Speaker 1: Yo, what's up? Everybody?
Speaker 2: Welcome to a brand new episode of The Hot Mike Here on the John Broke in General officially.
Speaker 1: San Diego Comic Con Weekend, joined by the Insider himself, Jeff Snider. How are you, Snyder?
Speaker 3: Hello, Johnny Boy, Johnny, When everyone comes down to visit you in San Diego, you excited, you like you are.
Speaker 2: Locked down in here with me now A pull of yack. No, Actually, the boys, you know, everyone kind of does their own thing. We're all of age and so and I'm telling you right now. I tried to go down yesterday. It was one of the most exhausting experiences. I probably won't go back for the rest of the weekend. Maybe I'll go back on Sunday at noon where everyone's pretty much left and I can just wash the floor calmly.
Speaker 1: But it's not my jam anymore. So.
Speaker 2: I saw the boys last night for dinner, but that might be it, to be honest with you, because I just don't have the energy for this shit anymore.
Speaker 3: Jeff, you're too old for this shit. You and I kind of am.
Speaker 2: Yeah, to be honest, no judgment. I see the young people. I like the people in our sphere. The young people who are there, going to all the panels, taking all the pictures, taking all the videos.
Speaker 1: God love you, God love you to have that energy. You'll enjoy the.
Speaker 2: Shit out of it, because trust me, a couple of decades from now, you're not gonna feel the desire to go and do it that much anymore because it's exhausting. And R and B thirty seventh Comic Con, So shout out to Robert meyer Burnett who keeps going down to see this thing.
Speaker 3: The original Jamaca was in the R and b's garage.
Speaker 1: I'm sure it was. I'm sure it was.
Speaker 2: But we are here to talk about so many things going on. Of course, the Lanterns panel, maybe Jeff scottson things to tease for us about.
Speaker 1: The Marvel panel to model, we'll see about that kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: But we've also got a bunch of trailers, some big big news when that Paramount WB merger, and other news going on as well, with some Tom Cruise.
Speaker 1: News all the time. So we're strapped in for today.
Speaker 2: Thanks everybody who adjusted their time to come and join us here today.
Speaker 1: Make sure you send in your stream lab with super chats.
Speaker 2: You see a pin in the chat in the scripture of the video as well, sending you love as we go along. But Jeff, we got to start with a big one. Don't want to waste any time. Man, this is massive. I know last week we said it was paused. Now this thing looks like it's gonna be punted. This paramount WB merger to twenty twenty seven. Big news that dropped just about it a little bit over an hour ago, that this is happening. Now the Paramount has agreed to delay this thing to as late as June of twenty twenty seven. It might be earlier than that, depending on what they negotiate here with the judge to start the trial. Now, Paramount is painting this as a victory, saying, well, we're gonna skip all the injuncts and all that extra shit. We're just going to get to the trial and we're going to figure out the dates of the trial. But of course we'reb Bonta and the other state ags, as I predicted, were ore in here going like we're going to delay this thing to the end of time and we're going to get some discovery and all this kind of stuff. So but there's still a lot of money in play here, Jeff. If this thing goes past September thirtieth, if it goes to June twenty twenty seven, we're talking one point seven billion dollars that they would owe to or one point seven million rather that they would owe to to Warner Brothers here.
Speaker 1: So what are your thoughts on all this, on this latest development.
Speaker 3: You think eats that one point seven billion eventually?
Speaker 1: We do. I think that the company does.
Speaker 3: I think we're protecting everybody by blocking this deal, and we're looking out for the common man. We're looking out for all the workers. We're going to get laid off. Well, guess what in delaying this, Yeah, you're going to have force Paramount to pay one point seven billion, and that money is that is going to be pass on to the consumer that we're going to have to pay more or they're going to have to slash more workers whenever the deal does get done. And when I say, well, why you said you were going to slash one thousand and now it's two thousand. Why is that? Well, it's because you guys delayed the deal. We had to spend off on the extra one point. I didn't delay. This is going to happen. I still believe. I think it could happen this fall.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: I think the June twenty twenty seven date is sort of just like a backdrop, a backstee.
Speaker 2: Right, well, right, yeah, as late as June twenty twenty seven, right, yeah, Yeah.
Speaker 1: But it's still surprising.
Speaker 2: I mean that they're i mean, Paramount is taking a gamble here that they just go right to trial and then they can eventually convince the judge to.
Speaker 1: You know, rule in their favor.
Speaker 3: The EU signed off on it, didn't.
Speaker 1: They, Yes, they did. They signed off on it on Wednesday. And isn't that of what we thought was.
Speaker 3: Going to be a big blockage was our hopes dressed in the EU. Because you know what, here in America, everybody has one thing besides an asshole, right.
Speaker 1: Everybody has a price. That's true.
Speaker 3: That's true in America. Everybody has a price. So he was a wild guard. But now that they're through there, they'll shove this through, you know, whether they have to pay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but aren't you surprised by this that it's gotten delayed to this point, like that it's even gone this far, because I mean, Rob Bond to Letitia James, the other ags were on social media claiming victory on this and saying that they're going to now have the time to explore a new discovery. They I mean, as much as Paramount thinks that they're going to maybe rule this thing, the State ag seemed set and determined to grind this thing into dust.
Speaker 1: And they're whole so they have to.
Speaker 3: Do they're just eating up taxpayer dollars. Well, they look into things, we're into this matter. What a victory for us?
Speaker 1: Well, possibly, it's The whole.
Speaker 3: Thing is ridiculous. It's not a dobby party show. I didn't think it was gonna be easy. I didn't think what elseon was just gonna like go to the store and walk out with fucking Warner Brothers in a bag.
Speaker 2: But you, I mean, come on, Jeff, you said a few months ago, what are these State ag Is gonna do it?
Speaker 1: They's not gonna do anything.
Speaker 3: Looks like they're not doing stuff. They're delaying things and making it worse for everybody, which is what politicians do.
Speaker 2: Possibly, or they're delaying it so that there's a better situation, and yes, some people in the short term.
Speaker 3: What's the better situation that Rob Bant is gonna fucking find?
Speaker 2: I don't know, brother, I'm not involved in the particulars of this entire case and to see, but I mean, I imagine state ags wouldn't want to waste time exploring something like this if it does blow up in the workers' faces because that affects elections, and so I don't imagine that. So they must have like a short term hit because WB keeps going like that's the thing.
Speaker 1: W B keeps going.
Speaker 2: All these downsizing, all these layoffs that were gonna happen to w B, they don't happen.
Speaker 1: Now. They stay the course and until whenever.
Speaker 3: The sean or are they then becoming a studio that is operating with fucking handcuffs. And we can't make any big decisions, just like Paramounts the last two years or whatever before that closed, right right right, Yeah, make any big decisions because David's coming in. We got to wait for David to get settled and then he'll make those big calls, like what to do with Star Trek. This is like the worst thing to do with Warner Brothers. That leaves everybody hanging in limbo with a giant fucking limbo cloud over their head. Rob Bonte, he wants to be the hero dude. Hats off to you, bro, but I think you're just making it worse.
Speaker 2: We're gonna find out for sure how these particulars go down and how that affects the industry and if there are jobs that are gonna be sacrificed. Because you're absolutely right, I think this is this could be Ellison's pr turnus if he starts laying people left and right and saying I had to do it because we had to pay this money, We had to pay Warner Brothers this money, we have to fire paramount people, and we're gonna focus on firing people from LA. So I just wonder how this is all going to go down to and how far this is gonna go out, will they actually move There's so many questions on all of this stuff. But and also what happens if the Dems win in November or the House of the Senate.
Speaker 1: Do they start now.
Speaker 2: Pouring through this deal and grind it down even more. That could be a real issue going forward as well. So it's just a surprise how quickly this has moved to a position where they're going to delay this thing, possibly to twenty twenty seven and all of that.
Speaker 1: So yeah, everybody.
Speaker 3: I don't know how much the midterm elections playing the things, if there's a pressure on Paramount to get a hold of CNN before then, or if Paramount's like, listen, this is a long term play for us. This isn't about any fucking mid terms. Like aha, keep seeing in until past the mid terms and you know we'll get it later.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Possibly maybe they're looking towards the more general election in twenty twenty eight that they think if they have CNN by then, they have two years or a year and a half to kind of pump out their stuff to turn the time. We'll see, man, But this is still I mean, this is very surprising. Twelve twelve state a JS. We'll see where this goes, because I'm sure there's going to be more to come over the next few weeks.
Speaker 1: As this case drags on, for sure. All Right, well let's move on to this, Jeff.
Speaker 2: We had ourselves that Lanterns to DC panel that happened today just.
Speaker 1: Really much focused on lanterns. Jeff. I thought they would slide in some more DC stuff.
Speaker 2: I thought they'd talk a little bit more about DC, but what they focused on mostly was just lanterns. They dropped the three minute trailer. My reaction is up on the channel right now watching it about an hour and a half ago.
Speaker 1: What do you think of the trailer? What do you think of this panel? What do you think what they had to say? Was there any news to come out of this panel that was that big of a deal.
Speaker 3: I have no idea what you're talking about.
Speaker 1: You didn't see this.
Speaker 3: I have the screeners waiting for me, So I'm not gonna sit there and watch the trailer for screeners that I have waiting for me.
Speaker 1: Okay, Oh no, you got the screeners already. Wow.
Speaker 3: I have no idea what was said at the panel or not said? You tell me?
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Well, basically they presented the show as it's gonna be a three out, It's gonna be a obviously a murder mystery exploration here in this situation, bodies are people are dying?
Speaker 1: Why is this happening?
Speaker 2: And they introduced in the trailer the Manhunters. They said who the villains are going to be? And the villains are an old school like first edition of the Green Lantern in the comics, the Green Lantern Core in the comics, and they are the ones who turned on the Guardians and they can apparently shape shift, So a lot of people think because you hear Manhunter and you hear shape shifting, you start thinking a Martian Manhunter John John. So there's a lot of speculation on that. Laura Lenny's in the trailer looks like she's going to be the one guiding John more than maybe Kyle is or what's the face.
Speaker 1: How Jordan is? Which is of course so yeah, this is what was shown here.
Speaker 2: But there wasn't much talk about DC in the panel, which was really surprising. I thought they'd slide in some stuff, Baby James Gun would make an appearance, but none of that seemed to happen, and then we was gonna be a muted year for them, Right, they didn't really have to show surprise.
Speaker 1: They didn't go a little bit more in with Clay Face.
Speaker 2: Yeah he showed up though yesterday at one of the panels, the actor who plays Clayface.
Speaker 3: Right, you know, what, what are we supposed to expect like that? You know there weren't gonna be any bombshell announcements. Yeah, yeah, with with lanterns like, I'm intrigued by it. I can't wait to dive into those screeners this weekend. Expect the embargo rather than just leak everything online. See there was a time and a place for that, guys. But okay, think about the Penguin. The did not get overloaded in all this DC mythology. There's probably more around the lanterns than the penguin specifically. But I think that HBO should be and maybe is wary of overloading this series with comic book elements. Yeah, be accessible to a larger HBO audience that would watch just like a crime show with time of book movie elements.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I mean, hopefully they've hit the right formula. I think they have the right star though.
Speaker 2: Aaron Pierre, Yeah, he looks good in the trailer, and of course so does a.
Speaker 1: God. Why am I can't? Why am I blanket on his?
Speaker 2: Cayl Chandler. Yes, he looks good as well. Nathan Fillion makes a nice appearance in this thing. My concern though, is here we go again with another DC villain that is an actor that a lot of people don't know that well. Will this resonate with people? I mean, we saw what happened with Supergirl. We're gonna see how Brainiac resonates so I like the look of Sinestra in the trailer, but I didn't really sense that menace that I really enjoyed. Like Mark Strong, I think did an excellent job at Seinestra in that Green Lantern movie. And so I wonder it's kind of another nondescript actor playing lanterns sinestro and I don't.
Speaker 1: Find him to be that that interesting. Who is? Oh?
Speaker 2: Let me let me get his name right, because I don't want to mess up his name, because I have a habit of doing that sometimes with these European names.
Speaker 1: Hold on, where's the name? Where's the name? Uh?
Speaker 3: Ulric Thompson, Ulric Thompson, A lie.
