Speaker 1: Hello, everyone, Welcome back to a new episode of the Poker Girl Podcast. My name is Donny Peters. His name is Tim Duckworth. How you doing, sir?
Speaker 2: You have way too much energy for too forty seven am.
Speaker 1: It is too forty seven am, as my guy just said on Friday, June twenty seventh, but it's really Thursday, June twenty sixth for us. You guys know the drill. You know how it is. This is definitely one of our later shows of the summer, but we got a lot to talk about.
Speaker 2: Gotta be the lightest. It has to be the latest.
Speaker 1: No, no, you sure, yeah, for sure, Producer Rich check the there was another one I think that we were we were past this. I mean maybe this is later.
Speaker 2: It's the lightest.
Speaker 1: No, the Chino reem Nick Waginty, what time do we do that? We waited pretty long and then we gave up. We're like, now we're just gonna do the pot. That was I think that one was the latest. The reason why we're late is the first topic that we're going to hit hit on the fifty k PPC. It is down to seventeen. They are in the money. It looks like Andrew ya is the chip leader. We will run down the final seventeen players and how that one is shaping up. Still two more days of play in the fifty K Poker Players Championship. Here at the twenty twenty five World Series of Poker, Team Kerber winning the tag team event for Brazil. We'll hit on that one. We got a winner in the five K six max On jelco On Drakovic wins it all for his first wspgo braces. The one K Ladies Championship is underway. Good news, numbers are up. We will talk about that event kicking off. We got updates on the Gladiators of Poker, the Super Seniors, the three K No limit hold Them, the fifteen hundred dollars stud High Low, and the ten K Triple Draw. All of that, and then I do want to do an update quickly at the end on twenty five K Fantasy. Let everyone know where things stand. Let you know where we stand, how things are going. Of course, if you're listening to the show, hit favorite, leave a review. It helps us grow. Please please please do it. It does really do help us grow. If you do leave a review, screenshot it, send it on into podcast at pokergow dot com. We might read it on air if we like it. If we hate it, we might also read it on air. So either way, we're likely going to read it on air. If you're watching on YouTube on the poker Go YouTube channel, definitely hit that like button. Definitely subscribe to the channel and double definitely or triple definitely. I should say, drop a comment. I went through today and responded to a whole bunch of comments, So drop a comment in there, or respond as best we can. I have no idea how to cure the spambots. It's unbelievable. As soon as the video gets posted, it's like boo NonStop. It's either it, well, it's some some other thing that they've been talking about some it's like a bunch of letters and numbers. I just try to it's that or its or it's like the like the fake inspirational ones kind of like your content is so great, and then the other ones that are in a different language now which I translate, which are also weird. So then I delete those two. So it's just it's it's it's spam crazy on YouTube. What are you gonna do? So drop a comment? Let us know where you're watching from you know what you're railing, what you're most looking forward to. As the w s AP is now in the home stretch here we are less than a week away from the vain event. We are getting into the thick of it. It is almost July, so we're not scared of the comments. We read them all, so leave one. If you are watching on YouTube. If you love poker, and we know you do, come on. You're listening to the Poker Co podcast, then you need to check out play poker go dot com. It is the home of free online poker. They got ring games, they have tournaments, and they have sit and goes. The sitting goos are now no gamble, no future themed the ring games if you go all the way up to the highest level high stakes poker themed tables. So get in there play pokergro dot com. You can also download it on iOS and Android. This podcast is also brought to you by our friends at True Classic, the home of high quality, affordable clothes for men, tops, bottoms, active wear and much more. It's all available over at true classicts dot com and this year we have partnered with True Classic Teas for a special end of year event It is taking place at the Poker Groo Studio. It is going to cost thirty three hundred dollars to enter. But guess what fifteen of you out there could possibly win your way for free. Win one of fifteen. That's one five fifteen, five thousand dollars packages. That includes the buy in, it includes travel money, it includes hotel and I think you're probably gonna get some swag from True Classic as well, and all of that. You're gonna come out to the Poker Grow Studio at the end of twenty twenty five. You are going to get to play in this marquee signature event in your dreams could come true. All you have to do is go to True Classic tas dot com slash tc poker go and submit your poker story. You know, what is the poker journey that you're on. What do you hope to achieve in that poker journey? What are your dreams? The big thing about Ryan, the founder of True Classic, he really wants to help people achieve their dreams in poker, you know, help it all come true, realize their story, all that good stuff. So submit your story and you could be one of fifteen, five thousand dollars package winners, So go make it happen. Guys, come on, we'd love to see you out there at the studio later this year. The fifty k p PC down to seventeen, finally in the money. The bubble took forever, but kind of expected to be on it in in this event, you know, very very good structure. You know, players are obviously grinding, grinding, grinding as hard as they can to try and get into the money. So Andrew Yay is the current chip leader and a very very big chip. He's got seven point nine massive shout out, massive, seven point nine three five million. Albert do Here is second in chips with five point one five million. And listen, I don't like to overshadow the chip leader, but I mean the guy in third grinder grinderself. But how does Michael Moss Rocky do it? Because he's the best. It's he's literally the best. It's unbelievable. This guy is the return. Did you know, by the way, did you know that this is his eleventh cash of the twy I call it's not past. Yeah, and he's not even the top. Sean Deeve's got the most with thirteen. Patrick entered his second AKA pads. He's got twelve. Scott Bowman and Nick Seward both have eleven, So now Michael ms Rocky also has eleven because he is in the money in the fifty k pps where.
