Speaker 1: It's that time of the month. Time to get h A U D.
Speaker 2: It's the Hard Foundation Bonus episode. We're the O hosts, the Major King, met Codona, Maximum Endment, Brian Myers.
Speaker 1: And up the Silverables himself slock Clock Star. Welcome everyone to the October Bonus episode four Hard Foundation members only live on our Patreon. I am your moderator for this evening, Smart Mark Sterling Esquire, and I'm joined by the former Edgeheads or the Edge Triplets as Dan Hausen will call you first, and.
Speaker 3: The easy to think that you know me, I still get I don't know. It resonates with me when I hear that. That's all I gotta say.
Speaker 1: Hell, who are you? Who does it as a name with?
Speaker 3: I guess since I spoke first, I'll introduce myself first. I am the most professional wrestler, Impact Wrestling Star and the Scottie Pippen of Wrestling figure, collecting in the one time half one half of the youngest ww techting champions in the history of the business.
Speaker 4: Brian Myers, what's up?
Speaker 1: Nobody's nobody's been younger.
Speaker 5: I think there is there is an asterisk next to that.
Speaker 4: We'll talk about that.
Speaker 5: But I am the other Edgehead always ready, Matt Carr doing O What's up?
Speaker 1: Mark? What's up? Guys? All right, So again like we've been doing. If you're listening to this now go back listen to the other episodes if you haven't heard them, we start from the very beginnings of their career in different Q and A episodes. We spend three episodes on their developmental time. Last episode was about their time in the Edgeheads. Now we're doing post edge edge Heads for about that year. We ask you, guys, questions from the Hard Foundation members. So if you're a Hard Fundation member and you didn't ask a question, you you're missing out.
Speaker 4: Can I give a little follow up?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 5: So in one of the earlier, earlier episodes, we were discussing NYWC and becoming the nyw C Tag Team Champions, and I don't know if I said it in that episode, but I have said it before that I've been trying to track down that NYWC Tag Team title and somebody who has it contacted.
Speaker 4: Me on Twitter.
Speaker 5: Former NYWC Tag Team Champion Sither. I believe it is his name, Syther Cither Syther, He's a wrestling trainer now in Florida. And he kind of offered it to me. I don't want to get into the the details of the offer, but I had to decline, Oh two price. It wasn't a price, it was more like a favor, and I still had to decline.
Speaker 4: Oh, meet and greet.
Speaker 5: I had to decline what it was and.
Speaker 1: It was a seminar because you hate.
Speaker 3: Definitely yeah, hates helping the you know, current I actually think i'd be great not remember Taz had that finishing school.
Speaker 4: I think we should be like Broski's finishing schools. Finishing school.
Speaker 5: I couldn't teach how Brian has the patience he could teach. I could not teach somebody how to lock up, you know. I couldn't teach somebody how to grab a headlock. I could I could watch a match.
Speaker 3: For whatever reason, people have shows. People just didn't show up, injuries, sicknesses, whatever, great upro my class. There was two kids and then Max Caster rolled through. So these two kids, literally kids who've like had you know, never had a match, probably had the training session of a lifetime.
Speaker 4: Well there you go.
Speaker 3: I mean did drills with me and Castor for an hour, worked us on the fly and the tag match I mean like a i'd say, an invaluable learning experience.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like Brian Uh, you know, as a student for a couple of years, Brian's way of dealing with the impatience of the headlock and all that stuff is like, Brian, I feel like you're really good at like seeing who cares and who wants it and all that stuff, and the people that don't You just kind of like that's.
Speaker 4: The doctor Tom and me.
Speaker 3: Doctor I feel like Doctr Tom could just read a guy like this guy cares, this guy has passion, and then if you didn't like same as what you're saying, Like if you didn't, he wasn't gonna like pick on you, bully you.
Speaker 4: He's just not gonna give a fuck about you.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, nice role, Let's move on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there you go. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think that's why we succeeded so well at n YWC and in Deep South is because Mikey and Bill and Dave Taylor too, and doctor Tom uh saw that we did care.
Speaker 4: Yeah sure, and our care was like genuine.
Speaker 5: And not bullshit like I'm gonna do this better coach, like obviously.
Speaker 3: Brown knows you know, thing Like God, I always remember in obw if Al Snow made any fucking lame ass joke, sure is enough.
Speaker 4: You could set your watch to it.
Speaker 3: Brad Jake the first one, belly laughing like like Dave Chappelle was up there doing a routine like you can say, you watch too. It just brown nosy like kiss that ship like that like that. That's not what we did. We just truly like really loved wrestling and like kind of couldn't get enough, you know.
Speaker 1: All right, So, like I said, we asked uh the Heart fundage members to ask questions to us.
Speaker 5: But I haven't heard that thing that just popped my head. Okay, do we record these videos as videos?
Speaker 1: Yes, but I haven't been putting them up.
Speaker 5: We never used it, right, But like, why why doesn't d Freedom take like sound bites and making social clips that people are like, oh, I should download the pod to hear the whole.
Speaker 4: Thing, become a page. I should become a patren.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we should do that. There's some cool shit awesome because he makes great videos. Why not do it for these bonus ones?
Speaker 1: You want me to put the video up of these? Well, the actual problem was we did a lot of these like in the car, you know, so there was no videos.
Speaker 5: It's I'm not saying you have to put it up for YouTube. I'm just saying, like so deep even can make the the video to put up on social sure if we if we have it, why not put up on video?
Speaker 4: Right for the.
Speaker 1: Patriots, there's some unreal clips. I'm saying some things in some of those old episodes. A, well, we have to stuff from away. Sorry, let's set the stage before I even get to their questions. Edgeheads break up. Tell me what what happens?
Speaker 4: Well, we never break up, Okay, that's what That's why it's so confusing.
Speaker 5: He loses at Summer Slam, goes what year are we talking, gets choked slammed through the ring, I believe, right, and there's flames.
Speaker 4: He's like dead, he's in Hans.
Speaker 3: And I don't know about you, but all I remember is being backstage talking to him and saying goodbye, and he smelt burnt.
Speaker 4: I don't remember that because like he.
Speaker 3: Choked slams through the ring, he disappears and Undertaker is the thing, and like Pyro comes up from it. So he's very close to this Pyro fire and then like he's like the little bit of body hair as he had were like sings and you could like smelt burnt and we were like saying thank you and goodbye to and like whatever.
Speaker 1: It's probably like burnt hair.
Speaker 4: Yeah it was.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: At that point, we are still the tag team champions. We had won them at Great American Bash, I believe, yep on Long Island, and I remember, you know, I don't know if we talked to this last episode. I remember sitting in the bleach. Of course, you're hoping you're gonna win the titles. Of course we were sitting in the bleachers and whoever told us we were winning, like inside, I was like, yes, but.
Speaker 3: I had to play it so cool. Yeah, I think it was I think it was Findley. We were just like, okay, sounds good, sir, thank you.
Speaker 5: I feel like it it's either Hazer or or or Friendly Senator. So we are the champions.
Speaker 4: I said this bore.
Speaker 5: We never actually got proper name plates. We just had paper name plates and they never real name plates.
Speaker 4: You can't tell on TV tell on TV.
Speaker 3: I was happy when we got him Richie from Magic and I remember this, he touched them up. Yeah, live event ones at least he like touched them up, so looked nice in pristine, like he and painted all the blue detailing.
Speaker 4: In it and whatever. I thought that was pretty cool to see.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so so edges out. I thought it was an injury, but you said it was like personal time.
