Speaker 1: Welcome everybody to the podcast.
Speaker 2: Strange Podcast.
Speaker 3: What's going on? Everybody? I'm from Jerseys.
Speaker 2: Happening, folks, what's going on? A fucking problem with dad that we're going to New freaking jay Zy today. Huh?
Speaker 3: What's up all the host heads out there in hose Headland.
Speaker 2: It's it's dangerous New Jersey from what I hear. So I'm gonna bring a weapon, my weapon and choice. I got a twee a twee a tweet.
Speaker 3: The fuck is it? You have an iced tea? I love those fucking those ice teas to twisted baby. Twisted ice teas are fucking great.
Speaker 2: Guess what I have to throw back to that dude that got knocked out in the seven to eleven with a twisted tea?
Speaker 3: Can you guess what this is? Uh?
Speaker 2: It's pussy water in ice.
Speaker 3: It's uh, it's It's been a while since I've had a straight up whiskey drink on the podcast, so I think it's about time.
Speaker 2: He drinks a whiskey drink. He drinks a Vodkas on the floor, and when he has to pee, he uses the kitchen sink.
Speaker 3: This is it. I guess started putting my booze in the background of the for the YouTube's sentinel Rye whiskey Canadian distill blended with the utmost care for the smoother richer Rye. All right, where's our boos sponsors out there?
Speaker 2: You had me at whiskey? You lost me at rye?
Speaker 3: Rye?
Speaker 2: No, I hate ry I love whiskey, I hate Rye.
Speaker 3: So everybody out there, are you ready? Got back in the gridds.
Speaker 2: I woke up this moun in. I saw the Jersey Devil is there.
Speaker 3: There's gotta be a song about the Jersey Devil.
Speaker 2: I would assume there's at least four or five folk songs about the Jersey Devil.
Speaker 3: Yes, and we are talking about the Jersey Devil. Everybody, let's get weird.
Speaker 2: I love that he has a fucking jewel.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, yes, indeed, yes, we are talking about the Jersey Devil. We're getting back into cryptids. It's exciting. Do you want Let's I guess? Uh, let me take another, let me get another sip of my whiskey, and then we'll fucking get this ship going. Can you also? Can you guess? Can you guess what I have for Chase?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Oh, you're fucking kombucha. I you're a fucking strange bird. You know that.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I just got a dick to the camp butcher. Literally every week I buy two cases of kambucha. Man. Uh, we might shop around for you know, uh, just for the fans to know, like you can still find a lot, like all of our merchanes on Tea Spring right now. But they took down my Fuck the New World Order. I designed both of them, and I put it on Tea Public and they allowed it. And I ordered myself a fuck the New World Order fucking sweater shirt and two stickers. One's going on my fucking car, just.
Speaker 2: In case Tom needed more of a reason for the cops to pull him over.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, let's get into the new Jersey Devil. Well traveling through Jersey. Beware the woods. Beware the woods. The forest is where the Jersey What the fuck is that was on my Internet? Didn't say it? The forest is where the Jersey Devil can be found with cloven hooves and dreadful claws. The Joseph Devil is for formidable foe. It's bud blood curdling scream will announce its presence and chill all viewers to its core.
Speaker 2: It's bud curdling scream, is what you just said? And uh, you know what, fuck dude, it's all curdled.
Speaker 3: Stupid good.
Speaker 2: So I heard like two different style screams. There's like one that's like it's a cat being eviscerated. Is that the guys said?
Speaker 3: I heard one guy said that that was like I was like, oh man, I and the guy I was listening one thing and it was like, it sounds like if you took a cat, stepped on its head and pulled off its.
Speaker 2: Legs and pulled its legs off.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was like, you know what that sounds like, you're you're a sick fuck. I was brand new bicycle I was.
Speaker 3: I was looking for and like, there's any audio out there of the scream or if somebody supposed to be captured it, because supposed to be they've captured big Foot scream.
Speaker 2: But there's not even any pictures of the Jersey Devil out there. The only one that they had that was close is very obviously about are you sure, well, that's what that's why you share. Yeah, let's go back to that.
Speaker 3: Please, Are you sure there's not any photos? Okay?
Speaker 2: Why are they throwing a dog with a backpack on it.
Speaker 3: It's got wings, Bro, that's a that's a goat. That's definitely a goat.
Speaker 2: That's a goat with something attached to it, and that goat has no business being in the air like that.
Speaker 3: No, why my hair? So? Yes, while traveling beyond the woods, Yes, you'll be chilled to the core by its blood curdling scream. It's like all these all these cryptids have like sort of screams, and they kind of like Bigfoot has a call that supposed to me he has where it's like, not actually like that, but what up? Mike's in the chat? We uh while recording episodes, I'll talk to you when I'm gaming, But most times, because we're putting this on YouTube, we try not to chat to the viewers too often, but it happens. Dutch is always fucking in this piece, but he's not today. So should you hear the leathery wings approach in the night? You know? To run? The Jersey Devil is known to bring misery and misfortune wherever it goes. The Jersey Devil does remind me of I'm Obama.
Speaker 2: The Jersey Devil does remind me of Michelle because she gets uh, Michael gets I mean Michelle gets really angry and her hoofs come out and his bat wings come out. I mean her bat wings come out, and she is she is, in fact, five hundred years old. I do trust Joan than the legend of those.
Speaker 3: I do trust Joan Rivers when she said that Michelle Obama is a man, and then she died about a week later after she said it, So.
Speaker 2: Hmm, I love Joan Rivers, but I'm pretty sure that was just a dick.
Speaker 3: You've never seen met that literally dick hanging out man.
Speaker 2: I can see it, I know, but I've seen I've seen the pictures of Michelle from the back where she looks all jacked and like.
Speaker 3: She got the shoulders of the man. Okay.
Speaker 2: The biggest thing is when when Obama accidentally calls her Michael like seven times, and you even see a sleepy Joe back then, like look at her going.
Speaker 3: Did anyone notice that? Did anybody catch that?
Speaker 2: I don't know, but I mean, you're a public speaker. You're gonna fuck up once in a while, and everyone's on camera all the time, so it's.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I think that you're the skeptic. I'm the conspiracy theorist. I think that it goes much deeper than we ever think it is.
Speaker 2: You know, you know what else goes much deeper than we ever think Michael Obama's.
Speaker 3: She's got that thick old dick. So yeah, it does remind me somewhat of the Mothman because it brings misery and misfortune and it's a flying creature, which supposed to me, they do get mixed up with each other too. I'm gonna start getting like some crazy fucking cryptid shit. I'm gonna just buy more shit for my shelf. Chess, like, you don't need.
Speaker 2: Any the crypt that I got a long time ago, the Mothman, little Jersey Devil.
Speaker 3: They have that. Maybe we get a sponsor one day, hey, but uh, the cryptid box or whatever. I would like to get that eventually. Chus is like, you gotta pay after your fucking visa first, and I'm like, yeah, I agree. So legend has it. Then, in seventeen thirty five, Pine's resident, known as Mother Leeds, found herself pregnant with her thirteenth for the thirteenth time. Okay, thirteenth time.
Speaker 2: That poor fucking woman keep abortion safe and legal.
Speaker 3: Leads is the name of one of the New Jersey's earliest settlers, and many descendants of the Leeds family can still be found in New Jersey today to this day. Did you ever? Did you ever watch Comic Book Men?
Speaker 2: Briefly? I did want to, Okay, before it became a show. I really don't sound like a fucking hipster dick, but I really wanted to go to jan sellobob Secret Stash feel just like only you know Kevin Smith nerds knew about it, and then that fucking show. But yeah, it seems like it's it would be an incredibly pretentious comic shop to go with.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm good, I would go. I liked this show. It was it was fun, and I love learning about how much this cost, you know, especially when it comes to comic books or toys and stuff like that. It interests me because I love collecting fucking garbage, and uh, it's pretty much this is a material object. But uh, there was an episode where like, uh, Meng Ching when it was his name, why did I say it like that his name's Meng, isn't it or something?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: And and the other Buddy and Brian and whatever their names are, but.
Speaker 2: Well, I just know that two of them are the uh suck it fan boy, you tell me today.
Speaker 3: It's It's and there's there's been, Kevin's Smith's friend forever but forever. In one of the episodes, they actually go with the Pine Barons to like look for the Jersey Devil and then to scare Ming. They fucking uh one of them dresses up and they get a guy I wanted, like this, this guy that's super knowledgeable comic books. He always comes to the store and they dress him up and they get him to do blood curling scream and they're visibly scared, especially Ming. He's like what the fuck man, and then like freaking out and it was actually quite comical.
Speaker 2: That's that's pretty good.
Speaker 3: And I did get Discovery. Plus, I'll be watching that show with Jason Mughes and Jack Osborne. I love Jack Osborne.
Speaker 2: I just watched that the other night. It was I hope it becomes a regular thing.
Speaker 3: That'll be awesome. I love Jason because he.
Speaker 2: Was a Jason Mughes was exactly who you expect him to be, which is great because every time I see him in anything, it's just like, oh no, that's just you.
Speaker 3: I met him, and he was super chill.
Speaker 2: That's what I hear. Everyone that's met him is like, no, he's an upstanding fucking dude. Smith is kind of an asshole.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I've heard that. And he's very scared.
