Speaker 1: Welcome to the Marvel Alliance podcast, where we coover anything and everything to do with the Marvel Universe from the comics, TV movies will go from Earth six one six to the Mochile versus TVA in order to bring the Marvel Universe right to you.
Speaker 2: I'm the nerd with the mouth David.
Speaker 3: And I'm the man who podcasts too much.
Speaker 1: I'm Joe Alliance A Symbol volume two hundred and ninety three. And as you guys can tell, Chris is not here. He came down with a little bit of a sore and missing voice, most likely allergies. But yes, so he is not here tonight. But Joe, thank you for coming and feeling in for us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're very welcome.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: For anyone who does not know you kind of give them a little bit of a backstro on yourself, of course.
Speaker 3: Yeah. No, I'm my name is Joe. I am the host of a walk through the Multiverse, which is part of the Geek Ultimate Lince Network. On that show, I talk about literally everything that's not DC, Marvel or Star Wars, and if I like it and I can actually watch it, but no, I do that. I obviously if you're watching the show. You can see all my nerd stuff behind me. I am a total geek. It just I like a lot of different things. Actually, last time I was on I was actually talking with Travis Hyes about this a little bit ago. I think last time I was on Marvel Alliance was with Brent when we covered the Venom Let there Be Carnage episode. So that's how long was Yeah? Yeah, so, but I I mean, yeah, so, I podcast a lot. I've got that show I'm part of the DC Alliance over on the other you know show over here. But I also have another show which is not part of this network, where I just podcast over there. It's called a compok Rundown, and I've got a couple different shows over there. So I do a lot. I don't sleep. Apparently sleep too much. I'm not that of sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, we definitely definitely appreciate you coming in and uh filling in for Chris.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Again, we have the Daredevil tream running. We didn't want to stop.
Speaker 2: We just need the listeners. So you know, he made the call.
Speaker 1: You stepped up for us, and we greatly appreciate it, of course. All right, so before we get underway with the show, let's go ahead, get the network plugs out the way. We are part of the Geek Goltzman Alliance Network with six shows covering the wide range.
Speaker 2: Of geek and nerddom.
Speaker 1: To see the full schedule, check out the show notes below and subscribe to the Geek Ultimate a lines on Twitter or x at gua pot network so you know when all the shows drop. We also have a Patreon, so if you'd like to throw a few shekels a our way, then we've got two tiers. We've got our one dollar tier, which is our tip jar, which is just a way to say that you think we're doing a good job. And then we've got our five dollars tier for ad free episodes, early access and Patreon exclusive shows.
Speaker 2: On our Patreon, we.
Speaker 1: Have we can watch this all day, the Marvel Alliance mc rewatch, including all twenty four movies from the Infinity Saga.
Speaker 2: We have tals from the House.
Speaker 1: Of x rewatching the Fox movie lineups, and we have the Baxter Broadcast, which is a fantastic for film reviews. Guys over there at DC have the DC Films through the years. I know you've posted a whole bunch of stuff. Me personally, I was a huge fan of you guys' take on or your take on One Piece live action, because it's great being able to have another nerd.
Speaker 2: To talk about that.
Speaker 3: So, yeah, that's coming back early next year. I believe so because I think they just started filming season three.
Speaker 1: Yeah, looking forward to that me too. So we want to thank our patreons. We could not do this without your support. And if you want to join us at Patreon, go to www dot patreon dot com.
Speaker 2: For slash gua network.
Speaker 1: If you can't join us, then please rate and review the podcast on your podcast or choice, whether it be Apple Music, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts from.
Speaker 2: And last, but not least, we would like to think our sponsor, panel Bound Comics. They have so much to choose from.
Speaker 1: Panel Bound Comics is an official sponsor of Marvel Alliance. They sell graphic novels, omnibus collective editions, and great discounts on everything in stock.
Speaker 2: And pre orders. You can earn rewards on.
Speaker 1: Every perch just that will earn you discounts that you can use on your next order. They shipped to the US and internationally and secure packaging to ensure your books arrive undamaged.
Speaker 2: I got a book from them recently, last couple of months.
Speaker 1: And it was packed immaculately, no scratches, no scuffs or anything else. So yes, I can highly attest to that.
