Speaker 1: Email. Why are you gonna do this this morning? You gonna do this? You can do this, You're not gonna do Okay, all right, thank you. I'll look at that. I got both program directors send me email this morning. You guys need to go to sleep till nine and you can get up. Don't worry about stuff, all right. Uh so well we'll do our normal Friday thing as you can imagine. Uh, there is about nine hours worth of radio in just little a collection of little things. Well there, I guess technically they wouldn't be little things in any other administration, but little things the Trump administration was up to yesterday. So we'll try to fit it all in there, and of course we'll get some help coming up. At eight oh five. Pete Callander will joined us. As we just look at the look at the week that was and and I cannot tell you the joy, the open laughter that took place as I was sitting here reading this New York Times piece about Tom Tillis yesterday. And you have to understand they wrote this as a hit piece, right. What they want to show is they want to show that Trump's a monster and if you cross him, then he will he will meddle in other elections, specifically for members of Congress. The irony, of course, is that's all of them, right, That's what they do. That is, you saw Nancy Pelosi, you didn't fealty to her, you didn't get a committee assignment. The same happened under Mitch McConnell. The same happens under Mike Johnson. So you already have that influence there, and the White House has a lot of influence. You can like it or not like it, but the White House is when it comes to the things that they send down, because they don't originate legislation. They may suggest it, but what they do originate is they originate cabinet you know, people to be confirmed or not confirmed under the advisement stuff. And the line has long been crossed that they will go out there and they will horse trade or they will threaten to basically say they don't like you, and if they're popular, it's not good for you and it could get you primaried. So that's what happened, and so New York Times wrote this big p oh, can you believe this is going on? It's basically it's Soviet you know, it's Russia. It's Hitler or whatever. I just laughed, you know why, because it's not any of those things. It's clearly the way that these things work, which isn't pretty. But the reason that we were there, and the reason that Tom Tillis has been running around posting a saga of like a street sign he found in Washington, DC. I don't know if you followed any of this. I didn't talk about it. And on the point Tillis is right, somebody something bought one of those little like you know, like we're at a bus stop and they have the little stand up billboard thing there which essentially said we need to stop Elon, but like the wording was like, well, what do you mean you need to stop him? What's going on there? And they had a little X through a cartoonish picture of Elon and so he posted He's like, can you believe this is happening? And then it is gone now. I don't know if somebody stole it, the advertiser removed it, some Rando Trump Elon fan removed I don't know, but it's just like I saw all these tweets all week and then I saw him, you know, glowingly voting for the various folks who have come before him this week, and then like putting, you know, like speaking to how excited he is to do it well. According to the New York Times, this is how we got here. You ready, before Senator Tom Tillis voted to confirm hag Seth as Defense Secretary, he worked with accused. This is the New York Times. He worked with accusers to make the so in reality, I guess it's New York Times, so all of it could be made up, But I tend to believe that a lot of this is true. He worked with accusers to make the case against him, right, remember the sister in law, and we already had the story, and then I believe I believe mister Tillis's response was he just wanted to explore it or something. I don't know. Four days after President Trump was sworn in for a second term, his nominee for Defense Secretary was teetering on the brink of defeat on the Senate floor, and the President was on Air Force One talking about political retribution. In this case Air Force one. Do you know where they were flying? North Carolina? This was the President's Friday visit. Remember when he came first first official visit after he was sworn in. What does he do? He comes to western North Carolina. But it's not just him. It's never when they do visits like that, it's never just them. And that's why members of Congress and senators, if you ask them, hey, have you had a chance to fly on Air Force one, a lot of them will have or the VP's plane or whatever. Because when they go to do these visits for something like this in Western North Carolina, they haul a contingion of other federal elected officials. He got in for the photos, but also so there's the responsiveness side that he hey, i'm your congressman. Look I brought the president, which which is good, good, right, that's as long as it's not right when the disaster happens, right, it's the normal course of things. But it's not normal because Trump's on there, and so he's got this whole delegation. I don't know who's all on the plane, but he's got a delegation and a lot, you know of Republican congress people, congressmen and women. I gotta think Virginia Fox was on there too, so and he's talking to him. A Ted Bud might have been on this flight because I think he was down for that visit. I know Tillis was not or not in the same on the same but whatever. All right, So, mister Trump had just gotten word that Senator Tillis, a North Carolina Republican, planned to oppose Pete Hegseth, the former Fox and Friends weekend host, YadA, YadA. If mister Tillis could not be brought to heal by that, uh, there would be enough Republican no votes to sink mister heccess confirmation, which would have been a humiliating defeat at the dawn of Trump's second term. So here's what Trump did. Okay. And when I say this is you, this is you? Right, because things get back to Trump. I had a phone call yesterday with somebody and it's really and and I can't really disclose everything that was going on. It's not super important. But what was interesting from it is how when information gets to Trump, what he does with it, and and and like he just because he's a business guy, He's saying, oh, you know, Bob, what are you coming to my office? Bob's got a problem, Boomy, handle it right, So and he'll do it. He'll do it in his own little way, and so now he's on his plane. He's got a bunch of other Republicans from North Carolina, you know, members of Congress, and he just simply turned to him, according to the article here, and said which of them wanted his endorsement to primary Tillis for the Senate seat next year. Hmm, yeah, there you go. And then he's been Tom Tail has been running around. He's just like the biggest cheerleader for all of Trump's people. Now New York Times says it's corruption. Some would argue that Trump won the state and he didn't really hide what he was going to do, and so is it the will of the people that's for you to decide. You know, there's a lot of arguments there. There are states that Trump won by thirty points where you have local elect officials going, you know, doing the opposite. Why is our attorney general in North Carolina joining in every single lawsuit? Trump won this state, but also he won this state like these are there? These are the political headbutting, the disagreements that are going to happen. And uh, we may have mentioned on this show that the idea of Tom Tillis getting primary wasn't the worst. Although I have many of you that sent me emails basically telling me that the Democrats are going to win. It's going to be all my fault. President of the United States, Blame it on him if that happens. It's not his fault, arguably, because people are evaluating the like way say, I voted for this guy, but I also voted for this other guy for a higher office, and this guy is making the other guy not be able to do the thing I've voted for. So that was that? That is that I'm not saying. That is that, like, you know, a lot of people don't have necessarily trust in Tillis, and I you know, it's not like, you know, after after the election, then he's just reading do whatever he wants and he can wait out Trump because we'll have another six years if he wins. So that's another aside issue. But if you're wondering why all of a sudden he's best, he's with all these folks, I think this New York Times article is a good theory as to why that may be. And apparently in this article they also say that Tillis was actively trying to persuade other Republican senators to oppose hag Seth. So there you go, and then they go, oh, it explains a broader dynamic at play with mister Trump back in the White House, as Republicans in Congress fearful of reprisal, Nancy Pelosi and Barack Obama back in his were they would gut you. They would gut you if you didn't fall in line. Right, this is not a new thing in Washington. And you could argue the independence there, the independent Joe Biden wanted to run right after Barack Obama, and they basically told him, no, it's Hillary's turn, and if you run, we'll crush you. Right, That's how these things go. So you can't pretend they you know, this is some new thing here. If it bothers you, then you need to be consistent with It is all that I'm saying. But I wanted to provide you an explanation as to why, all of a sudden, not only is he voting for everybody, he's running around He's like, oh, we got to protect elon it all costs. Look at this sign I found I'm a warrior. Sounds like this may have been it. This may have been it right here, all right, coming up on the show. How the hell do you not see Nimets class aircraft carrier? I do not know, but somebody didn't, So we'll get into that. Oh where is this? Do you guys want to drive faster? Do you ross?
Speaker 2: You don't know?
Speaker 1: I've, like Grandma asked. I don't mean that as an insult. You're just very You want to drive faster, like five miles an hour faster legally? Are you cool? No, they're at least on your commute. Yeah, let's row five miles on there, and I don't know, maybe even more. That's what they're talking about here in North Carolina. So we'll get into it. And good news real quick. Remember how you got upset because your kid couldn't go to school several days because the ACU was broke. Apparently Wake County Schools thinks they should probably get around to fixing that. So they're gonna do that. They just need a bunch more of your money, which brings up some questions that I have and probably some of you have, So we'll get to that. And a surefireway to get pulture geys Poultergeist in your house. So all that and more coming up. CaCO Day Radio program because they're mad at well, they're mad at everybody. Linda McMahon is just like, they don't really like, they don't even know why they're there. But you got to signed some moonbats with signs to go over there to scream at her. I appreciated the fact that they attempted to do a heckling and a disruption of government, but with W. W. E. Blair, just to make things a little different. So maybe that's just me, but yeah, So Linda McMahon, who obviously served, I think we interviewed we interviewed her right a couple of times. I think served the first Trump administration, right, and then obviously McMahon, you understand the name there and who she is, so they're bringing her back. But at the same time, you know, the Department of Education, or at least the version that exists now is probably on its way out. We don't know all the details yet, so I guess that really kind of pumped them up. But yeah, here she is, because you know, they got to do all the swearing inns and the various things, and they they they decided to heckle and disrupt with the toy.
