Speaker 1: All right, coming up on the show, let's see here. I will tell you I normally cringe and don't want anything to do with uh. Watching the White House Press briefing, I get used to that. That was okay yesterday, substantive questions, no gotcha stuff. We's screaming nobody, Uh, turning it into like their own little I don't know how to describe it, their own little get famous moment. Right, all the cameras are on me. I gotta go ahead and do stuff now. It was just just good stuff.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: It was bring your bring your kid to workday, or actually it was more specifically bring your son or daughter to workday, which you know means something because you're kind of assigning genders there. And that carried over to the White House Press briefing room, where frankly, I'm okay with this.
Speaker 3: Bobby Lynn.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you get miked up there, Pumpkin, gotta get miked up. What are you doing? Your parents teach you nothing? Oh, you got a cute question. You gotta get the mic near you so we can hear what you're saying. I'm sorry, I'm sorry, go ahead and ask your question.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Bobby Lynn, how many people has he.
Speaker 1: Fired a lot.
Speaker 3: So many far, actually, we have not had anyone fired, with the exception of one individual who did leave their job.
Speaker 1: Because they were leaking information and they're literally a trader in Washington. Is that what you mean, Bobby Lynn, Is that why you're asking it? Wasn't your mom your dad? I don't even know who your parent is. They should probably be fired calling themselves a journalist working in the White House press briefit. This is why you couldn't have me do it, because I'd be honest with these little, uh little rug rats. I'm sorry anyway, you're you're, you're, you're your parents are trader of the constitution anyway, I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, but we have a great team here.
Speaker 1: So far, so good. Yeah, thank you for the question. Unless we had to have a protg and then her mom doesn't come home and you're like, oh, what happened to my mom?
Speaker 4: She's in.
Speaker 1: Maybe you guys, you guys should rethink your life trade. I don't even know who your parent is. Yes, little man, all right, go ahead, little man? Is that your mommy? Your MOMMYOT? Did your mommy have ID? Is your mommy being detained? Yes, your mommy's being detained. Yes, yes, we need to we need to id your mother anyway, I'm sorry, what's your question? What's your question? Yeah, your mommy's been canoodling with the dude from Fox. So yeah, now it's tough stuff. I'm sorry. Well, I don't know. Maybe your dad should be around more anyway, I'm sorry. What's your question? Little man?
Speaker 4: What's Trump's favorite ice cream?
Speaker 1: Was his favorite ice cream?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: I'm sorry. Is this from the Biden era? Is that what we're doing here? What's Donald Trump's favorite ice cream? I don't know. Whatever ice cream gets it done. It's not choco choco chip or whatever Joe Biden's is. Oh, I'm sorry. I'm sorry. It's bring your kids to work day. I should have a little more heart. Okay, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Go ahead, little man with your question.
Speaker 3: I have seen the president eat ice cream Sundays before, with child sauce and some toppings too. Raise your hand if you like ice cream Sundays. It's a very popular policy position.
Speaker 1: It's a room full of kids. What answer do you think you're getting, Caroline, what do you think the polling is going to be on that? I'm sorry, I'm taking this too seriously, but we're getting down to business and uh, frankly, I don't know. There's good use of everyone's time.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's very good.
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 1: Can we get a question like can we get a question that actually breaks new ground? On they asked him what his favorite food is too, and they're like steak? All right? We knew that your parents are a bunch of journalists or and I'm making the air quotes, by the way, and your parents can explain why I'm making the air quotes. Can we get a substantive question of the Press secretary for the President of the United States, since it's bring your kid to workday, I want to break new ground? What do we got? What do we got there? Timmy, Jamie, Liam or whatever your name is. Would you like to go Dario? Of course? All right, so Dario give me some good Would you like to go?
Speaker 2: What is the president have a superpower?
Speaker 1: All right? Dario doesn't have a microphone anyway. So Dario's question is, let do you think I'm making fun of these kids. I'm not making fun of these kids. The kids are fined. These kids are a welcome distraction from listening to their parents conduct quote unquote business. Right, Ross, did you feel any hatred dubbing in the kids this morning like you do normally when you're dubbing in press, you know, the actual press press.
Speaker 4: Bran. No, but I'm kind of weirded out by your vibe.
Speaker 2: To be honest, what do you mean my vibe?
Speaker 4: I know it seems like you hate the kids.
Speaker 1: I don't hate the kids. I feel bad for kids. Feel I feel bad because Dario's got to go home and be like, my mom's a failure. My mom my mom has is a partisan and this is what she does for a living. And then I have to come up with questions that are more substantive. I've actually impressed with the kids. It's not the vibe, I promise. Anyway. Why would you interrupt, Dario? Dario's got an important question? Go ahead, Dario, Dario, would you like to go? Yes, what is the president? The president has a superpower? What would it be? That's a good question.
Speaker 5: Ross.
Speaker 1: We had to guess what do you think Donald Trump's superpower would be? Because Dario doesn't know. Not eating kids, No, it's not my it's literally not my thing. The kids are fine.
Speaker 4: I don't know, man, I'm uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: Yay, kids, Yay, go ahead. No, I'm just bad that we have to have eight year olds in there so we can get actual questions instead of gotcha questions, which is not a reflection on the kids, just showing them what a bunch of hacks their parents are. Anyway, I'm sorry, go ahead, Dario. Wow, good question. Superpower would it be? Yeah, that is a very good question. I think it is. I just said that's not a superpower.
Speaker 3: It would be to just snap his fingers and solve all of our country's problems just like that, because.
Speaker 1: He like, oh my gosh, who else's thing was snapping their fingers and then stuff happened? Ross, I know you're weirded out. Can you think of anyone who just snapped their fingers and then things happened? Maybe a purple person recent years in the movies Thanos? Donald Trump wants to be Thanos. That's the headline. That's the takeaway here, and young Dario was able to uncover it to.
Speaker 3: Get things done very quickly, but sometimes it takes a little bit longer, like today he had to go to Capitol Hill to convince people right to vote for his one big, beautiful bill. I bet if he had a superpower. He would snap his fingers and get it past im meeting.
Speaker 1: I'm sure you would, all right. So, Dario, if you have eight friends, four of them you're never gonna see again. That's his power. But it's okay, it's for the greater good, all right. Yeah, So a little life lesson for the young ins there. I'm kidding. I'm kidding. Honestly, I saw the thing and I'm just like, this is so refreshing. This is so much better than having to watch an actual twelve minute press briefing. They've got a little questions like, well, do you have anonymous sources that say you're literally Satan? What do you what do you say to that? Whereas like Dario and his friends just want to know what kind of ice cream you want? I'm down with Dario. That's it. Give me a hashtag. Down with Dario. We're good to go. And Katie Lynn or whatever the rest of the two named kids were they take your kids to workday? Man, I think it's but it would only be bad, Like it's one thing if the White House brings their kids like take your kids to workday? How deep does it go within the administration? Like it is hag seth letting kids push the button. I'm assuming he's got a button. Is the Defense Secretary Wright bring your kid in and like, ah, I hit this button. You know, Timmy Tom or whatever his name is with the with the with the two names nowadays, right, Like, all right, Timmy Tom, go ahead, hit this button here. What'd you do? Ah, you just murdered a hundred hoo thies. He decided they were gonna stand together in a circle outside. Good job, Good job, young man. Kids like, oh, that's amazing. I'm gonna tell my teacher about that boom. He brought your kid to workday. He got options anyway, six seventeen all right, I creep ross out to the tenth power. Nothing against the kids, it's their parents. I just wonder if they're, like, I know their kids, they're probably like, oh my mom works at the White House Press briefing room, and they're like, they have no idea that the Press secretary on the daily calls the Calster mom fake news. Just like it's such a weird concept, right, because you're a kid, you don't know. You're just like mommy goes to the White House, Daddy goes to the White House, and you just don't understand like all the adult stuff that goes along with it. So you're just in there and you're asking about ice cream. It's just so innocent. I love it good anyway, six seventeen Cacoday Radio program. All right, hang on, oh, some we got the vibe. I was being mean to the kids. No, no, no, no, being mean to their parents, which is unfortunate for the kids. Kids are fine, kids are just kids. I'm actually really surprised, and I mean this sincerely, that one of them didn't arm their kid with some weird gotcha question.
Speaker 5: Just like.
Speaker 1: That's what I was kind of expecting watching it. The whole thing is like twelve minutes long. I tweeted it out. You want to go watch It's absolutely adorable. Go watch it because they're kids. They're just kids. But I just assumed. And the only reason I watched the whole thing is I assumed somebody because you know how you know what people do with their kids and politics, right, Like, Oh, my three year old woke up yesterday and they asked me about the the effects of late stage capitalism on you know, the Trump administration's decisions to do terroiffs. Buh, And I was like yeah, okay, you your third grade. Your three year old asked you that, huh did everybody applaud? Right? So we normally get that kind of stuff, but it wasn't. It was just kids questions. It was great. It was manageable. There's a little bit of insight there. Donald Trump wants to be Thanos Boom. I just gave you your headline. You didn't have to jam a weird thing. You got a kid to go ahead and extract it. Then you can see what mommy and daddy really do twist statements. But you didn't. You just had the kids asking adorable questions and then adorable answers, and everyone went about their business. It was great. I just wanted to share with you this morning. I got to read into it.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: Frankly, that room could take a part like a Jake Tapper interview, that poor guy doing the media round. So yesterday was a book release day. Found out some stuff. Frankly, yesterday there was two stories where we found out more stuff than I was comfortable knowing.
Speaker 4: Oh, is he have a book coming out? I haven't heard about that. What's what's the book about?
Speaker 1: It's about the original original sin Are you familiar? With the original Sin.
Speaker 4: I'm sort of reading about it. Yeah, well it sounds interesting.
Speaker 1: I didn't know, really, what's what's to say in your book about original Sin?
Speaker 4: I haven't really gotten there yet. I mean, like, I'm on one Samuel so.
