Speaker 1: Check Podcasts.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening to the Donnie and Dolly podcast. Catch the show Monday through Fudday, ten am to noon on Check.
Speaker 1: I think you're gonna want to hear this.
Speaker 2: Your local sports coverage lives here.
Speaker 1: Two nothing. It's Alva not so fast.
Speaker 2: Cohole breath with John Taylor.
Speaker 1: I say that the winner of the draft lottery should be the winner.
Speaker 2: Of the two man Loose and Rick Dolly Wall.
Speaker 3: I had a cherry tree up a little Rickie. I used to go up that tree and just sit there for hours and munch on news.
Speaker 2: Cherry years Donnie and Dolly.
Speaker 1: Ten o'clock it downtown Vancouver, Brother Paul Carson Studio. Thanks for tuning in, folks. It's Donnie and Dolly the team on Check. Don Taylor, along with Rick Dolly Wall. Ryan Henderson is our producer. He's the man that the controls our director. The voice of God is Derek Wong. How are you Lovely? Counterda over South Africa? One nil, No question about it. I think the better team won. Derrick Wong and Ryan Henderson the only two people in this country not entertained. I was by that game. I was, And did you notice, by any chance would you say that that was a big event, an important event. Yes, all sorts of people watching. Did you notice what Jesse Marsh was wearing Gray was he was wearing jeans?
Speaker 4: Oh, jeans, right?
Speaker 1: And I think this is a lesson to everybody whenever there's a big event, don't think shy or anybody is gonna anybody should criticize you for wearing jeans. Harkening back to Ryan's wedding, for people who have want to watch this show for a long time, I took a lot of heat because I wore a nice pair of what I would call dress jeans tostify a wedding. And I think Jesse Marsh would back me up. More on that later. Paul Dolan is going to join us to talk about Canada's big, big victory round of thirty two and now they await the winner of Morocco versus Netherlands to see who they play Saturday in Houston in the round of sixteen. I can't believe I'm saying that about Canada. Also, speaking of wearing things, I you were critical of the of Team Canada having to wear the black Ice jerseys, the black iyes kits yesterday. They're two and all those things.
Speaker 3: More on that later. Again, they don't like them. I still don't like them, but I want red. I want red.
Speaker 1: Well, it's up to FIFA. FIFA makes the call on what teams are going to wear. Now, we're not being disrespectful here at folks. We're going to talk more about what happened yesterday down in Los Angeles. What a special, special day. But some news has broken within the last hour regarding the Vancouver Canucks. And as they take another shot at Ryan here an hour and a half ago, he's all upset because the Canucks haven't made any moves. And I know they all these guys, I think most people would say as successful. It seems draft Friday and Saturday down in Buffalo, but no trades to talk about. And then what happens today we find out it's not that long ago that Nils Hoglander is on his way elsewhere.
Speaker 3: He is on his way to Nashville for a third pick in twenty twenty nine. You know what, Donnie, He had the one good year three years ago with twenty four goals. Last two years, he said, combined ten goals two goals.
Speaker 1: Last year.
Speaker 3: He needed to change the scenery. He had too many coaches in Vancouver, too many in Avisbord.
Speaker 4: It was time.
Speaker 3: It was time don for this kid to get out of dodge, go find something else.
Speaker 4: Two goals last year, that's not it.
Speaker 1: Injury problems last year, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: But green Boudro talk at foot. You never got traction with any of those guys, so good on him. You'll get an opportunity in Nashville to strut his stuff.
Speaker 1: So that deal happens. And within seconds of that deal happening, you say to me, well, it looks like they're making room for Brandon kalligher boom. It's like you're Prestinner Karnak, because moments later, what happens. The Canucks acquire Brendan Gallagher from the Montfrock Canadians friend of the show. He was on our show last week, this week talking about the possibility of moving back home to Vancouver with the Canucks, of course, and lo and behold it happens. It happens.
Speaker 3: I was told this morning Canucks and habs still talking positive.
Speaker 4: Everyone was positive this morning.
Speaker 3: The Canucks' habs are retaining Donnie fifty percent of gallagher six point five million dollars salary.
Speaker 4: The Habs good futures. This is your leader.
Speaker 3: This is the guy in the dressing room, good pro on and off the ice, teaches the young players work ethic. You can't lose in this trade because this trade is about fixing that dressing room, which is the worst dressing room in the end AFL.
Speaker 1: This trade you can't lose.
Speaker 3: If your culture. If this is for culture, this is for the dressing room. This is to get rid of that stench from the last two years of Peterson Miller. All these guys a huge bad body language. You're not going to see that anymore.
Speaker 1: And yet when I brought that stuff up, defend those guys left and right. So congratulations to the Canucks and to Brandon Gallagher. I think they both get what they wanted. Yes, the Canucks need to you're right, improve that culture in the dressing room. And Brandon Gallagher gets to come home to Vancouver where he was a star, of course with the Vancouver Giants seventy seven games last year, seven goals, sixteen assists, twenty three points. He had it played just three games during the Habs playoff drive, and we had Brandon on the show last week that clearly upset him. He knew it was time to go one year left on that contract. Just the one goal in those three games for the Habs during their fabulous playoff drive.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, Rick, So are you getting a twenty one year old Brendan Gallagher?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: But are you getting a guy that is going to help the dressing room?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 4: Are you getting a culture guy? Yes?
Speaker 3: How do you fix the dressing room with guys like this? So you know what, those young kids go to camp and when they see a thirty four year old is one of the hardest working guys on the ice, that tells these young kids, hey, I better get going, I better move my feet. This I for the reason of culture. This is a great move. It's a great move.
Speaker 1: Well, you say, what will the young players see when it comes to Bredon Gallagher? And from day one? Yeah, that's right. But more specifically, he is not the biggest guy in the National Hockey League. He's a small player and he goes to the front of the net. And I don't know how many times we've talked about players not just with the Canucks, not just for the Knucks, but players all over the National Hockey League who have size, who have incredible skill and they don't go to the dirty areas. This this is one goal against in the in the playoffs, I believe against it against Tampa Bay. But he goes to the dirty areas. There's a great example of it here. He goes to the front of the net. He causes havoc in front of your net.
Speaker 4: No fear done.
Speaker 1: And you know, if he can inspire younger players, for any players to do that sort of thing. He plays fearless out there despite his size. That's a big, big deal for the Kuducks. So the other thing with Brandon Gallagher, and you know, I'm the king of Minutia. I often get criticized for that sort of thing. I mentioned Jesse Marsh and the jeans and the black ice jerseys for the Canadian team. He wore eleven with the Vancouver Giants. He wore eleven with the Montreal Canadians. Is he gonna wear eleven with the Vancouver Canucks The last time I checked, No one's supposed to where Mark Messia did. Yeah, he wasn't supposed to.
Speaker 4: He wasn't supposed to, but he did.
Speaker 1: For people who don't know, Wayne Mackie passed away was the original Canuck passed away? Warnber eleven, and as a kid, I remember they retired the jersey. They never had an official banner, no right with number eleven, but the understanding was that they had retired the jersey in honor of Wayne Mackie and out of respect to the Mackie family. Messia comes along and not only takes the sea away from ever London, but he all of a sudden he's wearing number eleven and nobody's worn it since then, which kind of proves that I might be right, and a lot of people might be right. But if Brandon Gallagher ends up wearing eleven, first of all, I think he might have to. The kind of guy he is too much respect to do that. But if he does, I think, given his history, I think people might be okay with it. He's from here, but I bet you he doesn't. Let's he'll be okay no matter what number he wears.
Speaker 3: Let's see what number he does wear. But you know, I talked to his agent this morning. All along the hope was Vancouver. That was the number one desired destination for Brendan Gallagher, and he got it.
Speaker 1: Did we mention this? The Habs are going to retain half of his six million dollars salary, which is interesting because it lines up with Nils Hoglander's being Nills Hoglander. And we all remember when Hoglander signed that deal with cons three million AAV. The first thing people said was it's tradable. Sure enough, he ends up with Nashville three million, which is what they're gonna end up paying for Brandon Gallagher absolutely perseas.
Speaker 3: So you could see why, and so you could see the whole Lander deal works into the Gallagher and all these guys. Wednesday, Oh, there were four trades in the NHL. Canucks got to make four. They got to make a trade. That's not the way it works. The deal fell through on Monday. He made a couple of trades. Is everyone happy now? Is everyone happy? And so anyways, the two deals this morning.
Speaker 1: Donny, okay, let's hit some other names here. One of your favorites, Pierre Olivier Joseph.
Speaker 3: He is not going to be qualified today today by the Canucks. Yeah, yeah, today's the day to qualify players. I think the deadline scheduled to be in RFA.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was told this morning that they're not going to qualify Peer Olivier Joseph. So that means Donnie he's gonna hit the market with forber Gone and Olivier Joseph Gone. So Donnie, they're looking for veteran defense, especially in that third pair.
Speaker 1: And that leads us to who.
Speaker 3: I will not be surprised if the Vancouver Canucks are very interested in UFA defenseman Ian Cole.
Speaker 4: He's thirty seven.
Speaker 3: I get it before you start snapping eighteen minutes a game in Utah last year, can guide the young kids on the blue line, great penalty killer, eleventh in the NHL block shots last year.
Speaker 1: Done. Cole will be one of the.
Speaker 3: Leadership guys that the Canucks will check in on free agency. I'm not saying they're going to get him, but I think there's going to be some check in the boxes here. When Rick Talckett left, he he missed Ian Cole. He missed the door off. Those guys really hurt when they left that free agency. Don Ye really hurt.
Speaker 1: Tacket. The one season with the Canucks was a successful twenty three to twenty four season. He played thirteen games in the playoffs. Solid solid veteran player.
Speaker 3: And when you look at William and Wilander and the young Peterson on the blue line, a veteran like Ian Cole will help, but I expect the Canucks to be very interested in him.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's hit the waddling Dog pull questions. We have two of them today. Very quickly, experience one of Victoria's iconic destinations, Catch the World Cup at the Dog with Canada game shown live and loud on all twenty two TVs with full sound. Come sit and stay at the Dog today. People will be there, Soccer fans will be there on Saturday.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, Ryan, get her up by what's going on here? The waddling Dog pop poll question, what's your reaction in the Canucks trading Neil's Hoglander and Nashville third round picking twenty twenty nine?
Speaker 4: Look at this?
