Speaker 1: It's the Lapsed Fan Wrestling podcast with Jack and carn s e O and JP Sorrow.
Speaker 2: He's a lapsed fan and all my years and wrestling.
Speaker 3: I never seen anything.
Speaker 2: And it's the laps fan man like the one in the ring.
Speaker 3: Forget about Sado. He the real king of swing. When the bell goes in the kick like me throwing in the corner, but gets rash like stick even Jerry King gets take off. The crowd nodded in his head like its Steve low Brown. Would you get low down? We go even high up?
Speaker 4: Flipp you on your head, but you know cool driver, you speak more and Dragon spits fire give you more shock than when he treats higher drop a more truth than the con of sniper unless you with a coconut Roddy Pipper Jack a JP. He like j h D drop the cupcakes and gold the brain Bob means the best podcast Frost start the close cloud if you are it's a five second polls.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to w c W.
Speaker 5: SID Basically ship man, it's Vince and you know better than this shit. We don't book a flight and a match on the same day that you're arriving England, so we go over there. We fly in the frank fot driven and stuff. We have to drive driving an hour whatever we go do this show.
Speaker 6: We got to drive.
Speaker 5: H We drove like three hours, excuse me, like three hours to show off an airplane, got to the building, we did the show. After the show, we had like a three or four hours drive, maybe even five back to the hotel where we stand at Frankfurt, and you know, hey, everybody's on the fucking bus. You start taking pills, you have a few drinks. You know, shit start getting heated. Next thing, you know, everybody talking about this motherfucker making money. That motherfucker making money. Rick Flair on Anderson started talking about Flair this that the money she started gotting heated ship. Next thing you know, we get back to the hotel, flying on Anderson bitch and wanting. Next thing, you know, beers flying across the table, the dylaner, the rental copy and they're trying to break motherfuckers up up. They sell that ship down. Some more shit fly. The next thing you know, Sid throws the fucking beer, Doug sending the guys to the room. Everybody's like fuck it. Everybody goes to the room. Ship I'm up there getting hashed out, ship smoking big hash and shut. But I hear somebody. I'm like, what the fuck somebody fainting. I'm thinking it's Vader. I'm like, God, damn it, Vader off his starting shit with somebody again.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 5: So I'm like, you know, scorp, I'm about the only motherfucker calming down, bringing back, like, hey, man, just leave it alone. So I go over to the Vader. Shit, I ain't the mother fuckering through the door. I'm like, damn, I go down the heading ship. I go down the steps. I see blood gall over, blood on the left, blood on the right, blood all down the fucking hallway. Shit, I'll keep on walking. I get down to the fucking hend the hallway. I'm not even the goddamn child. I get down there. Man, Iron, Anders and Sivis down their brawl, and they covered the fucking blood. Sid Vicious got the sizs got Iron Andison boy the hair. He's booting him in the fucking face, stamping him with the scizzors every which way, every place he can fuck of stamp. Arn Anderson got blood just spitting down like a fucking horror movie. And shit, man, so I was like, Damn, finally I see Seeing kicking Arn Anderson nose doesn't want a He turned straight the fuck up, and I'm like, Damn, I jumped in boom, push him a partner.
Speaker 6: Shit.
Speaker 5: Arn Anderson kind of falls against the wall from half drunk and half locks of blood and shit.
Speaker 6: You know, he kind of stumbles against the wall. Seeing kind of steps back.
Speaker 5: He looks at me, and I just stepped back in my stands like Damn said, I don't have to take you down. You know what I'm saying, But they she gotta stop. Sid just looked at me, freaked out, ran toward the back door. The door was locked. He kicked the motherfucker, shout at the fucking door, fucking pushed it open, ran out. He scooped around to the front and Vader just having to be sitting down there wife tried to call his wife and stuff down in his underwear and and and endland and in Germany, Man they locked the doors at twelve o'clock, one o'clock. If you're not back in the hotel, they locked the door, you have to buzz them they let you back in. So Seeing runs around. Vader's down in the lobby. See it runs into the fucking door. Shit, the door open, the sied It just fucking kicks the fucking door. The glass fucking shatter. He walks through the fucking glass, vanishing. They're freaking out there. The toples and holds him down, sit and spitting blood from his stomach and everything and stuff. You know, Man Rich the guys off, his guys all up in there. Next thing, you know, they fighting on the first floor. I mean right down by Rick Flair, Ricky Steve Boat's room, and I mean these guys are supposed to be their buddies and not one of these chicken shit motherfuckers.
Speaker 6: Mok.
Speaker 5: After goddamn room, I'm up born to goddamn set the floor and I gotta come down and break the shit up.
Speaker 6: That's bullshit.
Speaker 5: And then I'm not even office, but yet amulance police come up. They rope the shit off man, like this a damn murder case, you know what I'm saying. Next thing, you know, these guys going to the hospitals, and me and one of the office guys going to the hospital with them.
Speaker 6: So I'm over here filling out.
Speaker 5: Papers for him, filling our papers for sick and the real name the address the whole nine yard doing the same thing for Sid on this side.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying. I'm like, damn, you know what I'm.
Speaker 5: Saying, So seas you got to have exploratory surgery, you know, arms got to get passed up from head to toe. Dan there and shit with all these damn pests. They end up staying there for a week, two weeks, we move on. Next thing, you know, they end up going back home and they want to press charge. You want to lock the guys up. Hey, that was it, man?
Speaker 8: So I guess Sid's back in the territory. Who was that too cold Scorpio?
Speaker 3: Oh wow, I've never heard her speak.
Speaker 8: I was wondering if just my context clues you might pick it up. But yeah, smoking big hash. I feel like there have been a lot of people who you know, but Jesus Christ, that's a fucking riot. What do you know about the cid arn Anderson's stabbing incident?
Speaker 3: Uh, only what we've talked about in the past. You know, I know that it happened. I know I know that there's it's a I think, if I remember correctly, it's a little bit different than what legend would have you believe. I don't know why exactly, but I remember when we did Starkad, that Starkad ninety three that there was it was like it wasn't as it wasn't as one sided as as it seems.
Speaker 8: So let me ask you what a tribute to Sid and our arrival here on his chronology to his return to WCW in nineteen ninety three be a good time to perform a TLF autopsy on said matter.
Speaker 3: I would say there's no better time.
Speaker 8: And is it improper of me to refer to it as an autopsy considering both sliced each other open?
Speaker 3: I think there's no more appropriate term.
Speaker 8: This is fine, right, this is wrestling, so we have to we have to emphasize that, you know, Sid was nice to his grandkids over the fact that he nearly killed arn Anderson. Yeah, it's fine because we want to like Sid if if well, I don't know want to like Sid, but I mean, you know, the bottom line is it's wrestling, so so physical brutality and.
Speaker 3: You know, disregard for human life, disregard for human life and just sheer acts of violence are acceptable because it's fake and therefore, you know, how can it really hurt them? Even behind the scenes. That's so true.
Speaker 8: Yeah, when wrestlers really engage in an actual fight, it still kind of lands in the fans' minds and memories. Is just another fake squabble, you know, something that's more about legend and high spots than it is about the fact that, No, this is no longer bullshit, ladies and gentlemen. This is now a referendum on the characters of the individuals involved. And if you're Sid, if he wasn't the box office attraction he was, and wasn't able to command the money he was able to command, this sends his career. If he's even anywhere close to the mid card or the opening card he does something like this, you can forget about it. Yeah, And so, of course, no examination of the unique and remarkable career of Sid Uty as we're continuing to embark upon here on the lapsed Fan would be complete that a strict hard pause on nineteen ninety three, when, as we talked about last time, Sid has exited WWF in the spring of nineteen ninety two, after main eventing with Hulk Hogan at WrestleMania and Boss There's nothing more Sid than main eventing with Hogan at Mania and saying, fuck this, I'm out of here.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, exactly, No, that's that's completely accurate.
Speaker 8: I'd much rather go to a territory that's on its ass, can barely put a thousand people in a building, if not five hundred in some towns. But it's still, you know, issuing checks that rely, that arrive in a predictable and steady manner in the mailbox, regardless of what I do or don't do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, of course, you know, the less reliable what you do in the ring, providing the most reliable you know, reimbursement of your talents and terms of financial gain is. Of course, that's the way it should be.
Speaker 8: I mean, if two Cold's version is to be believed, and for what it's worth, when he was alive, Sid did lend some creed to Scorpio's version, if only because he recalls Scorpio being around during the actual squabble with Arn, whereas a lot of other people like Vader were on the periphery and not eyewitnesses to the damn thing. Although I don't know how two Cold squares the fact that he saw Vader snoring like a mammoth in his hotel room and then later, Scorpio's down in the lobby in Vader's in his underwear talking to his wife on the payphone. I don't know how both can be possible within the span of a couple of minutes.
Speaker 3: But well, I mean it's Vader.
Speaker 8: Well, I think it's impossible because it is Vader.
Speaker 3: I mean, I see, this is the thing. I think it's impossible and possible because it's.
Speaker 8: Vader, and Vader certainly has his version. I mean, this is so Vader. Where's my credit for neither guy catching a murder charge because I plug a hole in Sid Vicious his stomach in the lobby. Vader wants to know why this whole thing isn't about him.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't think that's wrong, you know, I think I think Vader has every right to make every you know, every single major behind the scenes squabble about him. And of course, I mean because if he's listen, the more tension he gets, possibly the more money he gets, and then the more food he can eat, the more he can eat.
Speaker 8: However, you know, choose to define it whatever a metaphor you want to put for eat.
Speaker 3: The massive thing about it, you know, that's just it right there, if anything provides potential, you know, sustenence, you know, then he's he's going to do it, and we're gonna manish it and we're going to do it.
Speaker 8: And the reason, as you mentioned that this last came up in the TLF ten year catalog with Stark ninety three was because, let's not forget, part of Sid's return to WDCW nineteen ninety three was basically being programmed in to win the world title and headlines Stark nineteen ninety three against Vader. Ultimately, that title shot went to a returning Rick Flair, who finishes up with the World Wrestling Federation about eight to nine months, maybe ten months after Sid leaves the WWF and comes back to WCW in time to close out nineteen ninety three in North Carolina, winning the championship from Vader in one of the most memorable matches and moments in WCW history. But we cannot forget that originally it was to be the battle of the Masters of the power bomb, Sid versus Vader. We most recently Bozie recalled that a Clash of the Champions where Sid and Vader were tag teaming. They did that Beach Blast with that horrible fucking mini movie in the Exploding Boat and all that nonsense, great shit, great shit with Sting and Davy Boys Smith and others, and that was all nineteen ninety three. Nineteen ninety three was the absolute doldrums for World Championship Wrestling and led to the transition from the Bill Watts experiment to Eric Bischoff gaining power in kind of a head scratching moment for so many in the business, who you thought that they would pick someone with more tenure and more pedigree in terms of running a wrestling operation. But it speaks to kind of how how much they were throwing up their hands that an announcer who talked a good game and who understood the language of television and sales got this hugely influential position atop WCW, essentially running the entire TV operation. But that that's where WCW was in nineteen ninety three, and in a lot of ways, Sid's returned to WCW. What was part and parcel of defining the earliest days of the Eric Bischoff regime, because this is basically one of the first disciplinary matters that Eric Bischoff had to handle. So this is the WCW that or we came to know during the boom period, just starting to form with Sid there at the helm, you know, commanding a high salary and commanding basically everyone's respect, because well, let let let's level set. What do you recall, even if in vague broad strokes about why these two started fighting too cold there in the clipping relaters from an RF video shoot interview, by the way, did intimate a bit of it? Why do you think they ended up stabbing each other?
Speaker 3: I I I don't. If you don't remember, that's that, that's there were some squabble and I know that you know it ended up with pain, end up with paying.
Speaker 8: SID comes in with big money, big money, big promises, and then kind of even renegotiates for even more money shortly before they go in this European tour in October. And that's pissing off the Rick Flair R and Anderson camp as you can imagine, who have no love lost for a Sid that they, as we've talked about earlier in our SID tribute, had no They were hardly impressed with Sid's run through the Four Horsemen. Let's put it that way. Even though Rick Flair ultimately ends up following Sid to the WWF, and thus that big brother little brother syndrome that Sid tried to talk about Flair in the context of when you would shoot interviews looking back continues even now Sid's back, and again he's getting paid more than everybody else, and so there's some resentment about that. And Sid is not one to shy away from really bragging about how the money he's making and being paid is completely justified, completely deserved, because he's an actual stupor star and all the rest of these guys are Jay Browns basically, and he's saying about Rick Flair in this squabble, this verbal argument with Arn Anderson. I heard two called talk about Rick Flair being there. I'm not quite sure he was actually there. He may have been, he certainly wasn't in the mix and hasn't talked about as somebody that was an eyewitness to or participant in the fight. It seems like when this is talked about, it's just an argument between Sit and Arn. But everyone who does tell the story does talk about everyone being really kind of loose and boozed up from these long bus rides. Whereas we'll talk about bus there was no one making sure there wasn't alcohol on the bus. Let's put it that way.
Speaker 3: I mean, I understand these guys. These guys, you know, they have a requirement and you know they have a necessity, and that is when you are when you are traveling that you need to be loaded.
Speaker 8: Yeah, especially when you go on a European tour.
Speaker 3: Yes, this is just so long.
Speaker 8: I mean, how can we possibly fly for six hours without getting completely shit faced?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 3: I mean doesn't everybody do that? Yes?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 8: Doesn't everybody you know just just completely collapse from a willpower perspective at the thought of a transatlantic flight. I mean, where's the piece? I mean, I don't understand why this isn't acceptable and forgivable with a crew of professional wrestlers witness the Clean Ride from Hell in the w w A as well, it's all fine.
Speaker 3: It's all yeah, it's and it's normal human behavior.
Speaker 8: I mean, is it normal, as Scorpio describes basically blood streaked walls in this hotel in England?
Speaker 3: Yes, in the hallways, yes I have. Haven't you ever see the shining?
Speaker 8: I mean, Sid is kind of Jack Nicholson esque in this story.
Speaker 3: Yes he is, Yeah, he is he's he's definitely been held up a little too long, And.
Speaker 8: He would go on to say that basically, as far as he knows and can discern, the psycho Sid character he would go on to portray in w WF in no small part going back to WWF because he wouldn't be long for World Championship Wrestling after doing this. Needless to say, the idea that he was psycho in some way stems from this. Now, we did kind of sort of debunk that as he comes to the ring at WrestleMania eight.
Speaker 3: We played yeah play, I mean, they call him psycho Sid Justice.
Speaker 8: So they thought he was psycho way before he nearly killed arn Anderson. You know, it's definitely a proof point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I'll take that.
Speaker 8: Definitely doesn't reduce the case anyway. This is an argument between Sid and Arn over what's wrong with WCW. As Sid likes to get in fights about what's wrong with the company. So it's never his salary. By the way, it's a booking argument. It's a booking argument, yes, and Sid makes and we'll get down to what parties involved, and eyewitnesses said. He said, basically makes a flippant comment about how old men like Rick Flair need to get out of the way, and then this company might actually be able to pave the path forward. Of course, Sid's coming from New York, so so is Flair. But you know he's coming from New York, so he's walking around talking about how much better they do things over there and how much more professionalized they are.
Speaker 3: Which is hilarious because why'd you leave?
Speaker 8: Yeah, because they wanted a fucking drug test and that's why. And as much as a common narrative wants to hold that Sid leaves WCW in nineteen ninety three because of this incident, a close examination of the chronology reveals that they certainly weren't. The ww brass certainly wasn't beyond trying to negotiate to keep Sid, even for he really fully killed arn Anderson. Really yes, and that you know nineteen ninety three, right, who gets indicted in November nineteen ninety three on steroid distribution allegations?
Speaker 3: Not me?
Speaker 8: Yes, Uh, the major companies are from the pressure and they're drug testing. Not ill we start talking about testing regimes, is said, booking the next flight out of town. Me thinks so, and is he trying to reverse engineer reasons to leave that have nothing to do with drug testing.
Speaker 3: Yes, he is. I want to play softball. I don't want to play it now, I want to play yesterday. Ah, don't need to test. I'm not authorized to test.
Speaker 8: No, no, we want to asking you said to administer the test. You must misunderstand. I'm here if I have to test others, but I will not test myself. I will test your will I have already tested my limits. I will test your tolerance for absurdity in the boardroom. Isn't it kind of bizarre that for such a softball enthusiast, Sid did nothing but play hard ball behind the scenes in his wrestling career.
Speaker 3: Very true, So we're going to.
Speaker 8: Get another example, another exhibit of the character of the man. One would call this defining, Others would call this the exception. But regardless, it's one of the more infamous things to ever happen in a major wrestling organization in terms of backstage fights that reach kind of a insane levels. Just just really that it got this far and scissors got involved, It's just incredible. I mean, Arn's got a trim his beard, right, I mean he's got to bring scissors on the road. Come on, arn, can you make sure trim and his beard.
Speaker 3: Sitting in the bathroom, you know, like just just fucking trimming away.
Speaker 8: Just hear the snip, snip snip, you know what I mean? Like, oh damn, just these scraggly hairs. He's not satisfied until everything's relatively equal.
Speaker 3: Everything exactly, not just that, that's exactly it. You know, he cannot stand any sort of like extra length hair.
Speaker 8: On his face like a pro wrestler with fucking fluorescent lighting in a cheap England hotel room with the lighting on the mirror in the bathroom, no shirt on and a white towel or other ways trimming their beard at like one point thirty in the morning. Is that is that him trimming? Or is that Sid stabbing?
Speaker 3: No, that's that's that's trimming.
Speaker 8: So let me ask you when it comes to Sid stabbing arm, what would that be downed Blike, I mean, you're so good at making stab noises that I have the feeling that it just traumatizes you. And that's your way of dealing with it.
Speaker 3: The thought of stating yes, the idea of a listen, there there are yes in terms of violent ways to go it's like the least the like I can't can handle just fucking shoot me, all right, Like I seriously, because the idea of being stabbed, unless you get stabbed in the right spot in the right time, it's not instant, it's not instant, and I can't handle that.
Speaker 8: I mean, looking to see his eyes, is that a man capable?
Speaker 3: Yes? Us, yes, yes, he is, he is. Uh, he is, he is capable like you never And this.
Speaker 8: Is a dark story, a dark, dark, dark story, like you know, you know the story of already Lang somewhat, you know, like in twenty ten he.
Speaker 3: He he how many? It's like I think he was found in his apartment with like ten self inflicted stab wounds. Oh my goodness, Like like that's the thing, like, as you know, like I can't, I can't handle that. If ten, if ten, If you stab yourself ten times and you're not dead, it's not a good way. It's not good for the victim.
Speaker 8: I want you to consider the sixth one, you know what I mean? Oh exactly, Like you know this is this the end? No, we're just halfway there. So welcome to the latest chapter in the TLF Tribute to sid As he returns to World Championship Wrestling after a truncated WWF run that still forms core memories for us Hasbro kids, and I think plays no small role in why there was such a far and wide rounds of tribute to Sid's career upon his passing his untimely passing due to cancer according to his family this year or just a few weeks ago. And so we're looking at this nineteen ninety three really through the lens of the stabbing incident, which characterized it largely, but there's a bit more to say. I think about the impact that Sid had upon returning to WCW, because he's taken up on his offers and entreaties over the years to actually play a role in booking and coming up with characters for wrestlers and trying to be somebody that's kind of front office a little bit. What's unfortunate for Sid is he kind of reaches this agreement with Cowboy Bill Watts, who was running WCW at the time Sid came back on the market after leaving WWF and early ninety two is referenced similar to Rick Flair, who was negotiating with Bill Watts to make the return, but by the time the returns happen. Bill Watts is gone for reasons discussed at Nauseam, including as you mentioned, on the Starkaed Memorial tour. And so now Sid's here, but fortunately he still has an ally in Oli Anderson, who we've established, dating all the way back to the Skyscraper days, is a huge mark for Sid. I mean, I don't think that's overstating it. Well, let's just put it this way. When Oley was asked on some of his shoot interviews about the city, he said he liked the guy.
Speaker 3: Which you know, if you know Ollie Anderson, you know that's like, that's huge.
Speaker 8: Yeah. Sid's on like a short list with Stan Hanson and like three other guys who aren't complete shitheads according to Anderson, and he's got the book. While Eric Bischoff is in charge of production as executive vice president or VP. However they whatever terminology they used, Bischoff really only had jurisdiction or dominion, if you will, over the look and feel the television product, how they would shoot it, where they would shoot at, how they would budget the production staff and the trucks and the cameras and the graphics and all that stuff. A key role to be sure, but he's not back there, you know, handing wrestlers finishes and deciding who wins and loses. He's still deputizing those responsibilities in the earliest days here to the likes of Oly Anderson and Dusty Rhoads. We've also established has now left the WWF and is back in a front office capacity at WCW. Not with as much sway as he would have had it did have under Jim heard upon his return, but you know, still very much in the mix and putting his his fingerprints on things was a dusty road. So Sid comes back into this, this political constitution, and it's time to see what he can do over here. Do you remember being such a such a locked in fan of Sid Justice in ninety one and ninety two, or at least being so aware of his essence and aura that he went back to w CW, or just feeling I'm here from him again until I.
Speaker 3: No, No, I did know that he did.
Speaker 8: I remember, I remember when did he When did he officially go go w cwuh slambering ninety three is when he came back, Okay, which which I think we've covered in the archives.
Speaker 3: I think, yeah, we might have. I. Oh, no, I don't think so that's the first thing. Well, maybe we did. I don't know. After the shock Master incident, Yeah, I I do remember. So I remember being in my aunt's house and I remember flipping through the channels and it must have been a Saturday night, honestly, and I was slipping flipping through the channels and I stumbled the up, you know, across w CW, and there was WW wrestling on, and so I immediately stopped. And I can vividly remember seeing at one point Sid wrestling a job guy and wearing blue tights. And I was so disappointed. I was so disappointed. Why disappointed because I kept thinking he was going to come back. You know, I didn't know he was gone gone. I thought he just was gone. For a little while. I thought, for sure he's going to come back w W, and I was just incredibly disappointed.
Speaker 8: I remember saw the mini movie with Davy Boy and Staying versus Sid Invader on that episode of Saturday Night that I know I did not see with Cheatham, the little person involved in Colonel Parker.
Speaker 3: No, the the whatever. I watched that wrestling show. All I remember is is sit in the ring Wrestling was on.
Speaker 8: An episode of Saturday Night and this in so many ways categorizes like the absurdity of what was w CW at the time. As a Sid not only returns but links up as we've talked about before with Vader and the Master of the power Bomb tag team and faces off with the dynamic duo of Sting and Davy. Boy and WCW Saturday Night covered the mini movie brought to us by VP of Marketing Sharon Sadela or whatever her name was. This Sting and Davy playing volleyball on the beach somewhere. This is ahead of Beach Blast, of course. And yes we did cover Slambourne ninety three, episode two sixty seven.
Speaker 9: In the.
Speaker 3: Colonel if they don't accept Charley raise Colonel Parkers in for a big surprise. Yes, you're a man ready, Yeah, Yeah, he's ready. Yeah, sids right, do you trust cheat them to get the job done?
Speaker 6: Let me do it.
Speaker 3: I'll take care of it. They don't see the reason I show you and asked for cheat them.
Speaker 8: I trust him Black first w Studies controller, come to find out, was Dick Cheatham.
Speaker 10: To be prepared and to Sting and Day. But Boy, don't see the light. They'll be in for a beach blast like they've never seen before.
Speaker 3: Beach blast coming out your pants.
Speaker 8: I mean they're they're both individually laughing into the camera. Of course, they're barely addressing each other, sitting on the beach in his blue trunks. They sit justice trunks. And here's a shark fin in the water.
Speaker 3: Awful, the jaws rip off.
Speaker 8: You cheat him with the shark fin on comes walking out of the water under the shore. He's got a cooler in his hand, and it contains a bomb. Boss, it contains a bomb, of course, also containing a bomb beach Blast nineteen ninety three. And this we have not covered in the archives, so we are kind of getting ahead of ourselves. Please forgive us whenever the time comes to cover beach blast when we replay this, and I'll give you a little more homework.
Speaker 3: On that one, Boss, so you have to actually watch it. It does.
Speaker 8: Speech volley all games being interrupted. Oh my god, this amphibious vehicle in their full wrestling gear. It's so Sid has his blue trunks, blue knee pads, but he's got sandals on.
Speaker 3: Everybody. Just stay here for a second.
Speaker 2: This looks like it could be pretty interesting.
Speaker 6: Let's go see what they want.
Speaker 8: Walking down the beach, hardy of course, and slacks and a shirt on the beach, Colonel Parker and his full regalia.
Speaker 3: By the skulls and the bones.
Speaker 8: Got that the skulls and bones that lie beside our path are simple to our victories. Boy, They just cut to Sid and Davy pardon me, stinging Davy silently marching towards they are and Sid clearly shot on different days.
Speaker 3: Brother, I take that back. They come to center sting, baby boy. I can't believe you wouldn't nixt factor proposalf God, he sounds so constipated, day boy.
Speaker 8: Except someone really thinks they have like a.
Speaker 3: Future of movie making doing this quick.
Speaker 8: Maybe it's a shot on separate days because they do that split screen effect.
Speaker 6: I'm thinking maybe I don't know.
Speaker 3: They're only in the same frame.
Speaker 8: We got the tickets when they're standing on his two diametrically post sides of the screen.
Speaker 3: Get her hands.
Speaker 2: We can fly out of here.
Speaker 11: Go off from them, well, baby, one more time. Four hundred and fifty pounds invaders six feet seven and three hundred pounds, sad vicious masters of the power bomb.
Speaker 1: I mean maybe we should just take these tickets and just retire.
Speaker 8: Said the WCW fan. All these people horrified watching on the beach, that maybe even meant Diana Smith holding a baby and glasses find a way to get on television.
Speaker 3: So New York blast. Oh my god. If the kids cheers that they're going to face a blast, you got fine.
Speaker 12: You're not gone.
Speaker 13: God, may guy got big boy.
Speaker 11: Just made up mistake here.
Speaker 8: I mean they are never they're talking off off camera to people who aren't there.
Speaker 3: What are you supposed to mean by that? Yeah, that's a good question.
Speaker 2: Just desperate people, and desperate people do desperate things.
Speaker 3: But I'll tell you what, like make fucking bullshit movies from beach blasts.
Speaker 11: Hey, guys, let's go buck you put some.
Speaker 3: This is what Sid left an event w W spot for a funny.
Speaker 2: Round A funny guy hanging around the boat.
Speaker 6: Say what.
Speaker 3: Hey, sting, sting, where's he going?
Speaker 9: He's gonna see the guy hanging around the boat going.
Speaker 3: Click click click, excuse me? Did do do do do do do do do do do do.
Speaker 14: Do do.
Speaker 7: O?
Speaker 3: Davy Chap is sting into the waters. The boat explodes, stunned up this fucking uh, Western music there, fucking morons, everyone just docking at this exploded boat put stinging Davy emerge from the water in the kids cheer because they thought they were dead.
Speaker 7: M h.
Speaker 8: Be continued, Oh I understand why he stabbed arn Anderson.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, So I would stabbed everybody involved in that fucking shoot.
Speaker 2: He's a lapsed fan wrestling podcast.
Speaker 1: He's the Lapsed Fan Wrestling podcast with Jack and Carno m JP Soro.
Speaker 8: Sid is back and we are back here paying tribute to the remarkable and unique career of Sid ud here on the podcast, and thanks so much for sticking with us through this this journey we're taking. It's it's it's hard to call it a journey. But at the same time, though more closely you examined Sid's career, the more just some unbelievable story where he's just unfold before you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I definitely imagine unbelievable regarding Sid.
Speaker 8: Definitely one of them. So we're rocking and rolling here. The seasons have changed, you know. I guess I feel like as I see a beach scene there with Sid Invader and staying in Davy, that that's very much behind us, is it not, Boss?
Speaker 3: Thank thank Christ. Is it not I don't know, Halloween time?
Speaker 12: Yes?
Speaker 6: Is it not?
Speaker 8: I don't know, scary movie season time under the cinemat for these pitches.
Speaker 3: Yes it is. I'm fucking no. The what you what would have just been seen? Is uh is not a living dead? And very happy about that. I hope everyone enjoyed that one. What a wonderful movie.
Speaker 8: And look at the career of Pittsburgh wrestling voice Bill Cardill, who is also an institution on television in that city, you know, Brunos, San Martino City for generations. Yep, yep, just a just a real treat. And and you know, we've got a few more weeks left. I'm not gonna spoil what's coming up next. No, it's a big surprise. But don't have dinner before we go trick or treating kids. Okay, that's really what I would suggest, because it's all it's all sugar and empty calories. Yeah, exactly, a lot of those rushes to come. So yeah, it's it's going off on patreon dot com slash the lapsed fan. As we turn into the seasons where we thrive the most, the cooler, crisper seasons, the way it should be and we're excited about what's ahead. We just of course laced the Solar system with our premium live event, live call of Bad Blood. Has ww brought that pay per view back this year a Seampunk and Drew MacIntyre, Hell and a Cell, the return of the Rock again after Cody and Roman Face Solo and Jacob FAUGHTU. So those who who stayed locked and loaded on Patreon were able to enjoy our live call of that and a lot more through the fall. Of course, there will be Crown Jewel where they're gonna crown a new Crown Jewel Champion. We kind of skipped over this when we did our live call. The Triple H announced Boss that the Crown Jewel Belt is going to go to the winner of a match between the World Champ and the ww Champ. But those two belts won't be on the line.
Speaker 3: For one night.
Speaker 8: They'll not defend their titles. They'll they'll wrestle for the Crown Jewel title. So like, so one guy's going to beat the other champion, and then which being a champion, which makes him the better champion?
Speaker 3: Like, honestly, you're there basically if they put another belt up for grabs with the two world champions going at it, then this is it's a unification match.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it was always something that fucked them royally when they insisted on doing that at Survivor Series, it being you know, Champ first, Champ brand versus brand. They got away from that and then they I don't know, maybe the Crown Prince was not pleased and wanted his own title belt or something.
Speaker 3: So I'm sure he does.
Speaker 8: I'm sure he wants a Saudi Championship. That'll be the the Saudi World Championship. So that'll be part of a one to two punch from a live call perspective coming up in the month of November over at Patreon, as we do what we have to do to get that under a belt, and as we learned, even the Saturday Night's main event they're going to bring back in December is a premium live event, So for the first time in a couple of years, we'll come at you in December with a live call, rocking and rolling on so many fronts. Of course, add free versions of the show over there, and Russell Mamia is just continuing to turn over new leaves.
Speaker 3: I mean we should we're getting into the Uh, I believe some of the stuff that we you and I watched together.
Speaker 12: With my mom.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's about time I make a cameo during these things exactly.
Speaker 3: You know, you definitely did on the one hundredth show with Kobashi and Joe. But you know we're getting onto that to some of that that fun shit. You get to join in and see what what my mom's all about.