Speaker 3: My daughter Stephanie McMahon, Paula Veck, her husband, and my son McMahon. I'm so happy to have them here, and many friends from I have come from far places, so I welcome having them here today and appreciate that they're here. So thank you Chairman Cassidy, ranking Member Sanders, and distinguished members of the committee. I'm honored to have your consideration to serve as the Secretary of the Department of Education. And I'd like to thank both Senators Scott and Britt for their introductions.
Speaker 1: I don't know why you had to, why you need an audience contain heckler's for this or whatever. So the sign that one of them is holding, what does it say? Can you hear what Linda McMahon is cooking? All right? So speaking of Linda McMahon and the Department of Education and all that stuff, again, they were hackling her, but they were doing it with wrestling themes, so at least it was different. They also, you know, they shouldn't do it. And and the fact that literally none of the McMahon kids went and you know he hit the protester with a fake folding chair. I probably took a lot. Plus you know, she had backup there. Do you think the do you think the moonbaths can take a bump? I don't know. Triple H's right there, dude, I'm sorry. I will never not be funny. These do even if you stick them in a suit, they look like absolute like monster gorillas. These guys. He's just sitting there. It's just who's the who is the Who's Cane? Cane's the mayor right in Tennessee? Is it Tennessee or Kentucky? Right? I have ever seen remember just how crazy it was watching that dude, Like when he got elected. He's just in his mayor suit, barely the suit's like what, I don't know, I'm gonna be able to hold out for this. So the Department of ed the narrative is, and the protester was alluding to it, is that they're gonna get rid of it and then anybody's kid who's not a traditional student, they're just gonna dump them in the woods or so I don't know, right, because you don't need you don't need it. Whatever you want that to be open to interpretations. So the parents panic, absolute panic. And we discussed this the other day, and I think the most compelling point if you come to somebody like that if in fact, the Department of Ed Responsibilities and moneies get transferred back to the states so that they facilitated. The strongest point. You don't have to get into any of the woods, you know, any of the details, the minutia, any of the rest. The strongest point is very simple and ross. This was your point. So if you want, I will let you explain it. But it is the most compelling way to get somebody to calm down. I think what happens if the State of North Carolina is now in charge of all of the kids, right, special ad children who need alternative learning for you know, because they're struggling, all of those kids, all those kids. What happens in the State of North Carolina gets the money and they just they don't have a class for them. All the lawmakers go away.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean that's a political suicide. And even if you don't have a kid in special education, because you're a good person, which most parents are, they're going to be down there to Capitol with pitchforks and torches. Yeah, because it ain't right and most people know that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't even have kids, I mean, what the hell are you doing? So which is so you have to remember if you believe this narrative, which is promise is crafted in so I guess Mark Elias set up a whole new thing where all of these lawsuits and all this insanity is getting funneled through this guy. What the most one of the most injurious people in all of politics is somebody was never elected. His name is Mark Elias. I've watched this dude do his things since I first learned about him when he came to flip the Senate seat for Al Franken, right, and where they were literally finding ballots in trunks and that's not me, you know, just throwing out something. They literally had ballots that they found in trunks in a in a poll worker's trunk in Dinkytown, which is the University of Minnesota. So they were all it's They were overwhelmingly as you can imagine, for Al Franken, just as that district was. And whoop, see how they was getting my trunk and let's go get those counted, right and this, so this dude is ramping up. So all of these attacks are they're tested, right, they crack and test. This is super sophisticated man, and so they think the strongest narrative is if Trump does this, all the special led kids don't go to school anymore, right, And that's and that's terrifying to obviously parents. But to Ross's point too, that the idea of that is also something that most people would reject because they realized, well, that ain't right. If you're gonna have this, you're gonna have public education, you got you gotta handle your business. You can, but you can arguably do it in a much more efficient way, in a closer to home way, so there's more accountability for the people in charge. So, uh, this is this is what they're gonna go with. But other people have other theories. I don't know, like the uh, the cackling hyenas over at the view that okay.
Speaker 5: You know, getting rid of the Department of Education is actually the first goal listed in the location section of Project twenty twenty five. We were talking about Project twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: Also the also literally the thing that a lot of Republicans have promised for a lot longer than twenty twenty five has been there. So but whatever you think, you got a theory, why is Trump doing it?
Speaker 5: Helped me understand, We warned everybody that that was the playbook, and it remains the playbook, and they are playing.
Speaker 6: By that book. It is also the smallest of all the government agencies, so if you get rid of the Department of Education, you really don't have this sort of financial boon that they're telling you that you're going to have.
Speaker 1: Nobody's really telling you that it's a financial boon. And also it may be the smallest, but it's the one I could least tell you what they do. And I sat in years when I was doing the reporting. I had to cover the school boards meetings, and so that's why I know things like what title one dollars are and all of these things. I still don't know what the hell they do. It couldn't literally just be done locally. So there's that. But this is the view. You ladies ain't just gonna be like it's twenty twenty five. I want to hear a much more insane theory. Do you have it? Insane theory? That's what we come to you for Give me an insane theory.
Speaker 5: It's not really about saving money, No, I think there's a much more nefarious reason for it. I think it's because they without education, you get cheaper labor. I think what they want to do is create in the United States a permanent underclass, a permanent cheap workforce because educated workers cost more. That is the bottom line, and that's what they're doing.
Speaker 1: So they want serfs. That's let's just they want serfs. Maybe they'll share crops some stuff, and then you can beat them. You used to be able to beat the serf. So that's that's what you think they want. You think that there is a conspiratorial plan to create eight A an endless supply. I just want to I just want you to understand what you just said, an endless supply of cheap, idiot, uneducated UH labor that that you can they can exploit, because that sounds that sounds a lot like everyone whining that nobody's gonna make their smoothies with the blueberries for the smoothie because nobody's there to pick them, or to clean your house or all of the jobs which clearly only fall into these menial labor descriptions that you use as examples UH in talking about why you don't like his immigration policies, because you see that as hey, who's gonna pay who's gonna I need blueberries for my smoothie. I need blueberries. Who's gonna pick them like that? That's you now, don't get me wrong.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 1: The one of the bigger problems with immigration before Joe Biden put it on steroids. But just going back to you know, really how it was working. Absolutely, both parties had people within them who were benefiting from you know this, this cheap labor often much cheaper too if it's being done off the books. That's why it was harder to kill, harder to get a handle on. And I was perfectly fine because they'd making it all or nothing. They'd be like, oh, if you're going to go after the people, go after the businesses, and like you won't do that. I'm like, yes, do that, do both those things. That's fine. But when it comes to who has been beating my brains in every time this issue comes up over creating a permanent underclass of cheap labor that you can exploit, it's you all with your veget who's gonna pick my vegetables? Crap? You know we're not gonna have let us at the store. What are you going to do? Well? One, I don't need lettuce? Ugh, the beef going to be oh, the steaks are still there. Good, But no, on a serious side, that's also not true. What you have is you're going to have in any of these industries, you're going to have a course correction because you are arbitrarily able to maintain a much lower operating costs versus other businesses. If you chose to hire people illegally to do stuff, and that was good for you. So the course correct means that whatever it is you do, the people you're going to hire are going to cost more. It'll be on par with other businesses who use lower unskilled labor. They are currently having to compete against you, and that may mean that the price of lettuce has been artificially low. If you want to go, you want to talk about vegetable stuff, but don't give me this garbage. Trump's not going to try to create a permanent underclass. How do I know it? Trump started his own university. All right, I'm just kidding. But no, it's like, this is you, this is your thing, this is projecting. So but thank you. I did ask for insane theory and you got one for me. So I appreciate that. All right, Hey, you remember how it used to be? Remember how it used to be with the school shootings, right, The scenario was basically, if somebody shoots up a school, then we find out sometimes what their motives were. Sometimes we don't release the manifesto forever for no reason that I could ever understand except politics. And then what is the other thing that almost inevitably happens. What do we inevitably find out? Not always? And sometimes it looks a little different law enforcement. He was on our radar, she was on our radar. It looks like they're gonna try something different. Now I'll explain a story out of Indiana coming up next Cacoday Radio program, asking the same questions about the Wake County schools thing. Ah, don't worry, I'll get into it. We'll get into it all. Also, Pete Counter will join us. That's coming up at eight oh five and eight oh six. I guess technically, and we'll talk about speed