Speaker 1: Podcast about how someone just tried to call me on my mobile an actual offense right when we're trying to record this. Don't call me. I'm a millennial, Like what could this possibly be about? You know? No, I don't appreciate that. No, thank you.
Speaker 2: How are you? I am? Well? There we go. I'm doing pretty good, you know, just just just living it up here.
Speaker 1: Living the dream, living in the fucking dream. That's sorry. Every day every day I'm just kicking back and thinking about how good life is.
Speaker 2: Yes, I yeah, you know, we're just just trying to do trying to stay sane here. As you know, I don't know what this is that we have here in America. I don't really know what's going on, but you know it uh uh us because like you sorry, what I just.
Speaker 1: Feel like I am really very I'm really kind of Hansole in Zoolander. It's like, do I know what I'm doing?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Do you know why I'm here? No? But I'm hearing not gonna give it my best shot. That's just kind of like what I have to keep repeating constantly at the moment. But yeah, you know, you know, for for life anyway, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Like is you know, is the government. U you know, are we gonna collapse tomorrow or are we gonna have you know, are we gonna have fucking truth and reconciliation?
Speaker 1: I gotta I gotta tell you. One of the big casualties of this entire affair has been my belief in the deep state. You know, I really would have thought that, you know, that Dick Cheney could have got it done.
Speaker 2: But I don't even know. I don't know what the deep state would do to uh two deal with this problem because we have like the Epstein thing, which is what a lot of this appears to be circling around here in America because as all of our leaders on both sides and I do want to be cleared as on both sides.
Speaker 1: Yeah, are.
Speaker 2: Perverted pedophilic freaks or people who cover up for them and are otherwise implicated by association of some kind. And so there's really not a thing you can do. Like this is kind of out in the open now, and people are like, wait a minute, because like people who were like, you know, people who didn't believe Trump in the first place, are like, Okay, this is a thing you can latch on, you know, this is the thing you can latch onto because like now he's like talking about it and freaking out about it in public and being like why are people still talking about this? Like you can do that, like you can now latch onto it because he's stressaand he's done the strissand effect into the stratosphere with this and uh. But but even people who supported him, like people who were like, you know, who are going to hold this stuff, are now like I don't like they like they they a lot of them do seem to be rattled by this, Like not I don't think they're going to like bring the government down tomorrow or anything, but like, I mean, yeah, this is the first like this. I think this is like the first like crisis of legitimate like internal legitimacy they've had because like they believed all this Trump stuff, and I mean, yeah, a lot of them are still gonna be like, oh, yeah, he's he's the guy whatever. He's uh rounding up Mexicans and that makes me happy because I'm a sedition. Yeah, but I mean some of them aren't, because like that is a red life to people, like and there's a difference between like everybody being like, oh yeah, Trump's on the flight logs, you could. I mean, like, even though they did it, you you could be you could convince yourself that like that was a that was a fake. Yeah, but this like but if he's really going after it, then he's not going to be doing this. He's not going to be telling the ag to to you know, to shut it down, to to tell everybody stop talking about it. Like two months after he invited all of these uh conservative influencers to the White House and like made this big deal about releasing the Epstein files to him, and all it was was just a printed out list of the flight logs with even more names redacted than what we have. And it's like, and you do that, and you release this video of his supposed suicide that like even people who don't know anything about editing video or aren't close video watchers can tell something's going on because two different rooms are used, there's like a very hard cut in between them. And of course it was confirmed like within minutes of that being released that it was heavily edited in I think it was Adobe Premiere something like that of one of the Adobe products. Anyway, it's so cheap. It's just so cheap, like it is, and like when you do this. The people who were on your side but really did have this as a mental red line are going to be like wait, what, like because this isn't the action of someone or a group of people who want to get to the bottom of this. This is the action of like a guy who's been who's tired of talking about this. He's been cornered he did something wrong, and like that's that, And a lot of people are I mean, I don't you know, it seems like a decent number of people like what the fuck is this? Like you know what is going on with this stuff? Because it's it's you might be inclined to believe it's just the internet, but it's not. It's made it completely off the internet. My wife, who is normy to the core, they they love you. You couldn't both do it if we were both that terminally online.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you gotta have one person offline. It's absolutely imperative.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Or if you're both online, you gotta Like that's a real fine line to walk. I'm not saying you can't, but it's it's a fine anyway. She was like, you know, try this Epstein thing, Like Trump's getting it from all sides. Like I saw something on Facebook. And I'm like if they're if like, oh, if your racist aunt on Facebook is like Trump's a pedophile, Like I don't, I don't know that, like that's not the norm, and like, I mean, I don't know, because this thing is not going away, like they they very clearly want this to go away, to be a thing that they don't have to talk about anymore. And yeah, it's not like they. I mean, Trump is basically assured that it's not that it's something that people won't stop talking about. He like was doing truth social post at three am over the weekend.
Speaker 1: It's like, yeah, I think it's a really interesting thing because it shows the limits of what he can do. And I mean, I don't know what his game plan was, to be honest, because like, well, I guess he thought that he was going to have like some way of redacting it like himself. And you know, so I don't really quite understand, like but maybe like he's just so stupid that he just hadn't really thought it through, which is entirely within the realm of possibility, I admit, I admit, you.
Speaker 2: Know, so I it seems to me that like the way that he was approaching it at first was someone who like had like you know, like you still have to do the dog and pony show for people, like we all know that he was clearly never going to release this and do like a do like a full like brief of it or anything like that, because he's in it, Like he would never like it would implicate him. Too many people would immediately just be like, yeah, I saw Trump. There, here's a picture we took, you know, all this sort of stuff, you know or whatever. And but this recent push where they're just like, I'm not like the way that they that they turned and they were like, we're not talking about anymore. We're dropping the investigation, we're not doing anything. Pam Bond, he's not talking. Our attorney general is not dealing with it. We don't care. Fuck it. I don't want to hear any more about this stuff. Is the thing you would do if you won like an eighty five percent share in the last election, and like we're writing such a political and cultural mandate that no one could oppose you, and even the people on your side who would be who would abhor this can't speak up because there there's too much. But they don't have that, like they want to low turnout election by like one and a half percent. Whatever. Their idea of woke going away clearly has not happened because people are not, you know, doing that. He's he's turned the American electorate from like generally in favor of like immigration, immigration enforcement overall, to to like it's it's now a sixty forty issue in favor of immigrants now, Like they've done that in.
