Speaker 1: Murder, mysteries and laughter. We are a husband and wife duo with an affinity for creepy stories. Wicked and Grim will take us through the world of devilish tales and the possibility of live and lighthearted marital disputes. So sit back and relax. We're going to get into a Q and A episode here on Wicked and Grim.
Speaker 2: Warning materials your audience listeners, This question is.
Speaker 1: Hey, I'm Nicole, I'm Ben, and you're listening to a Q and A of Wicked and.
Speaker 2: Grim True crime podcast.
Speaker 1: Q and a Q and a Q and A questions and answers here we go. So if you didn't already hear from last episode and the episode before that, we've been warning. Yeah, we have been. This week is a Q and A. Nicole is actually on vacation right now. This is pre recorded, so she's on vacation, chilling down in the Okanhagen, British Columbia.
Speaker 2: Area, the one time in our lives we've pre recorded an episode.
Speaker 1: I know, right, wow. So yeah, just to kind of give you guys something still to keep going on, this week, we opened up lines on our social media for questions and answers.
Speaker 2: And honestly, I think people are pretty into this. We got like probably close to seventy questions.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which is pretty awesome.
Speaker 2: Actually blew my mind sometimes, like, oh, should we do this? What do we get?
Speaker 1: Like one question?
Speaker 2: Can we do a podcast on that? But you guys came through and we got oodles and oodles of questions.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that's definitely not a worry of if we're gonna get questions, I think ever anymore.
Speaker 2: And we have margaritas, and we have questions, and we're going to go through them, and you're gonna get to know us better and we're good. Old Tom.
Speaker 1: I don't know about you. My margarita is almost gone ready.
Speaker 2: Oh no, you still have a third. I'd say that's a third, not anymore now a fourth. I have a fourth. I'm actually doing better than you. What the heck? Hurry up.
Speaker 1: I also had another alcoholic Bedverigere did so.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah. We actually had a little many kind of date night, I guess you could call it. We had margarita's, We had pizza that we made on the barbie.
Speaker 1: Made on the egg barbecue.
Speaker 2: You you cooked them on the barbecue.
Speaker 1: Barb barbecue onto barbeque. We had it to.
Speaker 2: Pizzas Barbie from Okay, Okay, so let's dive in. Let's do it, because I want to try to get through as many as we can.
Speaker 1: What I thought we were only doing like one question?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I wonder if we could make a podcast entertaining only one one, like an hour long, forty five minutes or so, just based on one question.
Speaker 1: Oh, that sounds rough. Oh I know a question that that. Oh, that question.
Speaker 2: And I have to actually say something, but go ahead.
Speaker 1: The question that I think we should do, yeah, an entire episode. Yeah, the question is why why?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 1: Just why?
Speaker 2: Open ended?
Speaker 1: It there is this was probably like good ten years ago that I heard this story, and I don't know if it's true or accurate, but it was still funny. But some university down in the States had this big I think it was a psychology or philosophy sort of exam or something like that for whatever it was, And so all these students go in for the exam and it's a piece of paper and the only question on there is why.
Speaker 2: Oh kay, you would probably excel at that and I would not.
Speaker 1: Well, here's the kicker. So many people just like wrote major, elaborate like page after page after page explanations.
Speaker 2: Right. Oh, but it was tryingly so simple the answer.
Speaker 1: Right, well, I mean, how can you really answer why? But there was one student who responded with why not?
Speaker 2: Eh and boom like miccro just laughed right a plus.
Speaker 1: And everyone else is probably just losing their shit.
Speaker 2: Oh gosh, that is the epitome of what I want to be.
Speaker 1: I love just a boss.
Speaker 2: That's amazing. Okay, Well, what I was going to say is you are in some serious shit.
Speaker 1: I am oh oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wow, yeah, people are not happy with you.
Speaker 1: I made a lot of people very upset. I'm sorry, I'm sorry, but I'm not I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: At the same time, well, yeah, like, seriously, there was probably how many people in this world on Tuesday? Do you think you made cry? I think there would have been a lot.
Speaker 1: Well, I think we had somewhere in the vicinity of fourteen hundred people listened to the episode on Tuesday Tuesday alone. Yeah, and we had several messages and emails and comments about people being like We've listened to podcasts, we've listened to true crime, but this episode, holy shit, and the amount of tears people claim that was going on. Like, I I turned on the water works for a lot of people apparently.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, and they're like at work and shit and like having to leave their workstation because they're like upset.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Sarah.
Speaker 2: Sarah said that I should wax your again legs for everyone because you do it. You just put us through something.
Speaker 1: Do it. We'll film it and put it up on Patreon.
Speaker 2: Can I No, I'd actually rather wax your back.
Speaker 1: Wax my back's not that bad.
Speaker 2: Sound like, I'm not saying it's like super hairy, but I would be more enjoyable for me than your legs for some reason why, I don't know, because it feels like it would be more torture.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, you can wax my back. If I get to wax.
Speaker 2: Your back, I don't really have hair on my back.
Speaker 1: Or do you dune dumb?
Speaker 2: I guess we'll find.
Speaker 1: Out next time on Wicked in Griff Sorry.
Speaker 2: That can be our next special episode.
Speaker 1: Could you imagine it just be a screaming into the microphones.
Speaker 2: I've gotten waxed before, though, so like, I think I'd be able to handle it better than you.
Speaker 1: I've gotten like tree pit stuck in my arm hair and stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the same thing. I'm sure love.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it rips that shit out, it does.
Speaker 2: Okay, anyway, you're in the doghouse. Nobody likes you right now, which is awesome because I feel like I get in trouble a lot. So yay, yay, it's not me this time.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm sorry for making everyone very upset. But but Judith Barzy, I definitely want to share her story.
Speaker 2: It was a story that deserved to be shared. So no, no fault to you whatsoever.
Speaker 1: However, I could have maybe not have played like, you know, her final recorded lines ever that those were things that yeah, okay, I could have omitted.
Speaker 2: But yeah, but it was good to hear those.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 2: It was a good podcast.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well let's move on to the questions and the answers.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll start us off number one here, Okay, Okay, so this is a Patreon. We'll start with Patreon. Then we'll go through like Insta and we had Facebook and then we had Instant Stories. So Mandy said, if you had to do a podcast but true crime wasn't an option, what topic would you do?
Speaker 1: Oh Snam, Yeah, I think we probably do like a lifestyle because I mean, we're living in a tiny home. We made quite a big change. Okay, you're now chasing your passion. I'm now doing my uh nine to five of choice, and I've got the passions on the side and stuff too, So I would say I think it's going to be, yeah, like a lifestyle one or something.
Speaker 2: I couldn't well my initial lot when that was business related. I could see myself doing a business related podcast of sorts.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't know.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of business ones out there, like photographers who have who are doing photography based podcasts, but then also just about the entrepreneurship side of it and stuff too, So I could see that you're very business savvy that way. I think it'd go well too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think we'd do pretty good at that. Yeah. Also, I have a question for you. Where are you on our list? Because you sent me the lists here through email. Of all the questions, I can't find the question you just asked.
Speaker 2: I'm on Patreon. You that's not on the lists.
Speaker 1: Oh, because you sent me a Patreon I know.
Speaker 2: But I told you. Okay, this question if anyone wanted to know but didn't want to answer, does Ben listen to anything I have to say?
Speaker 1: And the answer no, no, yes, I do. What kind of shade you throw in right now?
Speaker 2: Holy shit? No. I literally was like, yeah, that one's labeled Patreon, but it's actually not Patreon.
Speaker 1: And then you're like, okay, well if it's labeled patreon, I know, why did you label it patreon?
Speaker 2: I can be very unorganized.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Five minutes before we started this, you were like turning our tiny home apart.
Speaker 2: I keep losing shit and I don't normally losings. Okay, so do you know where we are?