limits. The none of you follow anyway, so what does it matter? But yeah, a little more breathing room would be okay, after just making that drive down to Beaufort here a couple of weeks ago for that urban event. Now, a lot of that highway, right, because you know it's a straight shot, one shot on that highway. There's a lot of it where you can go seventy, but there's these weird little they have these weird little fifty five mile an hour pockets that seem to be for no reason other than police posting up or so. I don't know how it impacts any of that, but we'll get into it. But first this, I thought this was a refreshing change. A police in Indiana say they were able to thwart a Valentine's Day massacre for all practical purposes school shooting that eighteen girl was allegedly plotting at her high school, eighteen year old Trinity Shockly, which, by the way, I saw what. I understand that there has been school shooters who are trans and then the media pretended like they weren't. Do we have to immediately decide that everyone is trans? Who's doing that? I don't understand this exercise because I haven't seen anything there that other than people just writing things that they made up. And I don't know, but I don't know that it matters in this case. And here's why. Because she didn't shoot the school up. No, no, no, So he's here's what they here's what they decided to do once somebody ended up on their radar and they got a hint that this thing might be going down, they went and arrested her first, so we don't have to have the inevitable follow up store Well, yeah, she had thirty eight interactions with the Sheriff's department, like the Parkland shooter or the the the incident in Nashville where this was. She would this person was a known commodity because of some Internet postings and like, and it doesn't mean you can just sweep people up for Internet postings, but you probably should, I don't know, spend the time. And it was the FBI who gave local police the tip, so she was on their radar. And I like this way more if I had to pick between the old way of doing it, where the shooters like I'm gonna shoot up the school tells people sometimes post about it makes weird like Fetish's videos with you know, with all their you know, their tactical gear, and they're all gonna pay right and and and then they they kill a bunch of people, maybe themselves, maybe not. And then we're like, oh, yeah, oh, we were totally looking at that. We were looking at him. They went, hey, what if we arrest them first? And this worked. Yeah, she didn't murder anybody. Uh, the whole the whole story is kind of crazy too, because this girl was kind of it's a small you know, it's a small town or a small community, I should say, especially within the school. Because this girl was very much on the radar after her classmates following a rather nasty auto accident where she was she was pretty significantly injured. They held fundraisers, they did a go fund me, she was on the news, she was in the newspaper. Hey, let's tell Trinity. I think she was fifteen. She wasn't able to walk initially after it, and everybody kind of rallied around. So I don't I don't always know the beef. But her aunt says she's a loving and fun girl. Ah, clearly up for debate. But yeah, so I this is this is good. We should do this this way now, would be my opinion, my if if I I'm not in charge of anything, but if if you'll allow me to weigh in, I prefer this methodology here. So I just maybe we'll learn a little more as to what's going on there. What is it? I'm trying to see if what was the specific tip off threat. That's what I'm a little unclear. I well, something something, something at the FBI level. They went, oh, this girl's probably gonna murder a bunch of people, and and police did what police do. Because here's the thing. Most police want to arrest people before they murder everybody they got. It's like a thing for them. Yeah it's crazy, I know, but I'm not a cop, so I don't know. Yeah, they prefer not to have everyone get murdered first and then to stop that. So I've been told I kind of speak for all the officers, but I have had that mentioned to me. All right, coming up on the show, we got more judges doing whatever judges think they're supposed to do. And what what just happened at the US Attorney's Office for the Southern District of New York is pretty pretty crazy. With the letters that went back and forth. I'll try to I'll lay that out for you. Bad glad we're talking about this. You know, North Carolina. Is it's you ever try to drive all the way across the It's it's your day, that's your whole day, you know, that whole Murphy demantio thing that the politicians love. It's quite the commitment held. When I had to drive down for the Bourbon thing, I had been at our Greensboro studio all week, so I didn't just drive from Raleigh. I drove from Greensboro down to down to Beaufort there and you know that's about four four hours twenty minutes, and you know that's not even half the state. Well, Ross you guys, you just when you drove last time, you drove all the way through the Tip right into Chattanooga. How many hours? Do you remember how many hours that was. I've driven that before, but it's been years. Yeah, it's roughly. It took about forever. Yeah, just like, oh it's still more North Carolina, which is great. You know that's awesome, but it's a long way. So the idea that you cap the speed limit at seventy in the state when there's giants, swasps and stretches of rough well, it doesn't make sense for to go faster than seventy on a lot of roads, or sixty even, but for the roads that are built for it. I can't tell you the number of times I've been chugging along. Once you get out of a metro area, and you don't say you have the road to yourself, but you're not going to hit anyone unless you're an idiot. And everyone's already doing like eighty or seventy nine. Oh yeah, under ten, it'll be fine. Oh good luck. So now lawmakers are saying, well, what if we increase the speed limits? What if we always made it a little a little faster. And it's just one of a few laws that they're talking about as part of a bipartisan bill filed wednesday. In the bill, it would raise the maximum possible. And I see people are like going, oh, they're just gonna raise them. No, no, no, no. They have parameters and car counts and all. There's all. There's a whole algorithm, if you will, that is supposed to dictate speeds. I still contend that there are some wildly unnecessary, especially on that on that drive to Beaufort the other week, where it's just all of a sudden, they're like, now you're gonna go fifty five for like three hundred feet and then you can do seventy again, and and you're like, why, there's not even a you don't even have a big intersection up here where, And then I realized that's for speed traps. I'm convinced that's how they get you. But do you object to the maximum highway speed now be in seventy five in areas where it makes sense. I'm sure it would also increase the cutoff for more serious speeding charges, right, So if you increase that, we we you know, you get a I don't know they call it super speeder here, but a lot of states have that. If you're more than ten or in some cases fifteen miles over the speed limit, it's a whole different set of it's a whole different ticket, man, and you don't want that. So they would increase the cutoff from more serious speeding charges to eighty five. So you know, it's that ten mile an hour window there. And that's also why you know when people what do they call it per for judgment or whatever, where you can get the thing and they'll say it was nine or under ten or whatever. I believe it or not. I don't have a speeding ticket now I probably will because I said that I've never had one because I drive like an angel, or I don't get caught. It would be possible. Let's see here. You know, obviously I ninety five forty eighty seven in the US one lots of stretches. And then, like I said, several of the coastal roads, faster speeds could increase the risk of crashes. Again, I don't know that I've ever been. Let me ask you a question for those of you who commute into Raleigh from the south, from like Johnston County or whatever on forty where it drops the speed from seventy down to sixty or sixty five right just as you're kind of approaching, you know, the belt line there in Raleigh. Have you ever seen anyone actually slow down? I contend that nobody does because that road feel, it's so big, Right, there's what nine thousand lanes per siton. Nobody's nobody's slowing down. Oh wait, hold on, what's Boston Paul Matt about. Oh no, he's happy because he can drive his big death trap of a Winnebago fast. Or is that what you want? Is your National Lampoon's Christmas vacation Winnebago looking thing? Could that even get that fast? I contend it can't. It's probably good. So no, we're talking about normal stuff. You can you can putts along, and yes, you'll still have idiots blocking the lane. Is this well the belt line feels like it's already one hundred. Yeah. Sometimes I'm just the thing that is injurious for The thing that causes crashes that is a bigger problem is speed differentials. Right where somebody's doing fifty five and then somebody's doing eighty five right, and that's or when somebody stops right, that's when you see these crashes. The traffic comes to a halt. The person is I don't know, digging through their glove box or whatever, and then boom, they got to lock up the brakes and then people get rear ended. Right. It is that differential of speed, So I don't know that it causes that much of a problem to at five miles an hour in some of these places will then also increase the speed and some that don't get the seventy mile an hour currently. I don't know, don't know what is this? You're old, You aren't old enough to remember when it was fifty five. No, and thank God for that. That sounds awful. I'll tell you what. I what I do have experience with that. Probably not a lot of people do. I grew up in Wyoming, and even though it was after I graduated high school, I still was able to avail myself of this. When Montana did what Montana did, which, if you remember, they decided that during the day they had a speed limit. At night, but during the day they had this it was weird because the signs said reasonable and prudent. They literally had the signs, the speed limit signs that said that said it's during the day, and then at night they just maintained the same thing. So, yeah, anybody who had a fun car went up to Montana, man just blowing through there. Oh man, it was great, didn't hit anything, So you know, you're not going to do that in North Carolina. And then obviously Montana kind of undid part of that. But still people are gonna go that fast, and you know why because modern cars feel a lot more comfortable at that speed, they handle better, they got safety stuff in there. Hell, you probably a lot of cars. I've had a car where I can't rearend somebody. The car literally breaks itself, which I don't know