Speaker 1: That's one good thing, hey.
Speaker 2: Like And I mean, obviously the American electorate is incredibly fickle and things go like that, but this is more in line with like more people, more younger people, i e. People under about like fifty or so right now who are coming into it and and you know, they're like, no, like this is insane, Like we don't like why do we have this? What are we doing? Like why are you why are you rounding up people? Like you know, like you're you're doing these videos in like posting like placards of deported individuals on the White House lawn like like you like you already like you already run the fucking like uh, like a fascist regime that's been in power for twenty years and has an ironclad grip on everything like you that those these things don't mix. They don't. I don't. I don't know if it's stupidity or his like issue, his mental deterioration that's happening with age, which he is clearly going through.
Speaker 1: Oh god, God, And I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know what. I don't know why they decided to attack it this way. But it is like if you're like me and you do not like people are like, oh, this is so embarrassing for America. What America is evil to its core as a concept as an institution. This place is thoroughly denuded of anything good as an institutional thing. How could you be embarrassed of this place? Like? This is who we are, This is who we have always been, Like a bunch of land grabbing pediasts and and and perverts in power over like an electorate that like grudgingly tolerates them sometimes and then is kind of, you know, fidgety at other times and is like you do not. This country is three hundred and fifty million people in it. I know people get tired of hearing me talk about it, but it's really fucking big, really fucking vast in terms of land and people, and really fucking integrated. It really is, and people don't believe that. But where I'm from the state of Georgia, I think it's still true that they're uh like, uh, it's like thirty three percent African American Texas. I think Texas and Mississippi are also like that as well, and like these are southern states, and yes, that is a holdover from slavery, but like it's still impact to a point. I know people in my family are very racist, and especially on my dad's side, and I don't and it is embarrassing. It's awful. I hate that that that I have family members like that or had family members like that. But none of that stuff ever worked on me. And I'm not saying that I'm smarter or better. It didn't work on me because like when I was when I was a little kid, my best friend was black, Like we went to church together, like he was my best friend. He was the best man at my wedding. Like I like, people will be like, yeah, black people suckuld be like, but my friend is cool. Like when you when you grow up around that, and that's what these freaks want to do with their homeschooling and well, yeah, sharing everything they want they want to separate white people from other people so they can re uh so they can reuh reassert this uh their class reproduce it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, because it's like it requires ignorance of other people in order to to like make these claims, which is why you know they particularly they have like these knee jerk reactions against urbanity, for example, because it's like, oh, yeah, like the minute y're around Muslims, you're.
Speaker 2: Like, what like that doesn't Oh I'm so scared of the big city.
Speaker 1: Oh no, now now I'm eating shwarma. Fuck.
Speaker 2: Yeah awful. Oh this is terrible. Yeah, oh I would never you know, Oh the cities are all are all evil, you know, they're they're all bad, and it's like you go in there and it's like, man, I don't know, Like every big city I go to is fine. I go to Atlanta fairly often, Like you know, Atlanta is a majority black city, and it's fine. It's a you know, I really like Atlanta. I understand why some people might not. But you know, when I.
Speaker 1: Went to when I went to the UH South last year for this this conference I went to, I was falling back via Raleigh and I was at the airport bar. You're going to be unsurprised to learn that. And it's funny because there was these like three kids, like who are getting shipped out to one of the military bases here, which why do we have those? But anyway, moving on.
Speaker 2: The military base on the island of England in case the population gets rested, Yeah, to attack fran Yeah.
Speaker 1: Like I don't know why that all that's happening, but okay, and like these kids were like, oh, yeah, well what do I do it? I was like, look, so here's the but you know, they were asking me kind of like basic normy questions and they were like, you know, I was kind of like you, oh, here's some things you might like to eat, and here's some places to go. You're gonna be an East Anglia. It's really pretty over there. And I was like, you know, like here's how to make friends with people as an American. Just like in the first place, you're going to have to learn to talk more quietly, and like in the second place, it's like just just like try to do uh, you know, do as the Romans, et cetera. And the guy was like, you know, I've got a question for you to like is there anywhere that isn't safe to go? And I like fully laughed in this kid's face because he was like essentially like attempting to like ask me about no go zones, and I was like, none of that's real, Like.
Speaker 2: And also like where like where It's like.
Speaker 1: I think it's a thing. It's like a Facebook meme that your racist uncle will have that there are parts of Britain that are quote unquote no go zones for white people and that they're doing Sharia law there and that like you can't go there. And I was like, yeah, none of that is Uh, you'll be surprised to learn that, like this is the safest place you were going to ever go, Like nothing ever happens here.
Speaker 2: I I uh, I can't, like I can't even begin to conceptualize in my head, like how you would do that, Like how you would how you would set up a a racially enforced no go zone against white people in an extremely white country.
Speaker 1: In like the heart of Empire, like I can.
Speaker 2: In the in the Anglosphere, in the in in England, Australia, America, Canada. M hm. Impossible, It's really in literally impossible for you to set that up like where we do not allow any white people, are you come on?
Speaker 1: Like exactly. And so it's like you just have to understand that these people when they're when they do stuff like homeschooling and things, they're they're attempting to establish no go zones. Like that's what they want to do, you know, they want to make it like a butt for other people, right, Like it's uh, it's a no go zone, but for people of color, right or you know, people with different ideas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's yeah, it's it's it's an imagined thing. Like I saw somebody talking about like how like every city in America was like like a like a burned out hellscape and it's like what I don't I don't, like I don't know where you could actually live, like what like I don't maybe like part of Nebraska or the Dakota's or something. But like in most states, if the capital city is a burned out hellscape, like you would see that, you would have like incredible, you would have population fleeing to the countryside. They would they would they would just be like, you know, moving in droves in like like if their old homesteaders or something. But like they're not because you know, and it's just like I understand that it's like a complete like detachment from society or whatever, but it's like.