Speaker 8: So that's available to members of the Moat tier, the Premium tier, the highest price tier, the one that we do understand is a little rich for some blood. But my god, does it not help us discern who out there in the Solar system deserves the most direct attention and service?
Speaker 3: Boss? Oh for sure. I mean by this point, oh, you know what we're actually this reminds me we are actually in uh uh you know scary you know, scary match season with with my mom. I do we do I do a couple uh you know, halloween esque or you know, kind of horror themed matches for the month of October. Yes, you do. People would have just seen Undertaker versus Yokozuna in a casket match spooky, certainly a spooky match, and.
Speaker 8: Not wait to hear what Mama Sorrow thinks of a match where you could put someone in a fucking casket and closed.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 8: It's funny when they and the Netflix stock when Vince talks about how we don't do murder and then they intersplice it with clips of people getting stuffed in caskets.
Speaker 3: No killing, no death. How about how about buried alive? Yeah? How about that?
Speaker 8: How about Punk saying he's gonna kill and he's ready to die for it's give me a break. So, speaking of Helen a Cell, we did hear from the homie. Gabe, who we've been telling you about in recent weeks, is facing a very serious surgery and probably by the time you're hearing this, Gabe will be heading in for the procedure. And we appreciate everybody in the Solar System who did what they could to contribute to trying to make it a little easier from a recovery perspective on his family as they have to rejigger basically everything without him at the helm so to speak, as he recovers. So we're sending best wishes to Gabe. But he tucked in one last live event Boss before the procedure. He went to bad Blood because he happened only working a show in Atlanta that weekend.
Speaker 3: Ah, dude, why put yourself through that when you got such a big thing coming up?
Speaker 8: Well, you know he figured, you know, the heart's already damaged, so what the fuck right? Yeah, going to get it fixed. Let's take one more round of fucking pain. Awful, But he sent this missive from the State Farm Arena. All the old timers left immediately after their little screen hit. Remember that they were showing like DDP and XPOC in the crowd.
Speaker 3: Yep, yep, yep. That's good to know. They get the.
Speaker 8: Fuck out of there. They weren't watching these fake matches.
Speaker 3: No, they don't listen. They just want to get there. They're fulfilling their contractual obligation and they're getting the fuck out of Dodge. You know, give my fucking check them out.
Speaker 8: Gabe also reports the crowd love the hell in a sale match and I'm a sucker for false finishes, so they got me engaged. Kids love Damien Priest. That's interesting to know. Let's hope Damian Priest doesn't love kids, right. I don't care about either of.
Speaker 3: These name with that last name, Priest. It's kind of hard not to.
Speaker 8: Gay writes, I don't care about either of these dipshits, Baylor or Discipline. Ramirez. Significant qualitative difference, he reports in presentation live compared to an AW show, but maybe that's to be expected. I suppose he means, you can't compare the production level of a live w W show with a live AW show.
Speaker 3: And Kay Gabe is a AW guy.
Speaker 8: You know, we've had him on Opper shows talking about actually helping put one of their shows together in Chicago Ones, he writes, Nya Jacks as an oath I think we can to get behind that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, she definitely has o Fish qualities.
Speaker 8: Dominic will be a star, he reports. Crowd hates him, but you know what comes from that.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 8: Goldberg was over, but that sucked, and so does he. Goldberg had a confrontation with Gunter during the Crown Jewel title presentation. So Goldberg's in for another probably one million dollar a night for what those I don't know what they're gonna do. I mean, we're we gonna do fucking Gunter versus the versus Goldberg at Survivor series. Maybe by the time you hear this it'll be clear. But why as we're recording this, it hasn't happened yet. Gunter is to defend the world title against Sammy z Ain, who of course beat Gunter and ended his winning streak at WrestleMania for the IC strap on Raw. So perhaps Sammy Zein wins the belt and then they do Gunter and Goldberg one on one in Crown Jewel. I don't think there's any way how can they do Gunter If they're doing champion versus champion, what's that they can't do Goldberg versus gun Terry's fits champion versus champion for the SOUD world suggesting that Gunter may lose the title to Sammy Zein, And so Sammy Zain goes into Crown Jewel to defend against Cody Rhods title verse title with the whole you know, tailwind of Sammy being huge and in that Arabic speaking country.
Speaker 3: If they take away ah, if they take Gunter's title away, I mean, listen, I like Sammy Zain, and I think that there is nobody more deserving of a World Championship run than Sammy Zin on this current roster based on the shit that I've seen. But no, no, it's not time, it's getting juicy.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Gabe also rights no one like Saudi Arabia instant loud booze at the mention women's match, putting crowd to sleep. And also maybe we get Rocky that'd be okay. And indeed he ended up getting the rock. And when the rock returns, that's when things really get fascinating.
Speaker 3: I see just looking changes and yeah, and ideas go flying out the fucking window.
Speaker 8: Time for fifteen minute social media videos that he goes into business himself producing walking around the building with his Versace vest and saying fuck when no one else is allowed to yep yep. So really really guessed and dialed in for that. So again all to say best of luck to Gabe. I'm sure even though the procedure is upon us, he would still he and his family would still very much appreciate support on the go fund me. He came that last look within several thousand dollars of the goal, but really was humbled by the by the amount of outpouring that he received, in particular from members of the Solar System. I'm sure many dominated dominated well I'm sure many did dominate, but I'm sure many donated. I should say anonymously, but some I was able to recognize those names made made my heart proud that we are what we say we are. Here's the Solar System and and so yeah, do consider if you haven't been able to chip in, or might be interested in chipping in some more, Just google a Gabey Oak and yo cum as his last name, GoFundMe.
Speaker 3: It'll come up. You'll see it all and you'll be.
Speaker 8: Able to help. So salute and best wishes. When we talk about Sid, what do we talk about? We talk about Viennas right.
Speaker 12: Of course, I'm Vienna Sausages and I send him an autograph picture.
Speaker 8: I'm saving this for when we do the CID like feedback, wrap up, look back show.
Speaker 3: But I have reason to believe.
Speaker 8: That we that the amount of Solar System members that have actually sent cans of Vienna sausages to Sid's church in Memphis.
Speaker 3: Is not zero.
Speaker 8: Oh my god, I've seen confirmation of delivery receipts in my inbox. Oh does this not make sense that.
Speaker 12: That is Listen, he sent my church a case of Vienna sausages and I sent him an autograph picture.
Speaker 3: Case what if? What if? What if? What if the church sends sends people autograph pictures of Sid. Oh my god, yeah he left just a box of him, yeah, with a note that's like that's in the present tense, saying like thanks so much for helping us out. They never find out he died, yeah, or like they're just like, well, fuck it, we gotta you know, let's just act like he's not dead. Case of Vienna's.
Speaker 8: We've got a serious case of the vienna's balls deep in Sid's career, and uh, you know what.
Speaker 3: Else has a case of the viennas these days in the Solar System. Circle Boss, progressingts dot Com, slash laps Fan got it right.
Speaker 8: Our pro Wrestling t store. Tell them what is available in conjunction with the tribute.
Speaker 3: Well, we've got we've got Sids Vicious Viennas shirt with with the with a with a little a little uh vienna with a face and SIDS here on the vienna. And then we have the the the Church softball shirt which the team was sponsored by, Uh Sids Vicious Vienna's.
Speaker 8: I mean, if you want to pay tribute to Sid in a way that says like I know way more about Sid than.
Speaker 3: You do, or I know way more about Sid than I should.
Speaker 8: Pro Wrestling Tees dot Com slash the Lapse Fan is the place to purchase said proof, especially as we head into the holiday season and you wonder what you get a laps fan in your life. This is one that is very of the moment. And Boss did not hesitate, let's put it that way.
Speaker 3: No, it was time, it was right there. It needed to happen.
Speaker 12: My church a case of Bena sausages and I sent him an autograph picture.
Speaker 8: We'll send you nothing except the shirt if you order over at Pro Wrestling Teas. But that's the latest and the greatest in our just sprawling T shirt store over there, Jesus. And on the other side of the merchandise merch side of the equation, massive shout outs go to our friends at Chopped. Chopped and our friend Dicky over there have been elevating the game, creating premium TLF licensed wear, not t shirts, but things like hoodies and zip ups and fanny packs and what Boss Letterman.
Speaker 3: Jacket It's uh, yeah, you know what, there would be some Letterman jackets that.
Speaker 8: Have now gone on sale to the public at large. By the way he's expertly crafted. Raw is war just swap out the TLF logo jackets Yep.
Speaker 3: Yep, and it is.
Speaker 8: It is just a glorious, glorious thing. You won't regret it. You'll you'll want more, honestly, you'll want more. Finally, such a beautiful thing store. It's it's, it's. It's the stuff that that Dicky's putting out. It just so befits a premium podcast. I I can't wait to go to you know, to do a lapse event and to to just fucking wear that thing out absolutely. And on the chop front, we need to send a big shout out to Luke our Man in Manchester, UK who just sent us some pictures of him wearing the what was the aces and eights, the mid carters and zeros carters and baseball jersey, got a laps Van logo on the front. It's got the mid carters and Zero's logo on the bat too hot for the teas site, apparently too hot for the teas site.
Speaker 3: And there it is.
Speaker 8: It's fucking beautiful. He's proudly wearing boss a baseball jersey with your mid carters and Zero's.
Speaker 3: Logo on it. That's just fucking walking around England. Just think about it. Oh, it's glorious. It's the way you know, it's it's it's it's a dream right there. It's a fucking dream that that shit's happening. It's t l f X is what it is. You're damn fucking right.
Speaker 8: Regarding to It's just wanted to let you know I'm very happy with my purchase from chop Teas. Now I can start spreading the good word to all of my confused go workers to keep up all the amazing work. And he also wants us to know that the Bond journey has been phenomenal to UTC for life. You out are the cinemat boss gonna swing back around.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yep, yep. Once, uh, you know, once, once Halloween has uh is in the rearview mirror, mirror, We're going to wrap up our uh, our James Bond journey in the month of November. It's uh. And again, like I said, it's it was always intended that there would be a break. So it actually just coincided beautifully that that it was a scary movie season because you know what then to me, at least where there's a real reason for it, you know, there's a real thing to turn to instead of, you know, a few weeks of random movies to take a break, because again, like I've said, and those who've seen it know, the Daniel Craig James Bond movies are on a different like it's almost like a different universe than like it's a parallel universe to the James Bond. We've been watching.
Speaker 8: Absolutely so much going on yes here at TLFHQ and celebration of ten years of absolute domination and pillaging. It continues with the TLFX Games. This is such a great way to observe the occasion, to observe this special anniversary, and it's a tournament to determine the greatest character in the history of the cast. It's the King of the Cast tournament and keeping with the crown jewel of it all. This year and the election season and the Olympics, it all, it's all echoed in the t FX Games. And we are down to a titillating quarterfinal, round final four. This is this is now to the point that you really have to make some decisions. Yes, yes, a long time listen.
Speaker 3: I mean these are all you know, these are some fucking main event matches here in terms of you know, not that we haven't had or main event matches to begin with.
Speaker 8: Oh, there were some stiff matchups you'd put what Hogan and Savage in the beginning. People weren't ready to pick a five.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'll say this, you know, I mean Vince McMahon. The laps Vince the whole time he's been in all main event matches, right, you know, So this is this one though, this is gonna be This is a tough one.
Speaker 8: On the left side of the bracket laps Davy boy Smith versus laps and Kevin Nash and laps Jesse the Body Ventura versus lapsed Andre the Giant. On the right side of the bracket laps Dusty Rhodes versus lapsed Helen Hart and lapsed Vince McMahon versus lapsed Hulk Hogan. The poetry of it as it develops organically, it really, it is so true.
Speaker 6: It is so true.
Speaker 8: And if all goes according to plan, by the time you hear this, voting rather and the final four round should have opened over on our X account. That's where we're holding the polls to turn it over the public and decide who advances. And what started out as a thirty two person field.
Speaker 3: By the time by the time this this this drops, you know what, we may have We may be on the onder the next round, the semi finals of We may be both. Yeah, I mean gonna win.
Speaker 8: With so many days open, maybe maybe we'll extend the window a little bit so that people that for some reason are slacking and or it might not be an x and only hear about the TLFX Games tournament through the podcast. We'll get a little bit more time to vote on this, because this is one. Now let's getting to the point that I don't blame it. I don't blame people for taking a little time with their ballots, you know what I mean, Maybe a few more days makes sense. I mean, yeah, because this is fucking Have you voted?
Speaker 3: No, I have not voted. Have you voted? No, I can't vote. I can't vote.
Speaker 9: No.
Speaker 8: I I'm actually thrilled to hear you say that, because as soon as you ask me that, I'm like, oh shit, we should have just talked about that.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 6: No, I.
Speaker 8: I employees are not eligible for any gifts or contests, as they have to say on the radio.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so no, that's not.
Speaker 8: We're not putting our thumb on the scale in any way, shape or form. And I'll tell you when it comes to like laps editor versus Laps Jesse, it can come down to a few votes.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm expecting that with Vince in Hogan. Honestly, Yeah, I really am. I. I you know, I'll tell you what if if if we hadn't, I would actually say it would be a shoeing for for lapsed Vince if if we hadn't done TNH. I think TNH was a huge game changer, fascinating.
Speaker 8: Well, we ended up doing as deep a dive in a psyche as we did to Vince's through the trial of his life.
Speaker 3: Yes, exactly by virtue of that, because.
Speaker 8: The Hulk's TNA run really tells you who the man is, you know, yes, as opposed too the character is. And just just amazing times. What a way to ring in our ten year anniversary. We're so thrilled the way this has been playing out and how engaging it's been. In a big shout out to our supporters over at Garage Beer, the TLF approved the top that you can pop this holiday season. Man, these guys are growing strong and fast. We were on board early with the big fucking thumbs up. They were on our side for the Philly Live show at WrestleMania this year, and we couldn't be more thrilled that they've deemed the TLFX Games a worthy cause to assign a little bit of that brand equity to. So deep appreciation to our friends at Garage Beer for helping bring you the King of the Cast tournament, and we mentioned a live show. We reference this already on the live call for Bad Blood for those of you who didn't hear every match there. We've made a decision we will not be doing a live sho in Las Vegas in conjunction with WrestleMania next year. Vegas is just not going to make sense, especially on Easter Sunday. I mean, that's what they get. Honestly, that's what they get for not doing Mini when everybody knows Minneapolis was due. Vegas is boring. Vegas is It's not boring. I mean, it's just too It's too exciting, you know what I mean, right, I mean to take over the town, like the fun of it is.
Speaker 3: I think the the fun of it is is bringing it to a place where it really transforms. It's kind of adds something.
Speaker 8: Of any area. We've been in Vegas so many time, I know.
Speaker 3: And even LA, it's like, you know, it's bringing it to a new area of LA because LA is so fucking big. Like when they did LA, it was like, you know, it's in the brand new space, you know, the whatever Sofi.
Speaker 8: This is a leading stadium. I've never come close to it. It's it's just as new as so Fine.
Speaker 3: It's a different part of town. But but again it's Vegas. It's like it's not so that's not going to turn sisely, it's not going to actually make a dent in Las Vegas. Las Vegas. You know, it's like you can't you know, Vegas is going to over it's like overpowering as it is. You know, I don't.
Speaker 8: And it's not just it doesn't happen to be terribly convenient to where our sense of where we're strongest is where most fans are concentrated, you know. Right, we were able to get a bunch of fly ins to LA and have a great turnout for our first Wrestlmingia live show, and we've got a great turnout in Philly because we're so strong on the East coast so what we're going to do instead of WrestleMania in terms of a live show. And we say this early and often because you know it might be somewhere deep in the recesses of a handful of people's minds that, Okay, if I go to Mania, like go to the TLF as well, I want people to count on that if it's not going to happen.
Speaker 3: And we've done Vegas, we did star.
Speaker 8: Cast two and it was great, but it's there's no novelty there for us at all. So well, where we are rock solid is is in the most important city in the world. This only makes sense, right, Yes, I mean, we over index to the highest end of wrestling fandom, we over index to the highest end of podcasting. And so I don't know if Summer Slam's going to come back to New York next August, why don't why don't your CoA chairman set up a live show for anyone who's who's headed to MetLife Stadium.
Speaker 3: I mean, and we've you know, we've done it. We've been there. Uh we have hit up the uh MetLife on on on several occasions for for WrestleMania. So it'll be uh, it'll be nice to actually, you know, do a live show, uh you know, kind of in well, I don't know, either New Jersey or New York, whichever want it ends.
Speaker 8: We're pretty sure we're going to be in the heart of New York. The homie Ray Gooots is in play. We're talking about it. We're looking at venues, and we feel really confident, based on where he is strong as well as where we're strong, that we're going to come with a very very serious proposition for every building. But it'll be in the summertime.
Speaker 3: And I don't know.
Speaker 8: I mean, Jesus Christ, if we do somewher next year, I mean, yeah, hey, the next summer slam is is is where we wanted to be Mini.
Speaker 3: That's true, and we can go to we can go to Kat's Delhi after the after our live show in New York.
Speaker 8: Oh shit, that was such a smatchhit for the special Moat event we did last time around this year for The Boss and his live play. Yes, yes, indeed, a live play, live presentation. And I say that because of course all plays are live. But we were in the immersive theater. Yes, oh the play was especially live.
Speaker 3: It was indeed, it was very listen you can't get much more live than that. Honestly, if Sid had been there, I might have gotten shoved with scissors.
Speaker 6: In my gut.
Speaker 8: Had such a terrific time. I thought there were some Moat members out there, and there are some ideas in the works for the tail end for the fourth quarter. I guess you could say of twenty twenty four as well for the Moat.
Speaker 3: Here.
Speaker 8: Nothing's crystallized yet, but Boss is continuing to make big moves, as we've referenced several times on the show, and another one another big shoe was about to drop, and it would only be appropriate if we put something together for our nearest and dearest for that as well, So keep your ears peeled. This is all to say we're heading into the holiday season where we really we don't take our foot off the gas.
Speaker 3: We fucking lay on the gas.
Speaker 8: We oh, we attack the gas like Santa attacks, you know, the cookies that you leave behind. It's gonna get crazy with all the Christmas content, and it's all built, of course, around the Christmas show. And it's already October. My god, it's already the second week of October.
Speaker 3: And I got to you know what, I got to make a fucking trip to the post office. See what's doing there? Think you do?
Speaker 8: I think you really do, because folks are heating the call to not miss the actual unwrappening event this year, as the co chairman get together to record live reactions to gifts that you, the members of the TLF Solar System see fit to send to us. It's a wonderful tradition and long may it continue, and of course the lifeblood of it is what you guys can come up with. Please don't feel like the bar is too high. Everyone out does themselves every year, and as much as it blows us away, like you just have to send one thing, like we you know, we love you guys, but we don't know twelve things. I mean, it's we don't need one thing, okay.
Speaker 3: Right right, I mean, but it's just it's a globe glorious thing. Yeah.
Speaker 8: And look, we know when we say this that that makes you probably even more likely to send too much. But it's just well, if there's anybody out there who's like, man, some of these presents are ridiculous, Like I don't even know if I can compete.
Speaker 3: Just trust it. No, no, honestly, because I think I think one of the funniest ones and one of the most memorable ones, Like from last year was the uh the chat GPT shit.
Speaker 8: Yeah, just printed out pages and chat GPT generated scenes and lapsed.
Speaker 3: Uh. You know circumstances. We love it.
Speaker 8: We love anything you can come up with. We've got uh we got the full master list of of of tapes that people have. We've gotten like Excel spreadsheets printed out in the past, We've gotten scripts, We've gotten just so many cool things that people have come up with over the years. And it's really it's really cool. It's one of a kind, and we're gonna keep fucking pounding. We're already well positioned. Folks weren't fucking around after last year, and some gifts came in.
Speaker 3: Late yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 8: The peelbog is already getting attacked.
Speaker 3: And some and some gifts end up uh yeah, like getting floating over because from last year, I think too indeed, which makes some sense.
Speaker 8: So if you want to make sure you get in under the wire, think about it now, think about it before it's time to think about gifts for the actual people you care about in your family, you know what I mean, Like, get us out of the way, so that when the time comes you can just enjoy the show with that extra spark of what are they going to get to my thing?
Speaker 3: And how's it going to taste right? How's it going to agree?
Speaker 8: The PO Box, as always is the Lapsed Fan seven ten Main Street, South PO Box one one nine Southbury s O U T H b U R Y, Connecticut zero six four eight eight laps Fans seven ten Main Street, South PEO Box one one nine Southbury, Connecticut zero six four eight eight, And we'll see it at the PO Box and we'll see you on the fucking Christmas show Box. It feels if it feels right to be talking about this, Oh, absolutely it does.
Speaker 3: That is great.
Speaker 8: It doesn't feel like we're putting any carts before any horses.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no.
Speaker 2: He's a lapsed fan wrestling podcast.
Speaker 1: He's a lapsed fan wrestling podcast with Jack and carn SEO.
Speaker 8: MJP SORO And we're so thrilled whenever we get word from out there in the grid or ether that we're inspiring others to create things. This is one of the things that's been the fuel to the engine for ten years here at TLF, and we're here to remind you that the pal the Homie, Matt Wassong continues to produce a really cool TLF inspired podcast. It's not unlike the X Games in some ways. It's a tournament sort of formatted show called Late Night Wrestling, and we're proud to give you a quick date. We've talked about Late Night Wrestling on a prior podcast, and Matt has this update for the listenership. So Late Night Wrestling we're talking about a fictional podcast covering the volatile, spectacular and violent world of pro wrestling. It's presented in a radio doc format like this American Life. You've got a late night radio vibe. The host is Hawk Owens, and Hawk Owens looks at the current major stories in pro wrestling and delves into the past for moments in wrestling history you may have missed. We want to let you know that Late Night Wrestling began the second season of its podcast on September thirtieth of this year, and the first big event is another show put on by a billionaire. This in the fictional world of late night Wrestling. Nick van Alfin, Who Were Learning is aired to the van Alfin fortune and CEO of Sword Inventory startup Blade Books is hosting a pro wrestling show. It's called NVA Jam twenty four NVA as opposed to Vince's show coming up NDA Jam twenty twenty four. Also, he's hosting this event at his massive LA house, We're told, which is dubbed the Only Here are some characters that you'll be seeing this season on Late Night Wrestling.
Speaker 3: The Analytics Bear formerly the Alaskan Bear. He teamed with God.
Speaker 8: He teamed with the company OWM Analytics and embraced analytics in advanced stats, which has led to a lot of success. Oh, analytics is basically the York Foundation. But in twenty twenty four, why don't we use computers to generate what the next move is going to be?
Speaker 3: I mean, what agreed? Why don't we? Why don't we what the next gate is going to be?
Speaker 8: For that matter, where's the where is the AI enabled WWE Superstar? We're still waiting.
Speaker 3: Yes, you know what I mean.
Speaker 8: He lets us know that we gave him the germ of this idea when we riffed on an episode a t n H one. He thinks he recalls about a wrestler called not big Daddy, but big Data. Yeah, big big data. Not to be confused with big tobacco or big farm, big pharma. Yes, big data, just to be clear, not spelled dadda yeah tata. Matt wants us to know that he thinks he already had the idea for the Alaskan Bear, so he used that idea as a launching point for the York Foundation in twenty twenty four. While you're welcome there, Matt. Another character Same Game Parlay Jones, the former Same Day Delivery Jones from season one. Instead of Soda. He is the spokes wrestler for Safe Bets, a new gambling app. He also teams with Home Analytics to improve Sweet Pie Clementine. This is a very affable, decorated hardcore wrestler. She is the two time Queen of the Death Match and one time Duchess of the Death Match. A go to move of hers boss and arn Anderson's spinebuster on a pile of legos that works for me. Also, Florida Man is participating in Late night Wrestling this season. Florida Man is the most dangerous man in Florida, and that's saying something fucking Christ does it. Ever, he's friends with gators and he will do anything to win He's also a successful fan boat salesman. How about York lowse Real named Paul Lewis. He has never won a wrestling match in his life. He lost so much and so often that people started calling him pork loose, and he just went along with it. However, he's just so upbeat and positive. He's always convinced his next match will be win number one. His next match it's against Analytics Spear at NVA Jam twenty four and of course, a suspiciously rejuvenated Hulk Hogan eyes another run on the top.
Speaker 3: Of the Mountain.
Speaker 8: All that and more on season two of Late Night Wrestling.
Speaker 3: Check this out.
Speaker 8: He's really he puts a lot of work into it. There's a lot of craftsmanship on it, and it's really cool.
Speaker 3: That's hilarious.
Speaker 8: I love it, and that we had something to do with it is definitely definitely a good feeling to have as we look back on what ten years of relentless LAPPS fan podcasting has meant and produced and caused let's say, incubated catalyzed. So it's nineteen ninety two and sid is coming back to World Championship Wrestling. Bill Watts has mentioned got of played a part in the deal. He writes in his book, One guy with a bad rap whom I got along with famously was Sid Udy, who wrestled his Sid vicious and psycho Sid. I wonder why a maniaclyte Bill Watts would have got along with Sid.
Speaker 3: I don't know who knows, who couldn't possibly imagine.
Speaker 8: Everyone told me. Wats writes what a problem Sid was, But I don't know that I ever had anyone try harder for me than he did. He would soak up like a sponge everything I told him, and he tried his heart out. Sid had never just been taught a lot of the basics of pro wrestling. He'd gotten huge pushes because he was such an awesome physical specimen, but no one had taken the time with him. I think Sid's problem with a lot of people was not ego, but trust. He'd been burned in the business, I believe, so when he saw that I was shooting straight with him, he trusted me. And that doesn't mean Sid and I always agreed on everything. That's an insight into Sid's psyche. Apparently he likes being having the whip cracked on him.
Speaker 3: Boss. Okay, all right, all right?
Speaker 8: He is talking about the dynamic on a shoot interview.
Speaker 15: I love working under Oleandis or Bill Watts. What guys like kind of statives, you know when they call me dun motherfucker and this and that I don't.
Speaker 7: Take it to heart.
Speaker 3: Let's have that last part again.
Speaker 15: I love working under Oleanders or Bill Watts or guys like that storatives, you know when they call me don mother this and that. I don't take it to heart.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm I'm feel kind of you know, I I hear authoritative, so that that to me right, there.
Speaker 8: Is a problem missing a tea in there. Yeah, and that's one thing said was never low on te.
Speaker 3: T ball.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 8: That from the In Your Head Wrestling podcast, which Sid made many appearances on in his retirement years, and which we'll be accepting. Big shout out to our video and In your Head and Hannibal and all these guys that got sit on the record over the years, because it gives us a real sense into how the guy actually felt about his career instead of just watching it back. We can yeah, get an idea of the signposts hour along the way, Sid the booker, I mean I can't conceive of it.
Speaker 3: I can't. But this guy really wanted to book.
Speaker 8: I don't why, you know, It's like it's almost, to me, like the syndrome of a guy who knows he's way overpaid, so he's got to come up with like this idea of himself as someone who's actually a visionary and justifies the money, you know, someone who could be much more of a utility man than just an entering performer and a shoot interview, Sid said, you know, Bill Wats is the one who offered me a position in the company to work as a booker. First coming to interview for his job back, Watts told Sid. According to Sid, I'll tell you what man, I like you. He said, would you like to work in the office with me? I said, that's what I want. He was the first one who brought me in. The next two weeks, Sid comes in to finish his deal and always in charge, and Bill Watts is gone. So I don't know what Bill is talking about in his book when he says that, you know, Sid was the easiest guy to work with and to get the most out of, and who worked hardest for him, because he was fucking gone by the time Sid got in the ring.
Speaker 3: WCW. I don't understand this, well, you know, uh.
Speaker 10: He was.
Speaker 8: Bill was in WWF in late ninety five when SID was back and working with Diesel. So maybe that's what he's talking about. He wasn't there, It's just Sid was gone by then too. October ninety five, No, I guess he was. He was still there in October. That's around the fall of ninety five is when Bill comes into WWF.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I I yeah, he's there. He's but after hisarversories he's going. And it's before SID and before the it's after the deal Diesel stuff.
Speaker 8: Plenty of time to develop a sense of the man's work ethic if you ask me, yeah, I suppose one way or the other. He did make a a well noted stop between WWF and WCW.
Speaker 3: Did Sid.
Speaker 8: He worked one Global Show Boss if you can believe there really Global as ESPN Global Wrestling at the sport of Tournum in Dallas.
Speaker 3: Against Rod Price. No, not quite.
Speaker 8: He went on April second of nineteen ninety three to the Sport of to team with Johnny Rotten, who, apparently, according to book Others, was just some friend of his who wanted to be in the wrestling business, and so Sid brought him around and let him wrestle. That team faced a team by the name of the Ebony Experience, Booker T and Stevie Ray. Wow, these are the future Harlem Heat before they were in WCW and became Harlem Heat on ESPN for Global but still very much upstarts, still very much trying to find their way and their niche in the wrestling business. And this was a very important meeting. Do you remember from Wargames nineteen ninety three when we did out of war Games and Sid was the one who brought Harlem Heat into WCW.
Speaker 3: I don't recall that, but wow, that's fascinating.
Speaker 8: Booker was very forlorn upon learning of the passing of Sid because those two, him and his brother owe everything to Sid in terms of finding them a spot in the big money company WCW, big money relative to what other options they may have had before them at the time, and getting them much bigger contracts than they had any right to expect or even to ask for, and further continuing to support and advocate for the Harlem Heat to stay on pay roll when the initial idea for their characters engineered in large part by Sid himself hit the skids very quickly for reasons we'll talk about. Do you have any recollection of what that initial idea was for Booker and Stevie and WCW.
Speaker 3: What the initial gimmick was something. There's something there, but I can't remember what it one.
Speaker 8: Should they come out with chains around their neck being dragged around by Colonel Parker?
Speaker 3: Should they do that?
Speaker 8: No, we'll get into what what Sid thought and what I think the average person thought about what that presentation signified. But the way Sid remembers this and it could it could be true when you consider the timeline that this Sportatorium show was a Kerrie van Eric benefit show. Kerry, of course had killed himself.
Speaker 3: What was it.
Speaker 8: February I think of nineteen ninety three, Yeah, so here in April in the sport of time, they're running a global show and Sid and Shoot Interviews has talked about this event to something he did because it was a Kerry von Eric tribute show and the Harlem Heat had been in the territory for a year and a half at this point, and Booker says that Sid had seen them already on ESPN Wrestling before he came to the Sportatorium in the Flesh and told them that he was impressed with their work. So we're going to turn now to Booker T's second book, his underrated second book. If he asks me, he gets very little attention. It's called My Rise to Wrestling Royalty, and he recollects what it was like to be feed hit by the Great Sid here right before Sid returns to WCW. It all started in eighty nine. For about four years, Lash and I had been tiresly running the shows at the Roads rather all across Texas, working for ww Fedteran Polish Power, Ivan Putsky's Western Wrestling Alliance, the WWA tug Boat Taylor's Texas All Pro Wrestling, the independent scene, and then finally the Global Wrestling Federation featured on ESPN. All that changed with one phone.
