Speaker 1: It's night with y I'm telling you easy Boston's video.
Speaker 2: Thanks very much, Dan Watkins appreciated. Hey, look, there's a little bit of a news story. I want to mention. We're going to come back to this in a moment, I promise. We are asking the question about whether or not the romance between Donald Trump, President Donald Trump and Elon Musk is over. Elon Musk is now called Donald Trump's Big Beautiful Bill a disgusting abomination. So I can't figure this one out again. I think both of these gentlemen probably have some very big egos, and they worked pretty well together for several months, really for most of a year, but the situation seems to have in the last few days ended rather abruptly. Anyway, before we get back to that, and if you'd like to comment, just dial in six one seven, two, five four, ten thirty and we have one line at six one seven, nine three one ten thirty. I just wanted to mention, and I want to keep this a secret between all of us. Okay, my good friend and colleague Jordan Rich, who all of you know and have known for many years on WBC Radio, has been dealing with a little bit of a bump in the road medically, and he's doing well. He used to be able to stay up kind of late and oftentimes would sit in to host nightside when I was called away to do other things, whether they were family activities, vacations, et cetera. But for those of you who know Jordan, he has a birthday on Friday, and I thought that it would be great if some of you in my audience would be kind enough to send him just a birthday greeting. Again. He is still part of the WBZ team. He still does all of the different reports that you hear throughout the week at New England Weekend and Connoisur's Corner and so many of the great presentations that Jordan does. He doesn't sit in and do my show anymore. And some people have said, hey, what's going on with Jordan. You know a little bit of a little bump in the road medically here and he's dealing with it and he's staying strong and all of that and those of you who are familiar with it. But on Friday, it's his birthday. So here is his direct email. And for those of you out there wherever you are, whether you're down in North Carolina or Texas. You've heard from all the different locations that are listening to us tonight. Earlier we talked with New Hampshire and as they say, New Hampshire's always out there, and as they say, San Antonio, I know we have listeners in Florida, Rhode Island. Why don't you send him, if you'd be so kind, just a happy birthday wish, just hey, you know, missing your night side or whatever, you know, whatever you want to say, happy Birthday'm not going to tell you how young Jordan is, but he's very young, at least from my perspective. And his direct email is and this is right to him, Jordan j O R d A N. Everybody knows how to spell Jordan, and his company is Chartproductions dot com. So it's Jordan at chart Productions dot com, c h A r T like Chart Productions p R O d U c T I O n s dot com. Jordan at Chartproductions dot com. And any of you who did not get that email, Rob, I'm sure you were quick enough to write that down and people call and get that email from you, and you know, give him a little happy birthday wish sometime tomorrow. The birthday is actually on Friday. Okay, if you want to wait until Friday, that's okay. But that's just you know, a little bit of good wishes. I think that will cost us. It won't cost you anything, just a few seconds of your day, and I know Jordan would appreciate it immensely and I would be indebted to you as well for doing that. Okay, we're talking about the Elon Musk Donald Trump romance. Romance? Is it over? That's the question? See what you think? Some people say yes, some people say no. We're going to go next to Bob in Rhode Island. Hey Bob, I'm sure it's warm in Rhode Island tonight.
Speaker 3: Hey Bob, how are you warm everywhere?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Well, particularly happy birthday, Jordan Rich second gay broadcasting voice. I enjoyed living listening to you overnight on the weekends for years. Well, I hope you making some speedy recovery.
Speaker 2: And again, as I say, if you get a chance, it's Jordan at Chart Productions dot Com, and I think he'd love to hear from. So, Bob, is is the the Trump Elon Musk romance? Is it over?
Speaker 3: Yes? It certainly is. And Avon Musk has only done something right, and now.
Speaker 2: Will will he be welcomed back with open arms by folks like you, you know, the folks of the left. And I think you're kind of on the left side of the political spectrum.
Speaker 3: On the left side. You're right.
Speaker 2: It is all forgiven now and is Jordan is is Elon now welcomed back?
