Speaker 1: Yeah, ripped of mad news, need advice, so.
Speaker 2: You don't have.
Speaker 3: Come running.
Speaker 4: Just as fast as we can.
Speaker 5: Shooter's gonna help come man Dix.
Speaker 4: He is the Troubleshooter Show. Now Tom Martino.
Speaker 6: Hello, Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 1: Helping you solve problems, answer question, take a please make your life.
Speaker 6: A little easier, and we are doing it now. I'll be bringing uh Mark up in a minute here on his uh on his cam. I gotta send him a link. I haven't done that yet, so I will do that for sure, and uh doing that right now, by the way.
Speaker 1: That's for those streaming. Welcome.
Speaker 6: But we're on k h ow and care do you in Colorado Springs and we are all over the place with you, and thanks for being here.
Speaker 1: Let's just go to the phones and try to answer every question you have. But there's a.
Speaker 6: Lot in the news today that I really want to talk about because it's very important right now, and it has to do with overreactions and trusts and all kinds of crap. People are so overreacting to things being done by the government, and it's natural people. When I say people, I'm talking about those opposed to Trump's guidelines. Anyone who's in favor of it says it's wonderful. It's interesting to note I'm not talking about this as a political entity. Although Martin may want to chime in, he always does, But I'm talking about approval ratings alone show that He's entering the office with one of the highest approval ratings of any president. Biden left with the lowest approval weighting of any president. What do you think was so terrible? I think prices. It comes right down to prices. I mean, god, people are just we're so pissed at prices. But according to a national survey, and this is very important, these surveys are pretty damn accurate. What do you think was the main issue or the main issue they want Trump to address?
Speaker 1: The border?
Speaker 6: What's that? Actually, it's not according to this survey. What is the survey? And I always ask to is it an MSNBC survey? No, Mark, Mark, It's called Morning consult And truly, let me say this, I have followed this for a long time and they do surveys every day. They do for industry, for health, for politics, for trends for brands.
Speaker 1: It's a very very reliable source.
Speaker 6: Now, I will tell you at times I didn't agree with their what they say, but they truly do have a scientific method.
Speaker 1: So it's Bloomberg polling.
Speaker 6: I I don't know if they're influenced by Bloomberg Morning Consult. I I don't know what what did you google it?
Speaker 7: Yeah, it comes up Bloomberg slash Morning consolet polls?
Speaker 6: Okay, Well do you and you think Bloomberg is a flaming liberal and therefore he's going to skew all of the polls?
Speaker 1: Is that right? I would say there's definitely I don't know. I mean, I'm asking Mark. I mean, there's.
Speaker 6: Definitely going to be put it this way. It wouldn't be strange, would it. It wouldn't be strange if people are skewed. But I I personally, I personally have found them to be okay.
Speaker 1: But but then again, listen, you know, uh what do I know?
Speaker 6: I mean, I didn't take the poll, but I've been following them for a long time. There were a couple times I said, well, I don't get this. According to Morning Consult, the Trump voters, now Trump voters, these are not are Actually I shouldn't say that. It's percentage of voters, not Trump voters. Percentage of voters say right now what they want him to do in office right now is bring down the cost of goods seventy nine percent, bring down the cost of goods. Seventy three percent say make healthcare more affordable than mark number three, fifty two percent, stop illegal immigration.
Speaker 1: So what do you think happens? Just I want to ask you this.
Speaker 7: So someone is pulling people and they call up a true Trumper, a Trump supporter fifty one percent of the company or the country, and.
Speaker 1: They asked that question.
Speaker 7: I have no idea how they you know, worded the question, but however they asked, it's fine. Do you think they're gonna say the honest truth of what they're thinking? Do you think they want to be called a racist by saying the borders? Number one, I just don't trust any of these polls.
Speaker 6: Well, obviously polls crap in, crap out, but just so you know, they have when they take polls, they do have a way to look at a median and what's called the thread of truth.
Speaker 1: You know, I've often said we'll search.
Speaker 7: Then how come every single poll was wrong on the outcome of the election, every swing state poll, every national poll.
Speaker 1: Why was that? Mark?
Speaker 6: I am not talking about political polls. I'm talking about polling in general. Okay, in general, there's something called the thread of truth that if you talk to enough people, no matter how much they try to BSU, there's always a central or common line of truth a majority report. Now, whether or not the people who gather these polls want to interpret that and give a comment is one thing. Definitely. I believe polls can be skewed. The way you ask questions can be skewed. The report results and can be skewed. They can be I'm not doubting that, And lately a lot of political polls.
Speaker 1: Have been dead wrong.
Speaker 6: So I think on this most recent election, for example, they showed such a tight race, My god. So in that case, I do believe people don't want to tell polsters the truth. They're pissed off at polsters and they kind of think you don't really want to hear the truth anyway, And I think they relish and they're happily giving false information. Again, that could happen. All I'm doing is giving the results. I think this is pretty credible. Bringing down the cost of goods and services number one, I think that's probably accurate. Number three being stopping illegal immigration. I think that's pretty accurate. Making healthcare affordable, I'm not sure that. I mean, they're saying it's right behind bringing down inflation. Now, there are a lot of people who are struggling with health care. I mean, to them, having a so called affordable health care is not affordable at all.
Speaker 1: It was, It's ludicrous.
Speaker 6: They subsidize a lot of plans, but most of them. If you have any kind of a job, you're going to have a six thousand dollars deductible It may it may as well be one hundred thousand. I mean, if a kid breaks his arm and he's working, is he going to come up with six thousand dollars? So I don't mean working, because that would be workers combat anyway. So, reducing the federal deficit, the budget deficit, A lot of people that that's right behind stopping illegal immigration one percent behind reducing the federal budget deficit.
Speaker 1: A lot of.
Speaker 6: People misinterpret national debt with budget deficit two different things. But you would be shocked at how many so called intelligent people consider them one and the same. A national debt is an accumulation of debt we have from notes and from deficits over the years, and that national debt will never be paid off ever. In fact, it grows every year from every administration, and it will never be paid off. In fact, a lot of the debt is paid to foreign entities. It will never ever ever be paid off, and for a large part of life, it's artificial. I could get into that, but I don't want to. No one's expecting it to be paid back. Everyone likes the interest, and really it is a way of the world. In fact, I don't want to get into it. But anyway, reducing the deficit, though, simply means the money you take in, you spend, and you don't accumulate debt you don't have, you don't spend more than your taking in. And the Trump administration is really trying to do that. I mean, they're offering severance packages to federal workers they don't want around anymore. They've stopped a lot of ridiculous fundings until they can reevaluate them.
Speaker 1: You know what's really funny.
Speaker 6: People say they want to reduce debt, they want to reduce deficit spending, and as soon As he starts questioning these these grants and these charitable giveaways and these federal government fundings, everyone comes on glued. But think about it, they all got their money for this year. He's just saying, do we want to continue this in the future. People just go crazy. But anyway, you want to talk about true inflation ending, that's what it is. The next thing, countering the influence of foreign advertisers adversaries. I don't understand that that's forty eight percent. They want to counter the influence such as TikTok and others who they believe are hurting this country and trying to undermine and take over the country, mainly online and through social media. By the way, stopping illegal immigration was fifty two percent of the electorate. Now what's funny is forty two ten percent less but still high on the docket.
Speaker 1: They want to deport them.
Speaker 6: See a lot of people want to stop the influx, but don't necessarily want to deport. Now, reducing the number of illegal ascuse me of legal immigrants even that's up around thirty nine percent, So they don't even want to They want to stop illegal immigration. They want to deport illegal citizens or whatever you call it undocumented citizens, illegal immigrants. Then they even want to reduce the number of legal immigrants you let in. Now, I don't know why. I mean, I think the country runs fine with immigrants. I think it's the criminals and the cheaters and the liars that make it bad for everyone. But if there was a legal path to citizens ship for hard working people that fill jobs that a lot of Americans don't want, I think there's nothing wrong with it.
Speaker 7: So all those people that waited in line and did it the right way for five, seven, ten years forget about it, right, What did you.
Speaker 1: Just hear me say?
Speaker 6: I just said, I think if someone is here legally and wants to be a citizen, there's nothing wrong with that, if they're hardworking people.
Speaker 1: So how does that How is that at odds with what you just said?
Speaker 7: Because people fill out paperwork, come here legally, come here on a work visa, come here to do something, not just cross the border illegally and you know, get a free hotel and a bus ride somewhere back in the day at least.
Speaker 6: Well, all I'm saying is the people who are here working hard, not criminals, and want a path to citizenship should be given one don't what's wrong with that?
Speaker 1: I mean not everyone.
Speaker 7: No, you don't want that invites everybody in the world to come here and cross the border without filling out.
Speaker 1: I'm talking about work. I'm talking about from here.
Speaker 6: I'm talking about the situation that we were dealt. I'm not talking about inviting people to come illegally and then becoming a citizen. I'm not talking about that. Don't put words in my mouth. I'm saying dealing with the current situation. If there are people that should be deported, to port them. If there are people who want to work hard, have a family, and are doing no crime, contributing to Social Security, paying their taxes, and if they're living legally except for the entry, and they want to path to citizenship, I don't see a harm in giving it to them. I'm not saying that they get priority over anyone else. I mean that may be a path I'm talking about. There are good people in that massive illegal.
Speaker 7: Agreed military service, a good background check, four years in the military, then carve them a pathway.
Speaker 6: Now, as far as foreign aid, a lot of people wanted to a thirty five percent, not a lot. Thirty five percent want to stop foreign aid extended tax cuts. Twenty nine percent want more tax cuts for corporations, regulating tech companies twenty six percent. Tariffs twenty three percent are in favor of tariffs and expanding the United States through any means possible sixteen percent. Now that's because of the recent talk with you know, the recent talk with you know, the Icelanders or whatever. So welcome to the show. People, don't I don't mean to. I just think it's good to see what's on people's minds. I got to take a break, and then we're going to go to David. He has a problem with Lodge Casino, and then anyone else who has a call three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 1: Joe Cano's in with us today.
Speaker 6: Financial planner mainly deals with annuities, fixed indextinuities because he believes those secure investments guaranteed income is appropriate at a certain time in your life and you should explore them. And we'll talk about his event he has coming up three O three seven one three A two five five. Waterpros dot net the best water systems at the lowest prices anywhere bar none. And I'm telling you right now you want protection from forever chemicals. He's got a system that can do that and condition all of your water for just like thirty four ninety five Waterpros dot net three oh three eight six two five, five five four. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 1: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 6: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance Paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Hi Tom Martino here three all three seven one three talk three all three seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 6: Welcome to the show, folks. What's going on? Let's go back to the phones and do what we can do for you. David, what's going on with you?
Speaker 1: David?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 5: Hi Tom, thanks for taking my call.
Speaker 1: Hey man, what's happened in you know?
Speaker 5: I wanted to let you know that I'm a gambler, and I like going to Blackhawk and going to the casinos, driving up there, eating at the restaurants, playing slots, playing video poker.
Speaker 8: For me, it's a good time.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I had a lot of people like it.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah.
Speaker 5: So one of the places I really liked was the Lodge Casino. I like the restaurants there, I like the promotions they did, I like the people that I met there. So I decided to play a lot more there to try to get to what they call a VIP card level in their players Club. So I had to play about sixteen thousand coin through and I was successful. I got a call from a host at their Players Club saying, Hey, come on in, we'll tell you about your benefits. You get freeplay, you get special drawing sports tickets. The day I went up there, though, I went to get my new card. I was at the front desk and a gentleman by the name of Ben White, who was a general manager, approached me and he had his head of security and three other gentlemen. They surrounded me and they said you are here.
Speaker 1: By they surrounded you. Were you with Mark Major?
Speaker 5: I don't know who he is.
Speaker 1: From a major. Mark Major my co host here. No, I wasn't. It was a joke.
Speaker 6: It was a joke, and it goes way piss an inside joke anyway, Okay, keep going.
Speaker 5: So he he came and just said you and gave me a trashpass letter that said this is a formal notice that you can no longer come on our property.
Speaker 1: And oh my god, they're kicking you out.
Speaker 5: Yes, they kicked me out, and they I have never had they They do not like me for some reason for sure.
Speaker 6: And wait a minute, did this come out of the blue? Bro out of the blue?
Speaker 10: Out of the blue?
