Speaker 1: Rip Dum news.
Speaker 2: Didn't need advice.
Speaker 1: Who you don't have to come running just as fast as we can.
Speaker 3: Shooter's gonna help me come Man Dix is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 2: No Tom Martino.
Speaker 4: I'm Tom Martino, first and foremost happy to be alive.
Speaker 2: And thank you for being here.
Speaker 4: You know, I have the privilege of coming on the air every day as I've been doing for more than fifty years in Denver, forty five years on radio and TV and now primarily radio on my Troubleshooter Show, the longest running radio show still on the air with the same host.
Speaker 2: It is the record breaker.
Speaker 4: So if you have a problem, question or complaint, you can call us or just want to get something off your chest. The other day we were talking about data mining. In data mining, finding out as much as you can about a topic and pursuing it. A data mining where did you get my name? How did you get my name? What prompted you to call me? Businesses live and die by data mining. You want to know how did this customer come to me? And how can I keep more customers coming to me? And what did I do right or what did I do wrong? And then it occurred to me. Of all the data mining in the world, I talk to more consumers than any business.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying I have more customers than.
Speaker 4: Any business, but if you think about the consistency of you guys calling in for the last fifty years Monday through Friday in some way, shape or form. I've had a show where I've taken calls and I've cataloged them, so i have.
Speaker 5: A great.
Speaker 2: Mind to to go find things.
Speaker 4: And also, each and every day we hear from people, and I think you've seen how trends change. What used to turn on consumers years ago may not rattle their chain anymore. And businesses are all trying to do one thing, rise above the static. They're trying to stand out. That's why they do keyword searches in Google, or that's why they do crazy you know clickbait.
Speaker 2: Have you seen the clickbait where.
Speaker 4: You know, put paper look at put pennies in a paper bag and hang over your doorway. Here's why I never did find out why, by the way, because you click on that and it's not about the pennies in the bag. It's about sixteen other hacks, and you've got to go through each page. Now, the whole idea this clickbait is to keep you engaged, so you see as many ads as possible. It's never to sell just one product. Have you ever noticed this other trend? And I'm wondering if you had where you see a product on Instagram or on YouTube or anywhere you see a product and you're interested in it. I mean, you click to learn more, but they're just so that they trying to convince you so much to buy it, they never get around to selling it to you. You can't even fast forward. It makes you watch the whole damn thing. And sometimes I think, my god, I'm not wasting my time here doing this. I just want to buy it or I just want to try it. Anyway, my question to you today is how do you make buying decisions?
Speaker 2: Really? How do you?
Speaker 4: I believe we're all the same at our core and that we are not crazy, and I think here on the Troubleshooter Show, we tend to get the people who don't follow the norm.
Speaker 2: The norm is to research.
Speaker 4: The norm is to be proactive in finding businesses or products and then to close on that business or product and to get information you need to enjoy that product.
Speaker 2: Or that service.
Speaker 4: And I think a lot of us, we think the world goes crazy because we hear a few people who've done things wrong. Let's go to the phones, though, and my main goal today, I'd like to know how you formulate your buying decisions.
Speaker 2: Honest to god, I want to data mind you.
Speaker 4: I have the greatest field to mine every single day, and we can help small business find out what they're doing right or what they're doing wrong. For example, I'd love to know. And you can comment on YouTube. My morons love commenting. Or you can text me at five seven seven three nine. That's the short code and that's the short code. You just put that in and send and hit send. The text will come to me. Put Tom in there somewhere. That's the iHeart number five seven seven three nine, and then you can do my personal texting number, which is seven four mes evan eighty seven four seven nine nine nine fifty two eighty. I like to know what formulates your buying decisions, honest to goodness. You know what's great about this topic. There's no right or wrong answer. Whatever you do is the right answer because that's what you do. And I think we can educate people now Charles had an issue with an HVAC and I think the main issue, if I remember rightly, was at the price he paid. Well, actually he no, This was the one where he called Home Depot and he thought he was calling a crisis intervention program to get him a furnace at a special deal. Bo are you there? Can you fill me in on this one? And I know we have I know we have Charles on the line. Charles, you said you called a number and you thought you were getting some kind of special helpline right.
Speaker 6: Right, It was the interventioned crisis helpline and they did not help me what bit? But I would like to.
Speaker 2: Well, I think it was a scam.
Speaker 4: I don't know what this crisis intervention hotline is. It sounds like a tricky way to make sales.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's what it is. You got you hit the del right of the head because they wanted to be just said all this and all that did, and.
Speaker 4: His Home Depot the only company they referred you to. Yes, okay, I think it's some kind of sneaky marketing arm of Home Depot.
Speaker 2: What happened then?
Speaker 6: Okay, to cut out all the chase, I would like to give kudos to your what are your experts? By the day of Bo, Bob did up and beyond, went up and beyond the call of duty. He came out and he looked at the furnace that he did hear it, turned on the pilot light, and he did some other things to the to the uh furdust at the furdust works excellent.
Speaker 2: Now, okay, do we have bow?
Speaker 4: Hold on one second, do we have bow anywhere to be seen?
Speaker 2: Kachina? Is he in the studio or is he on the line or anywhere?
Speaker 7: Because not yet he's done in studio. I will try to get him on the line.
Speaker 4: All right, Why do I want you to hold on a second? And I don't want you to leave, Charles, because I want to know what the issue was. And and Charles, did this problem happen all of a sudden where you woke up and did not have heat?
Speaker 2: Did it happen all of a sudden?
Speaker 6: Well, this has been an ongoing issue that the bad that the pilot light did.
Speaker 8: Not they would not throw out no heat.
Speaker 6: It would it be cold always.
Speaker 8: In this house.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, you hold on and we'll figure out what Bo did. What he found and he's a godsend here when it comes to HVAC and mechanical problems around the house.
Speaker 2: So hang in there, Charles. I'm marketing this pending because.
Speaker 4: And this brings up another thing what I called deceitful marketing. I don't like deception in marketing where you think you're calling, like like I had someone call the other day. They called my home the other day and I happen to answer it and it said, hello, this is so and so we're scheduling inspections of the roofs in the area to make sure blah blah blah. And I said, excuse me, who are you with He tried to make it sound like, well, we're doing this and we have to make a time, not I'm a roofing company trying to get your business. And I said, excuse me, who are you with? Inspection service? Is that a county? And I knew it was, And I said, is that with the county? He goes, oh, yes, we are in this. What he said, Yes, we are in a Rapo county doing these inspections to make sure blah blah blah are up to code and this. And I said, well, but he didn't answer me, are you with the county. No, Sarah, I said, who are you with? Who is actually paying your bill? I finally figured out it was a roofing company. But I don't like deception, and a lot of these places they deceive you into thinking there's someone special or there with the government, or that this is routine just let us do it for you, and it's deception or like this what Charles called on. Charles called on a crisis intervention program for no Heat, but they were actually just working for home Depot's marketing.
Speaker 2: Are and I find it deceiving.
Speaker 4: I don't know how you people feel about it, but I find it very deceiving. Anyway, we will talk to him coming up, and I'm going to also take some other calls, So hang on please, I'm going to take a quick break and mo. My goal today is to race through calls and to get you solved.
Speaker 2: Three O three seven one three eight.
Speaker 4: Two five five fixed at twenty four to seven for your some pump service forty nine bucks. Get it before the spring rains. Well, they'll come, they'll pull the pump, adjust to clean it and tune it and it's only forty nine bucks. Fix my home dot Com book now go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content, wait time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here, fix it twenty four to seven. In addition to that, somepump for forty nine bucks. You can have your furnace your AC tuned up for thirty nine bucks before the heat. Fix my Home dot com book now, so they have the this is the home of the specials.
Speaker 2: Fix it twenty four to seven. Fix my Home dot com book now. Okay, I want to talk.
Speaker 4: I want to bring up a call first before I go anywhere else that that I want to consult. Brian Burns on Brian Burns who was a Compass insurance group Our Insurance Experts Fit two.
Speaker 2: She had some handgag shipped in.
Speaker 4: So she used a shipping company one hundred and fifty bags in ten boxes. Three of the ten boxes didn't make it to the destination.
Speaker 2: Now fit two. Who did you use to ship these?
Speaker 9: It's called.
Speaker 10: It's an individual, but it goes by.
Speaker 11: Jeppe.
Speaker 10: I think that's French cargo Jeppe.
Speaker 2: So it was okay, And where did you find When you said an individual, where'd you find?
Speaker 4: Why didn't you just go to ups or fed? Actually, why did you go to this shipping company? I never heard of him.
Speaker 10: This shipping company was reserved to me by the embassy, uh, the embassy of a Senegal a long time ago. Yes, terms of it, he does the shipping company throughout West Africa, not just one country.
Speaker 4: Okay, I got you. That's why we haven't heard from him here. Okay, what went wrong?
Speaker 10: Well, we've been working together on and off for nine years and he took ten boxes that we shipped from Dakar to the United States. But the ten boxes made it to Atlanta, and he told us that he's ready to ship it ship them to me. But out of the ten boxes, only seven made it. And out of those seven boxes, three of them were just straps. But in the boxes are very unique.
Speaker 2: Wait, three three of them. Three of them were what two? Three of them were.
Speaker 10: What strapped handbags? We make handbags and the strapped the handbags. Yeah, so three of the boxes were only strapped of the handbags.
Speaker 2: And those are the ones and those are the boxes missing.
Speaker 10: No, the boxes that I received was seven out of ten. So out of these seven boxes that I received, three of them were strapped, which means that my product, the actual product. I've only received the three or four boxes of actual products.
Speaker 4: Okay, so how many does that make out of the one hundred and fifty bags?
Speaker 10: So we did hundred n sifty bags were the initial initial estimate. So we finally opened up after making the police report, opened up the boxes and we ended up with back two hundred and ninety individual items missed altogether.
Speaker 4: Okay, so what is your question? Did you have this shipment insured?
Speaker 10: So the shipping company, I don't know if they have insurance or not.
Speaker 11: But what we do.
Speaker 10: They give us an estimate how much it costs to ship, and we pay them the money as when we receive the product, I mean once the product is in the US.
Speaker 2: But what about insurance?
Speaker 9: Fat too?
Speaker 4: What about insurance? Was insurance discussed? Did you have insurance? Is there insurance available? I mean, tell me about the insurance part.
Speaker 10: I have a business insurance, but for the shipping part, I don't have a part. Particular shipping insurance to me, that's covered by the shipping company, but I don't.
Speaker 4: That's not necessarily no, no, no, for too, it's not necessarily covered by the shipping company. But it's usually something that's discussed. What was the value of this shipment in general? What was the overall value of this shipment?
