Speaker 1: Hey, before we get started, be sure to head over to ham Radio two dot com forward slash email Dash sign up to join my email list of over nineteen thousand subscribers, where I like to send emails about upcoming events, upcoming shopping deals, keep you updated with all the stuff going on with my videos. Once that list reaches twenty thousand, I will be doing a giveaway of another HF Radio sign up today and thank you for the support. Okay, we're going to transition here over to the live stream. I mean, Gilmour wants this All Star link ball to go home. That's good. That's good.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 1: Don't you like your home? It's your home? So all right, guys, thank you for joining tonight, and we're gonna do yea more all Star stuff tonight.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: Marty logged into everything. We've got it connected, I got putty connected, I've got this, I've got this. So hopefully it will be, you know, kind of all good and we'll get right through it. Actually, you know, I was talking to Freddy just right before we went live. Just go ahead and bring you on there, Freddy. I'll get you unmuted there. What's up man?
Speaker 4: Oh, hanging in there? Brother, how are you good?
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh, well we'll see I guess I will tell yeah, uh yeah. I mean if this works, it should be pretty quick. It shouldn't take very long at all.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all go pretty quick if when hitches and you know, I don't foresee any but hey, you know, my live not always the greatest.
Speaker 1: I know it. Yeah, So I spun up the let's see right here, let me turn that off. I spun up the Uh, we're gonna spin up a new server here in a minute. Well, the new server spun up, it's just nothing on it. So I connected to my through my truck node, and we're connected to four three one three, which is our all star hub. Right there. You can see all the connections that that has right right now. It's actually more than that. Let me move that screen down a bit. There we go. And so I'm gonna pause this here in a second. So you're gonna lose if everybody who's connected right now, you're gonna lose connection here in a few minutes when I pause it. Because I'm gonna pause one virtual machine or virtual private server, or one instance on the virtual private server, I should say, And then I'm gonna spin it and then we're gonna install it on the second one. That way, if anything goes badly or awry or typical of how my All Star live streams go, if anything happens, then we'll just shut down the new one and respin back up the old one and everything will still be there. So I'm not making any changes at all. We're doing this very DevOps change management. You know, above board, above board, We're gonna do that. So yeah, that's that's what we're doing tonight. What's up, Frank, what's going on?
Speaker 3: Not much, man, not much. We had an awesome live stream talking about these new hand radio Prepper peat books that came out, and h it was It was fun. It was fun. We did a pre recorded segment and it kind of worked out better. But he's gonna come back at some time again next year and we're gonna talk more about him.
Speaker 1: So he wasn't live on your channel just now.
Speaker 3: No, that was pre recorded.
Speaker 1: Oh oh okay, I didn't. I didn't cat at the top. No, No, I know, I know, I just I didn't get a chance to click on it. I was busy with inside. I just got out here like about twenty minutes.
Speaker 3: In Truths, he was busy up to the halfway point, and he was planned to come on after that pre recorded segment, but something life happened.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was like, yeah, that's fine, go ahead and do that. I'll just run this and have fun for the rest half hour. We did. Good.
Speaker 1: Okay. He sent me those books too. I'm actually gonna be talking about him on a video upcoming about because there they would make a really good Christmas gift for anybody with kids that want to get him interested in him radio and whatnot. So okay, good, good, good series, good series there, I think.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good deal man. Well thanks for joining, Frank. Good than a while. Glad glad to know that you still remember the address, Frank, because it's been a while since you joined.
Speaker 3: I missed what a Happy Hour and one live stream? Yeah, yeah, I do need to fix the happy hours because I'm kind of missing those because when I rewatching them, were listening to them on your audio podcast. I'm like, so fomo, I'm like there.
Speaker 1: What I Yeah, I'm gonna do one at the end of the month. I don't know when yet, so maybe the maybe the Sunday before Christmas something like that, Maybe the Sunday in between Christmas and New Year's. I'm not sure yet, So there's a we may. We we might. We might take a trip to Memphis after Christmas this year and hang out there for two or three days. We got a place out there we'd like to go this really close to Bill Street, and uh, there's a Texas Tech football game playing out there, which I don't care anything about, but my wife wants to go see that, So so we might do that. Because we can't go to Galveston this year, so we might go do that this year. I haven't we haven't decided one hundred percent yet, but that's what it's looking like right now.
Speaker 3: Maybe so forgotten how to drink on the live stream.
Speaker 1: There you go. Oh, let's see. Okay, see if that's yeah, that's fine, Okay. Shout out to YouTube channel members, everybody in green text in the chat don Escu in five s KT, I saw you in there earlier. Last comment see c RJ racing. Don says I was gonna get Frank another copy of those books because he was coloring outside the lines and he needs another shot color.
Speaker 4: That's good.
Speaker 1: That's good. Oh, somebody's talking on six stuff, but they're too far away from me to hear.
Speaker 3: Well, that's always good. I approve of that. But turn off that radio.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, well, I'm gonna give you guys a quick preview. Where is my let's see, I'm gonna make sure I've got my.
Speaker 3: Nope, oh, I forgot to say, well you're doing that. I'll just try some water. This week, I'm gonna be setting up my annual Christmas card holder or the arrow two in ten and behind me. So if you're sending out some Christmas cards and want to see it behind me.
Speaker 1: I want that. Yeah, that's good.
Speaker 3: I love doing that. That was always fun, just to keep getting the cards. Yeah, Christmas card holder, totally. That is my thing to do tomorrow. I want to do it today, but only have one kind of card, and I thought it would be a little lonely.
Speaker 1: Ly all right. For whatever reason, that camera is not working with this scene set up. But how do I how do I turn my camera? Oh you know what, I'll just I don't want to take it down though.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Interstellar Man. Four roades is my daily drink. This afternoon, Jason and I were enjoying some Eagle rare and enjoy the afternoon.
Speaker 1: All right, here we go so this is the new Jazu duel band. Oh so it's the FtM one R And the video on this posted my patrons last week and we'll be premiering on this channel tomorrow. So and it that that ASP technology is pretty slick. Josh was talking about that the other day and now, yeah, oh yeah, god, it sounds sounds pretty darn.
Speaker 3: What is the head attached to? Is it a is it an Ethernet cable or is it a proprietary.
Speaker 1: It's Ethernet, it's r J forty five. Ethernet is the separation cable.
Speaker 4: So a little bit of advice on that. On my FtM five hundred, I use the Internet cable to connect to my head, which works, you'll get me wrong. Yeah, Occasionally the channels will only go in one direction, no matter which way you hit on the microphone head. And if you reboot, it'll it'll pick back up again. Sometimes it'll only go one direction. I've heard John Cruk say over and over again. They're not the same. That'll be some kind of difference in the cable. You know how Ethernet cable has a certain twist ratio for every air. I'm betting their cable may be a little different. And that's the only thing I can think of. Yeah, but it will work. It just might glitch a little this.
Speaker 3: It could be a shielding. Also, I could be the sid their cable.
Speaker 1: More this one came with did not come with a separation kit or an extra cable, so you'd have to go buy it anyway. So they just get it, get the get the yazy one. I guess. I don't know. I haven't tried. I haven't tried to separate the head yet, but it is very reminiscent of the FtM five hundred head. How it's much larger than the body, although it's not as large as the FtM five hundred is.
Speaker 3: This might be important m M I seven d jt by here I could say it right, he says the cable is a crossover cable, not as straight ethernet Ooh.
Speaker 4: That's a good point right there.
Speaker 3: That could be an excellent point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that could be Uh it may also I don't know if it matters CAP five CAT six and all that as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it's not CAP five. That's not more cabling. It's just how they twist it.
Speaker 1: It's just how they twisted right, that's exactly right. Yeah, so but yeah, yeah, I do like the radio. It's working well. I've been monitoring six top five two. I had conversations with a couple of people while I was making the video, so that'll be in the video. Sweet, but that'll that'll be on the channel tomorrow.
Speaker 4: I'm curious, did you put channel labels on it yet or just frequency display?
Speaker 1: I just did the VFO. I just you know, we typed in the VFO and did that, So yeah, not yet, that might be upcoming. It has it. It has the round modular data port in the back of it, so it's got a data cable that they make for it that will interface with I guess with the Raspberry pile. Don't know. I haven't gone to look at the Yazu specified data cable yet, so I'll probably pick one of those up and may try to do some all Star stuff with it. I don't know, but but it has a data cable and it is full duplex.
Speaker 4: Nice ropping up.
Speaker 1: Open up the squelch on one side and key up the mic on the other side, and the squelch never misses a beat on the other side.
Speaker 3: So James James says, buying the official yeson cable costs as much as a four balf A pack.
Speaker 1: So like night so like nine dollars.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a bunch of guys talking about twist per foot. The difference is CAT five the Cat six. Yeah, but I think maybe the main difference would be the crossover straight. But let's let's get the topic, Jason.
Speaker 1: Let's get to the topic. Yeah, let's do this. Okay, Like I said, I think that it's gonna go pretty quick. There's some people on the All Star Hub right there, so all right, so let me go. I'm gonna go ahead and shut down the All Star Hub, which again is right here, K two n g X, So hopefully you guys are watching you don't just get your your conversation interrupt it there, but I'm going to pause this instance and because we're about to install this exact same node number on a new instance. So let me go here and I'm gonna go. Let me make sure I click on the right one, because I'd be bad if I didn't. Two years Yeah, that's right, shut off instance there. Please confirm you have selected shut off boom. Okay, so it is working and it's gone, and it's good.
Speaker 4: It's disconnected from my hub.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, so Superman still see stuff. It'll probably update here in a second. Okay, good, So that is okay, let's uh get this.
Speaker 5: Reconnected load there opened debian.
Speaker 1: Good. Okay. So we've got putty connected here now, which is right there, that Putty window. I'm gonna hide that for the moment, and then this is gonna be the instructions that we're gonna use here this Freddy, where do you? Where did you get this?
Speaker 4: I got most of it from a SL three's website. I just compiled stuff that we were going to be dealing with the.