Speaker 3: Call from.
Speaker 8: Sid Vicious, the Ruler of the World, who offered us an opportunity. He wanted us to go to Atlanta to try out for WCW. As the trek from Texas to Georgia drew to a close, the sun was rising and the Huffman brothers that's Booker and Stevie's real last name, could feel the magic at hand. It was a make or break time. After hitting the Georgia state line, we were neck deep in WCW country and it felt like home. During our brief conversation with Sid, there'd been no talk about money. We had a foot in the door and that was all the chance we needed. I kept analyzing everything on the way. Will we impress them enough? Will they let us stick around or take one look at us in the ring and tell us to get out? I was ready to find out. When we drove to Atlanta, it was comforting to know we had somewhere to stay. Guess where they stayed, boss.
Speaker 3: Um uh with Cody Rhades.
Speaker 8: Correct? No, Sid's house, Oh God, Sid's plays. Sid was a well established made venor Booker writes who had a huge run in WCW from nineteen eighty nine through nineteen ninety one, rubbing shoulders with some of the biggest stars and then WWF with guys like Hull and Warrior and Randy and Taker. Now he was transitioning into a position with WCW is a booker who could produce homegrown talent. So this these guys, Booker and Stevie were beneficiaries of this Sid as office incarnation.
Speaker 3: That we're getting. I can't handle that. I can't. I can't imagine. You've met him in the.
Speaker 8: Polo, you know, on the golf course with the other turner execs. Hey, what do you saying, big Sid?
Speaker 3: How's your U? I picture I picture him, you know, right, he's wearing you know, he's wearing clothes that he thinks are what he should wear. You know, Yeah, like how he's wearing the gondols on the beach blast thing. He goes to turner offices and everyone's like in suits and stuff like that. But yeah, he comes in in like a white polo shirt, wearing tucked into jeans and wearing like a beige blazer. Oh you know, and he thinks that in a in a baseball hat and he thinks this is dressing up for work.
Speaker 8: Oh my god, said my god, look at the size of this guy.
Speaker 3: I've heard you're here.
Speaker 8: Uh so you're working for the office now, and the office I strive. You've been consistent with your driver today, said what are you hitting a three wood?
Speaker 3: I'm not. I'm looking to tell you what I'm hitting. I hit what I need to hit to get the job done. Well, I don't really know what to say to that you're you're.
Speaker 8: A unique creature in this corporate environment. I can't wait to see you thrive in it. I'm sure you'll bring a fascinating touch of personality.
Speaker 3: I'm a big.
Speaker 6: Oh.
Speaker 8: If we have our way to turn home entertainment said, you'll be just that. I heard you were offered super shudder, but it went to some other moron.
Speaker 3: Shut up, now you look.
Speaker 8: Every one of the chorus turns around, like even the next hole. It's like looking back, like, who the fuck is that?
Speaker 3: Now? You looking in my eyes? A piece of trash. What I will do next if you keep flapping your gums and chat me you black we're friends, is I will grab you by the throat. I will lift you in the air, and I will drive you down to the ground. See see it, don't don't sweat it. Man. You know we've all got that one hole that just doesn't want to cooperate. You don't even know what it means to feel the pain of a hole. Just ask arn.
Speaker 8: I don't know, Sida. I'm thinking of seven iron should get me right to the green?
Speaker 3: When's picking up a bit? Though? What do you think? You don't even know what green is? I was making the green when I'm made off any wrestle.
Speaker 8: So it's a hulk cob and so a six iron just to play it safe, is what you're saying.
Speaker 3: I suppose six iron would do all right. Make sure there's a breeze in the air. It slashes to the left. That's looking good.
Speaker 8: Trust me, I know that feeling. You know you got one part of your game that's hot, Sid, another part is cold. Just have to keep your head down and play through it.
Speaker 3: You always keep your head down. That's why you'll never get ahead in the game. I'll be watching you. I'll be watching you while you sleep. It'll be clicking my knife the whole damn time. Uh sounds sounds good? Sid? Uh?
Speaker 8: I hope I hope to be open and grabbing a beer after this. I mean, let's finish strong here and and get a bruskie. What do you say, let's catch that back nine on the televisi.
Speaker 3: I don't mind getting here with you if you don't mind sharing a can of Viennas. You mean you mean the sausages?
Speaker 14: What what are you?
Speaker 3: I got a package of crackers right here. You know exactly what I mean.
Speaker 8: Hey, let me ask you something you're you're in the fin ends department, right, Yeah, yeah, indeed, Vince, I'm Vince. I'll tell you a lot what I've been watching lately.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, it.
Speaker 8: I mean, you know, I've been the controller for some time, and you know, trying to try to find ways to assigned to other units of turner your losses and assign the wins to you guys, contray.
Speaker 3: To popular belief? How can I get more money? What's your budget for Vienna's? Let me ask you something. Do you like Viennas?
Speaker 6: Are you?
Speaker 3: I want to just want to be clear. You're talking about the Vienna sausages. You getting like a can or whatever from you know exactly what I'm saying.
Speaker 8: On the golf course. Shut up, Shut up the psycho Sid story. Yeah I like Vienna sausages. Yeah sure, I mean, god damn you like them. I like them so much that I could buy a case of them right now.
Speaker 3: Would you buy one hundred and fifty thousand cases?
Speaker 8: I would buy fifty thousand cases. Yes, I would donate them to the church. Oh yeah, my church. If you do that, I'll give you a sign picture of myself. If only Sid could say, if you do that, I'll give you a signed picture of myself and make it sound like a threat.
Speaker 3: So what's the problem with corporate?
Speaker 6: What a deal?
Speaker 3: I buy one hundred and fifty? I was in fucking cases of headshot.
Speaker 8: I still I still walk around picturing that garage door opening at three thirty in the morning and Memphis, Arkansas to But there's all these undistributed boxes.
Speaker 3: Like neat like, so perfectly stacked, and he's.
Speaker 8: Looking down and them like he knows what he has to do, and Frank is not gonna like it in the least.
Speaker 3: Bitch.
Speaker 8: I still I still think about it. I still think about him whispering bedside to deliver the venus. I mean I think about it all the time. I mean, I'm not kidding you, four times a day minimum, So Booker continues. We were his first kids, handpicked projects, and he wanted to personally oversee our entry and take care of us that all morning. We got out of the car and walked to an apartment door to be greeted by the man himself. The first thing I can tell you about Sid back then was that he was big, really big. Not only was he six feet nine, but he was even more freakishly muscular in person than he looked on TV. He shook our hands house trip, he must be tired as hell, Come on in. He grabbed our bags and followed Sid into the kitchen, where it was stacked to the ceiling with cases of Vienna sasna oh God, which was what I always called him back then. Big Sid into his fairly modest three bedroom apartment where we'd be staying for the duration of our tryout process. Although he was a gracious host, Sid wasn't the most social of guys. For him, this was business. If we were successful, we'd follow in his footsteps and he'd do everything he could to make that happen. Sid took us to Sting in Lex Luger's gym main event Fitness, not far from his place. When we walked in, it was a virtual cavalcade of the top guys we saw on TV. The Steiner brothers, Rick and Scott Steiner, Mister Wonderful, Paul Orndorf, Ravishing, Rick Rude, and even the icon Sting and the total package Lex Luger were there. Sid walked around as if he owned the place. I can picture that, yeah for sure, and he might as well have been, because when he started hitting the weights. Everyone took notice. It was impossible not to. We soon found out Sid was just as loud and intense in the gym as he was in the ring.
Speaker 3: And on the microphone. What what mombent that bedwn deeke phone?
Speaker 7: What might that for?
Speaker 3: Down deeck song? When he's in the.
Speaker 8: Gym, When he's in the gym, rip an iron, trying to get a point across to all these idiots, these undersized bitch asses who can't command high seven figure salaries, who yes, whoa cling?
Speaker 3: Don't understand? He said, ah, come here.
Speaker 2: And prove yes.
Speaker 12: He sent my church in case of being the sausages, and I sent him an autograph picture.
Speaker 3: Keep going, keep pumping on. You want something from me, You want to understand the loss you got there? You pump you pump iron like nobody's business. And I'll give you an autograph picture for myself. For he's so generous with those autograph pictures. It's almost like he has a full inventory of ones that he ordered with fake stamped signatures. I'm want to tell you, I'm wanna tell your secret. I haven't excess to them because Frank didn't deliver them the way he's supposed to. He was supposed to bring fifty cases of the pictures with autographs to the church, and he forgot. He slipped in. So now I have fifty bucks of fucking headshots because Frank's a bitch.
Speaker 8: And I'm like the Vienna's the homeless don't have any use for these headshot. I tried putting peanut butter on him and they wouldn't take him.
Speaker 3: I made peanut butter and jelly roll ups with the pick just nobody ate them. I wonder why.
Speaker 8: Instead of just giving them the peanut butter at the jelly, he puts it on a fucking cellophane, he puts it on a laminated headshot.
Speaker 3: Thinking you know what, you know, you know how I can get rid of these. I can have homeless people eat them. That's the play. It's a whole. It's like a whole, fucking like tray of you know, it looks like enchiladas, but it's sucking shots. It's not but it's not enchiladas. It's headshots.
Speaker 8: Talk about heilatas talking about hitting you in the head like a shot shot head shiladas.
Speaker 3: Oh is this Christ?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 8: Hey JB, this is Jesse. The body of Bendora, and I want to thank you for being a fan from the wrestling days. You had the question for me, Do I remember Sid putting peanut butter and jelly on his eight X tens?
Speaker 3: No? I really don't. I. Hey, you know this is a Jesse the body governor Ventura hi JP. Oh shit. He asked me the question, did do I remember Sid Vicious? I do remember Sid Vicious? But do I remember him putting peanut butter and jelly into his headshots and rolling them up and giving him to the homeless or you know something I don't. I don't recall that. I wouldn't put it past him to put to be honest about it, But you know what I do think?
Speaker 15: Uh?
Speaker 3: I think uh? I think headcheladas are very good.
Speaker 8: I guess this guy Sid has incredible anxiety at the thought of overstock.
Speaker 3: Do you know what I mean? It's like because you know, you know, he spends he spends like all summer long. Okay, he spends all summer long, working so hard to make sure that his garage is empty for the fall and winter seasons. All right, Like that is it? And if he has overstock, it means it means clutter. In the garage and we may and he may not be able to park both cars, and that is just you know, it's unacceptable.
Speaker 8: No wonder Frank gets so much heat for the undistributed viennas. I mean, we're talking like square footage here that.
Speaker 3: Used to be exactly.
Speaker 8: I paid top dollar for this square footage. And because of your lazy ass, your big brothers film and lazy ass, I can't I can't park the escalade.
Speaker 3: Frank, how do you think I'm supposed to bark the accord in this garage? Frank?
Speaker 8: Let me, Frank, Frank, vienna is in there. Frank, before you say another word, I need you to recite to me the full menu of what's of what's available at the pop top at the church.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, what do we have? I know we got viennas, but what else do we have?
Speaker 16: Say it?
Speaker 3: Do we have package crackers?
Speaker 6: Frank?
Speaker 3: Do we have crackers? Frank? Do we have peanut butter and jelly? Ahead? You lott us, Well, you know we don't. I'll tell you, Sean. You know, we don't do it big. We don't go over the top. All we get is a canavyan of sausages, package crackers, ball water, a moon pile or a little Debby cake and peanut butter and jelly smothering in one of my pie tens. And it's really he tries to tries to sneaking in there and move on, like he has no choice but to disclose it, like like why is he even telling this whole thing? Like, you know, the whole thing. No one would know, no one needs to know, you know, but he feels the need to disclose this information. I can smell it already. Do you know what that is? Boss?
Speaker 8: You know what I can smell? What a package arriving at the bo box? It smells like peanut butter.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, fucking a headshot. Oh yeah, fuck, it's a it's a publicity. Still a fucking of sid with peanut butter and jelly.
Speaker 8: That's all I'm saying. Lash and I book a right. Were in awe as he introduced us to everybody we passed. As we got our workout in. I saw guys like Big Papa Pump, Scott Scott Steiner doing three hundred and fifteen pounds behind the neck presses. Lord Stephen Wriegel later began William Regalan and the Wwe stared at me. Brigel was a talented wrestler who began his career at the age of fifteen, and he was clearly aware we were Sid's boys and his eyes, we were probably being expressed, driven into one of the coveted WCW spots. Maybe his is ooh nice hmm. There was no mistaking it. I was no longer in the bush league. These boys were from the big stage. I'd always dreamed of walking on too. I hoped I could earn their respect and a place among them in the ring. Now that Lash and I had a place to stay in a gym to work out in, we needed not only one more We only needed one more thing. Our first contracts and creative direction. The show was about to begin, but not before a lesson in professional wrestling contract negotiations. Sid drove us to the W'W headquarters. That's something that's something to envision. YEP stationed to Ted Turner, Seene and Center in Meridiath Street in the heart of Atlanta. Sid, Lash and I were escorted into an office where we met Olie Anderson, the original rock of professional wrestling and part of the legendary Minnesota Wrecking Crew. With Gen Anderson and then later Arn Anderson, Oh my god.
Speaker 3: I can't.
Speaker 8: I cannot stand it when they have to fucking feel the need to explain shit and talk and explain people the full rundown. That's to show that they're students of the game. Oldi was retired and basically in charge of the entire company after cowboy Bill Watts had been ousted from the position. Oldi had a solid crusher handshake and got right down to business as Sid oversaw the process from the corner. Sid stands in the corner, of course, she does Harlem heat sit across the desk from Oly Anderson. Ye boys, be gruffed. We're going to start yeaut with a three year contracts at seventy thousand dollars, with the incentive to make as much as you can draw. Sky's the limit. If you do well, you'll climb the ladder. If you don't, you're going back to Texas the same way you got yourselves here. That's a fucking ollie line. Last night I looked at each other. Seventy grand was more than both of us had seen combined till that day. We were used to ten dollars nights. The moment was frozen in time. Now we were sitting in an office with Sid and only Anderson, signing our first contracts to work with the major international company. Was this really happening in the same room where many of the greats Harley Race, the Brigantream, Dusty Roads, and the h Borwick Flair got their start. No, it wasn't, Booker. I don't know what you're talking about. And they didn't have their start in this office.
Speaker 3: What do you mean the place the same room?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 8: When we left Olie's office, Sid clarified the contractor.
Speaker 3: I'm sure he did.
Speaker 8: You'll always check everything up front, guys. You'll get monthly raises, and before you know it, you'll be making ninety thousand, then one hundred thousand a year. It's all trial and error. As you'll see, you'll get paid what you're worth. Big Sid was a brilliant mentor you or.
Speaker 3: You'll get paid what I think you're worth.
Speaker 8: Guys, I know that only just promised seventy thousand in there. But I'm here to tell you this. What's he here to tell them?
Speaker 3: Boss? I'm here to tell you something about how it is to make money. Right now, making money sounds like it's a good thing. All around. I won't tell you, and I want you to look to me dead in the eye. I want you to understand that you are not just worth what you get paid. You're worth it.
Speaker 8: That is such a sad thing to say. I'm sitting here scratching my head because he would say things like that, you are not just worth what you're getting paid.
Speaker 3: You're worth what you are up here in your head, been in your heart. So if you desire things, make sure you're worth it up here and down here.
Speaker 8: If okay, hold on, if you desire things, make sure you're worth it up here and down here. That sounds like the kind of thing he would say on Nitro and then blame Vince Russo for scripting, even though no one could script that absurdity. But he would say, and it would make sense to him, absolutely it would. He knew exactly what he wanted and how to obtain it. Booker says of Sid he was a huge draw in the ring, which was the way to gain an audience backstage.
Speaker 3: No, he wasn't, He really wasn't. I mean, how many times you have to go over this. I don't understand, and people are weird when when it turns in terms of like what they think of a draw.
Speaker 8: He's in ww and no one's showing up. When he was in WCW before the Hogan program, in WWF, no one was showing up. I mean, what show were you talking talking about? WrestleMania eight?
Speaker 3: But no, what's the huge draw?
Speaker 8: And rest mean, it was a big show. But what are you pointing to empirically that says Sid put more people in the seats than would have been there if he wasn't there. Namely one show up to this point in his career that you can say that about. I mean, do you really think the who you're done would have ten thousand less people if Sid wasn't in the main event? Not at all, and Rick Flair was or somebody else. Give me a break. I'm not trying to take anything away from the guy. He really rose to the occasion and he fit, did he? When he walked out there in Indianapolis, as we talked about, he he looked the part he belonged there. Yeah, not questioning that, but the fact that like people who like him have to pretend he was also a draw in addition to making ridiculous amounts of money. It's kind of foolish. It's like, no, you call Sid when you're fucking tough shape. That's the story of his career. He shows up when you're fucked from you know, the rudderless Jim Herd WCW to a WWF that's about to lose Hulk Hogan and is just watching all the returns dissipate that they used to rely on Hogan as a cash cow to generate and a failed Ultimate Warrior experiment. He comes in to WCW again when they're absolutely on their ass with no leadership, an absolute vacuum of leadership. The lowest attendants and lowest pay per view buys they ever did was in nineteen ninety three. Anyone will tell you that. And then he comes back to WWF when they're fucking on their ass post steroid trial with not a pot to piss in and nitro is starting to breathe down their neck a bit and they don't know what to do and they have the drug test aggressively. So they lost the big bodies and Sid was like someone they could plug in there that had a big body. They brought him in in ninety six again when nWo was fucking wiping the floor with him, and they couldn't do anything to recover as the Holland Nash things started to take over and the Hogan Hill turn set in. They brought him in a little bit before that, but WCW is definitely the hot shit at the time, not WWF when he came back in ninety six, and then he sticks around through the most desperate period of WWF ever where they just doing great stuff but no one cares. Yep, no one's watching. They're not winning the ratings war. And then when Sid leaves, they start winning right, and he goes w c W when they're absolutely circling the drain again and they can't find any way to make any money. But they signed Sid to a huge deal anyway, and he rides that thing all the way literally into the fucking ground. And the closer he gets to the top of the card, the bigger the fucking red ink is over there. And not to blame him, but it's coincidence. He's certainly certainly not drawing in the conventional sense.
Speaker 3: What are we talking about him? Mean, that's just it like he's always in the in in each company when they're in the bad.
Speaker 8: Yes, he's a value you call when you don't know what else to do, and that's a good spot to have.
Speaker 2: But a draw that is not It's a lap fan wrestling podcast. He's an lapsed fan wrestling podcast with Jack.
Speaker 8: And he's always he's always Sids, always in the position to be like, imagine how much worse it would be if I wasn't here, Well, Sid, it probably wouldn't.
Speaker 3: It wouldn't be much worse. It'd be about the same. I think he's always like, see, this is the thing. I feel like he's always He always comes in in a time where he can make an intriguing matchup for somebody else. Nobody's curious about. No one wants to see Sid face somebody. They want to see somebody face Sid. Ain't that the truth?
Speaker 8: When he talks about getting the Hogan spot in WWF, When he talks about taking the title of Vader at Star K ninety three, I sit there and I think to myself, that would fucking be terrible, Like Sid running with the belt like that and pretending to be like the cash cow of the whole organization. That wouldn't last more than two months. Right, That's not Sid's role. No, Sid is Sid is the opponent sid is the opponent. That's where he is intriguing, not as the guy, not as the guy, right, you know he is.
Speaker 6: He is the the the.
Speaker 3: Opponent the guy faces, absolutely right. And yes he will.
Speaker 8: He will have a charisma and he will draw in an audience like the people who are already there, like like few others with just a turn of the head. And that's a great credit to him. But him being the guy is just not going to work, I mean, and that's what's so captive about the time period We're going to spend the most time detailing later in the tribute when he actually beats Michaels for the belt in ninety six and has that run where you can kind of say he's the top guy, but he's not. I mean, you go back and examine the TV between him winning at Survivor Series ninety six and then winning it back the night after a Final four, and it's like he's he's an afterthought even as the champion. For God's sake, Yeah, yeah, to Brett and Sean and whatever they've got going on, and to some extent, Undertaker and Steve Austin. It's just like the story of his life, even when he's the world champion. He's not a draw, you know.
Speaker 3: I mean he's like he is the epitome of like a lame duck champion.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Wresselmenia thirteen the fucking most pathetic WrestleMania ever from a business standpoint, that's his big fucking claim. Yet he's a draw because he headlined con Centertaker and no one bought the show and no one gave a shit. You know, it's crazy, but here we are, so Booker oblies to say he was a huge draw in the ring, which was the way to gain an audience backstage with the ones in the business who mattered. We have him to thank for delivering everything he said he would. All we'd needed was a shot and professional wrestling. That's more than you usually get. He even gave me my first pair of wrestling boots, the tall black type he's known for, which I still have today. With the ink drawing on the contracts in our hands, the next order of business was to sit down with Creative and learn what they had for us. Sid walked us around and introduced us to the good old boys. We met Dusty Rhodes, the figurehead of storylines, writing and booking matches, back then, there was no actual creative writers as there would be in the near future. At that time, the veterans of the game, the proven leaders in and out of the ring, were in charge, and there was none more established than Dusty. Following his lead was an impressive team of guys, including the late Mike Graham, an anointed one in the business who came from the lineage of his father Eddie Graham, A long time successful promoter and performer with Laura Champiship Wrestling, Mike was a go to guy for character development and instructions. We heard from Mike last time on the tribute show Yes recounting the Sid Squeegee incident. There was also Greg Gania greg Gania's office at this time, a one time top performer Yeah Okay for the now defunct American Wrestling Association ABA.
Speaker 3: My God, What the fuck top Performer, which had.
Speaker 8: Been one of the Big three organizations along with the World Wrestling Federation and the National Wrestling Alliance and was owned and promoted by his father, Vern Gania. Greg insured the guys knew the direction of their performances that masonly mende He walked around and gave them the finishes Lash and I were fresh from Global in Dallas, where we'd enjoyed a loyal following. Is Booker T and Stevie Ray the Ebony Experience. We'd had a creative input there, but here at the table, I recognized it was time to be a listener and nothing more. I knew nothing and was prepared for anything they had in store. Well, at least I thought I was. We were in the presence of a well established Southern good old boy mentality. He keeps saying that over and over again. I think I know what he means by good old boy, but I won't say it. And the train of thought for the directing of our careers was well interesting. We're going to change your names to Caine, Mike pointed at Lash and Cole. He indicated me better known as shy Town Heat Build from Chicago. Your story is that you've just been released from prison. You'll wear chains and shackles and jumpsuits into the ring. We think it'll get everyone's attention. Jesus Christ, that was an understatement. I couldn't help but wonder if they were ribbing me about my time in prison. Booker writes over a decade before. But then the stark reality sank in and an uneasy feeling washed over me. Yeah, you can scratch that one out, because someone brought that up to sit on a shoot interview years later in the twenty tens, and he was like, I had no idea Booker was ever in prison. So so much for sid architecting a notion here of playing off of that, But then the stark reality set in the whole idea was a big red flag. My instinct was to object until I remember the advice of my mother Junior, no one to speak up and when to shut up. Mike said, we're gonna pair you up with Robert Fuller, who'll be your manager slash master known as Colonel Parker. Why known as Colonel Parker? A plantation owner? You see that a former plantation owner. See that's the problem. It's it's not as much what they're wearing, that they have chains on, that they're released from prisondents, that Parker is the one cattling them around, right, It's that he's a you know, right, plantation owner. I mean, come on, guys, I was waiting. I know he's supposed to be the Colonel Parker, the promoter of Elvis. I know that that's what they were going for. But there's baggage there. There's baggage there that you have to that's not okay. Work hard to not see. I was waiting for them to ask us to shuck and johive book of Rights.
Speaker 3: No shit.
Speaker 8: As insane as it all seemed, the reality was that they thought this was a solid plan. This was the kind of racial obstacle Oxy Baker had warned me about back in the WWA. But he'd said, when someone draws and makes money, all the bullshit goes away. If I had to go around, under or straight through these barriers, Booker Rights rest assured I was going straight through. So let's have Sid have his say about what he had in mind as the new creative fucking Shakespeare over at WCW bringing in Harlem Heat with this, with this idea. This is from one of his shoot interviews.
Speaker 6: Oh no'bill asked me to be a part of the booking committee. So yeah, so I was.
Speaker 7: You know, I was fait as much time as I could in the office and would come up with ideas. Actually that's how I got Cron Parker and the Harlem Heat hired.
Speaker 8: Yeah, let's not forget he also brought in Parker. He didn't just bring in Booker. This goes back to him working for Continental when Fuller was the booker there in Alabama and Sid worked there as Lord Humongous and got a pretty good push, and also where he met Bruno Lauer the future down to Bruno Slash.
Speaker 7: Harvey Whippleman portrayed Deck those characters in front of only Dusky and Jim Barnett, and then Jim Barnett and Dusually. I think the holy Their concerns were that if Robert you do the character as well as I was doing that.
Speaker 6: Right, that was their original game. They were cool and something, and they came out and changed right, and he was like.
Speaker 7: It was similar. Well, this is what the whole idea was. That Colonel Parker was supposed to be. You know, this is a big flamboyant person, and how he got with the Harlem heat was at you know, at that particular time, the governor of Louisiana was a big time gambler.
Speaker 6: This is a real shoot and he always owed a lot of money, you know a lot of different things. He lost a lot of money and horse race and stuff like that.
Speaker 17: So we came up well, I came up a little story that you know, during a beat that he lost a lot of money to Colonel Parker, and Colonel Parker instead of warning the money says, you know, hey, I've proved myself being the greatest manager in wrestling because I brought said dishes in. But I wouldn't for there was two people that were nobody's so when two people off death row, and.
Speaker 7: That's why we brought it the end in like the Gene shirts and the Gene pants and they had those numbers on.
Speaker 6: Them like they were kind of just coming out of prison.
Speaker 17: And the thing about CD, he actually had some really bad scars on his back on the shoulder, and I wanted to use that to our advantage and said that that's where you know during prison that the man beat him man being the guy in charge.
Speaker 6: And that was the whole reason that Booker was in prison for real, right at one point was he he could have been I didn't know that he urged his life around and that was a huge humanitarian. Yeah, I didn't know that.
Speaker 7: But the main thing was this is that you know, cdium really looked at him. And this is things too. I had was being taught this in the businesses, you know, we didn't have real know they'd have a strap mash, usually to get out of a angle or something like that.
Speaker 6: So I said, what was it? You start strap match from the beginning.
Speaker 7: And these two guys, you know, had been in jail for the last you know how many years being strapped by the man. Now they're gonna get the revenge on the man. They're gonna strap everybody they see. I mean, what happened is that they were trapping other people. And you know, working in the w c W at that particular time, you know Sinner's being you know, one of the top ten teams.
Speaker 6: You're going to work with them, with the Road Warriors or somebody like that.
Speaker 7: So at least when you got to a point like that, you could have a real gimmick match, because these guys had been trapping people for some time.
Speaker 6: But Dusty didn't like.
Speaker 7: It because I wasn't his idea from understanding, and they came and said it was too racial to me.
Speaker 6: How can that be racial? These are two black guys trapping white people, you know.
Speaker 16: And so then.
Speaker 7: This movement not an argument, just a battle of words between me and Dusty were he wanted to call.
Speaker 17: Him Shinetown Heat or something like that, and I said, well, I wanted to call him a Posse, but a movie just came out called The Posse. I didn't want to copy that. Hindsight, I wish I would have. That would have been a better name for him.
Speaker 7: And it's nothing wrong by copying people, and I just didn't know that at the time. So I said, we'll call them the Harlem hell Raisers. They were building themselves already from Harlem. So and bickering back and forth, I just succumbed to Harlem Heat versus he was going to call the Shottown He pretty much had was the Roague.
Speaker 6: Warriors, Gill. You know, so this is that said road warriors. You know, so this is Calm. I said, they've been building themselves some Harlem, So this is cal Harlem Heat.
Speaker 8: So yeah, I don't see how it's racial if they're beating the shit out of white wrestlers and the fans to chant like they want to kill them. You know, I can see the I could see the inverse. We're like, you know, the black wrestler was the babyface and was being victimized by a racist white heel, and then you know, the racist white heel gets his come up ins right, So you can see it's a Catharsis thing. You can kind of make that claim, you can, like with Jy D and stuff, But here it's like it's not racial because they're beating up white wrestlers. Know what he's talking about.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know the fact that the entire everything else, it's like, you know, it's everything else that that makes it a racist thing, you dumb ass. I mean, do you look at the guys you see escape prisoners, you know, right, I mean just seeing them come down in chains is not okay.
Speaker 8: That's what was so cool about the Harlem he gimmick is there was no you know, they were just a great tag team. You know, I guess being from Harlem, you know the way they talked and that's how they talked. Uh, there was you know, it was racialized, I guess a little bit in that. You know, they were very their identity as black men was front and center to the presentation in some ways, but it wasn't. They were just a tag team that that was a couple of black guys that knew how to wrestle. Well, you know, it's like that's how that's that's the play, that's the move. But now they saw some sort of like character in these guys because they were an an American tag team.
Speaker 3: It's like, so that didn't that didn't go well.
Speaker 8: It was taped, we've seen We've seen glimpses of it from the w W archives and some documentaries and such. I think even the match where they came out dressed up like that on a on a center stage television taping is out there somewhere. I think they've they've shown it before, but obviously it didn't go anywhere. I don't think it even made national TV. Several saw the gimmick, and you know, to hear Booker describe in the book, like the wrestlers observing the outfits that they were showing up in and got of a look on their face. They you know, they they knew, especially in a company that let Bill Watts go for the reasons they did. Right, Yeah, yeah, this is not gonna it's not gonna go well. There is a lack of cultural awareness here that's leading to this getting greenlit. And I think even Bishoffa said in the past that he was kind of horrified by it and didn't want to see it proceed. But it got through enough of the checks and balances that they went out there in front of the people and taped a match as Caan and Cole the death row guys. I guess Sid had this. I don't know why he thinks it's such a stroke of genius, but the idea that somehow the Louisiana governor, to get out of gambling debt, agreed to give Colonel Parker two guys who were on death row in Louisiana give him over to him to manage as a tag team was like a stroke of genius. It's like what the governor, what are you talking? What are you talking about?
Speaker 3: Sid? Like what is this?
