Speaker 1: And now your host for Morongo Casino Dodgers One.
Speaker 2: Tam Chase, Hi, everybody, and welcome in to Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 3: Hope you're well on this Friday night.
Speaker 2: You're Los Angeles Dodgers eighty and fifty four on the season, best record in baseball, first team to eighty wins in Baseball, first place atop the nl Wes after a seven and two homestand the Dodgers now hit the road for a four game series in Arizona against the Diamondbacks who are right on their tail. Clayton Kershaw, he gets to start in this series opener tonight from Chase Field. First pitch coming up at six forty. Between now and then, we got a lot to get to here on Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. We're gonna hear from the Dodger manager, Dave Roberts. We're gonna get you to the latest injury news. Kirsten Watson from Sports and at LA. We'll check in in just a little bit. We'll preview this pitching matchup with Zach Gallon going for the Snakes. Clayton Kershaw on the mound for the good guy David vass Santel joined us throughout the show. TV goos one on one with Freddie Freeman, who is back in the lineup tonight for the Dodgers, who come into play at eighty and fifty four overall. In just a few minutes, we'll check in out at the Gallpin Motors Broadcast Booth with Rick Monday and Tim never Well. Last night at the Ravine, the Dodgers wrapped up their homestand with a win over the Baltimore Orioles. Bobby Miller was good. Five innings, three runs, two hits, three strikeouts, walk three. He was really good for the first three to third innings, didn't give up a hit until one out in the fourth as he was cruising along. The Dodgers offense picked it up in the second inning and gave him a lead. Chris Taylor starting things off.
Speaker 4: Taylor right handed hitter, slightly open stands pull Mitch on three and two line rock left field. That's gonna drop fin twelve tighty six. T k Hernandez will score on the RBIs single bye the first day, boy, Chris Taylor, make a one another lead.
Speaker 2: Chris Taylor, how do you do RBI single? Dodgers a one nothing lead. In the fourth, they tack on more a four run inning, and it all started to thanks to Austin Barnes, the old Baltimore chop Bitch.
Speaker 3: Barnes chops it high over the third basement's head.
Speaker 5: What he is With the infield drawn in for the Orioles could make the play, both runs come around. Austin Barnes slides in safely. A two run double for Austin Barnes on a chopper to the left side of the infield, and Baltimore had everybody drawn in and Odia is not talling up and without the hops to go up and get it.
Speaker 2: So now it's three nothing Dodgers. Austin Barnes delivering with the two run double. Dodgers have three to nothing. Mooky Betts and RBI single made it four nothing Dodgers. Miguel Rohas and RBI single that made it a five nothing Dodgers lead. They scored four runs in the fourth to go up five to nothing. Bobby Miller made a mistake of in the top half of the fifth, Colton Cawser and three run home run on a three to one fastball that made it a five to three Dodgers lead, they get one back in the bottom half of the eighth inning, Tommy Edmund a sackfly that scored Austin Barnes. As the Dodgers go on and beat the Orioles last night six to three. Bobby Miller five innings, two hits, three runs. He gets the win, his second of the year. Anthony Bonda pitched the sixth inning. How about Daniel Hudson got into trouble in the seventh inning, Blake try and bailed him out with the strikeout with the bases loaded to Gunner Henderson.
Speaker 3: He come out and pitch a one, two three eighth.
Speaker 2: Evan Phillips closed it out in the ninth for his seventeenth save of the season. Dodgers take two or three from Baltimore. They go seven to two on the homestand they're the first team in baseball to get to eighty wins on this season. And now they head to Arizona for a huge four game series against the Arizona Diamondbacks. It's the last head to head meeting this season between these two teams. As the Dodgers look in their review and they see the Diamondbacks four game games back going into this four game series. It's big Clayton Kersh on the mound. This series opener, first pitch is six forty with more. Let's head out to the Gavin Mons broadcast booth in Arizona and say hello to Rick Monday and Tim Neverett.
Speaker 6: Guys, thank you very much. Tim.
Speaker 7: Here in the great indoors, it's triple digits outside beautiful inside roof will be closed pretty much all weekend here in Arizona for the four game series that most around Major League Baseball will be paying attention to as the Dodgers and Diamondbacks meet up. The Dodgers start the night with Major League Baseball's best record eighty and fifty four. They're four games up in the division over the Diamondbacks to start this series and winners of eight of their last ten and fourteen of their last nineteen. Clayton kershawt two and two three seven two ERA goes against Zach Gallen Gallon ten and six and a three six y five earn run average for the Diamondbacks, who have won seven of their last ten ball games and thirteen of their li last eighteen and tonight, Maul there is a familiar face back at first base Freddy.
Speaker 6: Freeman back in the Dodger lineup. We're gonna be.