Speaker 1: Love, So you're losing your marbles? I can tell you that you're actually on Patreon?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because okay, so yeah, I just wanted to go through Patreon ones. It's easier on the phone, but then like comments and stuff, sometimes they get they're weird. So those ones I copied and pasted to documents. So okay, now that everybody knows where.
Speaker 1: We're at, everybody being me. Okay, thank you for throwing that shade again.
Speaker 2: Okay, do you want to ask the second one or do you want me?
Speaker 1: I'm still opening up the Patreon thing here.
Speaker 2: Oh you're doing that on the computer right yeah? Okay, well I'll hold it up for you.
Speaker 1: I accidentally just closed Patreon, So I've got to do it all over again. No, go ahead, go ahead, I'll catch up here.
Speaker 2: Okay. So the next question comes from Remil and this is a doozy. This is a doozy. It says, if you could save anyone from any of the cases you've covered, who would it be?
Speaker 1: Okay, this is this is a loaded question because there's no right answer.
Speaker 2: I know. Well, that's just like it's almost heartbreaking. How would you choose?
Speaker 1: There's no right answer. But there's also no wrong answer either, So I've.
Speaker 2: Actually, oh, there are there would be wrong answers.
Speaker 1: So well, who would you save?
Speaker 2: Okay? No, I guess for the wrong answers. I was thinking like the the jerk, the perpetrators and stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, fuck them their douce canoes. We know that already. I actually put a lot of thought into this one, and I haven't thought of specific names. There's two specific names that do come to mind. Judith, of course, because jud holds a very special place for me particular, so Judith being one of the options. The other option would be Junco Feruda, yes, because she went through literally forty four days of absolute torture.
Speaker 2: The question was one person I know.
Speaker 1: So those are two options i'd go to. I would have to really look for a specific name. I'd have to really do deep research on this, But my answer would be someone who their killer is unknown, Okay, because I think if I can find someone where they their perpetrator is unknown but is most likely killed others than in saving that person, they might be able to tell me who the killer was and we could also prevent other deaths. Dang, that's who. I don't know who that would be, but I would want to find someone like that.
Speaker 2: Okay, I actually really like that answer. That's quite good. Okay, well, I picked a person for this one, but I kind of now feel like a dink because I feel like your answer is way better. But Sylvia likens the girl in the basement that that case kind of destroyed me a little. I'm not gonna lie, Like just the shit that that person had to endure, I mean, they all have to endure so much, which she was young and like, oh just so helpless, like I just I don't know.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean she was just thrown in the basement, like she was.
Speaker 2: Nothing, basically like trash, and she's the opposite of that. So that's who I'm gonna.
Speaker 1: Pick that's totally respectable. I understand that wholeheartedly.
Speaker 2: But I like the idea of someone being able to say, picking someone who can save others.
Speaker 1: That's good. Okay, I got the questions up now, too awesome, Okay, I'll ask the next one here. Sounds good, So Jamie asks, once the rona is over, what would be your dream vacation together? And what has been your favorite places that you've already been to? What would your dream vacation be?
Speaker 2: I would actually love to go over to Ireland at some point. I think that would be pretty awesome. So right now, I'm going to say that.
Speaker 1: One hundred percent agree. I'm not going to say Ireland specifically, but somewhere kind of in that area, maybe Scotland or Ireland I want to specifically. I do want to go to Scotland and see like the Blair Castle, I want to do the Whiskey Trail, but I want to visit a couple other countries over there. But yeah, definitely somewhere over over in that region, for sure.
Speaker 2: I would love to go back to New York and stuff again. But like how you feel, I guess I could see myself doing that a little bit easier than going to Ireland. So that's why I'm picking. Ireland is like a dream fair and vacation.
Speaker 1: So now, what's your favorite place we've been to so far?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, we've done quite a few things.
Speaker 1: Because we've done like the the Mexico trips.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we've done that a couple of times. We did Jamaica. We did.
Speaker 1: I'm Orlando.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there you go, thank.
Speaker 1: You did Orlando. We went over like down in the Seattle area. Well, we've done a lot of like British Columbia, which is where we're from, but British Columbia is it's a fairly large province.
Speaker 2: On Idaguay we've done.
Speaker 1: I love I love it. I love the coast of British Columbia Tofino absolutely amazing.
Speaker 2: Okay, honestly, this is so funny. Okay, I loved her Orlando trip a lot. But if I'm going to choose also, I honestly feel like when we went to Seattle and Portland and then we also did the Okanagan and did wine touring, like like quite a long road trip. Actually that was really nice. It was, so I'm going to choose that one. Okay, I love road tripping with you. You're probably just like, oh my gosh, no, I'm stuck in a car for fourteen hours.
Speaker 1: What is she going to ask me? She's not gonna stop talking.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: We usually throw on some tunes and have a good time. So yeah, and then once in a while you'll drink an energy drink and get get absolutely insane.
Speaker 2: Okay, there was. Remember I also had a cold and I end up taking the night time pill, which and then an energy drink on top of it, which contribute to my delusion. And here I'm driving your ass home. I hope you felt real safe.
Speaker 1: I did not feel safe.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're good there, Yeah, to go ahead. Did you even pick one? Though? You didn't even pick one?
Speaker 1: Oh? Anytime we go to Taffino okay, yeah, like the Victoria trip when we went I went to that little record shop into Yeah, yeah, yeah. You like the island, Vancouver Island. I love Vancouver Island.
Speaker 2: We're gonna move there one day.
Speaker 1: Just throwing that out there, probably.
Speaker 2: Okay, So Sarah said, if you had to get one thing tattooed on your forehead.
Speaker 1: What would it be? Oh?
Speaker 2: Snap, huh that okay, I didn't think of this. Ahead of time.
Speaker 1: Wow, okay, I would There's two roads I would go down. There's one to really get a reaction from other people. Yeah, or there's one to really represent something in particular, for example, like a third eye.
Speaker 2: Or something Katie's revenge.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, there you go that. Oh that is good. Wow, that is really good. I was thinking like an Illuminati eye or something like that, just make people really think.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I would probably get something pretty subtle, to be honest, that's just like maybe in the corner room before it. That's just kind of cute.
Speaker 1: See maybe a little dude, like on a lawnmower when I start going bald, a little dude.
Speaker 2: Oh, I kind of think that's funny. That's cute.
Speaker 1: Well, like a little man mowing blond and then I'm going bald, right, I like it. I'd probably do that once I start aging a little bit yet, throw a little dude up there. I mean my hairline start aging. I know I'm thirty four as it is, or am I thirty five? I'm thirty four, right, No thirty five, No thirty four? Thirty four yeah, okay, I don't even know my own age.
Speaker 2: I'm only thirty three.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my hairline is receding slightly, not terribly yet, but is there so maybe a little man up in that top corner.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pretty dang good for like grays and stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fair enough, very good. Uh So, next up we got Bronson, who, ironically enough, is one of my tattoos.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, from Vancouver.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so if you need a tattoo, hit up Bronson down in Vancouver.
Speaker 2: He's a man in town.
Speaker 1: Yep. So which episode are you especially proud of? Are there any that you would have liked to release as an extended cut or revisit? Oh, revisit Gabby Patito. I'd definitely like to visit that because I think we rush that. We were like, oh, let's do this one because it's like big news right now. We try to like jump off the hype of it. So I'd like to revisit it and do that case better joke, which I think we will. We will. One I'm particularly proud of, I think is that Lulu Lemon Murder one. Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, you had everyone like you shocked everyone really with what happened.
Speaker 1: It was like what well, it was a really good story, and I'm really proud of how I was able to tell a good story in that one. Yeah, but I am also kind of proud that I made so many people cry with Judith. So wow, it's like I got to you guys.
Speaker 2: I'll look into Ben's art. Yeah, I actually feel like the picked in one I'm I'm kind of proud of, just like that was a massive case and it was kind of one I'd been putting off a lot and then I was like, I'm gonna just do it and it was it turned out good. And then the other one, what the other Sarah Everard, I told a pretty good story on that one, made pretty deflatable actually, So yeah.