Speaker 1: What a like I you have to make it like they have to tell like stories to scare themselves in order to kind of like explain their worldview. And it's it's baffling. It is genuinely baffling.
Speaker 2: And they're they're not even like they're not even convicted about this stuff, like not like not in like a not in like an ideological sense, because they're just like bouncing. It's like bouncing around to whatever, like whatever will piss off liberals, whatever will like will make people on Twitter or blue Sky or truth Social or wherever people that I don't like mad, whatever we'll do that is good. And so they just like ping around to like all these different things. And like there was a there's this woman. I don't remember her name, and if I did, I probably wouldn't say it anyway, because she's her boy her husband. No, she's cool. Her boyfriend. Her husband was killed by by in like a violent in like some kind.
Speaker 1: Of via social cu sorry.
Speaker 2: No you no, you're good. He was killed in uh by like a by a minority and like this woman, like, you know, after it happened, you know, she was like, this is terrible. I'm you know, so sorry, but you know, we don't need to. Uh, this doesn't mean that every Mexican or every black person or whatever it was, is evil. And right wingers fucking hate this woman because she does not like just continually wallow in this victimization complex and blame every single minority for like the one off instance that caused to her a personal tragedy, Like they are so mad when you like, one of the things that you can do to just freak these people out the most is have a tragic story, like especially one that was called that was caused either incidentally or on purpose by a minority, because they won't because that is like their joker super villain origin story for all of them. Uh. When I was seventeen, a homeless guy stole my bike, and uh that means all black people are evil. And it's like, yeah, man, that guy stole your bike because he doesn't have a home. He needs to go, you know.
Speaker 1: And it's like, yeah, that's you didn't lose your family, you lost a bike.
Speaker 2: That's it. That's the thing.
Speaker 1: But it's interesting because like you know, every single person of color is always a representative of like their entire grouping, whereas all white people are individuals, you know, always and forever. And that's just how this shit works, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's I don't even know. I like, I don't even know what to do with it. I don't like because on the one hand, it's like, I mean, things are bad, like there is a lot of bad shit going on. But on the other hand, like I don't this ship. I don't know, I don't know, like what you can survive. I don't know what's going on. I don't know how long the economy's gonna last. Like they're talking about like tariffs again, it's just like like okay, cool, yeah, we're like we're definitely gonna do you know, like we're definitely doing tariffs. That's a real thing. It's not like, uh, something that we're gonna pull back from immediately or you know anything. Like it's like you're trying. You're trying stuff that you would try if you were like in the middle of like a one hundred year political dynasty where you would like suppressed every opposition for us and and and everything, and and the populace was like well in favor or like ground into dust, and that's not what they have at all. Like, uh, I mean you do have a lot. You do have most of the politicians in power agreeing with this stuff, and that's bad. But like that is not that's institutional rot. That is not indicative, like you don't have that, Like I don't like it's like it's like trying to enforce fascism when the people haven't been through World War One, like and it didn't happen on their doorstep. People are not not enough. People are traumatized where they're by their bike being stolen by some homeless man that that they are going to be like yeah, uh sure, let's fucking throw people, throw random people into vans, the woman that takes care that, the woman that babysits my kids, uh before where I get home from work, you know, a random guy anyone. Like people don't like that. Americans think that they are good people, you know, and seeing that is like wait what this is? You know wait huh, Like we don't have Gestapo here, We're not the you know, we're not the Nazis. You know, one thing I've said it before, but like the one place where they really really really failed with communists with anti communist propaganda. Was they could never make Stalin the bad guy. Like Hitler was, like, you do have double genocide theory. You do have horrible definitely Austiniers who believe that.
Speaker 1: But and you have to like promulgate that really strongly, Like you see the believers in that like really go in swinging very hard for it because they have to, you know.
Speaker 2: So yeah, and like that's not something that people will abide. They don't like it, they don't want it, and there we are. It's just I don't know, it's so weird. Living here right now is so fucking weird. And like I don't know any other way to say it. I don't know anybody. It's so weird. Like I live in Florida, and like, I mean a majority of people down here are awful, but like I mean not awful, but like a majority of the voters down here awful. But like where I live, it's like normal, Like you know, I mean, Tallahassee is a blue it's a blue city in a blue county, but like like it's just a normal like you know, it's like you have this and I'm not saying everything's falling right now, but this but like I just wonder, like do people like they're in the fall of the Roman Empire were like, man, this something's going on, something's wrong, but like things are kind of normal too, like you know, like there had to be I mean, obviously not everyone, because there were uh, you know, goths and ostro goths and Visigoths and vandals and everyone else running rough shot around the town and the hunts and all that, but like that wasn't everywhere, you know, like they were like you know, like they weren't. You know. It's like I don't know. I don't fucking know. I don't know. I don't want to sound conceited like oh, we're at the center of history or anything, We're so important, but like, I don't what else would you call this other than decline and the decline? What would what would you call this other than the decline and fall of the American Empire? Seriously?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I mean I think that you have to and I don't really think that there's a whole lot else you can do with it fundamentally at this juncture, Like at least I mean in Shalah.
Speaker 2: Well, we've been going for thirty minutes on this. Yeah, do you want to just go for a few more minutes on like current events? Yeah, yeah, we could just do. Uh, Folks, Next week tune in when we will have a very frank and historical discussion of the very true and very real uh practice of pre modern b D S M activities and sexual erotic activities, which we will talk about. Uh and yeah with even with very very old visual aids.
Speaker 1: You will, that's right. Look, you're gonna learn a lot about Aristotle.