Speaker 1: I think he's a great actor. Tell me what, Tell me what he's been, Tell me what he's been.
Speaker 3: I've seen him in a number of movies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, can you name any of them? Can you name right now? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I don't know this guy from anything. Honestly, I don't know him from anything. So is it he's a Danish actor?
Speaker 1: Uh? He was in Counterpart that Jay K. Simmons. Yeah, okay, he's in night Watch first of all, right.
Speaker 2: He's in Banshie thirty eight episode of Banshee. I know a lot of people like Panchy that Blacklist ten episodes of the Blacklist.
Speaker 1: So there's a bunch, there's a bunch of stuff. Yeah, he's been acting for a while.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna say he's not a working actor, but I'm just not too familiar with him. So but Laura Lenny got one shot, uh for sure on this as well. So yeah, I just you know, I love the trailer. I thought it was great, But I hear you about getting bogged down in the mythology too much. Where is it going to take us? And if they're shape shifting, what does that mean? What are they trying to do? So there's questions about is there is there a concern that there's too many storylines here like Hal's training training John?
Speaker 1: But then what's Laura Lenny's role in all of this?
Speaker 3: Is former television, they balance multiple storylines. I'm sure that some of the best writers in the business figured it out.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you got you got the you got the episodes already?
Speaker 3: Huh, I got them. You know, I had to blow an executive at DC.
Speaker 1: You shake the tree? All right, all right, we'll see, we'll see. Uh, Well, it's comic con. We cat Jeff.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow is the Marvel panel. A lot of people are looking forward to this. I think six PMPT tomorrow. What's going to happen in this, man? I mean you were saying last week that you did, or earlier this week on Monday when we did our show, that there might not be too much X Men.
Speaker 1: Stuff revealed you'd heard from the sorts while we're doing the show.
Speaker 2: But Kevin Figi this week made Up was pulling the full core press on saying that the X Men of the future, the X Men's where we're going, the Mutants where we're going. So what do you anticipate will get tomorrow? What are you hearing that we might get tomorrow? Anything you can say, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, a release date, a title.
Speaker 3: I really don't think that, though there, that there would be much beyond that, Okay, if you get the reveal of I don't think there's gonna be any X Men cast there.
Speaker 1: I really don't, Okay.
Speaker 2: So even though he's been saying it all, but I mean he's been saying all that stuff all week, man, So you don't think you think that's all just kind of to get people excited about it down in the future, but not right.
Speaker 3: Now, yeah, I mean, fuck, Kevin Fagg's a great showman, right, He's one of his great showmen. But I don't know, you know, it ultimately comes down to like the goods you have to show, and I don't know how much goods he has, Okay, right, all right?
Speaker 1: I mean he mentioned Miles Morales earlier this.
Speaker 3: Week that that is Alice is gonna walk out.
Speaker 1: You'll be sorely mistaken. No, no, I'm just saying all this stuff.
Speaker 2: And then he said that they have Marvel movies planned all the way up until twenty forty two.
Speaker 1: Do you buy this at all? Do? Is this more just kind of like, let's get people excited about Marvel again.
Speaker 3: And he's gunn had a plan too, right, I think Figy yes, probably has had to map out the next couple phases of movies. Sure you'll be you know, fewer movies made per year, like it will. Yeah, could be wary of like, you know, over overdoing it far away sixty years. So it's basically like planning out thirty two movies in a way, and maybe you know a handful of shows too. Do I think Kevin Fag you will be there in twenty forty two absolutely not.
Speaker 1: No way. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well do you think they announced like this week, right, Rynolds said that they're working on a Deadpool three.
Speaker 1: Do you think they announce a Deadpool three?
Speaker 3: I mean, yes, I don't know if they'll formally announce it. But how long have I been saying that that there's gonna be a dental movie?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Now, I mean they're trying to play it off like there's no writer or director. I mean, maybe that's true, but from what I understand se Sean Levy would probably be coming back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm sure they'll probably have the Vision Quest trailer too, right tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Maybe because we'll see, you know, maybe they make an announcement about nov you know, oh yeah, if they have an actor attached. But uh, and I'd be surprised, so yeah, I mean maybe they'll be an announcement midnight suns.
Speaker 1: Yeah, to just.
Speaker 3: Let slip that the Blade thing is dead. It's like, I think, if there has to be like something else coming, there's another shoe dropping there.
Speaker 1: I think so too. Man, I don't think he'd say it unless there's something more to say about it.
Speaker 3: And then Chad has a good point that there is Steph for D twenty three, that they're gonna have to save something, right, there's only so many things to announce.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Well, and they aren't they shooting or just finished shooting Daredevil Born Again season three, so they might have a trailer for that showing the Defenders coming back together.
Speaker 1: So there could be something with that as well.
Speaker 3: In Black Panther three, if they were to announce Denzel as Black Cancer three and do like give him the Downy treatment, right, that would be pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Doctor Strings three is a possibility as well, Right, they could announce that tomorrow as well, and maybe Yeah.
Speaker 3: I just think that that that there's still plans for that character, as evidence by him being absent from the Avengers trailer.
Speaker 2: Right, do you think Downey Junior shows up again or do you think he skips this one?
Speaker 1: It's a good question because.
Speaker 2: I mean, like Loki, like Hilston showed up when they announced the Avengers movie and Loki was coming in as the main village.
Speaker 1: Huh. I think he shows up. Yeah, I think he shows up as well. I think they need him to show up. Yep. Yeah, I wonder I wanted questions and I wonder if they'll do.
Speaker 2: Like a Fantastic four sequel or a Shawan Chi sequel.
Speaker 1: What do they announce? I wonder if they'll announce anything like.
Speaker 3: That, A lot of that's a lot of stuff to announce.
Speaker 1: I mean it's only an hour.
Speaker 3: But it's never really been Kevin's style, like he'll gather the press together for a private event if he has something to say.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well maybe he saved the D twenty three stuff for the TV stuff and the movie stuff will be comic co.
Speaker 1: I want I want interesting to see. So so you're not hearing anything else about the situation. The new thing I.
Speaker 3: Heard, which I had in the newsletter is you know, I've heard some Jeremy Strong.
Speaker 1: Whispers oh really yeah for ex for X men.
Speaker 3: But I don't know whether that would be for Professor X or Magneto. And you'd think that they'd be roughly the same age. I mean, I think he would be like your magnet if, like Tom Pelfrey was your was your Professor X. But like it would be weird. I it's like Bill Scar's guard. So then again, Jeremy Strong's playing Zuckerberg who's younger than him, So I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 1: It could be interesting, Yeah, interesting, We'll keep your eyes.
Speaker 3: Up caliber of actor that they would like. And I think Jeremy Strong would like to be in bigger stuff. Yeah, when he's about to be in that nine to eleven series, which I think is gonna be a big deal for him.
Speaker 1: Well that's right, yeh, that's right.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, what's after that? I think a big movie would would.
Speaker 1: Be good, does make sense for sure. I will keep the tabs on it.
Speaker 2: I might attend tomorrow night, I don't know, or I might just cover it live tomorrow night after the panel.
Speaker 3: We'll see, we'll see Jeremy strung Jewish?
Speaker 1: I don't know, bro, I don't really kind of look at that for anybody. Sure, I really tell you.
Speaker 3: Anytime there's a new piece of talent in this town, I think, is this person Jewish?
Speaker 2: Let's see here earlier he was He's from Boston, his mother is of Irish descent, and his father's family is Jewish originally from Russia. I thought it was your mom that had to be Jewish, that would make you Jewish.
Speaker 1: It is your mother.
Speaker 3: But so he's half Jewish that that counts, okay? And yeah, I mean, you know, Magneto played by a jew would be interesting.
Speaker 1: Oh, yeah. Oh yeah, great point, considering how they used that in the first Xothy McClellan McKellen. Yeah, that's a great point.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: So he's dad was a plumber. Oh wait wait turnal grandfather was a plumber. His mother was a hospice nurse. His father worked in juvenile jails.
Speaker 3: Wow, his mother was a mutter.
Speaker 1: Is Wow. So Jeremy's Jeremy's actually got some stones to it. Were class.
Speaker 3: I respect that A nice Boston boy. Anyways, I would like to see a black professor.
Speaker 1: I think that would be amazing.
Speaker 2: There were a lot of rumors of that with Denzel and Gim Carlow, but I don't think it's going to happen.
Speaker 1: So Lance, if only Lance Reddick was still with us, Oh my god, it's like love come mute. All right, let's move on to the honesty, bro. This thing is the film that will not be beaten.
Speaker 2: And apparently right now, show It's shows are still sold out around the clock. Uh, and it looks like this weekend's gonna look fantastic. The numbers are here about eighty five million for the second frame. That would mean just a thirty one percent drop for this movie. It's already made close to four hundred million worldwide, might cross close to five hundred million by the end of the weekend, and a billion is like very much in place, sooner rather than later.
Speaker 1: Now with all of this, and.
Speaker 2: These showings are still sold out. Jeff I tried to go to IMAX showing today. None of them were available today. They're all sold out, next, next, all weekend they're sold.
Speaker 3: That's why you know, obviously this is gonna have legs because people are wait. I don't think that it's gonna have the repeat business, even though I did see you twice. I don't think it's gonna have the repeat business that Oppenheimer necessarily had. But people are definitely waiting to see it in Imaxah, people with tickets in like mid August, right, yeah, or like early August. So yeah, it's certainly an astounding number. I'm surprised by how many people when I talk about the Honest, they're like, what's it about.
Speaker 1: You're surprised by this. People don't read anymore. I mean people don't read anymore. I got asked.
Speaker 3: I had to be like, who gives a shit what it's about? Matt Damon's and he's like, all right, I'm fucking sold.
Speaker 2: It's the Massachusetts boy he's trying to come back. Yeah, yeah, I mean it's such a good film.
Speaker 1: I'm trying. I've been working the Lady Outlaw over and over again and trying to get her to go see it in the theater with me because.
Speaker 2: She's like, are they gonna do an actual attic because she's like a big literature person.
Speaker 1: Are they gonna do an actual adaptation or adaptation? I told her, I said, it's a little modern, it's a little modern.
Speaker 3: It's lady like fucking lapiniango.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: No, But she did go, but she didn't go, like why they cast her in both the roles.
Speaker 2: That kind of eliminates another female actress from having a job on the film.
Speaker 1: And I was like, you know what, I kind of hadn't thought about that. But sisters, I don't know if they're twins. I don't know the story as well to know that they're twins are not, so I don't know taking parts from black women now. I'm sure La Nerd Girl or Kate can let us know if their twins or not. But but Jeff, the.
Speaker 2: Culture war that you say doesn't exist is not over because apparently Elon Musk is trying to lock down Mill Gibson.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's an AI photo on purpose.
Speaker 2: Wanting to pay him one hundred million dollars to do a version of the Odyssey here.
Speaker 1: In retaliation to.
Speaker 2: Christopher Nolan's version, which is absolutely slapping him in the nuts every time it does well.
Speaker 1: So what is this? What is this bullshit?
Speaker 2: Is this just all posturing or do you think this could actually happen? As you say, all the time Elon does his thing, he's not money to do anything.
Speaker 3: Percent of people on Twitter must care about Christopher Nolan versus Elon Musk.
Speaker 1: This is a thing. Yeah, it's become a thing.
Speaker 2: Yes, he responded to a post that he wants to give direct gives one hundred million to make a quote historically accurate honestly, never mind that it's not a historical figure or story.
Speaker 1: I don't think that wants to do that movie. I think it is a yeah, I think passionately, christ.
Speaker 3: What am I supposed to say about a story like this.
Speaker 1: Your honest opinion, That's why I ask you about it.
Speaker 3: I think it's a dumb story.
Speaker 1: I agree.
Speaker 2: I think it is a dumb story, and it's dumb of a billionaire to even entertain it and respond to someone that he would totally do it. He's just out of controlled nuts, like the film did, well, shut the hell up and enjoy it.
Speaker 1: For God's all right, let's want to some trailers.
Speaker 2: Jeff Clayface, what are your thoughts on this trailer dropped a few days ago?
Speaker 1: Did you like this?
