Speaker 1: It's night time with Dan Ray. I'm telling Easy Boston's radio.
Speaker 2: All right, welcome back everyone, and again I want to give that number, that long COVID number, one more time.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: It doesn't hurt folks to give them a call and see what services might be available or what you know, what might help you, Uh six one seven five two five three six six five one of the things. And I'm gonna say this and not reference uh any criticism, but sometimes when you get in a situation where you're really debilitated by this horrible, horrible, but it's much better to say, Okay, I've told my story, but I want to listen because maybe, maybe, just maybe there's someone who can provide some help. And Julie Sullivan is great, I think. And she sent me more material today than anyone. She pull pulled stuff together for me. She was a great guest. Uh, answered the questions extraordinarily empathetic. If you've missed the program, you may want to just go to Nightside and demand tomorrow and listen to the nine o'clock hour. She's the program manager. She's been there a long time at the COVID Recovery Center in Brigham and Women's Hospital. The phone number six one seven five two five three six six five. Rob has written that number down. I had people yesterday who called me looking for numbers. I had asked that Rob write a number down. I'm sure he did, and I've got to now get back tomorrow and answer emails to people who you know I want to help. One of the things I want to do in this program, obviously is entertain and inform and all of that, and have good conversations. But I also occasionally, or maybe even a little more than occasionally, do something that might help. We talked about mass energy bills. By the way, I got on the phone this morning and I changed my energy supplier. Easy, easy to do, and I went from paying about twenty five cents a killowatt hour down to about twelve and a half cents, basically cut it in half. Now, that don't necessarily cut my bill in half, but it will. It will save me some money. And I'm in a nine month contract with a different company. The lowest rates that I found were with a company called Constellation, And I got to tell you, I'm not pushing for any specific company, but do your research mass energy rates dot com. Don't just sit there and pay those big bills. Do what you can to and we talked about that last night. You need to listen to the two hours last night our night sat in Demand if you want. I'm not going to replay the hours right now now. In terms of an announcement, Rob, we should have had a drum roll here or something, but I would like all of the night side listeners, and even if you're not a nightside listener, to know that every couple of years we try to do something that gives night side listeners an opportunity. I can meet some of you. Many of you have come to know by name over the phone. But we did a couple of trips to Polar Park to see baseball games. But I thought this year we're going to do something different. And here's what we're going to do on Sunday. And you may want to make a note of this, Okay, and Rob, you know as well as I do, if you could note a couple of things here in case people call in Sunday April twenty seven, that's the Sunday after Easter, April twenty seventh, twenty twenty five, We're going to have a night side brunch at eleven o'clock. I'm going to run from about eleven to one. However, however long you want to stay eleven to one thirty, we will be entertained by the Winnaker b ind Bill and Bo Winnaker. They have performed at this location for about ten months and they tell me it is a fabulous restaurant. It is called Neroli n E R O l I. They have a brunch option. If you want to go all in and have brunch with us, that's great. They also have a separate breakfast menu and a lunch menu, so if you just want to have something simple, something simple pancakes, not going to break the bank. That no, will the brunch break the bank, believe it or not. I mean, this is really a great place. I've not been there, but I trust Bill Winnaker implicitly. They also have a lunch menu, so if you sell me said, oh my noom time, eleven o'clock, eleven thirty, I want a hamburger, they got they got that on the menu as well. Here there's the number you need to call to make reservations. Okay, and please don't make a reservation unless you intend to come, because it's a big location. But our area will be relatively small, and I'm gonna it reminds you that when you make your reservation, tell them you want to be sitting in my section, in the Dan Ray section. Simple as that. That way we'll get a chance to meet everybody, take some selfies, just have some fun. The number to make the