Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI AM six forty, The Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: The big story of the day is the second attempt at assassination on former President Trump. The details that came out today after this guy was charged in federal court with weapons violations. According to the unsealed affidavit that was in court today, they believe that this guy spent as much as twelve hours in that area around Trump National Golf Course before he was shot at by US Secret Service agent who witnessed the barrel of the rifle coming through some shrubs near the golf course. We know that the acting director for the Secret Service, the one who took over after the previous director resigned because of the previous assassination attempt. The interim director acting director is in Florida today and is apparently, if he hasn't already, supposed to be meeting with former President Trump at Mara lage Go. And then a news conference is scheduled they say for one o'clock hour time, so just less than an hour from now. The Secret Service and the FBI and other law enforcement organizations are expected to give updates on what we know about what more specifics perhaps about what exactly happened yesterday and how it is that they were able to catch this guy on I ninety five in the neighboring county before he got away.
Speaker 1: What else is going on?
Speaker 3: Time four? What's happening five?
Speaker 2: Well, weatherwise, the shift to cooler temperatures has definitely been helping the firefights. The three large southern California wildfires that are out there have slowed significantly and that has allowed a cruise to cut some fire line around him. So Bridge Fire fifty five thousand acres eleven percent containment, Line Fire thirty nine thousand acres forty two percent containment, and the Airport Fire twenty three almost twenty four thousand acres and thirty one percent containment.
Speaker 1: So the snow is good.
Speaker 2: Snow is very good, and in fact they are expecting snow potentially in Yosemite. The National Weather Service issued its earliest snow advisory in the last twenty years over the weekend for some of the areas around the Sierra Nevadas three while these three fires are burning here. Obviously, this would put a damper, hopefully on whatever fire season ramps up. You know, the fall tends to be a very very dangerous time for fires because they've we've had all summer for all of the fuels to dry out and then the winds of course pick up late September October.
Speaker 3: Some of the bigger fires have been even in December.
Speaker 1: So more human remains have been found at that nudists compound. This is the home of Michael Sparks. He was the one arrested on suspicion of murder last week and with that elderly nudist couple. They say they're in their fourth day of an extensive search of his property at the newdest Resort. They have recovered additional remains, not just seventy three year old Stephanie and seventy nine year old Daniel.
Speaker 2: I can also connect human remains to a fire. Investigators in San Bernardino County said they found skeletal remains off the highway and running springs. They believe that they were in the area simply because of the fires in the area, and they said they were ultimately determined that they were in fact human remains that of course will bring out the coroner, but that they don't believe it had anything to do with the fire, the line fire that is burning in that area.
Speaker 1: Did you see the forty nine er Vikings game. I did not because I was busy with the Chargers game here in Carolina, but I did watch the low lights after the game. And my favorite play of the entire game as a failure on the forty nine ers behalf, but the ref that runs faster than the forty nine ers secondary.
Speaker 2: That was pretty amazing all we have. I saw that video. It was a really long play, was it was to Justin Jefferson?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: It was, yes, a really long play, And you got, I.
Speaker 2: Mean, these the majority of those those officials in the NFL.
Speaker 3: This is what they do, and.
Speaker 1: They're all in great shape because I have to be yeah, and I see them and they're all built like brick s houses and they are fast, and but you don't see them out running the secondary often. And like you said, it was a long pass play and he runs fifty yards at a full sprint right alongside of Jefferson.
Speaker 2: It was incredible, and it's made even more remarkable that he was kind of trailing the play and had to stop because the players were coming towards him and he had to make sure he wasn't going to be part of the play, and they said, he slams on the brakes and then goes zero to sixty in half a second to catch up to them again to finish the play as it goes towards the end zone. It was really incredible. We'll talk a little bit more when we get into mixtape Monday. Tito Jackson died at the age of seventy, the brother of Michael, of course, one of the original Jackson five, but also Tommy Cash, not Johnny Cash, Tommy Cash, Johnny's little brother, just died over the weekend. He had a recording career of his own.
