Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to Quiz Quiz Bang Bang, the pub quiz practice show that hits your pow right in the quizzer. I'm David Flora.
Speaker 2: And I'm Anny Flora, and we're here to teach you more about trivia than there are ways that. Hey, i's gotta get ja. I said that voided gleefully. Sorry, Hey, I'm scary. I don't know I'm being.
Speaker 1: A sick Hi from one. Welcome our new Robotic Overlords.
Speaker 2: Speaking of Robotic Overlords. Oh, I haven't read it yet, so I'm excited. It's on my to read list. But I was just informed by Jamie about a book called Automatic Noodle and it's about robots and like a post apocalyptic world who decide to open a noodle shop. So I don't know. I don't know what it's about besides that, but I'm very much looking forward to reading it.
Speaker 1: Sounds delightful, is it light?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I think so.
Speaker 1: Sounds fun. Yeah, another fun thing is new patron Andrew Think Andrew. To you and everyone in the Bahrain trivia community. Please stay safe. Our thoughts are with you, and we're sending you guys all our love.
Speaker 2: Yes, and we'll have to study up on Bahrain to ask a couple of questions just for you guys.
Speaker 1: That's right. I'd love to know more, and don't forget everybody. We have a zoom trivia coming up on the second Saturday of April, that is April eleventh.
Speaker 2: You said second Saturday, so I decided it was on the second. I was like, April Fools Eve. I'm like, we're just the day after.
Speaker 1: I don't know, all fools Day.
Speaker 2: All Fools Day, that's right, And oh yeah, we decided that we're wearing costumes to every zoom Trivia now and that everyone participating us to as well. So where are your best all fools outfit for the next Zoom Trivia?
Speaker 1: I can't tell if she's serious or not either, So.
Speaker 2: If you want to, you're welcome to. If you don't want to, that also makes sense.
Speaker 1: If you get a petted by tomorrow, and that also makes sense, don't.
Speaker 2: Worry about it because we will probably forget and then you'll be like, wait.
Speaker 1: Otherwise I'm gonna keep on keeping on, and here is hell the show works. Wiz Quiz Bang Bang's format is four rounds of four questions each followed by the answers after round two, we'll ask a quick fire bang bang question where you'll have a time limit to give multiple answers. After the fourth round, the show culminates with the Big Bang, a final round with three questions, whose answers are all clues to one final question.
Speaker 2: Round one. Question one, the category is video games. Stuarton Sites performed a dance called the Squeegee, which went viral and was adapted for What video game as a limited time reward as an emote for two extra points? What is the dance move? Known as Question two? The category is history. This question comes from listener Bobby, THANKI, Bobby, Bobby? How many stars were on the Union flag at the onset of the American Civil War? Question three? The category is pop culture? Whose security guard allegedly made an eleven year old girl cry recently? Question four? The category is math. This question comes from listener nullan thank you nulled in a simple equation eight divided by four equals two, which number is known as the dividend, And now the answers to round one. Question one. Stuart's in Sites performed a dance called the Squeegee, which went viral and was adapted for What video game as a limited time reward as an emote and for two extra points. What is the dance move known as? Now the game is Fortnite, and the dance move is flossing. Stuart's in sites created the dance move, I guess from what you can tell with the Internet. And then a kid named like the Backpack Kid made it go viral, okay, and then Fortnite jumped on it and got this as an emote. But then I think Fortnite got sued because they were just taking it and they're like, hey, gives credit. And so now I don't think it's available anymore.
Speaker 1: You can't flow us in Fortnite.
Speaker 2: Not anymore. I don't think.
Speaker 1: There are others.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't play.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Don't let me.
Speaker 2: Question two. How many stars were on the Union flag at the onset of the American Civil War thirty three. At the beginning of the war, the Union flag carried thirty three stars. However, in early eighteen sixty one, Kansas joined the Union and that brought it up to thirty four, and then I think it could hit thirty five and then unofficially thirty six because I whoever became thirty six was like right when the war was ending, They're like, oh, okay, you need Norman.
Speaker 1: He's just Pokemon trainers.
Speaker 2: Question three, whose security guard allegedly made an eleven year old girl cry? Recently? Chapel Roane. It was I think Jude lost kid with his ex and so was with the mom and she's married to a soccer star now and he was like, calm yourself, and she didn't like that. Question four. In a simple equation, eight divided by four equals two, which number is known by the dividend eight? And a question like this, the dividend divided by the divisor equals the quotient As a memory aid, and this is a helpful tidbit from Nolan. The three different values appear in alphabetical order. Dividend, divisor, quotient.
Speaker 1: Round two. Question five. The category is film, which nineteen ninety two crime thriller starred Omar Epps and Tupac Shakur, but does not include oj Simpson. Question six category music. This one comes to us from Brian the Language Guy. Thank you, Brian, Thank you, Brian. Ignoring a definite article, what album title is shared between yes and nine inch Nails? Question seven category animals? The order Testudines comprises what animals? Question eight, category mythology. Who presented Pandora with her infamous box? And now the answers to round two? Question five? Which nineteen ninety two crime thrillers starred Omar Epps and Tupac Shakur, but not O J. Simpson Juice get it?
Speaker 2: His nickname was juice.
Speaker 1: Ha Question six, ignoring a definite article, what album title is shared between Yes and nine inch Nails fragile? Nine inch Nails had the fragile and Yes had fragile? Question seven? The order Testudinese comprises what animals you think about? The Roman legions using the testudo configuration to make themselves little turtles with their shields. That's where you get that turtles or tortoises to studentees. Question eight, Who presented Pandora with her infamous box? Zeus? Originally it was a jar and it was a punishment for mankind after Prometheus stole fire.