Speaker 1: Most okay, okay, all right, okay, all right, So we're gonna install as L three on the cloud hub and we're gonna run through these commands here and that's how it's gonna go. So let's just let's just start doing this. See if super Superman still I bet if I refresh it, it won't.
Speaker 4: It doesn't refresh as fast as super much.
Speaker 1: It doesn't. Yeah, there it goes. Okay, now I just hit refresh on it. But yeah, it's a little slower, but that's okay. All right, let's uh let's see what we can do here. So uh we are at change directories to the temp folder. All right, and you guys can see that on the on the putty screen hopefully let me know if you can't.
Speaker 6: Got it?
Speaker 1: Okay, and pseudo, we're going to do a w get and that's uh. And we are running Debian twelve, so I guess that matters.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, you'll want the latest one anyway. Yeah, yeah, why.
Speaker 3: Did you choose Debian over like you boot to command and didn't ASL three did?
Speaker 4: Guys built this on on.
Speaker 1: The package and there's there's on the on the on the dream host sir or there's several flavors to choose from, but a bootoo's primarily there might be inn a bootu in there. Actually I'm not sure. Probably, I know. The only thing I've ever used a bootu for is their desktop version. But they they do have a server version, but pretty yeah yeah, so okay, all right, let's get that, all right. So I ran a w get of the repo dot allstar link dot org public a s l a p t repos W twelve and uh. Then I ran a d package DPA dp kg dash I a s l app repos dot WN twelve and now I'm gonna do a pseudo app update. Yeah for that. There we go. It might take a second.
Speaker 4: Nope, it done there okay fast.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah. Now the packages may be installed and updated directly from the all Star link package. So the pseudo app up install as L three.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: This will put ASL three on your WN twelve. Right.
Speaker 1: Do you want to continue?
Speaker 4: Yes, this will be one of the longer parts of it. It's not well, it's just it's got a lot to download and unpack.
Speaker 1: Ah okay, Chris says, I've got everything. I've got everything to do in All Star Node. What DMR radio should I get? Well, you don't need a DMR radio to do all Star first of all. Just want to make that clear. You can do it, but all Stars analog, so you can use any analog radio to control and connect to and talk on your All Star Node.
Speaker 3: Oh my chat froze. Wow that's anyone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, that's that's fine.
Speaker 4: When most d m R radios will do analog as well.
Speaker 1: But yeah, most DMR radios will do analog. So you know, my my friend, you know that new D one six eight that any Tone just released is nice. It's only two hundred bucks. My eight six eight UV two eight seven eight UV two plus is still my favorite. It does a lot of APRS stuff and whatnot.
Speaker 4: So does a PRS receive it's the GPS Bluetooth. I'm still on the the eight seven eight Gen one. I don't have that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the GENT two, the Gen two will do APRS transmit as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, mind us does APRS transmit it, just that didn't do receive it first. But it's oh, okay, now the latest firm ware upgrade.
Speaker 1: Yeah, kind of.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's not exactly, it's not.
Speaker 1: It's not the greatest APRS experience with the any tone it does work. Yeah, it's just not the greatest APRS experience. So mm hmm.
Speaker 5: Interesting.
Speaker 4: But when you hold an anatne DMR radio, it feels like a radio.
Speaker 1: It's it does. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've dropped it enough times to testify to that.
Speaker 3: I am going to agree on that one. It is tank Radio Durable.
Speaker 1: Approved, Tank radio approved. The red of US RT three s with open GD seven to seven firm where I've heard a lot of people talk about that I need to try that. I haven't tried the yeah open GD seventy seven firmware yet, but had.
Speaker 4: A radio coming in just a few days ish that Well, it's the mail thing seventeen oh one A. If it doesn't have open GD seventy seven on it already, I'm gonna put it on it for a video. But you can get a lot of those now pre loaded with open GD seventy seven. Really, yeah, I have to do that. Yeah, they're kind of cool. A lot of folks are using them, well one of them. One instance is that he could turn the power down to milliwatts.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, Well that's that's good. Yeah, that's really good if you're using a hot spot and close by and save your battery life. So okay, that looks like that finished, let's put that off. It's important to note that the new packaging format will allow for easy automated updates of kernels through the standard app upgrade process. No longer any reason to hold back kernel upgrades on ASL three. Okay, uh, following package also available ALLMOND three and ASL node list updator.
Speaker 4: And that's what that next line will do. Okay, it's a it's a It just kind of streamlines the effect of updating your node list your ast dB dot text file.
Speaker 1: Okay, brings down that Okay, And there's a supermant option there down there too. So are you what do you are you using all mind or supermannors? I use all Scam.
Speaker 4: I use all three. Actually, uh, really install allmond three because there's some dependencies in there that really help out with a SL three. So and I do use it. I don't use it that much. I use it more on my cell phone more than anything, because it's very dynamic when it resizes itself very well on a cell phone, so that you can manipulate it well.
Speaker 1: Where doesn't Yeah Superman doesn't seem to do that. Yeah, that's true. Okay, I was gonna install it anyway. I just I just wonder what you were using. So okay, so let's go pseudo s okay, and in CD temp that's where we were anyway.
Speaker 4: Did you do the pseudo app to install a SL three update node list? Oh?
Speaker 1: No, I missed that one. Okay, yeah, yeah, let me did you look at the bold headers?
Speaker 3: Have you already linked where these instruction sets are?
Speaker 1: No? This is something Freddie wrote kind of put together himself, but it's it's kind of uh, but it is on the ASL website. All start link.
Speaker 4: All this information is yes, because the whole section for a WAN twelve install, which is the same as a cloud install just depends.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, okay, all right, let's do that again. And we're already in the tempt directory, so we're going to do a w get of the repo ASL app Repo W twelve.
Speaker 4: Now a lot of this may seem repetitious, but it's always worked for me, so I always do it again.
Speaker 1: That's fine.
Speaker 4: It doesn't take long, no, because it may just go ahead and tell you that everything's up to date once. Yeah, a lot them, but it's always good to have what we.
Speaker 2: Need, okay. Pseudo app.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a couple of things there, Okay, okay, good, and now installing all month three. Pseudo app install All Month three.
Speaker 4: Yes. I never used Almond a lot at all because I only used ASL version once before. But the new Almon three is they've already updated it a few times and edited some feature. It's not got every feature I wanted to have, but it's very very aesthetically pleasing, I should say, But it is functional as well.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's just it's just your whatever your IP is, slash Allmond instead of Slash Superman, right, Allman three? Is it? Allmond three in there.
Speaker 4: Yep, all right, if we were doing a Raspberry Pie version. I don't know if you've seen that video or not, but you burn that image in with the Raspberry Pie imager, and you can build a local host name to go right to, and you can go to their cockpit where you can configure an onboard firewall. It kind of gives you some double security there, but ah, okay, version just it's nuts and bolts.
Speaker 1: Right, all right, pseudo asl menu and there we go. That's what you see. Okay.
Speaker 4: So now you want to set up your your four three, one, three six node, right the very first one.
Speaker 1: All star nodes set up, yep.
Speaker 4: The very top one in there. A lot of this will look very familiar to you.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah yeah, enter the node password. That's a good question, all right, So we're gonna go dig that up real quick.
Speaker 4: And it may not ask that password, just fyi. It may not what masket you may It may be in the in the clear, so you may want to be off screen when you're typing that in.
Speaker 1: Gotcha, Okay, that's fine.
Speaker 4: Let's see you gotta Once you type that in and you come back out of that menu, it may be showing again, so just be aware of that.
Speaker 1: All right, that's fine. We'll get a.
Speaker 4: Really host poor Jim in their life stream.
Speaker 1: That's good.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, Node settings okay, all right, so there's my password there?
Speaker 1: Ye, all right, so switch back over there. Hot Spot have duplex with courtesy tones.
Speaker 4: That's what we want, right, Nope, doing a cloud hub. We want to go down and with no radio, with no radio. I want to do full duplex on the next menu. Well maybe it's not the next menu.
Speaker 1: K C five hw B.
Speaker 4: All Star nodey, go ahead and restart asteris there on number two?
Speaker 1: Okay? Oh yeah, it says needed.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I love those little cues they put in too.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Right, all right, let's see did you hit enter?
Speaker 4: I didn't see it not yet.
Speaker 1: There there goes. So let's start ASTERI.
Speaker 4: Let's go back to All Star Node set up menu. I want to make sure you're on full plex. Hit update.
Speaker 1: And oh yeah, see that's the that is the password.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sorry about that, but no, it's no, it's fine. You set for number well, I don't know if it shows the numbers or not, but you want it for full duplex.
Speaker 1: It's the duplex type is two.
Speaker 4: That's it. That's the one you want, Okay, Okay, that's the.
Speaker 1: One you want.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, Uh back.
Speaker 4: Then you're in the clear on your password or bubbah, yeah, okay, I just want to make sure you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna I'm gonna actually.
Speaker 3: It was just put it in there.
Speaker 4: What I love that they're so easy to change.
Speaker 3: Last we're Discovery coming in three two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just uh, yeah, I I'm gonna go in here. Let's see where am I gonna go? Yeah, it's it's easy to change, so I'm gonna go change it right now. I just changed it to see if it would take any time. I was like, no, it didn't take any time at all. So uh, let's see, I'm gonna make up something.
Speaker 6: Yeah that'll work.
Speaker 1: Okay, just like that. And now we've got to go back to putty and uh somehow right, we're gonna change the password because because yeah, because it's it's gonna want to well.
Speaker 4: The Putty password should just be your password to you.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, I mean I mean back into back into the node setup menu.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, because it's.
Speaker 1: Okay, update update update node no password. Yeah, I'm just gonna change that, right, here.
Speaker 4: So, Frank, is your node turned on? Okay, yes, you've got two of them far out. You've got a smokes Frank, Come on, man, I just used.
Speaker 3: The local repeater. It's literally down the road I hit into my house.
