Speaker 1: Thank you Jack Fox. As we are come back here at eleven o'clock on a Friday meets, We've got Crusade for children trivia on news radio eight forty w h as Tony and Dwight Chow brought you by the Kentucky Office of Highway Safety Man. Hello, good morning, you have a you brought a friend? I did I read that?
Speaker 2: The Carlisle Rasner. We were just having an advertising meeting and oh yeah, so yes, I do love his hat.
Speaker 3: No cards, thank you.
Speaker 1: Skinny pop three bags of skinny pop. It makes it fat pop at that point.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, but it was.
Speaker 1: Skinny, but it was skinny pop. How are you?
Speaker 3: I'm good.
Speaker 2: I enjoyed a day off yesterday. Yeah, celebration of Juneteenth. I went to lakeside with my sister.
Speaker 1: Don't you have to have a membership or a past or something.
Speaker 3: My sister is a member, an artist.
Speaker 1: Is this the artist or another sister?
Speaker 3: Like all my sisters are artists?
Speaker 1: Oh boy, what happened?
Speaker 3: Artists? She's a music They need a model for the lawn of the family.
Speaker 1: Artsy.
Speaker 3: I'm artsy and athletic, I think.
Speaker 1: But they play their musicians. Yeah, yeah, okay, what did you ask if a.
Speaker 4: Model, Yes, because I would volunteer.
Speaker 3: Well, my sister is a model.
Speaker 1: We gotta meet here.
Speaker 3: That would be so funny if we took over your all show.
Speaker 1: You all know you got to bring them all in for ta Yeah, yeah, we got it and still called the view.
Speaker 2: Will call it the Pew Papa Gloria and then my sisters. We'll just turn this into my family.
Speaker 1: All right, here we go.
Speaker 5: It's all about oh yeah, the kids. I'm sorry, Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 1: All right, So they get eight of the next ten questions correctly. The last question is three Jaws questions about the movie, because it's the fiftieth anniversary and Dwight's gonna have to answer all three.
Speaker 2: I heard the episode where Austin was like not giving Jaws, you felt like the credit that it was due.
Speaker 1: I almost hit dump because I want that air.
Speaker 4: Have you noticed that Austin has not been on the show since?
Speaker 1: That's a good point.
Speaker 5: Huh, John, Are you ready, buddy? I'm always ready, Carl are you ready? I'm ready? I don't know that was Maddy mccor. I didn't put because more like more like Mattie mcmore.
Speaker 3: Did my voice catch up with what you thought I would look like it does.
Speaker 1: This is more evidence to get your damn name changed.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, radio face.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Hey, the.
Speaker 5: Rate just went up. It's a tough in here, man.
Speaker 1: I were only at twenty bucks because we started this thing over for crusade for children. So let's go to forty bucks. If you get these correctly correct? All right, let's do question number one? Are you ready?
Speaker 6: Number one?
Speaker 1: The sixteenth Amendment, enacted in nineteen thirteen, allowed the US federal government to do what.
Speaker 5: Governing stuff.
Speaker 3: Sixteenth Amendment is selling alcohol.
Speaker 1: It allowed the US government to do what he was kind of big.
Speaker 5: It's a sorry we lost the sheepardy music.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it came out.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 5: Is it tax related?
Speaker 4: What we were in nineteen sixteen?
Speaker 1: Nineteen thirteen?
Speaker 4: Thirty?
Speaker 1: Is it taxes?
Speaker 8: I r s?
Speaker 4: I thought that was sixteen, Maddy. Didn't they start uh in bezzling money for our checks in sixteen?
Speaker 1: What's the odds that you got the year wrong?
Speaker 4: Then let's go taxes because but I thought it was nineteen sixteen.
Speaker 9: John, you concur Yeah, because a prohibition was in the twenties, right, Yeah, Well I'm not Yeah, that's not it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I all go taxes, give me what.