Speaker 2: So go to a panel bound comics dot com.
Speaker 1: Use the promo code Marvel GUA to get two dollars off on every order, or mgua sit to get five percent off when you order four or more books together. Use our referral link list in the show notes below so that they know you're a Marvel Alliance listener, and we will have a link to the store in this show description.
Speaker 3: Yeah, panel bounds awesome. I wrote it with a bunch of the turmb Railer Colossal Collection off of them, So I got all three Giant collections from them, and that's uh. I think the volume three is coming out later this month, so looking forward to getting a new ship of that just a couple of weeks.
Speaker 1: Yep, I'm very much looking forward to the omnibus of Ultimate Spider Man. Ultimate Spider Man really renewed my love into reading.
Speaker 3: Cor Yes, yes, I've actually been trying to get the just the regular hardback of all the Ultimate Spider Man, well really the Ultimate Universe in general. The Ultimate Universe was just great. The og Ultimate Universe, I have almost all of them, but Ultimate Spider Man a bit well, I have all of them in paperback already, but the Ultimate Spider Man in hardback. I think anything after volume eight good luck trying to find under like fifty bucks, it's not great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so again, great stuff there. Let's see we have Nico in the check Nico Bellick eighty five. Hey there, I'm a new fan.
Speaker 1: I've listened to a bunch of audio episodes so today and Nico appreciate you stopping buy Hope you enjoyed the episode and many more to come.
Speaker 3: Check all the shows from network.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we've got multiple shows.
Speaker 1: Whatever your fancy is, nerddom, trust me, we have got some version of it covered. You will definitely enjoy everything here on the network. So let's go ahead and just dive right into our main topic. That's Daredevil Born Again, Season two, episode five, the Grand Design overall. What were your just kind of overall thoughts on the show before we get down to the nitty gritty.
Speaker 3: Okay, so, before the first season even started, I had to go back and rewatch all of the Defenders universe because I didn't finish it beforehand, like I think i'd gotten up to what was it? I think like season two of Jessica Jones and I just stopped. I don't remember why, just stopped. So I rewatched all of it, and so rewatching all that was great. Season one loved it. Season one was wonderful. This season so far has been awesome. Really kind of sad that Punisher is not in it, but obviously we're getting the Punisher show. It's gonna explain that hopefully. But no, so far has been so heart wrenching. Last week's episode was heart wrenching the way it ended, and I'm like, I was feeling bad for Fisk. I really was. I shouldn't be. The man is a complete a hole, but like I was feeling bad for him. This episode did not help that whatsoever. But yeah, it is. This episode was really good. I'm not gonna even hold back even trying to pretend this episode was really good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree, it had a lot of amazing spots. I will go on one mini rant in a second, but I will say.
Speaker 2: Like the overall parts of the show, it was good.
Speaker 1: It was slower it it does you know we've been on this upswing of the action. This one pulls the action back quite a bit. It's a much slower thing. My only issue with this show, and if you've been listening to our season review so far, you will know that I am a fan of when Daredevil quote unquote throws them hands. We did not get any hands getting thrown in this episode, and that was the only thing I was like. I like the story build, I like the beats here, I see where you're going, but someone needs to catch hands. And that is my only complaint is I'm like, come on, man, it's Daredevil. Someone's got to catch some hands at least one point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, that's fair, that's completely fair, especially after last week's episode, and he could have easily got bulls eye Dex could have gotten maybe a punch or two after the attitude he was giving them, but especially after the name drop. But no, didn't do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was expecting to someone somewhere to get it beat down or you know, fist going crazy and turning and beating up one of his thlugs just to let us some steam. No one really caught hands on this one. But other than that, yeah, it was a slower episode, but it was a good, as I will call it a world and.
Speaker 2: Seasoned building episode.
Speaker 1: I mean, we were really setting up for where we're going in the future with that. Yeah, all right, let's so down. Let's get into the episode proper. This episode opens up with Vanessa being rushed into surgery after the events at fogg Wall's gym. She still has that shart of crystal glass stuck in the side of her head. Fist remains at the hospital, visibly shaking, but is kept at a distance by the doctors who are working to stabilize her. And I felt bad for those poor little doctors trying to hold back this big menacing nude.
