Speaker 1: And this episode is cool? Can I get kind of fine?
Speaker 2: What's up? Guys? Welcome to Dinner with the Healers. My name is Eric, and with me as always are my lovely wife Amanda Hi. Guys, my beautiful daughter Stella Hi, and my super handsome son Henry.
Speaker 3: Hello.
Speaker 2: If this is your first time listening to us, we are an episode by episode Blue Podcast where we watch an episode of Blue and then talk about it and the lessons we learned. Does that sound right to you, guys?
Speaker 4: It sure does.
Speaker 2: In this episode, we are rewatching season one, episode one, the Magic Xylophone and talking about how we feel about it now, three years later after we watched it the first time. And it is gonna be super fun, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's gonna be really fun.
Speaker 2: Before we do that, let's jump into the business. Be sure to check out the show description. You'll find a link to our website.
Speaker 3: Thebluey Podcast dot com, our email address Blue Podcast at gmail dot.
Speaker 2: Com, links to our social media, a link to our tea public merch store, time stamps so you can jump right to the part of the episode you're looking for, and you'll also find a link so you can sign up to listen to the show ad free via Patreon. It's just one dollar a month and it is super cool and a huge, huge thank you to our subscribers. You guys are awesome.
Speaker 4: You sure are. We cann't do this without you, guys.
Speaker 2: Speaking of things that are awesome, we just got done rewatching the magic xylophone. Yeah, he Henry, could you tell us what was going on at the beginning of this episode.
Speaker 3: At the began episode, Bandit was playing with the girls and he was playing with Blue and he was playing her like she was a piano and it was making Blue laugh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there was a lot of giggling from the girls in these early episodes. Does anybody know what song was band It playing?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: It was Rondo a la Turca by Mozart and it was the actual soundtrack of the show and the sound that Bandit was singing with his mouth, which is kind of cool. The way they combined him. It was really neat. But boy, oh boy, was it making Bluey laugh. Did we ever do stuff like that with you kids when you guys were little, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Probably nothing that you can remember offhand.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, well that was many years ago.
Speaker 4: A few that was a few years, but yeah, we definitely did.
Speaker 2: Blue kept trying to get away ladies and gentlemen. I'm terribly sorry. I didn't seem to be having a little bit of.
Speaker 3: Trouble with.
Speaker 2: Stella. Who walks in.
Speaker 3: Bingo walks in, and she says that she wants to be the piano, but Blue said that it's still her shurn. Bandit tells them that they're going to have to take turns.
Speaker 2: Taking turns can be difficult.
Speaker 3: When Blue doesn't want to stop playing Bandit says that Bingo could be the bombongos.
Speaker 2: I think she was having a lot of fun, and he was laying down a pretty cool groove. Amanda, what do you think about that?
Speaker 4: It was pretty cool and Shelly seemed to dig it too. She came in and start dancing right along with Blue.
Speaker 2: It's cool to see them all having fun together like that. We do stuff like that, don't we.
Speaker 4: We do until the kids tell us to knock it off.
Speaker 2: Are we embarrassing to you guys?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 4: Oh, you were really quick to answer.
Speaker 2: Man, she'd no hesitation there. That was pretty brutal.
Speaker 4: They especially don't like when they're with me in the grocery store or wherever. You know, stores are always playing music and I start dancing. Yeah, that's a big no.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 2: I like that. You can be such a free spirit. I think it's fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you guys can sometimes be embarrassing.
Speaker 2: Oh you just mean your mom and Stella, right, not me? Oh sure? Oh well after that, we see Bandit doing something that I feel super familiar with. He was doing leg raises with Bluey, laying on his legs like weights. And when you guys were little, I had to do that all the time, Like you would grab a hold of my leg and I would walk with you on it. I could not imagine it. Now it'd be a trip to the doctor for sure. Poor old dad, we're going to have to put him in the hospital. We see Bingo digging in the toy bind for something Amanda, and what does she find.
Speaker 4: She finds the magic xylophone. And now all she has to do is dig in the bucket and find the dinger for it so they can use it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the dinger. I thought that was really cool. Now I do want to say something really quick. One of my drummer friends, a percussion nerd, told me that that's actually not a xylophone. It's a glockenspiel, because xylophones have wooden bars and glockenspiels have metal bars, And I thought, how dare you?
Speaker 4: Well, then Fisher Price got it all wrong.
Speaker 2: I'll say that's right.