Speaker 2: He cashes in. I thought he just turned up last week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I honestly thought I saw him in like I saw him like a six hundars deep sack and like that, and then I saw him in the fifty k oh he he went deep in the the whatever the Battle of the Ages. Yeah, but literally I saw him as I think a six dollars deep sack. I saw him in the Battle of the Ages, go deep, and then and obviously here in the fifty k PPC, and that's it. That's really all I've seen him all summer.
Speaker 2: So if you before, what do you think Grinder could sell at for the PPC loon?
Speaker 1: I mean, at this rate, he has to be able to sell. Like are you talking okay, who's he selling to? You're talking about like listing on Poker Steak. Sure, three point zero. What I was gonna say, two point oh might be outrageous. Three point zero No, Because here's the thing. When you're listening on poker steak to the public. I mean, yeah, if you sell a three point oh, that's kind of taking advantage of people. But I'm you asked me what he could he sell out that people would buy, people would buy him at three point zero? I think, didn't you buy people are silly? Five point or didn't I challege you five point?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Some ridiculous and he made me myself. I'm a great investor, right yeah. So Michael m is rocky. I mean, this is this is absolutely wild. He's already won this event three times. He's cashed in it previously five times, now six. He's the all time money leader in this tournament. So he's going to add to that even more guaranteed one hundred thousand dollars. There's more than one point three million dollars up top. Let me just run through the seventeen players that are left and how they've done previously in this event. Andrea the chip leader. Zero cash is so he's making his first Alberta heir. Also, zero cash is making his first justin Liberto, zero cash is making his first Christian Roberts. Zero cash is making his first ben Lamb. He has one previous cash he finished eighth in this event in twenty eleven for two hundred and one thousand dollars. Bryn Kenny is making his second cash. His previous cash was twelfth place in twenty thirteen for one hundred and forty seven thousand dollars. Alislami is also in the money. It's his first time in the money in this event. Esther Taylor another big notable story from this event. She's never cashed in it before. She's cashing a whole crap ton of stuff before. She's the second woman to ever cash in this event. Do you know the other one? Why answer the question? Go ahead and tell melissabok do you know what year it was? Give me year or place.
Speaker 2: I want to say it was like ninth, like a bubble of the final table and I want to go close.
Speaker 1: It was seventh.
Speaker 2: Okay, is the final table.
Speaker 1: Twenty sixteen, twenty fourteen, So Melissa Birr twenty fourteen, she finished seventh one hundred and sixty five dollars. Esther Taylor is the second woman to cash in the fifty KPPC. Pretty crazy. I think a lot of people out there would have guessed Jen Harmon. I would have guessed it two. Nope, Melissa Birr was the first and now Eta is second. We talked about Michael mis Rocky. He's going for his fourth win in this event. Him and Brian rast have both won this event three times. Michael miss Rocky is making his sixth cash in the fifty k PPC. It's his eleventh cash this summer at the twenty twenty five World Series of Poker. Eric Lindren, He's got one previous cash way back in two thousand and eight he took third place for seven hundred and eighty one thousand dollars. He's still in making his second cash in the PPC. Jaal Vieira was ninth last year for one hundred and thirty thousand dollars, so back to back cash is for him. Mike Madisow is still in. Now that's a freaking story. If Mikey, Mikey the Mouth goes on to win, I mean, that would be iconic.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, I can. He's the only person I'm cheering for me.
Speaker 1: Let me get through the seventh and then we'll talk about who we think the best stories are. How about that Mike mattis I was making his third cash in twenty seventeen, he finished twelfth for ninety seven K. In two thousand and seven he finished sixteenth through eighty nine thousand. John Kite has never cashed before, but he's in the money this year. Marco Johnson eleventh in twenty twenty three FO one hundred and fifteen thousand dollars. This is his second cash in the PPC. Chris Vich has two previous cashes in the PPC. Twenty eighteen he finished eleventh for eighty AK and in twenty nineteen he finished tenth for ninety four thousand. Matthew Ashtin the only other previous winner still left. He won at once, he also has five cashes. Now he has six, and then Ben Yu squeaked in there as the short stack, but he's in there with his first cash. So those are the seventeen players and what they've done in this event. Let me also point out Albert daher Hester, Taylor Akae Kay and John Kite are the only three players remaining who have not wanted WSFP bracelets. So I think like storylines. Obviously, Michael is rocky going for number four. It's just absolutely freaking on her. This guy in this tournament. Okay, you got that you had Sa Taylor. If et wins it, that would be incredible. A woman winning the fifty KPPC awesome. Mike Madisow, of course, you know, legendary career. He's been, you know, yelling about getting in the Hall of Fame, like all this sort of stuff. Right, He's been kind of dry at the WSFP, at least in terms of gold. I know he had a recent second place finish and that was pretty big. It was either last year of the year before ago. But it's not like, you know, Mike, he's knocking at the door as often as he used to. But this in this event, the prestige of the fifty KPPC. If he happens to go on to win it, holy craft, that's awesome. Matthew Ashton of course, joining the multiple winner club, if he's able to win it a second time, that would be crazy. I think Peric Lingrin is a pretty interesting story as well. You know, everything that Eric Lingeran has gone through over his career, you know, he's gone up, he's gone way down. Now he's definitely on that rise back up. So if he's ultimately able to come out on top, you know, incredible. And then you have like kind of a collective story of like the new Guys, I'll say, Andrew Ye, Albert Daher justin Liberto Christian Roberts, you know, like that group where they're making John Kite as well Ben ben You I mean, even though Benu has been around, still like first time cashing in this event, you know, first time making it to this stage of this tournament. So them going on to win it would be a very very cool story. What do you got for stories? What are you looking at? You said, you already said, Matis.
