Speaker 1: It's Night Side with Dan Ray WBS Costin's Radio.
Speaker 2: All right, welcome back everybody. Before we get back to our topics, I just want to thank everyone who joined us yesterday at the Neiroli Restaurant in Westwood. We had a big crowd. A lot of people were there from all over our Nightside audience in different different states. There were one hundred and seventy eight people who made reservations and I think most, if not all, showed up. We had two seatings, one at noon and one at twelve thirty. I want to thank Joanna Douglas from the Neiroli Restaurant, and most of all, I want to thank the Winnaker Band Bo and Bill Winnaker, as well as Cindy Gail their song their Chantous I guess would be the way their singer Neil Green on the piano, and also doctor Dan Carp, a Bostonian by birth who graduated from Boston Land School in nineteen sixty five and has had an amazing career as an oncologist. He was there. He played the piano a little bit for a little while as well. There were lots of great people there. I met just about everybody there spent three hours talking with nightside listeners. Didn't eat lunch, didn't eat breakfast, didn't eat bunch, whatever you want to call it, on Sunday between eleven and two. But had a ball. And I believe that Marita has posted a bunch of pictures on our Instagram account and probably on Facebook as well. Check it out for sure. Thank all of you so much. It has been It's just was a wonderful day. It was a cold, windy, late April day, a perfect day to be in a nice restaurant in Westwood. It recommended highly and it was. It was really a blast. So I just want to say thanks to all who showed up, and maybe we'll do it again, simple as that. All Right, We're talking right now about the Karen Reid case, the Karen Reid case that is now being in its sect, its second trial, it's retrial, and I thought that today the prosecution had a pretty effective presentation with this one witness, Ian Whitten, who is a digital intelligence expert, who basically said that the cell phone of the victim in this case, John O'Keefe, was in the proximity of the front lawn for the entirety from the moment that he left that vehicle until his body was discovered around six o'clock. Left that vehicle a little after twelve thirty, the vehicle driven by Karen Reid, and it also there the digital forensics showed his least, his examination of the cell phone showed that the temperature of the battery dropped from eighty degrees down to thirty seven degrees when his body was discovered. Now, make of that what you want. I found it to be pretty effective. Obviously, there's a lot of pieces of evidence and testimony that this story's going to deal with, and who knows where it ends up. I just think that the prosecution has had a couple of pretty good days here and has been more effective at the beginning of this trial than it was at the beginning of the first trial. My comments love to hear from you. Where we're going to go next. Let's go to Mark in Cambridge has held over, as has Amy and Lakeville and Alex and Millis. We'll get to all of them, I promise. Let's go to Mark in Cambridge. Mark your thoughts. If you had a chance to review today some of the testimony that went in from this this intel diligence digital intelligence expert.
Speaker 3: Thank you, said effect Dan, how are you go?
Speaker 2: Right ahead? Mark, I feel like I might have surprised you here. Welcome, welcome, Welcome.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I would say, yeah, Hank Gwenny is good. I mean, I mean he put on a good demonstration. I mean I didn't follow it one understand. I know I have TV. I probably was sleeping anyway, but I was just seeing clip. I'm sorry, you know.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: Well, the point, the point I made last hour, and I'd be interested in your thoughts on this, Mark, is that I think we have all become conditioned. Even the skeptics amongst us have said, hey, this forensic evidence thing, whether it's d n A or you know, digital readings of devices. Uh, you know, we all are familiar now, I think with ways and those different items that can tell you which way to turn in the parking lot to get to where you want to get to, turn right, turn left over the street. So I think it would be and we watch CSI this and CSI that. I watch Tracker on Sunday nights, which is the way I end my weekend. So I think all of us have kind of come to the conclusion Hey, this stuff has some has some probate value.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, I agree with you on that, Yes, it does.
Speaker 3: I also want to say that.