Speaker 8: Like you see something in the USA today? And now we all have to like hear that. There's no way that they could get that complex of a backstory across on a wrestling television show, especially at WCW show in nineteen ninety three. I mean whatever, So that's but look that's how Harlem Heat got their foot in the door and then they navigated from there. For Booker T's part, I mean he says that basically they came up with the Harlem Heat name and a meeting with Dusty Rhodes this idea that like you know, Sid came up with Harlem whatever, and it doesn't. I think he's kind of I think it's kind of engineering some role of authorship in what Booker and Stevie ultimately became as opposed to the initial vision. Booker says in his book the fans were offended with the presentation when they went out there in Atlanta, and that Olly and Sid gathered and only tells them, you know what, we're gonna shut this thing down immediately, too much heat. There's a creative meeting, and this is where Booker says in his book that Dusty was like, well, we need to figure out something else to call you guys, because we think you have potentially we want to keep you around. And and that's when Booker says he suggested Harlem Heat, thinking we love black exploitation movies. Booker and Stevie loved black exploitation movies. And that's where sucker comes from, right, because then Shaft used to say sucker all the time. Yeah, that's how they say that in their promos, and that's where they came up with Harlem Heat. But Booker does say that it was Sid's backing that was really cited is the reason that they weren't just dropped cold after that failed tryout, because you know, I'm sure if Ollie had his way, these guys are the shets. You know, he'd blame the talent, you know, instead of the the lack of accountability along the chain to red flag this thing. But because Sid was behind Booker t, they didn't fire them, and they tried. They went back to the drawing board and tried to figure out something else to do with them. And Sid actually did wrestle for a handful of occasions with Harlem Heat and six man tag matches to get them well spotlet I think, mostly on the ww House shieldo. And this is around the time Bischoff comes in and by the time War Games gets ready to happen. I mean, my god, Harlem Heat just a couple of weeks, a couple of months in the territory. They're in the War Games, remember that in the main event. That's right, totally insane to realize how relatively immature they were on a national stage before getting into the wargame's main event. But that's all that's all due to Sid, That's all, you know, Sid getting getting people hired because of this way that he held, and upon Sid's passing, Booker T took to his own podcast, Reality of Wrestling to reflect a little bit on how it hit him looking back on what Sid did for him in w CW and his brother.
Speaker 14: It's been a rough day for me. Uh, it's been a real rough day. We lost Sid Vicious.
Speaker 12: Yeah, man.
Speaker 14: Sid actually was the dude that got me and my brother I break phone call, came to the Global Wrestling Federation, the sportatory him and pretty much to rest his history, Sid Vicious brought me and my brother in. He said, hey, ma, I'm gonna get you guys, and I'm gonna get you in. Probably about six months later, me and my brothers was in w CW, and not just in w CW, was staying at sid viscous apartment, uh park the Park apartments right there and marry out of Georgia. And uh he didn't have to do that. I mean, Sid didn't have to do that. I mean, but he went out on the limb just for me and my brother to actually give us a springboard right off the bat first pay per view, first pay per view, I was in the main event with Sid Vicious, you know, right here in Houston, Texas.
Speaker 6: All because of Sid.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 14: See, it made sure me and my brother got that spot two rookies, man, two green horns, you know, in the main event, and a pay per view that you know that was being debut Dusty Roads. You know, I came out of the mine of Dusty Rhoads. And man, what a time, Man, what a time I've been. I've been thinking about that all day today, man, ever since I heard I got a phone call, accident, got the news, and all day heaven just going back in time and going back to the early nineties. Man, it was such a freaking ride, Sisious, the one that kicked that ride off. Man, I'm just I'm just glad I got here to see Sid. I don't know, maybe six months year or two a year ago, and uh, I'm just glad I got a chance to tell Sid VI's just thank you. I swear to God, that's what I told Sid.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 14: I give him all the praise for getting me and my brother in and doing what he did for us. Man, I just I told him, I just wanted to thank him for everything. If he had personally in his face, you know, to his face. I wanted to thank him for everything that he did for me and my brother, and I'm just glad I got a chance to do that. Said it definitely was the guy that springboard you know, my brother and my my career to the next level. Put us in great position right off the bat. And and the thing is, I still don't even really know why said did that for us. You know, it's always always wonder, you know, you know what would have been my brother and I what would have been what would have been our route if it wasn't for said Vicious.
Speaker 8: I mean, I hate to say it, book I mean, do you want to know the reason why? Because he had an idea for death row gimmick and you thought you guys would make great prisoners. Well, look, how you get in the business is how you get in the business is what you do right from there along the way, how you navigate. So I understand all of the deference to Sid from Booker there and and and the praise to SID for getting them that opportunity, because he knows that they would have been fucking gone on and scapegoaded for that whole disaster if SID didn't have their backing from an office perspective, and if getting rid of the Harlem heat wasn't seen as a slight to Sid, which it would have been. So Sid took care of people along the way, particularly as he was trying again to forge a new identity as someone who could be helpful in the office as well as in the ring, which is just hilarious and doomed to fail. But we mentioned that another beneficiary of Sid's newfound sway, Sid's newfound influence is Colonel Robert Parker.
Speaker 9: And it was.
Speaker 8: At the Slambourree nineteen ninety three pay per view in May of nineteen ninety three that Van Hammer is in the ring to face a mystery opponent, and we are subjected for the first time to this Colonel Robert Parker character. And not only is he here to tell us who he is and what he's about, but he's here to introduce us to his charge, the returning Sid.
Speaker 3: Here comes.
Speaker 18: See Gurney very right up here.
Speaker 3: I was holding a stretcher that is contentable.
Speaker 10: I'm not to introduce to you now for three hundred pounds from mister ten a thief.
Speaker 3: Oh lord, you get off on your feet.
Speaker 13: Were a shoe of a stick for the man then rules the world. Sick fishup, Oh my, get that going over here.
Speaker 3: Long, Coco.
Speaker 13: We don't want help to hold here, Cooper n Father, get the god old the hair, Coco.
Speaker 3: I don't want to be holding the concas respas.
Speaker 11: I got a paper here, I tell you World Championship Wrestling.
Speaker 3: Better buy a few more kurneyes. Sit Vicious making its lighting the line.
Speaker 13: Meanwhile that Heather.
Speaker 3: Has destroyed the journey.
Speaker 13: Honey outside, sit Vicious hit back.
Speaker 3: Why here we go?
Speaker 8: So Sid gets in there and he's back, and he absolutely fucking.
Speaker 3: Yeah, better buy a few more gurneys.
Speaker 8: Yeah, if you're wondering if Bischoff was in power yet, let the fact that Larry's obisco is on color his old age body. He'll be the answer there. So Sid gets in the ring and absolutely obliterates van Hammer, and you know, he does what he has to do to be Sid right, the same thing that he had a fit over warrior pulling on him. Yeah, this is who the war ultimate warrior is, the ultimate Warrior has to do these things to be the ultimate warrior, to be who the people buy into. Now he's coming into WCW and he's gonna he's gonna run people over, even if, as the shoot interview that Sid did with Hannibal indicates, van Hammer wanted a little something more out of the deal, it's not gonna happen. Sid's in town.
Speaker 17: So we're sitting there and van Hammer is telling me all about all the stuff he's going to do, being bing bing.
Speaker 7: I said, no, do this what we're going to do where how you know he did his interest in talk. Come in, I'm gonna do this, Jill, can you kitch you to get power bombing?
Speaker 6: And that's it? And he looked around him and Bill said, I guess that's what we're doing.
Speaker 8: Bill Dundee, of course, Oh my god. It was front office and Aussie, I mean sits back. I mean this guy, please, he's just gonna squash everybody and that's the way it's going to be.
Speaker 3: And no one says.
Speaker 8: So he's back, and he kills van Hammer on the show, Power bombs him to hell in seconds, and van Hammer is essentially never heard from again until the Flock Days. So he's back and again mentioning that the shredder thing he got into that life right exactly. He was just left over from Jim Hurd's many failed attempts to create characters that appeal to children, including the rocker Van Hammer that he pushed to the moon and fizzled out, but still haven't. Of course, still in a contract back then, better believe it under contract throughout the whole nineties in w c W, despite never resonating in any way, shape or form, that was w CW. So again the movie thing, you know, with the Turner crossover, He tells Hannibal does Sid that when he worked for Turner, w W presented somebody who ran a promotion for when things came up for movie parts and stuff like that. Guess his name is Barry Norman. And this is a guy who would like, I guess, look around w CW for people in movie parts that that that they needed. And the guy from Maine, I guess, so he got him the gig with the Yeah, Barry Norman's his name. He runs the theater Familiar Evening Star Cinema, Brunswick, Maine. Perhaps he's a perhaps he's a presenter of plays as well. I'm not sure I know, but he says, Sid straight up says that this guy got him a gig with the Ninja Turtles movie where he was going to be Super Shredder, but according to Sid, only said no, we can't let Sid take those days off to do movies. Give it to Kevin Nash, who they were one going to do shit with post Oz after Oz, and thus Kevin Nash gets his first major role as Super Shrudder, but that was going to be Sid. According to Sid, he says, that's what happens when I was in the business, and this is great for me, But as far as trying to attain an acting career, they're not going to give you the days off because the business is a lot different. They would work out by the public about the loser leaves town or all that stuff to get time off, but Sid said it just that wasn't happening. So the other times he had a chance to really get into the movies we're talking about. You know, if you're not in California, it becomes hard. And his son was trying to break into the business at the time he did this interview. He said, you can ask my son about that. And eventually, after graduating college, talks about his sun a bit and he says the only person ever made it in movies was the Rock.
Speaker 3: He says.
Speaker 8: Eventually he ended up doing six or seven movies, and we did share with you just last week on the main Feed the episode of Under the Cinemat for one of the low budget films that Sid actually he was able.
Speaker 3: To do in his time. One. Yes, oh yes, River of Darkness, Boss. River of Darkness. What a piece of garbage. Oh it was bad, I mean, that was.
Speaker 1: It.
Speaker 7: It was.
Speaker 3: It was really bad. I mean it's it's a a straight to video movie and it was. It was just awful. And Kevin Nash in it as well. Yeah it was. I mean, yeah, Kurd Angle, Kevin Nash, Sid It's it's you know, it's kind of star studded cast there.
Speaker 8: Yeah, sure, it does film out of Pittsburgh. He also did a film called Stranded, and he apparently does a deal in like a mockingbird kind of movie where he doesn't have a speaking part, but he was dead the whole time.
Speaker 3: And yeah he and he and Nash are dead brothers, so he can.
Speaker 8: Okay, Yeah, is that River Darkness. That's River Darkness, River Darkness. Yeah, in this interview he starts talking about it. That's a different movie from River of Darkness. But oh, I see it wasn't.
Speaker 3: Sorry he's a.
Speaker 2: Lapsed fan Wrestling podcast.
Speaker 1: He's a lapsed fan Wrestling podcast with Jack and Carno and JP Soro, and he.
Speaker 8: Talked about, you know that he had a planned when he got in the business. He wanted to get out at forty and he was thirty three at this time in nineteen ninety three upon returning to WCW, so wow, you could see some you know, one or two juicy movie offers, maybe paving the path for a life beyond wrestling, which apparently he was seeing for himself within the decade. And then of course in WCW at the time as well was arn Anderson and this Boss is where our reality sets in October twenty seventh, nineteen ninety three, following a WCW live event in Blackburn, England. For all is for all the misery that was the WCW balance sheet in nineteen ninety three, there were some bright spots when they were able to get over to Europe. They had you know, pretty strong shows in England and Ireland and then around this point in nineteen ninety three as well as Germany. This was the tour of course where mckfuley gets his ear torn off in the Ropes against Vader, and it's a trip worth making for WCW is they try to find a place where they can actually turn a profit, and so everyone has to go over there.
Speaker 3: Not everyone, but many do, I imagine most.
Speaker 8: And so when we talk about the CID arm fight, there's just multiple perspectives. It's it's postmodern and the amount of perspectives there are on this thing. And we're going to do it damned just here in the TLF tribute to Sid because there's really no better place to get into this then right here, to try to lay down something approximating a fact pattern that takes most of the important perspectives into account. I want to start here with the book of at the time WCW ring announcer Gary Michael Kippetta, who's a shrewd observer of all that's happening around him in the business. He's kind of it's kind of a pain in the ass, but at the same time, he is somebody that sits in a unique vantage point and ended up in a position where he could just dish on everybody and had nothing to lose. At the time, with interviews and podcasts and such, was very open about, you know, being from Pennsylvania and getting his start working WWF shows under the auspices of the Pennsylvania Stated have led a commission about George of Horian's practices and stuff. So he's kind of a a He's a truth teller in a lot of ways, and you might not believe what he says is the truth. But he's not one of those guys that's wasn't me. I wasn't directly involved that. I won't comment. He will comment. Gary Michael Copetta will comment. By the way, I'm realizing who I'm thinking of in terms of Barry Norman. Oh yeah, Norman is the host of the BBC film series that I've used. Oh, of course for cinemat That's not this guy. That's not different Barry Norman. That's but that same name. That's why I'm like Barry Norman. I know, fucking Barry Nan. I thought you may have worked a theater for him or something or no summer.
Speaker 3: Second of definitely something like I knew the name for something.
Speaker 8: So Gary Michael Capetta of course, was on the road for WWT the time and has the perspective not so much as someone you know, involved in breaking up the fight, but involved in kind of observing the publicity that this happening overseas, with these wild wrestlers being in an England hotel room generated so he's kind of got that perspective on it as well. I turned to you, boss, if you could share with the Solar System GMC's recollections of this thing to get us started.
Speaker 3: On Tuesday morning, the buses were waiting at Gatwick Airport for the one hundred and fifty mile trek to Cardiff, Wales. The first event of the Halloween Havoc ninety three tour would be held that same evening. We arrived at the Cardiff Marriott at noon, allowing us just enough to time to eat, take a short nap and be ready to board the bus once again at five for the short trip to the International Arena. After a fairly successful Cardiff show, we were whisked off once again for a late night sixteen one hundred and sixty mile journey to Blackburn, the sight of the next night's event. Although everyone was understandably exhausted, spirits were high and spirits were flowing throughout the motor coach that served us as our home on wheels for the next week. Not a problem, not a problem. Nope, let's just get drunk. Most of the seats in the bus were of the standard of the standard Dard variety. Well, maybe it's a standard of variety and it's a double thing there. I think that's what it is. Yeah, facing forward, okay. In some of the sections, pairs of seats faced each other, separated by drop down tables with a built in with built in drink holders. The rear quarter of the coach was separated from the rest of the seats by a bathroom equipped with a drop down bed. This back section of the specially built tour bus usually served as private quarters for the show's headliner. On this particular evening, I shared the cubicle with Arn Anderson tour manager Phil Bowdry, and overflowing coolers of beer and soda. As guys continually wandered back to the makeshift bar, we chatted about the upcoming stops and the number of tickets already sold. Arn, one of the most respected guys in the business, expresses appreciation to Phil for the way BCC took care of us. It was a relaxing conversation. At the end of a NonStop five day trek. We arrived with the Moat House Hotel, Brother Mote Mote tier House, Big Protel.
Speaker 8: I think BCC, by the way, is the local promotions company that they partnered with for the tour.
Speaker 3: I thought it maybe have been a big Caucasian cock in England. Maybe, I guess that makes sense. The little Caucasian cock maybe makes sense. The British cock Casting Company. There it is, there it is. We arrived at the Mote tier House Hotel in Blackburn after midnight. The receptionist on duty was pleased to report that the lounge remained open as a courtesy to their American guests. The temptation was too great for several of the wrestlers to resist, so they moved. But here we go, So they moved the festivities from the bus to the bar, and the boozing began once again. The rest of us dragged our sleep deprived bodies off to our rooms to recuperate from the short naps, transatlantic antics, and late night road trips of the preceding days. There was nothing I desired more than a full night's sleep. It was one o'clock when I finally plopped into bed for what I thought would be a sound, peaceful rest. But the sounds that stirred me from my slumber were far from peaceful. Shouting and pounding jolted me back into consciousness. My brother, can't you pitch.
Speaker 8: That exhausted jet lag feeling? And then you finally feel like you've carved off the time to catch up? And then everyone then for some reason others just didn't get the memo, And.
Speaker 2: The more.
Speaker 3: Frustrating then, like when you're on the verge of like getting such much desired rest and then something just ruins it. Oh all right. My first thought was that the boys were just rough housing up and down the hall. I then realized the racket was taking place just outside my door. Seconds later, I heard funderous thumps or wax against either of the walls or the doors, or both. I couldn't be sure. The pictures and mirrors that hung in my room vibrated with the power of each impact. I quickly became convinced that this wrestling was for real. Alarmed, I moved closer to the door. There was no security peephole to see what was happening on the other side, so I impulsively reached for the doorknob. Between the smacking sounds, which continued without a pause, I heard the intense, persistent shrieks of a determined but desperate voice. It was the voice of said vicious correct Orn. I've heard enough. Oh my god. A few seconds of silence, then a whack Arn, it's got to end a little more agitated, another whack on, let's settle this right now. I heard the door across the hall burst open, a smack of flesh, and the struggling of two bodies bouncing off walls, heavy heaving grunts and groans during the scene of sounds. I nervously backed away from the door. Then I couldn't move. I should have. I should have picked up the phone to call for help, but I didn't. I couldn't. I was frozen in fear. By the time I regained my composer sure, the commotion had subsided into quiet murmurs of concern and shock. At the bloody aftermath of the fight, Sid was removed from the scene. As the boys huddled around Arn in the crimson splattered hall, WCW's head of security, Doug Dellinger, and Vader inspected the lacerations that covered the face and upper body of their bewildered and bloody friend Arn. Looked up at Vader, repeating over and over again, Leon, you know me. I don't carry a knife. You know me, brother, I never carry a knife. By now the Blackburn police and emergency squad members had joined the crowd. Both wrestlers were taken to the hospital and we were left to sort out exactly what had transpired. Lay it on too little sleep and too much alcohol. If not in Blackburn, it could have been London or Munich, or Hamburg or Birmingham, England, or Alabama. Given the circumstances, it was bound to happen. The only surprise was that it didn't happen sooner. The bad blood had begun to boil in the hotel bar when the conversation turned to the politics and the pecking order within wcw Arn defended his best buddy in booker Brick Flair, when Vicious accused Flair of unfairly promoting his pals instead of the wrestlers who could draw money. Sid sees himself as a draw and he knows Anderson and Flair are pals, they are really more like brothers. He was well aware of the bond and the loyalty that for years had existed between the two veterans. Arn aimed for sid sore spot with disparaging remarks about his limited sorry a limited wrestling ability and overrated reputation. When voices were raised and threats were traded, Devnger sent both wrestlers to their rooms for the night. Arm's room, Arn's room was across from mind well what it's worth And we'll hear this later.
Speaker 8: When Syd recounts the story, he says that the reason they went back to the rooms was because everyone was down in the bar thinking that the food that had been ordered for the wrestlers was going to be at the bar, and then they found out that the food had actually been delivered everybody's room, and that's why they go to the room, not that they were ordered up to their room. So let the first discrepancy.
Speaker 3: They weren't ordered up their room. The orders were in there.
Speaker 8: He got that, he got that mixed up. But I'm sure there's these little details along the way that that might make Sid seem a little bit more crazy or a little bit more of an instigator here that he he recasts. You know, he's got curious details about things like that, like who cares were the food? Like what are you talking about. But I feel like it's got to be self serving that the food is what brought them upstairs instead of a disciplinary You.
Speaker 3: Know, yes, crack of the way, because what did he do. He was just out there to get his dinner.
Speaker 8: Right exactly. They weren't sent up there because because he already started shit.
Speaker 3: Sids was on the opposite side of the hotel. Arne did what he was told. Sid stopped at his room, picked up a chair and carried it over to our corridor. He was like a man possessed, like a wounded animal that has found itself trapped, wounded by Arn's words, trapped by their inscapable truth. Sid returned for revenge. This was no longer the result of lips loosened by alcohol and hurt feelings. This was a premeditated attack. Arn, whose barbs can be biting, hit the bull's eye with his verbal assault. Sid, incapable of countering, retaliated the only way he knew how. Once Arn was lured into the hall, Sid was armed for the ambush. The battering of Sid's chair against Arn's door explained the power packed thumps that had vibrated the walls of my room when the repeated pounding and talents continued. Arn grabbed the only weapon he had with which to protect himself, a pair of scissors from his grooming kites. When he opened the door, Vicious cracked him over the head with the chair. Why is a stop? Why is it funny? Because it's like it's such an unnecessary thing to do, you know, like it's such a wrestling thing. You know, nobody fucking grabs a chair, knocks on a door and smashes somebody with it.
Speaker 15: Thank you.
Speaker 8: That's what That's the kind of perspective I'm looking for, you know, like nobody fucking does that. Like this guy doesn't know the difference between a wrestling fight and a real fight like he does. He'll hurt you, for real, But some of the history onics in there will make you wonder if it's a work.
Speaker 3: Like you, if you're gonna hurt, if you're gonna fight somebody, you just fucking fight them.
Speaker 8: You know, you don't cut a promo, We're gonna finish this. You don't make a big scene out of banging on his door. Definitely don't go and get a squeegee. Such a gimmick.
Speaker 3: This guy, he's such a goof The two then wrestled for control of the shears, stabbing each other as they bounced off the walls. God, if you would scored the fight from the gashes scarring both men's bodies, Sid would be declared the winner. But judging from the sentiments expressed by the wrestlers, it was a no contest. Arn was the crowd favorite. Oh, it was no contest. Arn was a crowd favorite. You'd have to know these two guys to understand why Sid and Arn came from each other. From places as far apart as can be, each views the wrestling business from an entirely opposite perspective. The the ease with which Sid came by a success had caused him to show little appreciation for his position. For Arn, on the other hand, it's a matter of pride. He has worked long and hard to rise to the top of his game. The respect he shows for his craft has been formed by overcoming challenges Sid has never faced. Sid is blessed with the genetics of Superman and the luck of an irishman, but is shackled by the ignorance and arrogance of a street tough hoodlum Wow. He has been known to sit out bookings to play softball for his hometown team. He thinks nothing of walking out on a promotion without regard to contracts. Forget contracts, what about doing what's right? What about professionalism? He has repeated these stones time and again, believing he always will always be hired back, and he usually is, despite the fact that beyond his quote monster look, he is only a mediocre worker. Sid has repeatedly been rewarded with headlining positions by the promoters he screws. That has been his experience. Arn, on the other hand, is of average stature and has made his mark in the wrestling world not on appearance, but by perfecting his ring work. His consistently solid performances, along with the reputation as a team player, make up for the monster look he does not and never can possess. His interview skills are second to none. He has agreed to take pay cuts instead of losing his position, yet never short changes the promoters, or his co workers or the fans. When a prima donna like Sid contentiously accuses a dedicated loyalist like Arn of maintaining his position because of patronage, there's bound to be a fight. It was not surprising that the WCW and ww wrestlers who knew both men were overwhelmingly in Arn's corner. The immediate reaction of the boys on tour was one of sadness. There was an outpouring of concern for Arne's health, as well as uneasiness over how the fight in the press coverage that followed might affect his position with the company. As was often the case, some of the guys found humor in what it may had happened. Maybe it was their way of coping. Perhaps it's a callousness, a callousness, lousness, no callousness. Sorry, it's a repeated wordigan as a callousness developed from being exposed to so much lunacy day in and day out. It only took hours from Mark Merrow and Mark Bagwell to commemorate the incident with a Muhammad al Li style poem, as delivered by Marrow and his best little Richard impersonation. When I'm in the shower, I'm afraid to wash my hair. I might open my eyes and Psychocid will be standing there in his fucking shower shoes. Yeah, some people think I'm crazy, maybe a little touched, But showers remind me of Sid Vicious too much. When I opened the door, he hit me with a chair. I said, Sid Vicious, you know that isn't fair. So I got a pair of scissors and stabbed him in the gut. You should have seen Sid Vicious bleed from the cut. He staggered and stumbled, and down the hall he fell. How can you rule the world when you can't even rule the hotel? The buzz around the locker room lasted for months. The buzz from ringside observers continues to this day.
Speaker 8: So all that said, what a sid side of the stabbing incident's story? What does the psycho one have to say?
Speaker 3: Boss?
Speaker 8: I didn't do anything. I had nothing to do with anything happened to do with Hart Anderson.
Speaker 3: You be the judge.
Speaker 8: You hear words from the man himself in a series of shoot interviews, and you tell us if that's basically what it amounts to what he says? So is it pertains the question? What sid side of the stabbing story? Let's take a few dabs at it?
Speaker 3: What do you say?
Speaker 6: Let's do it exactly what happened? We were in a board and I just wait you some food.
Speaker 7: We're all on the table drinking, and somebody brought the question and I think asked on a question, what's wrong in our business while we're drawing?
Speaker 6: Like the other company?
Speaker 7: Is that the one thing about me is man, I mean, if you can't be honest, you can be honest with me because you can't hurt my feelings because I'll just say, man, it's not true.
Speaker 6: I am better.
Speaker 3: What do you think there can't hurt his feelings?
Speaker 8: Okay, okay, yeah, And that's a great that's a great question to ask, you know, like why is our business down?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 8: Sure, because I'm sure the answer will be, well, it won't cause any fights at all, of course.
Speaker 7: But what I thought I was wrong with the business. And that's what I said. It's what I'm saying. I said, well, it's our business. We get a fucking old man named Ric Flair. Need to get the fuck out of way. Listen to guys. The thing about the business is that why you have to, you know, revolve talent because people do get burned out.
Speaker 6: And I think that's proven.
Speaker 7: I mean I think that was proven there the fact that they're released for him to go to w W F you they never thought that would have ever happened, but it did and now you know.
Speaker 6: But anyway, so we get to start the argument.
Speaker 3: I had a question, real quick, boss, can you help me with this?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 8: What would w CW have done if they agreed with Sid and stuck with his dumb ass and then Stargate happened and they had no main event? Having Rick Flair around then seemed to make a lot of sense, didn't it. Let's go with Sid's version so that we don't hire Ric Flair, the only guy who can save our ass on this show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I think you don't. And I think what happens is despite despite getting you know, stab and stabbing and doing all sorts and having a completely unnecessary and completely inappropriate fight, Sid main events Starcade ninety three by himself is what happens, and he faces himself for the title, and then.
Speaker 7: We got the little, you know, verbal argument, and I think he's shung beers in my face in the bar, and then as I was going into my room.
Speaker 8: I think, do you think is he is? I swear to god, it sounds like he's like chewing dip no tobacco. This is nineteen ninety seven R video shoot, and I've seen the video of it. It doesn't seem that way when you watch it, but.
Speaker 3: All right, all right, it definitely sounds like he is he's dipping. It's either that or he sounds like someone who would dip. Do you know what I mean? Someone who sounds like in and out every now and again.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, he does dip. The story of his life the dip man. I love that phraseology. I think Arn threw a beer at me. Yeah, like he's he's trying. I think to say somethings along the way that make an Arn's fault, even.
Speaker 3: If, of course or fault, no question.
Speaker 8: I mean, would you forget in a situation like this, if someone never would be never to start.
Speaker 3: I don't care how fucking drunk you are, exactly, you don't forget this kind of ship.
Speaker 7: Bunch of guys were in the hallway and he broke a beer bottle and threatened to cut me. Then in my room was only just a few rooms down for him. Like I came past his room, took the left, four doors was my room, you know, Like we got in there there what food was?
Speaker 8: So sid has introduced this fact that we did not hear from two cold Scorpio, that we did not hear from a Gary Michael capetto which, in all fairness, you know, they don't claim to be eyewitnesses from the very from the very inception of the confrontation on the hotel floor. But Sid just added that Arn threatened him with a broken off beer bottle, which I've never heard. I heard Arn was in his room and Sid goes to the door. But okay, we'll grant that for the psychoed one.
Speaker 3: What's that to say, no, no, he's he's absolutely right, there's I mean, I also heard that that there were a couple uh uh hotel employees who were you know, holding him hostage with bows and arrows as well at arrow point, yes, exactly.
Speaker 6: Going to the bar, but actually came to my room, I said, being part of the sandwiches.
Speaker 8: So talking about the sandwiches and where the food went, that's a fucking relevant detail. Sandwiches are crucial to the store in the room, they're not at the bar.
Speaker 6: I said, Man, it's not sucking, you know, I mean, I've got a bad temper.
Speaker 7: Two said, he just fucking stripped me from bear in my face and then just fucking treated me with a beer bottle broken I said, all fucking line. So there's a chair, it's like that, but you're not the leg off I was whacking star.
Speaker 8: We had a couple of times who instead of just swinging the chair, breaks the leg off of it.
Speaker 3: Well, you know you you you want to You want to break the leg GoF of it for sure? Why because then you have the sharp wood so you can stab him right exactly. But obviously you want to take the time and the energy when you're in the midst of preparing for battle in order to.
Speaker 8: And then somehow argue that this wasn't premeditated, even though you went to the trouble of manufacturing an items that can stab.
Speaker 3: I will say this regarding said, there is nothing within him that says he studies any sort of meditation whatsoever.
Speaker 7: So when I got back down, there was no one in the hallway because do worship. So I knocked on the door. I said, come on.
Speaker 6: Out here, motherfucker, you bring your here about it?
Speaker 7: Whatever some words are exchange I could want of hearing I heard even falling around still around of thought. I said, he's fucked up as bad as I am, you know, and down get to realize what I was doing, I said, This is fucking stupid.
Speaker 8: You can uh incoming alibi ready to tell when he takes that kind of a pregnant pause.
Speaker 7: Look at the records that the police had. The stick that he says I hit him with, was he never touched him? Was twenty feet the opposite way of where the fight happened.
Speaker 8: Now, okay, what he says that the stick that Arn would claim later that he attacked him with from the chair, that he never touched on with the stick, And in fact, for some reason, he doesn't want to say why the stick was twenty feet from where the fight actually unfolded.
Speaker 3: Well, because I mean, couldn't someone have thrown it? Yes, it's a not a potential you know, reality there.
Speaker 8: I mean, you know, I'm no professional estimator, but twenty feet it's not that.
Speaker 3: Far from the city.
Speaker 8: Not, I mean, that's an easy throw for sure, you know. And he wants us to look at the police records. Okay, yeah, let me go over to what is it, the Blackwell, England Police Department and pull those real quick.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm I'm actually disappointed that you didn't do it. Don't fucking don't don't come with that.
Speaker 6: One drop of blood, one dinner.
Speaker 7: It would have been hit or nothing. And I went to the rest of it, so arnt come out? I left, turned, turned my back in the door open. I turned around. Aren't sitting near a pair of scissors? And I went just like this as a man. Hey, this is called to fucking far. And then I remember coming after me, all right, So he coming after me. I don't really remember getting stabbed in the in the beginning. And he were in some two doors in the corridor, and he backed me up there and I had nowhere to fucking run. And when he came into me, he got close to me. When he did, I think any one time, and he fell down like at my feet. When he did, I looked at him, and then now the corner of my eye, I saw the scissors fall. They were falling out of my stomach, and I got the scar right there. So when I saw the scissors fall, and now I realized I've been stabbed, But I didn't feel it in my face in my hands. Then he launched back for him a second time, and the face are gon first.
Speaker 8: Okay, so why would you feel it in his face in his hands? He got stabbed on his face in his hands as well as oh he did got Yeah, he had scrapes and cruising for sure.