reservations add at the restaurant are seven eight to one three, seven five two, five nine four. I give that number again in one more time here and a little bit later on as well. Seven eight one three, seven five two five nine four. This restaurant is on Route one A in Westwood, two eighty two Washington Street. A lot of parking, big parking lot behind the restaurant, free on street parking, so easy to get to, easy to find. The reservations need to be made as soon as possible if you want to join us. Seven eight one three seven five two five nine four. There's no price for the entertainment. There's no cover charge. It's just we'll all have breakfast. Maybe you'll have brunch and I'll have breakfast, and someone else will has a couple of hamburgers. Whatever. Rob you got that number. Seven eight one three, seven five two five nine four The restaurant is Neuroli n E ro o l I. It's an Italian restaurant, which of course is tops in my books. Anyway, Sunday, April twenty seventh, twenty and twenty five, a little over a month from now, at eleven o'clock, looking forward to meeting as many people. You don't have to be a nightside listener to come. You can bring your friends, uh. And I believe that our producer Lightning aka Marida will join us. I think she will be there. I don't know if Rob is going to venture down from north of Boston, but certainly we'd love to have him come down as well, and love to have as many of it there as possible. The capacity is immense. I mean, we could have one hundred people there easily, and by the way, we could have a hundred people by within a week, and once those reservations close off, that's it. They haven't limited us yet, but I would. I made my reservations today, doctor Good, Seriously, trust me, I did. All right, let's move on here to the matters at hand. Big story out of New Hampshire today. Now some of you might have missed it, and if you did, of course, My job is to make sure that you're up to date on what's going on. The senior senator, I think she is the senior Senator from New Hampshire. Former New Hampshire Governor Jean Shaheen announced today that she will not seek re election. Now, what makes that interesting, Well, what makes it interesting is New Hampshire is so it's called the Purple State. It currently is represented by two Democratic senators and two members of the House Democrats, so all four members of the congressional delegation are Democrats. Chris Pappus is a congressman in the south, Maggie Goodlander is a congressman in sort of the district is kind of cut down the middle, but there's really kind of a southeast district in a northwest district in New Hampshire. And the two senators out there, Maggie Hassen and Jean Shaheen. Now, Sahen announced today that she has decided, which she has every right to do. She's going to serve out her term to twenty twenty six. But that will be an open set. And let's listen to a little bit of this. Rob Let's go first to twenty three A.
Speaker 4: To my remarkable and dedicated staff, and to all those who have partnered with us over the years.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 4: Together we have made a difference. Above all, thanks to my family who have always been by my side, to my husband Billy, who's been there through good times and bad, our daughters Stephanie, Stacy and Molly, our sons in law Craig, Ryan and Hugh, and our seven wonderful grandchildren. They're the best.
Speaker 2: Okay, thanks very much. She talks about urgent challenges, but she's not going to be there, and this is her comment at twenty three, b Rob.
Speaker 4: There are urgent challenges ahead, both here at home and around the world. And while I'm not seeking reelection, believe me, I am not retiring. I am determined to work every day over the next two years and beyond to continue to try and make a difference for the people of New hamp sure in this country. I hope you'll join me in that effort.
Speaker 2: Shehen, of course the former governor of New Hampshire, as was Maggie Hassen Kelly aot. The current governor used to be a US Senator. So it's sort of a small pool that New Hampshire residents seem to rely upon both for their state leadership as governor and their congressional leadership in the Senate and in the House. She of course a well written statement. I don't think this comes as a stunning surprise, but it does change the landscape in New Hampshire. We're going to talk about that. This is her The last bite I will play from Jean Shaheen tonight, Senator Jean Shaheen at cut twenty three c rob.
Speaker 4: From the bottom of my heart, thank you New Hampshire. Listening to your stories, being your champion, working with you on the tough fights has been the honor of a lifetime, and we'll keep at it.