Speaker 3: Yeah that I mean, don't get me wrong, Like, I'm a big guy, and people can some people can try to hold me back. But Fisk is a little bit bigger, and that nurse was doing the best she can. Now, you got a question, if he had not whipped the belt around and broken the crystal, do you think.
Speaker 2: It would have hit her?
Speaker 1: I personally do not think it would have hit her. And again, this goes well into Chris's factor fiction that something that King Ben Wilson Fist did directly led to what happens to Vanessa, and yet had he not intervened. Now, granted, had she listened to him and not shown up, this would have happened. But he has also the aim of that. You know, he's a guy. I think he could have taken that hit and just been fine.
Speaker 3: But was he I thought he was aiming for Vanessa, Like, I don't know, I'd have to rewatch that part again, but.
Speaker 1: It looked to me as if if he was aiming for Fist. But yes, he could have been aiming for Vanessa either way. I don't think that, you know, even to hit with that, she gets a concussion or something else. Right, She's not walking away with a shard of this statue thicking her head.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So, while waiting for updates, Fist quickly turns his attention to control and retaliation. When Pallaria, Fist makes it clear that Bullseye must be captured, but he insists that.
Speaker 2: He be brought in alive.
Speaker 1: And uh. The funny thing about this is as he's talking to Palell and Pale's like, oh, it's fine, We've got him surrounded and things like that, I'm like, you guys, know nowhere where these people are? You just you're scared right now and have no idea what to say tipis other than yeah, we got this covered.
Speaker 3: Yeah we we I think whether you say I think, we think we know where they're at. Weka covered. Like I just finished listening to mocking Jay today, Hunger Games, mocking Jay, and then that president snow thinks he's got u Catain's Everydeen corner than the building he did not so spoiler alert for a ten year old book and five year old movie. Ye, but yeah, like the like palace is, like you said, he's scrambling, You're seeing your boss at the on the bedside of his dying wife. You're gonna say whatever you need to say to save your own ass.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is not the moment to look weak and ineffectual. One of this very very angry man. As the surgery continues. Doctors later described Vanessa's condition as unstable but managed, offering conscious optimism. Fists stays by her side throughout, holding on to the expectations that she will recover. I think the search and even says, you know, he he doesn't know where the medical ends and the soul begins. Like he's he's trying to be very existential and reassuring, knowing again that this is gonna be touch and go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but again, what do.
Speaker 2: You say to this angry man?
Speaker 1: Do you say, hey, there's like a five percent chance that she's going to be saved, because he's gonna look at you and say if you don't save her, that's your ass.
Speaker 3: If you're you're talking to the mayor of the of New York City and it's like, hey, we can't save your wife. Are you sure about that? Are you sure about that?
Speaker 1: The mayor that need we remember got off his other crimes due to a technicality with the BLIP and Agent Nadeem Like it's it stated, that's the only reason he got out is no, oh, agent Nadim, things that happened with the BLib and the FBI, Like he got off on a technicality, So this city knows he has a history of crime, Like not really the man you want to be.
Speaker 2: Pissing off right now?
Speaker 3: Nope.
Speaker 1: So, after escaping Fogwells Bullseyes gravely injured, he attempts to hide in an industrial area. Daredevil finds him and catches up to him just as the Anti Vision Antitask force approaches. Despite their troubled past, Matt refuses to abandon him, He disarms Bullseye and forces him to move, guiding him through the underground tunnels in search of safety. And this this was quite a scene watching Daredevil like lift up and having to basically carry Bullseye throughout this episode.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wasn't surprised because I do know Daredevil from the show, from the comics. He he's a hero. He will save people. So in my head, he's making sure Daredevil, or making sure Bullseye will get the justice that he deserves, which seems like what he's doing. At the same time, though, he also knows that if he leaves Bullseye to Powell to the Anti vigil Anti Task Force, Fisk is gonna kill him and he doesn't want that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he knows the like, there's no clear way out of there's no justice to.
Speaker 2: Be served by getting caught.
