Speaker 1: This is Dan Capless and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Capla Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform.
Speaker 2: The hour two of The Dan Capla Show here with well kind of shaff Steve Raimes setting in as Dan does some trial prep for another one of his big cases. So I'll have the show all week. And that's to the chagrin of some of you and to the support of some of you. One of the texts that came in came in and said that myself and Brockler are the favorite fill ins for this particular listener and always likes to tune in on either of us are on. You know, Brockler and I talked about doing a combined show at some point, but I'm afraid that might get off the rails pretty fast, because.
Speaker 3: Which is a great thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we would have a good time, there's no doubt about that. He and I definitely throw shots at each other. But let's get to the show what we're really here for. I got a governor's candidate on the line, a mister will Bride. And I don't know much about Will and maybe you don't either as a listener, but you're about to get to hear why this gentleman has jumped in the race. Straight from his mouth, Will, how are you doing?
Speaker 4: Hello, Sheriff Reims. Thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: On you bet Will, And you know, I'm kind of trying to give as many of the candidates a platform if they take advantage of using it. And we spoke just a little bit earlier today and kind of trying to fill you out. But if you would just tell the listeners a little bit about who you are, kind of what your background is and what made you decide to jump in this Colorado governor's race.
Speaker 4: Right, I'm running because there's so many important issues, But the main issue that's affecting us right here in Colorado is our economy. This isn't a left or a right issue. It's either up or down if you invest in, whether any type of stock, or you buy some type of business or a home or whatever it is you wanted to go up. And unfortunately in Colorado, our economy was ranked fifth in the country in two thousand and three, but we've dropped to forty first. Our roads have dropped to forty third, our education has dropped to forty fifth. Now you probably know this, but unfortunately we've become one of the most dangerous violence yes states in the country. I heard we were at fifth, but someone told me recently that we've gone up to third. So we're going in the wrong direction. And the party that's been in charge for the last twenty years, I can't blame anyone else because they've been in charge has been taking us on a downward spiral. And we've got to turn this around. So we want to make it an up. We want to go up.
Speaker 2: We want to go up.
Speaker 4: We want to go up. And one of the main things we're going to do is we want to end state income tax here in Colorado. That is something we filed a ballot initiative. So I thought, if I'm running as governor for one state white campaign, why not run two. So I filed the Will of the People twenty twenty six to end state income tax. And so we are out there talking about a new state income text. And I've heard from other people say, wow, if you take away income taxes, well our roads are going to go down. Well we're at forty third, it's going to hurt our economy. Well, we're forty first. Our education is going to suffer. Well, when you're at the bottom, you got to fire a coach, throw away the playbook, and go with something new. Now, something interesting that I really like about Dan is he's a trial lawyer, and if he doesn't win, he doesn't get paid. I've been a trial lawyer for over twenty two years, and I know what it's like to make a case, to present it to a jury. So that we can show those decision makers who are going to be our jury, We've got to go get unaffiliated in the middle. We've got to go get some Democrats and say they aren't up or down left rights or up or down issues, come join with us so that we can restore our constitutional freedoms and our economic freedoms here in Colorado.
Speaker 2: So, how do you get that message out to the voters on the republican side or the unaffiliated side as you hinted to, how do you get that message through this? Through this i'll say left leaning mainstream media that we have here in the state of Colorado. How do you break through that wall if you.
Speaker 4: Will, Well, first you start like we are now. I'm going all over across the state to whether it's some breakfasts or Lincoln Day dinners, and I'm getting to meet people. But I've been a trial lawyer for over twenty two years and I've reached out to the Latino community. I speak Spanish. Even though my last name is McBride, my dad was a Mexican migrant worker, so some people may know me as Abogato William And I've been on Spanish television, radio and in the community and we've got to go reach I speak Spanish, so we've been advertising, spent millions of dollars over the years on television advertising and radio, but also serving the community in the area of personal injury, wrong full death, and where justice needs to be fought for after a brain injury or spinal cord injury. So kind of like what Dan exactly what Dan's doing. So I think that's something that we've got to be able to get the message out in English and in Spanish and getting out there and talking about hey, this isn't about that's right, this is up or down, and we want to be able to put more money in color Run's wallet so they can spend because I mean, face it, it's going to be about ten thousand dollars per household if we do away with state income tax. Now, the legislature will never get it through, but that doesn't matter, because we the people tell the government what to do, Like Ronald Reagan said, they don't tell us. We have a ballid initiative. We can repeal state income tax and that'll save about ten thousand per household. And there are two point three million households in Colorado. That's twenty three billion dollars that will be pumped back into our economy for consumers to spend. That's that's the message I'm trying to get out there. Let's build our businesses.
