Speaker 1: Almost in my old intro. What's up, beautiful people, it's your girl story repeat, and this is another episode of Chocolate, Chip and Chip. And today we're not talking about the situationship you keep going back to. We're not talking about standing on boundaries. We're not talking about doing better, choosing better, giving yourself your all. Today we're gonna talk about something even more serious. Where's your mic shot? Exactly? I feel like we talk about being ghosted by a guy you shouldn't have gave a chance to all the time, right, I feel like we talk about toxic situationships all the time. All right, No, we don't talk about just what you keep happening. It's a breakup, but it's a friend breakup, a friend breakup. Now. I know so many y'all have been saying, yeah, yeah, it's not that serious. What's not that serious? Breaking up what a friend is just the same as breaking up with a nigga, just the same as breaking up with your girl. And I'm gonna tell you why breaking up with your friend is hard, because that heartbreak it different. This ain't just somebody, right, you just gay yams too? You say I don't really need to see them again or I'm saying you can just get over as simple as that. No, this is somebody who's seen you at your highest, somebody who's seen you at your lowest, and somebody who might have seen your titties the hurt. The hert is different, Okay, the herd is different. Honestly, fellas, y'all might learn a thing or two. Okay, I know y'all be wondering why girls go to Miami and they't not friends when they get back, you gonna find out. You gonna find out. You gonna find out today.
Speaker 2: We already know because all of them wards have like one or two of them.
Speaker 1: No, that's not true.
Speaker 2: I said one or two.
Speaker 1: No, that's not true.
Speaker 3: Somebody always getting trashed. No, somebody's always getting trashed by a penist, and then somebody's always getting and then somebody's always getting lost, and then somebody whose ain't got no money.
Speaker 2: It's always it's always one of those factors.
Speaker 1: It's it's it's you. You mentioned it too, like it's always home to money or money, or somebody want to be a whole when you're found that's money, or somebody wants to be a You already know started trying to jump ahead like damnigg we got segments, thank you sawone to start with. A friendship breakup hurts just as bad. It's not more than a romantic breakup because number one, you wouldn't expect this type of behavior from your ride to die, bitch. I didn't know you was gonna have to die, okay, when we entered this pact, when we became friends, whether it be when we met each other in the breakroom at work, whether it be when we sat down on the rug together in third grade. I didn't know you was gonna show your ass. I didn't know I was gonna have to sing you to the shadow rem since like it's hard out here, it's just unexpected. I have shared so many juicy details with you, you know too much, like you gotta go, you gotta go. You can be a great person, but this one individual those all your skeletons in your clod it and could be out here trying to tell everybody, like how do you handle that? When we talk about like friend breakups, we always automatically assume it's a girl thing. Fellas be feeling it too, finding out your homie, try to talk to your fine shit or some old work It's hard finding out your homie is actually a bum who's not going to pay you back the money they said they were going to pay you. It's hard, okay, finally maturing and realizing your homie is the nigga who say, yo, Bro, you think I got too many Jordans? When bitches come around, even harder, okay, Like friendship breakups across the scale are hard because it's intimate. Okay, you never expected it and nobody wants it.
Speaker 2: And the pain don't come till three months later.
Speaker 1: I think when you break up with a friend, you have to grieve them, okay, dog, Like I have to grieve you because you're no longer here. You're dead to me. Can't just say I don't watch you anymore, bro, And I be real pissed when it's like I gotta I gotta meme or real I want to sing you because I know you wanted. A few people who go and get it and think it's funny, Oh my god, it beat the worse like and then it's like we'll stop being friends then like two years later, like Instagram or Facebook says people, you may know I know that hole and I don't like her no more. We're not friends. We're not cool.
Speaker 2: We're not cool. This is six years ago.
Speaker 1: Discover you ain't never lied to you ain't never lied or like you said, like and here come folky ass Facebook. Remember when you was friends with this bitch six years ago? Okay, I do.
Speaker 2: I don't want you, but I do.
