Speaker 1: Yeah, ripped bad news.
Speaker 2: Didn't need advice when you don't have.
Speaker 1: To come running just as fast as the can Shooter's gonna help her come h Man.
Speaker 3: Dix's the Troubleshooter Show. Now, Tom Martine.
Speaker 4: Almost Hi, Tom Martino here. Three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Welcome to the Only Show if it's kind anywhere in the universe. Let's try to get the show on the road. I got just a little problem with my earpiece, but I'll get right to it. So what's going on and how can we help you? That's what I ask each and every day. So happening here for example, Well, basically, I, uh, hey, hey, hey, hey, technically, thank you Mark, I'm going to reboot.
Speaker 2: Thank you you guys, I got to reboot all right.
Speaker 5: Three oh three seven one three a two five five. Hey, everybody, just forget any of that ever happened.
Speaker 2: Let's keep it at that. It's very simple.
Speaker 5: It's the only show if it's kind'er here to solve problems, answer questions, take complaints.
Speaker 2: Say it with me. We want to make your life just a little bit better.
Speaker 5: Three zero three seven one three eight two five five that's a telephone number three oh three, Martino, you've been ripped off taking advantage of check this out over three hundred million dollars in cash, merchandise exchanges refunds directly due to this show in studio with me today.
Speaker 2: You ready for.
Speaker 5: This guy's Compass Insurance Brian Burns. Brian, it's great seeing you man. I haven't I guess, I guess we've seen each other in the past four weeks. So actually, is that about right somewhere around there? Yeah, that's about right.
Speaker 2: And who's this?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: Who is this person next to you, sir?
Speaker 6: This next to me is my son, Riley Burns.
Speaker 2: I love it. And he's been with the company Compass for a couple of years.
Speaker 6: A couple of years. He's been working on the renewal team, so he deals with all the people that are coming up renewal has to reach out to them and look at other options. So, uh, he's been doing that and now is kind of stepping out and becoming a producer.
Speaker 5: So that's part of when we think of an insurance agency like yourself.
Speaker 2: Unlike companies at whole.
Speaker 5: People hostage like State Farm all State, they only sell their own product. You guys actually sell you know, thirty different lines depending on if it's commercial or homeowners or whatever, and you go out. So when you say the renewal division, what Riley's been doing is every year you guys reach out to me and say, hey, Mark, what you have right now for car insurance is still probably the best, but homeowners, we found you a little better deal, and we might switch around.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and I and right would probably speak to this even better than me. But usually you try to keep the auto and home together in most cases, if that makes sense, yeah, just because they give you such a discount for having together. But that's not always the case. There are definitely times, especially in this market, where companies don't really want the home insurance, so you just have to kind of piece mail it and figure out what the best overall option is.
Speaker 5: How many times I'm thinking, I've done business with you guys for at least fifteen years, yep, so, and I'm thinking of how many times we switch some of the big things, and people think about this out there. One of the biggest ones is when our teenagers turned sixteen, you immediately switched us from I don't remember who we were with, but we ended up going with I think progressive.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yep, I think you're right. I think we went to progressive. And I'm trying to remember who it was we were with before that too, But you're right. I would say there's a few different areas where it's like the optimal time to shop if you're out there, and it is, having young drivers come on is probably number one, just because the cost. We'll have companies where we put the same information in and it could be a range of one hundred percent higher in one company than another. Wow, it can be double double the rate. And so when people you know, are with the carrier and they add their young drivers on, that's the time they should, I mean chop around. If you're with us State farmer farmers are one of those that they're not gonna be able shop you. So that's the perfect time to you know, give us a call drivers.
Speaker 2: How about this sounds now? Speaking speaking of uh, speaking.
Speaker 4: Of insurance, let's go to the mic. First on the car wreck, we have John Fuller standing by for him and then sorry for the technical.
Speaker 2: We don't have any of those people uptown.
Speaker 4: Oh I'm sorry, I thought, Oh that's that's uh yeah, okay, it said we did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm sorry, working on it to get it back up. Who was online one? Kelly? What's the name. Well, let's just go to line one.
Speaker 7: No hold on, Hold on, hold on. I need to get another attorney on. We have this scheduled. I apologize. I had to kind of reboot the computer.
Speaker 2: That's fine, I'll get it. We'll get him on hold.
Speaker 4: He was just just give us, anybody, just just give us whoever's there.
Speaker 2: Well, that's it, it's us, buddy. Okay. Well, anyway, so, Brian, this is a good one.
Speaker 4: Somebody wants to know about business interruption insurance. Yes, and they want to know when does that kick in? Somebody was having a problem collecting it. They didn't say what it was from, so I don't know if it's from whatever. But when does business interruption? We should explain that Compass Insurance Group does residential home, you know, auto and that kind of stuff, but you also do business insurance. And there are different kinds of lines for business like liability if you have a business you hurt somebody, or do you have errors and emissions as well? Yep, yep, okay, So what's business interruption insurance?
Speaker 6: So, and with your first question was like how long does it take to it, you know, kicks in. So what that is if your business there's a fire in your in your restaurants and you no longer can have customers coming in, that would be your business interruption insurance that would step in and cover you with that point, And as far as the deductibles if you want to use that word, would be a period of time, So you purchase what period of time you want. It could be a month, thirty days, it could be sixty days.
Speaker 2: So yeah, but what's the events?
Speaker 4: What are the events that are allowed to kick it in? In other words, you know, it can't be a bad rainstorm, I mean, what is it?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 6: Yeah? No, I mean, like I said, fire would be one water damage. If you think about casualty losses when when those things occur, those are the ones that would come to mind most frequently. And again it depends on the kind of business. What would be a more common loss. But for a restaurant, fire is a very common loss because there's kitchen fires and then they're knocked out of it. But and then they actually have to you know, kick in their business interruption insurance to be able to cover them during that time.
Speaker 4: So even after the loss occurs, not the loss, the interruption.
Speaker 2: There's a certain waiting period.
Speaker 6: Yes, yeah, it's whatever you chose to purchase whenever you get the policy. Obviously, the longer period of time, the less expensive the insurance. So it's the equivalent of a deductible, just like people have a higher deductible for their homes. It's a matter of tolerance as far as what they choose.
Speaker 4: Now, I remember during COVID a lot of people were upset that their business interruption insurance excluded pandemics.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yep.
Speaker 2: One and terrorist attacks.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and terrorist attacks, and you'll see that. You know, there are companies where you can buy you know, writers for that type of coverage, but it's pretty expensive to go that route.
Speaker 5: But when these guys like in where was it, New Orleans? That guy rolled over and killed all those people on Bourbon Street with this vehicle. They said that was a terrorist attack. Does that mean the insurance wouldn't pay out, like, for example, life insurance policy if you were killed by.
Speaker 6: That management point yeah. No, Life insurance doesn't point mark.
Speaker 2: They can call anything anything.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Life insurance doesn't have those same kind of exclusions. It's a much more broad coverage, but things like business interruption in that sense. Let's say they shut down Bourbon Street and you didn't have any customers coming in again, it was for a short period of time, but that terrorist attack would. If your policy doesn't cover the peril of terrorism, then they could they could exclude that.
Speaker 2: Got it? Okay? All right? Three oh three seven one three talk three oh three, seven to three, eight two, five to five. Dustin your turn? What's going on with you? Dustin?
Speaker 8: So I've been going through a terrible custody and disillusion of marriage battle for two years a little actually longer than that.
Speaker 9: When it all first started.
Speaker 8: Uh, I just found out a whole plethora of lies that I was told. I didn't know what she was making.
Speaker 4: Now, Dustin, when did this? Here's what I have to ask you, though, sir. When did it all start? When did you file for divorce?
Speaker 9: Twenty two?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 4: And what what was it ever adjudicated? Did you get a final decree?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 8: So I was getting my son five days a week with my ex wife to have him on the weekends. That was supposed to be in September first of twenty twenty two.
Speaker 11: My ex wife never followed the court order and instead the day after the hearings, he filed a bunch of false allegations in different counties on me, allegations of sexual assault.
Speaker 10: I mean, you name it.
Speaker 8: Whatever do you want to make us?
Speaker 2: Was this okay?
Speaker 4: So wait wait wait, So after the final decree and after the child care plan for certain visitation, your wife then tried to take that away.
Speaker 8: Yeah, she just kept him. He never turned him over. She was actually supposed to pay five hundred I get it.
Speaker 2: How long?
Speaker 4: Okay, So the divorce was final on a certain date, and she never ever ever complied with visitation. Correct, even though you're telling me that the final decree and the parenting plan called for certain visitation.
Speaker 10: Correct.
Speaker 8: And I'll think it one step further. We finally got before a judge about six about five months ago, and addressed the court with her non compliance with the court order, and the judge asked her to bring my son to the court, whereas the next day I was given him in full custody. She was only allowed two hours of supervision time per week. After the third visit, she tried to false report that I had broken a protection order. She's got other false allegations against him.
Speaker 2: So wait a minute.
Speaker 4: So way you should have led with that, Dustin. You were given full custody. She was the one given, she was the one given visitation, and now she's trying to do. What is she trying to take away your custody? Or does she want to go back to joint or what is she trying to do?
Speaker 8: She's trying to destroy my life. Ultimately, that's all she's trying to do.
Speaker 4: I don't okay, but I need to know this. What is her end goal? Hold on, I get it, I get it, Dustin. That's everyone's goal in the divorce to destroy each other and let the kids suffer and be victims. That's everyone's goal. It shouldn't be, but unfortunately it is. So what I want to know is this, now that your wife is your ex is going after you, where is the child?
Speaker 2: Do you still have full custody?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 8: He's been with me since November thirteenth. I have him every single.
Speaker 9: Day, all day long.
Speaker 8: Yep.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: Now what kind of proof or evidence is she presenting for her accusations?
Speaker 8: Nothing? Literally nothing, it's all hearsay evidence. It's all verbal she's provided, like, okay, and what are the.
Speaker 4: How did she actually did she actually file these in court.
Speaker 10: Yes, I've been.
Speaker 8: There's been fifteen cases brought against me in court on allegations. That's been eleven days in jail for faith, fake out gas. To only have fifteen cases dismissed, it's great, it's crazy.
Speaker 4: Yes, give me an example of an accusation that landed you in jail.
Speaker 8: County, Yes, sir. At Denver County, she claimed that I had sexually molested my son, who was three years old at the time that I had that my son was a product of rapes, even though we were married, and that never happened during the time we were married as well, and my son was conceived. I was actually on probation, and man, there's a lot of details of the story, but.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like a let me ask you this.
Speaker 4: Were you on Were you on probation for sexual of any kind?
Speaker 2: Sexual charges of any kind?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 8: An online Internet of sense that she was fully aware of.
Speaker 2: Hold on the online? Was it with the youngsters?
Speaker 10: It was?
Speaker 2: Hold on, We'll.
Speaker 8: Come twenty twelve and I'm coming.
Speaker 2: Hold on, hold on, bro hold on, We'll come right back to you. I'm Tom Martino three oh three seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 4: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance. Paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your.
Speaker 2: Home with Remax Alliance.
Speaker 4: Three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: Hey, I'm Tom Martino. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Waterpros dot net.
Speaker 4: The best water systems at the lowest prices, and I mean the lowest prices anywhere you will get the best at the lower and right now you got to call for special pricing.
Speaker 2: Now I think.
Speaker 4: He's extending the Valentine's Day special thirty one ninety five for all house that's drinking water and softener and forever chemicals. It's the best deal of the century. Three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Okay, let's go back to the phones. We were trying to get an attorney to answer this Dustin. But I will say this, Okay, I did.
Speaker 2: I need to ask some basic questions.
Speaker 4: Basically, what you're saying is she keeps making accusations. The courts are used to this, Okay, they're used to this. Now you say all fifteen charges. She brought up fifteen charges and all were dismissed.
Speaker 2: Is that right?
Speaker 12: Yes, sir?
Speaker 2: Okay, So don't the courts go ahead? What did you say?
Speaker 8: There was a CPS report found that my son was being coached.
Speaker 10: To say things, and.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 4: So now now isn't it solved? Then you had hold on, isn't it solved? You had all fifteen discharged or dismissed, And.