Speaker 4: Is it an all Star link enabled repeater? It's a DMR repeater and you can't talk. Oh well I could talk to you on the DMR repeater. I'm sorry. Yeah, yeah, it's gonna hook up to Frank one day and I'm like, his node is not on?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah he didn't. Yeah, he You know, we we did a kit build one time a couple of years ago, and Frank's, uh, something was wrong with the kit.
Speaker 3: I think, no, no, no, not wrong with the kid. Well, yes, there was one wrong.
Speaker 1: With there was the first one. Yeah, the first the first one. There was something wrong with the kid. And then N five s KT gave you his node and you still haven't ever connected to us, so you know, so you can't use that excuse.
Speaker 3: This was the one of the first bills I did duplex mm hm those I put the forty pin in backwards, so this part here was on top.
Speaker 4: Oh that makes it harder.
Speaker 3: I destted it and I had to order a new one and I put it on there, but it was never right after that.
Speaker 4: Another project for another day. Man.
Speaker 3: I enjoyed these, but I don't get a lot of practical use out of them. I see them usefulness when you're on driving and everything. But been to the d W area. I'm like, there's a DMR repeat over there. That's DMR repeat over there.
Speaker 4: You've got a lot of infrastructure around there. I don't have that.
Speaker 1: All right, So do we need to do something else or can we go back?
Speaker 4: And we can go back to the command line?
Speaker 1: Okay, the main menu, Okay, now we're going to the Superman section.
Speaker 4: We got to do a SL I mean we've got to do Almond three or did we do that already?
Speaker 1: We installed all month three.
Speaker 4: Okay, pseudo atmostall a SL three.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we did the a SL menu and then the Superman option is the next on your list?
Speaker 4: Okay, I'll tell you what. Let's yeah, let's just go ahead and change the directory to that user local spend. Okay, and we're gonna install this twice. There's a fresh install version and then there's a there's a new latest update version. But you can't do the latest update until you do the fresh install. Ah, the greatest update lets you put a line in your DTMF window. It's a long story, but it'll update. Seven point five is like right around the corner. And if you do this a little step, then it'll update with one stroke of the some commands we put in the DTMF window.
Speaker 1: So saving two Superman ASL underscore fresh underscore install. Okay, Okay, that's good. So I ran that first web geit command. Now I'm gonna do the ch mod okay, and then just.
Speaker 4: The word hash and I still don't know what that does.
Speaker 1: But what that does, but it does something.
Speaker 4: It does something.
Speaker 1: And now we're gonna do the Superman ASL fresh install correct.
Speaker 3: Okay hash command.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it gives it spits out a couple of lines there and it does something I don't think.
Speaker 1: Dude, tank looking Creators Channel.
Speaker 3: Kyle says, ye, uh my, what where he's at right now?
Speaker 1: Freaking where is he?
Speaker 3: He's inside the Star Wars studios in Disney. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm a bit of a Star Wars nerd myself.
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, we quest just share so I can well wait, I don't have to do that. Look at this, I'm going to just do it here, loop loop Chrome window reshare chrome window, select the right chrome window. That's not a chrome window. That's not the well I said I was going to be smart. Bamn, there we go. Make me bigger thang.
Speaker 4: It's cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's it's hard to see. Hold on, I can pin you pin.
Speaker 4: Yeah. It looks very authentic.
Speaker 1: It does. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all you need is a bunch of aliens playing music.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 4: Don't let the droids in the blue milk blue milk.
Speaker 1: Won if I go in there and shoot a green dude? If they're going to arrest me.
Speaker 4: He shot first.
Speaker 1: It's always always a trick to that's right. Okay, all tasks complete, all right, now you see now the after install those three yeah yeah, those three lines there.
Speaker 4: This helps the supermand get it's it's all star link database node updated correctly. This is what the sal three guys advised me to put in instead of that that kron job entry. This is kind of a dating service that gets added that does it on its own. It's supposed to be better, so so far has it hasn't hung me up?
Speaker 6: So so far?
Speaker 3: Now you're starting as a service versus a cron drop cron drops are meant to start things at a schedule time and pace a regularity. And that's that's why setting this up as a service, or there's another way to do it, the r C dot local. Right, you kick it off, but that local will kick it off you know when the system is still booting, and it can cause issues if it boots too early.
Speaker 1: All right, so we need to do this for the latest version of super Mon seven dot four plus.
Speaker 4: Yep, go ahead, and are you're still in user local spin yes, okay, then just get that next pseudo w get line for the latest update. Okay, this one will go buy a lot quicker.
Speaker 3: It says keep the library lightsaber ready, never know who's in there.
Speaker 4: And then yeah, I gotta c h modit and run another hash.
Speaker 3: Oh another good reason system D can recover from a crash. Mm hmmm, just like a window service.
Speaker 1: This is the latest update. Okay, Okay, that was quick. Okay, add this line in the rpt dot com functions stands up.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, so now uh go to uh pseudo And I don't know if you use nano or by I use nano?
Speaker 1: Is it in this directory?
Speaker 4: You can't know? Well, we're gonna type in the path okayry exchanged directories, uh, forward slash etsy, etc. Forward slash asterisk.
Speaker 3: Et cetera.
Speaker 1: Yeah, tab tab forward no spell that okay.
Speaker 4: Forward slash, RPT dot co n F. Now the RPT dot com and a s L three is structured differently than it's in handboid And I'm gonna do a video on this soon. I've been saying this for a while because it's very intuitive. But you want to go down to functions, which will be just a little waist down, but you'll see a stanza with the name of functions before too long.
Speaker 1: Are the stanzas in green? Are they all in green?
Speaker 4: They should be? But not all?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, okay, I do okay, functions. Yeah, we're there.
Speaker 4: So just go to the right of the word functions, to the right of that bracket and just hit the return a couple of times.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: Then just enter that line that sm update equals command. You see that line, yep, just type that in.
Speaker 1: Okay, and.
Speaker 4: I think that's all we've got to do there. It's all we've got to do in there. So control x yes to save exit.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: So we're still in user local SBND correct Okay, now we're gonna change to another one. Let's go h C D. You see that var w w w html Superman in the in the document. Uh uh, this is where we're gonna set the Superman passage.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, I see that. Okay, Okay, now okay.
Speaker 4: So we're in that directory to do it.
Speaker 1: Okay. So so okay, so CD var.
Speaker 4: W w W slash html slash Superman.
Speaker 1: On Okay, we're there.
Speaker 4: Okay, then that will you see that pseudo ht password Type that line in but where it says user id. Just put in the user id that you want to use, like your call sign or admin just whatever username you want to use for logging into Supermond. Okay, but it's going to ask you for a password right after you do that. Okay, pretty sure. It's not going to be in the clear. It's some of them are, some of them aren't.
Speaker 1: Just don't want to We'll just we'll just turn that off real quick. So okay, so my username is what I type in this line at the very end of it, yes, right, and hit enter, and then it's asked me for a new password.
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 4: Uh, let's do think radio.
Speaker 3: Yes I approve, because nowhere will guess it.
Speaker 1: All right, so it it. It did mask it, so we're good.
Speaker 4: There good, that's good. Yeah, I tell you what at this point, let's do this and uh, let's reboot the entire nude for the cloud instance, what have you? Just reboot it?
Speaker 1: So pseudo reboot YEP.
Speaker 4: Dependent on the cloud service, mine musually takes about a minute. There's maybe way faster than mine. I don't know. Sometimes it just likes to think about it.
Speaker 1: For Yeah, that's fine, we'll just uh, we'll just rag che for a minute and then we'll yeah N five SKT got it. That's the password I said, pa s s W zero r D.
Speaker 3: While that's rebooting, there are a number of people commenting that you're already root and then you're doing pseudo and then sits here. Why but because we.
Speaker 1: Like it that well that's true. Yeah, it is. It is in there as well. It's I'm not logged in route, I'm logged in this Debian. Now Debian is a super user, but I still think I had to put s U space dash l to do to not use the pseudo command on this build, I think, and.
Speaker 4: When I did, I've done two installs of Debian twelve on little Lenovo machines here at the house and I use them for sandboxes for different all Star nodes, and they didn't they want to let your log in his route. You got to go in and put yourself in, and you know yourself to the pseudoors group. It's a it's a little bit of a thing. But a lot of the cloud installs, yeah, a lot of immerse by default. But you know, if you help others out with a dB twelve, a Debian twelve local installed, yeah, those pseudo commands will come in handy.
Speaker 1: Okay, So okay, so we're back now, So it's all good. The let's see this right here and turn putty back on so that the the the command line here has the dollar sign at the end. And I always get confused on which one is root and which one's not.
Speaker 4: I can't remember, and I want to say it's dollar sign, see the dollar sign or the pound sign, but.
Speaker 1: I think I thought the pound sign was rute, but I could be wrong on that. So anyway, if I give s U dsh L password, I don't know. I never said that. It's not going to let me do that because I never said I never said a password for for root. So yeah, I'm pretty sure. Yeah. Yeah, so it'll let me sueit you, but it won't let me root. All right. Well, I mean I'll have to go set a password for super user at some point, but that's not important right now.
Speaker 4: So I'll tell you what let's do. Uh, you want to go ahead and customize your Superman seven so that we'll go on there. Because back to that var www htmil Superman folder. Okay, we need two files that we've got to update. They don't do it automatically installed because Superman is not actually a product of all Star Link.
Speaker 1: Correct. Yeah, yeah, the Handvoy guys can that, right, And so okay, I'm back in that directory.
Speaker 4: Okay, Now you want to do a pseudo nano and let's start with almond dot I n I. All right, rap crap, crap crap. I'm telling we got to change. We've got to go back and do one more thing. So we've got to change the asterisk i x password. So let's do this, uh pseudo nano forward slash etsy mm hm forward slash asterisk a s T tab Yeah that's it, and slash manager dot co O n F. Now it's going to show a password. But we're going to change it. And okay, see that password is make for a nice something or other under.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh kay, make for a nice dash secret.
Speaker 6: Yep.