Speaker 1: It's hard when you gotta stop fucking with the person who knew your passwords right. And it's hard when you gotta imagine your life without so when you may have planned the rest of it with not on like some we getting married stuff that was like, Yo, bro, I expected you to be at my wedding. I expected you to be standing next to me, like I expected you to be standing next to me as I'm grieving you know, my mom, my grandmom. Like I expected you to be at the birth of my child, at my kids graduation, like I envisioned this for us because we were so locked in. This is SHOT's fault. Just so y'all know, Shod told me last week. He was like, Yo, bitch, I'm sick of you talk about relationships, so go with something else. So this is SHOT's fault. So yeah, the next thing I want to talk about the only thing Worse than breaking up with a friend is seeing them hanging out with people y'all wasn't cool with when y'all was friends. Now, when the fuck did this happen? I'm confused? Now, y'all chum chummy, Now y'all, buddy buddy, didn't she burn us? Don't that whole owe us money? How are y'all friends? Didn't that nigga say he was gonna come through and he didn't? How are y'all friends? Now? That be the part that be getting me so bad? When fucking Meghan said Op's linked up in a picture, I felt that on a spiritual level, y'all don't even like each other. Y'all just don't like me. It's never gonna be you. To see how low you would go makes me realize you was never really my friend.
Speaker 2: In the beginning, we was.
Speaker 1: Just in the group chat talking about this girl. Now y'all friends. Now y'all bumping coot chase. Okay, maybe not bumba coe cheese, but you know, y'all sharing pocketbooks, same thing, same thing. The only thing worse than that is when they start hanging out with people you introduced him to. Jesus, my friends get out of here. Okay. It even worse when the people you introduced them to, y'all not really locked in like that, so they don't got no reason to choose sides, so you can't be mad at them. But you could be mad at your funky ass ex friend because you know what, Or you just go around trying to recruit other people not to like me, hate me on your own. How don't You don't need no backup? Hate me on your own. You do not need to venture out and rally a squadron of people not to like me. Okay, you don't gotta do that, Hey me with your chest?
Speaker 2: Ye?
Speaker 1: No, Because a man might not deliberately recruit other men not to like you, but he'll start dirty macking and dry snitching and saying shit about you that other niggas cannot want to fuck with you for same thing. I'm sorry. What you're done, You're fucking done. I stopped being friends with somebody, and afterwards I just looked back and said, how didn't I know that wasn't my friend? Like when they say hindsight is twenty twenty, it is twenty motherfucking twenty. I can look back and pinpoint every situation where it should have became clear that they are not your friend. Every compliment they give you comes with some backhand smart ass like other comment like what are we doing here? I don't like that, Or it's like whenever they need to borrow money from you, it's okay, but whenever you ask for your money back, damn, I didn't know we was counting favors. Uh, we're not. I'm we also not taking advantage of me either. How come they don't never have the same urgency they had when they returning the money as when they were when they was asking for the money. It's the timelines are never the same. There I need that money.
Speaker 3: Being a strong friend, always being called being the one a child we need. Okay, let's go, let's go, let's go. This is low key my fault because I enabled this behavior by, you know, just being being loyal.
Speaker 1: It's hard when you're genuinely a good person because you're not counting favors. You're not doing things because you expect something in return. You're doing things out of the kindness of your heart and your mind.
Speaker 2: You looking out for.
Speaker 1: Your homie, so they're automatically going to look out for you. But everybody don't think that way. Or it's like whenever you tell them some good news, some accomplishment, some new accolade, all of a sudden, this you congress on your little promotion.
Speaker 2: Hold on, bitch, big promotion, big money.
Speaker 1: Okay, Oh yeah, I see you got your little show popping, big show. Okay. Oh you know, I see you out here with your new little car or whatever. Big car, big fucking lease, big fucking whatever. Okay, put the right energy on it. They always want to throw some little shit to make it seem like it's not that deep. These are all signs that that person isn't really your friend. But if you're a good person and you have a good heart, you're gonna miss them all. You are going to miss them all. When old people be like, oh, if it was a snake, it would it bit me, baby. It is so crazy how you can look back and see every single situation where that person wasn't really down for you, that person wasn't really in your corner, And it sucks. It fucking sucks because the whole time you was riding and looking out for them out of the kindess of your heart. And then don't let you try to better yourself and go to fabry and start making better changes and better decisions in your life. So now you don't want to do a lot of that fuck stuff no more. All of us is damn you changed. Nah, Baby, I grew and I see that you're not right and not be the worst part, like out growing your friends. Out Growing your friends is sometimes worse than one of them doing you dirty because you don't even have a reason to say, like, this can't work, no more other than baby's shoe. It's not me, it's shoe, And that's hard. I feel like a lot of times we see people fall out on the internet, or we see people in our inner circle stop being friends and it's