that I like, but but it also would make all these noises and all the lights would flash, so it got your attention. If you thought you were coming up on somebody, but it literally would break itself. So if people feel comfortable, that's how fast they'll drive. Anyone who puts these things together, and I've sat in the meetings where they've explained this stuff. They like, depending on how the road looks, the level of traffic, and the comfort that people feel, they'll kind of self dictate a speed. So it doesn't make any sense if you have this like that, you know, this big, nice road, not like the Smithfield Bypass, which has literal like pits in it for some reason which I didn't realize until I drove it the other day. What's going on with that? Like you can't even drive in the right lane if you're in the if you're in the westbound going towards Raleigh, I'd like get over in the passing lane to avoid having the station vehicle get showed up by whatever the hell's happening there. And that bypass isn't that old. But once you get off, you know, past that, you get in that big wide spot, it already starts slowing you down. People don't slow down, so yeah, let them do their thing. What else is in this bill? I think that's the big one right there. Here's some numbers. So if you drive from Wilmington to Ashville three hundred and seventy miles a, you could say you could save forty minutes if they were to increase to seventy five and if not that they would tell you to do this if you decide to do eighty. Because you decide to do eighty, that's an hour and twenty minutes. So that's like, that's real deal time man. Let's see here. In an interview Thursday, official siteed a study, a recent study that found an eight and a half percent increase in traffic fatalities for every five mile an hour increase to a road speed limit. Look, you're never going to cure it. You're not going to cure distracted driving. But because some people can't responsibly drive, should I not get an hour and twenty minutes of my day back or forty minutes or whatever it is because I want to go between two faraway points in North Carolina. No, another bill would change the rules for driving while intoxicated. Well, if this passes that, I don't think this will pass. It is by partisan though it would lower the threshold for DW I to point zero five again, point zero five versus point or point yeah, point o eight to point oh five, the size of the per there's there's so many variables there. But again this is this is some people's pet project. I don't see that one passing, all right. So apparently they were doing some immigration raids around the Old Triangle yesterday and some some of the I guess some of the citizens are very upset by something that the the immigration people were doing. Not upset, I guess that they were literally arresting like I don't know, here's a trendy or ragua gangster. Probably should arrest him. No, no, no, no, it was how they were dressed apparently. Yeah, I'll read you this insane quote. We'll do it next here on the CaCO Day radio program, Cacoda program. So let me try to bring you up to speed here real quick on what's going on in New York with the the now I guess former assistant US attorney there and these letters that went back and forth. So this goes back to the area. By the way, how do you guys feel about the whole Trump Eric Adams thing? Like it is that still weird to you? With Eric Adams? And also We'll put Blogoyevitch to the side, because I've actually I've heard Blagoyevitch's position and what he says was going on at the time, and it if if he's correct, he he was being a bad boy, but not to the extent that he was then charged with. And it's it feeled, it fells, it feels retaliatory because Obama was mad he couldn't sell his former seat. That's essentially the allegations. It wasn't it was Blagoyevitch wasn't allowing Obama's people or Obama to do with the seat what they wanted. But we have him on tape saying he's going to do this other thing. But he says that was a response to that, and then he was prosecuted because he wouldn't fall in line. If you believe that, fine, let's go. Let's go to the Mayor Adams thing in New York. Adams is a Democrat, right, and on most things he had spoken out against Trump. However, there was the one issue, and the issue was that Adams correctly recognized whether he did it because it was the right thing or he felt it was a politically expedient. I don't care he recognized that this the migrant thing is a really bad deal for New York. And you're seeing what's happening right now. They're screaming bloody murder because they didn't get their fifty nine million so that they can put everybody up in that luxury hotel and give them free flights anywhere. Did you know that I saw this? They have somebody got in there and filmed some of these posters that are in there. So if you're staying at that Roosevelt Hotel in New York and you want to go for whatever reason, and it literally says that go see family. You want to be in a warmer climate. I'm quoting here, held the front desk, and they will arrange an airline ticket for you for free. That's a nice that's a nice little perk right there, man. But now the money's not there, And so what do you do in this instance? And so when Adams spoke out, all of a sudden you had and it was only after he spoke out you had this. We're gonna get Adams investigation. I don't disagree that likely the reasoning behind going after Adams was because he didn't fall in line with hold on somebody's do do do all right? Somebody's it's not my Just to be clear, sir, that's the math from the story. People are now it's too early for uh maths sir. Somebody's yeah, that's the math in the story about the time saving. I don't know. Talk to the story. You see put a bunch of numbers in an email. I zone out. So anyway back to Adams. So with Adams, I don't I believe that this hit them. Going after him was absolutely because he didn't fall in line with what the White House wanted, which was no, this is great, everything's fine, one percent.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: And And I know and I believe it because the very same office that went after him is the same office where they were openly like, we're gonna go get Trump, We're going to get people. And then they were actively not just Trump, but people around them, other conservatives and in this case Adams. I believe it was basically Ross and I have the identical looking programs, and then he when he screens your call, he puts it on there and then I can see it on my screener, and for whatever reason, my screener was like like froze or something. So I didn't know folks were holding. So I apologize. Let's get to a calls. We'll get more into the atoms stuff because I want to talk to Pete Calendar a little about it. So we'll get into the bulk of that and what happened here in just a bit. But to the phones, Janet, you're up first, Go right ahead.
Speaker 8: Okay, see, I'll tell him about the Board of Education comments. Okay, so I know what the Board of Education does and the.
Speaker 1: Department, the Department of Education right at the federal Department of Education. Just so people are.
Speaker 8: Right, yeah, yeah, right, And I know what they do, and none of it's good. Okay, they get in a way, they stop education, They put all kinds of nonsense in our schools. That Lady's absolutely right. There is a conspiracy to produce a less educated workforce. But the Democrats are behind it. It started with COVID. Okay. The schools have done nothing but look for any and every excuse to shut down ever since they're out for two days right now, tell me why is it for Valentine's Day?
Speaker 1: Well, I think it's for President's Day on Monday. Maybe because we're not Monday.
Speaker 8: And they need two days for that they need Friday in Monday Forday, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Here's here's what I know about it. I know that some mornings h Ross was like, bro, Lincoln's not in school today, and and then I go why, And then we don't always know? So I hear, I hear you there, I don't know, so right.
Speaker 8: Any and every excuse. Now, if it rains too hard, if the wind's blowing too hard, no school.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but the Department of Education is stating that they're not having school in Wake County or Guildford County or wherever, whatever county you're talking about.
Speaker 8: But the Department of Education is putting a lot of other nonsense, and the schools, like the following line, whether they.
Speaker 1: Are that's the nail on the head right there. It's just like the highway funds, where they literally would go, well, we can't really tell the states what to do. We'll just tell them we won't give them any of the money if they don't do the thing we want or the point o eight and these federal bohemos, one of their main jobs is allowing Washington under the penalty of your not getting the money that we already took from you back if you don't do this thing, so that they could social engineer. And it's why the Department of Ed would would would unelected bureaucrats would make rules saying if schools don't have proper bathrooms, or they don't have this book, or they don't teach this thing, and if you don't don't do it, you don't do exactly money. That's what it was about. That's what it's always been about.
Speaker 2: A bunch of nonsense.
Speaker 8: It doesn't matter, that doesn't but ask our kids the president's you know, my granddaughter, she's twelve years old. She wasn't for sure who the first president was at that age.
Speaker 1: They said, no, yeah, that probably I would.
Speaker 8: Think I have to make sure she knows things like that.
Speaker 1: It's pretty wild what they don't even get to with like right, which even even you know was like basic fodder for us. And they're like, somebody was telling me what they don't teach in history anymore, and it was blowing me away at their kids'.
Speaker 8: School, right, And then they mix up the things that they do teach, like, you know, my granddaughter didn't know that we lived in peace with the Indians for a couple hundred years until then Indians break the peace treaty. Maybody says anything about that anymore?
Speaker 1: Yeah, pieces, but yeah, we have to straighten out the left the plant on your child's education. Now, I just want them taught all the stuff. Look, did did the US government make agreements with Native Americans that they had no intention of honoring and then at the first opportunity basically ignore them. Yeah, teach the kids that we teach also, but also teach the kids that, you know, the Native Americans were all their own little countries in a way, and they would run around, they would literally enslave each other. Right, teach the kids this right.
Speaker 8: And yeah, by the same token, we and our own government overthrew the southern half of you know, the southern half government. We literally manufactured and distributed poison alcohol to our own citizens.