Speaker 2: By the way, for those of you who are listening and don't know New Hampshire, New Hampshire is a really neat state. I mean it's a rural state in many respects. It's got a big suburban tier in the southern part of the state south of Manchester, and it has some pretty big, good sized cities in terms of a state the size of New Hampshire, Manchester and Portsmouth Salem conquered. It is a winter wonderland. It is a well run state. Democratic governors Republican governors have done a great job up there over time, and they deserve a great replacement for Jean Shaheen. And that's what we're going to talk about. I want to hear from as many of you as possible, because the US Senate right now is fifty three to forty seven Republican, and that is a Senate that will be in play in the twenty twenty sixth election. The Republicans have an advantage obviously at this point they have an advantage of six three, but fifty three forty seven. There are already two other Democrats who have said they are giving up their seats. This could be a year for the Republicans, and of course it all depend in large part upon how Donald Trump is doing. It could be a year where the Republicans to open up their lead and perhaps have the largest lead in the Senate in many many years, again especially with three Democratic senators now retiring, including Shahem or or conversely, it could go the other way. I want to talk to you about who you think should run up there on both sides, Republican and Democrat. And also for those of you in Massachusetts who pretty much realize that it doesn't make much of an effort here in Massachusetts, the Democrats tend to win. This is a play a way in which you could have a tremendous impact, whether you're a Democrat or a Republican, got in New Hampshire and campaign for whoever's running for Senate up in New Hampshire. Let me tell you that is a great opportunity. With that said, I'm going to open up the phone line six one, seven, two, five, four ten thirty six one seven, nine three one ten thirty if you're from New Hampshire and you want to flow a name, maybe a name that has been thought of, maybe a name that hasn't been thought of. That's great. On the Republican side, there are two major candidates who could run. Former Governor Christan Unu I think would be the odds on favorite if he were in He's been elected four times up there as governor, his brother was a US Senator from up there, from in New Hampshire, and of course his dad before him had been the governor of New Hampshire. And Christan Uno has just finished eight years as governor and it did a great job as governor. I think the best governor in the country in my opinion. UH Scott, former Massachusetts senator is in New Hampshire. Uh he has run once. Uh he in Massachusetts, won a special election, then lost to Elizabeth Warren in twenty twelve, and lost in New Hampshire when he took on Maggie Hassen again. I think it would be Chris Sunhu's race if he wants it, but there may be others, so join the conversation. Six one, seven, two, five, four to ten thirty six one seven, nine, three one ten thirty. I get excited about this because what this means is that New Hampshire, Little old New Hampshire maybe is no longer a presidential battleground state, but it's maybe one of zap ground zero for the twenty twenty six Senate races. Every year, every two years, a third of the US Senate turns over. We'll be back on nightside. Let's talk some politics. Want to hear from you in New Hampshire who you would like to see in the Senate to represent your interest with coming back on nightside.
Speaker 1: Back to Dan ray Line from the Window World night Side Studios on w b Z News Radio.
Speaker 2: All right, let's see what folks think about uh this race. I mean this, this will be a very closely watched national race in twenty twenty six. No presidential race in twenty twenty six, but a watted stake. Christine is in Denham, Massachusetts. Christine, what's your thoughts on what's going on up in New Hampshire? And it's going to get interesting.
Speaker 6: It's going to get interesting. I think Scott Brown is going to put his foot in the door off.
Speaker 3: Really do well?
Speaker 2: Do you think you think that he would he would challenge Sonunu if Snunu decided he wanted the first.
Speaker 6: Shot at Yeah, definitely. I think Scott Brown's on the wall to be to run the president too, I really do.
Speaker 2: He's got a few guys between them, one guy in his name, assuming that Donald Trump gets uh, has a good four years uh. I think J. D. Vance Was would probably have some thoughts about that. Christine, I don't know, so, so tell tell me what why do you think Scott Brown should be the Republican nominee? If he you know, obviously there are others I don't I like. I.
Speaker 6: I just think he's trying to get himself in there and then he's going to run the president. That's my I think, And I don't know, well, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Uh, let's see. Uh, it's I think it's a long way to go for Scott Brown, having lost two Senate races, one in Massachusetts and one in New Hampshire. But if you were to if if Governor Sonunu, who I think uh might be offered a fairly significant contract by any of a number of the major television networks, he may look at that and say, hey, that's a path.
Speaker 3: He just.
Speaker 2: Sununu just turned fifty in last November. He actually turned fifty on election day, November fifth, ironically, remember talking to him about that that night. Scott is a little older. Scott is in his early sixties by a young guy. Nonetheless, Yeah, so I don't know. You know, it will be It will be interesting. I'll tell you this. It gives Republicans in Massachusetts and Democrats in Massachusetts, you know, a real race that may have national impact to go spend some time in New Hampshire campaigning for whoever, for the D O the R whoever they prefer. Think upon it? You know, yeah, exactly, You never know, Steve, Thanks thanks for checking in. I got you down as Scott Brown and you think he might run for president? Hey, I didn't think Donald Trump was gonna run, and then I didn't think he could win, So I'm no expert. Thanks Christine. Thanks so yeah.