Speaker 2: Keep crying for Disney money, you fucking cout.
Speaker 3: He's very scared of a fucking virus as a ninety nine point nine percent.
Speaker 2: But I guess he did just do covid as a thing. I guess he just lung covid as dangerous as I guess, cause heart he almost died, so I get why he was scared. He's like, I don't want to take any chances. But uh yeah, that dude had a fucking near death experience which he was killed and clone killed and clones.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, maybe you should stop being so much sugar fat ass, all right. Fucking so so, she, like mother Leads, so was to be legend. This is seventeen thirty five. Mother Leads was not living a wealthy lifestyle by any means. Uh So she got her husband to kick her in the stomach five times. I'm just joking. Her husband was a drunkard who made a few efforts to provide it his wife and his twelve children and actual lavish lifestyle. He did really nothing. He didn't do shit, really reaching to the point of absolutely uh. He was he was a dick. But so he was like, I already have twelve kids. I don't fucking need any more. He I think he probably want to stop after one. He was like, we can't afford these fucking kids as it is. After the third one, or honestly, after the sixth one, you'd be like, man, he's like one of.
Speaker 2: Dude, maybe you should stop busting a nut in your fucking wife.
Speaker 3: Though, dude, fucking kill a sheep and put it over your dick. I don't know, you know, sheepskin. Yeah, I'm yep, you know he's one of There's like that picture where it's like the dad he's got like fucking twelve children around, he's like looks like he's like staring at the shotgun and raped by the fireplace, and he's like any day now, any day so and supposed to be learning about her thirteenth child. She's like, I'm pregnant once again. And I would think by this time, by like the eighth or nine kid, it probably just slides out, probably just.
Speaker 2: Like I would imagine nothing just walks out with a fucking five o'clock shadow and a pipe that is smoking, just like, what's going on? Mother?
Speaker 3: She raised her hands to the heavens and proclaimed, what this would be the devil? So yeah, she literally wanted the child to be the devil.
Speaker 2: They just came out.
Speaker 3: I was like, helloah, Mother, like, I'm proud. The rest of you were dead to me.
Speaker 2: This is my only true child, this is my ken because the father was Sitan.
Speaker 3: Mother leads was yeah. Mother leads wend to labor. A few months later and on a very stormy night, no longer mindful of the curse, she just didn't think about the curse. She's like, all right. Months later, she's like, I didn't say that she had uttered previous regardings to her unborn child. She has forgot about what she said regarding her unborn child. Her, her children, and her husband huddled together in one room to the Leeds Point home while local midwives gathered to deliver the baby. It's like, there's seven midwives there, but like we've hired.
Speaker 2: You over the years and you and you yeah, you know why, because midwives are way better than a fucking hospital. For delivering a child. Why would you why would you take your why would you give birth to a child in places where people go to die.
Speaker 3: I had that same point to you, and I got an argument with fucking I think there's Chelsea or bailure Stone because my buddy Ras has been on the podcast way back in the day he had his his wife had a fucking home birth in the bathtub with a midwife that was super against the the clot shoddy and.
Speaker 2: It's been three years stop talking about it.
Speaker 3: And so he like, obviously Ras is super against all that stuff. So like they chose to do a home especially and it was during COVID so they probably didn't want to risk it considering being in a hospital. Like, you know, I don't like his views are kind of on part with mine, But.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, you've made your point, and he did it.
Speaker 3: I was like, I keep telling Chelse, sal was like, we should have a home birth. She's like I want, like I want the drugs, and I'm like, no, I don't want you with to have the drugs.
Speaker 2: You could. Yeah, first of all, Tom, shut the fuck up. That is not your decision. Second, my body, my.
Speaker 3: Choice, especially if it's my girlfriends. I can control your body, you fuck I control her body. I puppet her on puppet strings.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you are a traditional male, you fucking shit.
Speaker 3: Just joking everybody.
Speaker 2: Yes, everybody, love everybody.
Speaker 3: But I would rather do that just in my if I was a woman. And I can't say anything because I'm not a woman, but I would rather do it at home without the purpose of drugs like it was supposed to happen.
Speaker 2: But I'm pretty sure she can get the drugs at home.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just sorting coke and fucking shooting heroin.
Speaker 2: You wouldn't be snorting coke for that. You'd probably just take it and like rub it on the badge at that point.
Speaker 3: I don't know, you like the gummers, but on the vagina. Yes, So it's weird because they all hollered around they were ready for the baby to pop out, but all accounts the birth was routinely the same as others. The thirteenth Lee child was seemingly a normal baby boy. But the crazy thing is the crazy the strange thing. Within minutes, mother leads unholy wish from months before it began to come to fruition, the baby started to change and it metamorphosized right before their very eyes, nice rhyme. Within moments, it transferred from a beautiful newborn baby into a hideous creature unlike anything the world has ever seen, and the wailing infant began growing at an incredible rate. We're no mother gear. Oh you know scary that if this holds any validity, you know, a fucking scary that would fucking be.
Speaker 2: Do you know how proud I would be if I was that mom, I'd be like, come to me, my child, You're the only one in the world. All will perish it our heads?
Speaker 3: Is there not a horror movie that's kind of like that, or a horror s's.
Speaker 2: An X Files episode about the Jersey Devil?
Speaker 3: Is it really? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you do. It's season one, episode five. It's a spoiler alert. It's not actually about the Jersey Devil. It's about Ferald children that live in the woods, in the Pine barrens ah.
Speaker 3: And you know, the Pine Barons is pretty crazy. It's fucking huge. It's literally just a massive mass a forest.
Speaker 2: It's a it's a pine forest. That's why it's called the Pine Ship. Fucking shit else left.
Speaker 3: There a good thing that they're not destroying everything? Right, and there is yet there is a lot of weird folklore and weird stories do with the Pine Barrens. There's weird old buildings and like, like essentially it looks it looks like a forest from the Blair Witch Project. It really does. There's a lot of weird shit in the Pine Barrens and it's fucking huge. So no wonder. Like the thing is, we always talk about Bigfoot and different cryptids and stuff like that, and like could they exist and maybe we haven't found them yet because like maybe we just haven't discovered them, or they're fucking sneaky, you know, like because who knows, because Bigfoot could be out there somewhere, but you know, maybe they're just sneaking around. I am sneaky, sir, So we don't we don't really, we don't really know, right, Like I looked, I really tried to look for videos if anyone trying to capture because you always have those videos of like Bigfoot or even fucking the moth Man, and people are like, this is a real fucking footage and who knows though it's.
Speaker 2: Oh, this one's fun, it's deviant art, I think, but that one's fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a there's many artworks of the Jersey Devil out there. But who knows. We'll get it. We'll get into We'll get into the Jersey Devil, get inside him. That's what I wish he looked like the Jersey did.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it looks like that. The one on the left looks like that Burger or that McDonald's character that the mac Moon or whatever.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, it does. That's strange. So it's supposed to be. It's sprouted horns from the top of its head, and talon like claws that tore through the tips of its fingers, leathery bat like wings unfurled from its back, and its hair and feathers spread it all over the child's body. She's probably like, what's happening to my fucking child? Yes, it's eyes began.
Speaker 2: I don't know what's going on here. I completely forgot making a deal with the devil, but I got this sweet, sweet dick dumb.
Speaker 3: I wonder if she fuck it tasted like raspberries. Its eyes began glowing bright red as they grew larger into the monstrous, gnarled and snarling face. The creature savagely attacked its own mother, killing her. Then it turns its attention to the rest of the horrified onlookers who witnessed it's crazy and strange transformation. It flew at them, cawing and biting, voicing unearthly streaks. The entire shrieks the entire time. So my grandpa sound like when I put the pillow over his fucking face. What you got cancer anyway? Grandpa? Goodbye? Rest in peace, pops. It tore through the midwifes limb from limb. It just like tore every I wonder if it like fucked up its other brothers and sisters, but they're like, no, Wade.
Speaker 2: I'm your sister, help me, step devil.
Speaker 3: I'm stuck, so stupid maiming, maiming some and killing others. The monster then knocked at knocked down the door to the next room, where its own father and siblings cowered in fear. Why would you not run? And I'm playing.
Speaker 2: Where you're gonna runs? Can fly?
Speaker 3: I'm playing Corey right now. I'm streaming on Twitch, so follow me at Strange rout t TV. And there's a certain semi I don't want to ruin the game frame one because it's literally like a movie. I'm probably gonna play it twice and show Chelsea. But there's like a part where they all run in the forest alone and I'm like, where the fuck are you guys going nice? The monster then knocked down the door and killed everybody, so uh fucking crazy, and it supposed to be was killing as many as it could. It's siblings. The father, I'm sure got murdered by this devil creature murder. Those who survived to tell the tale then washed in horror as the rotten beast sprinted through the chimney and flew up got out of there. Man pulled the Santa Claus I'll be.
Speaker 4: Back next year, mavery double miss, destroying it on its way up and leaving a pile of rubble in its wake.
Speaker 3: So it went through the chimney and everything collapsed. It's like fucking three little pigs built this house.
Speaker 2: His house out of straw. Woter Prudy, I found a sweet picture of of Jersey devil fighting the big Foot.