Speaker 10: So the overall value of the shipping we did not calculate, but we calculated the overall value of the items that were lost.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, give me the value of the items that were lost.
Speaker 10: That's a two hundred thousand.
Speaker 4: Wait a minute, you're saying that you lost two hundred thousand dollars in the shipping right now, who do you expect to pay for that?
Speaker 9: The chipper?
Speaker 2: And okay, good, good answer.
Speaker 4: But why Now I'm going to ask why do you think they should pay for it?
Speaker 10: Because I believe that it's stolen, and he tells me that it's lost, but I don't believe that. He said that these three boxes which are big boxes. Those are three and no.
Speaker 2: No fet two.
Speaker 4: You're you're not answering my question. I'm not asking you what he said. I am asking you. Why do you believe the shipper owes you two hundred thousand dollars for the lost items.
Speaker 10: Because the items were lost in his care?
Speaker 4: Okay, another good answer. Now I'm going to ask Brian Burns his opinion. I don't really know, Brian. If I blindly go to a shipper that I've been using for a while and I have this stuff shipped and two hundred thousand dollars, for God's sake shows up missing, who's responsible for it? My first before you even answer Brian the two, I gotta ask you a question. If that part of the shipment was two hundred, what's the value of the whole shipment?
Speaker 2: About a half a million? What was the value of this shipment.
Speaker 10: That we have to calculate because these are.
Speaker 2: Very much well, just give me give me a rough idea, Give me a rough idea. It was more than two hundred. How much was it? If you value the whole shipment, how much is it? Approximately?
Speaker 10: Well, I would say about two and eighty thousand.
Speaker 4: Okay, Okay, Now, Brian, when somebody is shipping something worth two hundred and eighty thousand, I would never ship anything of that value without making sure I had insurance for two Did you ever ask them if they had insurance?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 2: Okay. Now I want to know somethingated. Did you have a shipping contract?
Speaker 10: It didn't contract?
Speaker 4: Okay, So she has a verbal contract to ship two hundred thousand dollars is missing, Brian, you can't automatically assume, I mean, just talk about it. Do shippers have automatic insurance?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 13: Well, I mean, as you you guys, even from a smaller standpoint, if you're shipping something a lot of times they'll have some insurance automatically on it. But it's it's a very small amount. If you're going to be shipping that kind of dollar amount, you need to actually specify the amount of insurance. Now, on a commercial policy property policy, she might have even been able to call her agent and get what's called an inla marine policy that would cover if she was responsible for it during the shipping. She might have been able to get insurance since it was coming overseas. I say, maybe, but you could at least have that conversation. But I mean, I don't know who you're going to be able to go after to get this kind of money.
Speaker 4: Now, now here's one thing I will say, Fetu, I want you to make a distinction here. When we're talking about insurance, that's one thing. But when we're talking about liability, that's an or example, Fetu, that company.
Speaker 2: Could be liable to you because.
Speaker 4: They lost your shipment, meaning that if they were negligent or at fault, you can go after them. However, that doesn't mean that they have insurance for it. So insurance and liability are two separate things. People often Brian lump them together, and it really doesn't matter. Liability is if they are responsible. Insurance is covering if they are responsible, if they have the insurance.
Speaker 2: So fit two.
Speaker 13: You're barking up the two.
Speaker 2: The very first thing I want to ask you, I'm going to assume.
Speaker 4: I'm going to assume there was no insurance on this. I'm just going to assume that. But that doesn't get the company out of out of trouble. What did the company do wrong? Can you nail them for this because they still may have to pay you whether they have insurance or not.
Speaker 10: Yes, I can, well quickly, I have to say, it's your fraud, it's your plan fraud, and I have a toms of documentation. But why I'm saying this? The company have knowledged that they have the ten boxes that arrived in Atlanta. They had those ten boxes and the and three of the boxes are missing, So that makes them responsible number one.
Speaker 5: Number two?
Speaker 2: But what makes them but wait wait, wait what okay? On shipping?
Speaker 4: On shipping, you would assume that when they take control of your packages, they're responsible for them, but they may not be negligent. What if a truck was robbed? What if something happened? Does anyone know what happened to these ten boxes?
Speaker 10: So that's the investigation part. We can investigate too, because he said the back of the U haul, the U hor that they do, it's not any truck, it's a U haul. So for a you hold the back of a U har truck to to fly open and have three big boxes fall out of that, it didn't have a traffic jamp. No, But he has anything, has seen anything that's possible.
Speaker 4: So are you saying that three are you saying the ten boxes that are missing, ten of them, that some of them fell out of the truck.
Speaker 10: That's what you say, but I'm saying that that's that's a lie.
Speaker 2: Well, I would say they would be liable if they if they packed the truck and three of them fell out of the truck. Look at your best bet is not to try to get insurance because you don't have any contract. You can't just walk up to an insurance company and say I want you to cover this.
Speaker 4: What you need to do is sue the shipping company. Does the shipping company have any money? Is the guy rich? Does he have anything? Does he own a building? Is he worth going after? Can he cover two hundred thousand losses?
Speaker 8: He has?
Speaker 10: He has a lot of business is going on, But I don't know how much money he has. But I can tell you Tom that the reason I'm saying is the feelings we when we pack our products, we don't pack we had no lines, multiple decent lines. We don't pack all of the one line in one box. So we as if divide our line into multiple boxes, because we assume that if something happens to one of the books and that one's box happened to be one total, one complete line, will lose all that line to avoid it.
Speaker 4: No, I get it, I get it. You divide the shipment. You divide the shipment up. But we need to reduce this to the simplest common denominator set two. I think you're looking about this.
Speaker 2: The whole way.
Speaker 4: You're running after insurance companies, and you shouldn't be. You have no contract with any insurance company, and.
Speaker 2: You can't create one out of thin air.
Speaker 4: And you can't go after an insurance company because you think the company should have had it. So hold on and I'll give you what I would do you coming up, Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 5: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 4: Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 4: So fit two first contacted us because part of her shipment from Senegal Africa was is missing. It's worth about two hundred thousand, So she's assuming there's insurance. Now, Brian burns, I want to talk about insurance. What if there is insurance he doesn't know? How does she find out if there is insurance? How does anyone find out.
Speaker 13: Exactly what you're talking about? Doing you see them because at that point they'll get their insurance involved that it is there. But if she just tries to call them or you know, he doesn't have to answer her question of whether there's insurance. But if she wants to make sure the insurance gets involved, if there is any you would you would do exactly what you were talking about, figure out liability and then sue.
Speaker 4: It's it's unfortunate. Brian is with Compass Insurance Group. And Brian, even if he does have insurance, it may not cover this, right, I mean there are different go ahead.
Speaker 13: Well, they might they might say that he's not negligent, and in my opinion, it would shock me if there's not some sort of contract. Whether she said this is just verbal, but if this is a legitimate company, there's probably a contract that limits his liability on the items that are shipped. It's really going to be on a person shipping the items. If they have that kind of value, they need to ensure that. They need to specify insurance for it.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Brian.
Speaker 4: By the way, that's home of the insurance checkup, where they'll review your insurance to make sure you're not out of whack with insurance paying too much or maybe under insured or whatever. Three oh three nine nine six nine thousand. Now here's what I would do. Okay, you're not going to like it for two because you got very you got a really bad situation.
Speaker 2: You don't have a contract.
Speaker 4: You have a shipper in Senegal, Africa, so now you have to prove the shipper was negligent. If the shipper was negligent, you need to sue them for the value. You're going after insurance. Don't go after insurance. It's not an insurance item. It's a negligence claim. You're claiming the.
Speaker 2: Shipper was legit. You're going to do that in Senegal.
Speaker 14: Thank you, Tom.
Speaker 10: I just wanted to take Okay, I'm not going after the insurance, but I'm going to after the company because I believe that they've stole it.
Speaker 2: That's what you do.
Speaker 4: You go after the company in Senegal for negligence. And I don't know what their laws are, but good luck, it's gonna be hard. It's going to be a very, very very difficult one. And by the way, this is not just for exotic handbags or anything, but people. You need to think in terms of shipping. We all have things shipped, whether it be Amazon or eBay or whatever. Have you ever looked into shipping, because you know, there's an age old problem. Who owns the property when you buy something on Amazon or on eBay or another service and it shipped you and it doesn't get to you. Is it yours when they hand it over to the shipper and now it's your responsibility or is it still their responsibility until you put your hands on it. I have an answer for that, but I want you to tell me whose property is it? Okay, you see it online, you buy it, they pack it up and hand it over to the shipper, and it never makes it to you.
Speaker 2: Was that contract fulfilled?
Speaker 4: And now you're screwed because you have to find out where your package went? Or is it not yours until you pick it up at your door? What do you think The answer is going to surprise you? You know why because the answer is it's your product. Once you buy it. When they hand it over to the shipper, it's yours. So you have to make sure unless the contract specifies otherwise. But when you go online and buy it and it says congratulations or shipping in progress, they're shipping your package. All right, Deputy Bow is on now and we're going to follow this problem up.
Speaker 2: Deputy Bow.
Speaker 4: What I really do know is that this guy thought he was dealing with some kind of crisis hotline. It was just some kind of fancy marketing ploy by home depot. I don't mind that, but it's kind of weird. Charles did not get the service he wanted, and you said you would take a look at it.
Speaker 2: What did you find? He needed a furnace, but you went over and made his furnace work. Tell me about it, right.
Speaker 15: He did call this energy outreach. I didn't investigate that. Apparently by making a call, the home Depot sent out an HVAC company and they told him that the parts of their parts were not available for the furnace and quoted him. I believe it was sixty nine dollars and Charles, being a disabled person on low income, has not had heat for two months.
Speaker 9: I went over there last Saturday.
Speaker 15: He took my order with me to help me, went over there, checked it all out. The contractor removed the heating access door, so I couldn't I couldn't properly light it. So I actually borrowed a borrowed some parts from another furnace in my rental. Was able to put it together, clean the pilot, and we got and I did a carbon monoxide test and a gas leak test, and basically we got charles furnace up and running. And I told Charles, the parts are certainly available to the unit. So I believe we, you know we The troubleshooter shows eight named sixty nine dollars from a new furnace.
Speaker 2: My god, bo what did it turn out to be.
Speaker 15: A dirty pilot? And I cleaned it from a couple and I replaced the burner access store, which I believe whoever was out there purposely removed it to disable the unit.
Speaker 2: And you stick, what would that have cost on the open market?
Speaker 15: Fifteen hundred bucks?
Speaker 9: Maybe that with all.
Speaker 4: The work, Okay, so around fifteen hundred And they quoted him sixty nine hundred, yes, And they said that even at that the parts are not readily available.
Speaker 15: Well, they weren't interested in repaying it because they told Charles. Charles will tell you they told him that they cannot repair the furnace because they said that puts for the Internet is no longer available.
