Speaker 1: Hey, before we get started, be sure to head over to ham Radio two dot com forward slash email dash sign up to join my email list of over nineteen thousand subscribers, where I like to send emails about upcoming events, upcoming shopping deals, keep you updated with all the stuff going on with my videos. Once that list reaches twenty thousand, I will be doing a giveaway of another HF Radio sign up today and thank you for the support. Okay, guys, the background music is not working tonight, but hey, you know what, We're still live, so it's all good and I'm just gonna kind of switch over right there. We're going to start a little bit. Sorry about the I mean, we got a little bit of a late start, but like two minutes, so you guys can survive two minutes, right, So thank you for joining me tonight. We're going to talk about meshtastic tonight and it's going to be a really fun live stream. I got Daniel here from Spec five if you don't If you haven't heard of Spec five or you don't know what it's about, there is a link in the description blow we'll share it in the chat as the evening goes on. No it's not my camera, it's it's the background music file. Uh don, But good guess, good guess. So good guests there. Special shout out to folks in green text in the chat YouTube channel members. Matt W three f IQ is in there. I saw Tom WB seven o U T, Cory in one x WS, Wayne W five WNR. What's up, Andy, Kelly's in the house, ed AC three I K is in there, forty five Auto, don in five s k T aeron KQ four h z K. Thanks for joining us. Appreciate, appreciate you guys being in the chat tonight. And there's digital rancher Rob's in the house. I saw Bill in there earlier. Yeah, Bill, we were talking about you on Frank's livestream. We were talking about your trailer. We were talking about yours be Apocalypse bugout trailer that I want to build one for myself. That's what we were talking about. So thank you for thanks, thanks for joining us tonight. Bill don in five SKT gifted ten Ham Radio memberships. Look at that. Thank you, Don appreciate that. Good to see that in the chat. So thanks guys, appreciate you all being here. So a good deal. Okay, So I think we've got enough time in there for it to go live and send out notifications. I wanted to, didn't want to start too early. And we're going to bring Daniel on here. Where are were? Are we right there? Hey man? What's going on?
Speaker 2: Good evening, Jason, how are you?
Speaker 1: Oh? Good man? I appreciate you taking the time out, time out tonight. So Daniel, go ahead and introduce yourself real quick, tell us about Spec five and then we can get into your presentation just as soon as you're ready.
Speaker 2: All right, all right again, thank you Jason for having us. My name is Daniel Saska. I'm I'm wearing a lot of hats at Spec five right now.
Speaker 1: Seems like it, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm I'm a mechanical engineer by education and an experience, but I'm kind of leading the whole product team right now, which has been really exciting. And Spec five. Who are we? We're a small technology company. I don't want to call us a startup because we're trying not to operate like that, but we were based just outside of Austin, Texas. We started the business back January one of this year, so we're you know, ten ten eleven months into this thing now and it's been a wild ride, and you know we are looking to be a resource and and the kind of creator and builder of mesh networks.
Speaker 1: So good.
Speaker 2: That's Spec five.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you guys make some of them, some of the best looking cases for the Lilygo radios and some of uh that that one that what's that one that's called I forget what it's called the T deck. I think that looks like a BlackBerry. Yeah, several really good looking cases for like that made out of p l A if I have that right or no?
Speaker 2: G pet gg.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah pet G. So it's very good. In the in the sun in the Texas sun is as you and I both know as a thing. So good deal. Yeah yeah, cool man. Yeah, okay, So we were at as I said in the if you guys didn't get my email, you should be on my email list. We were at mesh Con about three weeks ago, I think it was it's it was the first weekend of October, and Daniel gave this presentation at mesh Con and I was like, you know, that was a really good presentation and I would like to have that on a live stream. So so I'm I died him to come on and give this presentation. I called it the future of mesh Tastic Networking. I hope that name is appropriate, so because that's kind of what I got out of it when you were talking at mesh Con. So that's kind of what it sounded like to me. So I'm gonna let you get started with that here in just a second. I do want to let's let's go ahead and let Frank say hi, because he's he's joined us there too, Frank, you're muted.
Speaker 3: Frank, Hey, hey, y'all, what's going on? We just got off of my cigar. Social and man, catching up with don Izzo is always a hoop. I love it. I love it.
Speaker 1: I agree, I agree, Yeah, is is a riot.
Speaker 3: So so as always for tonight, I'll be in the back. I'll be watching for questions, and I'm gonna be interjecting questions as they are prudent or I might hold it to the last for a nice fun lightning round.
Speaker 1: So cool. Yeah, yeah, yeah, ready, Yeah.
Speaker 3: No problem, no problem. I'm still finishing my cigar.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I gotta get a I gotta get a camera set up.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, I got the dsl R that I take everywhere with two do the lights with diffuses on them. I had to turn on the porch light. I forgot to turn that on to light me up a little bit better. But I haven't done this in a while, so yeah, it was fun. It was fun.
Speaker 1: Daniel, Are you a cigar guy?
Speaker 2: I dab. I wouldn't say I'm gonna fishyado or anything, but if someone hands me a good one and I know the difference between a not good one, and.
Speaker 1: That's that's that's good enough for us. That's totally good enough for us. As long as you enjoy cigars, it didn't really matter. We don't really care what level you are, but.
Speaker 3: Or just Bourbon or whatever, Bemberge and choice, just just hanging out with us, man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, totally totally all right man, all right, thanks Frank, thanks for being in the background. Okay, Daniel, if you want to share your screen, you can do that now. Make sure it gets centered correctly over here. Absolutely, and yeah that looks Yeah, I think that's good. Okay, go ahead, man, The floor is yours.
