Speaker 1: Big food and be on.
Speaker 2: With Cliff and Bubo.
Speaker 1: These guys are your favorites, so like Shay, subscribe and raid.
Speaker 3: It five stock and.
Speaker 2: Day listening watching lim always keep its watching.
Speaker 4: And now you're hosts Cliff Berrickman and James Bubo Fay.
Speaker 2: Hello Cliff, Hello Bobo. How are you doing, sir?
Speaker 5: Pretty good about how's it going with you?
Speaker 2: All right? Just kind of dealing with adult drums of a winner. This is the second week in a row that I have not been out to the woods. I don't want to walk around in the snow and not say it just stows a bum out man. Yeah, you can take the boy out of California, but you can't take the California out of the Boy, I suppose.
Speaker 5: So you can't go like down like five hundred feet somewhere, and.
Speaker 2: I want to go to the spots that I know or produce. Right right, there's probably everything down loads, got people on it. I'm sure snow, it's not into the snow and cold. I'm ready for spring, man, I'm ready for spring, getting out there in the muddy roads and walking around and find them some Sasquatch friends and getting all squatchy man.
Speaker 5: Can't wait, it's coming, It's coming. I guess we got our few and A today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Well, so this is our normal sort of monthly Q and A thing that we do. Of course, we're taking questions from you, our listening audience, and if you want to submit a question, the best way to do it, of course, is go to that link that Matt Prout will put in the show notes, which is basically our website, and you can push the contact button and send us a question. Or if you're really really cool or exceptionally cool, I suppose you can leave us a voicemail because there's that option on the website as well, bigfit Beyond podcast dot com, and you can actually talk to us and well, we're not going to answer you because we're not on the phone with you, but you can leave a message for us on the voicemail and then maybe you can hear your voice on BIGU and Beyond with the Cliff and Bobo and Matt. Just like this first question that's going to come up right now, Matt hit.
Speaker 6: It and actually this one's not a quick question, and it was a nice compliment, but who brought a smile to my face? And so I thought I'd bring a smile to you guys too, so we'll put it here for the audience.
Speaker 3: Hi, clever brother, my name's James rob New Orleans and Louisiana. We don't have a sash March down here, but we've definitely got the work, so we've got that going for us. I just want to reach out and say thanks to you guys, because you guys actually made me feel less crazy when I found your show. You guys were on and loved it made me feel like this a lot more other people out there who do believe and actually want to believe and improve the existence.
Speaker 6: Of this animal.
Speaker 3: I think the most important thing to remember is we're all great ages and if there's another member of the family tree World, welcome to the family. Just makes the Thanksgiving dinner even better. I think your show's brilliant. I love the podcast keeps me entertained and listening from working to home and home to work each day of my journey so far, I do enjoy listen to you guys. You bring a very logical and cynsical argument to the whole Nomanna and I just want you guys and find it because they give down the groundwork and you've done the legwork, and thanks a lot for your time. I appreciate the show, and I'll keep listening. As Bobo says, keep it squatchy, speak to you later.
Speaker 5: But that's Cloit New Orleans accident accent, there is it.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, let me start right away, James by correcting you. There are sasquatches down there.
Speaker 5: There are.
Speaker 2: There are absolutely sasquatches in Louisiana. Bobo saw one there I believe.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah I did, I did. It was right on the border.
Speaker 2: Yep, yep, yes, yeah, So there are sasquatches there, so don't write off those woods quite yet. So that's I think the first comment. But thank you so much for the kind words. Really appreciate it. Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 6: You can go back and listen to the episode with Danny from Louisiana. If you want to hear about Bobo siding, go back in our old episodes and find the one that says Danny from Louisiana and you'll get a kick out of Bobo's story.
Speaker 5: But you don't. Got our six year anniversary coming.
Speaker 2: Up in May, I think, right May May fifth.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's only three months or whatever, but it's coming up.
Speaker 6: Well, we started recording in January February, so for us it's been six years, but for the audience, yeah, it'll be Cinco de Mayo is when we launched the first episode.
Speaker 2: Oh and do you remember the good old days when we're thirteen episodes ahead? Oh my goodness, I do what a luxury? Now we're now we're zero ahead.
Speaker 5: Well, we got that. We've got a question or more platitudes being a lot of honus.
Speaker 6: Here's a good question for you, Hi, Cliff, Matt and sometimes Bobo.
Speaker 5: This is Barren.
Speaker 7: I'm a longtime fan, first time caller, fat Cliff. I even met you in San Francisco once at an event and you were even talking to Bobo on the phone. Anyway, my question is, I know you guys are big fans of books. You talk about all the books we should read, but it's kind of hard to read a book while on the treadmill. We're working out, and that's where I like to watch a lot of videos. I was wondering if you had a list of videos or movies that you like to watch or Sasquatch related. Anyway, keep up the good work, and also, Bobo, i'man trying to get a hold of you to see if you'd be interested in a paid gig to Bluff Creek this July.
Speaker 5: Let me know. Thanks bye. Yeah, okay, I did see that message I got. I gotta go back. I got so much stuff to go through. Is that there a fireball pass? So I got like thirteen fourteen hundred messages or something like that. So I'm just going back to trying to answer as many people as I can. It's a task. But anyways, yeah, I'm in so yeah, I'll get back to that guy for sure within this week. So it was did you have a question?
Speaker 2: Well yeah, yeah, yeah, A couple of things to say. First of all, yeah, you must have been talking about when we did that the thing at the Balbo Theater in San Francisco. That's the only gig I can think of in San Francisco itself that I've done in the last ten years. That was a lot of That was a lot of fun actually, And of course I was probably talking to Bobo on the phone, because that's what we do. In fact, we did. I used to talk to Bobo so much on the phone we decided to make a public and do a podcast about it.