Speaker 1: So during the escape, Bullseye questions whether everything they do truly matters, and friends Fitnessa's condition and Foggy's death as part of the same balance as if he could reward a bad action Foggy's murder with Vanessa's possible death. When he mentions Foggy directly, Matt reacts immediately physically restraining him, throwing him against the wall and warning him, do not say that name.
Speaker 3: Why did you say that name? Yeah, you said the name of his best friend that you killed. Bad idea, dude, Yeah, bad idea.
Speaker 1: And it was so funny because just I did get some BVS moments from that, like.
Speaker 2: You don't get to say his name.
Speaker 1: What I'm like, Oh, no, we're not going down this road, are we.
Speaker 3: Well they got close.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So even so, Matt continues to help him, making it clear that saving him is tied to his own past actions, including the time he tried to kill Bullseye.
Speaker 3: Which makes sense, like he's trying to get retribution for what he did. Yeah, and that actually falls in line with what Matt believes, whereas Bullseye, he's thinking, oh, well I did a bad thing, so I'm trying to fix that by doing a bad thing. No, Matt did a bad thing. He's trying to reconcile that by doing a good thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that that good old Catholic guilty is like, hey, I tried to k before. Can't let you die now? Like I have to absolve myself from my attempted murder. Plus I can't let.
Speaker 2: You be on the line for anything else.
Speaker 1: So intercut with the present day storylines or flashbacks to an earlier case handled by Matt and Foggy involving an inmate named Ray McCoy, the brother of an old childhood friend of Foggy's.
Speaker 2: The two discovered that a.
Speaker 1: Key search weren't containing an incorrect address that could invalidate the entire case. This creates a moral conflict to a allow a dangerous man who sells drugs and traffic arms to walk free or ignored.
Speaker 2: And ensure that he is punished.
Speaker 1: And this really showed that like back in the day, Foggy was more.
Speaker 2: Of the quote unquote soul of the team. He was the moral compass.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was actually and I don't know if you guys have talked about it in his episodes. I'm backlog on episodes, but I was kind of surprised to see that Foggy returned. I was really kind of happy too. That was really really awesome. But you know, you're right, like Foggy is the heart and soul Matt, maybe you know, the blind lawyer and the gimmick. For the most part, Foggy is what kept them together. Foggy. Foggy was the one that he he was the lawyer, he knew what he was doing. And going back and watching the old episodes of Daredevil, watching even well, I was gonna say in the first episode of the Born Again, but he actually gets killed in the first season, so never mind. Yeah, so watching the old old show, that is Foggy. He he does the right thing. It's what he always did.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So in this moment, Foggy ultimately chooses to act on principle, believing in second chances. He ends up giving Race of money that he and Matt had been collecting to start their own law firm. So he takes this money, puts in an envelope, gives it to Ray, and says, this is for you to disappear start over. Knowing the risk these moments directly influence what's going on with Matt in the present.
Speaker 3: Doesn't surprise me one bit. I felt like they showed the money, and I'm like, okay, that's fine, makes sense because they're you know that in the future they're going to start their own business. Yeah, the case comes up and everything all that, and like why did they show that money? Okay, Okay, I see what you're doing their show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when Ray said that, you know, if he goes into prison he will be killed, Like all of this is just to get him in there. And then I knew at that point, I'm like, all right, Fogg, He's going to try and help him out some way.
Speaker 3: Again, that's how fog he is.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The flashbacks also revealed early moments in Fisk Rise, including conversations about expanding operations adapting to the new financial system. We even get a shout out to, you know, the early startup a bitcoin at this point.
Speaker 3: Right. Also West comes back again, another guy from old darl That was awesome to see it as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely giving those who have washed along the way a lot of moments to tie back to, which is awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: These scenes connect to his first meeting with Vanessa at Nart Gallery, showing how they met and how the connection between them was always deeply personal. Now, I will say one thing about this and all of his flashbacks of Vanessa. She is wearing white when traditionally she did not wear white up until the time when she caught the straight to the head. Other than that, she was normally in red or something.
Speaker 3: Like that, right too, So.
Speaker 1: To me, this was kind of his even though this is Wilson's flashbacks, this is kind of him envisioning her as the angel that he views her as, or this bright and shining part of him that he views her as, that she is.
