Speaker 1: Ladies, gentlemen, theyse and them's. It is day four of the third annual Halloween Week here at Wicked and Grim. So far you have been graced with the story of the paranormal with a strange and unexpected haunted object. You have been mesmerized with the tale of a prolific UFO sighting that seems to almost confirm the age old question of are we alone in this universe? And last episode, to top things off, there was the true crime tale of the Lady in the Lake.
Speaker 2: What a way to begin.
Speaker 1: The Halloween season. If only there was something that could be done to make things even better. How about a game? Yes, let's play a game. Today your host will present you with three urban legends, tales from history around the world, and it is your job to figure out which ones are based on truth and which ones are simply just a story. As it is the third annual Halloween Week, so it is the third annual episode of three Urban Legends. And now to deliver this episode, I give you you're ever wonderful hosts of Wiki and Grim, Ben and Nicole.
Speaker 3: This is my favorite Halloween Week episode. Three Urban Legends definitely calls for a bevy.
Speaker 2: It certainly does. Cheers, cheers.
Speaker 3: I love fun One. I think it's a fan favorite, to be honest.
Speaker 2: It is. Everyone's always hyped about the urban legends. But I'm gonna be honest right now, I don't know how many more years I can keep up the urban legends.
Speaker 3: Oh you were saying that that's so sad.
Speaker 2: I'm going to keep going as long as I possibly can. However, researching urban legends is not easy because they're they're exactly that urban legends, So ninety five to ninety nine percent of them are like, oh, there's a story that's hundreds of years old of a ghost, or there's stories hundreds of years old of a haunted place, or stories that's thousands of years old of creature. You're out in the bush and there's no evidence on anything. So it's like trying to find stories that sound plausible and are not real and stories that are actually real with evidence is not a very easy feat.
Speaker 3: But I believe in you. I think you can do it.
Speaker 2: Maybe I should just do like, is Santa Claus real? And that'll be one technically, yes, that would be real, because I mean Saint Nick, right, Santa Claus is real? You heard it? Here first. So that's four Urban Legends we're covering today because that's our fourth There.
Speaker 3: You go, Okay, I am pumped.
Speaker 2: You're pumped.
Speaker 3: I don't have a notebook. I need to take notes.
Speaker 2: It might not be a bad idea, really really, oh shit, I was kind of kidding. No, it's always good to take notes in the Urban Legends. And if you guys haven't listened to the Urban Legends episode before, it is much different than any episode we ever do any other time of the year. There's a lot more bantering back and forth because we are trying well, I know the answers. Nicole's going to be trying to work it out. I'm going to try and like help guide her a little bit without giving anything away. So this is not so much a whole lot of storytelling. I mean a little bit, because I have three stories to tell, but not a whole lot of like super dive diving deep into stuff. It's just seeing if we can get Nicole and you guys to figure it out.
Speaker 3: Last year, I nailed it. I'm pretty sure, did you. I meant to look back, but I'm pretty dang sure I did. I don't think I don't think I did. The previous year though.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, I am switching it up just a little bit from previous years. I think the first year it was like two truths and a false, and then it was like too false and a truth. This time, I'm not telling you how many true or how many false. You have to guess which ones are true and which ones are false.
Speaker 3: That's bullshit.
Speaker 2: I will tell you there are both true and false urban legends within this.
Speaker 3: Okay, so they're all like all false or.
Speaker 2: Like there's at least one of each that is blooney.
Speaker 3: I am not impressed with that new uh.
Speaker 2: You got you got to twisted a little bit, although to be fair, I did fail to be fair. I did contemplate the idea of not saying anything like that, just being like, oh, yeah, like you have to figure out what's what, and then yeah, just being like all of them are false and none.
Speaker 3: Of there's I could see doing something like that for me.
Speaker 2: I thought of it, but i'd be too mean to mean next year, right, maybe maybe next year, because like I said, it's really difficult to find urban legend cases with any weight behind them whatsoever.
Speaker 3: Hmm, yeah, okay, so just you're just making it a bit more difficult, so for me as well. Well, yeah, it's difficult for you so much to make it difficult for everyone else.
Speaker 2: It's supposed to be a game.
