Speaker 1: Sports Page with The Orlando Sentinel at FM ninety six to nine.
Speaker 2: In the games, Mike the Bulldog beyond you on jr. R.
Speaker 3: Bulldog Sports Page, brought you by Kaufin and Lind Don't forget that. Jeff Coffin'll be here next hour taking your legal questions. If you get something you want to text over to US two two five to six Bulldog. Before we get to the disaster that was in state college and pro football this weekend, do you want to touch the non football entities first?
Speaker 4: Here this morning, let's roll through him first of all, my man, Joey Logano wins the NASCAR Championship. I picked Tim Fellow Baldman, although he wears a two pay third straight third not third straight third NASCAR championship. For Logano, he's one of only ten drivers to ever won three or more championships. Kyle Busch is the only other active driver with multiple titles. And Logano wasn't even gonna be in the playoffs. Remember when he was eliminated second round? Yeah, second round. He got reinstated when Alex Bow failed the post race inspection. Then he wins the following week in Vegas and gets in the Championship four and he wins the race.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, I look at our sheet from Friday. We had Pat, had Reddick, I had Blaneye and Dog.
Speaker 3: Blanie was second.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yep, Magic, Yeah first your last Pat. Oh, I know, I know, so the Magic the franz a. He had twenty three and seven assists. Last night, Magic won their second straight game over the pathetic Washington Wizards, won twenty one to ninety four. The Magic were zero to five on that road trip, but now they've won two straight home games by twenty seven points heat, So hopefully the Magic can keep it going. What about our soccer teams? Orlando City advances in the playoffs over the weekend in a shootout over Charlotte in the final game of that series. They end up winning four to one in the shootout. Now they advanced, they're gonna host Atlanta United, which Alsted Olsted Inner, Miami and Messy and all the money they spent on that team. They're ousted from the playoffs by Atlanta United.
Speaker 3: Bulldog I mentioned this to Taco at the start of the show. I wanted to ask you, have you ever in memory seen a professional sports league their organization openly rooting for one of their teams to be in the finals as much as MLS did. And I get it, I totally get they wanted more eyeballs drawn to the sport for MLS purposes and all that, but I see, I just sometimes it's almost you make your own bed man.
Speaker 4: And plus they they sort of circumvented, circumvented all the salary cap rules right him on Inter Miami Messy twenty million dollars in total compensation. Atlanta United's entire payroll is five million dollars. Right, So yeah, I was actually gad glad to see Inner Miami get austed and now Orlando City has a chance to advance. The Orlando Pride they advanced as well. Barbara Bannons scores two goals as the Pride.
Speaker 3: They rolled over the.
Speaker 4: Weekend that that team is going to win the title. I'm predicting that right now. They could have beat they could have beat Inner Miami. I don't know about that. Well, I don't know either, but they are badasses, I tell you. They did beat Chicago four to one, so they advanced as well. The other ugly news up in Gainesville, Gators basketball coach Todd Golden being investigated for a number of sexually charged allegations, stalking, cyber stalking, former, former and current female UF students up there, but he's still coaching the team. As of tonight, he's gonna coach against Grambling State. Personally, I would have put the guy on the leave of absence and said, hey, let's get to the bottom of the and then maybe you can come back and coach. But man, some go go read the stories and ugly allegations.
Speaker 2: There are we ready for football? Did I get it all?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I think football if you were a It's rooted for any of the N state teams. College. It's up to the Dolphins now to salvage the weekend tonight.
Speaker 4: Imagine that, right, Gators, Noles, Knights, Canes, they all lose, Bucks lose yesterday the Jaguars were terrible. I guess the biggest news is Georgia Tech Hans Miami its first loss of the season. The Hurricanes Canes. In my mind, the Canes have to win the ACC champions They cannot afford to lose another regular season game, not with their schedule. They have no ranked team. They've not beaten a ranked team this season, so they need to win out. In my mind to get into the college football playoff, even though right now they only have one loss. UCF loses the Arizona State over the weekend. Bad call by Gus Malzon and that coaching staff. Right at the end of the first half. They've got the ball at the half yard line, only forty three seconds left. Arizona State has no timeouts and they elect to throw the ball out of the end zone. Red Shirt freshman Dylan Ritzk throws to pick six that sort.
Speaker 2: Of flipped the game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so bad bad play call by Malzon.
Speaker 2: FSU.
Speaker 4: They get pounded by Notre Dame and Mike Norvel fired both.
Speaker 2: Of us court.
Speaker 3: I saw that yesterday. You know, let's just go ahead and fire you now. You know.
Speaker 4: Okay, Gators were no match for Texas over the weekend. You know, the third team quarterback just could not get it done against the best defense in college football. So the Gators get pounded as well. NFL yesterday. I'll tell you what, I give the Buck even though they lost their four straight game.
Speaker 2: I give it the Bucks a lot of credit.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you watched that game, but Baker Mayfield fought his ass good he did. At the end of that game, and they end up losing to the forty nine ers on a last second field goal by Jake Moody, who'd missed three earlier field goals during the game. So the Bucks end up losing that game, and the Jags my god, fired Doug Peterson. Please, it's not gonna do any good. But one hundred and forty three yards of total offense for the Jaguars yesterday, oh god, twelve to seven they lose to the Vikings. The Vikings didn't even score touchdown? How did they beat the Jaguars and most of the stadium in Jacksonville yesterday, purple clad Vikings fans.
Speaker 3: It's sad.
Speaker 2: It's ugly up in Jacksonville right now, it really is.
Speaker 3: It looked like the Chiefs were going to go down, but no, no, no, it was not to be.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: Did you see that?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, I saw the block field goal.
Speaker 4: It was unbelievable block field goal thirty five yards out, and it looked like they were gonna lose the game. So, yeah, what about your Lions last night? They won it last second as well, off the foot of the kicker.
Speaker 3: Yes, and they were down pretty damn big sixteen points. They were down so you know they come roaring back. Literally, lions get it roaring Wow. All right. Mike the Bulldog the achy host of Open Mic on AM seven forty and FM ninety six to ninety Game. He takes time out of his show each morning to join us here for the sports page each morning, brought you by Kaufman and Lynd.
Speaker 2: That is correct.
Speaker 4: You can watch Attorney or listen to Attorney Jeff Coffin's radio show Under Oath every Saturday morning's seven thirty on FM ninety six nine. In the game, you can catch extended versions on your favorite streaming platform oo oo.
Speaker 1: Check out the Lynching Taco Off the Air podcast FW episodes posted every Thursday on the iHeartRadio app yeallloaded for free at doublejrr dot com.
Speaker 3: From the b