Speaker 1: All right, thanks for being with us. Finally Friday, and my name is Sandy.
Speaker 2: This is JB. Christ's here too.
Speaker 3: Hi, everybody in Texas.
Speaker 1: Seven seven three zero one ninety six hundred. Give us a follow on Facebook two search the JB and Sandy Morning Show. Did you guys happen to see that that movie about the mean dog Kujo is going to get a remaker.
Speaker 2: Or a reboot?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: No, yeah, I thought you had read it. I don't know that I really recall them.
Speaker 2: The movie? Is this the one where people were trapped in a car?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: A mom goes out to some house I don't know, to drop her kid off or pick her kid up, and they have a giant Saint Bernard named Kujo who got bit by a bat and has rabies, and he traps her in her car and tries to kill.
Speaker 3: Her, and he's killed.
Speaker 4: Like a couple of people outside of the car you've come to try and help her. It is like core memory, terrifying for me. One of the scaries.
Speaker 5: I don't think I ever saw it, but I remember it being a big deal to this day. If it's kind of a big scary dog, people will reference Kujoah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, today is a Stephen King movie.
Speaker 4: I think it's along the same lines as terrifying, like Christine, when I see old black cars, giant.
Speaker 5: Plarks, that was a Plymouth fury.
Speaker 4: Oh those are terrifying to be only because of Stephen King in that movie.
Speaker 1: How do you make a Saint Bernard terrifying? They're the biggest babies, funniest, nicest dogs.
Speaker 3: I don't get it in your face.
Speaker 5: They they'll bring you whiskey if you're trapped in the snow.
Speaker 3: Cute little bear.
Speaker 2: They could have carried so much more.
Speaker 4: They were not using their all their potential.
Speaker 2: Just the little barrel on them.
Speaker 1: That's ridiculous. Anyway, It's gonna be redone. Is that your scariest movie? Tricy said, it was like a core memory like it, You're.
Speaker 4: Still That's my first first movie that I was scared to death watching it. It was also about the time that we got HBO, And remember HBO would play the same movie like five times in a day, right, I would watch it all five times and be terrified every time I watch my movie, like like in the summer.
Speaker 1: My movie like that was the Shining I watched that over really just watched it so disappointing. First time I saw a naked woman was The Shining an adult naked woman, and it was the shower scene in that movie. And do you remember she turned into like a mud monster in the movie. Do you remember it was so gross.
Speaker 4: That's gotta mess you up a little bit, those very formative sexual years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I was all excited and then she turned into a It was gross.
Speaker 2: It was really great.
Speaker 5: We could do hours on the first people we saw naked. It's just funny.
Speaker 2: What was.
Speaker 5: It was either you know, it was probably you know, Showtime or Cinemax back then it was it was one of the two these too. It was either Angie Dickinson in a shower scene, it was an opening scene in some movie. And then another one and she looked good naked, And then there another one was Adrian Barbo.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 5: She was in a movie called The Swamp Thing, and then she did a nude scene.
Speaker 4: Really just boobies, right, They didn't do all nude back then, right.
Speaker 2: I think it was just boobies. Yeah.
Speaker 4: To mine was mine was Skinemax, Lady Chatterley's lover. When I was like eleven, Me and Lisa Boebe would have sleep you.
Speaker 5: You went a little deeper.
Speaker 4: Well, she had an older brother and so and she had Cinemax and we didn't have but we only had HBO and we'd stay up late and yeah was it?
Speaker 5: Oh and then Bo Derek and ten was one of those Oh yeah, oh my, I lost my.
Speaker 2: Mind there running on the beach thing.
Speaker 5: I oh, this is like I'm like, I remember watching just thinking life is gonna be.
Speaker 1: Girl Tricia going back to yours lady chair. Was there men and women naked or just women? No?
Speaker 4: It was I mean, like I think maybe you could see the guys butt, but they just showed the women the girls, and you know, they were in the act of love making.
Speaker 3: And I was all, what's that? It was weird. I was like, these make me feel weird. But I watched them over and over.
Speaker 1: Wasn't the wasn't the opening scene of Jaws. Wasn't she running out to the water naked too?
Speaker 3: It's like it's a silhouette. Silhouette.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that was one of the first things I saw too.
Speaker 2: That's a good one. And a lot of guys.
Speaker 1: Uh Phoebe Phoebe Kates and fast times cool cool scene rightee.
Speaker 2: By the way, Phoebe has not aged.
Speaker 4: Well, oh really, she's so freaking you want to know the first time I ever saw a guy not naked but.
Speaker 3: Happy to see other girls? You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Barton Springs Pool. Dude walking down the side walking a black speedo and I had no idea what was happening?