Speaker 3: You heard jack ob it's fun. No, Jacko did awesome there?
Speaker 2: Okay, well are you ready to dive into it? Yes? I was taking off Okay, sorry, and then I was coughing.
Speaker 3: We got our shit together over here big time?
Speaker 2: Oh clearly. I actually I kind of do because I have a bowl candy next to me.
Speaker 3: Can't be eating while you're doing this, Ben, But.
Speaker 2: There's Reese's Pieces. There's a bowl of Halloween candy.
Speaker 3: Also pick up New Halloween County because that Halloween County kind of sucks.
Speaker 2: It kind of is because we ate all the good stuff.
Speaker 3: You ate all the good stuff.
Speaker 2: We okay, I am part of we.
Speaker 3: You're not eating Halloween candy on the podcast Let's go here?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I am most definitely eating Halloween candy.
Speaker 3: Unbelievable. Oh now, rip please, you're like I have one?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, we're going to get into this. So the very first urban legend that we have is I don't want to say the title of it because it's going to give away like the story of it. So I'll tell the title at the end of the story.
Speaker 3: Sounds good.
Speaker 2: Okay. So the first urban legend in this one, we head to a Wendy's restaurant somewhere in the United States of America.
Speaker 3: Oh, I like Wendy's in the early two thousands, okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 2: So a woman and her husband decide, you know what, they're gonna go grab bite to eat. I don't know if it was for dinner, for lunch, whatever, but they go and decide that they're gonna sit down order something, and the woman decides that she's gonna get a nice hot bowl of chili, which, love me a good bowl of chili, So amen to that.
Speaker 3: Have you ever had the Wendy's chili?
Speaker 2: Though I have not at Wendy's, I can't say, Hey, I haven't. I don't think i'd ever eat like a fast food Chili's. Probably no, I don't think I have, because I'm like, I'm a bit of a chili snob.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: There's good chili and there's bad chili, and I want to stick with good chili.
Speaker 3: I definitely have because I used to work at Timmy's, so i'd have chili.
Speaker 2: Tuo che lunch. For any non Canadians, Timmys is Tim Horton's. Oh yeah, you can tell where we live. Anyways, So they're sitting here at the restaurant. They're eating their meal. The woman's eating a bowl of chili, and as she's eating, she takes a big bite full and she bites down onto something art and chewy. Oh gosh, okay, so she spit it out to get a look at which she had just attempted to eat, and to her utter shock, she just spat out a severed human finger from the chili. Holy shit. The finger was partially cooked and clearly been sitting in the chili pot for a while. Oh wow, I scooped out and served to her.
Speaker 3: That is really, really, really disgusting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so this is the Wendy's finger in chili is the first one, that's the first legend.
Speaker 3: Can I just say a side note, I'm pretty sure this has legitly happened. But at McDonald's they had like those those like turnover things or whatever.
Speaker 2: Those like apple turnovers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and wasn't there a mouse baked into one of those one time?
Speaker 2: I don't know, maybe pretty.
Speaker 3: Sure that happened unless that was just one of my nightmares. Who knows, it could have been that too.
Speaker 2: There was I almost did this one, but I don't know. Maybe I should not talk about it because it could happen next year. Now I'll talk about it now, fuck.
Speaker 3: It, No, you need to save it.
Speaker 2: No, it's all good.
Speaker 3: So I saw all your fault. Next year, if you can't do it, then well.
Speaker 2: What if I just forget and I do it anyways? Okay, I'm not gonna talk about it. Maybe it'll happen next year. I won't say it.
Speaker 3: Okay, I have my I think I know what I'm going to say for this one. But okay, we'll save them. Tell the end.