Speaker 2: I mean, isn't it done currently?
Speaker 8: So currently, sir, I am facing one more false allegation of harassments, which is all calls that I had left as a record to just stay involved and connected to my son. And he also goes through the Talking Parents app. But her and her husband run a nonprofit legal service and they're they're they're just they're just on this like judicial attack. They're weaponizing the justices that it's been sett in court.
Speaker 4: So here's what I want to know, justin so right now, all the stuff you told us is behind you and the only thing going on now, And I don't mean it's I don't mean to sound like it's a walk in the park, but the only thing going on now is basically now they're going after you for harassment.
Speaker 8: And they're also suing me in the federal court for ten million dollars and also two other.
Speaker 4: Wait wait, why are they suing you for ten million dollars?
Speaker 8: They claim libel and slander because in court, under testimony or under oath, I said that I was I knew of her husband to have a violent history, which the judge agreed with me. That is literally it. That is literally it.
Speaker 2: Well then that would be thrown out, man, I would imagine.
Speaker 8: But I mean, I've been going to court for two years plus on this and I don't know where the justice is going to come and where the accountability.
Speaker 4: So what are you calling about? What are you calling about today? Dustin? It's pretty obvious we're not going to solve your problem. What are you calling about?
Speaker 8: Ultimately, I'm just looking for help. I mean, I'm looking for a solution, a wait, to prevent this harassment on me and my son.
Speaker 13: That's it.
Speaker 2: There's no way. There's no way. There's no way. All right.
Speaker 4: They're saying you're the one harassing. You're gonna have to let it play through the courts. Man, I wish I had better better answer for you, But truly, I don't anyone anybody can use the court systems now. If it's turns out she's abuse and abusive service and all or abusive.
Speaker 2: Uh, I don't know what they.
Speaker 4: Call it, but whatever it is, that'll be up to the judge. Dustin, this is terrible. Can you afford an attorney?
Speaker 8: Not really?
Speaker 13: But I have been.
Speaker 4: Now this ten million dollar lawsuit? Does it have any legs?
Speaker 2: I mean seriously, not legitimately.
Speaker 4: No, I'm not asking if you agree I it does. I'm asking you if she has any kind Did you make certain statements?
Speaker 2: Did it cause them damage? I have watched the straight Have you hired Have you hired an attorney yet?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 8: I've had one throughout the majority of this process and some of the stuff he's done for me pro.
Speaker 9: Bono, but it's been hard to keep up with payments.
Speaker 2: Well, well, it sounds like he's doing pretty good.
Speaker 5: If the fifteen different things he came after you so far, there's only one hanging out there and the rest went away.
Speaker 14: Yeah, yeah, he is.
Speaker 8: I'm just I don't know, man. I reached out because it's desperation time, you know, like he's suing my son's principles. She's doing obviously said you can use the justice of anybody.
Speaker 2: They're nuts. They sound like they're nuts.
Speaker 13: They are.
Speaker 2: What is he what is he suing? What is he suing the Sun's principle for? What is he saying? A careful what you say over the air too, brother? Yeah? What is he suing for the principle?
Speaker 8: For their upholding the court order of custody?
Speaker 2: Okay, because they were not letting him go.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he's not supposed to. You know, she only gets two hours supervised contact.
Speaker 4: So all right, listen, I feel for you, man, Dustin, I feel for you. I don't know what else to say. I mean, so you just gotta battle this out. Divorces are destructive. They're destructive. Most people, like I said, do false accusations. They don't care about their kids. Their number one goal is to destroy the other. And it's a sad, sad state of events.
Speaker 2: Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three E two five five Frank Durand the real estate Man. He gives information free of charge.
Speaker 4: Call him, ask him what your house will sell for, what it looks like compared to the marketplace, what you will net.
Speaker 2: He'll go through every detail. It's almost it's actually better than their appraisal because he uses actual sales figures and it's complimentary. Frank Duran the real Estate Man dot Com. No obligation three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 4: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot Com. Pay a cent until you're content. Wait time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance. Paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank Durand the real Estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Archino, your troubleshooter three oh three seven to one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. All right, so let's continue here on the show with uh Mary Ann, who has an.
Speaker 2: Issue with trash pickup. And speaking of trash, we got Dmitry in the house. Now that didn't sound right. Oh no, that did not sound right. Thanks Tom, But I want what Deputy d his other life. In his other life, Deputy DS, I'm in garbage. I'll be the first to admit recycling. You're in garbage? Yeah, is it?
Speaker 12: Well?
Speaker 4: Wait, just like remember in the graduates, Remember in the graduates, I got one word for you plastics.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Anyway, So now mid Dmitri at a wedding reception with Sego one word for you garbage, garbage.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you anyway, Marianne, what's going on?
Speaker 4: Dmitri is familiar with the recycling and trash business.
Speaker 2: So what's going on, Marianne.
Speaker 15: Well, we received I live in a condominium complex. We received notification at the beginning of February that we were changing trash vendors and the new vendor was going to be waste Connections. Well, they it came on the property around February sixth. They delivered some containers, some garbage bins, not all of them, and we have not seen them since. So we've had no garbage pickup since.
Speaker 4: Wait, so and so the other one was discontinuing and the new one was taking over.
Speaker 2: Correct And is this a subdivision on.
Speaker 15: The property since they delivered some garbage bins, we have four parking lots.
Speaker 4: Is this an apartment complex, a condo complex, a housing housing.
Speaker 15: Some condo complex, and.
Speaker 2: So they have dumpsters that you all use.
Speaker 15: They Well, the new garbage company, Waste Connections, brought some new garbage bins on the property, right, but they have not emptied any of the garbage since the beginning of February.
Speaker 2: Well, what is the HOA or the management company say.
Speaker 15: They have been. They have been in touch with Waste Connections too, and when not getting any response, I called JES today Waste Connections and all customer service was telling me, Oh, they've been on the property. They've been on the property. No one has been on the property. We've got trash all over the place.
Speaker 2: Now, how does it work?
Speaker 4: Do you put out your own bins or are they centralized bins?
Speaker 15: No, they belong to the waste connection.
Speaker 2: So it's a big dumpster. I know they belong to them.
Speaker 4: But does each condo have its own bins or how does it work? Or do you have a central bin or several central big bins.
Speaker 15: We have several central bins, got it on the property, and everybody dumps their garbage in these bins and this folks got it empty three times a week.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, this isn't surgery.
Speaker 5: You got to call up and figure out why they're not picking it up, right, I mean, it is a bill being paid.
Speaker 15: Well if we just signed the contract, so we haven't really had a bill yet.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's have Deputy d call over there right now. Yeah, Tom, I'll be happy to.
Speaker 16: I know a guy over there, so uh, I'll talk to Mary Anne get hurt.
Speaker 2: The trash biz. You know a guy in the trash Mikey the Shoe.
Speaker 16: So uh, let me get him a call and uh find out what's going on. It sounds like Marianne's complex, not the dumpsters, but they haven't started.
Speaker 4: See if you're talking to trash business, it's not Mikey the Shoe, it's Dino the disposer. Come on, that's the laws a disposer anyway. Three h three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Now Shannon as a special president. I want to see if this is going to work, because it's never worked. It hasn't worked since my new setup. I'm gonna try it.
Speaker 2: Hold on, see if you can hear something here like my dad? Wait, my dinger? No, don't you do yours? Do mine? I just heard it?
Speaker 4: Listen, did you hear Did you hear my dinger? Just let me know yes or no?
Speaker 2: Yes? Guys? Did you? Okay? I could barely hear it, barely see it, but yes. I don't know why it's so low, but okay, well, thank you.
Speaker 4: At least I have an idea that my dinger is working, because there was some doubt about that. Three oh three seven one three eight two five five eight eight eight Heating dot com. What they do is high efficiency replacements. But they also have that forty five dollars deep clean and they're great people and we know them, we love them eight eight eight Heating dot Com The number three oh three seven seven zero two seven seven six Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot Com.
Speaker 2: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 4: Time for an insurance checkup free no obligation comparison call compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three O three seven one three talk seven one three A two five five. Hey, how can we help you? We want to do that each and every day. That's what we do here, and so we're gonna go to the phones. Brian Burns is with us from Compass Insurance Group. And when they are here, by the way, we do these uh live insurance checkoffs, meaning you called, they're not live, they're live updates.
Speaker 2: They do them every day. But if you want to call.
Speaker 4: Three or three nine nine six nine thousand right now and ask for an insurance check up, what they do is go over your coverages, what you have and let you know if you're covered adequately or maybe you're paying for too much coverage or not enough, and how much you're paying, is it too much or is it a great deal. It's a total, one honest assessment of what you have. Three h three nine niney sixty nine thousand. Then what we're gonna do is We're gonna check back with Brian from time to time on those Mary Anne with this trash pickup, I have a very easy I'm sorry. We're gonna give it to Deputy D to call over there. I don't want to go back to her right now. I'm gonna wait for d.
Speaker 2: Jake. What's going on with you, Jake?
Speaker 9: I'm calling in here suggesting by my father. Apparently you're pretty good with the next steps and ideas on stuff on your No.
Speaker 2: Okay, what's going on with what's going on with your dad?
Speaker 13: Jake?
Speaker 2: What's going on?
Speaker 9: He was that suggested?
Speaker 2: It?
Speaker 9: Problems actually with my mom? Yeah, Mom got sold a car by the Mercedes Benz of Denver Folks, and I think, man, it's hard to know what to do next.
Speaker 4: All right, let's let's talk about this. Is this about purchase or service.
Speaker 10: Purchase?
Speaker 9: And so she was sold a car in November. This was a twenty twelve Sedan and.
Speaker 2: She's okay, was it was it a Was it a Mercedes?
Speaker 9: Nope, it was just a used vehicle. It was a It was a Nissan.
Speaker 2: Versa, Okay.
Speaker 4: So she bought a Nissan Versa, a twenty twelve in November, you said yep and okay.
Speaker 9: And what happened on the highway. She didn't get it evaluated by any third party. I think that these were both mistakes. She drove it off the lot and a couple of days later she was in the highway, rattled so bad it scared her half to death. She took it in to get it looked at. Andy. It was like three to four thousand dollars worth of safety repairs on top of this five thousand dollars she spent on.
Speaker 4: It, So she only spent five grand on it. How many miles were on it?
Speaker 9: Take one hundred and fifty or so. I think I'm pretty sure it was pretty similar for both vehicles to the level.
Speaker 2: Why didn't she Why don't you think?
Speaker 4: Why don't you think she got it checked out? With one hundred and fifty thousand miles on it?
Speaker 9: She trusted them and they said that their mechanics had checked it out and they said it was okay and was safe to drive.
Speaker 4: And did they put that on the invoice, that it was okay and safe.
Speaker 9: I'll have to check with her on that, but from from my understanding of her walking away from that, they had assured her updown left right in the center. But I say it was no good.
Speaker 4: They assured her of nothing. Jake, Here's what the contract said as is. Okay, I'm just going to tell you because I do this, I do this thousands of times a year. First, I give you the good the bad news. Then we try to find some good news in this to help you. But the bad news is it's the used car. And unless now listen carefully to what I say, to which most consumers say yes they did. Unless they lied to you, cheated you, or frauded you, there's nothing you can do about it. But with an as is purchase, they can't lie or cheat, or cover up or be fraudulent. Okay, Now that doesn't mean listen carefully. They don't have to tell you everything wrong with the car. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 10: Yeah, ripped up.
Speaker 7: News needed.
Speaker 1: That's who you don't have.
Speaker 14: Come running just as fast as we can.
Speaker 9: Show.
