Speaker 1: One thing about this geen is the invisible and tangibles that they have.
Speaker 2: This teen is really becoming a family.
Speaker 3: Let's not play one on Tom. Let's wind it.
Speaker 4: I love writing these guys after the show, just thank you, give me are.
Speaker 3: Your attention, your fire and not a pistons.
Speaker 5: This is world champion, Dodgers, world champion for a small soft time.
Speaker 3: They get up people, what they want to die two is special.
Speaker 5: I'm like, yeah, it's not a headache one of them con this ball's gone.
Speaker 3: You ready to go? Sure old time to the sound, grab your phone to get in.
Speaker 5: On the show called eight six six nine eighty seven two five seven and go to the show. And now your host of Dodger Talk, Tim Kakes.
Speaker 6: Rough day for the Dodgers in Kansas City. It was hot, it was muggy, and the Royals offense went to work early and often. Meanwhile, the Dodgers bats were quiet until the seventh inning when Freddie Freeman connected on his tenth home run of this season as a Dodger see their five game winning streak come to an end on this Saturday. Hi, everybody, and welcome into Dodger Talk on this Saturday afternoon. Thanks for being with us wherever you may be driving around Southern California, listening on the iHeartRadio app, kicking back and relaxing on this beautiful, warm Saturday afternoon here in southern California.
Speaker 3: We appreciate you being with us.
Speaker 6: Eight sixty six nine eighty seven two five seventy is the number eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy. Put it in your phone and make sure it's there. Is one of your favorites. Let's talk a little Dodgers baseball. A lot to digest from today's nine to five lost with the Kansas City Royals. First and foremost, show hey o tany two shutout innings today? He allowed one hit that came to Bobby Witt Junior on a flare out into left center field, a cheapy as they used to call it back in my day, a cheapya to left center field on a ball in which he was on his front foot, completely fooled, hit it off the end of the bat, but just kind of fell into no man's land in left center field for a base hit. A nice double play ball on a pitch that was one hundred and two miles an hour from sho heyo Tani. Pascatino hit into a double play to get out of the first inning on fourteen pitches that first inning, little ify on the command from sho Heyo Tani, especially on the sweeper and off speed pitches. The fastball velocity was there. He got some swinging missus, which was great. The second ining, he was dialed in show Hao Tani in that second inning thirteen pitches a one two three inning, sandwiched with a strikeout in the middle after a couple of fly ball outs, including one to the catcher Dalton rushing to end the inning. It was masterful to see him with his split finger, to see him with his off speed pitches get swinging missus, to see his fastball electric up in the zone when he wanted to get guys to chase it. He landed seventy four percent strikes in these two innings that he pitched. Today again, Bobby Witch Junior's flair cheapy hit was eighty six miles an hour off the bat into left center field soft contact. Every time there was contact off the bat of the Kansas City Royals in those first two innings that he pitched, and he only faced a seven batters in two innings of work. Really nice to see Shoeyotani on top of the mountain today and doing what he did, getting better and evolving from inning one to inning two, and you kind of felt like, if this were late season Showyotani.
Speaker 3: He was just getting into form.
Speaker 6: He was really getting into a rhythm with his pitch on the mound, the offspeed pitches, the swing and misses on the fastball up and out of the zone. He was throwing glove side and getting contact. He looked I can't say enough. He looked dominant in that second inning of work in which he threw thirteen pitches. And if this were later in the season again, he would have built on that, I feel, and we would have seen Shoeyotani be really good for multiple innings. As it is, it's late June and we're only getting limited work right now out of show ay Otani as he continues to look at the end goal, the finish line of the end of the season and the playoffs when it counts most eight sixty six, nine eighty seven to two five seventy, that was the really good the not so good today, Well, let's continue with the positives. Freddie Freeman three for three, a home run, two walks, on base five times. Freddie Freeman hits his first home run since Mother's Day. A streak of forty one games without a home run ended today with the solo home run of the seventh inning by the Dodger first baseman. He continued to grind. You can see the frustration on his face. You heard him in the postgame with David Vesse and the media, smile on his face from ear to ear. But it's just today. Baseball is a game of what have you done for me lately? And there's the next day to do it again. So we'll see if he's in the live tomorrow. There have been a lot of talk that he going to be off no matter what. So if that's the case, we won't see Freddie Freeman back in the lineup as it started until Tuesday, when the Dodgers return home to face the Chicago White Sox to start off the next Homestand but today one of those get right games.