Speaker 1: Here we go? Final answer, the sixteenth Amendment. Let the federal government do what you say? Taxes?
Speaker 8: Mm hm.
Speaker 5: Oh gosh.
Speaker 1: So first time they enacted the tax personal income tax. We didn't pay taxes federal taxes before nineteen thirteen.
Speaker 4: Well we left England for taxation with that representation.
Speaker 1: And state taxes, but not federal taxes.
Speaker 4: Can me say, let me fact check that one.
Speaker 1: Oh, stop, we're not doing that. You got to correct. You got it correct, dude, if you.
Speaker 4: Want your picture made with the Google machine.
Speaker 1: Funny enough, that's from nineteen thirteen.
Speaker 5: Question two.
Speaker 1: In medieval England? What was used as currency specifically for rental agreements? Was it sex or eels?
Speaker 5: I was wrong, I was going to say sex.
Speaker 4: I was going on the record.
Speaker 1: I was wrong, sex or eels?
Speaker 4: Nineteen thirteen?
Speaker 5: What was the question?
Speaker 1: We'll pay attention due.
Speaker 8: I was looking.
Speaker 5: I was fact checking, really okay? Made trade eels?
Speaker 1: Medieval England was used? What was used in MIDI of England? When when it was currency for rental agreements? How did you pay your rent sometimes? Was it sex or eels?
Speaker 5: I think it sex. I think it's skin trade.
Speaker 3: I hope it was eels.
Speaker 4: I don't know what if it was an eel that was renting the apartment, it would have been both.
Speaker 1: Put two dollars in the bad joke. Jack riddled me that two dollars bad joke. Jar, Now damn it, give me an answer? Uh you you answer Maddy mccorny.
Speaker 3: No, But everyone else is saying sex.
Speaker 5: I said, I trust Maddy mccorky as usually. What's most bizarre? I mean, but they're both bizarre.
Speaker 3: Right, I think we have to go with the majority here. You all said sex.
Speaker 1: So final answer sex.
Speaker 8: I don't.
Speaker 3: I stand by my answer, but final answer.
Speaker 5: Oh suddenly, look who's not a part of the team Now I told you it was.
Speaker 1: Eels? Think, Maddie, what do you do well?
Speaker 4: Some use them for sex.
Speaker 1: Shock eels a big, big thing.
Speaker 4: Eels is where you got your electricity before we have been electric?
Speaker 3: Is so freaking.
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 1: One in one not a good start, Ladies and gentlemen, all right, another multiple choice.
Speaker 6: I might tank it and take it in the shorts, just so I don't have any possibility of missing the jaws question.
Speaker 5: Don't do that, I'm taking don't do that, baby.
Speaker 1: Because you won't forgive yourself all weekend. If you don't get the three jaws question, no, that's what I'm looking at. Okay, here we go. Question number three is another multiple choice. What was the first animal to orbit the Earth?
Speaker 8: Was a dog?
Speaker 5: I can't finish.
Speaker 1: I can finish the question, or you could just open your big yeah, besides putting food in it, finish it. Oh, a dog or a monkey.
Speaker 5: It might have been a dog, but I think it's a monkey. I know the space the.
Speaker 4: John Prime song, Space monkey, Space, Let's go.
Speaker 5: Let's go with.
Speaker 1: Dogs monkey I'm calling it. By the way, this was the Russians. It was not us.
Speaker 5: A dog.
Speaker 8: Dog.
Speaker 1: Do you understand that?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 1: A dog?
Speaker 4: They did a dog?
Speaker 8: We did.
Speaker 5: They were first on.
Speaker 1: Everything until we went to the moon.
Speaker 5: Bro it was a dog.
Speaker 4: It was a canine.
Speaker 1: Hospitals, all right, somebody answer, somebody answered, Dwight. Finally, good dog.
Speaker 5: And then we did the monkey. That's exactly right, Space monkey, space monkey.