Speaker 1: What about extended cut? Anyones that you would like want to do a deep dive into?
Speaker 2: Well, I've always wanted to do a cult, a cult episode or episodes and do a deep dive in something like that. But I can't think of one per se that I've already done.
Speaker 1: I don't think there's any that I really want to do, like a major deep dive into, because what I really like is I like giving like ninety to ninety five percent of the information. I don't like giving it all because I do want people to kind of dive in on their own and discover new things. I want them to find that attachment and be able to say I really want to find out more and still have more information to go find, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like kind of heighten their curiosity a little, right exactly. Yeah, No, that's.
Speaker 1: Cool, And I think that also builds up like a personal relationship with this with thedividual's story is if you specifically are going and learning more about it, you are making that attachment. You are going in doing it, you know. So, I don't know if there's specific ones I'd want to do and extend it on that I can think of.
Speaker 2: One I would like to take away is the Donnalleys.
Speaker 1: It's not that it's the case, it's the episode. Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we've talked about that before, but that was a train wreck. If you ever want to laugh about anything, go listen to that one. Like I literally was Spiraling.
Speaker 1: Episode number five. That is one of my favorite episodes because it was hilarious.
Speaker 2: Oh it was I was so nervous. It was just a train wreck.
Speaker 1: It was good.
Speaker 2: Okay, So Samantha, she says, if you could solve any cold case, which one would you choose to solve? PS love that you guys are doing a Q and a nice.
Speaker 1: I would go with an old school because there's still a chance for some of these newer cold cases to be solved, just like, for example, the Zodiac Killer was like in the past year suddenly solved, right, So I'd want to go with one where it's like there's no chance of it really being solved, something like Jack the Ripper.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh, I thought that you would say, the Black Dohlia, know, the very first one that you did.
Speaker 1: Oh is that a cold case for the out past?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, yeah, the Dombinet I'd really like to see salved. It seemed like it potentially is or.
Speaker 1: It might be it might be on that track right now. Yeah, yeah, but yeah no, uh, diatlift past. Yeah, actually, now that you pointed out, yeah, I would like to solve that one.
Speaker 2: That one would be very interesting to see what the fuck actually happened there.
Speaker 1: Yes, and that's one that I don't think ever will be solved, So yeah, no, that would be my answer. Percent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you forgot about that one, didn't you.
Speaker 1: For a brief moment I did, which that's like my all time favorite case, So I can't believe I did forget about Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, that's what I'm here for. Well, mind you shit.
Speaker 1: Amanda asks if you could interview anyone from a case, victim or villain, just to know their side thoughts, who would it be? WHOA, that's deep. I don't know if there's any.
Speaker 2: Oh, I would want it to interview a villain.
Speaker 1: I don't think I would want to interview a villain. I don't want to give them that voice and platform.
Speaker 2: No, I agree, I'd be shitting my pants. But I would actually be very curious, very curious to get inside like their head.
Speaker 1: And as for victim, I'm again going to go someone who's unsolved because then there's things we can learn, there's potentially someone we could find.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so this is gonna this is gonna blow your mind a bit. But the the toy box killer.
Speaker 1: Really I would interview him. Oh God, fuck that guy.
Speaker 2: I know he's a complete disgusting piece of crap. I would oh, but I think it would be interesting. If I was going to interview someone, I'd want to interview like one of the worst.
Speaker 1: I don't know why, but I would pull a full on Doctor Phil to that motherfucker, because Doctor Phil he did an episode where he interviewed that I can't remember the guy's name, but he was the creator of bum fights. He would literally like give bums drugs to fight what. Yeah, he'd like here the winner gets like these crack rocks.
Speaker 2: Basically here is they haven't heard of this?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was like a thing in early two thousands, like around Jackass era. Yeah, it's called bum fights. Anyways, Doctor Phil had this guy on his show, and I believe this guy even showed up dressed up as Doctor Phil, like shaved his head as wow, preceding hairline and everything. Anyways, Doctor Phil brought this guy on his show to kick him off his show. Nice, right, that's what I do. Like, I'm gonna interview you when I sit down with him and like get the fuck out. Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, that's fair. That's totally fair. Okay, Sheila. When researching Slash watching true crime, what interests you more the detective work or the forensics?
Speaker 1: Ooh, that's a good question. Forensics.
Speaker 2: I was going to say forensics as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I get mad at detective works sometimes because sometimes it's just so bad or they ignore things. Yeah, forensics never lie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I really it's Yeah, it's very interesting to see what they can test and what comes out and stuff, right, Yeah, and then like you said, it's pretty pretty much the true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Tiffany, if you could visit one place in the States, where would you go? And why cough cough, Alabama is pretty cool? Heard, it's actually pretty cool there. Yeah. Oh, that's a good one place in the States. I'm like drawing a blank on anywhere that is in the States right now. Wow, United States? Where is that?
Speaker 2: I don't know. The places that come to my mind are places I've already been, Like, I'm obsessed with San Francisco, obsessed. I don't know if I've said that before. And New York also love so New York. Probably if I'm going to pick a place to go to the States right now, New York will be top of my list because I was only there like a couple of days. I ended up getting really sick and I was by myself, and I'd like to kind of redo that trip. So I want to say New York.
Speaker 1: That's that's a fair I wouldn't mind visiting New York. I would get very sick of it very quick.
Speaker 2: I'm sure it's wild, like it's a pretty cool place.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I could imagine, I think for me it's going to be out in Nevada area fifty one.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, yeah. You can't really get there though, can you know?
Speaker 1: But you can get to the gate, which is like if you're standing at the gate, like SUVs will pull up on the hillside and there's like people watching you and there's like arm guards and shits, Like when you're standing there, you probably have a rifle pointed at your head.
Speaker 2: Cool. Chicago would be another cool place. San Diego's all my list as well, but I'm going there in November, so I.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't mind going to San Diego for Sandygo Comic Con. The only reason I've avoided it so far is I can imagine how busy it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, you ready, I'm ready, Michelle. Is the goal to do podcasting full time and not have your other jobs?
Speaker 1: For me? One hundred percent? I would. I'm actually I've been taking classes as voice acting and stuff too. I would love to do this for a living one hundred percent. Whether it's with Wicked and Grim because maybe it's not your thing and I evolve into some other projects as well, but one hundred percent for me.
Speaker 2: I think it'd be pretty awesome just to have one focus, but I also love photography so much that it's like a part of me. And I'm not sure I could ever see myself not taking photos, that's really I can't. I can't see a future without that. So I could see myself cutting back in then and like focusing more on the podcast potentially.
Speaker 1: So that's that's a fair answer. You're good with photos, so yeah, they keep going out what you're good at and what you love, right?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Shenise, what cold case do you want solved the most? Again? Diatl pas?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, we kind of answered that one above. Ah, yeah, there are going to be a few people that ask the same things. So yeah, okay, why don't you do the next one too? Then? Uh?
Speaker 1: Leah, what case have each of you covered that has given you the most sleepless nights?
Speaker 2: I got an answer, I'm going.
Speaker 1: To say right now. I generally sleep very good at night. I don't usually have sleepless nights, but it's a how long do I think about the case afterwards? How many days it is it on my mind? Yeah, Toy box Killers stayed in my head for all long time, but the one that still stays up to my head to this day is Rodney al Calla.
Speaker 2: Oh really, hey, the Dating game caller. Yeah, okay, I thought you were gonna say d Junko.
Speaker 1: Well, definitely her as well, but Rodney al call It. It's his body count is some astronomical number, like they expected to be over one hundred and forty or something like that estimated. That's crazy, right, Like I cannot imagine. Wow, that's unconfirmed, but that's their estimate of being somewhere gusting. So I think Rodney al Calla is one that's stuck with me for a long time.
