Speaker 1: The JV Show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 2: Hi guys, good morning friends, Happy Tuesday. I'm Selina and I'm just where the JV Show. Let's get to the first talk back of the day.
Speaker 3: What's up JV Show.
Speaker 4: We're here at the San Francisco International Airport going to can Kuhn for.
Speaker 3: The Padilla wedding. Can I give a shout out to John and Liz for getting married. We're about to party out here in can Kuhn. Thanks guys. This is Adrian the Future Maria Petaluma. Thanks all right, John, Liz. But Padilla Baddy going down to Camp Kloon. That sounds great. They're leaving on a Tuesday.
Speaker 2: I am so, and you know they're going to be there the rest of the week.
Speaker 3: Oh for sure, they're going to the wedding. What day do you think the wedding actually is? If you're flying down on a Tuesday.
Speaker 5: Obviously on Friday, probably like a Thursday.
Speaker 3: So how do you feel about somebody putting a mid week destination wedding on your calendar?
Speaker 2: Go for it, any excuse to get out of work?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's the vacation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you're forcing your guests to take vacation.
Speaker 5: Which is nice. Sometimes you have to be forced, Like.
Speaker 3: Don't you think that would be like, Oh, I'm saving up my vacation days. I'm gonna do something with the family. I'm gonna use them. Oh, now I gotta go to this wedding rights.
Speaker 2: Go to Kanku. First of all, that sounds like a dream.
Speaker 3: First of all, congrats to John and Liz and Thedia wedding. That's a good point. So you guys have no issue with this, You don't see anything like you don't see any problems with this because I do zero issue.
Speaker 5: No, I can see a little issue.
Speaker 2: And even if the wedding is on a Saturday, I mean a lot of people go days in advance to enjoy the resort and all that stuff before anyway, so it could very well be on a weekend.
Speaker 3: No, I get that, But I was just throwing it out there. What if what if it's a weekday wedding, weekday destination wedding.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's tough.
Speaker 3: I's asking a lot if you're asking me.
Speaker 2: I'm less mad when it's a destination wedding because at least you're getting a vacation out of it.
Speaker 6: If it's like we aren't more mad because then there's more to plan and more to like you you, it's not like you can leave the night before.
Speaker 5: You literally have to leave it.
Speaker 3: And my idea of a vacation is not going into somebody else's wedding, no offense.
Speaker 2: Wow, I think they're fun.
Speaker 3: Selena is like feveritely defending the destination weddings because you had one idea Mexico. My idea of going on a vacation is going to Mexico and not having anything I have to do. I'd get to do whatever I want.
Speaker 2: I guess I think weddings are fun.
Speaker 5: Weddings are fun.
Speaker 3: I'm not saying they're not fun.
Speaker 5: Why do you hate weddings?
Speaker 2: Gram?
Speaker 3: I don't, But it is an expense, you know, there's like added costs and stuff that go with that. I'd rather just take a trip to.
Speaker 2: Mexico, But that's the destination. You don't expect everyone to be able to go. You're invited, but if you can't come, we understand.
Speaker 5: True.
Speaker 2: So there's also that do you have anything else you like to talk about yours?
Speaker 3: I wanted to talk about Bachelor in Paradise, you guys, because it is coming back. They didn't do one last year. This is where they take all the rejects from the Bachelor and the Bacherette and then they put them all in a beach house in Mexico, Okay, and then they just see who hooks up and a bunch of dramas obviously, and I think you're supposed to at some point get engaged to the person or something. They have some loose storyline, you know, objective that they're supposed to meet, but who knows if that really ever happens. It's just a bunch of people singles getting drunk on a beach. Well, this year, they're doing something a little different for Bachelor in Paradise season ten because they're bringing a bunch of the Golden Bachelor contestants. So they're bringing a bunch of the olds down. Yes, what I had to verify that because, look, one, I thought it would be a great idea. Why aren't they doing just a Bachelor in Paradise with all the old rejects and just put all the olds down there on the beach and get them liquored up and see who who hooks up? I think that'd be great TV. But they're mixing the youngs and the olds.
Speaker 2: On this weird.
Speaker 3: It seems weird. But do you think there's going to be any crossover between a young and old.
Speaker 2: I think you think yeah, even if.
Speaker 5: It's just for the cameras, there will be.
Speaker 3: It's a pretty big age gap in between these these contestants probably about I don't know, thirty years or so.
Speaker 6: Whoa so the regular in the regular Bachelor, most of them are like Lake.
Speaker 2: You're like in our twenties, like thirties, ate twenty Max.
Speaker 5: Hey, we've seen it happen before. I'm not ruling it out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, age gaps are in right now. Remember it is Walton Goggins.
Speaker 3: They say. ABC says golden contestants who hit the beaches at Paradise. They're gonna bring their experience in a little extra spice to show the younger crowd how it's done.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, this is so weird.
Speaker 3: They're not showing the younger crowd anything. The younger crowd we've seen it all.
Speaker 5: We have the.
Speaker 6: Internet, and you know they want this to be more drama. They don't care about them finding love.
Speaker 3: No, of course, not again. They just want drunk drama and hookups on this show. But I do think it's interesting. I almost let they should do two versions. In my mind, I don't know how I feel about the crossover.
Speaker 2: I'm kind of here for the mix up, though, just to make it interestingly, shake things up a little bit and bring out the granny bathing suits.
Speaker 6: But then that makes me sad, because what if like a grand falls in love with like one of the younger guys and they're.
Speaker 7: Just why is that sad?
Speaker 2: She's living her life, she got a show in Mexico, show herself a hot young thing too.
Speaker 5: No, I like that, but what if he's not interested and then her heart's broken?
Speaker 2: I just don't see it like that could happen with any couple.
Speaker 3: They're all late twenties. The Golden Bachelor contestants, I don't know, are probably late sixties. I don't I just don't see there being any crossover. They're gonna tease and make you think that something happened, and it probably is nothing. They should do two separate versions. It's too then you're gonna be trying to follow too many different stories.
Speaker 2: Let's at least try it out, see how it goes. Maybe it's really maybe it's the best.
Speaker 3: They do have an open bar there a lot of It's possible the JV Show on Wild ninety four to nine for the JV.
Speaker 2: Show, and right now it's time four.
Speaker 1: The four things you need a heads up on to start your day.
Speaker 2: So battle between Governor Kevin Useim and Trump is set for today. There's gonna be a hearing before the ninth US Circuit Court of Appeals in San Francisco. The courts are gonna decide if the Trump administration overstepped by deploying the National Guard during those peaceful protests last week. A rolling is expected within a day, or possibly a little longer.
Speaker 3: Game five, the NBA Finals was last night in the Oklahoma City. Thunder got a one twenty to one oh nine win in front of their home crowd. They now lead the Indiana Pacers three games to two. They are in the driver's seat because they just have to win one of the next two games to become NBA Champions. Game six of this series is Thursday.