Speaker 1: Kill government, thousands of people doing that. Yeah, teach these things.
Speaker 8: Yea, our government, but are doing that to everyone?
Speaker 1: Well, I'm with you, and I think that, and thank you very much for the call their Janet. Yeah, it's when I say that I don't know what they do. I kind of know what they do, But the thing that they do that is the most nefarious is what you know, Janet was kind of hinting at there, or not hinting really, but it was. Part of her point is they use it as a mechanism of control. That's what's so much of this federal stuff about. They may do other stuff, but the control is really the nice thing, so that Washington can tell you, hey, hey, this state who doesn't want to fall in line, you better do it or you're not. You never see your money again. It's it's literally, it's like criminal gangster ish. So yeah, I'm cool. And if Triple H wants to run around and pedigree people or whatever to make the point, I'm fine. I saw somebody tweeted that they should distribute uh it was it beat funding via ladder matches. I mean that would be amusing, But okay, all right, I'm on board. Jake, whoa, jeez, hey, Jake, what's up?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 9: How's going talking about the sea limit being adjusted at Tucker?
Speaker 7: Obviously, you know what happens to a car when it gets hit by deer.
Speaker 2: I just hit one in November, and actually it hit me more than it. We hit it and damage, so I could see why.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've hit I've hit five or sixth gear two antelope in wronment. You just hit animals, it's just what you do. And I had a big ass drill guard. The one that irritated me is I had this this this high end grill guard that it was welded. It was really really sturdy. And the last year I hit with that truck and I love that truck. The deer, which was a buck with with horns on our antlers, literally ran into the side of it and then just left us scratch all the way down the side. So yeah, but in Wyoming, these were the speed limits. And I'm still here.
Speaker 7: So what Jane was talking about. What Jenn was talking about was the Department of d when they.
Speaker 1: Were controlling schools.
Speaker 2: The only schools the Department of the ever shut down for snow with Zick about Crane.
Speaker 1: No it didn't. Yeah, but that was a conspiracy just to get raw. So yeah, that's that's fair our thanks to the caller.
Speaker 4: That's a great point by Jake.
Speaker 1: Is just crazy what people retain. Man, all right, so Jake, Jake's spitting truth. Jen, what's up?
Speaker 10: Please please please? Can we have an auto bond. I was stationed in Germany for five years.
Speaker 11: And I've also lived in West Texas for about.
Speaker 10: Fifteen and nothing would make my heart more happy than having that ability.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would agree with you, although we have some really bad drivers here in North Carolina really and to many.
Speaker 10: What they do is they really drilled down on the people who are doing distracted driving, and they really drill down on the people who are camping out in the fast line. So when you're coming down the Autobahn and there's a car in your way, you flash your high beings at.
Speaker 11: Them and they must move over.
Speaker 10: If they don't and they get caught, they get hammered with fines. So they are ensuring that the safety is being upheld with the fines. And they also make sure that when you get.
Speaker 11: Your driver's license. Now this was a while back, but it.
Speaker 10: Was like two thousand dollars.
Speaker 11: For a German citizen just to get their driver's license.
Speaker 1: So they don't want that extensively.
Speaker 11: This is for the kids for kids, right, So they don't taught extensively how to drive. It's not like, you know, we're just they're just thrown out on the road.
Speaker 10: But there are places where you're going down at say seventy miles an hour, you hit a small village, you run up to a small village and they're gonna bring you down to like twenty miles an hour.
Speaker 1: So no, no, I understand that. And again they're not and thank you for the college, and they're not gonna they're not talking about getting rid of any of that. I was just more making a speed trap joke. But okay, all right, autobon, see, let's let's do this. We'll get more calls coming up. Pete Callender will join us, and we got a lot to get into. But Ray Stagic joins us first. All right, my man, three day weekend for Matalie Ross and I and probably several others. Right, so let's get some golf weather, shall we. No, okay, well, it.
Speaker 12: Got a lot colder this morning. Boy kind of slapped us in the face. We are twelve to eighteen degrees colder in around the triangle, in some spots at the airport at eighteen degrees colder. A lot of the low and mid thirties, or some twenties and low twenties the far west you go. So it is a colder star. But today is probably gonna be the best of the next couple of days because the weekend, at least most of it looks like it's gonna be a little damp and then turning colder. Although we do we got a pretty decent President's Day on Monday, it's going to be pretty chilly, so sunshine, maybe some high cloud today near fifty tonight as we head toward morning, so it's more like overnight we're down in the low thirties.
Speaker 1: And we're gonna have some rain come in.
Speaker 12: It may be give briefly as some mixed precipitation. So driving around early Saturday, take a look at your carth thermometer. If you're thirty two ish, you might want to be a little bit careful. There might be a little sleet or freezing rain with some wet snowflakes. But quickly I think to rain and right around fifty you're on either side of fifty, depending on where you are. Tomorrow Tomorrow just looks like it is going to be a damp and kind of raw day once again, will rain Tomorrow night.
Speaker 1: We could end up with close to an ech in.
Speaker 12: Some spots, maybe more west and then some showers tapering off Sunday as a cold front comes through, but at ahead of the front, gusty wins and still in the mid upper fifties on Sunday. That is, we get get to the Sunday night and the colder air coming in can have some rain and snow showers mixed before ending. And then Monday, Washington's Birthday, President's Day, people call different things, you know what I mean. Lots of sunshine and cold, low forties for high So it looks like we are going to see some cold rare come in that could set us up for maybe another winter event midweek next week, so winter back casey. You know, it looks like I think more cold than we are gonna have mild. And when it is mild Sunday, it's probably gonna be raining. So I don't think it rains all day Sunday, but Saturday looks like the worst day. And although cold, on Monday that looks like the best day of the next today, tomorrow, next four days, Today today, Monday look good.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, I guess we got to deal with it. So thank you. We'll talking an hour. I appreciate it. Like I said, we'll come back, grab whatever remaining calls there are, and Pete Calender he'll join us eight oh five coming up. CaCO Day Radio program. You know Valentine's Day, right, So that's the thing. Unfortunately, it's gonna suck, and it's Trump and the Republicans fault. So I'm very sorry. NBC News has just alerted me climate change turning Valentine's Day bitter for chocolate lovers. So the crux of it is climate emergency crisis or its actually weird? Did we just do away with climate crisis and emergency? Remember remember they're trying to get those going and now we're just going to do climate change again? Okay, all right? So basically, the cocoa prices are way up is climate change and Trump and the GOP don't want to do anything about it. So now all of our chocolate's more expensive. Now you're Valentine's Day's ruined. So sorry about that. Although some of the stuff in the story. Here's a line from the story, Uh, where is this.
Speaker 6: Do?
Speaker 1: I kind of laughed when I read this. Oh man, I just told it to Ross too. I'll paraphrass I remember what it said. Basically, they said to adapt. Some of the chocolate manufacturers are now here we go. Chocolates are being stuffed with almonds, peanut butter, and caramel to offset the cocoa cost the what what do you mean to that? That's not a new thing. That's all the best candy bars. What are you what are you talking about? Oh, they put peanut butter in my chocolate. Yeah, and then they called it a reesis and it's delicious. And also, how the hell is this Trump's fault? Because the climate change thing? Do you know where most cocoa comes from West Africa and a lot of the countries that grow it ain't real stable, which is why there's price fluctuations. But sure, absolutely so, Uh, there you go. If you don't if if you don't, uh, you don't get lucky. It's Trump's fault because the chocolate was you didn't get the chocolate because it was too much or something. Just insanity. All right, Jamal, what's up?
Speaker 9: Happy megatime day? I just want to say this, Casey, you will one hundred say it right when you will talk into janics early about the Department of Education being used as an indoctrination to push in liberal policies.
Speaker 2: And they've been doing that since the inception. Back when the inception of the Department of Education, if you looked at the time frame, a lot of people still was not okay with integration, including blacks. A lot of people try to throw this fake story of black people with marg because we wanted integration. It was a certain sect wanted integration, but it was sex that did not want integration, that wanted to have segregated schools, that said, hey, we just want the money, right we were supposed to be promised. And what the Department of Education has done is push this narrative to where students in the South, it's like Johnston County in places every like that, they have to go by a Washington, DC ideology model. That's why all the students now are the pride and you don't see too much Christian stuf. Well, you don't see too much stuff about loving America, wow, because that's what they pushed and the the problem of education does need to go away, push it back to the States, because one of the things if they was to push it back to the States, you would think a lot of this acceptance stuff will go away. And Obama, you was talking about how the Department of Education have been used Barack Obama back in twenty fourteen, right after Republicans took the Senate or spoons to allow boys in girls' bathroom or they will lose funding.
