Speaker 1: Jeff, we're going to your hometown of Enfield. Oh what up? Enfield? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Second date Update Nate is on the line to tell us about a great first date he went on.
Speaker 3: Good morning Nate, Good morning, Hey.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: So I take it since you want to be on second Date Update, you're getting ghosted after a great first date.
Speaker 1: So tell us about this great first date you had.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was kind of crazy, Like we talked a bunch, you know, before we met, and like, you know, I thought we had a real connection, and like were going great, and you know, it was so exciting to meet in person. And yeah, the date was going great until something you know, kind of crazy happened.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, what happened.
Speaker 4: Well, so we were.
Speaker 3: Having dinner and like our food didn't even come out, and she got a call from her friend that she was in a car accident. So she had to leave the date, you know, to go help a friend to make sure she was okay.
Speaker 1: And you know, okay, so the date is going great.
Speaker 2: You're at dinner, you're having cocktails or whatever, you order your meal, and before the meal even a rite, she gets a phone call that her friend was in a bad accident.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know the extent of it. Okay, I kind of left in a hurry, but yeah, that's what happened.
Speaker 1: And did you reach out? Have you been reaching out to her?
Speaker 3: Of course? Yeah, you know I wanted to, you know, make sure friend was okay and everything was going all right. But yeah, for since the dinner, I haven't heard from her.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's weird.
Speaker 2: Solly, you're you have reached out to ask how is your friend?
Speaker 1: How is everything? And she's not responding at all.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Mostly I just want to make sure she's okay. Like I'm you know, I've just been kind.
Speaker 1: Of worried too, because you know what, usually we would say, all right, did you pay?
Speaker 2: But I mean she laughed, so obviously you paid, Like, and you weren't there long enough to have too many cocktails, so you weren't like wasted or anything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like yeah, like I you know, I waited, and you know I ate my meal and you know I took hers to go and paid for dinner and like so crazy.
Speaker 2: All right, Well we're going to call her up. The producer says, her name is Shelby. So we're gonna called Shelby and you're going to be listening in at any point.
Speaker 1: If you want to confront her, you can.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: That's a little sketchy. Unless her friend is really her and in the hospital.
Speaker 1: Oh you know what, that's a good point. Maybe it's like a like a traumatic situation. She's triggered by it.
Speaker 4: Hello.
Speaker 1: Hi, is this Shelby? Yes, me seeking Hi Shelby. It's Courtney Shelby. What's up. It's Walmart chef. Hey, Shelby, It's Savannah. How's it going?
Speaker 3: Hi?
Speaker 5: Hey, doing good?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 2: Obviously you know we're calling from Kiss ninety five to seven. You're on the radio, and the reason we're calling is because you're on second date update. Oh what, you're on second date updates. So you go on a first date, you get ghosted, call us and we get the answers.
Speaker 1: Nate super nice, cold.
Speaker 2: Lacey said he went on a date with you that ended kind of weird, and you've been ghosting him ever since.
Speaker 5: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, so we're just checking on you too. So I'm glad you answered the phone.
Speaker 2: According to Nate, the date was fabulous, but you left before the meal even arrived. You got a phone call from your best friend about a car accident.
Speaker 1: He's been trying to reach out to you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, Yeah, I'm really glad I got out of that one.
Speaker 1: Is your friend okay? Is your girlfriend? Okay?
Speaker 5: Yeah she is definitely fine. Yeah, Nate is. He's actually I hate to say this, but he's one of those guys that aggressively spits when he talks. And yeah, I couldn't even get through my meal. It was disgusting.
Speaker 2: Okay, Shelby, was your girlfriend in a car accident?
Speaker 5: No, I had to text my friend to have her give me an excuse so I can leave. I didn't even want to finish the date like I wanted. I was trying to it out of there.
Speaker 1: So wait, that's good.
Speaker 4: That's that's low Kei's so messed up, Like that's that's messed up?
Speaker 5: I mean, is it?
Speaker 4: Though?
Speaker 5: I feel like that's like the excuse everyone has, Like you always hit the friend that can call you to get out the date.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but yeah, but you use like a bogus excuse like, oh, like my mom's feeling sick, Oh my dog is sick. Not my friend got into devastating car accent?
Speaker 2: How about just being just finished out the date? And say you weren't feeling a connection. I mean, that would be the right thing to do. But Shelby, so you're telling me when he talked, he was like he was spitting when he talked.
Speaker 1: And is that what's happening?
Speaker 5: Yeah, like every it would almost spit. He almost spit in my food, like it was traveling across you didn't even have any food with no awareness.
Speaker 2: Okay, Nate, Nate is on the line. He's listening in Nate, are you an aggressive spitter? Apparently when you talk?
Speaker 3: No, and like she's talking about like I was spitting in her food, like she didn't even give me a chance, you know, to have din with her. I don't know what he's talking about.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, Shelby, I don't even want to talk about this with you, you know. But honestly, I would have brought an umbrella if I knew how much you're in a spit when you talk.
Speaker 3: Oh, like, oh my goodness.
Speaker 5: I needed some windshield wipers. If I was wearing kine glass like I needed to get out of there.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty sure I would notice like I would my shirt would be soaking wet the way you're making it sound. If I was just spitting out of my mouth all day, like, yeah, that's true.
Speaker 5: Well my shirt was practically soaking wet, not yours, because it was traveling, all right.
Speaker 4: He hate Shelby on a scale of one to ten and one being completely dry and ten being like Daffy Duck, because where where would he rank in between that scale? Because I'm just picturing Daffy Duck sitting across from you. You're trying to eat a salad, and they're spit and sliva flying everywhere.
Speaker 1: It's not even funny, Jeff, I thought it was pretty funny. I don't think it's funny. Savannah's laughing. I'm sorry. This whole thing is just insane, all right, it's rude. I think it's rude.
Speaker 2: I think Shelby, you should have been woman enough to say, hey, finish out the date and just say there wasn't a connection or you were not attracted to him in that way.
Speaker 1: That's all I'm saying, this is why.
Speaker 4: Or maybe sitting the next booth over.
Speaker 1: I just there's a certain way about going going about it.
Speaker 5: You go on a date with Nate then and you know you are single.
Speaker 1: I don't like spinners, Nate. I'm just actually, Nate, I'm just teasing. I'm teasing. I'm joking. I just think there's not a connection, so I'm not I'm not even going to offer another date or to pick up the tab.
Speaker 2: But listen, I appreciate you picking up, Shelby, because Nate deserves to have some answers and not just get ghosted like that.
Speaker 1: So I appreciate you least picking up the phone. And we're glad nobody got hurt in the car accident. Yes that's good too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, okay, all right, thanks.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you, Shelby, Nate. I'm glad you got your answers. Thank you so much for reaching out to us.
Speaker 3: Thank you for I don't know what to say, but yeah, thank you,