Speaker 2: I think Madison is the biggest one. You know, we've talked about Hall of Fame. He's been stuck in four braces for just so long now, so him getting to five in the fifty kight VVC would be quite magical. You know, Mike Madison winning a fourth, not just like a fourth, I know he has more than that, but just like it's four in the same event. You know, we've talked about we kind of we mentioned it last night when we discussed Aaron comings winning two in the same one. The fact that he can win for it's in this It's not just a fifteen hundred start, it's the fifty thousand buying PBC is kind of amazing. And then I think the third story honestly could be, you know, a toss up between either this comeback story of Eric Lingran or you know a K. I think he can flip a coin on that one, and it kind of choose which story is the better one there.
Speaker 1: On Madisl's four bracelets that he already has. Nineteen ninety nine he won this is a weird buying thirty five hundred dollars buying Nolan would hold them, which they don't have that anymore. Twenty twenty or two thousand and two, excuse me, five k Omaha high Low. He won that. Two thousand and eight he won the five K Nolan adduced to seven draw with rebuys. How crazy is this? This tournament that he won the five K Noland duced to seven single draw with rebuys in two thousand and eight, madis I won it for five hundred and thirty seven thousand dollars, which is more than Nick Shulman won this year in the ten K, the biggest ever ten K in that tournament, and madis I won more in two thousand and eight. It's because of all those insane rebuts. I'm sure that tournament was an absolute glorious shit show. I'm sure it was just like rebye rebye rebut you know, I'm sure it was nuts. And then in twenty thirteen, Madisau won a five K seven card stud high low split eight air betcher. Yeah, that's is that the year when they did the Championships five K. He won that for two hundred and sixty six thousand dollars. So, man, madis how and he's I mean we saw him doing some stretches. Yeah, you could saw him like barely walking. I mean, he's If you've seen the Mike Madison documentary, he talks a lot about his physical struggles, mainly with his back, the pain that he's in. He's always, you know, rolling around on his scooter. He's oftentimes and he's helped getting in and out of chairs and stuff. He's got his own special chair here, you know, all of it. During breaks, he's laying down having his buddy help stretch him because his back was in so much pain. I mean, the guy looks visibly in pain, Like I was in pain watching him be in pain today. So the fact that he's had to endure that and made it to the money in this grueling event. You know, he's had to sit in this chair forever today, go through this bubble crazy stuff, and now you know, who knows what can come of it? Right, I'm sure at least parts of the day, like adrenaline probably kicks in with the rush of a poker terma and it helps alleviate some of that pain. But also, I mean you could visibly see how much he was hurting. So I mean, listen, good for Mikey toughing it out, and that would be absolutely freaking tremendous if he's able to go on and win. So a lot of cool stories left. On Saturday, the players are going to come back at three o'clock Vegas. Time are our stream?
Speaker 2: Is Friday?
Speaker 1: Friday? Sorry, I'm used to like I got in my mode of looking at the day and then skipping ahead, and now it's screwed me up. So on Friday, which is today, when are they coming back? Three o'clock?
Speaker 2: I'm going three o'clock and a fall, got it at three levels, take a little dinner break, and then pick it all back up again. All right, And who's on? Do you remember who's on? Commentary? It's supposed to be me, Alex Livingston and Chris Fitch. No.
Speaker 1: I was told today it's me with somebody I don't know, so I'll be showing up at that time to commentate on the fifty k PPC and who the heck knowes who's going to come alongside of me. But we'll see, all right, that's the fifty k PPC. Let's move on over to the tag team event. Team Kerber, the Brazilian team of Kelvin Kerber and Peter Patrizio, winning it all for one hundred and eighty four thousand dollars, So that's what ninety two thousand dollars each, ninety three thousand dollars each when you include a little bit over. They defeated French team Sammy Bumala and Hikham Mamouki. I probably butchered all of those names a very I thought I just had a bloody nose. By the way, the people who were watching just saw me freak out for a second. The craziest raal we've had of the song, yes by far, so crazy that loudest I'm gonna say loudest, I mean, yeah, loudest that they had to relocate them because it was too close to the fifty k, they still were ungodled loud. Yeah, they called in extra security. Okay, multiple times they had to go over and tell them to please be quiet. Now I don't understand. Let the rails be loud as loud as they want. Now, there's certain things you can't do. Like I went over there at one point, I said, guys, I don't care how loud you are, just please don't bang on the set. Can't break this thing. But for the love of God, especially when we got the new LED screens, like please don't break because they were banging on the walls. The other thing is like the drinks, just can you not spill any drinks over the LED stuff? Please, for the love of God, just you know, help with that. I don't care what sort of chance you're doing, as long as they're you know, not mean hearted and you're swearing and all that.
Speaker 2: Sort of stuff. Cool, fair game, go nuts. So that was that.