Speaker 2: You're going to save to the end. Yeah, okay, okay, okay. So the next urban legend we got is this one I can I can tell you because it's not like a super giveaway by any means. It talks about it right away. This is a legend of the Green Children of Woolpits. Okay. So this one actually dates back to the twelfth century England in the village of Woolpit in Suffolk.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: So, according to this story, one day the villagers of Woolpit were out and about and someone discovered two children on the edge of the nearby forest. The children, a brother and sister, had a strong green tinge to their skin, and they or very strange, kind of foreign looking clothing. They spoke a language that was completely unfamiliar to the villagers, and the children refused to heat anything except for raw broadbeans. Oh okay. The children appeared to be quite disoriented and frightened, and over time they adapted to the new surroundings, being able to eat regular food, and the strong green tinge to their skin gradually faded. However, the boy unfortunately fell ill and died shortly after the discovery, so it was more of the girl that had survived going on. Eventually, though, the girl did learn to speak English, and she explained that they come from They came from a place called Saint Martin's Land, where she exclaimed the sun never shone and everything was green there, and according to her account, they were hurting their father's cattle when they suddenly heard a loud noise and found themselves in the area of Woolpit.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, and sorry, I mnd have even miss this. I am paying attention here, but did you say how far the distance between these were.
Speaker 2: Or not yet between what?
Speaker 3: Sorry, between where they ended up and where they should be.
Speaker 2: They don't know where Saint Martin's Land is. Oh, okay, that's where the kids claim they were from. From Saint Martin's Okay, they don't know what that is. So the girl ended up, like I said, the green kind of faded from her skin. She kind of learned English and kind of integrated into the the town. Yeah, she was baptized. She was eventually named Agnes, and she would marry a man from kings Lynn, nearby town, and lived a relative, relatively normal life after that.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: Interesting, So that is the urban legend of the Green Children of Woolpit.
Speaker 3: And what was the title of the Wendy's one?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I just just finger in Chili. I can't kind of name these.
Speaker 3: I guess, Okay, Okay, the titles.
Speaker 2: Aren't a specific title, like you look it up, you'll find several different titles, right, you know that's fair, okay, kind of just my own titles.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: I definitely have a thought for that one too, Okay.
Speaker 2: And you're not going to tell us our thoughts, your thoughts till the end here.
Speaker 3: No, we could no, because I want to hear all of them and then like give my final opinion, because what happens if I also think this one is the same as what I think the other ones and I'm fucked and I got to change one of them. Does that make sense?
Speaker 2: Okay? Okay? Well this last one again, I'm not going to give the title because it kind of gives away the story itself. But in this urban legend, it's one of a man who worked in a downtown high rise building. He had a very good sense of humor about him, and he liked to prank some of the new people in the office building. And what he would do would be he pranked them by running at top speed and throwing his body at the glass of one of the top floors in the building.
Speaker 3: What do you mean?
Speaker 2: So he's inside the building right, so like a tall with the glass and looking outside. Run he would run and just jump at the glass and.
Speaker 3: Like botty check that is that is something?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's sorry. Little did the spectators know watching him run at the glass and jump into it like that that The building was fitted with like a really strong glass and the man did this on a regular basis as a gag to new people in the building, knowing that, like, you know, the glass is really strong, He's not going to go anywhere. He's fine, right, So what he would do is he'd run at the glass, hit it hard, bounce off, and was completely fine, while the onlookers in the office had clearly a shock of a lifetime.
Speaker 3: Uh huh.
Speaker 2: Well, one day the man was performing the stunt when he ran at the glasses always and hit it. However, today he didn't bounce off, the glass shattered, instead sending him falling twenty four stories to the payment in the streets below, killing him.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, I mean, honestly, that's not surprising to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but okay, and that is your third urban legend.
Speaker 3: Because I mean that super sucks and there could be like a lawsuit for that. But like, also, what the fuck was he doing with his life choices?
Speaker 2: Holy shit?
Speaker 3: I mean, like I'm really sorry, but like that, like, don't do that. That's that's I don't know.
Speaker 2: Well, some people out there who listen, I've talked about this in the show before are where I had a career in occupational health and safety. You don't do that shit. That is dangerous. That is blatant disregard for your own But yeah, you.
Speaker 3: Could almost be charged like with what's the word? Like it's kind of you, neigen, because like who the fuck does that? Okay, I I think this is gonna be easy for me. I have like easy. I'm almost overly confident, so I'm probably gonna get my ass handed to me. But yeah, I have thoughts.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, let's start with the first one, the finger in the chili one. What are you thinking on that? Break it down for us?
Speaker 3: I think that one is false. I think it's false, A big false.
Speaker 2: A big false. Why do you think it's a big I.