Speaker 3: We're we've had we've had talks where, you know, shout the Patreon, We're gonna do things like serial killers versus slasher killers and like pin up serial killers against don't nobody's still my fucking idea. I've had this idea forever against like like horror movie figures and slasher film killers. But also it would be great just to shoot the ship on a patrire episode and talk about which cryptids could fight each other at who you think would win and stuff.
Speaker 2: We can do them all, but I really like the cryptodv crypto.
Speaker 3: That would be great. That would be great, all right, So.
Speaker 2: Who wins it a fight? Og Pogo versus NeSSI.
Speaker 3: Og Pogo Because it's Canadian, it says sorry the whole time, but it fucks you up.
Speaker 2: Nah, it doesn't fuck you up. It's Canadian. It's a pussy.
Speaker 3: Tell that to the Tell that to the veterans in World War two, Bud.
Speaker 2: I will let me dig him up real quick.
Speaker 3: It just flew away into the darkness, and you know, into the the desolation of the Pine Barons, where it lived ever since to this day. The creature known mostly it's mostly known as the Leads Devil, and then it turned into the Jersey Devil, which we'll get into. Claimed the Pine barrens is as its own, it's its own home. This is his fucking crib. You don't go in there unless you want to get raped by the Jersey Devil.
Speaker 2: I want to see the MTV Cribs Jersey Devil episode Welcome to Real. My pile says, it's where I gets hold the bitches. You see that.
Speaker 3: That's this is my favorite carcass. It's my little brother. I kept him just because he had fucking cephalitis. So a skull is really cool and big Chautauar mellow Heads episode.
Speaker 2: Suppose there that's my poop pie. I just keep pil and eventually I'm gonna carve a door into it when it gets nice and hot, gonna be nice.
Speaker 3: What kind of house do you think the Jersey Devil lives in.
Speaker 2: I think it lives in whatever fucking house it wants to. I think it lives at Kevin Smith's house.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's true where he uh he's she slowly fucking eats Kevin Smith till he withers away to nothing, because Kevin Smith does look like he's dying every day now.
Speaker 2: He lives on the uh, he lives on the fat that Kevin Smith lost that for going.
Speaker 3: Vegan so supposed to be terrorizes anyone who gets close enough to encounter it. And in eight the eighteenth and nineteenth century, the Jersey. The Jersey Devil was spotted sporadically throughout the pine bearing region, frightening locals of those who were brave enough to traverse through the undeveloped expansiveness of the New Jersey South southern reaches.
Speaker 2: Could you imagine getting lost in there? That'd be fucking even more terrifying than the Jersey Devil itself. That would be horrifying.
Speaker 3: It Like, you know, you relate to horror movies and stuff like that, Like obviously play a Witch Project amongst other films right where it's just like even things like Evil Dead where you don't want to get lost in the woods. It's a bat you.
Speaker 2: Don't get lost in the woods, and Evil Dead you're just stuck in a cabin getting chased by Kandari demons.
Speaker 3: But yeah, you do not want to get lost. No, Chelsea's gonna be mad when she comes home when I'm drunk, But Tom's.
Speaker 2: Gonna drink that whole bottle and face plants into the microphone. This tradition, it's not gonna happen.
Speaker 3: Look, if you really want to see some funny for all the fans, grab the Patreon and watch the fucking Satpi's Day Live special.
Speaker 2: That was Oh god, that was a blast film.
Speaker 3: I'm never getting that drunk on a live special again.
Speaker 2: The bull shit.
Speaker 3: So it is kind of crazy. So it's supposed to be if you're if you're stupid enough to go out into the pine barons to actually look for the creature, you might get fucked up by the New Jersey Devil. So unearthly whales were often reported emanating from the dock forest and the swampy bogs and the slaughter of domesticated animals who would meet the Phantom of the pines. Charlie's going out there thinking he's all chilling, like I'm gonna be friends with the devil, and then uh, and then he gets fucking murdered. The crazy dog I have is one of the mascots of the podcast. Now his name is Charles Manson. I named him after Charles Manson, of course I did. I told Charlesay's like, you can call him Charlie, and I was like, only if we can name him after Charles Manson and She's like, shut the fuck up. Fine.
Speaker 1: After the years of over the years of the legend and the Legend of the Leeds Devil grew occasionally even overstepping the boundaries of the rural pie bears to haunt and terrorize local towns, as supposedly will get into a people.
Speaker 3: I've seen this creature all over the place. Your first instinct upon hearing the words the Jersey Devil, you know, you might envision either a muscular horn behemoth with a pitchfork, or perhaps obnoxiously aggressive driver from Newark cutting you off on the w the gw Bridge, The goddamn Jersey Devil.
Speaker 2: Always fucking me over on the George Washington in the height of fucking rush hour traffic. I swear to God, I'll send you back to hail Jersey Devil.
Speaker 3: But the actual mythical beast is rather odd looking, fella. He's not what you expect, you know. As Live Science explains, I wouldn't have described the leads devil as looking like a cross between a mini kangaroo and a goat walking about on two hoofs, two hooved legs. When it isn't flapping through the sky like a night madish bat.
Speaker 2: He actually looks at a crossween Doug Ford and Justin Trudeau.
Speaker 3: Don't don't talk about those guys, man, Don't mention those fucking assholes. Okay, the ruin in my country, man, the ruin in it.
Speaker 2: You're gonna you're gonna put on a Cartman style songs like what Happened in My Country.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's gotten really downhill. I miss I miss what Canada used to be. And I'm trying not to mention so often because I know there's fans out there the whole different opinions than I do. And that's okay, That is okay.
Speaker 2: We actually really appreciate you watching this show, despite Tom's incessant rambling.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's okay that we have different opinions. That's how human nature is supposed to be. You're supposed to get along with people even though we have difference of opinions. Okay.
Speaker 2: I'm especially talking about our one friend and one fan in Montreal that that reached out to me on the last episode was like, you guys went real hard against French Canadians. It was like, iy, I don't know dick about French Canada and I'm anxious to learn. Tom on the other damn.
Speaker 3: French fucking Canadians, the goddamn Quebecians, even though they're called Quebecua, I was called Quebecians be why my one guff, buddy, my one guff. I've been to Quebec. I've been there, okay, and they yelled at us. When I was in grade seven, we went on a school trip and they screamed at us in French and I asked. I was like, what are they saying? And the teacher's like, you don't want to know. They're swearing at you. And it's just like they don't like, they don't like fucking English speaking Canadians, and they're like, fucking old, You're like a little portion of Canada. And it's the whole thing. I hope my entire beef is the signs. Okay, everywhere in fucking Canada you have to bilingual goddamn signs, but in Quebec everything is French. That's my beef. Okay, that's my fucking beef. Okay, that's my one beef with Quebec. And they're kind of ignorant, stupid.
Speaker 2: I knew that was gonna get us a solid three minutes of content.
Speaker 3: The Devil's curiously horse like head sits a top of its long neck, and its body is supposed to be on the small side, so it's got a big ass head like the what we have in the background. But yes, he's a hawsey and.
Speaker 2: That's my favorite version of the jersey devil is like the flying horse thing. Yeah, the goat one's cool and I like it, but I mean that's more in keeping with the whole like Baphomet devil diabolistic goat versus thing.
Speaker 3: And it's true.
Speaker 2: But you know, the way the whole origin of the goats and sheep thing was right, like the goats on the left sheets with sheeps on the right and the Bible no, because also like in the end of Days or whatever, it's going to be like, you know, God will put all of the sheep on his right hand meaning those are the ones that are going into have it, and all the goats on his left hand and left hand path, right hand path, but the sheet that's because goats will not be led to slaughter. Goats will fight you every step of the way. Sheep, on the other hand, will just be like.
Speaker 1: Get should read your Bible, sirs, You'll find all types of weird shit in there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly. I think the word you're looking for is dumb dumb shit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, suck. It's so true. Ah, yes, so.
Speaker 2: You know what, you know what's in the Bible giants, monsters and unicorns. You know it's not in the Bible dinosaurs.
Speaker 3: You know what? I would like to talk about the unicorns because like it would be a good episode. Technically, a cryptid in North Korea loves unicorns. Did you hear about that story? Fucking they're supposed to be.
Speaker 2: You know, the most recent thing I heard about North Korea is how uh college students are required to get a Kim jong un haircut, but men are not allowed to get a Kim jong un haircut.
Speaker 3: That makes no sense.
Speaker 2: I know, I know it's fantastic.
Speaker 3: Stupid hat because I thought I would look like a fucking guy from New Jersey.
Speaker 2: Fuck the Yankees.
Speaker 3: I don't like sports.
Speaker 2: I wear Why you wear the Yankees at you?
Speaker 3: I fucking like it? Okay?
Speaker 2: Could I saw a rapper wear.
Speaker 3: True Nero from New York and you wear that shirt all the time. I love this shirt. It's fucking dope.
Speaker 2: You like what's on my shirt?
Speaker 3: Nothing?
Speaker 2: All the viewers at home check it out.
Speaker 3: This is pure black, so usually supposed to me, it's around three feet tall, depending on what old storyteller is tugging on your ear. They might even add, you know, the long lizard like tail. Strange.
Speaker 2: It's not the usual thing that old storyteller's tug on when it comes to strange.
Speaker 3: Huh, that's fucking strange.