Speaker 3: I know for a fact he said he went to Vince and said, I'd like to have some vacation time where like my neck's not in a goddamn neck brace or my you know, my leg is broken.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm not saying that it's not sure. I just don't remember it that way. That's fine if you think about it.
Speaker 3: That was basically year that he went went so far on top, as the top in every way.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so we're kind of like, I want to say, we're worried, but I also think at the same time where everything's just going so great for us.
Speaker 4: I mean like at this at this point, it don't recall me worried at all.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Like we're the tag team champions, like we did the run in at Mania, just going to come back. We have that big edgehead three way next Mania, it doesn't happen. I remember Primo debuts like he's on Raw and then all of a sudden comes to SmackDown. We do uh impromptu like match and we lose.
Speaker 3: Okay, I have another poun memory about this day, and this might spark remember for you that day. Originally we're the tag champs and on SmackDown we're supposed to like squash like Funaki and like Jimmy Yang or something like a straight up squash match like run through these dudes. That was that when they come out of the first meeting, that's what it was. We started putting together. They come out of the next me and they're like, oh no, Primo's gonna debut with Carlito wasn't doing anything.
Speaker 4: Carlor was never on the show.
Speaker 3: He had been drafted, like in the previous night, he had never been on his hair. They like made him take the bread the braids out. He never wore those on TV. He went back to like old school Carlito. And they're like they're putting them together and they're beating you guys in a tag match, and we were like, exqueeze me baking powder. We were like, what, like just it's just then, But that's honestly, that's like one of the first times that happened to us in WW But if if you work there, you know that's like, so that's typical.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so typical.
Speaker 3: So that's what happened, and we had a match with them, and they they're great, They are awesome workers and so fun to work with. Both both those guys are tremendous and so we just did that. We put them over non title. The following week we have uh Carle Leader's Cabana and Freddie Prince Junior wrote the segment I remember, and he was really pumped.
Speaker 4: He said, like, everyone did a great job.
Speaker 3: And then we had the title match following week and we lose, and that it's basically it for us.
Speaker 1: Yes, now when you say that, what do you mean by that?
Speaker 4: What do you do?
Speaker 1: Never a period that we're doing this episode.
Speaker 5: This is like October September, September October this time period right now September of two thousand and eight.
Speaker 1: And then for the next year through two thousand.
Speaker 5: No no week then, so then it's we're still being brought to TV and I don't know.
Speaker 3: They never tell us it's over. Really, I mean, we had this weird thing where they did.
Speaker 5: But remember I remember one of us. I believe it's you. You're supposed to wrestle kung fu naky, either in a dark match or a segue match. A segway match is e CW used to be taped after SmackDown or before SmackDown, depending on where it was in the you know, in the country with the time zones. So like while they're switching the aprons and stuff like that, they would have a match just like go on there as they're like switching the fucking aprons.
Speaker 4: It was meeting.
Speaker 5: It was just so like the people had something to watch besides the crew switching the aprons.
Speaker 4: Yeah, weird, but nowadays they just do it.
Speaker 1: Do it so quick. There's a video.
Speaker 4: They play videos. Yeah, just play videos, you don't need matches. Yeah.
Speaker 5: So I remember Johnny Ace tells us that either somewhere we're gonna meet with Vince, like today, so whoa okay, So I just remember sitting outside his office like forever, and everybody like walking by and asked, like what we're doing, because like everyone knows that you're sitting outside Vince's office. I always hated that feeling, even like when you're doing it like on your own, you know, like whatever. We finally go in and you might remember but this differently than I do. But I long story short. I remember him saying, like, you guys are done as a team, and we're gonna do things with you individually, and we're gonna bring you both to Stanford and come up with new ideas for you guys as single stars. And it wasn't like it wasn't a negative necessarily.
Speaker 3: Not being a bad talk at all, just like we think it's run its course as a team and we're gonna slit you up and see what you can do as as singles wrestlers. That's all right, so cool, like at least we know what's going on. That sounds great, and then that just never ever happens.
Speaker 1: Never let me let me ask you a question here, let me butt in here, Brian, you hear this? Uh where is your headspace at? Like are you excited? Like I don't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we both were like cool, that's what vincing man slence, that's what's gonna happen, you know. I mean, so you thought like, okay, and that's this is what the next you know, evolution of our career is. But then like it was hard to like sink your teeth into and get those wheelspin because then you show up next week and it's like, okay, you have a tag magic these guys just jobbing. Okay, next week you have a tag munch of these guys and you're jobbing.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 3: One time we showed up thinking we were doing nothing and we wrestled the Triple H and Jeff Hardy on SmackDown.
Speaker 5: First of all that day, shit like that like that, like first of all that day. We weren't even supposed to be there. We just drove because it was Albany. It was a drive from Long Island. We just showed up and all of suden, we're wrestling Jeff Harty at Triple H.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 3: This was also this very crazy time period in the company where they like cheaped out and they did two Smacked On TVs a month, and they would do two episodes. They were like a double taping. And so if you weren't on live inns, which we were no longer on live events once we lost the belts, we would only work two days out of an entire month.
Speaker 5: That's that's one thousand dollars a month.
Speaker 4: And that's five hundred shot.
Speaker 3: I means we made one thousand dollars a month for like basically September October November, December, January, February of oh wait, beginning about nine but.
Speaker 5: Also but also in this time before, but before like we really had taken off the road, we were still doing things like by ourselves, and like that's kind of where like the Woo Woo and all that bs started and we were doing it on like Morrison and Missus Dirt Sheet, we were doing on a Col Cabanas show.
Speaker 4: So like like we're always trying to move right.
Speaker 5: We knew that even while we were the edgeheads, that people just saw us as the edge guys. As Sean Michaels would say, nobody knew who Zach Ryder was, nobody who Kurt Hawkins was. You'd be like walking down the hall like by yourself and someone were like, hey, guys, but it's only me. There's that you know, nobody knew who we were, so we we had to be separate and look different, and that's why eventually.
Speaker 3: My favorite was when Charlie has started his supplement company and he's pitching Brosky so hard, talking to like they're best friends.
Speaker 4: Then he's like, you know, and then he.
Speaker 3: Had to like so obviously look at his boots and be like rider like he had no idea what his name was, like get out of here.
Speaker 4: So it was definitely like a weird time.
Speaker 5: This is also the time where we're on that that tour of Mexico with the Undertaker head snap and the cell phone, and that's the real kiss of death. Not like not proven though, no no, no, no, not proven at all, but like that I felt like, yeah, it felt like it. And if you don't know that story of the story goes this is this is pre social media, pre iPhones, where like everyone was supposed to be at the monitor. Nowadays people don't even watch about it. People leave early. I'm not saying that's right or wrong, but back in the day, you were supposed to watch the monitor. Fuck how many nights in a row did we see Triple HROs Vladimir Kaslow. That's not an excuses the truth though, And like we got out our cell phones.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I was probably texting my girlfri at the time. Who knows we were doing? And Undertaker does that the head snap.
Speaker 3: I've always pleaded partially innocent in this. I swear to god, I was sitting there watching kus Off and Triple H for the fourth night in a row, just eyeballs leading, and I went to check the time. I literally just pulled my phone out and went like this, and I hear, god, damn it. And then I looked down the row and it's like Brosky clearly texting it, and Shelton Benjamin clearly texting like in a row with me, and we all kind of oh shit, and take her cut this whole promo about you know, you know you gotta want to watch the man. I mean, he's right, it's like a veteran old school thing, totally respect thing or whatever.