Speaker 2: You're gonna You're gonna learn a lot about Aristota. You're gonna learn a lot about how they've been whipping. You know, people have liked to get whipped and and and popped for a long time alone. Yeah, they've they've really into it.
Speaker 1: Turns out, yeah, it turns out pony play isn't new.
Speaker 3: Anyway.
Speaker 2: This week. Uh yeah, this is We're not So Different podcast about how we've always been idiots and right now, the the contemporary it is idiocy is too much for us to delve back in to, uh, to happenings in the Middle Ages, because like, I don't like, I don't know, I don't I don't know where to begin. I don't know what to do, like yeah, like.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, so do you know about the bullshit that's going on over here too, like which, well, yeah, I know which one. But have I ran said to you about the crackdowns that we're having on anti Palestine action?
Speaker 2: Oh god, I saw that. I saw some poor old old man or that woman, like eighty something years old with a sign that says, UH is like support.
Speaker 1: I support Palestine Action.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I support in small letters Palestine big letters, positive something something in small letters and then action on the Palestine action or whatever. It's just like and they arrested and yeah, they're not even doing that ship here. Dog.
Speaker 1: I had to be super careful about the way I phrase all these things so that I don't get arrested.
Speaker 3: Which is which would you like? Which is good? And I could do it? O? No, no, no, So I just don't want you to get in trouble. That's all you very I can.
Speaker 1: I'm this is a good exercise for me. Okay. So Palestine Action UH were a group that did non violent actions against things that materially support the genocide in Palestine. But what they were specifically doing was I mean absolutely to be clear, they were doing like misdemeanor property damage.
Speaker 2: They were doing things that are technically they were doing crimes. They were against the letter of the law.
Speaker 1: Yes they were. So. So for example, one of the things that they did recently was they broke into a place where some of like the planes that run like surveillance missions or run things back and forth Israel were and they splashed paint on them in such a way that it like covered up their windows or whatever so they couldn't take off, right, And then it.
Speaker 2: Was like, oh, oh that's what they did. Oh yeah, yeah, which is which I thought they threw pass that they threw paint on it, and I was like, and I didn't see the rest, and I was like, maybe the paint is like reflective so people can see it and take pictures of Oh yeah, that does make sense.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, so basically it covered up like some of the instrumentation or what they need in order to take off. And then they were accused of having completely destroyed these planes, which is bullshit, but you know, like those things are flying again next week. But you know, it was a really it was a piece of resistance that was like non violent and like whatever, it was a crime. I want to make that clear. What ended up happening is they have now been prescribed as a terrorist group because we're all so terrified of the fact that they might be able to put paint on planes. You know, it's like, it's pretty much exactly the same thing as charging Luigi with terrorism when you're like terrorism, aloop bro like who is terrorist? But this has knock on effects, right, so you know, they are basically now a group that is considered legally the same as isis. I'm not joking, and so if you voice any support for them in public, you can be arrested for supporting a prescribed terrorist group. So what happened with that arrest of that that ady something? Your old person who I cannot stress enough was also a priest, So that's good.
Speaker 2: I did not I didn't see the caller. But yes, come on, guys, you can't like arresting the eighty year old priest. That's a real pr nightmare. Guys, maybe let that maybe let that one go and flag the next one, huh, I don't know, yes, me, yeah.
Speaker 1: And so they were like, well, look, this is obviously, on its face ridiculous, So we're going to protest this outside Parliament and they like held these signs out the SAI support Palestinian action and like they arrested fifty people for doing that because it's illegal now and you can't do that, right, So what Britain is doing right now, that's like a huge crackdown. And now they're also doing this other big crackdown, which is they're making it so that on like all social media sites, you have to register a government ID in order to use it. So like they are so for example, like a going to make a blue sky Dot app, bsky dot app has to like collect your identification. And now part of it they're saying, it's like, oh, to stop the children from accessing porn, and like by that they mean like Justin's website, right, like can't let the can't let the children get sex education, you know, or like see my book right, which is like obviously porn.
Speaker 2: Or look at porn, yeah, or look.
Speaker 1: At porn obviously. But the other thing that they say is like, oh, well, there's all these these people who nefariously harass they harass their MPs online and so basically they want to make it like illegal to at government officials and so like you're you're gonna be able to like get done for harassment. And like so there's like a comrade online that I follow on Blue Sky and like they for example, got like the police showed up at their door because like their MP came around during the election and they're like, hey, you know, get out of here, you Tory scum or red Tory scum, like you know, uh, like free Palestine or whatever. This woman then like called the cops on him, and the cops came to his door and were like, well, are you harassing your MP? And he's just like no comment, no comment, no comment, repeatedly because like it's not it's not illegal actually to tell your MP to fuck off, but they're trying to change it. And then he had he was posting the other day that he'd like written an email to the same MP and was like and in the and in the email was like I don't understand how you sleep at night when you're like voting to send money to kill Palestinian children. And she wrote back and was like this is harassment, and it's like it's not, that's not harassment. That's not harassment, like that it's a rhetorical question, you know, like that that that is just a tool of rhetoric that we're using. And so what we're seeing is like this this bigger and bigger expansion and now, yes, Palestine is a huge part of that. Like basically, what they're attempting to do is make it impossible for us to voice any form of support for Palestine in public because it's just completely out of their control at this juncture. And this government in particular really hitched their wagon to this in order to get rid of Corbin, right, so because they are the ones who like stuck the knives in his backs so fucking hard, they have to play real hardball like oh yeah, like definitely any support you voice for Palestine at all whatsoever does make you an anti semi like yeah, like that's one hundred percent true, and they can't go back on that. Right. So here we are, right here, we are with this with this particular conundrum, and it's going to get expanded and expanded. So you're not even like allowed to complain about the circumstances that we're in. And that's pretty upsetting.
Speaker 2: How they how do they expect to enforce this?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because great, Like I mean I just have.