Speaker 8: Back of that lineup in it's going to be it to seem to see what happens. Zach Allen gets a lot of chases, if you will.
Speaker 6: My chases.
Speaker 8: I'm talking about hitters who will expand the strike zone. We'll see if they're going to pitch him inside and see just how painful it might be with the fracture of the middle finger was throwing hand, they'd be on the right hand for a left handed batter. So we'll see on that end of it. It's good news to have Freeman back in this lineup, and the Dodgers understand full well. First of all, they've lost five of the nine games this year against Arizona Diamondbacks trying to close the gap, and I think Arizona's going to dig deep and trying to remember what they did last year when they came from behind wound up going in the World Series. And for Arizona, they know this is a huge, huge series.
Speaker 7: One thing that's at stake in this series is that if it is split, meaning the Dodgers win two and the Diamondbacks win too, the Diamondbacks would own the tiebreaker over the.
Speaker 8: Dodgers and Arizona comes in. Dodgers have a lot of injuries that they've had. Chris Taylor just came off the injured list last night, Austin Barnes just came off the injured list, and Arizona has a couple of guys on the injury list, including one that is absolutely wreaked havoc on the Dodgers over the last number of years, that being Christian Walker. He's not expected to be back before this series gets pushed aside. He's got an oblique issue. Gettel Marte also on the injured list with an ankle. But this Dodger club, tim they've got to come out firing on all cylinders, coming off of two out of three victories in that series just completed against the Orioles.
Speaker 7: Shoho Towny coming off an zero for five last night at Dodger Stadium, So that just means he's wanted back, closer to being due again as he makes his quest for not only forty five homers and forty five stolen bases, but he's on pace to be the first ever fifty to fifty guys.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he sets the stage very well. The Dodgers. Also, if we look at what they were able to do last night, the seventh, eighth, nine hitters and the Dodger lineup last night came up big. They had six hits between them, and they scored four of the runs against the Orioles. It's going to be Munsey, Edmund and Rojas. The bottom third of tonight's lineup.
Speaker 7: And the bottom third of the order now looks a lot different than it did about a.
Speaker 8: Month absolutely, because now you're putting a thought process with Munsie back in there. Edmund makes contact. Miguel Rojas has made some of the best contact in Major League Baseball during the season, and he's batting in the number nine spot.
Speaker 7: So the Dodgers and the Diamondbacks are gearing up for Game number one on this Labor Day weekend here in Phoenix, Arizona, Clayton Kershawn against Zach Gallon. Over one hundred and seventy thousand tickets have been sold for this series throughout the weekend. We understand there are growing to be some huge crowds here in Arizona to see the Dodgers and the d Backs tempt.
Speaker 2: All right, as we call you down to first pitch, Dodger fans, get your game day meal on. It's Shakey's Pizza Parler, one of your Shaky's Pizza Chicken, and Mojo's a thank you dot com coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, you're gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts Well, check in with Damon vess Ay. DV goes one on one with Freddie Freeman, who's back in the lineup tonight. We'll type deeper this pitching matchup, but up next to your Otani rewind An, we'll visit with Kirsten Watson from Sports and at LA. We're leading you up to first pitch on this Friday night leading into Labor Day weekend. Dodgers Diamondbacks, thanks for being with us. I'm Tim Kasis, Los Angeles Dodgers on Your network.
Speaker 1: Is Lorongo Casino, Dodgers on Dodgers on Deck, y'all on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Marongo Casino.
Speaker 2: Dodgers on Deck continues on this Friday night Marongo Casino Resort and Spy Grand Slam for good times. We're leading you up to first pitch from Arizona Dodgers Diamondbacks.
Speaker 3: First pitch set for six forty.
Speaker 1: This is the.
Speaker 2: Rewhy do just beat the Orioles last night sixty three, that's the important part. Showy Otani, you rather quiet night at the plate zero for five for mister forty forty who is getting closer and closer to be mister forty five and forty five?
Speaker 3: Oh TONI rewind.
Speaker 2: Brought to by eto inns Oyocha, Japan's number one green tea and the tea. That's showey Otani and Colin Ye both love and drink if they'll be a local DIASO Stores, Amazon and eto in dot com.
Speaker 3: That's it O e N dot com.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 2: Hey Kirson now joined sister in Chase Field and Arizona for the start of this big four game series against the Diamondbacks.
Speaker 3: Brought to my Cars for kids, the easiest way to get rid of old car.
Speaker 2: Donating today your car could be picked up tomorrow, don it now cars forkids dot Org.
Speaker 3: That's Cars with a K.
Speaker 2: They start a new series against the Diamondbacks and they get back Freddy Freeman just in time.