Speaker 5: I remember that Cliff, you give me direction how to get there and word to part. I was so blowed out of that kind of because I was so epic. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Kai used to do that one, and Kai got really into it for a while. Don't know what. I haven't talked to Kay in a while, but he pops up like every year or two, just out of the blue, and it comes and graces his you know, our lives with his presence and makes us all laugh for a few moments and it completely disappears for the next eighteen months or something like that. Love the guy. Yeah, But as far as your question goes, he's saying that he doesn't have a lot of time for books because he's always running on treadmills and he wants to know if there's any movies that he can watch or whatever that be informative on the treadmill. And my first answer is what about books on tape?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, books on tape. I'm going to go back to books again if I can, just because books it's so much more effort to bs in a book in my opinion. You know, don't get me wrong. There's plenty of nonsense books out there and terribly formatted ones, and some one's of spelling errors, and some that people didn't even write you know, either, you know, like a I wrote, or ghostwriters wrote in all the other stuff, you know, And I don't mind the ghostwriting things as much. But there's a lot of nonsense in books even nowadays. But i'd say for the most part, stick with books, you know, books on tape while you're on a treadmill or whatever you're doing driving is a great way to use your time. But if you're set on watching movies, I don't know if I have anything for you.
Speaker 6: Well, he specifically said videos, and so I would direct you to the North American Bigfoot Centers YouTube channel, which I will link in the show notes.
Speaker 5: Gotcha.
Speaker 6: There's another technology too, like if you're not in a position where you can like sit down and watch something on a screen, but you want to take in information, it's sort of like similar to the radio or audiobooks. They're called podcasts, and I would highly recommend those. I don't listen to any of those either, though, well I listened to lots of them.
Speaker 1: You listen to this one like three times a week? Yes, No, but there are I would say, you know, I love a lot of the small town monsters documentaries. You know, they cover a lot of cryptids, and so some of those things, you know, I don't watch because I'm just not as interested in the cryptid, but they make great content. Obviously, once again, North American Bigfoot Center has great video content. Sasquatch Archives, that's a great channel. But there's so many great long form interviews with people like doctor Jeff melderm or John binder Nagel that are on YouTube, or old Grover Krantz lectures. I mean, there's still a lot of good academic, scholarly content on YouTube. They're just not in the form of like produced videos. They would either be long form interviews or public presentations, and so that's what I would recommend if you're not listening to certain podcasts or you know, I know you mentioned audiobooks. There's a lot of great audiobooks that you can find on relevant subjects, but there's not a whole lot of Sasquatch oriented audiobooks, or at least not ones that I would recommend to come to mind because a lot of the classics are not in the audiobook format unfortunately. So now Meldrum's book is, but you know, Krantz Green a lot of the classics are just not yet, unfortunately.
Speaker 6: I do. Someone texted me the other day to say that Sanderson's Abominable Snowmen Legend Come to Life is on audiobook now, and he said the arrator is pretty funny. I guess it's like a real ery Dyke sounding British voice, kind of like sa Anderson would have been. So I'll have to go check that out. But if you have Spotify Premium baron, there's tons of audio books there that you can dig into.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there you go. Yeah, I say, I was thinking movies, like, I don't know if I want to watch movies, Like what were you going to learn from anything outside of the documentary? And the best Some of the best documentaries are getting so old now that the information's kind of dated, you know.
Speaker 6: Yeah, those are still my favorite ones, like Mysterious Monsters, Bigfoot, Man or Beast, like all those old classics are still my absolute favorite. Pickfoot documentaries.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. I don't watch anything. I really don't. I just don't have the time and I don't have the interest. You know. It's not like I'm not interested in the subject, but at the same time, I'm out there doing it. You know, like, dude, tennis players watch movies about other people playing tennis. I don't know, maybe they do.
Speaker 5: I have no idea. Yeah, i'd recommend something like I'll get into something like I'm like, oh, this is like I'll listen like a cool episode or something. Then I'll get it another one and I'm like, I'll tell you one, like listen to this one. And then it's like I heard some more. I should have. I should have listened to some more before I recommended it.
Speaker 2: I do love the Sasquatch archives though.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it sounds like archives. I always recommend that we're missing some channels. I know Charlie Raymond has some good stuff for Kentucky Bigfoot. Who else Russ Jones post stuff, but that's not really He's not like posting that much. But what like Twitter stuff. The guy that was with the Bluff Creek project guys, he puts up some pretty decent stuff.
Speaker 6: Oh Jonathan Easley, Yeah, yeah, he does good stuff as well.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yeah, And I know we're I feel bad for anyone listening that we're skipping your sorde about that.
Speaker 8: Stay tuned for more Bigfoot and Beyond with Cliff and Bobo will be right back after these messages.
Speaker 4: Well, Cliff, it is a new year and there's a lot of things to be optimistic about when you walk out the front door.
Speaker 2: But if you're experiencing hair loss, like if your hair is falling out, you may not be so confident when you leave the house.
Speaker 4: It can be really hard for men to deal with hair loss, even though it's fairly common. Luckily, we're here to provide you with a solution that's so simple you don't even have to talk about it. Hymns provides you with convenient and quality access to a range of hair loss treatments that work all from the comfort of your couch. Hyms makes treating hair loss simple with doctor trusted options and clinically proven ingredients like finastroide and monoxidil that can regrow hair in as little as three to six months.
Speaker 2: All you have to do is answer a few questions and a medical provider will determine if this treatment is right for you.
Speaker 4: No insurance is needed, and one low price covers everything from treatments to ongoing care.
Speaker 2: Hyms has hundreds of thousands of trusted subscribers and they can help you get your confidence back too. With visibly thicker and fuller hair. Start your free online visit today at hyms dot com slash beyond.
Speaker 4: That's hims dot com slash beyond for your personalized hair loss treatment options. Hymns dot com slash beyond. Results vary based on studies of topical and oral monoxidal and finasta ride. Prescription products require an online consultation with a healthcare provider who will determine if a prescription is appropriate. Restrictions apply. See website for full details and important safety information. And so here is the last of the voicemails before we move on to the written questions.
Speaker 5: Hey, Cliff, Bobo, and Matt.
Speaker 2: I love the show. This is Dale from Indiana.
Speaker 9: I was just wondering if there's ever been like a handprint or a footprint found made in blood from like a kill site.
Speaker 2: Love the show, guys, keep it up awesome, have a good one.