Speaker 1: Right, But didn't we have original didn't you'd read Genesis? I did. Didn't they have anything in there about sin? Maybe a big one right at the beginning. Yeah, but some would argue, uh, kind of life changing or species chap. It's though, it was dude, a good A good piece of fruit is a good piece of fruit. Olive this You keep trying to walking back about the kids damage. But I haven't been beating the kids. I just feel bad because their parents are journalists at the White House. They should know, they should know kids did fine. So anyway, now it's not about that said, it's about uh uh wait, hold on, let me read the headline correctly, because you know you're like, whose fault is it? The White House and all the politicians lie to you about whether Joe Biden could know where he was here we go for the bulwark. It wasn't just biden Field, it was all of America. There you go. Case you're wondering who's responsible for Biden's scam on America? It's you? Did you know that? Are you sorry? Now? What an absolute piece of garbage? This is, knowing what we know now, Biden should never have attempted to run who you disagreeing with nobody on this show. He and or and or his inner circle undermined Harris's chances during the race, and to their discredit, have abused her since.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: But he's working today, but he didn't work yesterday, and then he's not working the rest of the week and not on Monday. Dude, we gotta get on this schedule. When is when's Memorial Day?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: When Moral Day is twenty six? That's Monday? Right? Oh, that's correct? Right?
Speaker 5: Ross?
Speaker 1: You realize we have Monday off. Of course Ross realized, he always realizes. Yes, okay, all right, well that actually changes my scot Spot production too. Gonna have to deal with that. That's okay. So we're we're fired on Monday, but maybe we'll be rehired on Tuesday. Okay, all right, very good, All right. A little sad news this morning. You hate to see it. George Went has passed away with seventy six. Of course you know, you know George as I'm trying to think of there's any other big character that from a movie or TV that George Went was in. Was he in anything else but Cheers?
Speaker 4: I mean, I know anything he played Norm, but like Norman, a lot of things. What do you mean by like he was in the Simpsons as Norm?
Speaker 1: Oh? No, no, right, but I mean was there anything standalone other than than him playing Norm or doing cameos essentially as it? I don't know, Hang on just a second. Oh yeah, everything is it's all by the way. Where do you think George Went was from? It's just perfect by the way, Chicago. He's essentially the skip Man. Yeah, everything is Cheers in every write up that I've seen. And good for him, man, I see a lot of there's a lot of actors You're like, Oh, the worst thing could be is just you just know him for the one role. I don't know, seems to work out for certain people.
Speaker 4: I was shocked yesterday I read in his obituary that he's Jason, like Jason sidekis is his nephew. Had no idea.
Speaker 1: I don't know it, So Hollywood, it kind of makes sense, doesn't it.
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it does. It's one of those things that you hear and you're like, okay, right, because sometimes you wonder you're not to say Jason Sidakis doesn't have talent, because he does. But like, you know, how do people certain people get ahead of other people. A lot of times it is who you know, oh, or you know who a family member knows. Like nepotism is definitely a thing.
Speaker 2: No, come on.
Speaker 1: George, Chicago native got his acting career when he joined the Oh Second City, dude, If you guys don't know anything about Second City, it's kind of there's a big deal having to do with SNL. Right, So most of the original cast of SNL was Second City, which is just icigo improv group school thing. Yeah. So in nineteen eighty Pursuit blah blah, all right, so we made appearances including Taxi Alice and making the grade for being cast in nineteen eighty two is Norm on cheers. Oh, they wanted him to play look at that. That's interesting. So when they first cast him, they didn't know if he was going to be Norm or if he was going to deliver the mail. Interesting.
Speaker 4: I mean, one of the two most characters is so connected. So that's sort of perfect.
Speaker 1: Oh no, thousand percent, do you think, but do you think he would have been as good playing?
Speaker 4: Uhh, he's perfect as Norm.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're Norm. Buddy won six consecutive Emmys from nineteen eighty four to nineteen eighty nine for Best Supporting Actor.
Speaker 4: Of course he did.
Speaker 1: What a gig man, just show up kind of in the same suit every day, sit in the same seat. Anyone, anyone one who is a regular at a bar too, Like if you go to a bar on let's say you go on Fridays after work whatever, just for an hour or whatever. One knows your name, you got your same seat. Good to gut your norm. And he probably made the comment Hans hands Forth. And what I like too is you know him. I've seen him and both Ratzenburger, who played Cliff Cliff Clavin obviously the other role there. I've never seen either of them go. Yeah, I kind of got type cast. They were both every time they're like, no, what a great gig man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Ratzenburger is the tons of voiceover work too, for like tis.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yep, yep, yeah. I was just trying to think of anything nor whether anything George Went had done otherwise and I could not remember him and anything else. That's why I'm kind of scanning over his IMDb right now. A lot of guest appearances, but you're right where he kind of played himself. Went did appearance several films, including Forever Young alongside Mel Gibson, Jamie Lee Curtis, and Elijah wood O Truder. I don't remember what that movie was. However, outside of Cheers, was known for his guest roles on series like Seinfeld, The Larry Sanders Show, Saint Elsewhere in twilight Zone. Oh that's right. He did do some Twilight Zone stuff. However, usually kind of appeared as his himself.
Speaker 4: Wasn't he Wasn't he the dad in the Michael Jackson Black or White video? I think he's the guy that sat in the chair in the house with Macaulay Culkin and Macaulay Culkin hooks up the sound.
Speaker 1: Right, was in that?
Speaker 4: I think it was in that music video.
Speaker 1: George Wentz Michael Jackson video Let's see here. Yeah, it's funny because they're talking about some of his other cameos. Yep, he was in the Muse Here we Go threety four years ago, George Wentz starting the biggest music video of all Is that the biggest music video of all time?
Speaker 4: I remember when that thing premiered on TV.
Speaker 1: Oh it was crazy, big. Yeah.
Speaker 4: It came on after The Simpsons. It was like eight thirty or whatever, and everybody was watching it. And I remember my dad watching it because at the end of the video, like Michael Jackson did this thing where like he's on top of his car and destroying it, and my man is sitting there is Decliner watching it, just shaking his head, going the hell this is about?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he's screaming too, right, he's streaming, yelling like.
Speaker 4: In the weed shield. He's like, oh, like doing the Michael jack My dad is just shaking his head looking at it, like.
Speaker 1: Okay, whatever, is making sure you don't walk outside to the car. I don't care what you saw boy. Yeah. At the time, yeah, yeah, I'm just surprised that's the biggest music video of all time. I'm not surprised it was big.
Speaker 4: But remember that, like when they at the end of that towards the end where all their faces start to meld together. Yeah, yeah, yeah, how incredible that was. Back in the nineties, You're like, oh, dude, it's magic.
Speaker 1: Remember when music videos were that though, Yeah, where like if there's somebody had a new music video coming out, like it was, it was like a new movie premiering. It was just music videos were iconic.
Speaker 4: Especially if it's a Michael Jackson video. Oh yeah one.
Speaker 1: But it didn't just have to be Michael Jackson. I mean, if you asked me about music videos, that's the era where I'm gonna be like, did you have cameos? The production value was off the chain. There'd be ones that just stuck out. Remember Share singing her at Chance around her lingerie on that navy ship. You were what a big discussion point that was. I mean not for all the right reasons, but holy.
Speaker 4: Hell, it was uh very popular, and I got to support the troops.
Speaker 1: Suppose she apparely she was? She turned that she turned the main the main gun on that battleship into some sort of weird phallic dance move.
Speaker 2: Oh is it?
Speaker 4: Did?
Speaker 5: She is?
Speaker 4: How you interpreted that?
Speaker 1: Hellot?
Speaker 5: Not just me?
Speaker 2: Not just me with the fish.
Speaker 1: People are like, ah, we can't show this to the kids because she's on the you know, one hundred and twenty caliber where the damn thing was? What's going on? There. I mean, think of the icon the most iconic music videos of our era, and they almost exclusively fall into that window. But you know, when MTV was king and music videos were king, that could be that could be your whole week waiting for a premiere of a music video. They were that over the top, that well produced, and Michael Jackson's were literally the cream of the crop. And the video went is one of the first people we see. A dad is upset with McCaulay culkin's character for playing the music too loud. But then mcculkin takes his guitar up to Marty McFly's spinal tap levels and Wentz's blasted with the in his lazy boy reclined.
Speaker 4: Absolutely that was him, and the recliner goes at the roof and lands in Africa. And the reason I know this is because I have an autistic son who was completely obsessed or at least one point was with Michael Jackson, like Michael Jackson was a loop in her house. And I've watched that video pribably a million times, but I just put it together that he was in the video, that he's the guy.
Speaker 1: So mcaulay culkin deported his own feet in.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: You know who else would do that? Probably the kids at the White House press brief. I'm sorry, sorry, going back to that again. So you guys think I'm mad at the kids. I want to know who their parents are. At the time, Jackson was the biggest Oh what a horrible way to write this, this men's journal. At the time, Jackson was the biggest star on the planet. I got news for you. I know he's dead, still the biggest star on the planet from a name recognition standpoint, and he's been dead for what a while. Arguably, though, it was Whnce's inclusion at the beginning of the video that gave black or White its power. A frumpy white type, Oh here we go, you know, all woke, A frumpy white tie right leaning dad thrust in the multicultural world. Hold on, let me read the whole stupid set. This has nothing to do with I gotta read the whole dubbed sentence. Hold on, a frumpy white type dad, blah blah blah blah blah. Conserve thrust into the multicultural world that Michael Jackson celebrates what it is about. He's just playing his stereotypical dad.
Speaker 4: After work, sitting in his chair trying to relax and his son is being loud. That's all it is.
Speaker 1: You don't need to read anymore. And there's no part no, no, it's for eclusion. It's eclusion.
Speaker 4: The rass dad out of the room into Africa's not what happened. That is how you handle it, man.
Speaker 1: It's right here in Men's Journal, which I thought was like a fitness mag am. I wrong.