Speaker 5: And Mark Henry pulls his side, says, we need to apologist. Take her, take her super cool about it, says we need to apologize to the guys in the main event. I don't even know if we wented to Bladerber cause Off did.
Speaker 3: He was. He's like our buddy from DePaul. He's to drive us around like hang out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I'll never forget going to apologist. Triple Achu doesn't know what we did, so we.
Speaker 4: Have to like stool ourselves off.
Speaker 5: Oh it's his private dress room. Uh Hunter, sorry, we were on our phones during your match.
Speaker 4: And he like played off like he didn't care. But I don't think he really did care.
Speaker 5: No, no, but like it's none of this stuff did us any favors.
Speaker 1: So what makes you think it was a kiss of death? Like you just start I just.
Speaker 4: Spell like that because like we had just lost the belts.
Speaker 3: We never really got booked again after this, you know, because yeah, because then it was like where we weren't Taker cut this weird like we had like the post uh tour, like locker room toast where like normally everyone says.
Speaker 4: Oh, a great too, or a great job, but this this one Taker.
Speaker 3: Cut this like weird promo that like houses are down and we all have to like shape up and be at our best and kind of thing. It's just like a little it was I don't know, it was a lot yeah once, I guess.
Speaker 5: And like Brian said, like you know, we were we were just getting brought to random TVs to like Wrestle the Great Colleen a handicap match over Finelli and Hornswaggle.
Speaker 3: A Battle Royal, Like we just kept being booked, like we were never unbooked, and we'd say, like, what about what we talked about and then even we might have talked about this, we had we finally made them make that appointment for us to go up to Stanford.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 5: We we filmed something with my cousin, Geographena. It's on YouTube. We put it up there before where it's like, I don't know why we kept pitching it Hawkins and Riders up, but we were because we realized they weren't doing the individual stuff and so we were trying to.
Speaker 3: We were I don't think we either one of us thought we were ready, like we were still comfortable, like we were just I thought we were honestly, literally, I thought we were just clicking as a team as they wanted to break us up kind of thing, you know, just becoming you know, not green boys, and you know, on our way to becoming polished wrestlers, you know.
Speaker 4: And I still I still feel that way, sure.
Speaker 5: And and the video is up on our YouTube channel where it's essentially just me being the woo woo annoying over the top guy, and Brian is more like putting his hands in his face, like you know, hands in his hands, his pomp, his face is palm like just so like fed up, just pull off over the top.
Speaker 3: Guy in the straight guy like classic you know, comedy one on one routine.
Speaker 4: And either way you would just know.
Speaker 5: Okay, it was just a better way to separate Hawkins and Rider, because we're just two guys who kind of look like in the trunks and the the trunks and the long tights weren't the big enough difference. Weren't being a big enough difference.
Speaker 3: Also, at this time, Edge comes back of that Survivor series and like wins the belt right like the first night, and I'm like, oh, we're back together, and he's like, I think we might be. I remember him saying that too, where I thought like, Okay, we're just gonna roll back into a lot familiar.
Speaker 4: At one point I thought that was the case.
Speaker 1: It never happened.
Speaker 3: Vicky came and told us that too, and I was like, oh, okay, so this is really we're really not going to do this singles thing.
Speaker 1: So Edge was only off from summer salaminous Survivor series. Yes, okay, so real quick, Brian, what were you in your mind? Oh crap, I have to do a singles run? What what's like the first thought? Are you are you landing on this Prince of Queen's thing at all?
Speaker 4: No? Not even close. I don't remember. I just I was still so green and still trying to find myself. I had no.
Speaker 3: It was so far from my mind. And like when Vince said it was so sprung on me that I had no. I wasn't even thinking about it. You know, I wasn't even planning it. I had I had nothing.
Speaker 1: Really, you know that, BROSI you've had this club guy in your head.
Speaker 5: Well, you know, it started off as just being like the annoying guy, but then like I knew, I wanted to cut my hand and blah blah blah blah. And even the beginning of two thousand and nine, you know, whether they're not bringing us or you know, for instance, like we're in that that WrestleMania Lumberjack is like Hawkins and Rider guys. You know, like we're still a team. Then at WrestleMania, you know, in theory we might even have had an access match.
Speaker 4: Maybe not. I'm not quite sure. That's the fame? Are you kidding me? That's the famous that's yeah.
Speaker 5: Oh Jesus Christ. Okay, so we have it. We haven't had matches as a team. Okay, so now singles matches, I haven't I want to say, I want to say for it.
Speaker 3: In like oh nine, we're just like flat out like not brought to TVs unless we can drive to them. So that's like a lot of not wrestling. I've always had this thing. I mean, maybe it's from like my sports background, but I love the mark got attest to this, like for my school.
Speaker 4: I just love training.
Speaker 3: I just I enjoy it makes me feel better, it makes my body feel better, it makes me feel like mentally.
Speaker 4: Sharper about wrestling. I don't know what it is. I do not like to miss.
Speaker 3: I have to wrestle one day a week every week to stay where I want to stay. If I miss a week, which happens sometimes time, I hate it. So when we were off at all this time, I was constantly going down ywc, rolling around whatever, doing everything I could, always in the ring.
Speaker 4: So we get called for Mania a week whatever.
Speaker 3: We have all these responsibilities, access signing, access matches, and we're eventually going to be lumberjacks on the kickoff thing or whatever it was.
Speaker 4: I barely I don't even remember.
Speaker 3: But uh so, for whatever reason, the access match was Broski versus Charlie Haas with me as the valet is in during the day, maybe like a five o'clock session the eight o'clock was me vers Jimmy Wang Yang. I was like, okay, cool, and then Broski and Charlie Hass proceed to have this like epic match that I've talked about with the boys for just years since it's happened.
Speaker 5: I mean, listen, I was so blown up. And I'm not making an excuse, but I was. I was so blown up. I almost injury in there.
Speaker 1: Charlie's the funniest part spaked in injury.
Speaker 3: Charlie is in the same boat, except opposite mindset. Like Brosky's like, oh shit, I haven't wrestled, I don't want to do a loast stuff. Charlie's going he hasn't been booked either on the raw side, and he's mad and wants to like just go and like give it his all. And it's in his like hometown basically, so his family was there, and he's like pretty.
Speaker 5: A video camera is recording of this somewhere.
Speaker 3: Like click click camp, and he like he like wanted to go in, and Broskey's like okay and doesn't shut down Anyways, Charlie asked back then especially was pretty scary and like, uh, you know, Brosceley doesn't shut down. One idea goes with everything, and I'm out there with the best seat in the house, just like holy shit, because I could just tell, knowing how well I know him, that he's done.
Speaker 4: He's physically exhausted, and they have.
Speaker 5: Like been like wasn't even like only my lungs like giving out.
Speaker 4: It was the legs, dude, what your legs go? You're done.
Speaker 3: So like I see Brosky as his hold on and they aven't got to the comeback again.
Speaker 4: I'm like, he's done.
Speaker 3: He's done, Like he's barely he barely hold like a fake chin lock on Charlie House.
Speaker 4: He's so blown up, and they to do.