Speaker 2: Okay. And so the thought process there is, you're you're the cut tax candidate in some ways, I mean that I'm putting words into your mouth and taxes are in taxes. So what kind of reception have you got with the crowds that you've been out talking to with that, with that message, are you being received well?
Speaker 4: Well, from what I'm hearing, yeah, I mean people are like, well, what's the catch? Why would I say no to that? And in fact, sixty five percent of Coloraden's voted in twenty twenty two to reduce state income text. And the irony here is pol Us back in twenty twenty one. If you call my Facebook McBride for Governor Facebook or you'll see he was an advocate to ending state income text. I think this is a very uniting point that we can go out there and get others to join our conservative message. And look, it comes down to the three ms. If we want to win, it comes down to three ms. We've got to have our message, which I believe is the economy. You got to have the right messenger who's going to go make the case. I believe I've been doing that for twenty two years. I'm also a licensed day minister, so I know how to communicate with people. And then finally it comes down to money, money, money. It's like real estate, location, location, location. We have been outraised. We have been out raised and hasn't even been close. Pol Us in this last we had about thirty two million compared to maybe one or two million dollars before that same thing. And we got to get away from there's going to be a millionaire that's going to put a few million dollars in and then and raise three hundred thousand dollars and think we're going to have a chance of standing up to bureaucrat Bennett versus the will of the people. But if we can all come together and get behind one candidate early, because they've they've basically rallied around bureaucrat benit right. The will of the people is coming in twenty twenty six, and I believe that's Will McBride and I want to hear what people have to say, but it's going to take money to get it out there, and you can't get your message out there without the money. So I look forward to people joining. I'm putting money in. I'm self funding right now, but we're I think this is a message we can all take.
Speaker 2: So it's interesting because oftentimes if a candidate is willing to put their own money into their race, it kind of tells you their level of commitment. So I applaud you for that. If the listeners want to find out more about you, you mentioned Facebook. Where else can they find you? On x or? I think you said you had a web page.
Speaker 4: Yeah, McBride for governor dot com, McBride for Governor dot com, McBride for Governor, Facebook, any you can go for McBride for govern All social media is going to be McBride for governor. I think one is Will McBride for governor. But yeah, look forward to visiting. I know we're in Well County. We're going to be back for the rodeo or tomorrow. It's tomorrow. We have a yes, and the roady is going to be tomorrow. I got six kids. My kids are excited about that kind of stuff and so and then we're going to be back for the fourth. We'll be in the parade fourth there in world?
Speaker 2: Sure, Well, where are you based out of? I mean where you're running your campaign from Loan Tree.
Speaker 4: We'll live in Loan Tree in Douglas County and my office is in DTC, and I have offices in other states as well, but we're here in the South Denver area.
Speaker 2: Very good. Well, just I guess one final question before we cut to break. If you've got to pick one of the Democrats to run against Phil Wiser and Michael Bennett, which do you think is the easier the easier opponent to run against? Personally? I think it's Bennett because he's so boring. But what's your take on that?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 4: Right, the Democrats are going to raise the money they have, sure, and I'm not running against any candidate. I'm running against time and many. There's some really good, respectable Republicans running, good guys, but if they can't raise the money, they can't get their message out. And so I am running for the will of the people and I want to get out there and say whomever it is. In twenty thirteen was my last heavyweight boxing with USA Boxing in Kansas City, and all I do is I just prepare. I go into the ring. I'm ready to fight, and I want to be be the happy warrior, come in there and share what I need to do, be very positive. So you know, but I will tell you Democrats have been well funded, but we're going to change that. We are definitely. I mean Hicky Looper had forty five million in his last race, and so we've got to get out there and raise the money. So well, got or two.
Speaker 2: Give one last shout out to the listeners here, tell them why you versus the rest of the field. What do you bring that the rest doesn't leave us with that?