Speaker 4: Ah, he's playing like the typical, like you know Kevin Arnold wonder Year's dad who gets after busting his hump at the office and wants quiet, which a lot of gus write. A lot of people listening right now can can understand that you get home and you want quiet, that's what you want.
Speaker 2: I don't even have.
Speaker 1: Kids and I want quiet. Yesterday somebody was messing with their car, fixing it like in their garage, and they kept having to like revet to figure out what was going on. I almost turned into that guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: No, the dad in the video did not come home after busting his hump all day. He's sitting down going dumb. Don't look not in the video.
Speaker 1: It's not what happens, man, It's why the video is what doesn't matter whether you're black or white. See, and which is true. George Wentz's character doesn't care if you're black or white. He cares if you're loud, really right, that's what he cares about.
Speaker 4: Tired man.
Speaker 1: This is why you know why, This is why he goes to the bar, doesn't come home directly because of this crap right here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and he came home, right, he should have stayed at the bar because he came home to be with his family. And then his son damages and destroys the roof, and now he's gonna comes Yeah, that's like ten grand out of your pocket. Easy.
Speaker 1: We're off sitting there drinking with the post. I mean, it's not that hard.
Speaker 4: It's gonna look stupid. They gotta put a tarp over your roof before they fix it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, people think they're spraying for bugs in there. Right, You're like, there's no bugs, tread teller's nothing, it's not like that.
Speaker 4: Plus you got to figure out you got to pay for transportation back from Africa.
Speaker 1: That's a good point, especially then it's not as easy to travel. We don't know where he is in Africa, like mine. Africa is expensive.
Speaker 4: We've talked about the superstar power of Michael Jackson, which still you know, it's no comparison even to this day. But maybe Michael paid for his flight back, but we don't know. It's unsubstantiated.
Speaker 1: We don't know if I mean, he would have liability there, right, Yeah, it's through his music that George went the super racist. Uh got set there. We should send everyone back to Africa and they're like, no, you boom taught them lesson.
Speaker 4: That's a good point. Unfortunately, that is George Wentz legacy as an alcoholic racist.
Speaker 1: Yeah, screw Men's Journal. You couldn't just couldn't just you couldn't just have it in there. The legacy of Jackson might be mixed to this, David. The fact that went was game enough to make fun of himself and others like him perfectly embodied a certain trope that'd be the fat were white racist dude, I guess, And in Black or White he mocked that trope to send a positive and memorable message to the entire world. Shut up, who was it who played the like molestee father in Natural Born Killers? Trying to remember who was that? That was kind of shocking right there? Uh, the father in Natural Oh, it's Rodney Dangerfield, right, you remember that Roster National Killer.
Speaker 4: I do remember that. Yeah, he was so sleazy in that movie. Yeah, but that was the point that was I remember, you know, watching that and that Now you mentioned this one of the most disturbing things. Like I remember, I remember this Rodney Dangerfield man, and I remember the sweat like skiing the way like glisten. I was so gross, like this guy needs a shower.
Speaker 1: But like he nailed it. And it's you know, it's Rodney Dangerfield. You're you're thinking, all right, give me some caddyshack lines, but it's not. He's there to who is the actress? I can't remember her name, but like that was that was the whole thing. And I'm not going to ruin what happened to him in there, but let's just say justice is served. That that whole movie was a trip. Even if you were a David Lynch fan at the time, you were still like, what the hell is going on here? But to have Rodney Dangerfield essentially play the child Moleste father in that, like they were going for that. George Went isn't going for the racist dad in the black and white video.
Speaker 4: No, he's a grumpy dad, and that's what he says to McCaulay, says, turn the music down, we want it to be quiet. He's tired, and then he destroys his roof.
Speaker 1: It's just the thing after another man, guys just said just busted his butt for sixty hours that week.
Speaker 4: I mean, it would be horrible. Like if I went home today and Lincoln turns the volume up to like these spinal tab levels and I discorded my roof, which I have already just fixed previous in the last year, and then I'd taken my recliner and I land in Africa. It would suck. I'd be like, oh my god, my roof is try. I'm like a I feel like when a vomit now, because it was flying through the sky like in an insane velocity to get here. But at the same point, once I sort of collected myself an assess the situation and I realized Michael Jackson is in front of me dancing, I'd be like, this is pretty cool. Yeah, this is probably wow.
Speaker 1: You don't even like leaving the country. You'll still get over again. I've got a free performance. How's he leaning over like that? That has to be normal. It's a real move. I remember reading something where Dangerfield was they were thinking that Dangerfield wouldn't want to do that role because you know, it's Rodney Dangerfield. Man, this little stick is being likable, and he made it creepier and I can't remember what he did to make it creepier.
Speaker 4: It's like that whenever you have somebody who always plays a protagon, when they suddenly played the antagonist, it's always a good Like remember when Tom Cruise in Collateral it was brilliant, or even when he was in Tropic thunder Right it was because it's such a jarring difference as to how you're you're used to seeing that person.
Speaker 1: Some great scream on the phone, Oh my gosh. Yeah. Yeah. So Dangerfield like they literally were like they're like, oh, we're gonna have to talk him into this movie. I wonder if he'll be okay with it. He's like, what would it be creepier if I put my hand on her butt? He's just all right, man, all right, you got it? And the quotes there I can't I remember watching something where he came up with a lot of that stuff. They're just like, okay, all right. He says he's been harboring that, been holding on to that To your point, Ross, it's just like he always has to play the kind of nice guy and he was willing to let it all hang out for that role. So yeah, there's whole threads. How I never looked at Rodney Dangerfield the same again as an article here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, that was.
Speaker 1: That was peak? What the hell? There's been a few cameos over the years, or or were people played characters that literally made like part of the whole movie. I wouldn't say it made the whole movie. That movie's got a lot going on, but Rodney Dangerfield, old bug eyed, sweaty, as Ross pointed out, just stained shirt and the mom with the big hair. I can't remember the actress who played.
Speaker 4: That, like flies coming out of his wife beater, So yeah, it was just perfect.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: Juliette Lewis is his daughter and he's like liqu at her ear and stuff. Got a lot going on. When did that movie come out? Mid nineties? Right? I remember when the movie came out. I wasn't allowed to watch it, so I immediately watched it and it left an impression. So all right, all that to say, George Wen has passed away. He was in his mid seventies. Okay, there you go, seventy six at his home, surrounded by friends and family, YadA, YadA, all that stuff. Six I means it will always be norm or, as Men's Journal puts it, the racist Dad and the Michael Jackson video, We'll be back. Bacteria. Hold on, reset the page. Here we go. Miss mysterious bacteria with unique abilities whatever that means. Mysterious bacteria with unique abilities discovered on Chinese space station. I'm sure that's fine, right.
Speaker 4: All right, So what you want to do is eat it or rub it over your face immediately and hold on?
Speaker 1: You want to you want to what?
Speaker 4: Immediately? Eat it? Rub it on your face?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I would sort of like you just found a bacteria with quote unique abilities, which sounds foreboding on the China in space.
Speaker 4: No, it's like when they found the Black sarcophagus in Egypt, the Giant one. They found the bone bones and people were like, hey, should we should we eat the bone juice?
Speaker 1: You know, I don't think they were conflicted. I think that's the first thing they wanted to do.
Speaker 4: Same thing, it's the same thing.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I've seen some movies where space bacteria doesn't work out.
Speaker 4: If you're like in the space station or whatever, and you see that growing on the out side of the window, you immediately want to put the suit on, and you want to go for a spacewalk and take some of it inside and then show all your friends and then y'all want to rub it on your face or eat.
Speaker 1: It, and then and then come back to China right where you and then interact with everybody.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, do you want to be an astronaut or do you want to be moon man?
Speaker 1: Well, to be fair, they don't call them astronauts, you know that, right?
Speaker 4: What do they call them over there?
Speaker 1: To cow nuts? To cow nuts? Huh, you've never heard me make fun of this. They call them to cow t ao k a. I think, what is that?
Speaker 4: What does that translate to?
Speaker 1: To cow nuts? I think it's pretty evident what I think it translates.
Speaker 4: Well, I know what you think, But I wonder, like, what does it actually stand for?
Speaker 1: Use the second syllable? I don't know. I think it's just their word for space or something. I don't know, but yeah, they call them to cow nuts. They use the knots thing. It's really weird.
Speaker 4: I think that one thing the Russians did better. Like I like the name cosmonaut. Cosmonauts sounds cooler than asterisk.
Speaker 1: Right, well that's how they say space. Yeah, just in America, so I'm I'm assuming that's what it is in China. But it also sounds like count nuts.
Speaker 4: Anyway, Rub that stuff all over your face.
Speaker 1: Rub the cat yep on your face. Okay, sure, there won't be a prime. There's all sorts of like interesting. Do you understand, like how close we were as a society to do you know? Do you know how they wanted people when they to answer the phone? Do you know the you know, the word hello is like a meme from one hundred years ago, right, are you aware of this? Hello is a word they made up when they when they when they created the phone. It didn't exist before that. In fact, the uh you know the uh the WB singing frog song, Hello my Baby, Hello my darling.
Speaker 4: I remember that racist frog.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, but that song was a song that was created around nineteen hundred to make fun of using the word hello. Alexander Graham Bell wanted a different word and people are like, no, that's dumb, and he got out voted on the on the word we would use to greet people on the phone. Do you know how we almost greeted people on the phone. If Alexander Graham Bell had gotten his way a hoy. He wanted to use the term a hoy because that was a more standardized greeting at the time, and he wanted to normalize using the phone. But people were like, they didn't like the phone. They're like, this is weird man, probably ghosts and stuff. So they came up with a whole nother word for it, and that's where the word hello came from. I can't remember there's a reason why they went with hello, but yeah, Alexander Graham Bell initially wanted the word a hoy to be how you answered a phone, which would be awesome, Yeah, pretty fun. Yeah, oh hoy maybe right, every time you answer the phone. That joke would never get older because it's proper.