Speaker 3: Howld were you a core memory? Nine? Maybe Martin Springs.
Speaker 5: There used to be if you're new to Austin, there used to be a lot more openness at Barton Springs Pool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, business on.
Speaker 5: On one side, not the main side. The other side it was, Yeah, a lot of nudity back in the day.
Speaker 1: Family upfront, party in the back, right, Yeah, to keep really rain your kids in from wandering too much at Barton Springs Otherwise you were doing a lot of explaining on the way home, right, and Tricia your scarred for life? You remember that was the black The guy in the black speedo like he knew what he was doing?
Speaker 2: Right? Was he sending out a buy?
Speaker 3: I guess he was walking around in a black speeded. There was no I know.
Speaker 4: Sometimes when the launch sequence is activated at a varian unopportunity time, guys will sit for a while until it passes this guy.
Speaker 3: I feel like he was kind of showing it off.
Speaker 4: But I can tell you exactly where we were, Like it's a snapshot, core memory in my mind because I had never had no idea what was happening. I can see his brown hair, black speedo where we were on the pool, like on the.
Speaker 5: Park side, out of line.
Speaker 4: Today, I don't think I could because it wasn't it actually his face that I was looking.
Speaker 2: Trisa is going to give us the story that we love coming up. What you got?
Speaker 3: Let's talk about Southwest Airlines.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna let y'all know that I think I think they were very planning in how they rolled this out.
Speaker 3: I think we got flim flammed, is what I'm all right.
Speaker 1: Stay with us story we love coming up. It's the JB and Sandy Show on Austin's Aady station one o three point one. Trisia says Southwest Airlines may have flim flammed us the story in just a second. Don't forget hey, if you can't be here for the whole hour, grabbed the podcast version of the show. It's on the iHeartRadio app. All you had to do is search JB and sandy stories we love.
Speaker 4: Maybe the word's not flim flamms, but I am gonna say they buttered us up a little bit.
Speaker 3: Do you remember, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Three four months ago, Southwest Airlines made the announcement that they no longer were gonna have the cattle call boarding process, that you're actually going to get assigned seats to make for a more orderly boarding process, and people aren't fighting for the seats. We were all so relieved. That's one of the main reasons I didn't fly Southwest because that was super stressful for me.
Speaker 5: So go ahead, Oh, I just It's what makes it difficult too, is the uh people don't want to sit in the middle seats, so they keep going back back, and you always hear them announcing this is a full flight. You're gonna have to sit in the middle. It just slows everything.
Speaker 2: And everyone here, everyone hears that full is a full flight.
Speaker 1: If you see a middle seat, take when everyone goes, I'm gonna take my chances, not me.
Speaker 4: The other thing, too, is when you would you know, you check in twenty four hours ahead of your flight. I would have an alarm set and I'd be ready the moment it was twenty four hours ahead. I check in hoping to be in one of the A or B boarding groups.
Speaker 3: Didn't matter.
Speaker 4: I was always d or at the end, which was just stressful, especially if you travel with the kid steerage with the unwashed. Anyway, they made that announcement, I was all, heck y'all, Southwest, I will board your flights more often now. Well, they were buttering us up because they just announced that they're going to start charging for the checked bags starting this spring. There a whole thing forever has been two bags fly free, one of the only airlines, if not the only airline, that you did not have to pay to check your bags, and they've buckled going along with all the rest of the airlines.
Speaker 3: You now have to pay.
Speaker 4: They have not said how much they're going to charge it, but I think the other one's charge about thirty five dollars.
Speaker 2: I'll give you a little.
Speaker 1: Trick here about how to avoid the cost of checking your bag. Always, if you want to check your bag, you don't want to pay right, always, always, all, always take it to the gate with you, because ninety nine times out of one hundred they will ask people to check their bags at the gate, and it is free to check it at.
Speaker 2: The gate, so you know you're gonna check it.
Speaker 1: You want to check it, you don't want to pay, take it to the gate, and I promise you they'll make an announcement that you know, all of our overhead stuff is going to be full. If you want to check your bag, you can check it for free and we'll get it to your final destination. Do that and you save yourself. I mean whatever, the cost is twenty five thirty bucks.
Speaker 4: So but didn't I just make all the people who did have to pay to check their bag angry?
Speaker 3: Isn't that just starting a fight?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Sorry about your luck? I mean, it is what it is. I do it all the time. I hate carrying on too many bags. I would like to walk on the airplane with nothing at all, like just to close on my back and a coffee.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what to me.
Speaker 1: When I see someone doing that, I'm are like, that's that is a pimp. He's winning, Yeah, winning exactly.