like, well what now, and the crash outs be immense. But if you're one of those people who's trying to figure out how to navigate your life after a friend breakup, I got some suggestions for you. First things First, I don't want y'all to go on the internet and start crashing out and telling everybody's business. Okay, I don't want to hear about how they tub got dirt rings around it, and how they wear holy drawls and how they always broke and how they are ho or how they don't get no hold. I don't want to hear none of that, because when it was doing all that, that was your fucking best friend, and that was the people you were surrounding yourself with. So keep that same energy. It wasn't a problem when y'all was friends. Okay. She wasn't a dirty, nasty hoe who owed you money when y'all was linked up and hanging out every day. Okay. He wasn't a broke nigga who you always had the front money for that press the girls and let him borrow your car, borrow your clothes. He wasn't that when y'all was besties. So I don't want to hear it when y'all stopped being friends, okay, because apparently that was just the company you keep. Instead. What you can do is, I know y'all don't like it. I know y'all don't like it, but give it a try. Therapy, journaling, self care. I know these sound like sugar buzzwords and he just goes in one air and out the other, But I promise it makes a difference. Ask yourself, what do you look like when you are practicing self care? A lot of people won't have to answer, can it enter? Maybe taking a bath, going shopping, taking a walk, taking a mindful walk, Like what else can we do for you that's just for you to get your mind off. I go to church, release them demons, okay, journal, take a bath, take a walk, ride your bike. All right, pour back into you and don't jump into filling the void. And when I say filling the void, I'm gonna say probably the toughest part about breaking up friends as an adult making new friends because honestly, if it's not like at work as an adult, where do we make new friends? Church? Okay, the gym, okay, work, Ugh, Losing your core friend group and having a start over or losing your best friend as an adult is hard, never mind the trust issues that you're gonna have coming off of that. But it's like just as an adult going up to people like Hi, I'm Gibbie.
Speaker 2: That sucks.
Speaker 1: It sucks regardless. We need to have the energy of you know, I'm not mad. You just can't sit with me no more. And if that means I got a rebuild my own table without you, then it is what it is. So now we're going to get into Then there's a segment somebody come look at this.
Speaker 2: Okay, Oh I like it.
Speaker 1: We are going to get into some funny stories that I found on Reddit, and you know, today we're talking about friendship, so these have to do with friends, and you know, like, no, you need to because last time you didn't you need to be on the mic. Last time you just yelling at the background. Now we're going to get into some cool stories from Reddit about friendships or lack thereof. So the first one, am I the asshole for not forgiving my best friend for sleeping with my ex even though she.
Speaker 2: Said it wasn't that serious.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, checks ash And seeing these chit fucking reels on social media, I gotta send the team where we're done. My ex, thirty mail and I twenty nine female, dated for three years. We broke up amicably, but it still hurt. I thought he was the one. About three months after our breakup, my best friend of ten years, Kayla, admitted she'd been talking to him. I don't like that term sounds like a war Jesus Christ. I was stunned. She said they'd hooked up a few times and wanted to tell me before it got serious. Now, hold on, Kayla, hold on, Kayla, we're gonna have to process the timeline a little better, Okay, because hooking up a few times, baby, it's already serious. You have a steady situationship going here. Like just because y'all not my boyfriend and girlfriend on me, it's serious. You needed to tell me when y'all exchange numbers and asks permission, then, okay, telling me after y'all already did the no pants dances crazy. I was crushed. I didn't expect lifelong loyalty to my ex, but I did it expect her not to crawl into bed with someone I loved. She said it wasn't serious and I was being possessive. I told her we were done. She tried to guilt trip me by bringing up all the time she was there for me doing the breakup, and said, I'm throwing away a decade long friendship over casual sex, the same casual sex that you also threw away a decade long friendship with because you come, come on, and then you wanna try to gaslight knock your frontsut all this deca.
Speaker 2: The world you are that one. That's what I would have said.
Speaker 1: All this dick, not just all this dick all this casual dick you can be getting. You choose mine, you choose my old one.
Speaker 2: Three months, Rob, Oh, you don't want to talk about serious.
Speaker 1: Bright, they've been together for three years. You didn't seen me three three Christmases, three birthdays. We probably had a group check by this time, like you was plying. It's giving you was plying. She said, Maybe I'm being dramatic, Maybe it wasn't that serious, but it feels serious, and my asshole ending our friendship over this, baby. I'm gonna hold your hand when I say this. Y'all was never friends. Okay, the friendship was already.
Speaker 2: Over as soon as I heard knew.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Okay, you can't blame all the Kaylas for this. You cannot blame to me personally. It's really the fact that y'all was together three years and she tried to guess like you into making it seem like it wasn't that deep.
Speaker 2: That's like when you hold somebody down here, like I didn't ask you to all those things.