Speaker 6: Next door to the restaurant, they have a like like I'll take out two like shandwiches and wood to go when they have a dollar Cassen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm hearing great things. I'm hearing great things about the restaurant, and we're looking looking forward to April twenty seventh. I hope you're gonna be there, get a chance to meet you and a whole bunch of other nightside listeners.
Speaker 6: And the Muffin House is right next to her.
Speaker 5: Also.
Speaker 2: Oh man, now I'm gonna blow my diere totally in that day. Thanks Christine. It sounds too tempting, right, Thanks so much. Bye bye, talk to you soon. I'll see you on the I hope to see you on the twenty seventh.
Speaker 6: Definitely, I'm going to try to go great.
Speaker 2: Okay, make sure you get that reservation in though, because and make sure that you're in our section. Okay. Thanks, Thanks Christine.
Speaker 6: Talk to you le okay, Hie, Ralph, thank you. Okay.
Speaker 2: All right, So I'm looking for maybe a couple of predictions here. From folks in New Hampshire. Brownie in New Hampshire joins us on the other side. But who do you like up there? Jean Jaheenes stepping away? She'll continue as Senator for another twenty months or whatever is left in her twenty two months, Yeah, because she would be Senator until January of twenty seven, so she's got almost two years left. Scott Brown Christinunu on the Republican side, If there's another Republican let me know. I don't think that Kelly Ayot, who was in the Senate and is now the governor, just elected governor, would be interested in going back to the Senate. I think there is always that sort of been there, done that attitude, and she's going to have to do a good job as governor, and most govern want to stand for reelection. It's a two year term up there, which makes it difficult because they're always running for election or who On the Democratic side, I'm not as familiar. I certainly know about Congressman PAPIs, and I have heard about the other member of Congress up there. For a long time there was some Democratic members of Congress and they either were upset or or resigned that so there's they're both teams, both the Republicans, the r's and the d's actually have legitimate candidates up there, which makes it so interesting. In a state that could go either way, New Hampshi is considered a purple state, neither red nor blue. Purple. You have the numbers, I got some wide open lines here. Where are my political analysts six one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty six, one seven, nine, three, one, ten thirty. I'd love to talk about this until at least eleven o'clock. If you know, we'll find something else. But this, to me is the most exciting story that I know that w b Z covered a lot. It was a lead story on at least two of the news stations during the day, if not at night. Join the conversation. Be right back on Nightside.
Speaker 1: Night Side with Dan Ray. I'm WBZ Boston's News Radio.
Speaker 2: All right, man, I'm telling you I want to hear from some folks up in New Hampshire an open United States Senate seat in twenty twenty six. I think it's gonna be fun. Let me go to Bernie, who is in New Hampshire. Bernie, how are you tonight?
Speaker 3: I'm well you'reself, Dad, great.
Speaker 2: Are you surprised that Senator shehen? Now again, she's getting along in years a little bit, so she obviously has some grandchildren she wants to pay attention to. But are you surprised tough to give up a Senate seat, don't you think?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Absolutely, I was very surprised that she gave it up. I mean, she did a job for a Democrat, and you know what, she did the best she could. And I just like, I agree with you one hundred percent. I think it's going to be Chris Sun. I think he understands national politics. He knows how to be a national politician. He did a great job as governor. I mean, he really grew to state and he understands them wants and needs of the of his constituency. And I think Kelly Aot's going to do a good job replacing him in that part. But as far as senator being a senator, he comes from a political family. I believe his father was a chief of staff, wasn't he.