Speaker 3: Like Wendy's And I feel like I would have heard about that happening before, Okay, I mean and yeah, I mean I think there also would have been more information too if it was true, because that's kind of a big deal, and I think we would just know more shit about it.
Speaker 2: I'm just I'm tracking here which one you say false and true? Force I'm typing just.
Speaker 3: I was like, what are you writing down?
Speaker 2: Just so this way when you go back and like I said that was true or fault, I've got it written on what you said you can't back out of the shit.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, I'm going to go with false for that one.
Speaker 2: For show, Nicole says false on the finger in the Chili one.
Speaker 3: I mean, I honestly really hope that's false because that would be so disturbing if it was true. Yeah, I don't think I would actually ever eat at Wendy's again, which is so shitty.
Speaker 2: Reasonable, that's a reasonable response.
Speaker 3: I like Wendy's.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, what do you think about the children of Woolpit the green children.
Speaker 3: Of rob I'm also thinking that one is false false, Okay, yeah, because I mean it kind of makes sense that their skin could turn a different color from just like what they were eating, or if they were not getting some sort of nutrients right that they need it.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: But I haven't ever heard of green, but that could just be me. Also, I thought it was interesting that this place never saw the sun, but everything was green there. But I don't know, maybe that's just me being fucked. Things can be green without the sun. Probably.
Speaker 2: No. I like your train of thought here. You're you're really working on it. You're actually trying to think of it in a realistic sense, which is kind of what you generally have to do with urban legends.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so that one. And then also I just I don't know. It just seems really far fetched to me because how far did they wander off? And I don't know, so I'm saying I'm saying false.
Speaker 2: Okay. And the final one, the man who broke through the glass of the building and fell to his death.
Speaker 3: True, you say true, I have to say true for one of them.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's right, because you said false.
Speaker 3: And that one seems the most believable to me.
Speaker 2: It seems the most believable.
Speaker 3: Hey, yeah, because I don't have very much faith in humanity and so like I can just actually see that potentially happening and yeah, okay, well, and I'm sorry to say if it did happen like that, super socks and I'm so sorry that person died, but also like, don't do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fair enough. Okay, So which one do you want to hear about first? Which one should we go over?
Speaker 3: Let's just do it in order order, or you pick, you pick just in case you.
Speaker 2: Okay, No, we'll go in order. That's fine. So we're starting up with the finger in the chili.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: So Nicole says, this one is false. And I'll give you, guys, just a moment to lock in your answer and what you think. Okay, I'll give you like a three two one counter lock it in, ready, three two one, Okay, your final thoughts on it. The finger in the chili is true? Oh shit, it's a true story.
Speaker 3: Seriously.
Speaker 2: Is a twist to it though. So. In two thousand and five, a woman by the name of Anna I think it's Ayala and Ayala, She made headlines after claiming to have found a partially cooked segment of human finger within the Santo's a restaurant.
Speaker 3: Okay, so it probably actually wasn't a dead person. It was someone that chopped it off maybe in there.
Speaker 2: Okay, No, it was a significant finger. Oh it's not a little tiny piece. It was like a digit, at least a knuckle. I'm sure it was a large piece of a finger, like someone's decapitated finger to capitated removed finger. So the incident dealt a heavy blow to the fast food chain, resulting from an sestimated of twenty one million dollars in business loss. And that's US dollars. So in response million or billion? Sorry million?
Speaker 3: Holy shit? Okay.
Speaker 2: In a response to this, Joseph Desmond, the local Wendy's franchise holder, how the press conference in San Jose and April April twenty second of two thousand and five, urging customers to return, emphasizing the quality of their food and offering as a goodwill gesture free Frosty treats for the Bay Area customers that weekend.
Speaker 3: Frosty is like ninety nine cents.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I'm still They actually extended that to a nationwide offer. I guess anyone could just go to a Wendy's in the States at this time and just get a free Frosty. I guess. Okay, So the investigation over this revealed that the finger belonged to an individual named Brian Paul Rustier, a coworker of Anna's husband. So what had happened was this man, Brian, had lost his finger in a workplace accident on December of two thousand and four and sold it to Anna's husband, apparently to settle a debt, and the information was actually disclosed to the police through an anonymous call on the Wendy's hotline, and later traced the finger back to Brian himself. So basically, she put the finger in the chili herself to try and get a lawsuit out of Wendy's. You're fucking me dead, serious, serious, dead fucking serious.
