Speaker 1: Hey, everybody, It's Tuesday, January fourteenth, twenty twenty five. We are halfway through the month of January, and I have not seized the month enough because my name is Janehoa host the Josh Bomb Cast, Episode eight hundred and seventy three, powered by Poggs. That's right, whatever you want it to be, spell it however you want it. But what is purely defined here is co captain of the ship Jeff Grubb.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're gonna rename it to Jebruary. If you're not careful, man, you got to start picking up the pace here in January.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, I'm gonna start disco choa Elysium next Monday. Just we'll just roll with that. Oh yeah, we we have our own narrative designer of Giant Pump dot Com Dan Reikert. Wait, do it again.
Speaker 3: I want to do the Raymisterio entrance.
Speaker 1: Okay, we've got our own car six one night.
Speaker 3: Hey, what's up, guys, it's pretty good.
Speaker 1: That was very good. Can you do the snekara one next podcast?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I get a trampoline out and my head on the ceiling and.
Speaker 1: We can't talk about POGs if we're without the grand Master, the authority, the pog Slammer, the bad boy of games media, the playboy of the site. Mike Manati, Hi, Hey, how's it going.
Speaker 3: It's great. It's great to be me. How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm good? Now?
Speaker 3: What's going on here?
Speaker 1: Mike? What's up? Come on? You're the happy guy.
Speaker 2: You could call him the pog Slammer and he has to pretend he doesn't like it?
Speaker 1: Come on?
Speaker 3: How are you gonna spell Pog on the shirt.
Speaker 2: The correct way?
Speaker 4: I feel like I opened my mouth and I get people like Mike's gonna be canceled, and I'm like, why did I say something about super Metroid?
Speaker 5: You are the one explaining what Pog was loudly on this podcast before, because you asked.
Speaker 3: It wasn't on this podcast. It was on something Okay? I think goes there? Anything goes.
Speaker 5: Killed.
Speaker 1: Jimmy Carter that their adult swim is yes, yes, uh, it's also our snick. It is also Gas.
Speaker 4: Got a miss Gas Gas Nicola and Games and Sports was the best channel ever.
Speaker 1: Why why hasn't anyone reached out about letting us collectively host like a game show like that?
Speaker 5: Did they ever bring back guts? I feel like they brought everything they even tried with Legends of Hidden Temple.
Speaker 3: Kid kids game shows just aren't thing anymore.
Speaker 1: People just insane. They on that ship.
Speaker 3: They just want Bester beast like get like that.
Speaker 2: Definitely definitely want like taking over. You're right, there was that like the floor is Lava show on Netflix that.
Speaker 1: Was yeh sure, sure yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean they made all those shows that because they're probably very cheap to make, but yeah, I love them.
Speaker 5: Also, I remember, even as a kid, thinking the best job in the world would be the guys that had to stand on top of the Agro Crag with the pham boulders and you're just being in these fucking kids ye boulders. Like as a kid, I could see you as a teple guardian too, Yes, absolutely, but I'd be given like snug clotheslines and stuff.
Speaker 2: I've always said my my dream job would be to be that big, burly American guy that was on to Keshi's castle that would just run into Japanese people that were trying to get to the end of an obstacle course. That would be my dream job.
Speaker 1: As you try and pronounce where you go, I can't say it now. Yeah, go to I feel like these those game shows do exist, but they're all on the streamers. Now. Have y'all heard of Human Versus Hamster? No? It is a mattress the one to watch for HBO. So that's where I watch my wrestling. Yeah, yes, yes, uh so. The premise is they have like an obstacle course for a human to run. Okay, they also have a similar obstacle course that is a replica for a hamster to get through, and then the human has to race the hamster the shit.
Speaker 5: Out of any hamster in that situation. Put me on that show, for shoot, that would be incredible. Man, I want to be on any game show. I applied to be on the New Supermarket Sweep.
Speaker 2: Put me on.
Speaker 1: I'd be great on a game show.
Speaker 3: You would be Yes, I don't know what's going to disagree with you?
Speaker 1: Where were you folks in twenty twenty five, when Dan shifted his focus on trying to defeat children worldwide to hamsters.
Speaker 5: I would also do a game show where I try to defeat children, and I would beat most of them at most things.
Speaker 2: We should just spin off any related are you Are you smarter than a fifth grader? Do you think you would handle that one, all right?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: What great is Dylan in?
Speaker 1: Not? How old is he's?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 5: I think so he's like fourth or fifth or Okay, seriously, I'm not kidding at all. Throw that kid on a trivia show with me. I will kick his ass.
Speaker 2: But are you smarter than fifth grader? Is the stuff you learned on back to school and immediately forgot?
Speaker 3: All right, hit me with something, I'll give you my shoot answer?
Speaker 2: Uh yeah. The process that makes the sun give a photo? He's got everybody right?
Speaker 1: All right? What is the powerhouse of the cell?
Speaker 3: This was Miandria?
Speaker 1: All right, Okay, Okay, I think we're good.
Speaker 3: I think I was ready for tell Hawaii?
Speaker 1: Is he got it? Guys? I think we're ready. I think we're ready for big Cat. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The first one was completely incorrect, but yeah, yeah, yeah, we're good. Yeah, are you joking?
Speaker 5: I didn't let you finish, so I was trying to be cocky and say, before you finish the whole thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what is the process by which the sun gives off energy?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: Where's the energy coming from? What is that process called?
Speaker 1: He cool? All right, there we go. Better than photosynthesis? Ye, solar flares?
Speaker 2: Yeah, nuclear fusion.
Speaker 3: Yes, there's not snorks on the fucking Sun.
Speaker 1: No, No, that's where they store them. And there's there's nuclear Okay.
Speaker 3: It is weird how little you.
Speaker 4: Know about the Sun specifically. Most people are very interested in learning about the Sun. That'd be very happy about it. I am pros Sun. We named entire days after it. You know, I'm a big Sun fan. Okay, Like, I don't want to change any of that operation.
Speaker 5: I'm just not going to talk about No, I don't know how the inner workings work, you know.
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 1: Hmmmm, you know what? I still I still think we should spin off no one this, this part of the podcast is not going to get posted. All right, everyone watching live, huddle up together, all right. We're just gonna make a game show network. Okay, yeah, yes, all right, but we're also going to be able to compete on the game shows.
Speaker 2: Yes, Oh that's fun.
Speaker 3: Can we make it a work so we always win?
Speaker 1: Of course? We run that, we run it. Why have done this before?
Speaker 2: This seems a great They did do it, and they got a lot of trouble.
Speaker 3: Was this the McDonald monopoly?
Speaker 2: Uh and the that like game show guy that like they tried to make look extra smart to tell the truth.
Speaker 1: Or everyone lying about his video game stats?
Speaker 2: Again?
Speaker 5: What was it the George Clooney Black and White movie? What was the with Sam? What am I thinking of?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 2: I don't think it was George Clooney black and White one. I think was it Ralph Finds and Rains.
Speaker 1: You're read onto this conversation too, Okay, what's the one I'm fucking thinking about? It's black and white?
Speaker 5: It was like was saying it was Edward Norton or Sam Rock called good night and good luck?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Good? Well, yeah, but that was not a game show. I don't remember what it was that was him about. That was him doing the nightly news, the Taylor Soldier spot. I'm sorry, but him thinking no, good night, you got good luck is about a famous nightly news anchor, not a game show. I can see how the confused because they're both on the television.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but when you think about it, are they so different?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 1: Wow, And that's your metaphor of this week, folks. Thanks for joining us for the Giant Bombcastle. See you next week.
Speaker 4: For another I was watching the wind Bag yesterday. He seemed to shoot hot as a work. Uh he said that Giant Bomb unfollowed him and then like followed him back right away.
Speaker 3: But I get to the bottom of this. What happened here?
Speaker 1: Oh okay, so I will oh no, no, no, no, no, I'm not involved in this, Okay. I was looking for people to raid and then I think I had said it set it up to raid Bailey. And then I checked who else was streaming, and I was like, oh, the wind Bag is streaming, but it wasn't on like are followed? So I checked. I went onto wind bags twitch channel and then I hit follow and then I was wondering for myself who unfollowed? Who pressed the button?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Oh, followed him as the giant bomb account for a long time many times.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I then a guy access to the twitch account who.
Speaker 1: It's Wow, it was I never liked yeah anyone heat Yeah yeah, likes like Dylan and like Wayne Gretzky. Guys, if you look at Backlar's Blue Sky, he's only following a burner for Dibb Wayne Gretzky and he's unfollowed all of us. That is true. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. Anyway, how's everyone doing? Okay? Great? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Actually I felt decent today. I think most of the year I had been sick until like yesterday, I finally felt so that's nice.
Speaker 2: I started eating kim chi.
Speaker 1: Did you see the thing about it fighting obesity?
Speaker 2: No? I, but I did watch a movie about gut health documentary and they mentioned it in there.
Speaker 1: There's stuff in your gut.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, But it's like, when you think about it, it's like we didn't have brains for like a long time in evolution, but we had guts the entire time.
Speaker 1: We had to eat stuff.
Speaker 2: So it's like, what did they do before they had brains. It's like, oh, the gut was just doing all the thinking.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's like serotonin receptors in your gut.
Speaker 1: It's crazy. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, anyway, kim chi, that's that's good. That's real good. You open it up and it's all bubbly like champagne, but there's a bunch of vegetables in there and that's weird. And then you eat it and it tastes awesome. Yeah. Yeah, stuff. Yeah.
Speaker 1: It seems like a look at the most you foods.
Speaker 2: Yeah oh yeah, yeah, I'm into I had to look at like, wait, I thought fermented always meant alcohol, and it's like, oh no, that depends on what you're fermenting like.
Speaker 3: Rotten, so I stay away from that.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, okay, that's not really I mean it does beers like there's living things in there, such.
Speaker 1: Stay away.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you drink beer, yeah yeah, but it's not alive. Yes, it's beers, not alive. I'm not gonna do I'm not doing.
Speaker 1: This from cheek and.
Speaker 5: Anything with living running around to me. But was inside of it like that, I'm not doing this.
Speaker 2: But that's what makes the gut good.
Speaker 6: You need that stuff, I mean good gut probiotics, mental gymnastics to explain why actually I don't drink enzymes and beer or whatever.
Speaker 4: And then you just went and ate all the degreaser because he didn't want to do it intentionally.
Speaker 1: It was five bucks, but you did do it attentionally.
Speaker 3: That was the major point of the story.
Speaker 5: Well, I didn't like, oh I'm gonna have a bowl of degreaser for dinner.
Speaker 1: Weird.
Speaker 2: No you did, though, because you knew what it was. But you still ate it.
Speaker 5: But I'm not fucking up anymore. I've been making dinner every night now and it's like I'm learning. I learned how to not make the chicken explode all over me. And burn me with oil. That refused to be proud of you. No, it's I'm feeling great. I'm good enough in the mornings. I'm feeling healthy.
Speaker 1: It's good. You know what. I'm going to continue to be proud of you.
Speaker 3: Dan, you're reading a supportive I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: It's the duality of man here.
Speaker 5: All right, thank you, heykay, it turns out okay, actual question here.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 5: So I'm actually trying to get better about this. I learned because I'm doing the chicken thing. So I buy a thing of like six or seven chicken breasts. I individually put them in ziplock bags with some seasonings and some marinade, throw them in the freezer, and then when I'm ready, I tossed it in the souv a couple hours. I got a nice, delicious chicken breast of the end, but it's got a marinade in there, and sometimes water gets in the bag, so it's very wet. And so I realized early on that I was putting the chicken into like I take a pan, I make it medium hot. I put oil in the pan, and then I dropped the chicken in and it's just Shit's loud, and it's spray everywhere. It's burning me. It's all over the stovetop. So yeah, last night I looked up some stuff. If I don't google, I googled it and I padded down the chicken breast with paper towels to make sure they weren't wet because it's the thing with the water and the oil, and that actually helped a lot. Now my question, I have long heard the thing about oil and water don't mix. That's a saying that people say all the time, right, It's just it's saying, and it's the truth. I understand, okay, But I'm trying to understand the mechanics of it because okay, I've got that figured out now with making sure the chicken's not wet when I put it in. But when I'm done, I put the chicken on the plate, then I got a pan full of I guess it's oil at that point, olive oil probably, and I'll put it in the sink and sometimes I put the water in there and it goes crazy and it's loud and it's scary.
Speaker 3: So what is happening with that oil and water? And how do you.
Speaker 4: Safely do the oil and water first off, let your pan cool before you start cleaning it. That's not gon'd be good for the pan.
Speaker 1: Okay, damn, do never pour that oil down the drain. I've been doing that every night.
Speaker 2: Okay. And what's your Q? So what is your question about? Like are you asking my oil and water don't mix it?
Speaker 3: Just what is the right way of dealing with this?
Speaker 1: Okay? So state your problem again that you want to deal with.
Speaker 5: So I'm full, like when I have a pan full of oil oil and you want to clean it. Yeah, and I've done it and I realized that, like, oh okay, it seems like if I put water straight in it, it's just so ape.