Speaker 5: Thanks By. There's the screwboard from this kind of a print, sort of that screwboard snow Grove Lake where they got the original gena something they tried for a legimate science Monster quest ros Monster Quest. Yeah that's the one I know of.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's the only physical one I know. I've heard a lot of stories, one in particular that was a very compelling story, but no photos.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 6: It supposedly happened in the eighties.
Speaker 5: What was it.
Speaker 6: There was a gentleman who a friend of mine interviewed the witness, and this was in Maryland, and the guy was out raccoon hunting in a place that was sort of like the area dump. It was a wild wooded area, but people would dump like furniture and dead appliances and things like that out there. So he was out coon hunting. His dogs took off. He heard him going nuts. He found them at the base of a tree, and he shined the light up in the tree and there was a branch sticking out horizontally parallel to the ground, about six feet off the ground. And he said, standing on that branch was a sasquatch and it was real close to the trunk, and it had one hand on the trunk of the tree, and when the guy shined the light at it, it put the free hand up above its eyes. And he said that when he hit it with the light, you know, it put its hand over its eyes. And the dogs were going nuts, and the guy was kind of freaking out, taking in the whole scene, and so he just screamed like shut up to the dogs to get him to stop barking. He said what he did. Interestingly, the sasquatch urinated all over itself, like he had startled it or frightened it or something. And then it leapt down and took off up the slope and the dogs were chasing it. And he said he was trying to follow the dogs up and he heard this crashing sound in this big, you know, dead washing machine came crashing down the hill, like an appliance that was dumped out there. And he came home and told his dad the story, and his dad didn't believe him, you know, oh, you must have seen a bear or something. And so he claimed he went out there with his dad the next day and showed him that washing machine and there was a big bloody handprint on it where either they, you know, interacted with something dead, or maybe the dogs had bitten it and it was bleeding or something. But but again I didn't get to talk to the witness. It was a friend of mine who did. But that story is always stuck with me.
Speaker 5: That is, that was sick with its that's pretty gnarly. I can just imagine that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, especially the detail about it, like urinating almost in voluntary early, like it was scared when the guys shouted really loud. Yeah, apparently like hurled this washing machine like a closed washing machine down the hill, or shoved it down the hill or something.
Speaker 5: I said. If there's chunk around like a junk yard, they love those. They love that. Squatches love debris to try us.
Speaker 2: Indeed, I have never heard of such a thing. You know, you think it would happen every once in a while, But then again, I don't have a ton of reports of sasquatch eating live or you animals or recently dead animals, So you would think that there'd be more around there, especially if some people I don't I personally don't think this. But if they lean so heavily towards carnivorous habits, you think there'd be some more of that stuff around. But I think they tend towards plant diets with and augmenting it with meat to a lot. But you know, if there is only going after deer, as people say, then you think there'll be a lot more of it.
Speaker 6: But I just have not heard it.
Speaker 5: So, yeah, some squatches on paleo diets, some vegetarian squatches. You know, they're in the gamut. They're just regular people.
Speaker 4: Now, prout, we can move on to the written questions.
Speaker 6: So here is the first question.
Speaker 5: This one comes from Quirky Tait. Hey, guys, longtime listener and loyal member of the Royal Order of Honorary Pigeons. I remember years ago some people took a mounted African line to the planes of Africa to see what real lines might do. I know, did they investigate, but they even attacked it. I was curious if you have thought of leaving Murphy or reasonable facimally outside me with a pheromoh hip or camera, just see what the neighbors might do. We've talked about it a ton. I don't know if anyone's ever left a really good one like that out there. I mean we've been like a ply with cutouts and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: But Tom Shade did something like that. He found a very very cheap fur coat in I believe, at thrift store somewhere, and he bought it and put it on a mannequin and like left it out there, and I think it went ignored for a while, and then eventually they tore the crap out of it. He thinks they are the ones responsible.
Speaker 5: Who knows what.
Speaker 2: Actually did it? We just don't know. But I believe it was tossed about and you know, and scattered and all that other stuff. So I'd have to get verification from Tom Shada to see if I'm correct on that. That's but that's what my memory is telling me. But you know how my memory is, it's not always one hundred percent.
Speaker 5: So we know, we know it didn't fool that they throw it apart. It was just kind of like, get this damn thing out of here. Like it was like they thought, we're beating up a fellow of sasquatch takeing our territory. Sure, it was just annoyance.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, And trust me, if Murphy didn't cost thousands of dollars and was easy to carry around, I'd be happy to leave it in the woods for a couple of days. But that would be foolish of me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: I think I think the only way you could fool is if you laid it on the ground in a position like it had expired, Because I think if they saw one just being static and inanimate for a length of time, they'd know that something was up. You know, I think they would be intelligent enough to be suspicious of that. But I think if it looked like one laying face down on the ground, they might come investigate.
Speaker 2: But you know what might be kind of fun to do is going big footing dressed as a sasquatch, you know, doing your thing, walking in small groups on trails he had no lights or anything like that, and doing the knocking and whooping and seeing what that kind of thing illicits. I'm not sure if anyone's ever tried that.
Speaker 5: We've done that?
Speaker 3: Have we?
Speaker 5: I have not? Yeah? Yeah, up in the.
Speaker 2: Road woods dressed as sasquatches.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I've done the muggy seats a couple of times where we did Gillie suits because we did it a national park, because you're not gonna get shot in the national park. No, it's hunting, there's no guns. Geat me careful. I mean, there's plenty of places I do it like, not worried about it, but doesn't seem to have worked all that great so far for people I know that have tried it. I've only had one person that said, where the sasquatch got excited and it kind of fooled them. It sounded like there are something at all that sound like it. Just get a little more worked up. It's the same thing. They stay out of the way, they stay hidden. They might throw some pebbles or something and break some branches, but nothing really out of the ordinary.
Speaker 2: I've never heard of anybody doing that that's interesting. I could see how like one or two people walking on trails, just hiking in the dark dress of sasquatches might come up with something interesting eventually. And of course the problem with that is that you just don't know if the sasquatch is there. They are very rare, and they're not all over the place. They're not always watching you. Despite what a lot of people say and all that sort of stuff, they're just usually not there.