Speaker 3: Thumbs up sixty six percent, but thirty four percent say no, this was the second round pick. I believed Donny in twenty nineteen. Yes, yeah, you know that was the draft, the Coles and the Pod Colls and all that draft. So basically, I'm telling you right now, he just he had the one good year, just one twenty four goals everyone. That's how we partlaid that into that three year deal you keep talking about. But ever since then, he's had a miserable two years. Ten goals in two years not good. He's a great kid. He never bitched and wine when he went down. The one thing I was told when he got dropped to Nashville or no absperg. He never bitched or wind you know, what the hell what's going on here? He never went to his agent said get me out of here. A lot of guys do that done. You know that this guy went down. There was good foot soldiers sitting twins worked with him the whole nine yards.
Speaker 4: Really good kid.
Speaker 1: Decision making was what we heard about him on ice making was was the issue with him, because there were times when you looked at him and he's four checking and his twenty four goals that one season, and you thought to yourself, boys, what's the problem with this guy. So this leads to, because we even hit with a couple of pieces of big Connuck news, this leads to the second part or the second waddling dog poll question. Rick, All right, here we go.
Speaker 3: What is your reaction to the Canucks acquiring Brendan Gallaghan from Montreal for futures? Oh my goodness, ninety five percent say thumbs up, only five percent say thumbs down.
Speaker 4: But the majority.
Speaker 3: You can say, Donnie, you know, and you go back to his time with the vancouverge Giants. He was such a key part of their Memorial Cup teams. And he's back in Vancouver, and you know what, I have no issues with this, no, none, zero at all.
Speaker 1: He's not the youngest player in the world. But we talk a lot on this show about how all of us who have followed his team for a long time love it when the Canucks acquire players. And I believe he's still capable of this, that can bring the building alive on the darkest of nights, he can bring the building alive. Brandon certainly has been that type of player for Montreal and for the Vancouverage Giants in the past. We'll see, and I think the answer will be, we'll see him do this sort of thing. We'll see if he can still do it with the Canucks. Certainly certainly worth a shot. And he's got the one year left in his contract, Habs retaining half the salary. I think it makes a lot of sense. Break time. Here's what's coming up on the show DTMs easy just me in the eleven o'clock hour. Elliott Friedman so busy on the weekend at the draft in Buffalo. He's going to join us just after eleven o'clock. Big ride the Quitter Guy. Later this hour, Jason Bucala is going to join us from the Pro Hockey Group scouting guru. We had him on a couple of weeks ago, and boy, he did a great job on the weekend. So at the draft he'll talk about the connection the nine draft picks, or at least most of the nine draft picks that they made. And well, you know, I'm gonna ask him if he met Justin Bieber, because I thought Beebs did a fabulous job on Friday at the draft. I might be alone in that. Paul Dolan is going to join us next from Apple TV our World Cup analyst, Donnie and Dolly World Cup analysts. He's going to join us to talk about Canada's big, big win over South Africa Sunday down in Los Angeles. Hope you had a great weekend, folks. Thanks for tuning in. Donnie DOLLI the team on check Donnie and Dolly.
Speaker 2: The team is supported by Abelauctions dotz A Closing your Business we can.
Speaker 1: Help and specializes in helping British Columbia based business owners close their business and sell their assets in a timely, orderly manner.
Speaker 3: Online events for everything from machine shop and manufacturing auctions to industrial equipment, retail inventories, or any other type of business assets.
Speaker 1: Able Auctions can help. For a free confidential consultation on getting your business assets sold. Please email sales at able Auctions dot Ca, dots sales at a b l E Auctions dot Ca. Monday and all of our guests today, including Paul Dolan standing by sponsored by Bisson Motors. Bright deals and Bettered drives are ahead at Basson Motors hit the Road with huge savings going forward. Stop buy their dealership located at one sixty three one five Phraser Highway in Surrey, or check them out online at Bason Motors bas Ant Motors dot com. We're getting a lot of this in the Bayside inbox just before we get to Paul Creed from East Van the Hoglander and Gallagher trades happening right before the show. Proof this Canucks management group might actually like you guys. I think they do because there seemed to be a trend in the past where a lot of important Connuck moves are made at twelve oh five. Well but one just after our show, and we'll see if that trend continues, I hope. So all right, Canada over South Africa. One nothing, group of thirty two. Canada is moving on and here to talk about it. Donny and Dolly's World Cup analyst, Apple TV, Paul Dolan, Dolly, thanks for doing this, sir. How are you.
Speaker 5: Couldn't be better?
Speaker 1: Guys?
Speaker 5: What a game? What a what a way for Canada to start a week, the big round of thirty two knockout win something we could never say we ever probably thought it was possible, but yeah, here we got.
Speaker 1: What were the emotions you went through watching that game?
Speaker 5: If I told you the real story about what happened with me and watching this game, now, I guess you do. So I get asked to do a hit with CNN right at two o'clock after the game. So I'm scrambling around with my computer as the game's going. I don't know if it's going to end at two or go to extra time. And then it gets bumped and then we're going to change the time. And just as I go to set up my computer, I put the pause on the TV. My wife's downstairs and I put the computer up, and by the way, the computer says, Microsoft needs to restart this thing. So, as it turns out, the middle of my CNN interview gets cut off because of that. And meanwhile, as the game's progressing, I hear my wife. Yes. So I didn't even see the winning goal until I got it going again, and I knew it was going to happen. So I don't know that'll be the last time I do one of those hits again right at the end of a game, especially if Canada's playing. But regardless, we're through. I'm excited about that. And I ended up watching the whole game again anyway, and Any scores right in the ninety first minute, so fantastic scenes around Canada, and I'm loving it right now.
Speaker 1: So you missed the winning goal? Do we have to end this interview? Ryan? Is Carl Valentine available by Yeah? I actually saw the most crucial moment in Canadian soccer history. Okay, Hey, Paul, any doubt? And you look at the stats here, shots on goal seven to one, Canada, attempts twelve six of Canada. Any doubt the better team won?
Speaker 5: No, no, no doubt? You know at one point. I was listening to the commentary because I watched it on the US as well on Fox, just to kind of get their perspective. But they said, you know, South Africa's kind of dominating the possession and are in control of the game, and I'm thinking absolutely not. They didn't threaten the Canadian.
Speaker 6: Goal at all.
Speaker 5: They had that threat of the possibility of the ball going in behind with their quickness in Canada, maybe getting caught a bit forward, and they did pick through Canada's press a little bit. You know, Canada likes to get aggressive inside the opponent's half and try to smother them win the ball back there, and one or two times they were able to get free and in behind. But Derek Cornelis misses a sitter. We have the two saved off the line, another couple of good opportunities that go just wide from promise David. But we were in conmplete control of that game. And when Alfonso came on, there was just a lift. I mean, he created a couple of bits of magic as well with a nice central pass and then that little slip ball that David gets another good shooting chance on Jonathan David. So I feel like Canada was a team that should have won that game in ninety minutes anyway, and I'm glad that they did before it went to extra time because obviously you don't want to go to the penalty kick shootout where it's just up for grabs and anyone can win. But Canada was the dominant team. It wasn't a pretty performance. It wasn't their best. I was getting frustrated with the passing that wasn't connecting sometimes even balls that were played right off the field. They didn't really have it in terms of chemistry click. But in the end, there with the team that deserved to win the game for sure.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you touched on this there and I love that little flick to Jonathan David. What a setup that was for Alfonso Davies. But what kind of difference do you feel Davies made because it looked like South Africa was very worried about him, obviously.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and that's it. It's not just that he focused the attention a little bit on him to maybe free up some space elsewhere. It's that he had that threat of doing something that Liam Miller just wasn't able to do. In the end, I like Liam's endeavor. I like the fact that he looks to be aggressive and get forward and he's pretty tidy on the ball. But in that final third area where you need a final action that produces something, he and t Jean Buchano on the other side just weren't able to do that. Whereas Alfonso comes in and right away he plays that threatened ball centrally and then he's able to get through a player and then just a little outside flick pass that no one else on the Canadian team was able to do at that moment, and that did draw him a tension, did free up some space. You know, he wasn't involved in the winning goal, but again I think his presence lifted the rest of the Canadian team as well, so that they felt a positivity of belief that they could get something before it went to extra time.
Speaker 3: But Paul's some nice touches by him down low on the left side. I really, did you know, a world class play spot a week off now for Canada? Ken he go from fifty what can he go from fifty minutes? What do you think to next week?
Speaker 5: I wouldn't say more than thirty records at Also, that's realistic. I don't think you can start him, but maybe comes on as a sixty minute sub, and then you've got that consideration that sixty could be ninety right with the extra time, So I think you use it. You know, more and more a here of managers that focus on the importance of using their finishers or their subs rather than who starts. A player always wants to start. That that kind of is something that forever and ever a player is more focused on off the coach didn't start me in a game, but the importance of finishers when the game is worn down, when you've seen the patterns, when you see the opportunities. And I think Jesse Marsh has actually made really good subs in the games that we've seen Canada play in this tournament, particularly the first game where Kyle Laren comes on as a sub, and Jonathan Assorio did well in that game as a sub, and right through the tournament obviously up until yesterday. Well Alfonso comes on and Schaffelberg puts in a great cross as well, and Nico Sigurb by the way, the kid from Burnaby. Not much has been said of this, but his little touch around the corner that set Schaffelberg in full flight down the flank because we ended up setting up the goal with a cross in and the head of route that a Stacuo took so well. So I think Alfonso probably doesn't have more than thirty in his legs, so I wouldn't consider him probably any earlier than at least a halftime sub thinks either the Netherlands or Morocco.
Speaker 3: Paul to get to Round of sixteen with fifteen minutes in four games from your best player? Other injuries galore? What is it about this Canadian team like this? It seemed like before the tournament and during the tournament they just keep getting hit with bad news with injuries, but keep winning.
Speaker 5: You make a really good point that not enough people, I think are talking about because.
Speaker 1: And I was bitter.
Speaker 5: Irrationally after they had lost the game against Switzerland, because it's just so disappointed that we wouldn't see Canada in Vancouver. Yes for those next two games, have they beaten Algeria as it turns out now to play then a Round a sixteen game at BC Place. I was kind of just personally upset that our big opportunity as Canada was probably gone. Where we going to go down to Los Angeles. We're going to play the South Koreans as it was at the time we thought, and get smoked because of the pro South Korean crowd and a very good team. But things change. Things change in football, and that factor of we're not even playing with our best players. Our best player has played fifteen minutes in the tournament, Moy's bomb, Beido gets his first start, not fully promise David's come back from a big injury. Even Alister Johnson was heard at one point is Mail Cony. I mean, the list goes on and on another player. Nobody talks about Marcella Flores, who I think could have been a real big X factor coming on acl just before. It actually is incredible that Canada is in the round of sixteen with all those injuries, and you have to give credit to Jesse Marsh the team obviously, the way they've come together, it's almost galvanized them in some way that we can prove that we're not just about our best players, We're about all the players who've come together and produced a really good run at this World Cup so far.