Speaker 1: Well, and then he did that was.
Speaker 2: Too off the education.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was twofold. So it was that and the Attorney General at the time, and they had previously argued they tried to reinterpret one of the pieces of civil rights legislation to conflate sex and gender, which we were always told you're not allowed to do that, and they just pretended that the word meant something else. Now they got slapped down that wasn't allowed to go forward. But you're right, Uh, they did use that at the time to dictate to the schools what they were going to do on this issue.
Speaker 13: So that is correct, and and yes and so and like I say, happy Magaton Day because President Trump is recognized that.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, I tell people, President Trump and those have done more and three weeks than the first President Trump's term.
Speaker 1: Three day weekend for a lot of folks. But the news will truck on and it will do so at a breakneck speed that I and many others are unable to keep up with because there there's just too much happening. But Pete Calender or Radio Buddy down south there and Charlotte Midday's WBT joins us. Now, Uh, do the pace of this is not slowing down, Pete. Every if I go to sleep too early, I wake up and I have to redo my whole show prep stack.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Same, that's why I just don't sleep anymore.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's a good that's good advice. That's like remember when they were like food prices are too much, you should stop eating breakfast under the last administration, so lots of right, But now.
Speaker 7: The the egg prices are so high that even Democrats have taken notice of it. I guess maybe it's just because Trump is in office.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, no, no, NBC News. Trump also is ruining Valentine's Day, so right, and yeah because chocolate prices, because inactivity on climate change.
Speaker 9: So yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it is amazing how much you can blame him for after three weeks on the job. Like the uh they were blaming him. I saw for inflation during the the House. Yeah, the Congressional House Oversight Subcommittee on DOGE and they were looking at some of the USA I D funding and stuff. And uh, the the the majority or the ranking minority member Democrat Stansbury I think was her name, Melanie Stansbury. And she's ranting and raving. You know, well, how come you guys haven't focused on inflation. I mean, I'm sitting here and now there's a headline out today from the New York Times talking about how inflation is, you know, is picking up or whatever it was. And it's like, lady, that's from the last quarter. That's your guy. Oh my god. These people are economic illiterates.
Speaker 1: I saw that Harry Sisson, idiot who was blamed. I can't remember what he was blaming Trump for, but he did the thing you know that you know on the tiktoks where you can have stuff appear behind you like it's a green screen. So he shows the document, and so the document he shows to prove his point shows that it was something that was implemented, and you know what it was. It was the Elon mut It was the Tesla contract, the contract which was awarded in December of twenty twenty four. Pete, I don't have it in front of me. Do you remember who the president was in December of twenty twenty four? Could you remember?
Speaker 7: Yes? I actually I do know who the president was. It was Hunter Biden.
Speaker 1: That is a fair assessment and an allegation in a story I read today.
Speaker 7: That's right.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's true because it kind of probably would have been amazing if you're really into like, uh, you know, like eyes wide shut kind of party, if he was in charge side.
Speaker 7: What do you what do you think the cocaine in the locker was from?
Speaker 1: No, Well, but like you saw it, and you if you didn't see it, you heard like how this guy liked to party, like if he was really in charge, crack everywhere. Nobody's got any clothes on, it's just it's sodom and gomorah.
Speaker 7: So well, but he he got clean. Remember, he got clean. That's why nobody could prosecute him for any of his crimes. That end the pardon that his dad gave him. But like, he got clean, and so we we applaud that. I applaud that. Good for him for doing that. And okay, so look, if you don't want to give it to Hunter Biden, then it goes to doctor Jilson.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, that's that's fair because the sures heck wasn't Joe Biden who was a running things right all right? Man, I saw and I saw that you interacted when I tweeted this yesterday. This is the thing. I can't you reference the Doge hearing, which was insane, right when we're like, oh, there's stuff in marbles and cats butts and then shocking them and for the low low price of ten million dollars and then everything else.
Speaker 7: And I know a bunch of people that would do it for way cheaper.
Speaker 1: Well. Yeah, it's like if you've been if you're a serial killer, but you're not there yet. You just need to get your pedigree up, you know, like at National Institute of Health, was your jam man. You go in there and be like, no, no, no, I'm doing this for science. It's fine, and and yeah.
Speaker 7: It's like Dexter. It's like a Dexter play.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because if you looked, if you go home today, uh, and you see your neighbor in the yard stuffing things in a cat's butt while it freaks out, and then shocking them like he's Michael, you're calling the cops. Here, we're gonna give you ten mili. But here's what I don't here's what I need help with. And I kind of know, but I'm amazed that we're here. I was ross and around this conversation off the air. I have not and maybe you have. I have not seen a single interview moment, little snippet where a reporter holding a piece of paper that lists one of these seventy two thousand insane expenditures. It could be the Colombian drag opera, or the trans opera or the comic book, can prove any of it and just just hold it there with it and then put the microphone in front of a Democrat lawmaker, a party officials face and go, hey, are you cool with this? Is this a good nothing?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 1: None, No, it's the easiest thing to do. And I haven't seen any.
Speaker 7: Right, and one of the things, and you've seen some of the some examples of the and you know, like this is a standard operating procedure for local newsrooms is to localize a national story. Right, you see some story it's it's blowing up nationally, so you try to find some local connection. And the News and Observer, the McClatchy papers, they got Josh Stein, the governor, for a sit down to ask him some questions and it was all about, oh my gosh, we're gonna lose NIH funding in UNC Chapel Hill and Duke University and we rely on these grants and that's it's sort of the poster child syndrome. Ed Morrissey at howdair dot com calls it that the poster child argument. I call it mont and Bailey. It's the it's the same thing. It's to highlight this good thing that we're doing over here and and ignore all of the transgender comic books in Peru, you know, like and the chopping off of genitals in Guatemala. Like, let's not focus on any of that. And so they have this entire sit down and they don't ask him a single question to defend or disavow. I call a D and D the game of D and D, but they only play it with Republicans. Could you imagine if this was a Republican led grant making process? And no, because the point here is to protect the shadow government. That's what this is. These are people that are in these agencies dolling out money to their friends, and they create a permanent infrastructure for leftism. That's why they're not asked about it because the media understands that. Media people understand that this is a no win issue for Democrats, so they just don't ask them to defend or disavow it.
Speaker 1: And more so more than just that, I'm going to go even more nefarious and maybe you're applying it. It's not just to protect the workers, it's to protect the ability of the Democrats to then stand out in front singing really bad songs. I'm sure you Torch. Audience was very mad at me for torturing.
Speaker 7: Yeah, the same. I've played it too. They got very angry.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, and they can stand there and go, hey, all the all the people are going to die in this country in Africa, six million people are going to get AIDS because you have to maintain the narrative that all of this money was for food and wells and aids, medicine and uh. And that's the moral high ground they think that they have. The problem is everyone who sees this and then doesn't see them even can see the fact that maybe we shouldn't have basically paid a due to start color revolutions almost a million dollars. Like they they can't yield that because then all of a sudden people see this and it's and I think it's a horrible strategy. Do you think it works for the Democrats pretend like none of this was happening.
Speaker 7: No, No, No, I don't think so. And I think people see right through the two things that people that Americans hate, foreign aid and corruption, right, and this has got both of them, and Democrats have managed to fake out. Yeah, the losing position on this, but it makes sense. And I would submit it's not even you said about the workers. It's not about the workers. This is about the people that manage the programs or lead up the agencies.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 7: This is where these people they move out of government posts, they get jobs lined up for them. We talked about this, I think a couple of weeks ago where Governor Roy Cooper, former governor.
Speaker 1: Get them simple Harvard.
Speaker 7: Yeah exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: So like they get these these plumb jobs lined up for them, usually a taxpayer expense. Uh, and then they are allowed to continue their political efforts which are aligned with whatever the institution that hired them. And so then they are able to you know, pay the bills, make a bunch of money, and then transition right back in. That's why this is a shadow government infrastructure that's in place. The people that move around Samantha Power right, perfect example of it. Bounces back and forth between government agency and the quote unquote non government organization back into the government, back out of the government. And this is how you have a team that's ready to go on day one. They're all just scooped up from these sinecures and just dropped into the administration. Whatever good these programs were doing has been I would jeopardized, if not completely destroyed, at this point by the corruption and graft that has occurred. And you would think that the people who are the most vocal proponents and defenders of these humanitarian projects would be the most outraged at the waste of the money that was supposed to go to the thing they claimed to care about.