Speaker 2: Shit, right, don't put water like So that's this is why we have the greaser, because you mix the degreaser in with the water and that will help it bond a little bit more to the oil because the oil is one of them has a polarity and the other one doesn't. Where it's like they have a positive electron on one end and that is where they don't.
Speaker 1: We're going to macro.
Speaker 2: We're going okay, yes, it's about polarity. That's why they don't come together. But when you get soap in there. It helps it mix together.
Speaker 1: And they help it bond and open the oil.
Speaker 3: And then I put water in there.
Speaker 1: No, no, just let the oil cool down on the stove. Yeah, and get a pick, let the pin cool down for a while.
Speaker 4: Then get a paper towel and wipe down the pin to get a lot much to get that way, and put that in the garbage, which is a better way of disposing it than putting it down your drain. Then you can rinse off the rest with the degreaser in the water in the city.
Speaker 1: Have you ever poured hot oil down the toilet? Why would oil be near the toilet? I don't know, because like pouring cooking oil down your sink is very bad for those pipes, and you've clogged a lot of toilets. So I just assumed no I ever even cooking to know.
Speaker 2: OK.
Speaker 5: So wait, so, so you don't pour oil down the drain because it clogs pipes.
Speaker 1: Yes, very very bad for pipes.
Speaker 3: And DRAINO doesn't it'll do a little bit.
Speaker 2: But you don't. You don't.
Speaker 1: You don't in the first place. Yeah, but a plumber could fix it, right, It could be them.
Speaker 3: You were just worried about ten hours with the spare five as much. Five food has a lot of money thing.
Speaker 1: It's a food.
Speaker 3: It was your side dish.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we gotta get a veggie on there, you don't, you know normally, Sure, that's great, that's admirable. But if the options are no veggie or veggie with a greaser, I think you could do no veggie for one day.
Speaker 5: By the way, I'm on two weeks of eating healthy now. Significant changes to my poop. Yeah, Like it's just like a two foot long, unbroken, just flat Microsoft paint, brown film color.
Speaker 1: It is just fucking wow.
Speaker 3: Seriously, I was looking at it today, like an hour ago to like, goddamn, that's.
Speaker 5: The turdet, double tapered. No, just it's literally it was like two feet long. It was like I could see maybe a foot and two inches and it kept going down indefinitely.
Speaker 1: Fight to fuck again.
Speaker 3: We gotta talking about video games?
Speaker 1: Crazy? How good my poop is? You know, I I here's a little hitside baseball into my my week. I start the Mondays. You know, we have a lot of setup for the week, and my my weekly therapy appointment is Monday afternoon, and the commonality and the anchor is, I'll tell her. It's like, hey, you know, like there's a lot of stuff going wrong in my life and I'm trying to improve. But at least I'm very thankful for my coworkers because they act as anchors and are a good time. And now I think I'm regretting that I'm telling you about how healthy I am. You regret that, No, I am very picture tomorrow, you know, he might that's the won't. I won't do that. That's beyond me.
Speaker 3: I've never taken a picture by poop.
Speaker 1: Just send me, uh, like a symbol that you think it looks like? Does it look like an amper sand an at sign.
Speaker 2: Dot com?
Speaker 1: Still a thing? It's no, I don't know.
Speaker 5: It's like if you took like five things of silly putty together and he went like this until it was like all like really just one long w and then he sneaked it down. And are you eating like asparagus Russells Sprout's big old salads.
Speaker 2: I'm making it just like your body got fiber for the first time ever.
Speaker 3: It's crazy. I have like energy, I feel alive.
Speaker 1: Imagine if this is someone's first podcast, you do have a lot of energy.
Speaker 4: You voluntarily wanted to jump like Graymisteria the beginning to dazz and I'm not sure.
Speaker 1: Great working out like seven in the morning. Hell yeah, Oh that sounds awful. Oh it's awesome. Okay, all right, Dan, you're you're working at a lot of things. You're revisiting stuff, you're revisiting eating good, but you've also been revisiting Red Dead Redemption two. Then I ze to see how that has been going.
Speaker 5: And I can't remember if I I think I brought it up on this site, brought it up, but just started maybe not on here. Okay, that's right, And like, okay, so Mike, you're a pro Red Dead two guy.
Speaker 3: I'm proud.
Speaker 5: Okay, Jan generally pro. No, No, Jan doesn't like it. Okay, I'm exact. I'm in the same campus Grub. Okay, so me, Jan and Grub, I think we're all very much in the same camp with the Red Dead two. This has been very interesting. And I'm not gonna go and say like all of a sudden, no, guys, it's the best game ever.
Speaker 3: It's not that.
Speaker 5: And the things that frustrated me before are still at times frustrating me. But I will say, coming to it now so much further past the release with the knowledge of what to expect, because like I'm remembering the first time I walked into a place and I had to like search drawers and I was like, what the fuck?
Speaker 3: Why is he moving so slow?
Speaker 5: I am expecting it this time, and that has helped a lot, and I'm learning like, Okay, when I'm on a mission, I'm just going to follow this guy and talk to him while we're on a horse, you know, like that, I'm not going to go off and try to do my hunts right now, I like section off like it's story time, it is hunting time. It's let's just ride my horse east and see what happens time. And there are things that I've been doing that have been helping in terms of like, so first person mode, it's good for the combat. Yeah, it's also I don't like it as much on the horse like traversing.
Speaker 3: Because it's just the field of view. I've tried bring out the field of view whatever.
Speaker 5: Anyway, walking through towns is the biggest change I've noticed because if you're just walking out around town third person, he kind of just ambles. He just kind of like saunters around. It's very very slow when you go into first person. I've gone back and forth to kind of test this. He moves so much faster. So just walking from the doctor to the saloon to the hotel or whatever, it's just so much faster. And then once you're in there, first of all all the details and everything of all these things they've put all over the walls and drawers and stuff.
Speaker 1: It looks much better.
Speaker 5: But it just seems it feels better than just watching a guy from third person beams, you know.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I've been switching back.
Speaker 5: And forth a lot from first and third person and that has helped a lot. And god damn if it doesn't run great on PC. I mean just these like vistas and and just the weather effects and everything, and like, I'm liking the story I'm playing. I played the first time around as like I'm gonna be root and tooting, crazy cowboy guy and aha, you look at me, weird, I'm shooting you in the head. You know, now that I played through it in its entirety the first time, and now that I kind of know who ARTHURM.
Speaker 3: Morgan as a character is.
Speaker 5: I'm playing it more as and like he's a guy who's done some bad things and he's reflective about it, but he's at his heart probably a good person, you know.
Speaker 3: So I'm playing him that way and that's been.
Speaker 5: More rewarding from a story perspective, and so Grub I know you specifically, that's the thing that drove you nuts.
Speaker 3: It's like Rockstar was so precious about like, no, you're playing our game r away.
Speaker 1: You have to experience it our away.
Speaker 5: And that does happen from like the lack of open world stuff when you're on a mission or to like, you know, you don't have a lot of freedom to make Arthur you're Arthur. You know, it's pretty much like Arthur is Arthur, and if you play him weird, it's just gonna feel you know, not, it's not gonna feel right, you know. So just going into it now with the knowledge of my first time, I am definitely enjoying it. Like I am way way like there were things I appreciated about it the first time around, but I will say like now I am very excited. Like if I have a night where I don't have anything planned and it's like all right, I'm just gonna you know, have a drink and sit down and just sink into this world for four or five hours and just you know, ride my horse off in a direction and see what happens, and like, oh, the lady's horse fell on her and she needs help, and like instead of being asshole Arthur like I was the first time, like oh yeah, come on, I'll give you right home, and you don't have a whole talk with her and everything, and it's it is a peaceful at times. It's a cool game. It's it's a really cool game. I think I can definitely.
Speaker 4: See that like being a problem with the games that like I kind of approach it more like, yeah, I'm like this is a cowboy play and I'm playing the part of the cowboy, and yeah, it does really feel like there is one way to play Arthur that does make sense, because yeah, I definitely would have had a much worse time with the game if I was doing the more kind of evil cowboy thing there. It doesn't really tie in to the story as well. It's a lot of the side stuff doesn't really make as much sense with that kind of character archetype. So you know it, it's like you have those options there and you want to explore them, but does kind of feel like maybe you're doing something wrong if.
Speaker 3: You play it evil cowboy.
Speaker 1: Style, Dan, I forget, where did you land with Cyberpunk? I like it.
Speaker 5: I liked it at the beginning because I really wasn't having the technical issues that a lot of people were having. But and I came back to it with Phantom Liberty and I liked it more like a lot of the additions and stuff they did there, But I didn't beat it, So I'm not going to say I love it, but like I definitely didn't have a like, oh, I'm you know, this is repulsing to me, you know, like I like a lot of us did with Red Dead the first time.
Speaker 1: Right, maybe I'll try it out first person then oh yeah, that stuff definitely helps I think you I mean, I think it's it.
Speaker 2: Really is a matter of there's people on one side who are like I am happy to get myself over to what this game is. I like this character, or I like what they're going to do with this character, or I am interested in this character, so I want to play the way I think this character should play. And if you do that, I think this game is h I think it's why a lot of people and I'm saying no, this is a masterpiece because they wanted that experience if you want anything else, and this is for me. The big problem is just like everything in the world suggests more there's a possibility here, there's something you can do, and any time you try to engage with that, I was rebuffed. Now I still found times where it's like, yeah, this world is amazing, and some of the stuff where it did kind of where we got simpatico and we did match up me and the game and you know, the developers. It was like there were moments that were pretty amazing. Like I talked about getting on the train and stuff like that. It didn't end in any interesting way, but just the process of like catching up to this train and go on there and robbing everybody that stuff, that that thing worked. That was cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And the thing is it's just knowing when you can engage with the world where it's like if you're on a story mission and you and Dutch or riding your horses, just ride your horse, like turn on the cinematic camera, hold in a and just hear it out.
Speaker 1: Do the thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a scene basically.
Speaker 5: And then when it's open, like like I will just build in those times where it's like I'm just exploring here, and then some of the side stuff is super fun, like it's scripted stuff, but like the bounties, like one of them was like, Okay, here's this woman who's been married six times and never divorced. Meeting she's definitely been like killing her husband's and like luring these guys in, robbing them and killing them. And it's like, Okay, we last saw her by this river, and it's just really fun to like pull up on your horse, you okay, yep, I see her over there. She's like underneath an on it like a rock onning with a dude. And this dude looks like he's just like really like trying to do impress her and stuff and just walking up and being like all right, I'm gonna try to defuse the situation, just like don't have a gun out, just gonna try to talk to him and bring this lady in. And this dude who's like trying to like impress the girl like stays, oh what are you doing, sir, No, we'll get away from us, like, don't make me pull the gun out, and he's like he's approaching me and tired, I'm hitting the defuse button and the Earth's like, hey man, we don't need to get violent here. And the guy pulls out a gun. All right, motherfucker, just pull out a gun. Just blow his fucking head off. Last of the lady'd take her to jail. It's just like, didn't have to be this way. Like it's just those fun little like yeah, they're scripted to be a certain way, but they're still fun to play out and be like, let me see if we can handle this peacefully, you know. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think in the review period, my one of the things that did get to me was like people would talk about their emergent stories and everyone had the same exact emergent stories. I think, oh, this is all just part of the scripture, and you know, that's fine. I think it's there's nothing really wrong with that. It's just not what I want from that game. In some of the building, when they're spending all this money to make this amazing world, it's not what I want.
Speaker 5: But some of those emergent stories are like, you know, these scripted things like and everyone has the same one, but there are actual emergent stories that come out of it where it's just like I needed another dollar twelve or whatever to clear my bounty. And then it's like I just decided to like wander into town at night and be all right, let me see if I win some money in a poker game, or let me see, like or I go into a hotel and I'm like walking room to room searching drawers and stuff. Nope, there's a guy in here, and I'll just rob this one dude here real quick. And shit, they only had seventy cents. Alright, I'll go down and I'll play poker or whatever, you know, Like, uh.
Speaker 3: It's fun to play red I know it's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe I gotta take the Brad Shoemaker approach because the thing that stuck out to me when we chatted about it, Red Dead Redemption two for that game of the Year is that Brad kind of treated it like his outdoor sabbatical and spending a lot of time outdoors just camping and hunting. Yeah, maybe I got to do that. Well.
Speaker 5: That's the thing too, is like I was so mad the first time when it's like I just went in too, like I was playing it like I an old video game where it's like, oh, I hit this button to use my health thing, and Max Spain just eats the pills and his health is better. You know, it's like a hit l one to get health or whatever. That's not this game at all. So it's a lot of stuff where it's like, Okay, well, now's the time I'm gonna build a little fire here. You know, I'm gonna like, I got some venison, I got some meat. Now we're gonna cook some stuff here, Like I'll eat one for now and I'll store some for later. And I need this stuff, and like, it's much more deliberate. It is a very deliberate game, and I'm meeting it on those terms now, and it is much more rewarding that way.
Speaker 1: What is the state of Red Dead Redemption two online?
Speaker 3: I've never played it online.