Speaker 2: Cringey ass bitch gross.
Speaker 3: By the time. By the way, well, some eyewitness drawings might have charmingly you know, friendly expressions. Don't believe the lies. The Jersey Devil is said to be a real fucking asshole. Well it's not. Well when it's not shrieking into your windows at night, he's just sitting on your window sell like some fuck.
Speaker 2: It's just naked and fucking streaking by, like.
Speaker 3: Those cats, Like I like, there're those cats that you hear fucking like outside in the middle of the night's like two w A. I'm like, it's like, oh my fucking I used to man there, I used to like when I lived in fucking the small little town. I used to hear these cats fuck like every other week and it was just screaming loud where I couldn't sleep in the summer because they were just going at it. Meanwhile, the fucking cat's bar penis is stuck in the other one, and I'm like it will get busy ripping apart your chicken coop and killing all your animals. It goes around like you know, the chroop of cabra, and it will destroy your livestock and kill your chickens and stuff. You know, if if it's real, not a lot of evidence in that regard, but hey, you know it's it's not. It's it's believable as much as the chuopocabra is so chup of cobbra.
Speaker 2: But there's not a goat to feast on from bay.
Speaker 3: I was gonna do the sightings in succession of years, but let's fucking do your goddamn sighting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, baby, all right. This one comes to us from Weird New Jersey by a man named Keith. Don't ever camp in the pine barons alone, not unlike tom uh blatantly ignoring the request of his Jamaican grandmother or jamacan ants never played with a Wuigi board alone, but he does it anyways.
Speaker 3: Shout that up come near Halloween, we will be recovering the Ouiji board since I delete it because.
Speaker 2: I spent a lot of time in the pie. Should I do my best Jersey? I spent a lot of time in a pine Baron's when I was growing up in New Jersey, and I have my share of strange experiences. When I was about thirteen, I went camping alone near Hampton Furnace. I had a bowl with me and went looking for a rabbit dinner. About an hour before sundown, DJ pauly D was finger blasted my asshole, so I you know it. It was a bit of a thing. It was a bit of a thing.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: Something stunted, following me back into the trees. The tailed me back to my camp and circled while I cooked my dinner. It's kept up until about two hours after the dusk, and let me tell you, it was one doc fucking night. I don't know why I went Boston, but whatever. I finally decided that my visitor had moved on and crawled into my tent. When I just started to calm down, I heard a foot stop down right behind the tent. I got all set to jump out when this thing, whatever the fuck it was, started screaming.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't compare the volume and a scream to a large trucks on. I couldn't decide what to do. I had my bow, I had my knife, I had my dick in my hand, but they didn't seem to like much. After several blasts, it just stopped. That didn't never sound except in my hot about an hour.
Speaker 2: You know, I was camping near the freeway, and it very well may have been a truck, but at the time I was blasted on my mind on crystal mess so it didn't matter. I was sure that if I stuck my head out of that tent, I'd fucking lose it. In the morning, I could find no tracks in the pine needles. To this day, I still don't like sleeping in tents. I'd rather take my chances smoking crack in the open.
Speaker 3: What that's fucking strange, man, you know, you know, uh, you know. Napoleon Bonaparte, Yeah.
Speaker 2: His brother had a Jersey double siding.
Speaker 3: Who So Napoleon Bonaparte's brother, Joseph was King of Spain, but he lost a war against England during the Peninsula War, and he stepped down from the throne. He's like, fuck something that. So where does the former king go to live without the rest of his life? And days? New Jersey?
Speaker 2: Of course, hey, why not?
Speaker 3: Actually he first moved to New York City and spent time in Philadelphia before he built a huge mansion in Bordentown, New Jersey, because it was located in between both cities. He was like, you know what, I want to go to? Fucking what's what's in Pennsylvania? And what's in Philadelphia? Other than fucking Vinnie Paz? What's there? The bell tower?
Speaker 2: Always Sonny, the Liberty Bell.
Speaker 3: The bell tower, the cracked bell, not.
Speaker 2: The bell tower? How are you fucked?
Speaker 3: Ohry? Sonny in Philadelphia is the greatest comedy show of all time. I've never seen it. You need to go watch it.
Speaker 2: I like to bang a lot of whos.
Speaker 3: I love the episode where Mac Max mom and Charlie's mom live together. It's like she hates that she smokes I. Meanwhile, Charlie's mom is probably a murderer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and don't don't Charlie, Charlie and Max's mom end up together.
Speaker 3: I don't. I don't remember that, but.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure they do.
Speaker 3: They won't keep going with that show forever, Like I've heard that, you want to just keep going. And I love Dennis. Dennis is the creepiest character to you have a grace a show.
Speaker 2: Tom, We should we should get a boat and take all of our fans out on it, and you know, they they won't say no because of the implication.
Speaker 3: They finally they hint at Max gay but never really tell you. But then he is, and it's just like, but.
Speaker 2: No, he is. They come right out on the boat episode. No, it was on the lottery episode where they went through it and never flipped back. Yeah, because the lottery together are like, you know what, Mac, you can have the ticket if you just admit your day.
Speaker 3: He's like, okay, yeah, because the train and he's like, I do, like I thought she was a girl.
Speaker 2: And it's obviously that was the that was the episode of they think Max the Cereal care. But anyways, this is not always sunny in Philadelphia podcast.
Speaker 3: We'll probably cover that on the Hoshead review, just because how great it is, Uh, shouted the patreoon. Three bucks a month, you fuckers. Uh.
Speaker 2: The mansion, lots of beautiful contents, lots coming to the mansion was very similar to the countryside of.
Speaker 3: State in France. And he manicured the gardens like he's some fucking Asian chicken a fucking parlor.
Speaker 2: And it's my Volva garden and lavish parties.
Speaker 3: And when I hear lavish parties, especially back then when it comes to Napoleon's brother, I think origies.
Speaker 2: Well, duh, what what other kind of party?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: You don't have a fucking masquerade and not have a.
Speaker 3: Fuck pop eyes wide shut, yeah.
Speaker 2: And you're just mad because you're not a part of those parties.
Speaker 3: I would do it. I'd wear a mask and be like, I don't know who knows who I'm fucking. I don't know.
Speaker 2: It was so except we're kind of easily identify everywhere.
Speaker 3: I know, and I'm these will be they'll know what I uh, what I what I like when I die, So you know, I want to if you when I die, can someone cut off my skin and just fucking like drape it over a couch or something. That'd be cool.
Speaker 2: I think you can have that done. If you have tattoos and you have enough money.
Speaker 3: Can I have taxidermy? Can I be made into a stuffed thing?
Speaker 2: I don't think taxidermain humans is like I.
Speaker 3: Always tell Chelsea I'm gonna die first. I was like, you're gonna find me on the floor dead from a heart attack one day and I was like, I want you to stuff me. Just put me in the corner with a microphore.
Speaker 2: Stuff you all right, she's gonna stuff you full of m eight. He's like you were a frog and blow your ass up.
Speaker 3: No, she's gonna stuff me. And then she's gonna I want to rig a mortis hits. My boner will pop up, stuffs out a little bit, and then she's godn'na have a good old time. Uh, it was shout out to our necrophilia episode. It was. It was so big his mansion, it had its own lake in a winding road through the forest. When he moved to New Jersey, heard about the legend of the New Jersey Devil. Time would have been the Leads Devil. Probably in the winter, he was alone in his country home and decided to go hunting in the woods on his property. He saw very strange tracks in the snow. They were unlike any animal he'd ever seen before. They look like donkey hoofs. But we're only on two feet instead of four. Well know shit, buddy. When he turned around, he saw a huge creature with a horse's head and wings and screeched and flew over his head. He told the story to everyone he knew, swearing it was true. Hey, Baddy, Baddie, Hey, Baddy, it is not Canadian story. Was he telling Anton, You're.
Speaker 2: Never gonna fucking believe what the fuck I just saw.
Speaker 3: It's funny He's in New Jersey for like a month and all of a sudden his French accent slowly turns where it's like a mix between two. Well, you know what I get.
Speaker 2: Back, I'm never gonna believe what I fucking saw. I was driving. My god, I was a fucking turn't biking back in the fucking hog.
Speaker 3: Back in the eighteen hundreds, people who lived in the middle of the pine barrens were given the nickname pine rats.
Speaker 2: That's like calling somebody a river rat that lives on the river, or we used to call it, calling them a hood rat that lives in the hood.
Speaker 3: We used to call cops that river rats. In Canada where rats are rats were cops that would drive around on motorcycles, well dirt bikes, and they would try to bust like this is how we saw them. They try to bust like uh, fucking forest parties, like.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, okay, yeah.
Speaker 3: And the one time we heard them coming and we're having this big fire in the middle of these woods and everyone was drunk and everyone like got down because it was down, like down, like a big hill, and everyone just got down, laid on the ground. It was stupid because it's probably was just some kids out there, but they do. It does happen where we're call them river rats and these cops coming like you're having a fire, you're getting drunk out here, fifteen not today.
Speaker 2: We don't like you kids having fun.
Speaker 3: So pine rats because they were often living in huts and cabins in the middle of nowhere, scavenging their supplies wherever they could find them. Today they'd call pineys. There's homeless folk, they're bums.