Speaker 9: Yeah, they really do, because like you said, this is a huge series. We know what happened last year in the postseason. We know that the Diamondbacks have been red hot literally it feels like literally and figuratively as of late. So this is a big one. Division standings are going to come into play with how these four games come through. So this is a big one for the team. So to get Freddy Freeman back in a position where he feels healthier and good to go, that is just huge for the Dodgers. Right now, he is still dealing with a fracture in his right hand in that middle finger. You know, a fracture is not gonna heal in four days, but for him to be able to take some time, take a mental reset but also a physical reset, he said, that's been really valuable for him. The biggest thing for him when it comes to his hand was just he wasn't able to go through his normal routine. We know that one he's a very routine oriented type of guy, but he likes to take a certain number about bats in the cage to get his pregame work in and while he's been nursing that fracture, he hasn't been able to do just that. Essentially, it would be like he could take ten swings and he would start to bother him. Then he had to just go straight into the game. Yesterday, he said that he was able to do his full pregame routine. For him, was a really good sign that just like he's feeling better, he's managing the pain a little bit better. He said he's going to try not to wear the splint tonight just because sometimes with the ball when he's throwing, actually how it's coming out of his hand, it was like rolling off with that splint, and he said that was kind of bothering him. So he's going to try to go without the splint, but we'll see just kind of pain management. How he feels when he's swinging the bat. That's starting to feel a little bit better. So, yes, it's still fractured. It's going to take about four to six weeks for that to truly heal. The fact that he feels well enough to be out there, to be playing again, and he's had this reset to get going, that's really all that matters right now. Because he was getting antsy, didn't know what to do. He was in the bullpen. He was like, I'm going in the keys ashline to some gamesmanship a little bit here and there. Going to the bullpenner on the seventh innings. They think I'm going to come in the game. I was like, all right, sir, everyone knows you're down, but you know, just to have some fun with it. So he's definitely ready to be back out there.
Speaker 2: Dodgers getting a healthy position player wise, pitcher wise, also trending in.
Speaker 3: A good direction.
Speaker 9: Yeah, they really are. So's when you're in Arizona you get to see a lot of the guys who are on the IL and just in general, but two of the most I think important ones You've got Yoshinobu Yamamoto. He played catch today. He's coming off of his first rehab start in which he had two scoreless innings, so that was a good sign for him. So he's actually going to be throwing a bullpen on Sunday. He'll be here with the team in Arizona, so Dave Robertson's deaf will get to keep eyes on him. And then his next rehab start is going to be on Tuesday with Oka. See the plan for that is to throw three innings and then hopefully, just depending on pitch count, he could do a fourth inning in the bullpen. Just to continue with that build up, and then they're gonna have a conversation after that outing if he can come back to the team the next one and then just kind of build up in the big leagues, or if they want to have him do another rehab start. But considering what the calendar looks like, it might be more realistic that he comes back after this next rehab start. Then you have Tyler Glass. Now he's just continuing with his throwing progression. He played catch today, He's gonna play catch tomorrow. He's just stretching out, putting himself in a good position, and then once he starts throwing a bullpen, we'll kind of have a better idea for his return. The other one, in regard to I guess bullpen arms, Bruce dark Gratorol is actually going to be taking part in a live bullpen tomorrow facing hitters. So that might really be kind of like the final step for him before because then of course rosters expand on September first, there could be a starter that comes up, but could also potentially be a reliever. So we'll see kind of what happens then, but he should be returning soon.
Speaker 3: We will see soon. No doubt about that here soon. We appreciate it.
Speaker 2: We'll check in with you after the game. Coming up here on Dodgers on deck, we'll hear from Freddie Freeman. David Bassego's one on one with the Dodger first baseman. But I'm next an injury reporting. I will hear from the manager, Dave Roberts. It's the Dodgers and Diamondbacks Big series from the Desert. First pitch at six forty. I'm Tim Kayson's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Lrongo Cassino Dodgers Hunts on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's a Dodgers and Diamondbacks started a four game series. Dodgers four games up in the NLS with eighty wins on this season. We got Zach Gallon going for the Snakes. Clayton Kershaw on the mound for the Dodgers. First pitch coming up at six forty.
Speaker 1: He's the LA Dodger injury report.
Speaker 2: Presented by UCLA Healthy official medical partner the Los Angeles Dodgers. Freddie Freeman playing through a fracture in his throwing hand. He is back in the lineup tonight. Tyler glass. Now he's throwing off flat ground. He's out the right elbow. Ten to night is Bruis Ark Gratarol is working his way back. He's gonna throw a bullfin session there in Arizona in front of the Dodgers coaching staff. Yoshinoba Yabamoto is gonna continue to throw and go on a second minor league rehab assignment coming up next week for okac.