Speaker 1: I remember I booted that. Yeah, maybe we should we should do that. I booted it up during lockdown to play with Vinie and Abbey. Then I got on my horse. Then Vinie immediately shot me in the head.
Speaker 2: Man, I think I remember that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it made me not want to play the game anymore.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, all right, I would encourage if you guys are like I picked it because there's not a lot right now coming out that I find we had kind of a break from travel and new releases and stuff, and it's like, you know what, I've been mean to do this for a while.
Speaker 3: Now's the time, and I'm I'm happy I'm doing it for sure.
Speaker 1: I'm proud of you, Dan, I'm proud that you are. You were, You're like Allegory of the Cave, your your Plato of the Cave. Of course, yes, exactly, you're emerging from the cave to tell us about the wonders of a red Dead redemption. They're just shadows.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, yes, But Jeff Grub, Dylan Plato.
Speaker 2: He's trying to do a segue, Dan, jesus man, I'm impressing you about thank you, thank you, thank you. Rank Yeah.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Jeff Grub is in a cave. Caves of cud.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, the exact opposite of Red Dead Redemption too. It really couldn't be the more more of the opposite. This is all systems. Uh So. I don't know how much people know about this game.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 2: You just kind of ASKI graphics. It simulates an entire world. When you started up, it's like, hey, we're going to simulate the history of everything that has ever happened up to this point. Uh, and then you were going to jump in at that at this point, and then you'll be able to interact with all that and all that stuff will be meaningful. And I am just kind of getting the hang of how this game works. It was a lot for me at the start. I don't know if it'd be a lot for most people, but for me, like there's so many different icons on the screen and information that it definitely was like, oh, this is a lot to process, and it's hard for me to be like, here, I'll just focus on what's important because everything in my mind is just a mush when it's like that. So kind of like went through the tutorial, was able to kind of get a few little tidbits, and I kind of liked that the tutorial was short and sweet and they're like listen, leveling and quest all this other stuff. We're gonna let you figure that out. I'm like, okay, cool, this is a good balance of give me some basic information about how to move my character around the world, how to interact with things. It's you know, you're moving like one space at a time, and every time you move, the state of the world changes. It's like that, but now I still have room to play around and figure out exactly how everything works. And I'm on my first quest and I think I am into it. It has this sense of like, oh, I could just go in any direction and discover things in any way I want, and that is of course very exciting to me. And it also feels like it's not necessarily like Dwarf Fortress, which is as a similar vibe. It's also an ASCI game, but that's like there is a hill to climb to get on the other side of like just learning how to operate that game. This one, it's like, no, you're just moving a little character around a world and they are going to go have conversations with people who are either going to give them quests or might have some items to buy. They'll have some fun stuff to say about the state of their village or whatever, and then you'll move on. And then when you have like relationships with those people, when you talk to them, you say, hey, let's do the water ritual. I have some water, I brought you water. Let's have this moment where I'm connecting with you immediately, It's like Okay, you've improved your status with this village, but because another village hates this village, they've heard the tale of what you've done here and now they hate you. So every action has a reaction and that is very enticing to me. So I can see why so many people are into this game. I'm playing on Steam Deck works really well with a controller, so I'm digging its vibes so far.
Speaker 1: We always talked about trying to get into Dwarf Fortress grub, but I am also interested about Caves of Cud. Maybe we should check it out on the site.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's let's do that, because I'm kind of, like I said, I'm getting the hang of it, and as I get more of the hang of it, might be like I might come in with some questions for the like, and maybe check can help out and help us figure some stuff out there. Apparently Dwarf Fortress is getting in adventure mode. That's pretty neat, so maybe similar to this.
Speaker 3: Okay, just looking at screenshots of this game is kind of intimidating, but I.
Speaker 2: Right see the appeal right exactly. And again, for me, the processing stuff of just trying to figure out what I need to be paying attention to here. It made me feel tired. It was like, oh my god, I need to go take a nap after looking at the screen for five minutes. But you get over that pretty quick because it's underneath it's still just an adventure video game. You're just having a little guy go into a world. It's basically you know, you know, there's a a couple of buckets filled and like one bucket is graphics, the other button is like interactive world ability, and in Skyrim it's pretty even, right, and then you like, what if you took away all the graphics, you could fill up that bucket where everything in the world is interactive and is something you can mess around with. Well, they just filled that bucket up. So yes, that sounds like my jam.
Speaker 1: All right, all right, yeah, I saw Caves have kind of made I believe Nikki's top ten list made ben Packs top ten games of last year as well.
Speaker 2: A lot of people were talking about at the end of the year, so I was excited to check it out.
Speaker 1: Speaking about buckets and a game check that we're checking out that may not necessarily be our jam or my jam. I've been checking out Airborne Empire, which is a city builder game, and I'm not normally the type to play any of those because the management part stresses me the fuck out. But this one is a city builder game, but instead of building a city, you were building a floating city, so you were building like an airship city. And it's pretty neat, it's very cozy, it's cute. This is just a bunch of birds birding around. And you initially start with your little town center, and from there you build out with these little pathways, and then you'll you'll build like you're building that gets uh that gathers resources. Another one that researches for future developments and improvements. But the fun thing is you one hundred have.
Speaker 8: To worry about the weight of your structure and tilt so and the tilt all factors in from the very center of your ship, your town center.
Speaker 1: So is.
Speaker 2: It just like a meter that's filling up or something like that. I guess maybe it's hard to see the difference.
Speaker 1: It's it's a little hard to tell the difference because I initially started building to the right of my uh town town center, and the game immediately told me, it's like, you're fucking up, dude. You're fucking up disassemble this now. And the interesting thing because you are in airship is your your settlement is not static. So if you need to go gather up more resources like trees, fish for food, or visit a small neighboring town to recruit more townsfolk, you can just go over there. And if there's like a bunch of trees or resources on one part of the hub world map and it's taking too long for the resources to get back to you, you can just go over there. Just go over there, hang out. It's interesting. Still very early on in the game, so my little hub city world is fairly small, but I've already run into Shananigan's and I kind of like a game like this kind of just mostly dumping me in because out of nowhere, I'd completely the first couple of quests. I'm like, okay, cool, you need some iron and some trees to help rebuild your city. That's chill. I'm just gonna go gather some iron here and research some stuff. And then the game just has a giant flashmar of like, hey, there's pirates coming.
Speaker 9: Wash out, you got pirates coming, And then I'm thinking, like, what the fuck there's combat in this game. I thought this was just cozy, and then they they attacked my my airship, and then one reason my people died and I'm like, I feel so sad, but then we can rebuild.
Speaker 1: We'll rebuild this ship. So now I'm curious about about these city builders y'all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, city builders are great, like some city for Super Nintendo.
Speaker 1: I feel like, all all these roads of wanting to build and farm, it's just telling me to go to Stardo eventually. Have you never done never done Stardo?
Speaker 2: That's why we should do multiplayer, because that's Stardo multiplayer thing happened. We should do that.
Speaker 5: I have never done Stardoo multiplayer, and you know how much I love Stardu.
Speaker 3: I yes, that'd be fantastic to do. Like we all have a farm together, we all have our roles and stuff.
Speaker 2: I would love that and it would be fun because I have I want to like go off on my own and do my little stuff, like I'll just make the beer guys. Just let me make the beer and everyone else handle everything. Okay, Well help me with the We'll be the beer guys, will be the beer guys brewery.
Speaker 3: And then we'll get rich and we'll exactly yeah, I'll be the taster in there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, delous I played the prequel to this game, Airborne Kingdom, which was Yeah. I'm kind of curious now what the differences are exactly between that and this, because just looking at this very similar, well, yes, empires are bigger than kingdoms usually, but it still looks like you have like the one city.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, yeah, yeah, yeah. Interesting looking at screenshots for Airborne Kingdom, Airborne Empire definitely seems more of a cozy game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Kingdom was definitely a bit more I don't know. Maggie, sure, sure, Maggie was pretty maggy.
Speaker 3: Stay away from l A on the fourteenth, it's going to be a bit maggy.
Speaker 1: Jesus, Sorry, sorry, I hope we're speaking about l A. I hope all of our friends in LA are doing as okay as they can. Mike Minatti, what is Sonic Galactic?
Speaker 4: Sonicalactic is a new fan made two D sonic game kind of similar to Sonic Mating in a lot of ways. It's like what if what if Sega made a two D sonic game for the Saturn?
Speaker 3: What would that have looked like? But you know, it's still.
Speaker 4: Pixel based in a lot of ways, but there's a lot of animation frames, there's some three D elements, especially in the bonus stages, and there's lots of parallax scrolling in other effects.
Speaker 3: But there's just a demo out right now with a few of the levels. There's five playable characters like Sonic, Tails and Knuckles sure, also Fang the sniper moving, a big character who's shown up before. And they also have an o c here some a mole kind of guy, but not Monty More I forget his name, but Sonic can look ridiculous sometimes this guy looks all right, doesn't doesn't seem too bad, but just as a fan game, really spiffy, like even the UI the start men use it all looks super professional.
Speaker 4: This was actually a product, at least by Sega. Nobody would bat an eye and I love Sonic Mania. But the neat thing here is that these are all original zones and they just they still feel great. They do that thing that so many did.
Speaker 3: I like, where like Zone two kind of is visually distinct from Zone one, even though it's at that same overall level. There's fun boss fights. It's just overall very impressive.
Speaker 4: They even give Sonic this neat move but you know a Sonic Mania, you can like hold down the jump once you do that spin dash immediately when you touch the ground. Well, now you could do that on walls, so you can kind of do like all running like vertical like spin dashing as Sonic and then jump off it for little extra movement stuff like I was playing as Fang and Fang basically has a double jump. When he does the double jump, he shoots his little blake pellet gun thing below him. So that's that was pretty nifty for boss fights and some other enemies, and of course for the movement. But yeah, if you love Sonic Mania and we're disappointed by Sonic Superstars not being that, I would check this out for sure. It's again, it's got that free demo right now, it's Sonic Galactic Mike.
Speaker 5: I tuned into to you playing that for a bit and I was immediately sold on the look.
Speaker 1: It looked awesome.
Speaker 5: At first, I was like, oh, is this like a GBA thing it's going for? But then Saturn made sense and then you got to the bonus zone and it's like, oh, this is monkey ball. If it was like Sonic on the Saturn doing monkey BLL and it's like, oh, that looks fantastic to me.
Speaker 4: So yeah, it seems like they killed it. Yeah, this was cool to Sega for like being okay with the games. They're so not Nintendo in that way, and I really respect that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I sec it's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 1: Well talking about Sonic Galactic, Jeff Grubb, you have been in the stars yourself with Star Wars Squadrons. G good at this.
Speaker 2: Yes, I've been in a weird place with the try and like startup games. I'm having a hard time focusing, so I'm like looking for something smaller. But I'm also like not in the mood for like to start out mouth Washing, because that seems like a game I should be reverent of when I started, Like I should have like some ability to pay attention to what's going on. So like when't I like just turn on the Steam deck and find some games. I installed it on a whim whatever and and maybe finish something else in the meantime. And so I went back to Star Wars Squadrons, which had turned out I had not gotten nearly as far and as I as I had remembered.
Speaker 1: And I you know, it's it's okay.
Speaker 2: It's only an okay game. I think the basic premise of here's how we're gonna make uh this interesting, this combat interesting, which would it would? Which was you're gonna have management over your energy distribution on the ships, So at any time, you can press the dpad to send more power to your weapons, to your to your shields, or to your engines, and then if you hit down on the dpad, you'll have even distribution across everything. Stuff we've seen before. They're like, oh, let's let's bring this in here and and and uh and and see if we can make this game work with that. And it's okay. But it's like, I think maybe the feedback is a little bit it's a little bit difficult to tell, like is this helping me at this in this moment? What is the difference in my ship? Sure, I feel faster when I put more energy in my engines, yeah, but other than that, like I don't really feel anything when I send it to the shields or even to the weapons. So it's you know that that basic premise already is a little bit fizzling out for me. And then it's just you know, dog fighting. It's just flying around shooting other ships down, and occasionally we will have a bigger ship come through, and you're still gonna have to take out the tie fighters first before you go on to take on the bigger ship so that you don't get shot down from the side, and while you're actually focusing on the bigger ships and the Star warsness of it is also maybe a little underwhelming. It's it's just kind of like paint by numbers. It felt, you know, it feels very much like what this game is. EA had the Star Wars license. They wanted to get one more game out, so like, hey, can we do this this, or we can maybe make a smaller project for a lot less Money'll take a lot less time. Let's do that one. And that's one hundred sent what this is. And it feels like it all that's I think, it's you know, it's fine. It's not a bad game. It's just fine.
Speaker 5: I justtically remember my first experience with that because I was so excited when you know, I heard about it's like, oh, hell yeah, new Rogue Squadron and I downloaded.
Speaker 3: It when it came out, I was like, here we go, Rogue Squadrons.
Speaker 5: Back, baby, And there's like, right, away like press this, do yeah, redirect your energy toward was like, what the fuck is this? And I played like ten minutes. I was like, this is not Rogue Squadron at all. I don't know even beyond that, it doesn't have the juice of Rogue Squadron. Rogue Squadrons like here is an awesome new planet you're gonna like be flying over, and then when we.