Speaker 1: Right, But it's also like when they're reading off all the horrible things they're doing to the animals in that meeting, it reminded me I haven't seen a single one of these normally very vocal animal rights groups you know that. Yeah, well, they'll threaten to send a naked supermodel the front of your building, which by the way, I have asked for one every year on the radio, and they will not send a naked supermodel to the radio station in a cage. So that's a big letdown. But like it shows it, but it shows you how disingenuous the messaging is they should be losing their minds over this, and that I can at least, even though I'm annoyed that they want to get between me and my Chick fil A sandwich like they at one time in downtown Rawleigh when they were protesting. I at least I understand this is your thing, this is your passion, right and I'm going to eat my sandwich. But you do you But now it just shows you that they don't really care, not when it's the very same people who are their friends. I had ted Budd on this week and I asked him to point Blake. I said, Bro, you've been up there in Senate or house capacity since the day Trump was inaugurated, right, that's when he went into the House. So he's been there that whole time, and for the first term. Did you not see any of this? And what Bud said is this, Well, you're talking about it moneies that are allocated as far as their budget line. That then are the insane stuff happens once the money's in the account of which branch it is? Okay? Right, then why won't some Democrat come out and say that? And the reason is is because you can't use that argument because it's all Democrat party stuff that the money was going for. So it undermines your whole ideology. It's a rock and a hard place. But you've taken the worst way to deal with this, to pretend it's not happening.
Speaker 7: Right, So here's here's a fun thought experiment. See if you can identify a single one of these agencies or programs that have you know, that have come out now with this ridiculous funding, any of them aligned or associated with conservative think tanks, conservative organizations. I mean, just imagine the level of outrage if a billion dollars we're getting funneled to the Heritage Foundation, for example, to develop Project twenty twenty five. Right, Just imagine the kind of average would see if this kind of a network was set up for right wing NGOs and charities and nonprofits and such. But it's it's all one direction. This is what I mean it, Like, that's to your point. That's why they can't come out and scream about it. They have to talk about starving kids because the purpose is to is to protect all of the funding inside these agencies. And you know, not for nothing. I'm kind of ticked to Congress because, like they're up there all the doge guys found this found that, like, guys, that's your freaking job. You're the ones that were supposed to be finding all of this stuff and riding herd on it, and you're too busy out there cutting TikTok videos and getting flour speeches with nobody in attendance so you can post it up on social media for fundraising efforts, Like you're supposed to be there doing this kind of work and you obviously have not been.
Speaker 1: Literally, committees are over site committees literally literally of the individual departments. I mean, it's in the name. It's in the name.
Speaker 7: Why do we have inspectors general?
Speaker 1: Now, well we potwer we have fewer. So there's that. I'm with you one hundred percent. But you don't even just have to look up at the Feds though the Feds were part of this. You know how angry some of my listeners are. The Wake County Schools is like, hey, guys, oh man, remember that time, those several times your kids couldn't come to school because apparently it gets hot in North Carolina sometimes and we didn't have ac We need money to fix that. And I seem to remember a big pile of money was allocated for this that literally was a gift, right, yeah, we have to pay for it, but the COVID money, and it's not a small amount. And so the audacity to sit here and go, hey, if we can't start a new special tax on all of you, we're not going to be able to make sure a little Johnny doesn't freeze or burst into flames or whatever.
Speaker 7: So yeah, it's yeah, yeah, well yeah the COVID money. Well, hopefully voters are onto this and they will reject that referendum. It's insanity. Here's the thing. The politicians, especially at the local level like this, they run on promises of doing more, right, you don't, that's where you get the votes. You're like, I'm going to do this new thing, and everybody's like, ooh new thing. I like that, Oh yes, we should do something different. People rarely run on messaging that is something like hey, I'm going to manage this agency better because nobody is actually doing it in real time, right, Like that is not That's not a message you hear from people running for these offices because it's a lot of work. I mean, how big is the Wake County budget Somewhere around what's one to two billion dollars or something, right, and they don't large.
Speaker 1: Here, it's the largest in the state. It's yangs. Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, So they're like they don't care to go line by line through all of this stuff and justify all of the spending. It's just continuation budget after continuation budget, keep adding the increases, keep raising the property taxes, and then keep promoting, Oh, we have this new thing that's going to work. Meanwhile, your test scores keep dropping, right, the violence isn't being addressed. Your dropout rate sucks like all of these things. And yet yeah, nobody is raining that in. So, yeah, there should be a doge. Look at the Wait County HVAC systems.
Speaker 1: It'll pass, by the way every bond referendum I've ever seen on any of my ballots in Wake County, even if I vote no fifty times a thing will pass.
Speaker 7: But ballots for the children, casey, for the children, kids.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the kids. You can't come to school because it's hot, all right, I got a roll talk to you next to fa Thank you sir, and we will be right back. Hang on. Half hour to go, But a few things we got to get in here. So yesterday the US Navy announced that one of their Nimits class aircraft carriers. So just so we're clear on the size of this thing. They aren't the largest ships ever built. There's some cargo ships that are about five hundred feet longer, but they're the largest military ships that have ever been built. These Nimitz class aircraft carriers, they're in excess of one thousand feet, right, So I'm just saying that you notice them. Okay, you ever been ross, You ever go to an aircraft carrier, You've better be a battleship. I'm sure in North Carolina you ever been near an aircraft carrier? Up in Norfolk or in San Diego they have one you can go visit, But have you ever been next to one to see really how big these things are? It's it's crazy. And in fact, I actually was up in up near Norfolk and we were out, we were going out doing some fishing when some of the ships were leaving there and I remember thinking, and they were way in the distance. I'm like, we should not be anywhere near those because it's there. They're just that big. Well, yesterday the USS Truman ran into or collided with a merchant vessel I believe it's an Egyptian flagged merchant vessel. Yes, yeah, that's right, because Egypt's mad. Because in the story they say, don't worry, the aircraft carrier was fine. There were no reports of flooding or injuries. That's a quote from the statement. Actually, so that's good, but how do you not see that? Look, it's tough when you got big ships moving, it's tough. It's why those videos of like cruise ships hitting each other. But usually there's a mechanical thing. I don't know what was going on here, but they're not claiming it was any of that. So and and by the way, you're not going to do well against one of our naval vessels. They're pretty they're pretty beefy, and they'll kind of cut right through you. But yeah, and it happened. I guess. Let's see here, the the the carrier, which had just completed a port in Greece, was attempting. Okay, so they're at port, said, uh so the Red Seas, So they're trying to go into the Red Sea there. Okay, Yeah, I don't know, Maybe let me just sleep. And usually they you know, when you when you're in those areas, not so much for the US military craft, but for any of the other vessels. A lot of times they have what's the word. I'm thinking that they have guys who literally come on and literally like pilot, help you pilot the ship through there. They just kind of pull up in a boat, guy gets out and then they'll work you through some of these ports, just you know, so you know where to go or not to go and what what to do. Pretty common practice. So I don't know, maybe somebody screwed up on that department, but the thought to me was like, how do you not see that thing because they're they're crazy to be alongside of, and you're like, that thing's gonna float.
Speaker 8: Oh.
