Speaker 1: Yea, thank you number.
Speaker 2: You're twenty twenty four election your headquarters.
Speaker 3: Wow, she's got a lot of accents.
Speaker 1: Fifty five krs he talkstas run, I was born to be to die. He'll fight right, don't thrown.
Speaker 2: Fifty five krcy talks station. Sure my listeners are familiar with this tune. Happens to be, uh well, number one all across the charts in America. Welcome to the fifty five krs Morning Show. Singer, songwriter, scriptwriter, film director John Con who happens to be the Minister of Culture at Breitbart Breitbart dot com book market. Folks should be glad you did. It's time for the inside scoop, as we do every week at this time with one of the representatives from Breitbart Today. Singer songwriter John Conn joins the program to talk about and congratulations on number one, the fight the Fighter song that you wrote. Welcome to the morning Show.
Speaker 1: It's a pleasure, Thank you, Brian, appreciate you having me on.
Speaker 2: Now you're you're used to hearing your own voice and hearing your songs. I remember when I first started on radio, it was kind of weird to get used to the idea of hearing your own voice, and after a little while this doesn't register anymore. But having a number one song in America, that's quite an accomplishment. Is it a different are you? Does it have a different feel to it with this the Successive Fighter?
Speaker 1: One hundred percent?
Speaker 3: I mean, And you know, for me, I never get used to hearing my own voice, and even when you just played it in the intro, it's like.
Speaker 1: Is that mean? But it's it's uh.
Speaker 3: You know, anytime you write a song, Brian, you hope it reaches you know a handful of people and hopefully it'll move a few. And that's a gift in and of itself.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: For this song to do what it's done and reach so many people is almost beyond my comprehension.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean considering you know, I don't want to say the talent that you beat out, but you know, big big names and the music industry and you know, little old John con seemingly out of nowhere.
Speaker 1: You've been around for a long time.
Speaker 2: I know you met Andrew Breitbart back in two thousand and eight and you went on tea party tours with him, and after he passed aways when you joined Breitbart, and it actually came out because you used to you used to kind of use a fake name. My understanding in your early days.
Speaker 3: Well, my entrance into the media political world was pretty pretty unusual. I had met Andrew at a conservative speakeasy, I guess you could say in Los Angeles, which was it was a group called Friends of Abe and it was it was designed for anybody in the entertainment business, whether it be you, film writers, directors, actors, musicians, to have a fellowship in a safe place to talk about their views. This is I think in two thousand and eight, and it was just a place where, you know, you could talk about it without the fear of losing work. And I made a joke or something, and guy comes up to me. He's got a McCain hat on, holding the laptop, and he says, I'm starting this new site. I want you to write the court and I said, not under my real name. I can't and he said, well, that's all right. And I began a comedic column and out of that column came a song called American Heart. And then Andrews said to me, Hey, do you want to play your song at a tea party?
Speaker 1: Was right at the very beginning of the movement. I said, what's the tea party?
Speaker 3: He goes, I don't know, And so that was, like I mean, it was the very first one. And then he and I began't you know, just sort of toured the country.
Speaker 1: He would speak, I would play.
Speaker 3: And then shortly after that I kind of came out of the conservative closet. And the rest is a little bit of history. I joined Bridbart when he passed away. He was a dear friend of mine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and what a great man and what a legacy he has left. And I as the host of the morning show, I regularly, and I pointed out all the time rely on a lot of the news I find on Breitbart, because well, you're not going to find it. And he's so called legacy or mainstream media. You report on topics that they really wish nobody would report on. But you're you're the minister of culture. There can you just what if you could explain that role?
Speaker 3: Well, you know, I came from as you mentioned, I came from the film world, and I came from the music world. And when Andrew passed away, Larry sold off the current CEO, and Steve Vannon at the time said, you know, Andrew always wanted you to be part of the company, but didn't know how to fit me in. You know, because of my background, they knew, they knew it made sense somehow because I was I was so part of what everything, what everybody was doing at that time, and and and the title was given to me, and it was pretty vague, and I just started helping out. And here I am twelve thirteen years later.