Speaker 5: I have never had an issue with being talked to from anybody at the Lodge or any other casino. That's just what it is. I was actually going up there expecting to talk to a host to explain some of my benefits. But he did said I asked, you know, why is this curring? Says you just leaved. Need to leave immediately or you will face arrest, which I did. I left that night. About a month later, I emailed Ben White, the manager, and said, why was I kicked out? I mean, I had spent a lot of money to get attain this level, and he says, you are an advantage player, and I don't know what that means.
Speaker 8: It's me.
Speaker 5: It just seems like the unity word say you're a bad person, and I feel like I play a lot of video poker where the casino doesn't make a lot of money as much money, and they said, well, this guy just got a VIP card level. I don't want to give him the free buffet there preplay, so they just.
Speaker 1: I wonder if Mark, Mark, are you listening to this?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Mark, okay, So hold on, both Mark and Dimitri. You guys go up there. What do you think?
Speaker 3: Well, I don't go up there. I haven't been there since they first opened the casinos. But I know what an advantage player means, and that is somebody who is suspected of using some sort of a system, not cheating, and the perfectly legal system to increase their advantage. So, for example, card counting would be one of those that would be considered an advantage advantage player, so the law. But the casinos don't want people.
Speaker 6: Like that, so they can basically say, get the hell out.
Speaker 5: Tom, I've been playing there for ten years. They could have said that at any time or told me not to do it. What I was playing is a game called Ultimate X video poker, and video poker has an advantage for the casino. There's no way I can I can beat that. I mean you could go up there and sit on it and play it and again.
Speaker 6: Okay, so why do you let me just ask you? Why do you think they kicked you out?
Speaker 1: Man? Bottom?
Speaker 8: Though?
Speaker 5: In January, I was playing a game called Ultimate X where you play twice amount of coin and if you get a good hand, you get a multiplier for the next one. So I got delta flush, which means on the next hand, I get an eight times multiplier on ten different rows, and just luckily I got dealt like.
Speaker 9: Four of a kind.
Speaker 5: So I won like seventy five hundred dollars on a video poker machine and that's normally unheard of.
Speaker 1: It was a really good hit.
Speaker 5: So I feel like they're holding that against me, saying, ah, you won money against us, but it was just pure luck in random.
Speaker 1: Mark, Do you think Mark? Does this sound right to you?
Speaker 11: Man?
Speaker 1: Mark? Man like that they would kick him out for winning? Yeah? Sure, if he's cheating this, I think he was cheating. How much did you win, David? I'll just back off now.
Speaker 5: It was like around eight thousand because it was a ten play. But then I looked at what I've won for the rest of the year between the two properties. They also own the guilt then, and it shows I've only lost. I ended up a net winning of like six thousand, so I lost three thousand dollars up that one big win.
Speaker 1: Mark.
Speaker 6: I don't want you to back off, because Mark does probably more gambling than any of us, and I don't mean that in a reckless way.
Speaker 1: But what do you think is going on? Mark?
Speaker 7: I think he was playing something else, either blackjack or some kind of table game at some point, and he was either counting the shuffle, counting the cards, something along that. I find it almost impossible that they did this because of video poker, literally impossible.
Speaker 5: It was video poker.
Speaker 10: I do not play.
Speaker 5: I don't don't know what you're talking about. On the on the other table games, it was video poker, and I hauled in.
Speaker 7: I don't know what to say. Man, they have the right to you, but I've never heard of anybody taking advantage of a video poker machine. Never heard it. It's like taking advantage of a slot machine.
Speaker 6: Did they ever give you a reason, an official reason?
Speaker 5: Yes, he said I was an advantage player in an email, but I was never spoken to in the ten years. And I also play video poker at all the other ones like Monarch, Amrastar, Horseshoe, everything next Door. They all offer this video poker variant.
Speaker 1: So can you still go to all the other casinos?
Speaker 5: Yes, every other casino in Blackhawk and Central City.
Speaker 7: Look a private invocation. They can kick them out for any reason they want, except for certain things like color.
Speaker 1: Right, or you know why, or whatever's covered by the law.
Speaker 5: If I was doing anything, why did they wait for the entire year to kick me out the day?
Speaker 1: That's see, this is where this hold on.
Speaker 6: You know, you typify, You typify something that I want to go over after the break, And when I say typify, it's not unreasonable and I want to I'm.
Speaker 1: Going to talk about this. Hang on.
Speaker 6: I'm Tom Martine. This guy had a good question. We're going to address it plus more. Give us a call three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. We have more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 1: And I have to.
Speaker 6: Tell you that Frank Rand, the real estate man, is your advantage if you're looking to sell your house because before you even list, he'll do a complete analysis, honest, good, forthright free and he'll go over every element that will price your house. And it's unique on its own. Three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Frank rand There, real estate Man dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: I'm Tom Martinez. You're troubleshooter seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. So I did some.
Speaker 6: Research store on the break, I talked to my boyfriend, and I also did some searching. According to my boyfriend, and I tried to get a female voice, but I can't so chat GPT is my boyfriend. I used to have a girlfriend co pilot, but she saw I should put that in another way. She's not very good. And then Gemini doesn't have voice at all. Gemini is the worst AI there is. Chat GPT has been my number one so far. I haven't tried deep search yet. The Chinese spy app. I haven't tried that one. So Mark was right. They can do anything they want. Basically, they just can't break the law. Meaning if you're of a certain religion you can't come here, a certain color, you can't come here.
Speaker 1: So you know, obviously they don't do that.
Speaker 6: Here's what they say, bro, and I want you to I want you to hear this, and you typify every consumer practically we've ever talked to about problems.
Speaker 1: And I don't mean that as a put down.
Speaker 6: You're you're right on track because but I'm gonna tell you this first, and I'll tell you what you typify first and foremost, they can ban you for no reason. They can ban you because they don't IQ. Okay, they can. They can do anything they want.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 6: An advantage player is someone who can do card counting or they suspect will even if they don't do it accurately. Hole carding, meaning you spot a hold card that the dealer exposed in a inadvertent way, not on purpose.
Speaker 1: Shuffle tracking.
Speaker 6: I have no idea what that means, but you can actually eye where the cards go. Bonus hunting that you exploit. Casino offers free play or match bonuses to gain an edge video poker strategy. If you win too much on a video machine and they sense a slight advantage to the player and not the house, they can discontinue dice control attempting to throw a certain way edge sort identifying tiny card in perfections to determine the values. So they have a house edge and they don't want anything that will chip into it. If a player can consistently beats the house, they are no longer allowed back.
Speaker 1: They just are not What rights you have, you have no rights.
Speaker 6: Casinos have the right to reserve refuse service for any reason.
Speaker 1: They're private businesses.
Speaker 6: They can ban anyone for any reason except for the race, gender, disability, a.
Speaker 1: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 6: They do not have to prove anything. They don't even have to have a reason. Many casinos share player information, so you may find you're going to be banned at other places, and tribal versus government and public are are a private will allow them to do anything they want. Tribal is under no one's control and stay owned require a formal process. So and you know like in Jersey and stuff, basically that's not that's it.
Speaker 1: It's it's one hundred percent.
Speaker 6: Now you ask something that a lot of people do, ask well, why didn't they talk to me or why didn't I hear this? Or why wasn't it consistent or why wasn't it And you're expecting logic and you're expecting what's called continuity or consistency and process.
Speaker 1: That is not a legal requirement.
Speaker 5: Okay, I hear you, tom So.
Speaker 6: I mean, I'm just giving you the raw information. Fighting this is going to be useless. It really is totally useless.
Speaker 3: Okay, what was your question about the W two G form? Did they misrepresent something on your tax report?
Speaker 5: So when I in January, when I won that uh dig a hit on that video poker machine, they gave me a W a W two G. The next day when I went home, the name on that W two G was for a different person.
Speaker 1: It was a mistake.
Speaker 5: It was a mistake. So I was concerned that my personal information, which might had my home address and my social security number was was sent out and somebody else had received my w twogs, so I had and if it was.
Speaker 8: I guess it was.
Speaker 5: I had to contact the Color Division of Gaming to say, hey, I want the other person to bring back my w twog.
Speaker 1: I returned.
Speaker 7: We just answered his question. Why they This is why they kicked him out. He was being a pain in the ass to him.
Speaker 1: He called the gaming I'm going to tell you something. I want to I want to tell you something.
Speaker 6: Okay, bringing back your W two or whatever is not going to keep you safe. It's already been exposed. So really, you know, I know, I know what you're doing.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 6: You're trying to get a pound of flesh. And it's not it's just not. I look, I don't want you disliking me, but I gotta be honest with you. It's not going to work. Okay, You're not going to get them to return it. You have no special rights to get it returned. It was a mistake and the only recourse you have is if there are damages, but you're required to mitigate those damages by doing a credit freeze or an alert or something like that. Now I know that's not what you wanted to hear. But you, I promise you you do not have any special rights.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 5: I kind of considered that a separate issue, but I guess the way you guys are saying it, you're saying that I was poking the bear and I deserve to be No.
Speaker 6: No, I didn't say that. Mark said that, and that could be true. I don't care about that.
Speaker 1: Well what that I didn't say you deserve to be kicked out.
Speaker 7: I'm saying, when you call the Gaming Commission on a casino, your name gets on a list pretty damn quick, dude.
Speaker 5: A data breach of my financial information is.
Speaker 1: I'm not arguing with you. I'm just telling you. Listen.
Speaker 6: Listen, listen. A data breach is important. But I'm going to explain something to you, whether you like it or not. A data breach is only injurious if there is a data breach that causes you harm or damages.
Speaker 1: To call the Gaming Commission. Was correct.
Speaker 6: You can call them and say there was a data breach and I want them to return my W two. Now, they're never going to make somebody return to W two.
Speaker 1: But there it was proper to call if you were upset about the data breach. That's very proper to do that.
Speaker 6: But what they did was said, this guy's a pain in the ass, and you're trying to make the case that if it was reasonable for me to call the Gaming Commission, they should not lash out against me.
Speaker 1: But I'm going to tell you something they did.
Speaker 6: I mean, do you understand that we watch too much TV where we think we have rights where we don't.
Speaker 1: You could bring a lawsuit against them.
Speaker 8: It makes sense, It makes sense, you know.
Speaker 1: And I don't mean to shoot you down.
Speaker 6: I know you called me for help, but my help is telling you the truth. We got more coming up on The Troubleshooter Show three O three seven one three Talks seven one three eight two five five. Compass Insurance will do an insurance check up on you to make sure you're not over insured, underinsured, maybe paying too much, or maybe you have a great deal, and they'll tell you the truth. Three oh three nine ninety six nine thousand. The Insurance Health Center dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content time for an insurance check up free no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey Tom Martine here three three seven one three talk seven one three two five. Jordan canos with us. Hey, Jordan, I want to ask you something. The event is coming up tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Is that right?
Speaker 9: Actually, yeah, we are. We pushed it out a couple of weeks because we had such a high demand that we wanted to get the right hotel set up tom So we're gonna be pushing it out a couple more weeks and we're gonna have Oh.
Speaker 1: So it's not wait wait wait, let me get this straight. So it's not tomorrow.
Speaker 9: It's not tomorrow. No, So thank you for asking. Yes, you know it's gonna be. We're gonna have it about two weeks from tomorrow and we'll get the exact dates and everything set up. But still my Moneymway dot com. Anybody can go to the website see the updated calendar for the seminar. Or if they just want to meet on a one on one consultation, that's absolutely complimentary. They can do that as well.
Speaker 1: Bro, what's the new date right now.
Speaker 9: We're looking at We're waiting for the whit for the hotel Thoms.
Speaker 6: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 1: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 6: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Rip new needed that who you don't have run anouss as we can. Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 4: Come six is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino, Hi Tom.
Speaker 1: Martina here, Welcome to the show. I'm here to help you solve problems. De'st question taking place?
Speaker 6: So is Major Mark Major sitting in the house and where sus is she lazing today or what?
Speaker 1: Nope, she's in the other room working. Okay, and then we have I think Bo in the studio.
Speaker 2: Bo.
Speaker 12: Hello there, I'm ready to help.
Speaker 1: Hey, want a.
Speaker 6: Case, got deputy, Got deputy d over here, d thank you for being here.
Speaker 1: Hey, you're welcome. Thanks for all right. Any of you guys have cases you want to follow up quickly?
Speaker 6: You have some resolved. I don't know if you brought them up when Mark did the show or not, did you?