Speaker 2: Oh? His dad former Governor Johnson, who was George Bush's chief of staff at the White House, and then John s New's son, John his namesake son was the United States senator for I believe two terms up in New Hampshire. I happened to have been with christ Sinunus Saturday night, ironically at a dinner in Boston, and we talked quite a bit, uh, And it's pretty clear to me that he's got a lot of options. I think that he's being pursued by some of the national media uh outfits. They you know, he's he's he's a guy who's humorous, he's funny. Listen to him give a tremendous speech on Saturday night. He he's very quick, you know, he's he's sharp. He's a sharp m I T graduate and and engineering. I mean that's you know, he's he's he's a he's a really smart guy. Did a good job as governor. Now, he did say, uh that he really wasn't interested in going to Washington when he was asked about a potential run for senate, uh and be be a what he called the backseater, meaning that he likes to be a leader. But I think that again, if you know, he probably would make much more money with a television contract than he would as a United States senator. But he's still young. He's fifty years of age he could be elected if he were to choose to run, he could be elected three times to the Senate. He could serve eighteen years in the Senate and be merely seventy years of age, which by most Senate US Senate standards is young when you look at the Mitch McConnell's and the Ed Markey's and the Elizabeth Warrens of the world. I mean, he'd be like a kid. But again, I think it's going to be up to the voters in New Hampshire. You got four federal you know, you have two members of Congress right now who are Democrats, and you have two US Senators, Shaheen and Hassen, both former governors. I think it's going to be a battle, and I think it's gonna make New Hampshire. Normally New Hampshire is the focus of a presidential primary in the in the months of January and February, New Hampshire is gonna be in the middle of a spotlight and as a battleground state to control the US Senate. How exciting is that. I think it's pretty cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree with you one hundred percent. And the thing is he's he's gonna represent New Hampshire, which is like it's a great state, as you said, it's it's a really good state. And a lot of a lot of the voters in New Hampshire, as you said, I'm in the southern part of the state because of the most populous cities that a lot of them are transplanted for mass And the say in this yere was, don't masch up in New Hampshire. But I believe Sanunu can play the game and not the game. But he knows politics and and you know what, I'm a Trump supporter, as you well know, and I believe Chrisnunu understands like military in all the issues, the worldwide issues, and I think, you know, he may be the guy that stands up to Trump on some of these things where Trump goes overboard. Although it's hard to stand up to Trump. I understand that, and I agree with a lot of stuff Trump's storm, But right now I don't see the whole big picture with him. But I think Snunu could be a voice of reason in that whole thing. Well.
Speaker 2: The thing that makes Sonnu particularly attractive, and it also makes Scott Brown attractive, and that they are Republicans but they're not doctrinaire Republicans, and I think that, you know, Governor Sanunu or Scott Brown would represent the interest of New Hampshire and if they had to disagree with the President. I was surprised that I believe that President Trump still has a line of communication open to Chris Snunu. They they they talk periodically and even if you disagree, if you're Donald Trump, you have to and you talk to Christan Una, realize you're talking to a pretty smart guy. He may disagree with President Trump on some things, but he's a smart guy. And any political party in America this day needs smart people, and both Scott Brown and Kristan Unu are smart people and that could be very advantageous and neither one of them, you know, the Republicans in New Hampshire sometimes end up picking someone who's a little further to the right of where New Hampshire is. New Hampshire's a purple state. It's not a rock rib Republican state like it used to be. But it just elected a Republican governor, re elected, re elected a woman who had been a senator. Now she's a governor. Christan Unho was the governor. Maybe he's going to go back to the Senate. We're going to see, that's for sure. Bernie, appreciate you call, as we always real quick.
Speaker 3: Then thanks for let me speak. My wife and my son's twin sister and I were going down atap my son out. He's going to be a US soldier next week. We're very powder of him. And if anyone's pout of whether your son's a lawyer or a doctor, or a factory worker or an engineer, nobody's ever better as pout as I have of my son becoming a US soldier. Thank you.
Speaker 2: Well, I'll tell you this. That's something you have in common with Kristinnu. He has a twenty year old son who is now a US Marine. You know a lot of times you think about, you know, the children of politicians. Apparently his son said, hey, dad, you know I'd rather go and uh and give back to the country and spend some time as a US Marine as a helicopter pilot. So he's he's a pretty bright kid. I'm sure there was he could have gone just about an ecology he wanted. So gives you a little insight into the Sonunu family, which I think people need to understand. And your son is right in the same category as Christ's son here. You know, I'm sure your son had plenty of options in front of him. He owes the military. What's he what's the boot camp? Is you go down to boot camp? Graduation? Is that what's going on?