Speaker 6: This is what I don't like about. I mean, I told you this before. You know, I've been watching Karen read from Eclipse, and she's always smirking and think of I mean, in my opinion, she thinks it's a joke because she's smirking and smiling and like it's a big show. I mean, you know, I don't you know me personally, I don't like that. I mean, you're facing a manslaughter case.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Someone, you're facing a second in the worst case scenario, it's a second degree murder case. I mean, that's one of the countries looking at She's looking at a second degree murder, which is fifteen years before you're eligible for parole in Massachusetts.
Speaker 1: That's a long time.
Speaker 2: Manslaughter as well as leaving to see of an accident.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I also think that this is someone who she at one point had a very you know, personal positive relationship with and whatever the cause of his death, you would think it would be something that that that she might show a little more empathy, is what I'm trying to say. I mean, certainly the interviews that she did, the TV interviews that she did between the trials, I don't think are going to help her with any jury and that that evidently he's been at.
Speaker 3: And also they say the police thinking this the big cover up this, and I'm not I'm not buying that theory because no law enforcement, at least the good offices, no law enforcement office, is going to risk their career, their houses and everything to plant evidence. I don't. I don't.
Speaker 5: I'm not buying that, man. I'm just not buying that.
Speaker 2: You know, well, I'm even taking it one step further than you, Mark, and that is that if let us say something happened in that house. If O'Keefe went into that house and some sort of an argument ensued and somehow some way someone pushed him or hit him, or he fell down and he hit his head, and they realized this guy's dead, well, the first thing to do would be, I think, to call for e mts and try to try.
Speaker 3: To help, right exactly right.
Speaker 2: And then even if they came to the conclusion there's nothing we can do. He's dead. Do you plant him on the front lawn? Do you just carry him out of the house and put him on the front level. I mean, what are the chances that that as you're carryed, you know, he's he's you know, carrying him out down the steps in a snowstorm, some some police cars going to drive by, or any anyone's going to drive by way? What are you doing there? Oh, friends, just had a little bit too much to drink. We're just gonna put him here at the front lawn to sober him up. I don't know, Yeah, that's Harry.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you know, like I said, Man, I mean so that judge, Judge Coloney, I don't know, she's just she geta found guilty. I think I truly believe this because she thinks even Judge Colony told her, oh you think this is funny. I remember that, And I tell you.
Speaker 2: That was that was a comment that the judge made. Yeah, and I'm sure that.
Speaker 3: He's gonna ha her.
Speaker 5: She's gonna hammer her.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't be surprised she'd take him in the customer right then and there. I tell you she's.
Speaker 2: Well, we're getting ahead of ourselves here, so we'll just we'll just continue to focus on today. Hey, Mark, appreciate your call. We'll talk again.
Speaker 3: Thank you much, thank you and Goo Celtics.
Speaker 2: Yes, I think they're doing pretty well. Thanks Mark, touch you so good night. We got Amy and lake theyll coming up. The only line that is open in six, seven, nine, ten thirty. I don't want you to waste your time. The other lines are full six one, seven, nine, three one ten thirty. We will if we if we go to eleven, we will change topics at eleven, I promise. So you want to get your thoughts in, now's the time to do it. Coming back on Nightside.
Speaker 1: You're on night Side with Dan ray onell you Bzy Boston's news Radio.
Speaker 2: Back to the phones we go, going to go to Amy in Lakeville. Amy, appreciate your patience, Thanks for holding through the news.
Speaker 4: Go right ahead, Amy, no problem, Thank you so much. Dan. So I want to start off first by saying I'm a Karen Reed supporter and I don't think that she's going to be found guilty.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: I did not work out in the way today, so I didn't see the witnesses today, so I'm going to be watching it tonight. Sure, but I think that once all the other witnesses, just like in the first trial go through. I think there's a lot of ah situations that are going to.
Speaker 5: Continue to raise the reasonable.
Speaker 4: Doubt and they're not gonna be able to convict her, meaning that you know, the everybody getting rid of their cell phones, the dog was rehomed, the basement was redone, So I believe he went into the house and like a previous caller said, everyone was drinking and they might have been joking around. There was a lot of jim equipments there and I think he it was I think it was a total accident in his head, you know, sustained a skull fracture, and I think he was kind of tossed out to the front lawn. And those bites on his arm or those marks on his arm are definitely dog bites. I'm a registered in the bergency department.