Speaker 3: Phil's good.
Speaker 6: Freddie Freeman days three for three, on base five times, hit it out of the park, seeing the ball really well, tracking it well, hitting it well, spraining around the field. That is really good for the Dodgers. Otani's two shot editings, Freddie Freeman's five at bats today on base five times three for three to two walks. The not so good The Dodgers rest of the offense was pretty anemic. They had runners on, they get a base run around with two outs, they get a base run around with one out, but they couldn't strain together hits. It was one of those frustrating days, at least for the first six innings for the Dodgers.
Speaker 3: Runner on base in five of the first six innings, but did nothing with it.
Speaker 6: Meanwhile, the Kansas City Royals two strike, two outs, scoring runs, Vinnie Pascantino an ah to one pitch from Ben Casparius in the fifth inning with two outs, hits, a three run home run, and what was a three to nothing game quickly was a six to nothing game. You go back to the third inning, Michale Garcia with a two run double with two outs, and he was ahead in the count O two before even in and out two to two, and Garcia connects on a two run double. The Dodgers usually are the teams that attack their opponents with two strikes, two outs and just sort of pay per clip.
Speaker 3: You you to death. That's what they do so well.
Speaker 6: They slug and they pay per clip you to death with their two strikes two out hits.
Speaker 3: Today they were the victim to that.
Speaker 6: Today there wasn't enough band aids to be put on the Dodger pitching as they saw the Dodgers give up two strike hits, two out hits. In the first two games of this series, nine of the thirteen runs by the camp To City Royals have been scored with two outs. That's what the Dodgers do two opponents, and that's what the Royals have done to the Dodgers in the first two games. Dodgers last night out hit eleven to four, but win the game five to four. Today, the Dodgers out hit by the Kansas City Royals fourteen to ten and lose nine to five. The ten hits by the Dodgers a little misleading, seeing is that what at least three of those hits came in the ninth inning, four of them total in the ninth inning. They were pretty anemic the first six innings. Freddie Freeman's home run got him on the board, and then they pushed four across in the ninth inning with two outs too little too late. It would have taken americal comeback for the Dodgers to be down eight to come back and tie it or take the lead in the ninth inning that was squashed with Michael Conforto's groundball out to end the game, and the Royals in the Dodgers five game winning streak. You hope it's just one of those days and you flip it and you move to tomorrow and get the series win. Now, albeit Dodgers had four hits last night, won the game wasn't a ton of offense. But as we kept talking about after the game last night pregame, today, they scored four runs, two of which on a Max Munsey or five runs last night on four hits, So every hit they had produced runs. It's not a great recipe on a continual basis, but they'll take it. Last night, today the offense wasn't there again. Meanwhile, the Royals just kept tacking on runs against Ben Casparius and then against Luis Garcia, who struggled in a third of an inning today. Now, I'm not going to put all the blame on Ben Casparius. Why Ben Casparius is sick, Ben Casparius is not feeling well. David Vasse said it on Sports and at LA during the game. Davi's doing TV, I'm doing all radio this weekend. Dave said it during the TV broadcast, and I'm pretty sure he mentioned it in the pregame show. Maybe he did off the air bank. Casparius last night sent home by the Dodger coaching staff because he wasn't feeling well and knew knowing that he was going to pitch today piggybacking show.
Speaker 3: Hey, O Tani.
Speaker 6: No need for him to be at the ballpark, especially if he's gonna get guys sick standing around in the dugout.
Speaker 3: Just go back to the hotel.
Speaker 6: So they sent him back to get hydrated, to get some fluids and get ready for today's game where he's going to piggyback show. Heyo Tani in the hot, humid sun of Kansas City. So now that you kind of have a backstory, he wasn't feeling.
Speaker 3: Well last night.
Speaker 6: Can't imagine he woke up today like, oh that's gone. I feel better all of a sudden. Probably not feeling well today, but he goes out there and goes four innings and he's asked to be the bulk inning guy. He got roughed up. He didn't finish off hitters. There was too many two counts in which he let the hitter back into account and then gave up a hit. The Michale Garcia two run double a prime example, getting ahead oh one on Vinnie Pascentino and then he hits a three run home run. You get ahead in the count, you got to finish him off. He just wasn't finishooting off hitters in his four innings of work. Let's go back out to Kansas City. Let's hit her from Ben Casperius. We can call it post game today. He was sick last night, not feeling good this morning. Let's hear from the young right hander and how he's feeling after the Dodgers nine to five loss.