Speaker 5: Is the fact of the matter. The one we had had dimming lights. We had two little red diode lights for eyes. You get dim, right and dim.
Speaker 2: Was that that cardboard cutout we tried in Virginia.
Speaker 5: That was the plywood Oh okay, right right, let'men worned a couple of times. I worred a few times. There's probably no biglits around anyways, who knows. We got no reaction to the discernible at least you'd be warm. Yeah, yeah, that's true. Yeah, we've thought about it. We've definitely thought about it. We did great. If you have some big like the Mountain from Game of Thrones that came with a you know, good squatch costume because they look a lot more believable. Well there's little ones, yeah, true that.
Speaker 8: Stay tuned for more Bigfoot and Beyond with Cliff and Bobo will be right back after these messages.
Speaker 2: Well, let's go on the next question.
Speaker 5: Then.
Speaker 2: This is from Dennis Martin and he asks it seems that there are a bunch of Bigfoot festivals popping up all over the country nowadays. If you had time and the means for three a year, which would you go to as a patron not a presenter? Thanks and love the podcast, especially Bobo's story Time. That should be a book in itself.
Speaker 5: The festivals, man, I love a lot of I like almost all of it. Really dig cryptod cons always a top dog for me. Squatch Fest up in Washington, you guys just did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got to look at who's speaking. And also there's different flavors of these things too that you have to consider. Like there's the festivals. You know, if you're gonna go do a festival one, I'd go do Hawking Hills or something like that because but then they have speakers too. But that's more of a family event that you could just go to and it's huge, like tens of thousands of people show over every year. If you're talking just speakers, I'm with Bobo's squatch Fest and Cryptid Pawn and the Ohio Conference always knocks it out of the park. Yeah, I mean those are the ones that off the top of the.
Speaker 6: I think he means conferences like any sort of Bigfoot event at all. I don't think he's differentiating between conferences and festivals. That's how I would break it up. It's like, if I wanted to go see speakers and interact with them, I would choose the Ohio Conference because it's an intimate setting. Everyone's under one roof, it's very speaker oriented, there's great vendors there. It's small, kind of a you know, first come, first serve because it's a small number of tickets, so it's a little more exclusive in that way. If I wanted to go to a festival, yeah, there's a lot of those around that are great like Cliff mentioned Hawking Hills, or like the Smoky Mountain Festival in Townshend. In terms of like a big conference, I think Marty and Nicky Pippen organized excellent conferences, whether that's the Smoky Mountain Bigfoot Conference with the Great Florida Bigfoot Conference. So that's the three sort of styles I would pitch.
Speaker 2: You can't really go wrong with any of the two or three Tennessee festivals either. There's two or three of them out there, and all of them are pretty good, you know, as far as big festivals go, you know, booths and families and all that stuff.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, if you're looking to get a bunch of bigfoot swag, those ones are great. An Ohio conference is good for speakers and schwag and or you know, merchandise Bigfoot related paraphernalia. Yeah, Ohio has got it all. But yeah, Marty and Nicky's they're gather yeah, gatherup events. The ones they put on Smoking Mountains in Florida, those are top notch for the big ones. And yeah, I love the Kentucky I mean, god, yeah, Tennessee's got some big anythink Lea and gender is always really fun, really good.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Crypto Con kind of has the same feel as Ohio because everyone's under the same roof, so it's a real social event for multiple days, and there's amazing vendors there, and you know, a lot of speakers. They cover a whole lot of subject matter too, so it's not just sasquat related speakers.
Speaker 2: A couple of things worth mentioning though, is that I'm pretty excited about two particular festivals this year. I happen to be speaking at both of them. That's why I'm aware of them. One is coming up real shortly here in April. I think it's on April eleventh or that weekend, whatever the weekend around the eleventh is, and it's the Mountain hood Sasquatch Festival. It's a brand new one. It's never been done before. But you know, this part of the country doesn't have a lot really. I mean there's a couple here and there. There's a Squatch Fest is the big one of course, has in January. There's the Ocean Shores thing. Whenever that is, I think it's usually November or October or something like that. There's not a whole lot out here, though, considering it's a Pacific Northwest. So these folks are getting together one in April, which is a cool time of year to be up here because spring's in full forest and all the trees are blooming. It is beautiful up here that time of year. It's going to be a little wet, probably because it's a Pacific Northwest cptral, but it's up on Mountain Hood. It's on Mount Hood itself, so that's kind of exciting thing because this is a super squatchy area, of course. And I know that the speaker lineup this year is pretty great. And it's not because I'm on it, you know, like I'm excited to go herebody else speaks because it's Doctor Meldrum I'm speaking, of course, and Mark Mercel is speaking and Michael Freeman. You can't ask for a better lineup for speakers than those four, I think, you know. And then we're all friends and it's going to be great. And there's another one that I'm looking forward to in the fall. God, I think it's September. I'll get the dates, and you know what, it gets a little bit closer, I'll be sharing with people. It's out in New York, though it's in New York and there, you know, so it's not all the way up in Whitehall, and it's not all the way down in like the city either, as somewhere between from what I understand. And I know that the organizer for the IHAO Bigfoot Conference is helping out with that one, so it's going to be a very well run event, and I'm looking forward to that one too. And I know I know doctor Meldrum's on that one, and I'm on that one, and I think they have another local person representing, but I don't know who that is. I forget and I don't know, but when it gets closer, I can share a little more about that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's good to clarify because we've mentioned in a few times, but we've gotten a lot of emails and people asking for the details. So I've been responding to those one at a time, saying, well, it's a new festival, so they don't have a website or social media presence yet, and as soon as those things are launched, they'll be put in the show notes and talked about more in depth, so folks don't email me.
Speaker 2: Narrowing it down to three is kind of hard, because you know, there's a lot of good ones, and it depends what you're looking for. It really depends what you're looking for. Some people go to one of these outdoor festival things and aren't happy because they brought their their notepad and they want to sit inside and take notes and learn stuff. And sometimes the other is true, like people think, oh, close a boring speaker because blah blah blah or whatever, because all he talks about is bigfoot and I want to see chochkeys.
Speaker 5: Para CON's cool up in Michigan. It's all indoors and that big casino.