Speaker 3: Alright, let's head back out to Chase Field in Arizona and check out the Dodgers skipper.
Speaker 6: Questions for Dave Dave?
Speaker 9: Can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 6: Can you talk about the pressure in the.
Speaker 9: Dugout with Dave Robbers as much as you've got two players who do have fractures, but their work either playing through them, their back. Does it feel like the team is at its healthiest right now? And how important is that considering September is truly around the corner now.
Speaker 6: Yes, I do.
Speaker 10: I think this is as healthy as we've been, which is really encouraging. You know, we got expanding rosters coming here September first, which is going to be another couple of players added. But yeah, just the bullpen, the starting the position players with a depth with the position players, all that stuff, and getting Freddy back in the lineup. It's fun. It was fun to write to today's lineupout it's.
Speaker 3: Pretty likely he's not in the lineup with three short days.
Speaker 10: Oh, he's a nuisance. He's he doesn't know what to do with himself. He's he's disappointed, he's not playing, he's restless, he's just sort of everywhere. So even I got win that he spent some time in the bullpen, he was in the cage, he was on the bench, So he just kind of doesn't know what to do with himself. So it's a lot easier to manage him when he's on the field.
Speaker 11: When you finished in sixteen seventeen, those team's identities are known to really rise to the occasion and have the fierceness to play in a series like this. How much are you curious to see how this group response? And do you feel like last year's sweep and then being on your heels as.
Speaker 6: Part of that pot Yes, I do.
Speaker 10: I think that's you know, I mean, you go back even the last two years, where it's been very disappointing, is certainly an understatement how it ended. And so this is sort of the scene of the crime last year, so it's very fresh in my mind. And you know, although there's some different pieces to this ball club, the same group, a lot of the same guys are still here. You know that felt the pain of last year. And this is a big series. And we all say they're all big, but you know, when you're playing a division rival that's trailing and that's on the com, it's a big series. So we got to play well. We got to win baseball games. And you know, I have every bit of confidence that we'll go out there and play good and you know, win baseball games.
Speaker 2: All right, it is a big series. Dave Roberts down the dugout bront to my Service Titan. Dave Roberts is a Titan in his own right, and he's got a plan before his team hits the field. You need one for your growing contracting business too. Let's Service Titan help you implement it. Learn more Service Titan dot com. When we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll check in with David Vaseay. So we are leading up to first pitch of Arizona Dodgers and Diamondbacks. I'm Tim Katson's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio, Nework.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on dep on your whole for the blue All season.
Speaker 2: Law Dodgers and Diamondbacks started at four game series in the Desert. Clayton Kershaw on the mound for spitch coming up at six forty the umpiring crew for Tonight's game brought to you by Fred Loyer Insurance, celebrating fifty years of providing reliable and affordable car insurance for you and your family.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim Kats on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 6: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 2: All right, DV, is there a buzz in the desert for the start of this four game series.
Speaker 6: There are a lot of fans already here at Chase Field, Tim, there is a lot of buzz in this city for Dodgers Diamondbacks showdown. I know the flagship station of the Arizona Diamondbacks was playing a montage of last year's sweep of the Dodgers in the NLDS. So yes, Phoenix is very much a bandwagon city. They have jumped off the Sun's bandwagon and have hopped on the defending National League champions bag bandwagon of the Arizona Diamondbacks. So I know it's not the playoffs, so we're still in the last couple of days of August, but certainly it does have a playoff feel to the broadcasters. And I could just tell you being on the field during betting practice, the Dodgers had a little bit higher level of focus than what I have seen all season long. So I don't think they have forgotten the fact that these Diamondbacks ended their season last year and the fact that these are four important games.
Speaker 3: But talking to.
Speaker 6: Jose Viscayino and Chris Woodward, some of the coaches on this team, they said two things. Number One, this Guyano told me, you can't look back. The Dodgers have to remember they're four games ahead of Arizona. They are not chasing Arizona. Arizona is chasing them. Number Two, Chris Woodward mentioned that the Dodgers have to have that same type of more of an edge going into these four games, and not just for the four games ten But we've talked about it the four games here, but continue to build upon that as they get closer to October.
Speaker 2: David, the Dodgers are at full strength as far as position players are concerned, how is Arizona coming into the series health wise?
Speaker 6: They're limping in. They're missing some pretty big parts to their lineups, starting with a National League MVP candidate in katl Marte, their second baseman who has thirty home runs. They're missing Dodger killer Christian Walker who was still out with an oblique strain. And we all remember last year's catcher for the Diamondbacks, Gabrielle Montero. He is not in the starting lineup either, So they are missing three big players in this series, while the Dodgers one through nine and onto their bench are as healthy as they have been all season long.
Speaker 3: In that department, David is driven by four.