Speaker 1: But you had the French side, you had the Brazilian side, and they were going back and forth. I mean it was like a soccer match. It was like chanting on the one side, you know. For the French guys, they would stop the Brazilians would start up, go back at them, then French side would go back at that again. It just kept going. And when they moved up to the main set away from that secondary set four or left and then France and Brazil get heads up, so it's even crazy. It was amazing. It was amazing in here. It was so loud, so shout out to Calvin Kerbert and Peter Patrizio. Heads up play didn't take long at all. I think they got it in on one of the first hands that they played perfect and of course, you know, plenty of cheering and you know, craziness and all that sort of stuff. A couple other mentions here on the payouts, Angela Jordison and Maxwell Young, eighth place, Christy Moreno and Andrew Marino, which was really just Christy Moreno. They finished in twelfth. Andrew is over at the win in the thirty five hundred dollars four million dollars guaranteed tournament. He's down to the final five, he's five of five. I believe Arthur march Rosi is the chip leader, but he's guaranteed three hundred and twenty five k over there with a million dollars up top so he was doing that today while Christy was doing this today. So they finished in twelfth place. Cody Daniels and Alan Keating they had a run to fourteenth place, and then Jamie Kirstedter and Corey Paget, the former runners up to Espen George ed and Patrick Leonard a couple of years ago. They finished in twenty third. The five K six Max one of the absolute toughest tournaments of the summer every single summer here at the World Series of Poker and jelco On Drakovic winning it all eleven hundred and sixty eight entries enormous field eight hundred and fifty five k for first his first WSP GO bracelet. He came into today the final day of play, fifth in chips with five players of mating. According to Poker News, he won eight all in showdowns on the way to winning the tournament.
Speaker 2: It's a lot. It's pretty good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, that's that's an incredible way. That's exactly how you win tournament. And it's good to win. You're all in showdowns when it's late, he told Poker News afterwards. It's something that every poker player dreams of. It's a breath of fresh air to finally be here, meaning in the winner circle. So shout out to On Drakovic's there or eight hundred and fifty five K for his score. Adrian Delmas second place for five hundred and seventy K, Now Farrell third place for three hundred and ninety eight thousand dollars, Matthew Zambanini two hundred and eighty two K for fourth, and Brandon Shields a fifth place for two hundred and three thousand dollars. Oh Mary Scurse sixth place should mention him as well. He was watching rocking. The PGT was all all tournament long one hundred and forty eight K for maryus sick Field, the Sick Tournament. That one the one K Ladies Championship, which I know you brought it up yesterday. I told you I was not willing to call it to name it after someone, you know, because I think that the Ladies Championship should be named the Ladies Championship. But I'm willing to make it an edit the Ladies Championship presented by Sena Okamoto. Okay, That's how I'm gonna you know, It's not like sometimes we like the Adam Friedman invitation. Like, no, this is now going to be called I know, I'm getting a little ahead of myself. She's third in ships after day one. I know. I mean, it's outrageous outrange. She won the event last year, she finished second the year before in twenty twenty three, and now she's third in chips after day one.
Speaker 2: She ain't even in the money yet. All right, let's sith.
Speaker 1: I haven't engraved it yet, like I haven't like written it in Penn. I'm not saying. I'm just saying, like it's a working title, the mock up. It's a working title. It's a you know, I'm work shopping right now with you. The Ladies Championship present are hosted by hosted by Sheena Okamoto. That's what if she if she cashes, I'm giving her the name.
Speaker 2: I don't know she's got, she's got a final title.
Speaker 1: She's on her way. She's on her way. So numbers are in for this event, the Ladies Championship. Nice uptick from last year. Thirteen hundred and sixty eight entries this year. That's going to lead to one hundred and eighty four thousand dollars first place prize. Last year was twelve forty five. Year before that was twelve ninety five, and then twenty twenty two it was one thousand and seventy four. So the main one is last year twelve forty five. So you see an uptick of more than one hundred entries this year. That's great to see. You have Dorothy a cadre leading the way. A handed mob says that she's from Vegas, just thirty two thousand dollars in earnings. I saw a bunch of cashes from the South Point on her on her handed mob. Her career best scorer is for forty seven hundred dollars. This is her seventh career w soop cash or sorry, she's not there, not on the money yet they're like one hundred away. Yeah, this is her. She has six cashes. She's going for her seventh career to ever speak cash. Sorry I worded that wrong. Hopefully I didn't drink jinks you Dorothy. And then as I mentioned Shina Okamoto third place in chips after day one, she won the event last year, she finished second the year before. That's incredible as she's basically the Japanese grinder. I mean, she should only play this tournament every year, just you know, show up to Vegas basically win her like ninety k and her ninety two whatever.
Speaker 2: She was run her up in an event of venation a few days ago, like one of their like random six hundreds.
Speaker 1: Why don't you look this up? You are on your computer.
Speaker 2: I'm taking secon. I'm pretty sure the second olive.
Speaker 1: But why don't you look it up?
Speaker 2: Because I'd like to use my memory? Are you looking up? And am I looking at?
Speaker 1: Maybe both? I see eleventh place at the win Okay, I don't see anything at Venetian. I see a fourth place in another win tournament. So yeah, but the Venetian ones might not be in yet.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm checking.
Speaker 1: The You gotta kind of like fall through the Twitter, the Twitter world. But anyway, Sheena Okamoto, she's the new host of the Ladies Championship. You think people know? You think you said she sit down on the table. You think people know? Oh, we should also look up if our girl Cheryl made it through.
Speaker 2: I just checked it. She's gonna make it, damn it, damn it, Cheryl. Come on, come on, come on, all.
Speaker 1: Right, Well you're you're not gonna find anything over there.
