Speaker 1: You see you see something's going to happen.
Speaker 2: What what's gonna happen?
Speaker 1: I'll tak.
Speaker 2: What help.
Speaker 1: I'm welcome. It's been a big break, but now we are back. How you doing, Nick?
Speaker 2: What up?
Speaker 3: What's going on?
Speaker 2: How are you?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 2: It's good to be back.
Speaker 1: What's been happening?
Speaker 2: Any new things to promote? O't lee?
Speaker 3: Would I have come out this week? I actually I don't know. I don't even think I have anything scheduled much this week. Unfortunately I do have what's let me see what's dropping on YouTube? It might be played this week? Uh played at part one? I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, uh this weekend.
Speaker 3: I got the elect Oh you know what's coming out for the audio listeners, the elect Stork we did with library.
Speaker 2: Really, I'm told next week this Friday.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, this Friday, Plato Part one, The Philosopher and his Times. It's basically just kind of like his story and his travels, and then the second part will be a little bit on his on his works.
Speaker 2: But yeah, check that out.
Speaker 3: I got Plato pot one this week coming out, and guest wise, I don't think we have like anybody really coming on until uh yeah, I don't even have anything Friday, Oh, Saturday, I don't have another guest on until the second.
Speaker 1: Gotta get We got another mail bag coming out on Thursday. If you guys have any of those occult stories, maybe maybe all the ones that other people record are fake. Maybe that's what we're dealing with right now.
Speaker 3: I do think I think you should have some mail in there, because I think there was a few people that had hit me up and said they sent you shit since the last.
Speaker 2: Time we did it.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, so I do think there'll actually be something in there for you.
Speaker 2: No right there at the space Hell yeah. Interesting.
Speaker 1: So let's see. I wanted to start things off a little bit differently because where we where we ended up on the on the last time, it was talking about the magical nature of language, and Jimmy Corsetti is coming out. He's breaking news right here. He says that let me zoom in a little bit so you guys can see it. Massive discovery rewrites human history. The oldest form of writing has been found in a cave in Where, Germany, dating back thirty eight thousand years. This is well over thirty thousand years older than Sumerian quneiform from ancient Mesopotamia, which was long thought to be the oldest. Look at this stone, right, this is right, this is quneiform, right, and so the yeah, check it out. But they're talking about an older form of writing which is similar to Qunei form, and yeah.
Speaker 2: We could see it here.
Speaker 1: So this rewrites everything, right, And so what we got to understand about this is that this kind of stuff predating all of the rest of that stuff means that they had influence much older than anything going on in Samaria. And the Northern Crusades probably wiped out a lot of this stuff because they just went around raping, robbing, and pillaging all of these ancient quote unquote pagan sites, right, so they would destroy these gods and the groves up there, and they you know, ravaged the people. So we're sort of dealing with a collective amnesia from the time of you know, ancient times because everybody thought for the longest time the oldest stuff in the world was down in Samaria. But now we got cave writing from thirty eight thousand years ago up in Germany, like.
Speaker 2: This is.
Speaker 1: The Ice Age, right, this is this is unbelievable stuff. And h yeah, so get out those history books let's rewrite them as quickly as possible, so we don't have to go through this reset over and over and over again. You know, we've got to get that memory back. Let's see where are we at? If you guys are following.
Speaker 3: Along a brief essay upon the nature and significance of the magical alphabet.
Speaker 2: If you want to, I could start at all, since I'm Martie, run in my mouth, sure there, all right?
Speaker 3: The book seven seven seven has for its primary object the construction of a magical alphabet. One of the greatest difficulties experienced by the student, a difficulty which increases, rather than diminishes with his advance and knowledge, is this he finds it impossible to gain any clear idea of the meanings of the term which he employs. Every philosopher has his own meaning, even for such universally used terms as soul, and in most cases he does not so much as suspect that other writers use the term under a different connotation. Even technical writers and those who take the trouble to define their terms before using them, are too often at variance with each other. The diversity is very great. In the case of this world, this word soul, it is sometimes used to mean atman, an impersonal principle almost synonymous with the absolute itself, with the absolute itself, a word which has been defined with scores of different senses.