Speaker 4: So they call that out, turn on green and change that. This is serious server password.
Speaker 1: What will I use this for?
Speaker 4: You won't use it but once. But we're gonna type it into your Almond dot I and I so that Supermond can use it. And we're also going to change it in Allmond three dot I and I, so Allmond three can use it. This okay password to log into your Asterisk server which is always running in the in the core and in the background. Right, okay, done, Okay, So now we want to go back to and the pseudo nanovar www or actually let's just switch to directories to var I'm in.
Speaker 1: I'm in that directory now, so var www HTML, Superman, that's where I'm at.
Speaker 4: Pseudo nano Almond dot.
Speaker 1: I and I. Okay, are there.
Speaker 4: So now you see where it says third line down nodes equal. Yes, go down there and take out those two node numbers fas this is a single node set up up right, and type in four three one three six okay, and then that next stanza where it's one two three, four five, change it to four three one three.
Speaker 1: Six on the stands itself.
Speaker 4: Yes, be sure and put the end bracket in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yep, got it.
Speaker 4: Okay, see it's admin.
Speaker 1: Okay, see where it says pass equals yes, pass WD equals secret.
Speaker 4: Yet check out the secret and turn off the screen to us and put in that password. Would you just.
Speaker 1: Join the one I just typed? Okay, all right, I can do that, all right.
Speaker 4: Now, don't don't come back yet because I'm not do I need to do I need to do something else?
Speaker 1: Here? Is it ready to save?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 4: Hang on just a second, what'll follow along? Home? And I should have been ready, but I wasn't. That's all right back here, and that is super mon. Actually, there may be one more thing I do, so the.
Speaker 1: Q r z u r L for w naw. I'm gonna change that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: Let's see it's.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 7: We are in bar www dot html slash superman, oh my dot I and I do.
Speaker 1: We need to delete the second stanza is what?
Speaker 4: Yes? Or you can comment it out if either way, you can put a semicolon in front of each line for that second stanza and get it out of the way.
Speaker 3: I didn't know what he meant. I was thinking that could have helped you, but I decided not to say.
Speaker 1: Now, do I put a semi colon in front of the stanza, bracketed.
Speaker 4: Of the stanza, including the header.
Speaker 1: Including the header? Okay, I can do that.
Speaker 4: It's usually a lot easier than hitting backspace on all those lines.
Speaker 1: Right yeah, And if you ever want to come back and change it, it's there. I don't have to retype the whole damn thing. So yeah, okay, we're done. Okay, done, Yeah, that's comments it out.
Speaker 4: Now droll x yes to save and enter to exit. So we're done here. Okay, good and bring back your screen and let's go to pseudo nano global dot I n C I in c yep. Okay, okay. Now you see down there where it says call equals.
Speaker 1: Uh huh your your call sign?
Speaker 4: Put your call sign in there. This changes your supermand page makes it uh customized?
Speaker 1: Gotcha? Okay, name my name, I'm gonna put hand radio two point zero.
Speaker 4: You know, I still don't see every time where that name shows up, but you know, sometimes I'm I.
Speaker 1: Think it's down a well, it's super it's down at the very bottom. Right, you're very bottom and very small text it it's meaningless, is basically what it is. But at the top but the right yeah, anywhere, country, location, no limits, Texas, hey hus all right?
Speaker 4: Uh line header title I put on mine. You don't have to put it on yours. But I just put five eight one seven six, all star server and just yeah, pretty much anything. It's a free text field for customers.
Speaker 1: Sure, yeah, okay, background Oh there's okay, you can change the background image. You have to really have to hack hack that last one to do it. So okay, we got some.
Speaker 4: Real good That's another video for another day.
Speaker 1: But yeah, yeah, yeah, we'll do that later. I'm not going to do that right now. Uh, anything else.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna scroll down to get to that.
Speaker 1: Line node number two display if streaming audio, if archiving audio.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't think I changed those. Yeah, just yeah, there's two slashes in front of them. You're not going to see it anyway, But you want to go down.
Speaker 1: To that's true.
Speaker 4: Yeah, local zip and it's quite a ways down there. We want to put in your local ZIP code and that'll put the weather conditions correctly. On the top of the page. Towards the top of the page.
Speaker 2: Local.
Speaker 1: Oh there it is, I see it local zip. Okay, okay, we really have to do here.
Speaker 4: You can control x Y just to save an interdex. All right, done and back to the Okay, so let's do this for grins. Uh no, I'll tell you what. Let's go to I think we've got to go do our almond three so goes. We're going to change directory against so CD to forward slash ets etc. Ford slash almond three and hit enter.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Now we're gonna pseudo nano almond three dot I and I. Okay, before you scroll down, take us off screen. I don't know that it's your password yet or not?
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: Uh you want to go down to the admin uh no, I'm sorry. The node number section, I'm not sure if it's there. It may say nineteen ninety nine.
Speaker 1: Or yeah, there's the first one says nineteen ninety nine. Is there any Uh no, that's the only one.
Speaker 4: Okay, cool one. Then we're not going to bring it back. Uh okay, So scroll down to the very bottom. That's where it should be.
Speaker 1: Uh huh Okay.
Speaker 4: They uncomment the nineteen ninety nine and the next three lines under that.
Speaker 1: UH so host admin user admin and password is password.
Speaker 4: Right, so you're going to get that password to that asterisk password and we changed in manager dot com.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, I can do that.
Speaker 4: And then save it correct, save an exit. Okay, okay, there's one little step that's not on the uh I didn't put it on here and I don't know why. So go back. Yeah, you're at the command line. Type in pseudo system ctl all one word restart our space restart and then space almond three and hit enter.
Speaker 1: Done.
Speaker 4: Okay, Now do you know the IP address to that node?
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 4: Let's type it in and go slash almond three.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 4: We might have to reboot again, but I don't think we will.
Speaker 3: Well, we're kind of waiting for that. I like this question by Chris. Can you put the handclock as your background?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: That's an idea if you can. I don't know how to do that.
Speaker 1: It does not like that, Freddy. I think we should reboot.
Speaker 4: Check check your HTTP line and make sure there's not an S at the end.
Speaker 1: There is an S at the end. You do not want an s now pure secure continue.
Speaker 4: Ah, there it is there, it is. Let's give it a second.
Speaker 1: Okay, says all one three is not responding to requests for this node. Check server logs. Let me move that down a bit so it's easier to see.
Speaker 4: There, we go, refresh the page. Let's just see what happens. Okay, let's reboot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, let's reboot it.
Speaker 4: But it is always the best place to start. And if that doesn't get it, we'll go from there.
Speaker 1: Are we rebooting the entire node? Yes?
Speaker 3: Okay, it's done really on a warning.
Speaker 1: Or yeah, the night Bide keeps I don't know why it says these. So night Bide is a new plug in I've got. This will allow me to do giveaways. To type in the giveaway thing, Josh. This Josh was using on his live stream last week. He's like, it'll work for typing. So if I So, if I if I do a thing and I say, everyone type in the word tank, everyone who types in tank, and it'll I'll set that up in night Bot and then it'll tally up everybody and I'll click choose winter and it'll go through and choose a random winter. I've got some I've got some cool giveaways coming up starting next month in January. Oh cool, So we're gonna be doing some some cool radio giveaways starting in January. So yeah, it's I'm gonna look at that.
Speaker 3: I'm tired of jumping on the stream yard just to use their giveaway and when I have all my friends come in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, night Bot, It's it's free. I just set it up and you can set up stuff that.
Speaker 3: Uh uh seven thirty seven to three Radio just got put on warning for spamming all caps.
Speaker 1: Well, I think I think those guys are messing with it right now, right because I saw it come up and say something to Dawn and then Jody was like, I think it was Jody said, I'll typing caps if I want, So I think that was me. Oh that was you. Okay, Night, But I think you guys are just messing with it now.
Speaker 3: Well, I think I have a rent, so it's not gonna do anything.
Speaker 1: To be Yeah, it probably won't do anything to you since you're uh, since you're admin on it. Yeah, but let's see, I've got six timeouts so far today. Uh chat moderation. There we go. Express. You know what, I'm turning off the caps thing, guys, it's no longer on turned off typing caps all you want to you look like you're eighty five years old when you do that. But hey, I'm not here to judge. All right, so, uh, that's rebooted. We're back. I'm just gonna I'm just gonna refresh this page. Here.
Speaker 4: It's showing nineteen ninety nine.
Speaker 1: There it is. Yeah, it is showing nineteen ninety nine private, but it says now it comes up and it says it's connected. It says no connections repeat only.
Speaker 4: So let's go back to the command line and take another look at almond dot I and I and see what's up with that.
Speaker 1: Okay, And that's in the var.
Speaker 8: Www ets almond three okay. Let's see almond three yep three okay.
Speaker 4: And pseudo nano almond three dot I and I.
Speaker 1: Okay. It does say nineteen ninety nine. Right, Well, let's commented it.
Speaker 4: Out though, Well, don't go back up.
Speaker 1: Everything. Everything's commented out except for the last few lines. And right there the last line does say nineteen ninety nine.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, that's my fault. Change that that is my Okay, I think you won three six and we we're done. We're going to change the asterisk password again. But it's not a big deal.
Speaker 1: It's easy, so it is.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry. That's all right, and now we're gonna do a pseudo uh space system ctl mm hmm space restart space Almond three. Now go back to Almond three page and refresh it.
Speaker 3: Mum m hmm.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, K four three one three six Casey five h ship b M radio hub Grapevine.
Speaker 4: So okay, good check something out here. I thought I was locked in. There's my hub. So four three one three six.
Speaker 6: Brian, why not work in the city.
Speaker 4: I'm logged out, of course I am. And it's trying like not a feeling it's gonna fail, and it did.
Speaker 1: Why what are you feeling?
Speaker 4: I'm trying to connect to your node. Oh, your hub, and I gotta fail. So let's take a look real quick at all star link. See if you're in the stream. Yeah, into the.