Speaker 2: If there's one thing we like, it's choices, find yours With the four F one fifty game as hybrid electric tough, this mark can only be called F one fifty.
Speaker 3: What's going on with Tyler Glass? Now, David? Is this a slow process?
Speaker 8: Back?
Speaker 3: What's going on?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 6: It really is, tim and today was another step in that slow process where he was throwing from about ninety feet under the watchful eye of a handful of trainers, and Dave Roberts said that things went well. Today he was paint freeing his elbow. Not sure what else might be ailing the Dodgers six eighth starter. But right now the Dodgers are not revealing too much. And Mike I mentioned earlier corrections and retractions when it comes to the name of the Diamondbacks catcher gabrielle Moreno, how can I forget that after the big series he had last.
Speaker 2: Year towards the Dodgers last October dv but the Bozuka Bruce darn graderole. We seen him for one game and he got hurt again. How is he progressing in any shot?
Speaker 3: He could be a part of this bullpen the final five weeks.
Speaker 6: Huge, huge chance of that. He's going to throw a simulated game here in Arizona tomorrow and after that he's gonna go on a rehabits simon in Oklahoma City. Now, remember he was helped off the field in the game. You're talking about eight pitches, nine pitches in to his first appearance, and everybody thought his season was over. Well, it was downgraded from a Grade three right hand string strain to just a Grade one hamd string strain. So he definitely is feeling good about his chances to return, and that would be a huge arm to add to this Dodger bullpen, especially since Daniel Hudson appears to be running out of gas.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no doubt about that, David. You appreciate it.
Speaker 2: We'll check in with you after the just a little bit, excuse me as we lead you up to first pitch, Dodger fans and hansher listening experience. By downloading the iHeartRadio op you can listen to HD take it with you on the go your mobile device. It's all powered by Lacre Health Plan serving all Angelinos. Lacaret coming up here on Moroco Casino Dodgers on Deck, David Basay, We'll be back, of course many times. We'll talk with Rick Monday. We'll get your magical moment of the night coming up. We'll also hear from Freddie Freeman. Is Stevie goes one on one with the Dodger first baseman. Who is back in the lineup tonight Dodgers Diamondbacks first pitch of six forty. I'm Tim Katsi's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Diamondbacks on this Friday night, starting a four game set from the Desert Dodgers, four games up in the Division, Clayton Kershaw goes for the Dodgers first pitch of six forty.
Speaker 6: Who wants?
Speaker 1: It's time for the hawfe Magical Moment. Bitch Magical presented by Hawby Hot Dogs.
Speaker 2: Go back to July third, twenty nineteen, Dodge taking on the Diamondbacks. Dodgers a bunch of walkoff wins at home that year. This night belonged to Cody Bellinger.
Speaker 4: Bellinger at three forty three, twenty eight home runs, sixty nine runs batted.
Speaker 12: In the one oh flyball the right it's on its way and the Dodgers have walked off yet again.
Speaker 3: Five and second of walkoff wins.
Speaker 6: They win at five to four.
Speaker 12: They're thirty games over five hundred, a fourteen game lead in the National League West. Fifty nine and twenty nine. Bellinger's second home run of the night.
Speaker 6: It's a walk off.
Speaker 2: Coddy Bellinger at the walkoff home run in the tenth inn. He gives the Dodgers their fifth straight walkoff win at home.
Speaker 3: July third, twenty nineteen.
Speaker 2: This Hofey magical moment brought to by a Hoffey Hot Talks, a SoCal treasurer for over one hundred years. Visit hofeybrand dot com to find out where you can purch this Cramle issues.
Speaker 3: I'll be hunt off.
Speaker 2: We continue on Dodgers on Deck. We'll check out with Rick Monday leading you up to Dodgers and Diamondbacks. I'm Tim Kates's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: Is Morongo Casino, Dodgers on Dodgers on Deck, y'all on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers in the Desert is a take on the Diamondbacks start of a four game series. Clayton Kershaw, Zach gallon the pitching matchup. Dodgers Fans. Start your future to California Community College. Financial aids available to help you with tuition, books, and sometimes even the rent. It's time to take that next big step in your life. Classes can fill quickly, so enroll today and I can go to college dot com and now.
Speaker 1: Joined by David Basseying, Here's La Dodgers broadcastre and World Series Champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 6: Rick a lot of anticipation for this big four game series at Chase Field. Dodgers Diamondbacks. Can you just tell us the type of attitude you have to have to play in a series like.