Speaker 3: Absolutely?
Speaker 2: That's wonderful.
Speaker 3: That's and I got a few more things. Can I say a few more things?
Speaker 2: Absolutely? You have I ever cut you off?
Speaker 3: Come on, Bob, go ahead, No you haven't. Then you know what happened one for one thing w p R ro in Providence. Okay, he bumped me.
Speaker 2: So this is night side and and you're a fine caller, So go ahead say what you like. If it's related to Trump and Musk, fine, if not, go ahead say what you like.
Speaker 3: Well, I know that Trump's bankrupt six times. I don't think Elon Musk has never been bankrupt.
Speaker 2: Nobody. He did take some financial hits earlier this year. Go ahead, Yeah, he's.
Speaker 3: Got he's got more money about him.
Speaker 2: He's got more money.
Speaker 4: I want to high.
Speaker 2: Elon has more money than you and me together.
Speaker 3: Well, maybe he's got more money than me. I don't know about you.
Speaker 2: I think both of us go ahead and.
Speaker 4: Go ahead.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, I'm thinking.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, don't spend too much Trump.
Speaker 3: Once again, Trump was going to stop the bar in Ukraine on his first day in office. I don't think so, not yet.
Speaker 2: Well, the first day is coming gone. You're right on that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But is he an honest man?
Speaker 4: What was he a liar?
Speaker 2: Well? I don't like to call anyone liars, and I often think, to be really honest with you, I don't call anyone a liar. I think that there are people with whom I disagree deeply, and there are people who have a different view of the world.
Speaker 3: They just have maybe I do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm sure you do, because you know what I believe.
Speaker 3: And this we're getting a little dad, he listened to me. I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: No, No, I was just going to say that I'm going to get a little philosophical with you here, Bob, and I hope you understand what I'm saying. I know you'll understand what I'm saying. I think we're all the creatures of our own experiences, and I think that our experiences kind of to mold our view of the world.
Speaker 3: In many respects and yeah, I've had a lot of tough times.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, That's what I'm saying, you know. So yeah, okay, well look you keep calling the show. You know that you're always well.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Dan.
Speaker 3: I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Man, all right, you'd be well okay, thank you, Bob, good night, appreciate good night, thank you, good night. What seven two, five four, ten thirty. Got to take a quick break. I have two of my favorite callers coming up, Ian and Susan, And guess what I got room for you? And I don't know if you're listening to me, pick up that phone six one seven two five four to ten thirty or six one seven nine three one ten thirty. We're trying to have a little fun here tonight. Okay. The question is, is the bromance between Donald Trump and Elon Musk irrevocably broken or can they get back together? I mean, let's let's have a little bit of fun here tonight. Okay, we can, we can, we can relax a little bit, I mean we could. We can get serious as well, but feel free join the conversation. Be right back on night Side.
Speaker 1: Night Side with Dan Ray on Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: So we're talking about Elon Musk talking about Donald Trump. They've had a bromance going for a while. My question is is it over? Is it really over? I mean, when Elon Musk called Donald Trump's big, beautiful bill a disgusting abomination, I don't know how how much more, how much more deeply Elon could have could have psychologically cut President Trump. Let me go to Ian in San Antonio, Texas, back in the big state of Texas. Don't mess with Texas. Hi, Ann, welcome, How.
Speaker 5: Are you.
Speaker 4: Very well?
Speaker 6: Thank you, Dan? How about yourself?
Speaker 2: I'm doing just great tonight, sir. Is this bromance over?
Speaker 6: Well? I have two points to make. I wouldn't say it's over, but I do know that Elon himself is very extended in his finances. I have been, I've driven by because they go up to often, quite often. And his just the plant there is massive. Absolutely, it's city blocks upon city blocks, bake. It is massive.
Speaker 2: And he had good for him. I guess.
Speaker 6: I guess, well, I can't imagine how many billions it costs to construct that. It's just crazy. And I believe that the Tesla is falling out of face. But he's done a lot of good for humanity with Neurlink, neuralink, and Starling, et cetera. Yeah, so, you know, we wish him the best. But my second point for Donald Trump, a full stop would be if that New York Times headline is true.
