Speaker 1: The season of Mookie Bets continues tonight here in Milwaukee. Mookie number one, welcome back, And I'm sure it's exciting for you.
Speaker 2: Yes it is. I'm happy to be out of the house.
Speaker 3: I bet you are.
Speaker 1: What's been the last six weeks like for you to get ready, to be prepared as much as possible.
Speaker 2: Just a lot of a lot of.
Speaker 4: Baseball just I mean working out, you know, normal stuff. But I got to spend some some good quality of time with my family, something that I've never never got to do with whether since i was eighteen years old, so you know, he's good to It was good to get to see my kids for two much straight.
Speaker 3: And you also got some reps in the broadcast booth.
Speaker 4: Yeah I did, I did. I got some reps. So here in what eight nine years, i'll I maybe may have another option.
Speaker 1: MOOKI when you go from shortstop to right field, how big of a difference are the throws? Do you feel like that's going to be an adjustment for you?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: I think, uh, you know, I did played right for what nine years? Ten years straight, so that's a little more ingrained in me. But you know, I definitely appreciate appreciated the challenge that Shortstoff brought. You know, I haven't been challenged like that, and you know since I was really like eighteen nineteen years old, and so I'm I'm glad I got to fall in love with something like that and really kind of experience a dream, which is playing shortstop in the big leagues.
Speaker 1: Superstars aren't usually asked to move positions as much as you've been asked to do.
Speaker 3: Why have you been so open to.
Speaker 1: Be able to be as flexible as you have been for the team.
Speaker 4: I just want to win, the will to win, and you know, I'll do whatever it takes, and I'm confident in my abilities to play pretty much everywhere on the diamond. And so that's just kind of where it comes from, just some confidence from within.
Speaker 1: It feels like a right field and mookie bets go together like a peanut, butter and jelly. It's like one of the great baseball reunions in a long time. How much has the last few days helped you get reacquainted to your old friend out there.
Speaker 4: It's been good. It's been it's been fun. You know, it wasn't It wasn't like it has not like I hadn't been out there in forever, you know, it's been a couple of months, but uh, you know, going back out there is uh kind of like home, you know, and so I'm happy to be back.
Speaker 1: What was the conversation like between you and Dave Roberts. Dave said, you initiated this conversation about just recognizing where you're at, where the team's at. What made you pick up the phone and start that conversation.
Speaker 4: You know, I obviously want to win, right and like you said, looking at the roster, but you know, it's also those things where if you want to win, you can't really be thinking the night before about this groundball. You may get into seventh in ach, you know, and it could be bases load or whatever, and I don't.
Speaker 2: I just didn't want that anxiety on me.
Speaker 4: I'm fully confident and I believe.
Speaker 2: In myself that I can do it.
Speaker 4: But there's two guys that I know will do it, and uh so that's just really what it is. Like I'm I understand and I get it. You know, this is all new and it's a challenge, right, and you know, just trying to help the team, man, that's really all it is. And right, now, I think helping the team is going back out.
Speaker 2: The right Muki.
Speaker 1: You proved that you can do it, and you've proven to yourself that you could do a lot of things. Did you learn anything more about yourself going through that challenge and being as vulnerable as you were to everything that came with it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I learned a lot about myself.
Speaker 4: I've learned, you know, being challenged with a tall task like that the person I turned into, I didn't know who I would become, and how much it has helped me in other facets of the game, in life and whatnot. You know, being challenged there and being vulnerable there and really kind of failing a lot. I appreciate it. I appreciate it because now I know, whatever life throws at me, whatever baseball throws at me, it can't be worse than what I.
Speaker 1: Did before you got hurt. You were on your way to another MVP leading off. Is that a bigger sacrifice for us to recognize more than just going back to your old position?
Speaker 2: No? No, no, we got like that's we.
Speaker 3: Got Mookie bets here too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's different with show.
Speaker 4: Show was a generational well more than generational talent, and maybe the best player that's ever played the game, and so there's no argument for me there.
Speaker 1: All right, Mookie, Before I let you go, I wanted to let you have your shine. That's why I stayed away from the slide today.
Speaker 2: Thank you, thank you for today.
Speaker 3: Thanks a lot for the time, sir.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Mookie, Bets and right field reunited and it feels so good.