Speaker 1: Jesse Marsh said he told his players they wanted at some point during this tournament to take on a giant. So Saturday in Houston, Canada versus either the Netherlands or Morocco, who play each other later today. Is there such a thing as a favorable opponent, favorable matchup for the Canadians.
Speaker 5: No, there isn't, I think, if I'm not mistaken, there six and seven, seven and eight, yes, yeah, yeah, six and seven. So where we sit is around thirty that that's not favorable in any way, But it's a moment they've been looking for. It's their time now in the World Cup to really test themselves against a giant. They played well against a fifteenth ranked team in Switzerland, a really good team at home. Now you're at a neutral site. There will be if it's the Dutch or if it's the Moroccans, regardless, they'll there'll be a large majority fans wearing an opposite color from the red of Canada in that game. But I think they're prepared for it, I really do. And I think the pressure off as the underdog kind of helps Canada as well, and that they've I don't want to say overachieved, because I think a lot of people definitely thought as a host nation in a favorable group that we should get out of the group, if not win it and win or knockout game as well, because it's around a thirty two rather than a sixteen as it has been in previous World Cups. But that's not to say that they are capped by what they've done. They want to go and prove that they can play against these types of giants, and I think that they can have a good performance. Can they beat them? That's going to be very, very difficult, but it's not to say that it can't happen.
Speaker 1: Okay, you know what happened yesterday. It was bad karma. Your focus when it comes to broadcasting should always be on check TV and Donnie Doney, you were working for CNN last night and look look yesterday, look what happened. Don't be bad. I'll the focused on this show, all right.
Speaker 5: No more, no more. I'm a single day guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I have fun watching that Netherlands Morocco match today, and we all look forward to Saturday. We'll try to get you on the show before before Saturday. This is our last week, by the way, before we go on our nine hundred week vacation.
Speaker 5: So we won't be on for the World Cup. Final. No, it was going to be a one off show. If Canada gets to the.
Speaker 1: Final, Rick and Ry will be for that.
Speaker 7: And you.
Speaker 1: Okay, you know what, Hey listen, if they make the World Cup final, we will do a show. We will, all right, sure, we will, all right, promise appreciate it. Paul, Thanks so much. Paul Dolan from Apple TV, Donnie and do Ony World Cup analyst and again Netherlands Morocco. Canada lost to Morocco last time around the world. If I'm not mistaken, Netherlands Morocco later today and then Saturday in Houston. All sorts of fun. All right, a break and then up next Jason Bucala from the Pro Hockey Group to talk about the NHL draft over the weekend in Buffalo. Donny Dello the team check looking for the ultimate Vancouver Island getaway. Head to beautiful Parksville and experience the Bayside ocean front resort, where every stay feels like a vacation you'll never forget. From sunrise walks on the beach to sunsets on the patio, Bayside puts you step from the sand with ocean views in every direction, splashing the indoor and outdoor pools, hit the fitness center, then relaxed with a hand crafted cocktail at the ocean Front Restaurant and Lounge. Whether it's date night, a family trip, or a corporate event, Bayside is your perfect year round escape. Book your getaway now at two five oh two four eight eight triple three. Your Island adventure starts here.
Speaker 8: We talked about this and we had some direction from obviously RJ and the staff, and you know, we we we wanted to get bigger, wanted to get faster, wanted to get harder. And obviously, you know we can say, oh, we didn't take any skill, but these guys, let's not underrate the skill on these guys. Like, these guys have skill, and I think they're still developing and and but definitely we won't get pushed around.
Speaker 1: Todd Harvey, Canucks director of Amateur Scouting. I thought he was just forget Justin Bieber. I thought Todd Harvey, Yeah, post draft was the SORR. The show. He was so excited.
Speaker 3: Afterwards, a great interview. I like listening to No Hockey. He was a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: All right, size are hard to play against, that sort of thing. That's what the Connucks we're looking for at the draft. We'll see what Jason Bucola thinks of all of that regarding the Kannucks focus. All of our guests today, including Jason, sponsored by a Pison Motors Break Deals Better Drives Ahead at Pisant stop by their dealership located one six three one five Fraser Highway in Surrey, or check them out online at Pont Motors bas An T Motors dot com. Jason Bucola Draft Guru the Pro Hockey Group Sports that analyst front and center at the twenty twenty six NHL Draft in Buffalo and he joins us now for what the second time in a couple of weeks. Is becoming a regular Jason, Thanks for doing this, sir.
Speaker 6: How are you guys? I'll never get tired of talking with you. So this is the time of year that I enjoy I enjoyed talking prospects and especially with our Canadian teams. I'm I'm not shy. I'm a Homer. I'm from up here. So the more I can talk about our Canadian clubs, the better.
Speaker 1: Melholtrutnvatni Ragowski six other size potentially just heard Todd Harvey and what he had to say, are you as impressed by the Canucks draft performances everybody else seems to be.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I really am. I have to be honest, and I totally agree with Harv and I'm not surprised. He's a great interview because Harvor was a pro, as everybody knows, and he works. This guy really works. Your staff out there works. Harbor really works. You know, we see each other all over the place, and he's a great scout. So I digress. Though, they definitely went after a player type and at the top of the draft class. Though not only did they go after a player type, they went after character and a skill and a two hundred foot player that's gonna be in Mahol Trump talking about similar to what they had in bou Horbit back in the day. And I think that, you know, there was a lot I went on a lot of shows last week and a lot of people we're questioning should they do this? And the father son thing. You really have to park that at the side of the road, don't you, fellows, Because there's one thing, and that is you target the head coach that you want who's going to do the best job for the Canucks. They did that that's one piece of business. The next thing, let's grab the best centerment in the draft, and that's Caleb Mahult. It just so happens as the coach's son. But don't worry about it. This guy's a pro. He's ready to go. And I'm sure he saw when he's making his media rounds and you're gonna see him at development camp. But this guy's buttoned up. He wants to be Uh. He's so excited to be a Vancouver Canuck. Like he saw the real well, you know, the pictures of him as as a little boy at the games and stuff. And I tell you, like, I feel like you got a future captain type material on your hands out there. He's a two hundred foot player. When he's not scoring, he's going to do a lot of other things to help the team win.
Speaker 3: Hey, Jason, I want to ask you about Brooks Ragowski, the first pick of the second round, six'. Seven you know that those six to seven guys got big, boots that footspeed's always this issue with those. Guys but this, GUY i, Think, jason What i've been told by The PETERBOROUGH gm skatings is number one.
Speaker 6: Asset, yeah So Brooks ragowski on straight. Lines actually both guys that they Drafted nevodny On ragowski out of The Ontario Hockey. League the one thing With nevotny he's a heavy set. Guy he can really shoot the. Puck guys he's heavy in the trenches and he's got a really quick. Release ragowski as as raw as they. Come a six foot seven forward who was a baseball player essentially up until two and a half three years. Ago his dad went through the major league pipelines of several different, clubs most notably The Chicago White sox and The Oakland. Athletics so he's really just kind of bought into being a full time hockey player in the last three. YEARS i have no issues with his speed in between the blue, lines puck on his, stick, zone, exit hitting the. Rush couple. Things when you're that, long, okay and if you do have a good stride and open ice the. Defense when you're that, long that, big they got to give you a little bit of. Space they're not going to just close on you right away because you're so. Long you could chip it off the, wall just skate past them and they're never gonna catch. You he scored some goals out his OWN exitsus year ain't. Open ice made a move through the neutral, zone beat a guy wide on the offensive zone entry and went bar. Down he can really shoot the. PILL i love his. Size he's just figuring it out how to utilize his size as a power forward in the in the kind of grand scheme of things as a developing. Prospect when he went overseas at the end of the year representing THE us at THE u Eighteen World, championship played a depth roll over there played center and the, wing and that's a good thing to. Know he can play both. Positions so what do you, get worst, case a power guy along the? Wall, Right so power guy along the, wall he'll be buttoned up defensively and then down loan on the offensive, zone work off the, cycle maybe take on two checks to get a puck off of, him which opens up extra space for somebody else to do what they want to do with. IT i like this, guy LIKE i think he's just scratching the, surface all.
Speaker 3: Right the second second rof pick for The canucks And Nicholas Aaron olsen never heard a lot about, Him jason going into the, Draft what can you tell us about?
Speaker 6: Him, Okay So Nicholas aaron mosen is a is. Uh he played In. Sweden he's A norwegian that played In. Sweden he's a shooter more than a. Playmaker BUT i think his statistical analysis he had twenty and twenty in the regular, SEASON i think his statistical analysis is a little bit. Misleading and here's the reason. Why the teams that he's played, on they require him to lug the puck and transition more than than most teams. Do why because his support around him was, Minimal so they need him to push the. Play they need him to direct bocks on net more than look to make. Plays he hasn't been surrounded with WHAT i would call a lot around him up to this point in. Time uh so he's, uh he's going DID i Say? Norwegian i'm Gonna i'm getting uniforts. Mixed but this, guy you guys are gonna really like. Him he's, big he's, strong he skates very very, well and he can he's a. Shooter he can really shoot the. Buck BUT i just think there's more playmaking as. Well but here's the, thing, guys WHAT i like about What harv did. Here he ticked off some entry level Boxes can they?
Speaker 1: Skate?
Speaker 6: Yes do they have a hockey brain that you can count on to be used in a variety of? Roles i'm gonna say yes to that. Too and then the third thing is what's their competitive? Makeup, like like on their off, days are these guys going to be able to do other things than just produce? OFFENSE i think they ticked off all three of those. Bloxes you guys know it as well AS i. Do scores don't score every, Day so what are you doing on the days you're not? SCORING i need you to check a. Little or if you're feeling like a bag of nails on the road one morning you wake up In, anaheim you're not the best version of. Yourself and YOUR b game has to be what we can provide or all you can provide that. Day somebody else on your opponent's not having a great day. Too your worst day has got to be better than, theirs if that makes. Sense AND i think that The canucks drafted some character that, Wise.
Speaker 3: JASON i think four to five five of The canucks draft picks are heading to THE ncaa either this year or next.
Speaker 1: Year what are your thoughts on?
Speaker 3: That back in the old days it was back to THE Chl Western league OR. Ohl what do you think about these kids getting drafted and bolting to THE.