Speaker 2: And I don't have the New York Times headline that you're referring, to share that with us.
Speaker 6: Okay, I believe, I don't know, Sunday Monday, maybe Sunday newspaper New York Times has a story. The headline was Elon Musk was does ketamine mushrooms? Psilocybin mushrooms?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Okay, well again I've read that story. It sounded to me like this guy was into some pretty weird stuff.
Speaker 6: But you know, yeah, we don't know if that's true, but if it is, that would be a full stop for the president.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't think the president tolerates well, I know that he's not a drinker, and I don't think he uses drugs. And when I saw some of that stuff, I think that some of the stuff that he was using is pretty pretty out there.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: You know, my drugs of choice are corse light and red wine.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: Well that's that's what it is, like, Okay, well, that's mean to know, behine is perfect and it's and it's not particularly expensive. I found a a an obscure winery that is at my favorite liquor store, and I don't know if anyone's ever heard of. It's called Hayes Wine. It's actually really good. At least there's a cabinet and a merleau. Uh, and I'll give and you'll peek into. These are like eleven dollars bottles of wine and I like them a lot. Yeah, I call it pizza wine. Where what I mean by that is it's not as if you're you're ordering something extraordinary, but uh, it's so so that's what. When when with it they stopped talking about stuff like ketamine, I think, wasn't that the stuff? There was an actor who who was pronounced that a young actor a few weeks ago.
Speaker 6: Yes, math a few weeks ago. Yeah, Oh, I don't know, but that's I.
Speaker 2: Mean some of this Perry, Matthew Perry. And I think that a lot of this stuff is the synthetic drugs, which is which are.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well they used that pre up. They use it for I believe, to keep you asleep.
Speaker 2: Well, but that's different if it's being used. Look, I know that fentyl can be used for anesthesia, but it's a whole different deal when some that's being used in an operating room where their doctors and nurses and it's being monitored. Then they say, oh, yeah, I think I'm going to try this. Oh there's somefentodyl in there. Oh yeah, this should be this should be cool. I mean I I think that's beyond by beyond my scope. Ten years in a glass of red wine, and I'm done for the night. Okay, So that's yeah.
Speaker 6: You know, he did a good job though, you know, saving the taxpayer the money.
Speaker 2: Well, I think he's I think he's supposedly at this point found one hundred and seventy five billion in waste, but I think he was talking about as much as a trillion, So he's a little short of the goal. But yeah, see well see, yeah, all right, I'm great to hear you.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 2: How hot is it in San Antonio tonight?
Speaker 6: Eighty five degrees?
Speaker 2: That's about what we had. We're getting close.
Speaker 6: There with African desk cloud.
Speaker 2: I heard about that. Yeah, was that the Sahara desert cloud?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I heard it was half the coast of Florida. I didn't think I got over to Texas.
Speaker 6: It does. We comes across the Gulf the southeast. Yeah, at times, I know it's very unpleasant.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry to hear that. Okay, Okay, good luck, Okay, enjoy your conversation. The conversation. Let me go to Susan in Gambridge. Hi, Susan, how are you tonight?
Speaker 8: I'm good Dan. What was the name of that wine? Did you say, Hayes?
Speaker 2: Hayes, Yeah, h a y yes.
Speaker 7: Interesting.
Speaker 8: I'm always looking for a good, cheap melow.
Speaker 2: It's I I. If you called me privately, I can tell you what where where you can find it, and maybe it's It's available in a lot of stores, but I happen to stumble upon on it because I'm always looking for something that I can enjoy. And I'm not one of these serious wine drinkers who are saying, oh, I have to get my you know, my my my for you know, uh rothschild child or whatever.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, that that is. It's called Hayes. It's it's it's it's it has California, California. It's an American wine. And my kids laugh at me and they say, oh, you know, but hey, they they'll have a glass of it too, and they seem to like it. It's it's it's what a glass.