Speaker 4: Okay, I bring a mess. We're going to focus on the economy that's so important. But I have conservatives strong values that I won't deviate from, but we got to do it in a respectful way. And I'm the messenger. I've been making a case in court for twenty two years, like Dan's been doing, and if we don't win, we don't get paid. So I know what it's like to be able to communicate a message in a very positive way. And I will be able to communicate this message in English and in Spanish and be able to go out and get those unaffiliated voters and even some Democrats and find common ground using the message of our good economy. We want to get it. We want to fight to improve our economy.
Speaker 2: Which is bad right now.
Speaker 4: We're going to make it good. We're going to make it great, and then eliminate state incotext. I'm not going to ask you what I'm going to do as governor. What I am going to what I have done, is governor. When I get elected, will have state incompacts ended on January one, twenty twenty six, our twenty twenty seven, that'll be phased out. But then finally it's about the money. I believe I can go out there, I can raise the money because people aren't going to give money to a candidate they don't believe in and that it doesn't believe they have a chance to win. So I'm Will McBride. I look forward to fighting for you, just like I've done in the courtroom. And this is going to be bureaucrat Bennett well funded against the will of the people. And like Rob and Reagan once said, we the people tell the government to do it doesn't tell us absolutely no. We need to take the wheel, we need to go back and we need to fight. The will of the people's coming in twenty twenty six. Will McBride for governor and I'd be honored to earn your vote.
Speaker 2: Sounds good, Will, Thanks for coming on the show and thanks for bringing a little bit of energy to this discussion. Wish you the best of luck and hopefully we'll have you back on at some point. Again, that's Will McBride. You can find him on the Googles and everywhere else and get to know him, find out a little bit about his race, and again, thanks Will for being on. We're going to cut the break when we come back. We'll get a few updates here and get back to our text messages. If you're listening to the Dankplash Show here at six thirty k how with well Keny Sheriff Steve Reims filling in.
Speaker 3: And now back to the Dan Kaplis Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Dan's off doing trial prep and that music is obviously in reference to our last guest that Will McBride talking a little bit about how the money kind of drives these candidacies, and in Colorado, but in any state realistically, if you don't have the money, you can't get your message out. And you know, I think Will has an interesting approach to trying to get the energy behind him by saying, let's get rid of state income tax. I could support that for sure. I hate paying any kind of income tax. I hate paying taxes period, Like most people think taxation is theft. Just let me keep my money. But generated a few text messages here we got sheriff my apologies, but this guy needs to do a little bit more research. Colorado is second in crime in the crime rate. First in the state or first in the United States is New Mexico, and that is correct. I'm sure Colorado's fighting to become national champions. You know, we got to get to the top of the rung there. But another one here in reference to the moronic ed it in New York that's running to be the mayor. There are reports that membership is get membership is getting bigger for the Democratic Socialists because of mam Ranie. Uh. Just that just blows my mind.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: And then our good friend Steven Littleton, retired l e O. He says this state hasn't experienced enough pain to induce Colorado voters to admit that dim ideology is a failure. You know, he might be right. I hope, I hope you're wrong, Steve. I hope that you know that the middle of the road folks are just kind of setting as a silent majority right now saying we can't keep doing this. But uh, I'm always the optimist, and I want to believe that people see the things that are going on around them. But who knows. I mean, it's I can tell you as a sheriff, it's very frustrating to see our state legislature going one way while the common the common citizen is kind of going, this isn't what this isn't what we want, this isn't what we voted for. That played it self out very, very hugely in my office today. Some of you will remember a house build that was passed last year house built twenty four DASH eleven seventy four, and that was the redoing of the concealed weapon permit process. Where now when your permit starts to expire, you have to go out and take this refresher course. If you're newly applying, you have to take a two day course that takes twelve hours. You have to do a certain amount of shooting. You have to pass with a certain proficiency, a much higher proficiency. Your instructor has to be what they call a verified instructor. All that stuff goes into place tomorrow, so July one. So in the days and weeks leading up to this date, we've been inundated at the Weld County Sheriff's office with people who are trying to come in and beat that deadline to either apply under the current rules, the more realistic rules or laws, or they're trying to renew in that same window. So just to give an idea of how bad this Democrat policy fails when it comes to protecting people's Second Amendment