Speaker 3: Yeah? We'll go to Fort Jackson, then he goes to ai T, then he goes to Fort Benning.
Speaker 2: Okay, so he's he's the US Army. Is he looking to become a US Army ranger by any chance?
Speaker 3: If he's a ranger? Yeah, we talked about this the first week when he went to boot camp with my wife was all the story. Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's he was the un h and he chose to be an Army ranger, he said. And what he told my wife's surday was he says, mom, there's two models the rangers. One the women is lead the rangers, lead the way, and the other one is sore spante. And that's why I want to be a ranger. All right, all right, thank you, Den.
Speaker 2: You should be very proud of your son. Please say HI to him for all of us. Okay, congratulated for all of us.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Thanks Bernie talk to you. We'll take quick break, a couple of calls on the other other side. I'd like more calls six one seven, two thirty one line there, six one seven. I get excited about what I think will be a really good US Senate race in our backyard. That's what excites me about it. Uh. And I think the Democrats will put someone up. They got a couple of congress people up there who could easily stand for move moving up if you will. You know, COEQ will just something of the House of the House and Senate. But look, most House members always also aspired being in the Senate. We'll see what happens. I'm here for the next hour fifteen minutes, and if you're not interested in talking about that, we can move on. But I love this topic. I'm a political guy. I think most of you are as well, and this is a race that is just beginning to form. Love to get your impression. Coming back on Nightside.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World night Side Studios. I'm WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: I've got to get all my clocks in order. Here. Rob has the big clock in the studio. Let's go next to one of my favorite call is Laurie from Idaho. Lauria A. Youre going to come back here and join us for the big brunch on April twenty seventh. How are you tonight?
Speaker 5: I'm gonna try. I'm doing well, except that that green glog commercial just as that made me hurt. That's so disgusting.
Speaker 2: But the green block I missed it. I sometimes believe.
Speaker 5: You're talking about a fog drain and he's talking about it.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah. Anyway, moving on, they try to catch your attention, and obviously they succeeded with you. Not maybe for the right reason, but no twentyth thing. I know that you were originally from New Hampshire, right, so you got some of some hometown on the line.
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh yeah, what do you say? This is so exciting? Yeah, I'm very excited, you know, And I love Kristin and who and I don't. I would be very very surprised if he did this. I mean, he's he's said all along he wants to, you know, back in the family life and give us this other stuff, and he doesn't.
Speaker 3: I mean, can you.
Speaker 5: Imagine who's sitting in senate meeting. He's going to be like that kid in fourth grade that's got ants in his pants, So I think he's he's not he's not cut out for Washington just yet until he runs for president. But I do like Scott Brown, so that might be interesting.
Speaker 2: Well. I think that they are both would be formidable candidates. I can tell you that I was at a dinner with full M Governor Snunu and I have I have an email here from I'm not going to identify who it is, but a good friend of mine, Chrisnu should seriously consider running for Shaheen's seat because he would win. How far he goes after he wins, after he wins, is anybody's guests. That's a friend of mine who thinks that he's a presidential timber uh, I absolutely, well, Again, he has the disadvantage of coming out of a small state. Bye. He is very smart. He's young. He's only fifty. Turned fifty on election day, ironically, November this past November fifth. I interviewed him that night and we talked about he had turned fifty. It was like wow, but he that I watched. I watched him give a speech in Boston on Saturday night. He was incredible. It was it was off his top of his head. He was funny, he was engaging, he was entertaining. He had the audience on the palm of his hand, and he didn't he didn't go really hardcore political on it. I mean, it wasn't like he was up there trying to, you know, preach New Hampshire over Massachusetts, or he's he went to school in Massachusetts. What was he talking about your Republicans over Democrats. It was it was humorous, it was funny, it was entertaining. It was exactly what it should be. And I think we need more of that in politics, as opposed to people like Chuck Schumer or Mitch McConnell, who, yeah, they just drone on and on. You know, if it's if it's McConnell, you don't know when he's gonna stop speaking or when he's gonna start speaking. And if it's Schumer, you know, it's like, we will win, we will win. I mean, you know those guys well, and they're not the only ones in the in the U S. And and get them some B twelve shots or something. I don't know. They just well, term limits would be wonderful. I agree with that, but no, it's it's none of them are going to vote in favor of something that's going to end their ability to to stay at the at the troth. Now, Christinn, who is the type of guy who would I think again, he's shown he could win in New Hampshire. Uh, you know, Scott Brown has yet to shown he shown he could win. He ran one race in Austin. You know, they labeled him a carpetbag her and all of that, you know, garbage job.
