Speaker 1: This is Dan Capless and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Caplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download, and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform.
Speaker 2: This is not Dan Caplis.
Speaker 3: This is Heidiganol filling in for Dan, who's out on work assignment deposing someone. And I'm hanging out with Ryan this afternoon, having a great time talking about the DNC and Obamas speech last night, RFK Junior potentially dropping out of the race and maybe endorsing Trump. But we talked before the break Ryan about this website that the Trump campaign dropped after Jared Pullis lied and said he got her policy off of her website.
Speaker 2: There's nothing on her website.
Speaker 3: Trump campaign launched a website Kamala twenty twenty four policies dot com, and the headline is Kamala's dangerous policies are nothing to laugh about.
Speaker 2: Do you have a clip for me?
Speaker 4: Oh? You mean the laugh Matt laugh, all last, laugh, last, all right, you.
Speaker 5: Know yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's like an eternity. Oh my gosh, I forgot how long that.
Speaker 4: Question is the greatest. How long do you think that was?
Speaker 2: It feels like forever, two hours.
Speaker 6: It's only thirty three seconds, which I know that's going to shock people out there, because you're right, it feels like at least three minutes. But now I have the perfect torture device for our prisoners at Guantan.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I shouldn't laugh, because my laugh might be just as annoying.
Speaker 6: No, not even close. And yeah, it's gotten to a point. I think Donald Trump's right. He usually says things that's kind of crazy, but he gets it. I think from some reliable source that they have instructed her not to laugh, meaning the Democrats, the party, the campaign, like you can't do And if you've noticed too, Dave McCormick has done this. He's the Republican nominee for Senate in Pennsylvania. He's got some great ads out there and they sprinkle in every here and there. The laugh in what it does to me, Heidi, it just completely undermines her seriousness or credibility. I think with that laugh, that laugh alone, I know it's gonna sound now sexist.
Speaker 4: No, it's a weird laugh. She's weird. She's strange.
Speaker 2: Are you using their term you took back weird.
Speaker 6: Well because it's projection from them on one level. But the other part is when you hear that laugh, I'm sorry. I can't picture her at a summit with Vladimir Putin or Zelenski or Jijenping or anybody else on the world stage, especially adversaries, that they would take her seriously. I don't think that would be the case at all. I think they would look at her as a prime target. They would take all kinds of liberties carte blanche. I think Taiwan gets invaded. I am really afraid on the foreign policy front. They haven't talked about that with her, because she hadn't talked about any policy, but foreign.
Speaker 4: Policy in particular.
Speaker 6: Heidi, we are on the brink of absolute disaster if she wins this race.
Speaker 2: Well, and we know she's not really running anything.
Speaker 3: I think that's pretty obvious, and she won't be if she gets in as president. That's it's scary, scary, scary, But that's how I feel about it. Call me what you want, conspiracy theorists, whatever, but I think there's folks behind the scenes that.
Speaker 2: Are running the show.
Speaker 3: And I want to go back to this website for a minute, because man, they just lay it on thick what her agenda is. So remember this is the Trump campaign created a website about her policies because she hasn't done it. Kamala twenty twenty four policies dot com. Fighting to set murderers free, more Biden nomics, it's working, rising costs for nothing to worry about. More taxes, to ensure the middle class pays their fair share, abolished borders, bring back the New Green Deal. And Kamala believes in freedom for individuals associated with violent behavior formally referred.
Speaker 2: To as violent criminals. That's my favorite one.
Speaker 6: I also have a ninety second spot here on that website that you said, Heidi and as again is Kamala twenty twenty four policies dot com. This is pretty brutal. It's ninety seconds. I think it's worth a listen, let's go to it.
Speaker 2: If you're considered the most liberal United States senator.
Speaker 4: We're not going to treat people who are undocumented across the borders criminal, abolished ice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, is that a position that you agree with? We need to probably think about Starry pom stretch, say.
Speaker 4: It loud, say it clear. Everyone is welcome here. Pay your hand.
Speaker 2: If you think it should be a civil effect rather.