Speaker 2: And give me, let me, let me gently challenge you want it, okay, just for the fun of it. Uh, there's a bunch of you know, police or police related individuals there. You know, police are not dumb by putting him out of the front lawn. What is accomplished by that? I mean, did they think like he's going to disappear overnight? I mean out of sight out of mind.
Speaker 4: I don't know, but I think it's also suspect that there was a retired chief across the street. There was a retired Boston cop a thirty four fair View. I think it's odd. I mean, when there's flashing lights on my street, I'm like, what's going on? I'll look at and I might go outside. Nobody came outside.
Speaker 2: Well, they weren't flashing lights until.
Speaker 4: The morning, right, well until the morning until six o'clock from the ambulance.
Speaker 2: Right at that point, people came outside. But what I'm saying is if the people in the house knew that something horrible had happened, okay, and whether it was you know, an intentional punch throwne or an in burtened, you know, a push and a shove and somebody fell down the flight of stairs and hit their head, which can happen, okay, would they literally take the chance of, well, let's just carry him and put him in the front lawn. I would think that that if police were concerned, they either would get a story together and say, look, you know, he slipped and he fell, right, he slipped and fell. Let's call the police and explain he slipped and fell he'd been drinking whatever, or they would have taken him somewhere to the Blue Hills at two o'clock in the morning and he would have been found when when when spring came. I don't know. I just I had this in my mind. I wrestle with and I think to myself, no matter how drunk people might have been, and I'm not suggesting they were, but there was some pretty good suggesting people had been drinking. No matter how drunk people had been, would have that been the the option? I don't know, would that?
Speaker 4: I think there was also a kind of a contentious relationship between the HTF agent Higgins and John O'Keeffe, and Higgins, you know his relationship with Karen and the text. It's I watched the first trial, almost all of it, you know, I take it watched when at home. So I think the witnesses that are going to be coming up, it's interesting that they put this, this these witnesses out now because you know that and I know the jury has been made away.
Speaker 2: So so let me ask you this, This the the witness who was on today, This this technical digital forensic expert.
Speaker 4: Okay with it?
Speaker 2: Did he testifying the first trial? Yes, Okay, And how did the defense counter his testimony. I assume it was the same today as it was in the first trial.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to think back. It was so long ago.
Speaker 2: Okay, Nope, I just didn't know. I found it to be fairly. I found it to be a credible witness today. And I also think that the public has now come to accept the concept of forensics evidence. Forensic evidence, whether it's you know, blood samples, DNA and that sort of thing, or you know, digital markings, as I think we was testifying today that the phone never never moved for that five and a half hours. It was always pined in the same location at various points in time. Uh. And that uh, And that the temperature of the phone, the battery went from eighty down to thirty seven. That would have happened now you could you could argue, well, maybe he he stumbled in and the phone fell out of his pocket. Okay, I guess you could make that argument, you know, I guess.
Speaker 4: But John's temperature was steady when he got to good Smaradan. Yeah, it's very cold.
Speaker 2: That's pretty cold. So that would say that somebody was outside for a while.
Speaker 4: For sure, for sure.
Speaker 2: So is it more likely than not in your mind that there was some sort of either an accident and impact or he just got out of the car and tripped and fell and hit his head and she didn't see him and she drove off. But the third option being he went in the house, got beat up, and they planted him at the lawn, which one of those is more likely in your mind.
Speaker 4: In my mind, it's the third option, because he suffered a skull fracture and he had the they're called battle eyes when you suffer a basil or skull fracture. That's why his eyes were so swollen, black and blue.
Speaker 2: Then you think that this group of police officers inside the house said we got a great idea, let's put him in the front lawn. You don't think anybody said, well, but is that what police officers under pressure would do with a body with a dead body?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Or the second option that he tripped and he fell, Maybe he fell hit his head on the curb, and.