Speaker 2: So the sixty nine hundred was for a replacement for a brand new.
Speaker 15: Furnace, and Charles just couldn't afford it. He's on a fixed income, you know.
Speaker 4: Deputy Bow, Yes, you know you did a great job. Again, man, I'm down here knocking out of the park with these things.
Speaker 15: And I'm also going to stand Charles the lift of the available parts and Kathy has trouble and if future he will know that parts are available. It's a refurnas some parts are still available. It was just a pretty easy repair.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Thank you.
Speaker 4: Very much, Charles, thank you. I got to take a break. We have more coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven seven to one. Help you'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martine, Let's start with Tricia and Car Toys. Hello Tricia, what's going on?
Speaker 8: Hi?
Speaker 12: Tom?
Speaker 4: So.
Speaker 12: I had gone to Car Toys to get a new car radio and I was driving two friends house going about sixty five on Highley thirty six when my hood flew open and I tried contacting Car Toys and they said that they looked at the footage. They keep telling me they never opened up the hood, but I personally don't believe them. When I asked them if they could send me the security footage, they said the only way that they can send the footage to anyone is if they open a police investigation.
Speaker 4: Well that's not true. I mean that might be their policy, you know what I mean? They might have an internal policy that says we don't give you footage unless there's a claim. But Tricia, I want to ask a little I want to ask a few questions. You picked up your car for cars from Car Toys and how long did you drive it?
Speaker 2: Before the hood opened.
Speaker 12: I think about fifteen minutes or so. I'm not one hundred per cent sure.
Speaker 2: So it was right when you picked it up.
Speaker 12: Pretty much. Yeah, I got them too. I twenty five to thirty six.
Speaker 2: And how fast were you going.
Speaker 12: On thirty six? I was going about sixty five about that.
Speaker 4: Don't you have an emergency latch that keeps it latched even if it opens?
Speaker 12: I'm supposed to, but my dad actually looked the latch and plug.
Speaker 16: The bolts were missing for some reason.
Speaker 4: But it was there before you took it in. Yep, all right, I want you to hold on, Trisia. This sounds like too much of a coincidence. I can't see how they could just turn their back on you completely.
Speaker 2: To hold on, we'll talk about it.
Speaker 4: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Rit tough.
Speaker 2: News needs who you don't have?
Speaker 1: Run anxious as fast as you can.
Speaker 2: Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 8: Come man, This is.
Speaker 3: The Troubleshooter Show. Now, Tom Martino, Hey, Hey, hey.
Speaker 4: Tom Martino here, and we've been solving problems, answering questions, taking complaints, making your life a little easier, as we've done for forty five years. Listen, there's something I got to bring up because it comes up all the time.
Speaker 2: Shipping.
Speaker 4: Don't assume when you ship something it's automatically covered. It's automatically covered by the shipper, or by you or by someone else. And when do you own something Do you own it when you make the transaction or do you own it when you get delivered? For example, if you make a transaction online and they ship it and it doesn't get to you, whose.
Speaker 2: Problem is it?
Speaker 4: It's your problem unless you make a contract that's fulfilled upon receipt of it at your door, it's really your problem. Now, Amazon kind of takes the risk out of it because Amazon makes it so if they ship something and you don't get it, they'll send it out again. Amazon is really in a class all by itself. But if you're ever dealing online, for example, we've had this happen from peer to peer transactions. Somebody buys something in North Carolina and John Smith goes and puts something in a box and takes it to FedEx.
Speaker 2: FedEx never delivers it. It's lost.
Speaker 4: That's your problem, that's not John Smith's problem. Unless John Smith never took it to FedEx. That's a whole different ballgame. That's why you want to receipt. But shipping we always take for granted, and we shouldn't. We should look into everything we buy if it's important, and who's ensuring it and who's responsible for it until you get it in your hands. All right now, Tricia said she had a car radio put in at Car Toys and was on the highway within fifteen minutes or so and her hood flew open. Now that's too much of a coincidence, Tricia, What do they say?
Speaker 14: They kept telling me by it wasn't their fault that they never opened up the hood at all, even though I know they would have to disconnect the battery to do any electrical work in any car.
Speaker 2: What kind of car do you have?
Speaker 12: It's a two thousand and two Canday XT three fifty.
Speaker 2: Okay, now what harm did it do?
Speaker 12: Currently? My hoot is bend in half and it will not latch again. I also have a giant dent in the top of my car.
Speaker 2: How much is this all going to cost to fix?
Speaker 12: I'm not sure. I haven't gone to a body shop yet. Just because we've been trying to work with their insurance on trying to cover it.
Speaker 2: What does their insurance say?
Speaker 12: Their insurance has not contacted me at all. They keep telling me they're putting in a claim, but nobody's contacted me about anything.
Speaker 4: Tricia, I would handle this by getting an estimate, and if it's under seventy five hundred, I would take the car toys to small claims court. As soon as you file that, they have to put submit it to their insurance and they won't ignore you.
Speaker 2: I don't see now.
Speaker 4: Now they claim they have videotape and they've never opened the hood of your car, right, And they said the only way you get the videotape is if there's a case. So if you file a case in small claims court, you can subpoena that tape, but that tape has to be I don't know, Like they have a static cam on that car that shows the hood was closed the whole time.
Speaker 2: I mean that seems that seems weird to me.
Speaker 12: Yeah, they're saying that they have security cameras in their garages and they.
Speaker 16: Were looking at that right right.
Speaker 4: I understand what they're saying, but it seems me there's too much of a coincidence. I mean, you've driven around in that car for a while and never had a problem. But what I still don't understand is why the safety latch did not catch it. Did you not have a safety latch on your car?
Speaker 12: I don't know for sure. I'm like ninety nine percent sure it does, though, because I'm pretty sure every single car has a security latch.
Speaker 2: Well they're supposed to.
Speaker 4: So if it comes loose, you still have to reach your hand in there to open the hood.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's what I have to do, well, I know.
Speaker 2: But so there still is a safety latch there.
Speaker 12: Yeah, there is a safety latch. Now that you explain that to me, I do have to reach under the car and hit a latch to open it all.
Speaker 4: The way okay, okay, you pull a cord or something, or you pull an activator in the cockpit, or press a button that pops the hood. Then you go out and put your fingers in there and open it.
Speaker 2: Is that how you do it?
Speaker 17: Exactly?
Speaker 12: That's exactly how I do it.
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 4: Right now? How closed does your hood get? Are you able to drive your car?
Speaker 12: The only way I'm able to drive my car right now is because a cop actually came to the highway and tied it down with a rope, and I can't go over forty or fifty miles an hour.
Speaker 4: All right, I want you to I don't know how we figure. Who do we ask about installing a radio? Let's ask Kevin Colkin? Okay, did they do electrical work? I want to ask one of our experts. Can you install a radio? What did you have done? Did you have a new antenna put on it too? Or just a radio?
Speaker 12: It was just a radio. I'm only using it for Bluetooth.
Speaker 4: And are you claiming that they had to do something you said to get to the battery? What what are you What did you say in the beginning.
Speaker 12: They have to open up the hood and disconnect the battery. So that if they why any wires are not.
Speaker 16: Going to recopuite themselves?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well they Okay, I don't know if they have to. Let's ask Kevin. Okay, hold on, Trish and we'll come back to you. So, Kachina, I want you to call Kevin Caulkin just if he has a comment on this, since they do electrical work. They do electrical work at Shared and Auto Tech. Steve, what is your issue with Wells Fargo?
Speaker 9: Steve, Hello, Tom, well boy. I bought a truck I had fifteen years ago, and it was financed through Wells Fargo. That's who they used at the time, local dealership. Over a period of about another five or six years, I kept getting these residual checks where they charged me for insurance which wasn't necessarily they charged me wrong interest rate, whatever. But it comes down to I got a letter in the mail the other day David May seventh. David sent out a cash heres check in April or April of twenty twenty one. I never received it.
Speaker 2: Now here's what I want to ask him. I'm a little confused here. I'm a little confused, So help me out. Did you buy your truck new fifteen years ago.
Speaker 9: No, it was a youth truck at the local local Dodge dealer.
Speaker 4: Okay, And when you bought it fifteen years ago? How long was your loan?
Speaker 9: I believe it was a four year loan. Again, I hardly remem mean I remember, I can't about it.
Speaker 4: So you bought a truck fifteen years ago and took out a four year loan and took out a four year loan with Wells Fargo.
Speaker 2: Yes, and then what happened? Okay, I got it and then you paid it off?
Speaker 9: You I paid it off.
Speaker 2: You paid it off, and then what you should be done with? And then what?
Speaker 9: Well, that's right? But then I kept getting these letters of checks in the mail, the one.
Speaker 4: Okay, but how long after hold on, Steve, after you paid off your truck, you paid off your truck, roughly ten years ago. After you paid off your truck, when did you start receiving those checks?
Speaker 9: I would say within three to four months? And again, the last one was issued on April. I'm sorry, August thirtieth, twenty twenty one. I was supposed to the last, the one I'm worried about.
Speaker 2: And what were they called refund checks?
Speaker 9: Well, there's little letters that we had miscapculated the interest? Was I one of them? As I remember, they overcharged me interest or something because when I paid it off, I paid it full before loans.
Speaker 2: Well, there was a class action lawsuit?
Speaker 4: Did they mention this was in payment of a class action lawsuit that you may have been part of?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 9: I don't remember. I do remember kell was for insurance because I had insurance on the vehicle. But they went ahead and charged me insurance anyway.
Speaker 4: All right, Okay, Now what I want to know is this is Jay, How much were those checks each one?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: Were they for one thousand bucks? Two hundred?
Speaker 9: I think the highest one was the two or three hundred dollars for the insurance. All the others were like fifty thirty five, twenty five. They're just very small.
Speaker 2: Okay, got it? Okay? And now why are you concerned if the check?
Speaker 4: First of all, you bought the truck, you paid it off. Why are you concerned that the check stopped?
Speaker 17: Okay?
Speaker 9: No, No, not concerned the check stopped. I received a letter on May seventh stating that on August thirty five, thirtieth, twenty twenty one, I was issued a cash your's check for some baby that's what was on what it was for? And it was never been cashed? Well, I never got the check.
Speaker 4: Okay, so Steve, Wells Fargo called you and said you never cashed the check.
Speaker 9: Well, last year I got a letter from the Unclaimed Property Department.
Speaker 2: And are you positive it is from Wells Fargo the letter?
Speaker 9: Oh absolutely. I spent an hour and a half at Wells Fargo yesterday trying to get this straightened out, and they they and how.
Speaker 2: Much is the check for?
Speaker 9: It was? Fact?