Speaker 7: He's kind of you know, chills, whole body aches and everything, kind of swam it all out last night. I got to the art today, told him I wanted the ball and I felt good.
Speaker 3: Enough to compete enough.
Speaker 7: Did you feel it in the heat and everything?
Speaker 5: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 7: I don't think I've fitched in the heat like this in a long time, especially you know, day game with the humidity like that. But I felt good enough to take the ball today. And you know, dank a our away didn't really execute the game plan as well as I would have liked to. And you know, I'm just chiming from the page and you know, on the.
Speaker 3: Next one, because there been.
Speaker 4: Something about either following show Hay or just.
Speaker 7: Kind of pitch him longer in the last three that's been.
Speaker 3: An adjustment for you.
Speaker 7: I mean not too much in terms of like mental prep and listen that. I just think, you know, game planning. I haven't been a sharp for you know, executing what I want to do. But I don't think it has anything to do with the situation.
Speaker 6: All right, there's Ben Casparius post game, had the chills last night, not feeling well, sweated it out, woke up this morning. As you heard him say, there, told Dave Roberts and Mark Pryor he was good to go to piggyback showy Otani and he just didn't execute.
Speaker 3: And he's right, he didn't.
Speaker 6: He didn't finish off hitters, and they came back to bite him, and they scored four runs against him. Make that six runs against him in four inings of work. I tip a cap to him and say, hey, great, job, going out there, even not out one hundred percent and battling for four innings when the team needed you.
Speaker 3: Again, this isn't a team that's loaded with pitching.
Speaker 6: They can just say, all right, Ben, you're not feeling well, we're gonna we're gonna push you to another day, or you know, we got somebody else that can take over for you. They have a bullpen game tomorrow with Justin Robleski scheduled to be the long inning guy. Tyler Glass now pitched last night in oklah Aloma City. He can't be called up, immit. Sheen pitched today, I believe in Oklahoma City, so he wasn't available. So they needed Ben Casparius, whether he was one hundred percent or not, get some fluids in him.
Speaker 3: Go out there.
Speaker 6: And he said the heat, the humidity got to him and in the end he just didn't execute like he was supposed to. And he's exactly right, and he'll get the ball next time. Shoeyotani pitches. And the question for Bill Plunkett's interesting. I mentioned the stat to Jose Mode in the Clubout Show, and I'm gonna repeat it again here. Since Ben Casparius has now been the follow guy for Shoeyotani piggybacking each other. This is the third start for Shoeotani, one inning against the Padres, one inning against the Nationals, and today he went two innings against the Kansas City Royals. Ben Casparius has been the piggyback guy behind Otani in all three of these starts, and that was the plan before all this. Forty innings of work a sub three ERRA for Ben Casparius in different roles, and he's been really good this year now in three games where he's had this role as the piggyback to show Heyotani in right near eight, and he's given up eleven runs and eleven and two third innings. Again, eleven runs and eleven and two third innings in three times piggybacking show Heyotani with an ERA near eight as opposed to a sub three r and forty innings pitched before this assignment.
Speaker 3: So he says there's nothing to it. He says he'll be back and good to go next time out. I believe he will.
Speaker 6: But it's interesting to look at the numbers, and again we do that all the time, good and bad.
Speaker 3: Look at the numbers.
Speaker 6: How guys are performing, what they're doing right, what they're doing wrong. We try to find the answers and try to dig deep into analyzing every little thing. It is worth noting three times he's piggybacked Totani and it just hasn't worked out for him, giving up eleven runs in those three times, including six runs today in four innings of work being under the weather. Eight sixty six nine eight seven seventies a number. Let's go out to the phones, thank you for being patient. Let's start off with David in Westlake Village. It's gonna start things off here on postgame Dodger Talk after the Royals beat the Dodgers nine to five on this Saturday.