rights. In Weald County, on average, we issue about twenty five to forty I say issue we either renew or issue concealed weapons permits at about that level every day at the Weld County Sheriff's Office, five days a week, somewhere between twenty five and forty permits a day. All last week they were issuing at least eighty a day, with Friday being the number of one twenty six. And I just got an update from my office staff that said today they had to stop taking applications at around three point thirty because they just couldn't continue to process the number of people we had waiting. And we've processed one hundred and eighty permits today through our tiny little lobby at the Weld County Sheriff's Office, just to keep people, you know, having access to their concealed weapon permit without having to jump through these extra hoops that the state legislatures put into place. And I just I can't help but point out when we hear gun crime in Denver or Aurora or even Weld County, the people that are committing that gun crime are not the people that are carrying their licensed I shouldn't even say license, they're concealed carry permit on them using their weapon. They're not the ones out committing crime. It's the little gangster, the underage kid who stolen out of a mom's house or out of a car on the street, or you know, those are the people that we are dealing with that are committing gun violence in this state. Or the nutball that goes into you know, a King Supers in Boulder with a very intentional plan. It's not the person who's going down and saying, hey, I want to protect myself. I want to get my concealed weapon permit. I want to be able to carry my gun on me in a legal fashion. But that's who this legislature focused on so much so that today I had every office staff available trying to help people to not be impacted by this law until you know, a five year window down the road when the permit expires and they have to then jump through these hoops that were created by a house built twenty four eleven seventy four. It's bad legislation. It was bad legislation when it was passed last year, and it's playing out exactly like we said it would. The honest people are still going to you know, they're going to go ahead and jump through the hoops because they want to carry their gun and they want to protect themselves. And the criminals are going to continue to be criminals because they don't follow the law, especially when it comes to carrying a concealed weapon. They just tuck it in the back of their pants and go about their business and don't expect to get caught because the crime that they're going to commit is far more extensive than the crime of carrying an unregistered CCW or an unlicensed CCW. It's ridiculous, but it's the policies of this state, and it's another reason why we need a good governor's candidate running on the Republican side. When we come back, we're going to talk to Justin Watada. He's the CEO of the Greeley Stampede because we happen to have this little thing going on in Weld County called the Stampede of our big rodeo and concert event. So when we come back from break, we'll have him here. Listening to the Dan Campless Show with Well Kenny Sheriff Steve Riams.
Speaker 3: You're listening to the Dan Kaplis Show podcast Steve.
Speaker 2: Reams and we're going to cut to our guests here pretty quickly, and I'm glad we use such a traditional country song leading into our next guest, as he's the CEO for the Greeley Stampede. But for those of you who have never been up to Weld County or to Greeley to go to the Greeley Stampede, you're really missing out. It's not quite a Metallica concert. It's a little more laid back, a little more western. But justin, I hope you're on the line with us and you can tell us all about the goings on at the Greeley Stampede this year. Thanks sure m.
Speaker 4: Thanks for having me today.
Speaker 2: You bet, And so justin for the listeners around the state who have never been to the Greeley Stampede, give them a flavor of what they're missing and tell them why they should be coming up to visit.
Speaker 5: First off, shame on them as they haven't been up really stampede. As this will be our one hundred and third community celebration. So it's been going on for quite a long time, and it started in nineteen twenty two as a local community celebration to bring the farmers into town and so they were giving away coffee and pie and it's kind of grown over throughout the years, and so we have about two hundred and fifty thousand people that come to Island.
Speaker 2: Grove Park every year.
Speaker 5: Rodeo and country music's kind of the backbone of the Stampede, but there's a lot of different attractions and entertainment to bring people.
Speaker 2: Here to Greeley. So, having said all that, what are some of the things that are still in the lineup for people if they want to go grab a concert or see a rodeo. What are some of the events that they can still catch and when does the Stampede.
Speaker 4: In So this year was a twelve day event.
Speaker 5: We started last Wednesday and now we're onto Monday, so we're onto nighttime rodeos.
Speaker 4: We have our Pink Rodeo tonight, Tomorrow's our First Responder.
Speaker 5: Appreciation Night, and then Wednesday's our rodeo finals, and then we'll go into the final weekend with American bull fighting and fireworks on July fourth, Heritage of Mexico Rodeo on Saturday, followed by the Parker McCollum concert, and then we'll wrap things up with the popular Demolition Derby on Sunday, July fish.