Speaker 2: All right. So at the last minute, I added a few slides because I saw some people saying that they want to know more about mesh Tastic, so I just quickly added a few slides to account for that. But you know, the the basic thing here is mesh and decentralized comms. That's that's that's what we're all about. So mesh tastic. Uh, kind of this new excite I guess it's not relative relative. It's relatively new. Yeah, definitely compared to amateur radio. But it's it's an open source, community driven communication platform. It's decentralized, so it's generated by the by the users. There's no towers router, there's no subscriptions, no license is required because it runs on the nine to fifteen IM band. It operates on the on the LAURA, which is on the lower protocol, which is the Long Range Radio Protocol two fifty six bit encrypted both public, global and private channeling. And then you can also message user to user, so device to device, and your message can hop across other devices to get there, which is pretty cool. So yeah, centralized versus decentralized. This. When I found this diagram, I was like, this is perfect. So your cell phones, your internet are centralized. It's all coming from a hub and blasting out to you. There are mesh Wi Fi networks out there, you know, but they're still connected back to the main Internet. So mesh Tastic you can have kind of some some larger repeaters out in the world and connecting a lot of smaller say handheld devices as we inspect five call call them. So, yeah, just the the network is generated by the users. There's no central hub, there's no central owner. It is the people's network. So Spec five what we're all about is building both software and hardware to create these mesh networks and give our users, our customers, a more instant on experience. You know, right now, or at least when when mesh task really became a thing, was a very di y you know, guy in his basement garage soldering it, assembling it, designing their own three D printed case. We want to we're doing all that. We're a bunch of engineers. This is stuff that we've all done before. Our customers are people that don't want to mess with any of that. There are plenty of people in the meshtastic world, in the Meshtaska ecosystem that want to do that stuff, which is great me personally, that would be me too, But yeah, our customers are people that want that out of the box experience. And then kind of kind of some of our company goals, you know, really looking at the broad spectrum, the big picture of these decentralized communications. You know, we want to help scale this network that's community owned all across the earth. Like there's no reason why Jason and I here in Texas can't send a message to someone across a mesh netw work to the other side of the world without meeting satellites or or or rather without meeting Fiji or Internet. We want to prevent the obsolescence of these open mesh networks. You know, Mestastic is amazing. It has really started this very new niche area of communications, and who knows if it's going to last forever. So yeah, we want to be there to prevent that obsolescence. We also have a lot of experience. The members of Spec five have a lot of experience and a lot of other tech technologies, both hardware and software, and we want to be able to combine these technologies for these off grid decentralized communication again making it both useful and fun, maintaining the freedom uh no no subscriptions, keeping it private and h and as a company, we find it really important to collaborate with the community. That's why we held mesh Con to get face to face with customers and users and it was just it was a fantastic time. We're definitely going to be doing it again next year and I need to start planning that really soon. But yeah, quick, little quick, little cool little diagram here of how the Meshtastic devices operate. So your Mestastic device is a radio. It's kind of your little gateway to Laura and Meshtastic. Ninety percent of the devices are going to be Bluetooth connected back to a cell phone running the Meshtastic app or in the future, our own app, and from the app you have a text messaging capability. You also have maps uh device and no data and then over the lower mesh your messages bounce around to either all devices, a group of devices, or a single device that you want to share that message with. So we've got a couple of different of our handheld devices. Here are copilot strapped on a drone. But the interesting thing about all these device is that it's not just Bluetooth. You can both You can also use Wi Fi and serial connection to either a phone or a computer to both configure the configure the mesh Tastic radio and then do the do the communications and the messenger. But yeah, the big thing that that Jason and I know was most excited about was a lot of the future stuff, the future solutions of like where can this go? You know, we expect five look at meshtastic and think it's amazing, but we see the future and that's what we want to get people excited about, because it's not just oh can I send a text message to the other side of the state. So a few of the things that we're going to be getting into very soon is looking at things like adaptive networks, transmission adjustment, and dynamic cells UH storing forward which is already which is already capability currently in in mesh Tastic, but really leveling that up and getting that broader, easier to set up, and just more functional. Combining mesh Tastic with with with directional Wi FI and t T as well as other other protocols. UH, There's there's Halo, there's a few other protocols similar to that that that operate very similar to to Laura and being able to kind of hop these these protocols, combine them together, be adaptive as to as to what's going to get your message or your data across is going to be really powerful in the future. And then something that I know my boss is super excited about is he wants to put up a satellite. This is like, this has been one of this has been one of his dreams. We've done a lot of play in in R and B with with with with drones, which is a great you know, low orbit satellite. But he wants to put something into space. And very soon we're going to start putting together like a little advisory panel. And I think I think Robert Digital Ranchers is definitely going to going to get an invite. Jason if you're if you're interested, we can include you on the list.
Speaker 3: Yo right here in the background too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well Robert, Robert's going to be the expert out of the group of us. He's he's big into satellites. There's a there's a group inside of amateur radio called AMSAT, which is Amateur Radio Satellite. They deploy satellites in the space all the time. We put I say, we I filmed a local club here putting a Laura device onto a weather balloon about two years ago. We launched it from North Texas. Then we tracked it and followed it and they did it again like just like last month. I w wasn't there that time though, but like that's that. That balloon went up to like ninety or ninety five thousand feet. It was really cool. You can see that video on my channel because they had a GoPro on the balloon also, so I got all the GoPro footage off of the balloon, but it had a Laura device on it. I don't think it was mesh tastic, but it will be next time if it wouldn't this time. So uh that that's a great idea. It's a fantastic idea to have something like that. I'm really excited to see what you guys do with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, so so again, we want this satellite to be very very community driven. So so there's definitely gonna be there's definitely gonna be opportunities for for some crowdfunding and maybe some sponsorship. But to be able to put a cube SAT up that will hopefully last a couple of years with with some redundant meshtastic uh and and and other mesh Mesh radios on board, maybe maybe a few other a few other frequency bands on there, just to see how everything plays together. And uh and yeah, start with one.
Speaker 3: Quick question from me here, sir, you're mentioning a lot of this other Mestastic, other types of mess technology. Can these play intertwined or you have to be play within the field.
Speaker 2: So at the moment, as far as I know, mess Tastic doesn't play along with other nine to fifteen radios. But I I want to say, and I want to hope that that is not a roadblock in the future, you know, so that that as as as other protocols come out, we can kind of open doors. So that say today, you know, ten seven, twenty four, say in two years, mestastic is done. It's not being supported, But there are tens of thousands, maybe even a million mess Tastic devices out there. Why can't someone still connect or why can't someone easily be able to reflash some different software and keep that old radio working. So that's U that's the dream.
Speaker 1: Laura is a open protocol, if I if I'm describing that correctly, Meshtastic is kind of like a version of Laura. But Laura is a larger protocol than just Meshtastic by itself. So I would think that if you could incorporate Laura into other things. You could probably expand the protocol network, the protocol communication collaboration type thing. I'm not a programmer. I don't know, but it's it kind of makes sense to me that you could do that. But yes, I agree with what you're saying, Daniel, A good answer to that.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, absolutely, Yeah. Yeah, it's all all the all the all the radio hardware is all the same, yeah, on the nine fifteen, and it's kind of all the decoding and encryption of the messaging. So yeah, we'll see what the future holes. I myself am not a software guy, so yeah, I try to keep my answers in my own lane. So yeah, some of the things that we've already brought that are currently available to the community are some apps to make this whole mesh tastic thing fun. They're kind of silly, they're simple, but hopefully it people can look at this and say, like, all right, if they can allow me to play Tic tac toe with a guy sixty miles away, or chess or checkers on the mesh when my WiFi is off, when my five G is off, what else can they do with it? So yeah, so we've got three apps out on the Google Play Store coming soon to Apple sorry iPhone users, But we've got mesh tac toe Checktastic and mesh Chess.
Speaker 1: So uh, you started with the correct platform. I'm just gonna put it that way. We can agree, we'll move on. We'll move on from there. That's all I'm gonna say.