Speaker 2: Does it feel like this is the kind of horror you're into? And do you think this is a good thing for DC?
Speaker 3: Absolutely? Like not Every fucking comic book movie needs to have the same square John Hero, Uh, this is definitely my cup. I like him dark, this looks I think I just love the vibe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love the.
Speaker 3: Posters that they've come up with, some of the art. Boss Logic I think has had some really cool art. Yeah, I just I'm excited for this. And again, you could have seventy movie stars in your movie, like Avengers Doomsday and this is Tom Reese, Harry's guy who had never heard of a year ago when he was cast.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Movie, I'm more excited for this movie than dooms.
Speaker 1: It then Doomsday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, okay, okay, all right, I'm excited for this movie than Doomsday. All Right, yes, Yeah, I think this kid looks great in the trailer. Immediately I was like, oh, yeah, this is perfect and him playing an actor who But when I watched the trailer, Jeff, a lot of things popped out of me. First, that Sam Raimi Dark Man film kept coming to my head as I was watching this thing. The only thing is is this an anti hero story? Or is he He's a villain in the Batman universe?
Speaker 1: So what do we tell?
Speaker 2: Are we doing the Sony thing where it's like Craven's an anti hero?
Speaker 1: Venoms and anti hero? So I have concerns on that end. And how did he get his face cut up?
Speaker 2: Was it because he tried to sleep with the boss's girlfriend or was it was he hard done by these mobsters? So there's a lot of questions. I have a look all and apparently he hooks up with the doctor who is with the detective investigating the situation.
Speaker 1: So how good of a guy is he?
Speaker 3: So this is a lot of questions as I going to this reasons to see the movie this October find out what happens. Yeah, I don't know the answers to these questions.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I think it looks good.
Speaker 3: It probably will have him as this anti hero character. He looms like after the people who disfigured him or whatever. He crosses the line at some point into you know, proper villain, right.
Speaker 2: I mean a lot of people compared to substance in this he wants to recapture his looks. I mean, I think this could be a low key commentary on ozembic and GLP one drugs, This idea of becoming so assessed, obsessed with it that because it makes you look better in your mind, you now become you use it so much that now you become this other thing that you weren't before. And you see him like embracing his monstrousness by the end of the trailer as she's reacting to how big he's getting.
Speaker 1: So it's got to be interesting to see. I think it's a nice little one.
Speaker 3: Is something that modern film critics tend to do is try to find this meaning if I can't wait for people to interview Mike Flannagan and ask, hey, Mike, when you were writing this in the first draft anyways? Right if you read e W closely. This week they confirmed that the script was completely fucking rewritten by Hassamini.
Speaker 2: Sounds like someone broke that on this show, guys.
Speaker 3: But anyways, uh, like ask Mike Lenning about his initial draft and be like, were you thinking of g lp Ones when you wrote this? I don't think that he was. I understand why you could maybe read into that, because like, yeah, now, but yeah.
Speaker 1: What could be anything?
Speaker 2: Anything you become obsessed with that you think makes you look better. People have always gone farther down the path for it, right. There are gym nuts, there are people who fast like crazy and.
Speaker 1: Lose all this weight on.
Speaker 2: So there's all these things that people can become obsessed by, you know, And so that's certainly a possibility.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I like what Jorge says.
Speaker 2: It could be a commentary on the whole looks Max and culture like clavicular. Absolutely it could be a part of that as well. So but you know, God forbid modern film critics look at things this way. God for big I'll fucking for big baby.
Speaker 3: I'd love to give these guys this kind of credit.
Speaker 1: But let's go to another direction.
Speaker 2: Let's go well, actually no, let's go stay in the horror for one more minute.
Speaker 1: What'd you think of this? One man?
Speaker 2: We got the new official trailer for Resident Evil earlier this week.
Speaker 1: Dude, I fucking loved this trailer.
Speaker 2: Had some good illusions to the Resident Evil games, of course, really Raccoon City at the end, but also the shotgun shells, the typewriter, the books that were there.
Speaker 1: Look, so, what'd you think?
Speaker 2: And this Austin Abrams kid, I think he carried this trailer like crazy, Bro, I'm in on this.
Speaker 1: What'd you think of this trailer? Are you on the fence now? No?
Speaker 3: I think it looks really cool. Yeah, I'm not like a Resident Evil guy by any means, Right, Gregor has me excited for this. Hopefully you can can sustain the tension that I think that these trailers have demonstrated. Yeah, but yeah, as far as like these Easter eggs go like, oh, shotgun shells, what are things.
Speaker 1: From the game?
Speaker 2: And so it's a way of saying like to this, it's a way of ninking, winking to the fans, because I mean, they're making such changes. They're not putting this in the ninth these they're putting in a modern day the snowy aspect of it all. And then I really like, yeah, me too. And this kid is not a character in any of the games, as a new kid, a new character for this movie, so some of the.
Speaker 3: Like same thing with Star Trek. I don't need the characters for the games.
Speaker 1: This is cannon.
Speaker 3: Just take the world and what is interesting to you about Resident Evil and tell you with your own characters in it. That's what gold Seene and Daily are probably gonna do with Star Trek.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think that's the way to go, because then it's judged on its own merits and not up against all these past incarnations.
Speaker 2: Expectations, right right, right, Yeah, But you know they're a fervent fan.
Speaker 1: Based the Resident Evil guys people rather, so you know they're gonna come with their opinion.
Speaker 2: But I like the horror element. But I like the humor in this trailer as well, Jeff, which we didn't.
Speaker 1: Have in the first trailer.
Speaker 2: This had a little more humor to it. So you're like, I like that this is gonna work on both in both arenas. And who hasn't been that young desperate kid who does that an extra job for money because you need money, you know, so why why wouldn't you take the job? I want to I was a courier back in DC, back in the old days, and I had to take an organ to Baltimore late at night, got paid double.
Speaker 1: I know what that experience is like. It's insane. Transporter, bro, I thought the transport of transported people, not organs. Am I wrong on that?
Speaker 3: I can transport anything?
Speaker 1: Dude? That was a terrible state. That was bad. I'm embarrassed. Let's delete that. We're alive, Bro, I'm sorry. You a better one, oh man?
Speaker 2: All right, well, before we move on, I've had a request from your brother to do an unboxing of the merchandise that was sent to me. So I am doing an official unboxing. I have not pulled any of this stuff out. I just opened it to make it easier. But John sents this and just a little sample of the merch that you can get the is in the description of the video.
Speaker 1: He set me the hat that Jeff has been wearing. Yes to Hot my Cat.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, let's put it on.
Speaker 1: We're twins black and purple. I don't know. This seems a little to the biggest level. I have a massive head. I have a massive head. Sorry man, Uh, there you go. Think of that. The hot mic. The Hot my Cat's there. That's good.
Speaker 3: We'll get you lead.
Speaker 2: But I wanted something different than Jeff's hat, and so he sent me another one here, whoaol.
Speaker 1: This one's pimp. I kind of like this one. So well that's you.
Speaker 3: That's very like manly and mind's purple, very flamboyant.
Speaker 2: So so yeah, so this is pretty cool as well.
Speaker 1: So highly recommend it's goodes.
Speaker 3: What John's trying to say, go in the comment section you're on YouTube or whatever, it's a description.
Speaker 1: Of the video. There's the there's the tags. Apparently I got your tags.
Speaker 2: Because there's not any made from mine just yet. I got a shirt with team Team Roca.
Speaker 1: There you go, you can have it. There you go, you can get that one. Look at you. Look at that. Look at that.
Speaker 3: We haven't alternative an alternative jersey with said robe his balls on him too.
Speaker 1: Hey.
Speaker 2: And then this is the one I can't wait to wear. He sent me a hot Mike sweatshirt, which is pretty cool. I think, John, if you're watching the next design, the hot mic and it should have like my face here in Jeff's face on the side, like that would be funny to do it that way.
Speaker 1: So just a recommendation. But yeah, great stuff.
Speaker 3: This is a job. Yeah, thank you, And yeah, these figures. You guys can order it says not a masterpiece.
Speaker 1: It sucks.
Speaker 3: I loved it. I hated it. It made me cry. Go see this. You can slack on gas station things and people will be like, who the hell is this guy?
Speaker 1: So there you go.
Speaker 2: So it's it's in the description of the video. I'll put it in the comment section in a second as well. So thank you, John, good stuff man. Thanks for sing us saying a lot. We'll definitely be wearing it when we.
Speaker 1: Do the shows. All right's move on to some more trailers.
Speaker 2: Jeff Emeniza, Johnny Depp is back, y'all. He had a special installation at Comic Con. They put a Marlean Scrooge building up there and Johnny Depp actually came out live and talked to people. Then he crashed the panel that Frosty did there yesterday, and they released the trailer for this one.
Speaker 1: All right, your thoughts on this from t West. A lot of people are like, why do we need another Scrooge thing? But I gotta say this trailer worked. Jeff, what did you think?
Speaker 3: I think I got a twisted testicle.
Speaker 2: I think it's I think are you sitting on it?
Speaker 1: I got a rest here, come on now, okay, evaneezer.
Speaker 3: Ah. I don't think this movie looks very good. But I'm not like a big wow you think it looks like a great movie.
Speaker 2: I think it looks like a lot of fun. And I think this feels like Johnny going back to like doing doing humor every once in a while, like his his films that he has a little bit of humor to them.
Speaker 1: I kind of like this character is a fit. Yeah, but.
Speaker 3: This story is just so over overdone, so played, like so washed.
Speaker 1: How can you say that when the trailer says to.
Speaker 3: Me, it's been done eight zillion times, that's.
Speaker 1: Not what the trailer said.
Speaker 2: What do you mean The trailer says a character you know, but a story you've never heard before.
Speaker 1: That's what the trailer said to me.
Speaker 3: Man, Well, listen, maybe ty West has done something unique with it. I don't know if ty Wes movie is going to be like scarier than this kind of comedic fluffyer trailer that they've put out. Yeah yeah, yeah, but yeah, Like I don't know, playing this got this character up like he's the next like Edward Scissorhands or Jack Sparrow.
Speaker 1: I was like, this is not like a lovable character. It's not supposed to be right because you're supposed to like.
Speaker 2: Feel that he wins you back by the end because he has a legitimate, like change of heart about who he is as a person. So yeah, but I.
Speaker 1: Think, but then okay, so let's but let's but then this.
Speaker 2: Was of course, immediately met with a lot of controversy because people are like, well, this guy sexually assaulted Amber, heard this guy groomed Winona Ryder, and so we got all that. Even I got attacked because I put this tweet up yesterday and I said, God forgive me.
Speaker 1: I love this. I can't wait to see it.
Speaker 2: And someone with someone with seventeen thousand people of followers came at me and she's like, you need to be put on a watch list. If you like this, that means you condone the sexual assault and the grooming of miners.
Speaker 1: I was like, what the fuck.
Speaker 3: I hate to tell you, buddy, I hate to tell you you're already on a watch list. Probably probably I've already been there at the top of that watch list for quite I'm sure.
Speaker 4: I'm sure I have no problem seeing a Johnny de movie, but just the movie doesn't like it's just not my cup of tea.
Speaker 3: Same with the day Drinker next year. Oh yeah, if that comes out next spring or whatever. That doesn't really sound critically appealing to me. So you know, if you if you wound up in something good, I'd happily see it.
Speaker 1: And maybe I'll end up seeing Ebenezer because I do like ty West.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I did like having him get sucked into the bed like in Nightmare on Elm Street.
Speaker 1: Although that was a nice little reference, you know, so I thought that was cool. That's a good cast.
Speaker 2: I mean, Andrew Reeveesborough, Ia McKellen, Daisy, really, Grant Trammel, Tillman.
Speaker 1: That's a murderous row of actors.
Speaker 3: And so a lot of these these actors gotta eat the thing, will do a Johnny Depp holiday movie.
Speaker 1: Andrew Risbrooke got that nomination for an oscar Ian McClellan.
Speaker 2: Is he's not suffering for money?
Speaker 1: He has that Star Wars money about heard at all? I don't know. Yeah, it's a good question. All right, One more trailer before we leave the trailers.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: This Blade Runner twenty ninety nine trailer dropped today.