Speaker 1: She think you sweet sis. Okay, no, you're you're not the asshole. I don't I don't know about y'all, but I don't think she said something you're spaghetti. I'm gonna go to the next story, and mighty asshole for refusing to continue the date because she showed up with the friend unannounced, y'all. Why y'all do this, y'all? Good boy, I cannot continue to defend y'all with these type of shenanigans. Okay, y'all are making it hard for me. It says basically, got matched on tender for a Saturday date. We agreed on some cafe in public, and she shows up with a friend of hers who's to be fair more attractive than herself.
Speaker 2: That was your first mistake, syst That's crazy.
Speaker 1: If you're going to show up on a date with somebody else, bringing somebody more attractive than you is bold as hell. But you know what, I take that back. What if her thought process was if my friend is fine, he'll pay for her drinks too, So I don't know.
Speaker 2: She might have been cooking left. Okay.
Speaker 1: So when I met them, I asked what's up, and she said, I bought a friend if you don't mind, just to be more comfortable. I replied, I thought this was a date since I specifically asked if you would like to go out for food and drinks with me. She basically said her friend wanted to come for security reasons. All Right, I'm gonna be real you. If everybody's grown here, right, like everybody's is an adult, you don't need to be going to dates with your friends. If you are going to go on a date with your friend for security reasons, sins play the game smart, sit a table away, put a menu in front of your face like you play the game.
Speaker 3: Sets feel uncomfortable with me. I'm feel uncomfortable on you. We're not doing nothing now. I agree that's crazy.
Speaker 1: Because you saying you brought your friend for security reasons. What if he think y'all trying to rob him for security reason?
Speaker 2: To like, that's crazy. A whole nother person do, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: Dog. I got annoyed and said I'm not doing a three person date. Sorry, have a good win and left. I'm a twenty seven year okay, and this what pitches me, Hey, twenty seven, which means y'all are around twenty seven, So everybody is grown. I'm twenty seven years old with almost no free time, looking for a serious partner, not some situationship or a fun night man. My profile also clearly states looking for something serious and long term online and offline talk about is this normal to bring a friend on a date? Or am I just behind with the times?
Speaker 2: Baby?
Speaker 1: No, it's not. No, it is not normal. And whoever is spreading the word that it's okay to go on a date with your girlfriend who's not incognito, because I don't mind if she incognito. Who's not incognito? That's not okay bring.
Speaker 3: Out with people where you feel like you need to bring somebody for security in the first place.
Speaker 1: I was just about to say.
Speaker 3: That anything that I do at that point is gonna looking I'm gonna be nervous walking.
Speaker 1: If you are, say to the point where you feel like you don't feel safe with this person, ask yourself why? Because he just said y'all met during the day in a public place. He didn't take you to no hole on the wall like bar in the middle of North Philly. He's taking you to some place in the day in public, Like, what is he gonna do? Sis? And I don't want to say what's he gonna do? Because I know things have happened. But if you're at a point where you're this uncomfortable, maybe you shouldn't be dating. Maybe you're not ready to step out there and get to know new people and try new things. Maybe you should go see a therapist.
Speaker 3: Figure out friends, should get a job and take yourselves off food and another fucking thing.
Speaker 1: Friend who's more attractive as the more attractive friend?
Speaker 2: What are you trying.
Speaker 1: To steal her man or hurt her potential man? Because I don't really like how this is working out as the more attractive friend, you should know you don't need to be bringing no other friends, Like what are we doing here? Daytime in a public place is safe enough. So let me ask you a question. What would you do if you showed up to a date and your date for a friend? Me me personally, I don't know. A two v one handicap match is crazy? All right, y'all? You know, scrap, shut up? You know. I just want to say, if you're having a hard time, shot just dropped this blunt. If you're having a hard time dealing with a friend breakup, you're not alone, and the feelings that you're feeling, whether it be hurt, whether it be betrayal, whether it be discussed, because you can't even believe you were ever friends with a person like this, all of this is valid, and I want you to know that although it may be hard, you will get through this and you will make even better friends.
Speaker 2: Who won't be pieces of shit.
Speaker 1: So it'll be great friends who actually want to be friends with you for you, and aren't just using you for your money, using you for Cloud, maybe using you for the girls that you have around you, using you for the gods that you have around you. Okay, something better is coming. I also want to say my birthday is on Sunday. By the time this drop, my birthday will be yesterday actually, but my message is always going to be the same. Follow me on the gram at Stormy Pea, at Chocolate Chip and Sip and if you don't remember anything else, please remember you weren't the problem. I love you, guys, and I'll see next week.
Speaker 2: Peace.