Speaker 2: Do take you to space, it's gonna be in a cool nebula. A lot of this is just empty space, and early on.
Speaker 5: SIM it didn't feel like like this. Four games were just like, hey, these are just finding shooters.
Speaker 3: I think it was maybe trying to take more from those classic X Wings.
Speaker 2: I think it's trying to straddle the line.
Speaker 1: It was just never play those.
Speaker 3: I never did either, and people are very reverent towards those.
Speaker 4: Basically I completely missed out on and I Jeff, I don't know if you ever played like X Wing versus Tie Fighter.
Speaker 2: Not not in the day, And I've only tried it a couple of times and have not been able to click with it. So yeah, I also come from Rogue Squadron. That is my Star Wars flight Arcadie kind of game, and this is this is definitely not It's like it's taking sim elements and applying to that, and I think again, it just kind of feels mushy in the middle.
Speaker 4: You know how this game does rule though. If you play this game, and I'm not usually a VR guy, but this game with VR it was like a flight stick, then this game has lots of juice all of a such, I see that.
Speaker 2: I think that's kind of what I ended up deciding on. Mike was like, oh, I have the oculus where I could just stream that from Steam over to the headset. I will get the flight stick I have out that actually like looks kind of like the flight stick they're using in this X Wing anyhow, So I'm going to try that and then if that really sticks with me, maybe I'll play some more of this game.
Speaker 1: Well, Greby, you were talking about riding the lines while Mike Manatti is driving through all the lines in parking garage Riley Circuit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, somehow, randomly on my stream, I just mentioned how much I like parking garages, Like, I like the vibe, I like the asthetic of parking.
Speaker 2: The shadows of it and go to their car.
Speaker 1: There's something to them.
Speaker 4: I don't know, I feel cozy and a parking garage.
Speaker 1: This massive concrete structure.
Speaker 2: You know, it's after a sports the pog Slammer.
Speaker 3: Everybody go back to.
Speaker 4: Their cars and you're really like, oh, yeah, we got them, or everyone's like, oh, I believe this ship.
Speaker 3: The camaraderie is good in the parking garage. Just for giving that Seinfeld episode.
Speaker 4: No no, no, they hated it. They got lost for a while. So this is a racing game set in parking garages. Uh, And it's kind of rally style. It's very drift heavy in the drifting here, it's more Mario Kart than say Sega Rally. Right, you just push the button, you start drifting, you get the sparks, you let go, you get the boost. Neat things here once again very heavy Sega Saturn aesthetic and specifically that to the point where it's like we're not doing transparencies, we're doing dithering effects for that kind of thing, right, right, So so that looks fantastic and you know, I'm just a sucker for that blocky like we just learned how to you know, add textures to three D models. Isn't that cool? Kind of vibe but there is something about racing in these parking garages, right, You have a lot of tight turns, so the drifting is very responsive to get you through those. And also the parking garage levels are all based on like actual semi famous parking garages, like there's the Seattle Airport parking garage, there's the Mall of America parking garage. Dan I got very excited for that. I was like, can't took me here. What's a good one, right.
Speaker 2: The parking garage?
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, like some sometimes you know the level, like go outside for a bit, like like in the Minnesota level, I mean level you were you know, in the snow.
Speaker 4: For well, there's even some evolution stuff like on the one level, a lightning hit the power supply, so then the lights were off so we had to use our headlights to see kind of thing. And then maybe the best thing about the game a SCA soundtrack. Okay, okay, oh okay, Incredible Crisis. Yeah, it is a good sound it's great. It's like each track does have a different song, and they're like there's two tracks where suddenly there are like lyrics too, and then like we're really going hard on this one and I'm just totally vibing out to that stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it felt really good to control.
Speaker 4: There were times where, you know, if you kind of like sequentially get your boosts, you start going like really fast, and sometimes it was like, Okay, now I'm out of control because again, these turns are really tight. And also there's ramps everywhere because it's a parking garage, and sometimes you just shoot off the ramp and out of the level and I'm like, well, what I have to go fast? Am I just boosting out the wrong time?
Speaker 1: Here?
Speaker 4: Might just be a skill issue on my But you know, as messing around with it for thirty minutes, seeing every.
Speaker 3: Track, racing through, I had a great time with this. It's very cheap. It's like ten books or something.
Speaker 2: This is the one when I was when I was in my Sega Rally moment last year where I was like really just kind of couldn't stop thinking about that game, and I was looking for a successor, and everyone kept giving suggestions, and then there was the Steam Next Best that had a bunch of them in there. This was one of them. Of all of the successors to that game, this is the one I thought was the most interesting because it wasn't trying to be exactly Sega Rally, and all the ones that were weren't as good as Sega Rally. But the real thing for this one was, Hey, maybe I would play this one, but I would kind of need my friends to be playing setting times that I could compete against.
Speaker 1: Mike.
Speaker 2: If I go in there start setting some times, would you like trying to beat mine or or do you not know?
Speaker 4: I think that'd be fun the whole way. The game works as very like ghost Base, because again, these courses are pretty tight, so you can't actually have like multiple real cars with physics and collision. Then see when you're doing the racist by yourself, you see like a gold ghosts, and that's like the time you have to beat to get first. There's a silver ghost, there's a brown goat, Brown's ghost, Browns bronze ghosts, Brown's ghosts. I'm just thinking about my terrible football team. But it also like makes what you do once you have your ghost there too, right, and that there are leaderboards just built in right away, So I think that'd be a lot of fun.
Speaker 5: Speaking of the leaderboards thing, I feel like I neglected to mention on this podcast that Grubb did confidently say at the end of twenty twenty four, the person who is at the top of the leaderboards on Astrobot.
Speaker 2: I think, I said the end of twenty twenty five.
Speaker 5: Now at some blue sky, I've seen the post. I beat you, I beat Manati, I beat Jesse Vittelli, I beat Kayla, I beat everyone. I destroyed every one of the Astrobot's feed run thing, and I also won Fantasy Critic. But uh, yeah, I just we just want to make sure it said on the Giant BombCast that I did officially yeah for real. When the astrobot later word, yeah, it.
Speaker 4: Was definitely because of persistence, because think everyone else kind of got busy and little like to be able to keep playing the speed like I just didn't play the last couple of ones. But sure, Dan, you did it.
Speaker 1: Thank you man.
Speaker 2: You did win, and I did so and I didn't. So I still intend to go back and do something about this, but you're right, it won't count at that point.
Speaker 5: And as we decided, now both of you have to play Drake in the ninety nine Dragons.
Speaker 2: That keep like that's gonna work.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, won something. I didn't win anything for Fantasy critic either want admiration.
Speaker 2: Should we should have something for the winner this time? We'll do the fantasy retroactive then moments now? Should we.
Speaker 1: Should we give Dan first pick? Then? Is that advantageous or should be the Is that advantageous? I don't know, Well maybe mathem.
Speaker 2: Mathematically and like traditional fantasy sports, it doesn't matter because you do the snake draft, but for this it seems like it might. I would say, if you won, you would go last, though, but uh uh yeah, I don't know. Since he didn't get since he didn't get a prize, maybe that does make sense.
Speaker 4: Just give him something else. Because I want to win fantasy. I don't want to give him another advantage at that. I'd rather just give him money than I would like the money.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, okay, folks, I've been spending way too much time with Marvel Rivals. I oh my god, it's We're not even gonna have an extended segment about it, but it has taken over my life in such a terrible way where I feel the toxicity coming out of my veins because I've become the toxic gamer. And this is why I never got into Valorant. This is why I got out of league because I know the type of person I would become. That being said suet Storm great support character. Read Richard's great character. Just pretend he's a tank. I need. I need a cozy game to to cozy up to. And Dan, I think you might just put this back on my radar. I love this game and the microwavable pizza with the same name as well.
Speaker 5: Celest Yes, yeah, it's just another one that like I've kind of always meant to go back to and now that things are a bit quieter.
Speaker 2: Oh so you haven't played Celest like for real, for real before.
Speaker 5: I started it back in the day, And I don't. I didn't have like a real reason I quit it. I didn't hate it or anything. I just didn't keep going. And then, like I feel like the tone around that game, like people keep talking about being one of the best platformers ever.
Speaker 1: I saw you.
Speaker 5: When I was putting together like top one hundred lists the last twenty five years, people are like, oh, so less has got to be on there. So yeah, I've had numerous times over the year's been like I should go back to that, went back to it.
Speaker 3: It's a very good platformer. It's very very good.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 5: It's one that is the right amount of challenging where it reminds me of some of those like really hard like Prince of Persia, the Crown Thing platformer, the really hard like optional platform things yep, and you know, really having to look at a screen and be like, all right, I've got one dash and then once I get over there, I'll recharge the dash, but then that's coming over here, like you have to think it through, and it's a screen by screen challenge with very generous checkpointings, so it's like you're never going back further just like where you were earlier in that screen, so you're gonna die hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of times. But I never felt too annoyed by it, and it's like I get back on the horse. There, great seam deck game. Obviously, music's fantastic. H Yeah, it's it's also one that like I can't even imagine going for one hundred percent completion, which I usually do, like you know, every Mario, I get all the green coins or bonus stars or whatever. This one, it's like I started being like I'm gonna get all these strawberries and then it's just like you get later on some of these rooms are like this is hard enough. I am not fucking dashing through nine sets of spikes and then you know, then I have to do the level after that, Like so uh yeah, it's it's very very challenging.
Speaker 1: Uh it's fantastical and.
Speaker 4: You want to like just play through the game because it does ramp up in a very neat way. Like, yeah, there's there's a lot there that you want to just see. The optional stuff is fun. There's all those B side and C side extra hard chancels. It's fun to try maybe a couple of those. I wouldn't expect you to do all of them, but it's neat to see just how crazy difficult can't get.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and there's like a whole like you know, old version of the game on the like this fake console, the Peak.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: So it's got all those challenges and stuff.
Speaker 5: Thematically, I think I thought it was just going to be all like, okay, snowy mountain challenges, but it's like, oh, now I'm in this hotel and I have to clear this clutter through platforming, and it's it's stayed interesting throughout. So there's one party that will relate to you pretty well. I don't know if you've got there yet, you know I'm talking about but yeah, you know there's interesting stuff going on the game. It's just fantastic poop.
Speaker 1: That's what.
Speaker 2: Really good long poops.
Speaker 1: Okaya, No, it's a it's it's a good game, like all those after all those strawberries. You know you're so regular?
Speaker 5: Yes, what am I going to do once I'm done with Celeste and Red Dead two and I've had the Desk tranding turn all these you know, what?
Speaker 3: Do I to play j RPG's or something.
Speaker 2: Got to apologize all the things you said about Links Awakening.
Speaker 3: And I played that several times.
Speaker 1: It's not greats.
Speaker 2: I need to watch you play Merror's Edge because I'm still so confused how you don't like mers Edge.
Speaker 3: It feels bad. It's the best feeling game ever.
Speaker 5: Okay, wait, we've talked about doing something possibly this week that would involve a competition. Can we have it so the winners get to pick a game that the loser has to The winner gets to pick the two losers games that they have to play to completion, not necessarily on stream.
Speaker 1: This it's just this feels like you're getting out of Blake Club.
Speaker 3: Trying to figure out it doesn't impact Blake Club at all.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, as song as there is no uh, you cannot say Drake in the ninety nine Nights even if it is off.
Speaker 1: No no, no, no no no.
Speaker 5: And and and for the record, it's not a play a bad game thing. It's play this game that you have not played that I think you would like.
Speaker 2: Is this not not to say that Higher Hustle wasn't a legitimate competition, But what are the rules in this thing that we're planning? Okay, we talk about Dan, talk about talk about it.
Speaker 1: Are we committing to it on Friday?
Speaker 2: We're committing.
Speaker 1: Let's come to it on Friday. It's Dan, Please.
Speaker 5: It's a Bowser's Hurry, which I believe is going to be.
Speaker 3: Is it me grebing Minatti competing?
Speaker 1: I think Sean might have had interest a long time ago.
Speaker 5: Okay, So yeah, three or four of us at the same time booting up Bowser's Fury, which I have not played since like the week came out.
Speaker 3: I beat it all in like two sittings. How about you guys?
Speaker 2: My kids have played it like two years ago, and I haven't touched it since Mike, Yeah, no, not since it came out and I reviewed it and I said, how many catchings were Intendo got? Mad?
Speaker 3: Well, there's one hundred, and I think we should have to.
Speaker 1: It's a race to.
Speaker 3: Get a hundred cat shines and one sitting between.
Speaker 1: Three or four of us.
Speaker 3: The race isn't to beat the game is to one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: I think it's what takes a lot longer.
Speaker 5: I think it was like five years to get five years five hours to get all of them.
Speaker 1: I think I think it's impitious.
Speaker 2: I think you just want to beat the game, right because you can. Yeah, we beat it in like three to five hours.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, Nick, you're saying five hours, Yeah, it's like five I remember.