Speaker 4: You're a pirate, like every day, for like ten seconds day.
Speaker 1: You might actually answer the phone. How many times you answer the phone? Now, But if it is it's like an accident, well, if it's me or maybe Trevor, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it happened the other day my phone was rigging on. I'm staring at it and I'm like, I'm going to push that red button, and for some reason they push the green budon and the person on the other end is like hello, and I'm like, and then anyone wants me to do something, and then I hit the red budd.
Speaker 1: Pretty much how it goes, and then he pretends his phone's broken. It's crazy. So anyway back to this, So China found a bunch of space bacteria and Ross wants him to eat it. So this is how you get COVID again or something.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: The novel strain, which they say closely relates a terrestrial bacterium called Nialis circular, don't care, which is normally found in soil, sewage, and human stool. Wait a second, so hold on, so you want them to eat the poop bacteria.
Speaker 4: That's what that is.
Speaker 1: It's poop bacteria. I mean, it probably tastes better in the pangolin but or whatever that weird thing was we found out they were eating. But I don't know. Scientists say the novel strain demonstrates a unique ability to create a gelatine structure. Oh yeah, this stuff sounds It sounds definitely like something you want to ingest. However, it's it's a terrestrial neighbor. I guess this bacteria's closest to does include two key proteins which may enhance biofilm formation, oxydat oxidative stress response, and repair radiation damage. It'll give you powers to get to so the radiation doesn't help.
Speaker 4: You, I'm telling you. But you you become moon Man, you'd be superpowerss man.
Speaker 1: You don't want to be the McDonald's moon Man, which I didn't realize. I was watching. I was watching something the other day and they're like, what happened to this? It was like, what happened to these iconic spokespeople?
Speaker 4: I remember it now that you mentioned it, but I wasn't aware there was a controversy.
Speaker 1: So apparently ninety nine percent of spokespeople don't exists because apparently like whites supremacist adopted them or something. The whole documentary was dumb, but I didn't realize. So the moon Man from McDonald's, if you remember that era of advertising in the nineties early two thousands where he had the guy who's his head was like a crescent moon and he would sing like Sinatra and stuff apparently, and I did not realize this. They had to discontinue it because like the Aryan nation made it their spokesperson or something, which I don't know how that works. But they're like, all right, we can't do this anymore. And I'm like, I don't remember any of that, but I remember the iconic character or the spokesperson for McDonald's.
Speaker 2: See.
Speaker 4: I that really surprises me because as a kid, I remember and I just had to bring up the picture because I swear I had this memory, and the picture is exactly how I remember it. He's wearing the suit and he's got backglasses playing the piano as a kid. And he's playing the piano as a kid. It reminded me of Ray Charles. I thought they were going for like a Ray Charles type vibe.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: So how could that be white supremacy they're saying.
Speaker 1: That, I guess because he's white, because he's the moon Yeah, but he's obviously like Ray Charles type moon man type moon man racist groups. It'll give you a whole thing.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But he's got the the the black sunglasses looks really cool to suit. He's in front of the piano. Mm hmm, okay, yeah it was.
Speaker 1: I don't know, some the white supremacists made him their spokesp or something, which I don't remember any of that being a controversy. That's like early that's like old school early canceling right there. Man, it sounds like it was more of a four Chan thing, if I remember correctly, because I was just kind of surprised and I didn't really dig into it much but just watched the segment. I went, oh, okay, all right, oh hold on, hold on, now people are okay, apparently people are experts in space bacteria now.
Speaker 4: And they're all saying to eat it right, rub it on your face.
Speaker 1: Well, actually they're claiming, if you have to make a decision, you want to go with a glowing rock rather than space bacteria, which is probably true. At least you know the rock's got something going on because it heaps can use it as a night light. And then Logan already said, I'd rather if I had to get powers from a space rock, I'd rather get powers from a meteor man from the movie, especially the one where he could absorb all the information from a book in thirty seconds. But you don't want the Chinese space poop bacteria. Come, I live a little bro. So everyone's got an opinion. So how did people greet each other on the street before the word hello? They would use among others, Oh hoy, yeah, look it up. We were that close to being a society that still set a hoy when we greeted people. They took that from us. Every day could have been pretend you're a pirate day, speak like a pirate day or whatever that stupid day is which people abuse when it is and call into the radio make pirate stupid puns. It could have been that every day, but no. People were scared of the phone, so they had come up with another word. And then they came up with a song to mock the word. And then WB made a cartoon frog singing this is your history. This is the history you get when you listen to the KCO Day radio program. You're welcome. Hang on, what Germanic spin off from the eighteen twenty.
Speaker 4: Yeah because I knew that because the German is hu with an A instead of hello, Hello yeah. And it first appeared in eighteen twenty six in print right as like an American version of the German version. But then it became popular in the eighteen eighties. And why did it become popular in eighteen because of the telephone? Because of the telephone?
Speaker 1: Correct, yeah, oh can you imagine you did just be a pirate every day.
Speaker 4: But you have to you have to.
Speaker 1: You have to keep in mind that when when the telephone came out, like a big swath of the population is like, this is voodoo.
Speaker 4: This is no I mean, it's still does that makes sense to me? And I do this for a living, Like I'd like, don't ask me how it works. I have no idea.
Speaker 1: It's magic when it works, yeah, when it works, to be fair, yeah, no it is. It's the magic of radio. But people are so like, this is this is Satan's work. We can't use our traditional ahoy reading. We got robbed of that because some of you thought it was the devil's work or something. Well, not you, but you know, your great grandparents and stuff.
Speaker 4: You know, because if you use that word, right, and if it was ghosts on the other end of the phone, they'd be like, I don't understand that word because I'm a ghost from old timey days, right andy, And they would get off the phone.
Speaker 1: They'd hang up on you, like when you pick up what you'd know is a scam caller and you don't say anything and just wait for them to hang up and you hear somebody swear with an accent on the other end. That happened to me yesterday because I thought it was a I thought it was somebody from Charlotte and I was trying to organize something and it was a whole thing. But I didn't say ahoy, because that's how the ghost gets you, right there. Man, got to watch out, all right, hold on, let me grab a call. Yes, Jake, what's up?
Speaker 5: Hey?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I was noticing that. I remember watching the sisions and Montgomery Burns would always go hoy hoy when picking up the phone, and I had to look that up myself, and I thought I learned that back in the nineties to understand, why the heck are you.
Speaker 2: Saying it like that?
Speaker 1: Because he's old man, Because he's.
Speaker 7: Old, Yeah, because he's old as dust.
Speaker 6: And another thing, there's a there's a fungus that it is basically a mushroom that is eating radiation at trenobyle. So combine that with the bacteria.
Speaker 1: Oh for the child, Well that sounds good. Yeah, So the Chinese wouldn't weaponize that at all. All right, So you're pro space bacteria, Is that what I'm hearing?
Speaker 6: Uh No, the space mushrooms is. I'll put a whole new meeting to eating shrooms.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, So if you see it takes you for the car you see dragons, but actually dragons are very popular within Chinese culture, so probably wouldn't mind. I don't know. I just hate that the Chinese have it and not us. I'm sure we have our own space fungus. We just don't pray, we don't do it like a press release about it. Plus didn't they What was that movie that was a few years ago called Life or whatever that didn't work out? I've never seen space fungus work out in any documentary I've ever seen, so I don't know if you should follow Ross's advice there. I have shied away from most of it. However, there's a couple things that happened at the Diddy trial good Lord yesterday that I have to share with you, because one I didn't know was the thing.
Speaker 5: The other thing is just.
Speaker 1: It's just crazy, but it's not as salacious as enough to the point where I can't tell you about it. So we'll get into that coming up phone number eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven before you want to weigh in on anything on the show. So a little more testimony yesterday in the did He trial? Boy, where do I start? Apparently he was really into drugs and stuff allegedly. In fact, according to testimony from Let's see here, who are David James, who is a former personal assistant, He said that Diddy, on average took twenty five to thirty pills a day and they would be prepared in a little bag and then he'd just take them and they ran the gamut, Perkoset, ecstasy, Viagra, weight loss and sperm count pills along with various vitamins. As you do, ross, do you do a supplement with your working out? Do you do like I mean, obviously probably not viagra and percocet, But do you do like like vitamins and stuff? Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I do tons of them?
Speaker 1: Yeap, yod? How many do you take on average a day?
Speaker 4: I take two three in the morning, and then I have a bunch of my pre work out and my protein powders and stuff in the afternoon.
Speaker 1: Okay, so everyone's got a regiment.
Speaker 4: So I take like a D immune complex in the morning. Okay, yeah, yeah, so and nothing crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have to take there's a couple of supplements I take just the doctors recommended over the years. But they're they're like one of them is a vitamin D supplement then, but you know, it's basically that kind of stuff.
Speaker 4: You're not get enough of this in your diet.
Speaker 1: This, this is more than that. And also what's crazy is the ecstasy was custom made to look like Barack Obama. Apparently you would have bowls of them like Eminem's are something that is freak offs. Everyone could that's a.
Speaker 4: Week you want the Biden ecstasies?
Speaker 2: Which you want?
Speaker 1: Would you want?
Speaker 4: You will forget your name, You'll forget where you are. You could barely move. It's a good time. You're like falling upstairs. Somehow, somehow it's possible.
Speaker 1: Hey, man, it happens. Happens to the best of us. Yeah, I'm sorry. You've never fallen while boarding your own private wide body jet. Never?
Speaker 4: Well, I mean I thought I did, but I was actually just high in the Obama or the Biden extacion. I thought I'm like, I'm on Air Force one and they're like, dude, you're in your living room. Bro.