Speaker 8: This, Well, this is the time of season that this is not the this is not the moment for faint of hearts, and you've got to play this game with the chip on your shoulder. Right now, Arizona's trying to close the gap. I mean, credit to them. I mean they haven't come out of nowhere. We've seen them before. Think back to last year. They came out of nowhere and they wound up being in the World Series. They're gonna play with the chip on their shoulder. They could try and push the issue tonight as much as they can. They have speed, although they're missing a couple of big guys in their lineup injured list. Dodgers are two for that matter. But this is more than just a series. Let's be honest. This is a battle. This is a battle for first place in the Western Division the National League. There's nothing that's that polite about it.
Speaker 6: Chris Woodward, who is now in a consultant with the Dodgers, was the third base coach. As you know Rick when they were going through their back to back NL championships, he said he would like to see the Dodgers. Remember this was the team that ended their season as well. You have to put all that in the same pot.
Speaker 8: Yeah, And I think if we just me down to brass Taxi being the Dodgers, they had their lunch handed to them by the areas of the time of backers and a lot of them right here in this ballpark. So it's going to be a big ground. There's going to be a big ground for all four games of this series. I mean it's going to be close to sellouts all the way around. Yeah, there'll be some Dodger fans here. That has nothing to do with what happens on the field. If we think back, I think one of the good moments, quite frankly, was when Walker Buehler was on the mound the other night in the second inning. It had very poor defense behind him. There was a mental air, there was a physical error, and when he came off the mount, he came off with an attitude, slammed his glove on the bench. I thought that delivered a message the rest of the team that's not good enough, guys, and they since that time, they have really played good. I can't say an attitude, but they played much better well tonight.
Speaker 6: Clayton Kershaw is on the mount. He was the game one starter in last year's n LDAs that went sideways in the first inning. Not a bad guy to have to set the Tonier described and you and I.
Speaker 8: Both know Clayton Kershaw, and I would imagine that there has been an burning inside of him and probably even more motivation. It was a long night for this Dodger ball club. I mean by the time we got to the rooms last night, after getting the luggage, you come in here. This is about two fifteen, two twenty in the morning. Okay, that's all well and good. Clayton Kershaw flew in yesterday evening to get a full night's rest. But I believe that there's always an imber that's burning inside at Clayton Kershaw. That's why he has the numbers career that he has that are off the charts.
Speaker 6: And you have players like keyk Hernandez Chris Taylor. Say what you will about their seasons, they were built for these type of games. I know it's not October, but these are those type of games.
Speaker 8: Yes, again, this is the time of year, you know, throw your glove on the field and expect to have a victory. But this is the time you need to play with a chip on your shoulder and say, hey, look, this is a really a good team that the Dodgers have same way to the other club. That's what they're thinking. And if to go back to last year's memory, Arizona's feed upon.
Speaker 6: That, you can't be mister nice guy in these type of games, right, Rick?
Speaker 8: No, what's the old line? Nice guys? Finished?
Speaker 6: Last? Oh, I would like to think, and well, all right, we'll go.
Speaker 8: With that, which means if that were true, you'd be dead. Last, I'm not sure one of the nicest people.
Speaker 6: In the around. Thanks. Rick, that's the nicest thing you've ever said about me.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'll get out of here.
Speaker 6: All right. Sounds good, Thanks Rick, can't wait for this pea. Thanks. We'll check in with Rick Monday and Tim Nevertt a little bit later in the show from Arizona. For now, we'll send it back to you Tim in LA.
Speaker 3: All right, Thanks a lot, guys.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Baseball brought to you by Speedy Cash, official sponsor of every LA Weekend. Find out more at Speedy Caash dot com or stopping in LA area Speedy Cash Store.
Speaker 3: Still to come here.
Speaker 2: On Dodgers on Deck, we'll get you a preview of this pitching matchup.
Speaker 1: Rick.
Speaker 2: We'll be back with Tim and get you those keys to the game right before for at pitch. But I'm next go high and tight with Freddy Freeman. That's next as we lead you up to Dodgers and Diamondbacks on this Friday night, I'm sim Kansas, Los Angeles Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 1: Network this Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunter Game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and the Diamondbacks in the Desert clakting Kershaw Zach Gallan. The pitching matchup in this series opener Dodgers four games up in the division. So go into this four game series. Dodgers Baseball presented by Children's Hospital LA. When you need the very best care for your child, go to Children's Hospital Los Angeles, right number one in California for pediatric care.
Speaker 3: Find the right doctor. It's HLA dot org.
Speaker 1: And now what will likely be vast a fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 3: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high and tight.
Speaker 6: Guess who's back. Shady's back, actually, Freddie Freeman back in the Dodgers starting lineup. Freddie, thanks a lot for the time. Appreciate it, Thank you, Thank you. David. I've always had a special place in my heart for Freddie Freeman and Slim Shady, so that's why I went with that.
Speaker 13: I don't even know how to answer that.
Speaker 1: David.