Speaker 2: I can tell you that that is an all time favorite to attend is that demolition derby. I don't miss it any year. Being a gearhead, I love it, especially when they put a few RVs out there and knock the crap out of each other and sometimes literally knocked the bathroom out onto to the arena floor. It's a great time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's definitely crazy.
Speaker 5: You know, it's four hours plus of cars crashing and it sold out.
Speaker 4: It actually sold out yesterday.
Speaker 5: So the only tickets available for that.
Speaker 4: Are pit passes.
Speaker 5: And what's cool about the pit passes is people can get a close view of the cars. Yeah, and you're right, the most popular heat that we have are the RV heats that come in at the very end, because once they get hitting and exploding, you'll see that toilet hanging off the side.
Speaker 4: Or it's just pretty cool.
Speaker 2: It's truly Americana at the Greeley Stampede, whether it's a rodeo, whether it's a concert or you know, the traditional demolition derby. Just for the people that haven't been. What other events do you have other than just the rodeo. I mean there's exhibits, there's food, you got you got a fairway there? What all you got going so.
Speaker 5: I would tell people if they haven't been in the stampede. We're kind of a local community celebration. We kind of call it a reunion that people come down to Island Grove Park every summer during the fourth July weekend and if.
Speaker 4: They come and visit, it's.
Speaker 5: A lot usually anchored around what's happening in the arena that's a concert or rodeo, but there's over forty food vendors, so it's that festival food everything fried on a stick. We have a lot of family entertainment and attractions. We have a big carnival midway as well as different things for the families. We have a a dog show or these are the dogs that jump into the pool.
Speaker 4: We also have a dinosaur attraction.
Speaker 5: So we have a lot of different things that people can come out. And one of our main things is that affordable family entertainment so when people coming that if you don't want to go to a concert rodeo, parker mission is five dollars for adults, two dollars for kids and seniors, so it's really relatively affordable day to come out to the Greeley Stampede.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you guys have done a phenomenal job and it just gets better every year. You know, there was there was some negativity around the event in years past, and I think you guys have shunned that and and moved on to a new direction. I mean, I love taking my family out there. We have a good time every time we go. And for the people in the state of Colorado who have not got a chance to go up to Greeley and see the Greeley Stampede, you're really missing out. Justin what what would you leave the listeners with as a as a bright point if if they really want to come up, what's what's the best day? Or you know, just just tell us why should they come and what's the best day to get up there?
Speaker 5: I think you should come to the Greeley Stampede because we have something a little bit for everybody. And our thing is once people who have never been to the Greeley Stampede come actually and experience of stampede, then they become annual every year they started a canning.
Speaker 4: And so what I would say, especially if people.
Speaker 5: Are driving a little farther to the Greely Stampede, I would make a weekend out of it. Come up for a Friday, Saturday, or spend a couple of days and then you can get to full full experience of the Stampede instead of just coming for one thing. And what I really tell people is what makes the Stampede is that full experience. It's more than a venue getting out of your car and going to a concert or rodeo and then getting back in your car.
Speaker 4: When you come here, you can have that festival food.
Speaker 5: You can see the fifteen longhorns during our daily prey to the park at six o'clock, split the sea and it come right up the middle.
Speaker 4: But there's a lot of just.
Speaker 5: Different things that we still celebrate here at the Greely Stampede that we welcome you with some Western hospitality.
Speaker 2: And it's way cheaper than a metallic a concert.
Speaker 4: That is true.
Speaker 5: So next time we'll have some country music coming into the introll.
Speaker 2: Justin thanks for coming on with us. I just wanted to get your event out there as best we could. Again, we appreciate you being on and being on the show with us, and good luck tonight. I know it's a busy event and you got something going on every night, so we'll let you get back to it. But again, thanks for being on the show with us.
Speaker 4: Sound great.
Speaker 5: Thanks gee.