Speaker 1: I you know, I offered to, but we were so busy. Okay, so let's talk about some and now I'm going right to the phones, but real quick. Pick a case, because you had some really good ones. Yeah, you know you may recalled it. A few months ago.
Speaker 3: Lady by the name of Roberta called this because she lost seventy eight hundred dollars oh Wills Fargo, Yeah, habit.
Speaker 1: Card to us and they said it was not fraud. Yeah.
Speaker 3: They actually denied her claim, and then she asked them to reinvestigate. She appealed to the nial. They they supposedly reinvestigate, edited and denied it again. So she was out seventy eight hundred bucks, but we developed a really great resource.
Speaker 1: Okay, so she's still out the money, though, Well, listen to this and get ready to be happy.
Speaker 3: I just got an email from her over the weekend saying that the resource that told us that he's going to help with it, this is their press affairs guy. He asked the investigating department to re reinvestigate this matter. They immediately found that Roberta was in the right and they credited her account a little.
Speaker 1: Almighty god dollars.
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness, no craft, Yeah, wells Fargo of all places.
Speaker 6: So we Mark, isn't that great news? My gosh? Man thought? Okay, you know, I just not my dinger handy, but thanks both. Since my new configuration, I can't and Mark makes fun of me. Everything's perfect on the technology side of except I can't get my sound effects to go through this board for some reason.
Speaker 1: And they're not being picked to it.
Speaker 6: Thank you, bro. I give the dinger to d We should call him Deputy Dingery, as so many of them. But anyway, whoa bo do you have?
Speaker 1: Any I have.
Speaker 12: This one I'm working on from last Friday.
Speaker 1: Her name is Erene.
Speaker 13: She called in about her furnace and this lady has not had heat since November shed.
Speaker 1: Oh that's right, true story. Did you go out there?
Speaker 12: Yes, I went out there Saturday afternoon.
Speaker 13: She had five companies come out there, and basically every one of them said, you cannot get parts for the furnace. And one of the companies.
Speaker 1: Is that true?
Speaker 12: No, it's not true at all. It's it's an eighty percent furnace. It's a train.
Speaker 13: I looked it up over the week and I can get practically every part.
Speaker 1: For the furnace.
Speaker 12: But the problem is, mom, Yes.
Speaker 1: I just want to ask a quick question.
Speaker 6: Did any of those companies that told her they can't get parts and she has to replace it? Were they on my referral list?
Speaker 13: She only gave me three companies and they were not, But there are two others she's trying to send me paperwork on.
Speaker 1: All.
Speaker 12: Right, but this is what I want to say.
Speaker 1: One of the people.
Speaker 13: Went out there and pulled all the wires out. They pulled everything out, and it looks like a bull of spaghetti inside the furnace.
Speaker 12: So I just couldn't track all of the You.
Speaker 1: Know why they did that, right, Sure they did.
Speaker 13: They wanted to try to disable it, so it couldn't well.
Speaker 1: It called the it's called the savior complex.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they want to put you in a situation where you need them to be their savior.
Speaker 1: I'm looking up the call. What what is her?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 12: Her her name is under Erene.
Speaker 13: She called on one twenty four, I think it was in the eleven o'clock care and she's had no heat for over six months.
Speaker 1: So that furnace. Can the wiring be repearline? I have down? But okay, so it's not earline, it's rowhen.
Speaker 12: It's e r L E E n earleine.
Speaker 1: That's what I got it. Okay, thank you, So I correct that.
Speaker 12: So what I'm trying to do.
Speaker 13: I got a list of all the parts that we could possibly I could possibly put in, but the wiring everyone screwed up. The wiring is a little beyond my capability. So I have a friend that's going to come out. I'm going to go back over there this week and try to trace it out, and I'm going to try to get her furnace going because she's only she only gets three hundred dollars a month social Security. She's got her daughter and two grandkids living with her, and you huddle in the they huddle in the bedroom, all of them together at night to stay warm. They have some electric going on. But I think I can get the furnace going. But for those people to say it needed to be replaced because the parts are not available, it's not true. I mean, the furnace is only fifteen years old and I don't think there's anything wrong with it other than one of the contractors that came out they try to sell her a new one that basically disabled it.
Speaker 6: Okay, I want to know something. How old is it?
Speaker 12: It's about fifteen sixteen years old?
Speaker 6: Yeah, but that to be fair, sometimes I know people don't have the money, but to be fair, sometimes it isn't worth fixing unless they're minor parts, right.
Speaker 12: Bo Yes, I mean you're rid in fairness. It's old that should be replaced.
Speaker 13: But she doesn't have to nine thousand dollars that she got quotes from seventy five to nine thousand dollars.
Speaker 12: So that's why I want to try to help her and get her going.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I get it. I just can't. I thank you, man. That's great. I have one more, so let go. Okay, Well, let me take a call first and we'll go back to you. I really appreciate it. Bo Crystal. What's going on?
Speaker 2: Yes, I wanted to elicit some help on a toe, a car towing scam that happened to my family. We had a vehicle that unfortunately the registration expired, but it was a family heirloom that we were trying to restore, and it was in my son's apartment complex and it was not ready hold on.
Speaker 6: A family heirloom and hold on a family heirloom was was in a parking lot at an apartment outside.
Speaker 2: I realized that, yeah.
Speaker 6: And oh no, no, I'm just asking, I'm just asking what kind of an heirloom?
Speaker 1: Is it an antique? What is it?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 1: Well, what is it? Though? She called? Go ahead?
Speaker 2: Eighty five dodgs Ram. That was my husband's grandfathers and it was passed down to grandson.
Speaker 6: And so it was a nineteen eighty five Dodge Ram, Yes, okay, and it was toad it was it had an expired registration.
Speaker 1: Is that right? That's correct, which I know is fired registration. Yes, well, I understand that.
Speaker 6: I mean, and by the way, by the way, that that was probably a legal toe, But why do you call it a scam?
Speaker 2: Yeah, let me explain. So it was not running and it was towed from the apartment complex to a private parking lot, which then a different toe company towed it and impounded it.
Speaker 1: What wait a minute, why did they take it to a private lot?
Speaker 2: Exactly? That's why I think it's Well, no, I'm asking did they?
Speaker 1: Did they? And how do you know that happen?
Speaker 2: So we were the last folks to register that vehicle. So we got a certified letter from a towing company two weeks after the fact that said our vehicle was impounded and we owed two thousand dollars.
Speaker 7: Well, they had to give you twenty couple things real quick. They had to give you a twenty four hour notice. But all they have to do is put it on the car. Just because of what you just said, you didn't realize it for two weeks. I would assume they did that. You guys didn't see it. They cannot toe it for just having expired plates, but they can toe it for a vehicle that doesn't run in their parking lot.
Speaker 2: So the apartment complex did not call the toe.
Speaker 6: Company if they don't have to, if they have an existing relationship, they don't have to. A toe company doesn't go on to private property and tow something just because they want to. Did the apartment complex have a relationship with the toe company? No, So it was a random toe company driving past an apartment complex and said, we're going to go in and we're going to toe cars for the hell of it.
Speaker 1: What's the name of the complex?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 6: No, wait, wait, Mark, wait, Crystal, I need to know if that's the case, I think you have a good case.
Speaker 1: So they were.
Speaker 6: Driving by, they had no signage whatsoever. This particular company simply decided to patrol that lot.
Speaker 1: So we've tried to do.
Speaker 2: Some investigation ourselves. So what we have determined was that there was a couple in a different apartment that needed their car repaired, so they called a tow company to repair to pick up their car to be repaired. When that toe company was there, they said, hey, we see this older vehicle. Do you know if it's abandoned? And the couple said no, they didn't know. The next day our car was missing, and my son filed up police report and we.
Speaker 1: Later okay, is it possible.
Speaker 6: Is it possible that the toe company, after finding out there was a car there, went to the management company and asked did they want it toad.
Speaker 2: No, because we talked to the manager of the apartment.
Speaker 6: If the management complex, if the management complex did not want it, toad and there was no signage and you didn't get twenty four hours, notice that first toe company is going.
Speaker 1: To owe you every dime. What's the name of the company, every dime?
Speaker 2: The name of the complex is I should notice Bear Creek?
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, okay, so listen address, listen to information. I don't need that. The first toe company, what was the name? Is it in Bolder?
Speaker 2: No, it's in Lakewood. And the only reason we determined all of this was because we got some ring video footage of the tow truck that there was no yeah, okay name. There was no name on a tow truck, and we could not get the license.
Speaker 6: So when your son reported it, they didn't know where the truck was this company. I don't understand why this company towed it to a private lot if they weren't going.
Speaker 1: To get paid.
Speaker 2: So that's why I think that they're.
Speaker 1: Wait, wait, wait, just run quick.
Speaker 6: Why would why would a company give away a toe to another company in another private lot?
Speaker 2: So I think that the where it ended up being toe to that company's apt I think they're in collusion with other toe companies.
Speaker 6: So do you think they say to people? So they say to people, find vehicles and bring them to our lot, and we will have them towed to impound, and we will then split the money with you.
Speaker 2: That's what I think.
Speaker 6: Okay, hold on, Crystal, Why wouldn't those other companies simply find abandoned vehicles and go directly to impound and make the money without splitting it with this other company.
Speaker 2: What I think is the abandoned vehicles that perhaps the people that own them would not follow up on it so that they will then auction the vehicles off or part the matter.
Speaker 6: Well, I'm still asking why couldn't a tow company do that directly? Why would they have to abandon it go through an extra step of putting it in a vacant lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. It's just a whole weird situation, like why was the.
Speaker 6: Well, it doesn't sound it doesn't sound efficient. It doesn't sound efficient to me. But I'm not saying it's impossible no matter what that matter or what and how do you know there are others this happens too.
Speaker 1: With that lote.
Speaker 2: I looked onlines and saw reviews for the company where the toe the vehicle ended up was app towing and.
Speaker 6: And did they did other people say my car was towed to this lot and then towed out of it.
Speaker 2: No, not specific to that.
Speaker 6: Okay, all right, So so you're just surmising this is what happens.
Speaker 1: I don't think any scammer, none of the listen. I don't. I don't think that happened.
Speaker 6: I don't think there's scam towing multiple cars to this lot in order to rack up fees and split money with someone when they can go direct. There might be a collusion in this case between the toe toe companies. Honest to God, there might be because that that toe company, that toe company may have said, look, I don't have authorization to take this toe, but if I put it over in your lot, will you send the notice and all the other stuff.
Speaker 1: It could be, It really could be.
Speaker 6: I don't think it's a massive scan, but I think that maybe you stumbled onto something.
Speaker 4: But I'm going to go.
Speaker 6: Back to one thing after Deputy d gives us two cents because he's been wanting to. But there's one thing that's obvious that you should do.
Speaker 1: Deputy d What do you have to say that you brought you were going to bring on?
Speaker 3: Well, I think Crystal mentioned two very suspicious things. One is she has ring video of an unmarked toe company. This is the first toe company, right, Crystal, did you say their truck is unmarked?
Speaker 2: Correct from what we could tell.
Speaker 1: So you don't know the name. You don't really know the name of the company that told you.
Speaker 3: Just because she contacted one of her neighbors who originally called the unmarked.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you know the name of the company. No, she doesn't, don't.
Speaker 6: The original company came to tow that other car to repair. The next day her car was told. She's surmising, well, was it the same truck?
Speaker 1: Did she ask her neighbor?
Speaker 6: Was this the same truck that came and got my car? I mean, we can't just automatically assume that the next day her car was towed by the same company.
Speaker 3: So the second thing that she said is her car was towed by the unmarked truck to a parking lot of an unrelated business.
Speaker 1: Right, those two are very suspicious. Well, of course they aren't.
Speaker 6: I didn't nobody I think if it happened like she said, if that company towed it to another lot. It was so that other lot would do all the notices because I don't think they were authorized to take it from the private apartment complex.
Speaker 1: So they got around it by simply saying it was in this lot, not that lot.
Speaker 6: So they were hoping they could take it out of the apartment complex lot without anyone knowing. And then simply an abandoned vehicle shows up on a private lot and the private lot tows it legally, but it was not legally because it was brought there by another toe company.
Speaker 1: What I need to know is this, Do you know the name of the company that towed it to that lot?
Speaker 2: I do not, But the least agent, the manager at the apartment complex, knows the couple who had their vehicle towed by this company, and.