Speaker 2: I'm actually gonna say, really, the most recent one I did, the Richardson murders. That one actually had me pretty fucked up for a while because I think I dove into that case extremely deeply, like read the book. It was just like top of mine kind of all the time for like two weeks pretty much, and it was yeah, got me. That one got me. I think it's just because yeah, I was like, eat, what is it? What's the saying eat, sleep, breathe the Richardson's.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I don't know. Yeah, no, that's fair.
Speaker 2: So yeah, there you go.
Speaker 1: Am I reading the next one.
Speaker 2: I don't even know who read them.
Speaker 1: Sure, I can't remember, I'll do that. What podcasts do you listen to? What podcasts would you love to guess on? Okay, are you an answer? Okay, well I asked the question. You're just staring at me.
Speaker 2: Now, that's true. Okay, So I am not a huge podcast listener, which is probably shocking. I like to listen to audible books. It's kind of what I'm doing most of the time if I'm like just listening to something. But I will occasionally listen to Morbid Canadian True Crime. I also like the podcast Serial Killers. I don't know if you've listened to that, Yeah, Crime Drunkie occasionally, and then I do have some business podcasts that I listened to.
Speaker 1: Us. Well, I'm I'm not a big podcast listener, so neither of us are really I started out, like last year, listening to a lot of podcasts, but now I don't listen to a lot. I huge on music. I love music, and I'm bouncing around genres all the time and I pretty much have music on twenty four to seven. But when I do listen to podcasts, I'm usually listening regarding a topic that I'm currently interested in, whether it's a case i'm researching, and I'll go to say Morbid for example. I have listened to them a lot, but I'll go to Morbid for example, and I'll listen to their case while I'm driving to work and stuff. Yeah, so before I research, I know the basics on what I'm researching.
Speaker 2: And you're like a big YouTuber too, yes, right, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it's I just love content in general. It's so hard for me to stick to one. I bounce around, Like if I'm doing a case research, I'll listen to Morbid on one. Next episode, I'll listen to dark Poutine next episode, I'm listening to small Town Dicks, And I'm going all around and I'm listening to pieces of Everybody.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, So Michelle, how long does it typically take to create a podcast episode, research, recording, and social media?
Speaker 1: Long time? Forever. I managed to do it a little bit quicker than Nicole sometimes you do for me, usually around eight hours of research per episode, and I think you you might be around like nine or ten at.
Speaker 2: Least probably, Yeah, Like that's just the research. So then so then you're researching, and then it's about an hour or so to record, and then bend does all the stuff afterwards, which takes you like another hour or so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I do the editing and uploading and all that good stuff.
Speaker 2: And then whoever did the case does the social media the next day. And that's not really that long. That's not that we don't post a shit ton on our social media, Like it's mostly just on Tuesdays and stuff, right, but sometimes we spend a bit more time on social media if we have it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I'd say you're looking at probably at least twelve hours an episode.
Speaker 2: Yeah, at least at least yep, which is wild, Like, that's so long.
Speaker 1: It is. Tracy music is my go to when I'm stressed? What is yours music for me? One hundred percent already mentioned I'm big on music and have it going all the.
Speaker 2: Time, just to continuing stressed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, is mine fair enough? Also, having a drink after a long day at work, it's not so much like the alcohol I need to get drunk. It's just it's no different than having a coffee in the morning. It's just it's a nice hug, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I used to I'll be all about taking baths. I'm not super into that with the tiny home, just because we're like the water I feel like is more. It's not an issue, but it's just my head a little. We don't have like you can't just turn your tap on kind of thing. Yeah, but I do love just like going outside too. That's a big one for me. If I need a break, I'll just walk outside, take five minutes or so.
Speaker 1: Fair enough, cuddle the doggles a bit too.
Speaker 2: Yes, I love that.
Speaker 1: So B asks have you guys ever been Bugaboo Creek? There used to be a restaurant chain that was Canadian themed in the US named after it. Every time I go there, pretty much saying curious about if anyone has ever, if she knows anyone? Or sorry, they know anyone. I don't want to assume genders. My apologies if I did, but yeah, do we just do they know anyone who's who's been there?
Speaker 2: I don't know what that is?
Speaker 1: Bugaboo Creek is actually just outside of Golden.
Speaker 2: Oh, seriously, you know what this is?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Oh? Which Nicole is from Golden No, I'm not well kind of.
Speaker 2: I was never living there. My sister did.
Speaker 1: I thought you did live there for for a little like a year or something.
Speaker 2: No, I wasn't My family lived there before I was born.
Speaker 1: Oh, okay, that's what it was. Okay, Well, Nicole's family's from Golden so there we go. But no, I haven't been.
Speaker 2: Probably I'm like, what's that.
Speaker 1: I mean, it looks like it's an absolute beautiful area b C. So I can imagine it's it's gorgeous.
Speaker 2: So the Cootoney's is one area of BC that I need to explore more are Fair because like that's the Is it the Cootonies?
Speaker 1: No, I don't think it's cooteneyes? Is it? I don't know.
Speaker 2: Now I'm like, don't even know what the Cootones like Nelson and stuff. Isn't the Cootenes I thought Golden was. But maybe I'm totally off here.
Speaker 1: I'm on Google Maps right now looking.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, there's not I'm not familiar even with all parts of our province and I would like to get more familiar.
Speaker 1: So okay, now that's totally in the Cooties.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, I thought, so yeah.
Speaker 1: That's uh mountains. Yeah, that's basically right between Kamloops and Calgary, south of Golden right by Revelstoke Okay, yeah, yep, or by Radium Hot Springs yeah, gorgeous area in there.
Speaker 2: Okay, so that took care of all of our Patreon questions. Where do you want to move on to next? Do you want to do insta?
Speaker 1: Sure? Is that actually the instant docucent it is? Okay? What is the Patreon docusent me? What does that? Then?
Speaker 2: That is Instagram stories?
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, okay, so let's hit up Instagram first. Okay, Okay, I'll let you read the first one. Go for it.
Speaker 2: Okay. So it's from Sage Beauty PG. Why a true crime podcast? I'll let you answer this.
Speaker 1: You're going to answering that well. Before the podcast started, I actually had another podcast. I believe it's off air and now you can't find it on the internet. Might be able to find an episode or two. I was called insert creative title, where I interviewed creative individuals and you interviewed me once I did. I Actually I had some big names on the show. I call me Chris I talked to Yeah. But I love doing podcasts. I love content creation. But I was having a lot of trouble with guests bailing on me and consistency, and I was like, God, I want to do something with someone who I know, can be like relied on and relied on episode after episode after episode. Thus my wife.
Speaker 2: So I was like, Okay, glad that I'm reliable.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean it you live in the same house. It makes sense, right, Yeah, yeah, I know what you're saying. So that approached, you know, it's like, we should do a podcast together because it'd be great for us to. At that time, we were like, we do so many things apart, we need to do more things together.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So it's like, let's do something together. How about creating a podcast. I love content creation. Let's make that content about something you love. And I was like, what about true crime? True crime's growing in popularity. At that time, there was like no husband and wife duos right doing true crime podcasts. I'm like, so it's something unique, why not? Yeah, So we hopped on it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's gone really well. I don't know how. Was I pretty amped right away or was I pretty hesitant?
Speaker 1: I kind of remember you were hesitant for sure.
Speaker 2: Just the time. Mostly they always seem like we lack time and then we're adding something else to the plate.
Speaker 1: So mm hmm.
Speaker 2: But yeah, no, I don't regret it. It's it is a lot of work. But it's it pays off like immensely.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So next question is, what is something that you have learned that is mind blowing or is something that really sticks with you today? Oh that is so much. Okay. The biggest thing for me is there so many people who just don't ask questions, who don't report things. Someone's talking about something like Judith Barzi. How many times did her father say I'm gonna kill her, I'm gonna kill her, I'm gonna kill her, and people just like, oh, yeah, sure and they didn't say anything. That blows my mind every fucking time that people don't speak up.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well there was that other one though, that blew your mind. The was it Celebrity Killer? Is that what it was called?