Speaker 1: And once in a while when they would roll the TV in to show some videotape for class, he would pay attention for a couple of minutes, and you're right, we did a monkey. They did a dog.
Speaker 5: That was the day I took speed so I was up for that.
Speaker 1: I don't know if the dog made it because it hit too hard when it came down.
Speaker 4: All right, I'm.
Speaker 1: Sorry it ended up in the same place where the Jaws dog did did not die? Oh really? Because the trivia for not New Yar. Question, but how many people died in Jaws? They include the dog in the number, just to tell you that.
Speaker 4: Let me don't chuck my figures. No lived, all right.
Speaker 1: Question four, good job, guys. What song was for most? They say the first rock and roll song? It was called Rock around the Clock, named the band Bill.
Speaker 4: Bailey and the Comets.
Speaker 6: Haley Haley in the comics Bill Bailey is the reason I wanted to get in radio, Bill Haley in the comics.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I want to hear it. I want to hear a little snippet of.
Speaker 1: This young.
Speaker 5: Around and all went down there, downhill from there.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well it's the reason that they said it would ruin it, rock and roll would ruin America. Well they were right, they were right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right.
Speaker 1: Question five, Dwight should know this, maybe John, maybe you here we go. Who got the first gatorade bath in the NFL?
Speaker 5: Was it Parcells? When did the gatorade come out.
Speaker 1: No, it was part straighten out since the sixties, but they started bathing people. It was it with a bucket.
Speaker 4: It was Parcels that was the first one. I Bill Parcells, I know, I know.
Speaker 1: You're all over it because your NFL trivia is.
Speaker 3: Like, I have no who. I don't even know who that is?
Speaker 1: Bath is though, right, it was the Big two himself, finalancer Bill for the.
Speaker 5: Bill Parcells.
Speaker 3: Yeah, why would he a big tuna?
Speaker 5: I'm not going to say that's an FCC valley.
Speaker 1: I think I still think he's the greatest football coach.
Speaker 5: And now, remember when there was a rumor that he was going to Kentucky.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, No, he was close. He was close.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, it was flipped out.
Speaker 1: He was close. That was not too long ago. No, No, when he was going to leave the Dallas Cowboys and come to Kentucky and be the coaches, Wow, that would have been bad.
Speaker 5: For louisll all right.
Speaker 1: Question six Jimmy Hendricks, John Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison seven. I guess the shouldn't just.
Speaker 5: Oh finished question? I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Jim Morrison and Amy Winehouse died at what.
Speaker 5: Age twenty seven?
Speaker 7: There you go.
Speaker 5: Hey, I'm twenty seven.
Speaker 3: I hope you make it.
Speaker 1: I think there was Belushi also in that club at twenty seven old.
Speaker 4: I think it was a bit older, like twenty nine on that list.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, yeah, I was on the radio at that time. We made a slight joke on it. We got smashed, like we weren't thinking it happened. And I was with another guy that was kind of a joker and we went with a joke.
Speaker 5: It was about what.
Speaker 1: He made a slight little joke about it, and you can't do it and we got killed club. Yeah, all right, good job man, good job Dwight. Let me finish the damn question.
Speaker 4: This is a no cussing show, but feel free to take your own liberties.
Speaker 1: Another multiple choice, Okay, where is the oldest annual horse race? Is it in England or Kentucky? Oldest annual horse race? England or Kentucky.
Speaker 5: It's called the Darby in England? Right, that's two dollars out of That's not bad.
Speaker 1: That's not bad. England or Kentuckland, England, England. Final answer, Yes, No, what is it really called?
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 5: It's called the.
Speaker 1: Mad This is yours? Okay, stop texting you millennial.
Speaker 3: I'm not a millennial gen z.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry. Ring What rings is just like a X boat?
Speaker 3: This is an aura ring at tracks me and my fitness.
Speaker 8: Was gone.
Speaker 1: Yeah the way it looks, that's cool.
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 1: Do you get a lot of sleep?