Speaker 2: A lot, I just have a lot of questions about enforcement of things like this because you know, the rest of the world, in case you had noticed, we're not really behind the great Chinese firewall that they have and they are slowly coming out from behind, but that we don't really have that, and so it makes it very difficult to do something like this in in one uh state, in one country when you have a platform that goes to the entire world, you know, because now Twitter and blue Sky and everyone else, like they have to do this and it's just for England. But there are a lot of things on top of that, because like what about VPN. So anyone using a pig and anyone in England using a normal or I mean a normal like VPN service that you can get completely legal or everything like that can like bypass this like that. So there's that, you know, Like how how like I can still a person from America can still harass you. A person from from anywhere in the world that has access to these things that is not England or the United Kingdom can still harass you. Like is like the entire thing is interconnected? Like how like that is the thing? These people are all working from this old playbook where it's like okay, like from the time when you controlled all the news media and all the everything else, and it's like you do not control that anymore. The thing about the Internet, the thing that that that like really weighs like the the use and the you the use case for the goodness of the Internet. There's a lot, a whole lot of bad shit on it. But we know what is happening in Gaza right now. Someone in Gaza, a reporter, a person on the scene, anyone can can pull up their phone, fire it up, and they can post a video of what is happening on the streets in Gaza or Iran or Beijing or wherever right now, and people can see that. And so all of all of the propaganda about how like Israel is this beautiful place where like everyone is nice and it's not a set it's not a settler colony, and it's not all this sort of stuff, it immediately goes away because people can see that and they are horrified by it. And when you keep trying to do stuff like this like this sounds like to me, this sounds like the old like almost like military censorship, uh that they would have had like during like World War two and stuff like that that like a lot of yeah, yeah, a lot of countries were in on.
Speaker 1: I think that that's kind of like a part of what they're they're kind of hoping that they can too. And I mean that that's one of the problems that we have here generally, is that people still kind of think World War Two might still be happening.
Speaker 2: So I saw I saw something. I saw something yesterday, I think where labor was Like we're talking about how they had to like get all these men ready, how they had to get all these fighters ready, and it's like, you guys want the blitz so bad. You want like you want your Blint, you want your blitz so bad, and you're just not getting it. And I do I don't understand, Like I mean, I guess I can't because I didn't live through it, and the people my family, to be.
Speaker 1: Clear that no one here fucking lived through it. Everyone who lived through it.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean I know, but there's there's there's direct cultural memory of that and like that, you know, like different like if your grandmother was like, yeah, I coward in the basement of our London apartment building for three, you know, two or three years, Like yeah, I can understand how that would give you like a weird siege mentality, but like I don't under like why now, Like what are you do not live under the blitz? Nothing is happening to you. No one is attacking you, No one wants to attack you. They really don't like like that you're you're a You're a monetary exchange for the rest of the world. No, if it's to our lovely listeners in United Kingdom, it is a lovely place and it's not you. And and I'm not saying I'm not dogging you, uh, but like you're you're a You're a bank for the rest of us. That's what you are. You're Hong Kong basically without the fun you're you're you're no fun Hong Kong.
Speaker 1: But we have to believe that people do want to attack us, because we have to believe that we're important, you know, Like that's that's the trouble is that, like if you admit that no one is trying to attach attack us, then you may as well like admit that we aren't important, that we no longer have kind of a global hogevity. It's like that we're desperate for haters, that we don't have, you know, like where it's.
Speaker 2: Like going door to door to try and shock people, Like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is exactly that is exactly it where it's like one hundred percent. What people are attempting to do is like drum up some haters out of absolutely nothing.
Speaker 2: And it's like, dude, no one's flying fleets at you, No one's flying fleets at us. We are still at this point the world destriding colossus. We still have the imperial tendrils out, We're still doing that shit. But no one's attacking us either. You know why, because no one because that's not how the god, because it's not nineteen forty two anymore. God, it's so insane that like these people are going to like destroy the they had like a generation, they had two generations of a lead to win with, Like after after the Soviet Union started to go into decline, China shut itself off, like you have generations to win, you like, you have that and you cannot do it. You you can't. You are too married to this like insane reactionary ideology to just not give a not give a few inches to in order to ensure yourself, like decades more of the neoliberal slash neo conservative consensus that we had. But you can't do that because like giving like an inch to the left at all is too much anywhere any anywhere in the Western world. And they.
Speaker 1: I think that that that's that's really the problem with I think with especially neoliberal capitalism in general, because the trouble is that the entire thing rests on sort of this this concept of crushing or well basically being parasitic to the the kind of like post war state that allowed people to kind of have in okay life, right like it it siphons off that, which is you know, it's ironic, you know, because it's like there's the Margaret Thatcher c that you know. The trouble with socialism is you eventually run out of other people's money. It's like, okay, well, the trouble with neoliberalism is you eventually run out of the government's money that you can privatize.
Speaker 2: Right like that pretty yet privatization Now, once you privatize.
Speaker 1: That, have private water here, you know how that's going.
Speaker 2: You start to privatize the health insurance. You can't privatize anything beyond that, like pretty much.
Speaker 1: It's yeah, it's like we have we have private water and like it's so bad that basically what happens is because the water companies, you know, they're in it for profit, they just dump raw sewage into like all of our water courses. So there is not a single watercourse in England or Wales that is safe to swim in because it's just like so full of of sewage and crazy.