Speaker 7: Than a crime across the border, raise your hand.
Speaker 3: If your government plan would provide coverage for undocumented immigrants, you support giving the universal healthcare Medicare for All to people are in this country illegally.
Speaker 2: I am opposed to any policy that would be denied in our country any human being from access to public health period.
Speaker 4: Do you support the Medicare for All built?
Speaker 6: I believe it will totally eliminate private insurance for people out there who like their insurance, they don't get to keep it.
Speaker 2: Let's eliminate all of that.
Speaker 4: Loston Marathon bomber on death row.
Speaker 6: People who are convicted of sexual assault, they should be able to vote.
Speaker 1: I think we.
Speaker 5: Should have that conversation.
Speaker 8: As president of the United States, I am prepared to pass a Gringo deal.
Speaker 7: Would you ban option drilling?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 7: What is the solution for voters who have jobs and interests in the fossil.
Speaker 8: Fuel industry transition into the jobs of the future.
Speaker 2: So what do you support.
Speaker 7: Changing the dietary high produced red.
Speaker 4: Meats for something like yes?
Speaker 6: I would we have to have a buyback program, and I support a mandatory buyback program.
Speaker 3: Yikes, that is terrifying. We cannot let her into the presidency. And guys, there are seventy five days left to fight this battle, or we may be stuck with that terrible laugh everywhere because.
Speaker 4: It's terrible policies which are even worse.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no kidding, That's it too, isn't it though?
Speaker 4: Heidi?
Speaker 6: I mean, we've been talking about how Pennsylvania is such a key in this entire election, and Nate Silver's done the analysis. No matter who wins that they're going to stand about a ninety five percent chance of winning if they win Pennsylvania. How does she back off of that square where she says absolutely, I would ban fracking on day one, offshore drilling. We need to transition away from fossil fuel jobs. She's going to try to move away from that policy. How could she evencredibly do that?
Speaker 3: Well, this is a state where Josh Shapiro, their governor, already said they're not going to have the vote counts that night, They're gonna let it take a few days.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's just a recipe for disaster.
Speaker 3: But for those who want to help in Pennsylvania because it is so important, I've talked a little bit on the show about the Turning Point app.
Speaker 2: It's Turning Point Action. You can download it in the app store. It's free.
Speaker 3: You sign up to help, and you can actually call, text, or send postcards to low propensity Republican voters in Pennsylvania and it's super easy.
Speaker 2: You pull up a link and it gives you the name of the voter.
Speaker 3: You can either press a button and text them, or call them and talk to them, or send a postcard encouraging them to vote. And now these are people who likely didn't vote in twenty twenty but voted in twenty sixteen, and we need them to vote big time.
Speaker 2: Big Lee, big Lee, I.
Speaker 4: Can't totally, bigly.
Speaker 2: Okay, you can do Clinton and Trump, that's okay. Do you do Biden?
Speaker 4: Also, I can't.
Speaker 6: I've been told that when I try to do that, I sound like Dana Carvey impersonating Jimmy Stewart, so that there might be some truth to that.
Speaker 2: Have you done Kamala yet?
Speaker 6: I'm trying to get Kelly like to really do a workshop and get up to where she can impersonate Kamala because my voice doesn't lend itself to that.
Speaker 4: Where are you in the progress for that, Kelly, I.
Speaker 2: Haven't watched a lot of film on her yet.
Speaker 4: Is that what's gonna take.
Speaker 3: But we have to get to the root causes, because the causes are really down to the roots.
Speaker 6: Okay, that's a good start the nomenclature, but your voice sounds too good.
Speaker 4: It's a better voice.
Speaker 2: I have to practice.
Speaker 4: That's a good start, though, it's a good start.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: Well, anyway, everybody check out the Turning Point app.
Speaker 2: You can get on there. They have this thing called.
Speaker 3: Commit one hundred where everybody commits to reaching out to one hundred voters. We need Pennsylvania to win this thing. Everybody's got to help in Pennsylvania. Of course, we have some important races here, like we talked about Congressional District three with Jeff Hurd and Congressional District eight with Gabe Evans.
