Speaker 1: Good morning Kentucky Anda, and happy Friday. We made it. That's right, we have made it to the end of the week. It's Friday, best day of the week, and we are ready to get off and run in here five oh five Here Kentucky Anda's Morning News with Nick Coffee on news Radio eight forty whas, let's get a roll call. We've got Scott Fitzgerald alongside the one and only John Alden. Good morning, and we've got John Shannon who he's working hard on his newscast and he'll be with us coming up here at about twenty five minutes. But fellas, I'm envious of those who really are are savvy when it comes to utilizing when vacation days fall, because a lot of people, with June teeth being a holiday yesterday, a lot of people didn't have to work. And if you're smart, you then use one of your PTO days or your vacation days today and boom, you get yourself a four day weekend. I mean that's something hard. Yeah, I gotta be more mindful of that kind of stuff because who doesn't love a good four day weekend. So again we're back at it on a Friday, but with the holiday falling on a Thursday. Again, I could see if a lot of people just said, you know what, after Wednesday, when the workday came to an end, their work week came to an end. And if so, shout out to you. You're probably sleeping at this point because you know it's very early. But we're here. We're ready to rock and roll. And Scott, I was wrapping up the show yesterday, and usually I stick around a little bit after just to get a head start on the next day, get some things done. I'm more productive when i'm here. I'm sure you understand. And I told John that I'm actually buying some time because my wife was off work and I was avoiding going home. And that sounds terrible, right, I mean, I don't want to go home because my wife's at home. That's mean. I love spending time with my wife. However, she had the day off and she had plans and this was going to be and it was she did a good job. It was going to be her cleaning day. Do you guys at the household at the Fitzgerald headquarters, at the Alden headquarters, do you all just keep the place clean consistently or is there a moment where it's never a pig style, but you realize, okay, let's spend some time just really not deep cleaning, as if you know it's on the on on your knees, scrubbing the floors. But you know, a good cleanse of the residence. Is that? Is that something on your l's radar? Is it just is it? Does it pop up every now and then?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I mean we did that. I did the cleaning like I love when the house smells like a pool. Afterwards are a big deal to me. You know, we got three TV's. I'll turn a game on and go all through three.
Speaker 1: That's exactly what happened yesterday. I walked in the house after I gave her some time to get it out of the way, to get it done, and it's I could just smell before even seeing it, that the that the house was in a good shape. What about you, John, I'll.
Speaker 4: Say this, it's a lot harder nowadays having a baby in the house.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's true.
Speaker 4: Clean. So that's the last year worries. Right, I've learned to deal with it and be okay with it. But before days he was here, I was kind of the person that would get aggravated if I started the seat. Things pile up, whether it be clothes, random knick knacks around the living room, that sort of thing. So I definitely I feel more at ease around the house when things are picked up, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: I feel like cleaning and that. Look my wife, she doesn't fight me on this because when I do try to help and straighten up, do the dishes, laundry, that kind of stuff and just straighten up. I mean, I think she appreciates it, but it's not necessarily the way she would do it because she's she's kind of a you know, she's she's real. I mean, it's it's a whole day for her. For me, it's just kind of straightened up, just trying to be mindful, trying to keep things in order. When I do that, even though it's maybe not the way she would do it, like, I actually find that to be. It's almost therapeutic in a way, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Yep, it is. Does she rearrange the dishwasher after you go in and put your dishes in?
Speaker 1: No, but she will. She folds t shirts differently than I do, and she won't do it in front of me because she doesn't you know, she doesn't want me to feel as if she doesn't appreciate it, but I guess she's got some OCD when it comes to that, so she'll I'll come back after folding one little laundry and realize, Okay, she's completely refolded these T shirts, which just isn't necessary. But hey, you know, I'm not gonna I'm not gonna fight her on it. And speaking of fighting her on it, this is the way I describe yesterday because it happens every few months to where she just again she's got a day she's almost cleaning out of anger. I don't know what it is, but I call it rage cleaning. And when I said that the first time, I think she wanted to challenge me, and then she realized, no, that's probably the right way to describe it. So yesterday, here's my routine. I found a pretty good comfortable spot to where I usually try to get some stuff done after the show ends, be productive, and then get it get a nap in to where I have I'm not a zombie for the rest of the afternoon, and it's not like I've slept a long time to where I won't be able to fall asleep at night. So I was avoiding going home because it was one of those days where when she's cleaning, she'll be She's gonna want me to know she's cleaning, if that makes sense right, Cabinets being being shut a little bit more forcefully, dishes being put up to where I can I can hear it to where like if I was anywhere in the house, she she was just gonna want me to know that she's working hard, which I do know that she's doing that. So yeah, a rage cleaning day was was that was her day yesterday? And look, I'm happy the house was clean and the caser was one.