Speaker 2: How you doing, David, I'm doing okay. Tim, Thanks for taking my call. You know, I just got back from New York having open heart surgery, and I'll tell you I was watching the Dodger games in the hospital and it really helped me keep my spirits up. So thank you Dodgers for that for me personally. You know, I'm greedy. I want that second World championship. I've waited a long time for them to get great, and they're amazing. But at first I thought pitching was gonna be the biggest issue. I don't think so anymore. I think once you know Snell and Glass now and they they they go deeper in games with Oshani eventually, I think we're gonna be fine. But to me, Tim, the biggest weakness of this team is defense. And I'm actually kind of surprised that Friedman put a worst detensive team on the field this year than last. And I know how they can fix it. I mean, it's the obvious choice is to put Mookie out and right and put you know, uh Tayo in left. I know that I can tell you that till I'm Dodger blue in the face. That's never gonna happen. But what can happen. What can happen is that they put Tao in left and put Pahes in right. Uh uh no, put yeah, Ptao in and left and put pas and right and put Edmund when his ankle is healthy in center. That is a championship caliber outfield. It's faster than the outfield we have now. Roberts even admitted that we have a slow outfield today and it's going to cost us. And you know, you know as well as I do. Watching the World Series last year, that defense can lose you playoff games. And I just really hope that Dave Roberts and Andrew Freeman understand that Tao belongs in left and Paz, who has the best armed on the team belongs in the right, and some more speed in center field. Tell me that that is going to happen. Eventually, we'll find out if it happened.
Speaker 5: That.
Speaker 6: I appreciate the phone call David, and thinking of you. I'm praying for you for a speedy recovery after that open heart surgery that you had in New York.
Speaker 3: Glad to hear your back and you.
Speaker 6: Arrested and the Dodgers got you through it and good enough to give us a call here on Dodger talking healthy enough. So thinking of you and your continued recovery from that. With that being said, it was interesting to see today Taoscar Hernandez a ball down the right field line, come up just short from getting it and it kind of falls in down the right field line.
Speaker 3: Again.
Speaker 6: Last night we saw the same thing happen against the Dodgers in today's game. It was a situation where Freddie Freeman was in on the grass. You had Haysan Kim at second but closer to the second base bag to hold the runner on and the ball falls in down the right field line, just out of the reach of ta Oscar Hernandez who didn't die for the ball and came up, you know, short of catching it and it falls in for a RBI single. So again it's it is what it is. Right now, we'll see juggling in the lineups moving forward. Ta Oskar's not right health wise. Remember back last month he went on the injured list with the groin injury, the adductor, the left adductor groin area okay, and he came back pretty quick.
Speaker 3: Was it? What? Ten games? That was it?
Speaker 6: It was a minimum stint on the injured list and he came back. And remember when he first heard it, we kept thinking, no, man, this looks bad. This feels like a lengthy stint on the injured list. This is not gonna be good. This could be a six to eight weeker. This could be something he doesn't come back until after the All Star break because of how tender the groin area adductor is and the way he was grimacing in pain. As it turns out, wasn't as severe of a strain, and he was back after one round on the injured list and comes back back in the lineup. Now certainly hasn't been the same tail since then, especially out in the outfield. I think he's bothered by it. I think he came back wanting to help out this Dodgers team, not one hundred percent, but hoping it'll get better as time goes on. And he plays through it. And just like we've seen guys do Freddy Freeman with the ankle injury. Guys play through injuries all the time, and they're not gonna sit there and tell you about it. They're not gonna stand in front of their locker and say, I'm hurt, I can't play every day, but I'm trying to give my best for you. No, these guys don't let in how bad maybe they're hurting. You know, we found out after the case last year in October how bad the ribs were for Freddie Freeman and really how bad the ankle was. He had to have surgery in October. They're not gonna let on. They're not gonna let on because they're tough. They're they want to let on because they don't want to come out of the lineup, and they don't want to let on because they don't want to give the opponent any advantage to what may be an alien part of their body, and they can take advantage of that as a pitcher. I just don't think he's right. I don't think he's one hundred percent. And maybe he needs a couple of days off. Maybe he came back quicker than he should have.