Speaker 2: Always in white.
Speaker 1: Okay, So, while Daredevil transports Bullseye, he takes him to a church he used to attend, hoping to find temporary safely. The young seminarian at the church agrees to help. This is the same seminarian that we saw in the first episode who talked to Bullseye when he was asking where Sister Maggie is.
Speaker 2: So he agrees to.
Speaker 1: Help, but the situation quickly becomes complicated when the anti Vigilante task Force arrives and begins to search the building, and they just straight up say like, yeah, I don't care if this is holy ground. We got more mind than you, and they bust through those doors.
Speaker 3: Look, I've talked about this covering the Boys. It's the parallels of the show and what is going on around the world is very interesting, just saying let's go yeah with that.
Speaker 1: No no sanctuary cities here, and I'm sorry, but the Catholic Church has no power against the government.
Speaker 2: Right now is what this episode.
Speaker 3: Was weird though that doesn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's funny how shows written and directed a year two years ago.
Speaker 2: Just these these things are there.
Speaker 3: Weird, interesting, It's like they don't see it happening, can't can't read the riding on the wall or anything. Yep.
Speaker 1: So Face with the rest of being caught, Met briefly considers abandoning Bullseye. However, remembering Foggy's past actions, he changes his mind. Instead, Matt returns, picks Bullseye up, and flees with him before the task Force finds him, choosing mercy over convenience. Now, yes, they did flee, but they also left a huge blood stain in the middle of the church.
Speaker 3: I was also very shocked that Matt actually left, like he actually made that decision of like I can't, I can't save you, I have to go. Like I was very shocked at that. But he did come back, and I as soon as he had the memory of finding Foggy in the building in the hallway after giving the money to Ray, It's like, all right, he he knows what his moral compass is telling him, he's gonna go back, and he does. He goes back and he gets Bullseye, he gets out of there, and you're right when the task force comes into the back room finds all that blood. I definitely feel bad for that, uh, for that pastor, Yeah, in trouble.
Speaker 1: And that's what I thought too when I looked down and I saw that blood in the scenary and is standing behind the anti vigil anti task force, and I'm thinking to myself, I go, oh man, this this is not going to be pretty for this guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah at all.
Speaker 2: So yeah, no, I felt super super bad for him.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Before we get into the christiando of the episode of Go Ahead, taking at our probably only ad breakdown.
Speaker 2: So listeners, we don't control the ads.
Speaker 1: Sometimes they can be at high volume, so we just kind of give you a warning before they come. So here's first said three two one, and we are back. So coming out of them escaping uh the church, Like you said, Uh, Daredevil had fully left the building. He left Bullseye lying there in a pull of his own blood bleeding out. He got out the building almost down the street when he was like, ah, you know what, I gotta go back. That they're going to hurt him. So that that was again going back to foggy. Everything that he had stood for, all the positivity, you know, all the things that they talked about when they were coming up as young lawyers is all bleeding back into Matt and creating this moment where he's like, look, even though this person did wrong, we still have to do right by them.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: So at this point, Matt brings Bullseye to Karen, who is at their hideout, and she is visibly shocked. And when I say visibly shocked, she side eyes that man like that.
Speaker 3: Hell you doing? Oh yeah, that was terrible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so Matt asked her for help, but again she's just she's just in this shocked face that you brought this man to our hideout, our home the hell.
Speaker 3: The funny thing is he probably already knew where it was. It's Bullseye. He's been He's probably been following them everywhere they went regardless. But oh yeah, you know, he just he doesn't care. You know, if he wanted to, he could have killed them at any point in time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if if he was, if he was outside of Cherry's apartment just in order to save Matt there, and he knows all the other things, then he had to have known where their hideout is. Right, This wasn't some unknown information. He could have broken through the window. He could have taken them out at any point. He chose not to because he's on his quote unquote redemption arc.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So also while this episode is going on, i'd be messed up. I talked about it. We are also.
Speaker 1: Intertwining with our b story of Daniel Blake and Buck Cashman going on a little bit of a road trip as Daniel's kind of feeling a little bit guilty because he thinks, Okay, the information that I'm saying is.
Speaker 2: Leaking out, and now.