Speaker 3: I get really good?
Speaker 1: So what six seven?
Speaker 3: I sleep score last night? You want to know?
Speaker 5: I do want to know.
Speaker 1: I do want to know.
Speaker 3: It breaks down like how much.
Speaker 1: Rem you get? Like how many times?
Speaker 5: How many times move?
Speaker 3: Not how many times you fart? But that would be cool. Edition girls do fart you.
Speaker 1: That's a lot.
Speaker 8: That is a lot.
Speaker 5: How was your what was what was your sleep?
Speaker 3: Just toot?
Speaker 2: My sleep score was eighty four? Nice sleep on average like seven hours?
Speaker 5: My sleep score was eighty five.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay. What type of lettuce should be used in a classic Caesar salad? Uh?
Speaker 8: Ice?
Speaker 4: Not iceberg romain?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Job, guess guy.
Speaker 5: That's Carlile Rasner.
Speaker 1: He's guest guy today. All right, uh John, this one jurors? Okay, what is the term for a word that spelled the same forwards and backwards?
Speaker 5: Palindrome?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I have an example.
Speaker 5: Okay, for example, I've got a race car. Still give you a better one.
Speaker 7: I've got a tattoo of an M on this cheek and AM on this cheek. It'says mom, Okay, here we go, okay, backwards and forwards. Sometimes sometimes it says wow, but that's when.
Speaker 1: Please shut up. Answer these three questions. Okay, three Jaws questions.
Speaker 5: Music for this, Yeah, it will haunt me all weekend.
Speaker 1: Give yours, Give you the easiest one out of the three. To start? Where was Jaws filmed Martha's Vineyard?
Speaker 3: All right, you can do it.
Speaker 1: You got this, dude. Steven Spielberg named the mechanical shark what did he name it?
Speaker 5: Bruce? After the attorney.
Speaker 1: Wow and finding Nemo. That's why the shark is named Bruce. All right here, it is said to my stomach. If I thank this, you got the first two, right, buddy, I believe in you, even though you're an idiot.
Speaker 8: Here you go.
Speaker 1: Jaws was nominated for several Academy Awards. It won for three. Was one of the Best Picture. No, it was final answer for all the money for the sick kids.
Speaker 5: It was not Yeah, do you believe in the miracle? I was shipped about stars.
Speaker 1: If you tell me which movie was I know you watch watch the oscars.
Speaker 4: Uh the piano foot.
Speaker 1: No, not the piano foot. It was one who flew over the cookers that year. That year. Wow, we got it. Yes, good job, dude. It was a team effort. Today you would have had a perfect record if you listen to mcganddey mccartholl and she had shed eels. It wasn't the other one. Uh was your family texting you during that bit?
Speaker 4: No, they before they're dishowning you right now, you know that right.
Speaker 1: No, she was very she was very complimentary. Your sisters. How many sissors do you have?
Speaker 3: Three?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 1: My gosh, here we go. That's quite a household. I know what that's like.
Speaker 3: How old girls? Yeah, with all your sisters.
Speaker 5: Thank you so much.
Speaker 8: Thank you.
Speaker 5: My wife's texting me.
Speaker 1: I'm hanging out. He's like, is not gonna cut itself?
Speaker 4: Get home, Hey, Tony's breaking alignment.
Speaker 5: Baby.
Speaker 6: Finally a place listen you could trust, you could trust for maintenance or preventive maintenance on your vehicle. Family owned and operated for three generations. Why is that important? What's important? Because family owned and operated businesses they just care more. They care more about their product, that name, and the customer. You're gonna know that with Tony's break in Alignment, because they don't give you just a warranty. No, they give you a three or three year, thirty six thousand mile warranty on every single job they do. Put your mind at rest. Go Louibll's best as Tony's Break and Alignment.