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 6: That's not up to me, it's not up to you. It's up to ta Oscar Hernandez and how he feels. But looking at the way those two fly balls, especially the last couple of times out last night and today, you know, an extra beat on the ball, a dive. Maybe he makes that play today. Maybe he makes that play last night. As it is, he pulls up, ball falls in both last night and today, And a lot of people, the social media fans, people who are texting me, say, what's going on? Why didn't tail lay out for that ball? What's going on? How can you make a better effort for that ball? You know, he made a running effort for it, comes up short, pulls up on it. I gotta believe that that left adductor groin area is still bothering him and he's playing through it. Eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seven. We'll take a time out. We'll come back. We'll get to more of your phone calls when we continue here on post game Dodger Talk. As the Dodgers win it to or lose today nine to five to the Kansas City Royals in Kansas City, they fall to the Royals. Seth Lugo gets the win, Ben Casparius gets the loss as the Dodgers have their five game winning streak come to and end. They fall to fifty two and thirty two on this season. Back at it tomorrow, the rubber game of this three game set with Chester Robleski. You gonna be the bulk inning guy for the Dodgers. They'll go with an opener to lead into it. Dodgers looking to bounce back tomorrow. We'll get to your phone calls when we come back. Eight sixty six nine eighty seven two five seventy. Postgame Dodger Talk continues on AI seventy LA Sports Live Everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 5: AM five to seventy LA Sports be anywhere at any time, and you can hear past episodes of Dodger Talk, all of those things. Search A seventy on the iHeartRadio. A. We're streaming online. We stream every game too, Come find it. Back to Dodger Talk on AM five to seventy LA Sports two.
Speaker 1: To one, and Freddie swings and hammers won to center field his bell.
Speaker 2: Heading back to the.
Speaker 3: Wall, he looks up.
Speaker 5: It is gone.
Speaker 3: A home run for Freeman.
Speaker 4: Freddie's got a solo homer, his first home run since May eleventh at Arizona, and the Dodgers get on the board at six to one.
Speaker 6: Freddie Freeman goes deep, his tenth told run of this season, in his first in forty one games. He needed it, the Dodgers needed today. Unfortunately, the Dodgers down big, cannot come back. Despite four runs in the ninth inten they fall to the Royals nine to five. Daniels Jewelers presents the home run Forecast. Go to AM FI seventy LA Sports dot com keyword home run for your chance to win a fifty dollars Daniels Jewelers gift card just for predicting the number of home run to the next game. Daniels Jewelers own the dream seth Lugo gets to win no runs in five and two thirty innings of work today against the Dodgers, struck out eight. Ben Casparius gets tagged with the loss. He gave up six runs over four innings. Despite being sick, went home to the hotel last night early with chills and a fever. Pitched today the bulk innings for the Dodgers after Shohio Tani went two shutout innings in his third start for the Dodgers. Eight sixty six, nine eighty seven, two five seventy. Logan and east La is next up here on Dodge Talk. Welcome, Logan.
Speaker 3: How you doing.
Speaker 4: I'm good. How are you doing?
Speaker 5: Tim?
Speaker 3: Doing good?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, so my question and again I'm not trying to say this is the main issue with you know, what's going on right now. And obviously we're still the best team, uh in in the NLS least, and I'm so happy about that. Something I've kind of noticed this season though, is, you know Mookie obviously had hasn't really been the same this season. You know, he's you know, I know this last month he's he hasn't had the bada bats, but in general, you know, he still gets on base you know, he still gets some hits, but the main thing is there hasn't been as much power on the bat. So with that in mind, I'm wondering if it would be smart to kind of rearrange the lineup this This would kind of start help, you know, commence the talk of maybe rearranging that top third, maybe switching some pieces around, maybe not having Otani lead off, maybe having someone like Mokie who can still get on Dase, just doesn't have as much power to get on Das, and then having someone like Otani or Freemant back that second.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's interesting. I don't think they're gonna change it right now.
Speaker 6: I appreciate the phone call, Logan, It's something to think about moving forward. If the struggles continue for Mookie today all for fourth, the strikeout now, just hitting over two fifty on the season. I think the every day shortstop position for Mookie Betts is something that takes a toll on him. And he's not gonna say it again. He may, you know, he's he's alluded to the fact that mentally it's it's tough because you're dialed in pitch after pitch after pitch, whereas in right field maybe you can take a little time off and you don't have to think as much out there as you do as a middle infielder every single pitch of every single inning. So I do think there is something to that. Absolutely, does it mean you shake.
Speaker 3: Up the lineup?