Speaker 1: All right, our collective failures when we return, I think Jacob probably failed the worst.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's got to be hard to hear.
Speaker 1: Yeah, especially how close he is to menopause.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: I think if there's anybody here who's farthest the way, it's probably him.
Speaker 1: I know. That's why what was funny. I've gotten a lot of texts from women that are upset with you with me. Yeah, I don't even think you can say that word without drawing ire from women who aren't even close to that time.
Speaker 3: The winter, all of our bodies change.
Speaker 1: Everyone's body changes, everybody's body. I mean, look, what's happened to you?
Speaker 3: I mean, geez, it's like got hit by a truck.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe you hit the gym today.
Speaker 3: Wow, what are you going to do?
Speaker 1: I'm worried about your bone density.
Speaker 3: No, you're not. No, you're not, You're not.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to do anything. I'll probably go sit for the rest of the day.
Speaker 3: And just what have you been doing for the last three hours?
Speaker 1: I've been standing in the stretching.
Speaker 4: Look at you.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, better person. You have to announce it all the time. We are not going to start fighting on Monday.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, well wait till tomorrow. A couple of things to follow up on.
Speaker 5: Hi, Shannon and Garry. This is Jerry from Irvine and I just wanted to clarify something. All brothers and sisters stink each other. Yeah, it is to prevent insist. It's a natural phenomenon that a sister thinks her brother stinks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but there's no we're not related blood brother and I.
Speaker 3: But I would still bet that there's.
Speaker 1: A He just smells bad for everybody I think around him all the time.
Speaker 3: What a great sister, you know?
Speaker 1: I'm teasing and I'm kidding, and that's what little sisters do.
Speaker 5: Any mom that has a kid obsessed with Thomas at Tank Engine can also agree that Percy is.
Speaker 3: The bigger Bee of the entire Thomas universe. Just saying peace and love from San Diego. Thank you.
Speaker 1: I love peace and love.
Speaker 3: I love Percy being a little bee.
Speaker 5: Hi Shannon, Hi Gary, This is Larry here.
Speaker 4: I never knew that the three primary colors were red, blue and green. I always thought they were red, blue and yellow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Larry, when did we talk about that?
Speaker 2: We were talking about the lighting in your phone when we were talking.
Speaker 1: Oh, right, right, right, that's right.
Speaker 2: And when it comes to lighting, yes, it's it. I don't know why, but it's red, blue and green. When you learn art like primary colors in your in your painting or something like that, it's red, blue and yellow. Somebody who's smarter than me would know why. It's not exactly that in lighting, That's all I'll say. So, Yes, I was quarter the way right, not not all the way right. Well, tonight Monday Night Football is going to be your where to go, your Falcons against your Eagles for Monday Night football. Philadelphia needs a primetime slot apparently. But yesterday Chargers beat the Panther twenty six to three.
Speaker 1: Looked good, man, It was so much fun. It is night and day from last season. I got to tell you, you know, just looking at that at that Carolina Panthers sideline and seeing the struggles and the frustrations with that team sure reminded me of down the stretch last year with the very injured Chargers team and just everyone being frustrating and not wanting to play and put their body on the line for what you know is going to be a losing season. And I saw a lot of that over there at Carolina, and there they're going to have problems for years to come. I mean, they haven't been good for years, but they are not going to get better anytime soon. The Chargers, on the other hand, there were a lot of seasons where this would have been a twenty to nineteen game where you would see a team play up or down to whoever they're facing, And for a while, the Chargers did that. Not anymore with this regime change, the attitude and the culture is just different. Not for one chance, not for one second yesterday did I think the Chargers would lose that game, and all I thought about up until this season is how are the Chargers going to lose this game? They're up twenty eight to nothing in Jacksonville. Still didn't feel secure with that, and there was a reason why they went on to lose that game. And that was just kind of the feeling. And I felt none of that yesterday. I felt none of that in Raider Week one. And it's just really nice. Now there's a huge test ahead. We're going to Pittsburgh. That's a very physical team. This team Chiefs week, Chiefs Week. Yeah, Chiefs at home. But you know this is a really physical team as well. It's a harball Roman, pound the rock, run the ball.