Speaker 2: We'll move on, luckily luckily getting an app approved for the for for the Google Place, there was a lot quicker yes, so yeah, these are pretty cool. You turn off your Mestastic app, you connect your Mestastic radio to to one of our apps. Hopefully your your your friend on the other side has that same app. You send them an invite, and then your linked in a game and it's pretty cool. The if if you have a Messtastic device with with the screen, the messages that that come across are just a bunch of letters and symbols. It's really confusing. But on your phone app you get either the player moves you know, your moves, your opponent's moves, or messages like you won, you lost, et cetera. So yeah, this is just a jumping off point for for for what what can be done using these these mesh radios. Some of the more useful things that we're going to be working on will be again on the app side, So from the phone, you know, custom workflows for commercial applications, different reporting apps, sensor integration, visualization of data. And then a couple of more things that I think are really exciting is being able to do uh, text to image, Mesh to image transfer. And then something that we get asked a lot, a lot of a lot of guys send us emails and be like, does match Pastic do voice. We're like, no, sorry, not yet, so uh, you know, from a phone, we can do voice to text and text a voice right, so in time, that's that's gonna be something that that that we're gonna We're gonna add. Another thing that we had talked about that I forgot to add to the slide at ATUH at mesh Con was having like a dummy version of the Meshtastic app. That was that was something that quite a few people had asked for. And you know, there's a lot of cool configuration settings in the in the Mestastic app, but the average person doesn't need them. They don't need it.
Speaker 1: So so you talk about like a light version or something. Yeah, yeah, Okay.
Speaker 2: We're gonna, Okay, we're gonna, we're gonna, we're gonna talk about something like that a little bit more. And then again other protocols. There's this protocol out there called Reticulum and runs on the same same devices, same radios, same chip sets, as as Meshtastic and UH and again hopefully we can we can start to bridge some of these things together, bridge some of these communities together, and you know, just have the most useful and most effective mesh out there. So devices, you know, adding adding other things like more sensor capability. Most of your mestastic devices do currently have telemetry capability, so that's your GPS data location, but that also includes environmental data temperature, pressure, humidity, and there are a few little things included in meshtastic to do kind of motion detection and uh in vibration detection. So these are all things that we want to create specific nodes too to add add that functionality, while also adding like automated alerts so that that node, if it sees a change in temperature, if it sees motion, it will automatically send back a message. And then MESH controlled nodes, so using a mestastic device as as an on off switch you know, Tank just turned off his lights, you know, and and and maybe in the future Jason's going to be sitting there with his meshtastic radio flickering Tank's lights on and off and can go in full full party mode, you.
Speaker 1: Know, like a flipper zero exactly, Like a meshtastic flipper zero. That's good, like that.
Speaker 2: Exactly. Yes, So we have we have a device called called the Relay that is your permanently mounted outside repeater. We want to add a add to our offering, a vehicle specific version as well as a version that bridges over over the Internet that you can connect either direct Wi Fi, direct to Ethernet and bridge greater distances than what the metschastic protocol can do. A couple of multi protocol devices. We've got the Nomad here in the picture. That is our raspberry Pie based handheld device which has the lower radio in it, and being Raspberry Pie based, you've got a slew of options for like software defined radios and a whole bunch of other stuff that I don't know anything about yet, as well as again supporting the the Reticulum ecosystem. So the Nomad is gonna gonna have both hardware editions and software editions in the in the future. Again, multi protocol, I think is really the future of a lot of this stuff. You know, why can't why can't a guy on a on a Ham radio take his voice message and repeat it onto messchastic?
Speaker 1: So I like I like that the fact that that says it's it's audio through f RS and data integrated handheld transceiver plus voice messchastic. So I think it's Garman. I think it's Garman. Who makes a device that is like a mapping device and GPS device that has a built in MERZ radio. I think it's Garman. And that's a that's an interesting topic. It's an interesting thing to see because you could totally do that with a with a Ham radio with a dual band or tryband Ham radio and have access to a lot more things than just a two wat FR S radio. So that would be something that you know, obviously it would it would be a niche device that you could only could only legally be used by Ham radio operators. Now I'm not going to go down that rabbit hole today, okay, but it would be available to Ham radio. But you could have a gm R S version, you could have a Ham radio version. You could have an f r S version or a MERZ version something like that with that's that's a free band version, if you will. That's an interesting topic. I would love to see some future development on that. That's that's a great to that's a great idea.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that one's that that that one's coming soon, you know. Even just the simple FRS radio combining that with with with the man with with the meshtastic transceiver. That's something that that you can hand to anyone, right and and that's and that's where we want to start. We want to start with those devices that you can hand to anyone and they can use, and then and kind of use that as as a feeler to then go deeper into some of the crazy or cooler things like like like like you're talking about GM's and and hand.
Speaker 1: Bands, build hands I think it's all possible. Good you build one with a dual band hand radio transceiver. I might I might have to buy like a bulk of those from you and just sell them on my own website because I think that would be a thing. Man, I think that's awesome to integrate something like that. That's multi protocol. That's that's that's up my alley right there, So okay, go ahead, man, I didn't mean to interrupt you.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, all right, collab collaboration, maybe we can.
Speaker 1: Put right, so totally yeah, that'd be great.
Speaker 2: All right. You had mentioned earlier, I think before we started the live stream, our our new little device called the Specter. Simply put, it is a itty bitty baby Android phone with a case that has a Meshtastic radio built inside of it. So we lost one just at the beginning of this that this month. I think Jason might have bought like the third one that that we built.
Speaker 1: I've got it inside. Man, I'm meant to grab it before the stream and I forgot. But yeah, I'm gonna do a whole video about it, so y'all see that upcoming. Yeah. It's a neat little device.
Speaker 2: So yeah, you know, uh, this one, it was again a jumping off point where it gets the Android phone and the and the meshtastic radio combined in a pocket sized device. It's it's a two and a half inch touch screen, so it's you can you can you can hide it in your you can put it in your pocket, and we preload it. We preload the phone with the Meshtasta apps. As well as the current Spec five kind of game apps. I saw that, so so yeah, so that's where that's kind of where we're starting with it. Where we're going to go. There are some larger, small and expensive Android phones three and four inch screens. We definitely want to have multiple mesh radio options. There's a couple of different vendors, a couple of different chips sets, the SP thirty two, the NRS fifty two. People have their preferences and as we as we kind of grow the Spec family, we're going to have multiple options. And one of the one of the big things that we're going to add is integrated GPS. You know, right now you're relying on the GPS of the phone, which if you're no SIM card, no Internet, well it's gonna work. I've got it. I've got another guy like digging in, like seeing how seeing what he can do to use the phone's GPS completely disconnected. I hope he figures it out. But we will be adding adding a model that has a GP that has the GPS connected to the to the Laura radio U for for for positioning, and you know, and then we'll go crazy from there. Again. The exciting thing about this about the specter is that as we continue to add apps, people can use them because they're going to have an Android device, They're going to have a met radio all the time. And uh, you know, I personally hate having like a million different apps on the phone that I use every day. So when when when factor came, it's just it really cleans up the usage of your comms here, like you can only have the apps that you need to communicate on a mesh and keep a simple stupid man, I'm all about that. So the kind of the The last thing we're dig into here is hypermage, which is gonna which is the protocol by US, by Spec five. So it will be sourced at least the initial version. Uh, we might, we're still in talks. We'll see how how excited people get about it. But it's going to be our proprietary protocol. We will probably have a separate version that is open for people to use for free, and we'll have a separate version for uh for more like commercial commercial customers to use, you know, with appropriate functionality for both. It's gonna be it's it's in house scratch developed US, uh, you know, full customizable, adaptable to multiple different radio boards, custom encryption capabilities, and like I've been talking about protocol bridging, so why just being limited to one protocol And then uh, you know, rich content pay payload delivery, so again utilizing the phone or the compute power in kind of the companion device to the lower radio to do different you know, hmail invectors and in vector files, vector images across the the mesh protocol. So the the way we're kind of laying it out right now, uh, that's going to be you're actually going to log into the device like you would something on an IP network, So you're you're you're gonna log into it with with an IP address, your email and password, And what you're doing is you're actually, instead of Bluetooth connecting to the device, you are connecting over Wi Fi that the device is creating, logging into it, and then controlling the radio from there. So you're you're actually like viewing a a a web page hosted on your tiny, little match tastic device, which kind of goggles my mind when you really think about it. Again, I'm not a software guy. Now, one of the cool things this is going to allow people to do. We haven't fully tested it yet and hopefully soon we're gonna be launching a i'll call it like a beta version, and and we'll want to put together like a beta test group of hyper Mesh.