Speaker 3: He says, I stabbed in my cup. I didn't feel it my face in my hands, like, yeah, because you didn't get stabbed there, but I guess he did. Yeah.
Speaker 8: Later he would find that he had those wounds, but you know they're not They weren't as obvious to him. So his thing is he just clubbed Arn. Basically, he fell and the scissors fell, and then the franks before he clubbed him, he Sid got Arn got some shots in, some stabs in really that he didn't realize, and the scissors fall out of Sid's stomach, and then Arn goes to grab him again and Sid gets the scissors away. Now, I mean, obviously it's who knows what we would do in a situation like that. But if I came into the confrontation thinking this has gone too far, you have scissors in your hand, and then he goes ahead and proves that, and then I get control of the scissors, and he's so drunk that I didn't even think it was worth fighting him in the first place.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 8: I'd like to tell myself that my first thought wouldn't be can I stab this guy forty five.
Speaker 3: Times in return?
Speaker 8: It doesn't it It seems like, you know, the fact pattern, even though I'm hurt, is kind of in my favor at this point. And if I do that, then all of a sudden, I'm the problem. But we'll see, yeah, I don't.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and then I don't. Happened so fast, there's like a nightmare, you know, And I remember.
Speaker 7: I think somebody said him or somebody Walton Hollis made her killing me, killing me or something, and I had the scissors in my hand.
Speaker 8: Ah, so he went completely blank and was actually stabbing you catch that?
Speaker 15: Ah?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 3: The uh the momentary lapse of sanity.
Speaker 8: That's right, Yeah, which can be a criminal defense. You know, if you argue that in the time that you actually began the fatal attack, you you were basically and incapable of rendering a decision as to what it was you were doing, that that can be you know, it's called the insanity defense.
Speaker 3: Sometimes.
Speaker 8: Yes it's fake, right, but it's it's less about insanity and about whether in that moment you were in a state of mind to form the intent to hurt somebody. Doesn't mean you you're going to get acquitted for sure, but it might make the difference between murder one, you know what I mean, murder two or manslaughter.
Speaker 7: Right. I looked down and I saw him, A fuck, he's fucked up. So I threw the fucking scissors as far as I could. I've been to him to actually trying to pick him up and hauling.
Speaker 8: Throw the scissors as far as you threw the chair leg. Yeah, what I would love it if he said I threw I threw. I threw the scissors forty feet away from me, and then he's questioning twenty feet for the fucking chair leg. So what I did, Sean, And you know this because we talked about my football careers. I got my hands on the scissors and then I fell back in the pocket A I scrambled from about the twenty to the fifteen, and A launched downfield where the intended receiver was the recipient of a pass interference call.
Speaker 7: Fucking So I danced to call An when I did blood concussion on my stomach. Now I realized I've been stabbed, So I'm scared to fucking that all white on.
Speaker 8: Wait a minute, now, he's saying he's now realizing he'd been stabbed right, Yes, yes, didn't he say before that he saw that the scissors fall out of the side of his body before he started stabbing Ron, Well, you're forgetting that the scissors can run. Well, I'm not questioning the position of the scissors. I'm questioning him saying.
Speaker 3: As scissors move all over the place, they they are like it's like a toy story.
Speaker 8: I mean, this is a horrible situation, but I do feel that these are important details. I mean, listen, he just claimed to realize he'd been stabbed in two different moments apart from each other.
Speaker 3: Here's the thing about Sid. Okay, honestly, he shouldn't have been called Sid vicious. He should have been Sid victim because that's what he is.
Speaker 2: He's a la fan wrestling podcast.
Speaker 1: He's the Lapsed Fan Wrestling podcast with Jack and for An Seo and JP Sorrow.
Speaker 7: On the fucking Hallway and then the rest of the rest. These are some other things that people don't know. We were supposed to be flowing different flights back, putting different hotels.
Speaker 6: When I was in the hotel.
Speaker 7: When I was in the hospital, the police or whatever you call it, law enforcement over there, they came in my room, trying to get in a press charges against him, and said, no, man, I looking press charges against him. I said, you know, we're both you know, made mistake of you know, I don't know how bad he's really hurt. You know, I really didn't. That's why you feel it was not they don't have one scratch on him, you're not exports towards surgery already have that stabs him. I said, he's not going to scratch on him. And I thought maybe, Like I said, that happened so fast. I really don't Rember happy this motherfucker. So I was going to press charges on him, and then, uh, then that night the nurse came over to my room, he said, and you finished really messed up.
Speaker 8: Okay, So the police, who want, for some reason said to press charges against Arn, tell him that Arn doesn't have a scratch on him, and then a nurse comes by later and says, your your your friend isn't doing too good. Why he would get two different versions of Arn Anderson's condition, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I've never understood.
Speaker 8: I don't even understand why it's self serving to kind of frame it that way. Sometimes I think of it that way. Yeah, I mean is the guy okay or not?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 7: And there a new place where why are Yeah? So I dropped the charges. All right, Now we get to go home. I found him in the hotel by myself. I go to they on Leaves's boots at the hospital. So I took him with me to get him down the road somewhere.
Speaker 16: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I found out that he was at the same hotel as that, So I just left him at the front desk and assumed you did these darn Andersons.
Speaker 8: And then took out a nine millimeter and started shooting out the chandeliers.
Speaker 3: Just all of a sudden, like took out a pair of boozies and just started fucking just overturning like catering trays. And just think of Sid. Okay, think of Sid holding a pair of automatic weapons and just going bonkers with it. It's it's cinematic. I will say that. I can see it right now. Yeah, like his face, you know, just like with like a like a military green vest on but no shirt underneath. Yeah, yeah, oh absolutely, listen, he's yeah, he looks like he does on the cover of the the ninety one War Games. Uh vhs. I knew that picture was crystal cleared in my mind for some reason.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, So I went to a machine drink kildrink poke or something.
Speaker 3: What what's the specify that he didn't go get booze? I guess. But then he says, my godkers, you're gonna be in this with that? You said, no, seriously, right? Did you get you have a snack too? Did you get a can? Did you go down to seven eleven and get a can of ease?
Speaker 6: There? I'm sorry. With all the people in the world, Arm was the last person I wanted. I wouldn't want to do that to.
Speaker 7: Anybody because I had to, but I did not want He would have been the last person in the world about because he had only been good to me as a person. I don't know what anybody said every behind my back, face to face. He was always a gentleman, and I can only assume he was like that at all the time.
Speaker 3: I don't like that.
Speaker 7: So I said, well, where does ARM say? And Joey said that Arm said he was so fucked up they can't remember anything, And so that's you know, the true story, all right? If Joey magg says, that's not that he's a fucking line, and I'll remember those words.
Speaker 8: I'm not sure where Joey Maggs's version of the story is printed, but I know we kind of need that. He's going out of his way to talk about Joey Maggs and I don't know why.
Speaker 3: But oh, he's got the truth.
Speaker 7: Exactly. I mean, we're both pretty messed up, you know, to the point that they got like that. Everybody was I'm not a drinker. I don't drink much. They didn't take a lot of alcohol to get me.
Speaker 6: Into a state of or whatever. We can remember it, but that's pretty much how it happened.
Speaker 3: Thoughts. I see no holes in his stories whatsoever. He could excellent. I'm glad we agree on that. It's about as iron clad as you can fucking get.
Speaker 8: I mean, I think one thing we can we can conclude.
Speaker 3: About he's more iron clad than iron Mike Sharp.
Speaker 8: And that's saying something. I think one thing we can say for sure about the man after that that version is if there's something, if there's a situation where you know there's tension in the air and you just have to make that one remark that will set the other guy off. Sid is the guy that will always make.
Speaker 3: That remark oh yeah, oh yeah. And you know what, I don't think he even consciously knows it can't help. But exactly, I think it's just like a thing like he just this is how he needs to respond, and you know what, this is the truth. Yep, exactly, this is the true.
Speaker 8: It's really funny you say that, because later on in his career he would talk a lot about how he would want WWF to talk to his lawyer to negotiate, because he's like, you know what's gonna happen if you deal directly with me. I'm eventually gonna get pissed off. I'm gonna say something that's gonna piss you off, and the whole thing's going to blow up, and I'm gonna be the bad run. So he knows that about himself. He knows he can't help it, and that's probably why there was blood all over this hotel Halloween English.
Speaker 3: He knows that he just can't help but tell the truth.
Speaker 8: So let's do some comparison. He would revisit the story that was the nineteen ninety seven R video shoot interview, the first shoot interview SID ever did, which I would highly recommend to get a flavor of the man when he was, you know, truly in his money earning prime. In a lot of ways in wrestling, it's very rare that you get a star of his caliber doing a shoot interview without you know, the business mostly being in the rearview mirror. So you get some real raw kind of perspective on the WWF run that he had just wrapped up, which is which is great because you know, it's it's how he really feels instead of like three years later they give him a nice front colony softens everything, you know. So that's that's worth checking out. And so was Devin Nicholson stuff that he's done. Because Sid would go up to Great Great White North Wrestling, which is Hannibal Devin Nicholson's indie promotion up in Canada, and as part of making some shots in the ring and making appearances, he would also do these shoot interviews. And so here is Sid what probably twenty years later, maybe fifteen years later, speaking to Hannibal overcounting more truth.
Speaker 3: More truth is what you're telling me. We'll see.
Speaker 8: Let's keep our ears especially peeled, and not only you, boss, but everybody listening in the Solar system for any points of contradiction. I'll try to catch them if I hear them, But let's crowdsource this everybody out there too. Feel free to hit us up the lapsed fan at gmail dot com if there's anything you noticed that doesn't quite job what happened.
Speaker 7: We got into an argument while we're all waiting on fearing the lot in the bar, we thought it was coming there was actually going to our rooms.
Speaker 8: I mean, why does he Why is that an important detail? I'm killing myself trying to figure out what he thinks that does to soften the blow for him.
Speaker 3: Any guesses like who care? I mean, I guess that's the reason why they would be upstairs altogether. Yes, yeah, maybe he's trying not like why I guess maybe even like why they'd be out and about, yeah, or why he'd be out.
Speaker 8: Of his room potentially not in his ass falling asleep. Yeah, exactly right, Yeah, you're right, you know, I know you're you're helping me realize something. What it probably is is he's probably trying to minimize how drunk he was, because he's giving a reason that they're at the bar, if not to drink, Right, here's a reason to be at the bar. Instead of just getting obnoxiously intoxicated. We're at the bar because we think that's where our food's going to be.
Speaker 3: Yep, yep.
Speaker 8: So if those sons of bitches had told us where the food was going to be, Arnwood run stabbed. That's that's my Jesus Jesus Christ.
Speaker 7: They got brought up, what's frown the business? And everybody said, I've said it out loud, said Flair just needs it, you know, not worry about his job. He's got his job. We all got guaranteed money.
Speaker 8: That's way softer than what he said the first time about old man needs to get the fuck out of the way versus don't worry about your job man, And it's all good. We're all winning here.
Speaker 3: No that's not what you said. No, we're all we're on the same side here. There's no way with that proviso that arn flies off the handle like that.
Speaker 7: Just step back and let somebody else know go forward. You're not you're not getting a pay cut. So I any got upset and hit me in the head with a beer bottle, and so of course, you know, everybody started breaking with the fight, and then we had security there.
Speaker 6: So as I'm going to my room.
Speaker 7: You know, the security from Charlotte's name is Doug something that came out of tell Enginer, Doug Dillingdry. So they were all out there and arn. Now he cracks the bare bald. He tries to stand you with it. I went, no, motherfucker, this ain't gonna happen.
Speaker 3: So I go to my room.
Speaker 7: There's a chair in there, and I tear off an arm off of so I'm gonna go back and walking in the head with it. Now I get down. There's nobody in the hallway. Now, so I knock on the door. I hear arms stumbling around. I actually think I hear him fall. I say, he's two drugs. So I take the arm and I toss it the opposite way I'm going.
Speaker 3: So now he he says, he tosses it.
Speaker 8: Whereas the first instance, if I'm not mistake, and then maybe a closer examination, I might be wrong. But he doesn't never say he throws it. He just points out that it was twenty feet away, right to excuse the possibility that he, you know, initiated the first kind of really serious contact that would perhaps go towards justifying a counter attack with scissors hmmm. This time he threw it down the thing, so you got that on.
Speaker 3: He never hit you with it. Do you agree with that? We'll find out.
Speaker 7: As soon as I turn to hear the door open and I turned around, he starts going after me. He comes on to me, he gets her closed. I don't really realize him that's where he stick stabs me in the stomach, but he does. I just one time he drops when he drops his feet of my feet, and now on my preferal vision, I see the scissors follow at our feet and he's not No, I didn't knock him out, just enough to knock him off of me.
Speaker 6: To the ground.
Speaker 8: It's now the he sees the scissors at his feet, whereas I'm pretty sure in the first one he framed it as it fell out of my side and I realized that he was stabbed. Now he doesn't have that. Two different times he realized he was stabbed. Problem and he had the scissors first, right, he had this is first.
Speaker 7: Now he lounges for the scissors the second time, and this time I give him first, and then I'm stabbing back because at that point you're thinking it's a.
Speaker 6: Life, for it is a life for death. I mean, I don't know what I mean.
Speaker 7: I gotta stabbed three times here in my face and once here. But I'll be honest with you, I never realized I was stabbed. I never knew it until when co Scorpio said, I guess it was him. He says, hey, man, you're killing dude. And I had got horned by the back of the neck and I'm stabbed and he may ever work.
Speaker 8: Okay, think about that. He's got armed by the back of the neck, having dropped him, and he is just stabbing him.
Speaker 3: Can you picture this.
Speaker 8: I mean, it's horrifying, just going and going and going blackout. He sees red and he's not gonna stop boss until arn isn't moving anymore. Great guy, you know, definitely definitely nor family man, I mean normal and uh you know, just certainly somebody who knows how to hold their temper.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean we used to, you say sarcastically. No, I'm dead serious, all right, you know, he's yeah, he's a he's a what do you want? I know where to run?
Speaker 8: And when he came into this from the first one, he got close to me failed down at my feet, and when I did, I looked at him, and then out of the corner of my eye, I saw the scissors fall. They were falling out of my stomach. Yep, okay he did.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 8: The first time he said he saw the things fall out of his stomach, and the second the scissors, and the second time he saw them on the.
Speaker 6: Floor and hitting him with also not just stabbing him but hitting him as well. And then it hits me.
Speaker 8: I'm standing over, I'm going I think it was a scorpio that said he in this position sid is not only stabbing, but he's kicking aren't in the head when he's on the ground.
Speaker 3: Can you pick?
Speaker 8: Oh my god, those short shin kicks, those Kwada style kickers.
Speaker 3: Stuff. Fucking ah. I need your help on the sound of X for this. Oh it's probably something just like.
Speaker 8: To let it out, boss. This is your moment you've been you've been looking for this release.
Speaker 19: Come on, God, I gets cut into the throat.
Speaker 3: I never heard that he's he's stabbed him like twenty times.
Speaker 8: I mean, that was that was so much worse than I expected it to be with the sound he came up with, and.
Speaker 6: What's going on here? So I takes decision. I'm going other ways.
Speaker 7: I could from both of us, so I said, he's hard man, so I reached over to grab him. When I did, blood comes out.
Speaker 3: Me.
Speaker 6: Hits the wall. Now I realize I'm stabbed as well. So that's when I go to the lobby, and that's where Bader is.
Speaker 8: Okay, I'll mention Evader in the first story.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and was there ever any legal ramifications of that?
Speaker 7: This The thing is, they came to me and said, you know, we want you to press charges. I said, no, I'm not gonna press charges. And then they came back to the next day try to get their press charges. I said, you know what I mean, I'm messed up, and I know he's messed up, so I'm not gonna work. I'm not gonna press charges. And then they said to me he didn't have a scratch onning. I'm so hold on, man, they can't be true, but maybe possible.
Speaker 8: So that can't be true, but maybe possible said.
Speaker 3: That's that should be the name of his book.
Speaker 7: Okay, yeah, I'm gonna press charges if they go back and get the paperwork to come back. Well, that night, the nurse comes in my room and I said something. I said, well, How's how's the She said, how are you doing? I said, okay, your friend's not doing Okay, don't really there's these comps.
Speaker 6: Just told me that he didn't.
Speaker 8: What what makes this nurse think that that guy is Sid's friend? He just almost killed him?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: What I what?
Speaker 3: Your friend's not doing? What happened to Harvey's what happened? Yeah? Where's where's Harvin's? Where's Nick? Busick?
Speaker 6: And a scratch on him? So I walked down the hall and looked in his room. He was messed up.
Speaker 7: So when they came to the next morning, I said, I'm not signing that. Okay, see how life is. So when I get back home, Lawrence excues me. You know. So I had to put a twenty thousand dollars retainer with a lawyer in Charlotte, which she never got a nick of.
Speaker 6: And I just had to pay a lawyer to get him no, because he thought it says how I've got money? He doesn't. He's gonna get money you get And that's how that wow implication the war.
Speaker 8: That's a Sid shot right there if I've ever heard one.
Speaker 3: So I don't know.
Speaker 8: In the first instance, he doesn't talk about he says no scratch on him, obviously, but he doesn't really talk about going to look at Arn to confirm visually, you know that visually that he's messed up. You know, he just says, I just dropped the charges in the first interview, right, and the nurse tells you tells him you know your friend's really messed up. So I don't know why you leave that detail out of actually observing the damage before you leave. But as far as this strange whole thing about why even mentioned the charges and everything, I feel like there's something about wrestler brain where it's like it's not even like an alibi for exoneration. It's there's always like this thing of like I could have press charges against you, motherfucker.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, I was the bigger man.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 8: Somehow Sid has found a way because aren't actually suited him, As we'll get to that, he was actually the bigger man here because he didn't press charges. I don't you know what, Arn, Why don't you thank Sid? That's the real question. Why doesn't somebody ask Carn and or some one of that that it's I.
Speaker 3: Honestly don't understand why why Arn isnngrateful that that Sid attacked him, so he should be gracious and grateful.
Speaker 8: I mean he should be grateful that it wasn't worse than it was from a legal perspective.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's true too.
Speaker 8: Imagine if Arn had to get detained in England and there had to be you know, transatlantic negotiation to get to get his body back over here. I mean that's the thing. People didn't think Sid enough, and I think that's a big part of the reason that he was so aggressive in Hyper's because no one ever said thank you to the man.
Speaker 3: Look what he didn't do.
Speaker 8: So I'm going to give you the excerpt now because he mentioned him from Vader's book. Vader has told the story in interviews as well. But he does a nice discinct job, or at least I won't say sync, it's.
Speaker 3: A complete job. And when anything about.
Speaker 8: Or the Kenny Casanova books, who we we love his stuff. I mean it's a gift from God that he got all these wrestlers in such a detail chronologically on their career before they passed. So shout outs to uh the Look the Vader book, it's called walking on hot waffles. That's just that's what it's called. And standing here right now. I don't remember why, but I think I can take a pretty good guess. Vader walking walking with hot waffles in your belly?
Speaker 3: What it should be.
Speaker 8: Called walking while on hot waffles?
Speaker 3: Walking after consuming?
Speaker 8: Yeah about the title, leon, you know, we hear the publisher thought.
Speaker 3: Waffles my kind of party. Got it right now? Can you imagine a waffle house when Vader shows up? Jesus, oh, you know exactly. It's like, you know, the sign they're they're like, listen, awful house does not close. We know, it's one of those establishments that just is always open. But they see they see, you.
Speaker 8: Know, it's known as the Vader clause out there in the rocky mountains.
Speaker 3: They see the the fucking vehicle, you know, shake its way up to the door, all right, and it's like and it stops, like it's actually, you know, it just kind of purrs for a little while in in you know, and they're like, oh shit.
Speaker 8: When you watch the grin Shoes told Christmas this year, I want you to think of it as that's how Vade comes down down his mountain, yes, exactly, in his fucking snow cat, all right, and he comes and then and then the motor turns off, and now all the employees panic because they thought for sure they had a night off.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 8: The scene is like everyone looking out the kind kind of Florida ceiling window, looking out the huge ass windows onto the parking lot in a state of like stun silence, and then.
Speaker 3: Or even better, even better, you know, but beforehand, this is what happens. So the SnowCat drives up to the parking lot, does not enter the parking lot yet, and it just kind of waits outside the parking lot. Yes, and everyone, every all the employees of walf House, they fucking they stare and they're like, oh no, and you just try the tight shot on all their faces, and you hear the low rumble and they're just watching it. Is it gonna go straight? Or is it gonna take the turn into the parking lot. And then you hear, just like you said from he makes the turn into the parking lot.
Speaker 8: He makes the turn in the parking lot, and they're still holding out hope that maybe he's not coming in.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god. And then yeah, then it just stops. It gets a parking spot, right out front, so you don't show that.
Speaker 8: All you show is the looks on the faces of like six waffle house members looking out the window.
Speaker 3: And like close ups of the headlights, yeah, you know, close up to the of the headlights, like those are the eyes of Vader. It's touch right, and then and then and then you get like a shot. So imagine the shot. Okay, you get your wide screen you know, your wide screen frame. On the left side of the frame, you have a massive close up of the uh one of the driver's side headlight. Okay, it like almost fills the entire screen. The other side you have basically the rest of the empty parking lot snow, and it's it's you know, and it's and it's it's out of focus, all right. And then the motor stops and the light goes out, oh right, and then the door opens and you cut right back inside, all right, and everybody panics fucking trying to close up.
Speaker 20: Lock the fucking door, Lock the fucking door.
Speaker 3: Before he gets here, and you get the manager. He like he does one of those like like a you know, a nineteen seventies cop show, sliding over the over the the the the counter all right, with the keys, and he's racing, racing, racing, and he's about to fucking insert the key into the lock, and all of a sudden, the door just slams open and the manager flies ten feet in the air.
Speaker 8: It's like the first time we see zeus and no holds bar exactly.
Speaker 3: What the fucking waffles?
Speaker 8: Why are you already mad that you don't have them? You just walked in the restaurant. At least give us a chance to, like, you know, prepare your order.
Speaker 20: He's shut your damn mouth all about fucking waffles.
Speaker 8: Now he picks up like the you know, they have the syrup containers on every He picks them up and starts chucking them like fastballs over the counter.
Speaker 3: He's throwing them, throwing them with his right hand and with his left hand he's drinking it.
Speaker 8: Disgusting, absolutely repulsive, the amount of.
Speaker 3: And then he grabbed like like two of them, and you know, he clashed them together and they shatter.
Speaker 8: The amount of butter and syrup that he put on his waffles. I mean, can we take a.
Speaker 3: Moment, you know what I mean?
Speaker 6: Can think of it.
Speaker 3: It's just it's really it's it's syrup soup and and it's like it's like a bowl of soup, but it's it's it's maple syrup and butter and the waffles are the crackers. That's what it's like.
Speaker 8: Hey, what episode did they talk about like the cinematic qualities of Vader going to the waffle house? Oh, that's Sid Tribute Part three. And he goes he goes in the back of the fucking uh uh. You know, he like storms his way through. He's like flipping tables over. He's three, He's like just tossing employees left and right. Is he ever gonna realize that this never gets him food faster?
Speaker 7: To do this?
Speaker 3: You like injuring all the people who can help me, who can help make this a smooth process. But he's so fucking and he gets to the back and there's like, you know, there's like one there's like one like sixty year old retired chef. All right. You know, he just works at waffle house because he loves to cook and it's an opportunity to get out of the house. He's just this old man who just like, you know, he just likes being around the kids and and helping out. But here he is now, now he is the focus. He is the focus of Vader's attention. Mambe some fucking eggs, come on, old man.
Speaker 20: Maybe the fucking eggs, old man, Stop beating a bitch.
Speaker 3: Feed my mouse exactly. That's the one thing if you want to avoid this happening, stop being a bitch. Right. Why doesn't that ever recur to these people? They get victimized time and time again, and they never decide maybe I should turn my bitch meter down a little bit. I'm gonna throw your face on the grid. Old man, I'm gonna eat you.
Speaker 8: Starts pouring syrup on him while he's preparing the food, like countdowns on brother, and he's pouring it on his head and while he cooks.
Speaker 3: Well, I get to tell me they're eating waffles or I'm eating your face. All right, it's a T shirt. Write it down.
Speaker 8: I'm either eating waffles or your face. And then you know what to do graphically. You know what to do graphically.
Speaker 3: I think I don't know.
Speaker 8: Can you fit that those those words in the waffle house yellow square sign?
Speaker 3: Sure can? And did we name? Did we title Vader's book Walking on Hot Waffles?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 8: So don't come at us about this. Oh my god, you put it on the table, among other things. So if he's going to stuff the hole in his face, he's also going to stuff the hole in Sid's side. Now we turn it over to the boscoon or a reading from Vader's book about this fateful night in Sid's life and career.
Speaker 3: Now, before I place judgment on either Sid or arm on what has gone down in history as one of the scariest behind the scenes wrestling fights. Ever, you have to put all this together in terms of quote, where and tear. I have to I would puddle with that Leon. I kind of I don't don't have to do, I say, I kind of don't want to. For that matter, I kind of don't have to think of that as a mitigating factor. And stabbing someone nearly, I mean, if you mean like the fact that Sid was wearing scissors and it tore through his flesh. Sure there's wear and tear right before any sort of altercation between them happened on that one horrible European tour Listen, there have been more than one horrible European.
Speaker 8: Tourist bell, Yeah, especially with him on them. Yeah, the road was getting the best of all of us, The roads. Blame it on the road.
Speaker 3: You sure it wasn't a third bus full of booze.
Speaker 8: I'm just saying, yeah, it wasn't alcoholism that kind of prompted all drugs and alcohol that was getting the right of you. No, it's the road, because the road doesn't allow you to detox at it. If I was asked to go on the stand and testify today, I would have to put the blame entirely.
Speaker 3: On the company's fan wrestling podcast.
Speaker 1: He's fan Wrestling Podcast with Jack and Carnassio.
Speaker 8: WCW get indicted for this stabbing.
Speaker 3: That's what Vader would have done, all right. WCW beat the living hell out of us so bad it felt like they were trying to kill us. We had already been on the road for ten days straight with no breaks, so we were exhausted. To top it off, we finished a daytime shot in Florida, and oh, I see, and then had a hurry off to our next gig in England. So I'm like, Florida is not in Europe, pal But I see where he went with.
Speaker 8: That, and he finished off a whole lot of other shots on the plane.
Speaker 3: Because of your damn right. We showered quickly, got dressed, darted up off to the airport, turned up, turned in our rental, and got ready to board. Everyone was dressed up nice, you know, with nice clothing and leather coats on, because that's what WCW expected of us for international flights in case we were spotted by any fans along the way. Wouldn't wouldn't you want to be in your gear if you want to be spot on my fans.
Speaker 8: That's not exactly the most comfortable traveling I.
Speaker 3: Mean, but why suits and nice clothing and shit? Yeah?
Speaker 8: God forbid the fans see these guys as like, you know, human beings, human beings or like you know, low rent, low lifes, because that would be the truth.
Speaker 3: Like you know, like why don't you have like cut off sweats and shit like wou I imagine you guys wear around the house. This was no big deal, but it means we were also not in our most comfortable attire for travel. Yeah, but it's not like a moo mood. It's not comfortable for Vader. Yeah right, Well, I don't know.
Speaker 8: I mean, I kind of get what he's saying, because you know, like when I go to a wedding, like you know, I accept that I'm going to be uncomfortable. You know, I'm out of respect. I'm gonna be a little stuffy, a little you know, tired. It's not going to be sure what I would wear. And yeah, when I when I wear uncomfortable clothes, do I want to stab someone nearly to death?
Speaker 3: Do I go to do it? No, that's the question. Do you actually do it? Or is it just the thought?
Speaker 8: I think I understand why he says WCW is at fault here because they were making them wear a dress clothes on a road trip. And so you know, how are you going to how are you gonna a surprized when someone gets stabbed?
Speaker 3: I don't now let me ask you this though, were there any like I don't know WCW like suits that were enforcing this rule like someone is basically is someone taking photos of them every day and like faxing it back to Atlanta saying here just to make sure we know they got they had their their formal attire on during all travel.
Speaker 8: I would love to know what the leverages they have to enforce that like.
Speaker 3: And if I don't guess because to me, right because to me, once you cross the ocean, fuck you, I'm not wearing anything.
Speaker 8: That checks in the mail, and there's no way the contracts say if you don't wear slacks, well we can cut.
Speaker 3: Your right during travel. Right, if you don't wear slacks, a tucked in button down shirt and a and a and a you know, Armani blazer, then you will be docked one quarter your pay.
Speaker 8: And you know what's really funny about all this. I don't doubt what Vader saying that WCW did have this weird dress code and stuff. But I'll bet you, I bet I bet substantial money that on this tour they relaxed that rule and he's just folding in that grievance. To to England. If you saw them on that bus, he was. He was in a hoodie and sweat ryans.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, absolutely, like passed out with the fucking you know, with old school headphones around is you know, totally so nobody but it means'll come before boarding. They set us up and they set up in this lounge with a bunch of cocktails. We all got to drinking and getting a primer on for the flight. I don't know they were painting. That's nice, Yeah, I know, I know. That's really the problem with wrestlers. Is what when you take these big road trips that require long layovers and long delays there they can't help themselves. They're like teenagers. They're going to get ship faced. Well they're because they're they're they're children, and they're uh, you know, listen, I think, especially in this era, they're just there are a lot of addicts. Yeah, you know.
Speaker 8: And the only reasons didn't always happen is because the road trips were never quite long enough to get that bomb before you had to, you know, move on to the next leg of the journey, right right, We all.
Speaker 3: Got to drinking and getting a primer for the flight, adding alcohol to the mix. Guys were swapping pain pills and getting pretty messed up. We weren't even on the plane yet. And I remember one guy got up and put his headband on, then fell face first right into right back into his seat. Okay, this is how So he put a headband on and then fell face first right back into the seat. Okay, this is how bad things were getting. Once boarding time hit, we divvied up, this divvied out the seats. It was me two Cold Scorpio, the Nasty boys flared, Davy Boy steamboats, some agents, just a bunch of us. We the correct number of tickets in our envelope, but as usual w CW only had a couple of first class seats in the mix, so we couldn't all ride first class. This added to the bad formula for the trip for us big guys who had to sit in the tiny seats in the back. Fortunately for me, because of how I negotiated my contract and because I had one of the biggest butts on the tour, I was not sitting in coach, thank god. WW pretty much dominated the flight to London. That's a fucking choice phrase dominated the flight. That means, I mean, I imagine that if you were if you were looking forward to a nice, quiet flight to London, you were in Like, if you're think of this, you're Steve Martin in playing trains and ONNLOD bills. Just want to read this article that your friend wrote exactly, all right, and you've got about eighteen John candies. Wow, all right, that's what this was, That just right exactly?