Speaker 2: Jeff I did a reaction to it's up on the channel as well, this one with Hunter Schaeffer and Michelle Yo. I'm a massive fan of the Blade Winner franchise. I thought this teaser worked for the series. It's flipping it on its head that the replicants are now in charge and the humans are the hunted ones, and this is a human and Hunter Shaffer coming together with the replicant.
Speaker 1: What do you think of this? This working?
Speaker 2: All any thoughts on this?
Speaker 1: This is this show's not work what?
Speaker 3: Why do you say that? Why the same reason Blade Runner twenty forty nine didn't work out? What you need be an new with fucking hairson Ford and Ryan Gosli, fucking niche nerd property for people. I'm sorry to use this a people in their fifties. Yeah, I don't know any young people who give a fuck about Blade Runner. I don't know that Michelle Yo, and you don't know that many young people period.
Speaker 1: But go ahead, go ahead, yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 3: I don't think that Michelle Yo and Hunter Shaffer are enough to get people to watch the show with the kind of numbers that they need to justify this budget.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: This feels like another like Dune the Prophecy sort of thing where it's like, can we bring this massive ip to television but you know, with like a bee cast?
Speaker 2: Well, could this be like Alien Earth? Some people referencing it in the chat? Could this be like FX? Is Alien Earth?
Speaker 1: A little more darker than people think? And well done?
Speaker 3: I don't think it'll be as elevated or like as prestige, right, I mean that show has no Holly.
Speaker 1: I don't know that that is sort of what's going for.
Speaker 3: I think this is appealing to like, you know, I mean, follow Out got a zillion Immy Noma. I think it's appealing to that kind of audience. I don't know that Blade Runner is the right fit for that audience.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, well Ridley Ridley Scott's eping. He's not show running, but he's eping.
Speaker 1: So any good thing or a bad thing these days, I don't know that's a good question. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Just just a corrector here. Jordan says, Hey, I'm twenty five and I love Blade Runner. So there's one young person you know who loves Blade Runner.
Speaker 1: So there you go. I'm glad you like Blade Runner.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 2: Well see if you guys show up to watch the series, that's really the big telling.
Speaker 1: Mark on this kind of.
Speaker 3: Why do you make this though? Like after Blade Runner twenty forty nine bombs.
Speaker 2: I just think there are certain ips that executives just endeavor to to somehow revitalize. I mean, how many terrible Terminator installments termor Predator installments terrible? You know these all these installments die hard installments. People still want to bring it back, you know, so they think there might be golden than their hills.
Speaker 1: I guess I'd rather see a cool RoboCop series which is coming right from from Prime. Yeah, there you go. Oh.
Speaker 2: One last trailer, Uh did you get a chance to see this one? The Misty Green trailer from Chris Rock? I saw this one, dude. I gotta say I was blown away by this trailer. I didn't know what this was at all I watched it. Any thoughts on this, any feelings on this? Have you heard anything about.
Speaker 3: This set trailer? I think she gets the Best Actress nomination?
Speaker 1: Really, you do? I do?
Speaker 3: I think she's going to be like the talk of the season, like we will have moved on from Indi Navaretti, but this comes out.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's a strong statement.
Speaker 3: No, I don't think this movie's gonna do obsession numbers right, right, right right, I think. I mean people love a fiery black, you know, woman of color. Yeah, and she's playing an actor and so you know, I could really see the actors going for this, like during the reward season.
Speaker 1: You know, an actor.
Speaker 3: Who's been disrespected and who's maybe maybe like you and I like, have a bit of a temper, maybe caused some of their own problems, can't get out of their own way, you know, whatever it is. I guess a lot of people, you know, more people than not.
Speaker 1: Right, It's true. Who ever worked you know for you know, everything goes smoothly for them. Yeah, I'm looking forward to mister Green.
Speaker 3: I was a big fan of Top five actually the Chris Rock movie and that that's crazy thing that was twenty fourteen. Wow, isn't directed a movie in twelve years, So hopefully he's coming back with something special.
Speaker 1: Get slapped around. That's why Uh, Rosalind well, okad, go ahead, good, I'm gonna say. Roslin Eliazar, who is the star of this She's.
Speaker 2: Been great on slow horses, so to see her, to see her break out and lead this film looks fantastic And that might have been the reason why she wasn't that much in the last season of the show. She was doing this move and I think she shines like a diamond in this fucking trailer.
Speaker 1: And so does Caluja as her brother. He's so interesting, right, which you know I wasn't. I was what the role was. I wish i'd I think.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I did the Oscar predictions the day before the day after that trailer came out, But feels great.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, yeah, yeah, so we'll see.
Speaker 3: I think that she can catch the race. I don't think Mikey Madison for social reckoning is that is a shoeing. I don't think clearer path for Mikey Madison, and this woman can forget it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's a good cast too. I mean Adam Driver's in this, Anna Kendrick's in this. Toe for Graces in this Anthony Anderson Amy Landecker, who I think is a really good actress, and she.
Speaker 3: Just agreed like Driver is looking like Mark Ruffalo and Collateral.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a little bit, a little bit. I like it. All right, let's want to another big story, Jeff, go ahead, go ahead, what do you got? Sorry?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, maybe don't eat the whole fucking shown.
Speaker 3: The Sonny Sandler trailer. I believe it was Sonny, not Sadie.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that one with the cancer mm hmm. It made me cry.
Speaker 3: Okay, what's it called? It says? I think it's don't say good luck? Uh, it's with Max Greenfields, the dad. Who's the mom Melanie Lynsky.
Speaker 1: Right, Uh huh Melie Lynsky.
Speaker 3: Yes, I was crying watching that trailer, and other people told me that they cried watching too. Did you see it?
Speaker 1: Uh? No, you should watch it this. I'm kind of doming Nepo babies for a bit, bro, so I don't. Uh, I'm not. I'm not feeling it.
Speaker 3: First of all, both those girls delivered two of the best Netflix movies in the last couple of years. Okay, cool, The bot Mitzville one, You're so my bot Mitzvah and Roommates. Did you watch Roommates this spring?
Speaker 1: Didn't watching them? I think both the standlor girls are talents, okay, all right?
Speaker 3: And they and they're like it's so rare because like they're not they look like at them, right, I mean they're not. They're not ugly girls, but they're not they're the best looking girls.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm still.
Speaker 3: A member of the Sandler family, so I can say this.
Speaker 1: You've slept with a member of the Sandler family. Is that what you said?
Speaker 3: Look just like at them with longer hair, Jeff.
Speaker 1: And let's have a sexist saying.
Speaker 3: That these girls aren't like being Yeah, maybe they're getting cascas or Sandler's kids.
Speaker 1: Of course they're gonna casca the sailor's kids. You know what.
Speaker 3: I'd rather that than them getting casks because they're pretty. They're actually talented, so you know, let them contain.
Speaker 2: There are many actually talented actresses, Jeff.
Speaker 3: I think there's a lot of people who get cast in this town based on their looks, of course, and whether they're being cast because their sailors kids are not. They're talented and they're not being cast for their looks. They're actually very relatable.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, all right, fair points.
Speaker 2: Uh, we'll see any other trailers this week that you got a chance to see that you want to talk about.
Speaker 3: I've watched so much shit this weeken, I'm just from grinding tape. Grinding tape. I watched okay, wait, that new Netflix documentary that's out A toxic love Story.
Speaker 1: Oh, is that out. I haven't watched it yet.
Speaker 3: I think it's out. The embargo listed on Wednesday, so I don't know if this gotta be out. Crazy Okay, good, even my Netflix standards crazy.
Speaker 2: Because we just watched Maternal Instinct the other night. Jeff, Holy fuck Holy in my top ten. Yeah, yeah, what a documentary.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: Netflix is on a roll with some of these true crime documentaries, but I think A toxic love story might be the best.
Speaker 1: One of them. So check that out. Okay.
Speaker 3: When you mentioned the nakely screeners earlier this week, right, yeah, oh, I'm gonna check if I have those. And then I didn't realize that the naked screeners came with the Reacher screeners. Yes, yes, I'm watching Reacher season four.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're going to dive into that this weekend. What else did I watch this week? Well? Can I say?
Speaker 2: I guess I can't say anything, right, I can't break in Barge until September, so you know.
Speaker 1: You can't say anything.
Speaker 3: How about the movie last night?
Speaker 1: Okay? What did you see that one?
Speaker 3: The Nicholas winning Refin movie with so Yes, that's out in theaters this weekend. The worst movie of the year. What worse than Scream seven. I was that possible. This was so unwatchable. It was torture the entire time. I would have walked out, like if I was at a festival, no question, I would have walked out. My friend before the movie we said, he said to me, He's like, I'm not walking out, so you can walk out if you want to, but like you're on your own if you do. And so I stuck it. I was like, I promise I will stick it out. And oh my god, horrible.
Speaker 2: But isn't this I mean, this is where he's been going, right, So is he done?
Speaker 1: Is he toasted?
Speaker 3: I mean I did think that. That was my first thought after the me I was like, that's it. Like work again after this, Like I mean he's like what do heen? Like, I don't know who's giving this guy money.
Speaker 1: I'm just gonna ask you that.
Speaker 3: And there is an audience for them, like there were an interesting audience, Like it's not just like dude bros. Showing up, Like it's an interesting cross section that you see at a ten o'clock screening of a Nick Refin movie an opening night. Believe me, Yeah, I don't know what he he just needs someone else to write script, right, like Osamini who wrote you.
Speaker 1: Know the fucking movie we're just talking about?
Speaker 3: Yes, uh he wrote Drive, Yeah right, Jesus Christ.
Speaker 1: Like, it's just.
Speaker 3: It's unbelievable. Watching the movie, I was flattoss. I felt so bad for the cast.
Speaker 1: What is it about? Can you give it a log line?
Speaker 3: And like I didn't tell you, there's some character, the leather man, who comes with the miss looking for his lost daughter, I think. And then there's like a parallel story about some actresses making a movie.
Speaker 1: I have no idea. Wowmprehensible.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, all right, there you go. That's Jeff's mini review of that movie, A ridiculous winding reference movie.
Speaker 1: So anything else?
Speaker 2: Shall we move on to the next story? Anything else? Okay, let's move on to this story. Hey, Now, Days of Thunder Too is apparently on the way.
Speaker 1: Paramount is given the keys.
Speaker 2: They're in talks to with Jonathan Levine to direct this film. Here Cruise on board to star in the follow up with Jerry Bruckheimer, who will never die producing this thing. This is intended to be Cruise's next production. Jeff, I gotta tell you, I don't know if I like this idea. I don't know if I like this this decision. Days of Thunder is a fun, cheesy, guilty pleasure, but it is not even in the same ballpark as Top Gun in terms of its resonance.
Speaker 1: So do you think this is taking advantage of the f one thing? Do you think Cruise needs.
Speaker 2: This because of those two missteps with the mission impossible movies? Maybe nobody goes to see Digger, Like, what are your thoughts on this, man?
Speaker 1: Do we need this character back?
Speaker 3: Cole Trickle Listen, I do wonder if it's that, if it's like I think Digger's gonna bomb. Yeah, I think Digger's gonna do well. I don't know who's turned out for that fucking movie.
Speaker 1: It's weird. That's a weird looking movie. That's one hundred and my dollars or whatever.
Speaker 3: So it's like, Okay, if it does not do well, which he may be anticipating at this point, right, can't go back and do mission because there is no mission.
Speaker 1: It's done. That's done.
Speaker 3: Top Gun three. You really have to like treat as like the baby. You have to be careful with that and not rush it because you do the first time. So this is maybe the only property he sees that he can go back to. That's a safe you know hit. I mean, I think it's kind of sad that he feels he has to like reprise these kinds of roles at this point in his career.
Speaker 2: I agree, like, this is not the Tom cruise I knew from decades. From the last few days, it's like he would never do this Top Gun. Yeah, the Top Gun thing was thirty six years in the making, but he waited for the right script, but that already had a baked in How can I say this just a baked in resonance that fans of that film always loved, Right, You don't feel that way about fucking Days of Thunder, you know, like, oh wow, I really felt for Cold Trickle and what's his face's character Michael Rooker and the mental damage they went through getting hit by cars. Like you don't feel the same way as you do with Top Gun when goost Eyes, for fuck's sake, So.