Speaker 1: And to tell you who needs to be number one on that beta test group, Yeah, probably Robert, but I'll be number two. How's that.
Speaker 2: Three?
Speaker 1: I'd like to be on the beta test group totally.
Speaker 3: We can set up a little messed noe around here.
Speaker 1: Totally, and and when you guys get ready to deploy that, we bring you back onto it and do another live stream as well.
Speaker 2: Absolutely absolutely anyway, So the interesting back to the Wi Fi connection. The interesting thing that that allows you to do is have more than one phone or computer connected to a singular radio. That's something currently can't do with Bluetooth.
Speaker 1: Correct.
Speaker 2: So that's kind of one of those like interesting interesting problems, interesting things that people have asked for, like why can't I have multiple phones connected to one Mesh task radio like because Bluetooth? Like I don't know the real answer, but that's the answer I give them, right.
Speaker 1: Right, It's a limitation to Bluetooth, that's true, yep.
Speaker 2: And then the other thing that that we're really stressing on hyper Mesh is is the UI. There are so many great messaging applications out there. I'm a big fan of Signal and we want to give that give you that experience. So by hosting the the UI on on the mesh tast device, we can do a little bit more with it and and also allow the the user to then, uh have some custom themes, especially for like commercial applications. You know, we can have that that company's logo and you know, kind of necessary settings pre configured for them, but just making it more user friendly. And again having other custom quick buttons, uh prepackaged messages in the messaging app for you know, easy quick quick quick communication, sharing locations, sharing contacts, et cetera. So lots of customization and and again it's going to be really exciting to get this in the hands of users because y'all are going to give us like one hundred more things to think about. And and again that's to me, that's that that's that's the most exciting thing in my in my career. Having the time to like sit down with the people using the product. That's when I've always learned the most, you know, that's when I really got to understand how how the product that I was working on, that my team was working on is really going to be used. So I'm really excited to get hyper mash out in the world, even as a beta.
Speaker 1: And do you have an do you have a time frame on that? It's estimated, I mean, you know, probably not exact timeframe, but you know, what are you shooting for?
Speaker 2: I mean, we're we're in the order of weeks. Okay, that's that's that's where we're at. Weeks weeks away.
Speaker 1: Weeks away, so maybe by Thanksgiving, maybe by Christmas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely before the end of the year.
Speaker 1: Okay, cool, good.
Speaker 2: So yeah, so that's hyper mech. That's kind of all I got. I didn't want to take up too too much time. I wanted to leave a lot of opportunity for questions. But again, my name is Daniel Saska. Please reach out to us uh spec five dot com. We've got to contact us right there on on the on the website. That's my email. You can email me directly. Happy to talk to you about our devices, even setting up your own network. That's that. That's been a really really rewarding part of my job is to have these conversations with people who know nothing about it and figure out how to best give them the solution that they need. And you know, we've got to We've got a range of different devices and uh, you know, happy to to kind of help help you build a package to meet your needs. And uh and this goes out to you know, the singular user. This go is out to the ham radio clubs. I've talked to other you know, volunteer search and rescue organizations, even you know, municipalities and other government organizations have reached out to us. And I want to talk with all y'all, so please reach out. And uh and again thank you Jason for for for having me.
Speaker 1: Totally, yeah, totally. I know we've got some questions. I saw Frank responding to people in the chat. So Frank, if you want to ye start in, go ahead.
Speaker 3: But you're talking about the lights and when I moved my monitor up.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, just your your laptop. Your laptop backing is reflective.
Speaker 3: So yeah, so move it down there we go, bright.
Speaker 1: And I did pin the link to the Spec five website to the top of the chat to guys, so if you guys can go click on that if you want to go ahead, go ahead. Frank.
Speaker 3: When you're talking about boys, this is a question from me said that will currently you do not support it? Is that a limitation via the FCC or is that a limitation in the bandwidth doing the voice?
Speaker 2: Yeah? So the Laura protocol is designed to be a small packet of data that you can send a very far distance. So it's like two fifty six bits, So sending a an audio file, it would be I mean probably a couple seconds long of an audio file that someone could actually here, right, they could actually understand your your words.
Speaker 1: We're the bitrates sign up to actually understand it, so correct correct?
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: The audio thing is is that's an interesting topic because in my mind, now you guys can tell me I'm wrong, and that's okay. In my mind, no one wants to talk on the freaking phone anymore. Everybody wants to send text messages exactly. I much much much. I'm fifty freaking years old. I would much prefer to send a text than talk on the phone. I spent fifteen years in a call in an IT call center. I hate talking on the phone. That's me. That's my perspective. Not everyone feels that way, and that's okay. But I'm like, you know, and everybody's well, will it do voice? Well, no, but your freaking radio will do voice. Okay, But this is a text messaging service, and quite frankly, I think there's more people texting than Yeah, exactly, I think there's more people texting today than picking up the phone and calling people today. Now, in an emergency situation, that may not be true, but I'm just talking about a regular, normal day. So the voice thing would be cool. I would love to be able to send an audio file to Frank and him send one back to me. That'd be great, And I think that probably the technology and the protocol will probably expand to that someday, probably maybe even sending low res pictures. We were doing some SSTV at at Poto last weekend. That was fun, just sending very low res pictures over over ham radio. It's it's it's a fun thing to do. But think about it this way. It's a text messaging protocol, which on your smartphone. What do you do with your smartphone? You text, Sure, you look up web pages, and you play with apps and whatnot. But when you're communicating with someone, do you pick up the phone and call them or do you send them a.