Speaker 2: How much is it?
Speaker 9: Four dollars and sixty two thirty one dollars and sixty two cents.
Speaker 2: That's what we're chasing right now. Thirty one bucks.
Speaker 4: Yes, So this whole thing you're going through is to get a check for thirty one dollars cashed.
Speaker 9: Well know, yeah, I mean I just I went to the bank and I explained something on this letter.
Speaker 4: What was it for? Why did Phil's Fargo? Why did they issue this thirty one dollar check?
Speaker 9: I have no idea again that is this issued four years ago.
Speaker 4: I don't mean I'm not making fun of you or anything, Seve, but how important is it that you get this thirty one dollars?
Speaker 9: Oh, it's not that important. It's just that I followed their rules. Okay, honestly, hey, I just go down, like the letter said, do what I need to do and get it. And that's when it turned into this hour and a half fiasco.
Speaker 2: And all you want to know is where did the check go?
Speaker 9: No, if I can read you something on this letter, it might help it. Go ahead, read it. Okay, there's a thing that says what you need to do? What do I need to do? The one that says is, you know on have the cashiers checking your possession, bring this letter to your nearest Wells Fargo branch to place the stop payment on the item and claim the funds. So that's all I did. I just drove down to the bank and figured out give them this letter and no, give me the funds and I'll be done. Well, now they're saying that they can't do what this letter. They cannot issue the funds even though the letter says they can, they won't do it.
Speaker 2: At Charles, And what reason do they What reason do they give that they can just give you the money?
Speaker 9: Said that they just they're not allowed to. Well, one of the things they said, they're not allowed to issue a cashiers check to anybody who does not have an account with them.
Speaker 2: And they what is the thirty for?
Speaker 9: I have no idea. It's just I say the check again. I got these regidual checks that were usually for maybe the class option. I don't know. I have no idea what this one was for because I never received it.
Speaker 2: So let me let me ask you this again.
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't mind helping you a little here, but it's thirty one dollars?
Speaker 2: How how if you just forgot about it? How would it.
Speaker 4: Change your life if you just said, you know what, this is not worth the hassle?
Speaker 2: Okay, you're just it's just kind of curious.
Speaker 1: Bo.
Speaker 2: Did I hear you chiming in or somebody? No? This is dollar Charles. Have you tried a dollar? Go ahead?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, Steve, Have you tried checking with a great Colorado payback.
Speaker 9: Chack? That was going to be my next thing, but apparently I have till June twenty. First you get to settled through Wells Fargo. Then they said it'll be translated to state known as achievement. If I'm pronouncing that right's.
Speaker 2: Corrects cheap cheap funds. In fact, yes, I think that would be easier to deal with.
Speaker 4: It's easier to deal with the escheat Funds than it is the bank. Once it goes to the state Treasurer as an unclaimed fund, you can do it all online.
Speaker 2: They're very easy to deal with. I would let it go to.
Speaker 4: The Eschiet Funds because here's what they're doing right now. They don't know where the check is and they're going to stop payment on it.
Speaker 2: But they're going to.
Speaker 4: But I don't know why they don't just do it for you. I really don't seeve I who knows what the hell I tell them?
Speaker 9: I hate to use the old ciche. It's the principle of a thing that you know I did. I followed their their rules, their laws, their policy, whatever you want to call it, to the letter, and they're refusing to honor it. So that's a big thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 4: I would like if you could, could you give us a copy of that letter that says, if you don't have it, take this letter to a nearby bank.
Speaker 2: Do you have that letter?
Speaker 9: Yeah? I took them. I took it on my cell phone, so but they're eligible. I'm tay readable. So uh where do I where do I want me to sound?
Speaker 4: I'm gonna put you on hold and tell you and Deputy Dollar Dollar, I'd like you to call the bank and simply ask them why won't they honor it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, it's their check. It makes no sense at all.
Speaker 4: There's I mean, it's ridiculous and this guy is running around for thirty one bucks. Hold on, bro, I gotta take a break, all right? Three oh three seven to one three talk seven one three eight two five five. You heard me talk about fix at twenty four to seven. And there's a reason they're into preventive care. That's what they do for thirty nine bucks.
Speaker 2: Get your ac deep cleaned of debris and dirt, the number one killer of aces, and they'll make sure there's a no breakdown guarantee through the entire cooling season. Now they dismantle this ac and clean each and every crack and crevice. That's fix At twenty four to seven. Now you can also have a sumpump done for forty nine bucks. So it's fixmihome dot com book.
Speaker 4: Now go with a sure thing Denver's best rufer excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 5: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 2: Time for an insurance check.
Speaker 4: Up free no obligation comparison call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Rchino, you're troubleshooter three O three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 2: So what are we gonna do? Kevin Callkin is with.
Speaker 4: Us, our auto expert at Shardanauto tech dot com. Kevin, she had a radio Trisha installed at car Toys. It's a new radio. I assume it was replacing one, right.
Speaker 9: Tricia, That's correct, ye.
Speaker 4: And she's driving home after installation and her hood pops open on the highway within fifteen minutes. That sounds like too much of a coincidence, but they tell her, Tricia, we never opened your hood or touched your hood to install the radio. And I'd like to know from you is that would that be normal?
Speaker 11: Now?
Speaker 18: Because typically you're going to access the battery or some sort of a power source and fuses or something depending on the car.
Speaker 9: But yeah, no, I disagree. I think they definitely have the hood open.
Speaker 4: Yes, uh huh, so, Tricia, he's on your side. Okay, that's going to be good. That's gonna be good for small claims court. If you go to small claims court, you're gonna have to make the case that they had the hood open. They never closed it. You never had a problem with your hood before. But I mean, that's all you can do. And they're gonna deny it. And they say they have videotape, Kevin, They say they have tape of it closed the whole time.
Speaker 18: Okay, Well, I'd like to know they had to apply power from somewhere.
Speaker 4: Can't they tap into the existing Okay, if there's a fuse panel in the cabin, can't they access the fuse panel without going to the battery.
Speaker 18: Yeah, most of the fuse panels are under the hood anymore.
Speaker 2: Though, what year is this car, Trish?
Speaker 9: It may not be. Yeah, it's an older one.
Speaker 4: So it might be in the in the what you know, what, can you drive your car, Trish?
Speaker 12: I can, but I cannot take highways or any like roads that go over fifty miles an hour.
Speaker 2: What part of town are you in?
Speaker 12: I mean edge Water by Flown's Lake, but I actually work.
Speaker 16: In Littleton, Okay.
Speaker 4: I wonder if you could drive by one day to share it in auto tech and simply have them eyeball it and they can tell in a heartbeat whether or not they had to up in the hood. Sure they they can tell by looking at it. It will only take a few minutes. So I'll have Katschina hook you up with Shardan Auto Tech for a quick, free inspection. And that's Shardan Auto Tech dot com three oh three, four five, five seventy two forty two. I think that's the best thing we can do at this point, Kevin. Do people disconnect batteries when they work on electrical or not anymore?
Speaker 9: A lot? You should?
Speaker 18: I mean you should when you're doing that, because you can have volta spikes of all kinds when you have wires accessed and everything else. So that's the first thing we do, is to disconnect the battery.
Speaker 2: Really, and do you just connect the negative or the positive? Oh?
Speaker 18: Either one?
Speaker 9: Whatever is? It is?
Speaker 18: Typically the negative, you know, just so we don't, okay.
Speaker 9: Leave the circuit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, So Chris, he's on He's on Colfax west of Wadsworth and you'll find it easily if you go to share it in autotech dot com.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Kevin. I think more and more people.
Speaker 4: I mean, first of all, it's very easy. You're working under the hood. You close it, it doesn't really latch, and then those safety latches are supposed to hold it. But if you get highway winds underneath that, there's the possibility you're going to blow it open, right keV.
Speaker 18: Sure, absolutely, and things happen. I mean, people make mistakes. It's not uncommon and not unheard of us. So yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 4: But they were quick to say they had a videotape. I'd love to see it I had. Yeah, So thanks keV. Let's do that first church before we do anything else. Let's let Kevin take a look at it, see what he says, and then we'll contact car toys for you before you go to small claims court. I think you're gonna win, though, as I said, there's no such thing as coincidences. Three oh three seven to one three talk seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 2: We have open lines.
Speaker 4: You can call about any problem, question or complaint and renew Home Innovations is here to put in walk in showers with Sheep porcelain. The reason I mentioned that they can do other solid surfaces, but sheep porcelain is the most beautiful product and what I love about it is they can do it in two or three days. You have a beautiful customized walk in shower, perimeter drains, no shower doors, benches, grab bars, everything you need, and you have years to pay on certain repayment options. Renew home Innovations dot com three oh three nine zero four two thousand. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 5: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 4: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: Hi Tom Martino here three oh three seven one three talks seven one three two five five Hey Steve is with a Steve Moss.
Speaker 4: He's the one I wrote our theme song. He also writes a lot of jingles around town. He's in the media business.
Speaker 2: He also has a brewery. You know, he's a micro brewer.
Speaker 4: I think they call it where you know, small batches, and his beer is getting very popular. You know, Steve, at what point do you no longer become a micro brewer?
Speaker 2: How many what do you have to produce to be a regular brewer.
Speaker 17: That's I think just a common term. Micro brewery actually refers to when you just distribute. A brew pub would be more of where somebody comes there and drives your beer and they have a you know, a casting room. We have a chasting license, so ours is in a beer garden. You're not allowed to go in the building, but you can see the brewery. It's not compliant yet, but it's it's really really nice. Actually it's turning out super good. This will be our fourth weekend coming up and we're doing beer bags and barbecue.
Speaker 2: And you go go to Rockyear, what beer bags?
Speaker 17: It's beer bags and barbecue, corn hole tournament.
Speaker 9: So it's okay, I'm giving away.
Speaker 17: You're not gonna believe what I'm giving away because I want to get people to come here that we've been having a return customers. It's a cornwall tournament and it's going to be just fun. It's not like you know, serious where people are coming here. But you can win five hundred dollars. If we sell out, we'll have enough prize money for the first first place to be five hundred dollars and third place would be one hundred dollars, second place to be two hundred dollars. But I'm going to offer something for your audience only if they register for this on rocknroll Dot Beer and go to the you know, register for the seventy five dollars, but you get the seventy five dollars, You get admission to the tournament, You get Famous Stays catered barbecue, a complete meal, not just a sandwich, and you get a VIP NASCAR ticket to Colorado National Steaedway.
Speaker 9: Plus you get a free beer.
Speaker 17: And with your audience, if the next five people that register, I will also give them a Rock and Roll bery hat, really nice embroidered.
Speaker 9: Hat with our logo on the hat.