Speaker 1: I can't even remember which episode that is?
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, uh oh, I can't remember his name, but remember he like got famous pretty much after and.
Speaker 1: People interview him. Yeah, trying to remember he was over in Japan, was it or something?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I totally know between you're talking about. I say Yagawa, right yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, okay, yeah yeah, the celebrity Cannibal right, okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's coming back to me. That one was wild that one. I remember blowing your mind completely.
Speaker 1: Well, because people just like romanticized this murderer. It's like, what the fuck?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like they're nothing special. They they don't deserve any any credit or and it's not abration or anything.
Speaker 1: It's not much different to how people hold Ted Bundy at such high regards, like oh my god, he's so hot, and it's like he fucking killed people.
Speaker 2: Yeah gross. Yeah, okay, So what we might have already what inspired you guys to do a true crime podcast? My fiance and are obsessed with the pod. Much love from Kansas.
Speaker 1: Appreciate that awesome, But yeah, it boils down to I love content creation, Nicole loved true crime, and we needed to spend more time together.
Speaker 2: Spend more time together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so boom wi getting Grim was born.
Speaker 2: There you go, there you go.
Speaker 1: Did you know my friend in Canada? Did you know you? Did you know your my friends in Canada? I want to tell my husband about your podcast. Thanks for feels like friends, True Cramp podcasts all that. That's awesome. We'd love to hear that people actually consider us like friends. That's that's a big part of this love that. I love that because we just wanted to be you know, just us and ourselves and kind of include you guys, like you were sitting down having a conversation with us. So that's that means a lot.
Speaker 2: Which we do get a lot. So I feel like that's working, which is good.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, So what is your favorite case you haven't covered and want to? I still I think I've said this before, but I really want to do that Johnson Bentley. Yeah, so that's like top on my list.
Speaker 1: Oh man, there's so many and none that I can think of at this moment. None that I'm trying to think.
Speaker 2: So many, but I can't think of a single one.
Speaker 1: Well, I do know that there's like there's multiple and I know that they've got them like a star beside them in our little book and everything you need your book.
Speaker 2: We don't even have it out here.
Speaker 1: No, we don't.
Speaker 2: There is a giant list though, of ones we want to cover, yes, and Ben can't think of one.
Speaker 1: No, Well, I do know I want to cover the dipick Box. I want to cover that one. But that's not true crime. That's that is a paranormal case.
Speaker 2: Okay, you love your paranormal I do. Yeah, you could have a paranormal podcast even.
Speaker 1: Well, well spoiler alert, something like that might be in the works.
Speaker 2: Okay, the next question we've already answered.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what maybe do you want to start your crime podcast? Yeah, so, as someone who's choosing the child free life, are you too choosing that path too? Do you want to answer that one?
Speaker 2: Sure? Yes, sure, there's always the one percent chant.
Speaker 1: There's yeah. This year, actually we kind of made the call that I think I think we're going to go child for you.
Speaker 2: I think we're relating towards that. I don't know. I don't know that I dislike kids or anything, but literally, if you had me a baby and you had me a puppy, the puppy is going to make me probably a hundred times more excited. So like I maybe should just continue to get dogs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And everyone always says, well, it's different when it's your own. It's different. I'm sure it is. But just because you can be happy with a kid doesn't mean you can also be happy without.
Speaker 2: I do think too. Lots of times parents they like it's hard, it's I can only imagine how hard it is, And it lots of times it doesn't sound like anyone's having a lot of fun. Who are parents Like that's probably an unpopular opinion. I'm sure it's completely worth it, but a lot of things it doesn't sound overly fun at times, like at all.
Speaker 1: No, what are people's reaction when you tell them you have a true crime podcast? A lot of the times, at least in my experience, people just kind of brush it off, like, oh, yeah, I'm sure you do, like like it's we're just and nobody just doing nothing.
Speaker 2: Like they assume it's not successful. Yes, they okay, good for you, like pat pat little Sally on the shoulder.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sure you'll have fun in the next week of trying to make that work.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So, I mean, but we're also not very good at being like, yeah, we have a true grim podcast. It has like this many downloads and and we've covered this and we've been featured here, blah blah blah blah. So like we're not very We don't toot our.
Speaker 1: Horn, we're not very boathful. I mean we do on social media a little bit, like we try and celebrate.
Speaker 2: We're celebrating it with our listeners exactly.
Speaker 1: But outside the real world, I mean, yeah, we don't talk about it a lot. Really, No, but we have had positive reactions and we've had negative ones.
Speaker 2: Too, Yeah, we have. Okay, so what are each of your favorite cases you've covered so far and.
Speaker 1: Why kind of already talked about that. Mine is definitely, uh well, if not Judith Barci now, but the Little Lemon murder. I love ones that tell the good story, whether it's solved or unsolved, or mystery or paranormal. A good story to me is is important. So when we actually succeed in that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this did. I do think this. Sarah Everall was one on the top of my list just because it was so crazy, like, oh my gosh, it's scary because that could happen to anyone. I feel like the yogurt chop murders was an interesting one.
Speaker 1: To research as well. Yes, that was actually a good one.
Speaker 2: That was pretty sad. I mean they're all sad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, what are your pets named after? Well, Mika is named after Meka on Eurotrip the movie. Ripley is named after Ripley on Aliens the movie. And shout out to Brittany who helped me land on that name. I was thinking on it for a while a couple different ones, and She's like, what about Ripley And I was like yeah, and then Kiwi is named after a Kiwi.
Speaker 2: Kee is the one I named oh my gosh, which just like I probably shouldn't have just said that, I just played into what everyone already thinks of me. I don't know, I thought be so funny to have a cat named Kiwi just and suits the shit out of him too.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So what are some of your favorite bands and someone you'd love to see in concert? Asking because I just saw Red hutchli Peppers live last week and still fresh in my mind, I love that I'd love to see Red Hutchili Peppers actually Spice Girls. Oh of course you would, kay.
Speaker 2: Literally, I've heard so many times if there's like a reunion and that was like my jam when I was a child. So I would totally one hundred percent and go on rock that shit nice.
Speaker 1: I'm not too big on live concerts, I mean, I've I would definitely go see some I love like rock, classic rock, and even getting into like some heavier, like some metal stuff that's kind of my life, even.
Speaker 2: Like country and stuff though too or.
Speaker 1: Not so much anymore, not so much. And how you're gonna be in a very specific mood for it. I have a very broad taste. I'll listen I'll listen to rap, country, hip hop, like you name it, but usually it's I got to be in a very specific mood for those things. My general go to is like rock, alternative rock, classic rock, Iron Maiden's a big one, Billy Talent. I love Billy Talent, System of Down, love Them Disturbed. I mean, the list goes on, honestly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I'm I'm kind of like one of those people that just literally go to Spotify and select a playlist. Yeah, so like based on my mood. So I'm not I don't know. I don't have like super favorite bands and stuff. I wouldn't say so fair enough. Okay, So how did you get to know each other? Well? This is fine, we actually got We're probably gonna get to a lot more of them, but we got a lot of questions regarding our relationship as such. So do you remember?
Speaker 1: Do I remember how we got to know each other?
Speaker 2: How did we get to know each other? Ben?
Speaker 1: Do you want me to cover it?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 1: High school? We met in high school eleven pe class yep, and ever since then, Nicole was hooked. She's like, I need this man in my life, and I'm like, I got you, babe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I actually thought that Ben was incredibly odd. I thought you were incredibly odd, but you still drigged me, and here we go, here we are.
Speaker 1: I definitely was odd, and I probably am still odd to this day.
Speaker 2: A good although you were also like a lot of guys and stuff in high school, or assholes, to put it nicely, And you were a very kind You've always been very kind, so.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you. Yeah, I appreciate that. Yeah, if you each had a beer named after you, what would the name be? What kind of beer? Your flavor? I love my ip as, I love I love bitter beers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna let you answer this. Because I don't drink beer.