Speaker 3: Doing it in two settings and it was like five hours to get all. Okay sure, And for the fucking record, right now, nobody will call me cheating here, bowser ambo valid, So get yourself a bowser ambo.
Speaker 1: No, what are you talking about? What are you talking about it?
Speaker 3: You know you don't have the right you know, the accessories.
Speaker 1: What one?
Speaker 3: What does it do?
Speaker 1: It? Wouldn't it just be easier to say it's not valid? Yes, so it's easy for me, Yes, it's not valid.
Speaker 5: The one thing that's annoying about that game is the fury bowser that pops up and fox everything up.
Speaker 1: This just makes me go back to be a fucking gamer.
Speaker 3: Go to a target and buy a fucking bowser mebo.
Speaker 2: They're not at target, they don't have that.
Speaker 5: You've got to get it from Amazon. Any bowser ambo will make fury bowsers show. How about this, how about we do a vote. Are the bowser ambos allowed? No Amazon Bowser Ambo.
Speaker 3: Even if you say it to me, I still don't think we should do it.
Speaker 2: That's the game. That's literally one of the hallmark mechanics of the game is Bowser gets mad and starts attacking you something. So wait some there's there's multiple cat shines you can only get while he's doing that.
Speaker 1: He goes away. It makes what happens when you use the ambo. It makes him go away. If he's just being just.
Speaker 2: Play the game.
Speaker 3: You can make him go away. You just get a cat shine. He goes away.
Speaker 5: All right, Fine, I was debating whether I should be a little stinker and just pull it out, and you know, like.
Speaker 2: Not doing that that would have sucked.
Speaker 3: So to be clear, we're beating the game. In three hours.
Speaker 4: We're not spending six hours of play the one hundred at the ends, like I don't know where my last one is.
Speaker 3: I got to go look at a guy beat Just beat the game.
Speaker 4: It's more fun if everyone figures out their own routs to figure out how to get the catchins that they need to get literally every cat shine.
Speaker 1: I thought we were in all of them. What do you think or not? You're not wrong.
Speaker 2: I think that, uh, it could be kind of a pain because yeah, we're like, we're gonna it's gonna turn into us like a hunt for the last three and that's gonna like lose a lot of momentum. I think.
Speaker 1: Sure.
Speaker 4: Also, I can't do something for six hours straight on the site thory my normal job.
Speaker 5: It's gonna be like, uh, when I wanted to do every Mario Kart race in one sitting and then you talk and you guys talked me down to just the Mario Kart eight ones and it still took like seven hours.
Speaker 1: Yes, and then we did a podcast in the middle of it.
Speaker 5: That's right, Yeah, okay, maybe just you know what, I've come to an idea, why don't we just beat the game?
Speaker 3: We don't do one hundred percent a good idea and is not allowed.
Speaker 2: And come on, all right, these creative directors spoke, thank you, thank you, thank you for understanding.
Speaker 1: I don't, yeah, you know, I I think I remember not. I asked Bailey if she wanted to participate in not fully telling her the picture, and then suddenly she had to hang out with.
Speaker 2: Us for six hours.
Speaker 5: So long, good time, great time, great And I was like, like dying in pain, like pre surgery at the time too, So this is our rough day.
Speaker 1: I was playing Mario Kurt.
Speaker 2: But but you did look like you had been through it.
Speaker 1: It was hurting.
Speaker 3: By the m Mario Kart is pretty mid I get it.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, do you think that is that? Is that a Mike Naughty opinion? It's just not very good at it.
Speaker 4: I think I think that there's no there's no Mario Kurt that's like more than an eight out of ten is all it is.
Speaker 5: I would say there's none that are less than a nine, except for super circuit.
Speaker 3: Less than a nine.
Speaker 1: Yea super circuit, it's like an eight. The rest are nine or above nine are above.
Speaker 4: I think I just, yeah, I definitely think that Mario Kart is in general a bit overrated.
Speaker 5: Yes, wow, wait now NICKI in the chat saying double dash fucking blows.
Speaker 3: That's that's second best one. Yeah, that's the second best one. That one's like a seven point five. It's one of the best ones. Oh, that's a that's a nine point seven five, brother, nine point seven five.
Speaker 1: All right, folks, we're gonna go to term in actual game scores during a quick bricky break, and then Jeff Greb will be back with the switch to right after this. Would it be incredibly wasteful too, because I enjoy the taste of coffee coming out of paper cups. To replace all of my mugs with just paper cups is whistle, Yeah, okay, all right, well that's yeah.
Speaker 2: But the amount of waste produced is so minuscule compared to like what happens on industrial scale that don't feel bad.
Speaker 1: What if I just open up my own coffee cart and then I write off the paper.
Speaker 2: Cups, Well, then that's just smart business.
Speaker 1: That's smart. Use paper cups. Just sorry, I don't know why it keeps it keeps going. It's supposed to stop.
Speaker 3: It's okay, this is a good segue. Just wash your paper cups.
Speaker 1: Use those over and over again.
Speaker 2: Well, they're meant to their cups, they're meant to get wet.
Speaker 1: Well, then you dry them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, put them in the air dryer for a bit.
Speaker 1: Air fryer.
Speaker 4: The lave just for a little bit, the dry up, and then you could put the coffee.
Speaker 2: Right. Stop interrupting Gaming Leagues Leaker of the Year, Thank you, everybody. Take that.
Speaker 3: Jason Shryer, delicious say something. I'm very proud of you.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I I did not even know that was happening. It was and people kept like, like, what are you talking about? And then I found it. And of course number two Jason Trier eat shit, Jason, there you go. Pretty embarrassing. Shit, pretty embarrassing for Jason Shryer. Right, yeah, okay, cool, thanks. I guess switch to this week huh podcast The hate claims that Nintendo switched to will be revealed this Thursday, January sixteenth. Uh, this is everywhere. Now. As soon as he said this, everyone who had been sitting on this stuff, which was everybody, immediately came out and corroborated this. I've heard this a couple of times as well. I've heard from people who have heard this and were like, I think this is happening. Yeah, sounds like this is very likely to be the case. The showing this week will be a focus on hardware guys. So it's going to be maybe kind of like that first Switch video where there's a possibility that there's a game that a man is playing on a TV or something like that, or that the lady takes to the rooftop party, but we are not going to get a lot of details about any games, and there's a possibility we won't get any games at all. But at least it's a start, right, this is this is going to kick it off, and then they just can't they have to keep talking about Switch to after that, right because.
Speaker 5: I feel like it was the initial Switch hardware reveal, the rooftop party one where there were like two point five seconds of someone playing Mario Wattasie, and I think I remember like frame by framing it and just being like, oh fuck, he's throwing his hat, what's going on with that?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 3: So we might get some little teases as I would imagine.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a little it's a little weirder this time, just because you know, with the Switch one, just showing the hardware itself was so exciting, right sure, the here like one, it is just you know, going to be switch again anyways. And two the things that are different, like the magnetic joy cons we've known about for like a month or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so Primate, it's like, oh.
Speaker 4: Please just also show me the new Mario game, right because they're not going to probably get into too many details like pricing or release date maybe even they certainly aren't going to give us specs right away, but yeah, you and still it'll be just a happy relief to finally see them talk about this thing officially and show it off.
Speaker 5: In terms of like release date. Remind me because I remember a while ago they said, like, oh, fiscal year one or whatever, by the end of March or April whatever was it, that they are going to announce it, or they're going to just announce it. Okay, so it could technically still be like holiday this year.
Speaker 2: Well, so the rumors now are and then these are starting to feel a lot more likely at this point is that they on Wednesday they say, Hey, tune in tomorrow, we're gonna have a reveal of the switch To. On Thursday, there's the reveal of switch To. Then in February we get the big blowout with all of the actual games at that point, and then the system is out in April, so we won't we won't be waiting to the holidays. And really the way that this is shaping up that this this playbook that they're going by based on what we know so far, which isn't everything and things could change. Nintendo doesn't always do things like oh we did it that way before, we're gonna do it that way again. But if we do assume some more commonality there, it does feel like they are leading up to a release sooner rather than later, because announcing it now and they'd be like, I guess, you know, buy it this holiday. I don't think they would actually go that route, So April sounds really plausible.
Speaker 3: At playing New Mario this April, that wow, and.
Speaker 2: Again conversation an internal delay that this thing was probably supposed to be out late last year, so they probably weren't thinking like a year long delay when they did that, and it seems like that's the case.
Speaker 1: You Know, what I'm curious about is still like that network test for that uh.
Speaker 2: Game that that leaked a little bit, There was more footage of that, and again I played that thing. I think it's soon or interesting. Uh maybe it's like listen, there's a lot going on in there that that is not just some like test that they're going to just throw out and forget about. It had like a eighty tracks soundtrack in the game, like they have. They've done a lot of work on it. Uh so that probably does like launch alongside Switch to You or something.
Speaker 1: That's what I can.
Speaker 5: See that eight fucking years since the mainline Mario game. That's insane.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what is time man Bowser's Fury? Do I think that's a mainline Mario game. I think it's a.
Speaker 3: Taste of what the next mainline Mario game should be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's It definitely was the next mainline Mario game that they were making, and then they sort of abandoned it. Like they must have had like bigger ideas even than that, And that's really crept.
Speaker 3: For the next mainline Mario post odyssey.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, trying trying to think there's other things to mentioned here before we get to some like other related stories. Uh yeah, just that like when people are talking about this, like Kit and Christa, they're like, yeah, Nintendo sees all the weeks they have their plan and they are going to stick to it no matter what. And that seems to be what a lot of people are saying, is well that, yeah, Nintendo saw that stuff happening. Sure they were aware of it, and maybe even they went up and talked to Ginky, one of the companies primarily responsible for leaking all of that stuff, But that was not going to force them to, you know, change their hand and be like, Okay, I guess we're gonna announce this thing now. They know that most people are are you know, the vast majority of the audience they're going to sell this thing to are not paying attention to those leagues.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I almost do hope that they have a rooftop party in the new ad.
Speaker 1: Come on, it's what if it's a basement party?
Speaker 2: What if they bring it all the way down like Submarine Parking Karage party?
Speaker 1: Yeah, stever the Moon.
Speaker 5: What if the big first party game is Steel Diver? Oh shit, I always forget that too. Yeah, Steel Diver three, but it's like Drive three or it's Steel the Diver.
Speaker 3: Hell yeah, good.
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 2: Assassin's Creek Games and middle Gear Solid Delta could release on switch to uh, switch to? Is is you know, rememored to get revealed. You saw this reportly developing more than half a dozen games for the Switch to not surprising. They always support new hardware right away, so Assassin's Creed uh shadows. Sure, but there's probably gonna be like Assassin's Creed Mirage ready, like where you go right at.
Speaker 5: Any hardware going back forever, Like the fucking we balance board. They're like, we're doing ray Man Raving Rabbits TV party and you can use the balance board.
Speaker 2: I mean the VR, all the VR headsets they had stuff for that, all.
Speaker 3: In on the we Arkham City Armored edition.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's to the point where like there was that VR.
Speaker 1: About you made Zombie You. Yes, I was thinking about Zombie You. Yes, uh yeah.
Speaker 2: It's weird to the point where they had that VR like Werewolf game that they made that then became a movie and it's apparently the highest rated video or highest rated movie based on a video game property and no one has ever played this video game before. So weird anyway. Middle Gear Solid Delta also probably coming out in twenty twenty five and maybe gonna line up for an relatively early launch window release for the Switch too, And maybe that's one of the reasons we haven't heard the release date for it, Like I think Konami, still being a Japanese focused company in a lot of ways, is like, no, we got to be on Nintendo's hardware. That's where games are sold, and we'll get to a story later on that does confirm the like in Japan, games basically only sell on the Switch, so that might be a part of it of them being like, hey, let's just wait till the Switch too is ready and then we'll just launch it on everything at that point because we know it will be able to run on there.
Speaker 1: So that sounds right to me.
Speaker 2: I think a lot of companies are going to be lining up to support the switch to, even like Ubisoft obviously, but even some that were hesitant about Switch one will be there for Switch two's launch right right.
Speaker 3: And you'll be interest to see a companies like Capcom that had to like make a Switch version of a game like a Monster Hunter Rise instead of just pointing Munster Hunter World, are we just going to get Monster Hunter Wilds like on the switch to relatively early? We're going to see a lot of these Resident Evil games supported over there.
Speaker 4: I mean that that is like just immediately going to give this the switch to a somewhat exciting early library, Like, hey, this game is now on switch too, and it runs really well. You don't have to get some shitty cloud version or something.
Speaker 2: Yep, that's right, all right? If I were to say that at that Xbox Developer Direct next week that they were going to have a mystery new game and now it's reportedly going to be a new entry and a legendary Japanese ip that that goes back decades, what are your guys guesses?
Speaker 1: Personal?
Speaker 2: Okay, right, Cieve, I think that's a good guess. What about like a Dragon Quest? Was it twelve twelve?
Speaker 1: Twelve?
Speaker 3: Yes, twelve is the next one. They've announced that and haven't said anything for a while.