Speaker 1: Then that your vehicle.
Speaker 6: Yeah but no, okay, let me explain this to So you have the apartment complex manager who says, I know a couple who called a tow company, who came, who said, what is that car?
Speaker 1: And then the next day it was missing. Do you understand you don't have any evidence that that car? I mean you do you have? You said, there's ring video of your son's truck. Being towed. Is that right?
Speaker 2: Yes, that's correct.
Speaker 1: Okay, that truck and the toe companies.
Speaker 6: Is it the same truck as the couple that had their truck had their car toad to repair?
Speaker 1: Is it the same truck? I do not know because the well, you got to do your homework. If it's the same truck. If it's the same truck, you can maybe get the name.
Speaker 2: I tried, but the manager at the complex does not feel comfortable giving us a couple's information.
Speaker 1: Well, then you're at a dead end. You're at a total dead end. What you can what you can do?
Speaker 6: Well, if somebody just tells me this happened and there's absolutely no evidence and you can't get the evidence, we can't assume it that's what happened.
Speaker 7: I mean, well, if I knew the damn complex's name, I'd make a call.
Speaker 1: But there is not a Bear Creek in Lakewood, so I'd have to know something.
Speaker 6: Sure, we will make a call, but there's something else I want to ask another obvious question. The toe company that did take it to impound that now wants two thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Do they have evidence that there was notice put on there?
Speaker 6: And again, you wouldn't have known about the notice because it wasn't in your normal parking space.
Speaker 1: But do they have evidence that they at least tried to do it the right way?
Speaker 14: We did call the lady at the toe company, and yes, she asked if we were going to pay to get the.
Speaker 2: Truck out and if not, she was not going to take the time to do the investigation.
Speaker 1: Okay. What is the name of the second toe company?
Speaker 2: APT Towing.
Speaker 15: Att APT APT.
Speaker 2: Got it and I do have the apartment complex is ranch at Bear Creek Crystal.
Speaker 3: Did APT advise you of your right to get that car back for a very small initial payment of something like sixty seven dollars approximately and then enter into a payment arrangement with them that's required.
Speaker 2: No, that they sat at the time when we first were notified and called them that we owed them two thousand dollars.
Speaker 6: Okay, did they tell you there are now legal payment arrangements they have to make with you.
Speaker 1: You can get the clarification of that from the PUC. Well they can't.
Speaker 3: They have to and the first call I would make a fire use to the PUC to submit the complaint about them.
Speaker 1: The toe company will take that very very seriously and do you see, will.
Speaker 3: Also advise you of the details of your rights under this towing law, and that will give you some time to investigate us further without being at risk of having your automobile sold in the meantime.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, I think by the way, yeah, go ahead. I was going to say, unfortunately we miss the deadline. I've been trying to get people to how I reached out to Fox News.
Speaker 1: What deadline did you miss? What deadline are you talking about?
Speaker 2: They said that if we didn't pay for the full impound fees by the nineteenth of this month, that we lost our ability to get those It was the date.
Speaker 1: Well, they're wrong.
Speaker 3: So APT is required by law to auction off your car after sixty days. You have until the fifty ninth day to come and get Okay, do you know.
Speaker 6: The date of the y and they can't charge you the whole amount or they can't, but they must allow you to make a down payment. They never advised you of a down payment. Indeed, you want to call over to that pee company.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just one quick question, Crystal, was the what was the date of the toe? Approximate date of the toe?
Speaker 2: I believe they picked up it on the twelfth of December, and they were giving us until January nineteenth.
Speaker 1: Today, I'll be happy to call them, Tom.
Speaker 6: Oh Man, I think you're getting screwed for sure. I don't think there's a massive scale going on, but I think you definitely the second company she said December twelfth, right, I think that company did not give you the right information to get your car back because they don't want to.
Speaker 1: I got to take a break. Is this the first break? I'm I'm in big trouble.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry, So I'm gonna get get the information for Deputy b d Here.
Speaker 1: I'm Tom Martino. Thanks man more coming up?
Speaker 6: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, Your troubleshooter three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five Russ, what's happening with you?
Speaker 1: Russ?
Speaker 10: Wondering if you can give me some ideas. I have a ranch home and uh, we wish in the family room and it's just in that area, not in the bedroom, and then we hear a cracking popping sound and it gets worse when I turn the gas fireplace off.
Speaker 6: It doesn't do it a lot, but okay, hold on, hold on, a cracking There's a couple of things I want to ask you. When you say a cracking popping sound, does this sound if you can tell mechanical or electrical or you can't tell.
Speaker 10: No, it's it's structural. It's what structural?
Speaker 1: You know there like a like a floor creek or something.
Speaker 10: Yeah, kind of like, uh, you know, it sounds like the ceiling is going to fall on you. But you know it's it gets loud sometimes and it's been doing it for a while that it seems to be getting worse. And I'm just wondering if you have any.
Speaker 6: Idea and you hear, okay, hold on, are you noticing any cracks and walls or doors that are hard to close or anything different.
Speaker 1: Windows not opening, No, we even have now now.
Speaker 6: Okay, okay, So you hear this noise primarily in one room and not the others mostly.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, it's the family room, and then there's a dining small dining area, and then we go into the kitchen, but we mostly hear it around that area. And the garage door is where the family room is where you go out to the garage, and you know, once we open the door, and then we can hear it every once in a while, you know.
Speaker 1: But now, what do you what do you hear? Tell me what you hear.
Speaker 10: It's like a cracking sound, you know, And I someone told me that it might be.
Speaker 1: Have you ever heard have you ever heard a creaky floor when you walk across it?
Speaker 10: Yes, but like that, Yeah, it's just an attic No, no, no, no, I get it.
Speaker 1: But does it sound like a creaky floor.
Speaker 10: Kind of yeah?
Speaker 1: And when it happens, does it happen one day and not the other on certain days?
Speaker 10: No, it's usually every other day. Maybe when I have the gas fireplace on, we're sitting in and watching TV. You know, all of a sudden you hear it real loud, and you know, there's no cracks in the ceiling nothing, you know, and I was someone told me that it might no.
Speaker 15: No, no, no no.
Speaker 1: So you turn on the gas fireplace and you hear it loud, right.
Speaker 10: Yeah, after a while, I think.
Speaker 1: It's your I know it because your flu is heating up.
Speaker 6: I think it's a reaction to the extreme cold and the warmth of your house and the metal flu going up through a wall. That's what I think. Now, that's just from hearing what you're saying. Obviously you can have that checked out. So you have a gas fireplace, yes, so it happens even when the gas fireplace.
Speaker 10: Is off right, Yeah, but not as loud and yeah, so.
Speaker 6: Oh hold on, so hold on. So so I think that's what it is. I think it's your your flu or some kind of duct work for that fireplace.
Speaker 1: I really do. Now there's a way to check it out, but I don't want you to get dangerous.
Speaker 9: Are you.
Speaker 1: Do you know where that exhausts on the roof?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Okay, Now are you handy and I'm not asking you to do that. You ever get on your roof or not?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 11: I do.
Speaker 10: But I'm seventy six now, and my wife and kids tell me don't get up on the roof.
Speaker 1: So I had no, don't don't do it. Don't do it, you old bastard, don't do it. I don't want you on my mind. I don't want you on my conscience.
Speaker 10: Yeah, so you could get you know, because someone told me that maybe it could help. I don't know.
Speaker 1: But uh so I'm having insulation where.
Speaker 10: Slation inlation on the attic, the whole the hole addic.
Speaker 1: Well, you don't have your attic is not insulated now, yes it is, but.
Speaker 10: It's my house is forty five years old, and it doesn't seem okay.
Speaker 6: Insulation is always going to help your house. I don't know if it'll help the noise. I sincerely think, do you know what that flu is made of? Is it a pipe or is it a duct?
Speaker 2: Do you know?
Speaker 10: I don't know. I think it's a pipe. I don't know.
Speaker 6: It's like a big silver, ugly pipe and it comes out of your roof and you got a covered yes. Is it bricked around your roof or is it just a stovepipe hicking out with a top.
Speaker 10: Obviously I'm probably just a stove pipe. We just have sighting on the outside.
Speaker 1: You can't see it. But you can't see it on the roof. If it's just a stovepipe sticking.
Speaker 10: Out, well there's yeah, there's a stove pipe kind of I guess.
Speaker 9: And it's.
Speaker 10: Maybe maybe eight inches ten inches.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's it now. And it goes and it looks like it goes down.
Speaker 10: To your where your stove is, right, yes, exactly.
Speaker 1: Okay are your fireplace?
Speaker 8: All right?
Speaker 1: Here's what I don't want you to do. But somebody could do. A handyman. You have him go up on the roof. I got to take a break.
Speaker 6: You have n't go up on the roof and they listen from the top and it'll be a distinct pinging sound. But that's I'm almost positive that's what it is. Installation's not going to stop it. It's just a fact of life. It got a little loose over the years. You may want to have a chimney sweep check it out and make sure it's secure. They can help secure it and maybe cement it where it's loose, or maybe even replace the liner.
Speaker 1: Whatever. Just that's what I think it is. We have more coming up on the Troubleshooter show. Go with a Sure Thing.
Speaker 6: Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Tom Martine, Here, we're going to Jordan Caiano. Hey, Jordan, I want to talk about this. Somebody asks, at what point do you suggest a fixed indextinuity for someone that has some guaranteed returns and guaranteed guaranteed growth and guaranteed income. I want to know your reasoning, and I want to tell you what I'm thinking upfront, because I don't want to.
Speaker 1: I know, I don't believe in submarine people.
Speaker 6: I love you, guys, I really do, but I believe many people are placed in annuities by companies that they shouldn't be in because they're young enough that I believe they could make they could grow their nest egg and they're limited in returns by annuities to a certain extent. Now I'm not saying that there's not a place for annuities. I have one, Jordan, and you guys were very brilliant on analyzing everything I brought to you.
Speaker 1: Now here's what I want to ask you. When do you decide someone is right for an annuity?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I would say, you know, really, we kind of look at a few factors. Age is a big piece, because you're you're spot on with that. I think anybody that's probably in their thirties, the twenties, maybe even.
Speaker 1: Early forties, maybe no, you really, yeah, you.
Speaker 9: Know, that's kind of where that cut off white starts to give, because you know, if they have a place to be able to earn you know, obviously higher returns and are not worried about the risk of the time, well then of course you know they can take advantage of the forward k's broker's.
Speaker 10: Accounts, that kind of thing.
Speaker 9: But we kind of see that for a lot of people who leave those accounts behind from old employers, they don't even do anything with them, and we try to make sure that you just get back to controlling them and getting guarantees and bonuses and of course, as Marc has mentioned, our long term care benefits. That a is a huge one in today's world.
Speaker 10: It is.
Speaker 6: It is absolutely now as people get older and they want that security, they don't mind risking some of the higher returns if they get guaranteed safety, right, correct.
Speaker 8: And we're still talking about double digit returns.
Speaker 9: You know, it's just a matter if it follows indexes, golds and teach five hundred dow Jones all of that. But to your point, you're not buying individual stocks, so it gives the growth with the floor, so you don't have to drop through when the market drops, but you lock in your earnings each year so you never have to go backwards going forward.
Speaker 6: I want to ask you something real quick here, bro on an annuity. What pick one of your best annuities and a true performance. What has it been returning let's say an average over the the last three years.
Speaker 9: Yeah, well, see that's the one thing with indextinuities. It's gonna be based on everybody's anniversary date. You know, you have some phenomenal ones that people who came back with Well.
Speaker 6: I understand, I understand, But if you pick one or two. If you pick one and you can show certainly performance data. I'd like to explore some of that. Just listen, we're not taying people, you know. In fact, annuities are one of the few things you can quote like that because securities. People look askance at people doing it with stocks and stuff because nothing is an indication. But with a fixed in deestinuity, it's not a security and you can quote what it's been doing. Hold on, I'll come back to.
Speaker 1: That right after this.
Speaker 6: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call come this insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank Durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five. So Jordan Ciano, just real quickly here and Michael, I'm going to get to you, I promise you and any other caller at three o three seven to one three talker three oh three Martino three oh three six two seventy four sixty six. Jordan. So you also have overfunding life insurance. Become the banker. Explain that then, because certainly that's good for almost anyone, don't you think absolutely.