Speaker 6: Ncuba i'm off for, it first of, all anytime, now it's not for. EVERYBODY i have to say that as. WELL a couple of reasons. Why first Thing i'll go with the positives and the positives is That Saint Kale maholture ends up AT. BU i don't know what's going to happen at the end of development camp here if they have a different. Discussion but if you look at the guys that are going to college, hockey they're going to be challenging different way. Guys so when you are a prolific point producer at the junior, level sometimes you're gonna get matchups against sixteen and seventeen year olds if your coach is smart enough to do, that especially on home, ice and you're gonna, Thrive there's no question about. That artists scouting drafted and developing, players it's really, important especially if you start to include them in trade. Scenarios is you want to mind down on who they're matching up against the get, Results like is that the guys in the three and the four or are they scoring on the road against the top two. Lines, well when you go to college, hockey the guys in the three in the four, hole they're twenty three and twenty four years. Old this is a heavy. Flip these guys are. Men these guys are. Men they might not have the same amount of skill to playing out to BE nhl, players but you know, what they're hard out physically and they play extremely. Fast SO i love that challenge about. It you, know a guy Like navotny and different, people the timeline is all. Different it's different for. Everybody not everybody should go to college for a variety of. Reasons but if you, CAN i love the challenge of.
Speaker 1: It, Quickly, jason if you don't, mind how do you explain what happened with defenceman at the top of the Draft Dackson rudolph fourth overall To, buffalo followed By smith's Carls reid And. Veroff wasn't it supposed to be the other way?
Speaker 6: Around, well, yeah it just goes to show how close all these guys were in relation to each. OTHER i was on record saying That Daxon rudolph could be the more. inCider remember in The vandam draft or stepped. UP i was on record Saying rudolph could be that. Guy it turned out that he was the big winner in the first. Round, guys it's. Undeniable how about The San Jose. Sharks honestly, goodness they walked away With, Stenberg bearhoff and Then. Lynn so it was a fun. Weekend. UH i really like What vancouver, Did so be patient out. There it's gonna it's gonna be. GREAT i think it's gonna be.
Speaker 1: Great did you Meet beebs Justin.
Speaker 6: Bieber, yeah he walked by. Me he gave me the stink guy and he had about forty five policemen around. Him SO i didn't get a chance to be. There, yeah, no, NO i skipped past the. Beat BUT i don't know if you guys watched day two or. Not we pulled, clipbook we, Watched we pulled. Clipboard josh from The toronto The Super, Tronomy we fann ots coming. In he did a fantastic. Job that was a lot of.
Speaker 1: Fun, yeah that was that was, you me And rick when we were that, age, right you know hockey.
Speaker 6: Ner, yeah that's us and here we are today still doing the same, thing just having as much.
Speaker 1: Fun fabulous job on the. Weekend, jason we'll get you back on the. Show thanks so, much my.
Speaker 6: Friend, okay, guys have a great. Day thanks for having me on you.
Speaker 1: Bet Jason booker up pro. Hockey let's let's do. This as we go to break and get ready For Big. Rye we want to. Hear we're going to hear from the player The canucks picked twenty fourth overall in the first, Round Adam nevotny from The Peterborough. Peats this is you don't hear this not, often especially these, days but he's excited about joining The. Canucks canducks as we go to break, here excited about joining The, canucks excited about playing In.
Speaker 9: Canada canadian team AND i Mean canadians team are the most FASHION i will, say, So i'm so excited to be this. Organization so so, yeah.
Speaker 5: Why Are canadian teams the most?
Speaker 9: Special because you, Know, canada the biggest thing is just, hockey and like all the people know everything about hockey and it's just so such a big thing In. Canada AND i found out this year that it's a really big thick AND i just love. That, Right so So i'll say that.
Speaker 3: Probably looking for one Of victoria's most iconic, Stays the award Winning Waddling dog has been welcoming guests and their dogs for over thirty. Years ten minutes from the airport in The, Ferry their room blend vented charm with modern, comfort making it the perfect home base for your island. Adventures your trip isn't complete without a stop at the Legendary Waddling. Dog pop twenty, taps wald towall TVs Every canucks game AND ufc pay per, view plus an extensive daily happy, hour and before you go stuck up at their cold beer wine, store hundreds of local and imported, options plus Exclusive donnie And dolly. Merchandise The dog isn't just a, Hotel it's a.
Speaker 4: Destination come sit and.
Speaker 1: Stay just Before Big rye The twitter Guy unsigned base side inbox actually From paul And LAKE i rock. Uh day two of the draft. Sucked those four idiots on the panel talked through every. Announcement they thought that what they were saying was more important than listening To Bill daily irritating as. Hell paul welcome to his. Opinion i'm gonna Defend Jason bookley is one of the four four people on that panel things are going very. Quickly you're you're you're making a, thought you're coming through with a thought on the, air and all of a sudden there's another announcement of a draft or a. Trade it's a that's a from from a broadcasting point of, view very hard and of, course Again, paul you're welcome to your opinion that that's hard to. EXECUTE i THOUGHT i thought they did a pretty good. Job. Boy Jason buckle is very very, good Big. Rye day two of the.
Speaker 10: Draft they usually don't air the announcements because they come so. Fast usually it's like a running order you see on the side of the, screen and that's something.
Speaker 1: Huge it's tough to execute because there's not as much. Breathing, no it's, not it's not really coming fire, exactly AND i get, that so IT'S I i think it's tougher than it might. Seem, yeah for the, broadcasters especially the person driving the.
Speaker 10: Bus one of the big pieces of news this, morning of, Course Brendan gallagher coming home and play for The, canucks future considerations heading To. Montreal our good Pal Grady sass tweeted this photo out from Uh Manny maholt's final season in The National Hockey League manny on the blue line here In. Vancouver by the, way you can see The canucks in the background Carry price to his, left to his, Right Brendan.
Speaker 1: Gallagher what a great Very British columbia. Go, yeah no.
Speaker 10: KIDDING a lot of links, Here so there you, go the connection to the to the head coach and also of course to the city coming home here For price From Williams.
Speaker 1: Lake yeah lake outside Of Williams.
Speaker 10: LAKE i agree With, rake you can't lose this. Trade there's NO i don't. KNOW i don't see how you could possibly lose this.
Speaker 3: Traight if the objective was to get change the, culture, yeah then it's you got your objective with this.
Speaker 10: Guy and if he plays for games because he's, in out of the lineup or, whatever that that's fine.
Speaker 1: Too well, Again I'VE i made this comparison before and it involved A bc born player who played For montreal and helped The canucks during The Trevor linden there and that's, Right Ryan, Walter, yeah, yeah it was he the player he was early in his. Career, no but he helped the culture of that. Team he talked to any player who was on that on That canuck team during that, time and they'll they'll tell you, that so you can draw some different type of, player but you can draw some comparisons. There yan were eleven In montreal. Too If i'm not, mine.
Speaker 3: He Helped Trevor lindon when he first got. Here Ryan, Walton, yeah And Harrol snaps are our full interview With Brenda gallagher from last, week by the, way on our YouTube. Channel something we haven't talked about yet.
Speaker 11: Today you were not entertained by The canada. Game we'll say that for. Later derek AND i just so. Correct it's it's hard sometimes to be that. Way, uh there's one team that's actually. Happy they're not getting a whole lot of headlines right. NOW i, say owned THREE Bc. Lions oh, winless.
Speaker 10: Winless They first of, all let's talk about the, scene, Okay. COLONNA i mean the. Pictures look at, this the pictures are what they. Did it's not a surprise. Anymore What Amar doman and his crew do when they take their show on the road is. OUTSTANDING i, mean look at this sold, out completely sold. Out they put a bunch of improvements into The Apple bowl In.
Speaker 1: Colonna just put more seats.
Speaker 10: In they put more seats in but just, look you, know food, trucks the whole nine, yards just stand.
Speaker 1: Everything and you, KNOW i Know farham is.
Speaker 10: Complaining about the. Weather the weather turned out to be perfect for. It like just really well done from that. Standpoint pictures ten out of ten and let's show before we talk about the, Game, Derek we've got two photos of fans that have sent us photos into the, show THE d AND D twitter. Caps so this, First, ricky you got the details this first one. Here first of, all That's Jamie terriss on the left there the Great Jamie terror former.
Speaker 1: Line he's now in trying to might have to sign.
Speaker 10: Them this is From ethan From. SYDNEY i believe That's ethan on the Right. Australia that Is sydney at The lions game In colonna with one of the. Greats have a good. Show that's so it's, unsigned BUT i believe It's ethan With Jamie terris. There so that's the first photo we. Got the second photo we got this is From john And, vernon his Wife marilyn and him at The lions game In colona on the. Weekend thanks to The lions for bringing the game to the interior hoping for better results On saturday against The, elks and yes we'll be there because yeah they got the return, game not. Return they're hanging up There july the fourth against.
Speaker 1: That it's not just The, elks the three and. Zero, YEAH i know they're really, no they're they're for. Real i'm never gonna get used to that. NAME. Elx, YEAH i, KNOW i hate.
Speaker 3: IT i just hate. It you AND i grew up with The. Eskimos it's just, stupid, dumb, dumb. DUMB i don't think it's for you AND i to to sign.
Speaker 10: It but forty one thirty three stamps over The, lions and they moved on from their special teams. Coordinator The lions did, yesterday announced that move yesterday. Afternoon you knew some, changes you knew some change the. FIDAY i, mean they're just too many mistakes week after.
Speaker 1: Week including a kick return. Touchdown there was a really really key fumble yeah by The lion special team unit earlier in the game when they had the lead and Give they're up fourteen ten at the, time and everything just fell apart from. Them Nathan rook's numbers were, outstanding over four four hundred yards with A bank. Touchdown, yeah you, know so that was there was, that but not a ton of support.
Speaker 12: There and defensively they still got THESE i, mean don't they're just Giving your defense is giving up thirty seven points a, game and the offense is not bailing them out this year like they did last.
Speaker 1: Year it's hard how much more you Can and again they got the two late, Touchdown but, donny it Helps Nathan rourks. Stabbers but, yeah you knew something was going to happen after startingting, three course.
Speaker 3: Did But, donny when your d's giving up thirty seven, points now you're putting the onus on your offense to score forty to, win it's not. Happening it's not in the offensive line gave up four. Shots THE d line was, better, finally some pressure On Vernon adams and then the old, line you, know and you got Four americans on the old. Line Four, YEAH i would expect them to be better on the old line if you're gonna dress Four.
Speaker 4: Americans very.
Speaker 1: Disappointing thing was so, horrible so seemingly, perfect except for the. Game you, know if your A lion's. Fan there was Some calgary fans there.
Speaker 6: Too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh there was a ton Of calgary.
Speaker 10: Away, yeah burns up there and hopefully they pull one. Out you, Know i'd really hate for them not only to be at zero and, four but if you go win this in the two games In, kelowna that's just been this massive build up and, everything that would really be a sour note.
Speaker 1: To start the.
Speaker 10: Season it's not over because it's so, long but IT'S i, mean you guys have talked about this a lot last, year That West final and That West final not at, home but falling into the.
Speaker 1: Spot they had a bad start last year and they bounced.