Speaker 2: And obviously spreading the word through the song fighter number one song on Billboard Digital Sales, what else a Billboard Top five. I mean, it just blew up and you had, I mean, Greg Guttfeld, I tweeted the song out about it. You featured it on the program. Were you actually on Gutfill's program with this?
Speaker 1: I wasn't.
Speaker 3: I did a couple of Fox hits. I did Trace Gallagher's show last week. The song was featured on Fox and Friends on Sunday, and yesterday I did a segment with Martha McCallum. But I think I think the pinnacle for me so far was hearing it played at the Butler Rally yea, and watching the video and that was sort of I mean, that was a goosebump moment for me.
Speaker 2: Oh I imagine now I got to ask you this because you know, practically speaking, if you have a number one song, presumably there might be some sort of remuneration, might get some compensation for that. Is that the case with with Fighter? Are you able to make any money off of it, whether or not you donate the proceeds or anything else. I'm just wondering if it's if it's lucrative at all, you.
Speaker 3: Know, I don't know the for songwriters. I mean, that's why they're always on Capitol Hill. Yes, with streaming and all that, they don't make, you know, a ton of money on songungs. I'm actually not focused on that because it really was something that came from a place of wanting to show a side of President Trump that the mainstream media wasn't showing. And so I'm really just focused on November and hopefully getting a song out there and shared because I think it it could be helpful in confirming the fact that there's so many people that are looking at this gaslighting machine that we're facing.
Speaker 1: Yes and thinking that's not who he is, that's not my guy.
Speaker 3: And then hopefully, you know, if a few people see this. The video that accompanies the song they think, Man, I'm not alone. That's my guy. And so that's sort of what I'm focused on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I'm sure you've observed, as I mean, you can't if you're paying attention to politics, John, that this evil orange man, it's baked in the cake. You've got a Pavlovian response from such a sizable chunk of the population. If his name is mentioned, they go crazy, you know, aside, you know the litany. And as we drive around town, you know, I'll see a lot of Harris Wall signs, not that many Trump signs. And I think part of it is it's not that there aren't Trump supporters out there, It's just that this, this Pavlovian response is inevitable. And so why put my you know why I put Trump's name in my front yard. I'm voting for the man, but I just don't want to, you know, get deal with the slings and arrows of outrage that the left keeps throwing at people. I mean, do you get a reception of that? It's like the silent majority we used to talk about back in the day.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, I mean I'm from im I live in LA. Yeah, if you mentioned if you mentioned the name Trump. You get, you get exactly what you're talking about. But I'll tell you it's interesting. When I put this song out, you know, I did lose a couple of friends when they saw it, who who actually knew where I worked prior to releasing the song. But when the song started to get attention, that was a bridge too far for them. But what was interesting is I did get a lot of private messages from people in la that I never.
Speaker 1: Thought would be on our side of the political.
Speaker 3: Football and saying, hey, listen, I'm not at a place right now where I can discuss it again going back to working in Hollywood and being a Trump supporter, but they said I'm with you and thanks for writing the song. And when you get those notes, it does a lot for your spirit, because you know there are those silent folks out there.
Speaker 2: No doubt about it. And I guess you were you wrote it for Donald Trump. I mean the lyrics are great lyrics and I particularly I particularly like that. So take your shot. Is that all you got? But you obviously were thinking of Donald Trump and writing this sort of as as an ode to him.
Speaker 3: Well, it was actually a lot of people think the song was written in response to theation attempt, when in fact it was written before and it was just a response to I think everything we have witnessed that's been thrown at Donald Trump since he's elected in twenty sixteen, and you know, I was just watching it and it culminated for me after that bogus conviction of that bogus New York case. You know, the way he handled that, the way he could walk up to the microphones, you know, after that conviction, and I was just I was just watching the news and the way he sauntered up to the microphone, it just was there was something about his unflappable demeanor that you that for me, I just said, nothing can stop this man. I mean, he doesn't need to have this life. I mean what man could withstand more than he has? And that was before two assassination attempts and the debate that was three on one, and that's that was the impetus for the song. And I started to write the song, and then I realized I was going to go write with somebody in Nashville who I had never written with, a guy named Chris Wallen.