Speaker 2: Those are super critical and you can help there too.
Speaker 3: You can actually walk out the door and go visit those areas and help in that capacity. But you know, Ryan, I think I was a little discouraged with some of the primary turnouts in some of these states, Like Republicans are acting like, eh, this is just another election. This is not just another election. And the Democrats are are so hardcore activated that if we don't get off the couch and really get engaged in the next seventy five days, it's going to be bad news for America and bad news for Colorado, bad news for our kids and our grandkids.
Speaker 6: Two dominoes that will fall. One is Labor Day week in itself. Kids are going back to school. Now you're going to have most people locked in paying attention after Labor Day.
Speaker 4: Then you have that first debate.
Speaker 6: I think that timeline right there to measure enthusiasm coming away from that, I believe that most of us who are considered to be core Republican voters, are activated, are very motivated, are very enthusiastic, are very much consolidated around our candidate Donald Trump. And I think it's to your point about Pennsylvania. The reason the electoral math matters so much in that state, particularly alone, is if.
Speaker 4: Donald Trump takes Pennsylvania.
Speaker 6: Let's say I'm covering it for KOA that night, Election night, November five, and Pennsylvania comes in. You said, well, Josh Shapiro, and there might be delay in counting. Let's say it's a pretty you know it's a margin that is beyond that would be the margin of era. All Donald Trump would have to do at that point is hold North Carolina.
Speaker 4: Which is going to be a challenge.
Speaker 6: It's a state that's in play in Georgia, and he could lose Michigan, Wisconsin, Nevada, Arizona and still be at tune seventy.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 2: I didn't realize that.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 3: Well, after we come back from this break, I want to talk about a ballot initiative in Colorado before we bring Brita on about ranked choice voting and what a disaster it would be for our state. So this is Heidi Ganal filling in for Dan Kaplis. When we come back, we'll talk about ranked choice voting and bring Brita Horn on.
Speaker 4: And now back to the Dan Taplas Show podcast.
Speaker 6: It is one of the oldest tricks in politics from a guy who has let's pay for gotten pretty stale.
Speaker 4: We do not need four more years a bluster and bumbling and chaos. We have seen that movie before and we all know.
Speaker 9: That the sequel is usually worse.
Speaker 3: Is he talking about the Harris administration?
Speaker 2: That Biden Harris administration?
Speaker 3: I mean, seriously, four years of bluster, bumbling, and chaos. That's what we are living through with their administration right now.
Speaker 2: I don't think he realized he's zinged himself.
Speaker 3: But Ryan, I'm sitting here watching some of the headlines go by, and I've seen some good ones on Fox right now. Laura Ingram underneath she was launching her show, said hope and change to is becoming hate and.
Speaker 2: Revenge at the RNC or the DNC.
Speaker 3: Sorry, And then another one was Obama's go mean girl at the DNC.
Speaker 2: As we just listened to, I thought that was pretty good.
Speaker 6: He did go yeah, And like I said, I was talking to before we went live here that Michelle and Barack gave very competent speeches. I thought that rallied their base was red meat for them, was ripping on Trump.
Speaker 4: But it felt a little.
Speaker 6: Beneath them, if that makes sense, like they've been built and exalted as these kind of above the fray. You know, the yesteryear Democrats of old, in the eight years of Obama where the halcionic years that we longed for a Democrats. And what they revealed to me was they were very small people. That's how it came across to me. Hiding, and I had to watch these things, unlike you and Kelly, who got out of it. But I watched and it just felt smaller than the moment, Like it wasn't aspirational, like that's a word that's usually attached at the hip to Barack Obama. He seemed less than he seemed like he lost his fastball. He was actually upstaged, I thought, in many ways by Michelle Obama. But yeah, to that mean girl's point, I think that's true. They were dwelling on that, and it just made them seem like, even if you're looking at it from a democratic point of view, you're lowering yourself to this level that you think Donald Trump's at, but you're behaving really the same way that you're accusing.
Speaker 4: Him of behaving.
Speaker 3: It just seems so elitist too, like this is this is a showcase, like Mandy said, for all their top politicians, all their.