Speaker 6: Does it mean show Heyo Tani when he pitches doesn't lead off games? You know what, there's an argument that's starting to be made that the Dodgers do switch up the lineup when show Hay starts games. I mentioned it earlier. Shoeyotani's had four at bats now in three games. He had two of them today against Seth Legal in the first and then the third, in which he let off an inning after pitching, he's zerover fourth for strikeouts. Now, he won't say it's an issue. He did it in Anaheim for six years being a two way player. So he's done it before, and he's done it for a long time. This isn't just something he's trying. This isn't an experiment that all of a sudden, Eh, let's not go with it anymore. I mean, he's done it before for years. It's new to Dodger fans and new to the Dodgers now with that being said, maybe the day he pitches, he doesn't lead off and he drops down to third or fourth in the lineup, just on those days and to give him a break.
Speaker 3: And to switch up with the lineup.
Speaker 6: I know, guys are all about routine and getting into a daily grind of what's happening in baseball.
Speaker 3: They don't like change. They want the same thing. They want repetition.
Speaker 6: They want to see their lineup every day, and they're naming the same spot in the same position.
Speaker 3: I get all that.
Speaker 6: But with months he's starting to heat up, with pot has springing the bat the way he is, maybe you can tink in the lineup a little bit more. Maybe you put Hay Sun Kim up higher in the lineup that second for speed, and you drop a guy's down a spot in the lineup.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 6: There's a lot of baseball people in that front office, that coaching staff, way smarter than us that can figure this out, look at the numbers and figure out what would be the best combination moving things around.
Speaker 3: But maybe it is something.
Speaker 6: At least on days that Otani's pitching, they switched up the lineup just a little bit to help out show Hey, when he does to go out there and pitch and then run off the bet the field and hit because he's leading off for the Dodgers eight six, six, nine eighty seven two five seventy. Let's go back out to Kansas City. Let's hear from Dodger manager Dave Roberts. A lot to weigh in on a little tough loss today to the Royals. Some positives with Otani and Freeman, but certainly not the outcome the Dodgers wanted.
Speaker 3: Let's hear from the Dodger skipper dating the context of a loss.
Speaker 7: Was it encouraging to see the way Otani pitched and the way Freddy came out of his slump?
Speaker 8: Yeah, absolutely, I think I think in the context of the loss, getting show Hey through two innings, throwing the baseball the way he did certainly a positive. And then you look at what Freddy did today on base five times, stayed the big part of the field, took some walks, so that was a big plus, big boost for us. You know, never feels good to lose a game, but I think those are a couple of silver linings.
Speaker 7: In the first two starts you talked about how a show Now.
Speaker 8: I think so and I think you can't take the competitor out of the player, right, you know, there's some a little bit of stress. And then that's when you started seeing the hundreds and trying to bully guys. And I still thought the sweeper was good, the sinker was good. But you know, no one knows himself better than he does. And so again today I thought he was still in control. And it was still good to see triple digits.
Speaker 3: He has expected one O two to be there coming off the second TJ.
Speaker 8: I didn't know two, so no, I didn't. I just saw one hundreds, So one O two I didn't expect that. So now I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that he feels good coming out of today.
Speaker 3: It was the fastest pitch of his career.
Speaker 8: Do you think do you think that was due to the adrenaline in that moment. I think there was some adrenaline. There was some knowing that you're only going to go two innings, knowing that you don't want to give up any runs. So I think all that combined, I guess, brought us to one O two.
Speaker 7: Did you mention to Freddy that he might have a day off tomorrow?
Speaker 3: And did that trigger him.
Speaker 8: I did mention it. I don't know if it triggered triggered that he looked really good today, back to being who he is. But he'll be down.
Speaker 4: Tomorrow yet anyway, even after.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm gonna we're going to stay the course. I think that I talked to him, and I think that having two days to still, you know, even tonight, to be able to sit on a good night, watch a ball game like we talked about before the game, and then you know, cheer on his teammates, be ready late if needed, and you know, get to the off day and then be ready to get home.
Speaker 4: Some of those fly balls that have dropped in and both these games kind of contributed to some of the innings they've been able to build.