Speaker 1: The BK Plubbing Supply. Happy birthday John Bergen. He has a great business called BK Plumbing Supply. And he called me and said, I'm gonna I'm gonna go. We need to get a toilet in your house. I went, what the Toto Nexus toilet changed my life. I'm not making that up. This thing is a next level thing. So you walk up on the toe on the toilet, the lid comes up, a light comes on it sanitized it with that blue light. When you sit down that this seat is heated. I didn't know how I would I would take to that. Now it's unreal. I won't use another toilet in the house. Besides this toilet bidet system. The water is heated. You have several different streams and the power of the stream is all in the remote control you have on the on the toilet. And then when you're done, you hit the button and it's got an air dryer down there. It's unbelievable. They're all over Japan's South Korea. We had that Seal team member of the Senator. Yeah, Aaron Red, he was seal. He said, oh no, I use those when I was in service overseas. He goes, Trust me, they're awesome. So get the S seven that's what I have at my house by going to BK Plemming Supply dot com. Or call John or Amy if you talk to John wishing me happy birthday at four nine nine fifty nine hundred. Back after this on NewsRadio eight forty, w Rich is all right, if this is Ford Country, you can make them here. You buy them here, you sell them here. This is what we do in Ford Country. And I believe we make the escapes here in Louisville. To me, is the best buy in all of cars and trucks and SUV's. What's up Marty book?
Speaker 8: Hey guys, how are you today?
Speaker 1: Good? Good? Get get good?
Speaker 8: God really really good? All right?
Speaker 1: I know you are because the Pacers won last night.
Speaker 8: Yes, sir, yes, sir.
Speaker 1: This was this was one of the series where it was if there were five analysts all five pick Oklahoma. They said, there's this is the this is the Oklahoma's being the best team all year statistically with wins everything else. They got the best players. They're going to win this series. It's just a matter of how many they do it in And Indiana said, no, no.
Speaker 8: No, Well, here's the thing. Oklahoma was picked well before they ever thought Indiana would be playing them, right, Oklahoma was picked to be They're picked to be Boston. If not Boston and Cleveland, if not Cleveland, then the Knicks. The Patriers were underdogs in every series. They started with the Bucks, then they went with Cleveland, then Knicks, and now this. They've been an underdog in every serious they you know, they talk about small markets and stuff, Tony, But the thing is the Patients have kind of captured the country as a Cinderella story. You know, all the last second shots about Haller Burton, uh you know, four times maybe in this of walk off shot and stuff like that. They're so darn fun to watch. They really are. It's crazy, man. I mean, they were five hundred at gotch Christmas break at the first of the year, they were five They were a five hundred basketball team. And I'll tell you Rick carlell Man, he's got that team that if that ain't Coach of the Year, they ain't won. Oh, I know because he I mean he nobody expected this, nobody including me, and I'm a fan.
Speaker 1: Okay, And let let me ask you this question. Is it is it from what Indiana has done or is Oklahoma soura we got it in the bag and they and they're choking.
Speaker 8: It's with Indiana's done. I'll tell you what you want to One of the major the main things that you know, the moment motivates you. If you're a professional player, the moment motivates you. But every series the Pacers won, the Pacers didn't win if the other guys lost it, and it was every series was like that, you know, or somebody got hurt or this or that, and many they've wore that chip well on their shower. I mean, you think about something. They're in a Game seven of the NBA Finals, Charble Barklay don't have a ring, Karl alone, don't have a rank. Yeah, I mean this is the you know, this ain't easy to do, no, are you kidding?
Speaker 1: Yeah, especially when you have now free agency and you can build super teams it's even harder to do it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean, can you imagine Larry Bird call them manage? Johnson said, everyone come on and play with us, George Jordan with you, you know, I no, no, I mean it's it's what I don't understand. These guys are in a contract and they can still force a trade. I'm by no means an agent.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't pretend to be well again. If Baseball and NBA remind me of uh, you knew the names of the top coaches in both leagues, and they were personalities. They were huge personalities. I remember, you know, Letterman Show, Carson, they would have the all those personality Sparky Anderson to whoever on the late night shows. Because they weren't just managers of these major league teams or NBA teams. They were personalities, and they were guests on TV shows.