Speaker 3: And they bounced, back But donnie backed me. Up Wally bono's team started er to, five, remember and.
Speaker 1: They went even to that, year and you guys always ripped me for. It what are you? TALKING i always bring up the twenty Eleven lions and you, go you're you're very paranoid. TODAY i do because you know are wrong about the soccer mogum, Man i'm not. Okay you were not entertained by that. GAME i don't know how that's. Possible that was the game where they did start up. Poorly they also split their home games between two, Venues Empire Point Empire field and then place the newly RENOVATED. Bc, yes so they better win Against. Dmonton but if they go on, Four whally did. It he was owned five and he won The Great. Cup but, again LIKE i, say.
Speaker 10: It's it's the it's it's the Fact rick that these are markus special. Thing, yea if you go win this In, cologna that's. Side how can you be on three when you got the best quarterback in the. League D you, know where was the recruiting in the off? Season where was you, Know, yeah you're supposed to go out and find Good. Americans you're supposed to go out and find you, know that's when you get the training, cap get all these guys from down.
Speaker 3: South they didn't do. It now they're hitting the. Price horrible recruiting.
Speaker 1: Is the honest. Thing we didn't talk. About there were fourteen penalties they. Took, Yeah sunday on, discipline Sorry. Saturday and you can't that just can't. Happen there's so many things chack things. Wrong roork's performance. Great other than, that, yeah not so much. Totally.
Speaker 10: Okay on the other, side somebody that's probably the busiest man in the hockey at the, Moment Elliott Friedman hockey Into Canada insider for one final time this. Season he's going to join. Us next Is Donnia, dolly the team On.
Speaker 1: Check hey, everyone It's donnie And dolly and we're looking to partner with your.
Speaker 3: Company we have several packages and price points to fit your budget and spread the word about your company on the, show in our podcast and on social.
Speaker 1: Media we'd love to get involved with your. Company called two five oh eight eight oh twenty two eighty two or email advertise At checkmedia dot ca as we Await Elliott. Friedman all of our guests today brought to you By Basson. Motors bright deals and better drives are ahead At Pisson motors hit the road with huge savings going. Forward stop by their dealership located at one six three one Five Fraser highway In, surrey or check them out online At Passon Motors basa and T motors dot. Com we Got elliot, Yet, okay we're waiting On Elliott freeman from hockey In. Canada so busy on the weekend at THE Nhl Entry draft In. Buffalo let's do. This in the, meantime we learned earlier today that The canucks have Sent Nils holglanders To nashville for a third round draft. Pick they also Acquired Brandan gallagher and so many people wanted that from The Montreal canadians for future. Considerations The habs are retaining half Of Brandan gallagher's six million DOLLARS aav. Salary we Got Elliott perfect from hocken And canada the thirty Two thoughts podcast working THE Nhl draft On friday And saturday In. Buffalo elliott just, now how are, you? Sir i'm. Good how are you? Guys doing very very? Well? Uh the decentralized setup is that the last we see seeing it from The National Hockey league at the. Draft are they going to change things back to the way it used to? Be are they gonna stick with? That you know? What?
Speaker 13: Honestly, uh DON i don't know. YET I i they have to pull the general managers or see if enough of them want another. Vote Like bettman said, that they're not going to be testing. It they're not gonna do it every year in terms of let's, vote let's, vote let's, vote they, said only if enough managers come to them and say let's change. It, LIKE i don't know. THAT i don't know that they're gonna do, It they're gonna switch. IT i still think there's a bunch of gms that don't want to change under any. CIRCUMSTANCES i hope they. Do the vote was closer the second time to bring it. Back uh then it was originally when they, Switch BUT i don't. Know LIKE i checked with a couple of people and asked them after the draft and asked them what they, thought and they told me they weren't one hundred percent convinced there were enough votes to change.
Speaker 1: It, meanwhile the draft, Itself how soon Do leaf fans expect A gavin McKenna to contribute to their team's cause in a significant, way like tomorrow or? Yesterday?
Speaker 13: Yesterday, WELL i, mean obviously he's going to make the. Team barring something really strange, happening.
Speaker 1: He's going to make the.
Speaker 13: Team AND i THINK.
Speaker 1: I think he's going to.
Speaker 13: Play AND i think they wanted to play With Austin matthews as quickly as they, can to give it a shot and see how it. Looks and LIKE i wouldn't be surprised in like power, PLAY i think he could be a first power play guy right, away you, know seeing him up closed, on, like there's. Up he's still a really young. Guy there's a lot of frame there still to fill, Out like he's going to be a lot, bigger and he's going to be like every other. Rookie he's going to have his growing, pains but he's going to play and he's a.
Speaker 3: Talent elliott fans were waiting For Ryan johnson to make some. Trades they got it this. Morning gallagher and Hole. Gladder your thoughts on both, moves.
Speaker 13: WELL i Mean gallagher to, me Like montreal did him a, favor, Yep, Vancouver vancouver REALLY i think wanted them and he wanted to go. There that's where he wanted to. Play and future considerations is, nothing, Guys, like there's nothing going.
Speaker 1: Back in return.
Speaker 13: Here so It's Brendan gallagher and fifty. Retention it's a no. Lose it's a no lose situation for The. Canucks and what it also says to, Me, Oh i'm, sorry, GUYS i gotta take. This please go, ahead go, ahead all, right, Boys i'm, sorry you know you're.
Speaker 1: Busy. Elliott go for, it all, right go.
Speaker 4: Go that's our last.
Speaker 1: Hit that's two weeks in a. Row two. Weeks, oh he did that to. Us that's. Okay so he's a very very. Busy he's a great, guy good pal of, ours and he contributes to our show in a, big big. Way having said that we're not gonna have him back next, Year i'm, kidding of. Course, Oh i'm, kidding of. Course are you a fan of the decentralized draft the? TEAMS i don't like.
Speaker 3: IT i like when THE gms and scouts are there and the camera, goes, hey oh they're. Talking eisman is talking to his ASSISTANT. Gm could be something. Big you don't get that.
Speaker 1: Now, yeah, OKAY i.
Speaker 10: AGREE i know What elliott was a little distracted in what CAN.
Speaker 1: I Guess peterson In.
Speaker 10: Montreal, no that is another trade that that has. Happened that Is radco gouddhas the rights To Radco gouddas have gone To florida and the rights TO A. J greer have gone To. Anaheim the reason is they're both PENDING u.
Speaker 1: Face so that's the second time around for goddesses or not In. Florida, YEAH i think. SO i think you're right on. That SO A.
Speaker 10: J greer heading To anaheim and Rad co guddas the rights for both uh Rad co goddis heading To, Florida so there was some some chatter about.
Speaker 1: There was some for the rad Co guddas.
Speaker 10: TRADE i guess there was some chatter rad cocudis heading To, toronto which is.
Speaker 1: Crazy ryan hold on every single player who's a decent player in The National Hockey league when they become. Available. Yeah, yeah but the the people in he's coming to the league hit the history The Austin matthews hit With. Goddess, okay that's why it was, like really like, This, okay but it's still it DOESN'T i, KNOW i, KNOW i, know it's still, surprising you. Know, uh that's Why may went to The colorado Abil bertusia. Incident that's a good, point which was which was.
Speaker 4: Stunning can you push that up again if you don't.
Speaker 1: MIND. A.
Speaker 3: J greer is a guy that was going to get a ton a ton of. Action he's a tough, guy seventeen goals last. Year this guy his, agent they're looking for a long term.
Speaker 4: Deal i'll tell, You.
Speaker 3: DONNY i was kind of hoping That canucks will get in on this because you, know they got to Replace Curtis douglas or.
Speaker 4: Get some Good canadian kids in.
Speaker 1: Here why are you Air.
Speaker 4: CORAL i don't know.
Speaker 1: WHY i just felt, like, Dude Curtis douglas. Lives he's. ALIVE i know.
Speaker 3: That but THIS Aj greer guy is gonna hit it. Big he's going to hit it big in term and. Money but there's a tough guy with seventeen. GOALS i think his agent knows.
Speaker 1: What Rad coogud has played two seasons with The panthers twenty twenty one and twenty one twenty actually three seasons with The. Panthers he's one of, these one of the rare people have played for Both florida Teams Tampa bay And Florida, philadelphia as well In washington And. Anaheim AS i go through his entire. Career But captain of The, ducks what does it say about our? Show because kind of A Win lewis situation for. Us The canucks actually broke news today to a piece of news before our show started that did not happen With Jim ruththerford And Patrick alvin AROUND i. DIDN'T i think they didn't like. It everything broken around twelve oh one to twelve o. Five, yeah AND i think it was it was on. Purpose Maybe i'm being a little bit. Paranoid but now two weeks in a, Row Elligott friedman has cut his. Interview sure with us cut us off two weeks in a.
Speaker 3: Row but he's so well connected he had to get that out On. Twitter i'd like to have a connection.
Speaker 1: Right, now by the, WAY i don't we don't. Know we don't know. THAT i, mean he can make.
Speaker 10: Something he could be working on something completely.
Speaker 1: Different maybe the. Futures you're in A benison. Deal, yeah just keep going with. That, sure if it, happens look At elliott back and he can talk about. It there's a lot of big things.
Speaker 10: UP i, mean you Saw eisaman talk About larkin for the first time over the, weekend you, know confirming that trade.
Speaker 1: Request we have so much on the, Table helli Bak, Lewensky.
Speaker 10: Hella you know that THAT us team, man that group. Chat it's altering The National Hockey, league like all of those guys want out and The rinsky, thing you, know for all these people that are dumping On canada and all these guys want out Of. Canada well not Just, canada.
Speaker 1: Man autumn it's. Winning it's also a big part of.
Speaker 10: It he's also in a small market in The United states and doesn't want to be there. Either larkin is in an original.
Speaker 1: Sixth but, okay But, larkin if there's one person you can excuse because he's wanting out of his current situation For Canada draft twenty. Fourteen he's been there a long long, time, tired and they've lost a. Lot it was his. Hometown he wants out well and that and that's a sexy HOCKEY i, mean, uh well established hockey, market original six all of. THAT i think you know the story with The Detroit Red wings and he wants. Out totally.
Speaker 10: Understandable, Well larkin and N eisenman clearly don't remember remember that, comment remember we should have got to? Play you're right right right he talked about in the in the scrum right after the, deadline he was. Pissed so they clearly don't SEE i die. Either BUT i just think it's interesting With columbus.
Speaker 3: You got a feel for because The russian wants out and now We're reski wants so that that's. Tough that's really tough for that. Franchise, boy when you don't quality. FRANCHISE i FEEL i felt for him on the. Weekend that's.
Speaker 1: Bad, Yeah, Okay UH i think we tapped anster our way through that segment and uh something.