Speaker 5: But I fo Christian who would win?
Speaker 2: But that's right, No one's going to label christ and who do that? And I think he has an appeal to moderates. And I'll tell you the Republicans need to need to get some representative representation either in the center of Howison, New Hampshire. They're a purple state with the entire their entire delegation. I mean, we could be if Susan Collins loses next year and she's up for election, she could be a Republican loss and that would be the I think the last ouch. Yeah, well, the last Republican senator. I think there's one congressman who's still a Republican from northern Maine. But I mean, come on, do we want to turn New England into Massachusetts a one party revision. Ever, wonder I think that's a good idea.
Speaker 5: You know, Well, so the election isn't until twenty six, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh, this plenty of time. But I would assume that.
Speaker 5: Time to live his little fun life after his governorship and go out and do and maybe he'll he'll read. I mean, I think if he runs, he'll win. I just don't know if his the way his life is, you know, if he wants a little more freedom for a while.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, if I was Kristan Unhu, and I'm not, but if I were Christiana, I'd love to be fifty years of agent Kristan Unhu. He should have spent today calling the hundred most influential Republicans in New Hampshire and saying, look, I don't know what I'm going to do, but i'd ask you to stand down until I make my decision. And I think you have that conversation with one hundred influential people in your party, and all of them, I suspect are going to say, you know, look fine with me, no need to make a decision now. And if I decide to go off and become a network commentator, he's done a lot on CNN, as you know that's a possibility, or I've decided then I'm going to make a run for this. I mean, he's in the person.
Speaker 5: He's also so brighton so is he that that that commentary thing might get a little old for him after a while and he might want to do something else.
Speaker 2: Well, there would be when you talk about travel, this is much travel involved in that. Because I got to tell you, Yeah, the networks, you know CNN and I don't think Fox would. Fox doesn't need them. They have all the Republicans they need. Uh, CNN needs them. I don't know that he would go to MSNBC. He might go to a NBC, ABC, U CBS. They have Sunday morning shows. He has plenty of options, including running for the US Senate. Not bad when you're fifty years of age to have those options. Most of us at the age of fifty saying how much do I have to? When can I take Social Security? That's not the furthest thing from his mind, that's for sure. How's the weather out there?
Speaker 3: In exciting?
Speaker 2: Would you get today? We're going to get over the weekend, So tell us what our weather forecast will be for the upcoming weekend.
Speaker 5: Today we've had rain and anywhere like forty one to thirty nine degrees, and it's supposed to rain for the next three days and then there might be some snow with no accumulation in three days. And Jim bersons in the forties and the forties and the forties, it's very.
Speaker 2: Well, here's the deal. Here, here's the deal. We're supposed to get rain. All the weather fore casters that I watched tonight said over the weekend, Saturday into Sunday and maybe into Monday. So that's exactly what it is. What you have today, We're going to get by the by the weekend.
Speaker 1: So simple, you got it.
Speaker 2: Laurie is always thank you so much for checking in. We'll talk soon.
Speaker 3: Okay, good night, thank you, have a great night, Laurie.