Speaker 2: Shooter's gonna help coming Man Dix. He is the Troubleshooter Show. Now Tom Martine. Hey, I'm Tom Martino. You're Troubleshooter. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: Three all three seven one three talk three all three seven one three eight two five five. Here to help you. We try to help you each and every day. The things that tick you off, the things that make you tick. This hour brought to you by Dan McKenzie. Dan McKenzie is an estate planning attorney and I know him, We've used him, I referred him. He's a very he's a good expert that we have on the show. For trusts or probate. If you're facing probate, avoiding probate, you wanna will you want an LLC to hold stuf that survives your death. It's a I call it a poor man's trust. Is actually more useful than a trust in many ways for businesses. He can clue you in on all these cool uh strategies, and he's there to answer your questions. Eight three three co plans eight three three c plans. He is live and local. It sounds like a national number, but he's live and local here in Denver A three three co plans. Now that's Dan mackenzie. Welcome to the show, everyone, and let's talk about your life.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: We left off with the guy, and I don't blame him for being upset. Listen, everyone is upset when they buy a car and that falls apart. And this is what happened with Jake. I want, I want, I just want to say this in a.
Speaker 12: Set.
Speaker 4: He's setting this up to where they are either liars or cheaters or dodgers or something, because here's what he said. They are shorter of this if if them started had serious safety issues and then he spoke to the other, but before where he could speak to him, they dodged him. Okay, now listen, all of that might be true. So far, they've done nothing wrong so far. This dealer sold her a used car as is with one hundred and fifty thousand miles on it, and she bought it and had trouble. Now, what they can't do is liar cheat. I don't think they did. I want to cut right to the chase. One of the only strategies, Jake, that I see that you have that will work.
Speaker 2: Is even under the law. Mark helped me out on this because I know, just to catch.
Speaker 5: Everybody up, though, how long did your mom have it before finding out this five thousand dollars vehicle needed seven grand worth of work?
Speaker 2: Was it like a day?
Speaker 10: A month?
Speaker 2: How long was it.
Speaker 9: He was three to four thousand dollars for repairs? And she only she only drove it like a day or two off the off the lot for she realized it rattled, and she took it in like that week afterwards.
Speaker 2: I think I think it's you understand.
Speaker 4: You understand she could have testro that before she did all of this and then taken it to him.
Speaker 2: So we got to start out on the right foot. And that is this, Jake.
Speaker 4: You don't have any special rights here that I know of, except Mark. This issue that we used to debate all the time in Colorado. Even when you buy a car as is.
Speaker 2: There must be certain working safety issues.
Speaker 4: Okay, so our safety equipment I'd like to know. When he said safety. What are you calling safety issues.
Speaker 9: I've got a couple of pictures of something. I can pull those up.
Speaker 2: I don't need Yeah, I just need to tell because here's what safety is considered. Here's what safety is considered by law.
Speaker 4: The vehicle must have functioning breakes, turn signals, break lights, tires, a windshield, a wind shield. It must have tires, but they can be very bad tires. It must have a horn, it must have seat belts, and it must have a mirror. Unless your safety concerns fall into those categories, you're not going to get a system.
Speaker 14: Now.
Speaker 4: There is another thing. It has to pass emissions. So tell me the safety issues. Tell me the safety issues.
Speaker 9: The struts were so messed up that you know, it really impairs.
Speaker 4: That's not a safety that's not a safety issue.
Speaker 2: Okay, what else? What else? I'm trying to.
Speaker 4: Give you ammunition. I'm not trying to trick you. I want you to know that, Jack, I'm not Jake. I'm not trying to trick you. I'm trying to give you ammunition. Where's your ammunition. Let's let's talk about it, yep.
Speaker 9: I think the ones that come to mind are shock observers. The struts the mass airflow sensor is completely broken, and the two induction system is messed up.
Speaker 4: Plus not one of those things, Not one of those things is considered a vital safety issue.
Speaker 2: Not one of them. Now you can go try to change the law, but you're not going to that's not considered. That's not considered. I would love to do a test case on one of these and actually sue them.
Speaker 5: And I love the idea that this one's only five thousand bucks for this vehicle because it's under small claims. I think he, I really think you should have your mother sue him in small claims court.
Speaker 4: It's only going to cost under what under what under breach? Wait wait, wait, under breach of contractor what?
Speaker 5: I would actually draw out that those shocks in the struts in the housings are a true safety component with the steering. I would make those arguments. I don't know where it's going to go, so don't get me wrong, but I would love to actually test the theory because those laws have been around forever. But I can't think of anybody that's actually held a dealer's.
Speaker 2: Feet to the fire.
Speaker 4: He Jake Mark has a point, and that is because of the price of that car. You are in a unique position to sue them for breach of safety. Now it's an implied contract by law that it has to be safe.
Speaker 2: Now, in my opinion, you're going to lose.
Speaker 4: However, I think what will happen is this if you try to make the argument that the struts in the shocks are part of safety, and whatever you do, he doesn't even have to be legal ease. You just try to make the and your mom has to do this. Of course you can help her, but you can't be our counsel when you do this. What's probably going to happen is they're going to want to settle with you.
Speaker 2: That's what Mark is getting at. I believe what you get. Is that what you're getting.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I think he might Okay, I'm going off of what he's saying. But if his mom brought this over to say Kevin Caulkin, and Kevin goes, yeah, these these strut towers, you know, these things could break. This thing's a danger. That is gonna be great. Plus I'm sure Kevin would show up as a witness and be an actual witness, So I.
Speaker 2: Think that would be great.
Speaker 5: But if they get over there and Honestly, we're talking about shocks that really just are old and it's gonna wear tires and stuff, but it's not dangerous. That's a little bit different. I think we need someone outside of him and his mother to say this thing's dangerous.
Speaker 4: Well, at least it's something to try, Jake, So I want you to do that. Call share It in Auto Tech. He'll do a courtisy check of this and give you an opinion. He'll give you an opinion on whether it's unsafe or not.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you bring it over to Kevin, have them look at it, then have them call me and him and I will talk and then let's let's all get together in pow Wow and figure.
Speaker 2: Out how to go forward. But it's only going to cost her fifty bucks.
Speaker 5: And I think it's a great test because I'll tell you what if Mercedes bens of day, if there is a safety issue and they don't want to make it right, I'll sit here every damn day and make sure people know that they lost in court when they actually were trying to fight a bad car they sold.
Speaker 2: So, uh, Jake, you know what to do right.
Speaker 4: Number One, get a courtesy inspection from shared An Auto Tech. Three oh three, four five five, seventy two, forty two. And then I want you to have him talk to Mark and tell him we're trying to make a case that the car is unsafety drive. Okay, then stay in touch with us, yeah, okay. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five Kelly, make sure I get home the info. By the way, renew Home Innovations the most beautiful shower conversions I have ever seen. Really now, porcelain, Mark, I think you have porcelain in your shower, right, isn't that what I was oohing aweing about the other day when you showed me that shower that.
Speaker 2: Arsteve, I do believe. I don't think, man, I honest to God, one of them you Mark.
Speaker 4: I think Sue said it was porcelain. But here's the deal. Porcelain is the most beautiful. And they make sheet porcelain at renew home innovations dot Com. They use sheet porcelain with no you don't need any groud or any grout lines or anything. It's all one continuous sheet. It's beautiful and no maintenance. They do it in two or three days. Seventy two months to pay beautiful stuff and great prices. They custom make the shower for your movements there they're beautiful. Renew Home Innovations dot com three oh three nine or A four two thousand Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance comps find out now three all three seven seven to one.
Speaker 2: Help.
Speaker 4: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, you're a troubleshooter. I got to figure out how to rotate my video source storing the break. I was playing a video for my YouTube morons. Hey three all three seven on three talks seven on three eight two five five with Brian Burns with us from Compass Insurance Group.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, why is that on? I didn't do that?
Speaker 4: Is that you?
Speaker 2: Are you screwing with me? Shannon?
Speaker 4: It's not making us pretty soon Okay, pretty soon, I'm gonna be like lodging formal complaints. Now here to for it's been Oh I've been talking about it, but I'm gonna be talking formal complaints. And it's gonna be uh making fun or whatever you're doing in danger during.
Speaker 2: Some a person.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna call myself a person at risk because I'm over sixty five. I'm a person at I'm a person at risk. Uh, Don you wanted to say something, go ahead, don.
Speaker 10: Sorry? Yeah, Hi, Tommy.
Speaker 13: I wanted to give a quick shout out to.
Speaker 10: Euro Plumbing.
Speaker 9: They came in yesterday to one man for me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, Mark, euro Plumbing still around, right, don't we have him on a referral lest he'll probably be back.
Speaker 5: We'll be doing probably spots for him in another couple of months. Hey, don, how would he charge you?
Speaker 10: They turned you twenty one hundred. But I got a I'm got a real old building, so they had to do some.
Speaker 2: Oh nice commercially. Wait wait, that's a that that's that's not a lot of money at all. Man. Yeah, for a commercial, that's a great deal.
Speaker 10: No, it's it's not a commercial, it's a residential.
Speaker 12: But he had to do some extra stuff.
Speaker 5: Okay, they did, so I have two fifty gallons in my house time. So when they came out to mind last year, here's what I did. I did one of the fifty gallons. I replaced both. I did it a very high recovery system, so that one costs more than the average. Then the secondary that I only fire up if like we've got a bunch of people over and staying with us, like for Thanksgiving. I mean, that's about the only time I fired it up. But because the house had to, I went ahead and did too. But I got both of them, the high recovery and the other one, all installed for less than four grand. Oh my god, that's unbelievable.
Speaker 2: It is unbelievable. WHOA all right now?
Speaker 4: Uh, well, thank you, don We really do appreciate that you're a plumbing Colorado dot net. They're a great sponsor. Hey, Mark, you have a comment on annuities.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, Mark, Yeah, I just.
Speaker 13: Said a couple of comments. Tom the guy was saying that the well person could not lose any of his money that he put into this product was guaranteed for life. His income was guaranteed for life. He should also add or perhaps you should also add the guarantee is only as good as the insurance company or whatever company is selling the product. For example, several insurance companies have gone out of business as a mark for fires and mark.
Speaker 2: But to be fair, you're right, you're right.
Speaker 4: But to be fair, I looked up I think it was a couple of weeks ago when this came up.
Speaker 2: This came up before, and.
Speaker 4: The number of failures on actual annuities we're next to nothing like two or three in the last one hundred years.
Speaker 13: Oh boy, oh boy. I've seen quite different research.
Speaker 2: But in any event, Okay, I'm going to actually show you the research.
Speaker 4: I'm going to show you. I'm going to show you. I'm going to look it up. I have it, and I think listen, I'm not telling you you're you're wrong. You're right when you say the guarantee is based on the company.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, the.
Speaker 5: American dollars based on our army. So everything's based on something. To me, that's just a redimi mark. You can say that about any damn thing in the world. Mark, if I can finish. I was saying corporate bonds that are called guaranteed corporate bonds and municipal bonds are also contingent on the underlighting underwriting underwriter. There are no you know, insurance or fdi C or anything like that. So he's right in that respect. And and maybe people.
Speaker 4: Don't like when you say one guaranteed because technic it's not. I mean it's there is a possibility an insurance company can falter. And now remember all of these that he is dealing with, I know are one hundred years or older. And I'm not arguing with you that technically you're incorrect. You're not, but I don't think you have the number of failures properly. How many do you feel how many people or how many do you feel that actually had annuities that lost all of their money?
Speaker 13: Let's see, Tom, I'm not in my office right now, so I can't give you the results of that research. But let me just tell you that if I was an older hope and I put all my money into this product being guaranteed that it would be never lose a penny and be income for me for life, it only takes one failure to hurt my retirement.
Speaker 2: So I'm just called to first of all, Tom, you know more about this than I know First of all, I know listen, Mark, let me just say something here. I think I recognize Mark. I know Mark very well. Mark. Mark gave me.
Speaker 4: Mark is a very wealthy man, and he has given me advice over the years that I cannot deny, absolutely positively cannot deny. In fact, when I talked to him about my fund many years ago, he said, Tom, what you need is a company around it.
Speaker 13: Now.
Speaker 4: Funds are okay, but you really need a company when and that's when I started formalizing Waveight Wealth Management.
Speaker 2: It was him. It was him, And he knows this because I wrote to him and thanked him.
Speaker 4: And he says, you need an officer of a compliance officer, you need a president, you need a real organization.
Speaker 2: What you have is good, but what people want is a company they can deal with.