Speaker 2: I can go there's there's a lake, you have government water. Fucking crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like it's and hilariously, like one of the largest controlling shares of uh Thames Water where I live is like the Ottawa Teachers Union, so we're like subsidizing the retirements of Canadian teachers and like basically they keep being like, oh no, we might go bankrupt and then like we have to bail them out for reasons that like are beyond me, and like they won't they won't just like publicize this again, like they won't bring it back into public control because they're like, oh, well, they don't deserve to be bought out, and it's like, yeah, don't fucking buy them out. Like they've completely bankrupted this. Like what they do is they just pay their shareholders every single time they've got money they haven't done any upkeep on any of our water lines. They are charging me five hundred and fifty quid for a year of water in a one bedroom flat. That that's what I'm being charged for that. And it's like, what what the fuck do you mean? And there's like and it's like you can't and they like put the they put the rates up and they're like, oh yeah, well, frownie face, like you can't do that, right, And there's no way to argue this because they are a monopoly on what were government lines. The government lines are not being in any way maintained because they're like, well then that we couldn't we couldn't give as much money to the shareholders, and like this is what happens. This is how neoliberalism works, and neoliberalism no can just do this because there is no communist specter to threaten everyone with, right, like there is like and and there's also also we don't have any like truly really communist country that we can like look to and say, well, what are were they getting over there? Right, So it's just completely unfettered and doing its own thing. But I mean, I would also argue that this is what capitalism will always inevitably seek to do it's always going to it's always going to inevitably attempt to get rid of whatever buffers there may be that stop this hideous accumulation. And yeah, it's it's just really sad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, and I'll be honest even that as being a rooted now because as China opens up, we see more and more and more and more, and you could just see like videos of people you can see Beijing and Shanghai and all these these wonderful like uh you know other places that you know, beautiful stuff that they have and all of this, like you know, the the lifestyle and the culture that they have over there. You can see it for yourself without the media, without the American government as an intern or any government as an intermediary. And when you see that and you're like, people go over there and they're like, there aren't homeless people, Like yeah, they're like.
Speaker 1: We used to not have homeless people here. We do now. Yeah. So yeah, it's like, I mean, because we've been doing that, We've been doing austerity for so long, and like, I mean, I guess that's the other thing, just circling way back that is really difficult with here is that when you were like, well, how are they going to enforce this thing? Like who's going to enforce it? Like the one good thing we did with austerity here? As well as that there are no fucking cops either. It's like we like we also like defunded the police, so it's like like there are no fucking cops, which actually makes it more like fucked up that they went and arrested, like, you know, a year old priest, because it's like, dude.
Speaker 2: Like, I mean, you have seven cops on rotation in the country, what are you you? You got three of them to arrest this guy?
Speaker 1: There's like no police And so basically our social order is being like completely kept together just by people agreeing to do that, which I think is actually quite interesting and instructive because people are just like, yeah, I'm not doing all that, Like I'm not I'm not gonna like rob my neighbors. Why would I do that? You know, like even in a time that is really difficult and when when people are really struggling, right, So I mean that actually I think speaks very well of us as a society. And and also it tells you how useless cops are, right I mean now, to be fair, like, are there some downsides to it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You know, like you know, I live in London and I have a bicycle. Is my major form of transportation? Do it be getting stolen? Yeah? Like looks this.
Speaker 2: Should turn you into a frothing reactionary. Some poor persons healing your bike because they're tired of walking everywhere. That should turn you into like pole pot too, like like you should you should be you should be killing you should you know, be wanting to kill every every non white person you see.
Speaker 1: You you know, I have a little cry when it happens.
Speaker 2: You know, of course you do, because it sucks. You have to.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, I'm not I'm like, no idea, but I get over it, right, and also.
Speaker 1: Because of course you do because stuff assurance.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like I just even if you don't, stuff happens, you know, you're out, You're out a couple hundred three or four hundred bucks sometimes, like yeah, exactly, it really sucks, like but it happens, you know, Like I.
Speaker 1: Mean, we don't, we don't love it. It's not necessarily what I would, uh what I would one hundred percent want to happen. But like you know, it's just it's just part of it's all part.
Speaker 2: Of the fun, it's all part of the I mean, yeah, it's like you could have just let Corbin hang around for a little bit and you would not have these problems like you you would you would not have all these if you just let Corbin had like have like a normal, like little term and then and then you know kind of pepper everything on the edges with like, wow, he's not getting much done. You don't talk about all the obstruction you're doing, but you know whatever, and you just let that go. But they couldn't, like you, you couldn't even let this old like guy who wants to apologize for himself all the time. You couldn't even let him do that. And now this is the mess that you have. And it's like I think, I don't know if I've talked about it on here, but it's something I've been thinking about a lot. But like communism and socialism, probably if you, if you, if you just step back and think about it, they probably shouldn't be around anymore. Like the Soviet Union fell, Capitalism was triumphant in the nineties, It like that should have been the end of it, because people like you don't have real mercantilists around anymore. You don't have people like and the people who are like monarchists and want to go back to like medieval life. Just mean that, like they don't want to see black people and they don't want to they don't want to live in the humdrum of the city or what you know. It's like in in in the nineties, that should have gone away, and like but like China had like insulated themselves to such a point, you know, and like they had even when they had to open up and start doing their their bits of neoliberalizing, you like you might you probably would think, like, okay, with the entire weight of the world bearing down on them, this should have this should have cracked. It should have cracked China and Vietnam and Laos in North Korea and Cuba, and they should have all gone the way Yugoslavia or whatever rip to a real one. But they didn't, and socialism is still here. Like you have people in the West who live in the lap of God who see like these problems for what they are and they're like, no, there's a better way. Even though in America, anti communism has been the raison debt of our government for eighty years. This year, it'll be eighty years since the end of World War two. Eighty fucking years. No one in this country should still like should have these ideas. You should spit when you hear the name of Marx, but you don't because this shit is so bad and you can see it happening everywhere else. And like, yeah, like the communist countries did have to neoliberalize to an extent, but like when you look at China and you look at Vietnam, like like the like, they seem so much more competent and put together than the ramshackle bullshit we've got going on. And it's just like it does give me hope because like people like people in the West, people in like other people in parts of the world that are not very adjacent to socialist or communist countries should not still be adhering to this old doctrine that was supposedly completely destroyed in nineteen ninety one, you know, end of History and all that shit. You know, uh Fukuyama and you know his uh incredibly wrong prediction. But like socialism is supposed to be dead and it's it's not. And like.
Speaker 1: There's a specta.