Speaker 3: Be physically.
Speaker 1: It's rewarded on defense. Hit hard, wrap them up. But the problem with that sometimes, and this is where I get a little bit nervous, is you can't play that physical and not have injuries. Yes, and that's what makes me concerned. But I'm loving to say I love to see it. I love the physical play. Did you pull that sound, Jacob?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've got talking about JK. Dobbins And as he was as he was going in to score a touchdown, did a flip.
Speaker 3: At the end.
Speaker 1: So here's the thing about JK. He is a guy who the tag injury prone is squarely on his shoulders. He tore his achilles in Week one last season. This is a new chance for him. I mean he tore his acl I think in twenty twenty one and came back. So he's kind of like the comeback king right now, right And last week Week one, you're like, how's he going to do? And he exploded for like one hundred and thirty five yards rushing, and he had two huge chunk plays where he just got a little shy, ran out of gas and a little shy of the end zone. So this week he talked about how he spent a bunch of time conditioning and that if he got a chance again with one of those long runs, that he was going to take it to the crib. So when he did yesterday, he flipped front flipped into the end zone.
Speaker 4: Wow, that's something I've never been able to do. I know people can do it, you know, rather easily. Something always tried to do. Uh what rehears to try to do. I mean, I've tried to flip off a diving board into water. I've tried to do it. Off of a trampoline. I mean only tried it once off to just the ground like he did it, and uh, pretty much every time I for some reason I stop mid mid turn. So uh yeah, just cool. Cool.
Speaker 3: I've always my.
Speaker 4: People that could could do that. That's something I'm missing, not getting that last part of yeah, part of it.
Speaker 3: That's the problem.
Speaker 1: Jim Harbaugh Man, you can tell he played because he limps. I mean he looks kind of like a broken body moving around. Yeah. The idea that he exactly like Phil Jackson, the idea that he could do a front flip is hilarious, and that's just his mindset of him thinking, well, of course I could do one. I just got to figure out that last hurdle. One more thing about JK. Dobbins. By the way, there's a picture going around circulating of him as a little kid, maybe six years old, wearing an LT jersey. This this this kid right now, first player in Chargers history with at least one hundred rushing yards in each of the team's first two games, the last person to do that, the only other person to.
Speaker 3: Do that LT. Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he actually leads the NFL right now.
Speaker 3: That's pretty good.
Speaker 2: Great company, Jacob, did we have any winners this week for a guest fantasy for?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Everyone everyone lost at least one of those you picked good games, Jacob.
Speaker 3: Oh did I?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: We shouldn't be.
Speaker 1: Going for and O.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you mean that. Actually, I think you know, I do.
Speaker 1: I think that's a signing difficult.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, it should be difficult. Now, how did you do?
Speaker 1: Jacob?
Speaker 3: You know how I did?
Speaker 1: I forget?
Speaker 6: I forgot, I forgot already. My text messages say, otherwise you're that person you're going after Jacob.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, he goes after me when I don't do so well, what family does, what family does?
Speaker 3: Rebuild is finally coming to fruition my rebuild.
Speaker 1: I won the league last year.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I know, finally happened, careful, finally happened after five years of rebuilding.
Speaker 3: How do we all do?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 3: You at one rafts?
Speaker 1: Okay? You went one in three? Yeah, so you're basically the Panthers. You're basically the Panther.
Speaker 3: No, I'm knocking on the door.
Speaker 6: Don't worry.
Speaker 1: We've got to make a quarterback change with you.
Speaker 3: I was two and two, two and two.
Speaker 1: I think I was two and two as well.
Speaker 2: Strong start week start, but hey, yeah, like you said, WE two is always a craft shoot always.
Speaker 3: You've been listening to the Gary and Shannon Show.
Speaker 2: You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app