Speaker 4: You want to know what they're CEO said about starting to charge and I'm like, wow, way to be blunt about this, But also thank you for not trying to trick us and make us think it's any other reason that you're doing this. He said, they're ditching the free bags because, quote, we need to return to the levels of profit profitability that we and our shareholders expect.
Speaker 2: That's exactly right.
Speaker 3: We need to we need to start making more money we expect to make.
Speaker 5: Think it depends on what status you have, too, Like if you have a business class ticket, I think you still get the.
Speaker 2: Free bag or two.
Speaker 4: Yeah, frequent flyers in business classes, which is funny.
Speaker 5: The idea of business class on a Southwest like really is what does that mean? It's just a more expensive ticket. But then, like I'm looking on Southwest airlines, I'm considered a list preferred. I don't know why, but I think I can still check a bag. I was reading about it too, because I sometimes I travel with a lot of audio video gear and it can It's like if it's not so, Southwest was always a great option for that with two free bags and then out and carry a camera bag with me on the flight. But man, sometimes on other airlines it's worth it for the first class ticket, so you can get two free backs.
Speaker 2: Just doing the math on it, right.
Speaker 5: Yep, because they charge you so much for an extra bag fifty dollars.
Speaker 1: Its true now a Southwest. The CEO's right. I mean, he's got they have. You have to be profitable and you have to work for your shareholders and if you're not doing that, you're going out of business, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: And the cost of doing I mean in general, the cost of doing everything to it.
Speaker 2: So he's going to make it anyway that they can stick around. That's the story. We love.
Speaker 1: We got more coming up. Tricia's a little bit butt hurt about something that I've done. I've done for years and I think she's known about it, but it recently resurfaced and it became not an issue again. Just another round of butt hurt for Tricia. I'll tell you what that is. Just to say thanks for being with us. It's the JB and Sandy Show. We do this every day until eight o'clock. If you're a new listener. JB and I have a long history together. We did a radio show together for eighteen years, with friends for thirty years. Tricia and I are married, been married for sixteen almost seventeen. Our anniversary is coming up next month.
Speaker 3: Yep April nineteen seventeen years.
Speaker 1: And yeah, we know all the terrible things that happened on April nineteenth. Every time we bring that up, people remind us how the Bran Davidian thing burned down on the nineteenth. I think Hitler killed himself on the nineteenth of all these.
Speaker 3: Yeah, isn't that weird that they would point that out?
Speaker 2: They do it every year.
Speaker 1: Every year someone lets us know all the horrible things that have happened on April nineteenth.
Speaker 2: But we were trying to break the siple.
Speaker 1: So anyway, Tricia's a little bit butt hurt with me that because she is not my number one emergency contact on forums she's anything. Yeah, she's not it, and she thinks she should be, and she's not. She's not even number two on the list. It's two of my friends. It's it's more and that it's my friend Brock and then JB. And then I figure once they get to those three, they'll Electrician know. I'd rather I would I'd kind of be compassionately thoughtful, because wouldn't you rather hear that Sandy is in peril has had an emergency?
Speaker 2: Once?
Speaker 1: You rather hear it from someone you know, you know what I mean, I mean interesting than someone that you.
Speaker 4: Don't know who's number two? First one is more who's number two?
Speaker 2: She's Burger Brock.
Speaker 3: Che's Burger Brock.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then JB Yeah number three. Yeah.
Speaker 5: One of my yeah, one of my biggest fears is that you see on color I D you know, being a parent, that it's the Sheriff's department, YAHD or something like that, like, oh, so that's a good point, I mean, you know, or Sandy, sorry, if it's someone you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're gonna probably answer the phone for starters.
Speaker 4: I think one of the reason reasons that it, I mean, it bigs me a little bit.
Speaker 3: Then I have to tell you why it shouldn't bug me at all.
Speaker 4: Bugs me a little bit because for your emergency contacts, I'm like, maybe number four, we have a safe in our house that I didn't know about that I don't have the combination too.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 4: At one point we had some life insurance policy that You're like, I don't really trust you if you get the money, so I'm going to make more of the beneficiit.
Speaker 3: I was like, what, I think that this is just like the icing on the cake with me. It's a big screw you Sandy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I can't get too mad at you because you're not my emergency contact either. My mom's not my emergency contact either because she freaking.
Speaker 3: Takes three naps a day. She'll never answer the phone.
Speaker 4: Our neighbor, Mel Melmo, she's my emergency contact. There is nobody I know who would spring into action faster than Melway.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're right, Well, let me ask you this. Wait.
Speaker 5: Wait, this started outa Tricia was bothered that she wasn't your emergency contact. It turns out.