Speaker 2: It's the happenstances of this world to put us in this position. And it's like I do I just find it so interesting because like now we are at this point with like it looks like both of the parties in America in the next decade are going to break, if not much much sooner than that. And like one of the proximate causes to this will be somebody in the government killing the world's most notorious pedophile. Like when this collapses, if it collapses in the next ten or fifteen years, that will be a massive, massive, fucking massive part of it. And it's all because these idiots and like Trump and Elon weakening the deep state because like, uh, government spending and then they realized they didn't care about government spending anymore, but they'd already hollowed out the soft power Apparatuss And you're just like, what if you were trying, if I was writing a script, and how like some more bumbling moron could go in and uh kind of mister magoo their way into like destroying the American empire. These are things that I would do, like backing Israel to the hip both sides, backing Israel to the hilt, both sides backing immigration like concentration camps and just brutalism to the hilt. Both sides like being afraid to attack the other over this Epstein stuff because they're both implicated. This kind of stuff completely hollows out remaining trusts that people have in these governments. It's like I harp on it, I talk about it a lot, but like, what.
Speaker 1: Are you wrong?
Speaker 2: I don't think I am.
Speaker 1: I don't think you are.
Speaker 2: I don't know what's gonna happen. You can all throw this in my face in the camps if you want. When it happens, I don't know, but like I don't think you would. But some people but like like people just like and like you see these things like oh, it's it's so over, you know this like thing, and it's like these people do not have the control that they won't. This is the second time as farce through fascism. Like the first time is tragedy, this time is farest It's tragedy plus stupidity. That's where we're at. It's tragedy plus like ultra stupidity that is myopically centered on itself, Like do you realize that it like, how insane it is for all of these governments to start going so like internal and navel gazing and starting to do hard borders and everything. We already established international community or international capitalism as the way of things at the end of World War two, the Breton Woods Agreement. Even though we broke it when we took it off, the gold standard is still in effect because the dollar is still the world reserve currency. You cannot have an American power, an American empire without the dollar, and you cannot have the dollar as the world reserve currency without having an international capitalist regime that every that basically everybody is part of either by hook or by crook. And now you're like, oh, we don't need to do internationalism. Globalism is evil. It's like, bitch, the only reason any of this exists is because of globalism. That's it. That's that's the thing. Like that like all those fucking State Department US State Department fascists, like the dullest Is who like like we're making deals with every fascist in Europe, like behind Hitler's back, Like Hitler's a little too problematic for us, but you know, we're fine with you. Ustasia, guys, taking you out of Europe on ratlines. The Pope is big fans of them, by the way, and uh, like they they knew that, they knew that this was a global thing and that national capitalism would destroy everyone because we just myopically at ourselves and and launch our world killing weapons against other people. And they're just they're just running away from it. There they are killing the Golden Goose. Well they are.
Speaker 1: I just genuinely believe that this is a result of the fact that people are really fucking stupid and they don't realize it. Like every one of these these bitches who thinks that they're like really clever and believes in IQ and everything is the stupidest person you've ever met in your life. And they have absolutely no concept of what it takes to run even like their own bullshit.
Speaker 2: Even if you get us, even if you get the two of us, you're not beating China. It doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't like you actually needed any and I would prefer to.
Speaker 2: See it, but like, yeah, fuck off, fuck off. You guys are just strangling the golden goose while you tell everyone that the goose is still strong and healthy and shitting gold and it's.
Speaker 1: Like it's like, you know, the trouble is I mean, I really do think that, uh, China is going to be the trouble with it because people can kind of see that there there's a new game in town, and like that's just you can try. You can try signophobia all you want, and you know, signophobia is a is a pretty powerful force unfortunately, but like it's just a lot more. Yeah, it's then you think.
Speaker 2: You know, yeah, I see China. I think of like the Great Wall and like and and Mao and and fucking Yooming and like stuff like that. It's like like we the world has moved past this, they really have. People like our leaders have not clearly because they are invested in an old, dying system that they're going to cling onto at all costs with their fingernails dug into it. But like, is are people going to continue doing that in the future, like all of these people like in thirty in thirty years, if the if the population continues as it is and the views keep changing as they are in twenty or thirty years supporting Israel, which still won't be a thing by then there's a fucking way, but like it will be like it would be like a two percent thing like we are talking about like something that is so they control everything until they don't until it cracks, until it breaks. And I don't know. I've said it before, I say it again. I don't know when that happened. Eighty years, eighty hours, I don't fucking know. Maybe after I'm dead, maybe it'll be over my bones. But whatever, Like something's got to change, and people understand that I don't know what's going to happen. I mean, but like, yeah, I don't know. I don't I don't know what's going to happen. I understand why people are depressed, but to me, like I just see this stuff and I'm just like America collapsing because the two parties in power wouldn't fight each other and wouldn't have it out over, like, wouldn't just expel all the pediasts and try to maintain power. Like if you're the if you're the Democrats, fucking tell Bill Clinton and Hillary to pack it up.
Speaker 1: Bye bye.
Speaker 2: Like if like you like the Democrats, this is so easy, but they won't.
Speaker 1: It's the dude, this is the way that America should go out.
Speaker 2: A guy, a fake financier who is basically just a basically just a guy who who connected wealthy mostly men with with young women. And he did that for all of the people in power all across the world. And now like and now all this instead of just like sacrificing a few a couple of people, just just give the people, like, you know, just push Bill Clinton Trump out there and then just kind of be like, okay, whatever, like we'll figure you know, like it's but you won't you will not do that like to preserve anything, because that would just break too much stuff and then, you know, then you wouldn't be whatever this fucking mishmash ideology you have now of like right wing and like barely centrist beliefs, Like, you.
Speaker 1: Know, what a time to be alive.