Speaker 1: You know, we're taking this road trip to Albany and Buck is super quiet and he's telling his story about his time in the British Secret Service and in the Army and how he killed people before and all this other stuff. And you can just see Daniel's you know, is having this moment for the son of the guy who played Tony Soprano. He's thinking back to some Soprano episodes. Uh oh man, I'm giving driven upstate into the woods to be taken out.
Speaker 3: What's really awesome is that Buck also his backstory also kind of intertwines with Foggies because he was tasked to go take out Ray, but he didn't. Yeah, I think, yeah, he didn't at that time. So when what happens here is he's taking him upstate to go maybe kill uh yeah, Danny, what's his name? Check?
Speaker 1: Daniel thinks he's about he's about to get killed. Kiss They stuck because originally Buck says, hey, we're going for hot dogs, and then Daniel starts to realize we're not getting hot dogs. We're not driving to Albany for hot dogs, and then they stop off. Buck goes in, gets a shovel and an electrical saw, which is hilarious, and again he is just sitting there like, oh god, I'm this this is it for me, Like he's gonna kill me?
Speaker 3: So I was, so I was gonna ask, because obviously at the end of it he doesn't. He finds out that there's somebody in the trunk. Is that Ray in the trunk?
Speaker 1: I know that was Christophee, the first mate from the Northern Star, so that they they have him in there, and then that's when Buck says, this is your time to pick your fate. And again you still think Daniel's about to get it, and he goes a saw or shovel and opens the trunk and you see Christophee wrapped in plastics. So it's one of these. All right, this is your moment to step up and prove your loyalty to mayor Fists in this way. When the whole time again Daniel's thinking like, ah, I am a dead man now.
Speaker 3: The fact that he is, he has to know that that BB is leaking all this stuff, especially after this episode, because he told her that Vanessa is in critical condition, and then within like an hour, the news reports is saying that she that she's in critical condition, and he's just like, babie, you totally screwed me. What are you doing. It's like he knew before he had suspicions before. You're all, what are you doing? Dude?
Speaker 1: Like come on, yeah, you know, had it been me, I probably would have fed her some false information because you already suspect her. You suspected her after the apartment thing. You suspect her when you two went out to when you had dinner at your apartment after that, like you already suspect her. So I may have saying like, oh, she's incredible condition, it's touching. Go and then you you can always come back and clean that up later like, oh, she starts to get better, so now she's stable. But you know he told her that. In eight hour later, it's on the news and he's like, oh damn it, Bbe, what did you do? And then the next thing, you know, Buck is saying, let's go get hot dogs at Albany.
Speaker 2: And You're like, I am, I'm screwed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it's it's funny, it's great. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So we cut back to Mayor Fisk and Vanessa and after the surgery, the doctors informed Fists that the procedure was successful, give and hope that Vanessa will recover. She finally regains consciousness and the two share a quiet moment. Vanessa seems disoriented but calm, asking for pineapple juice. Before requesting that, Fist tells her the story of how they met, even though she remembers. And it's funny because he's like, why are you requesting pineapple? You don't like pineapple juice? You say it makes your lips tingle, and she's like, well, now I have a taste for it. Yeah, And you know, he asked her multiple times to tell her a story, and you could tell something's a little bit off with her at this point.
Speaker 3: The yeah, yes, I mean, you'll talk about here in a second. But the second time she asked, I'm like, oh no, I knew immediately what was gonna happen.
Speaker 1: Yep, So he tells the story again. We get some more flashbacks the painting, the art gallery of everything else, and then the moment is short lived because after a brief moment of silence, Vanessa again asks Fists to tell her story, and the mayor finds it strange. He tries to speak more, and her condition starts to worsen.
Speaker 2: You could tell her speech is slurr and her eyes are rolling.
Speaker 1: The monitors beginning to malfunction, and Fist immediately screams for the medical team.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So yeah, at this point we know up something about this did not go well.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: In the final moments, doctors attempt to resuscitate and stabilize her while Fist watches from the side, visibly shaking. The episode cuts out amid the chaos, leaving her fate that Vanessa may not survive this time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, probably not, if I'm being honest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So that that's how we conclude the episode, and it's giving me a lot of vibes that you know what, this is gonna be the jumping off point that mayor Fist is gonna go absolutely crazy.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, if with her dying, it's gonna be a NonStop vigilante takedown for him. Like he's gonna like tear down the city looking for bull Eye, looking for Daredevil, anybody in the mask, and that's gonna be it for him. Yeah, that's all he's gonna do.
