Speaker 1: We are with a twenty twenty four world champion and even more importantly, part of that dog bullpen that carried the Dodgers through October. He is now with the Chicago Cubs, and that is the one and only Ryan Braza.
Speaker 2: Ryan, thanks a lot for the time. Yeah, no problem, man, Excited to be back in LA.
Speaker 1: Yesterday was a special day for you, I'm sure, being able to not only get your World Series ring, but to have your bullpen mates present you with it.
Speaker 2: What was the feeling? Yeah, it was really cool.
Speaker 3: You know, I didn't really know what to expect, how I was gonna get it, or you know, when they were gonna do it. But I really liked how they you know, the bullpen guys brought it out with some of the pitching coaches and Doc was out here and a little more like personal I.
Speaker 2: Guess it was. It was really cool.
Speaker 1: So were you surprised when it was the relievers that you pitched with last year?
Speaker 2: No, not really.
Speaker 3: You know, like we had a pretty good, you know, strong group down there. You know, everybody was pretty close and but like I said, I'm glad that that's the way they.
Speaker 2: Decided to do it.
Speaker 1: How proud are you of what those guys, what you were able to do together as a unit, because it was very unique.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure, you know it.
Speaker 3: You know, not having a full staff that was healthy, you know, starting pitching wise, and having to have a couple of bullpen games in the playoffs.
Speaker 2: You know, it's kind of wild, honestly.
Speaker 3: You know, you don't see it work out very often for teams that try to do that. You know, most of the teams that you know, win in the playoffs or winning the World Series are have three or four, like you know, fully healthy starting pitchers.
Speaker 2: But what we were able to do.
Speaker 3: Down there and kind of piece it together and even just the team as a whole was.
Speaker 1: Was super special, especially in this day and age where obviously business and baseball kind of bleeds together. What does it say about the character of all of you to kind of put that aside and just be focused on winning.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like I said, man, it's it's a different, different atmosphere, different ball game.
Speaker 2: You know, once you get to October.
Speaker 3: And you know, I think everybody kind of bought into the idea of it. You know, whether you're throwing the first inning or the last inning, like you know, just try to go and get twenty of an ounce.
Speaker 1: Ryan Brazier, world champion last year with the Dodgers, is our guest. Okay, I want to ask you about these sequence of events Game five of the World Series, not only what Walker Buehler did, but what Blake Trining did. Can you take us through where you were and just what that meant to the team to have Blake and Walker do what they did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you know, Walker was in. I went inside after I pitched and he was on the training table and.
Speaker 2: We scored all those runs.
Speaker 3: And you know, obviously the bullpen came in early that game. So Walker was like, all right, you got to stop working on me because I'm gonna go down to the bullpen. And I'm like, dude, you're think, aren't you supposed to pitch tomorrow or whatever? And anyways, you know, he went down to the bullpen, and you know Blake coming in and getting out.
Speaker 2: But Blake was huge, you.
Speaker 3: Know, all the whole postseason last year, and he you know, I got big out after big out and and you know, threw more pitches and I think I've ever seen him throw in a game.
Speaker 2: You know, a couple of times during throughout the.
Speaker 3: Playoffs, and you know Walker coming in to shut the door like he did, you know, after after some some rough outings or whatever. Just like I said, it just getting twenty seven outs as quick as we can. And you know, everybody was kind of bought into the same idea.
Speaker 1: You know, the visualization I have, the image I have of what you're describing yourself. Included is a US aircraft carrier and they're sending up all these Tomahawk jets and those jets are all you guys, the relievers in that game five.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, I don't know, you know how you want to explain it, but you know it just we knew that we were gonna have to throw a lot of innings as a group, and you know, just just never wavered on when we were pitching or you know what any it was.
Speaker 2: You know, everybody just was ready. Whatever.
Speaker 1: You're a two time world champion, Can you tell us whether or not it's true? Whenever you see those guys that you want a world serious with, how close is that bond forever?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: It is, you know for sure.
Speaker 3: You know, even guys that I see from eighteen, you know that are still playing or I haven't seen a couple of years.
Speaker 2: You know, it's like we haven't spent.
Speaker 3: Any time apart, you know, being here and getting to see you know, the guys here.
Speaker 1: It's just it's been been really cool last a couple of days. Ryan Brazier is a big sports fan. So what do you think about my Lakers?
Speaker 2: I mean, obviously I'm I'm a Mavericks fan, so.
Speaker 3: You soon no, I you know, listen, I nobody can explain, you know, why or how that happened.
Speaker 2: But you know, I hope Luca wins. I'm I'm a Lebron fan, you.
Speaker 3: Know, I guess out of everybody still in it, I'm kind of rooting for the Lakers.
Speaker 2: I guess I'd like to see Luca get it.
Speaker 3: And it'd be kind of a big you know, f you to the to the Mavericks, you know, getting to go and win one.
Speaker 2: But yeah, you know, I we'll see, all.
Speaker 1: Right, maybe I'll get you a seventy seven Lakers jersey.
Speaker 2: I mean I.
Speaker 3: Would be against it if I want to get it in like an adult medium, my son.
Speaker 1: Can were Okay, love it, love it and you'll try on your New World series ring.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've already tried it all. A couple of times.
Speaker 1: Thanks a lot for the time, Ryan, always great to catch up with you. And your toughness and your competitiveness and your strength really obviously left a big mark on a lot of guys, and I saw it and I know how much you meant.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much,