Speaker 2: You're not hers.
Speaker 4: That's why I said, I think it bothers me because it's just more of a pileon on all the other things that I'm not even considered to be in contact for. But I realized that I can't actually be mad about it because he's not my contact.
Speaker 2: You thinks you're not privy to That's what I like to say.
Speaker 3: Wait, what's happening?
Speaker 4: What we're married? Like I'm supposed to know this stuff, you don't. I think I'm more mad that I don't have the combination to this po.
Speaker 2: I'll let you know what you need to know, all right, that.
Speaker 3: Wrap out of me that you said, speaking.
Speaker 2: Of people on your list? Do you JB.
Speaker 1: Tristan, do you guys have a go to person or two or three that if you were to get in serious trouble, like you needed some help fast because you were in big trouble with the law. Let's say, do you have a go to This is the person that's getting the first phone call, and not necessarily your friend, you know, like someone an acquaintance, a business person. Like I've got three people on my list of that would get the first phone call, and I know all three of them could.
Speaker 2: Fix it pretty coolly. I'm in trouble and I need help, Yes.
Speaker 4: Like they have the power. I know your three people, they have the power to fix it.
Speaker 1: Right, Like one of them would be like one of them would be depending on the trouble I was in.
Speaker 2: One of them.
Speaker 1: If I was in big legal trouble and like I was in jail or being accused, I got that guy, right, Yeah, I got another guy that if I were in physical like harm, someone was out to get me, or I needed someone to disappear.
Speaker 2: I got that guy. He's not kidding, I'm not kidding. And I got that guy.
Speaker 1: And then I got another guy that's really more on the legal side of it.
Speaker 2: So the first and the third would kind of work together. You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but if you can get a hold of one and he got a hold of the other, you're going to be fine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I'll be fine.
Speaker 5: Wow. I don't think I have anything.
Speaker 2: I'll share.
Speaker 4: My guys, my people. My guy's Sandy because he has those three guys. Member, good part, make Sandy your guy jab oh j al trica t.
Speaker 1: You got to tell the story of the middle guy, the guy that I have that if I needed someone to disappear or I needed I needed some help that was a little outside the confines of Texas state law, that I would call. But you got to tell the story about the time when you met with him.
Speaker 4: Oh God, I would I wish if you know, there's some things that you're like, I wish I could go back, rewind and erase this fifteen minutes of my life and never have to think about it again, because it's so painful for me to remember. My mom has worked for this guy for like thirty years. He is a big, powerful man. He can make things happen. So I had quit one of my jobs and I was like, you know, I just want to I didn't want to do I didn't know what I wanted to do, and my mom was like, I'll set you up with him. Go talk to him. He's got a big office. So I go in and I meet with him. He's only meeting with me because my mom asked him to. Normally, this is a guy you got to plan stuff out, you know what I mean, big important, busy guy.
Speaker 3: And I walk in and sit down.
Speaker 4: He's definitely squeezing me in in between appointments and stuff, and he's like, well, Trisha, what do you think you want to do?
Speaker 3: And I go, I don't know.
Speaker 4: And he turned around and he goes, you don't know what you want to do? How the hell am I supposed to.
Speaker 2: Know that you?
Speaker 4: And I almost started crying and I was like, I'm so sorry, and I could not get out of his office fast enough.
Speaker 3: I think I did weep a little bit when I left.
Speaker 4: And then my mom continued to work for him and Noman I was embarrassed every time she talked about him, and he would ask about me, and I.
Speaker 3: Was like, just leave me out of the conversation.
Speaker 4: And now Sandy's friends with him and goes to lunch with him, and I don't know if I could even sit at.
Speaker 3: The same table with him. I'm still that afraid of him.
Speaker 1: Well, Jamie, I guess by default that makes me at the top of your list if you're in big trouble because I'll call these.
Speaker 5: Other guy I guess, so, yeah, you got your your high level fund.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Auto Classic business idea is that, like, I sell my access to these three guys, never telling anyone who they are, but for a monthly fee of ninety nine dollars. Should you get in trouble, I'll place the phone call for you.
Speaker 3: The finders feed the access.
Speaker 2: Fee, right exactly.
Speaker 4: It's a good idea, But never tell the guys, right, those three people exactly that you're selling their access that show.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna get on that today again. A reminder to grab the podcast version of the show. If you missed the first parts of the show, grab it. It's available on the iHeart radio app search JB in Sandy. It's Austin's eighty station one oh three point one and streaming on the iHeartRadio app. Thank you very much for listening. We do appreciate it. Find us every morning on the radio from six until ten on Austin's eighty station one oh three point one. Ask your smart device to play one oh three to one Austin