Speaker 2: Although to be fair, that one isn't really a bigfoot oriented at all. In fact, when I'm speaking up there, like I feel like I'm the outcast because I'm up there talking about you know, field biology a bigfoot, and everybody's going like, but don't they talk to you in your head? And are paranormal? Aren't they interdimensional? And it's like no, no, And then like I feel like I let the air out of the room every time I'm there.
Speaker 5: So I went there twice and it was like the bick red for Lyle. There's you know, it's like half bigfoot people. I guess they went way more of the paranormal is that sells more tickets.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah. In fact, I'm not going to tell you who it is, but what there there is a paranormal bigfooter who told me that they went paranormal because they have more money. It's like, oh, that's not wow, that's not good. That's not good for the subject. It's not the only reason that this person went paranormal. But you know, that's you say, oh, there's just so much more money in the UFO community or whatever. So it's like, well, I guess if you're into it, as long as you're into it, as long as you're being honest to yourself about it and that you really care about the subject, I don't really care what you do, you know, honestly. But it's the posers that boil my kurds agree, Yeah, all.
Speaker 5: Right, well that's yeah. So there's there's there's a lot of good festivals and conferences out there. Estes Park's another fun one.
Speaker 2: Oh I'm done that one this year too. Actually, yeah, that's three in a row I'm gonna do. I mean the Mountain Hood Festival. Then the following weekend I'm in Estes Park, Colorado, which is beautiful. It's just a beautiful It's an outdoor festival, and it snowed last year from what I understand, so I mean they do it anyway, though, I guess you're tough sort of folks living at you know, eight thousand feet into the snow and whatever else. But it's a beautiful little town and super fun. I love that festival. I've I've only done it once. It was two or three years ago, maybe four, I don't remember. But I'm looking forward to that one. And then of course the week after that, which brings us into the first weekend of May, I'll be at the Ohio Bigfoot Conference once again. So I keep going back to that one, so I must love it.
Speaker 5: What I did at Estes Park, it was the high was twenty six degrees that day. It was outdoors, and it was a little bit of wind blowing. It was pretty brutal.
Speaker 6: Ouch ouch.
Speaker 5: It was beautiful. It was fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I'm looking forward to it. I'm looking forward to all three of those events. I'm sure after three gigs in three weeks, I won't be looking forward to any other ones for a little while until I can rest.
Speaker 6: We get these kind of questions, surprisingly often. Given the fact that we discussed this a lot, I usually don't throw them in there, but since we do, get him off and I figured it'd be good to address one.
Speaker 5: This is some Tyler McMahon, Hi, Cliff, and Bobo. I wanted to ask if you guys were still in contact with Matt Renee Greetings from the UK. I haven't talked to him either, one of them months since last summer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's been less than that for me. I mean, Renee was at Cryptocon in November. I think I've gotten a text from her since November. But in general, it seems that the habit, the pattern that has developed is that I probably have some sort of contact, whether speak to her on the phone for twenty thirty minutes or texting or something with Renee every two to four or five six months somewhere in there.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: Sometimes it's more frequent, sometimes it's more Yeah, but something something like that. Every couple of months, it seems that I'm in contact with Renee, just catching up or something like that. Matt is a little bit more often because Matt and I talk about bigfoot stuff, you know, Renee's I just talked about like whatever, you know, whatever's going on. But with Matt it's usually bigfoot stuff. He'll call me say, hey, there's a siding up here, can you want to check it out? Or you want it? Or this or that or his son lives up here. Now Leo, moneymaker lives up here. So I've just played with Leo, played some music last week with Leo. So you know, I check in with Matt every once in a while. And although I have to admit this is probably the longest it's been since I've spoken to Matt in quite a while. I bet I haven't spoken to Matt since maybe around Christmas time or something like that, you know, because it's not really Christmas without a money maker in your life, I guess. But yeah, so I guess it's kind of a long I guess I Mat a phone call. That's what it comes down to, too.
Speaker 5: He oes we want.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but yeah, we do get those kind of questions often, even though I know if someone were listening to all the episodes, you know there's there's updates from both of you about Matt and Renee fairly frequently, but it's good to just answer it in the question there.
Speaker 2: And we're always getting new listeners as well, so I think it's good to revisit some of these questions that keep popping up.
Speaker 5: Right. Oh.
Speaker 6: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: The next question here comes from Denny s. And his question is do you have any updates on the study being done by Derby or cut any idea when the study will be published?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Actually, I'm in contact with Darby fairly frequently. Again, it's been a little while for me now, I think it's been two weeks since I've spoken to Derby, But I speak to Derby rather regularly about a couple of different things that are going on. But just to clarify, it's not a study, it's a lot of studies. It's a lot of things going on, and Darby is very, very tight looked about it, as well as he should be. I know the stuff that I'm involved in personally, and I know very little about anything else, and he likes it that way, and I respect his privacy because he's doing some high level stuff and he's got to be extraordinarily conservative about it because if he does get positive results and we can nail this thing down, everybody from every different direction is going to call him a liar, a hoax, or this and that and stuff. And he has to have absolutely bulletproof evidence, and part of that is NDA's and secrecy and all that sort of stuff. But again, I do speak to Derby a fair amount, and the last several times I've spoken to him, he has brought it up himself. I didn't poke him at it. He brought it up himself that he will be looking for a time to come back on to Bigfoot and belong to talk about updates and progress and things that he is allowed to talk about. So we are his first stop. This microphone right here is his first stop when he is willing to say and when he's able to share anything. And he says he is constantly barraged by emails both good and bad and whatever else. And science takes a long time, a very very long time when done right. So I just like encourage the entire Bigfoot community that is listening right now to hold your horses, relax a bit, breathe deeply, get yourself a beer, you know, take it easy. Things are happening, really cool things are happening. I can absolutely promise you that it's just going to take a while. It might take another year or two or something like that. But Darby, again, I've been talking to Darby since probably November about him coming back on the show, and he keeps bringing it up to me, so I know it's going to happen. Also, so while we're talking about Darby, he is, from what I understand, he's planning on being out here on the West coast. So you can look forward to very likely having Darby as a special presenter at the North American Bigfoot Center when he's out here. We're kind of targeting July at this point. You know, we'll see what his schedule actually is because a lot of you know, everybody's got a schedule, and most of the time it's out of our control, right, but we're kind of talking maybe he'll be out there out here in July, which is a glorious time to be in the Pacific Northwest. Of course, so I look forward to show in Darby some of my locations that I've been working out there. He wants to see them, he wants to see some prints in the ground, et cetera. But yeah, as far as updates, the only stuff I know is what I'm involved in. And if Darby's not ready to talk about it, then I'm clearly not ready to talk about it either, but I will say it's cool. There's some really interesting stuff going on, and that's just what I personally am involved in.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: And I'm one of many many facets in the gym that is this bigfoot study right now. And also while I'm talking about this, I might as well clarify some more stuff. Darby is not a scientist. I think everybody needs to know that. He has a degree I think in library science. I guess that's a science, you know, you know. But at the same time, that's not his job description here. He's not doing the analyses. He is. His job description literally is interdisciplinary project coordinator. He gets this department to talk to that department that they usually don't talk back and forth between, right and say, hey, there's a thing. I think you have some skills that might benefit this thing I have, and you over here in this department you also have things that might be useful for this particular thing, this bigfoot thing, or what this unidentified sample. And he gets them to start talking back and forth, and he gets scientists, real scientists who have put very very niche skills to say, hey, that sounds interesting. I'd like to try my skill set at that, and that's what Darby is doing. He's not doing the analyses, he's not doing all that. He is getting people to talk to each other and organizing it all.