Speaker 9: I mean, that is our bread and butter. As you we'd like to say, you're building tax free money away from the banks and really just kind of getting away as money away from the government from taxation as best as you can. And that's what we do with to become the baker.
Speaker 6: Explain how that works. Explain Explain how that works. The goal is not really life insurance, but that's like frosting correct.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you know, it's it's kind of a unique way of looking at whole life. But it's a very specialize. There's only about five life insurance companies that offer these type of banking policies. We work with all five, and really it's just about overfunding. You put money into it. You're building it almost like a like a tax repity bank, if you will.
Speaker 5: And as the people say.
Speaker 6: People say, why would I overfund something? Why would I pay more than the cost of insurance? Explain that because the extra cash grows tax deferred.
Speaker 9: Well, it's correct tax deferment. It stays tax free in the policy you can use it.
Speaker 1: Well, it stays tax free if they do what you guys say.
Speaker 6: And we're going to go over what you guys say, because that's where it stays tax So you can say tax free for a nest egg. Talking about nest Egg, if you don't have a lot of money to invest, it's one of the best products you can offer. Hang on, we'll talk about that and more. Coming back with the deputies and Major, Mark Major and the gang. Right after this, go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 1: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 6: Please time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer When you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 10: Ripped.
Speaker 1: You need so you don't have run anxiousness fast as we can shoot, It's gonna come.
Speaker 4: Dix. He is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 1: No Tom Martino, Hello Tom Martino here, and I invite you to call in. For the first time.
Speaker 6: We have full open lines at three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five, fighting for you, solving problems, answering questions, taking plays. Major Mark Majors on with me along with Deputy d Over here to my side of your streaming. Deputy Bows at the studio and Kachina Glory on the phones.
Speaker 1: And uh Dragon, we get the B team after Shannon leaves. Actually, I'm just kidding. He's he I have an A plus. I'll let you figure out which one switch.
Speaker 6: So, Deputy d Uh we had a woman call earlier and it was distressing, but let's just talk about it. Her son has a nineteen eighty five Dodge Ram that wasn't running and the registration was expired and it was towed from an apartment complex, but apparently the apartment complex never called anyone to come toe it. She suspects someone was there looking at a neighbor's car to bring to repairs and probably noticed her car and came back and got it under no authorization, no twenty four hour notice, none of the legal ramifications. However, she doesn't know the name of the toe company, so what she does know is that it was actually towed to impound from a private lot. So she suspects somebody towed it from the apartment complex with no authorization to a private lot so that private lot could go through the motion and legally impound it or I say legally meaning as if it was parked there, and she thinks it's an elaborate scam. But APT Towing is the one that towed it from that private lot, and whether they did it legally or not, did they give the twenty four hour notice and all that they would have never known because it was out from their normal part working spot at the apartment complex. So now what we have is a situation where it's going to cause two grand to get this eighty five dodge ram back what she describes as a family heirloom.
Speaker 1: But the problem is.
Speaker 6: Is that.
Speaker 1: She was never advised, according to her that under new state law, they have to offer financing provisions to take it from their deputy d Thanks Tom.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this story really stinks, especially the part where her car was initially told by an unmarked tow truck into the commercial lot.
Speaker 1: After that APT took over.
Speaker 3: So a few minutes ago, our caller Crystal sent me the letter that she received from APT advising her of the balance too. I called that number and I spoke with a lady by the name of Brie, and she I told her why I was forthcoming. Oh no, she hung up on me twice.
Speaker 1: Okay, and that tells you something right off the bat. It stinks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is something is something is going on. In my opinion, something very dirty is going on. So Brie hung up on me after I told her why I was calling. I called back again. I told her that I'd like to speak with her or if she doesn't want to provide any comment on this matter, then I'd like to speak with Karen A.
Speaker 1: Fisher. She's the Karen A.
Speaker 3: Fisher is the lady who's been filing all of the documents with the color of Secretary of State's Office on behalf of APT service.
Speaker 1: So as soon as I talked, as soon as I.
Speaker 3: As soon as I mentioned Karen Fisher's name, the lady who claims to be Bri said, I don't care if you call the PUC and hung up on me again. So at this point, I'm going to contact the PUC and get there, get there, get their suggestion. So she she was that obstinate, Oh no, she was. Yeah, she was the most unpleasant person I've spoke to in in my course of work over here since Wow helping you just a really rough, unpleasant, nasty, nasty lady.
Speaker 1: But I won't hold that against her.
Speaker 3: All we're trying to do is make sure that Crystal is able to get her vehicle back under terms in accordance with the state law. Now, Crystal did bring that up to APT Towing when she first called them, and they wouldn't let According to Crystal, they said the entire balance is due.
Speaker 1: It's due now, And it sounds like.
Speaker 3: They also either told her or at least implied that, oh, it's too late now and we're going to sell the vehicle. So that's one of the clarifications that I sought to get from APT Towing, but it was unable to because they just keep hanging up. So Crystal is calling the PUC right now as we speak, And then as soon as I complete this update, I too, am going to call the PC and get their perspective on what to do next, because I can tell you one thing. The car is just days away from being sold at auction.
Speaker 1: And these are they're being jerks. They really are being jerks. Oh with a capital J, Tom, that is too bad.
Speaker 3: And you know, and if you're not doing something dirty, something underhanded, something sneaky, why not talk to somebody about it. Why not explain your position and tell us what the consumer can do to get their car.
Speaker 1: Man, that sucks. What's the name of that company? APT Service Inc? What's their phone number? I don't give. I give the number I call. People should know about them. The number I called just in case somebody is accidentally about to call them to to order a toe or something.
Speaker 3: It's three zero three four five five one two six four. Man, Yeah, so I called three oh three four five five one two six.
Speaker 1: Four, and man Bree was nasty to me. That sucks. It sucks with a capitalists all right, Well, thank you people for helping us out when it comes to this kind of stuff, because they need to know that they're jerks.
Speaker 6: They didn't do anything right, and they know that we know. And did you ask about her charge allowing financing for this?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: As soon as I didn't even get a chance to, I told her the reason I was calling and what my questions are. And by the way, I didn't call to point my finger at them or accuse them of any wrongdoing because at that point I still don't know what they did wrong. If anything, I still don't know what connection they have with you on marked tow truck that sneaked the view podential lot into a private business lot. I was going to discuss all of that. I didn't get a chance. I didn't get a chance to ask any of those questions because APT Towing hung up on me twice.
Speaker 1: All right, people give the number out again, Sorry, just give it out.
Speaker 3: But the number I called was three zero three four or five five one two six four.
Speaker 1: Tell him that Martino told you to call.
Speaker 6: Don't be a jerk about it, just you know, tell them, hey, you know this whole thing has uh is has stink all over it. You can put it that way, stink all over it. Yeah, and that you're gonna let people know. And she doesn't care. We Uh, she doesn't care if we go to the public utilities.
Speaker 1: No, go ahead, call the PUC. Go ahead and click. Well, you know what we're going to call the POP. That's my next phone call.
Speaker 6: All right, three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five Okay. On consumer news, Oh, Jordan, First, Jordan, somebody wrote to me saying they have an annuity. They had it when they were younger. They want to participate in the stock market. They want to cash in the annuity. They didn't get it from you. They're just they just felt it was inappropriate at the time. And they're now forty five. They're forty five. Their past what's called the surrender period. But explain surrender periods, and explain how that person goes about and gets money and how much of that money will they get back.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 9: So the thing is having floors and bonuses, just like anything else. You know, a broker's account, you don't have you can lose all the money right with this, They have that floor and they give you a fifteen percent bonus up front. So they have what's called surrender periods, as you mentioned.
Speaker 6: Some companies before that, before that money becomes yours right.
Speaker 9: Before the full account. If you wanted to cash out now, if you end up turning the income on it any year, you can do that. If you decide to take some withdrawal out, you can take up to ten percent with that, you.
Speaker 6: Can take up to you can take without penalty up to ten percent.
Speaker 1: Is that right, Jordan?
Speaker 9: That is correct. And again and if you need income and you're ready to turn that switch on, you don't have to wait the full surrender period. It's only if companies are offering bonuses and offering benefits. They don't want you to hop around from company to company and pack up bonuses, of course, because that'd be a great way to make a lot of money, right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So now, yeah, of course, So tell us then what the surrender period usually looks like.
Speaker 9: Yeah, so, well, like I mentioned, it's about seven years, there's ten years, and then there's some companies that we don't really like to use it and deal with. But there's some bad ones we found out there from clients that have fourteen years or twenty years even and those are the ones that unfortunately you hear a lot about that give these twenty five percent bonuses, they're thirty percent that they lock these clients in for the entirety of their life not able to get that money out. So we really focus only on these when it makes sense for somebody younger. Personal text in you can get these fixed index ainuities without surrender windows because a lot of times it has to do with the income writer or that guaranteed income that we offer for all of our clients. So that's something that we talk on one on them with everybody. It just depends on their age, where they're at in life, and when they're ready to take money.
Speaker 1: All right, what's going on, Daryl, Welcome to the show, bro, Thank you.
Speaker 11: I was calling my mother in law, who currently resides in Mexico, is looking for a real estate attorney and somebody to handle her estate as well that is familiar with law in Mexico and the US. She has holdings in.
Speaker 1: Now, why both places? Does she own stuff here?
Speaker 8: I don't.
Speaker 11: She doesn't own any property in the States currently, she has multiple accounts in the States. She does own property in Mexico.
Speaker 1: She might be overthinking this. How much property does she own in Mexico?
Speaker 8: It's just her home, it's.
Speaker 1: And is it paid for?
Speaker 2: It is?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 1: How much does it.
Speaker 8: Worth around five hundred thousand.
Speaker 6: Okay, what she and it's paid for? And then how much money in the state's total on bank accounts.
Speaker 8: She probably has a couple of millions.
Speaker 1: Okay, And she is she is she married? Single?
Speaker 8: Or what she was married? Her husband passed.
Speaker 6: So she's single, a couple million bucks, a house paid for in Mexico, and she's looking for a state planning right correct?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 6: Does she have a boyfriend which she liked to meet, a nice elderly American man who's pretty good shape.
Speaker 1: Just kidding, all.
Speaker 6: Right, So listen, man, I'm going to get one of our state planning attorneys on.
Speaker 1: I think you're overthinking it.
Speaker 6: Though, because here's if this was my mother.
Speaker 1: In law calling me. If this was my mother in law calling me, this is what I would do. I want.
Speaker 6: This is exactly what I view. I would take all of the bank accounts in America. Now does she First of all, I have to ask does she have multiple.
Speaker 1: Heirs or one main heir?
Speaker 8: She has two children?
Speaker 6: Okay, that's easy. And does she plan on doing everything fifty to fifty?
Speaker 8: Well, I guess her her husband's children are also there too there as.
Speaker 6: Well, well, her husband's children. Okay, but he died and everything went to the wife. Was there any will or any provision for those kids?
Speaker 8: I don't know that there was, but I think that she wants to make sure she does right by them as well.
Speaker 1: Okay, So how many heirs all together?
Speaker 8: If you're going so her two children and her husband's two children, and are they all going to get an equal amount? I couldn't say that with any certainty. I think that's her intention, but I it probably will not go that way.
Speaker 1: Do the do the kids all? Do the kids all know each other?
Speaker 8: Everybody does know each other?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 1: And is everyone friendly.
Speaker 8: Friendly?
Speaker 1: Yes? Would everyone accept a quarter of the estate.
Speaker 8: Potentially?
Speaker 6: Okay, Now, I'm not going to give you legal advice, but I'm going to tell you exactly what I would do for my mother in law.
Speaker 1: I would make the four heirs.
Speaker 6: Sign a part Now, now you're gonna also talk to an attorney behind the scenes, Kachina colorI.
Speaker 1: Is trying to get Dan mackenzie on I think. So here's what we're going to do.
Speaker 6: I would have the four airs sign a partnership agreement agreeing to take twenty five percent of whatever she leaves behind. Okay, and that they would not fight each other, and they would not fight each other for a dime more twenty five percent of net proceeds, meaning if they have to pay an income tax because of deferred earnings or whatever. Normally there's no estate tax. Okay, you don't have to worry about that, But I'm talking about other kinds of payments and expenses. Maybe an attorney. So they do an agreement outside of the estate saying, if we are what, we all agree that if we inherit something, it's going to be twenty five percent each.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay. Now, then then.