Speaker 4: Now, and that's what is a beer for those of us. For those of us that are not hip. What is a beer garden?
Speaker 17: It's basically, it's really really nice. We have seating for everyone, really nice umbrellas. When it gets stark, we have a you know, lighting for it and everything. But it's it's really a nice area. We have corner hole games obviously, we have other games that you know, you can play, and it's just a really nice enclosed privacy fence a brewery situation. We have Harley's on display.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 17: It's just it's really cool. You have to kind of come here to see how cool it is. With sixteen beers, craft beers to choose from. I mean that's unheard of for a small brewery. We're only a seven barrel brewery. We have sixteen beers, anything from blacks to stout, you know, chocolate stout to you know, laggers, pilsners, flavored beers like mango beer, lemon, wheat, blood orange, we have some with plumb in it. We have you know, it's nothing but good reviews.
Speaker 2: When people come here, they and how do people find out more?
Speaker 17: Rock and roll dot Beer dot com rock and Roll dot Beer. Go to the appointment page and you can make an appointment of beer Garden. You don't have to make an apployment, but it's wise to do that.
Speaker 9: We have a limited space.
Speaker 17: But join the tournament. Just go to the appointment page or actually the homepage. It'll point you right to joining and seventy five dollars gets you about seventy five dollars worth of stuff, plus you have a fun day of born Hall and he can win some money.
Speaker 2: Hey didn't Mark and Sussan drop in on your garden?
Speaker 17: Yeah? Mark, What did you say, Tom?
Speaker 4: Yeah didn't they? I thought I thought he did a YouTube video from there.
Speaker 9: Yes he did.
Speaker 17: They went there and they tried, you know, some different various They love them, and they.
Speaker 11: Go to a lot of brewery's.
Speaker 17: But I'm going to tell you I have people coming here from brewing associations from very far away in Colorado across the you know, in Grand Junction, Colorado Springs, Pueblo, way up north, and you know, they get into this and they always want to try a different bury. It's nothing but good reviews. I've been doing it since nineteen Steve, I mean, so, Steve, do they.
Speaker 4: Have national contests where you can enter your beers?
Speaker 17: They do. I just don't get in the pat anymore, you know, The only thing I care about is what my customers like. That's what I like, you know, I mean, I used to do that stuff. I do have many awards dating back to the eighties and nineties. I'm written up in Michael Jackson's book Touring the United States. He's a beer expert from England, and you.
Speaker 9: Know, so I have a pretty good history here, all right.
Speaker 4: Steve Moss rockn Roll dot Beer. He's also a pretty fun composer. People have heard his jingles and they're all over the radio and TV stations. So Steve, we really appreciate it. And I'm going to drop in one day, and I want to make that literally drop in when I can. I'm gonna get back on my feet, have helicopter good.
Speaker 2: On my feet.
Speaker 4: I got to earn my medical back after this hillacious surgery, and I will absolutely drop in. So thank you very much, Steve, appreciate it. Three oh three seven one three talk three o three seven one three eight two five five. I think of some flavors you'd like to see. He's got all kinds of weird flavors. I wonder if he's ever done watermelon beer. Hey, Steve, have you ever done a watermelon base. Oh did he hang out?
Speaker 2: Did he leave? If he did, I'm wondering what durn she does a lot of really interesting flavors. I'm wondering if anyone's like I'm Tom Martinez. We have more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 4: Go with a sure Thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 5: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 4: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Ritt.
Speaker 1: News. So you don't have come run anxious as fast as you can.
Speaker 2: Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 1: Come man, This is.
Speaker 3: The Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 4: Now, Tom Martino, Hi, Tom Martino here, this is the Troubleshooter Show. Thank you for being here, solving problems, answering questions, taking complaints, and making your life a little easier. That's what we do here and we'll we'll continue to do so all you have to do is give us a call three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. I have some interesting text messages people are talking about and they want to know about buying American. They say that they see nothing cheaper about buying American and nothing to incentivize them, and they go buy the individual product, not by where it's purchased. They don't use their dollars to vote politically. When it comes to that, some people go so far as to seek out American goods, but very few of them do. Very few people actually seek out American goods. So what do you do? Do you buy American on purpose? Do you go out? If you had two products side by side, would you pick the one made in America? Is that a motivation to you? Because in recent surveys, there's been a study on what people do and.
Speaker 2: How they buy and why they buy.
Speaker 4: And much of it has to do with the reason behind it. For example, buying American is hardly ever done. According to the survey, people do not buy American for environmental benefits. They don't now that doesn't mean there are no benefits. That doesn't mean that. It just means when people go to buy American, what is their biggest motivation. It's supporting American jobs. That's the number one reason people buy American. The second reason people buy American is to strengthen the US economy. And when we say buy American, we're talking about things assembled final assembly in America or made in whole in America. The other reason is higher product quality. So the top three reasons people buy supporting American jobs, strengthening the US economy, or higher product quality. The last reason people buy American is for the environmental impact, and national security is pretty low as well.
Speaker 2: No one believes that you have national security improvement simply for buying American. Again, it's up to you what you buy and how you buy.
Speaker 4: But I'm all for people buying the best product, and I don't necessarily I don't necessarily track with those who blindly buy American.
Speaker 2: But again that's up to you. I have some texts that say.
Speaker 4: That they find foreign made goods all the time of better quality.
Speaker 2: I would say that that's not true.
Speaker 4: I have seen many many products come and go, and man Chinese products suck. If it's made in China, there's a really good chance it sucks. And I'm telling you I tried to give Chinese made products a chance one time years ago.
Speaker 2: God did this put a bad taste in my mouth. I bought.
Speaker 4: I was at the stock show, the National Western Stock Show, looking at tractors, small to medium tractors, not large. They were pretty large, but not like the you know, the big, the big farms and ranches. We had a small horse operation and I'm looking at you know, John Deere. They're wonderful, Ford, Koboda, different kinds of tractors, and Massey Ferguson was just starting to a resurgence again. And then I saw this Chinese tractor. I don't even remember the damn name, but it looked nice and it was way less expensive, so I bought it. It was the worst purchase I think I have ever made, the worst purchase. You couldn't get parts for it, it broke down, it wasn't heavy duty enough. But man, did it give a good impression for pricing. And again, if you go by pricing alone, you might get stung. But I personally avoid Chinese products, and I really do.
Speaker 2: I will not buy a product from China. Now I shouldn't say that.
Speaker 4: I mean there might be some plastic goods or certain things I buy that might have been made in China. I'm talking about anything technical or anything mechanical.
Speaker 2: I do not buy Chinese.
Speaker 4: There is just, in my opinion, there are inherent weaknesses. Somebody says, here, I buy made in USA as often as possible, but our quality has taken a dive after forty five years of drying of driving American forward. I'm in a process of purchasing a Toyota because of the exceptional quality. Now Japanese cars, I will have to agree they have superior quality a lot of those Japanese Toyota cars that are made in America.
Speaker 2: Depending on the vehicle.
Speaker 4: Somebody else says, Tom, what about technology, I think Americans have the best technology.
Speaker 2: That's my own opinion.
Speaker 4: Now I've purchased foreign made goods, probably through American technology companies, but when it comes to technology, I think American products are the best, or American companies.
Speaker 2: I should say.
Speaker 4: One thing that this texture says they're frustrated with is they wish they could have American customer support. A lot of customer support is offshore now I'll tell you I get very very very frustrated, very frustrated with customer support, and I'm going to admit this. I have an automatic, uh what is it? An automatic prejudice when I hear someone who's speaking and broken English or an accent for customer service, and I have a complicated issue because you know, I never call customer support for minor issues, so it's always something weird, always, and to try to explain it to someone that doesn't speak English gives me I'm not saying this is true, I'm saying it gives me a feeling they're not understanding it. So I try to break it down very very basically and very easy, and then that gives them the impression. I don't know what I'm talking about, but I've had conversations that are really almost comical with people on the other end of the phone who don't you just can.
Speaker 2: Swear to God they don't understand you.
Speaker 4: And I don't think I've ever had a problem solved by a foreigner in a call center. So I don't mind people, obviously, I want everyone to work, but there is just this language barrier that the worst place you can have them is in a call center for technical information. I mean it's hard enough explaining a problem to someone who understands you, let alone trying to explain it to someone who has trouble with the language. To begin with this, I always wondered about.
Speaker 7: Yes, I have two companies I can tell you about that. I recently bought some stuff. One is Alligience. We bought an American flag, which is made in America, not made.
Speaker 2: Other one is weather Tech.
Speaker 7: Well, yeah, which out uh fit the you know, your car, the stuff that you I don't know right.
Speaker 2: It's it's your floor mats and cargo mats and the stuff in your trunk.
Speaker 7: They do all of that, great company, both of which are made in the US A completely and I was fine with it. The pricing was great, yeah, and the customer service was great. And I know what you're talking about about outsourcing. But these companies, there are some that still are.
Speaker 2: Around that will take care of you. No, there are there are, and I know that for example, when it comes to appliances that that's a mixed bag.
Speaker 4: There are some appliances made here. There are some headphones, electronic stuff. I'm looking up some stuff here. But we have over the years relegated a lot of our.
Speaker 2: Manufacturing to overseas, and that's what Trump's been trying to reverse, or to He's been trying to light a fire here in America with tariffs.
Speaker 4: Some people don't think that's the right way to go about it. Others think it's fair. But most everything, this is what's disheartening. I just looked on a survey here. Most everything we buy is made elsewhere. So even though we say we want to buy American, and Kelly, you've talked about some exceptions, most of the stuff available is not from America. If you go to Amazon, if you go to online to shop, most everything you're presented is not made in America. It's just not so will companies start up and trying to compete a lot of people say they can compete because of the low labor, and you know, you can compete with people who are willing to work for a few dollars a day, and there's nothing we can do about that. You can't force foreign countries to pay their workers a fair wage. Three O three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. We have more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one.
Speaker 11: Help.
Speaker 4: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hello Tom Martino here, let's talk trail three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 2: Chris, you have a custody issue. What's going on with you? Chris, welcome to the show.
Speaker 17: Well good.
Speaker 11: My custody issue is that my son has been taken out of my custody for I had a mental hold or check because I had a mental crisis and I wanted to get back into therapy. Anyhow, they had considered me or made me a kind of a threat, and it took my They accosted me, detained me very poorly, and threw me into a place.
Speaker 4: Chris, let's go back to the beginning before this happened. Were you divorced from the mom?
Speaker 11: We were separated and she has not been involved with his with his life for eight years. And I had put in a discrepancy.
Speaker 4: Prior prior to this problem. I need to know this, Chris, prior to this problem where you had this mental health crisis? Were you having shared custody with no issues?
Speaker 11: Well, we have an APR agreement and she had not followed through and had abandonment or I abandoned him basically, so I had bull guardianship since then.