Speaker 3: Are you are you making something that aspires to be Top Gun? Maverick?
Speaker 1: Yeah, which hanging out.
Speaker 3: A sequel to a racing movie, because you know that a racing movie with Tom criism they can get to. Let's say it's four hundred million worldwide guaranteed, right, like, oh wait, if Brad Pitton F one got six hundred, Yeah, you can comfortably say this one will do four to four fifty.
Speaker 2: But he you know, he's not doing this for less than one fifty or two hundred the film.
Speaker 1: You know that he's gonna want a bug.
Speaker 3: But maybe that's why they get a guy like Levine, Yeah, who maybe isn't the technical wizard that because since he may be, and maybe so, maybe this isn't supposed to be like an envelope pushing groundbreaking action sequel and it's kind of just like meat and potatoes. Yeah, and they may get for one hundred or one hundred and twenty five, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess this.
Speaker 2: And it seems like they must be high on mister Irrelevant if they're giving him this, right, if they're talking to him about.
Speaker 3: This shign of confidence. I think absolutely. Levin's a chameleon. He kind of does a little. He works in all different genres. Yeah, he hops around, and yet he's never really had a giant break like this. So I'm happy for him, and I think that he's earned it. Yeah, but he wouldn't have been on my list, you know, for this gig it, so it was a little surprising to me. The most surprising thing of the whole report was that it's going to be Tom's next movie, that it's not that close that they can just get ready to put this into production early next year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean he's done what all the boys love, many Lane, the whackedness fifty to.
Speaker 1: Fifty, which I think is amazing.
Speaker 2: Speaking of cancer films, Warm Bodies, which is damn good that hardly anyone talks about. The Night Before is excellent. Long Shot didn't make that much money, but people loved it of long Shot. So yeah, so interesting situation here with him. But I think, Jeff, this doesn't work without bringing the callback. I really, I think that's the selling point. You have to bring her back, the reuniting of Tom Cruise and Nicole Kimman after the divorce.
Speaker 1: Like this would sell tickets if I was Tom. I want all on my hands and knees to beg her to come back.
Speaker 3: That's funny that you said that, because James, that was Jamie's first time. Jamie's like, that's the hook for this, is bringing the cole back, And like you got to see that. Who But like, who, who is that really going to bring into theaters? Besides like people who their marriage and divorce, like in tabloids at the grocery counter, Like.
Speaker 1: I love how you think it's five people who followed that shit? Millions of people follow.
Speaker 3: That the huge global story. But does that people like that was twenty twenty years ago? People still invested in that enough to like, that's my reason to show up for Days of Thunder two because they're back together on the screen. I don't know that Tom would want her back, and I don't know that she would come back to where that's the point. Yeah, So that's the point that we're going to watch these two people who got divorced and don't really want to be around each other be forced to be together because they were. This is the movie they met on years ago.
Speaker 2: That's the question. Do they hate each other or not? I don't know what's the real situation. She's divorced Keith Urban.
Speaker 3: There's love between them, but.
Speaker 1: Right they co parent, Don't.
Speaker 3: I want to spend three months together?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 2: That may be that may be the thing that like they're not together in the movie anymore, so, what would be.
Speaker 1: The role in the movie. Yeah, that's watching how do you find a way.
Speaker 2: Because I mean with with top Gun Maverick, I understood because Kelly McGillis had gone on in age, she had gotten heavier. She's like, you're not going to bring that back in a realistic Hollywood way for him for her to be his leading lady. You bring in Jennifer Conley, who is still you know, relevant, still working, still in shape, still very much gorgeous. So that's that's Hollywood logic. I'm not saying I agree with it. I'm not saying I condone it, but it is Hollywood logic. The Cole is still working the call, is still very much a woman in demand, attractive, so it makes sense that to bring her back as opposed to the Kelly McGillis situation where she hadn't been active in quite some time.
Speaker 3: So I think if Nicole came back, she would have to come back as the love interest. Again. I don't really see any other point Necessarily. I don't think that she helps in terms of keeping the budget down, Right.
Speaker 1: That's a good point. Yeah, that's a good point.
Speaker 3: I think she doesn't bring to the table what she's lost, right, She's even though she's missed movies literally with she's literally miss movies. She's also missus TV. Right, you think that's where she lives these days. She lives in on my TV. Yeah, yeah, yeah, so she's kind of like a TV star. It would be masquerading back on the big screen. And I think that she would ask for a lot of money to have to work with Tom again.
Speaker 1: They don't especially, Yeah I have to work again. Yeah, see this is more.
Speaker 2: I think this is more would have been more interesting revisiting this because the sports landscape has changed so much and sports agents have.
Speaker 1: Changed so much. It would be fascinating.
Speaker 2: And Renee is still working, so you could definitely get Renee back for this.
Speaker 1: I just watched the movie. It was It's amazing the movie.
Speaker 3: I forget he's still an agent at the end. I mean he rod's new contracts, so like, Okay, he's still in that world. Maybe own an agency.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm a I'd be open to that.
Speaker 1: I'd be open.
Speaker 2: I think that's more interesting to me than Days of Thunder two because it feels like it's going to be a repeat of which we just saw at F one. A grizzled older racer coming back to coach another young kid. Because you're gonna tell me that he's gonna try to win races in his mid sixties.
Speaker 1: Get the fuck out of here. That doesn't happen.
Speaker 3: So I don't know what age has to do with it necessary.
Speaker 2: I mean, I can tell you someone who followed race, start card race, there's no one in the sixties winning fucking races.
Speaker 1: Okay, why what's.
Speaker 2: The Because your your hand to eye coordination and your thinking ability in the quick spots, it's not there anymore like it is when you're in your twenties in a race car going one hundred and fifty miles per hour.
Speaker 3: It just isn't feel like I would buy a scenario or a sixty year old guy wins replace like it's not like beyond comprehension. But I get it.
Speaker 1: Right, A man, that's the sequel. You need to get Talladega Nights sequel. Give me Bricky Bobby Back. I'd be all boarder that way. I just people.
Speaker 3: I think people would rather see I'm more interested in what happened to Jerry McGuire than Cole Trickle.
Speaker 1: Yes, I agree, I agree.
Speaker 3: People would people turn out for a Jerry McGuire movie anymore that if Jerry maguire came out instead of Digger This Christmas, does that movie wind up as the hit that it was in the mid nineties. I don't think it does.
Speaker 2: I think if you bring in the sports stars of today, if you get Caitlin cloik Lebron James, all these people that are the Jalen, all these people that are current, I think it could absolutely work because sports landscap.
Speaker 1: Has changed so much. But I think it would have to be a pretty excellent script like the original was. You know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was watching Vanilla Skuy Via the Night for like thirty minutes and I just was like, that's a shame, Like I miss Cameron Crowe. Not that I think that movie was great, but it was the beginning of the end of Cameron Cruft.
Speaker 1: That Vanilla Sky. Yeah, yeah, it's because you love Vanellopee Cruise in that movie, and God love you. She's great. So we'll see, we'll see what happens with that. One last thing for you, boy man.
Speaker 2: Glen Palell gonna play Luke Garrick who died of Louke Gerrig's disease.
Speaker 1: How do you not see that coming?
Speaker 2: Your thoughts on this, Jeff, do you like this as the next choice for Glenn Pal Do you think it'll make sense?
Speaker 1: It'll work for him.
Speaker 3: But if he didn't died of a different disease lou Gerrigg died in pneumonia, then then there was some other disease and they were like, you know what, lou Gary was a good guy, let's name him after that.
Speaker 1: Sorry, this is for Richard link Letter as well.
Speaker 3: Yes, I really like this project for Glenn. I think it's a good role for him. I think reuniting with link Ladder is a good idea. They're a good fit together. You know. Curious who would be playing the ball player who sort of groomed is his replacement?
Speaker 1: You know, that would sort of be the the other role.
Speaker 3: And then I think his wife would be the other role.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's massive part of the Yeah, the Pride of the Yankees is the is the Gary Cooper version of this story, which is amazing classic film. So you you know, you're walking into the shoes not only of the legendary lu Gary but also a legendary performance from Gary Cooper, which some people remember, so it'd be interesting.
Speaker 1: It's a challenge is set for himself for sure. I think could be interesting to say known by his friends, known to his friends as Coop. Yeah, yes, yes, but.
Speaker 2: This could be a challenging role, right, I mean, he died at thirty seven years old, Luke Gary, so that's right around the age.
Speaker 3: Of he gonna be thirty eight by the time he doesn't it gonna be believable.
Speaker 1: Glenn's around the age, so this could be a really challenging role for him, you know. And link Leonard did take more hood to ask and Young was that.
Speaker 3: It was between Glenn and Laupite and I youngo.
Speaker 2: Oh Jesus Christ. She's actually playing Babe Ruth in this, so we'll see what.
Speaker 3: I think this is a cool project for again. I think that the who knows what's gonna happen with the j J Abrams movie.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Judd Appetitel movie is going to work. I think that is going to show in Glenn that people want to see.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's for sure.
Speaker 3: And we'll get a trailer for that this fall because it comes out in February.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, already wow wow, okay, yeah, Link letter works fast.
Speaker 1: He don't play no no, no, no, no, no, no, not the Oh you mean the jj Abrams one.
Speaker 3: No Judg's movie comes out in February.
Speaker 2: Oh sorry, sorry, sorry, okay, okay, right, right, right, okay, I will say not a masterpiece.
Speaker 1: I'm this my guest, not a masterpiece. That's what I will say on that one.
Speaker 2: All right, Do you want to get to the questions? You want to debate this Vulture list? What are you feeling Vulture list? All right, here we go. So Vulture put together a list of the one hundred most powerful directors in the Holly would and the top twenty list was put out there and it has sparked much debate, including last night at my dinner get together with some friends in Cooling Patrick from Entertainment Weekly.
Speaker 1: Who joined us to have a debate about this stuff.
Speaker 2: This is the list of the top twenty directors according to Vulture in terms of power. Christopher Nolan number one, Ryan Coogler number two, three is Dnivi I Leaneuve, fo Gerna garowiic five to Quentin Tarantino six, Cameron seven, Spielberg, eight, Scorses nine, Jordan peele ten, Pta eleven, Lord and Miller twelve, Ryan Johnson thirteen, David Fincher fourteen, Inneritu fifteen, Bon Jung Ho sixteens, Gianmo del Toro seventeen, Zach Craiger.
Speaker 1: Eighteen, Amor fenneral. Nineteen. James Gunn, Congratulations, gun you made the list twenty James Mangold.
Speaker 2: So, Jeff, you look at this list arguments, issues, rankings, problems or do you check?
Speaker 1: Do you robber stamp this list?
Speaker 3: Get the top portion of the list is where the problem is. I think it's you know, when you go further down and you have people like you know, Nia da Costa over like Tim Burton or something like that, right, Ni Costa may have directed some big movies lately, but like sort as power goes, tim Burton wants something, tim Burton's getting it.
Speaker 1: They're talking about the overall list here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, And I don't know that was just an example.
Speaker 1: I picked up my head. I'm not even sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like going back to that top twenty, Yeah, you've got Bung Juneo and you've got a hundred. Why not Coron quar Yes, because Coron's last thing was a TV thing, right, right, but like he got Apple to pay for a giant thing with Kate Blanchet, you know, like e show a huge budget. It's just like it's all about the timing, right in your in Yarra two is on the list because.
Speaker 1: Of Digger, right.
Speaker 3: If Coron had a movie coming out, just well, he'd be on the list instead of inord.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean? Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: My issue in the top ten is what I'll say. I don't think Coogler's above Denise.
Speaker 1: I just don't. In terms of powerful directors.
Speaker 2: Denise's first two Dune movies, they have made more than any Ryan Kugler film, for God's sakes, so to other than Black Panther obviously, so to me, I think Denis is the one that's consistently putting out incredible films, and I think he ranks higher than Ryan Kugler in my opinion. And in no world is Quentin Tarantino below Greta Garrick. You tell me, right now, go to the average moviegoer. You gotta ticket for the new Greta Garrick film and the new Quentin Tarantino film.
Speaker 1: Which one is he gonna take. He's gonna take the Tarantino film.