Speaker 2: Top money people, billionaires.
Speaker 3: On stage, almost billionaires with Jared Polis And So what I like about the Trump campaign and what I liked about the RNC were the real American stories. But I also love that, I mean jd Vance thing used to like Trump. He openly admits that and there's some crazy clips things he's saying about Trump.
Speaker 2: But he came around and Amber Rose, the.
Speaker 3: Rap star who spoke at the RNC, didn't used to like Trump, but she came around and she realized that the media was lying to her about him. So many people that they had come up on stage had that theme of it's almost it's cool right to realize that you were being lied to about Trump and get on board now. And that's something that I think is going to work really well going forward. Look at who was who was turning the page and supporting Donald Trump now, Elon Musk, RFK Junior, Tulci Gabbard, Jdvan.
Speaker 2: Hulk Hogan was there at the RNC. You don't get more man of the people than Hulk Hogan.
Speaker 6: He was my childhood hero as a gen X boy growing up in the eighties. And he was it right, Hulk Hoogan. And he was not really active vocal in politics at all. I always suspected he was kind of quote one of us, you and me and Kelly here and our listeners as well. But when Trump got shot, he said it on the stage. You watched him, Heidi that that was his time to come out and say no, I'm a Trump supporter, and like you said, it's cool to be a Trump supporter. I think there's a certain feeling about that this time around, Heidi. That was not the case the last two times around. A lot of people might be Trump shy or Trump averse or Trump hesitant, and voters now I think are a lot more now our country's going in the wrong direction.
Speaker 4: I might not like him personally or some of the stuff he says, but.
Speaker 6: I'll take that for no wars and an economy that's thriving and peace at home.
Speaker 3: As evidenced by the new group Swifties for Trump.
Speaker 2: Did you see that?
Speaker 6: I did, And I don't know, oh how much of that is I always look at it with a jaundiced eye of how much of this is real?
Speaker 4: How much is ai are there? Really?
Speaker 6: Is there really a movement that's pushing this, So I'm trying to stay a little bit cautious with that one.
Speaker 3: Well, I have two daughters that are Swifties for Trump, so there's that they can start the movement. And I think that stemmed out of the terrorist threats that shut down three or four concerts of Hers in Europe, and some young fans were like, Wow, this is not cool, and we're going to get more of this if we support Kamala Harris and not support Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: That's my hope that that's how it played out.
Speaker 10: Right.
Speaker 6: I was talking about this issue with Valdemar Archiletta, who is the president of the log Cabin Republicans. He's the Republican candidate for the first congressional district against Dianad Again, you got not Pale Climb coming. But he's talking to a lot of gen Z voters and I think those are like your daughters and like Kelly's daughter, Dan's daughter would be one of those as well, Caroline.
Speaker 4: That they've gone through a lot.
Speaker 6: You know, They've had their school canceled, their grad suations canceled. In some cases, there was a high school senior then as a college senior at USC had that graduation canceled because of the Prohomaas protests. And I think gen Zers are looking at things in a much different light than we even give them credit for, and that there might be a lot more Republicans in waiting than we've anticipated with them.
Speaker 3: Well, and one thing I want to talk about real quick that's very important, that's not getting enough and enough coverage is ranked choice voting and how it plays into what we were just talking about is a lot of young people are unaffiliated, and more and more voters in Colorado are unaffiliated. That's the majority of voters in Colorado, so they're not necessarily aligned to a party. So Kent Theory, who used to be the head of Davida, has kind of partnered with some of the big consulting firms, Republican consultants in Colorado to put forward a ballot initiative about ranked choice voting. And you're like, what the heck is that. Well, it's going to transform the way our elections work in Colorado if it's passed.
Speaker 2: Now, what happens is this is.
Speaker 3: Done in a last careen California, in Maine. So what happens is it's super It's pretty easy to get on the ballot and say you want to run for governor, You get a petition signed. It's not as onerous as it would be as it is now to petition onto the ballot, and everybody goes on to the primary ballot, no matter what party you're part of, whether it's Democrat, Republican, libertarian, whatever. And I mean there's going to be massive amounts of people on the primary ballot.