Speaker 2: I'd be a pretty sweet place to make camp. You can fucking just basically build a shanty out there and as long as you can get supplies and food. Who gives a fun.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna send you a necro song and it's called Bums, and it's all in the perspective of being a bum.
Speaker 2: I don't need a song to tell me what it's like to be a bum.
Speaker 3: Their kids, it's fun. It's a fun song. Yeah. The one line's like looking like Jesus and Manson mixed sleeping on a park bench or something like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you mentioned that in one of our more recent episodes.
Speaker 3: Fucking Song. So it's if you were anywhere else, they would be known as rednecks. They were the Larry Cable guy of the forest.
Speaker 2: I don't think so.
Speaker 3: The woods were filled with moonshiners, criminals on the lamb, runaway slaves, and men who deserted the draft. Basically everyone who was hiding in the wilderness from something. Guys out there hiding from his fucking step wife, his step wife. I was gonna say step mom, and I was like, you know what it would be worse a wife, a step wife. Can you have a step wife?
Speaker 2: Can you explain to me the logistics of how exactly a stepwife.
Speaker 3: You fucked your you fucked your wife's.
Speaker 2: Is that when you steal your step mom from your dad? This is my step wife.
Speaker 3: So the everyone that hide in the was hiding in the wilderness, it was even more reason to give them the rude nickname. Obviously, most pine rats were superstitious and told lots of spooky camp side campfire stories by the camp side about local legends, especially during the eighteen hundred, so it was very rare for residents to go out in the woods after dark in fear of the Jersey Devil, and like a lot of cryptids in folklore and stories, this could be something to do with like, don't go in the woods at night, kids, because the fucking boogie Man's gonna get you, so.
Speaker 2: That your kids don't get get getting lost in the woods and fucking end up getting eaten by something. The same reason the story of like the Kappa and.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the oh you know about the Kappa we got I want to dive back into.
Speaker 2: That with ka. I love Japanese like urban legends and shit, dude, those are funning.
Speaker 3: We'll dive back into that. Me and Mitch covered it way back in the day. But we'll get back to that because Japanese folklore is pretty crazy. We talked about a story of a chick out crawled through a toilet, so yeah.
Speaker 2: Then there's the spider queens that like lure men into the woods and they're like, I'm gorgeous and naked and they're like, I'm gonna eat yours.
Speaker 3: And an issue of the Atlantic Monthly, a woman named Hannah Butler was labeled as a pine rat. Hannah was drinking a strong apple sider known as the Jersey lightning. So it's like moonshine, which just a little it's.
Speaker 2: It's apple pie moonshine. Basically, yeah, they.
Speaker 3: Have that at the grocery store. Actually it's fucking.
Speaker 2: It's real apple pie moonshine, not fucking grocery store. One hundred and ten proof. It's like one hundred and sixty proof.
Speaker 3: So so she lost fear. She lost her fear at night and started walking through the forest. She was drunk. She didn't care about fear anymore, and they started to start walking through the forest. She's drunk, She's just like fuck it, like, let's see what's going on in the woods. Sure enough, the one time she decided to go out and heard the blood curling scream that became the famous famous for the Jersey Devil. She came face to face with the devil and described as having black fur and hooves, it's faced like a horse or a goat, and stood on only two legs with large leathery wings. Between the years eighteen forty to eighteen forty four, farmers reported hearing other worldly scream and screeching, knowing when they when they went outside the next morning, their sheep were slaughtered, so they hear it at night. The great movie, The Witch. That's great movie. Also creepy Woods.
Speaker 2: Did you see the remake The Witch?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: The sequel? No oh, the Vivo the Vovitch. I thought you meant the Blair Witch.
Speaker 3: Uh, the sequel people said she was those conspiracy guys I like on it, and I was like, man, I liked it.
Speaker 2: Look, Gordo has a lot of good opinions and he has a lot of other opinions that I'm like.
Speaker 3: Nah, swap castle for them. Kidd ive so dope. So you know, they would hear the screeching and they go outside the next morning and their sheep were slaughtered, just like the troop of Kaba, or like other cryptids, or completely missing. It would seem more logical it was wolves. Well, no ship dogs are coyotes attacking the sheep. But farmers apparently thought there was no logical explanation for these killings unless it was the Jersey Devil. It's like, no way, we don't funk wolves. That's not them howling at the moon at night.
Speaker 2: Those farmers just sucked their sheep to death and then had to try and make up some sort of insurance. There's no I wasn't. There's tons of that goddamn Jersey devil.
Speaker 3: There's actually tons of coyotes around me, and I hear them late at night. It's actually coyotes everywhere. Man. It's creepy because you can hear them like having like where they're close enough, or they're like having conversations. It sounds like, yeah, I heard I was fucking drunk, and I don't know if I think I was maybe on mushrooms. I think I was microdosing a little bit and I hurt and I was like I was with Charlie and I was like, come back inside before you get fucking murdered.
Speaker 2: Oh they will fuck that dog, I know.
Speaker 3: And I told you about that story right that Charlie was barking at something I couldn't see. It's scared that he was like vividly scared, and he was behind me. He was behind me, and it was like he was staring at something in the like near my house in the woods, and I was like, in the tree line. Yeah, I'm like, no, thank you. Stories like this are often too common in American Glover stories about mysterious creatures, from werewolves to aliens. It's likely that it was a wild animal hungry. However, at the time, meat was precious and taking care of livestock was a very serious undertaking. It was important. It was important for these men to make sure to keep their animals safe, otherwise the village would not have meat readily available. And now I just saw a video how they're trying to make meat from air. Okay, I saw a video and it was all over these news stations and they're trying to make meat in protein from air.
Speaker 2: You know who else made meat and protein from the air, The Jersey Devil. Let's get back on topic, Joh.
Speaker 3: Just like Pt. Barnum's Museum of Curiosity and Ripley's believe it or not, in Atlantic City, it's also in fucking Niagara Falls. So the arch Museum in Philadelphia specialized in displaying hoaxes. It spread poster around town claiming that they have captured the new Jersey Devil.
Speaker 2: Oh captain front after a terrific struggle exhibited exclusively here.
Speaker 3: So crazy swims, flies, gallops. They actually, uh, they actually took a curiosity they once had. It supposed to be an Australian vampire, which was taxidermy and a tax germy abomination. So someone who just threw together a bunch of shit claiming he was a vampire.
Speaker 2: Like the Fiji Mermaid.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, yes, this is it, the the Arch Museum.
Speaker 2: I would have loved.
Speaker 3: I love side shows, so do I shouted this out.
Speaker 2: Ripley's. Ripley's and Clifton Hill and the Guinness were two of my favorite things.
Speaker 3: Remember the criminal accessies.
Speaker 2: That and the fucking Frankenstein Berger King is a special place in my heart.
Speaker 3: So it was actually a body of a kangaroo with wings attached to it, and they rebranded it into the Jersey Devil. And at the time, Americans had not seen what kangaroos look like, so there's like so it was possible my people might have been fool because a lot of people have never seen a kangaroo. And the posters around Philadelphia they announced they caught the beast after a long struggle. Tickets were only a dime, but there were enough customers to help keep business afloat for a couple of weeks. Longer, However, the museum went bankrupt and soon enough people were tired of the beast and they had to shut their doors.
Speaker 2: It's ten cents to get in my twenty five cents to get out, and.
Speaker 3: Nineteen o nine members of the Navy were running drills at the Handover Millworks in New Jersey Pine Barrens. A Navy commander named Stephen Dickie tur claimed that he was practicing a shooting cannons. He was just practicing shooting cannons. I don't know if that's what you do on your ear. He's like, I want to be a pirate.
Speaker 2: I'm wouna practiced shooting cannus.
Speaker 3: When they spat the Jersey Devil in the distance, they claimed that they even shot the creature with the cannonball. They launched it five feet in the fucking air. According to witnesses, they saw the cannonball come in direct contact with the Jersey Devil, but yet it was still alive when.
Speaker 2: This which is crazy, because there's another instance where somebody claimed to have what was it, Bonaparte's brother claimed to have shot and killed it or something.
Speaker 3: Yes, and then it's with a gun. He claimed that he shot it and then it flew away.
Speaker 2: Oh, somebody claimed to have shot and killed it. And then it was like no, somebody hit this thing with a cannonball and it was still alive, you're full of shit.
Speaker 3: In uh nineteen twenty seven, a cow driver got a flat tire in the middle of the night in Salem City, New Jersey. There's a Salem city in New Jersey.
Speaker 2: There's a bunch of Salem's. I think Salem is something in England as well, because like that's how it is, at least with the East Coast. There's a fuck ton of stuff named after old English stuff. Yeah, because like there's Jersey in England. That's why it's New Jersey. There's York in England. That's why it's New York.
Speaker 3: We have a fucking Paris, okay in a London.
Speaker 2: So there was a Paris Texas.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I knew about that. Yeah. So and I we will get into the Salem, which trouser will happen. It won't be this year for Halloween. I have a lot of stuff coud for Halloween, so it's my favorite time.
Speaker 2: I go back to Salem so bad we're.