Speaker 2: That would be more credible to me. That would be more credible to me than the idea that somehow, you know, I would think that if this is just me, Okay, I haven't covered this trial. So I would think that if there were five or six police officers or whatever.
Speaker 3: The number was too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well police professionals who were there, that they would have said, look, put him in a car and get him out of here. Let's kick him up to the Blue Hills and put him carry him, you know, sixty yards into the into the brush. And uh, I think, I don't know, you think that they got you. You you accept the fact that they just said, put him on the front lawn. Don't worry about it.
Speaker 3: I don't know that.
Speaker 4: You know, maybe they'll say the cloud hit him and I don't know, we'll see. I also think that the investigation from the get go was you know, okay, okays, Oh, I think you're right on.
Speaker 2: That go to agree with you that one. That's from everything that I've read, every oppression I have. Well, look, thank you. I really do appreciate hearing from you, and I hope you'll continue to follow this and if at some point your mind changes, let me know I will.
Speaker 4: I'm looking at you every day on the way home from work. I get out very much.
Speaker 2: And you work. You work obviously in the you work as a.
Speaker 4: Emergency in a community hospital.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you. For what you do.
Speaker 5: Thank you for thank you.
Speaker 4: And I've seen my share of dog bites and they're not they're not good.
Speaker 2: All right, thanks so much, talk soon, good bye, Okay, good night. Here comes the news at the bottom of the hour. We'll be back the only line right now, six one, seven thirty, coming right back on Night Shot.
Speaker 1: It's Night Side with Ray, Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: We're getting reaction. We probably would do this at least once a week, or more often if necessary, when they're important witnesses. I was taken by the digital forensic testimony today. Let's see what Alex and Millis has to say. Alex here next to on Nightside. I hope you had a great Greek Independence Day yesterday, Alex.
Speaker 7: It was.
Speaker 8: It was awesome. My son marched and we were, you know, we had a lot of floats and I can my hat's off to the City of Boston and the Boston police. They really a couple of the police officers were holding Greek flags. So that made me like really really, you know, kind of uh, you know, so proud.
Speaker 2: All right, let's let's talk about the Karen Reid reads while go ahead.
Speaker 8: Okay, you know what they say if you cannot say anything nice about a person, don't say anything at all. But I'm gonna my mother told me, you like that that rule. Actually, she comes he and reminds me of remember Pam Smart. She comes across as very arrogant, and the way she prances or walks, you know, and her attitude.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 8: I mean, the juris are going to see this because they look at the body language, don't they. I mean, I feel bad for the woman, but you know, all she's known for is you know, a night of heavy drinking with her police officer boyfriend, you know. And what's that tell you? You know, is that is that like being irresponsible? Now she's she was a professional. She was, you know, an educator or whatever you find now.
Speaker 2: She taught she taught business in college.
Speaker 8: Yuh yeah. So if I'm on the jury and and you know the way she she carries herself, it tells me that she's kind of insensitive. I don't know, you know, like you're not You're supposed to look at the facts. But that's part of it too, you know, the body language.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I will tell you that. The headline in the Boston Globe tomorrow will be expert testifies in Karen readtrial that John O'Keefe's phone stopped moving soon after he was dropped off at Canton home. That's by Travis Anderson's. That will be their story tomorrow, I think in the globe, so we'll say, I mean, you know, we can make judgments and what different people see in demeanor. I just had the thought I talked about demeanor tonight has nothing to do with her physical appearance. A demeanor is the way a person carries themselves, and then you have to mix in with that some of the television interviews. I don't understand why her lawyers allowed her to do TV interviews. It seems to me that maybe they are convinced she's innocent. You know, I believe there is a quote of public opinion. I function in that in what I call the quote of public opinion on behalf of Joseph Body and subsequently Peter Lamoni, two men who were wrongfully and intentionally convicted for crime they never had anything to do with. But a lot of we had a lot of evidence on that case that we described over time. A lot of it was.