Speaker 2: There's no caucus. There's no primary as we know it now.
Speaker 3: Everybody will get one ballot and you rank the top four choices for you and what happens is four people from the same party can actually come out of it, or it might be two and two, it might be three and one. But it's basically a brand name recognition contest. So the richest people who can get their name out there and get the most people to vote out of twenty different candidates are the ones who are going to win.
Speaker 2: And so in some ways, yeah, can it.
Speaker 3: Bring a bit more conversation about whise party so important or should it be so important? But what's gonna happen is the Democrats have so much money in Colorado.
Speaker 2: They're gonna own this thing.
Speaker 3: And if you don't think they know how to game this and when in a big way using rain choice voting, you gotta you gotta you got some land in Florida. I can sell you. I always miss those thayings up. It's Eidi gonna all filling in for Dan. Caplis Dan. We'll be back tomorrow. But I am so excited to be here with you, Ryan and talk about all things going on in the.
Speaker 2: Political world today. So we'll be back after the break.
Speaker 4: You're listening to the Dan Kaplis Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Good afternoon. It's Heidi gan All filling in for Dan Caplis, who will be back tomorrow. It's been a pleasure hanging out with you Ryan today. I love the banter back and forth. You know, we've got so much drama of our own going on here in the Colorado Republican Party and I try and honestly just stay out of it for the most part and keep my keep, I know is clean and work on what I can control, which is helping grassroots groups around the state and building Rocky Mountain Voice and giving us a platform to get our message out against.
Speaker 2: The liberal media.
Speaker 3: But Britta Horn is a brave, brave person to take on a potential position that is go Britta, It's going to be tough. She is throwing her hat in the ring for colord a GOP chair if Dave Williams is voted out at a meeting on August thirty first, and Britta, welcome to the show. Excited to hear the latest update on this party drama.
Speaker 8: Oh my gosh, thanks for having me.
Speaker 10: I really appreciate it. Well, I don't of it's at thirty first, it is also that event, but we also had this Saturday to twenty fourth and Briton, AH.
Speaker 3: So there is going to be a meeting this Saturday, the twenty fourth.
Speaker 10: I've still heard that, So if heard, I haven't heard any change about the information the other day and we're still a golt of that. I haven't heard that that is been backfired by any reason.
Speaker 2: Great to know, Great to know. So there's dual meetings.
Speaker 3: There's the meeting put forward by Todd Watkins, who's the vice chair in El Paso County GOP, and Nancy Palazzi, who's the chair of Jefferson County GOP. And then there's Dave Williams and Hope Sheppelman's meeting on the thirty first.
Speaker 2: Are they going to write.
Speaker 3: Like, if, okay, tell us how this plays out on Saturday, what's it going to look like?
Speaker 10: What's from my understanding and from the information I'm getting, I mean up to date, because I was in Denver even today and just got back home into the ranch that it's going to go on. It's gonna be at noon. If they were at the same church in Brighton and they're going to conduct they're already looking for a Teler committee and getting the credentially in and as long as we have enough of those people coming in and their proxies and have enough of the numbers that they're looking for, they're going to go ahead and have the meeting. Because they members are allowed to have a recall meeting. They're allowed to gather and do this for the bylaws, all the bylaws and get this done.
Speaker 3: So, Britta, if this meeting happens, I believe the late last time I looked at the members, you needed two hundred and fifty nine people or two hundred and fifty four I can't remember which to vote affirmatively to take out Dave Williams as the chair of the Colorado GOP.
Speaker 2: Is that correct my.
Speaker 10: Understanding as well? Yeh, we're listening to the.
Speaker 3: Same numbers, yep, okay, So, and that's the Central Committee members.
Speaker 2: What is the Central Committee?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: How did these folks get there and why did they get to decide?