Speaker 3: I'm with you, I'm with you, you know, But it's like, because I'm Greta Gerrigan. I got Netflix to bend to my will and give this movie a proper theatrical release, and Imax, Oh the power I wield. You know, well, isn't Tarantino's movie also getting a fucking eineine release this fall before, don't you?
Speaker 1: Yeah? And he's not even he didn't even make that one. He just wrote it exactly.
Speaker 3: Listen with lists like these, it's it's always uh subjective, But I.
Speaker 1: Think this is I think this is what frustrates me.
Speaker 2: And you know, I know I'm the one who's banged the drum a representation and all of that. I know I have for years, right, But like when you look at a list like this, there's no fucking world where I think Jordan Peele at this point is ninth.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, that's nonsense, hacking up, hacking away at his company.
Speaker 1: Right, And you've gone from get out, go lower to sorry.
Speaker 2: You've gone from get yeah, get out to go lower to us go lower to nope, And now you've got him.
Speaker 1: Trying to figure out what he's gonna write next, and.
Speaker 3: So jumpy like Lord and Miller have that Spider.
Speaker 1: And the Spider Verse and the Spider Verse movie, Will is not active intelligence like that.
Speaker 3: Listen again, this is what happens when you let amateurs make a professional list.
Speaker 1: Yeah, here's the truth. Yeah, tell the truth.
Speaker 3: Guys like Kroll and I or Boris, we would rank actors and directors, I think in a completely different way than most people would. Yeah, and I'm not it's not a brag. It's just the way that I think that we look at talent. Yeah, see who's getting the offers before who, and who's on the list and all that kind of stuff. I just I would much rather have Justin or Boris or I or Fleming or even Mburdo come up.
Speaker 1: With a list.
Speaker 3: Then I'll, due respect Nate Jones of Vulture or whoever came up with that.
Speaker 1: List, how do you put J. J Abrams twenty third? Because get the fuck out of here.
Speaker 3: It's it's over down. It's we have this idea of of these filmmakers and then it becomes crystallized in our heads and it doesn't account for where things stand now. So jj Abrams is like a huge name, But if you're really attuned to like what's been going on lately with Bad Robot and the projects that it's making, this like End of Oak Street and The Great Beyond, which just got kicked a year.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the power is waning, it's fading, it's not it's not rising, so he should be lower. And I think that that's just where you're blinded by the celebrity, and that is something I would expect a vulture.
Speaker 2: That frustrates me about these lists is like, I think there's an agenda behind a lot. We got to make sure we get a black person, got make sure we got a good woman, go to make sure we can check the boxes. Like that bothers me, Like I want representation, of course, but I don't want like, well, we have to do this, we have to include this because I think it's bullshit.
Speaker 1: I think it's bullshit. There's no way Jordan Peel.
Speaker 3: Is not What did you object to though, because I actually would give Nate credit for that, Like everyone's coming down on him, like there's only eight women on the list, I think of the hundred directors.
Speaker 1: Is that is that correct? Okay?
Speaker 2: I didn't see It's like, you know what that's because that's Hollywood.
Speaker 1: That's not on me.
Speaker 3: Whoever, that's on the town. Yes, so I you're you know, you're talking about quotas or thinking that's why Jordan Peel's there. I actually would give Nate credit for not going in that direction. I just think he's just wrong. It's not a matter of DEI or woke shit. It's a matter of you're just wrong and ignorant.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't think any other reason you put uh uh Jordan Peel knife other than you've got to have another black director in the top ten. Like, I can't think of any other reason that you would put Jordan Peel knife miss.
Speaker 3: It's just a misconcept where he stands in the industry right now. I don't think that he's there because.
Speaker 2: Or that you put Grenier above Tarantino. Gotta have a woman above Tarantino, Like I think there's.
Speaker 3: Either I think there's a sometimes I don't think that there's an agenda to have a woman above Tarantino or in the top five or whatever. It's just that the media, it's Bellanie, and these media says just shoving Greta Gerwig down your throat. Yeah, and she's got the hot Narnia movie, big ip, Netflix, They're going to change the rules for her. IMAX really is like they just get swept up in that and they're not really that. It's like if Greta Gerwig brought a movie to Sony and Quentin Tarantino brought a movie to Sony. I think Sony would rather make the Tarantino movie. Of course, same thing, although with Kugler, to go against your Denie argument, yeah, got control of one of his movies back, and that's an original movie. Denise had original movies, don't get me wrong. Thing on the level of Sinners, and he certainly has not been able to be like all right, I'll do your James Bond movie, but you got to give me one percent of the growth, you know, like right, he's not getting any ownership of it. So I do think Coogler is actually more powerful than to me.
Speaker 1: I disagree. I'll just we'll just have to disagree on that for sure. But like Gaybric Gribble's like, well, Greta has a billion dollar week, so do the people who made Captain Marvel? Do I do they have power?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: Do they have power? Now? Come on? Like pretty logical? Be logical on this stuff.
Speaker 2: Also, Sean Levy thirty six and James gunn Is twentieth suck my nuts, like that's nonsense.
Speaker 1: Sean Levy just had a billion and a half on Deadpool Wolverine. They handed him Starfighter. That's power.
Speaker 2: James Gunn shortly runs DC and he had a Superman movie that made six hundred and something million dollars.
Speaker 1: Great, But like, you know, who's got the real power?
Speaker 3: It's the studio though he can he has green la.
Speaker 1: But what's the assessment director power or power? Power over power? Power?
Speaker 3: He has green light power. Sean Levy's still asking for green lights. That's the difference. And this is what I'm talking about with Like.
Speaker 1: Gun might Piaska for green lights very soon himself, maybe, but like should over him. I don't. I don't think so, And I kind I kind of would.
Speaker 2: I would stump for uh Corey Barker or Kane Parsons to get into the top twenty right now, because you've got w B at A twenty four fighting to represent you to.
Speaker 1: Have you do their next movie. And we're talking millions of tens of millions of dollars that are being in prayer in play here. So eh, I'm just saying, I just feel like he's a lesser.
Speaker 3: You know. That's why people make listens to people can argue over them. Yeah, I'm not gonna This isn't like one of the dumbest lists I've ever.
Speaker 1: Seen, So no, I wouldn't say that.
Speaker 3: No, no, again, the first the top of the list is not egregious. It was just further down you go. Yeah, you know, like, oh, these are people who follow Hollywood but aren't in Hollywood. And that's always been the problem with Vulture a little bit is it's very New York. Yeah, very New York and they're just not here.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Just yes, that's weird on so many levels. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, anyway, just I thought would be fun for us to discuss. And I think it was motor City this week. I have not seen it.
Speaker 1: No, no, go to this comment. It just came up. Which one? This one?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Nathan Nathaniel Molnar's a saw motor City absolutely awful, felt longer.
Speaker 1: Than The Odyssey?
Speaker 2: Was it always supposed to be dialogue free or re edited in post good question?
Speaker 3: Jeff uh First of all, MotorCity completely kicked ass.
Speaker 1: I have no idea what movies.
Speaker 3: Go see her private hell and then tell me what movie is absolutely awful. You don't know what absolutely awful is. With all due respect, motor City is a movie I've followed for ten twelve years, been tracking it that long. It was all that was the entire kid Kaboodle. Is that its dialogue free? Yes, maybe forty words in the movie. They're inconsequential dialogue. It doesn't matter if any of these words are really there except for maybe like a last line that was yeah. That was always the experiment. And it's so well done, like there's a reason, trust me, let me, let me like this is a little behind the scenes at Paramount they love this director, Potzy Potzy, the guy who did Old Henry.
Speaker 1: Did you see that?
Speaker 3: There's what I'm talking about. This guy Potzy. The second movie with Greedy People with Amesh Patel and Joseph Gordon Levitt wasn't there, but he's two for three in my book. He's a talent. This is such a cool action movie. To tell a story like this without words, and you don't eat words. Uh. The actors are perfectly cast. Ben Foster's amazing in this movie.
Speaker 1: Amazing. He should He's.
Speaker 3: Begging to be cast as a villain in a giant franchise, Marvel, DC whatever. Shay Len is really good in this uh. And again it plays to Richard Strets He doesn't have to talk.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: I like him, Don't get me wrong, I like you too. Like he's kind of cast for his body and that's all that this movie really requires of him. It takes something to like sustain a one hundred and five in a movie with just an awesome soundtrack and cool action and no dialogue. You guys have to see this movie.
Speaker 1: Don't listen there you go?
Speaker 2: All right, bas Is, John sounds like you're ranking as who's better, who's the better director, or not which director is more juice?
Speaker 1: Bitch, I know what the.
Speaker 2: Fuck I'm ranking and what the fuck I'm talking about. Don't be telling me what the fuck I'm doing on my own goddamn show. Yeah, you're suck my nuts here. You're right because I'm do you tell me Jordan Peele has the juice at ninth to be in the top ten. Fuck out of here, all right, Let's get to the questions toaster retribution. Any idea of what's going on with Criminal The Prime Video show with Adria Ahona among others, shot in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: Apparently it's still no.
Speaker 3: It'll be uh October November. I probably probably November. I would say, okay, but I think it's my number one most anticipated show the rest of the year, besides the Lizzie Bordon Show.
Speaker 1: It's the Ed Brubaker one.
Speaker 3: Huh Yeah, I've read all the comics. I finished reading the last one last week. I believe, and I'm pumped for this.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be awesome. There's been no update on this. That's your four October.
Speaker 2: We'll see uhj's g Z one jays any new info on Brady Corbett's new movie with Selena Okay, very quiet?
Speaker 1: Interesting?
Speaker 2: Cody hops up, Cody, what are the chances? Marvel announces Secret Wars is getting delayed tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Oh, Jeff, that's a possibility you You were kind of hinting at that on Monday. Pretty good, I think, yeah. I just this movie hasn't started shooting.
Speaker 3: Supposed to be in December.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, thanks not seeing that.
Speaker 2: H arnov Chaka says, hey, guys, do you know anyone and talks to play Nova.
Speaker 1: Well we might find out tomorrow who's playing Nova? Yeah? Who Nova's who?
Speaker 2: Nova's the Nova w Gratz is My take is the three and a half minute limit with Imax cameras brought more out of the actors many takes probably wasn't happening and they really dived into each scene. Maybe that's always the actor, right, I mean Clint, Clint gives you one or two takes and you're you're out Imax camera, regular camera. You get one or two takes and he's moving on.
Speaker 3: So I'd like to think, you know, the pressure of being on a Christopher Nolan set in a movie that a lot of people around the world are going to see, and when you have like fifty famous co stars on set watching you, that would probably, you know, get you to bring your a game rather than like.
Speaker 1: Oh shit, three and a half minutes, I better stepping up your Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: La fact force is on my way around three of the Odyssey seeing it four.
Speaker 1: How I don't drown during the storm scenes.
Speaker 2: I've heard the forty X is rough for this movie, Like you really get put through the ringer in forty X in this movie. So I'm kind of tempted, Jeff. I don't know if my old body can take it, but I kind of tempt.
Speaker 3: You'll get turned into a pig halfway through the movie.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, Petri Pascual, thank you for watching.
Speaker 2: I heard Jeremy Strong is playing Storm. Oh no, wouldn't that be interesting, the white South African Storm thirty four over Ago, not Magneto because they are staying away from him being the villain in the kickoff.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, I think that's pretty much what Who knows, we'll find out tomorrow. Maybe what they're doing Alice Smith he says.
Speaker 2: Finally saw his closure day. Most boring episode of the X Files ever? Wow, the Aliens still don't wear pants or shirts or shoes. Does it not get cold on their planet? They don't need a jacket? Alien junk dangling in the white in the wind.
Speaker 1: There you go. Wow.
Speaker 3: I don't know that i'd call the most the episode of the X Files ever, But.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't have fond memories of the movie. I liked the movie, so it's Smithy. I have to disagree with you, Smithy, But to each their own. And guess what. Lawn Harris is on my side. He tweeted out how much he enjoyed it, So there you go.
Speaker 2: Yes, boys, says, somebody get these Somebody get these Beckers out of here.
Speaker 1: Somebody said somebody tuned out that. He says that like he's saying the N word.