Speaker 2: So bang, I found it in your face fifth place. Think, okay, eleven hundred ultimate sec. There you go.
Speaker 1: I mean she's just hosting everything in Vegas. That's what she's doing. Shea Okamoto, the hostess with the mostest. Let's look at the Gladiators of Poker. Two starting flights done. We're not gonna get too much into this one because it's very early. I quickly scanned the chip cowns. I didn't really see anyone that popped off the page. But again that was a very very quick run through. But the main thing is the numbers so far. Yesterday we talked about how they got three thy six hundred and fourteen for Day one A. That was down one hundred and seventy eight entries from last year's Day one A. Now this multi flight no limit hold them event does not have an added flight over last year. I know, like Monster Stack hadn't added flight, the Milli Maker had an added flight, the let's say Mystery Millions had an added flight. All that stuff had added flights. This one says the same four flights, so one A year over year, down one seventy eight, one B up to seventy two. So they're up overall, this year's one B got four five hundred and eighty nine. Last year was foury, three hundred and seventeen, so so far they're trending slightly up through the first two starting flights. Last year's field size for this one came in at twenty thousand, six hundred and forty seven entries. Again, this is a three hundred dollars buying, three million dollar guarantee on this poker tournament, one of the very few tournaments in the WUS that has a guarantee, can you believe it? And they're obviously gonna blow right through it, of course, so we'll hit on more of that, you know, probably once we get to day two. We'll obviously run through the numbers every single day. For Friday, they're looking to at least get to or surpass last year's five thy six hundred ninety nine, and then on Saturday six thousand, eight hundred and sixty nine. Those were the two numbers from one C and one D from twenty to twenty four the Super Seniors, the old Guys and Gales, nine remained from a field size of three thousand, three hundred and thirty eight. Lonnie Weitzel Martin Koehler, Richard Franzen, Daimir Finnick, Richard Jute, Wesley Cameron, Lawrence White, Edwin Houston, and Zahir Sayeg are all moving on to the final day. They are guaranteed thirty five thousand, eight hundred dollars. They are playing for a three hundred and fifty six thousand dollars first place prize. We lost the Flying Dutchman in Takes Place. He flew his queens right into kings. Don't know why the hell you would do that, Martin Sorrow he was. I did not see any I checked in on that event a few times today. I did not see any singing. I didn't see any upside down sunglasses. I didn't really see any wackiness from Marcel. And that's why he finished tenth the exactly. You know you got it like he was wearing like it looks like a windbreaker, like no suit, no tielers. You know, it's just yeah, he did. He lost his mojo, Marcel Man.
Speaker 2: You know there's people like watching this, like, what are you talking about?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, Marcel would Lucy was that two thousand and four.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, like mid two thousands he would like the guy, one of the guys.
Speaker 1: But well, his run it was it was not the money maker year. It was I think two thousand and four or two thousand and.
Speaker 2: Five, like hash Them's year.
Speaker 1: Look it up. I mean it was an incredible run. He was singing his whole way. He had the upside done.
Speaker 2: The last picture that just the first picture of him, is this beautiful.
Speaker 1: He was always wearing a suit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this always had a nice suit. You gotta go, you gotta go by price, you gotta go. Tenth place in two thousand and four, yeah, and then he had a twenty third place in twenty seventeen. He also had a two thousand and six he had a five kish the final table with a five K O limit hold on me, fire on table. The runner up finished five K STUD World Championship.
Speaker 1: To I bet you you click on that. Sebastian Ruthenberg won it.
Speaker 2: Two thousand and four was a good year for Marcellas Nope. Joe Water episode though is onucker Goo WSP Classic Library.
Speaker 1: He definitely made it. Might have been a third place finish then in a stud tournament two that Sebastian Ruthenberg won. I can't remember. I just remember covering as it was one of my first tournaments that I ever.
Speaker 2: And he's got a fourth in the stud highlight which one do you want to go with?
Speaker 1: The stud? Not the homost No, no, not the horse, you would be correct. There you go and Chris Ferguson. Yep, yep, there you go and your boy, Bob Lauria, Bob Lauria. Yeah, I remember. I remember exactly where that was inside the Rio, in the Amazon room. I remember that there was I remember that one ran super late. I remember that there was a conversation about possibly stopping it. I remember Chris Ferguson was saying that no endurance is a part of poker tournaments, you'd be able to play super long. I remember, I remember it like it was yesterday. I mean, that was one of my first tournaments that I covered.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I do like that that line from Chris, Folks, that's a good one.
Speaker 1: I mean, it is part of Yeah, it is, you know. I mean I think it's good to try and avoid it when you can, but if it should come down to it, then yeah, it just that's that's part of it. That's how it is. The three K no limits hold him so we talked yesterday how they the field size was not set yep, you know, and it was gonna go up. And I forget what I said. I think I said twenty two hundred. Well it blew past that. Yeah, we did.
Speaker 2: Look.
Speaker 1: Two thousand, three hundred and thirty eight entries. One hundred and twenty seven remain the top three hundred and fifty one spots paid, so they are well into the money. The prize school is more than six point two million dollars. First place eight hundred and thirty thousand dollars. UK's Hamid Toggin leads the way. Kunal Patney is second in CHIPS. Two time bracelet winner Julian Kolev is fourth in CHIPS. Two thousand and seven WSP main event winner your Boy because you dressed up as in ones. Jerry yang Chip is eighth in CHIPS.