Speaker 6: Back in Indiana, oh Mys, temperatures are actually bouncing back a little bit.
Speaker 5: They're gonna be a little higher than they have been. Sunny day, you know, beautiful day and highs.
Speaker 3: You're just doing this off the top of your habits. She wasn't very last day's a goal approach to the other.
Speaker 5: Today, Well, I'm just you know, I'm trying to keep it cool.
Speaker 3: Today, got it.
Speaker 5: And highs will be in.
Speaker 6: The upper sixties to upper seventies, mide I think it probably yeah, probably a little higher than uper sixties today.
Speaker 3: It's probably pretty warm midland.
Speaker 5: To low to upper seventies.
Speaker 3: Got it. Hey Lea for Bestieay, your day today is going to be a seven. Don't rush into any decisions today. Make sure you've gathered all the info you need before making a call. There are a few people that are getting close to you that may not be as real as they see.
Speaker 2: Oh, get the fakes away from me.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Back up the JV Show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 4: Good Morning JV Show. I'm just listening to the Friday podcast because i was out of service camping with my in laws and I heard Carol's talk back. But I'm also an OG listener. I'm twenty almost twenty three years young, and I've been listening since i was a baby. Legit, my mom has had me on the JV show for decades. Anyways, is Samir from Utah your best OG Utah listener, Bye.
Speaker 5: Amir for Utah.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, so much to unpack here.
Speaker 3: Your Utah drama is just back and forth. It's like, who is the JV Show's number one Utah listener? I know, We've had a Mira say it's her. We've had Carol say it's her. The back and forth. There's been other listeners that have weighed in and say no, it's Carol. And then Amir's like, ah, hold my beer, it's actually well it's Utah. Not hold my beer. Sorry, I hold my dirty soda. Yeah, dirty soda. Yeah, it's actually me. The drama, it goes back and forth. You ladies want to make a final decision, who is the JV Show's best Utonian listener?
Speaker 2: I feel like I need more, uh more evidence? Right entered?
Speaker 3: I feel like they both laid their cases out.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know. I feel like amyas math. It really math? And how are you listening as a baby in you're twenty three, but I'm twenty six and a half and you're twenty seven. I've been doing the show since I was a baby, so right, I don't know. Something's just not adding up right there?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Interesting? Got it?
Speaker 2: Leave more talks Act, So more information I don't really gather before I can make a final ruling on that. Right, still out what is a boyfriend breakfast?
Speaker 3: So over the weekend, Gwyneth Paltrow posted a video of herself on social media whip it up what she calls a boyfriend breakfast. It looked kind of like a scramble made up of sausage, white beet, spinach, tomatoes, and eggs. I'm sure it was healthy and delicious, But the key ingredient to the boyfriend breakfast, at least in my mind, was that in the video she was preparing it all in at her stove topless.
Speaker 2: Now, look, Paltrow was topless cooking.
Speaker 3: Well, yes she was. Now the camera was from the back, so you only saw her back, but you didn't you know, you didn't see the front. But she was making the boyfriend breakfast with no shirt on. Fun to ask you, ladies, would you ever cook your man a boyfriend breakfast?
Speaker 2: And it is that about the ingredients and the food. It's about being partially naked.
Speaker 3: Well, we want the food to be good too, But I think the key ingredient is, of course the missing top.
Speaker 5: I personally don't think I would cook the meal.
Speaker 6: Topless, but I can did it, I can serve it topless.
Speaker 2: Why would you cook it topless?
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 5: It just sounds like with the heat of the stove, you're just.
Speaker 3: Getting sizzling sausage and the hot oils like splashing on your bear skin hurt a little bit, but uh sorry, like serving.
Speaker 5: It to them?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think that'd be. That'd be a little better than you're not all gross.
Speaker 2: I don't mind cooking naked, I mean, not like naked, but topless.
Speaker 3: Interesting.
Speaker 2: I've never done it, never done it. The kids are gonna come out, probably not because my kids, but what I like in a fantasy world where I have no kids, just me and my man were living our best lives, yeah, I think, or not.
Speaker 3: In a hypothetical situation where you never have to actually do it your answers yes, wow, really going out on them? Yeah, Jess, you live alone. Other than I don't think your cat would be bothered. Well, it might be. I don't know.
Speaker 5: She's seen worse.
Speaker 3: So now that Gwyneth Paltrow, Oh you make the cat is the cat in the room?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you said the cats in your room before when you and your man, Yes.
Speaker 3: You did, and the cat's just like scratching on the.
Speaker 5: Side of the bed around wherever she wants.
Speaker 3: Pacing nervously, like why is dad her mom? Poor cat? Okay, but would you make your an a boyfriend breakfast? And this is something you could actually do. I understand se Selena has a legitimate excuse. You don't want to traumatize the children.
Speaker 6: I feel like it would happen eventually because I don't plan on having kids, so we're gonna have a lot of free time and we're.
Speaker 5: Gonna have to spice things up.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, you got like a weekend, you got a weekend coming up, and this Wyneth Paltrow just gave everybody a great idea.
Speaker 2: But I feel like this is like wife activities, like wait till you have the wedding, like you're not there yet, call.
Speaker 3: The boyfriend the boyfriend breakfast.
Speaker 2: That's a good point.
Speaker 6: Well we need to rename it to the why Well what about how about a fiance?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I would do.
Speaker 2: I would do it.
Speaker 3: Seems like something you know if.
Speaker 2: You want to What about what about completely naked?
Speaker 3: Completely naked food and health code violation?
Speaker 2: Is that not like like sorry, if this is getting weird. Is that not like a fantasy for guys because YG was like hood y'all out cooking bake and remembering that song.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well is it can smell it?
Speaker 7: Tuna.
Speaker 6: I feel like it's almost more likely to be wearing like a big T shirt and no underpants.
Speaker 3: I don't think that I've worked in I've worked in restaurant kitchens before. You're violating all.
Speaker 2: Sorts of health my bacon, Harry, Yeah, fair question. Why is the guy hair on it who sprinkled these on hair?
Speaker 1: The JV show on Wild ninety four.
Speaker 4: Nine b JV show, This is Lah and today I'm going to be going to disneyl it.
Speaker 2: I have a nice day.
Speaker 8: Bye.
Speaker 3: I'm so jealous Leila from a great trash that sounds fun. Disney schools out, It's time to go to Disneyland.
Speaker 2: It's Wild for nine. We are the base number one music station. Thanks for having the JV show on. I'm Selina and I'm Jazz. So Tuesday mornings we turn it over to jets Let's Talk TV.
Speaker 6: I started watching this new show call Next Gen n y C on Peacock So it follows a group of friends.
Speaker 2: I hate that you watch Peacock shows, because who the heck has Peacock a.
Speaker 5: Lot of people, you'd be surprised.
Speaker 6: They have some good shows, yes, because it does come out on TV.
Speaker 5: Right now, there's only three episodes.
Speaker 3: Out, so I have a feeling I know what show this is, and I have a feeling I hate it. I haven't watched it, but I'm mad at it.