Speaker 10: Else this might have been What elliott left us, for because he just tweeted, out, Uh toronto closing in on a contract extension With Troy.
Speaker 1: Statcher troy From.
Speaker 10: Richmond sounds like between one and one and a half million dollars For Troy.
Speaker 1: Stetcher so there was the possibility Of Troy stitcher coming, home coming home to rejoin The VANCOUVER.
Speaker 3: I don't have confirmation that The canucks had interest In. STATURE i know they have interested In Ian. COLE i, know BUT i don't like. You you're just saying he could have come.
Speaker 10: Home you don't know The canucks are ever even going to pick up the.
Speaker 1: Phone, yeah it's. Possible up to this.
Speaker 3: Point The canucks had not shown interest In, stature BUT i do believe they do likeing.
Speaker 1: Co look at who they drafted on the. WEEKEND i don't know If troy at a good, point but what a career he's managed for. Himself, okay we're, good all, Right so we'll take a. BREAK i think we've got some business to do and we'll update the pole question and uh maybe here From Todd harvey, AGAIN i had fun listening to post draft over the. Weekend donnie delighted the. Team Like, Jack donnie And.
Speaker 2: Dollie the team is supported by Able auctions dot CA A closing Your business we can.
Speaker 1: Help Able auctions specializes in Helping British columbia based business owners close their business and sell their assets in a.
Speaker 3: Timely orderly manner online events for everything from machine shop and med you a factoring, auctions to industrial, equipment retail inventories or any other type of business. Assets Able auctions can help.
Speaker 1: For a free confidential consultation on getting your business assets. Sold please email sales at Able auctions dot CA a that's sales at a b L E auctions dot Ca waddling dog pole Question Shit Elliott friedman and be back On Donnia dolion waddling dog pole question and all seriousness experienced one Of victory's iconic, Tstinations catch The World cup at The dog With canada games shown live and loud on all twenty two TVs where full, sound, come sit and stay at The. Dog the waddling, Today rick all, Right, ryan get her? Up what the wadling dog pop pole?
Speaker 3: Question what is your reaction to The canucks Trading hoglander To nashville for a twenty twenty nine to third round.
Speaker 4: Pick look at.
Speaker 3: This sixty two percent, sorry sixty six percent say thumbs, up but thirty five percent say noise to a young guy twenty four goals three years, ago but only two goals last, year eight goals the previous.
Speaker 4: Year, dawn he needed a. Change part, Two part, Two, Yeah part.
Speaker 3: Two let's go to part two and what is your reaction to The Brendan Gallagher The canucks acquired him today For montreal for. Futures ninety five percent say thumbs, up only five percent say thumbs.
Speaker 1: Down you scoffed, Me ryan WHEN i talked, about you, know one of The Montreal canadians and their connection To Eleas. Patterson but there is some scuttle bed out there that he might be a fit for The Montreal. Canadians so we'll see what. Happens some business. Here Able auctions are title Sponsored july. Seventh able will sell a sheet metal fabrication shop including TWO acu sheer twelve foot, shears The king of, shears an auto fold duct forming line, Truck oh, oh The king of Duct forming Line, trucks welder's and a lot more in this large. Shop july, Eighth able will sell the content so The Coast hostale wholesale distribution center including Ten toyota forkliffs and all warehouse racking and. Equipment for info on these two, auctions go to Able auctions dot ca to get your business assets sold at. Auction email sales at Able auctions dot. Ca that's heals at a b L E auctions dot. C a all, RIGHT nhl draft over the. Weekend, well first of, all just your your thoughts On Nils holglander going To, montreal we talked about it in our first segment And Brandon gallagher coming To.
Speaker 3: Vancouver, yeah, Absolute well they are connected because the Hole lander money freed up down the three million helped Fit gallagher in because The canucks were only four million under the salary cap floor after The hoglander so they had to get back. Up so you understand they're both side by. Side good young Player kenny Regain kenny Regain don his twenty four goal season time will.
Speaker 1: Tell, okay and as he goes To, nashville. Okay as far as far as THE nhl draft, Goes cannucks taking nine, players seven, forwards a defenseman and a, goalie all sorts of, size all sorts of. Size there you, SOUND i love. IT i love.
Speaker 3: It finally some, size like especially at the center right's, position which they have of which none no big, Centers, Donny, yeah no big.
Speaker 1: Centers, Finally Uh Brooks ragowski six seven and. GROWING i said earlier THAT i loved listening To Todd, harvey director Of Amateur. Scouting AND i know things haven't gone great for The canucks with their draft picks Since todd got, there but he's a passionate. Guy AND i think it says something that despite the fact That alvin And rutherford are no longer with this, organization That Todd harvey And Jim, benning WHO'S i think Brought harvey, in no longer with the, organization but he's still sticking, around at least for. Now very passionate. Yep and here he, is Taught harvey post. Draft i'm laughing because he just he's just so excited afterwards Drafting Brooks ragowski thirty third, overall.
Speaker 8: Big right handed, Shot uh centerman and, uh you, know for big, guy he's pretty athletic and he moves. Well he's only going to get better when things kind of come. Together but WHAT'S i think is underrated about him is his touch with the. Puck and, UH i, think you, know we looked at him being being a guy that we want to down the, middle and, uh you, know we have some he has some good upside.
Speaker 5: There when you left the building last, night did you know that he was your pick or did the process change at?
Speaker 8: All we met after obviously the round, one and we discussed everything that was on the, board and, uh you, know we left last last, night we left the ringer to go back and try to sleep that we're all in agreement that this is the way we were going to.
Speaker 1: Go so one thought of a bottling dog poll question before the show was do you agree with the canucks? Decision this is before The gallager And ogleandard trades. Broke do you agree with The canucks's decision to prietory prioritize size with their draft. Picks and it would be hard to say. No you, know look at you look at let's focus on first rounders And Coots Vlander. Lecermack he's certainly even going back To hughes And. Pederson at Least pederson's taller than they. Think but not the biggest guy in the in the, world all one hundred and eighty three pounds or so and lighter Only peterson is over six to, one but you wouldn't call him a big, guy doesn't play. Big But colson was the. Exception but no longer with the. Organization they haven't done this sort of thing in a long long time where they're prioritizing the first three picks From canadian junior, hockey from The Ontario Hockey, league making a big deal about, size, heart some grit there AND i THINK i don't think you're gonna find Many kinnak fans are going to disagree with.
Speaker 3: THAT i absolutely love. It and this, group this draft group is hard to play.
Speaker 1: Against what are The?
Speaker 3: Canucks what have we been complaining about for? Years Don they're not hard to play? Against teams come Into Rogers'. Arena do you think anybody on the plane, says Outside, vancouver we got to go To.
Speaker 4: Vancouver what a tough?
Speaker 1: Game?
Speaker 3: No, no it hasn't been like that for how many? Years how many? Years and with this draft, class you're going to get start getting a little bit harder to play. Against love the size up the middle of the ice of which they have, none SO i like.
Speaker 4: It, oh hold it a.
Speaker 3: SECOND i don't think there's one player under six feet tall in this, draft livenocks AND i think three quarters of the guys were over two hundred, Pounds so that's pretty impressive in terms of side you love it done and Some canadian, content thank you very much of. Which Now Curtis douglas has, gone, Beer Joseph olivia has. Gone, donny all these guys are. Gone how Many canadians are left? Gone how many? None you tell?
Speaker 1: Me? Oh, Okay jake. Depressed Gallagher's canadian debrask might be, gone but he's still. Left.
Speaker 4: Okay do we got nine to Ten canadians?
Speaker 1: Left we got? One it's.
Speaker 4: Ridiculous, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay do we want to hear from Brook? Sragowski we got time for. That. Okay so this Is Brooks sragowski and a lot of, people INCLUDING i Believe Jason bucklas said that he HadAM in the first, round late late first. Round he ends up going thirty third, overall first pick of the second. Round you heard What Todd harvey. Said The canuck brass got together after round one and, said, hey we're taking you, know we're taking Brook gragowski with the first pick in the second. Round he's a baseball. Player at least he was a baseball. Player he left baseball to focus on hockey at the age of, sixteen and here he is a reasonably HIGH nhl draft, pick not that long After. Brooks For, gowski this is him on choosing hockey or for, baseball and how that went over with his dad and his, uncle both of whom were Major league baseball draft. PICKS i think they're happy with.
Speaker 14: It, uh you, know obviously they're still sad about, baseball BUT i think this was the right. Decision you, know get to wear a nice, jersey so IT'S i THINK i think they're more happy with.
Speaker 1: That it.
Speaker 14: Was it was tough WHEN i was, younger you, KNOW i was sixteen making that, decision you, know playing a sport you love and he loves your love. Both BUT i think it was the right, decision you, know getting to you, know play a sport that gave me the best. Opportunity And i'll Say i've made the most opportunity now and now let's just keep continuing to, work, Right SO i think it was worth.
Speaker 10: It though you're potentially going to be a first round pick eester year AND i don't know the mental process of potentially, slipping but did your dad or will tell you?
Speaker 1: Anything?
Speaker 14: Abouts, YEAH i mean it's it's one pick, difference, Right SO i mean it's just kind of a. Number and also you can't look at it too, much but, uh you, know it's still got a great opportunity, here still got to pick high and you, know kind of right in my range, show it's just kind of coming into the day knowing that that's going to. Happen got trust it and just can't control. It can't control so just you, know take the most of the opportunity And i'll gonna get around with.
Speaker 1: That he just turned eighteen on the twenty. Fourth he's six, yeah, yeah. Yea love this guy who we just took six seven two thirty. Five so you have to think there's some, more some were growing to do. It just to, recap we're talking About.
Speaker 3: Ragowski So, Donnie Caleb, maholtra And Braden. Koots now you have some centers in the system with top six. Potential that's one you. Add ragowski's a, massive, massive massive. Guy all of a, sudden your centeris position going forward is looking a whole lot better and. Done another, draft a good one next. Year all of a sudden you get more centers and all number. Power quinn used to, say build up the middle of the, ice build up the middle of the.
Speaker 4: Ice starting.
Speaker 3: Now finally potential at the center ice position for these.
Speaker 1: Guys.
Speaker 4: Finally.
Speaker 1: Okay the other thing we were going to ask for a pull question is were you entertained by yesterday's soccer Game canada Over South africa won. Nothing Both derek And ryan said the game was, Dull they turned it a lot halfway through and for, what for whatever, reason just were not entertained at. ALL i thought it was. Great THERE'S i find, tension especially when it comes your your national team in any. SPORT i find that. Entertaining it was. Unpredictable that's another thing that makes things. Entertaining right up until the. End canada should have three or four goals. Done you're the better no, One they were the better. Team BUT i thought it was going to go to a penalt kicks and they were gonna. Lose, okay so you've got some business and then we'll HIT. Dtmc, absolutely look at, this the world has arrived At.