Speaker 3: No man, I thought he last night. We'll talk about that coming up in sports. But to your point, yeah, it goes either way. My wife goes through stages where she doesn't want to clean, and then I go through stages like that. But if long enough, if I have enough days off, I'll go through and just start cleaning. And I'm kind of like John, little things laying around kind of bothered me, and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just straighten up a way, you know different. So I will say this, when it comes to cleaning, it's almost like exercise, going to the gym, whatever it may be, to where after you do it, you never regret doing it. You're happy you did it. You do learn a certain amount of calories. That's true and clean. You kind of dread it, you put it off, but then once it's done, you're happy you did it. So I got a clean house. We got Game seven coming up, which will be exciting. So all right, we'll take a quick time out. Let you guys get an update on traffic and weather. We'll have sports coming your way in about fifteen minutes. We've got John Shannon with his first newscast at five thirty. And what I want to get to next, we'll tell you what President Trump said yesterday as far as the decision timeline on what's going to happen if if we're gonna is the is America going to attack Iran or not? I'm sorry, Iran, Iran? Got on? I got Iran? Can I say Iran? Iran? Now totally confused. Anyways, let's get a track of traffic and weather right here on his radio eight borny Whas sometime between now and the next two weeks, we will find out if President Trump is going to attack Iran or not. So we shall see I have.
Speaker 5: A message directly from the President, and I quote, based on the fact that there's a substantial chance of negotiations that may or may not take place with Iran in the near future. I will make my decision whether or not to go within the next two weeks.
Speaker 1: That was the Press secretary. So in the next two weeks we shall see if I had to get in some if I had to lay some action here. As far as are we thinking it's closer to now or closer to two weeks from now. As far as a decision, my gut tells me that the safer wager would be closer to now then in the next two weeks, but I could totally be wrong. It's above seventeen here Kentucky. It's Morning News with Nick Coffee on news Radio eight forty WHAS. Don't forget take us with you wherever you go. Listen live on the iHeart Radio app. Also listen live at whas dot com. And if you want to interact with us, there's always the option to do that with the talkback feature on the iHeartRadio app. So just keep that in mind. We've got sports coming your way in the next seven minutes roughly and of course John Channon's newscast at five thirty, and then Rory O'Neil, he'll give us the latest as far as the things we've really been tracking all week, right the situation between Israel and Iran and also the immigration situation. So we'll try to pick Rory's brain and see if he can give us the latest. And I'm going to do it my best to try to keep up with it, as it's been clearly something that not only is it my job to keep up with it, given you know what I do, but I feel like even if you're somebody that does maybe at times try to just be distracted other things than current events, but this is this is not this is This is certainly a little bit of a different situation to where when it's probably hard to avoid given the nature of what's going on, and also you probably are a little bit more interested because of again the nature of what is going on. So here's here's I guess some development since since yesterday morning. And I'm sure a lot of you have kept up with this as well. But Trump did deny the Wall Street Journal's claim that he approved the strikes but just delayed in actual order, and then yesterday, it almost seemed as if maybe he maybe he contradicted himself a little bit, So nothing would really surprise me in the grand scheme of things. Also, when it comes to the the Ice rays that are going on, this is I guess not surprising, but it's certainly a new, a new element to the immigration plan with with Trump and just trying to get nearly seemingly anybody who's here illegally under any circumstance, they want to get them out of this country. But to hear that ICE wanted to show up at the La Dodgers game and I guess just monitor the parking lot. I don't know if that's the best way to describe what they intended to do, but the Dodgers did not allow that, and then also released a statement on on on their end, just letting everybody know that they were I guess contacted by ICE, but decided not to let them h not to let them show up and just start I guess, grabbing people and and and taking them away. So again not surprising, but this really is another one of the many examples of just how big of a priority this is right now for Donald Trump and its administration that you know, they're they're they're they're focused on a lot of things, hopefully including you know, potentially a World War three situation. But they've been consistent throughout as far as the ice raids, and just the stories are endless as far as those who do in fact live here, uh illegally, but they're they're not criminal. They seemingly are productive to industries that we heavily rely on here in the economy in America. And I don't think those stories are going to stop popping up every day. All right, let's get another update of traffic and weather, and another update in fact, our first update of sports with Scott Fitzgerald right here on Kentucky This Morning News with Nick Coffee on News Radio eight forty Whas. So, I'm looking here at the forecast for this weekend and I'm just I'm sweating just thinking just looking at it. I mean, it's going to be really, really hot. Our first I believe this has got to be the first heat wave that we that we will see so far here in twenty twenty five, but obviously it will not, it will not be the last. John, are you somebody that can you deal with it? Or you are you like me soft. I can just for this kind of I can deal with it in small doses. But I know you mentioned this weekend.