Speaker 2: He knew she wouldn't be able to resist.
Speaker 1: It seems like entrapment to me.
Speaker 2: Bro. That's it's for the first half, which means it's time for the Bang Bang Round. The category for this week's Bang Bang Round is Geography. You will have thirty seconds to answer the following question. What are the seven countries that border Sudan? Your time starts.
Speaker 1: Now, and that's time. The seven countries that border Sudan are the Central African Republic, Chad, Egypt, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Libya, and South Sudan.
Speaker 2: Round three. Question nine. The category is television. What do the fishermen try and catch on the Discovery Channel show Deadliest Catch? Question ten? The category is games and hobbies. In blackjack, increasing the initial bet by one hundred percent and taking exactly one more card is known by what two word phrase? Question eleven. The category is literature. Which children's book by Julia Donaldson was inspired by a Chinese folk tale called The Fox that Borrows The Terror of a Tiger? Question twelve. The category is science, an instrument dating to ancient times? What does an astrolabe measure the position of? And now the answers to Round three question nine? What do the fishermen try and catch on the Discovery Channel show Deadliest Catch Crab? Question ten? In blackjack, increasing the initial bet by one hundred percent and taking exactly one more card is known by what two word phrase? Doubling down? Question eleven, which children's picture book by Julia Donaldson was inspired by a Chinese folk tale called the Fox that borrows the terror of a tiger the gruffalo. Question twelve an instrument dating to ancient times? What does an astrolabe measure the position of heavenly bodies?
Speaker 1: Round four? Question thirteen The category is anatomy. Which part of the brain is responsible for voluntary movement? Question fourteen? Category Sports? This one comes to us from Major Data.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Major, Thank you, Major Data.
Speaker 1: The two thousand and six Olympic silver medallist for women's free skate has almost the same name with which British actor who plays Methisto in the MCU. Question fifteen. Category Food and Drink. If an Indian dish is described as sag saag, what does it contain? Question sixteen? Category Art? The works of a painter, composer, or author, regarded collectively are known by what French term? And now the answers to round four Question thirteen. Which part of the brain is responsible for voluntary movement the motor cortex? Question fourteen. The two thousand and six Olympic silver medallist for women's free skate has almost the same name with which British actor who plays Mephisto in the MCU Sasha Baron Cohen. Her name is Sasha Cohen.
Speaker 2: There's so much MCU now that I forgot Sasha Baron Cohen was part of the universe.
Speaker 1: A newer Yeah. Yeah, he was an iron heart, which was pretty decent, I thought. Yeah. Question fifteen. If an Indian dish is described as sag, what does it contain spinach? Of course if you said mustard greens or any kind of green leafy vegetable like that, that we take it as well. Usually you get spinach.
Speaker 2: With this.
Speaker 1: Question sixteen, the works of a painter, composer, or author, regarded collectively are known by what French term ovra ovra That comes from the Latin oprah, which is you get a car. Yeah, everybody gets all this stuff. It's related to the word opus.
Speaker 2: Oh that makes sense.
Speaker 1: So ope, r a oprah. Not to be confused, I guess with opera, but I'm sure it's it's all related.
Speaker 2: And that's it for the regular rounds, which means it's time for the Big Bang Round. The category for this week's Big Bang Round is music. This question is brought to you by listeners, Sarah, Thank you, Sarah, Thank you Sarah. We'll give you three clue questions, which are all hints to one final question. The clue questions may not fall under the same category. Question one, William Penn, the namesake of the province of Pennsylvania, was a member of what religion?
Speaker 1: Question two? Edward Teach was better known by what fearsome nickname?
Speaker 2: Question three? What type of word especially popular in comic books? Phonetically imitates, resembles or suggests a sound that it refers to?
Speaker 1: And your big bang question? Again, the category is music. What did Prince serve instead of alcohol at his real lease party for his album Emancipation in nineteen ninety six?
Speaker 2: And now the answers to the big Bang round. Question one, William Penn was a member of what religion? Quaker?
Speaker 1: Question two Edward Teach was better known by what fearsome nickname? Blackbeard?
Speaker 2: Question three? What type of word especially popular in comic books? Phonetically imitates resembles or suggests a sound that it refers to on a monopoia?
Speaker 1: And finally, what did Prince serve instead of alcohol at his release party for his album Emancipation in nineteen ninety six, originally made by Quaker Oats Company, featuring a seafaring leader with a signature on a monopoia. It's Captain Crunch.
Speaker 2: I guess it fits with the release of the album because he sings, Oh great, now you think you're my soul mate. You don't even know what kind of cereal I like? Wrong, Captain Crunch with soy milk.
Speaker 1: I like that. He uh, he assumes no one will guess that correctly. Well, thank you guys for listening. Thanks for sending in questions. We always appreciate that. Don't forget. We have zoom Trivia the second Saturday of April April eleventh, noon, Mountain time, and if you like what we do, feel free to buy us a coffee at ko dash fi dot com, slash quizbangpod or be like Andrew and joinni our Patreon at patreon dot com slash Quizbang. At the one dollar level you get add free episodes, and at five dollars and up you get an extra episode each month, special themed episodes where there's a theme.
Speaker 2: It's thematic.
Speaker 1: Other than that. Hope you guys are doing all right, hanging in there, stay safe in this crazy old World.
Speaker 2: Watch out, Free Eye, it's behind you.
Speaker 1: I don't know why I keep it's on your mind. For this episode of Quiz Quiz Bang Bang, I've been, David, Flora.
Speaker 2: I've been, and Flora, here's looking at you. Quiz