Speaker 2: Good night. Okay, here's what we're going to do. I could see that there wasn't much interest in that race, even though I loved it, and I want to thank Christine, Bernie and Laurie who took the time to call. I love talking politics, and I love talking politics where there's a number of options. This is not like you know, I hate Donald Trump or I hate the Democrats. This is like we're talking options, and so we will leave that subject, okay. But what I will do is I will change topics on the other side of the eleven o'clock news, and God knows, I hope I come up with something you're interested in. And maybe I'll even go to open lines. I don't know. I will remind you Saturday Sunday, Sunday April twenty seven, twenty twenty five, that's about five weeks from now, at eleven am, join us for a night side lunch or nightside brunch at New Rolli's Restaurant, an e ro l I in Westwood. The Htical Band will perform that day. The Roy's Restaurant is on Route one A two eighty two Washington Street in Westwood. Lots of parking behind the restaurant on the street, no problem, very convenient, and the number is seven eight one three, seven five two five nine to four. Tell them you want to be in the section where the Dan Ray nightside listeners are and we're going to have a great time. The Sunday after Easter, April twenty seven, twenty twenty five, at eleven o'clock Niroli's Restaurant, the first hopefully first annual night side Brunch Spring Brunch. Let's spring come forth. Here comes the eleven o'clock news, and I will be back right after the eleven. I'm not sure what I'm gonna do, but I'm gonna figure it out. I'm Carl.
Speaker 7: I'm sixty eight years old and I lost forty pounds thanks to Awaken What eighty Weight loss and looking at pictures, I realized that my collar wasn't good. I looked bloated, constantly, tired, out of breath. It got to the point where I decided it was time to pick up the phone and call Awaken What eighty. The combination of the diet and the coaching really pushed me over the top. My self confidence sword I'm walking, I'm working out. Instead of sixty eight, I feel like I'm twenty eight. I just had my annual physical and my doctor looked at my blood pressure and.
Speaker 2: He said, what did you do? What happened?
Speaker 7: And I explained that I'm on the Awaken one eighty program. I've never felt so good in my life. And as somebody that sometimes likes to take the shortcut, I didn't have to do that.
Speaker 2: With this program.
Speaker 7: My solution for weight loss.
Speaker 2: Paul solution for weight loss. My solution for weight loss. This is Dan Ray. Lower blood pressure, increased confidence, feeling years younger. Want the same results, then do what we did and make your own one eighty at Awakened one indieweightloss dot com.
Speaker 1: Celebrate Saint Patrick's down the South Shore this spring season.
Speaker 8: Quota visitsouth Shore ma dot com to find events funded by the Massachusetts Office of Traveling Tourism.
Speaker 1: The Ultimate Shaer Tribute at the Cabin in Beverly Friday, March twenty eighth. See Lisa mccloary's portrayal of the Goddess of Pop featuring all the sher hits.
Speaker 2: Get tickets at the Cavit dot org.
Speaker 1: WBZ in Boston, w XKSFM, HD two Bedford and Iheartradiot Show. This is WBZ, Boston's news radio re defining local news.
Speaker 9: Good evening, I'm Dan Watkins. Here's what's happening. The chances of a government shut down at the end of the week are ramping up now that the Democrats and the Senate have come out against the House passed measure that would avoid one. ABC Stephen Portnoy with the latest.
Speaker 8: The top Senate Democrats as Republicans have eschewed by partisanship and don't have the votes on their own to push the House passed spending bill through a Democratic led filibuster. Chuck Schumer says the Senate should instead consider a clean one month extension of government funding through April eleventh.
Speaker 2: We should vote on that.
Speaker 8: But even if Republicans in the Senate were interested, the House is on recess, not due back until a week from Monday. A Senate stalemate could lead to a Friday night shutdown. Stephen Portnoy, ABC News Washington.
Speaker 9: The Department of Education is laying off over thirteen hundred workers. It comes after President Trump has suggested getting rid of the department altogether. CBS's Stacey lenn reports, nearly half of.
Speaker 10: The workforce is getting cut.
Speaker 11: We wanted to make sure that we kept all of the right people, to good people, to make sure that the outward facing programs, the grants, the appropriation to come from Congress, all of that are being met and none of that's going to fall.
Speaker 2: Through the cracks.
Speaker 10: That's Education Secretary Linda McMahon.
Speaker 1: On Fox The Great Nation invests in the education of his citizenry.
Speaker 10: Rayhart is the executive director of the Council of the Great City Schools.
Speaker 1: I think it speaks volumes that we're interested in disinvesting in our students.
Speaker 10: Stacey Lynne, CBS News, Washington