Speaker 4: Vancouver in, pastime sports and, games has it.
Speaker 3: Covered when it comes to jersey scarves and other collectible celebrating the beautiful, Game there's never been a bigger time to show off your team colors led By canada As o's. Country you may also want to honor your favorites In, Europe South, America.
Speaker 1: Africa. Oh for more.
Speaker 3: Information at store, locations visit Pastime sports dot c a.
Speaker 1: LAPTOP i had to do this fast.
Speaker 10: Today we got The Panini america sticker cards on the right and The Monopoly prism cards on the. Left reminder All World cup gear if you still need last minute merchvailable Pastime sports four locations and Pastime sports dot.
Speaker 1: Ca the Black heis jersies are kits are growing on me and they've had they've had luck with. Them the reds are, beautiful but the kerm is there with the black eyes.
Speaker 10: Jerseys so now what do they wear in?
Speaker 1: Sixteen, well it's. Up it's up TO. FIFA fifa makes the. CALL i didn't know that until last. Week if they.
Speaker 10: Were red once in five games at this, tournament that's. Wrong i'm, sorry that's. Insane talk TO.
Speaker 1: Fifa, yeah, well, okay a BREAK dtmc Next Donny dolly the TEAM i check three foot hot, dogs postgame Fireworks friday noons and the Future Toronto Blue jays right in your. Backyard catch A Vancouver canadians game this summer as they celebrate seventy five years At Nat Bailey. Stadium for, tickets promotions and more, information Visit Canadians baseball dot com or call six oh four, eight seven to, two, five, two three to. Two today it is eleven thirty Two monday.
Speaker 3: Morning Donnie dolio CHECK Tv now time FOR, dtmz brought to you by the world Famous Wister Golf.
Speaker 1: Club gost you big al out there At Great. Track Great. Track we have so much activity regarding The World cup and what The canucks have done. Today so the is it Just me Segment we're going to extend that a little longer and get right to birthdays. Now BUT dtmz is brought to you by Their Arnold Palmer Design Whistle Golf, club Where phase three of their golf course reno is now. Underway the golf course will reopen for play in the summer of twenty twenty. Seven for the latest updates on the, renovation follow them On instagram And Whistle golf and don't forget their pro shop and driving range are open during the.
Speaker 3: Summer, rick all, right here we, Go, ryan get her. Up we're gonna do the birthdays and the. Music and here we go by get her. Up yeah you are So today's.
Speaker 1: Ridiculous why don't you do What elliott? Did leave the?
Speaker 3: Show too many, agents too many agents texting me right, Now Donni, Dallies backscratchers and Dental flossimporium and Ball Zach.
Speaker 4: Alberta here we. Go this guy was a Late.
Speaker 3: Pick of The flames nineteen eighty. Seven he was a part of that nineteen eighty Seven World Juniors Canada Sylvie union. Brawl his family lived In Williams lake for four years before moving.
Speaker 1: To. Manitoba Theo fluri ah piastani is it the big? Brawl remember they turned the lights? Out but how do you get Too? FLORIA i didn't say. ANYTHING i think he was front and center during. That so you GOT Theo fleury out of the, brawl you, Said, CALGARY i didn't. Say, oh lady said pick of The flames in eighty, seven and then he Was he was a rookie when they won The Stanley cup in eighty. Nine If i'm not, Mistaken and that was that was some of your best clues right.
Speaker 4: There AND i read his.
Speaker 3: Book it's there were teams that laughed when The calgary took A layton what was it round eight and nine?
Speaker 1: Ten, Anyways well you just said, it and you know well that that wasn't my takeaway from the from a. Lot we don't have to get.
Speaker 4: Into, yeah we. Can't we don't want to get into, it all.
Speaker 1: Right this guy the eleventh overall picked by The Red.
Speaker 3: Wings in nineteen eighty nine one hundred and thirty one points one season eighty Nine Red, wings eleventh, overall one hundred and thirty one points one season in The Western Hockey league with The. REGINA i want a goal at the nineteen ninety One World. Juniors traded by The Red wings to The. Ducks anaheim then traded him the following campaign to the canucksident Exchange roman Exsuda oh nineteen ninety. Six Remember roman Ex sudai sellinger. Ah so you got that because A roman reporting dame ya STOD i can't.
Speaker 4: WIN i can't.
Speaker 3: WIN i knew as as soon AS i Said roman X suita you were going to get.
Speaker 1: It who could Forget Roman roman Ex suda was.
Speaker 4: GREAT i loved.
Speaker 3: Him, anyways let's move on to the next. One this guy was a sixth Year rowll pick Of minnesota in nineteen seventy, nine seventy, nine seventy AND i played junior With Wayne, gretzky Represented canada at The World. Juniors played one season in The World Hockey association With.
Speaker 4: Birmingham Oh. Okay was on The North stars team that made the nineteen eighty one That Stanley Cup.
Speaker 1: Finals what position the, Defense Craig, Hertz, ah that eight?
Speaker 3: UNDERRATED i love that eighty One North stars. Teams Neil, Broughton, Hartsburg Casey annett was It?
Speaker 1: Casey?
Speaker 3: Ummm remember the goal By remember the goal By yogurt and he went through five hundred.
Speaker 1: Guys, no that Was, Lemieux. Lemieux, sorry, anyways you are un. Rattled. UNRATTLED i think you got Your North star teams mixed up.
Speaker 3: There, okay but the eighty one team Had Neil broughton And Dennis morook all those.
Speaker 4: Guys what are you talking, About?
Speaker 1: Don? Well The mario goal was ninety, one.
Speaker 4: Ninety, one not eighty. One but, anyways.
Speaker 1: There was a goal On casey too. Though that was that was that was the one that was the mew When, okay that was he split The minnesota. Defense but that was in the. Nineties, okay let's move. On i'm off the eighty. Team the eighty team that you're thinking of the team of the early. Eighties they're the one that was the first team to Beat montreal After montreal had rieled off Four Street Stanley.
Speaker 3: Cups, okay because the previous year that, happened remember when we had to be.
Speaker 1: Brief, okay go go go.
Speaker 2: Go.
Speaker 4: Yeah this, Actor, HEY i love this. Actor he's one of my.
Speaker 3: Favorites played several small roles in both film and television during the nineteen. Seventies in nineteen seventy, five he was the last person killed on the Series Gun.
Speaker 4: Smoke you remember Gun?
Speaker 1: Smoke?
Speaker 4: Out great was Gun.
Speaker 3: Smoke he made his major film debut a supporting role In thunderbolt And Lightfoot Clint eastwood And Jeff. Bridges what a great flick that.
Speaker 1: Was.
Speaker 3: Anyways nineteen seventy, six he Played Bobby, ritchie a road, manager in the remake OF A Star Is.
Speaker 1: Born he played a bat With Chris. Christofferson, Yeah Chris Chris jofferson's.
Speaker 3: Character he played a bad guy office In Mel gibson And Danny glover And Lethal.
Speaker 4: Weapon it was.
Speaker 15: Great Under, siege, yeah oh under, movie great, movie best great.
Speaker 3: Thing, no it's Not Steven. Scott are you kidding? Me he was In fear And loathing In Las, vegas.
Speaker 4: Which was a horrible. Movie are you?
Speaker 1: Kidding?
Speaker 4: Ah fear And loathing was.
Speaker 1: Discussed Was Johnny? Depp? Yeah Johnny.
Speaker 3: Depp, Anyways he voiced the Character Phil cassidy in the video Game Grand Theft Auto Vice.
Speaker 4: City what did you say about Under?
Speaker 1: Siege he was in you can't google.
Speaker 4: It i'm looking up you can't google.
Speaker 1: It, Yeah Undersea Steven. Sagall it's Not Steven.
Speaker 3: Segal in two thousand and, five he voiced himself In The.
Speaker 1: Simpsons, Okay i'm looking at the cast and under what are you?
Speaker 4: Doing very raspy.
Speaker 1: Voice i'm looking at the cast of Under. Siege i'm guessing It's Gary. Busey Gary.
Speaker 3: Busey he Was Buddy holly And The Buddy Holly story in nineteen seventy, nine But.
Speaker 15: Underseage Was Steven siagall and he was the coat. On he was In underseage WHICH i told.
Speaker 1: You but you Said Steven sagall wasn't in. IT i never, said remember The rose. Beef, no you.
Speaker 10: Mean you can't google Under you can google.
Speaker 1: Underseas that's, right because he SAID i was wrong About steven's but you were gonna get the. Answer but he was.
Speaker 4: Undersea it was bad at my.
Speaker 1: Part that's googling rattled because two weeks in a Row elliott has hung up on him.
Speaker 4: Exactly hey, man he Was Buddy hally in The Buddy Holy.
Speaker 3: Story Elliott Na bucy nineteen seventy eight almost won An.
Speaker 4: Oscar, great, great, great it was.
Speaker 1: Good it was very. Good great. Biopic yeah, yeah uh is it just me coming? Up colin Hay rick seventy three years, Old, James Colin Hay.
Speaker 3: Colin james is a Great canadian rocker who five long years Calling Colin.
Speaker 1: James, yes Great canadian. Rocker yeah, yeah seventy three For colin hay, though front man for The australian band that's going to. Playoffs So november eighty, One North stars and the album business business as. Usual this Is colin hay and men at work and down under hunt, check you better, run you better take. Cover we got it HERE Dc monday.
Speaker 4: Morning is it just?
Speaker 16: Me remember that dead electric leaf blower in the, garage.
Speaker 1: Still hoping you'll come back to?
Speaker 3: Life OH B i see his PC's recycling program for battery powered and a strict outdoor power.
Speaker 1: Equipment just like other, electronics electric lawn and garden equipment can also be recycled when it reaches the end of its useful.
Speaker 3: Life old electric yard tools don't have to end up in the. Landfill if you're electric outdoor power equipment cap be, fixed it can be.
Speaker 1: Recycled whether it's a, leaf flower trimmer or. Lawnmower many can be recycled for free IN. Bc VISIT opeic DOT ca to find a depot near you and recycle. Responsibly that's OPE ic DOT. Ca is it just? Me brought to you BY Opeic Outdoor Power Equipment institute Of. Canada did you know you can recycle electric lawn and garden equipment for? FREE opeic operates a province wide network of recycling depots to ensure old electric outdoor power equipment gets collected and recycled. Responsibly visit opeiced to get more. Information THAT'S o P. E i see dot C. A is it just me what you? Got? RICK a lot of.