Speaker 2: They announced it. It's like, and the mystery game is supposed to be something that's brand new, So maybe maybe that's not it.
Speaker 1: What if it's Persona? Xbox is green, Seawn is obsessed with that green bucket of paint.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but maybe Persona.
Speaker 4: The guys they released two games last year, right, those two different teams now, so I don't know if they're quite right. I don't know they got one the Chamber right now?
Speaker 1: It would cloud. It's I think Persona is too niche if they're building Yeah, sure, Yeah, there's five sold two hundred thousand.
Speaker 2: There's two franchises that like come to mind for me, and it's that new rumored Casylvania from Konami, and the other one is Ninja Guidan because Xbox has a whole long history with Ninja Guidance.
Speaker 3: I would love a Ninja Guiden, and.
Speaker 2: I think both of those are are are possible, and I think I would I would prefer to see what Caslvania is, what's going on with Caslvania, but Ninja Guiden would be awesome as well. But yeah, I don't know any other guesses here because I don't really know. I think, you know, I mentioned Oblivion maybe being the remake of Oblivion, being that when they said it's a brand new game, that's probably not the mystery game that they're referencing, although I still think there's a chance we get information about Oblivion at this U.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'd love to see Oblivion.
Speaker 4: Hey, Dan, how would you feel if I said percent of five so more copies of Malgar solid five?
Speaker 1: There's just no way, Well, there's this a way.
Speaker 3: It's It's true well, eat my.
Speaker 5: Every game I've ember talked to you knows middle of your solid The only people that play Persona host podcasts?
Speaker 1: That all right, but that's true.
Speaker 2: I actually I don't know if he's wrong about that one. Guys, there's a lot of podcasts out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you think Joe Rogan has played Persona?
Speaker 5: No, you bought a PS five for college football?
Speaker 1: I'm sure. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I still felt good about my Resident Evil. But capcong has done so much stuff with Xbox lately and game Pass and all that stuff. I mean, maybe it's maybe it's too hopeful, right because that's such a big, big deal Resident Evil.
Speaker 2: Yep, they could love to see that.
Speaker 1: They could do that themselves, right, Capcom, because just they don't need Box for that, that's right.
Speaker 2: Say with Persona, I think I said, like both both those are in the same bucket of like they have their audience and they know how to talk to them. But that doesn't mean it's impossible. Ninja guid In though that's that could use it to develop it.
Speaker 4: Did say the words Mega Man for a little bit there at one point. I don't know if I'm really gonna get my hopes up for that, but that'd be cool.
Speaker 1: I was joking, but that would be cool.
Speaker 2: Elder scrolls of four Oblivion remake gameplay updates have reportedly leaked. This is being developed by Virtuos. It has been rumored for some time. Apparently they're going to be reworking a lot of the gameplay features as well, including a reworked stamina, sneaking, blocking, archery, hit reaction, and HUD system excuse me, HUD systems, to the point where it's like it's going to feel very different and maybe improved. Because Oblivion that's an old game, now, that's I mean, god, we're almost twenty years old for that. Yeah, so eighteen years nineteen years old, Jesus. So yeah, I think that them going in there and remaking some of that stuff is interesting. But I think it also speaks to earlier rumors where that this was going to be a visual remake on top of the systems from the original game. Now, if they're adjusting the systems the original game, that maybe suggest they're remaking the entire thing in Unreal Engine five. So this could be more of a remake than or initially suggested. That's pretty cool. I like Oblivion a lot, so I'm very excited about that.
Speaker 5: Oblivia still feels like a new game to me, like a newer games.
Speaker 2: You know what. It's like one elder scrolls will go right, So yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like I wouldn't consider like in my head it's not like a retro game. But when you say almost like twenty years like.
Speaker 2: Definitely a retro game, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well it's like, yeah, it's like, how do we define retro game? It depends anymore, right, because my mind is like some separation between pre Xbox three sixty in post x right, that line is.
Speaker 2: Getting blurrier every day, and eventually Xbox through sixty is going to have to cross that rubicon, and it's it feels like it's closer than.
Speaker 5: That's my cutoff for collecting retro It is like three sixty is the most recent console that I collect, Okay, and also everyone just kind of turned to downloads after that anyway, So sure, I can't wait.
Speaker 3: To play abliviting game.
Speaker 4: That game rules, and it also has a credible expansion with Shivering Aisles. Patrick Stewart's in it, Hit bor Mir is in it really great question chains there right with like the Dark Brotherhood and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: So Patrick Stewart alive. Yes, yes, he's just four.
Speaker 2: Wow, he's still going really Yeah, it's good clean living. Okay, Mike, get out the goggles, get out the science jackets, get out our water tank.
Speaker 1: It's time to put some noises underwater.
Speaker 2: Because Sega has trademarks Echo the Dolphin.
Speaker 3: H I can go, Let's fucking go.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The the trademarks were made public on January fourteenth, so today uh and Sega's intentions for the IP are unclear, but this seems in line with their recent initiative of taking classic properties and making new games based on them. They have a lot of those. It's not just like we're going to dabble in this. This is a major thing that they're doing, where they have five or six that they've announced already, and then there's like another five or six they were working on that they haven't announced, and maybe they're already queuing up something like Echo the Dolphin to follow up those. I yeah, I want to see this.
Speaker 4: I like Echo the Dolphin, Echo the Dolphin and rules, and you know, there's definitely things about that game that then and now are a brace of the level design, the puzzles, it's all pretty tough but the things Echo did right with this atmosphere and mood are still really incredible, especially back then, like right in nineteen ninety or nineteen ninety one, all these games. Everything was like a cute sel like you know, mascot platformer or you know, it looked like an eighties fantasy novel. Right, everything was very stylized or cartoony.
Speaker 3: Here's the game.
Speaker 2: He just play as a dolphin and it just shooks like yeah, dolphin, and there was like mysticism minute but played within that realism, like the Great White Whales like this sage.
Speaker 3: Right, there's aliens.
Speaker 4: Involved and they look fucked up, but also realistic in a weird way. So yeah, doing some kind of modern Echo the Dolphin game that smooths out some of those harder edges gameplay wise, and you may just kind of make it a big Metroivina sort of thing.
Speaker 3: Oh that would be amazing, So excit for that.
Speaker 1: If I were to check out, which one should I go for?
Speaker 2: Just I mean, just play Echo one and vibe out for a bit, I think is what you should do. Or the dream games or Dreamcast one. Good water, it's a good game.
Speaker 1: It's good.
Speaker 3: That Dreamcast game always like it.
Speaker 4: Weirds me up because that's a game that got great reviews at the time.
Speaker 3: Everyone really liked it. No one talks about Echo Defender of the Future.
Speaker 4: What about Echo Junior? I like to a junior because I was a kid, like fucked that Echo Junior. H Oh, the bonus stages in the second one, the tides of time are really neat where you're kind of like going through the rings.
Speaker 1: Right, it's kind of like Superman sixty four but in water. I like Echo to Dolphins great.
Speaker 4: A Superman sixty four ring bassed shirt Dan recently on Yetti or something.
Speaker 3: Oh no, that sorry, Jeff, No.
Speaker 2: It's okay, we should we should get that for you. I think as much as like Echo, it's still my second favorite dolphin based game. I think I like Dolphin Olympics more than that the Flash game.
Speaker 5: No, I was we're talking to fish games. I was a James Pond guy. Sure, not a seaman guy, A big seaman guy.
Speaker 1: What are you talking about?
Speaker 3: I'm I raised the seaman like two years ago.
Speaker 4: I guess we did a whole live podcast where we talked about the Mount Rosemore video game Fish.
Speaker 3: We did it include that guy?
Speaker 2: I loveman Seaman was included on that, right, that was.
Speaker 3: It was the George Washington. Yeah on there, don't worry. Yeah, sure, all right, give me echo. I'm so excited.
Speaker 2: Sony has a patent to fix the latency issues and games by predicting player inputs in advance. Uh so, apparently there's multiple ways they might do this. One is just point a camera at your controller and watch what you're about to press and predict it as you're pressing it. And the other one's like incomplete inputs. So shut the.
Speaker 1: Fuck up and go outside.
Speaker 2: So now you know who you know who last did this and why they think it could work.
Speaker 1: Google Stadia was gonna do this, God damn it.
Speaker 2: So you know, just before I was like this, this sounds familiar. Yep. So yeah, that's just not a one what I want.
Speaker 1: We're gonna ban an app, but we're we're completely fine with Sony pointing a camera at my ear holes and my hands.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, of your hands and your ear holes now. Uh yeah, negative latency, thank you, Lexi. That's what Google Stadius said. It was gonna be reverse latency.
Speaker 4: So just it's just we're just so close to we have like programs where it's like any I is gonna play the game for you, and there are going to be some chuds who are gonna get like real excited about that.
Speaker 2: Where Jango, I'm camera broke.
Speaker 3: Okay, there here, here, here, I am you are so scared.
Speaker 2: There are things you can do that are similar to this, where it's like in a retro arch where it has that run ahead latency.
Speaker 3: Minus two stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like it's running two frames ahead while you're playing, so that when you press two frames behind, so when you press the button, it jumps back two frames and has that when you press the button, so it feels instantaneous and it works crazy. It works so well, it's crazy. I think it's like maybe the best way to play punch Out for example. It's it's nuts. So there's stuff they could do, but that's like requires you to be able to render two frames and jump back instantaneously, and that's going to be hard to do with modern games, which is why it's not really an option. All right, Hatsuni miiku is h and local multiplayer come into Fortnite.
Speaker 1: Local multiplayer what yeah, let's see here.
Speaker 2: The season seven also introduces local multiplayer, crying all players to have an epic account and platform accounts. I think it's just going to be like locally you can all hop on at the same time, like private, like like well, I don't know, like it's weird. Yeah. In festival, this is Fortnite Festival season seven. Yes, Fortnite Festival is a free to play rhythm action mode with a ro selection of music. Okay, that makes sense. So yeah, so I'm sorry that it will be local multiplayer for this thing. That could be like a party game, right, So that makes sense.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: A speed Runner played Crazy Taxi with a live band to avoid copyright issues. Did you guys see this?
Speaker 1: So cool?
Speaker 2: It was awesome. I really wish I was there for that.
Speaker 5: That was So if it's a cover you like, it won't obviously won't trip like a d MC a thing necessarily or.
Speaker 2: The cook covers are you know, have their own rules and stuff like that. And if you, uh, if you were to produce a live cover, I think that you are mostly fine. If you try to sell a cover as a recording, there is there's a set amount you have to pay the original artist and that is like handled not by them. It goes to like the art the recording industry and then they send that money to the artists. So yeah, there's a lot more protections for covers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's why we did the cover for that Sarah McLachlan song exactly. Yeah.
Speaker 5: And the cover actually it clips that one on Spotify, so we kind of are seen as like the main one now, yeah.
Speaker 2: It's the one everyone remembers. Yeah, yeah, all right a couple more years.
Speaker 4: Oh wait, uh, just you know about about the games un quick, I mean we were there, Jeff, and we had a great time with that. We went on Thursday, we got to see all that Tears of the Kingdom run, which was super fun. Just I don't know, I'm just so impressible with everything that they do there. I was laughing because you had Emma on uh Game Mess Mornings yesterday and she was telling a story about Spike Vegeta randomly teaching her how to speed run a Sonic game and it was like the second year in a row where I've been too shy to even say hi to Spike Vegeta.
Speaker 3: I putting them up on some kind of pedestal.
Speaker 1: Like a speed runner.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, it's like host.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, he's like one of the hosts of awesome games done quick that everyone knows by name.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I what a cool name.
Speaker 4: I struggled so much with this, with the whole like song copyright thing in these dmcas, because it's like, yeah, these people made songs and they deserve to be paid for their art. But I hate that it's somehow my problem when I want to go extream Tonyak's pro skater, right, yep, sure, yep.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, it feels like this stuff should have been figured out beyond that. Yeah, Mike's right. Though. It was awesome. It was a really good time. It was cool to just see such good, good vibes, good energy. I love games done quick. Nintendo has dominated PlayStation in Japan for twenty straight years. It's a bunch of headlines today because once again the top selling games in Japan for last year came out and there were only two games that were not on Switch, and they were Final Fantasy seven Rebirth and Dragon Quest three HD two D remake the PS five version for that. So yeah, and that's how it's been for twenty years straight. There was only one year where Nintendo console wasn't the best selling console in Japan. The Switch is now the number one best selling console ever in Japan at like thirty six thirty five million in total sales, you know, and in that twenty years, the we You happened and even that didn't slow down Nintendo in Japan. So yeah, imagine what it's like now with the switch, which is this goes back and speaks to what we were talking about earlier. A lot of Japanese publishers are going to be their day one for the switch to They will want to be seen as supporting that console and selling games on it. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I just randomly remember we were doing a Game of the Year, must have been twenty fifteen or so, and Patrick Kleppik flew out to San Francisco to do our Game of the Year and he brought his wu and one of the like contenders for that year he had not played was Bayonetta two, and he played it on the plane, remember, on his WEU, but plugging in the console, putting any seatback thing, having the cable come out, plug into the seat power, and then just playing it on the screen mode on.