Speaker 6: They can give the name, they can give the partnership a name, or it can be an LLC.
Speaker 1: Then I would do.
Speaker 6: In Mexico, there are equivalents to what are called beneficiary deeds.
Speaker 1: So you would hire a.
Speaker 6: Very simple, just a very quick thing with an attorney to have a beneficiary deed made out from.
Speaker 1: Her to the LLC or the partnership. It's that easy.
Speaker 6: So upon her death it goes directly to the LLC where they agreed to take twenty five percent each. And you also agree to sell the house and blah blah blah, okay, and you agree on how you're going to value.
Speaker 1: The house and sell it. That's all has to be done by an attorney.
Speaker 6: So in other words, we agree upon death, we're going to this LLC is going to get the house. We're going to have it appraised, maybe three times at the expense of the estate, and we're going to throw out the upper and lower bid and take the middle whatever or estimate or appraisal however they want to do it. And then they sell it and after expenses split the proceeds. Now, so now you have a beneficiaries deed going.
Speaker 8: To the LLC.
Speaker 6: Then in America you do the same thing with each account. How many accounts does she have?
Speaker 8: I don't know for sure. She has a couple in Costa Rica, yes, and she has several in the States.
Speaker 6: Costa Rica, compl Costa Rica, and Mexico. Again, it complicates things because those countries may not have payable on death certificates. But if she only had American bank accounts, you have the house in Mexico taken care of with the LLC. Now, what you want to do is payable on death certificates with the accounts, and if there are only a few accounts, five or.
Speaker 1: Ten, you can do payable on death certificates.
Speaker 6: So here's what happens on death. It doesn't even need a probate. Everything is passed directly to the heirs, the payable on death certificates, and the beneficiary deed goes to the LLC, and they've already agreed to split it up. I mean, it's really ultimately simple. Not all attorneys will agree to it because they want to charge you more. But I've told you what I would do, and you try to find an attorney who would facilitate it unless there's a legal reason not to.
Speaker 1: There might be rules I don't know about.
Speaker 6: For example, maybe the maybe the beneficiary deed in Mexico won't allow for a transfer.
Speaker 1: Maybe I don't know. But that's what I would do, and we're going to get in it should be.
Speaker 6: We're going to get an attorney on those. So hang on three oh three seven one three A two five five. Hey waterpros dot net. If you want drinking water free of PFA's chemicals and free of chlorine, free of any nasty pharmaceuticals, it's only eleven hundred bucks at your kitchen sink.
Speaker 1: I have them in both houses. I wouldn't live without them.
Speaker 6: Bestwaterpros dot Net three O three A six y two five five five four eleven hundred bucks. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot Com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance Paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey, I'm Tom Martino, your troubleshooter eight eight eight. Heating dot Com does the deep clean for four five bucks in high efficiency replacements that they guarantee.
Speaker 1: The lowest price. You got to put them to the test. I know these guys.
Speaker 6: Three h three seven seven zero two seven seven six eighty eight Heating dot Com. Okay, So Daryl has a question about a multi country estate and we're getting Dan on after one. So Daryl, we're gonna call you back. Okay, Bro, that's the way it's going to have to work right now.
Speaker 1: But we will get you on because even though I gave you some do it yourself suggestions that I would do, I still want to run a buyer our to our state planning attorney.
Speaker 6: So we have Deputy d has some follow ups. Now, the last follow up he did. Remember it's about.
Speaker 1: Uh that dang.
Speaker 6: A nineteen eighty five dodge Ram toad okay was towed from a private apartment complex and the apartment complex did not request the toe. No one requested it, no one offered a twenty four hour notice, no one did anything legally. It was snagged and it was brought to a private lot. Here's what's weird. No one knows who did that. So it gets to a private lot, and then APT Towing towes it from a private lot.
Speaker 1: Again, we don't know if APT did it legally.
Speaker 6: I mean, obviously if it was towed there and dropped, it was illegal because the owner didn't do it. But what I mean is did APT even attempt to do what's required with a twenty four hour notice to the registration holder? And then once they got it and the registration holder found out.
Speaker 1: About it, why.
Speaker 6: Did they not offer them finance arrangements as required by law. APT wouldn't answer these questions. They hung up on us twice. APT cannot charge two grand and say pay it or else. They have to offer a financing arrangement. That's part of the new towing law. They also have to allow certain things. And we don't think they're doing anything. But there's nothing new on that one, right, No.
Speaker 1: There's nothing new in that.
Speaker 3: I did contact the PUC Press relations department. I left a voicemail for the lady and I just sent her an email and I told her this is really I humbly asked her to call right away because this is a very urgent issue. This vehicle is about to be sold. But Tom, the thing is, that's not your usual run of the mill used vehicle. This is a nineteen eighty five Dodge Ram. It's a valuable, valuable truck. How valuable between twenty and thirty thousand?
Speaker 8: Come on?
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Why now? Our call or Crystal did say they were planning to restore it. Yeah, but it's not worth in that condition? Is it worth? Is it worth that much in that condition?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 3: I don't know what condition this vehicle is and now, but the point is if when it's good condition, it sells for twenty to thirty thousand, then it's got a half significant value right.
Speaker 1: Now is a restoration project.
Speaker 3: So in any case, even if it's worth fifty bucks, the lady no I need deserves to get her car back.
Speaker 1: So, waiting for the press relations.
Speaker 6: It says you're typically on eighty five Dodge RAM one fifty half ton in good condition with average specs is fourteen three sixty seven. The highest price of an eighty five Dodge at an auction over the last three years was twenty thousand, five hundred, So that might be at be you know.
Speaker 1: Regular restoration, that's right. I mean that's after it's been restored.
Speaker 6: No, this is before it's been restored. For these prices, Yeah, these are regular. These are regular manufactured trucks, not restored.
Speaker 8: Wow.
Speaker 1: So twenty grand twenty at an auction twenty thousand, five hundred.
Speaker 6: So I can understand why if somebody buys that at an auction, they's put ten into it, that's thirty then they want to get a few grand on top of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can see why people would want to hold onto that truck. And I think that might explain why an unmarked tow truck showed up and snagged it out of the parking lot.
Speaker 1: They stole it. That's that's my that's my assessment of the situation in mine too.
Speaker 3: Now I do have some good updates though, Yeah, if go ahead, So you may recall that a couple of weeks ago, a lady called us.
Speaker 1: Because of her.
Speaker 3: Let me see here, I'm just looking for this. Do you remember the lady who called because of her? Her name was Raylen, and her buick was at the dealership and the part that it needed was a transmission computer basically TCM, and.
Speaker 6: It was on a very long back twenty twenty one Envision and it was that AutoNation.
Speaker 1: And they kept giving her a loaner car.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and she was afraid that that would run out that benefit and then she'd have to start paying for the loaner.
Speaker 1: And then she was also afraid she was never going to get the part.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the lady, the lady definitely needed help. She you know, she has some acknowledged she acknowledged on the air. I believe that she has some anxiety.
Speaker 1: And medical treatment.
Speaker 3: She needed a so and so she had a very difficult time dealing with it, and she was afraid that she was going to run out of the loaner, and at one point the dealer's credit card did run out of or their credit ran out at the rental company. Anyway, long story short, yesterday I had a great conversation with AutoNation Buick GMC West. It's all the way over there in West Colfax, kind of like where Lakewood becomes Golden, And I spoke with a very well informed gentleman in the same they have the car, they have the car, they stand ready to repair it under a Buick's warranty. And he said that just before it sounds like maybe a day or so before I called AutoNation Buick, they got a notification from GM saying, Hey, the part is going to be shipped.
Speaker 1: It's going to be available.
Speaker 3: It's going to be shipped in early February, which, as you know, is coming right up. So the gentleman at AutoNation assured me that I can tell Raylen that not only will the part be here, they're going to install it, they're going to fix her car, and they're going to continue to pay for her rental car until her car is fixed and ready to go. And I called Raylen told her the story. She was very leave she you know, she bursts into tears, kind of tears of you know, half I suppose. And so so I thought that was a really good resolution. And yeah, that's wonderful. Very impressed with how Automation b at GMC is handling this deal. He did explain to me that the dealership itself is paying for the rental car and has been paying for it. They hope to get reimbursed by GM, but still, what a you know, it's it's very nice of them to take care of it.
Speaker 1: It's totally nice. It's wonderful.
Speaker 6: So that's that's the update on all right you three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five Jordaniano, back to that question, I'm getting a text Tom. You asked about what would a typical rate of return? How much did it make over the past three years? Now, again, I want to make a few things clear. The rates of return, Jordan, This is something I want to ask before you tell me. Then you say, each one is different depending on their anniversary date, depending on how much they invested, depending on blah blah blah. But what I want to know is this, Well, yeah, so when you have an annuity, though, what good and I mean this sincerely, what good is the rate of return?
Speaker 11: Do you?
Speaker 1: What I mean is this?
Speaker 6: Let me ask that a better way if you get a higher rate of return during its life or a lower return. Let's say you pick a five year waiting period or a ten year waiting period or a thirty year whatever, whatever the investor wants, or they're going to do it instantly. But the income is decided on the day of conversion to income right, not before correct.
Speaker 9: So to your point, there's you give them.
Speaker 1: An you give them an estimate.
Speaker 6: You give them an estimate when they buy the annuity, so they put one hundred and fifty or two hundred grand in, you give them an estimate.
Speaker 1: But what actually determines the actual income?
Speaker 9: Yeah, so there's two counts. There's one that's tied to the market to your point, and that's the estimate side. It just uses the history and kind of gives an idea of what he could be like. And then there's been guaranteed side, which steps up you're a four and a half five percent on how old they are, and it steps up a half percent every every five years on the lifeline. So seventy seventy five.
Speaker 1: So the point is this, which one do they get? Which one do they get the two?
Speaker 5: Whichever is higher the two.
Speaker 9: What if they turn the money.
Speaker 6: So whichever is higher at the time they turn it into income is to new it tize that that amount you got it?
Speaker 1: Okay, we got more coming up.
Speaker 6: Now I'm going to ask what are some typical returns you've guys have been seeing? Right after this, go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're contents. Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three o three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Hey, I'm Tom Martine. You're troubleshooter three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. So what's going on?
Speaker 6: How can we help you? We got a lot to talk about and on the annuity Jordan, I want to I want to ask again. Here's the way it works. You put a lump sum or you bank payments into an annuity. You get a guaranteed return. You get two accounts. One is a guarantee growth at a conservative rate, and then you have.
Speaker 1: An S and P.
Speaker 6: Well, you know, a margin account. It doesn't excuse me, a benchmark account. It doesn't under an indexed account, and it goes according to certain things in the stock market, but it is not trading stocks. It just is an index and this index fund guarantees that return and then you get the higher of the two at the time you annuitize it and turn it into income.
Speaker 1: But what we want to know is what has been the bigger of the two accounts, Let's say, in the last three years, if you can pick one and tell.
Speaker 9: Us, yeah, so really looking at three years having either side and that kind of ran some examples here too, if we want to talk about real numbers, But looking at this, you're going to have really about fourteen to sixteen seventy percent on the market index side based off of the last three years, you know, and this is again history.
Speaker 1: Then really really yeah, okays, the guarantee side, so it's about.
Speaker 6: It's about it's about half of the S and P, which is okay, And that's for someone older who wants less risk. Of course, because the S and P hasn't always been doing this great, it could be lower, all right, So then.
Speaker 1: That's good to know. And then the guarantees were what about six and.
Speaker 9: A half, So look at that dollar amount. The guarantees put you up to about twenty two percent, about twenty two and a half, you know. So they give you the guaranteed on this example, which would be higher.
Speaker 6: Wait wait wait wait, wait, wait wait wait, but they don't add them together.
Speaker 9: I say that again.
Speaker 1: Sorry, you don't add the guarantee along with the index part, do you.
Speaker 9: No, So there are two accounts. The index side is going to go truly off the S and P five hundred, that's the one that's crea on that fourteen to sixteen percent. The guaranteed side also starts with the same dollar amount that you start with in the beginning, and it just ratches up guarantee every single year, no matter what.
Speaker 5: Nothing to do with the market, right, And so that's right, okay, got it.
Speaker 1: They give you then at the end.
Speaker 6: At the end, when you're going to a new ad tize it. It's it turns into income based on the higher amount.
Speaker 9: Correct whicheveryone wins the race. That's sort of look at.
