Speaker 1: You know what, just throwing up to Sky Jones and uh, let's get this Clippers team back, get into it until.
Speaker 2: On Monday ninety nine, all the Clippers trying to come away with a win in the preseason contest here in Seattle, Williams to end out four point two to play a bucket and the Clippers lead, Williams gotta throw it in Fines Miller a.
Speaker 3: Taxa lay lop the two point to the play.
Speaker 4: Time out Portland.
Speaker 3: Start Jones with that Hipper Clippers with.
Speaker 1: The lead on ninety nine, that would be your final Clipper Nations. They got the stop on the other end and Kai Jones with the game winning oop off the pass from Jordan Miller. Carlo Jamenez on the call, Yeah, we're like that sometimes. Welcome into your post game show. I've got a Moslin coming up. We'll get to your post game box score, some more highlights for you, but first back to Seattle after the Clippers win by two over the Portland trail Blazers. Will rejoin by your radio voice of the Clippers in Carlo Jimenez. Carlo, I don't know if we have a connection to coach Lou and the coaching staff. I don't know if we're being spied on, but we asked for it and we received it. As kai Jones received that love from Jordan Miller on the game winning play.
Speaker 2: I mean, Adam, let's be honest, you deserve all the credit. And you literally called it before it happened. You literally said, let's just lob it to Sky Jones, get out of here.
Speaker 4: And what do they do.
Speaker 2: They throw it up to kai Jones and he yams that thing and they win the game. But I don't know if you want to tell me the lottery winning numbers.
Speaker 4: You know, I'm here in Seattle.
Speaker 2: Supposedly a lot of people win the lottery from the state of Washington. I'd love those numbers if you could send him my way.
Speaker 4: But what a fun.
Speaker 2: Game, What a great game by this Clipper team. And more importantly, Adam Our chemistry is is a one right now and it's preseason basketball.
Speaker 1: That was fun mid season formed from us and kai Jones right now is the story. We talked about him a lot in the pregame show. He was by player to watch. I didn't know it would be this dramatic. Late we talked about his defense and what he was able to do but the lobs came of plenty as soon as Williams got into the ball game. He saw he was looking for Kai Jones early and off, and the pick and roll was there as well, and he was rolling to the basket with force while getting five blocks on the other end. And he may just have wrapped up that two way contract, the last one the Clippers have.
Speaker 4: I mean, there's no doubt in my mind.
Speaker 2: A Donnis Williams has been so good and probably made the Clippers think.
Speaker 4: About it a little bit more than they thought.
Speaker 2: But after today's game, and with the continued injury to Mobamba, you just I don't think you can really realistically give it to anyone else. With the way Kai Jones have been playing, he was more disciplined today, he was more comfortable. And we talked about this after the Golden State game and after we are critical of him, but he hasn't played basketball in over a year, in over a year, so that this is his third game, he's already looking this comfortable.
Speaker 4: He's understanding his roles now. It's not to say it was perfect.
Speaker 2: Him and James Harden a little bit got into it when he was trying to set a screen high at the three at the half.
Speaker 4: Court line, Harden didn't want the screen.
Speaker 2: They're still learning to do, but there is so much potential here and you see why Kai Jones, when he was brought over from the Clippers, said in his press conference at the end of the year, this is the best opportunity I've ever had, and he is.
Speaker 4: Making the most of that opportunity right now.
Speaker 1: I am happy for the young man. He's taken advantage of the opportunity. And you're seeing this Clippers team late with the young guys just continue to play connected basketball and impose their will. I love the way Jordan Miller. The way that lob was set up is because he was getting downhill getting to the basket with the little southpaw floaters, he was able to hit down the stretch. In this game, the defense had to bring more attention his way and he was able to find Kaijils, But Kobe Brown had his moments. Cam Christy comes in late and immediately gets a steal and an easy layup Duck. On the other end, Williams plays well again. When it was winning time, the Clippers knew they had to take over, and the young guys played a really sound brand of basketball that is wise beyond their ears. You don't typically get in the preseason, specifically from young players like this.