Speaker 3: Text or can we go through discord which is all text.
Speaker 1: And yeah, yeah, so yeah, yeah, I think I think that's the thing. But anyway, I had to put my two cents in there. Go ahead, Frank.
Speaker 3: You were just mentioning. I sorry, words, you were just mentioning. Sometimes I get all jumbled.
Speaker 1: My Just go Frank, you're fine. Go ahead, You're fine.
Speaker 3: You we're talking about cities and other big organizations reaching out to you to use this. Could you incorporate these questions from Tom? I see s forum sent over mestastic.
Speaker 1: I do not know what that is, so and I and I see s forum is a incident command service or center or something like that. It's it's basically a disaster response training protocol that FEMA has, if I understand, if if he's using the correct.
Speaker 3: Terminology, yes, I see.
Speaker 1: It's basically forget what the forget what the protocol is. It's sending a form a a A a form that you can fill out with text with typing over like a pedia form sort of thing over over this thing that.
Speaker 2: I definitely think that's that's possible. You know, we probably need need a specific app on the phone.
Speaker 3: That's what I was just thinking about. Do it through the app, and then then the your protocol will send the data fields over the data network, and then the receiving app and the other end will populate the forms correctly, and then that goes into the I c S database and maybe print out two O five. I am so familiar with that form. Yep, yep. That was a good question, and it's kind of relevant at the time. Let's pull up what's I'm just going to go top to my list here, David how Well, how well does Spec five hyper mess scale in terms of nodes? Could it be effective in a large scale amateur radio network? And that that's kind of referring to. We took all these mess nodes to Dayton and we overloaded the mesh network because we had like two hundred plus nodes. Yeah, can you deal with They.
Speaker 1: Were m q t T as well. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: When you're running, when you when you've got m q t T on, that kind of busy's up the network, gets you a lot of cool data, but definitely definitely busy's up the network a little bit. Yeah, this is gonna be. This is why we want to release a beta version of hyper Mesh so that we can start to play with it in these scenarios. Uh, you know, I personally have not you know, set up two hundred devices in my shop with with with with hyper mesh on them, nor nor can our our small team operate that many devices that wants to really to really know if if that's going to be a problem. But I'm glad people are asking about it because that's the stuff that that that that we want to test. And I think it's so interesting that it wasn't until mesh tasted grew to that that people even knew it was a problem. You know, like you don't know it's a problem until you get there.
Speaker 1: And yeah, you know.
Speaker 2: So so we wanna we we want to get it in people's hands so that we can, you know, start to anticipate some of these things. A little bit is you're never going to anticipate everything.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna mispronounce this name our amor amor a. Yeah, one of you guys.
Speaker 1: Uh, he's the he's the head guy. Okay, So I'm gonna he suspect five.
Speaker 3: Okay, So mirror is in the chat here. He says that scaling is the goal of the idea behind adaptive transmit Power is to reduce the size of the ad hoc cells. And then he also says reducing the size of those cells is the key to allow a large number of nodes to exist. Other types of scaling is just the messaging relay performance, queuing and message processing at a node, all those things we're working on. Oh look at that I could read you can't.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So also he said something about low power that that also means that your battery is going to last longer.
Speaker 3: Well, so you reduce the power transmit in those large scales, and this is kind of what are reducing so that your your node is not hitting the mass number of nodes. So it's scaling down what you're transmitting. So you might only hit one or two nodes closer to you, but then that guy can also transmit out and now in the mess network. I really do like that idea. So so it's not trying to process messages that have already been processed that perfect. I love it. This one's from Don Does Spec five support four thirty three megahert devices for radio? That must be a mistype, radio, SAIDA so do and tiny ground stations.
Speaker 2: At the moment, we are only on where we're only purchasing and supplying nine to fifteen nine to fifteen radios. Obviously a lot of a lot of the fantastic stuff you can get, the four thirty three versions, the eight six eight versions, and uh, you know, kind of the sky's the limit. So if we see that there is uh, there was a reason for us to maybe have a four thirty three and a nine to fifteen right next to each other to again do this do these kind of multi protocol things. We will absolutely do that. So yeah, again, I uh, I'm very much novice when it comes to a lot of these protocols. So every time someone says something, I'm over on Google, what is that? And it's so it's just blowing my mind all the different options, so wait to kind of start smashing them all together.
Speaker 1: So those are different, those are different frequencies. So nine hundred and fifteen megaherts has compared to four to thirty three mech herds, which four thirty three is in the Ham radio band. It's it's our seventy centimeters Ham radio band. So in other words, Spec five makes a lot of cases for Lilygo radios, hell Tech radios and these kind of things which you can get in those in those bands, in those four to thirty three mega herds, the stuff that you guys, the stuff that you guys sell with the built in mesh Tastic device. The Laura device is all nine hundred and fifty megaherts. But but you can get like a like one of those what is it called the Trekker case. That's my favorite one, the Trekker case for for a lit lygo T beam that's nine that's four thirty three megaherts. You can to do that with a protocol we use inside of ham Radio called Arden, which is amateur Radio Emergency Data Network. You can via Ethernet cable you can connect a nine hundred megahertz radio to a two point four gigahertz radio and point them in opposite directions and have them talk to one another via the hardline, and then they're on two bands at one time. So it would be nice to see something like that with Meshtastic, where you could take a four thirty three and a nine point fifteen and maybe even another band if there is such a thing, and somehow interface them together to where it's almost like a dual band. Meshtastic note at that point in time, I don't know if that's such. I don't know if such a thing like that exists today. I've never seen it from meshtastic, but it would be a really cool thing to do.
Speaker 3: Awesome, Yeah, awesome. This next question is from Corey. How far will it transmit? Can we add gain antennas?
Speaker 2: So yeah, mess the the messitastic devices. Uh, you know, line of sight is critical, so yeah, changing changing the antennas is going to be really important depending on how far you're trying to go. But the thing you have to remember is that your message can hop across other devices. So you either play going long range two different ways. You either maximize your transmit power and the gain of your antenna to go as long as possible, to go as far as possible in between nodes, or you just put more nodes in your mesh so that your your message is hopping across multiple devices. Now. I get that a lot of people like they don't want to, like, you know, randomly put up nodes in public places and stuff like that. Totally get that. But that's that's that's something that that I always try to remind people. It's like the way mestastic works, you do not need the perfect antenna now, having the perfect antenna will help you. But because your message can hop across other nodes, uh, you could cheat and just add another node in between.
Speaker 3: So have you done like best case scenario testing? You know, you take take your node out to a giant field and and you have one note to like get the cars and just keep walking and see how far you can get before your node link drops a point.