Speaker 2: The war is gonna be on.
Speaker 1: So, like we said earlier, this was a slower episode, a lot of exposition, a lot of building the world and building not only where people came from, also giving you a look if you had not seen the Netflix era, you kind of get more of a look into Foggy and Matt, you know, on their coming up as lawyers. You see just you get a retelling of how Wilson and Vanessa met. So you get all these pieces into play to show how much he really cares about her. So when he goes absolutely crazy on the town and starts going full on martial law, we understand why. Yep, yeah, I think that. You know, we know that Jessica Jones is returning this season. We saw from the trailers that she is going to have some interactions with the anti Vigilanti task Force. So I'm thinking that after this maryor Fish just declares a war state on the city and this is when he has Daredevil has to bring in some help because things are just getting too crazy and out of control.
Speaker 3: Yep, I can see that.
Speaker 2: So all right.
Speaker 1: So that was episode five, the Grand Design, and know I'm looking forward to episode six and.
Speaker 2: The fallout of this.
Speaker 1: And where we go and to know definitively for sure the fate of Vanessa. I don't think she survived, but again we we don't know until we see her six feet under.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, and until we see the body, especially in comic books, well even then, when you see a body, it's not always gone.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so you know that there used to be the joke that no one stays dead other than Bucky and Uncle Ben, and both of which came back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yep, so so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you never know.
Speaker 1: I have a factor of fiction about her coming back, so again, you never know with these people.
Speaker 2: All right. So that wraps up our recap of episode five.
Speaker 1: Like I said, we are going to skip feedback and listener questions for this week. They will be paused until Chris returns next week. We do have a good question that we're just gonna hold on to from our friend Anthony Dorsey, So don't think we forgot about it. We're just gonna hold on to it next week. Same thing with Factor fiction again. Since this was such a last minute pinch hit step in not going to force our friend Joda to come up with three factor fictions, I would have.
Speaker 3: Had to come up with something in an hour. I'm like, I don't know what I what if this happens? Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So we'll hold off on the Factor fiction. We will go over the results and everything next week. Same thing with Comic Book Club. We will continue our read through of Age of Ultron. So but other than that, that is your episode.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 1: I want to shout out our sponsor, Pentabon Comics again. If you go to our website, use our code Marvel Gua, follow the podcast on X at marvel A Podcasts. You can find me on Twitter at the Phantom and Chris as Chris Balga Joe.
Speaker 2: Tell the people where to find you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm on social media Twitter, I'm on the Score, actually on the Score. Do you also find my show I'll walk through the multiverse at walk the Verse on Twitter. Also I'm on Instagram and all the other socials at Comic book Rundown or Comic Rundown on Twitter.
Speaker 2: Awesome.
Speaker 1: So, and you guys can also catch me here on the geek First Network as part of our wrestling show The Gimmick. This is rustle Mania weekend. So I've already told everyone in my life that starting tomorrow at seven pm Central Standard Time until Sunday night at about eleven thirty pm Central Standard time.
Speaker 2: You do not know me.
Speaker 1: If it ain't about wrestling, I will be slow on the responses. I will be that this is going to consume my whole life. But we are going to have two shows. We are going to talk about the fallout of aw Dynasty and this past weekend's big happening on aw Dynamite. But then we are going to review Night one of WrestleMania and then come back the next night immediately following the show for a review of Night two and a rundown of WrestleMania. So we've got a lot of things cooking when it comes to that. Again, this is our wrestling super Bowl. So I am so excited about that awesome. Yeah, So if you have any questions or anything, you can email the show at Marvel Alliance podcast at gmail dot com. Follow the geek Ultimate Alliance Network on Twitter at guaputt network. Feel free to tweeter or email if you want to provide feedback, ask questions that will answer on the show again, Rate and review the podcast on Apple Podcasts or whichever platform that you're listening to. Thank you all for listening, and as stand the man.