Speaker 8: I'm doing online search. If I can't find it, I'll give you a buzz, Rob will give you my.
Speaker 2: Direct line and uh when you hang up, and if you need to if you can't find you can find it on. I think you can find it online. Up. I can google it right.
Speaker 4: Now with you.
Speaker 8: Okay, I'll take care of later.
Speaker 2: So let's talk about the bro mince. Is it probably broken or can they get gets?
Speaker 8: I know you don't like, you know, calling people liars, but as far as I'm concerned, they're both pathological liars, so they kind of deserve each other.
Speaker 2: Okay, I get that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so I expect this to you know, kind of ebb and flow, but I did. The reason I actually called is because I wanted to, uh take issue with something you'd said about medicaid earlier and the Medicaid cuts and who they would hurt. So are you familiar with the Kaiser Institute. It's a pretty well known help research firm.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Well, so they've looked at this because I think Arkansas and Georgia have both experimented with essentially what the government is trying to do, what the federal government is trying to do with these uh these work requirements. And first of all, the majority of people on Medicaid are working. The ones who aren't, there's a percentage who are students, there's a percentage who are caregivers for elderly, there is disabled, and then after that there's a very small percentage who don't fit any of those categories. But the number one demographic that these cuts hurt is older women, women fifty five to sixty five, often divorced, single mothers. So you know, it's not you know, like Mike Johnson said, you know, the guys sit in front of the TV playing you know, video games or whatever. And the way that they save money on this is simply because they give people so many hoops to jump through that people just don't bother or they they can't they don't have the time to manage it, or they don't have the ability to do all the online stuff to manage it. And the administration of this is actually going to cut it into the savings because you know, you have to administrate you know, all these you know, making sure they've worked you know, every quarter or a certain number, so somebody has to compile all that. So I just I have a big problem with giving tax cuts while we're taking away what I think is very basic, essential medical care from people who who need it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I understand what you're saying. And again we probably by the way, I just tried to find Hay's wines though I can't wine every but it's very expensive, high end wine. So when you finished, get my direct number and I'll show you where you can find this I'll get I'll quiet and where you can find this this wine. Anyway, Look, here's the deal. Here's the deal. Anybody in America who is disabled, elderly, uh, you know, need support. I'm there, okay, but I'm I'm convinced, Susan that there is a percentage of people who are playing the system. Okay, And we do not have unlimited money. The one thing I do know is we have a a federal debt of thirty seven trillion dollars. Uh.
Speaker 8: And so why are we giving tax cuts? Why can we always afford tax cuts but not medical care?
Speaker 2: Well, first of all, you can you can tax everybody who makes over one hundred thousand dollars a year, and you're still not going to tax, be confiscatory, and you still won't be able to the it's it's it's I've looked at the numbers. I know the numbers. I'm not gonna buoy you with the numbers. But we've reached a point in time with our taxes where you you can't get blood out of a stone, okay. And you have people in Massachusetts who are leaving Massachusetts. I had a guy today who called me and told me he's gone to New Hampshire because he's done with Massachusetts.
Speaker 8: But the reports that we actually have more millionaires, that the millionaires text didn't make people leave. We actually have more millionaires than before we pass that BA.
Speaker 2: One story in the Globe. Tell me what that number looks like a year from now. Okay, that's or two or five years from now. Okay, that's that's going to be the issue. Millionaires are not dumb. If you over if you overtax millionaires, they will find a way to absent themselves from the state for a sufficient amount of time. The bottom line is this, if you could prove to me that there's no waste in any sort of governmental spending, I want to cut out waste in military. I want to cut out waste in everything everything. I don't want it in any way, shape or form. Cut social Security benefits because those are earned benefits. We can push forward the retirement age for a couple of years because people are living longer.
Speaker 8: So there's things we can do for people who aren't laborers. I think for someone who's a laborer their whole life, I still think sixty five is the age.