Speaker 4: If you look further ahead, I think it's going to bleed into the majority of next week as well, So it's going to be a long, a long heat wave potentially. And I will say this, it's just in time for summer. Today or tomorrow's the first day of the of the season change. So yeah, I guess, right on the schedule, right, Yeah, exactly right on schedule.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would say the more I consider, just again how soft I am, because I realized, as I say this, there are people who work outside for eight hours a day in this stuff. So I know I'm weak. I'm soft, and here I am complaining, and I'm rarely I can avoid being outside for the most part. So trust me, I'm I'm weak. I know that. And I don't take for granted not only the fact that I am able to be cool and comfortable throughout these hot summer days, but little things like our garage here at four Street Live, where we broadcast from every day. I mean it's not going to be cool and comfortable, but just having like our vehicles covered instead of baking in the sun all through the summer. It goes a long way, right, I mean even having a garage. Our first house didn't have a garage, and I didn't have a garage growing up, so I didn't really know what I was missing out on. And now you know, when we travel, rather it be just for aake or just on the road in the summer, and in my car is not in the shade in covered, it's I mean, getting in your vehicle as it's been sitting baking all day. Even if you have one of those things that you can put in your in your windshield, that will, I guess, try to keep it not as hot and miserable. I mean, there's just when I think of the summer and how much I just dread the humidity that we get around here in these temperatures that are near one hundred degrees, sometimes over one hundred degrees when it comes to the heat index. The first thing that comes to mind when when I start to think of that dread is getting in my car when it's just insanely insanely hot. Which, by the way, those things work, those things you put in your windshield.
Speaker 4: I've never used them.
Speaker 1: I haven't I haven't either, and I they have to work because enough people do it, you know what I mean, Like if it was a waste of time, I don't think anybody would do it. So yeah, be prepared, folks, because the heat is on the way and it'll be arriving today. But moving forward, as as John mentioned, it's it's not just this week, and it's going to be here for a while and right on schedule. All right, it's five thirty eight here Kentucky and it's Morning News with Nick Coffee on News Radio eight forty whas we can touch on this a little bit later on within the morning here. But I did see a story the JCPS. They are investing in a million dollar bus routing software to optimize school bus routes, and of course they want to improve the efficiency, reduce transportation costs, and of course address the ongoing bussing challenges that they've had for a while. And as soon as I saw this headline, I thought to myself, oh, man, I hope that their investment here goes a long way, because they paid I think it was roughly a quarter of a million dollars a few years ago, a couple years back, and that led to I mean, among many things, they trusted an AI platform to help them. It's called Alpha Route. That was the software they previously used, and that led to a disaster that maybe this is a stretch, but I feel like, regardless, if you are somebody that has a kid in the school system, you work in the school system. I mean, it was national news here in Louisville. What a mess it was when JCPS tried to go back to school a couple of years ago. So much so that again, I mean, I think Good Morning America covered it at some point. So there's no scenario if this doesn't go well, like if it maybe looks like it wasn't a wise investment. I have a hard time thinking it would ever be as bad as what happened in August of twenty twenty three. John, you and I were together at the time in the afternoon on the Sports Show, and I mean, it was something it was, again, just an absolute disaster. I felt very bad for everyone involved because understandably so, parents were losing their minds, like why is it nine to thirty and I don't know where my seven year old is? That seems to be problematic. So anyhow, let's get an update on traffic and weather, and then of course we'll bring in Rory O'Neil of NBC News right here on Kentucky and his Morning News with Nick Coffee on news Radio eight forty uhs five forty five here Kentucky and this Morning News. Happy Friday, everybody, it is once again time to bring in Rory O'Neil of NBC News. Rory. Yesterday, we heard from President Trump that there is a substantial chance for negotiations with Iran and a decision is expected to come as far as as America going to strike her, not within the next two weeks. It's fair to say this is a legitimate sign of progress that we could get a peaceful resolution here.