Speaker 6: I know you for sure recognize some of the names because it's basically like some of the kids that are that the kids of Real Housewives.
Speaker 3: It's all the Bravo kids and now they're grown up and like New York City. I hate it.
Speaker 5: So Arianna Bierman one of them. Gia Judas, I don't know how to say her last name.
Speaker 3: Judice, but it really should be jud Her Brooks Marks.
Speaker 6: So they are all, yeah, like sons daughters of the Love Housewives.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 3: Shouldn't this be called neo babies or like Reality TV Nepo baby reality neo?
Speaker 2: I don't know, I mean.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I just started watching it. A couple of things I want to talk to you guys about.
Speaker 2: Okay, First, what.
Speaker 6: Is your opinion on friends dating your siblings?
Speaker 2: Are they off limits? I've never had that situation come up in my life personally, but I would think yes, off limits.
Speaker 3: I dated my sisters. One of my sister's best friends in high school.
Speaker 2: I thought you just said I dated my fa. We're like, whoa a little different, Graham. You dated her best friend?
Speaker 3: Yeah, one of her best friends.
Speaker 2: How did your sister feel about that?
Speaker 3: Not good because it was like who she calling the house for? She calling to talk to me, or she calling to talk to my brother. You know, it was weird.
Speaker 6: Did you ever have one of your friends date your sister?
Speaker 3: No, my friends. I'm sure they probably wanted to date my sister, but I would have beat them up.
Speaker 6: No, you would you, Selena? Would you ever date one of your sisters?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 3: Oh, didn't ever date with your sisters? Answer that question first. The next question, what are your sister's friends, Like, if they have a guy friend, you wouldn't date one of them. That doesn't seem that bad.
Speaker 6: Sometimes that is even off limits because if they're good friends with them, you kind of don't want to get into, like in the middle of the friendship if it doesn't work out, because you know your sister's going to stick with you. Your sister's going to take your side. So if that relationship doesn't work out your sister's, I guess it could get messy. I can see that, but again that situation has never come up.
Speaker 2: We all have the same friends, so it's not ever considered somebody my sister's friend and not mine, and.
Speaker 3: He could I mean, the keyword is there, It could get messy. Oftentimes it does. But you also can't control like who you meet and who you want to date sometimes. And I know there are a lot of people. I know there are a lot of people listening right now that met their significant other through one of their siblings, probably now.
Speaker 5: He does on the show. This guy, he looks like a player and he talks like one.
Speaker 6: So the brother obviously does not want him to be dating his sister, his little sister, especially because of the way that he'll talk about it. He'll be like, oh, yeah, like let's all go hang out and then after well if we make it, if she doesn't make it to my place first, or you know, making comments like that. And I think that if somebody was dating my sibling and they were telling me stuff like this about them sleeping with them, uh like disrespectful.
Speaker 5: But apparently this guy like had dated Lindsay Lohan in the past.
Speaker 6: So he's he's like a player, like you do not want him to meet or even talk to yourself dating.
Speaker 2: That's what I was just gonna ask.
Speaker 3: I won't say, though I would think that would.
Speaker 2: She's in a new old Navy commercial. She looks so good. She does. She looks really really good. I'm gonna find this commercial and send it to your Graham. She looks really good.
Speaker 3: She don't look like that in person. She does.
Speaker 2: She know she got a facelift. I don't know what she did, but it's working for her.
Speaker 3: Okay, I just still I just still see.
Speaker 2: Don't think old Lizzy Lohan. This is the whole new person okay version yet h So once they meet up for the.
Speaker 6: Date, right because he does go on a date with this uh friend's sister, they start talking about X and I just feel like eggs have become something where at this point people are just naming any tiny little thing as an ix.
Speaker 3: My is people talking about their eggs, right, people.
Speaker 6: Are getting rossed out by like the smallest, weirdest, randommest of things. So here are some of the eggs that they mentioned, And I want to go through and see if you guys agree with these or not.
Speaker 2: I was speaking to a girl recently. Actually she was like, Yo, if a guy got bit by a shark, it would be an ick to me because like he should be able to fend off the shark. And I was like, that's the dumbest I've ever heard.
Speaker 3: What the what do you guys think that is the dumbest thing I've ever heard?
Speaker 2: Is not considering that an egg? If somebody got bit by a shark, I think I would understand because i'd probably get bit eight up too. That's not like an I I know we can't control.
Speaker 3: Something out there, just like, uh, don't even swim near me, shark. I'm I'm gonna I'm gonna fight you off, Like the shark doesn't care.
Speaker 6: Like imagine you just fought for your life, you survived, and then your girlfriend's like an egg, I'm out.
Speaker 3: I think that actually, like give you some street credit, Like this dude got bit by his shark and he's fine. Like, I think that would help you in the dating room.
Speaker 6: Right, here's another egg that they when a guys like struggling to open an umbrella and it's like flipping back and forth.
Speaker 3: That one makes sense.
Speaker 2: I can see that these are so random. That's what do you think?
Speaker 3: Is that really an ick? A guy that is struggling to open an umbrella? It's funny, it's.
Speaker 2: Embarrassing, but it's not. I wouldn't say an egg. Maybe if the guy couldn't open anything, like I'm handing you all these jars and you can't open a single one, maybe that like, hello, where's your muscles?
Speaker 9: Bro?
Speaker 2: But not an umbrella.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but if it's flapping in the wind, that's really hilarious.
Speaker 3: Not an ick happens to everybody.
Speaker 2: Yes, do we have another?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 4: When you're going through security at an airport and taking your shoes off and like walking through the machine barefoot?
Speaker 2: Is it the barefoot or is it the socks?
Speaker 7: Full?
Speaker 2: Barefoot's like line drawn in the.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what are you supposed to walk through? Then she said both, I can't walk through barefoot or socks. So what am I supposed to walk through with? Float on the air?
Speaker 2: Float through that that machine. Graham, I've had to do the bear I had to do the barefoot thing before. And you're just like, yeah, I didn't think this one through. See I always think that I always think ahead of times. I'm not walking through the airport barefoot?
Speaker 3: Does he like walk through and like sandals or something or shoes and you're not wearing socks? I don't know. And then you're just like this is gross.
Speaker 5: Wait, well why were sandals to the airport? That sounds so uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: I don't know. You come back from like a beach vacation or something, yeah, wearing.
Speaker 2: Or maybe you're just always wearing socks and slides like me. He hates a thing. No, it's a thing, but at least you have socks.
Speaker 5: Yes, because I plant a head see having no socks.
Speaker 6: I wouldn't say it's an egg like I'm not dropping the person because like, hey, you're walking through TSA.
Speaker 3: But I feel like this would happen to ladies a lot more off a lot of ladies shoes you don't wear shot, I.
Speaker 2: See No, I see it a lot though, with wearing sandals, yeah, and having to go through tsaberfoot right? Sorry that what show is this again? Next gen?
Speaker 10: N y C?