Speaker 2: You know, well people also at the age of sixty five, they don't They can retire as a laborer, and then they can get they can get other jobs. The bottom line, Susan, is there's only so much money that we have. We have a federal debt of thirty seven trillion dollars. Just look at it.
Speaker 8: Trillion in tax cuts would help. Why does like eight hundred What I'm saying to you is, why does eight hundred billion tax in Medicaid cuts help? But two trillion in tax cuts down't?
Speaker 2: Do you know what our GDP is every year in America.
Speaker 8: It's been in the.
Speaker 2: Upper twoes, right, It's about twenty six twenty seven trillion dollars. So we are now in what we normally used to think of as central American government, territory, banana report, look, territory, tax, everything everything in America. Okay, you contact your way out of this. Okay, But it's a part of the puzzle.
Speaker 8: It's definitely. Why can't it be a part of it?
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: What do you let me ask?
Speaker 8: Why are medical cut?
Speaker 2: Here's part of it, Susan, here's a question for you. Okay, what's your the top marginal rate B in the United States? Give me the top marginal tax.
Speaker 3: Rate thirty nine.
Speaker 2: It will go back to thirty nine percent, So that's the top You think you're going to tax your way out of thirty nine percent?
Speaker 4: You really?
Speaker 8: Well, but I think I think that's going to.
Speaker 2: Okay, a what and at what point do you apply the thirty nine percent? And what point does thirty nine percent kick in ten million dollars twenty million?
Speaker 8: I have to look at historically where we used to apply it.
Speaker 2: That used to be the rate it used to They used to have rates back in the nineteen fifties. They were confiscatory of like ninety one percent.
Speaker 8: Yeah, going back that far.
Speaker 2: Well, that's that's the truth. And you know who lowered those tax rates? I named Jack Kennedy. I need Jack Kennedy anyway, Hey, get the number. We can talk more. Keep calling the show. We got away from the bromance a little bit, but that's okay, okay. Just taxing. That's the hell out of everybody. And you'll be able to tax your way out of this. You won't.
Speaker 8: Well, I just think people who have medical care are more likely to be able to work, don't you. I mean, I think we have it backwards if we're trying to say, you know that you need to work to get medical I think medical care helps people get work.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But what I'm saying is I'm not again, Susan, you're assuming that I want people to or said that I somehow want people to work while while they're sick. That's not at all. I want to make sure the money that we have, whatever money we have, goes to people who actually need it. And I don't want people. There's a lot of people in this country because you can who who are getting checks from the government. Uh, and they need to work for a check. It's as simple as that. If you tell me that there's no fraud in America, I'm gonna I'm going to ask to be fraud.
Speaker 8: There's also fraud in and all the you know, the tax cuts that they do, and all the stimulus that they do, business stimulus, there's always you know, I.
Speaker 2: Mean, Susan, we just have a different view of the world, and we we will continue our conversation with the world. But I got to let you go for now, and feel free to get the correct line and I'll try to get you to somewhere we can find this wine. Okay, thank you very much. All right, don't hang out and I we'll talk to you. Okay. I got some wide open lines here. If you if you think like Susan, does that taxing people more? Tell me how much you want to get the top marginal rate to be one hundred and twelve Maybe that's maybe we could do that. We could charge people one hundred and twelve percent of the money that they make every year. How would that be? Okay, that's the problem with America right now.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: And the problem is that the Republicans have an opportunity now to put something together and they are failing miserably at it. Six one seven, two, five, four ten thirty six one seven, nine three one ten thirty What would you like to see the top marginal tax rate. And at what point do you want to kick it in? Do you want to make the top marginal tax rate, Let's say eighty five percent? How would that be? And we and we kick it in at fifty thousand dollars a year or one hundred thousand dollars a year. Bring it on, coming back on night side after this, all right, back to the phones we go six one, seven, two, five, four to ten thirty six one seven, nine three one ten thirty. Again, I'm trying to have a little fun tonight. Talk about the the Trump Elon Musk romance and has it ended? But we could talk about tax policy as well. Let's go to Glenn and brighton. Glenn, you're next on nice side, go right ahead.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this isn't why I call. But back House certain A is my favorite wine.