Speaker 2: Others use it.
Speaker 3: To mean the personal individual soul, as distinguished from the over soul or God. Others take it as an equivalent to Nishemah, the understanding, the intelligence, the intelligible essence of man his aspiration. Yet others mean the nephesh, the animal soul, the conscious, corresponding to the senses. It has even been identified with the ruak, which is really the mechanism of the mind. Apart from these major distinctions, there are literally hundreds of minor shades of meaning. We find, therefore a writer predictator predicating the soul, A, B, and c, which, as fellow students protest vehemently that it is none of these things, despite which the two men may be in substantial agreement.
Speaker 1: Well, can I stop you right there? So look at the nature of the word soul itself. It has the solar connotation, right, it's saying something about the sun, right just in the basic etymology of it.
Speaker 3: I mean, you're taking the word for the son and just throwing an extra letter in there.
Speaker 1: Right, same sound. And you know what's interesting is the soul the sun. There's something about the sun sign that gives us a piece of our personality. Right, So even in that context, there's like an astrological significance to it. Some sort of identity goes along with that personality which comes from the sun at birth.
Speaker 2: Good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good.
Speaker 3: Let us suppose for a moment that by some miracle we obtain a clear idea of the meaning of the word. The trouble has merely begun, for there immediately arises the question of the relations of one term to the others. There have been few attempts at constructing a coherent system, and those that are coherent are not comprehended. In view of this euro clidion eurocliton of misunderstanding, it is clearly necessary to establish a fundamental language. I saw this fact in my twenties. My extended travels throughout the world had brought me into contact with religious and philosophical thinkers of every shade of opinion, And the more I knew, the greater became the confusion. I understood with better approval the outbursts of the aged fit. If I had my life to live again. The first thing I would do would be to invent an entirely new system of symbols whereby to convey my ideas. As a matter of fact, certain people, notably Raymond Lully, have attempted this great work. I discussed this question with Biku Anada Mattea Alan Bennett in nineteen oh four. He professed himself completely satisfied with the Buddhist terminology. I cannot concur with this opinion. Firstly, the actual words are barbarously long, and possibly so for the average European. Secondly, an understanding of the system depends on complete acquiescence in the Buddhist doctrines. Thirdly, meaning of the terms is not, as my venerable colleague maintained, as clear and comprehensive as could be wished. There is much pedantry, much confusion, and much disputed matter. Fourthly, the terminology is exclusively psychological. It takes no account of extra Buddhistic ideas, and it bears little relation to the general order of the universe. It might be supplemented by Hindu terminology, but to do that would immediately introduce elements of controversy. We should at once be lost in endless discussions as to whether Nevana was nirvana or not, and so on forever. The system of the Kabbalah is superficially open to this last objection, but its real basis is perfectly sound. We can easily discard the dogmatic interpretation of the rabbis.
Speaker 2: Of the rabbins.
Speaker 3: We can refer everything in the universe to the system of pureys number, whose symbols will be intelligible to all rational minds in an identical sense, and the relations between these symbols are fixed by nature. There is no particular point for most ordinary purposes in discussing whether forty nine is or is not the square of seven. Such was the nature of the kind of the considerations that led me to adopt the tree of life as the basis of the magical alphabet. The number ten, the ten numbers, and the twenty two letters of the Hebrew alphabet, with their traditional and rational correspondences, taking into consideration their numerical and geometrical into relations, afford us a coherent systematic groundwork, sufficiently rigid for our foundation and sufficiently elastic for a superstructure.
Speaker 1: How can you dig it? Yeah, yeah, you go okay, But we must not suppose that we know anything of the tree a priori. We must not work towards any other type of central truth than the nature of these symbols in themselves. The object of our work must be, in fact, to discover the nature and powers of each symbol. We must clothe the mathematical nakedness of each prime idea in the multicolored garment of correspondences with every department of thought. That's the real work right there. So he's really drawn it down to the correspondences are what's important.