Speaker 1: I would probably honestly have a beer named after Wicked and Grim.
Speaker 2: Okay, that would be fun, a craft beer beer named after Wicked and Grim.
Speaker 1: Love love.
Speaker 2: I'd have to start drinking beer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it would just be the Stay Wicked Beer or something like that, or the Wicked Beer or Wicked and Grim Beer, something like that.
Speaker 2: Good beer.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I drink more so ciders than wine, so fair enough.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Why the tiny home?
Speaker 2: Why a tiny home? Why not?
Speaker 1: Why not?
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's just answer that.
Speaker 1: Why not? Yeah, if you can tell me why not?
Speaker 2: Freedom?
Speaker 1: It opened up a lot of freedom for us.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think when we made the decision to do it, we were very, very busy, and it kind of just seemed like like our life had a path, but we didn't necessarily know if we liked that path. And so the tiny home has opened up to many paths that we can now have a choice to choose between.
Speaker 1: Exactly. Nailed it? Yeah, nailed it. So ever, get out to Barkerville. Hell, oh, yes.
Speaker 2: My gosh, I'm obsessed with Barkerville and I'm going in August.
Speaker 1: A gold rush true crime story would be cool, Yes, it would. I've honestly wanted to stay there and like kind of maybe do some ghost hunting too. That would be super cool.
Speaker 2: Okay, not okay with that? Actually I could do like an on location podcast. Why have we not thought about that? Like we did at the Fairmont? I don't know the lady in Red what the heck is with us?
Speaker 1: But for those who don't know, Barkerville is a little gold rush town.
Speaker 2: And it's pretty large actually for the old rush town.
Speaker 1: It is, so it's they got like the actors wallanders through the streets and all that. There's bakeries and restaurants, all this cool stuff you can go see and do. It's absolutely crazy. It's right outside a little town called Wells in British Columbia. Yeah, cool, epic little place.
Speaker 2: Like you can literally Okay, I am obsessed with Barkerville. I could go every year, but I may ben get sick of it. But you literally just get to like immerse yourself in this other world it is. It's beyond awesome.
Speaker 1: Well, we haven't been for a while. I wouldn't mind going back. Oh okay, just catching up and binging all the episodes. Love your vibe and from friendship? Can hear love through the banter? Sounds like you two have spent half your lives as besties. Did this? Did you start as friends? I mean yeah, we started out in gym class together getting to know each other a little bit, and I mean it didn't take as long to start dating really because really we showed interest in each other and started chatting on MSN.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, And I actually think that's even like where we exchange or I love you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't remember who said I love you first?
Speaker 2: You did? Did I yeah on MSN, I'm pretty sure. So funny, good look at us, But I mean we were just little, little little babies. Yeah, Okay, what is the one thing from from or about your tiny home that you did not expect to love as much as you do? Now?
Speaker 1: I didn't expect it to feel so much like home.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, Yeah, I know. I it's very comfortable. I think I kind of expected to always be a little bit cramped and stuff, and it just like is really cozy and comforting almost.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't feel a difference from our giant home that we had before with five bedrooms, three full bathrooms, double garage. Like, it feels no different being in a tiny home to that one. Though.
Speaker 2: I think I expected it to be a bit harder, not living with so many things, but I haven't really had a super issue with that.
Speaker 1: The tools is a bit of a pain because I don't have like a garage just go tools. That's a bit of a pain.
Speaker 2: But yeah, you actually spent quite a bit of time in the garage making things and stuff, so yeah, that's a bit of a loss for you.
Speaker 1: Hey, yeah, but that that's other than that, it's no different to me. Yeah, when did you guys know you loved each other? Well, like you said, we were in high school?
Speaker 2: Actually, were we still in high school when we said when we said that, yes, we were, we were. Yeah, Holy heck, uh huh grade twelve though, probably.
Speaker 1: I think it's taking us along. I think.
Speaker 2: So, if you could find out the answers to any unsolved case, which one would it be? And why?
Speaker 1: Uh? Yeah, they choose what happened on diatlock paths, So would I. We already talked about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I we totally agree there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, two questions, one for me and another for my partner Matt, who doesn't have Instagram. So, first of all, if each of you were encrypted, which one would you be? And why? Nicole would one hundred percent be the Mothman because she stays up so freaking late all the time that bad. And I would be Sasquatch because apparently Nicole thinks I need to wax my back.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh. No no.
Speaker 1: And if either of you turned out to be a serial killer, what things about each other would make you say? Oh that makes sense now.
Speaker 2: I feel like way better answer with this.
Speaker 1: Again. Nicole staying up so fucking.
Speaker 2: Not even that bad?
Speaker 1: And I do not stay up that late. I go to bed and you you're up. I don't know how late you could be out burying a fucking body.
Speaker 2: Literally.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Sometimes I'll steep till one in the morning, and you know what I'm fucking doing working?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I get up to go to work at like five in the morning, so I don't know what you're doing when I'm sleeping.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Oh my gosh. That's actually something I feel like I need to think about. What would be things that I'd be like, Oh, yeah, I don't even know.
Speaker 1: You being a photographer saying oh, I'm going to go location scouting again. How do I not know you're burying a body?
Speaker 2: It's a good alimi okay. And then we have another one where when you guys met I kind of answer that. And then someone asked if we ship to Finland like Red Bubble, right, so through Red Bubble so wherever they ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you're talking about e merchan on Red Bubble, yeah, it would have to be through that website. We just we just upload there and they take care of all of it for us. If you're thinking of the mugs that we're going to be putting on sale soon, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah we would. Okay, let's move on to Facebook one Facebook questions here. So first one, what TV show or movie duo do you both relate to the mouse?
Speaker 1: Oh? Jim and Pam from the Office. Not because I think we're like them, but because if you watch The Office, they're just in their own little world. They don't care about what people think around them, And I think that's kind of us with the tiny home and the podcast. We're just doing what we want because it makes us happy.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, because a lot of people think our lifestyle and such is very odd, right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: So not that I think we're like Jim and Pam. I think that we're just living like that. What is the hardest case for each of you to cover? What was the hardest case? Junco Faruda and Judith BARSI last night as well, or the other night as well. Judith, honestly, I was having trouble keeping my shit together a little bit, and I think that was the first time I was really struggling.
Speaker 2: Actually struggle there. I mean, I don't love the barbing Ken killers. One was actually a bit hard to.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, those are the toy box kill or two. That one, Yeah, that really got to me.
Speaker 2: Oh man, I mean all of the above. Yeah, okay, so where are we now? Who would play who would play you in the movie version of your life? Oh god, I'm not good at questions like this.
Speaker 1: Okay, not that I look like some of these people, but I've had some people tell me other celebrities I look like certain celebrities there and you.
Speaker 2: It does go to your head, don't.
Speaker 1: I use it to my advantages sometimes, but I'm I'm very well aware it's not the case. Oh funk, what's his what's his name.
Speaker 2: From the Is it from the notebook? Right?
Speaker 1: It's his name?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, I should so know this. Holy heck. People are screaming at us.
Speaker 1: Ryan Gosling.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there you go. There.
Speaker 1: I actually because I used to do a lot of cosplay conventions and in one costume, I was wearing buzz Lightyear and someone took a picture with me, and on that picture on Facebook, someone literally commented on it, seriously, oh my god, is that Ryan Gossling dressed up as Buzzed Lightyear?
Speaker 2: And you're a little literally like yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Fi. That was before I had a beard, So I would say, I think Ryan Gosling has to play me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, saying, I have absolutely no idea who would have to play me?
Speaker 1: Well, you got to pick.
Speaker 2: I have zero answers in my head. You gotta pick Reese Witherspoon.
Speaker 1: Reese Witherspoon, you think, hey, just because you went legally, who is the one?
Speaker 2: There was someone that people have told me I look like before, Renee something.