Speaker 2: Would say, excelsor true believers.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: Post credits discussion, there was there has been some news coming out of CinemaCon. I'm not going to touch on all the news, some of which some of which just happened in our Basically these literally this news came out. Chris and I text about whether we would talk about it, and then two minutes later he called me to say I can't talk.
Speaker 3: So yeah, that literally happened within It was crazy.
Speaker 1: So that there is some leaked trailer information things like that, we're not going to talk about that because it's a leak. We haven't even seen it, so we're gonna be just talking about someone else talking about something that they've seen that's only.
Speaker 3: By next week you guys will have something more substantial, so yes.
Speaker 1: But something that did come out of CinemaCon is we got a look at some new shots from Beyond the Spider Verse. Yeah, and man, oh man, if these shots don't look pretty.
Speaker 3: Man, I've loved these movies ever since they came out. And I am seeing Miles and his dad there, it's just gonna make me sad. Yeah. This, Yeah, this show and this movie looks so awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we see three or four different art styles here. Michigan has me excited. We had that with across the Spider Verse, with some changing with the art styles. This cool rayon on the Prowler, you get back to the more traditional art style with this moment with Miles and his dad. You get the more you know Matt it look in this moment with him and Gwyn. I love this moment with Spider Punk uh saying you know you're gonna save your dad. And then we get a different look of you know, Miles's dad and his uncle as they are looking like they are in a younger time. Just yeah, these are some awesome looks. We get miguel O hair here going after Spider Man. I'm just I'm so excited about these steals and just getting to know that, all right, we're getting closer and closer to this coming.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I am excited next year seven.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yep, as long as it stays on track, will be next year between twenty seven. Now, again, with the Spider Verse movies, there is always a chance that it could get delayed. My thoughts of using opinion on that is, if you are delaying it in order to do it.
Speaker 2: Right, I'm okay with that.
Speaker 3: I'd rather agree.
Speaker 1: You know, if you're gonna ask me to pick a date and I say the date to quote Hitchhiker's Guys to the Galaxy, I rather be.
Speaker 2: Happy than rite.
Speaker 3: Exactly.
Speaker 1: So if you if you got to delay this a little bit past when I want just in order to make it perfect, then you know it go ahead, because I'd rather sit in that movie theater be absolutely happy with this. And yeah, that that is I'm super super excited for it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I can't wait for it. It's it's The first two were amazing. The first one was like, came out of nowhere blue expectations, everybody's expectations. Second one was just as good. This one looks amazing. I can't I can't wait.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my I will say that.
Speaker 1: You know, I fell in love with Molesey care character reading again the ultimate line of comics when he was first introduced. But my kids, who are fairly young, one is nine and the other one turns twelve tomorrow, they grew up on the Spider Verse movies and it made them fall in love with Miles the character. But it also this was pre Black Panther and other things. This was the first time they saw themselves represented, oh nice, as a character.
Speaker 2: So that has.
Speaker 1: Always been a sticking point with me. Like my kid saw Miles, he saw the hair that Miles has.
Speaker 2: That's the way my oldest kid's hair is like he's.
Speaker 1: He's followed throughout and it's always been a this is somebody that we can connect with. And so because of that, watching them grow up with these I'm excited for the next round of these movies.
Speaker 3: That's what I love about comics. Man, you know, this just is something for everybody.
Speaker 1: Yes, So that being said, that is our show against Joe.
Speaker 2: I thank you so much for filling in.
Speaker 1: I know, so it's kind of a quick show today with us skipping a lot of things. But again, I appreciate you just taking the time, last minute call with an hour to go saying hey, are you available, and yeah, it's Chris appreciates it.
Speaker 2: He hopes to be back next week.
Speaker 3: Again.
Speaker 1: He thinks it's just allergies just took out his voice at the last minute, so he should be back to full strength so that we can continue our run through Daredevil line this season.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you, thank you for letting me come on, thank you for having me. Always a blast, so hopefully come back on in the future.
Speaker 1: Yes, absolutely so well and that again, we appreciate everyone for listening and we will see you guys next week.
Speaker 2: Bye y'all, Bye bye,