Speaker 8: It's it's fair, you know. I think that it's as a as a defender, we can't be everywhere, you know. I think that if you look at our outfield construction, we're not fleet of foot, and we knew that as we built the roster, and so there's going to be some cost. And so when balls have some hang time but on the line or in the gap and we can't you know, get to them, that's part of it, and so we got to make the place that we're supposed to make. But you know, there's not a bunch of you know, sprinders on the OUTFHA. That's just kind of how we're constructed.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 6: There's a manager, Dave Roberts, Hey, he's honest, you know. Taskar Hernandez not the fastest guy in the world. Eddie Poe has not the fastest guy in the world. As he said, they're not the fleetest of foot out there in the outfield. And he's referring to a couple of balls down the right field line last night and today that just kind of dwinked in there for base hits. Taskar Hernandez tracked and down came up short trying to get them down the right field line. They fell in for a hits and they would extend innings for the Kansas City Royals today as they jumped out to a two to ninhering the lead in the third. They attacked on three more in the fifth before opening it up in the seventh inning with three runs, including a two run double for Vinnie Pascentino, who drove in five runs today for the Kansas City Royals, part of a nine to five win over the Dodgers. Seth Lugo, Yeah, the record doesn't reflect what he's done this year. And keep in mind, Seth Lugo last year is one of the top ten pitchers in baseball. Yeah, he's turned his career around after eight okay seasons in the big leagues, last two years, he's been really good in Kansas City. Five and five now on the season, lowers is Erra and it goes into the sixth inning, five and two third shutout innings, eight strikeouts today for the Royal starter as they went a nine to five show. Aotani two shutout innings, twenty seven pitches hit one hundred and two miles an hour on the radar gun, officially one on one point seven and that is the fastest pitch that he has thrown in his big league career. Ben Asparius, when four innings after Otani he gets tagged with a loss, let's wrap things up with is he and Anaheim? Is he tough loss for the Dodgers today?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Oh, but I was hoping you take me tomorrow. But I'll call him tomorrow. Yeah, it was tough, but you know what, can I can look at this this way? I ride them leave today. You know that's kind of pall come back a pretty glomle rerecord. Wait, so, yeah, it was tough to win. Leave this game. I would like dising this league, but you can win them all. So when they did so, I kind look at this if they can lead. When tomorrow, Dad, we'll come back with the role fift away, all right, is what happens.
Speaker 3: So we'll see what happens.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, we'll talk tomorrow, all.
Speaker 6: Right, is he We will talk tomorrow. I appreciate the phone call. All right, thank you?
Speaker 3: All right, bye bye? Is he called, but apparently didn't want me to put her on the air.
Speaker 6: Just wanted to listen and check in tomorrow after the series finale in Kansas City.
Speaker 3: But we spoke anyways.
Speaker 6: Dodgers with the loss don't lose too much ground in the division. The San Francisco Giants lost, so they remained six and a half games back, but they dropped a third in the division. The Padres move up a half game. They won in Cincinnati, coming from behind a win over the Red so they move up a slot now second in the standings at six games back. By the way, the Arizona Diaebacks have now lost three in a road They're playing five hundred baseball. They are a five hundred team overall. At forty one and forty one, they're ten games back in the division. Man, they continue to free fall. The Rockies continue to free fall, thirty three and a half games back.
Speaker 3: In the division.
Speaker 6: We want, you know what, I'll do everybody a favor. We are not going to mention the Rockies and the standings anymore. Let's just assume we know they're in the last place because they are so bad. Dodgers lose today in Kansas City. That's gonna do it for postgame Dodger Talk Mini. Thanks to Colin Ye, Thanks to you. Thank you for listening to be a part of the show as you make your way around town here in southern California on this Saturday afternoon early evening.
Speaker 3: Hope you enjoy your Saturday night. Wherever you're going out, whatever you're doing, be safe. Please.
Speaker 6: Dodgers will be back at it tomorrow, wrapping up this three game series. Wrapping up this six game road trip that started off with three straight wins and a sweep of the Rockies.
Speaker 3: Now the Dodgers going for the series win after.
Speaker 6: Splitting the first two games against the Royals at the KA and Kansas City Kaufman Stadium. Seth Lugo the win, Benksparius the loss. Dodgers tomorrow going with an opener, and then Justin Robleski you'll get the bulk of the innings. Chris Bubick will go for Kansas City while Morongo Casino Dodgers on Decade at All started at ten AM tomorrow on Sunday, first pitch at eleven ten till then have a great safe rest of your Saturday night. So long, everybody say