Speaker 3: I hated. I refuse I've seen I've seen the previous. I refuse to watch it. Just I hate that there's a reality show based on reality show kids.
Speaker 2: I'm here for it.
Speaker 5: It'll make you like, it'll make you a little mad.
Speaker 3: It makes me mad.
Speaker 5: They have everything, and you know, we're just watching.
Speaker 3: Like their parents shouldn't have been famous at all. Thank the heavens, they got cast on some stupid reality show and now they're wealthy. And now the kids are famous because their parents are, like, they're just the whole thing. Bugs.
Speaker 2: It is a bunch of spoiled bra And your.
Speaker 6: Struggle is like, oh, but I don't think I want to pay eight thousand dollars a month for this New York City apartment.
Speaker 2: Shut up, all right, Today's How is Trending?
Speaker 1: Is coming up the JV Show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 2: We are the JV show. We were just talking about X.
Speaker 11: Good morning JV show. This Christina from Sacramento. I'm calling because I think an ick for me would be a guy who eats his fingernails.
Speaker 7: It's just kind of.
Speaker 11: Like, we use our hands to touch all kinds of things, and if you're just constantly biting your fingernails, sorry, that's an ick for me. Anyways, have a great day, guys, bite candle.
Speaker 7: Still do that?
Speaker 3: After the pandemic, I feel like that curved a lot of people's.
Speaker 2: I feel like my manda is that like bite them off and like spit them out.
Speaker 3: Ye do bite their nails.
Speaker 6: That's the reason I like having acrylic nails on all the time because if I don't, I get angle and I'll like get the urge to bite them.
Speaker 5: But don't you stop.
Speaker 3: Your hands have touched and then you're like, wow, let me put.
Speaker 5: My anxiety that.
Speaker 2: We were also talking about wearing flip flops at the airport and then you're having to walk barefoot through tsa E.
Speaker 3: Good morning.
Speaker 12: This is Geo from San Francisco. This is for Jess. You know, every time I travel somewhere that's hot, I go on flip flops and I'm not gonna lie. Yeah, it's a little girls to take your shoes off, but it is very comfortable, to believe it or not. I actually enjoy going and flip flops too when I go to Hawaii or Cancun or you know somewhere we're hot Texas even.
Speaker 3: But yeah, just want to let you know, I know it's just such a bummer that. Look, it's happened to me before. And then you go through that one scanner thing and they have the outlines of the feet on the floor so you know exactly where to stand, and then put your hands up awkwardly as everyone looks at you, and then like why is your shirt sweaty in your armpits? And then you have to stand there from it as the thing swirls around you and scans you. But you're like, how many thousands of people have also stood? And some of them their foot on these exact same two foot outlines, and you're like, I for sure just caught some kind of fun.
Speaker 2: Guess that's disgusting, and your feet sweats mushing up with their feet sweat into their oo.
Speaker 3: I just got my flip flops out for the season. I just got him out of the box. I found him in the move because it's like flits flip flop season, you guys. I've had the same pair of rainbow sandals for like twelve years.
Speaker 2: There. Oh they're good.
Speaker 3: Oh there's when they're broken in. They are the most comfortable flip flops you've ever had. And when you first buy me like these are terrible, and then as soon as they break in, they just mold to your foot. I've had the same and they're on minor on borrow time. I don't know how much longer I got with these, maybe one more maybe one more season, I got them out. You guys, Oh, I can't wait for Season Hottest.
Speaker 13: It's all the stuff you need to know what's hot in music, movies, shows, and the most talked about stories happening today in the Bay.
Speaker 2: Hey, before we get to Sabrina Carpenter, did you guys see that Caitlyn Jenner was an Israel over the weekend? Everyone is like, what the heck was she doing there?
Speaker 3: It's random?
Speaker 2: So she was the guest of honor at a pride celebration in Tel Aviv. The entire thing ended up getting canceled because missile strikes. You know, I don't want to get into, you know, the seriousness of that. We don't have to get into that. But a lot of people thought it was just so weird that Caitlyn Jenner was in the middle of it. So she didn't get to do the parade because you know, all of that got scrapped. And then an influencer that I guess she was hanging out with shared a picture of her having a glass of red wine in a bomb shelter, so the strangest thing. And then she ended up being able to leave on Sunday, I believe, and flew back to LA But the whole thing just very very strange with everything happening.
Speaker 3: I guess I understand that the premise of going, but then yeah, the the EDG high likelihood that the thing is going to get canceled given the current situation.
Speaker 2: Yes, all right, let's talk more about Sabrina Carpenter. People not here for her album cover art. We talked about this last week. If you haven't seen yet, it's still on her Instagram if you want to go check it out. But it's basically Sabrina Carpenter. She's down on all fours wearing a little black dress, and there's like some mystery man standing next to her, and he's kind of like tugging on her hair a little bit. A lot of people upset, including fans of hers. One person said, does she have a personality outside of sex? Yesterday? Sabrina Carpenter responded to that and she said, girl, yes, and it is so good now. A lot of fans were like, you tell them, Sabrina good clod bag, Like I'm here for that, and then a lot of people just kept on going in on her. One person said, I don't understand why people even like her or her songs, given that your public image heavily relies on sex appeal, it's not surprising to hear you deny that. I wanted to know how you guys feel about this comment here. One person said, Sabrina claimed she's a feminist but degrades herself to satisfy hundreds of men. I don't agree with it. I don't really agree with that. Her fan base isn't men. I think it's other women, yeah.
Speaker 5: Women.
Speaker 6: I also think we forget the fact that even before she blew up, this was her type of music that she would create, like this was her style, and I think her music was never geared towards young like very very young girls.
Speaker 5: I mean that happens to be her fan base now, but this has always been her music like this.
Speaker 6: You remember, before her Juno pos this she used to do, like the phrases that she would say at.
Speaker 5: The end of one song, and most of those were very like dirty yeah.
Speaker 6: And so I also think a lot of people are criticizing this based on the album cover, but we haven't heard the songs in the album yet, and according to her latest song, man Child, she's literally talking bad about a man.
Speaker 2: But it's like right and she I don't think. I don't think it's fair to say she's doing it for men, because what what guy saw that album cover was like, oh, I can't wait for the album. No, it's all ladies that are doing that, Like it's it's because we see some of ourself in her. She's like expressing herself in a way that we can relate or whatever it is. I don't think it's it's dissatisfy men. I don't. I agree the same reason. When you know, we'll get a you know, all cute in you know, sexy or whatever, just so go hang out with our girls.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: It's not for guy, No, it is not.
Speaker 3: What about when a woman gets all dressed up to go to the gym.
Speaker 2: That's for herself.
Speaker 5: Oh, because when you look cute, you feel good?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Got it? Just checking?
Speaker 2: All right, Graham, what do you have for all?
Speaker 14: Right?
