Speaker 1: In the sports page with The Orlando Sentinel at FM ninety six to nine.
Speaker 2: The games Mike the Bulldog Beyond You on jr R.
Speaker 3: Bulldog Sports Page brought to us by Kaufman and lind Injury Attorneys. This morning, Well, special Teams Blunder turns turns things around quickly in the Monday night affair in Dallas last night, Doggie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Dallas versus the Bengals. Not that the game meant anything because both teams are not having a great season obviously, but yeah, games tied with what about two minutes one fifty three remaining games tied. Cincinnati's punting, Dallas boxed the punt and one of Dallas's defenders Amani or a warrior or a warrier, that's how you said. So he tried to field the bouncing ball. He did not field it correctly, and the Bengals recover and they go down recover the ball, and then Joe Burrow throws a forty yard touchdown pass to Jamar Chase to win the game. It's hard to blame the guy because the ball bouncing bounces right there and he's just sort of reacting to it. So but he still didn't sleep last night.
Speaker 3: Well, when the usually you don't see the block punk going beyond the line of scrimmage in most cases, which the rule is a little different once that happens, and thus the end result here not good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the special teams coach of the of the Cowboys was just waving get away from the ball. So yeah, Cowboys end up losing the games. So hey, there's seasons about over. The Bengals nor the Cowboys are gonna make the playoffs. So again, it was a good game, you know, as far as star players, because the Bengals have some really good players, but as far as beatingful games, not very meaning. Uh. Heisman Trophy finalists were announced yesterday. You know, the Bulldog is a voter, but I'm not allowed to tell you who voted.
Speaker 3: Bulldog. You can make a case for any of these guys I think this year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Dylan Gabriel, Travis Hunter of Colorado, Dylan, of course, with Oregon, Boise State's Ashton gent, Miami's cam Ward. You're right, this is about as hard to vote as you could get. I meant cam Ward of Miami without him, what are the Hurricanes? I meant we saw what they were last year? And he leads the nation in passing unbelievable passing statistics. Miami had the the you know, highest scoring offense in the country. Aston Genty ran for twenty five hundred yards. I think that's the third most in NCAA history for Boise State. He led Boise State into the playoff. Dylan Gabriel. If Dylan Gabriel wins, I mean, he's obviously the quarterback of the number one team. His stats do not stack up with cam Ward this year, but you look at his I mean you can almost give it to him as a career award, a career award because he's He's broken a lot of passing records in the NCAA and he is the quarterback of the number one team in the country.
Speaker 3: Load a loaded team. So it's not all on him as much as some of these other guys. So it's it's hard to weigh this in the end.
Speaker 2: And he's almost forty years old, I mean, in his ninth season. And Travis Hunter, I mean, he's a two way player. He's the best receiver in the Big twelve, he's the best defender in the Big twelve. He plays almost every play, So I think he's gonna win. I'm not gonna tell you I voted for, but I think he's gonna win it.
Speaker 1: I'm leaning towards him too. What about you, Lynch, you take your heart out of Miami and everything else.
Speaker 3: I probably, uh probably Hunter just just you don't see that two way thing anymore, not at that He's amazing, not at that level.
Speaker 2: So yeah, no, speaking of college football, uh so, reading this story this morning in the Sentinel about Miami, you know they're coming to the Pop Tarts Bowl to play Iowa State, and uh is Cam weren't even gonna play in that game, he says, he is. But you're already seeing a bunch of players opting out of these bowl games. Florida's playing Tulane in the Gasparilla Bowl. Tulane's quarterbacks already opted out. There's another quarterback for a bowl team, oh the duke. The duke quarterback has already entered the transfer portal, so he's opted out of their bowl game. College football has to do something about this. I mean, these bowl games are meaningless enough. With a twelve team playoff, all right, now, you're gonna have bowl games. We're already, I mean, we've seen it for a couple of years. Now you've got these Bowl games where the key players aren't even playing. Why would you even And if you've seen the ticket prices in some of these Bowl games, why would you buy a ticket and travel to a Bowl game when it's It's again, it's meaningless to begin with. But now you don't even have the players in it.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you, Pat and myself and somebody else we're talking about it yesterday. Pat's all about Travis Hunter playing. I wouldn't play Ward or cam Ward. I wouldn't play taking that roll in the dice on that injury.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well let's let's let's let's be very specific about wording here. He says he's going to play. He didn't say how much he's going to play. He could come in for the first series. Okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Wow. By the way, you mentioned the other day, I didn't know it was so drastic the NBA TVs Bad. They're down, like they were down thirty per almost thirty percent. Yeah, in the first month of the season, and people are trying to figure out why they're down. I mean, you go anything from you know, load management, go woke, go broke, you know, the dearth of American stars in the league. What do you guys think it is a combination? What can I tell you locally? What I think it is here locally? Is that what I can't see a magic game with my TV provider? Can you pat We're we're in the minority. I know that, but I'm saying there's got to be in a couple of other places. I just think people are kind of okay but that. But I'm talking about the national TV rating. I think about every I'm talking about ESPN, Like ESPN's national broadcasts are down almost thirty percent.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what.
Speaker 2: I have had nothing to do with Bally Sports, Florida or anything.
Speaker 3: I think there's just a general lack of enthusiasm outside of the cities that have teams. There's just too many people just have too much going on in their lives that NBA just in the big scheme of things, it just doesn't.
Speaker 2: Know what else, you know what else. It's sort of like college basketball now, there's just too many games, and there's too many games. The players aren't taking the game seriously during the regular season, so everybody's just sort of waiting for the playoffs. I ain't but.
Speaker 3: We've got the Cup tournament continuing tonight with the Magic in Milwaukee.
Speaker 2: That's right, going to Milwaukee. The Cup is on the line. I wish the and I realized nobody really takes his NBA Cup seriously, But I do wish the Magic, you know, had their players to at least be able to compete for it tonight.
Speaker 3: It'd be nice to see how they would fare at full full strength. Yeah, right, so Lightning, and we're the Lightning. Tonight they travel to Edmonton, and I think we covered most of the stuff. You're not going to give us a hint on who you voted for, hon Dog, I already did.
Speaker 2: He said who I thought was going to win?
Speaker 3: Who you thought was going to winter. Mike Benkey host of Open Mic on AM seven ninety six nine, The Game on a Jason Tusks weekday mornings, and he takes time from his show to join us for the Sports pat here on j r R each morning, brought you by Kaufman and Lind.
Speaker 2: Listen to Under Oath with Attorney Jeff Copp on every Saturday morning, seven thirty on f M ninety six nine The Game. You can catch extended versions on your favorite streaming platform. Oh Oogo on demand to download the iHeartRadio app from the boat