Speaker 4: And they want to know who's you know, the custodians of the money, and they want to know the strategies and a real company. So I can call and say, hey, can I speak to your CEO? Or can I speak to your investment officer? And but Mark, knowing, I just recognize your voice. Mark, I don't really think though a lot of.
Speaker 2: Them have failed on the fixed indextinuity side.
Speaker 5: I'm pretty sure the state at least Colorado also backs those accounts for you know, somewhere around five hundred thousand, similar to FDIC.
Speaker 6: But it's not nice.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, they're there's a state guaranteur of insurance companies.
Speaker 13: Go out, May I speak them on? Please?
Speaker 2: Yes, go ahead, sir?
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 13: Number one, all I wanted to do was to have you or the person selling the products say that it is not and could never be one hundred percent guaranteed. And you've done that and you've confirmed that, and that's.
Speaker 2: All I want.
Speaker 13: On a number two, the state does not guarantee the annuities.
Speaker 4: Okay, now, mark one thing, one thing real quick, thank you. Hold on, they're not federally insured. There is something called listen carefully. The state guarantee association. Each state ensures these funds to cover policy holders. However, coverage limits range from two hundred and fifty thousand to five hundred max historical failures. While some insurance companies offering annuities have failed, most policy holders were not left completely empty handed. The state guarantee associations have typically ensured that annuity contract holders continue to receive benefits up to the coverage limits. Now, not the coverage they bought, but the coverage limits of the state. In some cases, larger insurance companies actually acquired failing companies policies and minimized any disruption whatsoever.
Speaker 2: Well, how's that possible?
Speaker 11: Mark?
Speaker 5: Mark just told us all in his infinite wisdom that they don't do that. So I'm confused, Tom, Mark Mark.
Speaker 2: What he said was, what.
Speaker 13: Is the infinite wisdom comment? That's a little distress.
Speaker 2: I don't understand Mark, Mark.
Speaker 17: Mark.
Speaker 2: I will tell you. He just came out. I will tell you this. Listen, just and hang on a bit.
Speaker 4: Just okay, Mark, you have no idea who you're talking to. You just came out and said the States Mark not guarant anything. That's exactly what he said.
Speaker 8: Mark.
Speaker 4: He doesn't have infinite wisdom, but he can buy and sell you six thousand.
Speaker 2: He can have money. Wrong on that, Tom, He was wrong on Mark, and he said it. Mark, If you shut up for a second, I can explain to you where he was not really wrong.
Speaker 4: Okay, he said, it's not Are you telling me that that they're one hundred percent guaranteed, because they're not.
Speaker 5: I said somewhere between one hundred thousand and maybe five hundred thousand is the exact numbers I gave. Okay, depending on the state, and depending on the number of participants, they can get one hundred to five hundred depending on the state. Now here's the other thing, though, there are better examples where other companies come in and buy policies of the failing companies and make them good and they're But the state guarantee associations are a piss poor excuse for guarantees because they're they're you know, just like FDICE is.
Speaker 2: Unless you have very.
Speaker 4: Small annuities, then you would be fine. You would be absolutely fine. Now, Executive Life Insurance Company in nineteen ninety one failed and it was one of the biggest failures of annuity holders, and through the state guarantee associations and restructuring efforts, some some not all, received funds, others were left high and dry. Nineteen ninety one, Confederation Life nineteen ninety four US policy holders received protection from state guarantee funds enough to cover everyone. Pen Treaty Network America twenty seventeen focused on long term care insurance along with some annuities, and it said it's an example of how the state regulator stepped in to protect these.
Speaker 2: Policy holders for the long term care part of it.
Speaker 4: The bottom line is, according to this research, no major instances exist where fixed indexed annuity holders lost everything. Okay, State guarantee associations provide a bit of a safety net for smaller annuities due diligence. Before purchasing any annuity, check the financial strength of the insurance company through am Best Moodies or Standard and Poors. So that's basically it. But I think what he was trying to stress is it's not one hundred percent guaranteed. And I hear that used all the time. It's just not Now. Granted, the instances of loss are pretty small.
Speaker 2: They're pretty small.
Speaker 4: Three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: Hi Tom Martino here three oh three seven one three talk. Oh my goodness, three oh three seven on three eight two five five. Sometimes I think I should quit the technology business. Here trying to never mind us. You don't anyway. So by the way, Brian Burns is with us with his son Riley. And by the way, Riley must look like mom. That's all I have to say.
Speaker 4: Compass Insurance Group three oh three nine ninety six nine thousand, get your insurance check up.
Speaker 2: And what we're gonna do is compare some of the prices.
Speaker 4: People call in and say, here's my dext page, Here's what I'm paying, this is what I'm insured for.
Speaker 9: You know what?
Speaker 2: What's the market looking like? Anyway?
Speaker 14: Paul?
Speaker 2: Uh, your turn? What's going on? Paul?
Speaker 10: Yeah? Tom?
Speaker 2: What's happening the way?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Tom, Paul.
Speaker 4: If you're listening to the radio, you're gonna take about ten seconds to hear yourself.
Speaker 2: I'd rather you just talk to me ahead, Yeah, yeah, all right.
Speaker 12: A friend of mine, a brother, sixty year old brother died unexpectedly.
Speaker 2: He lived alone.
Speaker 12: I don't think he's ever married. She's trying to put the state together, and of course part of that is looking at the laptop and his soll phone, but it sho doesn't have passwords. I suggest that you go to the Apple store, show them the death of It, explain the situation. But there tole Vision Dum, it couldn't help her.
Speaker 4: So I'm looking for others, right, I don't know, Actually I actually don't know. I'm wondering if our geek knows ey Ted who listens now? And then I I don't know what you do because even even the FBI could.
Speaker 5: Not or was it Homeland Security mark, they couldn't get well. I think you can get a court order now. And I don't know if that's something Bradley O'Brien or not. Bradley O'Brien, Oh jeez, who's our I can't even think of his name now are a state attorney? But anyhow, I bet it's something got it. I cannot be. I bet Dan's dealt with it. But I'm pretty sure you can get a court order now if the person's passed away, and you can prove the property and then I guess Apple might open it.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure. Is it Let me ask you this, Paul. Is it an Apple? Is it a cell phone?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 12: It's an iPhone?
Speaker 9: And as far as I'm okay, I just know that both Apple products.
Speaker 2: Right, man, Okay, I think you can.
Speaker 5: Let's ask that there might be a legacy contact too. I think with an eye account, Well, you got an iPhone, can't you set up a legacy person like your wife or kids to where they'll get access or.
Speaker 2: Easier than that, just have a drop dead list.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I think actually, when you get an iPhone, I thought there is like a legacy account.
Speaker 2: Actually I didn't know that, Mark, I mean, I have to look.
Speaker 5: But now, no, I'm saying, you guys don't know. Maybe he did do one. I don't know the answer.
Speaker 2: You guys want me to call Dan McKenzie and ask him. Yeah, let's do that. Kick on all right?
Speaker 16: Maybe come on, okay, I'll say, I'll ask Kelly to give him a call.
Speaker 2: Has he this sounds a little strange, but has he been buried?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 5: I wonder face recognition and I'm not kidding. Yeah, fingerprint, fingerprint or fingerprint? I mean, I don't know how that works after someone passes.
Speaker 2: Well, I know in the spy movies when they kill someone they take their finger and open their phone and they just carry the finger around I know, or the eyeball. That's even better. Now here's the deal. I think that we might get Dan McKenzie to weigh in on this. Then if I Ted is listening, uh, give us a call.
Speaker 4: Three O three seven to one three talk seven one three two five five Paul Dmitri, No, no, why don't just well, let's do this kitchena If Dan McKenzie's around right now, we'll keep Paul on.
Speaker 2: If not, we'll call him back.
Speaker 10: I got it.
Speaker 4: Three O three seven one three two five five. Christy, you want to know about breaking a lease? Go ahead, Christy.
Speaker 18: Yes, my son is closing on a first house at the beginning of March and his he wants to move out at the end of March, but his.
Speaker 17: Lease goes through July.
Speaker 18: The least break see is two months rent, so at a minimum, he's liable for that, But the company is saying if they don't re rent the place, he's also liable for April, May, June, and July.
Speaker 4: So my question is, well, listen, let me just tell you in a nutshell, he's obligated for whatever he can tractually signed up to do, and then they have to make a good faith effort to what's called mitigate losses. Then the difference is what he would hold on And I'll discuss more of it right after this hold on, go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 2: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 4: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one.
Speaker 2: Help.
Speaker 4: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three O three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 2: Let's go to the phones and we have this.
Speaker 4: Uh, let's see Christy whose son needs to break a lease?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 4: Oh, good, Dan McKenzie, Well, oh we have Dan McKenzie for the other thing. Let me go to Dan Real quick, Dan, Thank you, Dan McKenzie. Uh So, if you ever had someone come to you that was the representative of an estate and they couldn't get into their their either father, mother, brother, whoever they're the estate representative for, they couldn't get into their iPhone or their iPad.
Speaker 2: Do you have a way of getting the courts to allow that to happen or how do you handle that?
Speaker 19: I mean, it certainly can try into the poenat There is now a law that a uniform on I forget whether it's probably California would have to adopt it regarding whether people can use passwords to access virtual assets, which an Apple account is. It really is a pretty, uh an increasingly problematic issue because people have a lot of stuff that is valuable information on the phone. Obviously, so there are every company that's kind of got its own policies and procedures. I don't know if yours. Has your caller tried anything yet as far as dealing with Apple directly.
Speaker 5: He went to the Apple store with a death certificate and the phone and that's it.
Speaker 2: They never petitioned the court or anything like that.
Speaker 19: Dam it probably would be. It would probably involve sending I guess we don't. Also don't know do we know whether this person actually opened to probate?
Speaker 4: Okay, so Paul, did did the person involve here? Did your friend's brother's sister your I've choose you. Yeah, your friend's sister did. Did she open probate? Yes, okay she did, and she was appointed personal representative and she has a death certificate?
Speaker 2: Did she bring all that to the store.
Speaker 10: To growth this certificate? Because you're born for Els, I.
Speaker 19: Am skeptical that the store is going to really be the place. I mean, it's probably involves, you know, sending the paperwork actually to Apple in Coopertino, California, because a lawyer is going to have to look at it and verify that it's all correct and up to date. I don't think these people at the store are going to have that training.
Speaker 5: But the bottom line thing you're going to happen. The bottom line Dan, is there is a way to do this. Now, for the most part, there is, yes.
Speaker 19: I mean every kind of like every company has its own policies and procedures, and they can be a little bit difficult at times. That there is, Like I said, there is now a law. It's called a uniform law where it's like this has been put out. It's kind of a law that every state can adopt, and various states have adopted it. Just then, Yeah, here's a method for getting access to an account like this, and it usually would provide it would require providing the letters from the court and the death certificate. But you know, we got to look up Apple's procedures and do that, and so I said, it probably would be requiring sending something in the mail to Kupertino.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 2: By the way, Paul, what is the estate worth and all?
Speaker 17: Do you know?
Speaker 10: I know there is a payoff house, probably six hundred thousand.
Speaker 2: It might be worth hiring an attorney to get into that.
Speaker 4: It might be worth getting if he had investments and stuff, it might be worth having an attorney help get that password unlocked through the proper channels.
Speaker 2: Three O three seven one three talks seven to three five five.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Christy, Now your son wants to leave early to go into the house he's closing on. I understand that completely, and people do that all the time, but they are responsible for the lease. What the landlord must do is make a good faith effort to release it out and not just sit on it so your son keeps paying.
Speaker 2: So which part is in conflict? Right now?
Speaker 18: I have two questions. One would be how do we know if the landlord's doing that? And the other question is if they want to charge them a two month lease break feet and he ends up being responsible for April, May, June, and July, can we just pay them four months or do we actually owe them six months?
Speaker 2: Okay? You never owe more.
Speaker 4: You never owe more than the lease, Okay, never, So I don't even know what they're talking about.
Speaker 2: If you pay each month, that's what you owe.
Speaker 4: You wouldn't have to pay because you're not really breaking the lease, you're just keeping it vacant. So that kind of answers itself. If you were going to do it that way, you would pay four months rent and then.