Speaker 2: Well certainly assigned. The President Trump is looking for an off ramp to find a way to reach some sort of an agreement that stops Iran's nuclear ambitions and doesn't get the US anymore entangled in the situation. So it does open that window of opportunity. You know, publicly speaking, Iran still insists, you know, it will never surrender, it will do what it wants to do. But then behind the scenes, you know, we are getting some chatter through back channels that perhaps they could be open to this idea. But again, how they managed to broke or some sort of a deal that lets Iranian leadership stay in place while still having them give up their nuclear ambitions, that's going to be a challenge.
Speaker 1: I would never ask for you for I would never ask for you to speak for anybody but yourself, Rory, But it did seem as if, I guess, considering just a couple of days ago, Trump's comment was nobody knows what he's going to do, and I think you could tell he kind of seemingly enjoyed knowing that he's got everybody on the edge of their seat. Maybe that led to it, but I did feel as if yesterday what you just laid out, as far as just that he wants to have some peace here, it seemed like that did surprise some folks that maybe they were expecting it to be the other way around. I think most would agree this is good. We want peace, at least I would assume most of us do. But I think there was some political pundits that were maybe a little shocked and dare I say, potentially disappointed that this was the development yesterday.
Speaker 2: Well, look, you've also got a divide within the Republican Party. You've got the Hawks side of things, Lindsey Graham and the like that want to take aggressive action to end Iran's nuclear ambitions once and for all, even would like to see regime change. Then you get the other, like the Marjorie Taylor Green Tucker Carlson segment saying, don't get the US entangled in any more of these windless wars. You know, the concern is, look, we can blow up that mountain. That's not really the problem. The problem is what's next. You know, how does Iran respond the aftermath? Proxy's respond, right, What's what's their reaction? Do they shut down global oil trade? You know, do we drag Russia and China into this? Now that's where things get a bit more complicated, is what's the aftermath of taking that action. So that's what's weighing on the president's shoulders. We know he's been briefed on what we can do from a military standpoint to take out that nuclear program. But after that, boy, that's a bit of a gray area.
Speaker 1: Rory on Nal of NBC News is with us here on News Radio eight forty whas let's talk about American made vehicles with all the talk of tariffs, and that's of course been a big deal. There's a new study out from an Understand of which cars here in twenty twenty five have the most American made components? What can you tell us as far as which vehicles are the most American made?
Speaker 2: Do you want to guess?
Speaker 1: No, because I would embarrass myself.
Speaker 2: Uh. This is from cars dot com. They do this list every year. The top four American made vehicles are all Teslas.
Speaker 1: Okay, so it's I would have gone own avoid embarrassment model.
Speaker 2: That's right there, you go, number four, number five on the list rather the Jeep Gladiator. But some of the others in the top ten might surprise you. Coming in at number six is the Kia EV six. The seven is the Honda Ridgeline, followed by the Honda Odyssey, the Honda Passport, and the Volkswagen ID four. So we still haven't said words like Chevy or exactly, so.
Speaker 1: I would have those would have been my first two guesses. Again, which show those shows what I know. So this is more so just as far as all the you know, there's a lot that goes into manufacturing a vehicle, but this is this is this is basically all the components, right, everything that goes into it the most right.
Speaker 2: They look at the whole kitten kaboodle, whether or not the where the transmission was made, where the engine was made, where the seats were made, and they put it all together to compile these rankings. By the way, the Chevy Corvette like America America right, absolutely number well, okay, maybe less so than the Jeep, but still the Chevy Corvette, which is assembled in Bowling Green, Kentucky, has been for decades, comes in at number twenty nine on the list.
Speaker 1: Wow, that that surprises me, and I would be I'd be shocked if others aren't surprised to hear that as well. The Rory thank you as always for your time. Enjoy your Friday, have a great weekend, and we will talk soon. My friend, thanks big, have a good weekend. Take care. That is Rory O'Neil of NBC News. Yeah. I would not have guessed Tesla, but it's one of those things where had I you know, now that I hear that, I guess it's really not that crazy considering what we know. But Tesla doesn't even really come up on my It's still a relatively new type of vehicle in manufacture of vehicles compared to you know, the traditional brands out there. But yeah, Tesla's John. Do you know anybody that has a Tesla?
Speaker 2: I do not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know a couple of people friends that have them, and they love them. But yeah, it still scares me the whole thought of the relying on electric electricity to power the vehicle. But I'm sure one day that's what we all will be driving. Maybe I'm wrong, but we shall, Sir, Elon Musk, Yeah, I mean those And there's a lot of people who I know that love everything about the vehicle and just the new way of you know, driving that are so not aligned with anything about Musk himself, which is a little bit of a of a balancing act for them, it seems. All right, We've got an update of traffic and weather coming your way, and also another update of sports right here our news radio eight forty whas