Speaker 8: Frank Blaydon of Utah was one of the funniest guys.
Speaker 1: I remember that.
Speaker 8: That was funny, and you know people like that. They were personalities. You know, take Yogi Bart or whatever, take just just any any of them.
Speaker 1: I remember when they yeah, didn't they play the Lakers in one of the series finals or whatever it was, and he pulled a comb out and combed his hair because Pat Roddy was the coach of the Lakers. I mean, they used to do stuff like that.
Speaker 8: Roy. You remember the Kevin mckel when Larry Bird and it was like game five or something like that, and it was this series was nodded whatever, and they said Bert come in before they had halftime and said no more layups. So there's coach back then. They didn't had no flagrant one and he gave me a boo boo or whatever. Crap. You just knocked the crap out of people, right, And Kevin McHale flows why Kurt rampis so bad? His foot was by the rem when you need to replay absolutely ex closed line his ass and they went into the deck with reporters and I mean or the cantermen or whatever.
Speaker 1: That was.
Speaker 8: S that was really especially if you're a Celthic fan.
Speaker 1: H So, okay, so let's break. Let's okay. When is the finals? When is the game seven Sunday night?
Speaker 8: Throw eight o'clock tomorrow night. Because they just don't care about those people who got to work on the Mondays.
Speaker 1: I know, I know they don't care. They do, they don't care it.
Speaker 8: Used to be. It used to be. You know, number one rated show is every week during during the season. Is the fourth third NFL game of the week. Yes, okay, okay, so it's not you're not getting viewers or whatever. Showy.
Speaker 1: Well, they keep begging, they keep thinking at some point California in the West coast will watch. They don't care unless it's the Lakers.
Speaker 8: Yeah, they care less. I mean, watch it the Dodgers game. That is a a status gay is all it is. They don't show up about the fifth innings and they just want to be seen.
Speaker 1: Yes or whatever it is? Oh no, yes, yeah, correct, correct, all right, meeting that I was.
Speaker 8: Out there for a meeting one time, just real quick, and the you know, pro football starts at ten o'clock or where. We couldn't find any places open up to watch it because it'll pear.
Speaker 1: Okay, anyway, I don't care, you guys, all right, take it. So what's the obviously you're picking the Pacers? Are you getting points?
Speaker 8: Getting seven and a half? You know this? They keep they keep over underestimating, they keep underestimating them. I don't know. I mean, it's everything points towards Oakland or Oklahoma City, but I'm going pacers plus seven and a half.
Speaker 1: All right, No, I would do the same, even though it's on the road. Game sevens are awesome. All right, real quick, before we start talking about I'm I've never leased a truck, a new truck or anything like that. They still do those? Or do you recommend buying or leasing? We're going to answer that question here a second.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I would absolutely go with I would. I would go with your driving habits if the driving habits is short, driving habits if you like to be in a trade cycle and always under warranty at leases for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, all right, So Bill Parcels, we had a Bill Parcells question. He was the first coach to receive a gatorade bath and the one that it happened in nineteen eighty four, but then again it happened again the second time in the Super Bowl in eighty seven, which made it the regular thing to do. Remember before there wasn't a gatorade bath. Now everybody does it after a big game with with the with the players. And even though you know there and you know they used to tellustrate it too, like here's the here's what color, and you can buy you can bet on what a flavor or color of the of the data rade is. Yes, but it started with Yeah, started with Bill Parcells. He was a pretty good Dallas coach.