Speaker 2: Be done with it. I got more coming up.
Speaker 4: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one.
Speaker 2: Help You'll think you're his only customer.
Speaker 4: When you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Rips, you don't have come, Run in just as fast as you can.
Speaker 14: Show Shooter's gonna help coming.
Speaker 3: Man, this is the Troubleshooter Show. No, Tom Martino, Welcome, Welcome to.
Speaker 5: The only show of its kind. We are here to solve problems, answer questions, take complains. You guys, get the idea. We're here to educate you make your life's just a little bit better. Three zero three Martino, that's a phone number. By the way, over three hundred million dollars cash merchant ice exchanges refunds.
Speaker 2: Directly due to this show.
Speaker 5: Speaking of issues, Joe's got a problem with a bathroom remodel.
Speaker 2: Hey Joe, what's going on? Man?
Speaker 10: Hey not Tom.
Speaker 14: So we did a master bathroom model and part of the remodel was to install a very large shower completely enclosed, so that we would have a steamy shower.
Speaker 10: Nice, but not a steam shower.
Speaker 14: Okay. So it's got on all services. It's got either glass or tile, including the ceiling. Okay, went into this. The work that they did, the contractor did, I think is very good. I have no complaints about it. They hired a glass company, a subcontractor.
Speaker 12: Who was.
Speaker 14: Who was what?
Speaker 2: Who was the glass company?
Speaker 14: I think their name is Elite Glass.
Speaker 2: Okay, keep going.
Speaker 5: There's not many people. There's not many people in the state that do shower glass like that. In fact, the most of get it out of state and bring it in. One of the big ones I take is Columbine Class.
Speaker 2: But keep going.
Speaker 4: Keep yeah.
Speaker 14: I mean it was six weeks to rebuild the bathroom and then another six weeks for the glass.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they come out. They got to measure it, you got to have everything else build I understand.
Speaker 14: Yeah, yeah, yeah. So we got the glass installed yesterday.
Speaker 20: During the installation of the glass, at the end of it, the installer says to me, now, you know, you can't take too steaming of a shower because you don't have an escape for the steam.
Speaker 14: And I said what, and he said yeah. In a steam shower, they normally have an escape valve or relief valve or something to allow the steam to escape. Now I don't have a steam shower. I just have an enclosed shower.
Speaker 2: I have no idea at all. I have no idea what that person's talking about.
Speaker 4: That's not true at all. The steam goes down the drain, exactly, steam goes down the drain.
Speaker 2: Our steam shower's got an auto flush on it.
Speaker 5: You don't even have a steam shower, as you said, you got a steamy shower that water falls to the ground and goes right out the drain.
Speaker 2: Plus you do have some breathing room.
Speaker 5: If you look at that glass where you open the door up, I would assume you've got a little bit of daylight, right.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, I do, of course. Yeah, So your your shower will drain like a normal shower. What did they mean by an escape? What are they talking about event No, well they are.
Speaker 14: Talking about if you when you have an actual steam shower, you have an inlet for the steam and an exit for the steam.
Speaker 4: I guess that's what you No, you don't know, you don't I've had six I've had six steam showers active and there's not one of them that had a vent ever.
Speaker 2: And I just I literally just got one put in less than two months ago.
Speaker 14: Okay, Well that's I'm I mean, I didn't know, I mean, I'm like, what, that's why I had this? That's I mean, look, I paid fifty grand for the damn shower and you can't.
Speaker 2: How the hell do you pay fifty grand for azer? It's easy, Tom Mark fifty five zero. No, that was probably with his other bathroom.
Speaker 14: So hello, hello, that's for a little bathroom model, fours cabinets, knew everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 14: Also, okay, look I have I have ten foot ceilings and I got the biggest shower that they could build. So there's a lot of pile in there plus the ceiling places.
Speaker 5: Hey, Joe, why didn't you add a curiosity? You built it up like that? Why not spend another, i don't know, fifteen grand and put in a mister steam.
Speaker 2: I'm just curious.
Speaker 14: Because if I want to go there, I'm going to do that in another bathroom. It just wasn't necessary.
Speaker 2: Cool, you wouldn't use it there, I did.
Speaker 10: What's that I said?
Speaker 2: You probably just wouldn't use it there? I get it.
Speaker 14: Yeah, exactly. So look it's a beautiful shower. They did beautiful work. I just was freaked out when the guy says, oh, don't don't put too much steam.
Speaker 10: In here your walls.
Speaker 2: Well, Joe, I'm gonna.
Speaker 14: I'm going to go with you guys. I don't know how it could.
Speaker 2: Do that, So I'm fine, he's going with Tom and not Tom. Yeah, that's right, Tom and not Tom. Thank you, Joe, all right?
Speaker 4: And you know what they would call in your case would be not Joe anyway, not trail three shoe Joe, Yeah, trail three seven on three eight two five five, okay in any case. Brian Burns, Compass Insurance Group. Somebody wants to know about an insurance checkup, and they want to know, is there any percentage at which you decide to switch over or not?
Speaker 6: Well, right now, it seems like almost every rate is going up enough to be past, you know, a minimum, Like we used to do a minimum if it was if it wasn't going up more than ten percent, then we wouldn't automatically shop. We would just we'd call and still have a conversation and if they want us to shop, we would do it, but it just wouldn't be automatic. But that's so it's so hard to find that now that we shop almost every single person that's coming up for renewal. That doesn't mean we recommend that everybody move. We look to see and if what they've got is better, we'll tell them that. Or a lot of times now when someone's renewals coming up, we start shopping. But the new carriers, you know, if you're trying to write a new policy, they're requiring higher deductibles. Some carriers will go as high as like a two percent minimum win in hail. And so if they are grandfathered into the current carrier, let's say they're with a carrier now that's letting them have it with a twenty five hundred dollars wind tail deductible, and the new carrier is going to be the equivalent of a ten thousand deductible. Even if they're saving money, we try to explain that and then let them make that call. Hey, you know, I mean, yes, you're saving you know, eight nine hundred bucks a year, but you're also taking on an additional seventy five hundred dollars of risks exactly exactly, So we just try to have the conversation with them.
Speaker 2: Brian, We we talk about this a lot.
Speaker 4: But somebody texted me, when does it is it cheaper to add your kid? And here's what their reasoning is. If I add my kid to my insurance, I have a high deductible excuse me, a high umbrella, high limits, blah blah blah. What if my kid just gets a car, a used car, and ensures it under his own name for himself, Is that cheaper than keeping him under the household No?
Speaker 6: I mean I never see it being cheaper to do that, because you're putting it only in the kid's name, So then you have a policy just for the kid, and so automatically the rate's going to be substantially higher than if I was using you know, an adult's information, their insurance score, their prior history, you know. So it's going to be more expensive to do that. Secondly, you would have to exclude him on all the other cars, So then all of a sudden he wouldn't be able to drive any other car in the household. He or she wouldn't be able to drive any other cars in the household. And on the flip side, you would be excluding the parents and any other drivers on his policy. It just it doesn't make sense to do it that way.
Speaker 4: Okay, So in other words, if you have a household policy and you have other cars, the safest, best, and it's not going to be expensive, is to just raid him in the home policy or her in the home policy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and I don't know if it's not expensive. I get it's expensive to add young drivers, but it's it's the best way to do it from both the coverage standpoint and the cost standpoint. Now, at some point the kid moves out of the house, it's twenty he or she is twenty one, they own their car. I totally understand splitting them off and then, uh, you know, that's when you want to do that. But while they're members of the household, Uh, you want to go ahead and just keep them on your policy. I you know, sometimes it happens where a young driver has multiple tickets or accidents and you don't have any choice other than to exclude them from your policy and have to get a separate policy for them. But that's just so expensive to do. It's not ideal.
Speaker 4: Okay, we had more coming up three oh three, seven to one to three talks seven one, three, eight, two five five One Clear Choice garage doors. Talking about cars, let's talk about garages. One Clear Choice garage Doors. I've been representing these guys for years and years. They are simply one of the most efficient best garage door companies around, whether it's the opener or any part of the door. One clear choice doors dot com, with all of their prices clearly marked on that website. One clear Choice Doors dot Com seven to zero three seven zero thirty nine eighty seven. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 2: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 4: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. I Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. We're talking about steam showers and porcelain showers and big showers. Wait till I show you this one. Somebody just sent me renew Home Innovations something they just did.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: Anyway, he tells me that you can go up to one hundred grand in a shower if you make it big enough and bad enough.
Speaker 2: I mean, think about that.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying that's run of the mill, but it can be that. Brian got another text for you. By the way, we're taking calls on any and all topics, but if you have any insurance checkups you want to do, you can call a Compass insurance directly three oh three nine nine six nine thousand, nine nine six nine thousand, and we'll get you a comparison.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 2: Somebody wants to know, if a kid doesn't live with me, can they still be on my household policy?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 6: So usually it depends on the age. Uh, but if a kid doesn't live with you, especially if they're in college, then it's no problem at all. Policies will usually let you keep them on your policy until the age of twenty five, where they start running in problems. If they truly have moved to another state, they have their own license there and that kind of stuff, they really need to get insurance in that state, register the car that they have there. But so I guess the best answer is it depends on the exact situation, But yes, you can in certain circumstances still ensure your kids on your policy even if they're not in the household.
Speaker 4: Okay, and does still does that work out? I mean it's the same, right, They don't rate them differently, do they know?
Speaker 6: And so you know, when we were just talking a minute ago, the good thing to do is to find a company that will allow you to assign operators to specific vehicles. And not all companies do that. A lot of them just say that they're all listed. You know, there's not really any kind of assignment to a specific vehicle. They're just all on the policy. Whereas there's other carriers that will allow you to assign a driver to a specific vehicle. It does not mean they can't drive the other vehicles. They're not excluded from the other vehicles. But the rate is derived from the fact that this is the car they're assigned to. That and usually with young drivers, that's a you know, those companies seem to be more competitively priced because they do it that way.
Speaker 2: Oh, I get it, I get it.
Speaker 4: Okay, three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 2: So if you are looking for comparisons, do we have any we can compare right now?
Speaker 6: Brian, I was just looking here I do have one that just showed up here from one of the guys that is working on quotes right now. It looks like a customer called up there with All State and it looks like we were able to move them or quote them to a company called Travelers, and yeah, the UH saved them fourteen hundred dollars a year and increase the liability they were. Oh man, they only had twenty five to fifty liability. So if if they were to get into an accident and it hurts someone the most, their policy was going to pay us twenty five thousand dollars. And it looks like we moved them up to two hundred and fifty thousand dollars, so you know, ten times the amount of coverage and saved them fourteen hundred dollars a year.
Speaker 2: Holy crap, that's pretty good, don't you think.
Speaker 6: Yeah, no, that's great. And it looks like they also we quoted an umbrella, a one million dollar umbrella. So these people own a home. It's just amazing to me when people call and they have these low liability limits and they have no idea that you know, what it is they have there that if they if they get into an accident. They're you know, they could stand to lose everything because someone it takes nothing to get over twenty five thousand dollars and then they'll come after them individually. So it's just it's incredible whenever I see that, because people have been with the company maybe for you know, for a long long time, never have you know, don't have any kind of reviews with their policy. And so they were carrying the same liability limit they carried when they were in college and their net worth was not even close exactly, and now they have a much higher net worth, but they haven't ever increased their liability limit to kind of go along with it.
Speaker 4: All right, thank you now, Jeff, by the way, for the insurance check up or for compass at any time.
Speaker 2: Three h three nine nine six nine thousand, nine nine six nine thousand, Jeff, what's going on with you?
Speaker 14: Man?
Speaker 2: He all, sir, Yes, sir, yes, what's going on?
Speaker 10: I just have a complaint with icon I Care.
Speaker 4: Okay, And by the way, full disclosure, they did a procedure for me, two procedures years ago, and they were a sponsor here they're no longer a sponsor. I mean, I have no reason why they're not. I mean, what I mean is that they did clear lens exchanges for me. What's going on with them?
Speaker 10: That's exactly why I went to them, just because of your experience that you had. You know, yeah, I heard your story about that. I had the same procedure done the new change.