Speaker 10: Well, because they're part of the sixty four counties, so it comes out from every county chair of the county vice chair and then the secretary. And then if you have a bigger county, you have than all your bonus members, and then you have everybody who's like the chair of all the CDs or the sd s or the hds whatever, you know, they also have a vote to it too. Okay, all are considered a member. So that's how that number comes up. And this is based on not physically everyone showing up, but people showing up with their proxies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, everybody tell people what a proxy is, just for those that aren't involved in politics.
Speaker 10: Sure, I get that, so on inside politics. So proxy is something that's been validated and has been notarized that you know, I can't make it, but I'm giving this person that's approved to be able to take carry their their their vote, you know, carry their proxy, carry their vote and take it to the meeting and be credentialed in. So you would send it to your county chair or you could do it to your CD chair, you know, somebody above you that can go and carry it for you. But you can't have like one county like legal county. Can't you know, carry from the county. You have to do it within your own where you live, your own community.
Speaker 3: Okay, what's your sense of how this is going to go on Saturday? Do you think there are the votes to remove Dave Williams's chair.
Speaker 10: I believe there are, you know, I said, when I'm listening to everybody and talking to all the different people and you're making all the phone calls and who's carrying who you know proxies as we say, I believe that we have the number. I mean, it's a busy weekend and we all know that, but we're planning for that as well. So the just said, you know it would go there and see the bodies. But then even when they tried, they went through the cadensuring process, what thirty days ago, a month ago when we had the meeting the first time, and Wright and he would see everybody with their name tags on, and then you'd see a whole bunch of more name tags on their body because they were carrying those people's proxies as they got credentialed in.
Speaker 3: Okay, so there was a meeting, there was a bunch of legal wrangling. Is there going to be more legal wrangling between the meeting this Saturday and the meeting that Dave's team is holding on the thirty.
Speaker 10: First, you know, we haven't heard, but you know we were. I was on the phone. It was good to hear from Mandy on your show. You're a little earlier that it was that Friday, and I was on her show and it was like the last few minutes of a show. As all of a sudden we heard that that what was it.
Speaker 4: A the t R O.
Speaker 10: The you know that that the law there that that cat sorry the chair Dave Williams put out, you know, the restraining order that he was likestrain straining down the opportunity to have that temporarily, was straining on it to be able to stop the meeting.
Speaker 2: Got it.
Speaker 10: And so when that happened, then they made to find out whether it was legal, whether they had you know, the right authority, could we do it, could not do it? And then the very next week later they know they had to go to court, and then the end of the week of that next week and that next Friday, the judget dismissed it, saying you didn't have any authority with it to.
Speaker 2: Do that, all right? Got it?
Speaker 3: So there still could be some legal surprises and no matter what happens Saturday, there could be some back and forth, and it'll be interesting to see what happens with the second meeting. But Fort, let's talk about vision and what your ideas are for the future of the Colorado gup, how do you turn things around for the party and the conservative movement in Colorado?
Speaker 2: If you're the leader?
Speaker 10: I appreciate that, and I really think it's because we're lacking leadership. We're lacking direction, you know, after all the debacle at the primary level and we have all these factions. So you guys were talking about earlier going on in CD three. Ralph County is in CD three anymore. We're in CD two because it got redistricted with some route and Grand and Jackson is now over with Boulder.
Speaker 2: If you believe that, Oh good lord, I feel bad for you.
Speaker 10: I know, so that happens that I know what's going on in C between and you're right, and there's people that are just I don't want to say, they're just sticking. We're here again, and just solid grapes about all those bombastic things that are saying after Ron Hank's lost the primary and instead of looking you know, introspectively, you and I have won races. We've won races we've lost races. We don't go out there and just go, you know, and show daggers at everybody about it. You know, the work wasn't done, it didn't happen, but instead just that solid grapes and everybody just keeps on mulling over all that. And then we're not getting any leadership from the party right now. There's there's salad grapes about all that, and there's you know, wants to recall and everyone's saying, oh, it's too late. But twenty five days we can still turn this around. I know it sounds, you know, unfathomable, but if I have a plan, and so with my background in public safety and MS and fire, you know, there's a plan that we put out.
Speaker 8: There's something to use.