Speaker 3: Do you mean to have the terminal?
Speaker 4: There you go, says you're online. The node is not reporting statistical data or it is authen.
Speaker 1: I just I just pulled up the page and it does not show me online.
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe mine.
Speaker 1: I just search. I just searched for my call sign.
Speaker 4: I went by your node number and it's showing you in green on my end. But that doesn't mean yeah, so let's do this while we're before we start troubleshooting everything. Let's change that in your browser, you know your browser address bar, change that all one three to supermand okay, let's make sure it's going to come up. Yeah, here's an important thing to note right here. Don't try to put your menu. Don't try to put your usual name and password in at this page. Don't ever try to do that. It won't take it. So go and choose.
Speaker 1: So you have you have to go choose the node, right, yep.
Speaker 4: Let's see if we're logging in.
Speaker 1: Do you want me to try to log into it?
Speaker 4: And let's try and log into it.
Speaker 3: Okay, well you tuck that out. Jason had no excess new drinking game every time see the password take a shot five dollars Canadian.
Speaker 4: So that's like.
Speaker 1: Works for me.
Speaker 4: It was it was worse over on the other last. Uh to you whiz?
Speaker 1: Okay, that worked. Yeah, I logged into it, So.
Speaker 4: I tell you what you do. Try to log into my hub from there.
Speaker 1: Uh, what's your number?
Speaker 4: Five seven six three three five. I'm sorry, yeah, five seven six three three five. Just make sure your outbound.
Speaker 2: Is working.
Speaker 1: Does not appear, so it doesn't.
Speaker 4: I didn't even a glip, So I'll tell you what this has got to be.
Speaker 2: All this.
Speaker 4: We did change our all Star link password at one point, did we not? We? We changed it in the software? Did we? R?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: Oh oh? Was it on a standard port of forty five? Was it four five sixt nine on?
Speaker 1: We didn't change I believe, so we can go look at that. Thank you for the super chat, Jody. Let's go look at a network and.
Speaker 5: Where is it?
Speaker 1: Security groups? I think is what they call it? All Star manage rules.
Speaker 7: I get this wrong every time.
Speaker 3: Let's see Digital Shooter, please stand by nicle difficulties.
Speaker 1: Thanks Brandon, Better game take shots anyway?
Speaker 4: Way?
Speaker 1: Better game? All right? Uh? Four five six nine is? Yeah, that's that one. But that's not I don't know if that's tied to the new instance or not.
Speaker 4: Let's see I didn't have to open it up on mine instances. Well, I say I didn't. My memory she's not so good anymore. But I'm thinking if your old one was set at forty five sixty nine, then your server on all Star link dot org should already be set to forty five sixty nine we just want to make sure that it is. Or you go to all star link dot org.
Speaker 1: And I just want to make sure the port is open on dream host. Do that and it is, it is. It's uh, I just got to make sure it's tied to this instance as well.
Speaker 5: Edit volume.
Speaker 1: No, that's not it. We've got the if, we got network, and we've got security groups here, and I've got that manage rules edit security group. No, that's not it.
Speaker 4: Can you see how it's set up on your old instance?
Speaker 1: Yeah, let me it doesn't really for yeah, and you know, I don't.
Speaker 3: Know that it shouldn't.
Speaker 4: It won't matter for the outbound connection. And you've already tried to make that.
Speaker 1: Well that's true. Yeah, it won't matter for the outbound connection.
Speaker 4: Let's just double check. Go to all star link dot org and go to your server settings for that node number.
Speaker 1: All right, I'm gonna turn this off real quick.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and let's just say it's forty five sixty nine.
Speaker 1: Let's see for that no number. Oh, it's well, it's got to be because that's what it was in the old one.
Speaker 4: It's what I'm saying. But I wasn't sure if you'd changed it or not. I wouldn't rebeated that, so.
Speaker 1: I don't think. So. Okay, so if I go to.
Speaker 4: Go to your portal and then server settings.
Speaker 1: Right, but my if I go to my portal, that number doesn't show up anymore.
Speaker 4: Okay, So go to node settings fine four huh are you at starlink dot org?
Speaker 1: I am?
Speaker 4: And go to your portal at the top after you've logged down. Uh huh, node settings.
Speaker 1: Node settings. Okay, okay, all right, I'm there.
Speaker 4: And then the top right you should see select this server for this node, select this at the bottom. Well, mine's at the top, right, I say, top right. It's not at the it's not in the green, it's in the whites, just to the rocket.
Speaker 1: I'm zoomed in too far. Yeah, it's at the top. I zoom back out. Okay. Note that I changed the zoom on my on my Chrome all the time for videos that I make. Yeah. So okay, So but you know.
Speaker 4: That name goes and then server settings.
Speaker 3: Is there any port forwarding that needs to be set?
Speaker 1: That's kind of what we're doing here, That's what that's what we're we're kind of looking at. So okay, I'm there, reready.
Speaker 4: That server name you just saw, uh huh click on it and then look down at ia export on the left column four. So we're there. It's already for for sized six months. So that's not our issue.
Speaker 1: That's not the issue.
Speaker 4: No, okay, So back to the command line we go, and let's go to that. Uh yeah, let's check manager dot com before we do anything. We want to go to Etsy Asterisk and we're going to modify our nano into manager dot co O n F. You want to do a pseudo nano there.
Speaker 1: So it's in the astrask directory.
Speaker 4: Right, that's exactly where it's that So pseudo nano nano manager dot co O n F.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're there.
Speaker 4: This is we're gonna this is passwords we're gonna change again later.
Speaker 1: So, well, this is the same password that I was showing a minute ago. That's a click the wrong thing. This is the same password I was show in a minute ago that we need to change somewhere and it's okay.
Speaker 4: So this is your Asterisk password that we make sure that we have set in both almand three and supermand.
Speaker 1: Okay, so this is where it This is the authority password spot right. So okay, so I'm going to change that right now. Okay, what else do you want to look at in here?
Speaker 4: Just that I just want you to make note of that password or change it.
Speaker 1: I'm going to change it. Hold on, let's do this. Okay, So change it, save it and exit. Okay, I'm there.
Speaker 4: Now we're going to go to uh pseudo Etsy slash Allmond three, and we're going to alter that file with that same password.
Speaker 1: You mean pseudo Nano you said pseudo Etsy pseudo allm on three.
Speaker 4: Well, we got to go. We have to Etsy or we've got to change into that direct.
Speaker 1: We're in Etsy asterisk right now.
Speaker 4: The CD Etsy Allmond three. We got to change into that directory or we can alter it with a long path.
Speaker 1: That's fine. Uh, there is no Oh wait, I typed it wrong.
Speaker 4: Sorry, it's not like Windows.
Speaker 1: It wants all okay, I know it. Yeah, okay, we're there all month three Pseudo.
Speaker 4: Nano mm hmmm, Almond three dot I and I and if you want to do we want to scroll down to that stands at the bottom, and we're going to change that password to whatever you just changed whatever I just changed it to.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, that's fine, all right, turn the screen off, right, uh, okay, save it, save it and exit. Okay done.
Speaker 4: Let's go to We're going to c D to H slash var forward slash w w W forward slash html mm hmm or slash supermond it enter okay. We're going to pseudo nano almond dot I n I.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: That's four three one three six. Oh is that a bracket? I can't see your screen very well. The top of your stanza that has just uh open and closed brackets there right around the node number. It looks correct, Okay.
Speaker 1: At the top of the screen it says there's a bracket around all nodes, the second one. The second one is four to three wins three six in brackets and it's turn green. Okay, cool, So that's right, that's right, okay.
Speaker 4: Where it says password that yeah, changed.
Speaker 1: The same password. Okay, all right, save it exit. That's all in here, I believe, so okay, done.
Speaker 4: Now let's do a pseudo space A S t r E s dot s H A S.
Speaker 1: T r e s dot s s H.
Speaker 4: It's just going to restart the astors server.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: So theoretically we should be ready to try again.
Speaker 1: So we didn't really change anything though, did we.
Speaker 4: Well the asterisk password if if it was if it was wrong anywhere of course, is that it's showing no connections right there, right.
Speaker 1: Right, correct, Bubba, it says, okay, well, that just means nobody's connected.
Speaker 4: To it, right, which also means excuse me, which also means it's logged into the astors server. So we should theoretically, if everything is right and the stars aligned, I should be able to connect to you or you should be able to connect outbound.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, so that's the all my three page. This is the Superman page, and.
Speaker 4: It tries but it's not going through, and I don't know why that is. Let's see, let me think here, Aman and Superman are working, we have a correct asterisk password.
Speaker 1: It is possible that uh, somehow I need to uh Jason, it's nerve wracking with one as hell with one person who over your shoulder, never mind one hundred and fifty five. I'm not watching the chat that much. That's why I have Frank here, so it's not bothering me that suggestion.
Speaker 3: And I don't think this is right here since maybe a DNS propagation issue, but I don't think it's it can't be that, you're because he's the same IP address.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not, it's a different static IP address.
Speaker 4: And if you look at the bottom of our document there in the red, Yeah, I had an issue right after I installed my line note instance where I couldn't connect to it anymore. It worked at first, but then it didn't work, and we we did these two little this one little step really actually two steps.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this part in the red down here says a DNS issue.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Raydon says, this is killing me. Please tell them to enable port fording on four four five sixty nine to the IP address of his hosted note.
Speaker 1: Well, that's what I was just looking at. Okay, so we had so I have this, I have this security group over here, which is which is which ports are open. And this looks like it's connected to all of my.
Speaker 4: Instances.
Speaker 1: Instances. Yeah, right here it says it says I just named this all star description is four three one three six edit security group. All it does is right here. But I think that that is Hold on a second, unless I'm looking in the wrong place. I don't think I am.
Speaker 4: And that part's not gonna matter if you can't connect outbound.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, you should be. Yeah, if we could connect outbound but not inbound, that would this would disorder matter. But yeah, if it's not connecting outbound, then that's not a port issue for sure. So okay, instances that is, yep, that's fine. Let's look at more actions. No, not much there here, edit volume.