Speaker 2: That's good to know. How much does that cost?
Speaker 4: About ten bucks a bottle? It's it's a good point and it's not a city. It won't give you an acid reflux. They show it at the Boston Wine Exchange.
Speaker 2: That's good to hear. That's good to hear. That's not why you called, though, Glenn.
Speaker 4: Go right ahead, Well, no, I don't know, but I really disagree with brand Paul, but I do on this one. I want to take go, you know, I want to do a Trump wants to do well. I don't. I'm not on eon is Ewon. I'm not an Ewon side on this. That's you know this, what is it? Ton't want to build something? What is it called? Wonder Well?
Speaker 2: It's a literative President Trump has what he is characterizing as a a one big, beautiful film. Okay, and everything is thrown in there. And what has happened is that it passed the House by one vote, and I guess at least one member of the House is now saying they felt that they voted incorrectly. There was no margin for error there. And in the Senate when it got kicked over to the Senate, a bunch of the senators, including Rand Paul and Mike Lee, said, hey, this baby may not fly here. And so you have all of these competing interests. You have members of Congress Republicans from New York state and also other members you know, not many, but from Pennsylvania, Michigan, some of those Northeastern states who want to say, hey, look we have to give more deductions for state income tax payments because they're higher in these states my state, and for real estate taxes because they're high. Their cap now at ten thousand dollars, which means brilliant for President Trump. That penalizes people in places like Massachusetts, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Illinois, California. It doesn't impact people who live in places like low real estate tax states like South Dakota, North Dakota, Iowa, Wyoming, Oklahoma, Kansas, Nebraska. And so there's a there's a struggle, and the Republicans are finding difficult to to to reach a consensus on this. And if they don't reach a consensus, the average American voter is going to say, well, you had your chance, you blew it. Let's give the let's give the other, the Democrats another chance.
Speaker 4: I'm afraid.
Speaker 2: Well, that's the way it works. And if the Republicans aren't smart enough to figure that out, they don't deserve to be in positions of authority in my opinion.
Speaker 4: Oh, I hate to give the devil as due, but the Democrats know how to play smash mouth football. I think what happened, I.
Speaker 2: Think what I don't think it's football. I think what they do is they have a game plan, and they go on and they execute the game plan.
Speaker 4: And I mean and and and they.
Speaker 2: Work as a team and and and it's not like hurting cats. Bernie Sanders is an avowed socialist. But Bernie understands that he doesn't have the votes in the Democratic Caucus, of which he technically is. Remember, even though he's an independent, he doesn't have the votes.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: And so throw enough into into any tax build for the Democrats, and everybody's got a little piece of it. Everybody's happy, and they all vote the Republicans.
Speaker 4: They trying to say, I'm trying to say, the Republicans play cloquet. It's like right now they're in a position to do something and not just you know, instead of the circular firing squad that they're doing well.
Speaker 2: If if people haven't noticed days of coming off the calendar, and what happens is as time goes on, they go off more quickly. They've already wasted February, March, April, and May, and they haven't had much right now.
Speaker 4: So I know it depresses me.
Speaker 2: Don't be depressed. Don't be depressed. There's other things to be depressed about.
Speaker 4: I know, I just I just don't want to. I want eight years of jd vance after Trump going. I don't want, you know, the Gems to come back with somewhere like a Tamla.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 4: I just I don't think.
Speaker 2: I don't think the fuller Vice president has much of a political future, in my opinion. Shot a shot at it and it didn't work. I think the Democrats are going to move in a in a different direction. They're probably going to try to get to the center. I don't think that Tim Watts is the future of the Democratic Party either. I think that there's some governors who will who will emerge. I would predict that the nominee in twenty twenty eight will be a good credit governor. Uh, and probably for me West belt Or.
Speaker 4: I'll vote for Gail King before I vote for ten Walls.