Speaker 1: It was a Wendy sir, that's going on? Do you see the Dennys thing yesterday? And the judge wrote and is ruling it's so great. I actually tweeted something too, because I'm like, sorry, Wendy's You're no longer the premier restaurant meme based political meme, all right, And because it had to do with do you remember when the ACLU tried to essentially x partay get a judge to respond in forty five minutes to their motion and literally call this dude. So the Supreme Court, which again has made me really nervous right now, they essentially decided that they didn't give him forty five minutes. They gave him like fourteen hours because they decided that the clock started at twelve thirty am. And this judge, who wrote a rebuttal to this thing, is like, I'm sorry, what judges, District court judges, you can't just say they're available at thirty minutes past midnight. That's absolutely stupid. But the way he wrote it is great. He wrote, by starting to clock at twelve thirty four am, not only not only does it ignore the court's express instructions respecting the government's right to respond. It also ignores the fact the court is starting to clock at twelve thirty four. It's a little inside baseball, but I'll get to it. He said, we seem to have forgotten this is a district court and not a Denny's. The first time I ever heard anyone suggests the judges have a duty to check their dockets all hours of the night. So rather than sure, this is a Wendy's, the thing now is this is not a Denny's, which I thought was kind of funny there, all right, So anyway, back to the Obama pills. So apparently he had custom made Obama shaped ecstasy pills. And it looks like the photo they used is the photo they use in that weird poster that says hope remember that, Which didn't it all seem communism when it came out at all? Well, but yeah, it just gets crazier from there. They spent three hours detailing how they would put date raped drugs in the baby oil too.
Speaker 4: That was the whole thing.
Speaker 1: Apparently they were juicing the baby oil, so if you got the full baby oil rundown, you'd absorb enough GHB or whatever it was into your system. So watch out you ever go to a party and they want to rub you down a baby oil. I'm just you know, maybe ask what's in the baby oil?
Speaker 4: So did he was doing more than creatine and like citra lene and a.
Speaker 1: Little bit a little bit doing all the stuff.
Speaker 2: In fact.
Speaker 1: Then to get the party started, they also had this dude testify. What is his real name? They got this guy's real name. Oh, this part, I've meant to be very careful. How I read this part? All right? According to a federal agent who rated comes as Miami estate, details emerged about some of the freak Off Marathon sessions, which you know, these are the big sex parties there, including how he would use various toys, bottles of baby oil that we now know to be mixed with date rape drugs. And he also really enjoyed using parts of an AR fifteen as part of the acts. What like, is there a receiver receiver? What the hell does that mean? Anyway? And then they talked about certain celebrities also including Kid Cuddy, who I haven't thought about in forever, who is expected to take the stand today to testify, and the punisher.
Speaker 4: So can you get his drugs at G and C or not?
Speaker 1: I'm sure a couple of them. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I mean in the back.
Speaker 1: I mean it sounds like there's some really crazy stuff and then there's like a Flintstones vitamin thrown in there. You don't have something you want to do.
Speaker 4: What you want to do is go to the gym and find the biggest guy that you could find there, Like they live at the gym, like nine point nine percent muscle and normally they were that fanny pack and just go up to them and ask them for all the drugs in their fanny pack.
Speaker 1: And you're gonna won't mind no, because it's Jim culture. You share, right, right, Okay, Yeah.
Speaker 4: They're gonna help you. Spot They're gonna share their drugs in their fanny pack.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, actually enough Joey Swolvin, Yeah, just like Diddy, Yeah yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: Also taking the stand was Charay Hayes. Is that a relative of yours?
Speaker 4: By the way, I'm gonna have to check. I don't think so.
Speaker 1: Who goes by the name the Punisher? Who is a how do I describe this? He is a a dominature exteemed exotic dancer slash dude in charge.
Speaker 4: All right, it's not the Marvel character or whatever.
Speaker 1: It is not the Marvel character, although they are using an AR fifteen for things.
Speaker 4: So or is that DC?
Speaker 2: I don't know?
Speaker 5: Oh what is?
Speaker 1: What is punished? That's probably DC?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 1: I don't know. How do they screw that team show up?
Speaker 4: The first season was really good.
Speaker 1: Oh it was amazing.
Speaker 4: Anyway, not the same guy.
Speaker 1: No, clearly not. This guy is also who has a book. You've probably read this book since it's your relative, described as an immense self help book about a rectitle dysfunction known as in Search of Freezer Meat.
Speaker 4: What So you go up to the guy at the gym with the fanny pack and you say, give me.
Speaker 1: Your wearing the mask. Yes, yeah, give meat in search of the freezer beat. He went on to allege that did he has a pump? This is this is this is this dude's worth snip bear right here? There is any dude's worth snape bear. Let alone some guy who's a bad boy for life. You know what I'm saying. Uh. Apparently, on twelve sets testified to twelve separate occasions where they hired the punisher to come over and I guess do whatever he does.
Speaker 4: I'm convinced at this point that he killed Biggie. I'm I'm convinced like Biggie probably both thought that you're Biggie, probably knew that he was in like a super freaking a weirdo and he's like, that's no, I'm gonna expose this and then did. He's like, can't have that, and he like.
Speaker 1: Leaned into the East coast West coast beef. Huh yeah, they'll think it's they'll think, uh, Shakur's people did it. According to the punisher and author of In Search of Freezer meet mister Hayes. M dude, that's gonna be your That's gonna be your bio when you die, sir.
Speaker 4: They call me freezer meat.
Speaker 1: No, he's in search of freezer meat. See let's see here. He talked about his own struggles with rectile dysfunction That's why I wrote the book, and talked about how did he had a whole system of pills, including Cialis, viagra, and even what he described as a quote now illegal corner store pill, but then blamed his performance issues on Comb's need to direct him during the job.
Speaker 4: Yes, are they talking like a fedrin or something?
Speaker 1: I don't know what that is. I don't know. You know, every five years there's something they're selling it a truck stop. They're like, we should have been selling.
Speaker 4: That and it'll keep you up for days. And then they're like, oh my god, it makes your heart explode.
Speaker 1: Now this one's for ed whatever this is. So it's probably like, you know, deer wang or something, and you know some Chinese herbal thing. There's probably the space bacterio. And now that I think about it.
Speaker 4: Rub it on your face.
Speaker 1: Absolutely well, you want to mix it into the baby oil and then you know you're good to go there. So, by the way, the book In Search of the Freezer Meat hit stores May ninth, So are you are you more likely to buy that book or the Tapper book? That's what I was just going to ask. You know, I feel like this one is more honest, you know what I'm saying. So it's going to be more honest. All right, That's about all I could tell you from that story. Trust me, it gets far creepier, far creepier. Not creepy, well, actually it does a little creepy. Raced agic who's only going to work two days this week. Yeah, what we were speculating, sir, Are you on like Super Tornado watch or something or yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, it's uh what it what it becomes.
Speaker 7: Let's just say I have other duties as assigned, and sometimes they need to pull me in another direction.
Speaker 2: So I had to go do that. I didn't want to. Yeah, you get it, you get it. So no, it's fine.
Speaker 1: The Chinese just found some space bacteria, so they should probably interact with that, huh on their space station they should.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, let's see what they come up with.
Speaker 1: It's not probably the end of civilization, that's okay. Maybe all right, So since it is a Friday, a Friday type of vibe, what's going on with the weather.
Speaker 2: The weekend is going to be a lot better starting the real Friday.
Speaker 1: I don't like the edge that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so you said, pretend, let's go with the good stuff. I think for today, the rain that's come on through is over for now. This afternoon we may see something try to fire, something isolated, especially to the east of the triangle, so extreme eastern parts of the state. Maybe a stray shower, thunder shower. Why sun and clouds and mid upper eighties, a little dropping commidity. Are already starting to see to the west even of the Triad now lowerd points where they're now dropping into the sixties, where earlier in the last couple of days they've been actually in the seventy degree range or mid and upper sixties. So some drier air is coming in a better feel to the air mass. Tonight, we'll wake up in the upper fifties to low sixties by morning, and maybe a straight shower tomorrow with sun and clouds and near eighty with the west breeze, but still not much humidity, so we are dropping this kind of tropical air mass we've been in. Friday looks great, lots of sun seventies, same thing for Saturday in the seventies with sunshine, and even for Sunday, Memorial Day might get a little mild or maybe upper seventies eighty degrees, but there might be a few showers around too, so it's not going to be bright and sunny, but I don't think a wash out.
Speaker 2: But the best days of.
Speaker 7: The next several through Memorial Day are going to be Friday and Saturday with no mention of rain, and then even around that the book ends some scattered showers at times, with no big real weather systems. At this point it looked like they'll produce severe weather or anything like that. I mean, we get into the afternoon today as these storms try to go out near the coast, maybe an isolated stronger storm or too if you are traveling early for the holiday weekend. But other than that, I think will be a pretty decent shape.
Speaker 1: Alrighty, thank you, sir, appreciate it. We'll talk back in an hour. Okay, yes, there you go, raced agic from the Weather Channel. It is seven forty eight. Hang on, you know how we roll here on the show. I'm getting a little weirded out by the National Inquirer page six, New York Post kind of coverage on his relationship with that his young bo there like with Yeah see wr L had a piece yesterday here we Go report which is a combination of their own writing and apparently a New York Timespace report. Jordan Hudson told at least one person she and UNC coach Bill Belichick are engaged. So who cares? Does anybody ross? Do you care about the ongoing relationship with Bill Belichick and Jordan Hudson absolutely not. No, don't care, don't care. Were they can noodling? Were they noodling?
Speaker 4: Is she eighteen?
Speaker 1: Okay, then I don't care. I believe she's twenty four. So it's doing the math here, yep, No, good to go, Like, what are we doing here? Have he cheats at something? I want to I want to hear what it did, not necessarily on her, but like at football, I want to know, hold me round of jokes. If he deflates her, I want to know, because that would be murder. I want to know so you can report that. But who cares what she's run around telling people?
Speaker 5: They like?
Speaker 1: There was like three Belichick pieces yesterday, one where his ex, who's like old enough to be her grandmother, was like, apparently they ran into each other at some part already in some rich person's place, and his ex was not nice to her.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, yeah, it's going to be super awkward, right, But of course, so you mean that it doesn't matter who you are, it'd be awkward no matter who you are.