Speaker 3: After a one year band? Great news you guys. The Bay Area Zone, Joey Chestnut's making his triumphant return to the Nathan's Fourth of July Hot Dog eating contest in Coney Island. If you remember, he got banned from the event last year for partnering partnering with a vegan meat company. Remember he partnered with Possible Foods. I think because they make vegan they make plant based hot dogs, and Nathan's was like, uh uh uh, you got to eat the real meat ones if you want to be in this contest, and so, I don't know, the whole thing fell apart. It seemed like some weird drama that was completely unnecessary, Like why couldn't he have a vegan hot dog endorsement but also eat hot dogs competitively in a competition. Didn't make a lot of sense. But the bands then lifted and he is coming back this year. Now, if you remember us, that's won this thing like a million times. I think he's won it like fifteen times or something. In every years he's actually won the content, sorry sixteen times. He lost only once in twenty fifteen. And he currently has the world record for most hot dogs and buns eaten in a ten minute span. Now he set that last year because he didn't compete in the Nathans one, and I remember it didn't eat some dogs against some troops or something. But then he also did a Netflix special where he ate hot dogs against Kobayashi and he Joey Chestnut put down eighty three hot dogs and buns in ten minutes. Eighty three. That's the current world record, So he'll be going for that on the fourth of July as he makes his return to the Nathans hot dog eating Contest eighty three dogs and buns in minutes. If you guys remember we on the JV Show and our buddy Cheety included, we went over to a local hot dog spot here in San Francisco last year around the time to try our own hot dog eating contest, and I don't no, I ate six. I mean they were big. You remember, it was a good, meaner, but I ate six of them, and I felt like I was gonna die.
Speaker 2: I know, I haven't had a hot dog since then. Four to god, I can't. That was like two years ago, almost one year.
Speaker 3: And you ate two. I can't two of them. I think Cheety and Jess, you guys tied out at about four.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think it was four.
Speaker 3: I think I got six down, and I mean that was rough. This dude put down eighty three.
Speaker 2: That's disgusting. That's okay, all right, Thank you Graham.
Speaker 1: The JV Show on Wild ninety four to nine.
Speaker 2: Right now your chance to win a Chuggy Muggy by the way where the JV show. I'm Selena and I'm just all right. So all you have to do is be the first person A guess today is bleeped out words always, and you think you know what it is, your guests on the talkback mike, and then you an approved iHeartRadio app. Are you guys ready for today's clip?
Speaker 6: The way you prefer to, whether it's front or back, says a lot about how long you've been doing it.
Speaker 5: I think you guys are backs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm back.
Speaker 2: You think I'm well, I don't know what we're talking about here. Maybe front, you prefer back? I do? Okay, maybe I do.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 2: All right, you switch it up sometimes.
Speaker 3: Okay, adventurous, think about what that bleeped out word is. Then this is a tricky one, and then leave it on the talkback mike. And that's the It's very simple if you've never done it. I coach you through it every morning. But there's still some people that just don't know how to do it. They're making easy people are Sometimes I get a lot of people that give me their guesses in my DMS, I'm like, this is not exalt, not at all. How this works. Just hit the talkback mike button, record your message, give us your name and your city along with that guest so we can shout you out keep your guests PG and it's got to be the first Craick Cancer of the morning to win that JV Show chart. The JV Show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 2: We're playing on what the bleebor All you have to do is with the first person to guest Today's leaped out where it's always when you think you know what it is, you got to jump on over to the iHeartRadio app, hit that talk back mike button, leave us talk back with your guess. First person to get it right wins today's chug mug. In case you mis today's clip here, it is the way you prefer to. Whether it's front or back, says a lot about how long.
Speaker 5: You've been doing it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it does. The more experienced ones go back front. Really no, I think interesting. Maybe doesn't say a lot about how long you've been doing it. All right to your guesses, What's up?
Speaker 3: JV Show? It's Vince and Olivia from Dublin, we're going to guess today's bleeped out word is park? All right, have a great day now. That's the most popular guest this morning. That is a great guest. Are you guys? Do you guys pull into a spot? Are one of those people that will back into the spot so you can drive away easier?
Speaker 2: I'll back in, No, I can.
Speaker 5: I pull in from the front, and then I struggle after.
Speaker 3: It's always interesting to me it's like these people go through the trouble to back into a spot, as if like this is going to be a major convenience later when I can just drive away straight. But didn't you take the same amount of time to back into the spot as I will then take later to back out of the spot? Have you ever thought about that? It's the exact same it's the exact same amount of effort.
Speaker 2: But sometimes for me, it's just easier to pull in, depending on like what side of like the aisle I'm on, Like it just makes more sense to back in than having to like swerve the other way, which I can't because there's cars or there's something there.
Speaker 3: Sometimes sometimes you got an angled parking spot whatever, and it makes more sense. It's easier to swoop in and reverse. But like when you really think about it, you're not really saving any time, just letting people know because you took the extra time to back in.
Speaker 2: Sometimes, if I know it's like a busy parking lot, there's a lot, like a target, there's a lot of people walking. If I can back in, I'll do that so I don't accidentally runt someone over when leaving.
Speaker 5: Okay, I guess you know I have a life hack.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, I'm really doing you guys a favor.
Speaker 3: Sure that Good Morning jav show.
Speaker 2: This is just good from Panol. My guess for the bleeped out word is swim. Have a great day. Great guess swim?
Speaker 3: Are you guys front swimmers or back swimmers?
Speaker 5: I'm just a nose.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, just doesn't know how to swim. Can we teach you? My daughter started her the ice swim lessons. Last night was the first one. There's another one tonight. If you'd like to join the tadpoles, you should go to wimsk that's.
Speaker 6: Really embarrassing kids.
Speaker 3: I could teach you. I taught swim lessons. I was a lifeguard and I taught my daughter how to swim. She's pretty good.
Speaker 6: At Are you the type of teacher that's gonna yell at me?
Speaker 3: If I'm like no, no, I'll make it super fun. Scoop the ice cream, scoop the ice cream, blow the bubbles, blow the bubbles. Scoop the ice cream. Scoop the ice cream, blow the bubbles like. I'll help you, but I have to hold you some.
Speaker 2: Mehut have to support you up.
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: From San Jose cur for Jerry, I wanted to guess the leaped out work is stretch?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh stretch?
Speaker 3: I guess did he say he's going to jury duty? And Salinas that I heard? I could think of nothing first that you could do on a Tuesday and go to Jersey sas outright some prayers, Anthony.
Speaker 2: Continue to leave those guesses. What do you think today's bleeped out word is?
Speaker 12: Leave it?
Speaker 2: On a talkback We're gonna play more of your guesses coming up.
Speaker 1: The JV Show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 2: We're playing what the bleep? Where all you have to do is be the first person a guest Today's bleeped out word and we're going to send you a JV Show Chuck mug As, always leave your guest is on the talkback Michae on the new and improved iHeartRadio app. And in case you miss today's clip here it is.
Speaker 6: The way you prefer to whether it's front or back, says a lot about how.
Speaker 5: Long you've been doing it.