Speaker 2: All right, I'll let you run. Thanks, Thanks planning, be well, be well talking to Okay, send Jordan Rich a little email if you get a chance.
Speaker 4: Okay, I can't do it. I don't have an email.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, okay, whatever, just send him good wishes then, okay, thanks thanks to playing Jeff, great night, Okay, Uh, let's finish it up here. I gotta take a break. I got Ken and Waltham, I got some open lines. Come on six one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty. You guys are creative. Six one seven, nine three, one ten thirty. Give me a call. Is the Trump Musk romance over again? I I expected more humor from my audience tonight on this. I wasn't looking at it as the most important issue of the week.
Speaker 1: But that's okay.
Speaker 2: Uh, feel free. We're coming right back Nightside. Let's light it up now so I can get everybody in before the midnight hour back on. We got about thirty, maybe twelve minutes left. We're coming back on Nightside.
Speaker 1: It's Nightside with Dan Ray on Boston's news Radio.
Speaker 2: There's another big story that's just been brought to my attention. We're not going to talk about it in any detail, but I want you to know that I do follow. And I want to thank a friend of mine who sent this to me. Associated Press reporting tonight that President Trump is now moving to block US entry for foreign students planning to study at Harvard University. And this is out of Washington. President Trump is moving to block nearly all foreign students from entering the country to attend Harvard University. His latest attempt choked the Ivy League school from an international pipeline that accounts for twenty five percent of the student body. In an executive order signed Wednesday just tonight, Trump declared it would jeopardize national security to allow Harvard to continue hosting foreign students on its campus in Cambridge, Massachusetts. He writes in the order, I've determined that the entry of the class of foreign nationals described above as detrimental to the interest of the United States, because, in my judgment, Harvard's conduct has rendered it unsuitable and to be an unsuitable destination for foreign students and researchers. Trump wrote in the order, it's a further escalation of the White House's fight with the nation's oldest and wealthiest university. If ed to quoted in Boston block the Department of Homeland Security from barring international students at Harvard last week, Trump's new order invokes a different legal authority. We will be looking at this tonight and I'm sure talking about it tomorrow. Let me go next to Ken and Waltham. Ken, you were next on Nightside. Thanks for checking in.
Speaker 5: Go right ahead, Ken, Dan, I don't think there ever was a romance between Trump and Mosque. I think they just saw ways to to take advantage of each other and they did and now they're off end up going their separate ways.
Speaker 2: Okay, So so you think that it was a it wasn't a marriage, but it was a relationship of convenience.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean Trump got two hundred and fifty million dollars and Musk got to go after, you know, agencies that were investigating him and dismantled them. So it worked out for them both.
Speaker 2: Well, if it could be proven that Musk actually was able to go after agencies that were investigating him or his companies, he may have potential legal problems, both both at a federal and maybe even at a state state level.
Speaker 5: Yeah maybe, I know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Well, I'm just saying, you know that you got to be that's a strong allegation. What what agency did he did he seem to go after in your in your opinion.
Speaker 5: Well, USA was investigating Starlink and afterwards conflicts of interest between Musk and I guess it was maybe you know, the Ukraine deployment of Starlink terminal.
Speaker 2: He provided Starling to Ukraine. As I understand that at a time during the war with Russia, which was instrumental in allowing Ukraine to continue in the fight.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yeah, I don't. I don't really know a lot about.
Speaker 2: It, to be honest, as I say, I just I just didn't know if there was something. But thank you for raising that is something we'll have to monitor. Hopefully he will that he that's not something he did meaning and it was not something he did that tried to use his position is voluntary one hundred and thirty five day position to benefit his own company. I mean, I think you're if he's that stupid, he's walking into federal indictment territory in my opinion.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I mean I know there's yeah, and there's an article in Newsweek. I think it's back in February. In fact, yeah, I just found it's February sixth, twenty five talking about this. So again I don't I don't know if it's true or not either.