Speaker 2: And now I can't unhear that when I when I see that plane, and I wonder if that was an element to make him even more of a fucking villain.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: Oh, he was tiring about the Tom Cruise movie.
Speaker 1: Digger. Somebody get these diggers out of here.
Speaker 2: The badass times Middle America with kids are gonna eat up with the Johnny Depp comeback. Thoughts on Austin Abrams is the next big star alongside Timmy Pattinson and Butler.
Speaker 1: Whoa slow down, slow down.
Speaker 2: I don't think resident gets you into the conversation with challow May, Pattinson or Butler.
Speaker 3: So we'll summarize, dude, whalefall might be the thing.
Speaker 1: That could do it, fine, that could do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I definitely am buying us abram Stock.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think there's more people than you think besides Middle America who might go see this movie, this Ebenezer movie Depth.
Speaker 1: So we'll see Peona George.
Speaker 2: Apparently Laura Lenny's playing a Guardian of the Lanterns that I saw apparently was announced a comic con. Yes, yes, that's what she's playing. And she's apparently guiding John Stewart.
Speaker 3: Much more than not Carol Ferris.
Speaker 2: No, it doesn't seem like she's playing Carol Ferris, so that could be interesting. I don't know if Carol becomes a guardian in the in the comics, so I don't know.
Speaker 1: I can't verify that one or the other. Jalen two nineteen says ri Ip.
Speaker 2: Chuck Russell, Yes, the director of The Mask and the sort of other movies, sadly passing away Jeff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you know Chuck Russell. I don't know if I ever met Chuck personally.
Speaker 1: But.
Speaker 3: I got him his assistant. Ooh, so I you sed sort for Luke Greenfield. Lukexecutive was the sky Juan Castor would work for Chuck. So I had a buddy, Matt, and Matt, you know, needed a job. I call one, one calls Chuck. Chuck was need an assistant. So Matt worked for Chuck. He worked for on that John Travolta movie I Am Wrath. Do you remember that one? No?
Speaker 1: I don't remember that movie. Wow, Okay, the forgettable Travolta movies that that he did. But that was a Chuck Chuck Russell's.
Speaker 3: Specialty, and this guy stayed in touch with Chuck.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: So when I saw the news come through today. I had to call Matt and break it to him. Oh, We're gonna lift a glass in Chuck's honor tonight.
Speaker 1: Very sad.
Speaker 3: Seventy four years old, I was, you know, died unexpectedly today in San Diego actually down near you.
Speaker 1: Oh wow.
Speaker 3: And yeah, four movies, I would say, stand out right, the blob Eraser, Dream Warriors, and then the big one.
Speaker 1: Is The Mass the Mask. Yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: But he also wrote the script for Dreamscape, which is one of my closet favorite films from the eighties with Dennis Quaid, kind of like that Brainstorm film with Natalie Wood and Walking and where.
Speaker 1: She died on the set of that thing there were.
Speaker 2: Those two films were kind of similar in their approach of controlling minds.
Speaker 1: That was a big deal back then.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, oh yeah, interesting, all right, Well, sad passing of course, and we send our love and condolecence to his family.
Speaker 1: And that's horrible.
Speaker 3: Sorry, that set decorator.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, jesus what three years old.
Speaker 3: He was looking at a twenty four his deep cuts, yeah uh and yeah, I got stabbed by her boyfriend or husband, who then hung himself in the park.
Speaker 1: Like murder suicide, murder suicide dark.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there were three people involved in it, right, Mary Kate, Mary Kate Golden fatally stabbed. She was set their cart, as she said, for marvelous missus, mais ol and goosebumps. Her husband was later found dead in a nearby park, and they say that the man found was found unresponsive in a story park apparently died by hanging. Yeah, apparently so killed her and then killed himself. Jesus Christ, horrible badass Times and Days of Thunder two. So here's what I'll say to you, ladies. If there's a red flag, get the fuck out of there. Don't play around, don't get out of there, don't give him another chance.
Speaker 1: Don't think you'll get past it. Get out of there.
Speaker 2: No, do not call it Jeff the badass time You're already taken. Days of Thunder two will do Gangbusters. I'd say, thirty people plus at my job quote on a daily weekly basis, reference this movie all the time.
Speaker 1: LP. Well, if you're if thirty people at your job quoted, it must be and it's going to make millions.
Speaker 3: This is hilariously what office places quoting Days of Thunder thirty times a week, and.
Speaker 2: If you work for an autobody shop, that doesn't fucking count because.
Speaker 1: Of course you're quoting days of Thunder all the time. You know this doesn't happen. I'm calling bullshit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know that there's that many quotable quotes. Jordan Garvin says, have you all seen have you all been watching?
Speaker 1: Kate Fear?
Speaker 2: Thought it was a limited series, but the next episode says season finale?
Speaker 1: Any word on that?
Speaker 2: Also, Jeff, how much would it cost for feedback on a feature screre?
Speaker 3: One hundred and fifty dollars email me here you go.
Speaker 1: I'm by the way.
Speaker 3: I still apologize everybody waiting on coverage, Kate Fear. I think it's a limited series. I didn't catch that that thing that you said about season finale or series finale. I haven't heard anything about a second season. Maybe they're waiting to see how this one performs. Yeah, leave the door open. I feel like because I did not care for the ending at all.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I talked to some people last night who felt like Amy Adams is horribly miscast in the show, and so that was a surprising reaction from some of my.
Speaker 1: Right, it's it's it's a ridiculous show, but it is very entertaining. Greedy from os what's up, Greedy?
Speaker 2: Who would you say the top five screenwriters in Hollywood are now Totlan, Tarantine, Nolan, Tarantino, Sorkin not included.
Speaker 1: I couldn't possibly, Jeff, You can to.
Speaker 3: Real writers like guys like Steve Zallien and Scott Frank and Eric Ross.
Speaker 1: What about David Kepp does he count? Or yes? Yes, cap Yeah, it's guys like that.
Speaker 3: It's not writer directors, right, you're asking about writer directors basically untimely.
Speaker 1: Right, right, directs is Jordan Bill It is Jordan Peele. Get into your top five.
Speaker 2: I wonder Christopher Nolan Nolan would be in your topik should be in the top five.
Speaker 1: He's writing co writing his stuff, so.
Speaker 2: Uh, Greedy digger reminded me of poor things like a wacky planet or wacky Earth.
Speaker 1: Maybe yeah, maybe.
Speaker 2: The badass time says Days of Thunder two, bring back John c Riley and the older Robert duval roll. I can see a comeback in a lifetime supporting character Oscar for Riley with this guy smoking crack.
Speaker 3: I see John c Riley getting an Oscar for like the body of work over his career. But I gotta tell you it's not gonna be in Days of Thunder two.
Speaker 1: That's not the vehicle. I think Randy Quin still alive.
Speaker 2: You gotta figure out a cameo for him to come back as a crazed former owner of the team.
Speaker 3: For us, you'll just get a Chicago spin off called Mister Cellophane.
Speaker 1: It's his backstory.
Speaker 2: CC blackc Per New Rock stars Denzel and Sadie were spotted around San Diego Comic Con. Also, he was told it's close to seventy actors expected for San Diego.
Speaker 1: Comicon, more than normal.
Speaker 2: Oh so maybe it'll be a big roll out of everybody in Doomsday.
Speaker 3: Tomorrow and dun Dun, Dun, Dun dun. If Denzel was legitimately spotted down there, yeah, yeah, yeah, that would seem to indicate some Black Panthers things are possibly.
Speaker 1: Because he's not just going down to visit the New Doctor Who exhibition.
Speaker 2: That's true because he doesn't even live in La Frand Tess says, hey, guy, I sent a stream Lab rank and however you want.
Speaker 1: Also, any Star Wars News.
Speaker 3: Had to ask, there's no Star Wars and it has been very quiet a little too.
Speaker 1: R two D two.
Speaker 2: Tom Hiffman says in twenty twenty six, I saw the Honesty and Imax seventy millimeters.
Speaker 1: It was amazing.
Speaker 2: How would you rank these formats from best to worse in the year? Imax seventy millimeters, Standard seventy million, thirty five millimeters Digital Imax Delby Cinema and Premier League form Premier Large Format. Where's the Infinity Vision? Shouldn't I shouldn't that pick the last? For God's sake, I gotta be honest with you. I think you just ranked him for me. That seems to be the format. That's absolutely the ranking.
Speaker 1: I would probably go with.
Speaker 3: Sure, I'm not a format nerd, so I probably wouldn't participate in this game.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: I stories are all the matters. Okay, the movie is what matters, not the format. So again, there's like you said, there's people who are waiting to see The Odyssey and yeah, yeah, or whatever it is. I mean, you're doing yourself into service, like go see the movie. Just go see the movie and then worry about seeing the perfect format later.
Speaker 1: Tom, I actually I go I'm Ax seventy.
Speaker 2: Then I'd move digital Imax a second, then Standard seventy, then thirty five millimeters, then Dolby and then Premia Large Woman.
Speaker 1: So that's probably what the ranking I would give, So.
Speaker 2: Kevin Cortez, Jereed Mcguirever's Ari Gold Boom, Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Harry Gold wasn't a sports agent though he wasn't get out of here.
Speaker 2: Badass Times, stay dinner Roca, days of Thunderble cross box office, Middle of America will lose their minds. NASCAR racing has never been more popular. Badass Times, You're a nobody to me. Why would I bet a steak dinner with you? I only speak dinner Christopher Harlow for my friends. I don't even know the fuck you are, So why would I bet a steak dinner with you?
Speaker 1: Bro?
Speaker 3: Oh easy there, I'll take dinner with you.
Speaker 2: Ahead you earn your ranking. Jeff Jeff focks. Anybody I like to live circle keep tight? Yet?
Speaker 3: Wait, what do we crush? Box office? Middle America will lose their minds? How do we test this? Yes, number, Badass Times, Give me a number and I'll tell you if I think days it's under two hits that number.
Speaker 1: Because you know who NASCAR people think is such a down home NASCAR driver. Cruise fuck out of here, man, bring back carry Ella's and come back for random quick. You're making this film worse. You're making this film worse. This is old folks home shit. I can tell Badass Times exciting.
Speaker 2: It's not what they did with Top Gun Maverick. There was one scene of a person who came back.
Speaker 1: Val Kilmer. That's it.
Speaker 2: Everybody else was new. You know cartoon Fortya thoughts on Atari Universal movie deal. I didn't hear about that. Do you hear about that?
Speaker 3: Scrape game scrape scrape, scratch, graight scrape that barrel, screate that barrel.
Speaker 1: Badass Times is gonna have a huge miss Ridley Scott. I don't know what that means.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sure, Ridley Scott gonna have a huge miss. I think he's had a few already. I think I'll have another.
Speaker 2: Nathaniel Moners, so we saw that one already. H Allen richon Career Suicide Podcast. I loved Motor City. I had to misspell because of YouTube. Oh this guy's just a he's a he's just a shit star.
Speaker 1: I guess what do you do?
Speaker 3: What's with this comment? Go back to the comment respect the career. No, I don't think it was career suicide to go on Josh Orwitz's podcast and talk about Trump. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Oh, is that what he's referencing.
Speaker 3: Appreciated? Probably? You know, it may cost.
Speaker 1: Him some fans, but who gives a ship? Yeah exactly. That's he told the fucking truth.
Speaker 2: And I, as I tweeted it out, I think more of these people with platforms should be saying this ship, especially more straight white men should be calling this shit out.
Speaker 1: So I love it. I'm a big fan of what Richmond does. Jordan Garvin says Jeremy Strong's next role as a Jeff Snyder Bible. I could see that. I could see it too. That's actually kind of amazing. Let's do it.
Speaker 2: Snyder A life with Jeremy Strow fantastic quote stripes.
Speaker 1: Often at my job's.
Speaker 3: Wait, let's let's take a time out of these questions. Okay, I gotta ask you about this ready, I got pissed.
Speaker 1: Oh, go ahead, ask me about Lebron James all right, crazy.
Speaker 2: I think it is one of the smartest movies you could have ever done. He's going He's going to a team that is ready made to win.
Speaker 1: A title. Sure.
Speaker 2: Jyleb Brown is a former MVP from two years ago. Tyres Maxley is a hungry, hungry lion. Vj Edgecomb coming into his second year, has been amazing as a rookie.