Speaker 3: The little comeback, which I kind of knew what it was because I was Charlie was calling it like a madman like in the back, so I knew it was something. Find out the whole jab jab jab Rocky Johnson's shuffle. That's the big one where Brosky finally bumps and then he's supposed to take off and come with something, and that starts like the bumping free of Brosiy's getting up, getting down, getting up, getting down and taking all his so he does it jab jab jab breaks the whole whatever boom, big punch, Brocey takes a nice flap back bump bump. He's laying there. Charlie takes off to hit the ropes. He runs back and Brocey's still just dead flatten the ground like hasn't moved, and he's just like I see this. He's like like he's like grab it, match, try to pick him up his hard he's getting match shoot legitimately using the ropes to get up because his legs aren't working, like he's using them like he's paralyzed, and Charlie's just speeding the crap out of him. And then like the worst part about this on top of all and I'm even at the worst part, but it added awful aspect of this match. I remember the agent was Tony Garia, who had no input, but he just goes, I would really like to see you Worley bird spot in there, which means an airplane spin, and he went and eventually Charlie gets broke me up an airplane spinning. I feed and take like the Terry Funk ladder like leg bump from Brosky, like on top of this like debacle that's going on. And then Charlie got a promo on Brosky the back for being a professional and shitty.
Speaker 4: I don't, I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't remember that point you said you embarrassed me out there, kid, I don't know.
Speaker 4: If I remember that. But anyway, long story short.
Speaker 3: I'm also I'm also like, oh shit, I gotta put up her. Shut up now, I gotta have a match too, Like tonight.
Speaker 4: Were you supposed to wrestle Jimmy Yang or Hurricane Jimmy Yang in his singles and.
Speaker 5: Then Hurricane didn't want to go to Hall of Fame, so some Hurricane told Krono he'd rather wrestle Access than go to the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 4: Got out of it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so we had a fun ass tag team match.
Speaker 4: I totally redeem.
Speaker 3: Unreal night and Day, like awesome tag match with Hurricane Jimmy Yang.
Speaker 4: It was so fun.
Speaker 3: Hurricane he actually he's the first time he's Hurricane and Gregor Helms in like years and gets this big pop and it was like, I've wrestling in Access at least back then. I can't say that anymore because now it's like a little different. Now they like make a big, you know, NXT spectacle of it. But back then you're literally just like you're almost like a farm anilyt a petting zoo, like people want to stop buying, you know, they want to stop buying check it out? Maybe so like it's never fun. This was the only time I had an enjoyable experience wrestling at Access.
Speaker 4: Huh what's that tag?
Speaker 1: All right? So help me out? When does do things change? And are we talking about that?
Speaker 5: Then there's then there's then there's the draft a couple of weeks later, and that's a shoot draft. And I remember I found out going to w E dot Com on my Razor phone that I hadn't drafted.
Speaker 1: Okay, time out, So you see this thoughts in your head? Please?
Speaker 5: Uh well, I mean I think at that time we both knew like we needed to change. Also keep in mind this now this has never been proven either, but like the program had come out for that year and we're not in it, and I was like, oh no, Like do they know we're gonna get released? Like why would we not be in the program? That was just like a little minor thing. But also at the same time, on the flip side, things like our action figures were finally starting to come out. We were in our first video game, because things are you know, always a year behind. So while we're doing nothing on TV, we get like three action figures in a row. We get the Treacher's Trio, the Deluxe Aggression, the uh maybe I think they all come out at the same time, the Microaggression, the Build Unbrawler. So in like that sense is like a cool, like career high, but like the reality is, you know, you're not to shit on TV and not even getting brought to TV. Yeah, and you're not making money.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So Brian, where do you go in this draft?
Speaker 3: I stayed on SmackDown technically okay, big big technically bomb in that one.
Speaker 1: So where do things go for you? Brosky? Right away?
Speaker 5: I remember ed Koski was the right on ACW. I think like we had pitched him this this video when we showed it to him, him and Dave Kapoor. I remember one or the other or both when we went to the office at one time.
Speaker 4: Uh and he.
Speaker 3: Side note that meeting. When we go to Stanford, we never get into see Vince we seek, yeah, we never see show him this video. And all I really remember is, uh, we were sat in Coronto's office forever and there was a stack of like DVDs and TVs and stuff, and it literally said like Ricky or Tz ECW match and had just happened. And no one really knows this because it's edited off TV, but there's like a six man on ECW and Ricky Ortz I think does the worst springboard in the history of pro wrestling. And we just kept watching it over and over with Coronto like having a blast, like like that's all I really remember about it, like you know, relive in that again.
Speaker 5: Right, So everything kind of once I got drafted, I think within the week or two, I'm on TV right away as the new character. I didn't even have new gear the first the first week, I'm wearing the gear that I wore at that WrestleMania Battle Royal, which essentially my regular gear is a different color. And I went to Express or I had an Express, you know the store. Express had the pop collar dress shirt. I had like a headband that was like a Meyer and Matthew's purple headband. And I cut my hair and and that was it. It was The Woo Woo guy did a backstage thing on ECW with Tiffany, the general manager, kind of saying who I was, and then I wrestle Finley that night on Superstars, and at the time Superstars it wasn't like the total Jabron show, yet it was still like part of the storyline. So I lose my debut match against Finley. I lose, and then he takes my only headband and throws it into the crowd. So I need to take the still photo. So the still photo from my debut I'm wearing an MVP headband.
Speaker 4: Just the other way. You know, you don't see the logo fun fit act.
Speaker 1: So tell me about the hair like I hated.
Speaker 4: No. No, I went to Michael the barber, like the day before.
Speaker 1: How do you know that you can now you have the permission to go do this.
Speaker 5: I asked, Okay, I said, can I cut my hair?
Speaker 1: Yes? Once you got drafted, get drafted from me. You know you're split. Can I cut my hair?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I hadn't asking before, but the answer was always no because I knew like I wanted to be like this, this character because at this time we're not being brought to TV. So really I'm just being a delinquent with my friends, going out, like to the bars and the clubs of Long Island. New York City all the time, and I'm basing this character off people I hate, like the douchebags who are out there with the popped up the collar and the song like essentially Jersey Shore before it was Jersey Shore on TV, like it was a real thing on in Jersey, New York, Long Island. I just wanted to be that because I knew I hated it, and I knew I could be it and make people hate me.
Speaker 1: Hmm, all right, so Brian, where do you? What do you do from here?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 3: Like, like I said, I had no clue who I was as a singles wrestler or what I was going to do, And then the creative didn't either like nothing was brought to me or they had nothing for me. And I stayed on SmackDown, but I still had no travel, so I was not going.
Speaker 4: To TVs or doing anything.
Speaker 3: There was a SmackDown at the garden where I remember I just showed up and I like talked to my Glaiz and like try to get some answers, and I could tell there was nothing happening, and that this lasted for about I want to say, only like two three weeks, and I saw the riding on the wall, and I was like, well, I've been around long enough to see that, like this is like.
Speaker 4: The beginning of end for people.
Speaker 3: And to be honest, I was getting very confident as a wrestler at this point, you know, like my confidence had really grown, my arrogance had really grown.
Speaker 4: And I was like pissed off.
Speaker 3: So I called Johnny East and I said, like I understand, Like you know, he even said to me like, well, nobody thinks you suck or anything like we don't want to fire you or we and we don't want to send you to developmental or anything like that.
Speaker 4: But I said, but I'll just go.
Speaker 3: I said, I'm you know, I'm twenty four, I'm single, Like I don't own a house.
Speaker 4: Like, I'll just go. I said, I'll just go to Florida.
Speaker 3: If they have nothing for me, at least I know there, I'll be on TV every week, I'll get my reps. I'll work and you guys will see me and see me grow, and you know, I'll figure it out. And uh so that's why I told him, and he's like fine. But then that also because I wasn't being sent there, I didn't get paid to go there. For a full year, so I had to live off my savings and uh the money I earned in the edge head run.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so but what at what point are you in FCW, like moved in and who.