Speaker 2: You know, for those of you who haven't been up to the Greeley Stampede, I mean, I've lived in Weld County since nineteen ninety five and it's just a cool event. There were a few years where we got some pretty negative rap, but the concerts are great, the venue is great. It's very safe place to be, it's very family friendly, and it's very affordable because it's in Weld County, and we try to make sure that, you know, we do things at the right price for the people that are up there working hard and putting in the sweat equity to go out and enjoy themselves a little bit for an evening and justin what Todd has just done a great job of organizing that, and so again, if you haven't been up there, please go and visit. It's also good for the tax base in Weld County. And that'll get me back to one of these text messages I got here, says Steve. If taxation is theft, howerre roads to be built, police and fire departments and school is going to be paid for, you know, you got a good point. There's just a there's a point where it goes too far, and when it feels like half of your income is going to taxes, or you're being taxed before you get paid, you're getting taxed on things you buy after you get paid. At some point the government's got to rein in its belt and say, Okay, we can do more with less. Another text here says share if your last guest, that's Will McBride, talked about doing away with state income tax, and the question is what is his alternative for income tax? You know, he didn't get to that, and quite honestly, we didn't have enough time to really dive in as much as i'd I would have liked to. I would encourage you to go check out his website and see if he has an alternative for where that funding is going to be or how the budget's gonna going to get made here here in Colorado without a state income tax. There's a lot of states that function without a state income tax. They tend to have a little higher property tax rate. But I don't know what his specific plan is, and that's for him to define. I'm not going to try to do that for him. And then one last one here before we go to break, I have someone asking me they live in Larimer County, but can they get their conceal weapons permitting? Well, unfortunately know and with a new state law it's even more stringent about you know, how the CCW process works or conceill weapons process works. I would encourage you, if you have insomnia, to read how Spilled twenty four DASH eleven seventy four and it'll give you an idea of just how difficult the process is going to be in the future compared to what it was. I guess what it was today and in the past. So we'll cut to break. When we come back, we'll have our last little segment and we'll do some clean up work here. Stick with us. You listen to Dan Capless show here on six point thirty k how with Well County Sheriff Steve Raimes setting in as a fill in, and.
Speaker 3: Now back to the Dan Kaplas Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Listen to that song oftentimes, while I'm riding my motorcycle around in Wild County, I think I might actually bring that thing down here tomorrow just to stretch the legs a little bit and get a chance to get out in the wind. And tomorrow when the show's open over I'm driving straight to the Greeley Independent Stampede and attending the law Enforcement Appreciation night at the Rodeo. So I'll ride my steel horse to the Rodeo.
Speaker 6: I think, you know, we got to get a picture of you with that outside the iHeart Studios here and put that up on the socials.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, i'd love to. We'll make it a plan, and then you know, they'll probably be a hailstorm. I'll get beat to death, so it tends to be how it goes.
Speaker 3: I don't tell anybody, and I know this is just between you and me and nobody else.
Speaker 2: Nobody's listening.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there are some car ports out there in back lot.
Speaker 6: Yeah they're not ours, Okay, they belong to whatever the businesses on the second floor.
Speaker 3: You know, if there's a few open and you're not taking anybody's, they're not like a sign. Put that steel horse right under there.
Speaker 2: That might not be a bad idea, but I don't know. I don't own anything that's so impressive that I'm not too worried about it. But I love my motorcycle. I love a chance to get to ride it. Plan. I'm going to Sturgis this year. The worst hail storm I've ever been in, though, was riding back from Sturgis on a previous motorcycle. I had to pull over on the side of the road and cover my head with my jacket because at that point I didn't wear a helmet. I hope my wife's not listening. I'm she's no, she doesn't care. I covered. I covered the least valuable thing on me, which was my head. Couldn't do any damage. Yeah, what are you gonna hurt?
Speaker 4: There?
Speaker 2: So looking forward to doing that again this year. Heading up to Sturgis and getting out on the bike tomorrow will be a good warm up for that.
Speaker 4: So good.
Speaker 3: Big question, Yeah, are you a Harley or Indian Motors?