Speaker 1: I remember they had the aircraft carry I can't remember which one. It was, one of our new ones. There was video of them like Tokyo drifting it out of the ocean, like doing these these crazy turns in these things that I wouldn't do in a small boat. So, yeah, these things can they can definitely take a beating, all right. So we got a couple more activist judges who have let's see here, A federal judge on Thursday block Trump's executive order banning funding for child transgender drugs and surgeries. Now I want to be clear here, they didn't ban them in this order that they're challenging. The order that they're challenging is the government paying for it or having a part in it. And that's what the judge blocked. Judge Brenda Hearson granted a temporary restraining order against a pair of Trump orders, and then another judge who's from Canada originally, and then clerked for the congresswoman who represents d C but doesn't have a vote, and she never shuts up about it, and then all of a sudden was shoved into a judge ship by Biden. Towards the end, he said that all of the foreign aid expenditures need to be turned back on. So now we got what five judges, five judges who are want to find out? I guess. So again you have the Supreme Court order. I don't know that that goes far enough because of what you're seeing in places like the the the former assistant US Attorney for the Southern District who just got you're gone, So that's over the that's over it. I didn't get into this with Pete, and I wanted to, but we talked about some other stuff for too long. People are sending me all their aircraft carriers. I don't have time to read all that, but I'll look at it after. So the prosecution of Mayor Adam, there all of these things can be true. At the same time Adams did do this stuff or some of this stuff, but also the prosecution clearly was a response to him being critical of the way the Biden administration was handling the migrants. So the assistant US attorney who's heading that thing up was told by the acting age before Bondie was confirmed, but the one who was acting from the moment Trump took office, no, we're going to review all this stuff. They reviewed it, and they said, no, we're not going to go ahead and do this. So she wrote a letter, a response letter to Bondie and to Ertz is the guy's name, and the letter clearly was not for them, it was for the media. And so she wrote, you won this big diatribe trying to pretend like all of this is strictly about the rule of law. And the only reason that Trump wants this not to be a thing is he's quid pro quoting with Adam. So that Adams will not put up a fight for the immigration enforcement efforts, right, so he'll help and that may be part of it, but also it leaves out the part where the whole beef is predicated on Trump not being a fan of these get them investigations that are politically motivated, himself obviously being the victim of them. So that's why I think he's willing to do this with Adams. But since she wrote that letter saying, no, I'm gonna do whatever I want to do, and the only reason you're doing this is because quid pro quote, she used that term in the letter, which of course the media is lapped up and it's now their narrative. They just they're like, all right, well you don't work here anymore. We turned it literally center letters said you're logging doesn't work, but that's meant that. We mean that, so oh and your keys, your fob or whatever. It won't get you in the building anymore. And then they told her underlings that they're unpaid administrative and will be fired or if they felt that they were just following orders, and she made them that they need to tell the Bondi's office that and maybe they'll be retained. So and then you have the civil stuff that BONDI filed with the governor and the Attorney General up in New York. So that seems to be where they're starting. Obviously, there's a lot more of this to go. I guess my question is, so like Adams, it seems like Adams was willing to accept these things that clearly he should have been like, nah, I can't on the mayor right, these really sweet upgraded tickets things like that. But because it was political and we're trying to make the point, you don't do that. Does it kind of is it kind of like a defendant who did the thing, but there was a procedural air and in the interest of justice, they have to let him go. That's what this kind of feels like. And I don't know how comfortable people are with it, so I throw it out, but you should understand what's going on, uh, and then real quickly or actually, let's go, let's get Ray here. I'll put this story into the other thing. If he's ready to go. Are you there, Yes, sir, are here? It's going on? All right? All right? One more before I go, Uh not get up at o dark thirty for three straight days once you got good for you.
Speaker 12: Oh, just some cold, much colder this morning, a bit of rain, and then some more cold next week. And everybody's kind of teasing at a little winter weather possible here and there, especially mid to late week next week, so we'll see. We'll work on that a little more over the weekend and Tuesday. But this morning we're much colder than we were a lot of upper twenties and low thirties around. Good looking day today, but I'd say chilly is the word, as we're gonna, I think struggle to get back close to fifty degrees, so we'll stay on the cold side, and looks like even through tonight again we'll be pretty chilly, as we'll drop down mostly probably to a round but there'll be some twenties around.
Speaker 1: Tomorrow.
Speaker 12: We'll start to see the rain come in mainly second part of the day, a little bit earlier, try it in points west and a chili rain. As we're only close to fifties, some will stay many of us will probably stay in the forties where showers around on Sunday, so it probably rains through Saturday night and get a breezy and milder. We could get into the low mid sixties on Sunday before the cold front comes through, and then we're much colder by Monday, in the forties, mid to upper forties. Same thing for Tuesday, but dry. And I think by Wednesday, Wednesday night and Thursday that's gonna be that next time frame casey for potentially seeing maybe some winter weather. So weekend, Yeah, if we're going to count the three days, I think Sunday's the best. Today's pretty good too. It'll stay chilly, though, so I forget about I warned we had about a week and a half ago.
Speaker 1: It's over.
Speaker 12: It looks like it's over for at least the next seven to ten days, maybe longer.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, Well you have a good you have a happy Monday working, and we'll see you tuesdays. Okay, all right, sounds good. Have a good weekend, right, thank you, and then we'll come back chat with Jeff Bellinger and I got two stories we'll try to fit in. We'll do it next CaCO Day Radio program, Pree Day Weekend. Jeff, what's going on?
Speaker 14: Well, good morning and happy Friday. Case retail sales were what was that?
Speaker 1: I'm sorry?
Speaker 14: Retail sales were short?
Speaker 1: Go ahead and I'm sorry, I didn't hear you, okay.
Speaker 14: Retail sales were significantly weaker than expected last month, the government reporting this morning that overall sales fell nine tenths percent in January, and with auto's excluded, sales were still lower, down three tenths percent. Economists thought that metric would show a modest gain. Stock market futures have been lower all morning. Your traders just reluctant to take on a lot of risk ahead of a long weekend. Now futures down sixty five points. If you want the TikTok app on your smartphone, you can get it. The social network is back in the Apple and Google app stores. Attorney General Pam Bondy has a short Apple and Google that a TikTok ban will not be enforced right away. Apple has scheduled a product launch for next Wednesday. CEO Tim Cook says the company will introduce the newest member of the family. Sources told Bloomberg last week a new entry level iPhone was set for release this month. President Trump's effort to trim the federal workforce will likely put thousands of probationary employees on the street federal agencies or under orders from the Office of Personnel Management to lay off their probationary workers, with some exceptions. Leaders of Federal Labor Union say big layoffs are coming at the Department of Housing, at Urban Urban Development, the Forest Service, and the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, and sources say an advisor to Elon Musk's Department of Government Efficiency has paid a visit to the Internal Revenue Service. The housing market may get a little help from falling mortgage interest rates. Freddie max as the average rate on a thirty year fixed rate home loan is six point eight seven percent. That's the lowest so far this year, but of course the year is young and Casey. Speaking of housing, a Beverly Hills mansion built for the late comedian Groucho Marx is on the market. The Wall Street Journal says it's listed for nineteen and a half million dollars.
Speaker 1: Casey, I can't afford that either, So all right, all right, yeah, Jeff's not here at all. Next week. Yeah, but Monday, Monday, Monday at none of us are here. So yeah, we got that going for us, all right. A couple of things real quick. I just saw this. I'm I'm gonna actually replace one of the stories I was gonna do. North Carolina State Board of Dental Examiners is warning of a new trend people posing as dentists but performing shoddy work, in many cases doing the work inside of a shed, a garage, or inside their own home. I have a question. If you go and get your dentist in or your dental procedures done, and you show up and it's in a dude's shed and you're flanked by garden tools or whatever it is, you know that it's not a dentist, right, right? This is to be a monetary thing. Or are people like, oh no, my denis Oh yeah no, he'd saved the overhead. We're in a she shed. It's fine. Yeah, this is you know, this is is people getting the butt injections at the motel six. Right, You're just you're you're flirting with it. Probably not gonna work out, but it just struck me as kind of weird. Man. But okay, that's what people are gonna do. I can't stop them. Here's another thing you shouldn't do. Uh, police in Missouri, you're looking for the thief or thieves responsible for stealing mausoleum doors. Right, so these big ornate doors you see on mausoleums at you know, a cemetery. Uh, people jacked. I don't know if it's a scrap metal thing or something, because they look cool, especially if you go to one that has like the really ornate mausoleums, or if you've ever been to in New Orleans any of some of the New Orleans ones which they do tours with. I mean, it's pretty crazy stuff. But at the end of the day, you're stealing part of somebody's grave and then you're putting that in your house. What do you think now? You do you think that you're not going to have angry Poulter guy? I mean what what would prompt you to go, Hey, that's like you might as well steal their headstone. I understand some mausoleum, but it's that's the that's their grave, and you're stealing part of it, Like I can't you want bad juju? That's how you get it right there. So yeah, people come over and they be like, oh, my Bill, where did you get those lovely metal ornate doors. Oh you know, it's uh, just came across them and then you know, all of his plates starts spinning in the air. No, no, don't do that. Uh, please say the doors are believed to weigh between two and five hundred pounds. Some of the doors weighed five hundred pounds. Like, you know, there's a lot of effort went into this. I was looking at the picture that thing. Actually it's like weighs more than a thousand pounds, just solid piece of metal as those doors are. But it does look very nice. But yeah, you probably shouldn't decorate your home with parts of people's graves. And there's lots of lots of research on this. And then lastly, it looks like and we'll find out, the fourth installment of Captain America probably is gonna make Marvel a bunch of money or Disney or whatever. The reviews are awful, and I don't mean just like you know, the oh the angry fans who didn't get what they want and they don't like that. It's they switch a rude who captain know, Like even the woke people are saying this movie sucks, which might mean it's good. Actually, now that I think about, Washington Post gave it one and a half stars out of five. What was the rating you told me, Ross, was that ign ign was a five? Was a five out of ten, so it does not appear to be. It has a currently fifty two percent critics score on the old Rotten Tomatoes there Comparatively, uh, that score puts it around Eternals and ant Man and Wasp, Quantum mat Quantum Mania Bomb. I remember watching that movie. I didn't think it was bad. I didn't think it was good. Okay, this is average poor thing. Yeah, I don't know