Speaker 6: Hey, it's great to see a smile on your face again. What's the last three days been like for you, because we all know you want to play.
Speaker 13: Yeah, it's been tough. I think they're getting annoyed. Yesterday I was getting restless. But yeah, I got a doc and I talked Sunday night and he called me, and obviously I didn't play the way I wanted to play last week. Try to play three things and do the best I can, give everything I got. But they thought it was best to just give me a couple of days and try and you know, get some of the pain out of there. It's still fractured. It's not like it healed in three days. But I just wasn't able to do my routine last week. It was more of I take ten to fifteen swings and try to go get him at night. So the last two days I've been able to do full routines, so been able to practice like I want to practice, So we'll see if that translates into a game but able to do what I normally do on a game day the last couple of days, so hopefully that gives me a better opportunity to help the team.
Speaker 6: What about gripping the bat, I haven't had an opportunity to ask you about that.
Speaker 13: The crazy thing is, obviously it hurts the grip of bat, not as much as it did a few days ago and last week. But the most painful thing that I wasn't realizing was throwing. That was a ten out of ten last week in pain scale. I didn't realize that swinging gripping wasn't as bad. But obviously these last few days taking it off, I didn't do anything. Obviously Monday of the day off, and in Tuesday I didn't do anything either. So we gave it two full days of no gripping and throwing, and then a little bit on Wednesday and then yesterday full day. So we'll do another full day today and hopefully everything is okay throughout the day and it's still you know, it still hurts, but it's not going to go away. It's six to eight weeks for a fracture, so but the pain is a lot less than it was last week.
Speaker 6: How do you manage in as far as trying to splint it and also make throws and grip the bat?
Speaker 13: That was the hard thing. The first game that I played with it, I had to turn a double plane almost through the bowl into left field on the turn. And it was not because it hurt the throw, is because I had this splint on. It was slipping out of that. So today I'm going to try and go with nothing, just because I don't want to throw a ball away. It's not like it hurts. It hurts the throat, but I can still control everything. It's just pain management. But I was a little worried that I will slip off the splint, So I'm going to try and take round balls and throw without it and see what the pain level is. Obviously, but if I have to splint, I'm gonna have to splin it.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 13: I just got to be able to manage this thing and get through the rest.
Speaker 6: Of the year. Freddie Freeman is our guest in front of first pitch between the Dodgers and Diamondbacks, Freddie, I don't want to try to get into your head, but how much were these last three days just as vital for a mental break because life is still going. You're still dealing with helping Max get better, Jason Hayward is no longer your teammate. How much of all that is part of the equation.
Speaker 13: I think that's what I try to take the most out of these three days. I think we all knew the finger wasn't going to be not fractured in three days. It was more of you know, life has taken a lot of toll on the last month, so I try to take as much and try to set the brain off as much as I possibly could. But you know, life is still going. You know, every day is you know, just trying to take care of Max and make sure he's okay, take care of the other boys, make sure Chelsea's okay, make sure everyone's okay. So try to put myself on the back burner in these situations. But there's a lot going on in life.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 13: I get to be here in Arizona, away from the family, but I get to play baseball, So try and be as happy as we possibly can. And you know, I try to take the mental break. You know, I'm one to fight through everything and play through everything, but sometimes life kind of lets you know that you need to take a break for a second. And you know, I don't know if it was more of the finger fracture they wanted me to give off, or just you know, the last month and a half has been pretty hard on the Freeman family. So I took the three days as much as I could. It's resting my finger, but also trying to get my mind a break too.
Speaker 6: I'm sure. Obviously balls and escape for you, Like so many guys, how much of this series is going to be a great escape to play meaningful games in September.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I mean, this is what we've set out to do. We all knew this division was gonna be tough at the start of it. Every team. You know, you can run into any team and they can play good against you. We knew that Diamonbacks went and got better than the offseason, same with the Padres. So this is what you look forward to as an athlete and the competitors to compete. And you know, I think I don't even know the standings. I think it's three or four or five games we're ahead, so big series. We got our guys going, we're getting back to full health and hopefully we've just play a good series.
Speaker 6: All right, Freddie, thanks a lot for the time. We're all very happy you're back, and for a number of different reasons, and obviously the city of Los Angeles still wrapping you and your family and their arms appreciate it.
Speaker 13: Thank you, David, very much.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 6: There he is the man. Freddie Freeman will send it back to you in the studio. Tim.
Speaker 2: Great to have Freddie Freeman back in the lineup for the Dodgers tonight, where he belongs to Dodgers Baseball's brought to by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio Broadcast. When it's game night, it's group night at shakeyas dot Com. Lead me up to first pitch on this Friday Night Dodgers and Diamondbacks.
Speaker 3: I'm next.