Speaker 6: He's like Nick Furry to the Avengers.
Speaker 2: I said, yeah, exact, there you go, there you go. And this isn't by the way, this also isn't the only project that he's doing. You know, the university isn't hiring just for this one thing. He has a fair number or at least a small number. I don't know how many projects of this size he can anybody can swallow, right, but he has a fair number of other projects that are not in any way related to this, to biology or you know, identifying samples or any He's got a lot on his plate. And this bigfoot thing, even though I mean I think it's by far the most interesting, I think he's very very interested in it as well. That's just one of several meals on his plates right now. So patience is what I would recommend everybody. I mean, who's going to be more excited about hearing than than like Bobo madd Andi, Right, and we're just hanging out waiting, So everybody else can hang out and wait too, even if even if he has samples of yours, And I know that several people out there listening have sent samples in because I've spoken to you about it. It relax, it's cool. Every sample will be addressed. Everybody will get an answer. It just may not be in your timeline, but that doesn't matter. Your timeline doesn't matter the scientific timeline, the slow, methodical, conservative scientific timeline.
Speaker 5: At least two more years. Who knows, Well, that's what Jarvis said. Yeah, I mean, befreaking like through definitives, gonna be like two three years.
Speaker 2: We'll see, we'll see, man, who knows? I mean, I know they were going to start testing some stuff in November. I remember, And I don't know. I don't know where or what or how or you know, if their hair or blood or fair. I don't know anything about any of that. But I know that there is some testing going on in November, so I'm sure they probably have a lease of preliminary results by now. But then what Then you have to look at the preliminary results and say, well, are these real or not? Are they true or what? What does it show us? Then you have to test that and you have to sample it and you have to get other people to get them. It's a slow it's an agonizingly slow project and process. So just everybody chill. It's cool. But when Darby is ready, he promised us he will come on here to talk about it with you our listeners.
Speaker 8: Stay tuned for more Bigfoot and Beyond with Cliff and Bobo. We'll be right back after these messages.
Speaker 5: Got Grace Cruise. Has there been any reports of animals bigfoot in the Caribbean or in Central America? I am a fan of the podcast from the Island of pr not the Caribbean, but in Central America of course. Yeah, Ecuador, I mean Nicaragua, Belize still has them, Guatemala, Mexico, Southern Mexico, Northern Mexico. Gotten about five reports from Costa Rica, but I'm not sure about those. I don't really heard anything out of Panama. Yeah, Making an Afraid. The guy from Making an Afraid talks about it. He had him outside his little sleeping hot at night, like repeatedly. He had repeated encounters with it, even talked about it on the show.
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah, there's a long history. And of course, if they're in South America, which apparently they are. They had to get there somehow, and it seems to me that Central America is probably the best way.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think one of the best collections of reports from Central America is still in Ivan Sanderson's book, because there's a very large section devoted to that, and there's a lot of really good information in there too, which is pretty funny considering that was nineteen sixty one and there hasn't been a whole lot to add to that since then, at least in print book form. But that's a resource I would point grace too.
Speaker 5: I've said this before on the show, but when I went down looking around there in Nicaragua, they all said that they had a lot of them up until the Contra Wars in the eighties, and that after that somebody got blown up by mines and artillery and rocket far whatever. Mostly they said land mines is what killed them all. Mostly they hadn't found God, this was food fifteen twenty, you know, this was twenty years ago. I was down there last time doing that. It had been fifteen years since they had any solid reports. In the meantime. The people I spoke to with the mountains, so I don't know, they're still there, and they might have came back in maybe since the war's went over for quite a while. But they still have animals blow up up like cows and horses and whatever once in a while a person even because there were so many land mines left out in the hilt during the war that killed a lot lot of wildlife.
Speaker 2: I've directly spoken to witnesses from southern Mexico like Chiappas and Alisco and Michoacan and stuff in saying that they've seen these things in the jungles. In fact, one of them, Bobo, you were there. The guy who ran the taco truck at wild Man Days out in Kentucky, he saw one of these things, and he told me the story in Spanish, and I caught most of it. You know. Basically, he and his friends saw this thing at a distance. He was seventeen years old. They ran after it, and he said they had no chance of catching up to it.
Speaker 5: Of course, he told us where the cave was, where it went into.
Speaker 2: I don't remember that part of it, but maybe I don't know. I don't remember that part of it.
Speaker 5: It was up going to the second biggest, the second biggest pyramid in Mexico whatever that was called. There's a trail, it's like four kilometers, he said. About halfway up, they went about four hundred six hundred meters off the trail, there was a cave that it ran into and disprited in that cave, so someone could some of the poken would possibly look for it.