Speaker 2: It does, all right, let's go to your guesses.
Speaker 3: Cost your valley, brush your teeth, name, brush your teeth. There are a few people that guessed this this morning.
Speaker 2: I'm a little confused by that because you're supposed to brush the front and the.
Speaker 3: Back, so I only brush the front. That's all that shows, right, It's like, why, man, did you're working out my legs? I'm only why I'm I'm in there working out pants right.
Speaker 4: Hey guys, it's Kylo from Bradenton, Florida, and you guys really are throwing us for a loop with this one today.
Speaker 2: My first guess is going to be wiping. Maybe if you I.
Speaker 9: Don't know wiping, I'm gonna say that's the answer.
Speaker 7: You guys, have a good day.
Speaker 3: By JV show is still number one Bradenton, Florida.
Speaker 2: By the way, thank you so much.
Speaker 3: Care to share your wiping habits front to back back to.
Speaker 5: Front, front to back?
Speaker 3: Yeah, do you ever switch it up. I feel like there's some benefits sometimes going off.
Speaker 5: I feel like the.
Speaker 3: Ladies and the ladies for guys.
Speaker 2: I think there's some benefit to just go all around. Doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you got to try a couple of different directions. You'll find some. You'll find some picture stuff like trace your name. That's weird.
Speaker 2: That's just weird TV show.
Speaker 3: This is karments from San Jose.
Speaker 2: I think at least that word is your shoes have a great that. I don't understand that one either. That one doesn't really make sense in our our sentence today.
Speaker 6: You tie your shoes like behind your back, till your shoes like.
Speaker 3: I don't know your guys.
Speaker 2: Sure, this is you're from and the word is shave, hopefully.
Speaker 7: Shame shame you guys.
Speaker 3: Shave in the front in the back. It's harder to shave. That spends you how long you've been doing it, because you've been shaving the back. If you can shave the back.
Speaker 2: You have to get the back of the legs, you know what I mean? Yeah, it's a must. So sure sure did nobody get the word correctly this morning? It was a little tricky, Okay, So listen up, here's today's clip. Unbleaps.
Speaker 6: The way you prefer to squat, whether it's front or back, says a lot about how long you've been doing it.
Speaker 2: Squaw.
Speaker 3: Two questions, two questions, huh and then the second question, why do you say squat? Why do you say squat like that you preferred to squat? I might need to grab that. What do you mean squat, back, squat front? Tell me explain.
Speaker 6: You can do a front squad, or you can do you can have the barbell on your back, or.
Speaker 3: You can have it that and that's a back squad.
Speaker 6: And that's a back squat, or you can have it in front of you, which I've personally never tried because I just feel like it would not work out very well. I feel like I would probably drop the weight or something.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: It just doesn't feel like as.
Speaker 3: I've never tried that. Again, I've never tried that either, because why do you work out your legs walking around.
Speaker 2: By the way. I just wear jeans all day.
Speaker 3: I'm not walking around the by the pool flexing my calves like no.
Speaker 5: But you need to be proportionate. That's why your legs don't.
Speaker 2: I just don't care about that.
Speaker 3: We don't care about that. I will always look ripped and the teacher.
Speaker 2: Do I tried it front squatting, Selena, Uh no, okay, but I've never tried at the barb behind my back either.
Speaker 3: I've done plenty about and I'm joking, but I've done plenty of back squats I've never done. I don't think I've ever done front squad. Yeah, they look the personal trainers are out there judging me, like, what, You've never done a front squad? Are you even trying? I just do the I just do backsquats.
Speaker 2: Okay, So no shout outs to give today because nobody got it.
Speaker 3: No, no will be given away.
Speaker 2: We're gonna do it again tomorrow morning, seven oh five here on the JV.
Speaker 1: Show, The JV Show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 2: All right, so before we get to the up nope game in are what the bleep game that we just wrapped up where it's a really fun game where you got to guess the bleeped out word and we'll give you a chug mud. But we talked about backing into parking spots.
Speaker 3: I think I've upset the back. I think you have squat community because I was like when you think about it. I think I always picture these people pulling. I see cars back ten unnecessarily, and I'm like, I just picture them getting into the cars and then driving away smugly, Like see how easy it was to pull out of there. Look at all the time I saved, And I'm like, really didn't save any time because you had to take the time to back in. It's the same amount of time as me backing out of the spot.
Speaker 14: Good Morning gets to see it from San Francisco. I was just getting on here to say the exact same thing Selena just said about backing in at a busy parking lot, because some people are just so oblivious that they don't pay attention. There's a big suv backing up, lights and everything, and they're just linding out, don't pay attention. So this way it's me. I'm easier for me to see everybody and see all the they needs not paying attention, So that way I know I'm doing my job. Have a good day.
Speaker 2: See, there are other reasons. It's not just a time fever.
Speaker 3: I get, well, yeah, because it's not a time saver. But yeah, no, I mean that makes sense. No, everybody is walking through a parking lot on their phone. Have you seen anyone walk through a parking lot not on their phone? Nobody's paying attention, Hey.
Speaker 15: Gordon Javam Tony from Scotts too, and I back into all my spots. I'm a commercial driver, so it's easier for us to back in our big trucks that way. We can pull forward and it's just a habit now and that's what I do. I'm also on the way everything else is it's easier to pull forward than it is to back out because there's too many crazy dars out there that don't look for people backing, backing, backing out of a spot.
Speaker 3: So it's just for safety. Also, see I guess so, But don't you worry about running somebody over walking through that parking lot when you're backing into your spot?
Speaker 2: Oh? True, No, I feel like it's easier to see because you're it just is just trust me, okay, it's just justing on the.
Speaker 3: Same amount of time and well whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we could just go back and forth on this all day. We're not going to do that. Let's go to the phone, Waldny for nine. Hi, who's this Hi? This is Wely, Hi, Leslie.
Speaker 5: How's it going this morning.
Speaker 2: Good nice, all right, So we're gonna cut the chit chat. We're gonna get straight to this because we want to.
Speaker 3: Get chit chat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we want to. We want to get you these Post Malone tickets. So here's what we're gonna do. We're going to ask you for trivia questions. Got to get three correct and if you can do that, you're going to be checking out Post Malone here at Oracle Park.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, how much chit chat there?
Speaker 2: Next question number one. Question number one, it takes ten yards to get a first down in football? How many feet is that? Sorry?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Nice math equation to wake you up on this Tuesday morning. Question number two, two hundred and forty miles is the average distance between us and what well known object that is orbiting Earth? Two hundred and forty miles?
Speaker 2: Hold on, Oh my god, I know that's oh my describe, isn't it like the satellite thing?
Speaker 9: I don't know the name.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think it's close enough, close enough, I don't like what I don't know.
Speaker 9: I don't know the name of it.
Speaker 2: I don't know. It's like a satellite thinging like in faith.
Speaker 3: Fine, nobody's less everyone's on summer vacation owns the International Space Station.