Speaker 3: The games a real game, playing it like there's the original switch.
Speaker 4: Yeah, wow, real games to go to now we have Steam debts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then hey, last story here, Tech You Down is making a PS one FPGA console that looks hot as hell. It is based on that PS one, theer n E version, the slim version. It's one hundred and fifty dollars. It has a full support for Mister cores, so you'll be able to play other things on there right out of the box. This thing is maybe ideal for a lot of people who are looking to get into this.
Speaker 1: Oh this looks pretty, it's cool. I'm very raced, very reasonable. Yep, yeah, that looks hot as hell.
Speaker 2: It's one hundred and fifty for the first run, then it goes up. Thank you vash Dan denesh Dan Danish. But yeah, get it because it's going to be worth it. Like, this is the kind of thing where if you have had any interest in Mister up to this point, this is a good way to get it. Now he's had the Mister Pie which is a similar price, and maybe you can just go get that. But this one looks cool.
Speaker 5: Great questions from Nicky in the chat. They say, Hey, if I'm stupid, what is this for? Why would I want this?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 5: And this is how I felt when I first started hearing people like, you know, Peter Brown and Gersman talking about the mystery, and I was like, this is some weird like they're getting CRTs and stuff like, oh, this is way too deep in the week and I've just been super deep those weeds for years now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Grub, you're smarter than me. Do you want to explain it?
Speaker 2: I wouldn't say that, but it was I think Pga, Well, I mean what it is? It maybe is not the answer to Nicky's question like why they would want it it Basically, it's there's a reason that there's so many retrogaming nerds who obsess over this stuff and this is the scene that they're in. It's because there is a lot of excitement about getting hardware that can perfectly replicate older hardware and and then you know that stuff just works in perpetuity. You don't have to worry about like software emulators long term. The support there could decompose over time, and those ones maybe had maybe had shoddy support in the first place, where the games didn't run exactly the way that they're supposed to run. Maybe they run a little bit too fast. This is a big problem within sixty four emulation. MVG just did a video about this feciently by IN sixty four emulators. Well, the hope is is that Analog three D, the FPGA version of this that Analog has, which is more to this, is gonna be more expensive, but it's N sixty four version could solve a lot of those issues. Now we'll wait and see on that. N sixty four still has some problems even for FPGA, but for PS one, a bunch of these other older consoles. This is a cool little device that is just going to support all your games. Are gonna be to put your ROMs on there. You could do whatever you want with it, and it's uh yeah. And then it's also going to have long term support because there is a huge scene behind it that is always trying to make it better.
Speaker 5: And you can do fun stuff with the two where it's like you can mine's hooked up to my CRT and I've got adapters for all these actual controllers, Like I can play you know, PS one games on a PS one controller and then I can plug in my Superintendo controller. Like it's it's it's just a much more accurate it's emulation at a hardware level versus software, which is more accurate.
Speaker 4: It's I like it a lot, and if you're even if you're like you didn't want to install those extra coors, like having the PS one be like the one console you have one of these things.
Speaker 3: That's a great one. There's so many fun, weird and like interesting and seminal PS one games.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's for old heads.
Speaker 2: It is if you are not interested in playing a lot of older games, this is yeah, don't spend the money on it. That's clearly where this is, all right, jan I think I'm done with the headlines. Yep, no more headlines, handing the show back over to you.
Speaker 1: Wow, this this show needs to take a quick nap and needs to go take a breath of fresh air, much like Sony does. We don't need AI to tell me what buttons I'm gonna press. I won't. I won't let them know. I'm gonna keep them guessing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you.
Speaker 1: Know we're gonna fait the black before we get to emails. Uh, we actually need to settle one thing.
Speaker 2: You're in control of the buttons. You didn't have to interrupt your own music like no, no, no.
Speaker 1: No, no, no no, no, this is yeah. It's it's fine, it's fine. I've trained scout how to press the buttons. Okay, it's just pedals on the floor now, uh huh, all right, we during the quick breaking break, we were trying to settle the validity of Persona being more popular than metal Gear.
Speaker 2: So we've specifically dance saying like he hasn't met any normal person who's played Persona, And well, how do.
Speaker 5: We like terminally online gamer podcast people and stuff. Yes, I know they like that stuff, but you talk to your neighbors who have a PlayStation. They don't know what the fuck Persona is.
Speaker 1: So what we're going if there is anyone who's listening to the podcast right now that works at a coffee shop, a subway, or any place where there is a tip jar at your place of employment, we're going to ask you to set up two tip jars and do the whole tip more thing, one saying metal Gear and then the other one being Persona. And we're just curious as to whichever one will get more recognition from the people coming to your job.
Speaker 3: And I and I mean this, even if it means I'm wrong, don't make this a work like pictures two Giant Bomb and then old posts and stuff, even if it if Persona wins. I'll say, okay, I concede. Would you be surprised that in this poll just ran right now Persona one.
Speaker 5: In terms of because we're on a live video game podcast, we're all deep in the weeds internet people here, I'm saying normal human society doesn't know what persona or anime is society.
Speaker 3: Anime is so mainstream now this place.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree that with Nikki. This place is not representative. That's what we're doing this.
Speaker 4: It's fine, but anime is mainstream now. That is indisputable. I don't even like anime that much.
Speaker 3: It is more more people know anime than no persona.
Speaker 4: Well, yes, because that's the whole genre as opposed to one franchise.
Speaker 1: Sure, okay, okay.
Speaker 5: I know anime is kind of popular because I know there's like shows and stuff now that like he used to just be Dragonball and now there's a bunch of them.
Speaker 2: So I assume, like somebody's grandma, you are so someone said you are so stuck in two thousand and eight, played Metal Gear solid for it.
Speaker 3: Think he is the greatest thing of the world. It's insane, it still is. But yeah, no, anime obviously is has some fans.
Speaker 1: Wait, hold on, there's a Persona five stage play.
Speaker 3: Mmmm.
Speaker 2: Okay, I need to see this. Yeah, it's touring, Okay, right right now, Jad says.
Speaker 5: Dan contends that no normies know what Persona is. His fatal flaw is thinking normies know what metal gear is.
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 3: You know who's a fucking normy when it comes to games and internet stuff. Paul levec Triple H.
Speaker 5: And when he came on Up, Up, Down down once talk about video games, which is a weird idea because like he doesn't know video games.
Speaker 3: Woods was like, all right, so what's tell me about.
Speaker 5: A game that you love? He's like, oh, man less. When I really played it was that middle your solid. I thought it was a Triple H knows what metal year Solid is.
Speaker 4: The hole stuck in the past allegation here, Dan, I'm like, I feel.
Speaker 2: Like I'm I think I leaned towards Dan on this one. Do you also hate JRPGs. I'm just about hating JRPGs. I recognize the popularity Persona. I just think that when we're talking about a casual audience of normal human society, as Dan said, I think it's gonna be slightly more metal Gear blowout.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 5: For instance, I listened to Deadlock podcast and they play games, they stream games, they do wrestling games and stuff. They're not completely like normous, but they were making fun of the game awards and stuff because they'd never heard of like Astrobot or metaphor Refantasio and like, so that's kind of more close to like normy game stuff. But they fucking know metal Gear. They have talked about metal Gear.
Speaker 2: They're also dan like thirty, right, but you guys think old people don't exist?
Speaker 1: Yes, what are you talking about? What people said?
Speaker 3: What are you talking about that argument?
Speaker 2: People?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't about.
Speaker 3: Young people, So I'm just dismissing anything they think.
Speaker 4: Okay, Medalgre is definitely more adjacent to wrestling than persda is, I guess, although I bet if we ask, like a modern like what they like more the NX.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well, Kenny Omega is a total nerd, and so would so. I remember the night I met Woods he was talking about persona was like a fucking nerd.
Speaker 2: I had sales data, right, so we just know more people bought percent of five than melt your song five.
Speaker 1: In Japan or here no world wide? Okay, what about.
Speaker 5: US sales data because I'm based on anio and stuff for my upbringing and I live in the States.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but like this is like with that Disney thing again. You don't you're not talking to many people about persona. Of course, they're not going to talk about it. Try to talk about They're not going to talk about Minnie Mouse with you. You want to talks about that with me? It must not be popular. That makes no sense, you would forget anyways.
Speaker 2: Anyway, if you have a coffee shop, do this, I want in like, please do so that's the data and.
Speaker 1: Don't work it.
Speaker 5: Don't work it as a bit or whatever, like I genuinely want to see yep.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Or if you want to give me money to open up a coffee cart, then we can. Yeah, but it's gonna take a little bit longer.
Speaker 3: I'm not I'm okay with people skewing it towards an older demographic. So if you work in like a VFW bar, do it there.
Speaker 2: If you do this, send us a picture, we'll like maybe even like send people to your your place and yeah, tipping. So we're trying to, yeah, make sure that you get something out of this.
Speaker 1: You can't work at an anime store, and none of that work in a real store.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would never tip an anime store worker.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna call the cops on an anime store if I see one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, okay, all right.
Speaker 4: This is the person who doesn't say the popular person, the one who refuse to take an anime figurine to the airport.
Speaker 3: Sex toy b.
Speaker 1: You know what's funny, though, I think Sean and I were both collectively sad that Backlar was the one that wound up taking it, because I think both of us wanted He's on a list, all right. First email comes Joe from New York. Hey, y'all watch the movie Tombstone. It's a western from nineteen ninety three. It's got all your favorite actors in it, and when it's over, you'll either really want to play Red Dead or you'll get your fill of cowboys shit and you won't want to play Red Dead anymore. Joe from New York. That's the movie with the Huckleberry line, right, Bell Kilmer, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Excuse me, what's his.
Speaker 1: Name now, Powers Booth?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, the cowboy overwatched then said it to is a voice. Cohky, that's a cold cast.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Phil Paxton and that it's been for ever since I saw Yeah, Kurt Russell.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's really good cast. Ye when when I say tipping and sending me money, folks, it's for the stop stop you know.
Speaker 3: What I'm not gonna for me. I'm fine with that.
Speaker 1: Well, Dan, it is a go because so far one in the metal gear jar.
Speaker 5: Anyway, I'm going to find these stores and shove so much money in there. Great, well, no it's not a work. If it's real money that I'm putting in there, I'm saying, don't gimmick it, so like, don't stage it.
Speaker 1: You know, how can we take over a small town? That saying? That's me tipping. That's what the point of the thing is. But what I'm saying is all right, all right, it's one thing to give us our own game show network, But how do we take over a small town and just kind of like, you know, I'll.
Speaker 2: Be I mean, like how big is a small town in your mind? Because if it's like twenty people, I can tell you how we take it over pretty easy. We just you know, beat up everyone and tell us may get to pick violets?
Speaker 3: Do mayors get to pick cabinets like a president does.
Speaker 2: Ah, it's not like going to be as powerful as the presidential cabinet.
Speaker 5: Because I am confident I could easily become mayor of a city. And then if that's the case, if it's a city that accepts cabinets, you're all in.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, that's that's part of it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're kind to make up the congress.
Speaker 1: Why don't we just show up super organized to a small town and just tell them we've taken over.
Speaker 5: My high school gym teacher became the mayor and he was a stone cold dipship.
Speaker 3: There's no way I couldn't become a mayor.
Speaker 1: Oh you would.
Speaker 4: Yes, mas don't have as much power as like cartoon shows like The Simpsons lead us to believe it.
Speaker 5: But what if I, like as the mayor, granted myself more power.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think yeah, I think Mike's right and Dan's right where it's like, yeah, they on paper, they don't have that much power. But if you just keep doing things, who's actually going to stop you?
Speaker 1: Eventually?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: But it always speared me because every cartoon show the mayor was like a significant character.
Speaker 3: Still I don't I don't know who my mayor is right.
Speaker 1: They can't tell me anything.
Speaker 3: The only governors I've ever known were sports maker.
Speaker 2: The pres has more power than a mayor. Definitely.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, do you think if one of us, or Dan becomes mayor, he could just for that small town make metal gear day.
Speaker 3: He could do that, right, fun, I'm gonna be give coach about the key to the city. Yeah, no one will show up because it's not popular enough.
Speaker 1: Your day.
Speaker 5: It's mandatory. Everyone has to play it. You can pick which one. It has to be one of the mainline ones and not tight at at.
Speaker 2: The threat of violence from the state. You will enjoy metal gear.
Speaker 1: Sol Dana is gonna become the footloose parents, but with anime persona.