Speaker 8: He took the worst quarterback ever and Quincy Carter and brought him to the playoffs. Yeah, and but but but he didn't want to work with for jackass and nobody's doing. You're only gonna get puppets this Brian Schottenheimer. Nobody in the league would have parked this guy. Nobody. But you know that that's that's the thing is, it's all about Jerry Man. He's got to stay in the news cycle, and he does. They talk about it all throughout the winning and they're terrible, So who knows. I think he would as long as his name's in the spotlight. I don't know that he cares they win or not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't even think about that. Bill Parcells. To me, he is top three coach of all time in football and and he and and you're right, he couldn't. Bill Parcells as kind of a uh you know, he is the room and I guarantee you Jerry Jones didn't like that.
Speaker 8: No, No, he owned the room and whatever. And it's like the famous Jerry Our famous Barshall's quote about running the team. He said, if you want me to cook dinner, I'm shopping for the groceries right right, think about it. You know he wasn't shopping for the groceries with Jerry Jones.
Speaker 1: No, no, not at all. All right, let's talk trucks. The Ford F one fifty. I love that that truck. It's best selling truck in America for forty something years and you can get them here at the A plan Now with you guys, well.
Speaker 8: Ye'll tell you what you got. Double depth of things too. How about the military, anybody that is active, that is retired, your spouses, your kids, had anything, a reservist, had anything to do with the military. You're getting an extra thousand bucks through July seventh. So as a thank you to the you know we talk about the best buy a country mal promise. That's a thank you and that's part of part of you know, man, everything that's going on in the world. What would we do without these troops and what would we do without them? So as a thank you, an extra thousand bucks you can get it on the leaf like he was talking about combining that with with a plan, pricing and stuff. Man, you can get pretty good payment right now on a very expensive truck. So now's the time. The fourth is the end of the A plan for everybody. So carries forward dot com. Carriage forward dot com.
Speaker 1: Or go see my friend at Lewis and Clark Parkway right there in southern Indiana. Worth the trip over there to talk to the guys and get that a plan for an escape or a bronco whatever you got, Marty Buck, We love you, buddy, love you guys.
Speaker 8: Have a good Pacers Sunday night.
Speaker 1: Go Pacers, Thanks Marty. I bet you the gear John is uh, there's gonna be a lot more Pacers gear around here than we know, right, I mean, yeah.
Speaker 9: You've ever seen anytime one of the teams that I guess you could consider a local team, even gether in a different state, start doing well. Do you see the same thing with the Bengals in the NFL. You start seeing all the pop up in all sorts of different places.
Speaker 1: When Joe Burrow got there, they went to the playoffs and we were in the old building. You I was just like, all these people started wearing their Bengals gear, and I'm like, what is going on, dude, has been forever. Yeah, you've never worn Bengals gear until this year.
Speaker 5: What's funny.
Speaker 9: Whenever I was a kid, I saw so much Colts gear around here. Yeah, Colts have been irrelevant now for so long. I don't know anybody who has Colts stee.
Speaker 1: Well, the owner passed away, that's.
Speaker 5: Right, Jimyer say a couple.
Speaker 1: Of weeks ago. Yeah, and he was he seemed to live life to the full.
Speaker 5: Is his daughter the new owner? By default?
Speaker 1: I thought I saw that or I have no idea on that one, but maybe he was the issue.
Speaker 5: Yeah maybe.
Speaker 1: I mean again, you get you get some argue. The second best quarterback of all time, at least, you know, the hardest working ever. Him and Tom Brady were perfect, and there was such a you know, we talk about the doubting on Lamar Jackson and all that, even though he's won two MVPs in for five years of the league, which is crazy. Peyton was slapped with he couldn't in the playoffs, and then he was slapped with he couldn't win in bad weather like at Pittsburgh or at in Boston for the Patriots, Like he couldn't go up there and win that he had to get the Dome game for the AFC Championship. I mean, and that was the thing on him. It took him a long time to win his title.
Speaker 9: And now with Lamar, do you feel like they still kind of have that conversation now so they can't beat Josh Allen and the Bills at him.