Speaker 2: You wanted to go without glasses, right right.
Speaker 10: Right right. So I went in on the twenty first and had the surgery done twenty first of what I'm sorry, November twenty first of twenty four. I went in and had the procedure done on both eyes, had them both done at the same time, and I paid out of pocket because my insurance wouldn't cover it. So I went in, went back, Everything went great, went through all the follow ups. I had one little issue. I had a high pressure in my right eye, so they put me on some drops and we're monitoring the pressure. I went back for my final you know, for the lock in treatment on Disney.
Speaker 3: What is that?
Speaker 2: What kind of treatment? Wait?
Speaker 14: What kind of treatment they where they.
Speaker 10: Locked the vision in? You know, how they monitor your vision for the first couple of weeks after you get the lenses put in.
Speaker 2: And what does that mean? Lock it in? No? I never had that done. What does that mean lock it in?
Speaker 10: Well, it means once you're happy with where your your vision is, they do it. They can laser procedure to lock it in where it is.
Speaker 2: Oh, I didn't know. I didn't know that.
Speaker 4: All I did was I did one eye and it healed and then I waited where I can see close and far. It took three months and then it was perfect. Then I went and had the other eye done and it only took a month to come in. But I never went back. I never had any lazy But anyway, go ahead. What happened then?
Speaker 10: Okay? So I had that all done, and after I went back for my final lock in treatment, they wanted to follow up and check my pressure in my right eye and between I had an appointment scheduled on January seventh to twenty twenty five, and the Sunday before that, I kind of developed some floaters and blurry vision in my right eye.
Speaker 2: So how old are you?
Speaker 10: I am sixty three.
Speaker 2: That's pretty calmon the floaters, Yeah, go.
Speaker 10: Ahead, okay, So I had an appointment. If this started on a Sunday, and I had an appointment on Tuesday, so I just thought i'd just bring it up to him on Tuesday when I go in for the appointment. So I went in and I seen an entotometrist and he looked at it and says, yeah, sometimes you have a gel sack in the back of your eye, that kind of that's right. As we get older, that's right.
Speaker 4: And in fact, it happens a lot. It happened to me on both eyes, not after the clear legs exchange, but about ten years later, I had what.
Speaker 2: Was called vitriach to me.
Speaker 4: They take it out, that gel, and that fluid breaks up, it starts floating, and god does it get scary because when it floats across your field of vision, you're saying, wait a minute, I just went blind in that eye. And then it floats away, and then it can be little chunks, big chunks, it can be all kinds of stuff. And then they take all that fluid out and that's a different place that does that. And then I had doctor June Depth do it, and he took out first it was the left eye, then it was the right eye, or or vice versa whatever, and I have perfect you know, and that even made my eyes even better because it gets rid of.
Speaker 2: All that old murky fluid anyway, is that what you had done?
Speaker 10: Well, no, no, she's that's what they told me it was. And she just, you know, it'll probably just go away to come back.
Speaker 2: And all, No, it doesn't, No, it doesn't.
Speaker 10: No, So that's that's why. So I got worse during that week. So I called in and I went in. Let's see, that was on a Tuesday that I went in and they said that that sack may be breaking apart. And I went in and I seen another optometrist and he looked at my eye and he says it was an I had a you know, it was inflamed. And he told me that I needed to see a retinal specialist.
Speaker 2: That's exactly right, that's right. But this I don't know why. It has nothing to do with icon.
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, yeah it does.
Speaker 2: Well, okay, okay, actually it doesn't.
Speaker 10: I need to finish.
Speaker 2: They finished finish.
Speaker 10: So he told me, he said that I had detachment, you know, hemorrhaging and a detachment because what I was seeing was blood. It wasn't the floaters were blood being out inside my eye.
Speaker 4: So wait a minute, they did not discover they did not cover a detached retina.
Speaker 10: No, no, he said that they couldn't see because of the because it was so swollen and there was so much blood in there that they couldn't see.
Speaker 2: So he said, I need But why didn't they refer you? Why did they not refer you to a specialist?
Speaker 10: Well, that's where I'm getting to. He said that I need to see it. He says, I can't refer you to a retina specialist, but here's what you tell him, and he gave me this little paragraph. So I've got Kaiser insurance. So I called Kay and I told him that, yeah, I need to see a retinal specialist. And he says, well, you need a referral for a retinal specialist, and well, I said, well, here's what the atomis told me. He says, I don't care what he told you. I still need a referral from him. So so I called back Icon and told him, you know, talk. This was on a Friday night.
Speaker 4: Jeff, Jeff, hold on, hold on, Jeff, I need to interject here. When I said, by the way, just let me clarify this. When I said it has nothing to do with Icon, Here's what I meant. If you're having if you had this detachment, because they did something.
Speaker 2: Wrong when they did their lens. That would be one thing. Normally the lens is not connected to the detachment.
Speaker 4: But if it did happen, are you saying now they are I think responsible for not referring you and not recognizing the problem.
Speaker 2: But I don't know if they caused the problem or not. Let's let's discuss both of Let's discuss both of those things. I want to get to what happened and what we can do for you. Coming right up, go.
Speaker 4: With a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 2: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 4: Time for an insurance check up, Free obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: Hey, I'm Tom Artina, You're troubleshooter three all three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five to five. Listen.
Speaker 4: So Jeff went to Icon to have a clear lens exchange. I had that done years ago. He said he developed some floaters and blurry vision in his right eye. He went in for a checkup.
Speaker 2: They told him to see a retinal specialist.
Speaker 4: And he could not get a referral. So I don't understand why they wouldn't give you a referral. But also I also don't understand why Kaiser requires a referral. I went to a retinal specialist directly. This had nothing to do with Icon it was. It was years later, but I went for this gel. It was bothering me, and I simply called whatever I think it was, Colorado or wherever doctor June Depth is and got an appointment and he saw me and scheduled surgery. So, Jeff, I don't know how Kaiser works, but certainly they would have had a regular eye doctor that would have made you a referral to their in house retinal specialists at Kaiser.
Speaker 10: Well, the doctor on Friday was telling me that I needed to see one before Tuesday, no later than tuesday.
Speaker 2: He told me, yeah, because if you have a retinal detachment, you can go blind.
Speaker 10: Oh I know, I know. So anyway, they never did. They wouldn't do a referral. I called back Monday, yep, and.
Speaker 4: At Jeff, I'm asking a very simple question, Jeff, I'm trying to I'm asking a very simple question. Why didn't you say to Kaiser you're having problems and just get in to see an eye doctor.
Speaker 2: Period?
Speaker 10: Well that's what I finally did on Monday.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, I think.
Speaker 10: That Kaiser optometrists on Monday. They were very good at Kaiser, but I mean, just to neglect from Icon, they even kaw tell.
Speaker 4: Me, hold on, hold on, you used the good word, Jeff, you use.
Speaker 2: The word neglect. Tell me how they neglected you. I need to know that part.
Speaker 10: Well, because they because I had to go through. And the reason that he gave me this little paragraph to tell them at at Kaiser is so I wouldn't have to go through seeing an autometrist, having the autometrists look at me. He's just trying to save me some time. He says, I can't do a referral, which I find out.
Speaker 2: But why why can't they do a referral? I don't understand.
Speaker 10: Why don you'd have to ask Icon that?
Speaker 5: Well wait, wait, wait, wait, If you're with Kaiser, generally that's going to be all in house, Mate.
Speaker 2: I don't know if like they can.
Speaker 5: Refer you to a doctor outside of the network, knowing you have Kaiser.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, Mark, that wasn't the case. Here's what the case was.
Speaker 4: Jeff was at Jeff was at Icon and he wanted a referral to an optimobelage or retina specialist.
Speaker 2: And it could have been I mean if he got a referral to.
Speaker 4: A retinal specialist within Kaiser. Can an outside doctor make a recommendation to an inside Kaiser specialist if you're part of Kaiser, Mark.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't go to anywhere other than what Kaiser tells me to go to because I don't think there would be any coverage.
Speaker 2: No, But what I meant is this, Mark, that was the whole point.
Speaker 4: He had the clear lens exchange done at Icon because Kaiser doesn't.
Speaker 2: Offer it, correct he paid for it out of pocket.
Speaker 4: I understand what we're asking is this, if you ever did that where you were with an outside doctor, can they refer you and say, Mark, you have to go see this specialist. And since you're with Kaiser, would Kaiser take a recommendation from an outside doctor, do you know?
Speaker 5: No, I don't know, and I don't I don't think so, because they're going to want you a network.
Speaker 2: That's what I thought.
Speaker 4: So I think, Jeff, I think that you would have had to go to a Kaiser regular eye doctor.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I'm thinking. But I know the point you're making.
Speaker 9: Yeah, okay, but anyway you're.
Speaker 10: Saying, I went and seen a Kaiser optometrist on Monday morning and they were able to get me in with the Kaiser retinal specialist that afternoon. So I went in and seen the retinal specialist.
Speaker 5: Hey would they say, by the way, did they were they able to reattach it or what's the game plan?
Speaker 17: Well?
Speaker 10: No, no, I've never it was a retinal issue. It was inflammation. It was an infection in my eye.
Speaker 4: Oh wow from oh hold on, hold on, hold on now now wait a minute. So this infection, this could be part of that surgery.
Speaker 2: Is that what they said?
Speaker 10: Yeah, they don't more or less say that, but he says that's more unlikely what happened.
Speaker 2: Did they think?
Speaker 4: Are they the ones that told you at icon to see a retinal specialist because you could be having a detachment.
Speaker 10: Yes, that's what I was told at icon, Oh.
Speaker 2: Okay, but as it turns out, you have no retinal detachment. Is that right?
Speaker 10: Correct?
Speaker 2: That is good news.
Speaker 4: But does the do the Kaiser people say, hey, Jeff, you have an infection as a result of what they did, not.
Speaker 10: As a result. He said, that's the only way it could have happened.
Speaker 4: Well, sure, what else happened? Nothing else. It's not a coincidence that. It's not a coincidence that all of a sudden you got an infection. I mean, the only thing you had done was what they did.
Speaker 10: So he tells me you got an infection, and he says, we got to do surgery. And I says, well, what do you want to do this surgery? And he says, we have to do it tomorrow afternoon. Yeah, so I went So I went in and had surgery tuesday afternoon to go in and suck my eye out.
Speaker 4: You know, Wait a minute, wait a minute, wait, whoa, whoa, Now now you're confusing me. They they did a vichery out of me. They they took out the vitreous fluid within your eye. But you just told me, oh, nevermind, but that's not an infection. Usually usually that's just I don't get why they did that treatment, but I'm not a doctor, obviously, What did they say they were doing the vitriactomy.
Speaker 10: For could get the infection out? Had they had to clean my mouse?
Speaker 4: So the fluid? Was it the fluid that wasn't see? I don't know anything. I'm asking Was it.
Speaker 2: The fluid that was it?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 10: They had to go in and cut my eye open again and go back in there. He took like this little you know, I was away through the whole thing, and so.
Speaker 2: They had to clean out. Basically, basically they had to clean out.
Speaker 4: The vitreous gel and fluid on the inside of your eyeball to get rid of the infection.
Speaker 10: Correct.
Speaker 2: Wow, but here's what I need to know. If it was on the inside of the eyeball, did they say what exactly was infected?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 2: May I ask who your surgeon was?
Speaker 10: Where at Kaiser?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Uh doctor Lee?
Speaker 4: Okay, I want to talk to you more. Hang on, did you know there's something going on? We got to figure it out. I'm Tom Martine. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 2: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 4: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 15: Yeah, ripped.
Speaker 2: News. You needed that so you don't have to run incousta as a cam shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 3: Come SX is the Troubleshooter show. No Tom Mark, Hey, I'm.
Speaker 2: Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three zero three seven to one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Okay.
Speaker 4: Bottom line, let's get right to this and get through it. It's a good topic. It's a topic that comes up a lot. You have to have substantial damages for it to matter. For malpractice, it really is. Malpractice is not for anybody that has minor damages. Really, I mean it, it's gone to a point where you can suffer a lot and not get malpractice. Now that doesn't mean it's not important. You might want to report things sometimes, but I will tell you this.