Speaker 4: No, do they have something designated as a firewall or a gnatting.
Speaker 1: Not over here, they don't. I was trying to remember.
Speaker 2: That works public that's their.
Speaker 1: Let's see.
Speaker 4: Let me try the whole node.
Speaker 1: That's it right there, get logged in. Mm hmm, it is on different server, well, on a different vps anyway. Let's see the default WI and Apache page on port eighties excess on the public eye peace, you've got connectivity, just not on portant four four six nine. I think you mean four five six nine. But yeah, that's kind of what I was wondering. Let's see edit secure hold on a second, edit security groups. This is what I was looking for.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 1: It says it's on there though.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's try that.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, no it's not. No, it's not hold on instant security groups. Yeah, save that.
Speaker 3: You do.
Speaker 1: That could be it right there, And I'm gonna Uh, I'm gonna restart just because I like restarting stuff. I love so much Windows guy. So so I might reboot the whole damn instance here in a minute.
Speaker 4: Well, this technically should do that.
Speaker 1: Technically well no, I mean like, well you reboot the instrants, you reboot the whole operating system. We're just rebooting.
Speaker 3: No, you're rebooting Debian technically.
Speaker 1: Well you are, you are? Yeah, that's true. That's true when you use that to reboot.
Speaker 4: I get an email every time my cloud instance reboots. Oh really, okay, they send me an email. So when I reboot it, I get another email. It should be you know, I don't I'm not that familiar with Dreamcast, but they it should be rebeating, rebooting the whole inst No.
Speaker 1: I think you're right. Yeah, I think you're right.
Speaker 4: But for me, it just seems like it takes it a while.
Speaker 1: All month three is trying to re establish this connection, okay.
Speaker 4: And that could take a little bit all month doesn't. It refreshes, but it seems like it's refresh rate is not like the fastest I've ever seen, and in the technology it's built on, I don't know that for sure.
Speaker 1: Let me try why it seems like Superman is back. Okay, all Mon's back now too, Okay, So try to connect to me so or three.
Speaker 4: One three six, And that's from my hub server. It's not even it's tell me it's trying, but it's not trying. So let me try the home node. Why do I keep logging out every time I want to do something? I don't want to do anything. Oh, let's refresh it.
Speaker 3: This little shooter Jason is now ready to be a Tier one tech support person. Let us let me tell you about Jason on it's history about tech support.
Speaker 1: I've been Tier one many times. I finished my career at Tier three.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm getting nothing. It's not even responding to.
Speaker 1: Try it out, it's not reporting back. If I go to stats dot all startinglink dot org, which is not real time, it's kind of delayed, it's still and I search for my own call sign, it still doesn't for three ones three six does not show up. It does not look like it's for putting back to all starting link dot.
Speaker 4: Org our links registry service. So there are some steps that we can take in the ASL dot menu to see if that connection is actually going through. So let's go back to the command line.
Speaker 1: All right, hold on open okay, see that. Okay, we're there.
Speaker 4: Pseudo space ASL dash menu okay, okay, now we're going to go down to the diagnostics menu. Okay, and well, first ping that listenog Yeah, it's a Google DNS server. It'll take it a few seconds, but it'll huh tell you that it's pinging.
Speaker 1: It's okay, yeah, that looks good. Do we have a have a connection.
Speaker 4: Now, let's ping the all start the registered dot all star link dot org server. Let's see what it tells us. All good, All good, So that's good, so hit okay. Uh see, let's show asterisk slash all Star registration. Okay, registered so it's four three one three six. Okay, so it's registered. So okay there.
Speaker 3: Does that mean it hit the server and said, hey, I'm here at four three one three six.
Speaker 4: What it means? It's what it means to me. It's the way I understand it as well. Start stop check the update node list service. Let's click. Let's hit that one number eight.
Speaker 1: Okay, star ASL three update node list service is running.
Speaker 4: So that's a good sign. So hit okay.
Speaker 3: Amateur radio says, is there a place in the rpt dot comfig or someone or someone in there has a puts a new IP address.
Speaker 1: No, it doesn't care what your IP address is. Okay, as long as it got an Internet connection. It doesn't care what your IP is. But the DNS might need to propagate because it is a new static IP that we're using from the old one that's been running for two years.
Speaker 3: Well, the DNS only propagates, you know, a name for resolution if you have an ipdy address.
Speaker 1: But you're using a name for resolution to get back to allstar link dot org ASL.
Speaker 4: Three registers through HTTP registrations now instead of the old way like handboy uses as an IAX registration. That's that was all the issues that I was having with my mobile node because AT and T wants to the out boing outgoing connection hits that first DNS or changes your IP address. So I'll start servers like, hey, that's not you. I'm not letting you connect right at the revert back to an IAX connection. But I tell you, let's try something really quick. This won't take a second. Let's go to the command.
Speaker 1: Line exit this whole thing. Okay, let's do.
Speaker 4: A CD backs backslash, so our CD space enter, I'm sorry, CD inner. That way, we're back to the root and I guess we already work. So do a pseudo app install.
Speaker 1: Do you want to be in route or home?
Speaker 4: Let's do Let's go to route.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, I'm there.
Speaker 4: Pseudo app install ASL three dash. This is all together a SL three dash update Dash node list.
Speaker 1: Okay, enter, it should be done. Okay, so it's already the newest version. It doesn't It didn't do anything.
Speaker 4: So let's go to uh pseudo nano ford space, I mean Ford slash, Etsy word slash, Asterisk word slash, rpt dot com. You're gonna make one little change in there.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: Now you see where are we at the top?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: Okay, so scroll down. Okay, you see where it says node look up. I'm sorry, go back up under general where it says node look up method Yes, change that from both to file okay, control x yes to say bet or to exit okay, And pseudo space astros a s t r E s dot s H. Let's then hit enter. That's just a script file that restarts the Asterisk.
Speaker 1: Server as t r E s EST. I must have tied that wrong. There it goes okay, okay, good and granted we may have.
Speaker 4: To reboot again, but let's try something just for giggles. Here. See what happens. I can get back to the right stinking window. I've got eighteen open.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Billy's got a good idea. IP tables look up for a TCP port four five sixty nine.
Speaker 4: That's not a bad idea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll try that in a second.
Speaker 7: Let's try this from here.
Speaker 3: I just had to reboot my Chrome. It says I was out of memory. It's like, I'm not out of memory. System says I have fifty fifty percent.
Speaker 1: What happens when you have one hundred and forty seven tabs open?
Speaker 2: Frank?
Speaker 3: I posted it in Content Creators. It says I only had sixty two? Is only sixty two?
Speaker 1: That's that's kind of like this sounds like kind of like one of my systems.
Speaker 3: Actually, yeah, right, you see to see the one at work, it's hundreds.
Speaker 4: Man. I can't even get my nodes to try now. They were trying before and then timing out, but they won't even try now. What is going on?
Speaker 1: All right, let's try the IP tables thing. That way we can see if IP tables space dash A. Hold on a second. I don't know if I have to suit you this or not, but I'm gonna. I'm gonna IP tables. Ah what did he type in their dash P TCP?
Speaker 3: Party of two says, are you sure all stars passwords are right for your node number?
Speaker 1: I am sure, yes, okay, four, five, six, nine.
Speaker 6: Dash J.
Speaker 1: Bad argument TCP. Okay, it's hard to see what where you're putting spaces in there, Billy, I.
Speaker 3: Sent it to you in the command in our chat. I'm sorry, and what chat in the zoom chat? If we just want to coffee paste.
Speaker 1: It, let's try that.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, you're missing a word.
Speaker 1: I think IP tables come in not found. Oh pseudo this still, IP tables come in not found.
Speaker 4: I wonder if net tools are installed. Try real quick pseudo apt A space install space net dash tools in man.
Speaker 3: It's not.
Speaker 4: Of course it's not.
Speaker 1: It's not.
Speaker 4: Of course not Mine wasn't either, and not I had to do that to get to all scan installed.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, So try that.
Speaker 4: Same command again for the the the yeah up up twice, I think ah, the fudge mark for the harsh language.
Speaker 3: It's not Jason channel.
Speaker 4: You can curse all you want.
Speaker 1: It's installed, but you need to be the actual root user. What difference does it make? I'm typing pseudo, and it would tell you if you weren't in the pseudoors group, I would have to I forget how to set my password and change.
Speaker 4: The root by doing uh pseudo p A S S W D space root. But you don't want us to see you type in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you have to install that directly. Pseudo app install ip table mm hmm.
Speaker 4: There app tables, so that's probably what a pseudo app install ip tables. Yep, I'm learning this daggum Linux stuff, buddy. After it whoops the crap out of me for about a month, I finally learned something, right, Okay, Now I.
Speaker 3: Do enough of this at work. That's why I don't. That's with that at home.
Speaker 4: Do APT install APT, space install space ip tables sit at the beginning.
Speaker 1: I'm root, now the beginning. Now it's already there, zero upgraded, zero newly installed, one not upgraded. So it's already there. Right, One more time, I'm gonna try that command you sent me in the zoom chat Frank yep ip tables command not found.
Speaker 4: So let's try this. I hit chat GPT up for a little bit of something something. I don't know if it's gonna be feast or famine here, but I'll put it in the zoom chat. And it's a lot simpler argument. Okay, focus is on IPv four rules, and I can't see what it says.
Speaker 1: Chain input packets bytes, chain input, chain forward, and chain output zero packet zero bytes on both on all three of.
Speaker 4: Them, the IP tables rules. So the version, it's okay, run the follow up fantasy. If ip tables is installed. We already know that it's.
Speaker 1: Ipy tables is installed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's simplified the command that it seeds to be pulling up stuff.
Speaker 1: Matt says to restart after installing net tools.
Speaker 4: Well, it was already installed, wasn't. No, we installed it, didn't we. Yeah it's probably not how bad I.
Speaker 1: Know we installed? Yeah we Yeah, we can reboot.