Speaker 10: It's called an intimate Action plan. And it's like when there's an incident like a wildfire or a flood or hurricane. You know, you go and you put together this package and it's, like you said, an Internet action plan. And I'm unveiling it here on this show that I'm following ours mission right at the end of the tunnel, the end of the.
Speaker 2: Tunnel, the end of the that's good. That's good.
Speaker 10: So it's going to have incident objectives and they have our objectives that we need to take care of. It's already listed, and we have an organizational chart who's going to be involved. And at the top you have command or you have unified command, and there's gonna be many people in that command. You know, process that war room that we talk about, and then you bring it out and go and do divisions, and you do sections and you do a group. So I don't want to get everybody into like teaching everybody about you know, this national Incident Management system that FEMA does. But these this package is able to just put out all the assignments what needs to be said. You know, you even have this what they call a Joint Information Center a JIT, and you make sure that everybody is involved in the meat a piece and the social media piece, and everybody's just in putting all getting all that information that we're getting it back to the system and back to the group into that making sure we're making we're putting out those fires what I call I guess thought fires, because there's a lot of pieces that still need to be done, you know, because you're talking about ballots. Ballots alone, we're going to probably have eleven, if not thirteen issues on.
Speaker 8: The ballot in November, including all.
Speaker 10: The candidates, and I know there's going to be an overcoming that we have to really get to so that everyone's going to see this ballot. It's going to be sick, and it's going to have all these questions, and if they're not really versed on it, they're not going to vote. It's just be sit on the kitchen table and it's not going to get turned in. So we have to have a whole group of people that are you know, part of issues.
Speaker 8: Across the state that have their you know, have their issues that they want to make sure that get it passed or not passed, that we get that all together and start doing even election guides and making sure those things are getting out to everybody so everybody has the information pro and con.
Speaker 3: Pretty we've got to head off to a break, but I appreciate you coming on and giving us some information about Operation Light at.
Speaker 2: The end of the tunnel.
Speaker 3: Boy, do we need some hope and inspiration in the Republican movement in Colorado.
Speaker 2: So thanks, Britta.
Speaker 3: We look forward to hearing how this plays out, and good luck with your chair race, and we'll see you soon. And to the listeners, the society gan all filling in for Dan Kaplis, We'll be back after the break, and.
Speaker 4: Now back to the Dan Kaplis Show podcast.
Speaker 7: And all these speeches, as good as they were, is that she's in the White House right now. Democrats have controlled the White House for twelve of the last sixteen years. And for all of the talk about division and the problems in the country and people are hurting, Democrats have mostly controlled this country. Trump had it for four the Obamas and Biden had it for the rest of the time, and somehow it's still all Trump's fault, and somehow she hasn't been at the center of it. So to me, that's still the glaring hole in this campaign that hasn't yet been solved at the convention. How do you explain all of the problems that will be solved by the person who is currently in there for the last three and a half years, who is supposed to already be working on solving it.
Speaker 3: You know, Ryan, I saw some tweets about how the Democrat leaders have said, oh, we'll.
Speaker 2: Tell you what the policy is going to be after she gets elected, Like Nancy what's in the bill? What's in the bill? That was a good Nancy?
Speaker 4: What's the best I can do?
Speaker 1: Ryan?
Speaker 3: I just also saw on Twitter that Colorado Governor Jared Polish just spoke and he says, as a redditor, gamer, entrepreneur, and swifty, I'm excited by Kamala's vision for protecting and expanding our personal freedom.
Speaker 4: Well, I've got that sound if you want to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, here, please, here we go.
Speaker 4: Governor Jared poulish, ladies and gentlemen, to.
Speaker 9: Control our reproductive and personal choices.
Speaker 4: Look.
Speaker 9: As a redditor, gamer, entrepreneur, and swifty from the free state of Colorado, I'm excited by Kamala Harris's vision for protecting and expanding our personal freedom, internet freedom, and economic freedom.
Speaker 4: Wear damn mask while you're doing it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know one of my selfish bastards.