Speaker 2: No, a poised group who didn't make many mistakes down the stretch, who shared the basketball, who ran in transition, who played to their strengths, I mean Adam For three or four minutes there, the Clippers had Kobe Brown is their five, and it wasn't like Portland was getting offensive rebounds every single time down despite having Dwop Wreath and Jabari Walker on the floor, both guys who measure at six eleven and six nine. Kobe Brown is six to seven. But the rebounding battle was even in those minutes. A group that just played so well it seems to find their chemistry. And again, I mean we say it all the time on this broadcast now, but San Diego Clippers are going to be a show. That is going to be a fun group of G leaguers to go watch night in and nine out. How about Elijah Harkless at him up three with fifty seconds left, he cans a corner three. Talk about the gumption. He hasn't played all preseason.
Speaker 4: And he nails that one. Signed on Wednesday.
Speaker 2: So fun, Such a good environment here in Seattle, and the play really reflected how awesome these fans are because they were into it. They were into it the entire game. Such an exciting ran of basketball to watch, and they brought the energy and the intensity and I think made this feel like a regular season contest down the stretch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the young guys pulled him through the starters, though. I love the way they got this game going with those long outlet passes, dimes from James Hard and we saw one from KPJ as well. That's a style of basketball the Clippers are trying to embrace. Tonight was a good showcase of what they can be in that area.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Look, James Arden is a big Niner fan, and I don't know if he took anything from Rock Perdy yesterday he went and watched them play, but he was throwing some touchdowns that were fifty plus feet down the floor to his guys. I mean, it was impressive the dimes that he was thrown out there.
Speaker 4: I don't think anyone's.
Speaker 2: Gonna top out Donnis Williams fake shovel, no look over the shoulder through two defenders.
Speaker 4: That was absolutely ridiculous. But what just a.
Speaker 2: Clipper team that you know, we often to hear Adam and you hear this all time in preseason with every team.
Speaker 4: We're gonna try to do this.
Speaker 2: We're gonna try to play faster, We're gonna try to play better on defense, We're gonna try to push the ball. I felt like the Clippers have been talking about for the last two weeks, we want to play faster, and tonight was the first time we actually saw them make that a point of emphasis emphasis.
Speaker 4: The amount of throw ahead Kevin Love outlets we.
Speaker 2: Saw today was more than any of the previous two games combined. It was pretty fun to watch this group get out and run and they led to a lot of success. And I think you look at the tape today and you say they should play like this every single night.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this felt like a blue print to Clippers offense and what their identity is going to be this season. On that end, with James Harden in control, with athletes getting down the floor, doing a little bit of cherry picking. When you can beat your man down the floor, Jordan Miller was able to do it, and it's exciting and it's a fun brand of basketball. So we got a glimpse into the future. Tonight here in preseason game number three, as the Clippers come through with the victory Kai Jones with the game winning oop off the lab from Jordan Miller. They're victorious in Seattle one o one to ninety nine over the Portland Trail Blazers. We're back on Monday with our first basketball game at into It Dome. Looking forward to that, Clippers taking on i'd say a pretty established rival in the Dallas Mavericks. Tiptime is at seven thirty. We'll have your pregame show starting at six thirty Kylojmenez, great call as always. We'll see it into Adul Monday night, Adam.
Speaker 2: Six years the Clippers announced that they were going to build into a Dome. It's finally happening. It's finally happening. Let's go see you Monday.
Speaker 1: We've reached the Promised Land.
Speaker 2: My friend.