Speaker 1: Correct. Yeah, you're a sixty year old woman who's meeting your twenty four year old replacement. You're gonna have some feelings about that. But I don't care. If Jordan Hudson wants to run around saying they're engaged, I don't care. Didn't you like sign a real estate empire over tour? She's doing okay, she'll be fine. Now if you're a UNC fan, it starts impacting, like if you have concerns whether it's impacting your team. I understand why you're leaning into it, but who cares what she's telling people? The whole thing is weird? Man, do you hear me? Let me use some words so Jordan wouldn't understand if she's listening. It's grody. Okay, I'm sorry, I just had to take one. But who cares if they're happy whatever. Dude's seventy three is living the I don't some of you I dealing well with that. I can't believe I'm defending Bill Belichick. I'm not defending it. I'm just like weirded out by the tabloiding nature.
Speaker 4: Of all of it.
Speaker 1: Oh, they were holding hands down by the field. What is this high school? And I'm in home room and I'm hearing the rumors from the you know, last night's game that I wasn't there for. Are we talking about the new York Times reported the New York Times. New York Times reported Tuesday that the twenty four year old has told at least one person that they're engaged. However, the story doesn't seem to go any furthers. Who cares. I don't care. What if they're married, who cares? Yeah, CaCO day radio programs. So I don't know if you've heard, maybe you've heard that Jake Tapper's got himself a book. Well it came out yesterday, and everybody slicing and dicing through this thing. There is crazy stuff in there. It doesn't you know. It doesn't get away from the fact that everybody knew all this stuff and only now when they can find a profit motive where we allowed to talk about it. And Tapper, I get. I don't want to say. To his credit, Tapper's out doing the interviews. He was on Megan Kelly yesterday, and I mean she asked the right question. Listen to how he slimes his way out of this.
Speaker 8: I will acknowledge that after I was named.
Speaker 1: This is basically like why didn't you cover any of this stuff? What the hell are you doing? Because she her it was a very aggressive question and basically it's like, like you all knew and you didn't say anything. What the hell's wrong with you?
Speaker 8: I will acknowledge that after I was named UH moderator comoderator of the debate, I tried to make sure that my coverage was fairly vanilla, both about Trump and about Biden, because I just wanted to get to the debate. And you know, the Biden people and the Trump I'm kind of frankly surprised that either one of them agreed to have me as a moderator because both sides disliked me so much. But yeah, I remember that moment, and I remember that moment, the glitch at the immigration event and not getting much attention outside of conservative media at all. And Alex and I are here to say the conservative media was right, and conservative media was correct.
Speaker 1: To stop calling it conservative media, because it's not just conservative media, it's people with eyeballs. This is what irritates me because it keeps getting couched as conservative media. It was the only one saying this, And while they may have been the only ones saying it from a media standpoint, everybody knew, even people supported Joe Biden knew what was up. They just made a judgment call that they hated Trump more in a lot of instances. So no, I get irritated by that.
Speaker 8: And that there should be a lot of soul searching among me, but among the legacy media to begin with all of us for how this was covered or not covered sufficiently.
Speaker 1: You want to know how blatant it is. So there's a story in the book. And they even talked about it on CNN yesterday because it kind of had to all right, Ross, did you know about the fake town hall? I didn't know about this un till I just read about it this morning, the fake town hall.
Speaker 4: I've heard about tons of fake stuff with the administration, like the cabinet meetings and stuff like that, but I haven't heard about the town hall.
Speaker 1: All right, So, and I just want to point out that this stuff is so big that it wouldn't end up that it absolutely would end up on people's radar, and simple follow up questions probably would have brought this to light. So the Biden campaign spent like three and a half million dollars to film a town hall, except it wasn't a real town hall. It was Joe Biden with a bunch of actors, a bunch of quote unquote supporters who also so happened to be in, you know, acting, which is not surprising a lot of Democrat actors. So they filmed this whole town hall and you never saw it, and you never saw it because after they spend three and a half millions, So you got to have the pro crew there, you got to have the sets, you got to have everything, and then you shuffle in people who are given questions. There's nothing organic about this. They're given questions. They filmed the whole thing. Why do you think you never saw it? If you had to guess ross since you didn't know about this, why do you think we never saw it?
Speaker 4: Be maybe Biden's performance was just awful.
Speaker 1: The lighting was bad. Oh the lighting according to campaign officials, however, in the book, which is the excuse they gave people, because reporters were like, why is there a three It's literally was on his schedule three hour thing where he's filming something, And they realized he filmed a whole fake town hall, which should be a story, right, because they were going to present this thing as said, hey, here's some undecided voters, let's see what they think. Apparently the lighting wasn't the issue, which I don't know how you would think that that would be a coherent answer. They got the lighting, well, we forgot to turn the microphone on.
Speaker 4: A three million dollar production. You're getting the lighting wrong, correct, Yeah, that's okay.
Speaker 1: Now, apparently apparently he was so incoherent that he started being verbally combative with the fake people.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they couldn't even fake it. They couldn't fake the fake town hall he started.
Speaker 1: Remember it was like, ah, you want to go outside. Remember he's threatening to fight people. Years ago he called him fat?
Speaker 5: Yeah, fat?
Speaker 1: Or what was the dog faced pony soldier. It's a sort of craziness this guy. It's it's a fake. It's fake.
Speaker 4: Everything about the campaign, about the administration was fake. That's why they had the weird Oval office.
Speaker 1: Yeah, super weird is that? Did you see the press secretary over doing a little hit from it the other day? She's just like, how weird is this? No, that's pretty weird.
Speaker 4: It is because right across the strait is the actual Oval Office, but they would film their stuff in this fake Oval office across the street like the studio. So weird.
Speaker 1: Well, they needed more space, they said, But when she panned around it doesn't look much bigger than the Brady room, the press room. The whole thing is strange. So they film the town hall. He knows the questions which he's clearly been given the answers to, right, because the whole thing is scripted.
Speaker 4: And we've seen that before too, with him having no cards with the exact words from reporters in the audience, like what they're going to say and what his answer is.
Speaker 1: We've seen that, yeah, and the picture of the reporter too, so he doesn't get confused. Right, So you filmed a three and a half million dollars. Think the press clearly knew what was up. They're working in that White House every day. You're filming this thing three hours out of the president's schedule. Especially a guy or a guy who doesn't really do anything right, they call a lit at one o'clock usually, So they film a fake thing and nobody asks follow up after they're like, wow, we didn't like the lighting. The lighting was bad.
Speaker 4: But I mean, even if it's a quote legitimate town hall, so many of these things you see on TV are just produced all the hell anyway, where they're sort of fake. This is what you're saying, it's so fake that they were actors and they weren't even like real voters. And they because a lot of times with these quote real town halls, they'll come in and they'll write their questions on a note card, and then the producers, there are people involved in the campaign, pick which which questions they are answered, and they have and I don't know if it's like the people from the campaign that pick them or if it's from the networks, but the networks are pretty much.
Speaker 1: The sponsor of it, but a lot of them are politically in the.
Speaker 4: Fact that the networks are like for the Democratic Party anyway, they might as well be like another arm of it. So they're picking questions that are you know, nice or like, Hey, Joe Biden, what's your favorite I.
Speaker 1: Want to talk about? Yeah, it's kind of their talking.
Speaker 4: Joe Biden, tell me about this awesome policy you have. And that's why they would do the same thing for Trump. But the questions they would pick out from the audience would be like the really bad ones, like you know yeah, And then you'd watch the two side by side and you'd be like people that go to the b it's like super positive. And then when you'd watch the Trump one. You're like, he's hitler because that's coming from the questions that they collect.
Speaker 1: And and this isn't even that these were written by the campaign. This isn't even this isn't picking the cream of the crop. And so to get argumentative with people who are asking a question that you wrote, right, that's a problem. Yeah, you couldn't even hang with that. They're like, this is your this is your thing, and you're trying to You're trying to fight the perfectly groomed and probably super diverse audience that you wheeled in there for this thing. And you're getting mad when somebody's like, how come you're so awesome now? And they're like, have I not been awesome all the time? Bro, let's fight? Bro?
Speaker 4: Like what I can't imagine?
Speaker 1: Love to see tape on this.
Speaker 4: I would love to see it because you can imagine, like you sort of just alluded to how diverse the crowd probably was asking the questions, And I would love to see Joe Biden just you know, flip off, go off and you know some transit trans minority person in the wheelchair, you know whatever, wheels you.
Speaker 1: Know, wait, do you mean this? It's literally this person it's Royal Majesty from the San Francisco City Council meeting. And now you're screaming at Royal Majesty in Royal Majesty's being paid to be there. What are you asking the question you asked for?
Speaker 4: It's going fine, It's gonna be fine. It was so bad, I mean, come on, how can you be in this campaign and be like, yeah, this is gonna work going into that debate the lighting.
Speaker 1: Gotta get the lighting right, man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because you wouldn't want to purposely screw somebody over with the lighting or tempt the screen to make them look super orange.