Speaker 2: I looked it up.
Speaker 4: And on a disclaimer for almost every surgery, including Clear Lens Exchange, there is an exception or a disclaimer for infections as a risk. And I will tell you this, Jeff. They give very specific instructions. I remember when I had my Clear Lens Exchange on how to care for your eyes after surgery and the washes and stuff and the drops and the antibiotic drops.
Speaker 2: And it is very very.
Speaker 4: Likely to get an infection if you don't take impeccable.
Speaker 2: Care of your eyes. I'm not blaming you.
Speaker 4: I am just saying it's going to be probably next two impossible to blame them for the infection. Was it as a result of surgery? Absolutely? Probably, I mean I'll just say yes. I mean, there's no coincidence, but it could be the way your aftercare, because the aftercare is entrusted to you.
Speaker 2: But I want to know this. Here's a couple of things I want to know, Jeff. What do you want? Basically you called what do you want?
Speaker 10: I'm more or less one of to buyer. Beware of icon lays it.
Speaker 2: Do you think that's fair?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 9: No.
Speaker 2: No, hold on, hold on because you because you.
Speaker 4: Got an infection in your eye following surgery that could have been due to a lack of care.
Speaker 2: Why do you feel I'm no buyer. Beware should be for everyone, by the way, so I don't mind that. Tell me what you think they did wrong.
Speaker 10: By not responding to me when I had a problem.
Speaker 4: Well, okay, that would be bad. What do you mean by not responding? What do you mean by not responding?
Speaker 10: I asked for the doctor to call me back when I had an issue with my eye. I never did get a call back from icon Ikere.
Speaker 2: Now that, that to me is unacceptable.
Speaker 4: If you have surgery done at a place, those people should be very attentive.
Speaker 10: Dollars have your eyes done, you at least, you know, get a callback from them.
Speaker 2: It's such they didn't contact you like that. But I doubt you have a case.
Speaker 10: Man, I didn't call for that.
Speaker 2: Well, you do have a case for letting people know.
Speaker 4: I hope you posted appropriate reviews online.
Speaker 10: Well, what happened is I did get a callback from a doctor Severson at age fifteen on a Wednesday evening and told him what had happened to me. And you know what he said. He says, you could go blind you'll probably never see twenty twenty vision again. That was his comment when I first talked to him on a Wednesday evening.
Speaker 5: You know, if that's true, you would have major damages. I mean, really if you if you could never see properly again, you could have a case, Jeff.
Speaker 10: But that was a comment.
Speaker 8: Mark.
Speaker 4: Guys, will you wait a second, Please let me bring the main point up. Mark, and infection is an automatic side effect.
Speaker 2: It, So tell me. Unless they caused the infection, Mark, why would they be responsible for his aftercare. I would have no idea. I would have no idea. Now I do agree.
Speaker 4: I do agree that he went in there and it was pretty obviously infected, and.
Speaker 2: They didn't I mean, did they tell you, Jeff, make sure you.
Speaker 4: Take your antibiotic drops it looks infected or anything.
Speaker 10: I no, No, I went to the follow up. There was no question about that. The only question that they had when I went back for my follow up was my pressure in my right eye.
Speaker 5: I'd ask for little I bet, I bet liddle Off still there. He's a good guy. You know what I remember about him. He's got l packs man. He is a great guy.
Speaker 4: Hey, Jeff, I want to ask you something just really quick answers. When you went back for your follow up, you weren't having an issue at the time, right, No, Now, how was the pressure in your eye?
Speaker 10: The pressure the pressure is good?
Speaker 2: Now, No, how was it when you went for your follow up?
Speaker 10: It was it was like twenty three or something for I don't know what that means.
Speaker 2: I don't know what that means.
Speaker 10: The pressure was high, okay?
Speaker 4: What did they recommend when they did your pressure and it was high to do drops?
Speaker 2: Okay? Then then when was your very next problem?
Speaker 10: The very next problem was the day I was supposed to go back and get it checked to make sure the pressure going down after the drop I developed, And.
Speaker 12: What was that?
Speaker 2: Okay? And then what did they say about the blurry and all of that.
Speaker 10: Well, they said that you probably got some jel okay.
Speaker 4: Then then why then, when when do you think the infection started?
Speaker 10: Well, the only way the infection could start was was the only way I could have got the infection was from the surgery, is what the retino specialist is telling me.
Speaker 2: Jeff, Jeff, you're not listening to me.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 4: Every single every single surgery, every single surgery can cause an infection. But it's not the fault of the surgery. It's the aftercare, the actual I'm just telling you truly infection. When you say it was caused by the surgery, of course it was. But that doesn't mean that everyone who has a surgery gets an infection. So why did you get an infection? The answer most of the time is post surgery. That's why whenever you have surgery, they watch you like a dog and tell you make sure you keep it clean, make sure you don't do this, make sure you don't do that, make sure you do your.
Speaker 2: Drops, or make sure you do your sab or make sure you take your pills. Whatever. I don't know what your situation was. Do you understand? Cause is not malpractice. What's malpractice is unusual results and after care neglect, literally neglect.
Speaker 4: So so I don't think, as Mark said, you have a case. I don't think you have anything. What you are and you should be. You're pissed off because these people were not attentive to you, and I agree with you wholeheartedly. They if everything you're telling me is true, they were not attentive and they should have been more attentive.
Speaker 2: Because even if infection was as a result of a lack of your own aftercare. They should have been all over it.
Speaker 10: Okay, I'm just saying beware then, because the doctors are all contracted. This place is owned by a company back in Ohio, and they contracted doctors for this.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: It's so funny how you're trying to make contracted doctors sound bad, because ninety eight percent of all clinics have contracted doctors.
Speaker 10: But go ahead, because the clinic personnel is part of the is part of the eye doctor company, and the doctors are contracted. That's what the doctor told me. He says, we don't get there.
Speaker 2: What difference does that make? I don't know what did the business structure? No, no, Jeff, listen. What you're doing is what I call listen.
Speaker 4: It's very common, accumulating injustices or accumulating just detractors.
Speaker 2: But they don't mean anything. And I'll bet you he had dirty shoes. I mean who they drive chevies. I don't know. You could find a lot of things, but the fact that their contractors have nothing to do with it. If you're going to give a review about Icon, it's very simple. Watch out for Icon. I care.
Speaker 4: I had surgery there, and I don't think the surgeons could have cared less when I contacted them about possible complications. I was feeling I discomfort, I developed an infection, and they should have caught it sooner and sent me to a specialist.
Speaker 2: What do I care?
Speaker 4: That the doctors are contracted humers, sometimes getting their own frickin' way when they want to make some kind of a complaint and they start sounding like nuts because they don't confine themselves to the issues. Okay, so you start out, I'm extracting from you some pretty strong issues. I think there was a lack of follow up, and I think that probably so many of them go so smoothly they're probably resting on their laurels.
Speaker 2: I believe that. I believe that, you know, Jeff. Do you know why I know that.
Speaker 4: Because I know someone else that had complications worse than yours, and I don't feel they were as attentive as they should have been.
Speaker 2: So and by the way, in my opinion, that person had a clear cut malpractice case that they did not pursue.
Speaker 4: Okay, so that's why I believe you probably have an issue. But I don't think you can do I don't think you have any money coming or anything like that. However, I was shocked at the price you told me. Did each I cost you six grand or seven thousand dollars four dollars?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I know. I mean and by the.
Speaker 4: Way, people say, hey, you didn't pay for your tom Well I did pay, and I might have gotten a discount, but even full retail, I don't remember being that much money. So right now, if someone comes in off the street, are you telling me for a clear lens exchange? It's seven thousand.
Speaker 10: Dollars, seven thousand dollars a nine.
Speaker 2: Geez wow?
Speaker 10: Yeah, and what do they call it?
Speaker 2: Do they still call it a clear lens exchange?
Speaker 10: Clear lens exchange?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 10: I remember you were very happy with what you had done. So that's why I want to see. Yeah, absolutely, absolutely to the point that they were at.
Speaker 2: So but but let me ask you the this part. Can you see?
Speaker 10: Well, yeah, but my right eye is still I still have floaters and still have a blurry vision.
Speaker 2: What are they going to do about that one?
Speaker 14: Bro?
Speaker 2: What are they going to do about it?
Speaker 10: I'm still They're still being monitored by Kaiser.
Speaker 4: So well you wait, wait, if you had a bitch react to me? Done and they sucked out all the fluid, you shouldn't have any floaters.
Speaker 10: Yeah, but they can't get it all out.
Speaker 4: Of course they can. But of course they can. Well, why can't they get it all out? They take the fluid out.
Speaker 12: When it's out, it's out, They take the fluid out.
Speaker 10: But I mean all the little floaters that.
Speaker 2: Are in there are in the fluid.
Speaker 10: Yeah, you know they can't. Okay, well they can't. What I really trust this guy so well?
Speaker 12: I do too.
Speaker 4: I mean, they obviously know more than me, and maybe I had just a lucky circumstance where but man, did they tell you that, they actually tell you we'll never get all the floaters out.
Speaker 10: I don't know that. They don't know that.
Speaker 2: Why don't you ask them? Tell them you're still having freaking floaters in an eye? They didn't bit directed me on.
Speaker 10: They're still monitoring it. They don't know what they have to do yet as far as uh to cure it, or it may even be in the lens might be the issue. There's all kinds of different things.
Speaker 4: Well, if you have a floater in the lens that doesn't move, does your floater move?
Speaker 10: But he's saying there may be some I don't know.
Speaker 2: He's the so of course.
Speaker 4: Okay, did you ask him? Did you ask him if that I will ever clear up and give you good vision?
Speaker 10: It could? Yeah, he said it very well. Okay, Yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Might post my eye out.
Speaker 4: Ye bye, I'm gonna. I want you to call us back in a month. I'm serious, Jeff. Okay, will you call us back and let us know how it goes. I'm really interested. Three h three seven one three eight or five? I listened, Mark, You know what, people have issues like this. It's pretty serious. Go poke your freaking eyes.
Speaker 2: It's he has been on for an hour. Oh stop, I mean on and off one hour. Mark.
Speaker 4: First of all, Mark, we we can address criticism of the show, maybe in a better forum.
Speaker 2: But but I agree with you. It was I agree with you.
Speaker 11: I did.
Speaker 2: It was overdone a little. But I'll tell you why it's a little. I know that there are many issues. Okay. One of the issues is the actual eye care.
Speaker 4: The other issue is malpractice in general, and then and then personal responsibility and all that.
Speaker 2: I get what you're saying, No, I really do. But I think that when consumer.
Speaker 4: Issues are complicated and have a lot of different issues that they affect, it goes beyond the actual that one case. We have more coming up, and then we're gonna spend another hour on drywall. Right after this, go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 2: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 4: Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one.
Speaker 2: Help.
Speaker 4: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: Hey Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: Three O three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. All right, now for the remainder of the show, we'll talk about drywall. Just kidding, but Cindy does have a question on drywall, and Cindy, what's.
Speaker 2: Going on with you?
Speaker 13: Thank you.
Speaker 17: I've got a master bathroom that has been linking into ceiling into the family room below for years, and it would go be off and on, so I'd be concerned about it, and then it would dry up. So now we removed the toilet and we found out whoever put that toilet it in didn't put a wax bring in or no, oh my goodness, no, I'm sorry, had a wax ring that could be devastating.
Speaker 2: No flange, no flange, what does that mean?
Speaker 17: That's fair.
Speaker 4: That means that flange that goes into the floor wasn't there that that receives it. So listen, Cindy, it leaked into your lower family room.
Speaker 17: Well, I just have a line, a straight line. So we cut like six by six square out to look up there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but what did it? I need to know the damages.
Speaker 4: You had damages in the bathroom or underneath on the first floor.
Speaker 17: The bathroom, it was wet behind the toilet a lot. So I was renting the house out and I didn't know what was going on, but it was where was the main damage?
Speaker 2: Where was the main damage?
Speaker 17: Really, it's just the ceiling in the family room below that was damaged.
Speaker 2: Okay, so keep going.