Speaker 1: It's an incredible songwriter, and.
Speaker 3: I took the idea into him and he was like, we got to do this, and so that's how the song came to be.
Speaker 2: Well, it's worthy that, you know how much Donald Trump has had to endure throughout his entire presidency, and since very few people out there in the world could could ever hope to handle that kind of thing. The pressure was just just unbelievable, from the Russian collusion, helks and the Steele dossier, all the way through these ridiculous real estate allegations where the bank even said it got all its money back, it didn't lose anything. Why am I here? Why is he being prosecuted just one thing after another? And he stands proud, and he stands tall, and that takes a man with some some spine and some backbone. So I can see how you would be inspired by him as a human being capable of dealing with these challenges.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, And you know, it's the song developed we realized it was it was not just for President Trump. It was sort of supporters in the same way that we were talking about that there are people that are the social intimidation, all those people that are.
Speaker 1: Fighting alongside them that are quiet.
Speaker 3: And the song is also for them, but even broader, you know, I think the song speaks or hope I I hope it speaks to those folks that are just dealing with their daily battles in life. You know, whether it be fighting illness, or fighting financial instability, or recovering from a hurricane, or whatever it is. You know, if the song inspires anybody to get up off the mat and keep swinging, then that's truly a gift.
Speaker 2: Well, you've done it. It's a gift for the entire United States. I appreciate your being on the Bright Bart Inside Scoop here on the Morning Show today, John conn author of a rather writer and singer A Fighter. You can find it online. Everybody else has it's number one. Congratulations, wonderful job. Keep up the great work as the Minister of Culture, John, and I'll look forward to having you back on the Morning Show someday for another Bright Bart Inside Scoop.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for having me.
Speaker 2: Waiting for the next number one hit, my friend, it's been a real pleasure. Eight seventeen at fifty five kr C the talk station.
Speaker 1: How about that?
Speaker 2: Can you imagine waking up and having a number one song in the United States? Can you imagine waking up in a home where you're really, really, really comfortable all the time.
Speaker 1: That's USA's foam.
Speaker 2: You know, I was going to say that USA and outstanding product make your home more comfortable right away. That you know, that perfect temperature feeling you get when there's no AC on, there's no heat on. It's like the perfect fall day. At least, that's what comes to my mind. It's just right. Well, it can be just right whether it's sub zero out there or ninety five degrees. When you've got USA's premium phone in the exterior walls of your under or uninsulated home. It comes in two stripes. Under you just have insufficient R value old insulation in the walls. No insulation, Well that's an older home, say mid seventies in before they didn't put anything. There's empty space there. Fill it with the highest R value phone in the market. Do your whole helme at Insulation is the key to not just that comfort, but amazing savings energy bills gone through the roof. Just got mine the other day. It's like, Kyle Lee, how high can it go? Well, if you've got insulated home, you're not going to pay as much this product pays for itself. It's the right thing to do. Your federal government, which we all know we trust every day, Well, they like it so much they're going to give you a twelve hundred dollars energy tax credit for doing your off of favor creating more comfort and saving money every month. Twelve hundred dollars right off the top. Do when you're doing your taxes next year, Just take advantage of that, and take advantage of the comfort and savings all year around three eight one three sixty two sixty five one three three eight one foam. They have financing opportunities there too. They'll make it really easy for you to get this product in the walls, and you will be glad you did. The only regret that you're gonna have is Gee, I wish I'd ha done it sooner online USA Installation, dot net, fifty five car the talk station.
Speaker 3: There are two types of pain in the world. Ordinary