Speaker 2: Ye, problem, that's fine, that'll be fine, we'll be fine. Well, you know, I'll keep an eye on it. I'll read the piece. Ken you You've always have been somebody who who has a keen observational ability, and so if I missed that article, and it's something I should be aware of. Keep me posted, Okay, Hi, sure will, thanks LL, thanks LL, appreciate good night. Let me go next to ken uh Tim in Wuober and I got to Tim's here, Tim and Woober and Tim, you're next on nightside, goright ahead.
Speaker 7: I damn you taking my call.
Speaker 2: You're welcome.
Speaker 7: I think that I think I call it the romance between Elon Musk and President Trump Arova.
Speaker 2: So you think it's over, huh yep, Well what's.
Speaker 7: Been going on lately in the last week or so? You know what the both of them say, And I think it's old.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, it certainly has sounded as if it had reached the end of the line, that is for sure. Well, we'll have to see. It's going to be interesting if this piece of legislation, which just barely passed the House, is going to have to be reworked in the Senate. The Speaker today said there's not enough time to do that. They've kind of backed themselves into a time corner here that they they fritted away, as administrations often do. They fritted away days in February and March and April, and now they find themselves in June, and the calendar will be closing in a lot more quickly than they realize.
Speaker 4: You're right.
Speaker 7: If I canna say one thing you said to me a couple of times, when you say to your college, tell all your friends about Nightside. I'm told about five or seven friends of mine about Nightside, and I say they're not a call.
Speaker 2: Excellent, that's good. We'll always we love our regular calling that we love new callers. You got it, Tim is always Thank you my friend. We'll talk soon, thanks.
Speaker 4: Much, thank you. Dan.
Speaker 2: All right, pal, we have a great nice We'll go from Tim in Wooburn. Was that a two minute warning? I think I just heard two minute warning? Okay, Tim, and winter Tim, I got about a minute for you. You go right ahead. You called late, but I got you on go ahead to Okay.
Speaker 9: I'm going I'm moving to Phoenix. Not Phoenix, but Tucson. My cousin lives there, and I'm gonna move from November first. They got a duplex apartment for five to fifteen month, really nice location. I'm going back to see it and I'm coming back in May.
Speaker 2: And Okay, so you're not a movie, You're just you're gonna winter in Arizona, which is the thing to do if you don't like New England winters. Well, I'm jealous of you now at this point.
Speaker 9: Fifty five eighty five in the winter, and it's eighty five to one hundred five by one hundred and five with thirty nine due points like eighty five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I hear you, I hear you. Well, good for you, Good for you.
Speaker 9: I'm happy to know that I'm gonna be bad back and forth. But i have to leave November first, and I'm coming back on May around May first.
Speaker 2: Let me mark that on my calendar right now. Tim So marked it down here.
Speaker 9: And now I got a question real quick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes you can, Yes you can.
Speaker 9: What do I what are the dark right now?
Speaker 2: Radio WBZ Radio WBZ ten thirty. You call me up privately. I'll call you back and I'll tell you exactly how to do it. But I'm flat out of time.
Speaker 4: Tim So, I can't.
Speaker 9: I'll call you tonight. I know you can call me back. I don't know what of them.
Speaker 2: Give me a call tomorrow, okay, Rob will give you my direct line. Rob, give Tim my direct line. Got to run it is no, don't hang up, yep, no problem. Okay, done for the night, everybody. I want to thank Rob. I want to thank Shane is back there tonight as well, so we get we double delta tonight. Good good job. I both want to thank Marita. Want to thank all the callers, first time callers and regular callers and all the listeners. Thank you so much. All dogs, all cats, all pets, they all go to heaven. That's my pal Charlie Rays who pass fifteen years ago. That's where all your pets are who have passed. They loved you and you love them. I do believe you'll see them again. See you again tomorrow night or nightside. I'm gonna do a very quick nightside postgame, very quick, so be there to B Square. I got some things to do tomorrow and I gotta get some sleep. See you guys tomorrow night, everybody, and I'll see you on Facebook tomorrow afternoon