Speaker 3: I go so that that draft is like April, I want to say I drove or maybe I just flew and I went for a month and I lived with Trumperetta and his Uh well it's not even a one bedroom what's that like a what's that called a studio apartment? I lived with trimprad for a month and I went like, got it situated, signed the least or whatever, went back, and then I drove down and really moved moved and we got like a new meet him, got a nice two bedroom apartment to share, and that's ow it all.
Speaker 4: And it was one of, if not the you know.
Speaker 3: Besides, you know, marrying my wife is one of the best decisions in my life. For sure, saved my career, altered me as a pro wrestler, just you know, it was the right thing to do because I didn't.
Speaker 4: Know who or what I was as a singles wrestler, and.
Speaker 3: Then this way I really found out, you know, and I stayed like I think trust me. I know, even people in the company were like, holy shit, I can't believe you did that. You know, even Johnny aces like we don't think you suck, like we don't want you to go, like we're not sending you there. I'm like, all right, I'm just gonna go and I'm going to out wrestle everybody and out shine these dudes that you signed that you think are going to be something and leapfrog them. And that's eventually what I did. You know, it was a great idea, right all.
Speaker 1: Right, let's put a pin in me asking you guys questions. So we've set the scene big time right now on what sort of happened for at least that first half. Let's ask you guys some questions from the people, and then if there's any holes there, I will I will finish us up. John Fisher, did you notice anyone in the company, wrestlers or otherwise treating you differently backstage after the breakup?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: Uh, not with each other From Edge for sure, I felt like you're like out of sight, out of mind, jabrown to people instead of like Edges guys and tag team champions.
Speaker 4: You do feel a difference there.
Speaker 3: You know where where Michael Ays might just walk past you the hallway instead of acknowledge you.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, but none of the boys. Not the boys now, because then we'd already won that won the boys over. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah for sure.
Speaker 5: Like Michael Hayes is like I like Michael Hayes. I have nothing bad to say about him, but like he's really into you if the company is and he's not into you the companies now.
Speaker 4: Yes, agreed, agreed, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Jared Saidwick, we know Broski becomes a woou guy in ww ECW. Was there a gimmick that Brian wanted to use but never got the go ahead to do so from Vincent Creative? So we just talked about it. But was there ever a gimmick that you sort.
Speaker 3: Of show when I when I got right to uh FCW is also right when uh Lance Archer got there, and.
Speaker 4: I'm like, this dude's money's big.
Speaker 3: I already knew, you know, Johnny As and Vince Love big dudes like this is gonna work out. And that show Rock of Love was on TV and I would watch it from time to time, So I wanted to be Brett Michaels like the love lorn and he was like my security, my bodyguard, like a basically a Sean Diesel thing, and I pitched that, you know, and that was like what I wanted, which is nuts because we eventually, you know, it got shut down and no, no, no biers on that. But like a year later we got called up together as at Tag team, literally out of thin air.
Speaker 4: So I thought that always that was kind of funny.
Speaker 3: But I thought it was kind of a funny gimmick that I'm like looking for love and I had this like necklace with like a heart on it that I was supposed to post to give the girl, like when I find the diva that I you know, I I choose or whatever, and I get caught, you know, messing around on an other be very entertaining.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's funny. That's cool. I never even heard that ever. I know, Nathan Ramos, If y'all are able to pull back the curtain a bit, how far in advance were you were y'all told about winning the tag titles for the first time, and was there any nerves going into that match knowing y'all are going.
Speaker 5: Over minutes, I mean not minutes like that earlier in that day before we were going over it.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 5: I remember the night before wherever we were, we had like a run through the match, and obviously we didn't win, yeah, which melbody, but you know that finish wasn't going to be different.
Speaker 3: But that made me way more comfortable because we like did it already, so it was like almost like a dress rehearsal, you know, with a slightly different twist. So like that did take a lot of the nerves out of it. Also, going first always like feels easier, you know, and so that anticipation, like the show is going on and you're just waiting, and you're that fucking excite, that excitements like in your belly, like I love wrestling so much, I just want to do it and get it over with.
Speaker 4: Like that that waiting kills how many times am I going to go over the goddamn matching? My head?
Speaker 3: That too, that too, and then you start like playing games in your mind and it's just like let's go, man.
Speaker 1: Let me let me go first and eat that catering Matthew Manasis. After reaching such a high and an early part in your career and plummeting shortly after, did you feel like that was it for you guys in the wrestling business.
Speaker 5: Oh man, Like listen the weird little at that the year before we're main eventing. We're running in the main event Edge was Undertaker as the Edge has I'm thinking, all, funck, Well, next year we'll bring up We'll be the edgeheads like Explode. But no, we're lumberjacks in the fucking pre show. Like what a fall from Grace?
Speaker 4: It was bad.
Speaker 5: Uh, we didn't give up, you know, but it's like, what can you really do? But that we made all those videos, we were pitching it. We were trying this stuff, you know, and thank you like Ebana and Misson Morrison for letting us be on their their web shows, But like, what else can.
Speaker 4: We really do?
Speaker 5: I mean, I get like we weren't being brought to TV.
Speaker 3: I'm this may sound nuts, but I've always been very grateful for the highs and lows of that I've experienced in wrestling, because he makes you appreciate them all. You know, you're not like some spoiled baby who's you know, only been pushed to the moon by ww and paid all this money. You know, it really helped us build like character as wrestlers. As men makes you appreciate, you know, the little things, the big things and all that. I think it's just has given me a better peace of mind. And yeah, and I'm also a very big Everything happens for a reason guy, So you know I agree too, and.
Speaker 5: You know to that point, like of course, do I wish I was always like a in a better spot and you know I made all his money. It was all the pay per views and like sure, sure, but like on the flip side, every like title everyone was like a moment and was like a literally like scratching claw friend, like people remember and you know, like whether it was like that US title win after the YouTube show where that I see a mania or when we won you know, MetLife, like those were like not more than just title wins.
Speaker 4: They were like moments.
Speaker 5: I feel like I feel like they were so big because other people.
Speaker 3: Really, I don't think people are going up to like Godfather or like ten Zi being like, man, I remember when you won the icy title. I'll never forget it, you know what I mean? Like, yeah, they did that and it was accomplishment. But like I do feel like ours meant something when they happened, and there were moments.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think our first tag team title win was a regular like TENSEI Godfather win, but like, I.
Speaker 4: Don't know what I think. So in our hometown and the open.
Speaker 5: For us, it was special, But like I don't think anyone really.
Speaker 1: As a fan, I agree with Broski on this one, but I think I think I forgot that you guys even won the titles when we first started doing.
Speaker 3: Force is a big Deal's let's say it's in between the Mania moment and Baldough winning the Icy title was definitely yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean I look at it right now, like I got it like that the Ted team title, my dad go out of me, like in a custom.
Speaker 1: Shadow box.
Speaker 4: That year for Christmas. I'm I haven't hang on my wall right here.
Speaker 3: And I love that belt, that belt like you know Edge had and Eddie Garo had and just you know it's it's rending Free had it and we are. We are combined age. We have the youngest tag team champions and.
Speaker 4: That's the asterist combined age.
Speaker 3: I believe there's younger people like Renee de Brie was younger and he is younger, but there's someone, oh Dominic.
Speaker 4: Almost really screwed us. But it's combined age. It's combined age. Yes, yeah, okay, yeah, yeah, all.
Speaker 1: Right, Michael Lpuma. Were you guys more excited or nervous to be on your own?