Speaker 8: Can you imagine and I know he just said he didn't sit and coach, so but can you imagine sitting on a commercial airliner and coach and there's an empty seat next to you, and you see Vader coming for the seat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, or can you imagine that? Like, you know, you're like, please don't please not not here, No, no, no. Think of how big he is. Oh god, I mean he'd probably have to get a whole row for himself. Yeah, absolutely awful. We all we Oh yeah, actually a bunch of assholes, for sure. We fly all the way over there, got off the plane and got right into a bus to travel four more hours on one of the bumpiest roads the United Kingdom had to offer. Nobody got any sleep because of the time change. The sun had already come up and it was only afternoon there. Wait, the sun had already come up and it was only afternoon there. Yeah, what does the sun coming up have to do with anything?
Speaker 8: I think he's trying to say it's hard to fall asleep when the sun's up.
Speaker 3: Okay, but you could just say it's afternoon, like the days are gone. I could have. Yeah, I don't know, Like it's just weird. We did another daytime show. Yes, we just wrestled one and travel all that way without any sleep. Then we rushed out there to catch a bus for another eight hour trip to the next town. I was physically exhausted. I was bitching to everyone who would listen about all but all are running around we were doing saying now, wait a minute, a minute, it's just crazy. The bus ride was brutal. It was tight and uncomfortable and by no means could you sleep on such a vehicle? That's yeah.
Speaker 8: Look, if i'm you know, in charge of this crew, like give them the beer because I don't want to be there when they get sick of not being able to sleep at hour four, you know, at least give.
Speaker 3: The thing to do. Absolutely drunks, maybe some of those two. Yeah, the the The bus ride was brutal. It was tight and uncomfortable and by no means could you sleep on such a vehicle. The boys made the best of it. We had run out of food at some point. Oh I know what that is. Oh, and everyone just started drinking beer on an empty stomach. Yet another formula for disaster. We drove way up in the highlands or some damned place in the middle. Wait, did you drive way up to the highlands or did you find someplace in the middle.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that that's what happens when wrestlers get all prideful about geography and knowing geography, but they actually don't know anything. They don't remember any of the details. Oh yeah, there's the Highlands that that hip flies when you're telling people back home. But right do you put it in print, you realize you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.
Speaker 3: I'm what was probably the second bumbiest road in all of England. I mean to look back at it now, all I can say is wow, I couldn't have done this today. Somewhere along the ride. I would just have had a heart attack and died. Yeah, it was just too much to ask of us. And it's no wonder sitting an arm were easily at arms.
Speaker 8: I think he means at odds, but maybe I don't think so at.
Speaker 3: Arms, like you know, they're not. I mean, yeah, I don't even know where the hell they took me, But we ended up in front of a nice hotel we finish up, which finished the trip frazzled and worn, then finally headed to our hotel. It was getting late and everybody wanted to just rush up to their rooms and crash. However, we were all starving with nothing but beer in our bellies. One of the boys, I don't remember who it was, insisted they opened the bar up for us so we could get some food.
Speaker 8: He would later say it with Steve Austin that that wouldn't do that.
Speaker 3: Oh really yeah.
Speaker 8: He told Hannibal in the shooting interview time that what actually happened was he walked in and saw that somehow, even though the bar was supposed to be closed, that Steve Austin had gotten dope in the bar and was basically sitting there by himself.
Speaker 21: Oh yeah, God, damn, Well, throw a back, a couple of cold ones, you don't mind. We've just been on the road about fifteen hours, coming from Florida all the way up to down here to the Highlands. Just gonna throw a few back before we go up stations and go to bed.
Speaker 8: To give the man what he wants. Nigeln't give the man what he wants.
Speaker 6: Uh, oh shit, We'll just give ones.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 8: We haven't spent enough time thinking about the staff in this hotel, have we?
Speaker 3: I know we have not.
Speaker 8: We have not addressed what they're thinking and saying. Uh, Chris, Chris, is it is?
Speaker 9: It?
Speaker 11: Truely?
Speaker 3: Got a bunch of wrestlers coming in tonight and they're all, uh, you know, they're all. They're all. I don't even know, they're all a bunch of blokes, just you know, just they look they look very hungry.
Speaker 8: Now these like Olympic wrestlers. Are these like the television wrestlers?
Speaker 3: Though?
Speaker 22: No, No, it's all the fake stuff like Big Daddy, Yeah, and uh the you know the h it's like pat roach for that matter, and I from uh, I'll feed the saint pitt.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 22: It's pat roach that kind of wrestling.
Speaker 3: Now, ye, big fan, So I'm taking on John Haystacks walking back in the day.
Speaker 8: But in fact, there were several roaches on that damn bus. I'd just ta't give me a cold beer, son, Why don't.
Speaker 21: You give me a couple of a couple of cold ones. I can throw him back around now before I have to bed hit that hit.
Speaker 6: Hit?
Speaker 3: What hit that? What hit that single six? What hit that single six pot four mattress that you got up here?
Speaker 8: And key detail, critical detail. Unlike all other Austin imitations, he's got the stunning Steve haircut.
Speaker 3: That's right, dies. Oh and you know, and you know, after after fucking traveling this long you know, like there are just there are some of these hairs that are just totally totally out of place. Yeah. Yeah, the back of it has gone rogue. Yes, yes, yeah, he's got like it's like he's got almost like a like a like a fan of hair, you know.
Speaker 8: Yeah, like the part is still there. But when it comes to that, the.
Speaker 3: Part's permanent, you know, because of the way it's cut. That part is permanent, because he's got the the one inch side and then he's got the longer side. The weirdest sucking air cut of all time. Uh, it was another night, but we didn't give a shit, right, I can only imagine the manager was pissed us already. Uh shit, Well all right, man, I suppose you can im Do we have any of those? Do you have any meat pies? I think we've got someone in the freezer, you know that. You know, we can just put those in the microwave for something and just give them meat pies.
Speaker 8: There were fifty steak and ale pies waiting for the rest of There we go, There we.
Speaker 3: Go and h blood sausage pies and whatever else, kidney pies, whole fucking thing. Salisbury Maryland steak. Oh yes, we all would just you know, just the most wonderful processed crust you could possibly imagine. We all sat down on the tables. I burned a pretty nice looking bar and ordered some food. We were all anxious, and one of the food surface fast as they could. The boys were beat. You could see it on their faces. Man, this trip really sucks so far. Two cult scorpios said, I'll think of that, I said. The boys kicked in a full fledged bitch session about the about the company that eventually turned into how they were getting screwed with money. Being screwed without money really is what it is, right, Yeah?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 3: A bunch of wrestlers think they're getting screwed on a pay day. I don't leave it. They started comparing notes talking about paydays. About that time, SID said something like, you know, one of my one of the problems is she got an old man named Rick Flair who needs to get the hell out of the way. The room got silent. Yeah, is it nothing in there?
Speaker 8: You notice about Sid saying you know you got guaranteed money, Rick?
Speaker 6: I mean yeah?
Speaker 15: Uh.
Speaker 3: He said something that most of us were thinking. It wasn't that he what he said was shocking.
Speaker 6: It was who.
Speaker 3: He said it in front of Sid continued, you all know what. Rick Flair is the one that has taken all our money, and that's why we're bitching right now. He really needs to step aside unless some of us get some Everybody looked across the table. That is something you don't say. In front of Rick Flair's longtime partner and Four Horsemen stablemate Arn Anderson, Arn stood up and started arguing with Sid. It got so heated that Arn through a beer in his face. They went at each other. But before anything could really happen, when anything really could happen, there was a big pull apart. A hotel manager came over and demanded that we all go to ORMs. Get your fucking rooms right now. Wade barrats the hotel manager, I've got some bad news for you. You got your fucking rooms before I sicked my mother on all of you, right Some of us hadn't even found our rooms yet, and we were waiting for food with our luggage. We all just said forget this and headed out there and headed out of there. While still looking from my room, I saw Scorpio come around the corner.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 3: I really want to grab somebod to eat. Oh it does, man, I really want to grab somebody eat. I said, Shit, I'm just gonna have to. I'm just gonna have some hash in my room. Shit, big hash. The thing is Scorpio wasn't talking about food. I'm out out of my man either. Scorpio admits this in interviews today. He doesn't give a shit. That's right. We heard it earlier. I was smoking that big fucking hash. He said, that's right, big fucking hand. What a detail would lose? That's that big.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 3: It's like, you can smoke hash or you can smoke big fucking hash. Amazing, and you're telling which one's more satisfying. I laughed. I wandered around a bit looking for my room. Later on I found out that Sit and Arn got into it again. On the way to their rooms. There were only about four or five doors away from each other, and as they started to bring their stuff in, they saw each other. Sid says. At this point, Arn broke a beerd bottle and threatened to cut Sid with that right there in the hallway. On my way to my room, I wandered back into the bar. I don't get back here. A fuck's sake, woll not. It had been pretty much filtered out after the beer throwing incident, and where we and where we had completely taken it over at one point. Now it was just a nice big bar with nobody in it. Nobody that is except one person, Yes, Sonning Steve.
Speaker 21: Take hey, Steve Hall me on, don't don't make don't don't't even make it my room yet. Don't even make it in my room yet. I hey, there, don't blame you all was running around.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't blame you all was running around. You're gonna you'll pull up have a coal when I'm buying. It's in the book.
Speaker 7: You just said it.
Speaker 3: You just said what he really said. It not to be one to turn down free beer, I replied.
Speaker 21: Man, maybe I'll drop on my bags off my room and I'll take you about it.
Speaker 3: I'll be here, yes, he said, nursing a bottle. He was just having a few beers to unwind, you know, after the long ride of torture. So I brought my bag up to my room and quickly changed into some night clothes. Now I was beat after walking around the hotel. I don't blame him.
Speaker 8: Yeah, no shit, you know he needed a few beers to unwide from the long bus trip that had beer on board.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly that. He's already drinking beer. You know. I think I laid down for a minute and probably passed out. I'm not sure how long I was asleep, but it probably didn't last long. Maybe I figured beer was waiting for me with a few drinks and that would help me sleep better. Next thing I know, I snapped to it and Steve and I are sitting there at the bar alone having a beer. I don't even remember leaving the room. We're walking back to the bar. I was just in a daze from sleep deprivation, but somehow made it to the stool with Steve for a nightcap to end the mother of all road trips. Sure you didn't take a pill? Are you sure you didn't just fall sleep with the bar leon Now the way Steve tells the story, I wandered down the hall in nothing but my underwear, no shirt, no shoes, no shorts, no problem. He claims. He looked over at me as I sat down and couldn't believe his eyes.
Speaker 21: Steve says, no, there were there four star hotel in England and out of nowhere comes a four and twenty pound man and nothing but his nothing but his.
Speaker 3: Tied of whities. Yep, he says. He looked me over for only a few seconds and hmm, and then he shrugged it off. Hey man, what's going on? Unbelievable. Only wrestlers say, oh no, I couldn't see. I want a beer. The thing is Steve was out of it. Not only do you have to endure the same exact trip that I had, but he already had a few beers and him on top of that, his judgment had to be off on the whole underwear thing. I may have been a little punch drunk from jet lag, but I was not walking around the hotel in the middle of the night in some sweet fruit of the loom. Seriously, they were white shorts. Oh so we're still topless and no shoes, just wearing fucking you know, like white sorts or box of briefs. Yeah, don't don't say, don't say I had underwear on. Yeah, right, exactly what I was wearing bike shorts, for fock's sake, Really tight white bike shorts. That's all we need from fucking Voder. They were white shorts, you know, like those trunks should go to the gym with right. You know, you don't really think that for one second that big Van Vader would go parading around a public place in a big city nothing but his skivvies, do you? Or maybe I was? It's a long flight. Either way, Steve and I just sat there talking and started drinking more beer, like it's nobody's business. We started by talking about the burn deal. We started talking about the burn deal WSW gave us on this tour. Then we talked a little bit about some matches, and all of a sudden, all hell broke loose. Yes, there was banging, hanging and banging. Dude broller right concerning there was a loud crash. There was a glass breaking well with Steve Austin, I imagine so coming from my background in Compton, I thought there was some kind of robbery going on. Neither one of us could really see what had happened both, but we both jumped off the stools and headed for the noise. It wasn't clear exactly where the sound was coming from, but one thing was for certain. Somebody was in a violent fight and it was still going on. I walked further in that direction, and the next thing I know, man Sid comes walking right up next to me. Sid.
Speaker 6: What the hell that knows?
Speaker 3: Sid didn't say anything. That memory serves me well. I didn't realize that he was hurt until I looked down, either just to the left of his belly button or just to the right. Sid had a dark, nasty hole in him. Wow, the size of a penny, and a black trickle started to pull spill out under the floor. He wasn't doing the Frankenstein walk and couldn't He was doing the Frankenstein walk and couldn't hear me. I shook him and looked him in the looked him in the eye, Sid. Sid look at me. I was grabbing him. I was grabbing both his shoulders. What happened? He stopped moving around and tried to focus on me. He swallowed hard and found difficulty in talking at first. Then he focused it and said and just said Leon. Sid lifted his palms and looked down at his stomach. He put his hand on it again and immediately turned red. Sid tried to pull away from me, but I held him there Sid. Since they still I looked at the hole and it was getting worse. A nickel sized stream of dark, gooey blood squirted out every time his heart pumped, Oh God, and dump under the floor. It launched out of his body about four inches before it fell down. It wasn't trickling down his stomach. It was projectile squirting outwards. Wow. Sid's mouth opened, but there were no words. More syrup like blood spurted out about two to three inches and dropped again to the splatter pile collecting on the floor. He was not gonna last long like this. He'll bleed to death. Sid, trust me, I said. I grabbed one of the chairs off the floor and pulled it up to Maybe it's the one that was twenty feet away.
Speaker 8: As they broke off the leg and threw it down the hallway.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and pulled it up to Sid's paling body. I got eye level with the deep laceration and sat down. I said, Sid, you gonna trust me? Okay, don't move. Are you're gonna die? Sid looked like a like you saw ghost. He didn't speak, but watched me measure each of my fingertips up to the open spout on his stomach. Once I realized that I needed my thickest finger to do the job, I stuck out my thumb like little like little Jack Horner, you're a fucking idiot, stupid fucking analogy, you know, like you couldn't think of it, Like you don't even need to.
Speaker 8: Fucking he's saving a man's life. Listen, I'm with you, but don't compare yourself to the little Jack like. You don't need to do that at this point. Just save his fucking life.
Speaker 3: Compare yourself the tim Horner. Maybe, Yeah, there you go, and pushed. It was more like the legend of Hans Brinka. You know the story of the little Dutch boy who saves his country from a flood by sticking his finger in a leaking dike. Ex I thought you stuck your finger and sid The boy stays there all night in spite of the cold, until the adults of the village find him and make the necessary repairs. In the end, he was a hero and save the village from a broken dam I'll see, Vata wants me be the hero of the broken damn save broken goddamn. Yeah, damn. He's standing there saying, damn, what the hell you doing? Yeah, God, damn, vadd what are you doing over there? Said squirting on the gammick yeah, yeah, sid digged over there, hell said, I never had you for a squirt or sign squ.
Speaker 21: Said, I don't know you're poort hot over here? The hell's going on? God, damn Vador, What are you sticking this som in there for?
Speaker 8: Can we take a moment to reconsider the hotel staff? Okay, the wrestlers come in, Yes, crack of dawn. Convince them to force them to open the bar.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 8: One wrestler, the biggest, nastiest, smelliest guy you've ever seen in your life, comes out with nothing but brief brief song essentially, or boxers on and sit to the bar and complete violent.
Speaker 3: Imagine Okay again just just picture him. But you're lean, white, stumbling in a daze with nothing but box your brief song.
Speaker 8: No problem in a swanky hotel bar after you know, a nine hour road trip. They see that the hall already, the inconvenience already, the breach of protocol already, and they finally makes peace with it somehow. And then here comes another wrestler, and he has shattered two glass doors.
Speaker 3: On the way down.
Speaker 8: According to too gold Scorpio, he is walking like a zombie and he is squirting projectile blood out of his side a mile away, and the wrestler without a shirt on is tackling him to the floor and sticking his thumb in the hole. And this is my night at work, Neville.
Speaker 3: See what they couldn't do? Nover? There is some man sticking the thumb in a man's body.
Speaker 14: Is he.
Speaker 3: Is he hurt?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 3: I think the gent is hurt. I thought, you know, I don't mean to be insensitive at this time, but I thought all the ship was fiting.
Speaker 8: Oh that's a hell. We need we need some help. My friend here is really in dire straits. He's bleeding all over the place. Wait, the tricks of the trades we were quite familiar.
Speaker 3: And we do you mean you mean quote unquote really he's putting that end quotes are he's bleeding again? More ketch up? Maybe? Yeah? The blood package. Keeping your trunks? What you do you keep me in your trunks when you travel? That's pretty good. That's pretty good. It's it's probably a smart move. You never know when you get to kind of, you know, convince the fans, you know your base worked at this hotel. Okay, it's pretty good, it's pretty good. It's pretty pretty convincing. Take a look at this. Is that a real chair that you guys bring? Something a proper wrong with you off? You know, one time I was over at the you know, I flew over and took a trip to the States. I saw I saw a wrestling match. I saw the whole thing. You know, you guys, you know you hit yourselves with the chairs, and you know you do the moves and you're talk each other over the top ropes and ship like that. I get it, you know, I see it. I don't believe it, you know, just you know, I don't. I don't buy it one bit. I can see where it's fake.
Speaker 8: Never Yeah, fancy that they even find a way to make it smell like iron smell smell.
Speaker 3: The blood, I think, you know that's what. It's crazy, that's very you got you guys met you guys melt like copper or something like that, and you put it inside the blood capsules that you do because like homemade. But that's fantastic. You're not going to help my friend, are you? What it's like? What understand?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 3: What do you want to help? Someone I know doesn't need helping because he's just faking. You got your own Jack Horner here. That would be you know, look at that, look at you know, it's it's like I can see it. I can see he's folded his thumb over. He's not taking his thumb in there. I've seen magic tricks. I've seen David Copperfield. Listen that I'm more about the illusion, all right, listen't he listen. I'll tell you what. Honestly, the secret safe with me, right, I won't tell you tell this story. I'll tell you hey, you know what. Oh yeah, these these these blokes over here, they fucking fought, you know, big deal. You know, talk about how crazy or not it was, and I won't tell anyone that you know, it was all. It was all put on, you know.
Speaker 8: Fast forward eight hours after the shift, Nigel arrives back at the flat. It was an overnight, so it's like eight am, and he makes it accustomed to keep you know, household harmony, to have you know, maybe a twenty thirty minute conversation with his wife in the kitchen after she's brought the kids to school about how his day was. Before he sleeps, you know, for the you know, for the morning, to prepare for the next shift, and she's washing she's washing dishes. She says, Neville, how was your day? What happened today?
Speaker 3: Bybe I gotta tell you something. I'll tell you something that was just totally totally bunkers. Yeah, I'm just you know, just you know, usually overnight shift, you know, it's kind of peaceful. She's pretty quiet. You know, nobody, he know, nobody really crazy walks in. But all of a sudden, you know, here we are, and all of a sudden, this this bus pulls up right, his buss pull up was it's always fucking wrestless.
Speaker 8: And I don't know, I don't exaggerate what I say. It looked like an unload and unloading of a clown car. At the ceremony, It's like it's like a it's like a fucking circus. Here comes hulking masses, all shapes, sizes, all colors and creeds, and they're coming straight for us, and they demand food and they demand drink.
Speaker 3: Babe, you've never seen men with heads this big. They're gigantic. It's fucking crazy. And they come in and they're fucking hungry. They're already drunk, but they want more drink. They want the bar open, you know, they want the bar open, and you know, here we are, like, you know, we cleaned up already. There you kind of put it so, you know, I talked to you know, I talked to Nigel and he said, you know, just just give them some fucking you know, give them some of the meat pies. I sid, all right, you know, get them throwsy, you know, the easiest things to do to throw them some meat pies. And all of a sudden we throw them in in the oven. You know, it takes in the micro away. And also we come out there and it's like they're fucking throwing beer at each other. I was like, what the fuck is this? You know, I'm like, they're putting on a show for us. Thought there's nobody. Yeah, there's nobody in the fucking hotel. So was it part of It's like, it's this part of the act.
Speaker 21: Yeah, they're gonna put it on for everybody because you know, you know, when they're on TV, they got it.
Speaker 3: They're like, oh, yeah, I hate you, I hate you.
Speaker 8: But my grandfather used to watch the grandfather just watched a bit. Remember Daddy was number A.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you got big Daddy and you got the you know, I mean you've seen you've seen pat roach bomba yeah, you know. And then all of a sudden, you know that all right, that they do their thing and they go to their rooms and I'm thinking, all right, I'm just gonna, you know, close up shop, if you will, And all of a sudden, they put on another show.
Speaker 9: I was like, what the fuck is this?
Speaker 3: They put on another show for all of us.
Speaker 7: It was.
Speaker 3: It was absolutely insane. It was so fucking wild.
Speaker 8: They went to the trouble of calling the fuzz and having them come to the hotel and actually they arrest some of these people. It was the most realistic thing you've ever seen.
Speaker 3: Jane. Let me tell you. I want to tell you something, right, they actually put in They told me this. They melt pennies, American pennies. They melt American pennies, and they put in their blood caplets so it smells like iron. That's now, I'll tell you what, you know what, that's commitment. I've seen a lot of commitment in a lot of different places, but that was fucking commitment. I mean, it was chaos and it was a lot of stress. But at the end of the day, I do have to respect their trade craft, you know, I said, you know, I want to tell them. I said, yeah, look, I get it. I get it. I get it absolutely, you know, I've seen it all. I get it. It's fake. Fan, It's fine, I don't I said, you know what you seeker safe with me? Did you say there was a man without a shirt on and all this? Oh, let me tell you that was the best part. It was the best part. All right. So here we are right see, we're just you know, just mine my own business, mine of my own business. It's wander around, you know, totting up whenever I had to all of a sudden, this man must be like, what maybe seven feet tall? All right, seven feet tall, must weigh at least six hundred six hundred stone. Well, yeah, that would actually be accurate. Must weigh he must weigh at least six hundred stone, which is gonna be like what like fucking eight thousand pounds? All right, he's bulging, he's got this red hair, he's got this he's got a double mohawks. He's got he's got this double mohawk, all right, one on each the corner of his head. He's an ugly motherfucker. Have you ever seen one? Just one of the most ugliest men I've ever seen in my life. So he comes in and he's he's drunk, He's fucking drunk, and he's like, he's just a complete mess, and he's headed for the party and he's wearing nothing but it's skivvyes.
Speaker 12: What the fuck?
Speaker 3: This was one of the most craziest nights of my life. I don't even know that heads off school went fine. That's great, that's great.
Speaker 8: I think you've had a quite quite eventful night there.
Speaker 3: Usually I make we'll get a couple of winks in when i'm you know, just because it's you know, overnight shift. You know, not much happens, and so I usually get a couple of winks in before you're during the middle of the shift. But this time, I'll tell you with these, with these, with these fucking.
Speaker 8: Winkers, sounds stress sounds stressful. Hand, but at least at least one thing, at least we can hold on to one thing, you know what that is?
Speaker 3: What's that? It's all fake?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I will say, you know, the one. The one good thing is we got a couple of shows out of it, you know, a couple of free shows. So and I don't need to go see that fake shit anymore.
Speaker 3: And that's for a while.
Speaker 8: Sid and Vader and the rest cost WCW two customers in the United Kingdom on that night. That was the real tragedy. For all the work they put in.
Speaker 3: Eh, there's some funny shit. They yeah, that's right, Sorry, Leona, we interrupted you. Yeah, uh o, condamn. The only difference in the case was this hole was a little more gross and a lot more red. I slowly eased my thumb into that hole. God don't google this. Yeah, blood oozed out down my wrist and I paid it no mind. I pushed my I pushed my digit higher up in that gaping slit.
Speaker 8: Jesus, calm down, dude, I'm trying to make yourself calm.
Speaker 3: Writing this sounds he just gotta being. When he put his cock in the hole, look, my mind went there. I mean said, say, I'm putting my fucking cock in your hole. And then, as if that wasn't outrageous enough, he takes out his wing man. Look, the big elephant man, the big beastie one with the with the skivvies. He fucking takes his pants down, all right, and he acts like he's putting his cock in a fucking hole in the fucking wound, the fake wound. He's sticking his cock on this man's flesh. Listen again, I'll tell you what right now, the commitment is bonkers, absolutely bonkers, just fucking crazy. And you know, I'll tell you what. You know, he's exhausting, He's absolutely exhausting. I had to get a fucking sandwich in my way home, Eh, just fucking crazy. Got myself a cheese sandwich.
Speaker 8: That's the craziest part of this whole thing is I got a sandwich on the way home. That's how gotten too. I was why all this.
Speaker 3: Because you know I don't like to eat, you know, before I go to bed in the morning, so you know when I worked to not shift, but I couldn't help myself. I was so worked up. I'd to go and I got myself a cheese on white bread. That's fucking delicious.
Speaker 8: Oh shit, Uh, blood oozed out down my wrist and I paid it no mind. I pushed my dish higher up into his gaping, hurting me. He said, with his knees beginning to buckle under him. You gotta take it, said, you gotta take it now.
Speaker 3: On I wriggled it around, and why are you making it worse, dude, Yeah, it move it around a little bit, like just stick it in and stop moving.
Speaker 9: Hand.
Speaker 3: He's got it. I wriggled it around and and one real thick glob hung off of my wrist like a roasted I know, I know, I remember this part, Oh my god, like a roasted red pepper. I finally got in there a little bit more and the hole conformed around my knuckle.
Speaker 8: And then I found a fucking uh Publano pepper, and then I found a clove of garlic.
Speaker 3: All of a sudden, there were there were peppers all over the floor.
Speaker 8: Because I was eating with my other hand, because I had a back of peppers on my right.
Speaker 3: I always give a back of peppers by my side.
Speaker 8: The damnedest thing I ever saw, you know how, I said, Leon at one point got a little hungry order to Casadia. I shit you not, son, he's got one hand in Sid's fucking, you know, uh bottomless pit hole on the side of his body.
Speaker 3: Other hand eating the case.
Speaker 21: Of goddamn, he's gonna, you know, he's he's gonna gonna stump up on Sid's hole on one side all the shot. He's got a bag full of catching dish, and I said, damn song, whatere'd you get the goddamn ketch.
Speaker 8: I'm worried about eating, and I'm looking at this thing. I'm sizing it up, and I'm thinking, I can't get more absurd than this. This is the tableau of the century. And then I look down. I realized, No, there's one more absurdity to it. Not only does he have his finger in sids hole, not only does he have a case of d in his other hand.
Speaker 3: He's hard. Well, that's the damn damn thing about it.
Speaker 21: All of a sudden, looked down and he's gonnas fucking cock, hard as a rock, poking through his damn kivvyes.
Speaker 3: I assure you it was the case of DIA. They got him hard and not the other thing. Absolutely it was. Looking listen, sticking his finger into a wet hole is not something that gets Leon White excited. I mean, that's something, but you but you get melted cheese on a tortilla. And now we're talking business. Oh my god, I mean, I'll just come out hard right now. Instead of calling for help for Sid, he's calling for help for the fact that because both of his hands are occupied, he can't hide his raging erection. And it's like someone to.
Speaker 20: Talk me down, someone to talk about cockdown. I got my finger in sin, I got my handle and kissing deal. I need help putting my cock down.
Speaker 8: Just lifted up, rested against my stomach and then put my waistband right under the head. He's seven touch leon. I mean, Jesus Christ, this thing is like forty feet in circumference.
Speaker 3: Fucking such a nightmare. And I was the first.
Speaker 8: I took that from Tropic Thunder when he's shooting out of the roof of the jeep. He loves shooting so much that I think it's Ben Steeller looks at his crusches.
Speaker 3: Are you hard? Awesome? There's nothing funnier than an erection in a situation like that. Yeah, yeah, when something completely irregular right causes a fucking boner.
Speaker 8: So thank god Vader was there. I think is the long and short of it.
Speaker 15: Uh.
Speaker 3: I wriggled around and got it. I finally got in there a little bit more. No, it slowed the bleeding enough and we waited. Steve Austin came up to the scene. It must have looked like the darnest thing, with me staring at my penetrated thumb in Sid's gut and blood trickling out all over the place. He turned his.
Speaker 21: He turned his head away from the horror. Gag, goddamn, goddamn. So, what the hell's going on here? Oh, I'll go get help. I waited there for what seemed like an eternity. Neither of us talked.
Speaker 3: I could feel the warm, wet goo rolling off my wrist and it was the worst thing. Hand.
Speaker 20: God damn said, you got to go on my Casindea, No, it's the cheese. You're right still looking at chee. I got melted cheese on my kids, It on my hand.
Speaker 8: Goddamn you said, I got melt the cheese on my case of dia. He almost said that in that moment, Steve, I got melt the cheese on my case of.
Speaker 20: Melted cheese about Cassa, fuk am I going to.
Speaker 3: Do anything else relevant you want to tell me?
Speaker 14: In this.
Speaker 3: I remember looking down and seeing some of the thick like syrup droplets on the floor. Finally we heard some commotion of people rushing down the hall. I'm happy to say that my thumb kept him alive until the ambulance came. W CW should have taken some of the blame here, he goes, I get it for driving us batshit crazy like they did with the schedule, but of course they didn't. The next day I got some more of the story. Sitting on Anderson got into a major fight after we left the dining hall. I thought it was a bar. The fight was initially broken up by some of the ww wrestlers, but the fight started up again and around the time that Steve and I were having a drink at the bar. The second time around, someone ended up with a pair of scissors. The result was arn Anderson ended up with twenty or so superficial lacerations, while Sid took some very deep puncture shots to his body. Both men spent the night in the hospital and were deported the next day as the UK wanted nothing more to do with our fucked up American wrestling bullshit.
Speaker 8: He said it, said it, honey, they said, you know, they said that one of them was stabbed twenty times.
Speaker 6: Something.
Speaker 8: They were superficial wounds at best. You're not going to kidney as to whether this was a real attack.
Speaker 3: I don't know, you said, tell me something. I'm aware that there were some of those American carnival workers that were doing some of those fixed matches and up up north. Is that what I heard? Yes, yes, well all right, I don't believe that we can support such a buffoonery, I mean more here in the United Kingdom. I believe therefore they must be deported immediately, and they must be you know, whatever money they were going to make, which obviously was illegally obtained, they must you know, give it to us as a fine.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's a key detail, Vader, missus there. They were not deported for the fight. They were deported for consumer fraud.
Speaker 3: And we must tell the Americans we don't allow fraudulents in the United Kingdom.
Speaker 8: Next morning, Precinct, the the fuzz whatever they call themselves, the net wond Hi, I'm calling. I'm calling from a newspaper New York.
Speaker 6: Hey.