Speaker 4: Okay, So how long before this mental health issue? How long did you have soul custody?
Speaker 11: Oh? Pretty much since twenty sixteen, seventeen? Well, yeah, seventeen.
Speaker 2: How old was he? How old was he then?
Speaker 9: Here?
Speaker 11: Was about three?
Speaker 2: And the mom abandoned him?
Speaker 11: Yes, told us both to leave the house in which I was paying for rent, and we had some issues, and so Daniel was in my hands and she had told us to leave and never come back.
Speaker 2: So we do okay? And I had Yeah, And when did you lose that custody?
Speaker 11: DHS felt as if to get involved and put temporary custody on him for.
Speaker 2: And who did they give it?
Speaker 4: When they took custody away from you. Who did they give it to?
Speaker 11: They gave it to the babysitters that I had him arranged to be at for a while, just.
Speaker 2: A babysitter randomly.
Speaker 11: No, no, No, it was his friend's house, like trusted friends that he was staying at that weekend. And he didn't really But wait a.
Speaker 4: Minute, Chris, Chris, when they took away your custody due to the mental health crisis, When they did that, I.
Speaker 2: Need to know.
Speaker 4: So they granted it to somebody that you knew that was taking care of the boy with you?
Speaker 11: Yes, like to his friend's house like down the road, right.
Speaker 2: Is it a family member or some stranger?
Speaker 11: No, pretty much some stranger revolt knowing about a year.
Speaker 4: So some guy that you met a year ago, the courts granted custody of your child.
Speaker 11: Yes, immediately they did for reasons thinking I was a threat, which I was not.
Speaker 4: Well this I'm very concerned about this. This sounds asked backwards. They gave custody to a friend of yours. And what do they know about this friend or what does is this friend related.
Speaker 2: To you in any way?
Speaker 11: No? Negative?
Speaker 2: And who is it that granted custody to this person.
Speaker 11: The point of vis the police apartment. Who it was the DHS that's got involved?
Speaker 4: Does this guy? How did you meet this guy? This guy that has custody now or guardianship?
Speaker 11: I don't think it's not anymore because they had split up. It was Hannah and Chad, which were kind of friends that we met a year ago. They moved here and they were a couple that were taking care of She was taking care of her son. She's a single mom, and but was engaged. I don't know if they were engaged, but they had a good relationship it seems. And their son goes to the school that Daniel goes to.
Speaker 2: So I get it.
Speaker 4: Well, here's what I need to know. Now, here's what I need to know. Now, where is the boy now? And who has custody?
Speaker 11: He's in custody with his friends, another friend from school and their parents, which is a.
Speaker 4: Did those parents? Did those parents file for custody?
Speaker 11: No? No, it's under a temporary custody or something.
Speaker 2: It's like emergency custody. Right.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's just been very frustrating. I'm trying to figure it all out.
Speaker 4: Tell me what what happened? I understand with any mental health clare crisis, though they always give the parents a path back.
Speaker 2: What did they say you had to do?
Speaker 11: Well, I'm going into I'm into therapy and stuff like that, and uh, what can you describe?
Speaker 2: Can you describe the mental health crisis? What happened?
Speaker 11: Well? For instance, you know I had uh, I had taken a chocolate bar anyways, and I had I had, I went into a deep depression, had little psychosis and I was kind of hallucinating bad thoughts and was I now know how have an member for like a mental crisis or I help crisis line?
Speaker 2: Okay, Chris, did you have gnosis? Chris? Do you have a diagnosis?
Speaker 11: Yes, I have diagnosis with a little PTSD depression and ADHD.
Speaker 2: Okay, are you on medications now?
Speaker 11: They actually tried to put me on some of these weird psychotropics. They're pheno barbituates. I don't take those anymore. They put me on adam exapine. I don't take those anymore. It doesn't work. And then they want to put me on alonzapine. And I take kalanity and for sleep sometimes because I'm okays omniac.
Speaker 4: Okay, And what did they say you have to do to get custody back.
Speaker 11: I'm just follow their loops, and uh, you know, I've been kind of being treated like a criminal through this whole process, and I'm not trusted with mine.
Speaker 2: Did you.
Speaker 11: Well taken care of it?
Speaker 4: Did you have to do anything? Did you do anything with your son when you were going through this episode?
Speaker 11: No? Negative? No?
Speaker 2: Okay? And do you get visitation with your son?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 2: Okay? What do you need from us?
Speaker 11: I'm just curious as to what to go on because I feel like I was mistreated in some of it and being treated for you know, different diagnosis that they haven't diagnosed me with and gave me a plethora of medications. But also I'm stable, and they want to give me a civil charge or whatnot for a negligence or dependency.
Speaker 9: Thing.
Speaker 2: And I think it's it's it's called dependency. Hold on, it's called dependency and neglect. Are they charging you with that?
Speaker 11: Yeah? They want to put a civil charge on that. It's civil, I guess. And I don't see the purpose of it because he was well taken care of and still has a good home and a loving father to be with. And I just kind of felt like I was duped into the situation for I don't know some reason.
Speaker 4: It's important that we know. It's important that we know what they're trying to do. Are they trying to press charges?
Speaker 11: I think so? And so the trial is coming up here pretty soon. And this has been going on since.
Speaker 2: Hold on, hold on, if there, if they have a trial coming up, they're not thinking about pressing charges. They already pressed charges.
Speaker 11: Yes, I've been treated guilty until like, I guess what did.
Speaker 2: They charge you? What is your formal charge?
Speaker 11: A neglect? Independency?
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, and you need to get an attorney or.
Speaker 11: Has made sure he's well taken care of.
Speaker 2: You need to get an attorney, Chris. You can't go there alone.
Speaker 11: Because the because the attorneys that are appointed to me are not really representing me the way I wanted to be.
Speaker 2: So you have an attorney appointed.
Speaker 11: Yeah. And when I was in the when I was in the hold, they gave me all sorts of medications that made me feel growdy, woozy, and I took my phone so I couldn't have communications to get a hold of the parties.
Speaker 2: Chris, and Chris, listen, listen.
Speaker 4: If you're charged with dependency and neglect, that could take away your custody forever.
Speaker 11: I know.
Speaker 2: You need to work with these attorneys appointed.
Speaker 11: To you, right, And that's what I've been doing.
Speaker 4: You have to because if you try now to hire your own attorney, you can't afford one. And the attorney that's appointed to you, did he or she give you any information on what you need to do?
Speaker 11: Yeah, I'm going I'm following through it there and doing all the classes I need to.
Speaker 4: And yes, what do they think the outcome will be? What do they what do they think the outcome is going to? What do they think the outcome is going to be?
Speaker 11: I have no idea. I don't think like them. I don't know how to.
Speaker 2: I don't Okay, So when you.
Speaker 17: Call the.
Speaker 11: One of the attreees, when you called us, yeah, because I told it. I was told it was a good idea.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well we we from But from what I'm hearing. From what I'm hearing, they've done everything properly. They put your son in emergency custody. They took them away from you because of this crisis you had. You admit you had a crisis. You're being charged with dependency and neglect. But if you have a diagnosis, that helps to diminish that dependency and neglect. Does your attorney say the charges will be dropped if you cooperate with them?
Speaker 11: Yes, I believe so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that's the road you should pursue.
Speaker 11: Yeah, and then you know, I put in an abandonment a long time ago, and jeffco for I mean my son and his mom hasn't been a part of his life for eight years. God knows why.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but that's not going to help you now. Proving abandonment against his mom has nothing to do with your case. Right now, you have to concentrate. You have to concentrate on fighting this dependency and neglect and you need to lean on a diagnosis instead.
Speaker 2: You need to say, I was sick.
Speaker 4: I'm being treated I want a path back to being a dad. That is, if you go in with that attitude, that's what's going to work. If you go in with an attitude that they didn't treat me properly, they gave me the wrong meds, they did this, they did that, you're not going to make it.
Speaker 2: It's not going to be right.
Speaker 4: You literally need to work with that attorney and tell that attorney that you don't want a dependency neglect conviction you want to cooperate with them, and then they will offer you some kind of a plea.
Speaker 2: Yep, it's a plea deal.
Speaker 4: I got to take this break, but Chris, really, I mean, you have the tools in your hand right now. You got to ask them. You got to ask your attorney to get you a plea deal. I'm Tom Martine Moore coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 5: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 4: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank to the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, here's three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. All right, we got a lot more to talk about. I got some texts coming up. I want to find Tom. The reason I don't buy American is because things are not easily identified as to where they're made.
Speaker 2: How do you know?
Speaker 4: I mean, you really got to do some research to find things made in America. So that was one comment that I find. You know, that's pretty accurate. You don't automatically know if something is made in America. I mean, there are some signs that they made in America a lot, but not all products. Do you know where things are made? When you look at them?
Speaker 2: Do you know? And how do you know?
Speaker 1: Three?
Speaker 2: Three seven to one three talks seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 4: Here's the text, Tom, I'm starting a business, and you once mentioned there were five common mistakes people make. I thought I wrote them down, but let me explain this to you because when you're starting a business, let me tell you the number one. The number one is before you even start. Do a feasibility study before you even start. So I don't want to call this starting a business. I want to call this thinking about starting a business.
Speaker 2: Do a feasibility study in your head. First. You have to make sure that the end result, which is profit, is worth doing the business.
Speaker 4: If you want to make yourself a job, that's okay too. So when you start a business and you're a tradesman of some kind, just call it.
Speaker 2: You know, whatever you do and you have a widget.
Speaker 4: If you can make these widgets and pay for these widgets and then pay yourself a good salary, but there's no profit at the end, you have to ask yourself, can I find a job making the same amount of money with these widgets or do I have to do my own if you can find another job. It never pays to do the widgets and to have a business. Not if you can find a job doing it, it never pays. Now, if you're intent is to start out making a living making the widgets and eventually turn that into profit, and then you have not only your wage but your profit, then it might be worth doing again. People a lot of times mistake wages for profits. Profits are above and beyond all operating costs. Part of your operating costs would be your salary. And when people start a business, they don't always take into consideration their own time. They take into consideration everything else, but not that they're going to be there forty or sixty hours a week. If you can't pay for your time and have profit on top of that, it may not be a good endeavor. Now, So what does that mean? Pay for your time and have profit on top of it, simply what it means. But you also have to pay for the product that you're selling or the service that you're doing. So please take into consideration time. The owner's time is worth money as a wage, not profit. Then profits on top of that. So if you're spending thirty hours in the business or forty hours in the business, and you're making a certain amount of money, that's not profit.
Speaker 2: That's your wage.
Speaker 4: Now if you make more than a normal wage, that could go into profit, and you can take your profits as salary if you want to.