Speaker 3: Gonna get into I'm gona actually, let's do a whole entire book about it so I can be on point. But that's gonna be a long one. And supposedly, you know, uh, years before electricity electric street lights. Before electricity existed at least electric street lights, the street would have been extremely dark in nineteen twenty seven. And the woods of the pine barrens are surrounding this cabby. He got out of the car to change the tire, but the terrifying creature emerged from the woods and tried to attack him, screeching and screaming. Driver got back into his car, but the Jersey Devil was pounding on the rooftop of the car trying to get inside. This is scared, scared of the fucking Aside from it won't start?
Speaker 2: Is this is it?
Speaker 3: Is it not? In the time of the crink, Come on, come on, come on, come on, come on. Aside from this sounding like a scene from a horror movie, is difficult to imagine what kind of animal would attack someone unprovoked. It could have been a large owl, but unusual try to hunt prey, not cars, but usually.
Speaker 2: Trying to our Large owls known to just attack people unprovoked, like, oh, get the fuck out of here, bitch who.
Speaker 3: The tax sea driver report the incident to police, claiming he saw the new Jersey Devil. Of course, nothing came of it.
Speaker 2: Nothing came of it.
Speaker 3: In southern New Jersey. Green Tree Road is a very long street that runs through several towns. A woman named Mary Rizzle Christiansen was leaving the town of Black Wooden, heading towards Grassburrow glassborow. Do you know where that is? Is there a lot of glass there? I actually don't know where when she spotted a creature crossing the street in a rear view mirror. The animal is roughly twenty five feet away from the car. Its head was a horse and wooly. It was kind of hunched. It was wooly hunched. I don't know that's a word, like a goat. It was kind of like a goat creature, but it stood up right like a man and had a set of leathery wings. As we come to know what the New Jersey Devil, she slammed her foot on the acceleration and got out a dodge.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like you do.
Speaker 3: Strange. While this area has a lot of woods surrounding it, Green Tree Road does not actually run through the pine barans, but based on description, it does sound like the Jersey Devil, and suppose we looked like it. For people that do believe in the existence of the Jersey devil. They think the creature was born the pie barons and that that that has the ability to fly to other regions. So no, it's crazy to MENSI I'm walking, I'm out side with Charlie, and I fucking hear like I hear these like cock like like birds cawing above me, and I'm like, what the fuck? And I see three crows. One was to the side, didn't want to have anything to do with it, but there was two crows attacking another bird. I could see him in mid air flying to attack the other. It was crazy. What Chelsea about yesterday? I was like, these crows are flying in, they're hitting the other bird, hitting, and they're trying to hit it out of the air.
Speaker 2: And I was like, that's dude, that's cool, dis man. So you remember on Tuesday when I took the took a half day and I was just went and hung out in the park. So I was just sitting in my hammock under a couple of trees down down with the pond, and uh, there's a big fucking like a fisher bird. This lands on a branch above my head. And my first thought and I looked at at it and I was like please don't poop on me, mister bird. But I look up and this thing's got a little sunfish in its mouth. What Yeah, I had a little sunfish in its mouth, and I watched that thing put down. I was like, man, Nature's fucking metal nature.
Speaker 3: What do I look like someone who's gonna tell your fortune? Yes, come to me and I will read your album for five.
Speaker 2: Dollars today on Tom's racist?
Speaker 3: Going on? Why is that racist?
Speaker 2: Because you can't say gypsy anymore?
Speaker 3: I want to do a whole entire episode about Gypsies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you can't call them gypsies?
Speaker 3: Can I not call the episode gypsies? History of Gypsy's? They say it fucking piggy blinders?
Speaker 4: What can I say?
Speaker 3: What am I supposed to call them? Okay? I want to do entire history about Gypsies and I can't call them gypsies.
Speaker 2: You're supposed to? Uh?
Speaker 3: If I get it?
Speaker 2: If I get a gypsy on my screen, I have the preferred name for gypsies and I can't pronounce it's If you can pronounce.
Speaker 3: It, great, that's Do bats have dips that big?
Speaker 2: Apparently? So I don't know. I was looking up because one of the for our listeners out there. That was just a bat with a giant heart on for some reason, but no here, So I was looking up other explanations for the Jersey devil. Go ahead and bring this one. The hammerhead bat. That's the cutest thing in the world.
Speaker 3: We're there's some One of the explanations is that it could be a different creature, Like, where's it called the hammerhead bat?
Speaker 2: The hammerhead bat? Yeah, just just google for a listeners, google hammerhead bats.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: The one that I was looking at was duck duck go, that's the one. We'll find, the one with the bat penis.
Speaker 3: But they're super cy and they're they're they're really cute. But the thing is they only exist in Africa, so it would be weird. But at the same time, you have things like how people bring over animals and have them as pets and stuff like that, and then they get released into the wild. Look at Florida, Okay, they got fu.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a huge reticulated python problem in Florida right now for that exact reason. That's why there's a handful of like jaguars and jungle cats that have gotten released into Florida too. And since Florida is essentially tropical in a lot of ways.
Speaker 3: It can survive, It's true, until it goes underwater because the Japanese have a bomb underneath it, like supposed to be. America put bombs underneath Japan. Bye one the war. He hasn't listened to this, he's too busy. The Warrington State Forest a smack dab in the middle of the pine beards and it contains the bats, the bats bats Toe village. Have you ever heard this? The Bat's two village? It spelled bats two, The Bat's two village, which has been in tax since the seventeen hundreds, eight the nine. In nineteen eighteen, god damn it. And nineteen eighty the chief forest ranger named Alan McFarlane was called out by this South Jersey farm near Warrington State Forage. The forest. The entire pack of the farmer's pigs have been brutally slaughtered in the middle of the night, which is weird. The back of the pig's head very much. The back of the pig's head had been eaten eating. Is that fucked? That's metal as something was perched on its back and ate their brains out. Okay, that's fucking weird.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 3: Their backs have been scratched. But whatever killed the pigs that left the rest of the body alone and moved to the next animal of the pack. So he had a bunch of animals that had their brains eaten out the back of their fucking head.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a lot of the.
Speaker 3: That's fucking scary. Whatever.
Speaker 2: That's like. What's like the the exsanguinated cows in crop and stuff, is this.
Speaker 3: Thing of fucking zombie brains.
Speaker 2: Might be possible?
Speaker 3: Type of attack is not normal behavior for any local animals. In all the years of his experience, his name is Chief MacFarlane now had never seen anything like it. The site was horrifying, to say the least. The mystery has never been solved. Man. Locals believe that the only possible explanation is maybe the Jersey Devil did it.
Speaker 2: That's that's the most plausible explanation that we got, is that it was the Jersey Devil.
Speaker 3: Fran Coppola.
Speaker 2: Any related relation to Nicholas Curry.
Speaker 3: Now Frank Coppola, the owner of the Smith's Inn, walked outside one night to put his restaurant's trash in the cans behind the inn. She looked up and saw the shadow. Who the fuck names the kid Fran anymore?
Speaker 2: That was a while ago, wouldn't it.
Speaker 3: Yeah? But still I like may Bell Fran fucking Gislane Gizlane twelve or twenty years for trafficking children.
Speaker 2: Wait she got twenty years yep yep r. Kelly got thirty.
Speaker 3: Yeah uh, and all the people in power got their names stricken out. Every connection to the Epstein Island was stricken out for people to know that how deep conspiracies really fucking go.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, back to the Jersey Devil.
Speaker 3: So she sees the shadowy wind creature looming over her. She felt calm. Though this is crazy, this is one of the crazy stories. She felt calm and to her instead of running away, she actually continued to stare at it, kind of like what I would do until it murdered me. But I'm the type of person that will just like I'll stare, I'll stare until it murders me. I'm the type of person that has the curiosity where I have fascinate wigie boards and ghosts and cryptids and conspiracy and everything, where I'm the type of person that like, hey, I'm gonna fucking stare into the depths of the darkness of hell and then see what happens. And if I die, I die.
Speaker 2: Isn't that what Prey does, though generally stares. Yeah, Prey just gets frozen.
Speaker 3: Well, then I'll start yelling at it that how about that? What am I staring at and yell too?
Speaker 2: You're supposed to stare at it and make yourself very big.
Speaker 3: I was pulling my dick man. Ah, so so she can't. For whatever reason, she felt the Jersey Devil was actually the guardian of Smithville and protecting it like some sort of guardian angel rather than to attack patrons. Kind of cool, Frank Cole.
Speaker 2: That's pretty cool.
Speaker 3: Frank Coppola fully admits to fully admits that she is a true believer in the New Jersey Devil, and she had been thinking about the legend the same day that she saw the shadow. But imagine that, right, Like, we're doing an episode about aliens or grays or reptilians and then I see that ship. I'm like, buddy, you're just saying hello. You're like, this guy knows what I'm about.
Speaker 2: This guy knows what's up.
Speaker 3: It was possible this could have been a figment of Coppola's imagination, but she swears it to be true and went on record in a documentary about the Jersey Devil and visitors to the Smiths and will also hear about the folklore as well. That's fucking awesome, which eventually I want to do in film for the Patreon. I want to do Haunted Walks.
Speaker 2: Well, don't tell everyone about it. Just be about it.
Speaker 3: Just be about it, all right.
Speaker 2: We're getting later to the day.