Speaker 5: I think at that point both, yeah. But I think at that point we had been like dicked around for like almost six months. It was like, all right, let's let's let's fucking go, and somethings gotta change.
Speaker 3: The other thing is, like I said, I think we're both like gaining confidence as wrestlers. But also, as we said, we both have never ever been singles wrestlers. Never like there's a handful of literally probably.
Speaker 1: Like Broski had that run in w t W.
Speaker 3: Well professional as a trained wrestler, I want to say we' I would say we each had less than five five or less singles matches to our name at this.
Speaker 4: Point, probably no more than ten. No way, no way.
Speaker 1: Wow, that is insane, I know.
Speaker 4: So yeah, so that was a big like learning curve for sure.
Speaker 1: All right, Joey beans, did you want to feud with each other? If you did, would you guys have wanted edge involved somehow?
Speaker 3: I think at that time it was no, there's no steak in us, So what's the point of fuding. I yeah, I knew that when I.
Speaker 5: Became the Woo guy, I needed to be as different than Edge and Zach Ryder as an edgehead and curt Angs as possible.
Speaker 4: So I cut my hair.
Speaker 5: I had the one legged tights, you know, the colorful outfits, the sunglasses, all that, because I knew that if people didn't know my name was Zach Ryder, they were, oh, that's the guy with the one legged tight So that's the guy with the headbander.
Speaker 4: That's the guy the woo who doesn't woo woo. You know.
Speaker 5: I just needed to separate myself from the edgeheads and and Edge because it worked, but it ran its course and it was over and I just had to be totally different.
Speaker 3: I used to think about that when we were on the indies. I'd be like, oh, man, you know, when we break up and we have like this dreaming and raven type feud. I used to think about that. But in the other runs never because they never got to that point.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 5: I think the last run could have maybe gotten there, but not like at the point it was at.
Speaker 4: No Edgeheads run certainly not.
Speaker 3: Definitely not and definitely not anything major brothers or you know, yeah.
Speaker 1: Stand bor, was there a point where you guys were really trying to separate yourselves from each other? If so, what were some of your initial ideas? So, like, I mean we kind of talked about this.
Speaker 4: I mean, watch the video on YouTube.
Speaker 3: It really it's really that's like our biggest attempt. It was me switching the trunks, him staying along, tights not matching.
Speaker 4: I kind of like that.
Speaker 3: We never matched as a tag team except the edge stuff. Yeah, you know, by accident. Maybe a couple of times we've had like colored gear, but not you know, all.
Speaker 1: Right, Richard Grimes, is this When Brian started using the cane, I always thought that was a cool touch. Added how did he come up with that?
Speaker 4: So that's not really so uh, that's this is what the cane is. About.
Speaker 3: A year and a half later and I've tagged with Archer and then I started to tag with I Do Nothing, and then I tagged with Rex, and I just got so infatuate with Brian Pillman, like loose Cannon era stuff, and that's all I would watch and I was like obsessed, and I just loved that moment when he debuts in the cyn the lights are off and then he's just standing there with the cane, and I thought that was just really cool and unique.
Speaker 4: And what I was.
Speaker 3: Really looking for the total origin of the cane besides that is I just wanted something to differentiate me, like I was the white guy with the cane, you know what I mean, Like there's just like as.
Speaker 4: This two by four.
Speaker 3: You know, I forethought, like people have done this for the history of time, Like why can't I be the cane guy?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 1: Yep?
Speaker 3: That was it. It's what you remember. You know, Coco had the bird, Hawkins said the cane. That was That was what I was trying to do.
Speaker 1: All right, here's a good one. Brian Doposo. Well, I'm sure the objective was sustaining at WWE once the edge heads were split and you guys were shoveled down the card to do either of you keep an eye on any indies slash TNA slash, try and make any contacts to set something up.
Speaker 5: In case Nope, no's weren't what they ought. You can't you couldn't like make a living on the indies back then, especially with not off the names that we had.
Speaker 4: Not enough.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But on the flip side of that, I literally, okay at this point when I go to FCW's when i'd like really discover PWG for the first time, and Trent and I got so into it, and we would order it from High Spots the DVD every month, and like Tyson Kid would come over and we'd hang out and wah and Johnny Curtis Fandango and we'd all just hang and watch. Always watch that. I've always up until honestly, like like four three or four years ago, I was always our way from day one, watched everything. See I don't think I've ever missed impact in like twenty years, like I've been a fan or at least like fouled the product for twenty years as well, just because I just love wrestling. I love it in all shapes and size, this kind of thing. So I'm always aware of that. I wasn't thinking of like politically, where my friends were and if I could get in places I don't know.
Speaker 4: I wasn't even really thinking about that.
Speaker 1: Right Sam a yacht. What is the vibe like in the locker room back then? Do wrestle, do veterans sit with veterans or is everyone close? Were there any fights or tense moments you guys witnessed.
Speaker 5: I think this is about like the changing of the guard time, you know, where the guys like Holly and jbl are starting to kind of leaving, you know, it's trying to go. Yeah, so this is definitely like the hour, like eight oh nine is kind of like the changing of the guard.
Speaker 3: You know, it was fun, man, We had that year on the road with Edge and and you know, post Edge was an absolute blast and it was a party.
Speaker 4: It was fun. It was you know, good camaraderie.
Speaker 5: I made some bad decisions Ed Jimmy wad Yag and Super Crazy and Brian Ketdrick.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's fun. It's a fun time.
Speaker 1: We're young, all right, JUNIORI Boyd written very weirdly. But do you guys think that there was some more juice left in the law familiar thing with like the team holding all the gold and all that.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, yes, And the Edge nothing to really do with Matt and I, but Edge and VICKI that angle of itself was unbelievable and had so much legs that that.
Speaker 4: Could have kept going for who knows, you know, I.
Speaker 3: Always, looking back, the biggest thing we should have put pushed for a T shirt and had like a logo Yeah, yes, you need a big, big, big mistake that I don't know the way I kind of am.
Speaker 4: But Broski really is like how we didn't think of that? I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Andrew King, was it an easy or hard decision for Matt to cut his hair short after being long for years? Did he have to push more? We already talked about that.
Speaker 3: But I hated long haird only some of the wet some of the ugliest long hair in the history of the business. And there's that picture of us, like brutally hungover at that access where he wrestled Charlie Haas that surfaced in the Facebook group, the Patreon facebook group and the comments on I just have run wild and it's all about Broski's hair because it literally like it's.
Speaker 4: All like dehydrated.
Speaker 3: It looks like a mullet almost like it hated So what was.
Speaker 1: Your what was your hairstyle? Like you're just going out, so it's not wet, So what would you do?
Speaker 5: I'd have to like slick it back and like the mand bun, but not like this wasn't like man bun, like brock leslar man bun, it was like like all the way in the back, man bud, like fordy tail, but like tuck that tail.
Speaker 1: Yes, man, Christy Giovanni, what I did? Dias? Was there any so that we haven't talked about? Were there any more ideas.
Speaker 4: That you pitched? I don't think then that we missed.
Speaker 1: Here's a fun question. I love this. Aaron Ortiz Brian, what was it like working with Vance Archer aka Lance Archer? What have you seen Archer improve on other than his hairstyle since the time period with you?