Speaker 4: Because the kids had a xylophone when they were little. Yeah, I think I still have it somewhere.
Speaker 2: Anyway, would it make you freeze if they ding? You're right, it make me freeze upstairs because I pretend like I didn't know what was going on and I wasn't coming out to have to listen to that. Well anyway, the first thing they do is ding it, and bandit freezes in place. Henry, what happens while he's frozen?
Speaker 3: When he's frozen, they put his finger up his nose and then they put his hand in a thumbs up.
Speaker 2: Yeuh. And Chili thought it was really cute. Oh look, it's just like when we first met Henry when they unfroze bandit. What did he try to do?
Speaker 3: He tried getting the xylophone, but.
Speaker 2: Then blue he froze him again. What did they do to him? Next?
Speaker 3: They got the markers and they drew a mustache on him and all other stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he had some eye makeup and Stell, what was he wearing?
Speaker 3: He was wearing a feather boa and moose antlers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he had a headband and it had some moose antlers on it. I thought those were cool. I bet when I was a kid, I would have worn those.
Speaker 4: I was wearing some yesterday at the Christmas program.
Speaker 2: That checks out. He gets outside and I love that they called him mister Mustache and he gets frozen again. At this point, Bingo is getting pretty upset. Stella, what does she tell Blue?
Speaker 3: She tells Blue that she's taking all the turns.
Speaker 2: Does it seem like Blue is hogging it?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I think she is.
Speaker 2: She definitely seems like it. Right then we see a Dalmatian walk by pushing a stroller and I wonder who it was. They don't mention any names or anything like that. And suddenly Bandit's arms are full of something. Stella, what is he holding?
Speaker 3: He's holding a bunch of stuffed animals.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a heap of them. And as Chili walks by, she has to take advantage of the situation. Amanda, what does she do to him?
Speaker 4: She plucks out a hair from like on his forehead. She said it had been driving her crazy. All day, so she was going to take the opportunity to get rid of it. And then she kisses him on the cheek and off to work. She's going to go.
Speaker 2: Bingo has to tell mom that Blue is hogging the xylophone. Henry, what does Bluie say about Bingo?
Speaker 3: Blue says that Bingo's too slowan that dad will catch her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that's the whole reason she's controlling it, right, Yeah. Chili tells him they need to figure it out or else or else? What Henry or else?
Speaker 3: That she'll take the zolophone to work with her, and she said she might as well use it on her boss.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she is going to freeze her boss if she has to take it. They're still square, and she tells them to just figure it out, but she also tells them to not be too mean to band it. Stella, what does she tell them?
Speaker 3: She tells them that they need to make sure to unfreeze him for bathroom breaks.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's pretty nice, isn't it.
Speaker 4: The least they could do, right.
Speaker 2: You would think? Yeah, Stella, They unfreeze him and take off running. Where do they go hide?
Speaker 3: They went and head under a bed.
Speaker 2: Bandit pretend like he couldn't find him, didn't he? Yeah, he did, But what was his actual plan?
Speaker 3: His actual plan was to go hide out in the hallway by their bedrooms. Whenever they walked out, he would be able to grab this eye of home and freeze them.
Speaker 2: He said, maybe they're down in the basement and they were sneaking out because they suspected he might be trying to trick him. But their own arguing with each other is what led to their downfall, Amanda, what happened?
Speaker 4: He was hiding in the doorway of like a hall closet, and so the girls are arguing, not paying attention what's going on, and he jumps down from the doorway and grabs a xylophone from them.
Speaker 6: Give you designed for till I want to see it? If idle the pheasy coping it does.
Speaker 7: Fredat it You ding dongs were too busy squabbling.
Speaker 5: Grace more, grace, grace, grace you, Oh, never mind, She'll keep I love that he calls them ding dongs, because that's what we call each other when we're being dorky, and we call our animals that all the time, don't.
Speaker 4: We, guys, Yes, we do.
Speaker 2: But he was right that they were too busy squabbling because Bluey was trying to take the xylophone from Bingo and that's what got them distract did Henry What does he end up doing to Blue?
Speaker 3: He puts a hat on Blue and says that she's a guardian home. Then he puts her in the front yard, but then he sees some marker on her, and then he goes get the host and he can spray her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he sees the marker on her fingers and assumes that it must be from some mischief and he's gonna wash it off. Stella, what does Bingo do?
Speaker 3: Bingo unfreezes Blue, but Bluie immediately tries to grab the ailes phone again, and so Bingo freezes her again.