Speaker 1: Right now, it's a good point. Yeah, you want to avoid that at all costs? Is that what Joe? You're like? Can we make them look down not dead? Do we have some not? We have some lights that add life to this. Meanwhile he's screaming at the Royal Majesty in the in the wheelchair there, And at what point? And it was over two hours, it was two hours of filming. They filmed this mess for there's a two hour tape of this. It's been three and a half million, two hours of tape. This has to come out. And at what point in those two hours are you working with campaign staff and you look over to your cowork You're like, this is none of this is usable. They're just hoping. They said that they were filming it and so that they could use the cuts from it even if they didn't run it live, like the whole thing, so they could use cuts for campaign commercials. So it's actually far worse. They couldn't find a salvageable few moments so that they could use them for campaign commercials, which was I guess the overriding goal. It wasn't even just to air the whole town hall that was going to be a bonus. They just wanted snippets for you know, five seconds of a thirty second ad where it's ominous like Donald Trump once everyone he wants everyone to die, especially babies and puppies and kittens, right, but not Joe Biden, And then you cut to them in the town hall. You know, his hand out stretched, I'm going to be the president for everybody again, blah blahlah. They couldn't find that. You know how hard it is not to be able to take Ross does it every day? I sent him a twelve minute video of the kids press conference at the White House yesterday. Right, it's not all gold in there, but it's pretty good. And what did you carve out? Total? About a minute and a half worth of stuff about a minute and a half into two separate cuts. That's twelve minutes there. We're going to find something to air if you don't know, it was take your son or daughter to work day, which is how they are calling it, by the way, to get the genders in there, just to stick it to the press people, which I thought was funny. And so they had like the kids of the White House correspondence in there asking questions. And to their credit, none of these dirtbag reporters loaded their kid up with a gotcha question like how does it feel to be a thirty five thirty four time convicted felon and a rapist?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: I was just waiting for some eight year old to badly spit that out because mom set them up. They didn't have it. They asked kids questions. It was adorable.
Speaker 5: Ish.
Speaker 1: I'm just glad the kids are young enough they don't realize what a bunch of dirtbags their parents are. So you're telling me two hours for somebody who's the president of the United States you couldn't find five seconds for a campaign commercial. That thing had to go awful. That's a train wreck. W I'll watch that from start to finish. Send me the tapes, man and check that out. You rise to the occasion, you figure something out, and if it's all scripted, you can't pull it off. Holy crap.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: Marco Rubio testified in front of Congress yesterday. Dude was on fire. All right. I tell you I like Marco Rubio a lot more doing this job. I guess I could say I was kind of ambivalent with him as a senator. I like this.
Speaker 4: No, he's got like a new sort of like at it.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 4: He's he's doing great.
Speaker 1: Yes, Oh hey he's a new guy.
Speaker 4: Or is the old guy that's come back?
Speaker 1: Maybe? I don't know. He ain't little Marco anymore. Dude's graduated. When he's going back and forth with Van Holland yesterday, listen to that, I have to tell.
Speaker 9: You directly and personally that I regret voting for you for Secretary of State.
Speaker 1: This Van, This is a senator saying he's I'm sorry I voted to confirm you, right, Because they're just like, ah, we're gonna torch this.
Speaker 9: I have to tell you directly and personally that I regret voting for you for Secretary of State.
Speaker 2: I yield back.
Speaker 10: I respond, well, first of all, your regret for voting for me confirms I'm doing.
Speaker 5: A good job based on what that's station, Secretary, And I respond, mister Chairman, you.
Speaker 1: Mean I didn't have, Senator, Please let the secretary. I'd be happy to, but then I can respond to his Your time's.
Speaker 9: Up, Senator, and willfully used. I might add your remarksment to not represent the view of this committee.
Speaker 5: Well, mister secretary, please, well, i'd like to.
Speaker 10: I can't respond to everything he said, because much of these are untrue, but I'll go through a few. First of all, I'm actually very proud of the work we've done with usai D. For example, I don't regret cutting ten million dollars for male circumcisions in Mozambique. I don't know how that makes a stronger and more prosperous as a nation. I don't redemd psycho social support services, I raised.
Speaker 9: I respond, Senator, Senator, i'd ask you to suspend you had seven straight minutes.
Speaker 1: I use my time that way, Mister Chairman, that's my right to please suspend that way, Secretary review.
Speaker 5: There's other things here.
Speaker 10: We spent two hundred and twenty seven thousand dollars for Big Cat's YouTube channel from USAID. We spent fourteen million dollars for social cohesion in Malli, whatever the hell that means.
Speaker 5: So I can go on and on. I got the list here, and there's more that I didn't even bring the whole list.
Speaker 10: In the case of El Salvador, absolutely absolutely we deported members gang members, including the one that you had a margarita with, and that guy is a human trafficker, and that guy is a gangbanger, and that and.
Speaker 5: The evidence is going to be clear in the days of.
Speaker 9: Rubio has the floor, Chairman, he can't make unsubstantiated.
Speaker 1: That Secretary Rubio has the floor.
Speaker 9: You Pedrick Rubio should take that testimony the federal Fenator United States because he hasn't done it under oath.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, is he under that dude's skin? That's and then torture about the margaritas. That's hilarious. I like this, Marco Rubio, more of this. Please.
Speaker 10: There is a division in our government between the federal branch and the judicial branch. No judge and the judicial branch cannot tell me or the president how to conduct foreign policy. No judge can tell me how I have to outreach to a foreign partner, what I need to say to them. And if I do reach the foreign partner and talk to them, I have under no obligation to share that with a judiciary branch. Just like a judge cannot order me to negotiate with a foreign minister of Russia, they cannot order me to negotiate with a foreign minister the president of El Salvador. And if I did negotiate with them, which we have responded to them, and we've told them we've had communications with the President of El Salvador, I am under no obligation under our division of powers in this country and to share with the led the judicial branch how I conducted diplomacy of the United States. It would actually be counterproductive if I started sharing with courts or frankly with the media my conversations with foreign leaders and all of their details. No foreign leader would talk to me again, and we would break trust with them.
Speaker 5: So I have complied with every court order.
Speaker 10: What I won't comply with is in order to disclose what I'm saying, and what we're talking about with the foreign leader, because then they won't talk to me.
Speaker 5: Diplomacy doesn't work that way.
Speaker 1: And he's absolutely correct. You don't have to like him, but you have to understand the process of what Secretary of State and others you do with the cabinet. And you know, and he wasn't the only one. Tim Kane decided he was going to wait in there too. I got some Madio as well, but we got to take a break. We'll be back a few minutes here on the CaCO Day radio program. Publishers of the Chicago Sun Times and the Philadelphia Inquirer. I don't remember which company owns those two, but so they wrote they had a big like get ready for summer supplement and I know you guys are all big newspaper readers still, but and it was like it was pretty too. It was like sixty pages. So it was this big insert that was in their most recent Sunday editions and there's some issues with it. Included in the sixty page supplement was a summer reading list for twenty twenty five, a recommendation and even a short summary with excerpts of fifteen novels that the editors there at Chicago Sun Times the Philadelphia Enquirer feel would be good if you do the book thing during the summer. Are you sitting on the beach reading some good stuff in here? Ross? There's a new there's a new Ray Bradbury book called Dandylion Wine. Do you let you ever read any Ray Bradbury? You get into his stuff like Fahrenheit four fifty one, any of that stuff. I was a bit of a sci fi reader. Pretty good stuff. They have another book here called Let's See Atonement by a guy who curiously sounds like he's almost named the same as the dude who played Obi Wan And listen to this opening on the hottest day of summer in nineteen thirty five. The novel shows how a series of misunderstandings and a lie told by a young girl changes multiple lives forever. It discovers, you know, racial tensions, emotional complexity. So it sounds like it's a young white girl led about a black dude and bad things happen. It's basically Emmett Till story. Now why am I bringing this up? Because I think you're gonna go and find these fifteen books no, I know for a fact you're not. Do you know how I know? A bunch of the books are not real? They're not real books. In fact, of the fifteen books recommended by the Philadelphia in Choir and Chicago Sun Times put into a sixty page supplement jammed in the newspapers prepare their readers for a woke reading summer. Of the fifteen books, how many do you think are real? Fifteen to choose from? How many are physical, actual books that exist that you could buy? Five? And people are like, how could this have happened? How could it have happened? Clearly it's ai right. Whoever was the author of this thing was like, oh I got to put a sixty page book supplement together. It fired everyone I work with. I got and when do I have it? When's my deadline? May eighteenth or whatever Sunday was. We go to the aish, Oh yeah, I finished it in one day.
Speaker 5: Here you go.
Speaker 1: Didn't check to see if the books were real? How does this happen? Wouldn't you you google if you're if you're because remember this is an editor who is an editor for things like this. This is what this is their world, This is what they're doing pop culture and books and movies and this is and and you didn't google to see, Hey, here's a book by Ray Bradberry I've never heard of. When you're somebody who writes about authors, maybe I should see Maybe I should just make sure the summary is correct.
Speaker 4: You'd think.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 4: It's like when Jordan Peterson was debating AI and the AI just started making up case law.
Speaker 1: And he had to he had to correct it, and then it apologized.
Speaker 4: Right, And most people wouldn't be able to call it out like that, but you know, he's sort of an expert in what he was debating. It's like, this is all made up bull crap and and yeah, eventually the AI was like, yeah, you got me that one. But there's only a matter of time before AI delivers some sort of government agency or entity, some false intelligence or answer that leads to something tragic. It's only a matter of time.
Speaker 1: Well, and but it's so googleable, the word like one one one query on Google or whatever one you want to use about a new Ray Bradbury book, which should tip you off a little bit.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's exactly turning novels out at the moment. Unless they discovered some manuscript. But then it would be huge news.
Speaker 1: That'd be a huge story. It's like, uh, what's his bucket? Steinbeck? You know there is an unpublished Steinbeck novel, right, that's true, that's the thing. And when we found out about it, that was a big deal people because people wanted it. So they have an excuse to go, I guess, shoot at the president or whatever his books do. And but Ray Bradbury's been dead for like fifteen years. I knew that he's not put a new book out unless, as Ross pointed out, they you know, they're cleaning out his old cabin or whatever and his kids find a book. But you did, like you did zero, like, hey, maybe we should uh, maybe we should look at that now. Ray Bradbury did write a book in the fifties called All Summer in a Day, which is actually kind of it's kind of the plot of this book, but not really this Dandelion Wine, which I key every time I hear that that title too, I think of that, what was it Minni McCready who did strawberry wine? I can't remember who did that? That old country song. It's not that. And they just published this thing and then people, you know, idiots went to go find these books because they're like, well if the newspaper says they're good, and then like these don't work. It caused a whole thing over on Blue Sky. By the way, I saw the numbers on Blue Sky. They're only doing a million and a half uniques a week. I know, it sounds like i'd like, you know, a million and a half e uniques for our local radio show to be pretty good, although we do have a pretty good number. But for a social media platform that's available worldwide, you're doing a million and a half uniques. What an echo chamber of that is? And apparently it upset the apple cart over there because they wanted to go out and get these books that just don't exist.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: Speaking of AI, you reference that that same lunatic chick who wants to put Elon Musk in jail, the EU lady, it's like, wow, you your platform. She's actually I remember seeing a thing where she was saying that they should have AI be the judge and jury because it would eliminate bias.