Speaker 3: Hey if Britain. Hey, Look, I'm I've worked for I worked Look, I worked for a major major American publication. Ah, so let me tell you, let me ask you something. You guys holding a bunch of fucking fake wrestlers. They were deported last night. If that's what you're referring to can you tell me exactly? You know, I'm listening. I'm I'm doing a story on them. You know, there are a bunch of us working on this particular story about really we want to expose the me that means the media relations line just a moment. This is media relations on it like we can't just talk to you know, one person. You get the fucking scoop. I don't get it. I don't get it. It's fucking England. It's why you know what this is why we hello? Media relation? Yesh? Yeah, Hi, I am. I am a newsletter for a major news publication in the in the United States.
Speaker 8: What is the publication? What what is the name of the publication?
Speaker 3: Uh? The City Light? Okay, the city Well, I worked for the I worked for the the Binghamton Independent Gazette.
Speaker 8: Oh I thought it was the City Tell Peter follow I said, Hi, please go ahead.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sure, sure, sure, So listen. What I want to know is, can you give me any information? You know, we understand that a couple that a group of Americans was was supported. Yes, yes, last night and can you listen. I just I was wondering if you wouldn't mind going on the.
Speaker 8: Record for to let us know exactly and in terms of what the last night we did respond to a hotel in Blackmon. I believe it was where we had received reports of a of a violent altercation and and and the lobby involving two wrestlers from what I believe was the the w c W organization and when officers arrived.
Speaker 3: So do you know what the you know what this w W thing is? Are you aware of what this is? But how do you mean do you know what this is? Not? American Company w what they what they do? What they are?
Speaker 12: They do?
Speaker 8: The theatrical wrestling there the we used to call it World of Sport.
Speaker 3: Here we call it world of nothing because he doesn't exist. It's a fake thing. It's bullshit.
Speaker 8: What he goes after the cop. This guy couldn't be any less responsible for this.
Speaker 3: So can you can you can you repeat after me that what you what they were doing was fake.
Speaker 8: I'd be glad to do that, sir. Are you gonna quote say it?
Speaker 3: Say? Yeah, I'm gonna quote you what they do is fake? Yes, it is. I'm glad. I'm glad you want to put that in the story.
Speaker 6: I don't want to.
Speaker 3: Think me Listen to me. Listen to me. Listen. If you thought it was real, I'd be fucking flying over there right now and beating the ship out of you with my bare hands. Yes I would. I would because you know why, because everybody who fucking buys this ship and watches this ship needs to be fucking beaten up what you're doing from a consumer fraud point. Listen, all right, so you gotta tell me something. You gotta tell me why were they deported?
Speaker 8: They were deported for committing incredible huh, almost inconsortably violent acts on you case.
Speaker 3: No, no, see, this is what happens. This is what happens. Even the fucking idiot British police have been fooled and fucking bamboozled by these motherfucker That's what happens, sir. I'm I'm telling you exactly that nothing about it was real. What you saw, the figments of your imagination, they weren't men, they were illusions. That's how fake this ship is. That's how deep it goes.
Speaker 7: You.
Speaker 3: You, good police officer, you have been fucking hoodwinked. You have you've had listen, you don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 8: He calls this guy for information, and he's barely said a word and he's already been accused of not knowing what he's talking about. Well, sir, with all due respect, if you know what happens, then.
Speaker 3: You shut the fuck up and you understand something here. What you need to do is execute them.
Speaker 21: You need to go around and find every one of these fucking carnival bitches, and you need to fucking put them up on a fucking wall and have them a fucking firing squad eliminate them. That's the only way you can save the fucking United Kingdom from complete fall.
Speaker 8: Well, they did say, a couple of them. I did overhear them saying they were shooting each other.
Speaker 3: I don't quite know exactly. You need to shoot them first look, And I know there's a whole fucking industry out there over there with these fucking these fucking uh you know, theatrical bitches. Something I have it tells very healthy crowds here. Yeah.
Speaker 8: No, No, there's the thing. They're not healthy mentally speaking. They're unhealthy. They've been brainwashed and they're thinking what they're seeing is both real and or entertaining.
Speaker 3: How is it? How is it healthy to be to think that you're being entertained when you're actually not being entertained. Huh. I don't have a response to that, right, nobody should, because nobody should ever be entertained by someone that's not entertaining, and these guys are not entertaining. So what would you like me to do? Exactly? Gin? Can? I Can I do anything else? I said what I want you to do. I want you to find all these fucking fake athletes and dispose of them permanent.
Speaker 8: I thought you're representing a news organization calling finn.
Speaker 3: I am not presenting a news organization, and I'm gonna write the story about it, but I need you to do your part and take care of the people of England and then I'll write about it. How are you fucking save lives?
Speaker 8: Look, you have all the basis union to move in on these fucks. They came to your country and they created chaos. They spilled blood all over one of your finest hotels. They showed no regard for local customs, They walk around without shirts on.
Speaker 3: What more do you need?
Speaker 8: I mean, they are a disgrace to the public. It should be disgrace to you, and I want you to know that with my last breath on earth. Finish the sentence, and I'm gonna tell you something. If it takes me until I breathe my last breath, it is I'm going to destroy every single one of these motherfuckers. And then I'm going to destroy you because you've been no help whatsoever. Fuck you, and fuck the United Kingdom. Click marsh neck, get in here, we gotta talk.
Speaker 6: Ah.
Speaker 3: Are you done with the baby from New York Post?
Speaker 8: He's He's not a sixteen minutes producer? Is that the end of the Vader excerpt?
Speaker 6: Umm?
Speaker 8: No, okay, yeah, we still haven't gotten to the part if you can believe it, where sid owes him his life.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, uh well Sid took some very different both mens for the night in the hospital and we're deported the next day. Says the UK wanted nothing more to do with our fuck up be American bullshit. They canceled a bunch of the dates from the tour. Some might have thought that we as a whole would have been reprimanded for all the drinking, but that wasn't the case. Actually, this is one of the few times I was singled out by the administration and praise hey, good job, Leon, Hey I don't try to say good job, Leon. You kept your cool and you saved a man's life. Finally, I wasn't the bad guy. No matter who was right or wrong, Neither Sid nor On have thanked me. Yet you would have thought that at some point On would have come up to me and said, hey, man, I can't do arn his voice. No, I want to thank you for sticking to your thumb. And Sid, if I hadn't, Arn would have been in a heck of a lot more trouble than he was. He could have been up for murder charges had Sid died.
Speaker 2: He's a wrestling podcast.
Speaker 1: He's a lapsed fan wrestling podcast with Jack and Carno and JP Sorowe.
Speaker 3: He's walking on waffles.
Speaker 8: All right, Absolutely, that's story. So Sid, what do you say? He was once dasked about this by Hannibal, and you know this is your chance. You know, Vader says you never thanked him for saving your ass, saving your life, and saving arm from going to jail and all the rest, and this being ten times worse than it was.
Speaker 3: Oh, can I guess that Sid actually put his own thumb in his wound? Well something like that, and we.
Speaker 23: Will ask you about to go into that incident more in our video interview with you, because we actually interviewed Vader not too long ago and he told us about a ten minute version of the story.
Speaker 16: So this is the thing is that I'm not going to go into it right now. Either nobody knows a ten minute version because he didn't fucking take ten minutes. Yeah, it took just a couple of minutes. And Vader's little fucking fat crowd baby ass was in the in the lobby, you know, he wouldn't even where where the scuffle wash. And I don't know what the story was, but I've heard a few people's of the stories and they're not even close the one person I think the stories what I've heard from people sayings got a close story to it. With the scorpio, I think he was actually looking out the door, but you know he wasn't. He was just looking at the door if he felt safe or you know, thought he should have stepped in and done something. You know he did, you know, he was just watching it. Now, So that's the only person I know had that close to a view of it. And I guarantee if you asked him too, it wasn't it didn't take ten minutes down.
Speaker 23: You know, we did lobby about it, and he only told us. He didn't go into the details about it. He only went into about a two minute version and just basically said what you said he saw.
Speaker 16: Yeah, that's what it was. It happened so fast, you know. And again we'll tip our hand into order to get into it right now, but they really did. It was knocking the door. The guy came out attacking me. I hated one time he went down, the scissors got in my hand, and then that's the rest of the story.
Speaker 8: Great, so not so much thanks for saving my life, but more you're a fat, cry baby piece.
Speaker 3: Of shit, Vader. I don't see any problem with that.
Speaker 8: Unbelievable and we got more than he bargained for out of that clip. Not only did we get said responding to Vader's version of events. Now, apparently two Cold Scorpio was never even involved in the fracas as he framed at the top of this episode. According to CID, he was just watching. He didn't get physically involved and trying to stop at or break it up, so he wasn't hands on in the matter at all. At least we can set Scorpio to the side. Wait a minute, he should know a bit more than he let on about an incident like this. June twenty fifth, twenty twenty four, ex wrestler Too Cold Scorpio stabbed man needed staples stitches TMZ dot com. The man who was viciously stabbed in an altercation with ex wrestling star Too Cold Scorpio was lucky to be alive with TMZ Sports obtaining horrific images of the aftermath of the June fifteenth incident. As we previously reported, the former ww Tag Team champion told cops he was working a security shift at Love's Travel Shop in Kansas City, Missouri, when an argument with a patron over a cigarette turned physical. Fifty eight year old two Gold Scorpio real named Charles Skaggs told authorities used a knife out of self defense, claiming the man threatened him and tried to grapple.
Speaker 6: Oh my god.
Speaker 8: The man suffered deep cuts to his head, chest, buttocks, legs and abs in the fight and was rushed to a nearby hospital for treatment. Okay, so got a mirror image of the of the episode that he claimed to be right in the midst of that's wild. So finally on our well, at least in multiple perspectives. Here part of the story.
Speaker 3: Let's turn to Colonel Rob Parker, Oh boy.
Speaker 8: As mentioned close allegiance with Sid. Sid gets him his job in WCW, gives him his gimmick. And this is just a few months after the clip we played where Parker and Sid debut, if you want to put it that way, at Slamboury nineteen ninety three in the spring. Now we're in October. But here's the thing. Colonel Parker is not in England with the crew because, as Parker told Hannibal in a shoot interview, he doesn't have a passport expressly, so no one can force him to go on international tours. He just is not going to go. That's just not his thing. He does not go on tours.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's probably that right.
Speaker 8: And when you hear him tell the story, it kind of sounds like a story he would have gotten from Steve Austin, who, of course he managed in WDCW as well. So his credibility can be questioned here not only because he wasn't there, but because he kind of claims that Steve Austin was also somehow involved in the fight when you hear him recount what he heard, he kind of puts Steve in the mix with Arn, Invader, with Arn and us Sid, which of course is not true, and as well hear later in fact, Vader and Austin were at the bar during everything until Sid shows up damaged. So it's kind of it's a mark against him when he starts going through the narrative and actually puts Austin in the mix in this whole thing. But he does say something that I think really warrants some examination. One thing we perhaps didn't consider that that keeps following Sid around his wrestling life as an albatross, and may have actually, according to someone who knew him extremely well, and Colonel Robert Parker contributed to this horrific episode. It makes a lot of sense when he says it, but we haven't even thought of it.
Speaker 3: On now.
Speaker 24: Try to laugh it off. And it went on and on, and Arn threw a drink at him, and uh and uh.
Speaker 18: Altercation ensued there and here come the agents and everybody, and they just close the bar. They said, all of the guys that'll go back to the room and get out of here. And it's into that and so they go back to their rooms. And Arn's going in there, and he's trimming up his beard and working on his beard. And we get a little pair of scissors. And Sid goes back to a room and h tears up a chair, takes the leg off the chair and goes down to him Art's room, and and uh, and Arnes is trimming.
Speaker 24: He hears a knock at the door. He goes to the door, doing a little hole.
Speaker 6: It's Sid.
Speaker 3: And Sid says, a little hole. It's Sid.
Speaker 8: I never even thought of out him looking through a key hole. Oh, I mean that's just something else. Yes, I have to beg your forgiveness. I think I failed to set this bite to continue, so I'm to start over again here. Oh sure, And it's going to be a bit of a tease for what's to come in terms of, you know, diagnosing the cause I reference. This is more just as I realize him talking. This is more just Colonel Parker giving his side of what he heard happened.
Speaker 24: Try to laugh it off. And it went on and on and through a drink addim and and.
Speaker 18: Altercation ensued there and here come the agents and everybody, and they just closed the bar.
Speaker 24: They said, all of the guys, we'll go back to the room and get out of here.
Speaker 6: And it's into that.
Speaker 18: And so they go back to their rooms and Arn's going in there and he's trimming up his beard and working on his beard, and you get a little pair of scissors. And Sid goes back to a room and cares up a chair, takes the leg off the chair, goes down to the arm's room and and uh and Arn Arnes is trimming in. Here's a knock at the door. He goes to the door, the in a little hole that's sit and Sid says, uh L, let's let's, uh, you know, let's go to bed on better terms tonight. That uh you know that uh we're on the long trip here, all of us together, and you know, open up the door, shake.
Speaker 3: Hands the chair, a right, So yeah, right he does, and.
Speaker 18: Sid boot and seem what the thing now? I know you probably talk to Sid. I don't know if you got the same story or.
Speaker 6: Anybody like it. I don't know.
Speaker 25: This is the story that I got from my buddies, my guys that were there, and also my guy that I took over there, Steve Austin, in which he and.
Speaker 18: I went up and down the road all over w C wfore well over year before he left to go to New York.
Speaker 6: The stone call, so I had.
Speaker 18: Heard this stuff, and that then Arn take the bump back in the floor, and Sid jumping on the top of you and mean to take the leg from the chair and peet his brains out, and Iron stuck the scissors in him, and then then Sid selling the scissors, and the fight starts again, and the scissors go over there and they fight over the.
Speaker 24: Scissors, and Sid gets the scissors, and Iron takes off for the elevator down the hall. He makes it to the elevator, but it's one of them deals, give me done, but.
Speaker 18: It don't come quick enough, and Sid catches him there at the elevator and stabs.
Speaker 24: Him twenty eight thirty times, with meaning, I think from what I hear, to kill him.
Speaker 6: Very bad.
Speaker 8: From what I hear, meaning to kill him, yes, Worth noting, and that Sid rejoinder to Vader, claiming to save his life. He also stipulated that he doesn't think that the wound was severe enough that there was any chance that he was going to bleed out and die. So the way Sid's the only Vader is the only one I've heard described Sid as stumbling around like a zombie and barely being able to talk or move at that point. So Sid kind of throws cold water on that and says, you know, the wound was he wasn't bleeding from any organs. He wouldn't have bled to death. And he knows this because they did quick exploratory surgery when they got him to the hospital and were able to quickly handle it. Yeah, but he would have known it then, Yeah, Yeah, it's it's just I don't know, he just does not. Sid does not want to give Vader credit for saving his life. He just doesn't want to. I don't know why, but he doesn't. So I feel like we've heard from everybody, and do we have clarity?
Speaker 3: Of course not.
Speaker 8: This is professional wrestling, No listen, Everyone's going to tell stories that serve themselves and unless you're like in a court of law, you're not gonna, you know, tell the truth. I mean, even then, shall we con the record, boss, Yes, shall we take a look at the fact that as part of our Sid tribute here at TLF, we did the legwork and pulled some court documents from Mecklenburg County in North Carolina, in which in nineteen ninety four, Martin Lundy aka Arn Anderson.
Speaker 3: Sid sued, I'm in North Carolina.
Speaker 8: That's where Arn lived, Oh, I see sued Sid. Sid made vague reference to it, talking about the twenty thousand dollars retainer to the lawyer that's Arn never got a piece of. And it's because this lawsuit is fire filed. As far as I can tell that, Sid always takes great pains to point out that he could have pressed charges against Arn in England and did not, of course, and this is the thanks he gets if he stabbed.
Speaker 3: The better man. Let's not forget that. Okay, he is the better man.
Speaker 8: I stab the motherfucker, I don't press charges and then he sues me. That's the thanks I get for stabbing him and not charging him. With me stabbing him bought a business.
Speaker 3: So here it is.
Speaker 8: And if we're going to pledge allegiance to one version of this story, I think it's probably safe to pledge allegiance to the one that Arne and his lawyer were willing to set down in official court documents. That's kind of what we do here at TLF, as we lay out all the contradictory stories from the the menageray of Carnes, and then we go a step further. And now we go a step further when they have to step just a little bit closer into that zone of truth known as the American court system, such as it is. So in nineteen ninety four, in the summer after this happens and Sid is gone from wcw arn Anderson files the following lawsuit. Complaint Plaintiff complaining of the defendant alleges and says as follows. One, Plaintiff is an individual residing in Mecklenburg County, North Carolina. Two upon information and belief, defendant is an individual who resides in Mary in Arkansas, that being said, and who transacts business throughout the United States, including substantial activity within North Carolina. This is to establish jurisdiction for this court. This court has jurisdiction in this matter pursuant too a law, and venue is also properly placed in this court pursuant to a law factual allegations.
Speaker 3: There we go.
Speaker 8: Plaintiff and defendant both make their living as professional wrestlers. Upon information and belief, during the time period in question, both the parties were under contract to World Championship Wrestling Incorporated at Georgia Corporation hereinafter WCW. Well arne as we were about to hear from SID. According to him, he was decidedly not under contract at this point in time, and that was in oversight more than it was anything else. A hashtag WCW. In October of nineteen ninety three, Arn continues, WCW arranged tour of professional wrestling matches for the United Kingdom and Germany. Both plaintiff and defendant were to wrestle on this tour. On October twenty seventh, nineteen ninety three, both plaintiff and defendant appeared on wrestling card in Blackburn, England, United Kingdom. After the conclusion of the matches, plaintiff and defendant, along with numerous other wrestlers and WCW officials, returned to the hotel at which all members of the tour were staying. During a conversation at the hotel with several individuals, including the plaintiff, defendant became verbally abusive towards the plaintiff and physically threatened the plaintiff. Okay, so that's it. He was threatened by SID during the conversation, not just up at the hotel after an argument and after Arn threw a bottle. Arne's claiming here, and this is important because Arn is never gone on the record recounting this incident. As far as I can tell, I see nothing of him giving his blow by blow. Besides, yes, that's interesting, I wonder is that. I'm sure what we're gonna get to this. This lawsuit was settled. It's clear it's settled, and he probably you know, agreed not to speak negatively about Sid in exchange for whatever payout he got. Now Sid took pains to say that Arne didn't see any of that money. So maybe it was the kind of settlement where both sides agreed to sort of tone to tone it down a bit, but not you know, exchange funds.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 8: Settlements in these types of matters are always confidential, so you never really know what kind of money changed hands. But I always assumed it's because Arn tried to assume him didn't quite succeed, or or god a settlement that had to keep him kind of hushed on it. During a conversation of the hotel, several individuals defendant became verbally abusive towards the plaintiff and physically threatened plaintiff. Ww's director of security, Doug Dillinger, interceded in the argument between the plaintiff and defendant and escorted the plaintiff back to his hotel room. I think the fact that Arn name drops Doug Dillinger, and here's probably a hint that if push came to shove, he'd be willing to present Doug Dillager as a witness who would give a ye, no doubt, being a mid Atlantic guy, a favorable version of events toward Arn Anderson. Okay, So Dillinger, according to Arn Anderson, gets in the middle of the argument and es court's Arn back to his hotel room. As plaintiff and mister Dillinger were talking too Plaintiff's were walking rather to plaintiff's room. Defendant continued to verbally insult the plaintiff and make threats of physical violence. Nothing in here about breaking off a beer bottle or anything like that. According to this version, Sid is threatening him in the lobby and threatening him on the way to his room. As plaintiff and mister dill were walking the plaintiff's room, defendant continued to verbally insult the plaintiff and make threats of physical violence. As I read, shortly after returning to his room, plaintiff heard defendant beating into or kicking on the door to his hotel room.
Speaker 3: None of this, none of this.
Speaker 8: He had a beer bottle and so oh yeah, really or none of this like to Parker's version, none of this. Ah this, this has gone out of control. I'm gonna go to the room and talk to him so that we can go to bed peaceful. No, he goes right to the room and starts banging on it. According to this version, when the plaintiff went to the doctor to the door rather to confront the defendant, he saw no one in the hallway. SID bangs on the door and then disappears as the plaintiff stepped out into the hallway, that being arn Anderson SID, who had apparently been hiding behind the door as it opened. No stepped out and violently struck plaintiff in the head with the leg of a table or chair. Whoa SID hides behind them door and wax him.
Speaker 3: None of this.
Speaker 8: Oh, I heard him stumbling in there, and when he opened the door, I could tell he was in no condition to fight and I thought, what the fuck am I doing?
Speaker 3: This is crazy?
Speaker 8: And then he lunged at me, so I had to put him down, and then I wrote, none of that. No, he hides, he puts his back to the wall. Yeah, wait, this is the funniest thing in the world to me. That's picturing Sid doing it.
Speaker 3: Lumbering man, that's.
Speaker 7: What It is.
Speaker 3: Not funny that it happened to arn. I'm not saying that.
Speaker 8: It's just funny that someone that looks like Sid is hiding behind a door ready to pop out.
Speaker 3: He's sneak attacking, you know, he's ready to fucking you know, just he's He's such a bitch.
Speaker 8: Defendant then continued to viciously, pardon the punt, viciously and intentionally assault and batter the defendant with the table leg and a pair of scissors. So arn Arne is not mentioning that he introduced the scissors to the fight. He's simply mentioning that Sid attacked him with them. Defendant all also repeatedly punched and kicked plaintiff in the torso and head after other individuals arrived, having been alerted by the sound of the assault. Defendant then fled the hotel led the hotel.
Speaker 3: Nothing, Wow, holy shit, I don't.
Speaker 8: Think he left the premises. He clearly went down to wherever Steve Austin and Invader was bleeding.
Speaker 6: But but.
Speaker 3: That's crazy.
Speaker 8: So here is the cause of action from Arn Anderson the aforesaid actions by say, sorry.
Speaker 3: So hold on, I'm m hmm. It's hard. It's you know, my brain goes defendant being Arn in the fact that defending himself. So it's hard to me, so like, but you know it Sid attacks Arn. But then but then why is why why it never mentions that that Sid is stabbed. No, it doesn't. It just mentions him leaving the hotel.
Speaker 8: It makes it, Yeah, he makes it sound like Sid just cheap shot at him, beat the shit out of him, and then took off and stabbed him, and doesn't mention that Arn was the one that brought the scissors into the equation. So you can picture Sid and as lawyers reading this and preparing their defense, and we might just I don't know, we might just have a glimpse, it said document, you might just need to warm up those Sid pipes, poss. Let's just s put it that way for the folks. But further, okay, and to your point, I'll replace defendant with SID, and I'll replace plaintiff with Arn. For clarity, the afforesad actions by the by SID constitute an intentional assault and battery upon Arn. As a direct and proximate result of the assault and battery by SID, Arn has sustained serious physical injuries, including but not limited to, lacerations of the face and body, multiple contusions, and acute pain and suffering.
Speaker 3: So none of me were any of these were any of these injuries? Did any of them come into play regarding Arne's retirement.
Speaker 8: Now, Arn's retirement was all about nerve damage to his spine that atrophied his arm. Same thing happened to Paul Orndorf okay yep as a neck injury as a further direct and proximate result of Sid's intentional assault and battery upon Arn and the injuries resulting therefrom Arn. He does say this, though boss Arne has been unable to pursue his career as a professional wrestler. In addition to lost wages, Arne's career has been placed in jeopardy as he has been removed from WCW's television another broadcast meet and during his recovery, so he wants you know, he's basically intimating that you owe me the money I would have made. Such removal from television will directly and negatively impact on Arne's popularity with professional wrestling fans and substantially damage his futurability to earn income. Second claim for relief. The allegations contained in paragraph one to eighteen are incorporated by reference as if set forth here in verbatim, the actions by SID, as if foresaid, were intentional, wanton, wilful, and malicious, and we're done with the intent to seriously injure or perhaps even kill the plaintiff. Given the outrageousness of the acts of SID, Arn is entitled to punitive damages. Wherefore Arn, respectively prey. This Court has follows one that plaintiff have judgment against SID in an amount in excess of ten thousand dollars for the actual damages suffered by Arn. That ARN have judgment against SID in an amount in excess of ten thousand for punitive damages, that all costs of this action be born, but the defendant for a jury trial on issue so triable, and for such other and further relief as the court may deem just and proper. This the fifth day of January nineteen ninety four, Attorney Robert Trobitch, who you might know is being involved in the Rick Flair World title Jim Herd dispute.
Speaker 3: So there you go. Arn has laid his facts on the table. Is sculling him for ten grand, for twenty grand, for more.
Speaker 8: But you have to say, like, the part of the law that allows me to get more than ten grand from you as opposed to less is different, a different burden of proof. So he's not saying exactly how much he wants, but he's saying it's definitely more than ten grand.
Speaker 2: Okay, he's a lapsed fan wrestling podcast.
Speaker 1: He's an lapsed fan wrestling podcast with Jack and Carno and JP Sorrow.
Speaker 8: So that is on and that is what he puts to paper. Now, does defendant aka SID you do you have a response?
Speaker 3: Boss? I believe he does. Do we have a counter or claim? Always let's hear from Sid.
Speaker 8: As he dictates in his lawyer's office, what does he wants the document to read?
Speaker 3: The defendant moves the court pursuant to Rule twelve B, one of the rules of civil procedure to dismiss this action for lack of jurisdiction of the subject matter, in that the complaint seeks damages for personal injuries not within the jurisdiction of this court exactly, and that's the real problem here, hm. The defendant moves the Court, pursuant to Rule twelve B two of the Rules of Civil Procedure, to cush the retard of service of submens to.
Speaker 8: The defendant, and to dismiss this action for lack of jurisdiction over the person of this defendant, in that the defendant is not a resident of North Carolina.
Speaker 3: It's not it's not doing business in the state of North Carolina.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I who saw those house show returns for the Charlotte's right.
Speaker 3: Damn right it is, and it's not otherwise subject to service of process issued by this court. The defendant moves the Court, pursuing to Rule twelve B six of the Rules of Civil Procedure, to dismiss this action for.
Speaker 20: Failure of the complaint to state acclaim upon which relief can be granted.
Speaker 3: Any allege assault and battery upon the plaintiff. The right of action thereon against this defendant was barred by the statute of limitations prior to the conmencement of this action. What's the sexual limitations. I don't know what he's talking about, Like what a day? Is it a month? Like the statue limitations for this, I don't know.
Speaker 8: I guess for maybe assault, it probably is pretty short, like you know, you got assaulted, You're gonna do something about it or not. It's probably I mean, but this was a month later. Now it happened to October. This was filed in October.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, it takes him a while to build a case that doesn't seem right. Well, it's not. It's a year.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's not a case, it's a lawsuit. But so it's like, it's all, yeah, you.
Speaker 3: Know what happened to you? Just put it down on paper. Fifth defense and answer one. The allegations containing paragraph one of the plaintiff's complaint are admitted upon information and belief two. With respect to the allegations containing paragraph two of the Plainton's Plaintiff's complaint, it is admitted that's a defendant is a resident of Marion, Arkansas. Oh, he's willing to concede that. That's big. I will admit that I live where I say I live right, read into that one, except I admit olive in Marian, Arkansas. Except as expressly admitted here in, the allegations contained in paragraph two of the Plaintiff's complaint are denied. The allegations containing paragraph three of the plaintiffs Plaintiff's plaint are denied. The allegations containing paragraph four of the plaintiff's complaint are denied.
Speaker 20: With respect to the allegations contained in paragraph five of the Plaintiff's complaint, it.
Speaker 3: Is admitted upon information and belief not the plaintiff is a professional wrestler. There's a T shirt.
Speaker 8: The plaintiff is a professional wrestler.
Speaker 3: I telling you the whole thing, the whole you know, black a black T shirt, white lettering. With respect of the allegations contained of the Plaintiff's complaint, it is admitted upon information and belief that the planineiff is a professional wrest That's pretty good. It's pretty great. Oh my god, upon information and belief. During the time period in question, the plaintiff was under contract to World Championship Wrestling, Incorporated, a Georgia corporation. Except as expressly admitted here in the allegations contained a paragraph five of the plaintiff's complaint are denied.
Speaker 8: So he denies right there that he SID the defendant was under WCW contract, as ARN represented, But he does say he does grant that ARN was under WCW contract.
Speaker 3: He's fucking crazy.
Speaker 8: The allegations contained in paragraph six of the plaintiff's complaint are admitted upon information and belief. The allegations containing paragraph seven of the Plaineiff's complaint are admitted upon information and belief. The allegations contain paragraph eight of the Plaintiff's complaint are admitted upon information.
Speaker 3: And don't stop there, SID, The allegations.
Speaker 20: Contained in paragraph nine of the plaintiff's complaint are denied.
Speaker 8: What about with respect to the allegations contained in paragraph ten.
Speaker 3: With respect to the allegations containing paragraph ten of the of the Plaintiff's complaint, it is admitted upon information and belief that others attempted to intervene in an argument between the plaintiff and defendant, except as expressly admitted herein, The allegations containing paragraph ten of the Plaintiff's complaint are denied. The allegations contained in paragraph eleven of the Plaintiff's complaint are denied. The defendant alleges that he is without knowledge or information sufficient to form a belief the truth of the allegations containing paragraph twelve of the Plaintiff's complaint, and the same are therefore denied. The allegations containing paragraph thirteen of the plaintiff's complaint are denied.
Speaker 8: How about fourteen the allegations containing paragraph fourteen of the plaintiff's complaint are denied.
Speaker 20: Fifteen said the allegations complained and paragraph fifteen of the planet's complaint or did not start there.
Speaker 8: The allegations contained in paragraph sixteen of the plaintiff's complaint are denied. Going the allegations contain in paragraph seventeen of the plaintiffs's complaint are denied. There the allegations contained in paragraph eighteen of the plaintiff's complaint are denied. The defendant's responses to the allegations containing paragraphs one through eighteen are incorporated by reference as if set forth herein for batim. The allegations containing the second paragraph seventeen of the plaintiff's complaint are denied. The allegations contained in the second paragraph of the Plaintiff's complaints are denied second paragraph eighteen. Now, how about your alternative counterclaim? What do you say happened that night?
Speaker 3: Said? Take us through it. In the event the court determines that it has jurisdiction over the subject matter and jurisdiction over the person of the defendant, that the.
Speaker 20: Statute of limitations does not bo this action, then that the complete otherwise states upclaim upon relief can be granted than the defendant alleges as follows, that the defendant is.
Speaker 3: A resident of Marion, Arkansas, That the plaintiff is an individual residing in Mecklenburg County, North Carolina, That on or about October twenty seven, nineteen ninety three, in Blackburn, England, United Kingdom, the plaintiff unlawfully the plaintiff intentionally, with malice or reckless indifference, assaulted and battered me with a pair of scissors and repeatedly stabbed me. That the aforementioned that the afforcing actions by the plaintiff constitute an intentional assault and battery upon me. As a direct and foreseeable result of the assault and battery by the plaintiff, the defendants sustained severe, painful and permanent injuries too, and about his body, including stab wounds and multiple laser races to his face, stomach, and don't stop there.