Speaker 2: I got a burn to pick with Jerry.
Speaker 1: Uh oh, what did he do?
Speaker 2: Well, there's a new rule of the World Series.
Speaker 1: Okay, there is. There's like nineteen new rules.
Speaker 2: Sure, allowed to cover your face, west sunglasses and a Jodiola once you knowed to do two of the three.
Speaker 1: Really, that's a rule. Well, that was a rule yep. So he was doing that in the tournament. He was sitting with Atha Mars. Wait, hold on, how is that even allowed to be a rule? You can't wear sunglasses and a hoodie and a mosque. But what if the mask is medical? That should not miss medical? Huh west mosk. But I'm saying, like, if there's an actual medical reason and taking sunglasses stuff, no, But like what if you have a medical thing for all of them? What if you're sick and that's why you're wearing the mask and part of being sick is that you have to stay warm, hence the hoodie, and then also and then also the glasses are because of like the prescription glasses. I'm just saying this sounds ridiculous.
Speaker 2: It's a rule. I'm just saying, I don't see everyone executed by uh by Bob Smith in one of the tournaments, and Arthur Morris was like, yeah, he's he's over there and he's he's like talking to himself in every hand, but he's.
Speaker 1: Listening to music and I'm like, is he singing? He's like no, he's like praying. Like guys, I don't know, Jerry Yang play poker amos. This is like par for the course.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I and I said to authors like authors like, yeah, he's wearing a mask, got a hoodie, he's got a hat, he's got sung glass, he's got it all. And I'm like, yeah, you know that. Do that. He's like, what are you talk about? He's like, there's a new rule? Is oh? Really? So he didn't know. But either way, Jerry Yang the shadow was out there.
Speaker 1: I don't know what the rules are this year. I thought there was a rule that in the final three tables you couldn't be on their phone. Everyone's on their phone.
Speaker 2: No, I think they I think they've given up from that one.
Speaker 1: It's like people are people got the streams on and the crowds. I'm like, what, what the hell is happening? I mean, I don't, I don't. I personally don't think that those should be rules, but they did put them in place, so I thought that they would then be enforced and they're just not. So it's like whatever. The other day, somebody if forget what tournament was, I think it might have been the twenty five K Pooh, but you heard someone I forget who it was now, but they stepped off stream. But you could hear them still and they said, so we all can't be on our phones, but phil Ive he can be on his phone like he's got a I mean, it is a it is a true point, right, Yeah, So anyway, continue anything else on Jeriday.
Speaker 2: The Shadow just Atha Mars is playing with the shadow.
Speaker 1: So what you're bone to pick is that he's breaking the rules. Yeah, I mean, okay, you're a narc.
Speaker 2: Is what you are.
Speaker 1: You're a narc. Bracelet winner. Romain Lewis is ninth, and Chips and then some other names that I pulled out of the top fifty, Danny Cpo, Martin Zemani, Martin Finger, and Stevens Song also in the top fifty. Stephen Song is on our twenty five K Fantasy team. He's going for once again. He bagged nine hrd K. I believe they come back to twenty K Big blind so that'll be forty five big blinds. It'll be the top thirty six, so a bit of a ways to go with one hundred and twenty seven left. But Song he made whatever day it was at that win, thirty five hundred day three something like that. He busted from that tournament with sixteen. I was talking to him today with six. I saw him in the field. I was like, I thought you were at the win. He's like, oh yeah, man, and he's like, I busted with like sixteen or seventeen minutes left to get over here, got my car sped over here, he goes just for you. Yeah, It's like, well not really but but yeah, sped over here. Regden time spun up a stack perfect. Phil Ivey made a deep run. Think he cashed around one hundred and seventieth place or something like that. So yeah, So that is the three K Nolman Holden. This is scheduled as a four day event, so stay tuned for more updates on this one. Again. Eight hundred and thirty thousand dollars up top just simply freaking incredible in that tournament the fifteen hundred dollars stud high Low. There are eleven players left. They are guaranteed eight six hundred dollars one hundred and fifty three K up top. Jay kerbel leads the way Kurbel out of Huntington Beach, California, his sixth cash this summer. It is his deepest run at the Doubyscipe of his career. I believe I saw that his best prior one was fifteenth. I want to say a top six gets him his career best score. Blajerry Off second in Chips. Geeze, he won the twenty five K six max I believe yeah. Huck Seed eighth in Chips, eleventh cash of the summer for mister Huckley.
Speaker 2: He's back.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's freaking wild these guys just ranking up these cashes. Dennis Strepkov tenth in Chips as well. We lost hal Rothlts in twelfth. We lost Robert miss Rocky in thirteenth. Kind of interesting that Robert mss Rocky was running deep while Michael mims Rocky was also running deep in the same room about one hundred feet away from each other on the rail too. Yes, very true, but only one not Donnie. We didn't have Donnie. We had Eric, not Donnie. Alan Castler busted in twenty ninth. Jake Schwartz got thirtieth. Schwartz also is eleventh cash of the summer, so making their eleventh cashes. We got Michael mss Rocky, we have Jake Schwartz, and we have Huck Seed. And they joined who did they join?
Speaker 2: Olman and Olmen and Nick Seward at Nick So yeah, there you go.