Speaker 2: But the point is this, you want both a.
Speaker 4: Job and profit, or maybe you don't want a job, maybe you just want the profit and you want other tradesmen to do the job. That's good too. You can just be an owner. You don't have to necessarily work the business. But when you calculate expenses, you have to calculate a number of categories. And the biggest thing that people neglect is competition. They don't realize that other people will be doing the same thing, so they have to allot a certain amount of money to marketing and to distinguishing themselves. And if you don't have that as part of your line items. Then you're not getting an accurate picture because that will eat into profits. And you cannot operate a business without marketing. It's simply impossible. So time and marketing are the two big things. And then profit. What will the profit be after you subtract your time? I'm Tom Martinez. We have more coming up on The Troubleshooter Show. Three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 9: Yeah, ripped.
Speaker 2: New need advice so you don't have.
Speaker 1: Come running Just as fast as we can.
Speaker 2: Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 3: Come dix is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 2: No Tom Martino, Hello Tom Martino. Here, how are you doing. What can we do to make.
Speaker 4: Your life easier? Let's just go to the phones and talk about it. I've been doing this fifty years, folks. I probably heard almost every problem. But if you ever give me a problem I haven't heard, I promise you one hundred dollars. I'm serious. I I want to find out all kinds of problems.
Speaker 2: So if you ever had one i've never heard, call I want to hear it.
Speaker 4: And now let's go to the phones. And we have Jim who wants to talk about a debit card. Debit cards are debit cards are pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Actually, what's going on? Jim?
Speaker 19: Hello Tom? On Friday, I went up to the off the black car to the casinos. I used my debit card in an ATM machine at a Saratoga Yeah.
Speaker 9: Uh, got out, lost.
Speaker 17: It and let's the casino.
Speaker 19: I got a thing on my phone not five minutes later that someone had used my debit card as my account number, my pin number and to the penn any amount of money I had in my bank account trying to take it out. Luckily my bank sawders brought stopped it. I went back up funding Oh, good black hawk cop, and he said it's been happening occasionally up there. Is the only way it can be happening is somebody had to have walked over and put one of those scanning devices on the ATM machine.
Speaker 2: Before they could have spied. I don't want h oh no, no, because they swiped it, didn't they.
Speaker 19: I don't know how they got it.
Speaker 17: I don't know.
Speaker 19: I say, I used my card, I took it back out and nobody was around me. Nobody could have seen what I.
Speaker 9: Was putting in. But they got it.
Speaker 19: I mean they took it out, tried to take it out to the penny Watchally my bank Shawt is fraud and frozen instantly.
Speaker 4: Man, your bank is great. What what bank do you have, Jim? What bank you have?
Speaker 19: Take bank? But it was bank?
Speaker 2: So now what is your question now, sir?
Speaker 19: No, I'm just trying to put a warning to people they're using machine up there, look for those devices because wherever it was doing it obviously used it.
Speaker 4: And it's Jim, it's all machines. It's all machines. It's not just that one, just all machines.
Speaker 18: Did you did you call the casino back and notify them?
Speaker 19: I called the casino. They called me back about twenty four hours later and says we'll go up and look, and they come back says, oh, we don't say any device.
Speaker 9: Of course, not trying.
Speaker 4: Hey, Jim, Jim, listen, but you have to you have to protect yourself.
Speaker 2: They have right now your You.
Speaker 4: Got to do what I tell you, no matter what your bank says. And I hope you trust me. Once they have your routing number and your account number, they're going to play havoc on you. And it could be in a month from now, but you there. But they don't need your card to make an ach transfer out of your account, so they can do what's called a pull, and they don't. People don't understand this about the banking world.
Speaker 2: It's a deep, dark secret.
Speaker 4: But there are no there are no protections for digital transactions. When somebody goes in and does a pull, they don't need a gun or a knife to rob your bank. They just need the routing number and the account number. Right now, I have my online bank, I can go on there initiate a pull to your account. I put in your routing number, your account number. It doesn't ask for your approval, it asks for nothing. I hit and it will pull out the money that's going to happen to you. They're not done with you. In fact, they've probably already sold your information. You have to stop it from happening in the future. Here's what your bank is going to tell you. Okay, okay, go ahead. What did your bank tell you?
Speaker 2: I'm interested.
Speaker 19: I went to the bank. I went to the bank. They got rid of a car, put a new card in, so they locked everything up on that account.
Speaker 2: You know, Jim, it's not locked up. Jim.
Speaker 4: Let me tell you another dirty secret. I don't know why banks are not just straight about it. Your bank's routing numbers say the same. They gave you a new account number. When someone puts through a draft on your old account number, it will automatically transfer to the new account number. And the reason it does that is because you unless you have a major fraud investigation going on, it's gonna automatically transfer. They don't tell you this, but what you really have to do, and I hate telling you this, but I swear to God it is the only protection is to close the account and to reopen the account at another bank. I know this sounds crazy, but I promise you with what they do is they create what's called a recurring transaction, and they put it through on your old account. When somebody puts through a recurring transaction on a closed account, the bank assumes that you meant to pay that and it's recurring and it got caught in the middle, so they will transfer it over to the new account and honor it. Now, you can argue and get your money back, but it's going to happen all the time.
Speaker 2: They're going to hit that account.
Speaker 4: They have autobots that hit that account a few times a month, and you might two years down the road get hit, so they never let it go.
Speaker 2: The only way to do it.
Speaker 4: The only way to protect yourself is to have a brand new account and at a brand new bank. If the routing number is the same, you're screwed. There's also something called a cross collateralization agreement.
Speaker 2: It says when.
Speaker 4: You have an account at that bank and one account is overdrawn, they can go into your next account. So even though they know you've been defrauded, they they don't keep track of your account on someone's desk. So when someone puts through an account that bounces, they go to any other account you have at that bank to settle it and it's the worst news in the world.
Speaker 2: Because I swear to God I had to do this.
Speaker 4: Let me tell you what happened Capital one.
Speaker 2: I had a credit card that was hacked.
Speaker 4: I changed the credit card, they killed the card.
Speaker 2: They sent me a new one. But let me tell you something.
Speaker 4: When a charge came through on the old account, they honored it with a new card. And I asked them why they did it, and they said, oh, you have a number of recurring accounts and this one is also a recurring account. And I said, wait a minute, I've never heard of ABC so and so or whatever it was. I'm making that up. And they said, but we don't know that. And I said, then why don't you decline it? And they say, they don't decline it. They approve them until the account holder complains.
Speaker 2: So this game, let me tell you how far I had to go.
Speaker 4: So I said, I want to close the entire account so no one can put anything through on the card.
Speaker 2: And let me tell you what I had to do.
Speaker 4: I had to reapply and qualify credit wise and have a brand new stinking account to stop all of the fraudulent charges.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 4: They may not happen for a year, but your information is out there and will never go away. So Jim, I am begging you to shut down the account.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: If you can open a brand new account at an another bank, it'll help you. If you love the bank you're with, Try a brand new account without a cross collateralization agreement. In other words, if you open a new account, a brand new account, no pre existing numbers whatsoever, and even put a different middle initial or something, make it different, and then tell them that this account is not to be used in a cross collateralization arrangement, and make sure you do not sign one. This sounds like I know it sounds you didn't want to hear all this, But I swear to God I'm telling you the truth and it will sting you if you do not take the precautions.
Speaker 19: Okay, some I'm gonna agree with you because I have another account. I do DoorDash, and I have an account through them. Someone hit that account about two weeks.
Speaker 16: Ago and they saw Yeah.
Speaker 19: However, when I called door Dash to find out how to get into card, it came up. Did you try to draw money out on this state and on this state? You know we closed that account a week ago.
Speaker 9: Right, well?
Speaker 19: Right, trying to use it, So I agree with you. It's close the count. I've said, Chase for twenty years over there.
Speaker 2: Now, Chase might accommodate you. They might.
Speaker 4: Chase might let you use an alternate name with a different middle initial. They may if you tell them. But here's what they're going to tell you, which is false. They're going to say, oh, Jim, you don't have to worry about that. Once that account is closed and you open a new one, they can never get the money out of the new account. And you say, well, what happens to all my recurring transactions? They won't tell you the truth because it's too much work on their part and they don't want to run the risk of losing you as a customer. But that's the dirty secrets of banking that new credit cards don't protect you, and new accounts don't protect you. You have to close and move to another institution.
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 4: I had to close every every conceivable relationship I had with Chase. I had to and you might have to do the same thing. And it's not Chase's problem. It's just fraud. And I have a suggestion for people to end this. We really need hard keys, something that we have to present or wave or scan, and that hard key has to be encrypted in such a way that it can't be duplicated.
Speaker 2: There's got to be a.
Speaker 4: Way because right now, with all the electronic transfers, we have tremendous fraud going on, tremendous fraud. It's one online and digital crime is the number one crime right now. Number one takes more money than anything. Jim, I appreciate you calling. You brought up a really, really really important problem.
Speaker 2: You really did, all right, thank you?
Speaker 4: And Rich, go ahead, Rich, you have a comment on bank cards and fraud.
Speaker 2: Go ahead. Rich.
Speaker 20: So I've talked to you before about my wife getting scammed last year for ten grand and they did some uh transactions, some zell transactions from our first bank. So we took your advice and we shut down left that left key bank completely went to another bank, and they're hitting her on that bank.
Speaker 2: So, oh my god, wait a minute, how the hell did they follow her? Rich?
Speaker 20: Your theory of going to a different banks not working for us.
Speaker 4: But I want to analyze this, Rich, you actually wait, let me take this break.
Speaker 2: This is amazing to me.
Speaker 4: You actually shut it down now that this tells me they got something in her phone or something. Hold on, we'll talk about this and more coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Wait time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. This hour brought to you by One Clear Choice Garage Doors, the people that are Ready twenty four to seven free garage doors if you have a broken spring or something in emergency. All of their prices are on their website and everything they do. And I've been using them for fifteen or twenty years. Here's the website, One Clear Choice doores dot com. Everything spelled out there. Okay, Rich said, this is really queer. Rich said, Hey, my wife's card was hacked. We changed banks.
Speaker 2: And they followed her.
Speaker 4: I don't understand that, Rich, So what kind of a scam or how do we know it's not a new scam?
Speaker 16: All right, good, let's go from the very beginning of the first bank. So they got her hook line and sinker. We figured this all out.
Speaker 17: What they did is they.
Speaker 16: Called and introduced themselves as the fraud department from Key Bank. Then they asked you, can you confirm your social Security number? Can you confirm your address? They got so much information from her because they said it was They were very convincing and they said that we see some fraud on your account. So yeah, somehow they've followed us, and they.