Speaker 6: Blue, you always never take times with me. He just take a look the topes and it makes me feel sad. I will love freeze you if you promish you let me have toes too, think two times?
Speaker 2: If yes, Stella, I don't remember did we actually see Blue blank anytimes?
Speaker 4: I don't remember. I don't remember seeing her blink either.
Speaker 3: No, we didn't see it at all. That's why we didn't know what was gonna happen next.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we didn't know for sure. I thought maybe I had just missed it, but I'm glad that you noticed. So we assume Blue is frozen, just like Bandit does, Amanda. What happens?
Speaker 4: Bandit comes back with the hose and Bluie is still standing there pretending like she's a gnome frozen, and as Bandit is going to turn the hose on her, Bingo sneaks up, quietly takes the hose, folds it in half so then the water doesn't come out. And then when Bandit goes to look at the nozzle to see what's going on, Bluuie exposes that she is actually unfrozen. That Bingo and froze her, and she grabs the xylophone and she dings it to freeze Bandit, and then Bingo unclamps the hose so it starts spraying Bandit and he can't do anything because he is frozen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when the hose wouldn't spray, he looked at it to see what was going on. Henry kind of like Luke Skywalker looks in the lightsaber when Obi Wan Kenobi first gives it to him, and everybody's always like, why does he look straight in the thing? But that's what Bandit did, and that's how they got him. The girls went and sat up on the porch in the meanwhile, Henry, did you notice those birds sitting up on the line looking at Bandit? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I knowed them.
Speaker 2: What do you think they were thinking?
Speaker 3: They're probably thinking, man, I don't know what's going on, but this is funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And Bluie told Bingo to go ahead and unfreeze Dad. But what did she say?
Speaker 3: She said, I'm not gonna unfreeze him just yet. I liked the Dad water fountain.
Speaker 2: And that was the episode, right, Yeah, did we forget anything?
Speaker 3: Nope? I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what it's time for.
Speaker 4: Did we learn anything today?
Speaker 2: When we first talked about this episode over three years ago, we didn't have the format down like we do now, and we sort of talked about whether or not we learned anything. But Henry, what did we learn today?
Speaker 3: Well? I think we learned today is that sharing and taking churns is a very good thing. And if you don't take churns with other people, they won't take churns with you.
Speaker 2: That's really good. That's what Chili said, wasn't it.
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What about you, Stella?
Speaker 3: I agree? With what Henry said.
Speaker 2: Have you always been really good about taking turns with Henry, especially when you guys were younger.
Speaker 4: No, I was gonna say, be honest, but you are so never mind.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that was pretty accurate. I think you're a little better now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but like me and Henry, don't share as much stuff anymore.
Speaker 2: I noticed you try to share your chores with them. Okay, what about you, Amanda?
Speaker 4: I agree with Henry what he said. You know, it's hard for kids to learn how to share, but once they figure it out, they realize it's worthwhile. They realize that if they share, others will share with them too.
Speaker 2: I think a lot of the lessons are like that, sort of the do unto others as you would have done unto you. Right.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: One of the things I like about this, it's the very first episode of Bluie we ever saw, is the girls seem so young because there's loads of giggling. The whole time. They're just giggling and going crazy. I really like that they set the precedent that Bandit and Chili will go all in playing with them like this. I think it's really cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it is. We see that a lot in the episode's coming.
Speaker 2: Does anybody have any parting thoughts about this episode?
Speaker 3: Yes, Henry, I really like this episode. I like rewatching it because seeing how they are at the beginning of the show and seeing how they are at the end of the show, it's just one huge difference and it's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we just finished watching the very end of season three, and now we're back to three years earlier, and the kids aren't necessarily three years younger chronologically in the show, but the way they operate is definitely younger.
Speaker 4: I just thought it was fun to rewatch this episode, start at the beginning, see how young the girls are, and just hear them laughing, and see how much Dad interacts with them and plays with them, all that imagination.