Speaker 3: Based on twenty fifteen, people claim they saw the new Jersey Devil along Route nine and Egg Harbor Jesus near the golf course, just playing golf out there like it's fucking Tiger Woods. The witness, David Black, thought there was a lama standing inside of its fence along the roadway, until it suddenly whipped out its gigantic winds and started to fly away. David Black wrapped his cell phone and tried to capture a video of the creature.
Speaker 2: The Jersey Devil comes over and goes, hey, hey, you guys, is like a group of six of you. You guys mind if I play through yeah the video clip. I'm just by myself. I'll be real quickly.
Speaker 3: I've never seen this. I looked for videos about the Jersey Devil and couldn't find any.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there really aren't any. It's weird.
Speaker 3: There's always there's video footage of Bigfoot, there is some of Mothman, there's I My big fascination is a flatwood monster. Let me see a video of the dress wearing claude creature. Okay, mm hmm, he puts he puts his claws like this. Uh so it's The video clip is short, but shows that the Jersey Devil flying across the screen a black silhouette as against the colored sunset. This is a still photo of the same creature that supposed to be he had h taken.
Speaker 2: That's fucking weird.
Speaker 3: Is that a fucking weird? That's a lama. No, it's not that.
Speaker 2: That looks nothing like a lama.
Speaker 3: There's a still photo of the creature. Yeah, and it looks like a horn goat with wings that has thrown a football.
Speaker 5: It does.
Speaker 3: It does look like a creet that has a football. That's fun.
Speaker 2: Where where do you see the His arm.
Speaker 3: Is crouched in the same like I got a football. I'm ready to go.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, yeah, I don't see you. I think it looks like football, but I just see it like it's arm like it's cradling of football.
Speaker 3: Yeah, those fucking big ass balls, much like the troop of Cobra, the Mothman and even hydra fucking comic books. U isn't that Hydraus from.
Speaker 2: Greek mythology. It's one of the beasts. It's one of the seven trials that Hercules had to face. I think it's the first one.
Speaker 3: Actually, the third one was Dix in the mouth and he's like, I got a garble as much as I can.
Speaker 2: Uh No, that's the easiest one to do.
Speaker 3: Jersey Devil's true origia may never be found in the animal Kde mccorryn to Cape Bell Bay Magazine Skeptic, author of Skeptoid producer Brian dunninging Dunning certainly believes in most cases like this, a siding started to be a mistaken identification of everyday animals or something else, he said. Dunning notes, at the Jersey Devil and animals and Jersey, you know, it might be responsible for the new Jersey Devil, like, uh to get into before we get into what the New Jersey Devil may actually be. You know, there's skepticals Uh, there's skepticals. Just get the skeptics. I've tied too much whiskey.
Speaker 2: Uh, no more rye whiskey. No more whiskey. As he pours it out. When Chelsea beats your ass.
Speaker 3: I gotta go grocery shopping after this too. Oh my god, because Canada Day tomorrow as we're recording this will come out like four weeks later.
Speaker 2: But it's Canada Day tomorrow, and then it's fourth of July on Monday for us.
Speaker 3: So it is weird. And he says that it might be a sand a sand hill crane, which is the most prevalent explanation for the New Jersey Devil is it's a sand crane. And because they're big creatures, their wingspan is massive, and they do have red eyes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're they're kind of like they kind of fit the bill for what it was described as at least as close to anything that's in the area.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's get into fucking goddamn Benjamin Franklin.
Speaker 2: Benjamin motherfucking Franklin. All right about time. Oh right, so we're gonna go back. We're gonna go back. Everyone getting your time machine.
Speaker 3: Let's go back.
Speaker 2: Wait, oh right, everybody welcome to the past. So the Leeds family occupies the center of the story. But unlike they're less educated neighbors, they were not superstitious rural people. They were politically active, religious pioneers, authors and publishers. We have forgotten that the Jersey Devil legend, originally the Leeds Devil, began as a cruel taunt against them, not because of a monstrous birth, but because they have the cultural misfortune of joining the wrong side. That's right, everybody. They were scumbag Queen supporters and not the band.
Speaker 3: Yeah fuck that reptilian bitch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly. So Daniels came to America in sixteen seventy seven and settled in Burlington. He published an almanac and was promptly attacked by his Quaker neighbors over his use of astrology in its. Quakers being a devoutly religious subsect of Christianity. They're some of the only groups of people that are allowed to be excluded from the draft as conscientious objectors because they are fundamentally non violent. They practice the non violence spoken of by the jail.
Speaker 3: And now you have him on a box oatmeal. But we can't keep Jemima.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because they're they're Quakers. It's not a harmful stereotype. It's just a Quaker. Most of the Amish are actually descended from Dutch Quakers and German Quakers.
Speaker 3: I would like to patrion episode Amish people.
Speaker 2: That'd be weird anyways. So he was despite also being a Quaker. The others called him evil and accused him of practicing witchcraft. Annoyed by his treatment at the hands of his peers, he satirized the Quakers in a series of books. His work constedtitutes the earliest printing in the Garden State and some of the earliest political attack literature in America. His satirical writings and accusations of hypocrisy against the rival Quakers so outraged them that they took to calling Daniel Satan's Harbinger. To make matters worse, Leeds supported the first royal governor of New Jersey, the infamous Lord Cornbury.
Speaker 3: I'm Lord Cornberry, Lor Corberry.
Speaker 2: Lord he was. Lord Cornberry was accused of being loose with the colonies taxes, as well as having an affinity for fashionable ladies wear. What I removed? I removed the problematic language from this.
Speaker 3: Tell me what they say it originally.
Speaker 2: Called Macross Dresser. Eventually Daniel's son, Titan Leeds, took over running the Almanac and ran a foul of a young Benjamin Franklin. The then up and coming young Franklin was angling to make a name for himself as a publisher and as a publicity stunt. Franklin, in the guise of Poor Richard Poor Richard Saunders, claimed that the astrological calculation showed that Titan Leads would meet his end in seventeen thirty three, and when the prediction didn't pan out, Leads called Franklin a fool and a liar. You goddamn fool and a liar and a fucking liar. Franklin never won to miss a chance for verbal fisticuffs. Franklin stated that since Titan Leads had died, his ghost must be the one be the one voicing his uh, his anger.
Speaker 3: I want to brawluff.
Speaker 2: Well, Leeds was a Leads was a Quaker. So remember they're not violent. So he just like talking shit.
Speaker 3: So if you tried to himself the bugs bunny thing, or if you put a you know, you slap him with the glove, He's not going to fight back.
Speaker 2: Correct. They practiced the turn the other cheek.
Speaker 3: Turn the other cheek, and then slap it with my dick.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So when Leads tried to defend himself, Franklin, stone faced and armed with his trademark Wit, argued that Leads had been resurrected from the dead. The plan went off without a hitch, and Poor Richard's almanac became famous and the go to almanac for all farmers. It left the pioneering Leeds Almanac, one that had come almost you know, eighty years prior, to fade into obscurity. Titan Leeds actually died in seventeen thirty eight, and his revolutionary fervor grew in the mid eighteenth century, and Americans looked for targets to point their anti British feelings. The Leeds family made easy targets. They had.
Speaker 3: He fucking died not long after Benjamin Franklin said he might five years. Yeah, it's like it's still five years obviously, like back in the days.
Speaker 2: Franklin forgot to carry the one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's still the fact that he's like, you're gonna die, man, fuck you? Ah, where was I?
Speaker 2: Leeds family made easy targets. They had sided with the Empire and hated and the hated Lord Cornbury, and had been accused of being dark occultist. By the time I said dark no War, the leads Devil stood as a symbol of political ridicule and the price of siding with the British Empire. Post Revolution, the legend of the Leads Devil drifted into obscurity until the early twentieth century, when a Philadelphia public relations man revived it to promote a dime museum. The museum we were talking about.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Arch Museum.
Speaker 2: The Leads Devil became the Jersey Devil and fictitious monstrous births and bumps in the pine forest night eclipse reality, a complex political animal had been transformed into a cartoonish, pedestrian and childish monster that never existed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and here is the original sketch of the Jersey Devil.
Speaker 2: He looks by the fact that there's no fucking way that they could physically support itself.
Speaker 3: You're right, it'd probably fly around like this, those legs would break. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh, you don't have to be like walking and being like.
Speaker 3: Nature is the craziest shit. No matter what if this thing is real or not, Like we have a zoo, which I'm like, I've said the story right. I went to a circus. I feel like I've said this before. I went to a circus in uh near where I live, and a circus show up and there's people protesting outside about the abuse of animals, and I agree.
Speaker 2: That circus are notorious for her.
Speaker 3: It's really bad. And then I said to the chick, Josh's like, don't do it, and I was like, I'm gonna do it. And I was like, I was like, you're protesting this. How will protest the war? And I rack in Afghanistan And this chick is like, I do that too, and I'm like, of course you do. You protest anything that they tell you to fucking protest.
Speaker 2: But it is tom, do you are you telling me that you supported the war?
Speaker 3: And I reckon, no, I'm telling her. I was like, why don't. I was like, protest the war and a racket.
Speaker 2: And then she said that she did, and you said, of course you do. You protest whatever they tell you to.
Speaker 3: I didn't actually say that. I just kind of shook my head and walked on.
Speaker 2: The truth of the matter.