Speaker 1: It, Okay, well that's pretty cool. That's pretty cool.
Speaker 6: So I mean, and again what I want to tell people again, you know, the stock market goes up, but it also goes down. Lately, we've been all spoiled because all things have been doing is going up, up, up, up up. And you do not participate one hundred percent. I do not believe with an annuity in the market. But you also have the guaranteed never to lose. But so in the last three years that it's been returning a damn good amount. But some might say, well, that's not what the S and P did. But I want to say a couple of things about the S and P. And I always talk to people about this, and Jordan, you probably realized this. People talk all day long about the S and P. But you know, I probably never met an investor who simply lets something sit in an S and P five hundred indexed account or or an EFT exchange or an e ETF I mean exchange traded fun. So while people talk about the the S and P five hundred all day long, and people very seldom get that return in their personal investments.
Speaker 1: Very seldom. You agreed, I agree.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you got to be able to did versify and have a little bit of that change.
Speaker 8: And you're right.
Speaker 9: Sometimes people get the timing wrong or timing right, so it just depends.
Speaker 1: Okay, we got to take a break on, Tom Martine.
Speaker 6: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 11: News.
Speaker 1: Running's just as fast as you can. Shooter's gonna help coming man.
Speaker 4: This is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martine.
Speaker 7: Welcome, Welcome, my friends to the only show of it's kind. We're here to solve problems, answer questions, take complaints.
Speaker 1: You guys understand the show by now.
Speaker 7: We're here to make your life just a little bit better you've been ripped off or taken advantage of. The phone number is simple, In fact, it's so simple you probably already know it. But it's three oh three Martino. As you know, that number works on and off the air. You can also email us at any time. It help at troubleshooter dot com.
Speaker 6: What's going on, Tommy, Yeah, but I'm I'm dealing with crap off the air. But hey, when we let me just change that picture here for those streaming, I'm sorry guys.
Speaker 1: Anyway, So let's talk about this Mark.
Speaker 6: As far as a question for Jordan, we have somebody on the line who has a question. So go ahead, let's find out what it's about. Become the banker, Sam, go ahead, Yeah.
Speaker 16: Question, when it comes time to retire, are we stuck with this company on whatever however rate they use to annuitize for our life or can we do a tax free change to a different insurance company where we might get a better lifetime annuity, you know, in terms of it?
Speaker 10: Well, how long?
Speaker 6: Okay, Okay, hold on, hold on, that's all on the math. Let me explain, and maybe Jordan will chime in, or Joe Cannell. Here's the deal. When you grow an annuity with these guys, or with anyone, you will get the hire of whatever account has been indexed to your benefit, and that will be annuitized when you want to turn it into income.
Speaker 1: If you choose not to annuitize it and.
Speaker 6: You want to take that lump sum and go somewhere else, you could theoretically do that. They can't keep your money, but you can't turn it into income and do it. You have to do it before you turn it into income. But I'm going to let them chime in on this. I do not believe, and I might be wrong. I do not believe that could be mathematically advantageous to you.
Speaker 1: But maybe it could be. Maybe people have done it with them.
Speaker 6: I don't know, guys that people come to you with an existing annuity that you cashed out and put in another one.
Speaker 1: I mean, talk about he has a good question. Who wants to take this?
Speaker 8: I take it to me, you know, real quickly.
Speaker 15: I'm out of town, not any a financial seminar right now, but I'm gonna break and I want to cover that with you, and also some of.
Speaker 8: The previous questions.
Speaker 15: If you have time that you ask Jordan, But it would not be through a persa's advantage to transfer an existing annuity that is already ready to pay an income stream and change it to a new one, because see, the annuity can have a cost of living increase on the income stream if the client wants it, so they don't have to be stuck with the same payment for the rest of their lives. They can get just like Deputy Duck. You know, your deputy has an annuity that he gets a percentage increase based on the cost of living index every single year and his tickle pink about it. So there's a lot of potential. I think clients need to be educated about how the annuity really truly works and how it compares to a risky, non guaranteed investment in the stock market that has no guarantees.
Speaker 1: Does that make sense?
Speaker 6: Here's the butt, Yeah, of course. What other previous questions you do want to address.
Speaker 15: Well, you were talking to Jordan about what the SMP has done.
Speaker 8: Over the last three or four years.
Speaker 15: Okay, you see the s MP as an index, right, and you know, and you explained that quite well. Just like any any financial advisor the sells mutual funds or stocks or bonds, you know, they don't have a crystal ball as to what the SMP or any investment. I don't care who you are. If you're an investor, you have asked your ask your financial plattern. Can you guarantee me that I never lose my money? What do you think they're going to say, tom as if a douciary, what would you say to that?
Speaker 5: Can you guarantee people, well, they're not going to.
Speaker 14: Lose their money?
Speaker 1: Of course not, of course not.
Speaker 10: Well.
Speaker 15: The annuity, on the other hand, guarantees that people will not lose their principle or their gains. So we're talking about two different strategies. Somebody wants really and don't want to lose their money potentially, then they should go with a broker or a financial advice to stalk some Well.
Speaker 1: Joe, Joe, listen, I agree, I agree with you. I agree with you.
Speaker 6: But there's also a time to manage your risk and to make smart investments as well. Certainly, I don't think a fix indextinuity is for everyone at every stage of their life.
Speaker 15: You know, some people get it young and they actually even we have we have clients with that buy annuities for their grand children.
Speaker 6: Well that's wonderful. Okay, so a lot of people buy things. A lot of people buy things. But Joe, if you're asking me, do I believe annuities is for everyone at every stage in their life?
Speaker 1: My answer is hell, no, it's not. Okay.
Speaker 6: You may think differently, that's fine, we can disagree. You're a good man, you have your reasons, but I am telling you that to suggest that one investment is good for everyone at every stage in their life, in my opinion, doesn't hold water.
Speaker 15: I'm not saying that doom. I'm saying that the stock market, that's true.
Speaker 1: Not for everyone either, That's exactly right.
Speaker 8: But so that's what the client want.
Speaker 6: One of the black one of the black marks, one of the black marks in the stock market. And listen, I want to make this very clear. The reason I can talk to Joe like this is because I know Joe is a good man. I endorse him for a reason, and I know what he's done for people. I mean, I don't want you to mistake this is some kind of disagreement is these are we're discussing philosophies. Sure, but I know one of the big black marks in the stock market are all of these people who turn and churn people's accounts, or these brokerage houses, or these people that get these unsuspected investors and slam the hell out of them.
Speaker 1: And you're absolutely right. They have major gains in major losses.
Speaker 6: The problem is to make up a loss takes twice as long and get a gain, so they.
Speaker 1: End up in the negative. And I said this even though the S and P. Five hundred does you.
Speaker 6: Can look at it the last five years, for God's sakes, the compound of returns are near fifty eight percent. But I don't know one person, not one who's made fifty eight percent over the last five years. Because no one takes advantage of solid investments. Everyone wants to get rich quick. They end up losing money.
Speaker 1: So you're right, I would say.
Speaker 6: Ninety eight percent of the time these jerks in the stock market end up losing. And having a smart place dinnuity even for someone younger, could be wiser, but it's not wiser because of the product as much as it is wiser because of the other stupid decisions they make.
Speaker 1: That's the point I'm making, and you're right.
Speaker 15: And it's also wiser to choose the right financial planner, one who's at they call educate it and with experienced them. In our firm, we got, of course, years of financial planning experience, so we represented the stock market before I had all my licenses.
Speaker 8: I was a stalk broker.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 8: I couldn't.
Speaker 1: I could get it. I couldn't.
Speaker 15: I couldn't bear the pain on people's eyes and faces when they take to retire and they didn't have the money that they were hoping to have. Yet, an annuity is guaranteed not to lose the principle that you put in or the games, and they're going to get in.
Speaker 8: I get that.
Speaker 15: Indeed, inca for lifetom. So we're talking about night day.
Speaker 6: But because here's the problem, because there are a lot of idiots out there who call themselves financial advisors that in my opinion and again and again, I have a vested interest here. Everyone knows Joe that I started Wave Wealth Management, and I'm not trying to compete with you at all because I tell people, go call Joe, you need an annuity.
Speaker 1: I tell them, and I have no problem with that.
Speaker 6: But what I'm saying is this, to suggest an annuity is a product, a preferred product because everyone or most everyone advising them in the stock market are idiots, does not make the stock market the idiot. It doesn't make the investor the idiot. It makes the financial advisor an idiot because they're charging for assets under management and they don't give a goddamn what happens to the returns, And that's the problem. They churn and move people or they don't even know their investor. Joe and Jordan get to know everyone and then they make suggestions based on their individual circumstances. We're both in agreement, Joe. I'm simply saying that when you say you believe a fixed indestinuity can benefit everyone, the reason is because there are a bunch of idiots out there advising those people.
Speaker 15: That's why, Well, you know, Tom, There's only one thing I want to say, and that is, you know, if you really have come face to face with a client and ask them one simple question, how much money can you afford to lose? What do you think that they will say? Can they say I Joe one hundred thousand or two hundred thousand. Okay, be my gifts go with the stock market, but if.
Speaker 1: They cannot loose a single parent, you're assuming.
Speaker 6: You're assuming every time someone goes with a stock market, they're taking major risks with major losses.
Speaker 1: And I am telling you that doesn't have to happen.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: No one can guarantee a return ever, but you can guarantee that you're not going to be churning people. That those are the ones that get hurt. If someone truly went by.
Speaker 6: Themselves into an S and P five hundred exchange traded fund and ETF, they would truly get the return that the S and P did. They would truly get it. I mean, it wouldn't be it wouldn't be a joke. It would actually happen. But no one does it. That's the problem.
Speaker 1: No one does it.
Speaker 6: So to suggest that they should buy an annuity because everyone else is an idiot doesn't hold water. Because I am saying that there is a time to have an annuity, but it's not every time. I'm sorry, Okay, I don't think it's every time. I think it's much of the time, but.
Speaker 1: Not every time.
Speaker 6: Because I have faith that there are people who can do investing the right way.
Speaker 1: That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 6: And I think you're talking about the stock market in a way that you should be talking about the people who invest their money and lose them tons of money.
Speaker 1: Again, I want to.
Speaker 6: Make it very clear, Joe wouldn't be on the show if I didn't believe in fixed indextinuities.
Speaker 1: And I think there's a time and place for it. I do truly believe that we have more coming up.
Speaker 6: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up, free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, you're a troubleshooter. Three o three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the show.
Speaker 6: Here to help you solve problems, answer questions, and take complaints and make your life just.
Speaker 1: A little easier.
Speaker 6: So let's talk about some of the uh things in the news that we should be talking about.
Speaker 1: Some stuff going on. And here's the thing. A lot of people say that they don't see inflation coming down anytime soon.
Speaker 6: And this is going to be one of the biggest challenges of the presidency. Again not political. They just don't think. Now, I don't know what's happening, but that is the bottom line with concerns.
Speaker 1: I have hope.
Speaker 6: Who knows, I think so far, it's too soon to tell. Now this is really important. Dan Caplis loves talking about legalization of marijuana and house destroying our nation and our state.
Speaker 1: And he's right. I mean, I don't know if it's destroying, but I will tell you this.
Speaker 6: There has the largest ever study done on cannabis and brain function, by the way, done right here, part of it right here in Colorado by UCEE Health and it was published in JAMA the Journal of American Medicine or something like that.
Speaker 1: Now listen to this.
Speaker 6: They found that regular use of cannabis products of any kind the largest study of its kind ever by using more than one thousand adults ages twenty two to thirty six years old using brain imagery. It found that sixty three percent of these people had impaired memory and impaired cognitive ability. And then it says so that was so, and also sixty eight percent, sixty eight percent of them had other problems with their brain. Now, I'm not telling you don't smoke dop. I'm not here moralizing. I'm just telling you this is a major study. By the way, you see at hand Shoots, the medical campus did this. That was they were part of it, you see, health and they did a long, long study. Think about that, a thousand young adults, thousand brain imaging, chemistry, blood everything, questionnaires and if you want to get into it, you can look it up online. In fact, you can go to news dot cun Shoots dot edu look it up. So basically, they're saying that it does have an effect on our brain function. You know, once years ago, I remember, I might have been in my fifties, late fifties, maybe early sixty. Iway, I challenged potsmokers of any age, young the younger the better to a game against me. Now, they didn't even have to be high at the time they could if they wanted to be, but to come into the studio and to have a game, several games of reactions.