Speaker 2: So you can actually see what the numbers mean.
Speaker 1: A first task is to consider what we are to mean by the word number. I have dealt with this in my own commentary to verse four, chapter one of the Book of the Law. Every number is infinite. There is no difference. See what is a number or a symbol? Page one seven. The student should be should go very thoroughly into the question of transfinite number. Let him consult the Introduction to mathematical Philosophy of the honorable Bertrand Russell in a relevant but critical spirit. Bertrand Russell, also a mathematician, in particular the light of the light of my note on number, the whole conception of the olive zero should give him a fairly clear idea of the essential paradoxes of the magical interpretation of the idea of number, and especially the equation zero equals too, which I have devised to explain the universe and to harmonize with the antinomies which it presents at every turn. Our present state of understanding is far from perfect. It is evidently impossible to obtain a clear notion of each of the primes or primes if only because of their number is olive zero zero. The numbers zero to ten, as forming the basis of the decimal system, may be considered a microcosm of olive zero, for they are endless tens, representing the return to unity by the reintroduction of zero to continue the series in a matter progressively complex, each term representing not only itself in its relationship, in its relation to the neighbors, but the combination of two or more numbers of the first decad That is, until we reach the numbers whose factors are all except in unity greater than ten, such as one, four, three, eleven times thirteen equals eleven times thirteen. But this is necessary to consider such numbers as all together beyond the first decad is only apparent, each prime being itself in elaboration in some senses, or another of one or more of the original zero to ten series. This at least may be regarded as conventionally true for immediate purpose of study. This is why in numerology they always do the condensation back to one through ten. A number such as three two nine nine times three three oh seven times three three one nine may be regarded as a distant and not very important group of fixed stars. Thus thirteen is a middle modulus, and one one one the great modulus modulus of unity. That is, the multiples of thirteen and one one one explain the coefficients of their scales in terms of a much more specialized idea.
Speaker 2: Eg.
Speaker 1: Twenty six equals two times thirteen represent it's the diad in a more specially concocted, connotated sense than two does eight. Eight describes the function of eight in terms of the full meaning of one one one, which is itself an elaborate account of the nature of unity, including for instance, the dogmatic mystery of the equation three equals one.
Speaker 2: Are you following that.
Speaker 1: He's going by binary.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was listening. We got stuck with the eight eight eight the one, because I do that find that interesting with the how he says the eighty eight describes the function of eight in terms of the full meaning one eleven. I've seen eight eight eight a bunch of times, and I did think kabalistically it like it's telling a full story instead of just part of one.
Speaker 1: So is that the meaning of eight eight eight to you is like telling the full story?
Speaker 3: Well, it's kind of like the whole Like I think, kind of like the Magician, how you know, the eight does go you know, infinity. I think that's like kind of like might even show like the hero's journey, because like you're gonna return back where you started kind of in a sense. So yeah, it's just because I, again with seven seven, said just looking.
Speaker 2: At doubles and multiples of numbers.
Speaker 3: Just for some reason, I felt that eighty eight eight was more of a I guess kind of how he's saying, and more of a defines something better than the other eight than eighty eight, you.
Speaker 2: Know what I'm saying. Right, It's hard to explain how I even thought that. It's just something that came to mind.
Speaker 1: Honestly, Well, this is what he said in the three equals one, So you know, the eight eight eight would be the completion because three equals the one in unity. He's going back to the trinity idea, right, so the three equals one. I mean again, this is a much more inclusive and expansive definition of the trinity in terms of mathematics than what you get with you know, Tertullian or whatever. But what they're basically saying is that the divine unity comes from the three or the most structurally sound, least least I guess, wobbly of the numbers itself. So the the you know, the triangle would be the strongest shape, right, that would be the biggest the least numbers to create the most unity, I guess right. By repercussion again, each larger correlative of any number of zero to ten expresses an extended idea of that number, which must immediately be included in the fundamental conception thereof. For instance, having discovered that one twenty can be divided by five, we must henceforth think of five as the root of those ideas which we find in one twenty. As well as using our previous ideas of five as the key to our investigation of one twenty. On the surface, it would appear that this mode of working could only lead to baffling contradictions and inextricable confusion. But to the mind naturally lucid and well trained to discrimination of this misfortunate of this misfortune does not occur for the meeting of the primes eleven to ninety seven see page twenty five.