Speaker 2: So we've done some of that that stuff. Crazy enough, our customers have beat everything that that that we've done. I had it was it was posted on on a Facebook group. It was one of our s five beacons and he got a message like one hundred and fifty miles away and he just had the beacon sitting on his window still in the second story of his house one hundred and fifty miles away. We had another guy with They had two trekkers and one was flying around, lying around in a sessa at like fifteen hundred feet two thousand feet and then there's a guy down on a boat and they were like twenty five miles away. Like yeah, line of sight, but like yeah and helds you know nothing, you know, no no crazy antennas, other other stuff around. Yeah, and you're still going that distance.
Speaker 1: We have a sing in him radio called height is mic. So if you have an antenna that's this big, this big right here, and you put it up at five hundred feet or one thousand feet, you're going to reach out for a very long way. It's not gonna matter. So but if you're on the ground, you need a larger antenna at you know, that's higher up. So yeah, heights might especially for VHF or UHF, which nine hundred megahertz is considered in the U CHEF band, which is three hundred and three thousand megahurts. So the nine hundred megahertz is UHF. It is a it is a height as my scenario for for sure. Go ahead, Frank yep.
Speaker 3: Next question is from ham techconics or nonics. That's Bill hamnotics. I said that wrong, omnic.
Speaker 1: I don't know who that is.
Speaker 3: Uh V sr V E five sar.
Speaker 1: Oh that's Jody. Okay, go ahead.
Speaker 3: I can't wait to hear about the hyper massed software. This was earlier. Will it require registrations of an email or anything to confirm the configuration.
Speaker 2: So at the moment, no, it'll just be kind of your uh your your log in into the device so that someone else can't can't pick it up and log into it. I don't think we're going to have, at least for the for kind of like the open protocol, the the consumer version of the of the protocol, like there will not be maybe unless you want to share with us, but there will not be like a log of everyone who's who's got a note out there on the on the internet kind of thing. But you know, for for like a commercial application, it makes a lot of sense to you know, have a designated users for for for devices, but for the kind of consumer level, the log in will just be whatever you created.
Speaker 3: Cool. Cool. And I meant to ask this earlier, but we were talking about long hops and you're trying to mess the world. How do you plan on tackling the oceans, getting across the ocean?
Speaker 2: Satellites?
Speaker 1: Satellites? Yeah, you know.
Speaker 2: Another another interesting thing would be, you know, if if we can get commercial entities using this protocol and they've got a node on a freighter, like why can't a public message hop across you know, all the all the all the freighters that are crossing the Atlantic Ocean. You know, so again, like if we're gonna be putting devices even in a in a commercial instance, it would be great to also let that device carry a message from a non commercial device. You know. That's kind of the dream because everyone's.
Speaker 3: You kind of mentioned before your software you're playing to release open source from uh cole.
Speaker 2: Out the gate. No, we're going to keep it. We're going to keep it closed sourced, and we might have a version of it that is open sourced.
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 3: I like that. This is from don or smoke signals. Are f any options today or in the future for tracking vehicles or groups of people for public safety usage?
Speaker 2: Yes, so yeah, we're gonna be the vehicle version of the of the relay will have GPS location will be we will have both like USB B power and solar power options on that device, so you will be able to track its GPS location. Yeah, and we we talked about this at mesh Con, you know, for scenarios of like five k's, ten k's and marathons and stuff, having an armstrong app with with a note in it that is just pinging out its GPS location. It would be a really really functional use for this stuff. And uh so that's on our list of things to do. Uh I also want to make a trip up up to Robert's house and put a Meshtastic note on every single one of his goats so that he can track them around his his his ranch. That's also on my list of things to do.
Speaker 1: He wants to he wants to attach it to his goats, which which is a really fun thing, I think because I would like to see that. I'd like to do that with my at my hunt. I don't know how you do that exactly, but with your hunting leaves. I would like to attach it to some deer. You'd have to tranquilise a deer to do that, but I'm not I don't It'll still be a fun thing to see. To see at work in that in that capacity would be fun. I know that. Okay, all right?
Speaker 3: From Jesus Freak does mess tactic fantastic crossband.
Speaker 2: At the moment, No, at the moment no, And again that's that's what we want to strive for, is to open it up and cross multiple bands, even if that means you know, third party apps to do that.
Speaker 3: This this one's from David. I will Spec five well Spect five tracker hyper mess Oh let me try this again, well Spec five hyper Mesh have a atach feature. Attack is a cool piece of software for public safety and private enterprise.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Attack is really cool. I know about this much about Attack. It is Uh, it is an impressive piece of software.
Speaker 3: It is also pretty.
Speaker 1: So Daniel, you had a guy. There was a guy in mesh con that I was talking to outside and I don't remember how we broached the subject, but he was he was talking about Attack, and I'm like, so, I want to interview somebody about attack and take us through, you know, how to how to work it, you know, just like like basic starting point up to an expert, you know. And he's like, oh, I can do that for you. And he told me, he's like, Daniel has my contact info. I don't remember the dude's name. Okay, okay, okay, all right, I need to get Yeah, because he said he said, I'll get with Daniel and have him have Daniel send you my info. I'm like, cool, And he told me his name. I just don't remember. I'm not very good with that. And but uh, but I never you know, I never heard from you, which probably means he never he never contacted you and told but I've been meaning to email you about that. I'm like, I'd really like to get that onto the channel and talk about Attack because it's a very Android tactical comms. It's an app on your Android phone. Sorry, iPhone guys.
Speaker 2: But there there is there is there is.
Speaker 1: An iPhone okay, good, good, good.
Speaker 2: There is I Tack and it's it's all the same.
Speaker 1: It's all the same, goody good good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they talk across it should be.
Speaker 1: It should be. I like to tease iPhone guys, but there really should be. There should be. It should be cross platform. So yeah, but if you if you know who I'm talking about, after this is done tonight or tomorrow morning, sometimes send me an email let me know that guy's info. I'd like to contact him.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, absolutely, yeah, So back to that question, Yeah, go ahead. So the way the way Attack and Mestastic work together is a is a forwarding application. So on your Android phone you download the Attack app. It is ginormous, and then and then there are all these plugins that you can add to Attack, and one of those plugs is a piece of software that makes the Mestastic app transmit data over to the attac app and vice versa. So that's all that stuff's all all all open source by the grace of the open source gods. So if they've done it for Mestastic, we can replicate that for HyperMesh.
Speaker 1: Love it, Love it good.
Speaker 3: Don has a question here these outdoor devices, are they waterproof or dual dustproof? That's dustproof and have a i P ratings.
Speaker 2: Our devices are not waterproof yet. They are not i P rated yet. That's on our list of things to do, on our list things to do. So one of the one of the one of the interesting things that that we're doing that's I think it's a lot different and it's just kind of like a a vision and a kind of like a passion project for my boss. A mirror is how do we keep manufacturing stateside? And you know, the perfect scenario for us to make the perfect case that was IP rated and all that is to go injection molding, which we would have to outsource. So our devices. We are doing all the three D printing and assembly in house right here in Texas, and our goal is to continue that as long as we can. There are ways to make three D printed enclosures, three D printed cases on a different materials to make them waterproof, to give them an ip rating, that is in our pipeline to do. There are also some other sneaky ways to mold plastics that don't require a big giant injection molded big big giant injection molding machine. Don't require us to you know, buy quantities of parts in the thousands and the ten thousands. You know, we some of these products we've sold one hundred of. And you know we no one can afford as a young company to go out and buy ten thousand parts for something you've only you've only sold sold one hundred of. So it's been a really interesting thing to see how, you know, manufacturing at scale, manufacturing at a small scale really really happens. So yeah, that's uh, you know, I want to be truthful that.