Speaker 1: So people are just racking up the cashes and those don't include I believe they don't include the online cashes. So it's even more like Sean deeb It says he has thirteen, but if you add the online stuff, which I don't think is tallied, and yet it's probably more like sixteen. Yeah. Pretty crazy so far through about what sixty eight events or something like that. So wild stuff there. So the plan is for this one, it'll finish out on Friday. We'll have one hundred and fifty three thousand dollars gold bracelet winner, the ten K triple Draw, the ten K deuces even triple draw championship that kicked off today. One hundred and twenty are kicked off yesterday. See, I gotta get this right. I really got to get this right. This is what happens when you do podcasts. At three twenty six in the morning, one hundred and twenty three entries on day one. Registration is still open. They had one hundred and forty nine last year. I would say we definitely get Phil Ivy because he did not enter because he busted late in the three K I don't know if I don't think Phil Helmuth entered. He got very close to the money in the fifty k. I think he busted in twentieth. Yes, that sounds about seventeen paid. But the big news, of course, is our boy, London John leading the way. He messaged me about the London and John, tell me, what did you say? It's London John, because of Ellie. That's what Ellie calls me. He's freaking London John. I told you he's London John. So he leads the way. John Manette is fifth. Brian Tate, the founder and CEO of Oates Overnight. Right here, guys, check it out oats overnight dot Com. He's in sixth place. Jeremy Osmas, Oh, we guy, He's gonna get some bad The boy's gonna start heating up. The boy's gonna start heating up in the back half of the WSP. Let's go so. John Shorman's one of fifty to advance. Jeremy Osmins is eight of fifty two advance. Let's go, boys, start cooking. And for Jeremy, he got he made today in the fifty k, ended up busting went over there. I saw on his Instagram that he's like busted the fifty k in the ten K deuce to seven with my lucky beer, So maybe he just needs to be drinking yeah at all times. So Jeremy beers from hand number one man, that's that's what's got to happen. Dani Lgran who sits fourteenth I mentioned no iv yet he is the defending champ in this one. This was the one that gave him his eleventh that basically go a bracelet. He beat Danny Wong in this one. Last year, Ivy did bust that three k Nolanan hold him late, so it's likely that he's going to come in for day two. I think we'll also see that with Phil Helmuth maybe, I mean Phil is known to take a day off here or there, so we'll see how Phil feels. But I'm pretty confident that this challenges pretty closely with last year's number, if not surpasses it. So more on that as we go. No prize school official, no you know, first place prize, all that sort of stuff, because it's still on going. And then twenty five K Fantasy. I saw some people in the YouTube comments that were asking about twenty five K fantasy, So why not hit on it. Huh huh. I mean we mentioned we got Steven Song in the three k okay he's in the final one to twenty seven. There would love if he can get the top thirty six to get us the field bonus. The field bonus would get us an additional twenty two or twenty three points. We have John Shrman leading the way in the ten k DEU just to seven. We got Jeremy Osmas eighth and chips, so that's great.
Speaker 2: Just one too. Sealman beats Ozma's heads up.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: I mean.
Speaker 1: One of these teams, Tommy Carl Thoden think he's out one of these teams. Yeah. The team that's leading the way team BTG. They have nine hundred and twenty points on an absolutely freaking blistering pace.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: They actually did do the one too the other day in the twenty five kplo Oh, that's right. Dylan Lindy won it. Steven Chickwick got second. This this team is ridiculous in terms of what they're doing. Dylan Lindy two hundred and ninety five points. Nick Guaghenti one hundred and fifty three points. Puna Punstreet one twenty five, Adam Friedman ninety five, Steven Chidwick ninety three, Isaac Haxson eighty five, dan Zach fifty, Owaysa med twenty four. Now, on paper, these last two dan Zach and Owaysamed, I'm not really a fan of having them on the team. Dan Zach. It's not that these guys aren't really good players. It really just comes down to like volume. Yeah, with dan Zach, I think it's I don't think anyone really kind of knew what he was going for. I feel like he was going for a crap ton of money a couple of years ago, and then this year he only went for thirteen. Because it's like, say, how much is he gonna play? What's he gonna play? Exactly right, I'll say the same thing with Oaysamed. You know what's he gonna play? How much is he gonna play? But it's also interesting to me that Owaysamed went for nineteen and dan Zach went for thirteen.
Speaker 2: Anyway, by the way, I'm pretty sure was the final.
Speaker 1: So they just mack it out. Yeah, probably this team is doing well, so they're absolutely crushing again. Nine and twenty points, just freaking blistering pace. Second place has seven hundred and ninety four, so that's a pretty good gap. One hundred and twenty six points separate first and second, and that's Team Dinkers, the champs. I mean, these guys just know what they're doing, huh. I mean, it's pretty unbelievable with this team. What's most crazy about the Dinkers is that their team is ridiculously top heavy. They have Victor Blam Benny Glauser two ninety five and two fifty six respectively, Alan Lee one sixty nine, Dylan Wiseman seventy all right, that's half their team. Then they have David Prociak has three points, Alex Phonikov's who I think I've seen in two tournaments, has one point, Brandon Wilson has zero points. I might have seen him in two tournaments, and Sergio Ido, I'm not sure I've seen him in a single tournament. He has zero points. Both Wilson and Ido have zero points, So they have all the points in four guys and they're still in second place. Crushing, I mean, just absolutely wild stuff. Also, if you go to twenty five K fantasy dot Com, one of the things that they do if you click on the team's tab is you can see everyone's score on the standings, but you can see also the number of cases on their team. These guys have by far the least number of cases. Of course, because of those four players that I mentioned, they only have twenty seven cashes.