Speaker 17: It's not even an insurance thing. I'm just going to put a flangeine there. I had somebody look at it and he cut the ceiling out. We're looking up there for mold and I don't know if I should go to Low's and get up home people get a mold cast or spray with vinegar and then just cut.
Speaker 4: Do you know Genesis Genesis Total Exteriors. The reason I ask I talk about Genesis they can do a mold test for you and they have the expertise without ripping you off or exaggerating on getting rid of it or replacing that ceiling if you need the whole ceiling replaced, because they do baths as well, and they do kitchens and they do exteriors on the house. Now, that's what I'm saying, if you really want it done well, I don't mean getting the work necessarily done, but at least getting honesty about the mold, because so many people rip off people when it comes to mold. So if you're interested, I just want to tell you Genesis Total Exteriors will will help you with the mold part and then rebuilding if you need at three zho three six seven nine eight five zero nine Genesis now listen.
Speaker 2: In addition to that, though, I want to know what are you mainly calling about?
Speaker 12: Now?
Speaker 17: What am I calling about? Now? I don't know if I need to rip more than six by six inches out of that ceiling and look farther into the ceiling.
Speaker 4: Than just Okay, that's what Genesis, Mark Schamansky and his team see, Cindy.
Speaker 2: I would be so hesitant to have you call a so called restoration.
Speaker 4: Company or someone who says water damages or just a contractor, because so many times when they see water and they hear a homeowner who has concerns about mold, they see dollar signs because they can scare the hell out of you and say, oh, Cindy, you're gonna have to tear all this out.
Speaker 2: You're gonna have to take the floor out, You're gonna have to do this.
Speaker 13: See.
Speaker 2: That's where Mark will not do that to you.
Speaker 4: That's why I'm confident about Genesis in this particular case.
Speaker 17: Okay, sounds good, because I think a drafted to tear that the tile floor out in the master bathroom and look at all of the braces on there.
Speaker 4: Say he has ways of looking in there and doing tests, and I doubt you'll have to do that now if you do, though, and he tells you that he's a pretty honest not pretty he's an honest man. I mean, I've known the man for thirty years and one thing, I'm just so afraid because you're in an exact position to get ripped off. These are the kinds of homeowners people love when they don't know.
Speaker 2: It's the great unknown.
Speaker 4: Because Cindy, if somebody came in there and they had a good pitch, they could say, well, Cindy, we're gonna have to pull up this whole floor and we're gonna have to do the whole ceiling downstairs, you'd probably think, well, okay, right, So first I wouldn't bother what's that?
Speaker 17: That was my first thought, I'm gonna have to rip everything apart and see what's going on.
Speaker 2: You're right, and you may not have to.
Speaker 4: And in fact, Genesis also has ways of making strategic openings for drying it out. You see the truth about mo First and foremost mold is not good, but not all of it is toxic. Now it's not all great, but it's not all really seriously toxic.
Speaker 2: But you still don't want it.
Speaker 4: But the truth about mold is this, once you dry up the food source, you are fine to go.
Speaker 2: And the food source would be water or some organic material.
Speaker 4: Once you clean that up, then all you have to do is encapsulate or remove whatever is there.
Speaker 2: It doesn't recire.
Speaker 4: A lot of people treat it like asbestos, and it doesn't have to be unless you had extreme toxic mold, and for that you got to remove it. But it's you know, ever since Ed McMahon, I don't know if you realize this. Ed McMahon was the first major mold case in the United States. He was the sidekick for Johnny Carson. Who did you know before Jimmy Fallon did.
Speaker 2: The Tonight show?
Speaker 4: Okay, that guy sued his insurance company and was one millions and millions of dollars because of a mold case.
Speaker 2: If you really go back and look at his case, it wasn't even that strong.
Speaker 4: But ever since then, people used that court precedent to get insurance companies to pay for mold.
Speaker 2: Mold, mold, mold.
Speaker 4: Hey, Brian, aren't insurance companies scared to death about mold?
Speaker 6: They are? And I was just it was resonating with me as you were talking there, because we deal with this so frequently. Where these remediation companies, you gotta be so careful because they come in there and if they do, they use scare tactics and they won't even they want to, and they won't give you a price. That's the weird thing. They'll say, you know what, we don't have time to get bids. We need to get going on this right now. You just sign here. Let's get going. You know, we'll build the insurance company and before you know it. I mean, you just have these claims that are out of control, or if you end up not making the claim, you have a bill that is out of control.
Speaker 13: But they do.
Speaker 6: They try to rip everything out and they want to cut the drywall up. And I understand if it's a big water claim they have to do certain things, but it seems like they do that on relatively minoring By the way, By the way.
Speaker 4: I gotta take a break. But she mentioned and I want to address it. She didn't want to put in a homeowners claimer, wasn't going to and I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: If it's apropos or not. We'll talk about that and more coming up.
Speaker 4: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much. Your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: Hi Tom Martine, your troubleshooter three oh three seven one three talk three h three seven one three.
Speaker 4: Eight two five five. So we basically I think covered everything there. Brian on insurance, why.
Speaker 2: Would she not put in an insurance glam Would that be considered a casualty loss? If she discovered this and somebody had not years ago put in a flange? Cindy, how long ago was that toilet installed?
Speaker 17: Ten years?
Speaker 2: So? Did you have it installed? No?
Speaker 17: It was a handyman from nextdoor dot com.
Speaker 2: No, what I mean is were you Did you own the house at the time?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 17: Yes, yes?
Speaker 2: Okay, So, Brian, if.
Speaker 4: You discovered that somebody did something wrong, and I don't know if the timeline's important or not, would it ever be covered by homeowners?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: It could be, But see if it happened over that long period of time, it would have to fall underneath the coverage of seepage, which is, you know, something that not all policies cover, so you would have to have an extra writer if the company provided it. But even with that said, Tom, depending on the total amount of damage, I'm very hesitant to give people a recommendation to make a water claim. In general, it would have to be a pretty big claim for me to give the advice to make the claim in the first place, because.
Speaker 2: Water claims considered considered dirty and do they give you cooties?
Speaker 6: As a they do give you cooties. They are they are one of the worst losses that you can have for insurance, and specifically for the reason of mold.
Speaker 2: I mean that is I know, but why do they Why do they look at people askance when they've had some water claims. Do they think that they're looking for trouble or no?
Speaker 6: No, I really do think it's more along the lines of what is the remaining damage that's there? Did it truly? And that's some of the conversations you have with on writers. The last was it professionally remediated? You know what exactly happened? They want to know that it was something that was completely cleaned up. They don't want something that's going to come rise up later as far as with mold, whether it be liability with mold, you know that someone's breathing in or you know just the damage that's caused from it. So water is just one of those claims that you don't want to make unless it's a pretty substantial claim.
Speaker 2: Okay, So she's pretty accurate in what she's doing at this point. Yeah. Did you have a question, Cindy for him, he's in the homeowner's insurance business.
Speaker 17: Yeah, well, no, thank you. I did put a homeowner's claim in several months ago for a roof because somebody said I can get a whole new roof. It was so bad and I got denied. They said no it's not or well you don't need next couple.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, Cindy, Now that that you should have called a really reputable roof for first, and because once you called the insurance company, whether they replaced it or not, it counts against you. Did you know that.
Speaker 17: I know that, and I should have called the guy goes. You don't even need to call your agent, you can just call the company.
Speaker 2: Did you have certain any neighbors getting new roofs?
Speaker 17: No, it was from you know, the hail from a year ago.
Speaker 2: No, I understand that. But but you did put in a claim, right, you opened an actual claim? Right?
Speaker 17: I did, And so they fixed a little bit of my patioto how much?
Speaker 2: How much?
Speaker 17: They gave me three thousand dollars and it costs about three thousand, so it was an even But now I've got a claim in so yeah.
Speaker 4: But here's what I want you to do. Now that you got the black guy have a claim, I want you to do something. I want you to re examine that claim because you have three years to reopen it. What I mean by that is you want somebody you can trust to at least give it the once over. I would call Excel Roofing and I would just say, you know, do I need a roof that here's what happened a few years ago, and they only gave me three grand I would like to know the condition of my roof. I really would, Now, Cindy, why would you do that? Because if it turns out that you do need a roof, I'm not talking about from old age, but you need a roof as a result of that hailstorm. Now that you put in a claim, you've actually extended the deadline. You know, you only have a year from the date of loss. But since you did a claim and you got three grand, now you got three years to reopen it. If they didn't treat you right, if Excel roofing things, you know you probably do need a roof and it probably was hurt in that hailstorm more than your insurance company said, then I would get an insurance adjuster involved. Namely, I would say Paragon Services, Matt Sanford, and I would have him open a claim and you might be able to get a new roof.
Speaker 2: Now, I'm not saying they weren't honest with you. It could be that you only had a few damages, but it's very unlikely, very unlikely that three thousand dollars would have fixed anything. It almost sounds like they just wanted to appease you and get you off their back. Cindy, don't take that lightly.
Speaker 14: Now.
Speaker 2: I know you're worried about this toilet.
Speaker 4: Worry about that, do that on your own dime, but please do me a favor, and you call Genesis when it comes to that. And you can also call Genesis about your roof, but you can also call Excel roofing, but call a good roofer to give you an opinion about your roof and that specific damage.
Speaker 2: They said you had to make sure it's not more extensive. Please do that and then let us know, let us know what happens. Yes, because I think I have a I have a sneaky feeling that you probably have a roof coming. How old is that roof, by the way, I have no idea.
Speaker 17: Seriously, maybe fifteen eighteen. I don't even know.
Speaker 4: From that one year old storm, from that storm that happened a year before that. Were other neighbors getting their roofs replaced from that storm? Yes, I okay, Cindy, Then please do not wait. I want you to call and get this started. Call Genesis. While he's there, he can take a look at your roof. I mean, you can have it all done with one person looking at it if you want. Three O three seven one three talks seven to one three eight two five five.
Speaker 2: We got more coming right up.
Speaker 4: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excelroofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup, free no obligation comparison call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies.
Speaker 2: Find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help.
Speaker 4: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey, I'm Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 2: Okay, I want to show you this real quick. I think it's pretty cool. This is a one hundred thousand dollars shower. It's like a whole room back there. I don't know if you can see it, but I put it up on our feed. If you go to referless dot com or Troubleshooter Network, not referraless dot com, Troubleshooter Network or referless on YouTube, we have a channel.
Speaker 4: Don't look for me, look for Troubleshooter Network. Now, if you look at these closely, that is like a whole room back there. I think it's a double shower that rounded glass, and then I believe it's porcelain walls or whatever it is. It's beautiful, but it's pretty darn cool. I mean, so what you see is that front part right, but it actually goes back and around in a bench. It's like a community shower almost. I mean, you know, damn. So what's in your mind today where we probably can't take a new call? I guess we could, but we're not going to. I want to ask Compass Insurance.
Speaker 2: Group if they could come back and recap some of the if you did you have any really good insurance checkups where you could save people substantial money?
Speaker 6: Well, I actually so, Riley, my son's been here and he was actually working on one. So as I know that he has an example of one that he got that he.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, let's do it, y.
Speaker 6: Can you hear me?
Speaker 2: Yes, sir?
Speaker 6: I had a someone call in your current all state customer been there for twenty years, very similar to the last situation where they had statementum limits twenty five thousand to person, and I noticed while shopping it they had no mortgage on the home. So immediately I knew they had assets and yet had no protection. So I shopped him with one of our companies, came back, saved one thousand, seven hundred dollars, and I brought their liability from twenty five thousand to person up to one point five million and saved him seventeen hundred.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, they had they had only twenty five.
Speaker 6: Thousand, twenty five thousand to person and it paid off house worth over seven hundred k.
Speaker 2: They were in serious danger. Plus he saved him money. Holy crap.
Speaker 4: That's a great one. And that is uh Riley with compass. He's uh his son and he gets my dinger at the end of the show.
Speaker 2: That's good. I never got any. They were out of time, Thank god. Don't forget referral. Don't forget referral list dot com for help, information and referrals. Call three H three Martino twenty four to seven that three O three six two seven eight four sixty six. Save all your problems for us.
Speaker 1: H