Speaker 3: Actually his current hair. I don't know how he lives his life with that neon red rattail. Holy smokes. I love tagling him. I thought we really clicked. I just like that. I never I never got it. This is over ten years now, dude, Like this is how it went in my head. I've done like if just about then a year in FCW, Johnny East calls me and he basically plays me like works me. He's like, you know you're doing good, and we see potential and everyone loves you, and you know we'll eventually find something for you. So I want to get you his new contract. It had like a smidge of a bump in the money and I have for three more years whatever blah blah blah, and I was like, okay, cool. I was just grateful for it. And then next week I got called up, so he knew I was getting called up and he wanted to get me while I was like powerless, which completely worked business one on one. That's Johnny as is therefore got me. I re signed and then just had to know whether there like we're gonna put you with Archer and you're gonna be a team.
Speaker 4: We're like okay, and then we're like.
Speaker 1: And you knew him because you were training with them and all that.
Speaker 3: He had come to FCW, he got randomly called up ato ECW and like fizzled out very quickly as the singles, and then I think they decided to put us together like which I loved, and I liked him as a dude. You know, we were friendly enough and he was doing nothing, and then I was it was getting me out of develop mental so I was pumped. And then you know, this is not my pitch nothing. We're running through top guys, like we beat Matt already and Christian, We're jumping guys, beating MVP.
Speaker 4: Like doing all this cool stuff.
Speaker 3: Or like, I want to say, a month and then we had this like stinker match with MVP and JTG and it just and that was on Superstars and it just died, like just died, died dead.
Speaker 1: What was bad about the match?
Speaker 3: It's not really the it's just not a good match. It's not like it's not like a it's not buff Booker t end of wsw on raw thing like it's just just wasn't great. I liked, I said, I don't have the answers, and I've never got the answers, and I don't know what that'll happen. I always thought that some of the producers didn't dig Archer and they were always like, not really in his corner was my thought. I have no proof of this, nothing really, but that's the sense I felt. And they split us for no reason one day and then he was fired like very shortly after they kept me so and I think that's when the good Karon Hawkins is a good hand ish kind of begins good hand walking.
Speaker 1: Okay, so but okay, watching him now, has he even proved on anything? Like what are you like? Oh damn cool?
Speaker 3: I love the way it's now like super aggressive and you know, completely revamped what he was.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: It's funny, like if you know Lance, he's like ridiculously nice. So to see him on television and play that guy that's supposed to be like this menacing psychopath. That's me and everybody. He's a big, big, you know, change, So it's cool to see. I'm happy for him, happy for his success. Dude, he's being at this for a long time. He's gotten up there in age. He's got an awesome look now. I mean, I'm happy for his success.
Speaker 5: And he moves so well for somebody who's a so big and not that he's so old, but like he's not a young dude. Definitely pretty moves just as well as he did ten fifteen years ago, and I think he looks better.
Speaker 3: I'm back to the beginning. I love tagging with him. I thought it was fun as hell. I loved the dynamic, big guy, little guy like we would do live events ruled he used to.
Speaker 4: He had the tramp stamp back then, and that was like instant heat man. Everywhere we went.
Speaker 3: It was so fun, like they were trying tramp damn tram stamp and I go up behind and hike up his pants and go shut h shushit. It was just like it didn't matter where we were. If they didn't who we were, boom you got him like it was so it was fun man, it was really funny. He was right cool to like something Brusky never likes to do with me, like go over stuff or like come up with new moves and stuff like shit like that.
Speaker 4: He was like super cool about everything, and we really enjoyed it. It was just so so short lived, Joseph.
Speaker 1: After the breakup, was there any effects on your collecting habits? Was it something that became secondary to focusing on your career?
Speaker 4: Both? This is when this it's just.
Speaker 5: Because because Jack's loses the license. So here's the deal. Jack's loses the license, matel takes over. We heard through the grape vine that we were I'm sure never even got the prototype stage that we were supposed to be in the first two back, but we're not.
Speaker 4: In the like why is it the word escaping me?
Speaker 3: We were in the like the list, right, Yeah, so that's that's right.
Speaker 4: So then when those lineup we made, we made the lineup, right, But.
Speaker 5: Then when the when the actual figures come out, it's like such a year behind that like the writings on the wall that oh my god, there's no way they're getting the MATEL figure me anytime soon.
Speaker 3: I'm in f C W know and it's not even on the table. And also like Jack's, we knew Jack's was done because we were like, you know, hip to the industry and what's going on, and like.
Speaker 4: That last year of Jack's is I mean, no, no deco.
Speaker 3: It's not even worth collecting or looking for, you know, So like it was over man beside, I remember the last thing I got excited about was getting uh Tyson kids first action.
Speaker 4: Figured that was it. I mean, then it was over for me.
Speaker 5: And one thing that sucked for us is that we I mean we do have the the sample of it and the handpaint of prototype. We were supposed to have uh A two pack of us in the gear where we won the take team titles. This was some of the kids tag team title Walmart exclusive and it gets cut. But the good news is we got the prototype.
Speaker 4: Did we get the handpain the one or just a sample both? I have both. I'm looking at my collestion. I don't know where my prototype is. I have both.
Speaker 3: I have I have and I have two samples, like, oh, I might have sold the other second sample actually recently. Yeah, I don't know what I'm collecting at this point. Second, like I was really into like wrestling DVDs.
Speaker 5: I'm like, so I'm not defeated by the business in any like like way, shape or form, but it's like I'm not like overly positive and loving it that I want to be buying the toys, if that makes sense.
Speaker 1: After the Edgehead's run was over, where there are more people in the locker room that knew about your collecting habits and were accepting of them. So around this time was that coming out or I don't not really, that didn't come for later years.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, I don't even I still at this one. We're not just talking about that, okay for sure, not not amongst casuals. Like our closest friends obviously know because if they travel with us, they'd know it. It's like to like stop and look for things and whatever, you know, that kind of thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, I know you guys have talked about this like that you thought that this would happen. But Russ Linderman asks, were there any plans ever discussed for a feud with edge or Chavo like anything out loud between anybody other than the two never Brian chairs, did you guys keep in touch with Edge after the breakup? I know you guys still talk today, but immediately after the split, was he still available for you guys to talk and get advice from.
Speaker 3: I mean, he's right right there with Brosky unless he's on raw. But now, oh, you know what, he tears his achilles and I like hang out with him in his house all the time because he lived in Tampa and that's where FCW was. Uh So the summer, early summer of nine, he tears his achilles and he's like out out for a good while.
Speaker 1: Achilles is a bad injury, It's.
Speaker 4: A bad sports injury.
Speaker 3: So then he would invite like me, Trent and like Canlacroft over, like all the time.
Speaker 4: We'd go watch all the papers at his place.
Speaker 3: Was it was like I got even closer to him, believe it or not, in the move.
Speaker 4: It was really crazy.
Speaker 1: And now he does our show opening every year.
Speaker 4: It's true. Yeah, it's a tradition. Tradition.
Speaker 1: Anthony Diaz, How was it working with Chavo Guerrero. Any advice he gave you? Guys, we did that awesome interview with him recently.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I love Java. I think that was a year ago, b year ago. I don't know if he's.
Speaker 5: Ever given us like, you know, I can't think of one thing that he has said specifically, but just being around him, you know what. Fuck I'll say this, and this is not something he ever said, but he on tour would bring so much different gear, like different tights for every night of the loop, and that's something that stuck with me. I think it's just very professional.
Speaker 3: Java was always a good dude. Uh, fun to be around, takes his shirt off a lot. Yeah, life of the party of those he's life for the party type of guy. Yeah, for sure, I love you.
Speaker 4: That's interesting. I just did a Gallos.
Speaker 3: Show with him and he was awesome to be around and in great shape.