Speaker 2: I'm a Harley guy? How do you feel about Indian Motors?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 2: I think they're fine. I mean, if I had to pick a second choice, I'd ride an Indian. They make some they make some cool bikes. But we had this debate on one of the previous shows, and they're technically owned by Polaris, so yeah, you know it's it's cool, but Harley's just got a heritage to it that even though they kind of misstepped and tried to go woke for a little bit. They're still Harley's and I just love them. They're simple bikes and they have a sound that's unmistakable, and I've just addicted to him. I love to ride. And they got off of that woke train right real fast. Yeah yeah, they did not make the mistake of bud light and saying oh yeah watch this now. They stopped pretty quickly. So so talking about just a couple of things here to clear up the show or clean up the show. An announcement came out from Ryan Armagost in HD sixty four saying he is leaving the General Assembly on September one. He's going to step down, moved to Arizona, and he's taken a job out there. So, you know, for those of you that are loyal listeners and listening to Dan show all the time, you probably remember we had Ryan on towards the end of the session. He was kind of battling it out with the Rocky Mountain gun owners and then we had RNGO representatives from RMGO, Dudley Brown and Ian Escalante. They were kind of having a war of words back and forth about you know, who allowed for the Democrats to do more damage to our gun rights in Colorado kind of back and forth, back and forth, and I hope that's not what that isn't what is driving Ryan Armagous to take a different a different route with his career. But you know, the best of luck to him. I think he's done a good job down there at the State House. With the terrible numbers that the Republicans have down there, Sometimes it's just a matter of fighting a good fight and trying to stall things out. And I think Ryan, as the House Minority whip, was doing all he could. You know, I can't imagine being in that environment and having much fun. But good luck to him and wherever he's going down in Arizona. And he says he's going to stay in the Second Amendment advocacy arena, So we'll see what that looks like in future years. But that might give us an opportunity to see who's going to step up and and and fill that seat. I don't even know exactly what that uh, that process looks like, looks like. I think there's a I think there's a vacancy committee that will actually appoint the next the next person for that seat. So maybe we'll see who that is and see if we get him on the show and I can provide a segue.
Speaker 6: Okay, what's tailing off at your point about Representative armagust and he's resigning to take a job in Arizona.
Speaker 2: I believe so better for him and his endeavors.
Speaker 6: But Representative Brandy Bradley has thrown her hat into the ring to be the next minority whip. Okay, Arma goust was and she'll be joining me tomorrow on my program. Ryan, she'll provide her and cool be interesting to see. I know she's been very outspoken, very vocal. So uh, you know, if you if you spend any time around Ryan, you know he's not necessarily the most vocal guy, but kind of a I called him a silent warrior sarmitage.
Speaker 2: Is it not me? You wrong? Ryan?
Speaker 4: Wrong?
Speaker 2: Ryan? You were definitely not a silent warrior. You're not silent about much. I'm so talking about silence. Did we really turn off Kelly's microphone because she's she's been silent for a while.
Speaker 4: I'm good, I'm here.
Speaker 2: I thought you were. I thought she were still in communist purgatory.
Speaker 3: She is, well, yeah, well Metallica does help.
Speaker 2: So I thought she was going to throw her back out over there, Agoe. So, Kelly, I just have to ask the Metallica concert, is that Is that the best concert you've ever been to or where's it rank?
Speaker 7: It was a really really good concert. I have to say, I've seen a c DC many times, and that was Those are always great concerts. Metallica is very solid. I will tell you Pantera looks a.
Speaker 4: Little bit old.
Speaker 2: Yeah they've been around a while.
Speaker 7: Yeah they're aging a little, but no, they're they were solid. I also was one of the I don't know if you want to say fortunate ones in La when Guns N' Roses, Rolling Stones and Metallica actually played the triple show. And that was when Axel was a baby and he didn't come out for two hours.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, and the crowd really ticked off.
Speaker 7: Yes, the crowd was not happy.
Speaker 2: Was the reason because Axl rose.
Speaker 7: But it was weird because they were sandwiched in between Rolling Stones, who came on first, and then Metallica, who came on last, and so there was like this two hour gap in between and you had to wait for that. It didn't go like that last night, but I will I'll tell you I can I can say that I'm not twenty one anymore.
Speaker 2: Gotcha, gotcha? Well, thanks for tuning in out there. If you're Dan Caplis's loyal follower, you will not have him for the next two days. You'll have me, but please tune in anyways. We're going to have some more governor's candidates on in the next couple of days, and we'll try to make sure we give all these guys a platform to explain why they're running. Again. Thanks for tuning in to the Dan Capless Show here on six point thirty k how with Well Kenny Sheriff Steve Rams setting in as a feeling