Speaker 2: Do you want me to go? Give your work? Sure?
Speaker 3: On the contrary, practice which makes perfect enables one to grasp intelligently, in class coherently a far vester conjuries of facts than could possibly be assimilated by the most laborious feats of memorizing. Herbert Spencer has well explained this psychology of apprehension. The excellence of any mind considered merely as a storehouse of information may be gauged by its faculty of representing any required facts to itself by systematic classification into groups and subgroups. This presence, this present attempt at a magical alphabet, is in fact a projection both intensive and extensive, of this system to affinity. On the one hand, all possible ideas are referred by progressive integrations to the pure numbers zero to ten, and thence to two, one and zero. On the other the connotations of zero, one and two are extended by progressive definitions to include every conceivable idea on every plane of the universe. We are now in a position to consider the practical application of these ideas as regards the as regards the numbers zero to ten of the key scale, each one is a fundamental idea of a positive entity. Its nature is defined by the correspondences assigned to it in the various columns.
Speaker 2: Thus we may say that God, Hanumann, the.
Speaker 3: Jackal, the opal storax, truthfulness, and so on, or all qualities inherent in the idea called eight. With regards to the numbers eleven to thirty two of the key scale, they.
Speaker 2: Are not numbers at all in our senses of the word.
Speaker 3: They have been arbitrarily assigned to the twenty two parts by the compiler of the sepher Jetsa. There is not even any kind of harmony. Nothing could be much further from the idea of twenty nine than the sign of pisces. The basic idea had better be considered the letter of the Hebrew alphabet, and the correspondence of each with fairly comprehensive definitions, such as the taro trumps is very close and necessary. It will be noticed that certain alphabets, especially the coptic, have more than twenty two letters. These additional symbols fill up the fill up the tree of life when attributed to the sephiroth. The numerical value of the letters does, however, represent a real and important relation. But these numbers are not quite the same as the original sepharotic numbers. For instance, although Beth equals two equals mercury, and mercury is part of the idea of Chokma equals two, the one two is not identical with the other. For mercury in itself is not a sepherer. It is not a positive emanation in necessary sequence in this scale. Zero two ten for Beth is the path which joins Catherine, Banah one and three. Zion equal seven is the path joining Binah three and Tephareth six. That is, they are not numbers in themselves, but expressions of relations between numbers according to a predetermined geometrical pattern.
Speaker 1: See that's the important part. So what he's saying right here, Yeah, it's all collapsed into the tree itself. Right, The zero through ten in the tree is collapsing all numbers into itself. So he's saying that all of these are, you know, either positive or negative attributions of those same spheres, but they're not the spheres in themselves. That's what I'm getting from it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Another class of number is an of immense importance. It is the series usually expressed in Roman numerals, which is printed on the tarot trumps here were two exceptions. The number is invariably one less than that of the letters of the alphabet, where they are numbered according to their natural order, from one to twenty two. Thus, Gammel the third letter pertains to trump two mem the thirteenth letter two number twelve. These numbers are very nearly of the same orderive idea as those of the numerical value of the letters. But they represent but they represent rather the active magical energy of the number than its essential being the return to the pure sepharoth. The numbers zero, one, two, three, five, and seven are primes. The other combinations of these primes. That's right here we have already here, we have already the principle of the equilibrium between the simple and the complex. At the same time, there there is an inherent virtue in these compound numbers as such, which makes it improper to think of them as merely combinations from their mathematical elements. Six is an idea in itself, a ding as sich, a ding as sich. The fact that six equals two times three is only one of its properties. Similar remarks apply to numbers above ten, But here the importance of the of the primes, as compared to that of the compound numbers, is much greater. Few compound numbers appear, in the present state of our knowledge in themselves as distinguished from the value of their mathematical elements. We may now, however, in since we may, we may, however instance ninety three, one, eleven, one, two, ten, four eighteen, and six hundred and sixty six.