Speaker 1: So well. He thought my tie holder was very o CD, like I bring my ties in a tie case. Anthony Diaz, Oh no, that was him. Uh. He asked how where the Zach Ryder character was inspired from? But we don't even talk about that. All right, let's finish this out. Did Yeah, we already talked about that. Okay, what's like the close off to this period in your mind. What what where are you? Guys? I'm so brosky. You're on ECW. You get some some notable.
Speaker 5: Feuds, like it does so much for me, and I feel like that could be its own like episode because you know the Rory Fox incident, you know wherever boff is tights, you know. Then I get put in these matches with Christian, then I get I get trusted with a microphone, and it gives me the confidence, you know to cut these these live promos and stuff like that. And then also to the wrestle guys like Christian, uh who a not only one of the best wrestlers, like of all type of one of my favorites for sure, and like that first match that I have with him, like, oh my god, I am so blown up and he's absolute probaly can carry me through. And we talked about like not having singles matches and then I'm doing a couple of squashes and then I'm wrestling in the World champ you know, so if he get.
Speaker 4: From three segs or whatever, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: So so the LIX, So why don't we button that and then the next show we'll talk about sort of ECW two, the the YouTube show, and then Brian, how do how will we get closing out this? When do you get called back up?
Speaker 3: It's like the same time twenty May of twenty ten, and then if you do a year from that, that's about when you start the show.
Speaker 4: And I think we're both un raw at that point we get both.
Speaker 5: Because what happens is, you know, the ECW run is great, but like, uh, there's so there's so much like starting stuff. Like there were times where I tell like, oh my god, like I'm gonna win this ECW title, like legit, like like this could actually happen, like I retire Tommy Dreamer, like things were going great. Uh, and then I'll never forget Johnny Ace pulls the whole ECW roster aside. It says like ECW's is dead next week.
Speaker 4: What then they start.
Speaker 3: Were being there being like well that's weird. There was this weird meeting because that on s back down.
Speaker 4: So I was there.
Speaker 5: And there's no but when did you debut again May twenty ten? Yeah, but you weren't on Smackdad yet because this is like January ten, Tuary.
Speaker 3: Remember they sent me to Rumble just to do like photos and stuff. I think it was that weekend. I know you're saying it because that's how NXC starts, like in February.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's interesting.
Speaker 5: That's why then I get, you know, all the success that I had on E c W. You know, now I moved to raw and this expression, you know, I hate using it, but it's it's true.
Speaker 4: I was a big fish in.
Speaker 5: A small pond on EA c W and then I moved to raw and I just got lost in the shuffle instantly, you know.
Speaker 4: Of course, It's just it's just was unfortunate. It's just one of those things.
Speaker 1: So and the first time you're back, Brian, is that failed run with.
Speaker 4: Archer, the bizarre Archer tag run.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you go back after that?
Speaker 4: Or you're then I'm up till like IET fired two years.
Speaker 5: Okay, so then you're you're not at that. You're not at that WrestleMania, right, Brian, Dude.
Speaker 4: That was wild, Like papaupar I can tell you about that.
Speaker 3: So in my WW run, my friends, my like like civilian friends as I would call them, like high school buddies like Papa Bear and stuff would come to WrestleMania. So the first year was Orlando, and like I said, I'm twenty two, twenty three, like single, Like this is like a destination like awesome thing for me and all my friends in my family too. So that one, you know, we do Orlando, then my friends going to Dallas or we're not sorry Houston, So this one is Phoenix and I'm in FCW, but I'm like, but I'm still a main roster guy and I stillot that was responsibilities in that contract. So I was like talking to the office like am I going?
Speaker 4: Am I going?
Speaker 3: I never got a straight answer, and then like man, like I want to say three or four days before they're like you're not needed for access or whatever, You're not going. So I had like call my buddies and be like, bro, we got to change your tickets to TAMP And then it was a very light week of like FCW duty's because like most people were at Mania or whatever, you know, Hall of Fame a lot of stuff. So we just had the best time, like Raged with Johnny Curtis and Tampa went out every night.
Speaker 4: It was so fun.
Speaker 3: I had like very fond memories of it, like like an awesome time ended up being. But that's so I missed the Mania and that's not the first time I missed Mania the Daniel Bryan Yere thirty. I was also under contract and they just did not bring me like the ultimate, the ultimate piece of shit feeling. I could do that.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that was before you got fired and I get fired like a month or two later for the first time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that Mania.
Speaker 5: I'm in the Battle Royal and I last to the final two with Yoshi Tatsu and he wins.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So what do we want to do for the next one? Do we do?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I feel Brian gets called up to like where when it gets swir dish.
Speaker 4: I feel like too much.
Speaker 5: I feel like we're I feel like now we're too separate where it's like it's too separate and you're in cringing on his other podcast, Like I think like I think, yeah, I think we did it. I mean I think we started.
Speaker 4: We did it some new concepts.
Speaker 1: Because like there's no name Mark Malibu, next time mark Malibu.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is your life. I mean.
Speaker 5: The only thing I can think of is if you like press fast forward on your remote and you go to how we start as a team again.
Speaker 1: Could do that.
Speaker 4: I'm sure people have interested in that.
Speaker 1: That's so fresh in people's brains. I bet you they have tons of questions.
Speaker 5: Yeah so, I mean, and that could be since the run wasn't that long, it could be the entire run from from doing.
Speaker 4: Nothing to get fired.
Speaker 5: Sure, yea, that there's really no reason to do like what did you do this week?
Speaker 4: Brian, what do you do this week?
Speaker 5: It's like, yeah, this was this was the story of us together and this is kind of how we went our separate ways.
Speaker 3: Not not to mention he has like the writer revolution going on, and I'm like, wrestling, JTG and Superstars is not really much to.
Speaker 4: Like to talk about to compare it to you.
Speaker 5: Know, I think these episodes are really cool and it's like a history lesson is a trip down memory lane, and I think, you know, I do think we can revisit because it's definitely things we didn't talk about, especially Deep South. Goddamn, it's fucking insane went down there. But uh yeah, this this this breaking up of the edgeheads, it was. It was bittersweet, of course, you don't want to lose, you know, like that spot being with the world champion and then.
Speaker 3: When you're young and that green like I remember just thinking this is never going to end kind of thing, you know. That's the way I did feel about it. So it was it was a good life lesson, you know, blessing in disguise. Well, I got a year of tutelage from the American Dream Dusty Roads that was invaluable and instilled the confidence in me to talk, which is something we basically never did, you know something it was that was a tool that I needed in my tool belt badly and didn't even realize. And I got, like, you know, the best education you can get. Yeah, for sure, I'm super grateful for that. That's another thing that altered my career. And then on the flip side, where Brosky's like he's wrestling Christian you know some of the best wrestlers of the world.
Speaker 4: I'm the opposite.
Speaker 3: I'm wrestling you know, David David o'tanga in his third match, Ye had the Bray Wyatt and Bo Dallas in their fifth match, like trying to pull like I learned in that sense, like trying to pull something out of these super young, you know, green guys, like trying to you know, bring them up to my level, which wasn't much.
Speaker 4: But still higher than what they were.
Speaker 3: You know, that's another stepping stone of like my learning is like a wrestler, you know, being in those situations. Yeah, and then on the flip side, eventually I got to like, you know, I wrestled Brian Danielson and Loki and all these like pretty crazy, awesome, big time matches.
Speaker 1: All right, well, great job guys, thanks for asking us questions this month, and we'll be back next month with I joined your lives at this point, so I'll remember some of these.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're in some of this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, all right, thanks guys.
Speaker 4: See it.
Speaker 2: How shock
Speaker 4: The Tap