Speaker 3: Holy shit, that's bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So, on September ninth, two thousand and five, in San Jose, both Anna and her husband Jamie pleaded guilty to conspiring to file a false claim and attempting grand theft. She faced felony charges of attempted grand larceny due to the substantial financial losses suffered by Wendy's.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, does she don't have to pay that back to them? That's brutal.
Speaker 2: She did not.
Speaker 3: She would not have that money though, Nope.
Speaker 2: So she ended up pleading guilty on September of two thousand and five and was sentenced to nine years in prison. On January eighteenth of two thousand and six, she was released after serving four years due to good behavior, but with strict conditions. She was banned for life from all Wendy's locations.
Speaker 3: How would they even know?
Speaker 2: I know? Right?
Speaker 3: So she would drive throughs and stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah. In contrast, her husband, who had supplied the finger, received a sentence of twelve years and four months in prison. Oh longer, I'm not too sure if he was released sooner or not yet though. So after being released, Anna kind of broke her silence in a news interview with CBS five, and she publicly apologized to the fast food chain for making the whole shocking relevation of a revelation. There we go have a finger in her chili. She actually even admitted to cooking it a bit her self, to making it seem like it was in the chili for longer than it was. Yeah wow, yeah. So she had confessed that she had actually prepared the ring finger at her Las Vegas home and then transported it to San Jose where she dropped it in the chili's at Wendy's. And in that interview she also stated, quote, I learned my lesson and I just want to move on with life.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 2: So the finger in the fast food chain Wendy's chili is very much so true. Not due to Wendy's itself, It was planted by a customer.
Speaker 3: I'm like, shook. This one has me absolutely mortified, Like I am actually, yeah, that is that's unreal, unreal. I wouldn't I didn't even think that.
Speaker 2: You look like you look just shocked. You see a.
Speaker 3: Ghost pretty well, because I wouldn't have even thought that they would have placed that in than the chili themselves. That's that's shocking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, So I'm gonna give you one.
Speaker 3: I feel like now I'm just fucked and the whole thing I'm all wrong now.
Speaker 2: But I'm gonna give you one chance to change answers if you'd like. So you said false to the Green Children of Woolpit, and you said true to breaking through the glass to fall to his death.
Speaker 3: I know I almost want to change that to false the man one, but then I could be literally zero, and then I'd be so angry. So I'll be less angry. I'm just gonna lock them in.
Speaker 2: You're locking it in. Yeah, okay, yeah, okay, Well, the Green Children of Wolpit. Let's move on to that one. So this is I'll give you guys a countdown so you can lock in your answer too, ready, three two one, The Green Children of Wolpit is false.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 2: So the story of Green Children of Wolpit has been passed down through generation and has basically become a famous folklore tale. While it is considered a legend, historians and scholars have debated its origins, and possible explanations. Some theory suggests that the children might have been Flemish immigrants, refugees, or lost survivors of nearby famine, either speculate supernatural or extraterrestrial origins. Although these stories lack any credible evidence, the true origins of the Green Children a Woolpit remain a serious mystery because there is no foundation of truth regarding the tale at all. There is no evidence, no nothing. It's simply just a tale passed down. It is a folklore. It is an urban legend.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, okay. I at least got one, so I'm feeling good. You're feeling good, feeling good?
Speaker 2: One for two yeah, so far, so that is like fifty percent, which is really not so you're either gonna get thirty three percent or sixty six percent. What did I say that one was true?
Speaker 3: If that one is also true and the Wendy's one was true, we have a serious.
Speaker 2: Problem questioning humanity.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I will be able to not like I will just that will just put me one step closer living in the woods. All but well, I guess you can come to the two of us, thank you, in the woods, away from everybody.
Speaker 2: With our black cat too, wolf dogs and chickens.
Speaker 3: Chickens.
Speaker 2: I do kind of just want to talk a little bit on the green children of wolf.
Speaker 3: That's my new thing. A gonna have honey.