Speaker 1: Renee's Elwiger. I think so, actually, yeah, that that would be a good one. Her voice is much different from yours, but it's kind of got like a similar actually, kind of like a squeaky tone to it to think of it.
Speaker 2: So yeah, maybe that. Yeah, there we go.
Speaker 1: We just answered that question. Yeah. Uh, you are often cracking adult beverages in your intro.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah we are.
Speaker 1: What is the most god awful combination of cocktails that you've had to suffer through? I don't know about you, but I'm thinking looking back to one night in shots in our apartment when we were playing rock band with Brock and Sarah.
Speaker 2: It was in our townhouse actually.
Speaker 1: Oh close enough, Yeah, long story short. We were in our early twenties. We were it was like three am. We were playing rock band.
Speaker 2: Our poor neighbors.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, so two of us were playing rock band while the other two were mixing shots, and you had to drink the shot that was made while you were playing ross yea, and we started getting mean with the shots with including.
Speaker 2: Like mustard in there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so including condiments from the fridge and the alcohol, so mustard, salad, dressing, well whatever it was in the fridge, that ever was in the fridge and the kitchen was free game. Yeah, so that was nasty.
Speaker 2: That was pretty nasty.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Is there anything that frustrates you the most? How about the other was living in close quarters or doing the pod cast?
Speaker 1: Your disorganization gets to me sometimes.
Speaker 2: The fact that you literally can't have a moment of silence.
Speaker 1: Ever, touche, I can argue that, like if we're.
Speaker 2: Just chilling at home, like some background noise has to be on.
Speaker 1: I love I love music. What have you learned about living in a tiny home and how do you and how you both adapted to it? That you don't need as many things as you think?
Speaker 2: Absolutely one hundred percent agree with that, actually, yeah, and that a home can be anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Really, I think a lot of people think to make it or something that they have to thrive for or strive for this big house, like kind of what the American dream, kind of.
Speaker 1: Like the American dream.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but your American dream can be anything, and it doesn't have to be this white picket fence house.
Speaker 1: Yeah. It could be a van down by the river.
Speaker 2: Yeah. You could literally live in a van and travel around your country, which is pretty awesome. Yeah, like think outside the box sometimes.
Speaker 1: As the Great Pumba once said, home is where your rump rests. Is there a case you would not cover.
Speaker 2: Yes, but you're planning to cover it? Oh that one with the Little Boy?
Speaker 1: Oh oh yeah, well we wouldn't. We don't want to cover local cases. It's just a little, a little too close to home.
Speaker 2: That's a really good answer. Absolutely, Yeah, no, I agree there. How did you get into podcasts? Did you listen to them a lot before deciding to do your own? What motivated you to be different from the other true crime pods?
Speaker 1: I loved content creation and we wanted to do something together.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, and ours is ours a lot different from the others.
Speaker 1: I don't know. All I know is that we we strive to just kind of be ourselves. We kind of took the idea from more of it a bit because they're kind of open banter, right, yeah, and we're like, if we do that, we can just kind of be ourselves and.
Speaker 2: Which is have fun way easier then. I feel like we probably wouldn't still be doing it if we had to kind of stick to a script. Yeah, that doesn't really sound fun to either of us.
Speaker 1: I heard you say that you married young, But how long have you been together. We've been together since high school, like two thousand and six.
Speaker 2: Oh. I was like, where are you two thousand and five?
Speaker 1: Yo?
Speaker 2: Well, end of two thousand and five. Yeah, yeah, yeah, so that's a long ass time.
Speaker 1: Yeah. What's your top three true crime podcasts you listen to? Morbid's definitely one of them. They're there.
Speaker 2: Go to Canadian True Crime and Serial Killers for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I do like small Town Dicks, last podcast on the left. They're very Oh okay, I like that one too. Actually, yeah, they're hit and miss for me, but I do go. I keep going back to them though. Timing time again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how did you two meet? Sweet chatted about that already. Yeah, Oh okay, I like, I love, love love this question.
Speaker 1: Well, we've talked about this before too.
Speaker 2: What would your order for your what would you order for your last meal?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would order, Oh, and you were pretty in depth with yours. I would either want to do one of two things. One, I'm going to fucking enjoy this last meal, so I'm going to get things like steak, chocolate, milk, like all these individual things that I really like.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Or Two I'm going to get something simple that's going to fuck with people.
Speaker 2: And there is if you're a serial killer, you probably know that route.
Speaker 1: Well, I think this is the root. I'd go anyways, because there is something that would I would enjoy, that has significance to me and would fuck with people. I would get a two leader of Canada dry ginger ale, yeah, and a.
Speaker 2: Bag ad Oh okay, I thought you were gonna maybe say Ritz cracked.
Speaker 1: Well, Rich crackers is kind of the other one my dad grew when I was growing up. He said, yeah, can of ginger ale and a chunk of bag at and he loved that as a snack. Right, So I kind of I started doing that and I kind of reminisce about that, and then as I evolved, I sometimes will swap out the bag ap for Ritz crackers, right. So I would probably go to bag out though, just because it's that nostalgia factor.
Speaker 2: I feel like you have to do better than that, Like you'd have to order a few other things too.
Speaker 1: No, that's the thing. It's simple. It's like, what the fuck? Why?
Speaker 2: What a weirdo? This is his last meal?
Speaker 1: This is what you want exactly. But I would still enjoy it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would definitely go in the past route. I'm obsessed with Vedicinio Fredo and I would want about as much shrimp as you could possibly put on top of that nice and I would just go to town fair enough.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what about what's the first true crime story that wants you getting to host a true crime podcast? For me, the Outlok past has always been like up there for me.
Speaker 2: I don't know if there's one per se it. We kind of chatted about this previously about it's just like how we kind of grew up, right, there was all these things like Google Bumps and are you Afraid of the Dark and all these and Dateline and just like all these shows that you watch that made you.
Speaker 1: Interested in the saying one hundred percent yes.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know if there if I'd say there's one, or just like how how I grew up, I was obsessed with goosebumps.
Speaker 1: Actually, oh so was I.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're getting down here now. We just have our our Facebook or our Instagram stories and then we're done. We're done.
Speaker 1: My laptop's about to die here too, So you might be reading some of these questions here.
Speaker 2: And a lot of them I think are similar.
Speaker 1: So, okay, what has been your favorite episode? Again? We kind of covered that a little bit. Yeah, which case will forever haunt you? We covered that as well. Yeah, what was the first murder or mystery you heard that piqued your interest in researching more? For me? Do youall look past? We kind of covered that a bit too. Is there anyone specific you want to note on that I don't even know.
Speaker 2: The picked in one for sure, and I put that one off for a while. That's like a while.
Speaker 1: Well that's when we were holding off on one to do it justice, right, Yeah, because we knew it's at least two parts. Yeah, knowing what you know now about podcasting, is there anything you would change not.
Speaker 2: To do it? Just kidding, just kidding, I'm just kidding, Okay, Okay, the time I don't think I ever anticipated would take quite as much time, But that wouldn't make me prevent from starting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think the way we do it, we did it starting out exactly how we wanted to do it, to be ourselves and just have fun. Yeah, so I don't think I would change anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Okay, the next one we already answered. So after that, are you going to be bringing Jacko back again this Halloween?
Speaker 1: One hundred percent? If you are taking part in the Wicked giveaway right now, Jacko has actually been involved in that, And if you're over on Patreon, Jacko has been making appearances over there. One of the things he actually did over there is he he did a full reading of Edgar Allen's Poe the Raven.
Speaker 2: Riich was pretty awesome.
Speaker 1: Actually. Yeah, so jack will forever be a part of this podcast and he is definitely coming back for Halloween. Yes, how do we meet? Of course we went over that high school. If you could stop only one of the killers that you've covered so far, which one would it be? And why? So I'm going to assume stop them before they kill anybody. Yep, I'm going to say whoever had the highest number, potentially Rodney al Kala. Yeah, so I would say him because I think he had estimated of somewhere in the one hundred and forty or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how many people could you say? Right exactly the most gruesome case you've ever covered.