Speaker 1: I gotta stop you there. So the way they compiled this book is completely wrong. This should have been the first chapter, because this is elaborating on a lot of the stuff that he was talking about earlier that didn't make any sense without it.
Speaker 2: Especially I remember the four eighteen and the sixty sixty six right exactly.
Speaker 3: But every prime is the expression of a quite definite idea for instance, nineteen is the general feminine glyph. Thirty one the highest feminine trinity, a great modulus of zero. Forty one is the aspect of the feminine as a vampire force who.
Speaker 2: Forty seven as dynamic and spasmodic, because it would be trump. Fifty three is heterogeneous.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's perfect right there, Like this is we shouldn't gloss this over.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fifteen is where we're at. Yeah, that's where we're at.
Speaker 3: Fifty nine is claiming its completement, and so on. Each prime number retains its peculiar significance in multiples. In its multiples.
Speaker 2: Thus, the number.
Speaker 3: Twenty three, a glyph of life, exhibits the life of the diad in forty six, and so on. The significance of the prime has been carefully worked out with fair accuracy in each case up to ninety seven. Above one hundred, only a few primes have been thoroughly investigated. This is because, by our present methods, such numbers can only be studied through their multiples. That is to say, if we wish to determine the nature of the number seventeen, we shall examine the series thirty four, fifty one, sixty eight, and so on to see what words and ideas correspond to them, we shall establish a ratio fifty one fifty one thirty four equals three two. From our knowledge of three and two, we can compare the effect produced upon them by the modulus seventeen. For instance, eighty two is the number of the angel of Venus. It means a thing beloved. One twenty three means war, a plague, pleasure violation, and one sixty four has the idea of cleaving, also of also of profane as opposed to sacred. The common element in these ideas is a dangerous fascination.
Speaker 2: Oh shit, Nasi.
Speaker 3: Whence once we say that forty one the highest common factor is the vampire.
Speaker 1: Well, so is it thirty one or forty one? Oh she said that earlier?
Speaker 3: Yeah right, I thought forty one was the female. Let me see, forty one is the aspect of the feminine as a vampire for us. And then he's saying, once we say that forty one the highest common factor is the vampire. Interesting, Yeah, it was the same. But the above considerations, which we would extend the letters of the magical alphabet to an infinity of symbols, are not properly pertinent to this essay. Our main object is convenience in communicating ideas, and this would be violated.
Speaker 2: If we aim too high.
Speaker 3: We can attain all our objectives for practical purposes by confining ourselves to the traditionally accepted scale of thirty two paths of ten numbers and twenty two letters. The only extension necessary is the inclusion of the three veils of the negative, a matter of fundamental importance in the apothectic structure of the tree given in the structure in the structural diagram. These veils are useful in only a few very positive lists. The numbers thirty one and thirty two must be duplicated because the letters chin possesses two very distinct branches of idea, one connected with the element of fire and the other with that of spirit. Also, the letter tau is referred both to the planet Saturn and the element Earth. This is a great defect in the scheme theoretically, but the traditional attributions are so numerous and well defined that no remedy seems feasible. In practice, no serious trouble of any kind is caused by the theoretical confusion.
Speaker 2: Ticket There's one last paragraph, Yeah, go for it.
Speaker 1: Okay, I didn't know. So one further difficulty has arisen owing to the discovery of the planets Neptune and Uranus. We have, however, tried He doesn't even mention Pluto because it wasn't discovered by the time he wrote this. But we have, however, tried to turn this into an advantage by including them with premium mobile a in a sephardic arrangement of the planets, and the device has justified itself by enabling us to construct a perfectly symmetrical attributions for the rulings and exaltations of the signs of the zodiac. For the rest, it need only be said that in the case of most lines of study, the key to success is the familiarity conferred by daily practice. So he's saying that the more you get into this stuff, the easier it is to new information or new you know, nodes of thought into the system, which I guess is an easy cope. Right now, we're onto the meaning of the primes. Yeah, we're right at thirty. Do you want to pick that up next time?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's yeah, I figure, yeah exactly, that'll work out good.