Speaker 2: Apparently Nicole wants to have bees. We already have honey, she's laying over there. But I did want to talk about these green children a wolfpit a little bit. I don't have any other information on it, because I mean there's there isn't any, but I want to kind of just theorize a little moment on how their skin could be potentially green. Okay, So I kind of had an idea certain people have certain shades to their skin, even amongst you know, white colored whoever. Right, there's different shades within each.
Speaker 3: Race, like pigments, yes.
Speaker 2: Exactly, So there's different pigmentations within each and like I know me, like on Caucasian, but I do have kind of an olive tinge to my skin, okay, pink, yeah, yeah, So it is kind of like a family trait of mine on my mom's side that kind of olive a little bit of color to my skin. If you look, you can kind of see it in there, Okay. And I'm sure there is a possibility that these maybe Flemish immigrants, you know, got lost, maybe immigrating or something like that, had weird, weird clothes their kids. They don't really know where they came from or anything like that, right, and they just kind of have a little bit of a different color to their skin. And of course, back in those days, every little thing was blown out of proportion. Oh no, she didn't go to church, she's a witch, like you know what I mean. Yeah, so it's like, oh, okay, these kids have a little bit of green to their skin, Oh my god, what are they?
Speaker 3: Because they also didn't speak the same language too, So then that exactly adding to the miscommunication of everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so there is no documentation saying that this is true. I think if it is true, it is blown out of proportion crazily. And these kids probably weren't even green. Who knows, Maybe they just like face planet in the grass and had a bit grass thing on their forehead or something like, you.
Speaker 3: Know, yeah, they're a bit dirty or something from Yeah.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, so green children to Woolpit, I'm as far as history knows, is false. But there's a very good chance that just some children speaking a different language and slightly different colored skin showed up somewhere. That started it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then they weren't used to what they were eating, so that's why they only wanted to eat one thing.
Speaker 2: And so the story of the Green Children, though completely false, but maybe rooted in some facts somewhere we just don't know. Okay, now onto the man breaking the glass in the high rise building. Nicoles says, it is true. And I'm going to give you guys a little bit of a countdown here too, so you can go ahead and lock in your answer. You ready, I'm gonna eat a piece of candy. Weill, I'm doing this?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 2: Three? Wait?
Speaker 3: What why? During the podcast which Halloween week and Halloween candy?
Speaker 2: All good? Ready?
Speaker 1: Yep?
Speaker 2: Three? Two one, lock in your answer, Nicole says, true, and the man breaking through the glass and the high rise building falling to his death is true. Oh okay, yeah, Nicole was watching my lips, so I lipped like an.
Speaker 3: F before I get Yeah.
Speaker 2: She was like on the edge of her seat. This story is very much so a true story.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: So. A man by the name of Gary Hoy was a Canadian lawyer and became widely known after a very tragic incident unfolded in eighteen ninety three. At the time, he was an experienced attorney working at the law firm of Holden Day Wilson in Toronto. On July ninth of nineteen ninety three, during a gathering of summer students at the firm, Gary attempted to showcase the strength of the glass in the windows in the Toronto Dominion Center. And that's where the firm was located. Right, They're in this high rise building and it's on the twenty fourth floor. So this stunt he had performed before, nothing new. He's done this before to get a rise out of people, get a laugh, get a reaction, throw himself against the window, and demonstrate its durability. During this particular event, he ran towards the window on the twenty fourth floor of the Toronto Dominion Center and hurled himself against the glass. However, to have one's shock, the glass gave way and he plummeted twenty four floors to the concrete below to his death.
Speaker 3: Oh man, that is so brutal, It.
Speaker 2: Very much so. Is so. This story, of course, is a cautionary tale. Like we can learn a lot from this.
Speaker 3: Like how hard is he running clearly significantly intensely.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I mean this glass it's not made to do this. No, you don't push limits, and that's that's what happened. Like this is really underscoring the importance of workplace safety and responsible conduct in all honesty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I just want to say really side really quickly here though, Like it's it's kind of too bad because he was kind of seems like he's a jokester and he just wanted like people to be happy and lack have fun. Yeah, have fun at work or whatever. And then oh and then that happens brutal.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I really feel bad for Gary because, like you say, he's just trying to have fun, but unfortunately he had faith in the wrong place in glass that is not meant to support being shoulder checked over and over again.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, like it wasn't the smartest. Did you have a family and stuff?