Speaker 4: Have well either they followed there is not so much they're following you as they are. Well, yeah, they are following you, but it's not the bank that they were targeting.
Speaker 2: It's her. So I think, no matter where she goes, she has this monkey on her back.
Speaker 4: What we have to do is figure out how to get rid of it. So here's what I want to know.
Speaker 16: Got it?
Speaker 2: What do they What do they do? Okay, what did you do?
Speaker 16: So the last two the last two were Apple pay where they got five hundred dollars each time twice the bank gave it back. But it takes time. So what we're doing. Now, I know.
Speaker 9: What is called a clear card. So we we told them this after what you.
Speaker 16: Said, no no cross.
Speaker 4: Uh collateralization, no cross collateralization realization.
Speaker 16: And our our our ATM card is called a clear card. So we only keep what money in there is what we spend, so we don't let our paychecks go to there or anything and into this into this card.
Speaker 9: So if we want to go to the.
Speaker 16: Grocery store and we want to, uh, all we got to do is on our phone is transfer out and I do it on my phone, not her phone. It is transfer two hundred dollars for groceries. So this clear card and if you can use the clear card. This that's gone through three eight three at MS now since we've had it in January. I'm on the same one. So it's not me that they're following.
Speaker 2: No, I know, I know, you know.
Speaker 4: I just think you have Oh my god, it is it's getting to be crazy.
Speaker 9: Character.
Speaker 4: There's got to be a way to do it. But people give too much information.
Speaker 2: I say, don't do anything on the phone, but I don't know. Rich, thank you for the enlightenment.
Speaker 4: He's saying, go ahead, forell them back. Yeah, now I think that you're doing the right thing for you. Everybody is going to have a different solution. But here's the main here's the main deal. Do not keep in the same bank if you suspect you've been hacked. Now, as with them, they just were hacked. Their life is hacked. We got to watch out for devices on our phones as well, and there are many good programs for that. Now, Renita or Renetta, Rinita, you have a question on real estate. Oh, I used to do a lot of real estate, Renetta, what is your concern or question?
Speaker 17: Only of the.
Speaker 8: Question having to do with a fire at my home And they came in and did an asbestos testing within the home itself, and the results came back. And my home was built in nineteen forty six. And anyhow, the testing came back and said that the entrance way was like at seventeen and the other high point was in the kitchen in the lighting fixtures, and that was a little bit high, but not like a seven. But the rest of the house came out to be like twos and trees and stuff like that. Well, anyhow, I have a detached garage. The garage was packed by the fire. But they're saying that there is asbestos degree in the garage and they want to do to get rid of everything in the garage now and I haven't locked up, and I have had it locked up doing this whole thing, but I do unlock it to do in myself. And they're saying that I can't brought the asbestos in by my tracking.
Speaker 2: Well, hold on, now, Renetta, if you brought the asbestos in from the tracking, that's not a source and that's easily cleaned up.
Speaker 4: If it's not being sourced there, you don't have to worry about it. You just have to get it cleaned up.
Speaker 8: And how do I do that?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 4: First and foremost, I want to make sure you're being handled properly by these companies. So what is this company proposing you do in the garage? What are they proposing you do?
Speaker 8: You're rid of all my stuff because it's.
Speaker 2: Okay, but they don't.
Speaker 4: They're not doing any great remodeling in that garage, are they?
Speaker 8: Nope? And he never tested.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: What I'm concerned about is this, where is the asbestos coming from that's showing up in the garage. Is it coming from a source or is it coming from being tracked in that's what we have to determine first. Once you determine that, then what you do is attack it.
Speaker 2: So it really depends on what a good company finds.
Speaker 4: It could be that you're going to need to you know, tent it and do it properly from the ground up, but your insurance should pay for that.
Speaker 2: So I what we need, you know, I wish Mark and Suzanne we're here.
Speaker 4: I don't know if we have and I think Susan is listening. Mark might be listening. We need to find on our referral list. I think we have some asbestos people. I would get some one that we know and trust first, just to find out if in fact you have a source or it's just environmental from being tracked in. Did this existing company give you an idea?
Speaker 2: What did they say?
Speaker 4: They thought it was just debris from being tracked in.
Speaker 8: No, they're saying that it was within the house.
Speaker 2: I understand that.
Speaker 4: But did they say that the one in your garage, the asbestos in your garage, where do they say that's coming.
Speaker 8: From being trapped in that There isn't any asbestos in the garage itself.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, that's good, that's good news. Did they determine that that there's no asbestos in the garage?
Speaker 8: Should I have it read? I mean, should I hire somebody to piss the garage?
Speaker 2: Well? Yes, but are you here's trying to get at your main concern is you don't want to throw away all your stuff in the garage.
Speaker 8: No, I want to keep all of it.
Speaker 4: Well, your insurance should pay Your insurance should pay for cleaning it.
Speaker 2: So what's the issue.
Speaker 8: The issue is that there is no ASBESTUS in the garage itself, and they did not test the garage, and.
Speaker 4: No, I understand, but what's the issue about getting your stuff cleaned?
Speaker 8: It isn't that it's getting cleaned. It's just that they're saying that there's ASBESTUS on the outside of my home and stuff, and the hot fire was on the south side, and they don't have that plastic down or what do I want to call it in pain or whatever? But the rest place, okay, I don't know what.
Speaker 2: All right, it's okay, it's okay, Rannetta. Listen. I think what you're I think what you're asking. You're asking if.
Speaker 4: We had a SBESIS tracked into the garage and if my stuff was contaminated.
Speaker 2: Can it be cleaned. That's what you're asking, right.
Speaker 4: What is that noise I'm hearing in the background are people talking?
Speaker 2: Do you have the radio on?
Speaker 4: If you have the radio on, You're going to be very very confused, So I suggest you turn the radio down and not listen to us. So I'm asking you, this is the main reason for the call. You want to know if you had you know if you have to get rid of your stuff or can it be cleaned?
Speaker 2: Is that the main purpose of your call?
Speaker 8: No, the main purpose of my call is having to do with ess.
Speaker 21: I mean they're saying that the around my house on the south side where the fire was at, that is where this would be. But they don't have it contained or anything there. It's flying ill bound in everything else.
Speaker 2: No, I get it.
Speaker 4: So what is the purpose? I'm trying to figure out what you want from us? Like, we want to help you. What did you call about? What is your main question?
Speaker 8: Can my stuff in the house be cleaned?
Speaker 4: Okay, That's what I'm trying to figure out. So let's get Rock on and we might have to have you on tomorrow.
Speaker 2: We have Rock.
Speaker 4: Who is with American Restoration twenty four to seven. He's a good guy and he knows a lot about this. I want to ask him, not necessarily that you hire him, but I want to ask him about the procedure when it comes to asbestos. So hang on there, I gotta take Do I have to take this break?
Speaker 2: Am I behind here?
Speaker 1: Bro?
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm going to take this break. Three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Hang on, Renetta, go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 5: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 4: Wait time for an insurance check up free, no obligation in comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three oh three seven on three talks seven on three eight two five five. Let's get rock on from American Restoration twenty four to seven and rest two four to seven dot com. Hey Rock, Yes, how you doing Rock? So on on this kind.
Speaker 2: Of asbestos stuff.
Speaker 4: She has. She had a fire in her house. They discovered asbestos in some areas, just two main areas, and then they said out in the garage there was some asbestos that showed up in the air, and they believe that is from her tracking it into the garage from the house. Now, Renetta, I want to ask you something. After the fire, did you move anything from the house into the garage?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Okay. They just think from you moving in and out of the garage that you can tab minated it. Yeah, okay. Now my next question for you.
Speaker 4: Are they saying you need to throw away all of your personal property in the house and garage?
Speaker 12: Ye?
Speaker 4: Yes, okay, And you want to know and here's the sixty four thousand dollars question rock.
Speaker 2: Can personal belongings be cleaned.
Speaker 22: Out of scent? Clothing can be laundered. Now, couches and things of that nature. I would render those, you know, because those are deep, deep set type of things.
Speaker 2: You throw them out, those out, I would throw them out.
Speaker 22: Anything stofts, anything steel can be cleaned to to industry standards. Clothes can be laundered, and I would just do it on that basis.
Speaker 17: You know what, what.
Speaker 2: About plastic stuff? What about plastic stuff?
Speaker 22: Yes, if it's if it's if it's you know, TV, a TV, even though you just spent one thousand dollars on a brand new TV. It's yours under your discretion to clean it and keep it. But it would never be one hundred percent cleaned or or should we should say, uh, contaminant free. Now, because of the nature of fire, those the whole place is pretty much considered contaminated garage. If the ac of the ventilation systemas on the fire renders quite a bit contaminated. That's just the nature of fire. There's nothing anybody and those fibers are very very small. They can be around very easy.
Speaker 4: So here's the thing, Renetta, your question was, can your personal belongings be cleaned? Rock is saying yes, under certain circumstances, they can be cleaned.
Speaker 21: Why it in front of the fire.
Speaker 2: Is there someone else talking to you, Renetta?
Speaker 4: I get the feeling you're talking to someone else, are you, Renetta?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 4: Yeah, see yes, put that person. Put that person on the phone. Just put them on the phone, so we don't have the relay tag. Just put them on the phone.
Speaker 8: Part of the question is if the garage was closed and secured, not attached to the house in which the fire was happened, right, why would the garage even be part the situation? Being said? There was no testing, there was no checking, the doors were not open. It wasn't like it was everything was closed.
Speaker 4: They want to know why the garage is even included in this whole mess.
Speaker 2: Rock.
Speaker 22: If the testing proves that they're if there's contamination, you know you I can't argue with testing at That's why you do laboratory testing. It's their property, it's it's the it's it's they can choose to inhabit or have this clean to industry standards. It's under their discretion.
Speaker 2: But so here's what I'm asking Rock.
Speaker 4: There is no law or requirement if if if if they say, if this company is saying you got to throw your stuff out and you can't use the garage, I mean, we got to clean the garage. Can they simply refuse that service or is there any law that says they have to have it done.
Speaker 22: No, there's no law. No, it's their stuff. It is their stuff out there.
Speaker 11: Now.
Speaker 22: If they are property managers or they have renters, that's a different situation. But if it's their house and they want to live in it's it's up to their their discretion.
Speaker 2: Now, So Renetta, Renetta and your friend, they're saying, you don't have to go by each and every recommendation of the company.
Speaker 4: You can pick and choose what you want to do, okay. And that's and with that, I got to take a break. So Renetta, I mean, you're welcome to come back on with Rock tomorrow and we'll get more into it directly. And if you want him to come over and look at it, he can do that too, But I have to take this break. Rock was with American Restoration twenty four to seven amrest two four seven dot com.
Speaker 2: More coming right up.