Speaker 8: With the saphone data. That kind of tells me, well, you know, maybe he didn't go in the house because the temperature remained constant on the phone.
Speaker 2: You know, Well, the temperature didn't remain constant. The temperature, that's what I thought. They said, No, No, the temperature on the phone battery apparently dropped from eighty degrees to as low as thirty seven degrees at the time that his body was discovered, and that was that. Those are forensics. Those are forensics from the phone. Unless the defense can defeat those forensics, I think those are going to stick in the mind of the jury. Alex again, glad you had a great day yesterday. I got to keep rolling here.
Speaker 8: Okayet your suits some by the time.
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you much. Let me go to Lola in San Diego. Lola is a big advocate for the innocence of Karen Reid. Go right ahead, Lola.
Speaker 7: Well, yeah, hi Dan, So you know we could talk to the Kyles come home. So it's four different website, four different pages on Facebook supporting Karen Reid that people can go look and read and discover what we're all talking about. So one particular thing, Well, before.
Speaker 2: You get to that, I'll give you a chance to publicize Facebook, But did you get a chance to watch the forensic testimony that I came in today.
Speaker 5: I did, I did.
Speaker 7: I listened to that gentleman that was on the stands. So there's all kinds of thing with me.
Speaker 2: What was I'm just again as somebody that as someone who believes in the innocence of Karen Reid, do you think that that hurt her case? Do you think it's irrelevant? How would you describe it?
Speaker 7: I'd say it's neutral. It's neutral because the phone temperature. He could have dropped the phone when he walked in the house and then they found it, and then they brought it outside they couldn't. There's all kinds of speculation. So you've got I don't know all the guy's names, but there's a police officer who was an ATF guy. He brought his phone to a military base and he threw the phone in one dumpster, and he took the simcat out and threw it in another dumpster. They destroyed. They all the police officers that were there and the people that were in that house, they all got new phones, destroyed the phone. The dog went missing. They dug up the floor. But this thing what I want to tell you about, there's a picture of the SUV that was Karen's. And there's a bump of god that sticks out so you could, like, I guess, open and step in. There's like a step thing that sticks out more, that sticks out more than the tail light. So how could the tail light hit him? The bumper the bumper thing would have hit him first. He didn't have any injuries, like at the lower extremities to say, well he got hit from the from the bottom. But I'm loostening and I'm reading all kinds of people's speculations and ideas, and so remember it's reasonable doubt beyond a reasonable doubt. And so Trooper Proctor getting he was the lead investigator and they fired him. He was he was an officer that was drinking and driving on the job. So you talk about police and this and that this good police, there's bad police. I also heard, and I'll just to shoot this that John O'Keefe was investigating some kind of activity of people doing some kind of trafficking. Because I don't have the details.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well again without without without the detail. First of all, if you had the details, I would be hesitant to talk about details. And without details, no, I know that I appreciate that. So let me ask you this. You're convinced O'Keefe went in the house, some sort of a fight ensued and they realized he's dead.
Speaker 7: Right, yes, because somebody in that Again, hold.
Speaker 2: On, I'm just gonna ask you from what? From common sense? Okay? So at some point someone said, what are you going to do with this guy? Someone said, let's put him on the front lawn. That's a good idea. Let's carry him out to the front lawn. Is that how you think happened.
Speaker 7: Yes, let me tell you why. It's just.
Speaker 4: The guy lucky.
Speaker 7: The plows of the street. He kept going around and around and around, and he never saw anybody on the ground. He was plowing all that night. Now, if anybody was going to see a body, it would have been the plow guy. You know how. I know that my dad plowed.
Speaker 2: That's that's fine. My question to you is this, I don't know how many times he plowed that street. My question to you is this, you believe the body was carried out of the house or transported out of the house by the inhabitants of the house, right.
Speaker 7: Yes, yes, because it's not.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: So my question then, is my question, then, is what were they thinking. I mean, do you think one of them said, well, you know what, do you think maybe one of them said, you know, I got kind of a funny suspicion. I'm gonna bet you that Karen Reid's dropped him off, and she might have maybe her back headlight is broken, I mean, think it.