Speaker 2: What you meant to say, so.
Speaker 3: That we're looking for? But I guess you know, you could say the average distance between us and some satellites is probably a similar distance. So what the hell?
Speaker 11: You know?
Speaker 3: Whatever?
Speaker 2: You got a point? All right, here's a question. Here's question number three. Duff is the preferred beer brand for what iconic cartoon character? Yeah, Duff d u f F is the preferred beer brand for what iconic cartoon character.
Speaker 3: He drinks a lot of it?
Speaker 7: Yeah, he says, Oh, come on, I don't know mm beer.
Speaker 2: Take a guess, Homer Simpson.
Speaker 3: Homer Simpson, He drinks a lot of Duff beer. All right, Question number four. You need this one to win the game. We're not helping you on this one. No more hints, no more cheating nineteen. In nineteen forty seven, debris was recovered from a crash near the city of Roswell that many believed was from an alien spacecraft. What state is Roswell in? I'm gonna quit the show.
Speaker 2: Just pick a state at this point, just fifty of them New Micco.
Speaker 3: Yeah you messed to gods?
Speaker 6: Yes, oh wish she did not yes, yes she did. Yes, I'm testing you, guys, lesliea, Yes, you just got two tickets to c Post alone July first, Oracle Park.
Speaker 3: Thank you, guys so much.
Speaker 2: You are very very welcome. All right, hang on there for that winning grandma got some shout out?
Speaker 3: Does that game pass the smell test for you? Guys? Start to finish because question number two, I mean a little questionable question number two, well yeah, I mean we gave her the answer.
Speaker 2: It passed the smell test for me.
Speaker 3: The New Mexico came out of the air. All right, I got Look, you guys, just one DM today, it says Graham Bert please wish a very happy fourth birthday to Leah. Mommy, daddy and Lily love you so much. You are such a smart girl who can be an amazing big sister and great mommy's little helper when you feel like it. Have an amazing mini mouse birthday party at school, and can't wait to celebrate you again this weekend. Sung jaw fat. Look, that's happy birthday in Cantonese. Obviously, Selenna, you didn't know that.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that.
Speaker 3: Oh you did, Leah, Pia poo pooh, hope you've been working on your cantonese, Graham, I have, clearly and that is from mom Linda, So happy happy birthday. I hope you have a great day.
Speaker 2: Who use as a good point.
Speaker 1: The JV Show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 2: Before we get to today's hot is trending, people are leaving their talk backs about why they back into parking spots because Graham here thinks that it's completely unnecessary and nobody should ever do that. It's not you're not saving any time. According to Graham, nobody should ever do it.
Speaker 3: But a lot of times I think it's stupid. A lot of times it seems unnecessary. I didn't say it's stupid, it just seems's pointless. Sorry. I think if you're doing it with the intent that you're saving time and you can pull out pastors, then it takes you the same amount of time to park in there as it did me pulling forward and then back up. Whatever.
Speaker 16: Hey, guys chiming in on the parking rear. I do it because I'm a little curvacious and I need more room to get out of my car, so I give myself more space on the driver's side versus the passenger side. Passengers could always get in as you pull out. The same goes with the car parks right in it on the right of me. On the passenger side, they could always pull out to get their padicom singers in and the driver to the left of me has more room like me.
Speaker 7: Okay, I follow that.
Speaker 2: I'm confused, so confusing.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: I think I get I mean, I think I understand what she's saying. She's saying if she backs into a spot now the other car is facing forward like you know, like you're supposed to park, and then she backs in. Now she's going to give herself more space on the driver's side to get out, which in turn gives the other driver because now you're driver door to driver door. Essentially, Oh, I get that other driver more room to pull out and win, unless, of course, the person on the other side of her they want to back into a spot. Now you guys are wedged in there. Nobody can get out, got it, don't I think?
Speaker 2: I think eight oh five we are going to be talking to Neza. I don't know if you guys have heard of her, or maybe you saw the viral video for performing the National anthem in Spanish at the Dodgers game on Saturday, despite what like officials and organizers there told her to do. And so it's just a really inspiring story that we think you're gonna love. Eight to five, we're talking to her.
Speaker 13: God, it's all the stuff you need to know, what's hot in music, pose shows, and the most talked about stories happening today in the Bay.
Speaker 2: We have a lot to catch up on with this Didy trial. So a special agent with the US Attorney's Office has been on the stand yesterday and she's back on today. She's basically just summing up all the things that have come across her desk, videos, text messages. One of the text message exchanges that she showed the court yesterday was between Diddy and Cassie, and it showed that not even holidays were exempt from freakofs because Didy invited Cassie to celebrate Christmas Jesus's birthday by throwing a freak off like that was his gift to her.
Speaker 3: What a weirdo, sky Daddy Christmas freakoff?
Speaker 2: So weird Hi, Daddy out of this is sick? What's wrong with you?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 2: And then things got a little crazy in the court room yesterday because prosecutors broke out some freakoff footage, but it was only shown to the jury, So they brought up three videos. Each was about eleven to twelve minutes long, but the jury, from what I I read, only got to see about thirty seconds of each clip. So each juror had headphones to be able to listen to the audio. So literally nobody else in the courtroom, nobody in the gallery, not even the attorneys, were able to see or hear the clips. Soursa said it was so quiet in there during this that you could hear a pin drop, but of course everyone didn't hear a pin drop. They instead heard faint moaning and other noises coming from the juror's headphones. But it was like so quiet, we were trying to like hear what they were listening to.
Speaker 3: Certainly they were able to hear it, and everyone else could just hear chess.
Speaker 2: Whatever was bleeding from their headphones. So what was Yeah, I want to hear that, like all of them did. I wonder if they were able to control the audio that I don't know, But what was the reaction from the jury. There was an older woman who looked mortified. She was like visibly disturbed and shaking her head as she was watching it. There was a male juror who stared intently with his chin on his hand, talking with his chin on his with his hand on his chin, you know what I mean, hit his elbow in the armress and his hand on his chin. And then there was a younger juror who giggled at first when the first video came up on the screen. So very different reaction everybody.
Speaker 3: I mean, imagine you get summoned for jury duty. I have before case case was, you know, not that exciting, and there are many cases that are just you know, sort of boring legal proceeds. You get on this jury and you're watching and hearing some stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think i'd be prepared for that. I don't know if I can handle that. But all these people, they they were questioning about whether they can handle this kind of stuff during the jury selection process, So I think I hope they're all equipped for the tap of stuff. Graham, what do you have all right?
Speaker 3: Lebron James seems to have just confirmed that he will in fact be blessing us with another season in the NBA. N yet to accept the player option on his contract, so he hasn't made his intentions official yet, but he just gave an update on his knee injury that he suffered during the team's elimination game to end this past season versus the Minnesota Timperwolves, and he said, quote, he's feeling good and he's focused on making sure his knee is right in time for training camp. Now, Lebron is forty years old and this upcoming season will be his twenty third season in the NBA. He knows, of course that the end is near in his career, but it doesn't look like it's going to be right now. Looks like he's going to play this upcoming season and then make a decision after that.