Speaker 3: I think it's cool going back and watching this episode three years later. And I also like hearing the difference between their voices then and now because they sound so much younger.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it really is a big difference. Kind of like you, guys, if you listen back to the first time we talked about magic Xylophone, these kids sounded so much younger. It's wild to hear the difference. And if you guys listening, get a chance you should go back and check it out. It is really something. I like going back and seeing this episode. Knowing what we know about the Healers after watching all three seasons, it gives you a different perspective to look at them with. I think that's really neat. This was a lot of fun. Yeah, it was well, guys, we think Bluuie is awesome. And speaking of things that are awesome, Henry, what should we do next? The howl outs, Okay, listen up. Everyone has to clap and go whoa. Yeah, all right, that's awesome, got it.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 2: Like we were saying earlier, we could not do this without you, guys, the fans, and I want to start on Spotify. We got some awesome comments. We heard from Ruta, Oscar Ray who likes Henry the most, Grant Harper Angel, Calvin Alex, who's been with us practically since the first time we watched Magic Xylophone, so that's pretty cool. Yes, it is Emily, our friend, Daisy Muffin and Socks, someone who's user name is a bunch of symbols, the first of which is a star. We heard from Maybury, who had a birthday.
Speaker 4: Happy Birthday, Maybury, Happy Birthday, Maybury.
Speaker 3: Happy Birthday, Happy Birthday.
Speaker 2: We heard from Skippy Gideon Poe Anderson who's from the Philippines. Hi Anderson, Hi Anderson. We heard from Bailey who said that our podcast is great for the kids that she baby says, how cool?
Speaker 3: Is that?
Speaker 4: Nice?
Speaker 2: Yeah? We heard from Julia. Marissa said that we are the best Blue podcast. Will listen Marissa, I really appreciate that. But there are some really good Bloe podcasts out there that you guys should check out too. We heard from Hannah, who just graduated and will be in year four now in school.
Speaker 4: Congratulations Hannah, that's awesome.
Speaker 2: It is awesome. We heard from Vicente and Tony who says the girls are the best. Henry, do you agree with that?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I agree.
Speaker 2: Really, I'm shocked, guys, thank you. We got some emails. We heard from Riley who said that people tell them that at ten years old, they're too old to watch Blue, but they watch it anyway. And they asked if we could be any Blue carecharacter, who would we be?
Speaker 4: Chili I would want to be Muffin.
Speaker 3: I think I'd want to be Bingo.
Speaker 2: Oh that's sweet. I feel like I already am banded, so I guess that's who I would pick. I really like Pat though too, can't wait till we see him. We heard from Sophie. Hey, Sophie. We got an email from Lynn, who likes Amanda and Eric the best.
Speaker 4: Oh, well, thank you Lynn.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how about that Lyndon. We got a voice message from Emmy.
Speaker 8: Hi, my name's Emmie. I listen to your podcast every night. It helps to go to sleep. My favorite episode is Beside and Beau, of course, and I really like your podcast. And my favorite character for Bluie is Chili. Add I really like Stella.
Speaker 2: Bye.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Emmy. That's so sweet.
Speaker 4: Thank you for your message, Emmy. It was very great to hear from you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I like the sign and I like Unicorse both quite a bit.
Speaker 4: Who doesn't like unicors?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 2: We also got a voice message from our friend Brendan.
Speaker 9: Greetings, dinner with the Healers. This is your friend Brendan speaking to you once again. So I have a very special moment to share with you from the Blue episode Onesies.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, Chili.
Speaker 4: Oh, you couldn't have known Bingo was been honest. No, I mean, I'm sorry it's been so long.
Speaker 1: Hello, it's just hot saying you all you know, why not?
Speaker 3: Hmm.
Speaker 9: I think that was a very very lovely moment with Chili and her sister Brandy. That's so sweet. All right, I will touch you again soon, chuck it in, Bye.
Speaker 4: Bye, Brandon. Thank you for sending us your message and Onesies is one of my favorite episodes. I love how Brandy and Chili were able to get together and kind of patch up their friendship, their their relationship. And I know Brandy, she's had a rough time with things, and I can understand how she would feel being around Chili and her family, but she's kind of missed out too. And I think that after this episode, you know they're going to have a good relationship now and be together again as sisters.
Speaker 2: That is a really sweet one and I do love how they repair their relationship, but also not too much later in the sign, we see that she is expecting and that is so cool.
Speaker 4: It's so sweet. So good good job picking that one out, and a good job as always.
Speaker 2: Thank you all so much for your kind words, your comments, your messages, your emails and five star reviews. It means the world to us, It genuinely does, and we just can't possibly thank you guys enough.
Speaker 4: You are awesome, Yes you are, and we just like Eric said, we just appreciate you all so much and we're just so glad you love the show, and just thank you.
Speaker 2: Well, guys, until next time, we are out of here.
Speaker 3: Bye guys, Bye bye,