Speaker 7: You know, I just told you why the headlight couldn't be broken. It was crapped from something else.
Speaker 2: So now if someone inside says let's put him on the front lawn, they'll never find him there.
Speaker 7: I think. No, I don't think that's no. No, I don't think that's what they were thinking. I don't think they were thinking that's what I think they panicked. They were all drinking. Everybody was drinking, everybody, and not one.
Speaker 2: Of them seeing another cop on the ground. Who just someone beat the heck out of it. That didn't sober anybody up. Everybody everybody at that point said no, hey, let's let's keep this party rolling. Here. I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 7: Here's the thing. We don't we don't know. We're all speculating based on the evidence, and we're just you know, I'm rooting for this side. You can root for that side, but I'm not room for anybody.
Speaker 2: I'm not I gotta tell you, I'm not rooting for anybody. I'm rooting that that we somehow figure out what happened here because a guy, and it could have been a woman, but a person. Yes, yes, that's all all right, all right, Lola, I got to run here.
Speaker 7: Thanks you, thanks for covering the story. And go on Facebook and find those pages. Just google on Facebook. Just put in question Karen, read all the pages who come out all right?
Speaker 2: Thanks, thanks Lola, thank you much. Let's keep rolling here. Going to go to Jim in Holliston, one of my favorite communities in Massachusetts. Jim, You're next on Nightside.
Speaker 5: Thanks Dan, Thank you ahead. I don't understand the commotion and the coverage of this because you know, she's nobody. He's obviously an important person. He was a clop for sixteen years in Boston. I don't understand the coverage. You think she was famous or Kadashian or somebody from Beacon Hill with something. But it's just you know, every time I hear it on TV, I turn it off. I turn it off on the radio. I'm so sick of listening to it, I find it, you know, ridiculous. Now, the inside information I had back a while ago during the first trial was that the cops one of their sons was dealing drugs. And uh, the officer I can't think of his first name.
Speaker 2: That got killed, well, John O'Keefe, do me a favorite. Don't mention the name of an officer or the son of an officer. So you think that that O'Keefe was suspicious of someone dealing drugs, just leave it like that, please, if you don't mind.
Speaker 5: Right, they were suspicious dealing drugs, and he went and reported it to the town. The town being the town and being what it is, obviously covered itself. And whatever actually happened at the party, I don't know, because obviously no one does. But my understanding was that he was beat up inside or the inside information that he had given to the town.
Speaker 2: So therefore, what you're telling me is an experienced Boston police officer ratted someone out or gave a tip to the town about a drug dealer, and then he went into a house where there would be some people in that house who were somehow related to this alleged drug dealers. That's what you're telling me.
Speaker 5: That's what the inside information that I have.
Speaker 2: Well, again, whenever someone classifies it as inside information, I'm not trying to diminish.
Speaker 5: Comes from the Boston. It comes from people.
Speaker 2: Again, I'm not asking you to tell me who it came from. Okay, I'm not asking tell me.
Speaker 5: I don't spread rumors. Okay, let's do this.
Speaker 2: There won't be any rumors at the trial. Let's see what is presented in evidence at the trial. This is now the second trial, and let's see if the result. You know, a trial is like a scientific experiment when you think about it. You know the type of scientific experiments you did in high school in chemistry when you were in a sophomore.
Speaker 5: I've been to fifty of them. Yeah, my dad was a trial lawyer for forty seven years.
Speaker 2: Okay, great, Okay, great. So that's what I view it as as a different jury can come back sometimes with a different results. You hope that they are consistent, but a different jury come back with different results. Jim, we'll let it go with that. I got past my break. I didn't want to have you wait through.
Speaker 5: The hold on second place. I don't think he's getting the respect and the clarification that he should in this case. And I don't understand why everybody's spending their attention on her and nothing on him. After you know, his his brother's kids die, he took over, he took the net.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, no, that that will all. I'm sure that that has all come in. That's been reported said. Okay, Jim, hear that on the news.