Speaker 1: More Clippers postgame coming up next. As they went by two in Seattle over the Blazers. I'm out of Maslin and you're listening to the Los Angeles Clippers Audio Network. Clippers went in dramatic fashion over the Portland Trail Blazers in Seattle. It was a lob from Jordan Miller to Kai Jones, one of many Clippers win one on one to ninety nine two and one so far in the preseason. They're back home for the first time at into It Dome Monday. Take it on the Dallas Mavericks. Welcome back into your postgame show. I'm out of Moslin. Still to come. We'll sort through some more of these highlights. As we may or may not have called the final play on the air, righto it went down? Not always right, but when I am you're probably gonna hear about it. It's gonna be with you guys here on the Clippers stock side on the YouTube. I'm seeing some of these messages in here. Let's talk about this postgame box score. Clippers playing more transition basketball, as I'm sure you guys took note of. They ended up with fifteen assists on their twenty two make so it was still a low scoring affair. Half court basketball left something to be desired. The Clippers shot just forty percent make it forty one percent of the floor, just thirty three percent from distance. Is my box score right? They only took twenty one three pointers. Can that be accurate? I got a double check that I'm gonna double check that right now. I think it is. I got seven of twenty one from the outside. Now, that's got to be third quarter stuff. ESPN helped me out update this bad boy, so I can give you the right information. As the Clippers were doing damage in the second half, Kai Jones, the young guys, they were finding him, Aldnis Williams, Jordan Miller, Kobe Brown, Cam Christy had a moment as soon as he got out there on the court. EJ. Harkless his defensive prowess. He came in for Bones Highland who was putting them up from three. I think he finished three of ten from distance in the ballgame. The Clippers defensively is there. You could see it with the starters. They set a tone early on. And I do have an accurate final box score. Now, yeah, I didn't buy that for a second. They were nine of thirty six from the outside, just twenty five percent. Did shoot forty one percent from the floor overall. Here's something we like. The Clippers only had twelve turnovers after about twenty each in the first two games forty combined over the first two. Much better job taking care of the basketball. James Harden still had four turnovers. But my goodness, some of those outlet passes James had to start things off to let you know what time the Clippers were on tonight, long outlet passes to Jordan Miller. He tried one to kp J. He found bones in the second quarter for a long outlet. James Harden overall, I believe, knocked down three three pointers. Yeah, three of six from distance, five of ten overall from the floor, fourteen points to five assists. Still too many turnovers, but this Clippers team, I'm not worried about James Harden in the preseason whatsoever. I want you guys to know something. Derek Jones Junior and his sixteen points, well, he didn't hit a three pointer, but he knocked down a tough one in the midi as he took his man into the key, took him off the dribble. I liked seeing that he missed another one in that area. But that's growth, I think from Dereck Jones Junior in just the array of shots he could hit. Quiet ball game overall from Terrence Man, although he might have had the first points of the game I think with the layoup, but just four points one of three five boards. That's good to see. Clippers. Overall, they did lose the battle of the board forty seven to forty three, but they matched them when it came to offensive rebounds. Both teams had ten there. Emir Coffee was also in the starting lineup tonight, third straight different starting lineup for this team. Off the bench, Jordan Miller with fifteen points and it's just light work for him. The reason he was able to get that lob off to Kai Jones is because the defensive attention went his way because he was making shots late, because he was using those left handed runners floaters. It seems so automatic from Jordan Miller. Struggled a little bit from beyond the arc, did get one of four to three pointers attempted to fall. I mentioned Bones Island overall just four of fifteen three of eleven from three did get to fourteen points. Got up fifteen shots in eighteen minutes. He was certainly aggressive out there. Kevin Pord Junior three of ten was six points. I don't think scored in the first half. The Clippers, though, they go on to win off a lob to Kai Jones from Jordan Miller with two seconds left in Seattle. They went over the Blazers by to final score one on one to ninety nine. Coming up next, more postgame highlights, more of your comments. Physical game from start to finish, says A mean a Sean on the YouTube live. I