Speaker 1: I used to think it was insane until last year's game. I mean, you go thirteen and three, thirteen and three, fourteen and two two MVPs and you melt down in the first couple of rounds in the NFL playoffs. Like I used to say, Okay, he's young, he'll figure it out. But last year just the melt down again. Because I thought it was I thought it was it. I was like, Okay, they got it. They're going to get it done this year. With Big King Henry those games last year when he would just go Lamar would go all right, time to get the ball to King Henry and he would just take the game's over. I was like, who's going to stop these guys.
Speaker 5: It's funny.
Speaker 9: There's a hierarchy in the AFC right now. If you're like Lamar can't defeat the Bills. The Bills can't figure out how to beat the Chiefs in the playoffs. And I guess the Chiefs finally got humbled by the Eagles in the Super Bowl last year. But it'll be interesting to see if things can flip around.
Speaker 1: We called it early on the Chiefs and said, this reminds me of Brady and Belichick and every year we go, they have nobody on defense, They lost their starting you know, big time wide receiver, go to Miami whatever. The Patriots did that every year and you were just like, towards the end, we didn't know anybody, and they kept winning the Super Bowl. And that's what Kansas City is doing now. So now they've become that and in it. The NFL loved obviously the Taylor Swift stuff and all that, but at some point they start to tear you down. Now, the Kelsey Brothers are pretty popular, but is that podcast still popular you think, or is that going to be a flash.
Speaker 5: Listen to it?
Speaker 9: And I know Jason kel season on a million commercials nowadays. Anytime anytime I've been watching the NBA Finals, every time they go into a spat block, it's Jason Kelcey shuffling through the channels for whatever game to watch.
Speaker 1: Or something like that. You know, I think that that's a flash. Like I said, with Taylor Swift, you know, we build people up in this country, we destroy you, and then we hope that you make a comeback because that's what America does. But something will happen with Taylor Swift, something will happen with the Kelsey brothers. And I just don't know. I don't know. They paid the Kelsey Brothers one hundred million dollars.
Speaker 9: On Travis Kelsey. I mean he's close to retiring. He's like, oh, it's pretty old. There was no clearer point than last year. He did not look like a spry tight end like he's And plus, how motivated are you? You signed one hundred million dollars for a podcast deal. You're dating a two billionaire, most popular pop star in the world. Here's what I predict it's gonna happen. Maybe it's this year, maybe it's next year. He is going to either propose and or get Taylor Swift pregnant, and that's going to be his final season in the NFL.
Speaker 5: He'll be a dad.
Speaker 1: I gotta tell you. The Travis Kelcey Taylor Swift wedding.
Speaker 9: My goodness, it'll like the royal wedding. Oh am, oh my god, what a soap bubble. If he's still with the Chiefs, they'll do it in Arrowhead Stadium. They'll probably sell tickets to it.
Speaker 1: The NFL is so powerful, they're so huge, they cannot be touched. So many things they have done. You think that would end any other league. You know, the the CTE, the yeah, what's the brain? Too many hits, soo many times c et No, the concussion thing, Yes, concussion thing. So you thought the concussion thing would start to Nope. It took about a year or two before everything's sort of coming back again. Hell, I was on the radio in that when they came out with there were doctors for the NFL that were grading black players and white players differently on their brains. I thought, when I read the story, I checked it three times. I went with it that day. I thought, this is the biggest story in NFL history. It lasted a half hour. Wow, Like no one cared, and I was just like, what is going on the NFL? It's the only thing quick people are watching?
Speaker 8: What's that? Oh?
Speaker 1: Lots of pasta, go to lots of pasta. Louisville dot Com. Jackie's been out of town all day so and Maggie's gonna come in town today too, So we're gonna head two lots of pasta and get some sandwiches, hot sandwiches, some soup, make sure we grab some ravioli for dinner tonight. It's a grocery store, it's a deli, and it's a coffee shop right there at thirty seven to seventeen Lexington Road, in the heart of Saint Matthew's. Thanks John Dwight, have a good weekend. On news Radio forty whas