Speaker 2: We'll dive deep into this pitching matchup. Don't go anywhere. First pitch coming up at six forty. I'm Tim Kats's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deap on your home for the Blue All season.
Speaker 2: Log Dodgers and Diamondbacks from the Desert start of a four game series.
Speaker 3: First pitch coming up at six forty and.
Speaker 1: Now before the Dodgers hit the dining, we look at the pitching.
Speaker 2: Matchup presented by your Southern California Toyota Dealers, turn your trail dominating off roading dreams into a reality in an all new twenty twenty four Ta Coma. See your Toyota Dealer today, They make it easy. Zach Gallon on the mound, ten and six of the three sixty five ERA, twenty nine year old right hand or third round pick of the Cardinals back in twenty sixteen out of North Carolina and his major league debut with the Marlinson twenty nineteen traded at the Imbacks, where he's been ever since. An All Star a year ago, making his twenty third start this season last time out, six shoutout innings, two hits, nine strikeouts in a win against the Red Sox. And eleven home starts this year, Zach Gallon is six and three with a three to nineteen ERA and a two to forty five opponent's bating average and twelve career starts against the Dodgers one and four of a three sixty seven RORA. Clayton Kershaw on the mound for the Dodgers two and two on the year three seventy two era. The thirty six year old leftandra and future Hall of Famer in his seventeenth season wearing Dodger blue. Making his seventh start this season, coming back from offseason shoulder surgery. Last time out, five innings, five runs, nine hits in a no decision against the race a twenty two to twelve career record against Arizona and forty four starts a two seventy three career ra with two hundred and ninety four strikeouts against them. He last faced the Diamondbacks off August, the last year he win five innings, gave up three hits, one run, a home, running three walks while striking out five in a win that, of course was in the regular season. Don't want to talk about what happened in the NLDS, So it's Clayton Kershaw, Zach Gallon, Dodgers and Diamondbacks. As the Dodgers get ready for a four game series against the Snakes, Dodgers fans, and Hatcher listening and experienced by downloading the iHeartRadio app and listening in HD. It's all powered by our friends at LA Care Healthlans serving all Angelin Knows Lacare dot Org Dodgers Diamondbacks fifteen minutes away from first pitch, keys to the game. Our next I'm Tim Katson's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying yes is Marongo Casino. Dodgers on Deck on the official home of LA Dodgers, Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Diamondbacks from Arizona.
Speaker 3: Dodgers eighty wins most in Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers four games up on Arizona in the division going into this four game series. The zench Sweet Live Challenge coming Monday here on Dodgers on Deck your chance to win tickets into the Suite at Dodger Stadium, presented by His in She hand crafted sushi made fresh daily on site. Pick up delicious sushi before the game. Find us at your local supermarket near the deli counter. All right before first pitch, let's head back out to the booth the Chase Field and Arizona Rick Monday.
Speaker 7: Tim never guess Tim thanks again. We're counting it down to the first pitch tonight. The guy that'll throw at is Zach Gallon of the Diamondbacks. He's ten and six with a three six five ERA. His last four starts against the Dodgers, he's zero to two with a six fourteen ERA, allowing fifteen earned runs over twenty two innings pitch. The Dodgers have found a way to get to Gallon, but he's coming off an effort against Boston where he threw six scoreless senate.
Speaker 8: Yeah, the Dodgers saw Gallen in LA and that was on the fourth of July. Had a no decision at four innings, gave up three runs on four hits. One thing about Gallon, he keeps the ball in the ballpark. He's given up just eight home runs and no home runs if you look at the last set Evans starts that he has made on the flip side of the coin Dodgers. By the time they got to the rooms this morning, it was about two fifteen, two thirty in the morning. The one guy that had the most sleep he came over yesterday afternoon early evening. That's Clayton Kershaw, who makes career start number four hundred and twenty nine.
Speaker 7: Twenty two and twelve career against the Diamondbacks. Is Kershawn looking for a little redemption after the NLDS Game one performance last year? So Kershaw against Gallen, that's your pitching matchup as we get ready for this big weekend series in Arizona.
Speaker 6: Timp all right.
Speaker 2: It is a big series. Indeed, they're buzzing in the desert going into this one. They're expecting to sell out crowds tonight tomorrow in their capacity on Sunday afternoon and then Monday afternoon the Labor Day games.
Speaker 3: The Dodgers at eighty and fifty four, four games up in Arizona.
Speaker 2: They go into play tonight, five games up on the San Diego Padres.
Speaker 3: But the Dodgers take care of.
Speaker 2: Business, put some distance between them and this snakes and it begins tonight. Zach Gallon, Clayton Kershaw, Dodgers, Diamondbacks and enjoy everybody. I'm Tim Kates has been wrong with Casino Dodgers on deck of Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network