Speaker 20: He suffered and continues to suffer great pain of body.
Speaker 3: And mind as he received, He received and continues to receive hospital and medical care, attention, and treatment. He occurred and continues to incur expenses for hospital and medical care, attention, and treatment. He has been disabled from performing his usual activities and occupational duties, with resulting loss of earnings and as a redirect and approximate result of the aforementioned injuries, set defendant is informed, believes, and therefore alleges that he has been severely sad part of that line injured, that damage and an amount in excess of ten thousand dollars fucking awsom the plaintiff is informed, believes and therefore alleges that the actions by the plaintiff were intentional, wanton, willful, and malice and we're done with the intent to seriously injure the defendant, and therefore the defendant is entitled to an award of punitive damages in an amount in excess of ten thousand dollars. Wherefore, Defendant respectfully praise the Court as follows that this Court enter in order dismissing the plaintiff's complaint as requested in defendant's motions here and above, that plaintiff have and recover nothing of this defendant, and that his complaint be dismissed with prejudice that subject to the relief prayed foreign paragraph one.
Speaker 20: Here right above all they follow a denial of those motions that defendant recovered judgment against the plaintiff in.
Speaker 3: An amount in an excess of ten thousand dollars for the actual damages suffered by the defendant, that subject to the relief prayed foreign paragraph one here and above, and only following denial those motions that the defendant have judgment against the plaintiff in an out in exists of ten thousand dollars for beauti of damages that's subject to the relief preyed a four in paragraph one here and above, and only following denial of those motions that this defendant have a trial budgery on all issues of fact a rising in this cause, that the cost of this action be taxed against the plaintiff, and for.
Speaker 20: Such honor and further relief as the Court seed re deem just improper.
Speaker 3: This the twenty fourth day of March nineteen ninety four, Darza A, Miller, Pollard and Murphy. Unbelievable. Unbelievable, SAIDs on the record. Holy shit.
Speaker 8: Well, about a month after that there's a filing.
Speaker 3: And then there's more.
Speaker 8: It doesn't really go very far. There's clearly behind the scenes negotiations going on between both sides, and despite this being filed in January of nineteen ninety four, it isn't until April twenty fifth of nineteen ninety seven.
Speaker 3: Okay, what we get the fuck out of here?
Speaker 8: Right around the time he wrestles Undertaker in the main event of WrestleMania thirteen, does sid Uty settle with arn Anderson. The filing reads stipulation and voluntary dismissal come now the parties, through their respective Council of Record, and pursuant to Rule forty one A one of the North Carolina Rules of Civil Procedure, stipulate that the complaint and counterclaim filed in the above captioned action are both dismissed with prejudice, and that each party shall bear its own court costs at attorney's fees. So it is dismissed voluntarily. So I guess not quite a settlement. I think they might have to say that specifically. I'm no expert in the civil law. That we have spent a lot of time looking at this, and I feel like you do kind of vindicate if there is a settlement. This just seems like it was like both sides said, do we really need just still spend lawyers on this thing?
Speaker 3: Yep, we're both over it.
Speaker 8: We're both in different places in our careers, we're both in different locker rooms.
Speaker 3: Let's drop it. And it's amazing that they didn't drop it until nineteen ninety seven. That's crazy. But you hurt really crazy.
Speaker 8: You heard me reference it. For all of his hazy and malinformed perspectives on this thing, maybe Colonel Parker saw something that none of us thought to think of. Yeah, as a contributing cause to all this.
Speaker 18: And I'll just tell you this, straight up truth. Wouldn't be any good if it didn't. Sid was doing his steroids. Gosh did he look good man? He was, he was lit man. And when he went, he knew that he.
Speaker 24: Wasn't going to be able to take his steroids along. So I knew that he took an awful lot of stuff.
Speaker 6: Ongoing.
Speaker 18: So the first night that they're there, he is really well, he's ready to explode. Yes, and uh is this is what I hear, you know to hearsay, But I'm sure I got the story because I was this man and I had been there with him. Would not have happened because I knew Sid, and I knew the possibilities and I could get ahead of the.
Speaker 24: Game and make sure that those things didn't happen.
Speaker 18: And I think he would back me up on that if he was here today then, But I wasn't there with him.
Speaker 3: And he was on his own, on his own without his can Wow.
Speaker 8: Wow, what's more dangerous than a guy who roid's hard someone who's been deprived of his roids for ten days in England? You can't bring him over the border. Maybe it is just that simple. And again, for all of the for all of the palace intrigue in Sid's career in both big companies, somehow it always seems to come down to whether or not he can get access to the steroids to be Sid.
Speaker 6: Yep.
Speaker 3: Of course this is a bit of a scandal in the UK. Take a look.
Speaker 8: This is a screen grab from Gary Michael Capetta's book some tabloid coverage in the UK.
Speaker 3: Of this fight Wow Kelly Wrestling stars in two am hotel knife brawl, grappling pals pull them upon.
Speaker 8: A great headshot of Sid. I mean god, Oh, I mean god. Yeah, that's the kind of guy who's enforcer barbral Sid stab wounds and he's got his hands behind his head and he's got his teeth grated in the photo.
Speaker 3: Jesus Christ.
Speaker 8: But is it true a real fight? The Miami Herald decided. Alix Marvez, a w employee, decided to cover it with that terminology. Oh man, that's brilliant. In October ninetety three, the Halloween edition actually of the Miami Herald, he wrote professional Wrestling move from Fantasy to Reality Tuesday.
Speaker 3: It's reel as an actual fight.
Speaker 20: Guys.
Speaker 8: When Arn't Anderson and Sid Vicious engaged in a real life fight that left both men hospitalized. Anderson lundy at Vicious Sid Udi began squabbling on a bus while returning from a World championshipresting showing card of England. Later that evening, Vicious six ' eight three ten knocked on the door of Erson's hotel room and said he wanted to apologize. See Okay, that's already out there, that version of apology. That's not what Arne says in his port filing. There's no attempt to apologize for anything. There's just lying in wait with a fucking piece of table in your hand or chair ready to go. When Anderson sixty one two forty answered, Vicious smashed him with a chair, and the ensuing melee both wrestlers stabbed each other with a pair of scissors. The two were separated by WCW wrestlers and then were admitted to a local hospital. Both were discharged by the next day and returned to the United States. WW spokesperson Sharon Sidello of all people, she directing the fucking awful mini movie that we played at the top of this episode, was uncertain whether any discipline reaction would be taken against either wrestler, or if they would miss any upcoming appearances. Adello declined comment on the fight. I don't even know why she took the call. If Vicious were fired, ww's plans would be ruined. Vicious turned babyface on Saturday's WCW Saturday Night telecast, and it's slated to face Vader in December in the main event of the Starcade pay per view show. However, this is his cheap shot, Oh cheap shot on Anderson appears to leave WCW no choice but to sack the sidster, no choice but to sack the sidster.
Speaker 3: There we go. I guess what are your thinks? In charge?
Speaker 8: Here Inside the Ropes with Kenny McIntoshes, Eric Bischoff explains this first, let's say, human resources challenge that he's encountered of this magnitude since taking control a WCW.
Speaker 9: Was it was late in the evening because it happened in a different time zone. It was late in the evening when I got a phone call.
Speaker 8: You got that it was in a different time zone. You get that, of course, Yes, yes, I'm going to make sure you hear this is configured correct.
Speaker 3: Late in me. Yes, it would have been late in the evening. It was two am. No, it wouldn't have been late.
Speaker 6: In the evening.
Speaker 3: Now, it was where he was because he wasn't on the tour, right, it wasn't leave in the evening if this happened at two am. With that, well you just sent me so true And.
Speaker 9: Oh, Eric, was it was late in the evening because it happened in a different time zone. It was late in the evening when I got a phone call and Doug Dillinger, who was our head of security in WCW, called me and said, Eric, you know, he told me what happened, and he gave me pretty specific details as to what led up to the incident.
Speaker 3: And how it all went down.
Speaker 8: So he's getting the version of this story from Doug Dillinger, who, if I can read between the tea leaves here, arn Anderson name drops in his own legal complaint which tells me he's not afraid of Doug Dillinger being called before a jury judge to give his account of things in terms of the risk that Dillinger will say something unfavorable toward arn Anderson's version of what happened. So remember it's Dyllinger telling Bischoff who did what?
Speaker 3: Here?
Speaker 8: We'll see if that if that has bearing on his ultimate decision.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 9: And first of all, it was horrified. You know, it's late at night. I wasn't thinking it was. I think it was on a weekend. Maybe wrong about that, I can't remember, but it was it was at an odd time when I wasn't thinking about work. I was home with my family, my kids, and I get this phone call Arnstabs Sid what.
Speaker 3: Sesh uh?
Speaker 9: Can I just get a sexual harassment problem?
Speaker 6: Please?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 9: Can I get some other kind of other than somebody tried to kill somebody with a pair of scissors.
Speaker 3: That was a tough one. I wasn't prepared for that one.
Speaker 6: I didn't know how to handle that.
Speaker 9: But I got more and more information, and once I got the update and everybody was helping them, we're just going to die and bleed out and die in the hallway in a hotel. Once I knew everybody was safe, I went and conferred with the next day my boss. His name was Bill Shaw at that time, and we said, well, let's just wait till everybody gets back, try to get as much detailed information as we can, and we'll figure out.
Speaker 6: What to do from there.
Speaker 3: But it was a bizarre, bizarre folcal to get.
Speaker 26: But you said, had been in WWF, he's come back. You know, I'm sending there are big plans for him. He always gets let go. Was that a decision tough to kind of, you know, take a big name and kind of get rid of him.
Speaker 9: No, it wasn't tough because I mean, that's such a serious situation. There has to be a very cut and dry decision. There could be no ambiguity, there could be no doubt, there can be no shadows. You know, it has to be an incredibly clear decision. And the reason that I let sid go. I'm gonna be honest. I like Arn Anderson, I really do, and I respect Arn Anderson. However do you arn Anderson at that time in his life? In the wrestling business, we call them disturbers, people that just like distir right, just to be able to entertain themselves by watching people react to this that they've stirred up.
Speaker 3: That's how they got their entertainment.
Speaker 9: That's how a lot of rest and talent kind of entertained themselves on the road. They were pulling ribs on each other, doing really horrible practical jokes on each other.
Speaker 6: Or creating situations.
Speaker 9: That they knew was going to cause drama and conflict because they got a weird kind of enjoyment out of watching all that.
Speaker 3: Happen in front of them.
Speaker 6: That's just, unfortunately what happened. I guess when you're on the road a lot.
Speaker 9: There was no doubt in my mind that Arne started that issue because Arne, and it came out subsequently. Arn was kind of like poking Sid, making fun of Sid, challenging Sid, embarrassing Sid in front of his peers. That was arn Anderson's mo when he was drinking. When he was sober, he was fine, we all changed when we're drinking. I was a lot more interesting two hours ago than I am now. But I'm gonna do my best. But Arn was the kind of guy that once he started drinking and having fun, he was like he was the class clown. Only his idea of humor was to make fun of people, to moralize people, challenge people.
Speaker 6: And I knew that.
Speaker 9: But the reason I fired Sid is because Sid made the decision. Backtrack, So Arn's poking the bear, making fun of Sid in front of everybody in a bar. They're all drinking, everybody's drinking, including Sid. Aren't everybody else aren't making fun of him, challenging him, demoralizing him, degrading him in front of people. Whatever the case was. They both go up to their rooms. Eventually Sid decides to leave his.
Speaker 6: Room and go confront Art.
Speaker 3: That was the mistake.
Speaker 9: If Sid would have gone to his room, Arn't would have gone to his room. They both would have slept it off, there would have been no issue. But Sid made the decision to go confront Arn and then the incident happened. That's why I fired Sid. He's the one that made a decision to go. Take it one step further. Now, I can't condone stabbing somebody with a pair of scissors, but Arne was defending himself as crass or unreasonable as that may sound, when you have a guy's big as Sid Vicious coming to your room to kick your ass, you're going to do whatever you have to do to not get your ass kicked. And I again, I'm not condoning that, but at least I can put it into context. And the fact that Sid could have stayed in his room and left the bee, but chose to ratchet the violence up by confronting Arn, in my opinion, made him the one that had to go.
Speaker 8: But wait, was that the reason he had to go? Why is that ultimately the reason? I mean, you've got to remember Stark ninety three. Main event is on the books, say it shout the angle. You heard the reference there in Alex Marvez's piece about how they had just actually turned Sid babyface in preparation for the Vader match before this happened. Do you know who Sid was in the ring with on the October thirtieth, nineteen ninety three edition of Saturday Night, the first ww television show to air after the stabbing took place over in the UK. No, he's in the ring with Nature Boy Rick Flair, the same guy that he's in the hotel saying needs to move out of the way. Is the guy getting him primed for the main event of the biggest show on WCW's calendar year.
Speaker 6: Oh my god.
Speaker 8: So Sid, who's still managed by Colonel Parker by this point, still being a heel seven days after the stabbing. This is what wrestling fans around the country you see on WTBS.
Speaker 3: Out of his US and Flayers a quick twiner than heels.
Speaker 11: Ric Flair could be moments away, step three shots approval couldree moments away.
Speaker 3: I think this is the only Flare side on one match, by the way, I think you're right.
Speaker 11: Blocked by Fishes. WHOA But Fishes didn't get blocking rams the Nature Boy into the buck hole.
Speaker 8: Do you remember them going one on one in like WWF.
Speaker 3: I don't No, I don't think so. No, because unless they did in something like house showing like ninety one, right.
Speaker 19: As Sid Vicious now, thank you, gonna try the power bomb here?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Maybe the wheels take.
Speaker 12: It out from Leondery.
Speaker 3: Maybe he can't get him up like he should.
Speaker 2: Let's see what a flare upside down.
Speaker 3: But still a center stage days by the ways off the top. Put any event to seats on the hard camera side, brings him back down.
Speaker 14: Oh, they both hit hard at time.
Speaker 11: Kelly the back suplex, but Fishes got the worst end of that one. It ain't offen big. Sid gets taken off his feet. Flair with a cover, whoa any can of pulted flair?
Speaker 8: All power kickout by Sid with the gua pret with the press there the bench press, and.
Speaker 14: Now Rick Claire up top again.
Speaker 3: Sid fishes up to me. Didn't do anything about it? Rick Flare tandel and Flare goes for the Figure four, locks it in and he's hooked. He's gotta hook that Sid fish us Colonel Parker losing the ship at inside.
Speaker 2: Set.
Speaker 3: Now Colonel Parker's up on the apron. Sid reverses the Figure four, Parker's in the ring and kicks Flair in the head good.
Speaker 13: Colonel Parker's come in.
Speaker 3: That's gonna get flair of the wind. They're gonna just wantify sa Hey, give flair the wind sides the turn as.
Speaker 13: A result about this clification make too hold.
Speaker 8: And it's here boss where Sid is sick of his heeling manager Wow on.
Speaker 13: Words, gay tend Why you're on TVs Hey? All the turner could do is react, look at fair, you know, look.
Speaker 3: To please with the perdile.
Speaker 11: Why did you look at PA's try to explain to one now when he had a time.
Speaker 3: I don't stand he was incredible and not Sid christious and the corner cough sackius. The title shot Sid looking at people like, shouldn't necessarily say that? Toody. I think that's what Sid saying right now. The turtle make the moves because he had to.
Speaker 18: We are out of time.
Speaker 3: We got a guy. We're gonna tell your he's got curib you next week.
Speaker 8: And Saturday Night fades to black. Wow, that's wild it Sid elevating Colonel Parker. They don't show the impact on the choke slam, but they do show him lifting him in the goose hole. And now Sid is ready ready to go as the top guy, potential future world champion to dethrone Vader the Monster, and we're on our way. We're at least so we thought. It's just amazing that that airs after after Sid stabs are and over a fight over Rick Flair.
Speaker 3: That's really fucking crazy.
Speaker 8: That is That's that's Halloween season. You want to talk about serendipity. Oh yeah, right, that's Halloween nineteen ninety three. As we sit here upon Halloween two thousand and twenty four, ten years strong on TLFT, he's.
Speaker 2: A lapsed fan wrestling podcast.
Speaker 1: He's the Lapsed Fan Wrestling Podcast with Jack and Carn Seo and JP Sorrow.
Speaker 8: But was that the reason ultimately that Sid was fired by WCW in nineteen ninety three. I mean, that's a lot of equity they just put into Sid shooting that big angle and a one on one match with Rick Flair on Saturday Night, which this is of course pre Monday nightro So Saturday Night was really the most primo exposure they could give their biggest angles. You know, I don't know, what, wouldn't it be easy to talk WCW brass into maybe keeping Sid around even after he nearly fucking killed Arn Anderson.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna guess he just did something stupid like pour a can of Vienna's down the garbage disposers.
Speaker 8: Not quite that bad, but you know, you hear Bischoffs say, in no uncertain terms, he fired Sid because Sid instigated Sid took it to the next level in terms of, you know, the fight with arn Anderson. But if that was the case, then why would Sid be talking to Hannibal about a series of contract negotiations that took place after the stabbing OO, which WCW seemed quite keen on keeping the Psycho one. And to hear Sid tell it here, it's a whole different reason that he never came back to WCW after leaving arn Anderson in a bloody heap in England.
Speaker 6: X Y, you were the one that was let go out of that.
Speaker 7: No, this is what happened. I went into the office with my Oh, this is what happened. This is what started to fight. Right before we go overseas, Ary Bischall tells to me. He says, uh, we understand that I never signed a contract there while.
Speaker 3: O he was boss.
Speaker 7: Now, when Eric took over, I was still getting paid on the original contract. But when it was when I was to work with Vader for the World Championship, that my year would have been up and I would have got to ask for more money. So I hate this is true, the true story. So Eric's talked to me. He says, said, you haven't got it. You have you're not under contract. I said, yeah, now I knew it. I didn't think it meant that much. So he goes, well, we need to get you in the contract, but not what I'm getting paid now. He said, well, what do you want? When I told him, he said, no, we're not gonna get that to you. Well, then I'm not gonna be here any longer. So he says, okay, well we'll give it to you.
Speaker 6: So he gave it to me. I signed it. Were overseas and that's pretty easily. What the argument was, I just got a big pay paid increase, you know. So what was the question again, uh to you being okay?
Speaker 7: So when after the fight and we came back home and I held up a little bit, me and my lawyer Bill after I mean uh uh not Bill, after Bill Effert out of Memphis. He went with me there, and this is what they told me in the office that day. If I would be willing to go back to my original pay I could keep my job, and I said no.
Speaker 6: And that's why I lost my job? Was it because of what I did? Because we take a pay cut.
Speaker 8: Sounds about right, thank you very much. Why are you negotiating with the guy if he's if he's in the wrong here and needs to go.
Speaker 3: I mean, they're always listen. That's exactly it right there. I mean, I I wrestling doesn't care. That's fucking correct, all right. If you tried to fucking kill somebody or you injured somebody greatly, what they care about is they don't want to give you more money than they think you deserve.
Speaker 8: And Sid, that's Sid's omo and that's why you drove people so crazy. If you listen closely, he said that that's really what the fight with arn in London was about, was the fact that he had just gotten them to agree to give him more money because he didn't have an ink to deal under early so and that was Sid's That's why people hated Sid from a front office perspective, and you know from some of the wrestlers as well, is that he would just decide whenever the hell he wanted. That you give me more money or I'm leaving, and he would leave, and he would call your bluff, even if he had a contract with you, he would go ahead sue me, basically, sue me for not showing up.
Speaker 3: I know you won't, and he just he.
Speaker 8: Is not obligated that's correct, to honor anything that's correct. And that's why there's so much, so many grains of truth, and that version of SID that we've interpolated over the years here at TLF.
Speaker 3: That's so fucking crazy.
Speaker 8: So I don't know, I don't know why you're glibbling over pay. If you need to get rid of SID for being the aggressor in England, sounds to me like bullshit. Sid goes on to say, I agree with that for sure. Goes on to say in that interview that Bishof from what he understood, had been saying that guys at WCW were threatening to quit the organization if Sid wasn't fired, and that his lawyers went into a meeting with Eric and Bill Shaw and that he was later released. But there was never any kind of ultimatum in terms of one of the two has to go or you know, anything like that. So he disagrees with the I think the long standing kind of sense that there would have been like a mutiny in the locker room if SID wasn't fired. Well, they certainly did a lot towards signing him to a new contract before the blood was probably even dry in the carpet back in Blackburn. And of course we can't forget this. November ninety three is upon us and Vince McMahon is about to be indicted on conspiracy to distribute antabolic steroids, and the scrutiny on steroid use in pro wrestling is now at a level unforeseen. We're now talking charges. We're not talking corporate disgrace. We're now talking is wcwn ight ah. And in that environment, I think, as we learned at WWF, SID doesn't necessarily thrive. And just as much as Colonel Parker reminds us that steroids may have had a hell of a lot to do with why Sid was in the mood he was in when he nearly killed Arne Anderson, and steroids had to do what it had to do with the failed test around WrestleMania eight and SID suddenly finding a reason to leave in a huff shortly after that event, so too, does his forthcoming match with Vader get complicated by the drug component? The Observer November eighth, nineteen ninety three. Meltzer rites eventually, after being told ahead of time all ww wrestlers were supposed to go in one afternoon before taping to be steroid tested, the results are lack thereof of such have turned into only the latest and a long series of laughing stocks when it comes to the subject. Since either failure didn't result in suspension, as the existing policy stated, or nobody failed, what's even the thought of most preposterous Given the beatable nature of tests and lackluster monitoring them. The one thing we know for sure, Meltzer wrote, is that sid Udy didn't fail that test. He missed the test. Yes, he had a valid reason. Meltzer says the company booked him for a public appearance the day before and he couldn't get back in time. Somehow, said always finds himself in these situations. Man, it's always an airport, it's always a plane that didn't show up. Eventually, according to several reports, he was asked to take the test at a television taping a few weeks later and walked out by company policy. That would mean an automatic six weeks suspension and no reinstatement until he was able to pass a new test. The next day everything was smoothed out. It is the belief of many wrestlers, but unable to be confirmed at press time, that Yudi never took the test and may have even refused again on a later occasion, or even on two later occasions, a statement TBSNWIP management had refused to comment on despite several media requests earlier this week in the week of the latest incidents. If this is true, and if is the key word because nothing is confirmed, then here is the crux of this entire situation right here.
Speaker 9: M H.
Speaker 8: How can a company Meltzer Rights, give a huge raise and make the decision to make someone world champion and build the company around someone with a track record like this easy because of how the man looks. Rules that apply to most wrestlers don't apply to someone who is six eight, three hundred pounds exactly, little body fat and freakish muscularity, even though people who look like that are the exact reason wrestling companies have been pressured into making those rules to begin with. If Sidyudy walked out on a test and wasn't suspended right then and there. The management of WCW needs to answer the question as to why it's written policy wasn't enforced. If sid Udy did this more than once and wasn't fired after the second occurrence, more questions need to be answered, and those who let him slide need to be called on the carpet and severely reprimanded for creating the double standard. If those officials didn't immediately follow up by insisting on changing the planned storyline of sid Vicious becoming the next world champion at that point, there was a strong question as to whether they should be allowed to continue in their positions. If he did this a third time, those who allowed it and continue to allow the storylines to go unchecked and direction of making him world champion while possessing knowledge of this, need to be fired, not to mention the legal liability they should have to answer for because of the end result of all this. If he walked out on a steroid test and was subsequently given a raise or a bonus to do a job, or however it is worded, the people responsible for making the decisions to give him that raise and still give him the world title should be fired along with, if not ahead of, sid Udy. Even if steroids are not applicable to this story and none of the items regarding walking out on tests are true, there is still no way WCW can justify sid Udy remaining part of the company. There have been no confirmation whether the stories regarding whether or not Uty had been steroid tested before leaving on the tour are true talk about the European tour since ww has avoided returning phone calls to those who asked. The very fact of that has only fueled further rampant rumors. While there may be no tangible evidence of steroid use by sid Uty that would hold up in a court of law, the incident has largely raised the steroid issue once again among both wrestlers and those covering wrestling. It is believed that several WCW wrestlers who did take the recent drug test tests failed the test and are being required to attend to one day seminar on the evils of steroids and other I legal drugs. Whatever evils, there may be a question that has to be asked by all wrestlers is if those evils override the potential benefits, a significant advantage in obtaining a job, and an ability to earn a more lucrative contract with more job security than far more talented counterparts. No suspensions were levied. This may have been because the company would have had a hard time even fielding a line up for the European Tour and all these major shows if the written rules regarding six weeks suspensions for first defense and no reinstatement until label to pass a subsequent test had been enforced.
Speaker 3: Think about that boss.
Speaker 8: Did sid get on that plane to go on this tour where he nearly stabbed arn Anderson to death when he should have been on a six week suspension for walking out on a drug test?
Speaker 3: Ye huh.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 8: The belief of at least some wrestlers melts or rites is that the company is serious about the steroids, subject at least to the level of wanting everyone to be able to pass tests, which to this point are given with advanced warning, which makes them the easiest to beat. When it pertains to the rank and file wrestlers, it has appeared obvious that many wrestlers that had been using steroids two months back are now off the stuff, But to suggest that it is uniform throughout the company, or that use is at the same level as the current WWF, which has a far more strict testing system in place, would be ridiculous. Whether the company would seriously enforce its rules should a main event or fail a second test during a key time period such as just before a pay per view or clash, or test regularly those who show signs of use, as it's written policy states, is at best a matter of conjecture. Further on in the Observer, Davy Boy said Vicious fired by WCW. Yes, big boss Man replaces Smith first rude at stargate. That's correct in unrelated incidents melts the rights too. WCW's most prominent bullseye posters for federal investigations, Davy Boy Smith and said Vicious were both fired man. Davy Boy likes to get fired in twos for steroids, doesn't he?
Speaker 3: Yes? He does? Vicious? Who had signed?
Speaker 1: Who?
Speaker 8: Both these guys coming to WCW, by the way, after leaving WWF with that cloud hanging over their head, make no mistake about it. With the grand jury and paneled for the vincent indictment. All that everyone knows people being subpoenaed people being interviewed. Come on in, come on in a pal it's going on. Come on int w CW and you can do what you gotta do.
Speaker 3: What are you feeling, Powell? Are You're feeling good?
Speaker 7: This?
Speaker 3: You're feeling natural?
Speaker 8: Looking like a stack of dimes. Vicious, who agreed verbally with the WCW officials to a four year, two point four million dollar contract just before the October twenty sixth incident in Blackburn, England, where he and arn Anderson stabbed one another in a fight that got out of control. Technically, wasn't fired over the incident with arn Anderson because of legal reasons, but for what was termed overall volatile behavior. Yes, Elzer says because of WCW officials apparently letting Vicious slide on steroid tests. There is a very messy can of worms that still has to be dealt with, so any decision being absolute may not wind up being the case in the long run. But for now, Vicious has been fired. Arn Anderson, who has been suspended since the incident, will be reinstated honor around December twenty eighth. It's been ironic since television is not taped months in advance is now taped months in advance to see Anderson doing interviews that were taped in September and October talking about being stabbed in the back. Davy Boyce Smith was also fired this past week, or portally to set an example about too many no shows, and Meltzer's final report on said Vicious and WCW in nineteen ninety three reads as such. Said Vicious was in the office on Thursday and was told by a high ranking official that they'd like him back as soon as possible, but put the heat on the other wrestlers for not wanting him back, and saying they'd bring him back, but they'd have to wait for the wrestlers to cool down. This came two weeks after WCW informed vicious lawyers that he was terminated and the four year contract for two point four million that both sides had agreed to wasn't going to be honored due to his volatile nature.
Speaker 3: A Yeah, town checks out. YEP, sounds like sounds like the wrestling business.
Speaker 8: I don't think you can get any more accurate with the wrestling business than this whole fucking bunch of sid tells us. Yeah, it tells us about the business.
Speaker 3: Doesn't. He yes, he does.
Speaker 8: And as we started with Booker T feeling just so grateful, so humbled, and so protected by Sid's influence in WCW, getting them into the company that led to him becoming a national star and really setting him on the course to make his life's fortune in the professional wrestling business. So too was Booker T backstage when his patron Saint, all of a sudden has to walk out the door, just like you walked out of the World Wrestling Federation with Downtown Bruno dragging his luggage behind him, because things aren't going Sid's way. Sid's unhappy, and so we turned to Booker T's book for a fly of the wall perspective of how this all played out. It was a pr nightmare for WCW. A few weeks later, back in the state, Sid and arm were suspended without pay. It was rumored that a bunch of guys threatened to walk if Sid wasn't released. By December, Sid was let go. I felt bad for Sid. He'd done so much for lash in me, bringing us in, putting us up in his own apartment, giving me that first pair of boots, even looking out for our incremental pay raises. I'll always owe a debt of gratitude to the Big Man for our injection into the mainstream. However, by the time that confrontation happened, I can say Sid didn't seem to be in a good place. Yes, I don't know what he was going through. Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, I don't know what he was going through, but there was a shift that most wouldn't have recognized something was wrong. Sometimes, without explanation, he would be a no show at events he was advertised for. Even worse were the times he'd arrive, disapprove of everything they him booked in, get right back in his car and leave. The agents and other guys scheduled to work with him were left scrambling to pull together something for the fans. And one of lashes, my first shows on the road and making Georgia, Sid showed up in the back. Everyone was milling around waiting for the curtain call, and there was a big commotion. I wasn't privy to any of the inner workings back then and had no idea what was going on. Sid walked past me with a look that could kill. He kicked the back door open and was gone, just like that. Yes, and he was the headliner that night. I thought, Wow, when you get to that level, I guess you get to call your own shots. That must be the way the business is. But that's not the way it is. Unfortunately, although he definitely was big, Sid wasn't that big. Nobody is so now once again, and even more so than ever before, Boss Sid is a pariah in the pro wrestling business. Having done what he did to arn Anderson.
Speaker 3: God, what a fucking he is, such a I mean, he's indescribable. Sometimes.
Speaker 8: Maybe that thing Booker noticed that was different about Sid was I don't know, getting off his cycle. Hate to put words in your mouth, book, but words in your mouth.
Speaker 3: But there it is.
Speaker 8: So now Sid to pariah in the business. Surely, surely, having done what he did, no office would book him lightly from here, right, it was back to the farm life, play some softball, sell some agricultural chemicals. Figure out who Sid was if he wasn't a wrestler. For certainly, there's no way anyone would touch him now he had gone psycho. There's no way attacking arn Anderson with a fucking pair of scissors would in fact open the door to a whole new character and another WWF run right not one that it would eventually lead to the run of his career Right.
Speaker 3: A city preceding announcement as a Tea J.
Speaker 1: DeSantis production, its contents is intended for private use only.