Speaker 2: It is, what a fucking time, What a weird, stupid, funny, so funny time to be like it there is so much horror, but like at the same time, like America, when I was a kid, America was an eternal thing. It was never going to end. In my mind, I could not conceive of America ending because how how would it happen? We outspent the Soviets, We spent them into the grave. China I fucking know anything about China, Like who's going to come over here? Or you can't attack us from the seas, So is it Canada in Mexico? Come on, that's stupid. But now now we're being just pulled. We're pulled apart. We're pulled apart by contradictions that are so sharp we have no idea how to how to handle them. And the people in power are so corrupt and so just bereft of anything, any redeeming quality whatsoever. It's just like, yeah, why would people want to say this? What is there to save? Like this structure sucks. You want to save the people, You want to save the land.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: You want to save like society, a global society as a whole. But this ship, these borders, this genocide, this genocidal pediass state that we are all enthralled to or controlled by in some way.
Speaker 1: No, Yeah, I'm good.
Speaker 2: Fuck it. Fuck all of them, all of them, all the borders, all of them, fuck them, fuck them all, fuck all the countries, get whatever. Such a fuck. I always sound like such a fucking hippie when I talk about this. It's like, oh, just like we can do it, but we can these borders don't mean anything. The Canadian border with America is just like a bunch of land that they mow like with a with a big zone in the middle of it. Like it doesn't that that it's not real. It's not it's not a it's not a functional border. Even the Rio Grande is a real border. The river between US and Mexico, like it is, but it also stops part of the way, like it doesn't it doesn't end.
Speaker 1: But that's not important.
Speaker 2: I anyway, Like I don't know what's gonna happen. Maybe I'll eat my words tomorrow. I don't fucking know. But like, well, you know, it's insane, what an insane time. I'm glad. I'm glad if I have to spend it that I could spend it with you all.
Speaker 1: You know, with like I'll tell you what. The homies are thriving. Okay, no, we're not. We're very distressed, but uh but we're here and we love each other. And that's what we've got going.
Speaker 2: Under so much under so much stress, so much anxiety about the world and kids and life and money and everything. And but at the same time just fucking laughing, because like what else am I supposed to do with this shit, like what what?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: Where's our TikTok band? The thing that was going to be the end of the world, the fucking TikTok ban. And that is a law in this country that Trump just keeps telling me ag not to enforce, like so, a law to keep a Chinese company open in this country after the Democrats stupidly voted, like pushed to ban it because that was going to stop people from learning about Israel's crimes apparently, and it's something you would think they would that Republicans would enforce because it's China, it's a Chinese company and they're doing propaganda to some degree or whatever.
Speaker 1: But absolutely are.
Speaker 2: But you oh yeah, yeah, but you can't. But but they can't do that because like young people love it too much. It's too much of a platform for people, and they just keep not enforcing their own law to help the country that is going to take over the global hedge of hege Miny from US in ten fifteen years, five years, two years, twenty I don't fucking know, but.
Speaker 1: Like, well they couldn't because remember then all the kids went and got on the Chinese one, and then the Chinese people came me like, hey, is it true that America is this fuck up? And then everyone was sad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then and then they were and everybody went and got on that stuff, and everybody's like, wait, what, Like these people are just normal people like us. They have the same fears and hopes and dreams and like, and they're and and they're like, is it government propaganda that you guys have to pay for health's insurance? No it's not No, No, it's not provided to us. Yes, they're only people. Yes, yes, this is the wealthiest country and history. Yes, we are suffering under mountains of personal debt.
Speaker 1: Like, I.
Speaker 2: Fantastic, What an insane I'm not kidding. What an insane time to be alive? What an insane? What an insane era? I don't even know. I don't know what. I don't know what the folks gonna happen. I have no idea, folks.
Speaker 1: We have it's emotional, folks.
Speaker 2: I don't even know what to do with this. If you didn't want to hear about English and American politics today, well I'm real sorry. Come to the wrong the wrong, the wrong place, because we'll be back next week.
Speaker 1: We'll talk about yourself we we we are also people who have to live in the same wretched world as you. And yeah, sometimes we just gotta we gotta get it off our chest. So that's what's up. That's what's up.
Speaker 2: Oh man. I was listening to a podcast and I won't say which one because I do like the podcast, but one of the hosts was like talking about something and they were like, you know, well, maybe this is how and they said, maybe this is how it's happening in a country that's not descending into fascism, you know, like England, and I died. I was like, like a couple, Like, I'll be honest with you. They got they probably have it worse than we do.
Speaker 1: Look at least we kind of a little bit have healthcare.
Speaker 2: You got me there. I can't I can't do anything about that. Unfortunately, now you will have to provide three forms of ID to post look at my slutty little dress, or I think the government should not kill children? You know, how dare you.
Speaker 1: The two genders? Time to be alive?
Speaker 2: Oh fuck, yeah, what a time to be alive. We're not so different, et cetera, et cetera. Folks, you know that's gonna do it? For us today. Uh, just a free flowing discussion of current events. I hope it didn't stress you out too much. If it did, uh, you know, happy thoughts. Sorry, Yeah, well we'll get there. We will get there. We will win. There are more of us than them. We will win. And uh, yeah, we'll get there. But yeah, I you know. Uh. Patreon dot com slash w nstpod five bucks a month you can subscribe to to check out more stuff that we do. You go to Welcome to the Crusades dot com to check out we did with the American Prestige on the first Crusade. It's ten bucks. Patrons. Check the the Patreon post this week for the code to get twenty percent off if you haven't already. And yeah, what do you got, eleanor what do you got going on? What's what's?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the major things that are going on at the moment. I'm trying to think of other things that are up. I recently recorded with our friends at the Napoleonic War podcast a Napoleonic Wars. Uh, so that is going to be up I think later this week. So if you want to hear me talking about sexuality in the modern period aka kind of like the Napoleonic and Victorian eras. That's the place to do it. Yeah, I've got like a bunch of fucking recording this week, so I'll let you all know when that comes out. But yeah, your girls run off her feet, but I will let you know when it's all happening.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you can find me. Uh lukey is amazing on the stuff if you can farmental show. People's just the overhaul of like if you want to hear me talk about Star Wars a few years ago. But yeah, folks, that's gonna to do it for us today. I hope you enjoyed the Catharsis and uh, we'll see you next time.
Speaker 1: Keep it the faith of comrades. Bye mm hmm Okay,