agree, they're starting to reveal their identity. You're seeing it offensively tonight. Coach Lou said, we want to play faster, we want more long outlet advance passes. They had them in spades tonight and they kept it going for four quarters. More Clippers post game next right here on the Patriot AM eleven fifty in the Los Angeles Clippers Audio Network. Welcome back into your postgame show. This is Clippers locker Room. They win one on one to ninety nine in Seattle over the Portland Trail Blazers. Gonna be with you, guys, if you're watching on the YouTube live side at Clippers Talk, appreciate you. Kai Jones the game winning oop from Jordan Miller. Guys, I've been talking a lot about Kai Jones, and the funny thing about young players is you don't know how quickly they can develop. I don't know if he's NBA ready as the backup big for the Clippers with Mobamba out currently, but he may need to be. We don't really know the status of Mobamba. Third straight game he's missed with a right knee. I want to say issue, a knee issue. I don't want to give any specifics run I don't have them yet. But kai Jones is growing leaps and bounds. You could say, from game one to Game two and then tonight in Seattle. I said in the pregame show, the Clippers have a guy that could do his own rain Man impression, his own Sean Camp impression. That's what you saw. I don't know if he said. This one was dedicated to Sean Camp, who was courtside with his lob partner, and Gary Payton, who threw many to him in Seattle. Bring back the SuperSonics please. But kai Jones ended up with just eight points. I believe all eight were dunks, four of eight, but the game winner off the pass from Jordan Miller, and I was impressed. Once again. I've been talking about this his wind, because of his cardio background, because of his track and field background. Kai Jones doesn't get tired. He played twenty eight minutes, and his final minute he looked just as Sprye, just as athletic, just as freaky with the athleticism as he did his first minute. That's special. He had five blocks. He had an emphatic one on Scoot Henderson, probably the most impressive one. Is it hard to know his potential yet because the level of competition. Yeah, it's preseason, they're playing the Blazers. He was good against Portland, or excuse me, against Portland tonight and against Brooklyn on Tuesday night. But I love the energy he's bringing. I love the spirit he plays with, and his effort was better defensively, he still had moments where he wasn't setting hard screens at all and he got lost on the defensive end. It was up and down, but mostly up ups for Kai Jones. As you would imagine, here was the final play. As I guess Carlo and I drew it up before it happened here. I'm not saying we're mensa men or anything like that, but I don't know if we had a premonition. I guess here was your final you know what, just throwing up to Sky Jones and let's get this Clippers team back into it.
Speaker 2: Until on Monday ninety nine, all the Clippers trying to come away with a win in the preseason contest here in Seattle, Williams to mbout four point two to play get in the Clippers lead. Williams gotta throw it in Fines Miller a tax to Laane Lop.
Speaker 1: Jones two point to.
Speaker 3: Play time out Portland, sky Jones with that himmer, Clippers with a lead.
Speaker 4: On ninety nine.
Speaker 1: Here's what I like. I tested out sky Jones right before it happened. Carlow us sky Jones after it happened. Beautiful call by Carlo Jimenez and a nice victory. He'll take him even the in the preseason. If you're gonna play, you might as well win. Yeah, it's a learning experience, that's what's most important. But big opportunity for the young guys, Huge opportunity for sky Jones. How can he not get the last two way contract? As you guys are replying here on the YouTube side, Mike Dang saying, sky Jones getting better each game. Last game with dunks, this game with stocks blocks, love it. Yeah, he's a tarning quickly. He's picking things up. There's a lot to iron out still, but in case of emergency, break glass right now. If Mobamba can't go I'm feeling a little bit better about sky. We're out of here, but I can do some Clippers talk after dark. If you guys want to hang around, you tell me here in the comments section. Gotta leave you on the radio side till Monday night. Clippers taking on the Dallas Mavericks and into a dome. First game there, gonna break it in seven thirty tip against Nee Dallas Mavericks, six thirty pre game. Before we get out of here, I do want to thank the Clippers organization, Ralph Laila, Bryan Seeman, no it Ego, Carlo Jimenez on the call, big Brother, Jake Warner, Katie Newton, back of the bank, our producer, the callers, the listeners, Okay, the chatters, the listeners tonight callers. Soon when we get to regular season with Clippers talk, I'm out a Maslin tak to you Monday night, head into a dome