Speaker 1: One o one one w jr R, Orlando's rock station Lynchin Taco Show. Time to check it out with some technology news brought to you this morning by tripping Thursday on the jr R Instagram at one oh one one w j r R.
Speaker 2: Where are you tripping to this week? Well, if you win, you could be going to the Moxie South Beach vacation down in Miami.
Speaker 3: How about that?
Speaker 1: If you're not.
Speaker 2: Following us on Instagram, it is at one oh one one wj or R. At one o one one wj or R. We explained what to do on the post war.
Speaker 1: Let's begin this week's check it out with the latest use of technology. Well, in this case to blow up terror groups.
Speaker 3: Uh, it's thought that it's Israel who's behind the last two days of well very this had to take a lot of planning and execution and just to pull this all off, where they managed to take out out some Hesbela terrorists two days ago by blowing up all of their pagers simultaneously, then yesterday they.
Speaker 1: Blow up their walkie talkies.
Speaker 2: Who do we get a lot of stuff from?
Speaker 1: What do you mean?
Speaker 2: Who do we as a country get a lot of stuff from?
Speaker 1: China.
Speaker 2: Think what I'm getting at. Could you imagine right here what I'm holding up? Well, that was that originally, I know that was originally I was holding up my cell phone.
Speaker 1: By the way, The irony in all of this is the Hesbela members shed cell phones and smartphones so they could not be tracked by the Israelis who are trying to hunt them down and end their terror network. And we here at the Lynch in Taco show applaud them for that well done. If you feel differently, there's a college campus you can go to and cry.
Speaker 2: There and throw bricks at something. And it was a whole pilot Brics already set up.
Speaker 1: For The irony is they you know, they shed their their current technology for older technology.
Speaker 2: And then that was rigged to blow up.
Speaker 1: Were able to, but I was thinking, dude, if with our cell phone, don't even put that out there in the like it's not already thought of after all this Hesbela crap. So Americans Hesbola and Hamas both anyway, Americans can now renew their passports online and bypass the paper applications. Now in Florida, we were lucky here because we were part of one of the states in the pilot testing program where adult passport holders who had expired passports within the past five years could just simply renew them online. I did that last year, super easy and simple. Now they were happy with the results. They're rolling this out nationwide, where you know if you're in that group. I just described an adult passport holder that had yours expire within the last five years or will expire in the coming year. You can do this online. Not available for the renewal of children's passports or for first time passport applicants. Yeah, makes sense, So just be aware of that. It's if your passport's about to expire whatever, you don't have to go through the whole tiresome paperwork process. You can do it online.
Speaker 2: And to make you aware of something, I never knew this, and I've been a passport holder for years now. If you're going out of the country and you only have six months left on your passport, there's certain countries that you're not going to be able to get into because of that, or you won't be able to get out of.
Speaker 1: Renew them now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, check your passport and renew it ahead in case some trip falls in your lap.
Speaker 1: Meta is rolling out teen accounts on Instagram Teen accounts coming to Instagram. Parent company Meta Platforms is rolling out the new option with built in protections. Parents can limit who can contact their teenage children and set a timer on their screen. TEPI the features for both new and existing accounts. Current teenage users will be notified that their profiles will be migrated over to the teen tier.
Speaker 2: I heard this and I saw it immediately. I'm not usually a skeptic on things. I'm like, how are you really gonna monitor I'm twenty one.
Speaker 1: You know, well, this is putting the parents in the loop as well, so I yes, yeah, any kind of you get the parents evolves is good. Just Google is working on satellite technology that will improve the detection of wildfires. The search giant is investing in an artificial intelligence powered enhancement to its camera network in space, allowing users to see fire activity on Google Maps. The company is spending thirteen million dollars to improve current satellite imaging to pick up flames in an area as small as sixteen square feet. The upgraded system is expected to be ready as soon as next year. Year. Amazon announcing their October Prime Day dates put them in October to get your geared up for the starting shopping season in Black Friday in November. I guess taco hey, speaking of it'll be October, it'll start on Tuesday, October eighth and run for two days.
Speaker 2: Speaking of ordering stuff, you know for a holidays, and it's crazy they were already talking about that stuff. Are they getting any closer to figuring out this cargo picketing or whatever? Not picketing, but the cargo strike, the cargo ship strike.
Speaker 1: No what cargo ship strike? Strike?
Speaker 3: Google it.
Speaker 1: Dish and Direct TV are in merger talks again. These two companies have talked about this on and off over the years, and the last time they came close to doing it, federal regulator said no, that would be a direct threat to competition. And however, the landscape has changed tremendously in TV delivery services now where they're thinking that this might actually gain approval as both Dish and Direct TV are shedding customers like a dog shed's hair.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I told you, I think a couple of weeks ago, even my parents in their eighties with YouTube TV.
Speaker 1: Now. Don't get me wrong, the satellite companies they still serve a there's a large there's large areas of this country where internet service isn't all that great. Yeah, so you know, still having the ability to use a dish on your home or business that's good, is useful. So maybe those two combining forces probably at this point makes more sense than not. And oh boy, here we go with technology. NFC manicures are the latest nail trend nearfield communication. Yes, you can have ultra tiny tech chips done on your manicures, ladies, So you can, you know, tap your phone and open your TikTok or Instagram now, or have someone pick up a picture on their phone off of something you embed in the chip on your.
Speaker 2: Nail, or I don't know, somebody grab you and force your finger to open your bank account on your phone.
Speaker 1: I think your bank accounts are going to be linked to your manicures, but hey, you never know.
Speaker 2: These days, so you pay for it.
Speaker 1: That's your h your technology, and teck it out for this week. Thank you, sir, Lynchin. Tako's commercial free workday rock Block is coming up. Will there be a double dose of Metallica in there somewhere that will trigger a ticket giveaway for their shows in Tampa? We announced this morning. Yeah, June sixth and eighth, Raymond James Stadium. You shall see at some point we'll play a double dose of Metallite. Once the second of the two songs start, we'll take Caller seventy two for tickets, and that'll play some time before we get off the air at ten o'clock Caller seventy two, of course, in honor of the seventy two World Tour. Newly announced dates here in Florida, Linzen Taco on demand, download the IE