Speaker 6: It's still hiding there to this day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, well they're they're down there there, down there for sure, you know, just nobody seems to really be paying much attention to it.
Speaker 5: I think at cheap of carbra stories, I guess. I think I think a lot of cheaper I think that stuff gets structured. I think everything gets ruptured with the cheap of cabra, like oh it's a whatever, so it's the cheap of cabare.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, and also duendees and stuff like that, you know that that kind of thing. And I don't know, I don't know. It seems there's there's a lot of mythology and folklore down there. Some of it's probably base in reality, but a lot of it just isn't, honestly, A lot of it's based in superstition and whatever else.
Speaker 5: So yeah, there's none other pr we can tell you that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in Puerto Rico, I think that that your poop out of luck unfortunately.
Speaker 6: All right, so here's the next question.
Speaker 2: Okay, this one comes from Irma Calderon. Would you and Bobo consider doing a one time TV special with all this new tech that is available. I'd consider it. I wouldn't jump on it, but i'd consider it if we had really good gear. Yeah, maybe it depends. It depends on what sort of assurances from the product company that they wouldn't lie in mislead and stuff. You know, So that's the thing, you know, I would consider it, and then I would think about it. And if there's good tech, sure, Again, I am of the unpopular opinion around here that tech isn't going to solve this thing. But at the same time, yeah, they're fun to use. I don't think this is a technology game anymore. I used to think that, but I don't think that anymore.
Speaker 5: So.
Speaker 2: But I would definitely consider it as long as I as long as the show I felt was respectful to the subject and did a good job conveying what really happened.
Speaker 5: A documentary not a TV special, so that just implies crap like an extended documentary like where we had like, you know, three months to use the gear. I mean, because they the way they'd want to do is is short and cheapest possible. To give us like one or two nights and say, oh, they tried this new equipment didn't work. It'd be like, no, we don't have at least ninety days to use it. Something like that. Like documentaries more style.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but then I mean hate to burst anybody's but but documentaries write out the storyline before they go film it, and they film you know, footage that fits the story for the most part, you know.
Speaker 5: So I don't know.
Speaker 2: TV is a weird thing, man, Like I know, most people get their their information about these subjects and probably a lot of other subjects just from television. But I don't think it's just such a reliable source. I just really don't. And that's after working on lots lots of TV shows. So I don't know if I've got a love hate relationship with the TV thing. Of course, you know, I think I think that comes through by listening to the podcast. But it would be a special I've said this many times. It would be a very special TV show to get me back on the screen now and of course, I know.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Somebody's out there and saying, yeah, have a clip. You're talking about this stuff on you know what is it that show that I do? What is it called Proof Is out There? So yeah, well, I'm doing the Bigfoot stuff on Proof Is out There. And they throw me these other things that I have no idea about, and I get to riff on them, and that's kind of fun.
Speaker 5: I enjoy that.
Speaker 2: But the Proof Is out There, folks, they're legit, man, Like, I don't know about birds being telepathic and reading your mind and all that kind of stuff or whatever else may be on that show. Because I've never seen an episode of the show, I know some of the stories they have me and I look at are pretty funny, pretty funny, and I've busted some hoaxes. I mean, there's puppets that are being trying to be passed off as various other animals and stuff, really funny stuff. And again I don't know what makes Sierra. I don't watch this stuff I'm in. But the producers on that show take the Bigfoot thing really seriously, and some of them have become much more interested in the subjects since I started, and I know doctor Meldrum's on there as well, his faces on camera there. They've come up with some interesting bigfoot stuff, some of which I have not seen before, that I thought was pretty interesting, and they've never once asked me to push the truth. And they're more ridiculous stories that I think nobody really believes or whatever. Because it's television. It's just for entertainment, right, they asked me to introduce it or whatever. But when I say, what do you think about this cliff, I say, well, I think it's nonsense. Of course I do, and I'm assuming that doesn't make the edit. But they let me say it, and they never push me to do anything to honest, and so I have I have great faith in the producers of that show as far as they're honesty goes. I don't I don't know how the how the edit comes out. Again, I don't watch any of this stuff. But at the same time, they've never steered me wrong. They've never pushed me to be dishonest. And when I say, they say, can you say this, and I go no, I can't say that, that's ridiculous. But I can say this, and then I could say something truthful about it.
Speaker 5: So again.
Speaker 2: But that's the only kind of show that I'm willing to work with, the kind that let me be me and tell my truth as I see it and don't force me in anything. And so if you see my mug on a TV that's that's what you're getting. But as far as a series or even a one off special or whatever that's solely focused around Bigfoot stuff, it would have to be a very special TV show or special or whatever to have me on it.
Speaker 5: Again.
Speaker 6: Yeah, people would also have to realize, like, when you do that proof is out there, that's half a day of your time, and there's no travel involved. It's not like you've got to clear your schedule for weeks and take multiple flights and haul out a bunch of gear year and you know, up end your entire life versus going and sitting down somewhere for half a day. You know, that's a huge difference of commitment.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, I mean I drive to Gresham. I show up at like nine point thirty or something like that. The crew is already there and they're set up. We record until I'm done. I usually get out of there by like three or four or something, and then I'm back home. You know, and I cast her check, which is nice. You know, it's not a ton of money, but it's a little I'll take it. It's great.
Speaker 5: I love it.
Speaker 2: It's a great gig, and I like the people involved. And like I said, they never pushed me towards dishonesty. They'd let me say what I want to say, and they give me I give my honest opinion, and what they do with it after that, it's none of my business.
Speaker 5: Really. I did one episode of two of those shows, and I got didn't get out of They said specifically, we don't want you back.
Speaker 6: I heard that phone call because you were in the car with me when your manager called to break the news, so I heard it. You were not very happy.
Speaker 5: I was. I was just like, I think that was what was going to happen. Those guys were trying to make me say same things. I didn't believe.