Speaker 3: It's in the cards for later. That's that's but except so.
Speaker 1: This is the one hold on, Frank, This is the one right here that I'm showing on the screen right now. This is called this the Beacon Spec five beacon. And Robert turned me onto this device and it it it's kind of like they don't have a good picture of it here. In my opinion, that's sideways. So if you say, if you turn it ninety degrees to the right from where you see it right now, and then the antenna will fold up so it's vertical. This is a little solar panel on the side here, and this is pet G printed material. I have this sitting in the dash of my pickup truck in Texas. Now granted it's not August anymore, but it's the solar panel keeps the device charged and then I can plug an external intent. I have an external magmunt intended for nine hundred and fifty Mega Mega HiT's on top of my truck. But it's not waterproof and it's not dustproof, but it is absolutely Texas sun proof, and I think it's pretty darn cool myself. So and again Robert did this. He had one of these for a while and he was like, man, I s had that in my dash for like two or three months. Never had a problem with it, never had any wharping, melting, nothing like that at all. So this is what I'm currently running in my truck for my mobile meshitastic device with an external antenna that just it just runs because it's got the sun during the day and then the battery will last for a couple of days. I think even if you don't have sun. So but that's that's why I'm running right now.
Speaker 2: So yeah, the beacon runs the runs the rack wireless wise block right hardware. So that's the you know, the super super efficient and around fifty two we've done over like ten days on battery alone on a beacon.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So you know, the solar panel isn't big enough to like charge your battery. It's really there to reduce the draw on the battery, right. But yeah, if you're getting good sun on a windshield, you know there's a pretty good chance that the board isn't even drawing off the battery.
Speaker 1: Right, Right. It's a good device.
Speaker 2: I really like that and I and I do have plans to do like a remix of the beacon to make it perfect for the dashboard. So yeah, I've had multiple people be like, we whant I put it on my dashboard? But the thing slides around and stuff, and I'm like, all right, you know, we're gonna make one that's that's meant to be mounted to the dashboard.
Speaker 1: Well, my dashboard is slight slightly downward towards my windshield. Mine doesn't move. I mean every car is different. You got dashboards that are curved and slick and what blah blah blah. But yeah, mine on my truck and my dashboard is slightly downward facing towards the front windshield. It does not move at all. I've had it there since Meshcan. I got in at mesh Con, which was three weeks ago. I've had it sitting in my dash since mesh Con. No problems at all.
Speaker 2: Yep, excellent, glad to hear that.
Speaker 3: Awesome, awesome if Spec five. This is from David planning to go to ham Kashin or any other amateur radio conventions.
Speaker 1: Oh so yeah, Daniel had emailed me the other day asking, Hey, what hamfests are in Texas? So tell me what you guys are thinking about that I'd like to know.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So, you know, this year has been a wild ride getting into this space, getting connected with the people, and I love that it's so community oriented. I love that. I think that is amazing. So unfortunately, you know, developing, developing a product, and building a business did not leave us the time to to travel to these places. You know, I try to, I try to have a little bit of a life outside of work. But yeah, you know, for twenty twenty five, I think we definitely want to at least get out to some of these local local Texas ham conventions. You know, maybe I can, maybe I can tag along on a on a road trip with with with you or Robert up to up to Ohio for big Ham Bench and.
Speaker 1: You know we'll see yeah man, yeah, we'll see.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well there's so I So the ones I told Daniel about was Cowtown in January, Houston in March, and Belton in April. And those are all small region. I mean, Houston's a decent size show. Hro goes to Houston, but the biggest three shows of the year, the second largest show of the entire year is in Orlando in February. And that's what people are talking about ham cash in the chat right now. Orlando's a very fun show. We go up there and we usually get a hotel room for Orlando, but this year I'm planning on camping. More to come on that later, but yeah.
Speaker 2: Dayton convinced my wife to go to Orlando.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not that far from Disney World, so she could go hang at Disney World for the for the weekend. It'd be totally cool. But but yeah, so and then Dayton Hamvention is in May and Huntsville is in August. And we drive to Dayton in May, and we drive to Huntsville in August from Texas and yeah, man, you want to tag along car carpool or or grab the passenger seat or something. Yeah, we can make that happen. That'd be fun. We'll do it. We'll figure something out.
Speaker 2: Excellent. Yeah. Yeah, So it's again, it's it's on our list of things to do. We've we've kind of dipped our toe into the water of the community and we want to keep keep getting deeper because, you know, the the more that we've kind of like met people face to face, it has really really allowed us to better understand what what really the needs are, what what the people want, you know, and that's what we want to do.
Speaker 1: I mean, the HAM radio community is primed for this protocol, for this device, these devices, this this this type of thing. And you guys can correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm not seen any Messtastic vendors at any of these HAM radio shows yet. So we would love to get you guys there as the first ones.
Speaker 3: Daniel, are you a licensed? Are you a Ham?
Speaker 2: Not yet?
Speaker 3: Okay, you're going to get I got one of these, and he'd be like, yes.
Speaker 1: I asked that question. I asked that question at mesh Con and he's like, not yet. And then he starts talking about drone licensing. He's like, it's easier to get the Part one O seven drone license in his hand radio.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, there's no real maps you even.
Speaker 2: Know how to.
Speaker 1: No, no, it's not. If you got the drone license, you should get a hand license. Man, it's much much similar. I mean, everybody learned, everybody learns differently, so maybe it is for you, but no, it shouldn't be. No.
Speaker 2: No, well I'm going to have to do it just so I can come back on the live stream and tell people what.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, absolutely absolutely.
Speaker 3: Cool Dusty is. Asking does Spec five ship internationally?
Speaker 2: We are starting to get there again. Right now, we're only supplying nine to fifteen megahertz boards, so we're not going to be We're not sourcing the four thirty three over the eight six ' eight boards, so we're not going to ship you if if that's the if that's the frequency you need, we're not we're not going to ship you. We're not going to ship you there are We're not going to be able to supply that device to you. Rather. There are a few other countries that run nine fifteen, and I think we have. If we haven't, we're working on figuring out how to do that international shipping. So if your country takes take operates on nine fifteen, send us an email and uh and when we have that available, we'll be a fulfill your order.
Speaker 3: Love it, love it? Daniel is asking our Douglas. I'm sorry, Douglas is asking whis one is which mess tasted?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: Can you mount to a mast or tree?