Speaker 5: All you hear about.
Speaker 2: Okay, Jim, I got to run. I appreciate your call. I took you before the break.
Speaker 5: I thank you for your appreciate your patience.
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you. Sometimes I do have patience. We'll be back on Nightside right after this.
Speaker 1: It's night Side with Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: Boy, these lines are full. Let's keep rolling here. Let's go to j D and Leminster. JD you're next on Nightside, Go right ahead. Okay, not ready, JD, you're ready, let's go. What's I'm your mind?
Speaker 3: Go ahead?
Speaker 9: And so I'm gonna talk about see your callers there and you have been talking about. You don't believe that they just you know, left them out there in the snow. So my working theory is he'd go in there, where's bad beef between all of them and the original plan was to I believe that they didn't try to, you know, kill him. I think that they just maybe that there was a fight and he may become incapacitated to maybe at a seizure, and they panicked and they think they were going to bring him outside. And the plan originally was they're going to bring him out, pock the car there and have it blocked to view, and they're gonna say in the morning that he was hit by a plow and that would definitely explain the animal bites that could look like abrasions from plow, and I could believe that, and also with the head lacerations. And I think when the car was moved, there was enough snow where they could say he was hidden in the snow bank, and that was an explanation. And I think in the morning, when Karen Reid came and she might have said I hit him because she was so scared, they mantally changed their plans to say that that was much much easier.
Speaker 2: Okay, well that's a little bit of a different spin, all right. Appreciate that one, Jad, thank you much.
Speaker 9: The other thing, Dan, I get one more time, do so. The other thing, too is I'm in industry of public safety, and I've seen a lot of people hit by motor vehicles, and when somebody hits a man of that size, even at thirty miles per hour without breaking, there should be a lot more damage to the vehicle, not just to tell like the rear corner. The Papa should have been damaged, you know, and not eat if he was you know, maybe kneeling down and they're saying that, and his head was at the level of the tail light. If she would hit him, he wouldn't have fown back forty feet, would have be un over and there were no car marks on his body. And that's my opinion on this.
Speaker 2: All right, Thanks, Jad, appreciate your call. Thank you. Let me go next to Matt and Florida. Matt Money, get you in here before the eleven go ahead, and Matt.
Speaker 10: Dan, you got to carry this in the next hour. Dan, I really feel I'm kind of annoyed with you on this. Are you really are you being deliberately obtuse about this about why did they put the body in the front yard, Like you've been on that for like the whole trial, the whole case since it started, Like, oh, they put him out there because they didn't want him near the what actually happen. That's why it's not a stupid thing to do if you if you're them. What I want to know is the girl who showed up with Karen Reid in the morning, Jenn mc I won't say her name. She was the sister in law of the people in the house.
Speaker 5: If you your sister in law lives in.
Speaker 10: The house, aren't you gonna go knock on the door and be like, hey, hey, you gotta come out here and help. This guy's dead in your front lawn. She never even went to the front door to wake them up. Anyone in the universe is gonna go run to their sister. It's her sister. It's her sister and her brother in law's house, and she doesn't approach the house at all or try to get their attention. I mean, what the hell is going on? It's so obvious. You got to watch watch some of these documentaries.
Speaker 2: Dad.
Speaker 10: It's like, I just don't know how you can get up.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to limit myself to what I see in court.
Speaker 10: Right, Okay, Well yeah, well you're not watching the case.
Speaker 3: You gotta see it.
Speaker 10: I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just look, I am not predicting the result. I am not following. I have a belief that I really haven't expressed as to what happened. I just find it incredible, incredible that when let's assume the guy was in the house and he got they beat him up. Okay, let's assume that. Or let's assume someone threw a punch and he hit his head and he he you know whatever. Now you're telling me, at least the police that I know, are going to say, what are we going to do with this guy? We got a body here in our house. What do we Let's put him in the front lawn. That'll be a good idea. I don't think that would have been the first thing they would have thought of.