Speaker 2: Well, I just get that out of the way, right. Would I get an email from a production company asking trying to enlist me for whatever thing they have, that's the first thing I write back. But like IM just like like man, just so you know I do this. I take it very seriously. And you know, if you want me to toe the party line and say what the team wants me to say. I'm not going to do it for you. But if you want someone who has a lot of experience in the subject with a real opinion, and you're interested in what that real opinion is, yeah, I'm happy to work with you. We can talk further. Email me back if you choose, and I'll tell you probably less than half the time I get emails back, and that tells you something, right there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, all right, I guess we can retown with that one.
Speaker 2: I think so we'll we hop to the next one.
Speaker 5: All right, let's there we go for our final one. It comes from Frank Pavlico message way back in grammar school in the late nineteen seventies. I remember having a pair of Buster brown bigfoot shoes. Well I don't remember those. Seeing pictures of on Google brings back fund memories because if you got the bottom of the shoe wet, they can be the big foot footprint. Oh I do remember that, which many of us thought was so cool. Did you ever own a pair of Buster brown bigfoot shoes or ever see them as a vintage item at the big Foot conference? I hoping they were at least a part of the acquired dress code of the Pigeons. I remember, I remember the footprint. I never had a pair, and I've never seen a pair at a conference.
Speaker 2: I remember the logo, but I never had a pair. Yeah, but I definitely remember the Buster Brown logo. I hadn't even heard of that company in a long time. That's that's a blast from the past. Well he smokes, but no, no, I never had anything like that. I guess I wasn't as cool as I am.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 6: Was there a preferred footwear for the Pigeons?
Speaker 5: Bobes Parazzi's what are those? You know, Mexican salesmanbe with car tires and leather?
Speaker 6: Oh gotcha? Yeah, I figured there were some kind of flip flops.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, that was the official footwear.
Speaker 6: Somebody was telling me a story the other day. Gosh, I wish I could remember who it was, because it was a mutual friend of ours. It's probably at squatch Fest because there were so many friends there. But they were like, yeah, I remember the first time I would in the wood with Bobo. That guy was wearing shorts and a tank top and flip flops in like the gnarliest back country in northern California.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I thought I wore for years and I were I just saw didn't start wearing shirt shoes until find a Bigfoot.
Speaker 6: Thank you for your sacrifice.
Speaker 2: Remember how you went in for getting fit one day and you found out you've been wearing the wrong size shoes for years and that's why your feet hurt all the time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I found out I was a fourteen. I did ever tried them on. I just it was like, I'm a thirteen. I was a thirteen for hour, So I just kept saying thirteen, and I was shoes. Why people wear shoes? They suck, they hurt, And I was like forty years old that tried on a pair of fourteen's were like, oh whoa, this is crazy. This is why people wear shoes. It's a game changer. Yeah.
Speaker 2: You could walk across almost anything in these things.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's pretty amazing. They were those boots. You said they were boots, right.
Speaker 6: Buster brown Bigfoot shoes. So I hadn't heard of this before my time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is a deep cut in like late sixties early seventies thing.
Speaker 5: I think. Yeah, those would have been too dorky for me, even if they weren't big related.
Speaker 6: That's what I was waiting for. I thought when I asked you what the pigs were. But we're too cool for that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we wouldn't wear something like that, No way.
Speaker 2: I can't climb a tree in those shoes.
Speaker 5: You get dog piled wearing something like that on the playground.
Speaker 6: But now you know, if you see tracks like that, you'll be like, that's Frank Pavlica.
Speaker 2: Yeah, got our eye on you, Frank. I'd love to get a pair of those for the museum, though I won't wear them because I don't want to get beat up by Bobo.
Speaker 5: So no, I've told him nowadays.
Speaker 6: I think Bobo has plenty of reasons to dog pile both of us. Yeah, straight, the shoes would be the least of our worries.
Speaker 2: That's why we do the podcast remotely. Yeah, well you know, before we go speaking of dogs in general, Bobo. Yesterday was Sochi's birthday, eleven years since Tyler found her in the woods. She was three, No, she was probably one. Maybe that was her rebirthday, yeah, yeah, her after birthday.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a whole new life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Tyler found her tied to a tree yesterday, eleven years ago in northern California while looking for Matt Moneymakers so we could film him doing the solo camping trip on that Bobo's Backyard episode of Finding Bigfoot and.
Speaker 5: Wendacer was at least a two and a half hour drive away in the whole separate part of the town.
Speaker 2: He wasn't like a hot tub or something, if I remember right, somewhere else. Didn't tell him, But luckily he wasn't there, because otherwise I wouldn't be blessed with Soshi.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she's old.
Speaker 2: But good her back legs or she's a little wobbly in her back legs nowadays and stuff. And then she's of course all gray in the face, but so is her dad, so it doesn't matter. But she's she's laying around here somewhere. She's the I wish they could just be old dogs longer. You know, old dogs are the best.
Speaker 5: Ye cool.
Speaker 2: Oh, she's such a blessing in so many ways. So yeah, yeah, so she's around here somewhere. We got her, of course, we showered her with gifts and she has no idea what's going on, but we sure enjoyed it. Got her little toy puzzle sort of thing that we hide food inside and she takes it because she's a smart dog. She likes stuff like that. Got our new blanket and she immediately fell asleep on it, which is awesome. And of course various ummy treats and that sort of stuff.
Speaker 5: I guess that's we're done.
Speaker 2: We're done. We're done with this episode. But now we go answer our members questions, and of course there's fewer members and our regular listeners, so we answer every single question that the members submit. Maybe you want to be a member, in which case you know, I strongly encourage it. Of course, go to that link that Matt Poot will put in the show notes.
Speaker 5: All right, folks, well that's it another episode of Bigfoot and Beyond. Clift and Bubba and a little bit of Matt. Thanks a lot for joining us, and we'll see you guys at pitch on our fellow pigeons over there. So until next week, you all keep it squatchy.
Speaker 8: Thanks for listening to this week's episode of Bigfoot and Beyond. If you liked what you heard, please rate and review us on iTunes, subscribe to Bigfoot and Beyond wherever you get your podcasts, and.
Speaker 2: Follow us on face.
Speaker 8: We spoke on Instagram at Bigfoot and Beyond podcast. You can find us on Twitter at Bigfoot and Beyond that's an N in the middle, and tweet us your thoughts and questions with the hashtag Bigfoot and Beyond