Speaker 3: THESE i got And i'll tell You Vincent richmond And nick FROM vic find A canadian go get. Shen absolutely disgraceful the amount Of canadians on this. Team joseph appears. Gone they're not going To, Donny they're not going to qualify. Him Curtis douglas has. Gone debrasque might be Traded. Donny we're now we're down a One. Canadian Joseph peterre two hours down the? Road is it An american team Called? Seattle you got Nine? Canadians? Disgusting?
Speaker 1: Uh is it just me unsigned baside? Inbox is it just me AND i don't care about size? Yet get speed and skill? First did The canucks make a mistake going for size versus speed and? Skill, like for, Instance, callibulhultra who seems like the right choice size. Leadership he, hits there's a lot there and he just had a fabulous playoff with The Branford. Bulldog say what you want about The Ontario Hockey league and it being watered down because of what's happening with THE, ncaa but you do see some people, saying what About Vego? York what do you have been a better. Choice winnipeg ended up getting in absolutely different type of. Player All, right The lions. Sucked rourke's a total nut. Down The lions should have Kept. Adams is this you saying? This, no this is a, submission no name on. It, LOOK i know a lot of people are pissed off The lions rowing. Three they haven't looked good on any side of the ball or special. Teams coaching has not been. Great let's be. Honest let's call a spade to. Speed But Nathan rourke is not the. Problem Nathan rourke is not the. Problem if you're gonna ask.
Speaker 3: Any quarterback to put up forty points a game because your defense is given up thirty, seven.
Speaker 4: No one's doing. It no one's doing.
Speaker 1: It we've had a lot of. This this is From Ozzie, Goose gonna combine these and there's some other people, too two of them. Unsigned is it just me or Did elliott ditch you guys to announce that number seven D Man Troy statuer has signed an extension in the center of the? Universe, also is it just? Me friedman ending the interview two weeks in a row for stature and goudess. Week we Forgive. Elliott he's a busy guy and we thank him so much for being able to join.
Speaker 3: Us and people should know the money we Gave elliott for pay goes to The Children's Kids, fund so that's important as. Well there's no better place for that money to go than the children at The children's.
Speaker 1: Hospital as soon As ryan mentioned That elliott's tweet after he left our interview early and it was about the, LEAFS i knew these texts were Gonna we're gonna happen into The bay side.
Speaker 3: Inbox Todd harvey Is benning's. Guy he deserves zero, credit especially after the twenty twenty one. Drafts, DONNIE i don't know if you knew this on the. Weekend Danola klamov's just. Gone so that means The Vancouver canucks did not have one one player from twenty twenty draft or one player from the twenty twenty one draft that ever played a game in THE. Nhl that's. Embarrassing you had high hopes For, god you Love Klomoch you, whoa, whoa.
Speaker 1: Whoa you saw the granny. Video, yeah, hey, yeah but you talked about him every two.
Speaker 3: Seconds you saw The granny video nine seconds of him In europe and you, said oh yeah this.
Speaker 1: Guy, no, no, no, no this the way. Around you guys saw that Great oh, yes show the.
Speaker 4: Granny video Of. Klemovic donny you you were jacked up about. It you were pumped up About.
Speaker 1: Klemovic he's. Gone is it just?
Speaker 6: Me?
Speaker 1: You guys for the past few weeks talked about The canucks passing on smaller players over the years and the mistake that is pick a. Lane, well hold it a, second that's.
Speaker 3: Unsigned where where you get pissed off passing on small guys is not in rounds, four, five, six. Seven it's rounds one and round two Where Stan coben Went cole cough you'll. Win those guys went in rounds one and. Two they got size and ROUND i don't think they bypassed a small kid in round one or. Two they got some good.
Speaker 1: Size, yeah they picked a small one In Quinn hughes and that that worked. Out, okay WHAT i Think it's a great day for The.
Speaker 3: Canucks Landing, gallagher even though he's in his, thirties he will definitely help the dressing. Room he help the. Culture Steven absford with that, TEXT.
Speaker 1: I think we all agree on that is it just, me but this is unsigned as. Well please sign your. Text we want to give you. Credit it would be nice if you would ask your draft expert guests Like jason why they Think Mathis preston of The giants fell so low in the. Draft Vis A v. Expectations this person used vis A V john Kes sin And i'm wondering if It's john. Mckechey it's A john. Mckechee middle of the second round For Mathis Anaheim. Ducks people thought he'd go a little. Higher Jason buokla on the show On friday On Sports That's, show thought that The canucks might take him twenty. FOURTH i thought that he would have probably he. Wasn't The knucks was later later in the draft past twenty twenty fourth and he ended up going middle second.
Speaker 3: Round an on he had something bad. Happen he came From spokane To vancouver in The western he got. Injured he got, injured and not just for a end of the.
Speaker 1: Show he was out.
Speaker 3: For, multiple multiple. Weeks in your draft year he went overseas and THE u eighteen did really. WELL u seventeen and but it wasn't. Enough he fell because of the injury he sustained this.
Speaker 1: Year is it just? ME i was at the game unsigned? Again, Oh lions are. Brutal you might as well keep the offensive players on the field to play. DEFENSE a lot of criticism of The lions, defense, boy but over the weekend they let go the special.
Speaker 3: Team donny, defense, offense special. Teams they're just they're not clicking on any one of the facets of the. Game Luke, shen if The canucks can't GET i In, COLE a lot of people want to See Luke Shen, donny But i've been told to keep an Eye onee And.
Speaker 4: Coal The canucks going to be poking round.
Speaker 1: That on free? Agency is it just? Me donnie And? Rick pick Your fighter eleven six Or Vlattie? JUNIOR i think The petterson deal right now looks pretty damn good versus what's going on With Vladimer. Grirero what's he got for home runs so? Far not that that's the be all and end, all but other aspects of his game aren't great, either and The bluejays are. Struggling this is year one of his. Contracts, oh AND i think didn't he hit four in The World? Series remember the big ones in la. Hit oh my, goodness The canucks. Culture, okay we gotta, go we gotta. Go he's cutting us. Off, okay, Break we'll wrap up the show and the poll. Questions Next Donny delly The TEAM I.
Speaker 7: Check THE Bc Construction Safety alliance is a not for profit association that makes safety simpler by providing health and safety services and programs to more than fifty seven thousand construction employers and two hundred and twenty thousand workers across the. Province we want to bring THE bccsa safety message directly to your job. Site book a free is it from THE Bccsa safety On Tour Mobile Trailer safety On tours instructor guides your workers through a series of dynamics safety, demonstrations from the effectiveness of fall arrest systems to the power of proper head protection at now to book a Memorable safety On tour experience At Safety ontour dot ca.
Speaker 1: Dot.
Speaker 4: Poll Rick bright get her.
Speaker 3: Up The Waddling Dog pup poll question and it is what is your reaction to The canucks trading hoglandard In nashville for a third?
Speaker 4: Rounder sixty six percent say thumbs.
Speaker 3: Up thirty four percent say thumbs, down and the second part of The waddling dog pole, question and it is what is your reaction of The canucks Acquiring Brendan gallagher From montreal for? Futures ninety five percent say, yeah that's good thumbs. Up only five percent eight thumbs.
Speaker 1: Down and we have. Pictures we have a pictures where we going.
Speaker 10: Run we're going back To. Kelowna oh, yeah we had a lot of fans at This lions we did On. Saturday this Is barry in the whack who said this photos. Before but here there he is at The Apple. Bowl check out The lions game and his White donnie And Dolly bucket.
Speaker 1: Half And Travis Luck Lula.
Speaker 10: Jersey so you, know you guys go on and on About lions greats over. Time lulay was a very very GOOD Bc linars. Quarterback his peak was short, lived, yeah because his body went through the, ringer but talented in that orange In.
Speaker 3: Jersey bring it. Back enough of with these stupid lines jerseys the last few. Years this is What donnie AND i grew up.
Speaker 1: With that.
Speaker 3: Empire this is The lion's best. Jersey Joe, Powell Powell roy To wall you know that.
Speaker 10: DONE i don't know that new white one man is pretty.
Speaker 1: Sunk, no no kids like the. WAY i don't.
Speaker 3: Care this is the Best Lions jersey bring it. Back enough of the, crap all this other. Stuff they do it to make. Money it's.
Speaker 1: Dumb Travis, lullay Great cup winning quarterback a long time. Ago twenty.
Speaker 10: Eleven, okay you got another. Photo this is your buddy, here this is.
Speaker 3: My, buddy good Guy johnny McMahon donnie. Uh he played for The Astro Ball, hockey the ONLY bc team to win SEVEN pc championships and along With john Is Linda malenni inducted into The Ball Hockey Canadian hall Of fame in twenty.
Speaker 4: Sixteen look at.
Speaker 3: That absolutely ball hockey was, big don don AND i grew up it.
Speaker 4: Was it was big and Lor.
Speaker 1: Maine it was almost as good as The Burnaby.
Speaker 3: Beavers, ah but The astros. Went they WON bc title out And johnny was a good. Player it's, Good. Palamine that's it for. Pictures, Yep jeeves From. Surrey is it just?
Speaker 1: Me but for a MINUTE i Thought toronto was Drafting gavin's. Dad When bieber, said mister, McKenna i get.
Speaker 10: That stop, okay stop, celebrities, man Stop.
Speaker 1: Okay so you've Got Justin, bieber one of the biggest stars on the, planet no matter what you think he. Is, yes it was A leafs. Fan, yeah he's okay with announcing the first. Pick, yeah you go for.
Speaker 6: It.
Speaker 1: Okay it was entertaining and how uncomfortable it. WAS i was okay with. It, donny you're a snob when it comes to you know what that.
Speaker 10: Clip is is going to be played, forever right? Forever that, clip the draft. Clip, yeah and what do you, say mister, McKenna we'd love to have you or something like.
Speaker 1: That, yeah come, on and, no no.
Speaker 10: DISRESPECT i Love i'm a Massive HOW i met your brother? Fan kobe smolders here through overall she stepped all over The caducks.
Speaker 1: PAPER i gave it was, cumbers silms live all. That i'm, sorry but there. Was he's got a charisma about, Him, bieber he, does so there's.
Speaker 10: That it's like THE nhl just wants TO i don't think.
Speaker 1: Opportunity for The National Hockey. League, man you sound like an old man like.
Speaker 15: ME i mean every DAY i get. Older you've been ripping us all day. Today And ryan hated The World. Cup same With DEREK i thought The World cup game wasn't. Entertaining yesterday's Crazy, okay thanks so much for tuning. In the folks on behalf Of.
Speaker 1: Ryan, derek the Two Old, Men ryan Are Rick rather and everybody here it's oh, boy, Check i'm Don you're up to date in the world the.
Speaker 2: Sports thanks for listening to The donnie And Dolly. Podcast be sure to follow us On twitter At donnie And dollie for all the latest show. Content