Speaker 2: And what's after that?
Speaker 3: After that we might actually be getting into the fucking shit finally, right, yes, holy crap, finally Yeah, after that one, we'll get into the table of correspondences.
Speaker 2: Nice, very cool.
Speaker 1: All right, so we are on page ninety one.
Speaker 2: Nice, it's funny, and it ends on ninety three. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's why they constructed it in this way. Well, I mean, they could reorder it, yeah, but I mean that section right there kind of explains a lot of what he was going into in the previous chapters, and it's not until after you get through all that stuff doesn't make sense. But this is kind of what we were talking about on the previous episodes, where we were talking about Crowley and his and his tarot is and his kabala is that you really have to get through it, all of this, you know, kind of it seems like junk up front to then relate back to the thing and then understand that these are like gems of wisdom that he's trying to get through to you. But he has, you know, autism to such a degree that makes it really hard to follow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I'll even say again, I mean there's I mean, there's ship that I've seen that's proof enough to me that this guy wrote in ciphers. So I'm assuming this Jamatri that he talks about, he's used himself in his own work, so I mean.
Speaker 1: Something absolutely.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: But you know it's it's not for the Week of Heart. That's why we chose this book.
Speaker 2: Yeah, recover it.
Speaker 1: You know, this is like advanced advance at shit. So he's writing this after he's studying this for decades, and so it seems like he's schizophrenically throwing in all these different references, but they do make sense when you dig into the material. Do you just have the time and energy to dig into the material? That's that's the real question, you know. All right, well, this is a great episode. Thank you guys for joining us again.
Speaker 2: Mail the story oh right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah yeah. If you got any of those occult experiences, any of those esoteric experiences, if you've been in a lodge and you want to explain those experiences as well, those would be great. Just email them to Headless Giant Podcasts at gmail dot com and we will read those on Thursday, along with bringing you these new symbols that we're coming up with. And you know, there's lots of really cool, exciting discoveries being made right now if you're paying attention to it.
Speaker 2: So some of the emails and.
Speaker 1: Things going on, right we got to get away from their going because you know, all of this stuff about Mephelum and demons and aliens, it's all there to distract you, and we've seen it being done over and over and over again, and they're not covering anything as substance. You got to get into the really meaty stuff for there to actually be stuff there. You know, speculation is fun, but it's not really going to advance us anywhere in terms of knowledge or experience or any of that stuff. So we got to get around it. And I think that's what we do here. You know, we're trying to give you stuff that you can actually dig into and understand on a different level, so you know, expand your vision. Oh and guys, if you have it yet, go back and look at our Auras episode from yesterday. It was a great time.
Speaker 2: Fun.
Speaker 3: That was really good. Actually, that was a good time. Yeah, that was a good show. Yeah, definitely check out out.
Speaker 1: You say it all the time. Understanding vision is like understanding the universe. You know, it's that's right there.
Speaker 3: Yoah, The idea for sure, for sure, I definitely think there's something up with again, Like I even you know, the occult symbolism that to use on a lot of animals. We all have different eyesight than us, Like I do think that some of them are just because of that reason. I mean, even look at the time where we were talking about the scorpion, we didn't know the whole fucking show was a DNA.
Speaker 2: What the fuck is that?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: Fucking weird, right, And you know, maybe Crowley knew about this stuff and he kind of encodes it in his work because you know, all this number relates to the eyes, all of this. You know, he talks about the vision and the voice where he's got you know, these horrendous demons and stuff attacking him. Or is he talking about his perceptions? You know, is he talking about the way his ego gets in the way of this stuff? So these are all possibilities.
Speaker 2: Too, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's well said, so well said on that one.
Speaker 1: Well, we'll see you next time. Thank you for joining us Later