Speaker 11: They probably would have said, let's get him out of here. Let's let's let's get him put him in the woods somewhere so that, you know, he whatever, and he'll be found six months.
Speaker 10: Just say that part, Well, that's fair, that's fair.
Speaker 3: So my apologies on that.
Speaker 10: I didn't mean to come across that. You I mean.
Speaker 2: That I'm a big boy, Matt. I have friends, Matt, you and I are friends. Okay, I want you to express I love my best call, one of my best calls. You're always yeah.
Speaker 10: Good guy made the point, look at the evidence. They're saying they're all asleep in the house, Well, then why did the why are they moving their car around at three in the morning when they're supposed to be asleep. But the plow driver testify he's saying, and this is the evidence that the plow guy saw saw the one of their cars uh moving around at three o'clock like it's because they I think they were gonna let him leave the house on his.
Speaker 3: Own, on his own.
Speaker 10: And they eventually realize, holy crap, this guy's dead, Like, we got to get him out of here. So they moved them through the garage, they moved the car, uh, and you know they're all lying there.
Speaker 3: And then can I say one other thing real quick.
Speaker 10: Why hasn't a single person from that house come out publicly and said, you keeople are all insane, we had nothing to do with this, blah blah blah.
Speaker 3: They've been so quiet.
Speaker 10: It's it's so suspicious to me that not a single one of them have come out to the news to talk about it or anything.
Speaker 5: It's so obvious these people buy it, got it.
Speaker 2: I got it. I love your passion and uh, let's they say. I'm not insulted by your call at all.
Speaker 10: I'm just no, no, you know, I'm just giving you.
Speaker 2: The I listened today to this forensic expert who I found to be credible. Did you happen to hear this guy in the understand today or no?
Speaker 10: Well, I don't call him incredible because where was he in the first trial. They just pulled this guy out the right field, you know, like you.
Speaker 2: I'm told, I'm told that he did testify in the first trial. I'm here anything, okay, I gotta run. Thanks, I appreciate it, all right, let me get one more in here, rob what do I have? Do I have two minutes? Two minutes? Great, Well, let's go to Kristin and Franklin. Kristin, won't you won't make you wake through the news? You go right ahead. What's your take?
Speaker 12: I can I'll be really quick. I talked to you about a year ago to the day regarding this Keith. Yeah, she did it. I'm getting stressed hearing all these fabricated things people are saying. As you said, we've been testified last year. People are not listening to the facts. Of the case. They're on those Facebook pages. They're vile, they're so much information that's been on your show tonight is just not true. As you said, they're a bunch of policemen there weren't don't even know how much everyone was drinking. But Karen did they have cocktails and go out. Sure, there's no conspiracy. This has been said by her prosecutors for two years now, and I just can't even tell you how much. It was a horrible accident and it's just so hard to hear all this misinformation.
Speaker 2: Well again, that's really hard. We entertained callers and that's we talk about it. And just as these conversations are going on in households across New England and across the country, they're on Tonight or Nightside. I found the forensic testimony today to be credible. I also believe that from a from a societal point of view, this sort of testimony is more credible today than it was twenty years ago. People now are saying, okay, DNA testimony, We accept that, and you know it's it has has a ring of truth to it. But let's see, we'll see what happens.
Speaker 12: Brennan is going to continue to clean up the holes that the prosecution had last trial. And I really think people are going to open their eyes and you know, see the fact that maybe it wasn't clean enough to show as well.
Speaker 2: Left We'll see. I think I think Brennan has had a better start than Lonley did. Let's put it like that. Kristin, I got a run. I got it.
Speaker 12: I'm not calling you in a year from now.
Speaker 2: I hope to hear from you more often. Okay, thanks Kristin. By the way, tonight the BBC is reporting that the Liberal Prime Minister of Canada, Mark Corney's party will win the election. Uh and certainly that is something that Donald Trump is not looking to hear. We will continue to talk about Karen Reid on the other side, you folks decide the subject at hand. Coming back on night side