Speaker 1: I think it's I think it's Junco. Yeah, though there's some other ones that are definitely up there.
Speaker 2: Well, remember there was that one too. Gosh, I'm just looking it up really really quick. This was wild. It was the murder of Elizabeth Olton where it was like the what was it? The nine year old girl went missing and it was this older sister, the friend's older sister, who just like wanted to murder someone. Yeah, that's crazy, crazy young age. What when people do weird shit like that or bad shit like that? A young age blows my mind.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not a question, but a challenge record one episode without swearing. Oh see, I don't know if we could do that.
Speaker 2: Because that would be very fun.
Speaker 1: It wouldn't be very fun, and we're kind of going against who.
Speaker 2: We are, you know, and it would be it would be an interesting challenge.
Speaker 1: It would be a challenge. It would be a challenge because I fucking love swearing. I fucking love it. Bud.
Speaker 2: Wow. If a toy company made an action figure of you, what three items would it come with.
Speaker 1: It'd probably come with some sort of can that we'd be able to open. Microphones, oh.
Speaker 2: Say whine, but yeah, like alcohol, microphones and a.
Speaker 1: Husky and a husky.
Speaker 2: I was just oh yeah, I love it. I would be buying all of them.
Speaker 1: That would be a we just like that's us. What case keeps you up at night? And why again? Going back? Junco Fruda is one of the Rodney al callas. One for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I had said the Richardson's the deeper you dive into a case, I feel like for me anyway, that the more impact it has on me.
Speaker 1: Do you like Ketchup or Dill pickle old Dutch chips? Both being Canadian Ketchup chips hold a place in our heart, same with all dressed right, we like.
Speaker 2: We actually like chips.
Speaker 1: We do. Chips are awesome, Chips are delicious and not very nutritious.
Speaker 2: Not nutritious.
Speaker 1: Would would be your favorite though? Between Ketchup and Dill Ketchup Ketchup? If you could only have one type of chip for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Speaker 2: Whatever we were eating tonight, those Miss Vicki's dijon. Yes, they're so good. Yeah, they are good actually has good flavors of chips.
Speaker 1: I think for me, I'd probably go with like the arebas chips.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, like a dorrito kind of chip bit.
Speaker 1: Well, they're like Dorito's, but they're better.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they have more flavor.
Speaker 1: Actually they're thicker too, they're heavier.
Speaker 2: Yeah, look at us, we're like chip connerswords.
Speaker 1: Chip commis, sewers, pinkies in the air, ladies and gentlemen when you're eating those chips, okay.
Speaker 2: And then that one was why do you guys start out decide to do a podcast? We answer that? And the final final question actually know there's two because one I forgot to write down. Will you ever do the Marilyn Moreau case?
Speaker 1: You know, I've never actually thought about.
Speaker 2: Doing it neither, and I actually love the idea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's some celebrity cases we have on our list, like I want to do Harry Houdini's eventually doing Bruce Lee would actually be another one going. Of course, you know the Manson case. That's another one. But Marilyn Monroe. I never thought of adding that to the list. I think we should.
Speaker 2: We should. I think that would be very interesting research. Actually, yeah, And then the other question that came in was just how's tiny home living?
Speaker 1: It's tiny, Yeah.
Speaker 2: But it's good. Yeah, it's very good. I would say initially, if you ever okay, i'm gonna say, if you ever think that you're going to go into tiny living, I definitely recommend it, but expect a pretty large would you say, learning curve transition? Oh yeah, definitely, because the shows that you watch and stuff, they make it seem like it's pretty easy, peasy and stuff.
Speaker 1: But it's not.
Speaker 2: It's tough.
Speaker 1: Well, if you pay close attention to those shows where you're watching like HGTV and stuff, pay really close attention to what sort of personal items you see in the tiny home while they're going through it. If you don't see any personal items I eat, jacket, hanging up pictures on the wall, chances are it's a stage tiny home. Look for the ones where there's personal effects and affairs and things, flowers and the counter or something might be there because they're setting the stage. If you see a book or something sitting there, someone could be reading it, maybe your laptop, things that are in use. Yeah, that's going to give you a much better perspective on what it's really like.
Speaker 2: Well, then honestly too. At a lot of those ones that are on the shows, they've been in their tiny home for nine months a year kind of thing. And at that point, like now I'm saying like I absolutely love tiny home living. But if you ask me like two three months and I was be like, holy shit, we made a big mistake because it wasn't easy at first.
Speaker 1: It's an adjustment period.
Speaker 2: It was also because we were having some issues with our tiny home and stuff too, which wasn't helping. But yeah, now I would say like I absolutely love it. I love it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The only thing is I would maybe love it a bit more if we weren't in Prince George only because the winter's like, when you're tiny I'm living, you want to spend a lot of time outside and the winters are pretty harsh here. And then when it's not winter, we have pretty bad mosquitoes, So like you can't spend a ton of time where we're living.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're in a bad mosquito.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you can't spend as much time outside as you'd like to perhaps, So yeah that's our Q and A.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we had some really good questions, actually, some good ones that really made us think.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there was a lot that was great, that was fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm definitely going to be thinking on some of these for like the next week to come. I know. I'm like, hmm, I'm going to be asking people I work with what would your last meal be if you were on death row? And I'll get sideway his looks. I know it, but it'll be worth it totally.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a way to start.
Speaker 1: A conversation the safety guy at work, if you were on death row? What would your last meal be? So this is a safety meeting.
Speaker 2: Man, it looks like your gears are really turning right now.
Speaker 1: Well they kind of are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So anyway, thanks so much for giving us all the questions and wanting to get to know us better and just being here and being you like, we appreciate all of you so much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it means an incredible amount. We can't even begin to communicate how much it means, because I don't think Wicked and Grim would be here today if we did have the support that we currently have. So thank you so much. It means so much to us, it really does.
Speaker 2: You have to keep talking because I want to do one more thing. We actually got a sweet review that I was going to read.
Speaker 1: Oh did we got a new review? Oh sweet, So it's bumping down that one if Nicole is so annoying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the one prior to that was so I yeah, I want a couple. I mean, both of us have gotten a few.
Speaker 1: I understand if you don't like someone's podcast, but I mean you're seriously going to leave a review because you just don't like someone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't judge someone's like character.
Speaker 1: Fuck.
Speaker 2: But anyway, this is just like if you have a hot minute to give us a review, like, seriously love it. It makes our day. Okay, So this one just came in on the fifth and it says amazing on a scale of one to ten, one hundred thousand. I love this podcast. It is a great podcast, and Ben and Nicole are awesome. Most true crime podcasts I would imagine would be very dark and sad and awful, but they keep it light with plenty of jokes and laughter and fun conversations in between to make it easier to take in. Keep up the great work.
Speaker 1: That's awesome so much.
Speaker 2: I know, like I just when I go on there and see these new reviews of it, just like warms my heart. Well, thank you for taking that time super appreciated.
Speaker 1: Yes, thank you so much. And it's actually it kind of feels good that someone realizes we're trying to make these conversations a little bit lighthearted, easier to digest. Yeah. Well, and part of it too, is that it takes away some of that power that those perpetrators had, taking away the fear mongering aspect kind of I don't know, kind of pays it back to the victim in my mind.
Speaker 2: Percent yeah, one percent.
Speaker 1: So if you can leave a review, that would absolutely mean the world to us. If not totally cool, we appreciate you either way. Thank you for being here, Thank you for the questions today. If you want to go check us out on our Instagram, Facebook, all the social media down below. If you want to hit us on Patreon, you're more than welcome to join us over there again down below. But if not, you want to listen, we appreciate that just the same.
Speaker 2: So thank you, thank you, and thank you, thank you, and until our next episode, stay Wicked,