Speaker 1: To me, do you know what reactionary games are?
Speaker 6: Like hot hands, press the buzzers, when you see a color, all kinds of stuff, reaction games.
Speaker 1: That's all just reaction.
Speaker 6: And it takes a cognitive ability, and then it takes a motor skill memory and well not memory, but motor skill.
Speaker 1: What do they call eye hand coordination?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 1: Okay, so I had some young whipper snappers, Mark, do you remember this at all? I I don't remember that.
Speaker 6: Okay, we had some young Oh we had another one that was funny. Well, we had some young whipper snappers come in and I beat the hell out of them. Every single time. The kids in their twenties thought, oh, then this old guy bam bam, bam bam. They couldn't even come close to me. Now, I won't even talk about thumb wrestling because that's not hand eye coordination.
Speaker 1: That's just I'm an expert.
Speaker 6: But in any case, we did hot hands, and we did other kinds of buzzer games and computer stuff, and they couldn't come close. Now was it because the pot they all identified themselves of heavy pot smokers, so I don't know.
Speaker 1: It was a fun thing we did.
Speaker 6: Then we did another one one time because I was so sick and tired of people saying, you go to a doctor certain doctors, And I don't want to make fun of people, because again I don't like making fun of people's.
Speaker 1: Beliefs and philosophies.
Speaker 6: But if you heard of where they hold They have vitamins in a vial and you hold it in your hand and they do the muscle testing, so they push down on your arms. Now obviously they ah, God, it's to me, it's like the Wigi board. You can make that Wigi board go anywhere you want with a bunch of friends, and it seems like it's vibrating on its own.
Speaker 1: Here's the bottom line.
Speaker 6: The same with a pendulum on a string, whether it goes back and forth or in a circle, you are doing that psychologically on your own.
Speaker 1: You don't think you are, but you are.
Speaker 8: Well.
Speaker 6: I believe the same thing with these You hold the vitem into your hand and they do a muscle test, and the one that's supposed to be good for you you'll be strong, and the one that's bad for you you don't need, you'll be weak, and then the one that you don't need probably won't do much. So I one time challenge somebody to this check. I said, I want you to do it in the studio. I want you to do it with people in the studio, and I want you to see if you can do it consistently with the same people in the same studio, including yourself.
Speaker 1: Only one thing I don't want you to know. I want to be the.
Speaker 6: Only one who knows what's in the vials, because when a do they call that applied tenesiology or whatever they call this, I don't know what they call muscle testing. So whenever they would take something that was bad, like tobacco in a tin little tin screw on those little film vials or whatever, I don't know, I call them film. They're supposed to be a little you know, something that holds the substance. So it's either vitamin C, B E. It could be cannabis, it could be tobacco, it could be anything. It could be mercury, it could be and then you hold it and you do a certain muscle test. It is my belief that the practitioner doing this test psychologically will press harder or softer, depending on what the substance is. So if there's tobacco in a vial, they know tobacco's bad for you, so they're going to press a little harder.
Speaker 1: And you're going to be weaker.
Speaker 6: Now they say, oh, that doesn't happen, and I said, okay, then prove it. I will get vials filled with stuff and I'll only know what's in them.
Speaker 1: They wouldn't do it. They wouldn't do it.
Speaker 6: They ah, no, no, And I said, well, what do you mean if if you take six vials or ten vials and muscle test someone, you're telling me it's the substance in the vial that makes them stronger or weaker. It's not your knowledge of those And he says, well, there's a spiritual connection as well, and I said, yeah, right, horse crap. So here's my challenge. Anybody who believes they can muscle test someone for a substance, You're welcome to come to my studio, and I swear to God, I'll give you the biggest praise and cheers in the world.
Speaker 1: If you can do it.
Speaker 6: But you can't know what's in the vials, because objectively, if someone truly is weakened by a substance. They would be weakened by a substance, whether you know what it is or not. And if they're strengthened by a substance, they would be strengthened, whether you know what it is or not.
Speaker 1: So anyone who does this, you're free to come into my home or to my studio, and I want to see it.
Speaker 6: Will take subjects and substances and see what happens. No one can do it, Sorry, it won't happen. So three O three seven one three talk seven to one, three eight eight two.
Speaker 1: Five to five.
Speaker 6: Now, Tom, going back to that caller of the casino, if they kicked him out of the casino, it doesn't mean even though they can legally do it, that is good business. And I know winning could result in me being trespassed from there or yeah, whatever they're trying to say, that comes from an earlier caller. If you are too good at what you do at a casino, they don't have to have a reason to kick you out.
Speaker 1: They often do make up a reason. You know, you're a what do they call it, advanced player, advantage player?
Speaker 6: Advantage player, meaning you're counting cards or you're looking for things telltale signs edge. You look at the edges of cards, you can read them, you can memorize them. Whatever they say, that's not gambling. So in that regard, you can be kicked out of a casino for any reason at any time. And this texture says that might be legal, but it's stick supid now it says here, Uh, what's that? Oh, I'll take the break right now then. I'm Tom Martinez. We have more coming up. We have Joe and Jordan Piano my Moneymway dot com. They're going to have an event coming up soon to talk about retirement options, and we'll talk about that and more right after this. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi, Tom Martino, you're a troubleshooter. Three zero three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Dan Mackenzie attorney at Law Mackenzie Law. He does estate planning. I love picking his brain about things. I'm gonna go back to this call we had. Even if we can't get the caller on, but if we can, that's even better. So, Kachina, are you attempting to caller on? I can start summarizing the problem.
Speaker 1: We have Dan Mackenzie on, and also Darryl who was the call Thank you very much. Yes, hey Darryl, allow me to summarize this, Hey Dan, Dan, Yeah, okay, Hi listen.
Speaker 6: So we have a woman who lives in Mexico. Hey, Daryl, is she an American? Is she an American citizen or a Mexican citizen. She has dual citizens dual citizenship, and she lives in Mexico, and she has a house that's paid for five hundred thousand dollars about and she has about two million dollars in bank accounts, mostly in the US, and a couple in Mexico and a couple in Costa Rica.
Speaker 1: That's her situation.
Speaker 6: A couple million in bank accounts spread across three countries and a house in Mexico worth about five hundred paid off. She's got four heirs that she plans on distributing twenty five percent each. I want to know the easiest way to do this, Dan, What I said was maybe, and again I'm just taking an amateuristic stab at this. Maybe they form an LLC first of all among the four, saying that they would agree to split everything twenty five percent that's sent to the LLC. And then maybe she does a form of a fisheries deed for the Mexican home and payable on death certificates for the bank accounts. But I don't even know if that's possible cross country lines.
Speaker 1: So can you weigh in on this?
Speaker 17: Yeah?
Speaker 18: I mean it's whatever whatever is done with the property in Mexico or wherever else other items are is going to be done according to their laws. Even within the United States, you know. I you know, Colorado court can't direct where like Kansas property goes, so you have to do something to put them in some sort of entity. So the LLC idea is an interesting one. I take it that the four do get along with each other. On the same page about all this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they he says, they probably will.
Speaker 10: Yes, Okay, I don't know.
Speaker 18: I mean, I know, you know, obviously Mexico has its own rules that I think that I've heard that they require some sort of like free registration of how you want would want property distributed if you passed away, like when you own real estate there. But that is really secondhand and that knowledge is a little bit out of date, so I don't really know if that's true or not, but it's now.
Speaker 6: But let me ask you something, though, Would you need a would you need an attorney, like let's say, bank accounts in Costa Rica.
Speaker 1: I mean, we don't even know what they would need.
Speaker 18: Right right, Yeah, it'd be good if she could, if she I mean, certainly for banks, it seems like it should be possible to talk to somebody and get an explanation that what they would need. Real estate is a little bit trickier, So I really would urge her to consult with an attorney in Mexico familiar with their laws. But I think you might be on the right track.
Speaker 1: That is not a bad idea.
Speaker 18: But when you got to spread out all of the place to kind of centralize them into one spot. I don't know if it's Hell Mexico has an LLC or if that would be done here or not. It seems like she lives there, she's got property there. It seems like the planning should originate there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so they should get an attorney there then, Yeah.
Speaker 18: I would definitely, I would definitely recommend that.
Speaker 6: And the can that attorney then reach into the United States for payable on death certificates or what?
Speaker 18: Yes, I mean that is also going to depend on, Like with a payable on death the institution that you know has that, they probably have some sort of agreement that you're signing by directing those items to wherever you're directing it to, you just want to make sure that they are.
Speaker 1: Hey, I have an idea special procedures, Darryl, Yes, sir, what about how old is she now?
Speaker 11: A agree?
Speaker 1: Is she in good health? Is she in good health?
Speaker 8: Good health?
Speaker 11: Yes?
Speaker 6: Yeah, she might And Dan, this might be a silly idea, but maybe she might want to consolidate her bank accounts all into the US. Maybe that would allow a payable on death certificate paid out on her death even though she's well, No, she's an American citizen. I mean, then you don't have to worry about the Costa Rica thing and the Mexican thing. All you'd have to contend with is the house.
Speaker 1: Couldn't all the taxes wait wait wait wait wait.
Speaker 7: Couldn't all the tax ramifications be completely different?
Speaker 1: Where they inherit this money? Yes, I guess they could be, Mark, I guess they could be.
Speaker 6: I but we know, Mark, that that the United States has beneficial the most beneficial laws.
Speaker 1: There is no tax on two million dollars.
Speaker 6: So let's say that she consolidates all her accounts into a couple of US accounts.
Speaker 1: What can do better than zero taxes? Well, I don't know, because I don't know the laws in other countries, but I know there.
Speaker 6: Is But even but what I'm saying, Mark, even if they're the same, no one's going to do better than zero taxes.
Speaker 1: The government's not going to do anything better. But I'm saying in Mexico, I don't know the answer to this.
Speaker 7: In Mexico, if I leave my kid a half a million dollar house, is that it they owe no taxes?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 6: I don't know about the house I was talking about doing. Doing the bank accounts in the US with payable on death certificates. They're out of the way now now you worry about the house. I don't know, Dan, I mean, why would they have to keep them in Mexico and Costa Rica and and gum up the works.
Speaker 18: What do you think, I mean, if she's in good health and she can consolidate things, I don't know what the You know that maybe there's some reason that she's got the money in the in the Costa Rica accounts, but uh, consolidation is always helpful, even with them.
Speaker 6: And then another thing, do you know there's joint ownership with right of survivorship that uh, they could do a deed right now in Mexico with the LLC, and the LLC would automatically inherit it. They they recognize this as joint ownership right of survivorship in Mexico.
Speaker 1: Interesting and yup. And then they said also.
Speaker 6: They recognize normal wills as well, that a simple will drafted leaving the house to American citizens would be honored.
Speaker 18: Yeah, it's interesting because like here you can't really you can't jointly hold something with an enmity because joint ownership is about what happens.
Speaker 6: Oh, I didn't No, no, No, that was me that they just said joint ownership with right of survivorship. In some cases, property can be held jointly with the ownership of two parties. Now, now I just threw that in the LC, Sir, I did not read that. Okay, it could be that it has to be an individual. So what would your first step be for them if they came to see you or called you? What would the first step be?
Speaker 18: I mean I would when I have out of country assets that I'm dealing with, I often do try and sign someone in that country. The United States has treaties with a bunch of different countries on how they're going to handle transfers and what's possible with regard to estate planned documents. And I don't really know. I'd have to think through this one a little bit because it sounds like there's a few different, few different countries involved.
Speaker 1: Actually, so yeah, but Darryl.
Speaker 6: I don't think you'd ever have a problem unless there's a reason she is in Costa Rica or something. But I think the first step is to simplify things and get as much into the US and cash as possible in a bank account, because payble on death certificates are honored by everyone.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's that whole Costa Rica thing that makes you start thinking, yeah, yeah, like why In other words, Daryl, do you know why she had money there?
Speaker 17: The accounts in Costa Rica or CBS, they've got another three years to mature. And then my wife was heard is a beneficiary on those those accounts.
Speaker 6: Well, okay, then that's not going to go to the estate if it keeps that eye or you wait for two years and transfer it out to the United States, looks at it again, you're gonna have to see an attorney. I would start with Dan McKenzie eight three three co plans eight three three co plans or co plans dot co.
Speaker 1: We got more coming right up.