Speaker 5: If I was president, I would ban anime. I'm not kidding. They're all looking at TikTok and stuff now. I would ban anime day one. You enjoy some anime, I mean for content. It doesn't I never like on my own time watching anime. I'm a grown man.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, it's been a while since it's twenty twenty five. It's a new year, so let's start the new year with some beef. This comes from Alex from British Columbia, More Beef, h Bomb, sense A Grub and the Bomb but teios First Time Long Time I wanted to reach out Regarding a late twenty twenty four BombCast. I was listening along when conversation turned to focus on a member of the gaming industry. Jeff replied derisively, Ugh, that guy looks like he does jiu jitsu. Come on, Jeff, don't be that way. Jiu Jitsu is easily one of the geekiest sports on Earth. You'd love it. My current gym is run by the two guys with encyclopedic knowledge of horror movies and video games. One of the peak professional athletes is sport in the sport is so obsessed with Pasta and Star Wars that his fight name is Darth Rigatoni. Jiu Jitsu doesn't directly equal the Affliction shirt, Joe Rogan pod high value male combo pack. Most of us got into the sport because it's weird and fun, not to be jerks. There are still some jerks though we're we're now Jeff and I have beef. I'm Canadian, so that just means I will be marginally less nice to him. Shit anyway, you all should try a trial class at your local Brazilian jiu jitsu. Jim reporting back on that would be a fun segment. Cheers Alex from British Columbia.
Speaker 5: All right, grub. You know who who's a cool guy that does jiu jitsu and loves it? MVP, one of the coolest wrestlers.
Speaker 2: I I yeah, I And you know what, I also have had the urge to go do a Brazilian jiu jitsu. It seems like a good time. But also then I do see it. I'm like, I think I would just stand up and walk away, Like these guys are down on the ground. I think I would just stand up and go in the other direction, and then what would they do? So yeah, I would probably be toxic in there.
Speaker 1: I think the worst cell on jiu jitsu has been a friend of mine saying, Jude, you got to get to JITs with me, bro, and then he just he on the hits on the concrete outside of a bar. He lays flat on his back. He's like, come bat me man, JITs, Dude, I can take you down. Get some of this JITs and then I and then I just walk away, and I'm like, I do not want anything to do with this JITs.
Speaker 4: I had a friend who was learning kra mcgras that's real and stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, self defense, and she was like, I want to like show you. I was like all right. She was like SOPs, like you have to mount me first, and I.
Speaker 1: Was like, nope, I remember doing that.
Speaker 5: I remember when I was on that La Noir trip with Rockstar and twenty ten everybody at Rockstar was obsessed with Kravma Got and that's all like just whole dinners of talking about Krabma.
Speaker 3: God, It's like, all right, yeah, it seems like a lot. I had a moment there. Huhah, it was real popular uh.
Speaker 1: Next email comes from Dan from Boston. Does Mike Manaughty have neurotic dreams? Yeah, like like Woody Allen dreams, Like oh yes, the one neurotic person. That's what you say, neurotic. That's what I think of stereotypically.
Speaker 3: I don't know, I'm ever.
Speaker 1: I guess a lot of.
Speaker 4: My dreams are like they are negative in a lot of ways. It's just like not like terrible things, but kind of bad things, or like I can see minim is that like I've wasted my life and I'm a loser.
Speaker 1: Maybe I should get that.
Speaker 4: Look at I feel great in the waking world, but my dreams are kind of mean.
Speaker 5: Mine are all like fun and cool, But then I do the only negative ones I have really are I find myself either in high school or college.
Speaker 2: And someone says PERSONA six is more popular metal gears and wake up, sobby.
Speaker 1: No, it's weirdly enough.
Speaker 5: It's a teacher or a school official comes to me and it's like you didn't graduate back then, Like I'm forty year old me in the dream and they're like you didn't, like you have to you have to come back and you have like you have to do all these classes that you didn't actually do, and like, oh, I'm fucked.
Speaker 1: We Travis has started emailing the podcast again, and Travis, I'm not quite ready to forgive yet, but I appreciate your emails because of not not just two timing US triple time in US triple time. So so, Travis, I appreciate the emails, and I see that we could start to heal.
Speaker 2: But it's gonna take more time.
Speaker 1: It's gonna take some time, it's gonna take some some trust, but good old reliable. An email from Nathan from tom Water, Washington. Nathan writes in and asks, how do.
Speaker 2: You like to get exercise and short bursts like just go hang from something for four seconds and then go on with my day.
Speaker 1: That's good.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I love going to the gym like at like eleven PM, and I know, like that's not what I should do.
Speaker 2: Just stand in the parking garage for the first half an hour.
Speaker 1: I really enjoy it.
Speaker 4: We don't have parking garage. Maybe that's why I love them so much. You're like a rare treat for me when I'm in a parking garage.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know. I like the vibe of like a Planet Fitness at like eleven thirty P like Planet Fitness because it's Walluigi themed.
Speaker 1: Sure, yeah, it is minus the grunting, the policy that they have no yeah, the.
Speaker 3: No lunks or whatever, the lunk alarm.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah yeah, Walwiji loves lunks.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I during running training, which starts in May, it's just a lot of fucking running. But as I get myself ready for that, I'm trying to do the morning thing every day. So Tuesday's bike, Wednesday's are upper and core, Thursday's bike, Friday's run Saturday's legs, Sunday's yoga, and Monday is run. So I'm trying to like do a lot of cardio, a little bit of muscle stuff, getting the legs and core ready for crazy running this year.
Speaker 2: I think my my shoot answer is actually is sports. I like to go play basketball, go play soccer or something like that if I could, but not a lot of time for that these days.
Speaker 1: I do enjoy I've only done it a couple of times, but it's not a reliable form of exercise. But I do like backpacking because I like the idea of walking until I fucking can't anymore, and that's fun. And walking was a big one.
Speaker 5: Walking is a good way to like ramp up into something like I'm trying to walk fifteen thousand steps a day now. Got one of those under desk treadmills things, so it's like, yeah, constantly walking.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Before like a big Disney trip, I like to get into what I call theme park shape, where like like it's almost like what those couch the four K things where I start walking a lot more around the neighborhood like two months out from the trip, and then like I'll do like one lap around the neighborhood and after it's like right now two laughs, like now three because like otherwise it's rough in those theme parks, especially day three standing around.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's that? Especially without the roids.
Speaker 4: It's not the r the roids hell too. But yeah, so yeah, I like to walk to get into theme park shape.
Speaker 1: Yeah what, Walking's fun? It's great. God do it like a lot? Uh I I uh will before I sign up for YouTube Premium. Every time like an AD would come on on, like a long form YouTube video, I would do ten push ups per AD. So there's there's that. Nice. That's good. Nice, Go do push ups, folks. They're goods are good.
Speaker 4: They're really hard, but it's because I've always been bigger. But like you know, it's like the bigger are the harder the push up is. They're really hard.
Speaker 1: Planks.
Speaker 3: Start with some planks, yeahs, get yourself up like a minute plank and go to a two minute plank. You know, that's good for the core. I'm still planking.
Speaker 1: Is that a thing, not.
Speaker 3: As a like trend, but as an exercise?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: So like planking is when the trend was not doing a plank but like being a straight board on a surface.
Speaker 1: Right everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now, people aren't doing that. You saw someone doing an actual plank the other day and then you said, look, the planking's back, and I'm like, wait, what No, that they're just exercising.
Speaker 1: Are just upper push ups in the whole Yeah, that person wasn't planking either, Mike. They were trying to JITs with you.
Speaker 3: I was trying to get some JITs going.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, all right. Final email of the show comes from Viv Hey, dudes and due debts. I've been listening since the arrow pointing down Days and GB has been the podcast soundtrack of my life through good and bad times. On the fourth of jan January, my wife performed an incredible feat of delivering our sun parentheses, first Kid and Yes. During the downtime in labor the Game of the Year podcasts or in my ear whilst I played the odd bit of Bolotro in Threes on my phone. I got two questions, what is the default game that you install on your phone, console or PC? Mine would be Threes though it is slowly becoming Bolotro Slash Vampire Survivors as a new dad? And question number two as a new dad, what should I play whilst on leave? When the little one is milk trunk love you all, viv from Hinkley, UK.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, for you're gonna have a lot of time to play games with if it's just it's the first kid and they're just that little lunk, a little lump of fat, which is what they are for the first several months, and all they do is eat and poop. That is a really good time to play games because it turns out you just got to hold them most of the time. So play something like big and ambitious in that time. That's when I really just went whole hog on a Breadth of the Wild because it had just come out and they sent a me and sent me the console and my like a one month old and that was perfect. So something along those lines.
Speaker 3: So it was Daniel Dwyer with Bloodborne. He got into blood Born at that time.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And then I had the second kid and it was a little bit more difficult because now one's asking for me to make make them cereal wamps stole on the other one. And yet I still beat Sakaro that second row that way, So you beat yeah, of course. Gamer.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: As far as the fault game installing your stuff, I wish I had like just a little fun physics thing out on my phone all the time, and nothing really hits the hits the mark for me. So I don't know, have you do?
Speaker 3: You have an iPhone or Android?
Speaker 2: I have Android.
Speaker 5: I think you can do something Android. But the Delta emulator with Warrior where twisted is incredible? Does it just uses the interior like the thing that phone right anyway, the accelerometer or.
Speaker 1: Whatever Warrior works, Okay, is incredible.
Speaker 2: That's perfect. That's literally perfect. Okay, I'm going to try that.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, that's that's gotta.
Speaker 2: Work on Android cause the emulation scene is much more mature there.
Speaker 5: So yeah, Jacko Delta Emulator, Warrior worre twisted Okay, awesome. If Bilotro had like the I guess what was this vertical mode? I think I would never stop playing it. Yeah, Marvel Snap.
Speaker 1: I haven't gone back into it, but I got it ready just in case I got to burst the seal open. It's always installed ready, it's always installed, It's always installed, ready to go.
Speaker 5: Platro is the first phone game I've played since threes I think, and it is definitely a good one to just have on there. It's like, Oh, okay, we're just sitting on the tarmac for another hour. I guess I'll pull out platro.
Speaker 1: Oh ky do key. That about does it. For emails. Bombcassa Giant Bomb dot com is the email address to send your what I can get sprays for Marvel rivals by playing snap Oh no Wow. Bombcasta Giant Bomb dot com is email addressed to send your emails. To thank you everyone for sending your emails to that address. What do we learn today? We've learned that oil and water don't mix. The second's cool when you want to make a sonic game of sorts. Parking garages may possibly be comforting. And uh that Jeff Grubb is the leaker of the year. Sure, Also, dolphins are pretty cool. It's always good vibes that game's done quick, and don't JITs with your bro even if they get on the floor and try and ask you aggressively. And hey, folks, let's all take a lap around the block so we can get a thief park shape. It's just like we can all get into shape mentally, emotionally, and spiritually by listening to the Giant BombCast every day week. What have we got going on? The rest of this week. Game mess popping off Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Correct, Yeah, yeah, it should be all three days this week.
Speaker 2: Back for you guys for the rest of the week and have some fun people on there talk about video game news.
Speaker 1: Also, Hey, if that.
Speaker 2: Switch to gets revealed, we'll do something at that, yes, yes, oh, watch along with that. Yea.
Speaker 5: I will be whipping up the terminator again tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe we'll beat it. We'll see, Yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Think there's a strong chance you do.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And then Friday, big time for charity. We'll be raising money for the wildfire relieves for Bowser's Hurry, will be several of us racing to beat Bowser's Fury first. And I think we've just sided on some stakes where the winner will get to give homework assignments to the others as far as games to play.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes. Also a friend of the site, our dear dear friend, Jesse Fitzali no relation to Young Elmo, but Jesse vittally has organized a dream team of folks to also stream for charity to raise money for the Los Angeles wildfires relief, and we're going to be embedding those streams on the site all throughout the week. If you're in a position to donate, please donate there, donate later in the week, or even just hang out. Visibility is always good for that.
Speaker 3: And make them do stupid stuff with your donations.
Speaker 5: I donated last night and I made them play around to Smash Brothers where they all had to be warrior and the only legal move was farts.
Speaker 3: So you know, here, put them through some shit that it'd be slow paced because this farts take it took a long time.
Speaker 1: We're gonna have voicemail dump truck popping off later this week. We'll find a spot to do BCR as well. Well. Because Sean has put the call out for best music Video Game Music of twenty twenty four. I believe there's a blue Sky thread. Please reply to that with some links time stamps if you're going for any potential bangers of twenty twenty four, boyos, any other things to talk about, to do or whatever.
Speaker 3: I'm playing a Donkey Kong Country game this week on my own time.
Speaker 2: That's gonna be fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I'm going to play that.
Speaker 2: Plenty of games to start talking about here pretty soon new games, but for now, yeah, we'll do the coffee thing do the tip thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, seriously, do it, don't work it. Let's say I legitimately went.
Speaker 1: To see yes, yes, yes, yes, and I am I didn't realize how much footage from last year I have. But it's an obscene amount a lot of fun, dumb stuff coming to your eye holes, ear holes and heartholes soon. That doesn't for the Giant bobcast everybody to give a heard hole.
Speaker 2: Everybody.
Speaker 1: I've been Jan, he's been Mike, he's been crabby, he's been dead, and you at home have been great. Have a fantastic week. We'll see you next week. Four another episode of the Giant Podcast. You've showing feet? This man showed feet.
Speaker 3: I want to do the ry masterio entrence every time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's fine, okay, all right? Oh can you do like a quick Cody Cody Vader thing? Yeah, okay, okay, sweet good music, a dreader, rude grow surpass, annoying smile. Who fantastic