Speaker 3: One of my favorite moments in debating Jared Poulis was when he went on this rant about women having a choice and how I was a woman, but I was going to take away women's choices, and you know, I was kind of ready for it, and I was just like, what about all the women that got the vaccination, that work in healthcare, that you fired that you literally fired. Yeah, and that work in the government. How's that working for them? That healthcare choice that you talk about. So when he talks about personal freedom again, we got to go back to what he's done in Colorado, which Kamala Harris is going to do it on a much larger scale to America, but making us a sanctuary state and taking away the freedoms of so many victims of illegal immigrant crime, and destroying the oil and gas industry and taking away the people who work in that industry's freedom to have a good paying job and.
Speaker 2: For us to have low energy prices.
Speaker 3: And what about the freedom of ranchers whose livestock are getting attacked by wolves that he thought was so cute to introduce into Colorado. The list goes on and on and on, and these democrats have to be called to account. And I know that a lot of voters don't pay attention, but it starts in our own neighborhoods. And with seventy five days to go, this is about conversations with your neighbors. This is about conversations in the line at the grocery store. This is about conversations. Be bold, be brave, talk to everybody you can and just ask them, how has your life gotten better? With Kamala Harris as vice president and.
Speaker 6: With Jared Paulas, I find it rich, very rich, and talks about the rights of women, and I've watched him interact with women, one of them you in a debate setting where he got really weird. I remember about a truck that he goes ling truck or something. Remember that, Ye go back and forth to you and like, you don't know you're a woman, you don't know anything about truck. He also want like Ron Burgundy mode, and he doesn't respect women. Here's the prime example. This is a classic. This is from Dan's Greatest Hits album. But it's from the floor of the house.
Speaker 2: And you're saying, we're addressing them, and that's what you're upset about.
Speaker 4: Madam speaker, I want you amount of.
Speaker 2: Speaker to address the reason that they are here.
Speaker 9: They are here because our government is trying apart with their families.
Speaker 3: Madam speaker, Well, gentlemen from Colorado, understand all men, Will.
Speaker 9: The speaker understand that the speaker is obstructing HR fifteen from coming to the floor, will speak?
Speaker 4: Will a speaker understand that.
Speaker 9: Will the speaker understand.
Speaker 2: That gentlemen may proceed.
Speaker 4: Will the speaker.
Speaker 9: Understand the speaker is preventing h R. Fifteen from coming to the floor, And that is why there are men and women in the gallery that potentially face deportation and their families are being torn apart.
Speaker 4: It's very simple.
Speaker 2: It's very simple, very simple, Madam Speaker.
Speaker 4: It's very simple.
Speaker 6: And my favorite part is where he gets so condescending and static. There are people in the gallery and he sounds like he's spitting half the time.
Speaker 4: Aga angry.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I've seen a different side of him. He is he is a dark Where does he call himself?
Speaker 6: Dark?
Speaker 10: Jarret?
Speaker 1: Dark?
Speaker 4: Is dark? Jarrett dark?
Speaker 1: Jared?
Speaker 4: Is that the one that talks to women? Because he does? He talked.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry he talks to women this way. He just did there. I watched him in the debate with you, Heidi. So when he goes on this, women's are all right and so like, come on, dude.
Speaker 3: You know I there were so many moments behind the scenes where we'd be waiting to go on stage, uh, you know.
Speaker 2: To do the debate. I remember the first one down in Pueblo.
Speaker 3: We were in back kind of backstage waiting and he said, so your daughters with you. My twenty eight year old was with me, Tory, and I said yeah, and he said, well, what's she doing. I said, well, she just moved home. She's dealing with lime disease. And he said, well, where did she get that? And I said, Colorado, when pagoes to spring, she got bit by something. He said, that's absolutely false. You do not get lime disease in Colorado. We got in a huge fight for time woman before we went up there, I know, and I was just like.
Speaker 4: Oh, you have rain a third the size of ours. It's science.
Speaker 3: Oh, Ryan, thank you so much for letting me hang out with you today. And Dan, thank you. Dan's going to be back tomorrow. This is Heidi Ganal sitting in for Dan. Kaplis, have a wonderful night and day tomorrow