Speaker 4: Because it's something simple. At this point, I'm a little something simple we've missed or.
Speaker 1: I probably hold on, just check if.
Speaker 4: You've got IP visuals.
Speaker 2: Really, it was a replied, yeah, there we go.
Speaker 1: Okay, I restarted it.
Speaker 4: All right, let's see, let's see what this is so we could change that to TCP port. What it was forty five sixty nine.
Speaker 1: Four five six nine is the default port? Yeah, got any war work again, it's it's not it's not reporting to statsall all star linked dot org.
Speaker 4: That's just a weird part because it's yeah, the node. So I gotta wonder, want to double check our all starlink dot org node password just to make sure they're not.
Speaker 1: I can recharge, Okay, let me.
Speaker 4: It's just I know it's something I know.
Speaker 1: I don't think that's what it is. But but that is a good that's a good trouble shooting step. So okay, let me, oh startling. The only reason I know it's not I know it's correct is because I've checked it like three times already.
Speaker 5: H that is.
Speaker 1: Okay, So it's correct here. So unless I fat fingered it inside of the actual place, we'll have to go back into the cont file.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and the cont file, well, we need to go in a sl menu and look under the node settings to make sure it's correct there.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, so let me open this back up again. No, that's not right, Okay, I gotta find a freaking hype address.
Speaker 3: Bless you. Okay, one more time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, really, mine are always in pairs. There's three. I've got a allergy going on.
Speaker 1: At least you're not Frank, and it's like twelve at a time.
Speaker 4: Frank is the powerhouse sneezing. I've witnessed that.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, okay, let's go here. Okay, we're there, So where you want me to go?
Speaker 4: Freddy, I don't know if you're in rude or not. I can't tell, but pseudo I am.
Speaker 1: I am not.
Speaker 4: Let's go pseudo space ASL dash menu okay, all right, Node settings yeap, and then all star node setup menu.
Speaker 1: Is this going to show my password here?
Speaker 4: It might, so let's be prepared for that.
Speaker 5: All right, let's see what.
Speaker 1: Add remover update node for three one three six.
Speaker 4: I want to do update.
Speaker 1: Password Okay, so NOE number for three one three six password is is that? That's that's yeah, that's correct, it's correct. Okay, I'm gonna pull. I'm gonna pull, then set them side by side and look at and make sure. Yeah, yep, that is COREL. Yeah, it's it's good.
Speaker 4: Red string.
Speaker 1: So good.
Speaker 4: I put in another little pseudo ip tables command in uh the zoom chat. It's to accept to put into four five sixty nine to accept a TCP connection, which is an inbound we could run at the command line. I don't. I really don't think that's our problem. I really don't, because you aren't able to make an outbound right and that forty five sixty nine just allows you to do your outbound connection or your inbound to you connection to come in three.
Speaker 1: One hold on this does pseudo ip tables command.
Speaker 4: Yes, pseudo ip tables dash a input piece TCP deport forty five sixty nine dash JA except basically.
Speaker 1: I type I typed that in and it just came back to the command prompt.
Speaker 4: It may just made that went ahead and made the entry. But like I said, I really don't think that's our issue.
Speaker 1: I'll try.
Speaker 4: Because the weird part is I am not it just I don't get any response from my cloud node for my home node. Earlier it was like okay, I'm gonna try it, and then this red line would show up like it's trying to connect to you, and then it would go away. And I mean even showed your node number at one point, so something's not jiving.
Speaker 1: I still wonder if it's a DN issue.
Speaker 4: DNS issue very well could be it very well could be.
Speaker 1: Or if it's a if it's an instance, uh security group, a port, it's either a port on the instance or okay, hold tell you what.
Speaker 4: Let's well, if you've got another idea, go ahead with it. But there's one thing I want to try.
Speaker 1: Hold on a second. It time me the the web panel, time me out logging back in. Okay, security groups, that's good. Let's see what the other one said out Hold on one second.
Speaker 4: S it's And one thing you could try is to turn your firewall off all together. I mean, just to see if we can get throughout.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh gosh, it's not letting me do that.
Speaker 6: I don't get it.
Speaker 4: Let's see here, Okay, next time on the chronicles of All Star.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, I'm not. I'm not even sure how to do that, honestly.
Speaker 4: So go to the command line real quick, and let's just double check something. You remember that little caveat I told you about before we started the stream. I just want to make sure that we're not encountering that where some cloud versions of WN twelve may not be compatible. I believe this one is. But if you go to the command line and type in pseudo space you name you n A m all in space dash r mm hmmm and what and hit in eurn. What's your response?
Speaker 1: Six dot one dot zero Dash twenty eight Dash cloud Dash AMD sixty four.
Speaker 4: Well, that's gonna be it. I'm afraid because according to ASL three, if the kernel or something is the same or something similar to six dot one dot zero Dash twelve, Dash Cloud Dash x eighty six Underscore sixty four, then you cannot use that OS for ASL because it lacks the capabilities built build the needed to build the needed kernel modules. You must install a standard WN twelve image, which is probably a custom install. Do they allow you to upgrade custom image or an image like if you downloaded an install image from Debian your own install image. Some services will, some services won't.
Speaker 1: May may yeah, yeah, I believe that you can do that. It might be easier to just put it on WN eleven. And you know, because if they're using a cloudburd and it still won't work.
Speaker 4: Oh, it's an ASL three structure. It's the their architecture of the software is not jiving with a cloud version of Debian. And I can and I can ask them if that applies down to eleven and ten as well, and if it doesn't then we can jump back to that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because at ten, eleven, and twelve I have access to all three and I can email, I can I can contact tech support tomorrow and ask them if I can install a What I mean, but you want to standard.
Speaker 4: And the standard of an image of WAN twelve we download from Debian because it has a different kernel, right, it's a okay, not compatible with a super.
Speaker 1: So this sixtot one kernel is not compatible what you're telling me?
Speaker 4: Yeah, any any kernel that we come up with, it has the word cloud in it is what's what's killing the deal here?
Speaker 1: Oh okay, And I.
Speaker 4: Really didn't think that was going to be the case. Now you were running ASL one point one, which is a different architecture.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, it's totally different.
Speaker 4: That's she whizzed. You've got to stop inviting me to your lives because I'm that man. Yeah, I feel terrible, but I'm going to get you an answer as far as UH ten and eleven go. I'm part of the beta testers now on as three am on their Slack server, so I'll get a definite answer to that, he whizz But I don't know what you know. I'll try to get it as quickly as possible, but I don't know how long you want to leave that instant spun down because I know it's going to cost you money while it's there, right, yeah, yeah, right, So I'll put an I'll put an a request in tonight and I should have I may have something tonight or first thing in the morning, depends on who's still awake. All these guys are volunteers, but I mean when they when this conversation starts, it usually gets pretty all right.
Speaker 1: So so Nate just put something in there. Did the IP of the new server get added to the security group rules?
Speaker 3: I think you checked that already.
Speaker 4: No, I didn't check that, but that's what I think it's gonna matter with that cloud version of that OS.
Speaker 1: I'm looking at the Security Group rules right now, and there's not an IP in here for my old server. So that tells me that I don't really need an IP for the new server. In fact, four five six nine is listed as zero dot zero dot zero dot zero forward slash zero, So, in other words, is open everything on this server, on this virtual private server. So four five six nine is open to Colon Cohen whack zero and zero dot zero zero zero whack zero. So it should be fully open to everything on this instance slash volume on the virtual private server. So I don't that that made me wonder that the way he worded it made me wonder.
Speaker 4: Right, So sorry that we've had three stabs at this now I know it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, this is tried number three. So and this is why we didn't nuke the first instance.
Speaker 4: Well technically exactly the first Our first attempt was on the line note, and we did get it to work, but we just had to put it on your other other.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, the lin note's not my Yeah, I don't have a line note account. That was some test server you had.
Speaker 4: Right right, Yeah, and you know what that cost me? Five bucks a month.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's pretty good.
Speaker 4: It's really good because yeah, I use what they call a shared CPU, so it's not it doesn't have a dedicated CPU because it doesn't need a lot of resources. I mean, it runs on a Raspberry Aye for goodness sakes, so it's a discounted kind of.
Speaker 1: It runs on a Raspberry Pie. But I didn't after I got before I put it in the cloud, I had four three one three six running on this Raspberry pie back here, not this one another one. I think I think it was a pie three.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I did.
Speaker 1: I did a live stream one night and I called it all Star q SO Party and once I got like thirty or thirty five connections, it it like it. Yeah, it just completely bogged it down. It was bad, bad, and I'm like okay, And that's when I got the idea to put it on a cloud. I'm like, well, okay, if I'm gonna keep telling people to connect to it, I want the best performance I can. Obviously, and I've had zero issues as far as latency or too many connections on the cloud. I've never had that. There was that weird, weird cloud thing where it wouldn't let you connect. People would people would try to connect, it just wouldn't. Then you reboot the cloud serve and it would work. That was something with the older version of ASL that I'm hoping three dot. In fact, they told me there's like you need to upgrade it, because I contact him about that and that's what they said.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So performance wise, I wonder if that lin node, if it's on a shared CPU or whatever.
Speaker 4: So far, so good, but I don't have as many connections as you do.
Speaker 1: But right, that's what I'm I'm trying to future proof this as much as I can exactly, That's that's what I'm trying to do.
Speaker 4: Dreamcast they have the infrastructure to do that. They especially, and I'm sure yours has dedicated everything where mine.
Speaker 1: Is, right, it's not full. Yeah, yeah, so.
Speaker 4: I've got to I've got a request into my hookup guy at a SEL three H Allen w A three w C. Okay, he's this is right up his alley. He guided me with this stuff right from the beginning, and I've got that question into him. If this applies to Debian ten and eleven as well, and it's an hour ahead so it's nine thirty pm. There there's a chance he could answer to night And as soon as I get an answer, I'll forward it to you.