Speaker 1: Embiid just stand there and.
Speaker 2: Throws the ball, old man, and Lebron is gonna still a top twenty twenty five player in the NBA. So to me, this made all the sense of the world. I've been tweeted this out weeks ago, saying this should be the choice, and everyone's like, no, no, no, He's not gonna move away from his family.
Speaker 1: This is fucking smart, Jeff fucking smart.
Speaker 3: If that's the only priority is to win, then yeah, I think it probably does give you the best chance to win. I just thought it was, like, dude, did any of these guys actually want to like fight for it anymore? They just want to walk into like the easiest ready man situation. I think it's kind of ridiculous all these stars playing together, or the fact that you know, he can join a team like this because he agrees to play for the veteran minimum or whatever. Four million dollars a season. Yeah, Philly's looking damn good. What an off season for them. What yes, see, of course he's earned. That's the thing when when money does, like all these other guys can be upset, but at the end of the day, are they going to put their money where their mouth is? No, Lebron can afford to, so he can afford to make this move, and that is one of the luxuries.
Speaker 1: That he has.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think a lot of guys around the league will say, I really want to win a ring, but they're not willing to sacrifice any of their money to do it the way that Like Jalen Brunson just did it in New York. So you know, credit to Lebron for taking the hit, but yeah, he's already a billionaire, so what does he give a shit. That's what I like about it.
Speaker 2: It's like he's like, well, I chose a place where I felt I could win the win the ring, and so he's going to go win the ring, and I think that's his prerogative.
Speaker 1: He's only getting paid.
Speaker 2: Four million this year, which is insane to two year, eight million dollar contract. He wasn't gonna win it with the geriatric crew at Golden State, and he wasn't gonna win it with.
Speaker 1: A choke artist James Harden and Cleveland.
Speaker 2: He saw a team with an NBA Finals MVP who already knows what it's like to be at the mountaintop.
Speaker 1: It's his best decision.
Speaker 2: Going to a broken down Nuggets team wasn't gonna help him either, or a Heat team with a guy who might go out for the season in five games and Giannis. So this to me made the most sense at the end of the day, and I love it.
Speaker 5: So I was just, you know, I was just like, Wow, that is a hell of a starting five. I don't think I've seen it starting five like that. But everybody's got to stay healthy. A lot of people are all in health problems.
Speaker 3: And maybe Jim Brown is like, yeah, I just came to Philly so I could be the man, and uh, you know, now he's.
Speaker 1: Now here comes Lebron, right right, we'll see.
Speaker 2: He could be back in the same situation he was with Jason Tatum. You're absolutely right, Jeff, it could be badest times. And this one's for Randy Shitter's full Yeah, different movie, but sure, badass sense.
Speaker 1: We watched the fucking movie. I own the fucking movie on four K. Do you badass talk? I'm pulling out right now, Al.
Speaker 2: Smith, you make two guys. Make Frankie Muners the villain in Days of Thunder. He and Tom Cruise are the same height.
Speaker 1: Yikes, he doesn't he actually raise cars?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's why you said.
Speaker 1: It's WHATNA say.
Speaker 2: I actually just saw an interview with Muners today talking about how his business manager like took all this money from me when he was a kid.
Speaker 1: It's pretty fucking sad story, dude. Yeah, he's vultures.
Speaker 2: Look, I'm not saying these people should get the death penalty, but something should happen to vultures who do shit like this beyond not the death penalty, but maybe like life in prison and you can't even get out, and you got to discourage this kind of.
Speaker 1: Shit people were screwing people over. Yeah, the badass times. What if you meet a girl and she says, let's watch heat, watch heat both.
Speaker 2: Thirty four over agol Lebron will not win a titl in Philly? Sure, Uh, sliver, ww isn'tletting that happen? Remember, if you can't handle the straight, you can always add a chaser. I don't know what that means.
Speaker 3: If you can't handle it straight, you can always add a cheat.
Speaker 1: I don't know what I'm doing. What is that from? Okay, I don't know that's from?
Speaker 2: All right, that's at these uh stme labs.
Speaker 1: Let's see here. Where are we at?
Speaker 2: Samos is Hey currently can't watch loft tonight, currently hanging out with friends? Nice rank these five Albret Hitchcock films. Rear Window, Psycho, Vertigo, north By Northwest and the Birds. Jeff, if you don't seen any any of these.
Speaker 1: Films, seen them all rear Window?
Speaker 3: Okay, No, I'm just giving the five moves again window Can.
Speaker 1: Rear Window, Psycho, Vertigo, north By Northwest, and the Birds.
Speaker 3: I gotta go Psycho Okay, I gotta go rear Window next. Okay, north By Northwest, the Birds, the Birds?
Speaker 2: Vertigo Okay, So I go Vertigo number one because I think it's the greatest film made since Citizen Came.
Speaker 1: Uh, I mean other than CITs again?
Speaker 2: Uh Vertigo one, north By Northwest, Psycho.
Speaker 1: Rear Window and the Birds. I just don't have a rear window. I tried. I watched it twice. Doesn't that much for me. The birds even less. I like the birds. It's the first one I saw. I think that's one that should be remade the Birds. You could do a lot with that nowadays, with the technical for a while, Michael Ladham noons is going to do it.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, Bratsas says, Hey, how Mike Elmo wanting a historically accurate version of the honesty is dumb but par for the course. Rank these twin battles Et versus Macame, Armageddon versus deep impact volcano versu Dante's Peak, A bugs Life versus Ants, Olympus is falling versus white House.
Speaker 3: I can do this one Armageddon number one, two is bugs Life versus Ants. Three is Olympus has fallen white House down for what was the first one?
Speaker 1: There's Et versus mac and me, No, that's last. That's not a volcano versus Dante's Peak.
Speaker 3: Volcano versus Dante's Peak. Oh that might be three, that might be three.
Speaker 1: Wow, okay, ET's five. That's not a real thing. I agree, I would I would keep the original order Olympus has fallen over volcano.
Speaker 2: But the first two are correct. Jacob Mackenzie, Hi, Jeff and John. Outside of the Lanterns trilogyc made no noise of comic con And do you think since Michael Wald is doing over he will get Glenn to play the lead in that film.
Speaker 3: No, yeah, I don't think Glenn is necessarily doing TV right away again after.
Speaker 1: Chad Powers good point, good point.
Speaker 3: And if he did, I think he'd go do something like a presumed innocent type of show on it. Yeah, I could see him doing something like that, something grishamy. I don't think it would be for that kind of a show.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Man Andrew Sanchez, John and Jeff was wondering who does a box office flop negatively affect the most. Let's say it's a good movie, the lead actor, the director, or the studio for green lighting it in the first place, or sometimes I hear people blaming the marketing much love.
Speaker 1: The answer.
Speaker 3: The answer is you just got it at the end. There, it's the marketing exactly, because it's like they're like, we should be able to give you a shit sandwich and expect you to sell it.
Speaker 2: Right, and especially if it's a good movie, you should be able to sell it all the more so.
Speaker 3: I mean sometimes it's tougher to sell right a movie.
Speaker 1: Like Transformers or whatever, but.
Speaker 3: Generally if a movie flops, that's the first place they're looking is who didn't sell this movie.
Speaker 1: It's the market.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because if just the presentation of your question, Andrew, everyone did their job. If it's a good movie, the actor was good in it, the director was good in it, and the studio was right to greenlight it. So yeah, it does go to the marketing because it's like, why couldn't you sell this film to the masses?
Speaker 1: What the fuck happened to you? So yeah, I think that's fair.
Speaker 2: Jef saying, uh, one last one, a couple more or a few more here masters we call love the invite. Not a fan of Seth, but he was great. Oscar nomination locks for it, Jeff. Any crazy horror movies coming out that are under the radar.
Speaker 3: Buddy, I'm looking forward to. Oh yeah, under the radar horror movies.
Speaker 1: That's the thing. All these horror movies are now on the radar. I don't really know.
Speaker 3: I didn't care for In a Violent Nature, but I would. Actually I'm looking forward to the sequel. Okay, remember that one?
Speaker 1: No, I do not.
Speaker 3: It's like it's just a guy walking around the woods and it had that crazy kill.
Speaker 1: Oh where you see it from the serial killer's point of view? Is that right?
Speaker 3: I really like that. But I could see how a sequel might address some of the issues that I had, because now they also have a little bit.
Speaker 1: More of a budget.
Speaker 3: Now it did well the first movie, so maybe it won't be so low budget.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you.
Speaker 3: Also got to try to top yourself like that kill is a very memorable kill that stands out from the past decade in horror.
Speaker 1: Ice cream man? Is that going to do any good?
Speaker 3: I don't know how well it'll do, but I I am looking forward to it. I mean, I have a rational hope for you, Eli Roth. He lets me down time and again. But uh, I think this could be fun.
Speaker 1: What about this new Insidious film? Do you think that's going to do it? Not?
Speaker 3: An Insidious guy never cared for further? Yeah, now that they're out of the further, good for them? Or they're bringing the further into the real I don't stupid, not my franchise.
Speaker 1: But I do think that the trailer he's good.
Speaker 2: Do you think Hope has any chance to like really any hope actually to like make noise like The Furious did.
Speaker 1: Do you think it has a real shot? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I think you could. I think that that trailer is amazing. I like watch the trailer last night in front of her private hell, I was like, Fuck, this movie looks amazing, even though it's supposed to sort of go off the rails in the second half and become batchit crazy. Yeah, it could do. Ell. September, I think it's a good date for it, you know, I traditionally not the best month for movies, but it gets away from a whole bunch of competition.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll have a chance. Okay, uh Cecy black Roco. Wats your prediction from you at SDCC.
Speaker 2: Well, listen, if new rock stars are saying seventy people might be showing up, then that's my prediction.
Speaker 1: You're gonna get.
Speaker 2: Seventy people showing up to tell you to tell you about doomsday. And doesn't that say something that they have to bring out all seventy people that like.
Speaker 1: We really need you to watch this thing. Here's all seventy people we want to get you to come see this thing.
Speaker 3: So I wonder if two people in particular will stand next to each other. Yeah, we'll see where they're placed in the photos.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's a great point. The Badass Times. Ben Foster's cast in X Files. So is he in the movie I have no idea what see in the show. I have no idea.
Speaker 2: I don't know if he was in the show. All right, that's all the questions. Anything else you want to talk about you? If anything, who'll bring up?
Speaker 1: So we wrap up? My friend?
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, I can't share that like the two big rumors that I have.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, I don't. I don't really have much fodder.
Speaker 2: For you, Okay, all right, I just want to get the give you the chance to say anything about it if you won't. Uh. Yeah, I don't see anything else. Tom, Yeah, I don't see aything else where. The Yankovic did not perform at the Saudi Arabia. Yeah, it doesn't seem like there's much else to talk about, so let's wrap.
Speaker 1: It up there. All right. Well, thank you everybody for joining us here.
Speaker 2: One last one from Badass Times you tell the Meser Smith, I'm looking for him, Ben Foster, Kickass and Alpha Dog.
Speaker 1: Wow, you're one of the other people that I know who's ever seen that movie.
Speaker 2: All Right, we thank you all so much for hanging out with us here on the hot mic and for dealing with the change in time. We appreciate you all madly. Jeff, where can they find you and read your newsletter.
Speaker 3: The Insnider dot com, uh and the Insider dot com. See how I do that twice?
Speaker 1: Yeah, devil plug in there. I'm just looking at notes before we wrap up. Go ahead, yeah, and don't forget to uh.
Speaker 2: You know, if you want to get some merch now that you've seen some of the merch on display, the address is in the description of the video, so make sure you click on that and try to get some stuff, as well as where you can follow me at the Roca says, please subscribe.
Speaker 1: To the channel. Hit that bell button. Thousands of you watched this week. Would love to get to fifty thousand.
Speaker 2: Subscribers as soon as possible. Please help us do that or help me do that here on the channel. All right, Jeff, anything else shall we roll?
Speaker 1: That's all I got.
Speaker 2: All right, take care of yourselves, be well, have a good weekend, and we'll talk to you next time with another brand new episode of the Hot Mic.
Speaker 1: Peace