Speaker 3: If you go through my instagram, the Raptilian Instagram, which I never met. Uh, but if you go like, that's where you can follow tom Kat. I have photos tho. It's going like part of me is like I like going to the circus, but I know that the treatment of animals is horrible, and I'm someone who loves animals. I do as ridiculous as I look. I I love animals, and I I'd rather see them be treated. But I I talk. I've talked to people who has who have worked at circuses, and they say that they do try their best, but at the same time, they should be in the wild.
Speaker 2: And trying your best doesn't really cut it in that fucking scenario.
Speaker 3: A lot of fun on this. You know, people on YouTube and Twitch, you really get the rock cuts. The audio won't hear as as much as we actually rant or banter. But I love cryptids. Every time I get to cryptids, it's it's so fun to get into cryptids because it's it's most likely unbelieved. But I'm a person who believes in the like, not the latter. I believe in the low totem pole. I believe things exist that we don't know of. I believe that there's weird shit going on all the time. And I'm a believer that we won't know toward dead like that there is. I've seen strange shit for myself, So I don't discount people that have seen weird stuff, Like I don't discount if someone's if they swear they've seen it and they're a logical, well rounded, logical person, I'm not gonna discount what they saw as real or not that's right.
Speaker 2: Or if they say that they saw a reptilian, Tom will literally suck your dick, so.
Speaker 3: You can you can. I don't know. That's hard to say because if you see something that's a man like creature, a womanlike creature, as we've talked about a reptilian episode, it's just like, how do you know? Really? Like I'm a believer in aliens. I'm a believer in cryptids and zoology and cryptozoology. I believe there's things that that may be in another dimension. Like I've said, there's in my opinion right Earth. In the research I've done, Earth course I look ridiculous, but Earth corresponds with all these different dimensions. And what I've heard from the research I've done is there's six hundred, six hundred different dimensions that correspond with Earth at the same time. So you and I've always said the story, how like you could have someone standing besides you, someone that is in this conversation, someone is doing or the idea right that, like everything we do offshoots into like a spiderweb.
Speaker 2: You're talking about the multiverse right now?
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, which this weekend I'm gonna watch Doctor Strange in the new movie.
Speaker 2: I wasn't referencing Marvel, but the actual you know, theory of a multiverse.
Speaker 3: But yeah, it's there's some weird shit gowing. I've also had some whiskey, so whatever.
Speaker 2: Very weel shit. And Tom is drunk once again. Ah, not yet, Welcome to Strangebruit bullshit. Not yet. You've had two big s glasses of whiskey and you slugged out of the bomb. You're right, if you're not drunk, you have a serious problem.
Speaker 3: I do have a serious problem. Marra Billy. Why are you said, just try? I'm excited for the things we got going. There's a lot of stuff coming on the Patreon that haven't hasn't even been released yet. Yeah, there's so many things that you know, the best way to support us is give us a five star rate and review on Apple podcasts and iTunes. It's the best way. But if you want right, I know we're getting a lot of Spotify listeners, so all you gotta do is just leave that five star review and wherever you listen to us, leave comments. And also I never really mentioned it, but you can email us on ww dot well Strange your podcast dot com. It does have her email linked at the very bottom. Strange your Podcast at gmail dot com. If there's anything you guys want us to get into, let us know, Like if there's something specifically that you really want to hear us talk about. There was a fan that wanted us to cover a Japanese legend about this Japanese folklore that has this creature that this butthole eats people. And we've had some strange requests which we will get into eventually. But and then guys like, I'll write.
Speaker 2: It for you.
Speaker 3: I'll write you out the episode, and I was like, fucking do it, man, and.
Speaker 2: I'll yeah, that sounds awesome, So you can.
Speaker 3: I never mentioned the email enough, but it's literally Stranger Podcast at gmail dot com. You can email us and you can tell us what you would like to hear, what you would want to be into what you would want us to cover. We were unique in the way we do things. We drink, we smoke weed, We talk about all the craziest shit that you could imagine. And there's a lot of episodes coming up, and as we slowly creep towards my favorite month is October, you will see a lot of crazy shit coming down the pipeline coming down. I wanted to cover the New Jersey Devil. It was something that is now on Patreon as one of our monsters in our cryptids episodes that like the thing it's too. With Patreon, you get episodes that were the beginning of this podcast where we were getting smashed and there's a lot of fun things coming.
Speaker 2: And uh the dark times there.
Speaker 3: It's true and appreciate everybody that tunes in, even on Twitch. Twitch is just something that we're doing that we tried out that I like playing horror games, It's like, why not stream it and see my reactions like smash my face into a microphone.
Speaker 2: So like Invader Degg and Underscore TV.
Speaker 3: Also watch.
Speaker 2: We're gonna get you to affiliate levels soon.
Speaker 3: There bummying this for a while. I want everyone I'm gonna shout out, uh, everybody, love everybody, everybody.
Speaker 2: Like you know, do the same ship now and the immortal words of Nate Dog Hey, hey, hey hey, smoke weed every day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm probably gonna microdose a little later and smoke that all right, fuck it all right, everybody, love everybody. We love you, guys. Appreciate everyone that listens, especially on the twitch. You get fucking super rock cuts.
Speaker 2: House of Trash available wherever you get your podcasts, Go support rate.
Speaker 3: It will soon be on the merch site. Because I really want a house a trash t shirt.
Speaker 2: I think this me too. I want to get some more designs made up, Bubba. We gotta fucking work on the well, work.
Speaker 3: On the designs. Able to talk to Tron who did this logo?
Speaker 2: Are beautiful or beautiful logo?
Speaker 3: Right? Well, well we're gonna talk. So we have in the works for new merch. If if people really do want the fuck the New World Order design, just talk to me. You can talk to me on Instagram at the Raptilian or Strange New podcast if you really want to sure this is fuck the New World Order and instead of like it says f u c K, but it's the U. It's Illuminati symbol burning let me know because I got it in it's it's there now, so I can't wait for my ship to come in. So I appreciate you guys. Love everybody. Everybody, love everybody, and uh yeah, I appreciate you Strange.
Speaker 4: I wonder what you would do if you have the power to dream.
Speaker 2: That's nice.
Speaker 5: Any dream you wanted to dream, you would I suppose shot out by pulling oreal witness you Christmas designed for yourself?
Speaker 3: What would be the most ecstatic light? The fast sleep?
Speaker 5: One had to be done, the bad dream happening to me running from tragedy, stuff of dramatically Scarborough.
Speaker 2: Reality is nothing but what has to be.
Speaker 5: Some of the facts we believe are probably predictable potion they massively constructed in build them minds up school kids. Trust the dollar bills, You're a foolish in the future rush human's swallen.
Speaker 2: Bills not now transmit and no one has a fucking clue of it.
Speaker 3: I'm confusing, ship, who is this? What is this? Is this an illusional a trick?
Speaker 2: It must be a Muslim trip. The earnest fucked.
Speaker 3: I now know who's done. The ship did wed this?
Speaker 5: Looking up hovering cruise ships another chief trick. Start sommoning demons with these lips as a dog.
Speaker 3: I was back in my bed, streaming as it he he slipped, hug, I have to be dead. The room goes black, that's red. As I see this shadow turned back, his heads.
Speaker 2: Start ring deep in my eyes.
Speaker 3: Then I wake, feel sleep, surprised.
Speaker 2: Take chokes O mes is a.
Speaker 3: Vibe saying no to the creeps in the sky.
Speaker 2: I played jokes like gonna make you bleed from your eyes.
Speaker 5: I just see inside your road's mind with the demon's hide.
Speaker 3: When you the phone and Nick screaming five, Why by the one that's demon nies, When.
Speaker 5: These all of you believe in nothing but lies, that doesn't come as any surprise.
Speaker 3: I'm made crowd at home.
Speaker 5: But down here ro sound and all mold, the beer and these bears, I'm gonna down the mall.
Speaker 1: Hold then, dear.
Speaker 3: Till I stop.
Speaker 5: Long round the fall. The coast is clear now, the laps putting out sprang here music pounced on the walls. Hear my music confusive and matter of rivers. Golf now in your head.
Speaker 6: Look at that dry gust when you spent your life, rush your heads, storm store till your record or a corpse. Why do we support the lies? No remorse for the course we're taken.
Speaker 5: You're forced to have been awakened from an ancient slumber.
Speaker 3: These around, these graves.
Speaker 6: I wonder as a takeshot on the podcast you Hey, you as a monster, hate the imposters, foster arrange image of yourself, done us some religion. Words won't help when you're bringing in the health for a vision from a book.
Speaker 2: On a shelf.
Speaker 3: Look at yourselves?
Speaker 2: Who the fuck are you?
Speaker 5: You're nothing new, You must be confused, You ain't shit shot, all the boos wasted and tell you wait till your face bitch, you're the ladiest news. Everybody hates you, and there's way to change your life, but it takes pain and sacrifice, and you would move over to.
Speaker 2: An advenureous dimensions.
Speaker 5: Well, there was sudden dangerous involved through really, and you could rescue princesses from dragon.
Speaker 6: And skip and go on dangerous journeys, make wonderful explosions and blow them up.
Speaker 2: Eventually get into contest with enemies. And after you've done that for some time
Speaker 1: You'll think up a new wrinkle to forget that you were dreaming so you would think it was all for real.