Speaker 2: What's the most? Have like forty the most?
Speaker 1: Can I click on this? I can't click on that. I see sixty and that is the third place team and Brown's bargain bin okay, but the closest to I mean two teams have thirty three, but twenty seven is by far the lowest number of cashes. And the fact that they have twenty seven cashes but seven hundred and ninety four points is wild to me. I think, if I remember when we did the post draft podcast that I like to this team, I think, I like what the what Dinkers does. I think they got a good feel for the draft, so that's panning out. They're just absolutely crushing. They're probably gonna win the whole thing again, which is just crazy to me. The top scorers are Dylan Lindy. They're on Team BTG, Victor Blom on Team Dinkers. Both Dylan Lindy and Victor Blom have two hundred and ninety five points each. Then Benny Glasser is the next highest scoring player. He's got two fifty six. He's also on the Dinkers. Then you have Philip Sternheimer two forty one. He's on Handsome Horses, which I believe is his own team, and then joo Vieira is on a team Lady Gaga two twenty three. And of course we know that joo Vieira is still in the fifty k PPC, so that number is going to go up a little bit higher. So that's kind of a breakdown of what's happening at the top of the leaderboard. We got to go a little bit further down to check in on our team because we have dropped down to sixteenth. I think we were challenging for the top five a couple of weeks ago, but we obviously slipped down. We have four hundred and fifty five points. We still have Stephen Song, as I mentioned in the three K. We have John Shorman and Jeremy Osmas who bagged nicely in the ten K deuce to seven, so hopefully they can make some noise. I want to say, and this might be a little bit upsetting to people who might have invested in our team that it's going to be almost impossible just to catch Team BGG if they keep any sort of decent pace for the rest of the summer. Okay, it's also probably going to be very difficult to catch Team Dinkers.
Speaker 2: I had Tommy Carlo Is going to win the wspig Man eventa.
Speaker 1: Well, that would just be incredible. But I actually think Steven Song is gonna win it, so it doesn't matter. Okay, But what I'll say is that one good day and we're in the.
Speaker 2: Top five, baby steps get in the top five, then the top four, like the top three, top two, top one.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying top one to two seem almost unreachable at this point. Top one for sure, but like fifth place is six seventy four. That's only two twenty ahead of us, which isn't that crazy? You know? Yeah, that's like one very very very good day. I know that means a very very very good day. But it can happen. It can definitely happen to Jeremy and Johnny Shoreman. Yeah, one, two and.
Speaker 2: Then and the same time Song is gonna win the three K I.
Speaker 1: Mean, that's what I mean. You have a very very very good day like that and boom, we're right there. That's like at least six thousand points, right. I wish, I absolutely wish, But yeah, it is crazy. So uh, you know, I know it doesn't sound good to say that we're sixteenth out of twenty fourth, but you know, I just kind of look at like the leaps that we can make, and the team is putting themselves in position every single day, so I'm not really upset about it. I still very much believe that Johnny Shoreman London, John He's got a final table run in him. I think it can click any day for Jeremy Osmas. You just need to keep drinking the beers. Steven Song is obviously doing what we need him to do as our specialist. I definitely think that Nico Milgram is gonna win a racelet this year. I for sure think that he's having a great summer. He keeps running deep. I know he's like gets a little bit up sevent he has deep runs and they don't materialize into a final table or a win. But I'm telling you, Nico, it is coming.
Speaker 2: Come yeah.
Speaker 1: So yeah, and then we can get some surprises from Hurry Reichenstein's been playing super well Boris Angelov as well. So I'm happy overall. I'm happy overall. So let's go, let's go team all right, that's all I got.
Speaker 2: I got a little querly quick community cads. Benjamin stopped me today. He was wearing this really kind of dug vintage like UNLV white visa red trim. And the reason I mentioned that because kind of intriguing me to start looking at like some retrovisors. I was thinking, oh, this could be, you know, twenty twenty six pook up podcast. Hot we go to the retro visa. I don't know how you what your taste is on that, but anyway, Benjamin stuffed. He said, cold us, you and me poker ambassadors, just like Daniel mcgrano.
Speaker 1: Well, that's fucking ridiculous.
Speaker 2: No, I'm going to take it. I'm going to accept that that is one hundred percent the truth.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: He also said, you know we you know, he was saying ways kind of speaking for all the listeners that you know, we appreciate both of us and you know, trying to push poker forward, you know, without kind of daily recaps every night at and godly hours, like there is a right now three thirty seven am. But yeah, he was very thankful and appreciative of everything we do. So shout out to Benjamin with this that cool UNLV wide advisor that might be the inspiration for next year podcasts. I'm just gonna put it.
Speaker 1: I don't know, man, I don't know advis Well, here's the thing, We're gonna do something different. I'm like ninety eight percent certain I would never wear a Visor in public.
Speaker 2: I might wear Advisor to maor just you are Okay, what do you mean? What is that happened?
Speaker 1: That's why I love you. But you're all fucking weird. Okay, So that's just how it is. All right, you got anything else to talk about?
Speaker 2: All right? Cool?
Speaker 1: Because it is three thirty eight am. We need to get the f out of here, Okay. At some point we need to still do the Australian the Australian Snack Attack podcast. You know, we'll make that happen at some point, but for now, that's all we got. His name is Tim Duckworth, my name is Donnie Peters, and we will talk to you guys. So next time, JA