Speaker 2: I'm not too sure. Okay, No, No, I didn't, like I said, didn't do deep dives like into these. I just found out the quick facts on true or false sort of situation. But I did find that this actually prompted an increased awareness regarding structural integrity of glass windows and high rise buildings, which sparked like a whole discussion on safety protocols and office and public spaces and so on and so forth, which is good they do. I mean, it's terrible to say that within safety, all these rules and regulations are written in blood, because it takes someone getting hurt or killed to come up with a new way to keep us safe.
Speaker 3: I know. But could you imagine that you're going through your new employee, you're going through a tour, and they're just like, oh, yeah, one of the rules is don't like run up to the window and.
Speaker 2: Like body check it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, don't you just you be so confused by them. Yep, Oh my gosh, that's bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you did get two or a three? Correct?
Speaker 3: I did?
Speaker 2: You got sixty six percent? Good job?
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel pretty good about that.
Speaker 2: I'm curious on how you guys did out there. We're going to put up a post on our Instagram and Facebook. We want to hear what you guys said, what you thought, if you got any wrong, if you've got them all right, let us know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean if you've heard of them, because some people have heard of these things, oh definitely right.
Speaker 2: Well, one of those is actually a true crime case. The finger in the CHILIESE it's you know, or in the chili not the CHILIESE chili, Wendy's chili.
Speaker 3: That one, to me is just disgusting. Yeah, that's not I mean, I guess if you get desperate enough, people come up with interesting ideas.
Speaker 2: Sometimes that's very much so true.
Speaker 3: How much did they have to buy that finger for? Oh you said it was like he was owed a favor or something.
Speaker 2: Gosh, yeah, he bought it for some sort of debt or something. That's all I could really find.
Speaker 3: So that's even bizarre.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that one kind of got me. How he his buddy finger chopped off at a work accident or something like that, in industrial accident, and then he's like, oh guess i'll buy it off you to settle a debt. What like, how the fuck does that come about?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, remember you owe me you have to buy my severed finger. Oh shit, you're right, here's fifty bucks. A year later, I'm going to put in Wendy's chili, Like all right.
Speaker 3: Like how I would it even look?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean I feel like it'd almost been well, not necessarily, because who knows how long that chili would have been like sitting somewhere potentially and ugh, okay, we got to stop talking about that.
Speaker 2: Well, if it makes you feel any better, they did do analysts on the finger as well, and they did determine that it was not cooked with the chili because it wasn't cooked at the right temperatures and stuff. I don't know if that helps you settle your stomach.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well we already know that.
Speaker 2: Oh I know, but I'm just saying there was an extra step of actually analyzing the finger.
Speaker 3: They really took it seriously.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they're like, oh, yeah, this finger was cooked differently than the chili because it would have been cooked with much more because of this temperature and boiling and like simmering.
Speaker 3: Are you doing that on purpose right now?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Okay, because I actually feel unwell about this for.
Speaker 2: Until you're grabbing onto your mic stand.
Speaker 3: I don't know why, but it's just getting to me. It's getting to.
Speaker 2: Me a little good. That's what Halloween week is all about. Okay, Okay, Well, cheers. Hopefully you guys enjoyed those ones. Hopefully next year I can find three more urban legends to keep this going. I'm not making any promises, but I well, I'll make one promise. I promise I'll do my best. Okay, Okay, that's all I can promise. Yeah, but you guys, thank you so much for being here. Hopefully enjoyed the third annual Urban Legends the three Urban Legends sort of thing. Hopefully you got them all right. It's a fun one, it is. If you want to check out some more stuff from us, we got our Instagram, we got our Facebook, all that good stuff to blow in the description. You can also check out our podcast Fearful. That is Jacko's podcast came up with new episodes just the other day, So go ahead and check that out too. Give us a rating, and we'll see you. We got more episodes coming out for Halloween week.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll see you tomorrow.
Speaker 2: We will, And until then, stay wicked.