Speaker 1: Sure, that's fine, Yeah, that's fine. I mean we're not gonna stand that much longer anyway.
Speaker 4: No, No, it's just you know, sorry, folks, We're gonna get there someday, somehow, some way. Well, yeah, the Bionic all Star node.
Speaker 3: That's right, that's right, And this is why you save and back up and save those settings so we can go ahead and just resoom.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, so let me go ahead and do that now actually, so I can.
Speaker 5: Uh instances here we go.
Speaker 1: Okay, so we're gonna spin this one down. Yeah, I'm gonna.
Speaker 5: Uh no, I'm gonna.
Speaker 1: Shut off instance. There we go, shut it off, that one back.
Speaker 2: Up and up.
Speaker 4: Oh boy, boy boy. I'm experimenting right now with putting two nodes on one machine, which was red. Yeah, they didn't hampy. They did it and a few former versions of ASL but ASL three's infrastructure, it's architecture changed a little bit. Yeah, And I can get them on there, and I can get them to connect outbound. I just once you have two nodes, two public nodes on there, the inbound connection gets really tricky and I haven't gotten straight yet. So I'm actually working with Alan to null that out so that I can make a nice video. It'd be very convenient if you had one good machine like these little Novo's excuse me to put a home hub if you wanted to. It wouldn't be on the cloud. You're just running it on something with a little more computing power. But yeah, I got these off eBay. They're the little Lenovo miny PCs right ease. I put solid state drives in them. They're great for little test servers. And your Superman page is back up.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, I just refreshed. So I the instance we've been working on all night. I shut it down. It's still there. I didn't delete it. It's shut down, and I restarted the original instance. So you guys should be able to connect back to me now for three one, three six. It's where it was before.
Speaker 4: Let's trying. It's not going through.
Speaker 3: It just got a buzz. Did you keep something? Yeah, there it is.
Speaker 4: I did.
Speaker 1: Okay, weird.
Speaker 4: It's trying to connect to you.
Speaker 5: What three six connection?
Speaker 1: Yes, it's connection failed. Huh okay.
Speaker 4: I wonder if there's not a firewall issue when you're in.
Speaker 3: But I just that's the one that was working right now.
Speaker 1: That's that. No, I didn't change anything on the firewall. But but the DNA I I DNS could be a thing because how however it's route however all star link is or yeah, all star link dot org is routing those node numbers to a static IP address. Oh, somebody just connected to me with EchoLink.
Speaker 4: Oh good, that's a good start right there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, somebody just connected with echolinks.
Speaker 4: So and it's funny how that does that too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it is, so it should Yeah, it might be. It could be a deal. I mean, if you say it doesn't work with this kernel, okay, that's a problem. Yeah, yeah, that's probably what we're looking at. But DNS is a thing because it is routing for three one three six. However, all star linked word translates that node number to the static IP over the Internet. However, that propagated that DNS propagation routes. It was routing to a totally new IP address, and I got to think that it's gonna take at least a little bit of time. We used to tell people back in the day it take twenty four hours to propagate DNS. Fully, it was usually like thirty minutes to it, you know, but every now and then you get someone call you, well it's been twelve hours. It's still so we wouldn't tell them one hour because like ten twelve hours it might not be working, but they wake up tomorrow and it's working. So it could take up to twenty four hours. But that was like fifteen years ago. I don't know if that's still true anymore or not.
Speaker 4: There's a famous T shirt in the tech industry that I'm sure Frank can relate to that it says, it's always the DNS. It's always always the DNS. We have that right, work all the time. Right, Well, one day at a time, we're gonna limp this thing back in shape.
Speaker 1: Yep, let me see if see if I'm showing back up.
Speaker 5: On the website here.
Speaker 4: Tells me it's trying to connect to you. But then it's bumping me out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not. Still not showing up on stats dot allstarlink dot org.
Speaker 4: See your echo. Try an outbound connection again from your your hubnode.
Speaker 1: Oh, come on.
Speaker 2: There we go.
Speaker 1: Okay, what what number I have?
Speaker 4: Seven? Six three three five.
Speaker 1: It tried it for a second, then it blipped.
Speaker 4: What the heck? I think there's more afoot here than we're realizing. Outbound should be super easy, even with ASL one dot one. Well, what is going on? This is it's almost like a I don't want to say it, but see it's either DNS or it's a firewall issue.
Speaker 1: But I didn't change anything on the firewall on this first one.
Speaker 4: And that's the part that's baffling. Yeah, EchoLink got through with no problem, So.
Speaker 1: There's there's somebody connected to via EchoLink right now. That makes me think it's DNS really, But at the same time, why is it not reporting back to starlink starlink, So I think I'm gonna let it run overnight just because we didn't change anything on that instance. I didn't change DNS, I didn't change security groups, port forwarding, I didn't change anything. So I'm all starlink dot org. I changed that back, okay, change I changed the one on the website, the one on the nodes. Uh yes, yeah, yeah, I changed that.
Speaker 4: I changed that back, and we didn't change the port So that's good. And it's trying to connect, and when I try to connect, it pulls up your information and then it goes away again.
Speaker 1: That's what mine does when I try to connect to you as well.
Speaker 4: Maybe it's frustrating.
Speaker 3: Maybe maybe you gotta wait for the old one to expire before you register the new one.
Speaker 4: Well, and it just could be a simple matter of that DNS server updating. Yeah, yep, let's give it one night and we'll see where at.
Speaker 1: I think that I think that's where Yeah, I think I'm just gonna let it run. And uh, it just updated. It's the same person connected to EchoLink, but it just updated and it says in one z W it's connected via EchoLink.
Speaker 4: Uh so cool, cool, cool, that's a good sign.
Speaker 1: Got a connection. Yeah, that is a good sign. Yeah, we'll see she is. So it's oh boy, yeah.
Speaker 4: Going all the way through. But let's give those DNS servers a chance to update and right right now. Like I said, if it's not up by this time tomorrow or sooner, yeah, let me know and we'll put a ticket in. We'll see what's going on on the end.
Speaker 3: So you're gonna leave the new one running or the old one running.
Speaker 4: The old one is running right now because I think there's there.
Speaker 1: The new one is shut down. I shut the new one down. The old one that has been working for the last two years is currently running. A C three I K is now connected via EchoLink. Cool l l U one e g X is now connected via EchoLink. So I'm seeing people connect via EchoLink. So that's it's it's out.
Speaker 4: There, definitely getting getting connection one way or the other. But it just may be right.
Speaker 1: It just may be a propagation thing.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 1: Cool, So I got three EchoLink connections now, but no all stars so that's okay. Yeah, I'm gonna let it run, see what happens, and then we'll go from there. So guys, thanks a lot. Hey, you know what this is Ham Radio. We're just shooting. It's uh. Stuff happens and we get it sometimes and sometimes we don't. But you guys take this information and learn from it.
Speaker 4: So just another problem solved.
Speaker 1: Just another problem. Yeah, yeah, totally. So I'll uh, I'll have that new video about the new Yazoo on the channel tomorrow. Frank, what you got coming up?
Speaker 3: Coming up? Next? Live stream is gonna be I have the Spec five Kai come on and me and the dev a nerd out about Spec five and how it works a mestastic like we nerd out. We should have recorded like the twenty minutes we're talking prior.
Speaker 4: Just about Linus.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, okay, it's fun, but I just finished my live stream with Prepper Pete. I want to say it's Kermit.
Speaker 1: I want Kermit. His name's Kermit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I want to say Sam, but that's the character in his book Sam. Go ahead and check out the live stream. Its fun and I'm probably going to be recording a video this week of my gadgets of but I mostly use through twenty twenty four. I think that's it. And my Tank Commander's all hands meeting is this month. That means any level supporter for support Tank Radio will get a meeting invite for this month and we're just gonna hang out. I'm leaning towards this Saturday. So watch Patreon, your email or YouTube and for the the notification about it reaching out? How do you do it through YouTube? Like you're reaching out to your the subscribers or memberships. In YouTube, you send a post update, but it's not like pushing it to them. Because sometimes I can feedback saying I did see it on YouTube.
Speaker 4: I'm like, yeah, it's yeah.
Speaker 1: Not everybody can see it, but I I when I created a community post, I usually get some I usually get a lot of people replying to it.
Speaker 4: But yeah, it shows up almost like a Twitter feed. Yes you miss it, right, So I try to put it out in other places on the discord server.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I throw it out on Twitter. Check your subscriber portals blah, yeah, but that's what's coming up on the channel. And yeah, man, this has been awesome.
Speaker 1: Okay, Freddy, what's coming up for you of this Thursday?
Speaker 4: On the playlist with the Hamtoover's playlist, We're going I'm dropping a video part one of a new Baio Fang and I can't remember the model number because I don't hold numbers in my head very well. Another version that has GPS. You know, I did a couple of videos way back when I'm baiol Fang seventeen R pro GPS I think it was, and where it shares your GPS location through a transition. It's a data burst transmission radio to radio, puts it on a radicule and tell you which way they are and how far away they are from you. This has the same feature, but it doesn't share the data in the same way as with the older model, so it's proprietary into itself. I don't know why they did it that way, but it's still an interesting video. Part one is this week. Part two will be next early next week, so be looking for that this Thursday.
Speaker 1: Cool.
Speaker 4: Thank you for having me aboard.
Speaker 1: Oh hey, well, thanks for the help. It was uh educational, as always.
Speaker 4: Learn one way or the other.
Speaker 1: We're gonna we're gonna tackle this and uh if we want to get the A s L guy to come on with this, you can uh make make that suggestion, Freddy, because I know you know that guy so well. In fact, I've got an email from him somewhere that's probably like, yeah, yes, Todd, Yeah, it's it's uh. It was like a year and a half ago he emailed me, and I was like, yeah, I need to I need to upgrade mine and I've been wanting to do it for a long time and just we're just now getting around to it.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I'd love to have you cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, be good, all right, man, thanks for thank you everybody. Thanks Frank and uh and Freddy and we'll talk soon. Y'all have a great one later.