Speaker 4: Dude, that is absolutely terrifying.
Speaker 1: But why wait, no bias? You want bias?
Speaker 5: Ross?
Speaker 1: I mean, are you thinking that the AI would just summarily execute everybody at.
Speaker 4: Some point, like I'm saying, I mean, it's not Listen, you're dealing with somebody's life, and you have you know, AI, which isn't always correct and can make up stuff or make a case law or makeup I don't know. I feel like a judge should be a human being who has experienced life and lived it like other fellow human beings, and has a sense of compassion and can have nuance on things.
Speaker 1: And also and also, by the way, isn't bound ideological things like you want to eliminate bias. You're seeing what's going on with the judges and all their stop orders with Trump stuff right right, would for sure put in AI, We'll start executing crosswalk violations, right, gonna watch out for that. Unless you're a half black, half Asian female Nazi, then you're probably fine because it loves you. How do I know? I saw chat GTP rendering your GPT rendering all that stuff. But if you're a cis white male screwed?
Speaker 4: Remember people are we're asking it? Like you generate a photo of the Founding Fathers and they were all like they were all like super black. Yeah, like what like Indian women.
Speaker 1: Are like yeah, and then then the Nazi one there, they're like, ah, show me some Nazis, show me some SS soldiers. And it's like, I don't know, chick looks like she's about twenty five and from soul.
Speaker 4: How many errors have we seen with AI where he just goes out of control? So yeah, I'm going to pass in the whole judge thing for now and maybe for another few thousand years.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, So Ross is not on board with that, Well, let me send you a book list so you have some time to kill while you're waiting for the AI to fix itself. How in the world does that happened? Man, what are you gonna do? Fire the one guy you haven't fired in that portion of your newsroom yet? Like, I'm sympathetic, I'm sure. And it's it's not just in in newspapers too, Like within media media has been contracting for a while. Everybody's doing something more. I can't you know, I'm not gonna get into discussions around how it's changed radio, but it's changed radio fundamentally.
Speaker 4: You know, it's changing every industry, right, But and it's very helpful to save time, so you can maybe focused on other things that you should be focusing on. Right, you can get rid of some of the busy work. That being said, you should probably check its.
Speaker 1: Work, right, especially for this a big feature, things like.
Speaker 4: The books, like check to see if the books are real. You have so much faith in it. That's why there's so many people that are you know, they ask AI and they just go with it whatever the answer is. Remember that woman last week we talked about. She divorced her husband because AI told her red red coffee ground coffee ground. So like, your husband's cheating, and this woman's like, yeah, he's cheating, gonna divorce you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, hey, I said so man, all right, so Ross is not on board for AI judge jury executioner. Well, that's the other thing. Do you let it then be the executioner?
Speaker 4: Two? It probably come up with some creative I mean, it would probably be in that regard. It would probably be really efficient.
Speaker 1: Remember the onion thing with the They had a parody of this new execution machine called the head Ripper offer it's this onion skit from you.
Speaker 4: It was one of the funniest. It's back when the onion was super funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when they were just a bunch of political hacks. It's called a head ripper offer. It was just and it was that like the whole thing was like a documentary. And then they had the prison officials after the first successful head ripper offering standing out front doing a press conference and they're just covered in blood like it's a slasher flick. Good stuff. It did the job, Yeah, super efficient, man, And they're like they're just and you could tell they're just like scarred for life. Having watched you, you.
Speaker 4: Thought the guillotine did a good job.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the point. It's like opening a soda canem It's super morbid, but it's there for you. All right. Let me transition from that to a little weather, shall we. Let's get some weather in there, and we'll do it from the soon to be vacation and raced aging. What's up man, Thanks Casey.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean most of the rain done for now. I think over the next couple of days we'll trend plenty more dry hours than we We should really notice a drop in the humidity in the coming days. Got to see a bit of a reinforcing shot of this cool air come in and Friday Saturday kind of the pick days. Of the next several Yes, a chance of showers for Sunday and Memorial Day at this time though does not look widespread, so we have to keep an eye on that.
Speaker 2: Most of our.
Speaker 7: Showers thunder showers for today are done, sunshine, some clouds, and to the east there may be a pop up shower thundershower this afternoon, may try to clip the triangle, so we have to keep an eye on that. Maybe a stronger storm or two eighty six officially maybe around Brolly get into the triangle. Probably gonna be right in the middle eighties to try at probably low eighties and a shower thunder shower threat tonight, small chance of showers tomorrow close to eighty degrees for everyone. And then how about Friday load to bit seventies. As we wake up in the fifties Saturday morning, some of us could wake up in the upper forties to low fifties, beautiful Saturday load to mid seventies and sunny, and the upper seventies on Sunday, chance of showers and a chance of showers for Memorial Day.
Speaker 2: So again Casey emphasizing not a bunch.
Speaker 7: Of rainfall around next couple of days, but certainly I'm gonna want to keep eyes and ears to the sky and a lot.
Speaker 2: Of people are going to be outdoors over the weekend. Doesn't look terrible.
Speaker 7: Hopefully the weekend forecast will work out okay, even for Memorial Day, although there is a chance of showers.
Speaker 1: Oh it's so weird too that your vacation about that, But we won't read into that. We'll just go ahead and hit a breake. Come back with Jeff Bellincher next.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Casey.
Speaker 11: Stock Market futures have been lower all morning, right across the board. Dow futures down three hundred and eighty four points ahead of the midweek session. And we're reporting today from the Fidelity Bloomberg Business Desk. The Lows posted better than expected quarterly results. Its shares are higher in pre market trading. The home improvement chain, sticking with its guidance for the year, Low says sales to home professionals have been strong. The numbers for Target's latest quarter were weaker than expected. Target says shoppers are pulling back, and it cut its sales forecast. Amazon dot Com may have owned you a refund for years. You may have even forgotten about it, but the e commerce Giant wants to make things right. Amazon says it's apologizing and issuing refunds for products returned as far back as twenty eighteen, and executive says some returns were never resolved because it could not verify that the correct items had been sent back by customers. Realtors have already said the home buying season has been underwhelming, and this could put further pressure on sales. Mortgage bankers report the average interest rate on a thirty year fixed rate home loan rose last week to six point nine to two percent. That's a three month high. Toyota doubling down on its push into hybrids, the automaker will discontinue the gas powered RAV four going forward. The compact crossover will only be sold as a hybrid. The RAV four is the best selling Toyota vehicle here in the US. Another Japanese automaker is hiking prices. Subaru says it's raising the prices on several vehicles passing along higher costs resulting from new tariffs, and drivers are keeping their cars longer. S and P Global Mobility says the average age of light vehicles in the US increased by two months in twenty twenty four to twelve point eight years in kse TikTok is likely preparing for job cuts here in the US. The Chinese owned social media company told its e commerce staffers to work from home today and wait for emails regarding what it says are some difficult decisions.
Speaker 1: Casey, oh that's that'd be a horrible day right there. Yes, it would pleasure if they wait till light five. Yeah, this cineround. They want to get a full day's work out of them. Yeah, yeah, sorry, Jeff, thank you very much. Do appreciate it. Okay, you have a good day. Yeah, there you go. Jeff Bellings for Bloomberg News. I just read the most insane thing here. Wait, hold on, are they changing the Indianapolis Race to the Weenie five hundred? Is that true? Or is this a whole new thing? No, this is part of the Indianapolis Race. Oh my goodness. So the Big Indian Race in Indianapolis is now sponsored by Oscar Meyers. So it's the Weenie five hundred. Ross. What do you think they call the where you stand if you win the Wiener Circle? I have a question. Instead of dousing each other with milk as there's some sort of other condiment spray so that this thing can just be as over the top as possible. Well, that's just weird. The race is what? So this is one of the pre race ahead of the indie thing. Okay, so this will be the Friday race, all right, and the Wiener Mobile will be the pace car. I don't know, man, there's so so weird about that. But I guess you gotta have sponsors, all right, That's not the weird thing I was reading. I was reading this. So there was an interview that was done with Erl Musk. This is Elon Musk's father, and part of the interview they delve into, you know, South Africa. Obviously that's in the news right now with you got, you know, sixty some refugees from South Africa. What's really going on there? And Erl Musk starts into the story about that one time he was so he owns a bunch of properties and he was at one of his properties in Johannesburg with his daughter, who was a sixth at the time. This is back in the nineties, and he said that after he was looking I guess he had hired a contractor to do some painting, but a lot of security on this house, and he comes downstairs because he hears these weird noises. His daughter's downstairs and he was checking out the pain chob upstairs, and he says he's there are like seven men standing there and they were attempting to essentially take his daughter. And so he starts telling the story. He said, initially one of the men, who he described as wearing a suit and jacket or a jacket and a tie, brought his arm up. He thought he was initially trying to shake hands. It was only in that moment he realized, because that there was sparks and a loud noise, that this guy had discharged a weapon at him. He said, he brought up his left arm, presumed to shake hands. I saw his hand come up, saw the sparks, heard the sound he had fired a weapon from his hip. He missed them. And he said, for twenty years I've been doing karate, so I have very fast reactions, all right, Steven Siegal and the bullet went past him into a glass door, at which point must says he went to the bathroom where he left his bag to fetch a revolver, and he killed three of the dudes and He said he had to because they were quote going they were going to ritualistically eat his daughter.