Speaker 2: All right? So the the relay is going to be your actually waterproof, permanently mounted solution. That's what the relay is for, big old solar panel. On a cloudy day in Texas, that solar panel is still charging the battery beautiful. So I hope I've I've had one out out in the field by our shop since early February and I've only touched it once to upgrade the firmware. And I'm really hoping that the customers that I bought that have that same experience with it. So yeah, that's uh, that's gonna be the one permanently mounted outdoor all the time. All of our other devices. You know, you could absolutely temporarily put up. But again they're not waterproof, so you know, maybe a ziploc bag. Sorry, but you know, the relay is the one that's that's meant for that.
Speaker 1: I need to get one of these to put up at the house here. Well, I actually needed about three of them. I want to put one up at the house. My church is about a half a mile that way, and I have I have a I have keys to my church. Don't ask me why they gave me keys, but they did, and I do security at the church.
Speaker 3: Terrible, terrible, terrible idea.
Speaker 1: But the roof of the church is probably pretty good. You get forty yeah, forty or forty five feet in the air. My church is the roof in there, so I could go put one up there. And I want to put one at the hunting Lease Frank yeah, so yeah, oh you know what make that for a put one in Galveston as well. So I need to get a few of these things. These things are cool. I saw these. You guys have these on display at mesh Con and someone bought your display and I'm like, okay, good he bought it. That means I don't have to buy it. But I need I do need to get I need do need to get two or three of these things and put them up and do videos about them because these are these are very fun these are very fun looking devices because they will do. You've got to diepole intenta up there at the top. You've got that decent sized solar panel right there. That's not going to be like, you know, three watt, not a three watt solar panel like some of these other devices have.
Speaker 2: It's a it's a twelve.
Speaker 1: It's a twelve watch. Okay, twelve. It looks it.
Speaker 2: Looks even it's meant to charge like two security cameras at once.
Speaker 1: Okay. So I mean these devices don't use a lot of power. So yeah, it's no.
Speaker 2: It has more than enough power. That's that's why I say, like I've got the little you know, USB like current current gauge that I can put in line and again cloudy day, that's the vaultage regular or on that solar panel still outputting it clean five cloudy day. I am when if someone tells me that like their relay died, I'm gonna want that one back to figure out what broke, because I'm going to be confused. You know, we've had you know, we've we've we've had a couple of quality issues here and there, but we've we've we've we've made it right with those customers and got their got their units swapped out, and unfortunately it turned out to be you know, sourcing vendor vendor vendor related quality issues. But the ones that have been running have been running strong. So yeah, I'm.
Speaker 1: Gonna, I'm gonna, I'm gonna hate you up an email tomorrow and say, hey, make me a deal on four of these because I want to get four of them. Seriously, I'm not I'm not joking. I'm actually gonna send you an EMO.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, Frank, I I am out of questions. I have a couple of comments I copied down for super chats and we got armis grinnings from the rebels who use the technology to advance the cause of freedom. I'm down with the centralization.
Speaker 1: Ah right right, yeah, decentralized network absolutely.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and John, just put one up. I want to see this mess Texas series.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So I've got a couple of meshtastic videos on the channel already, but putting this type of stuff up at the Hunting Lease which is one hundred and seventy five acres of boondocking basically because there's no water, solar, well, there's some solar, but there's no grid power or anything like that out there. And then putting one up, putting one up into my Galveston house since I don't know if there's anyone in Galveston using meshtastic or not, but give it a shot fund out so ye'll find out. Yeah, totally. So.
Speaker 3: I have a couple of comments here. I liked, Frank's torch is lit? Or Frank has his torches lit? Still? Has he been voted off the island yet?
Speaker 1: That's good?
Speaker 3: And another one from Douglas here questions for Frank, are you trying to keep the bugs away?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: I thought this is a beautiful ambience.
Speaker 1: It's just it looks good. Your camera is a little bit lopsided, so it looks like you're sitting.
Speaker 3: Well, it was level, but when I let go of the camera it turned just enough and I couldn't get it quite level. So yeah, sometimes it is what it is, especially what I was having camera issues before. Leveling was the last thing I was trying to get done.
Speaker 1: It looks it looks good. I like yes, very rustic. Yeah, totally love it, love it. Thank you for the super chat, John, okay, uh hey man, we've been going for about an hour and twenty minutes, which this has been an awesome talk. Daniel, thank you very much for joining us tonight. Very cool stuff. I would love to do a follow up video with you in three to six months, see where you guys are well. Actually, if you're talking weeks for hyper Mesh, then yeah, let's plan on something around the first part of December, first first part to middle of December. Whenever you guys are ready, let's plan on that again. And then and then something in Q one of twenty twenty five as well. We'll get together and do something there as well. Because this is this is interesting stuff. I think it's a very what's the word I'm looking for. I think it's a very viable protocol. Considering the hurricane stuff that's happened on the East Coast in the last couple of months, Hurricane Helene, Hurricane Milton.
Speaker 2: We have been delivering a lot of devices to North Carolina, Tennessee, and Okada, and we've been since end of September. We've been really trying to prioritize those those customers because we know they need them the most.
Speaker 1: Good good. Yeah, I was wondering. I mentioned on one of my videos where Hams were helping with the cleanup effort. In fact, I had those guys on the channel two weeks ago, some of them, and I was like, is anyone using mesh tastic out here? And a couple of them were a couple of them. We're using some meshtastic to send messages back and forth. And because there's been some This was two weeks ago, but at the time there has been some areas of eastern Tennessee and North Carolina have been without power. And of course if you were without power, you were without so phone for like almost two weeks. So you know, it's it's solar power and battery power and backup power and low power Laura devices, uh type stuff that's people are using to communicate. So good good. I'm glad to hear that. I would like to I would like to follow up more on that later as well. So good. All right, Well, we're gonna turn this h We're gonna shut this down. Thank you everyone for joining tonight again. The link to the Spec five website is at the top of the chat. I pin it up there at the beginning of the live stream. I also put it in the description of the video for those of you watching on Team Replay, go check that out. I've got three of their devices, I think now. I've got the Specter, the Beacon, and I've got a couple well, I've got two or three of the Trekker cases, which are very very well built. I meant to bring my Spectra out here and I forgot to grab it off the It's it's in there charging right now. But I'm gonna do I'm gonna do a dedicated video about the Specter here in uh probably this week sometime, so you guys will see it on the channel upcoming. But but yeah, go go out there check out their devices. We're gonna keep in contact with Daniel and Amir. Amir, thank you for joining the chat. I appreciate your all your knowledge shared in the chat tonight, and we're gonna keep keeping talks with them over the next few months and see how this hyper messure thing develops and whatnot. So Daniel, thank you once again. I appreciate your time tonight.
Speaker 2: You are welcome. This has been a blast. I can't wait to do it again.
Speaker 1: Good, awesome seventy three guys. We will talk to you guys this week. Watch the channels for premieres, and we'll be back on livestream this time next night, Sunday seventy three to all y'all, have a good evening.
Speaker 2: Hi,