Speaker 2: Any word on how his son's doing in the league.
Speaker 3: Bronni, Yeah, Bronnie is still starring in the G League. I assume. I don't know that he will be on the opening day roster with the Lakers or not, but Lebron will be Okay, all.
Speaker 2: Right, thank you Graham. Okay, So next we are going to be talking suitan Nezza again. If you missed it, she went viral after her performance Saturday. She performs the national anthem at the Dodgers game. I know, take your hatred for the Dodgers out of this Dogs Giants game. Oh okay, thank you for clarifying that, Graham. But we have to talk about what she did. Very very cool story. We're gonna share with you.
Speaker 1: Next the JV Show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 2: Wildney for nine, the Bays number one hit music station, The JV Show. I'm Selena. I'm just happy Tuesday lovely. So that was Nessa who performs at the Giants Dodgers game on Saturday. Let's bring her on now.
Speaker 9: Good morning NASA, Good morning you guys.
Speaker 2: Thanks for being on it. Well, we know we're going to keep this short because you're about to be on like a TV show.
Speaker 9: I just left a couple of TV stations and I'm yeah, I'm literally in the car driving to another. But I so when when I heard no, but let me tell you, when I heard that you guys wanted to, I was like, absolutely, you guys are like one of my dream radio stations to just speak to. So this is no. This is crazy for me.
Speaker 3: That's awesome. Thank you so much for carving out some time for us. Now, look, you're from for people that don't know you are from the Bay Area. So first, I mean, before we get into before we get into the full story of everything that panned out this plot past weekend, how did you end up singing the national anthem at a Dodgers game? I get the Giants were there, but I'm why wouldn't Why aren't you singing the national anthem here at art?
Speaker 9: You know what's funny is that the whole reason I chose that day was just because they were playing the Giants, and I was like, oh, how fun They're playing my home team, Like that'll be great. So I literally chose that they on purpose. But yeah, you're right, yeah, Giant hit me up.
Speaker 2: Hey, hey, we're gonna start a petition. I'm going to start a position.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: We'll circle back and get back to you. So let's talk about about Saturday. You sing the national anthem at the game in Spanish. People are going crazy, I mean, perfect time, and considering everything that's going on, it was very very It was just so inspirational. But then afterwards you revealed or why don't why don't you tell the story? Take us through what happened before your performance? What did organizers say to you?
Speaker 9: I mean, we we always Originally we asked if I could do both, because I know there's teams that come from different countries that will do the English and then they'll do like their own country album, and so we were like, can she do the English and the Spanish album? And all they responded with was she has a ninety second time frame. So I took that as oh, let me do U Spanglish. And this was like before like the really, you know, the past two weeks have been like at an all time high as far as everything that's been happening, and just after seeing everything, I was like, actually, no, I'm going to do it full in Spanish. And so I get there, start rehearsing, and obviously you guys are well versed with kind of what went down as far as like the video, and yeah, I I feel like I blacked out a little bit after that moment. And I actually have a footage of like everything the aftermath of them being told no, and I just like I can't really get myself to watch it because I just you can just see like how heartbroken and devastated I am. But I just had to do it, man, something just something, yeah, something just came over me because I'm I'm a goody two shoes guy. Let's keep it real. I am ud a goody two shoes to ask anybody. But I don't know what something came over me, but you know what it was for my people. So I think that that that really drove me, yeah, to do.
Speaker 3: It, but I'm happy that I left it so that the rendition was was awesome. The thing that I'm impressed by because look, singing the national anthem in front of a huge audience is extremely nerve wracking, as is even you know, for someone that has an amazing voice like you do, but for anybody to get up there and do that, and then, like you said, I'm a rule follower and then they tell you not to do it. I mean your heart had to have been pounding out of your chest at that moment. I'm you were able to to be able to pull it off the way that you did, because it was incredible.
Speaker 9: I almost threw up. I'm not gonna ask you guys.
Speaker 2: Well, we couldn't watching the video. It was amazing, like I said, very inspirational on just such a bold thing. They say don't do it in Spanish and you did it anyways, because it felt right to you.
Speaker 6: We love that and you could feel the emotion through the screen watching the video, so I can't even imagine like being there.
Speaker 9: And well you know it's crazy too is So my eyes were closed obviously because I was My nerves were through the roof, so I was like, let me focus, close your eyes, don't look at anyone. And I had my fingers in yeah, yeah, exactly, and I had my inners in. And for people that have never had in ears in their ear, you can't hear anything outside. I could only hear myself. So it wasn't until I finished the song and took one ear out and I heard the uproar. That was because I didn't know how people were going to react, and so it was so overwhelming to take out that in ear and and realized that everyone was screaming. I was like, oh my god, because I expect I'm not kidding, I expected to.
Speaker 6: Get just boods.
Speaker 2: Oh wow.
Speaker 9: So yeah, I went in thinking that I was going to get food and it was just like the opposite reaction.
Speaker 3: And was there was there like a stage the stage Dodgers in stadium, like stage manager over there just giving you the death stare, like are you.
Speaker 13: Dead.
Speaker 9: Let's just say that when I when when I first started the song, I saw them out the corner of my eye, and then when I opened my eyes back up at the end, they were gone. So I was like, oh, I was like, oh, yikes, okay, yeah, let's go, let's get.
Speaker 11: Well.
Speaker 2: I mean, but you made a statement and a very powerful one. And as a thank you for being on, we know you're doing TV mornings, TV Morning, TV in all morning. Where are you on your way through? So if people do want to check you out, where you're going to be on what show?
Speaker 9: I think I'm doing. I think I'm doing NBCs right now. Oh CBS. Sorry that just corrected me. Yeah, we're doing CBS. But I did by did Telemundo this morning, which was also a dream come true. My mom is ecstatic obviously about that. But yeah, just kind of all over the place, but so happy that I can kind of share my story and give my side of what happened. And yeah, and I'm so happy about to talk to you guys anything for nine and four night.
Speaker 2: Thanks.
Speaker 3: I appreciate it, all right, we will. We are going to be starting our own movement because we would love to see you perform that same version here in San Francisco, and I guarantee the Giants organization would be fully supportive of that and they would not be telling you to do it in English.
Speaker 2: And have do we start a petition for the A's and Sacramento too or no.
Speaker 9: No, no, I actually sag actually saying for the A's last week.
Speaker 3: Okay, never mind. She loved the thank you to the A's organization. It was a great Yeah, that was one of the best. Hey, game, we have that in common.
Speaker 9: I know, I know the beef. I know the beef, but like you know, the athletics. The athletics was my team as a kid, so I had to do it.
Speaker 5: Okay, hit this, no beef.
Speaker 2: We love all bay just you know, literally all right, Naza, Well, thank you so much for being on. We'll talk to you soon.
Speaker 9: Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Guy. All right bye.
Speaker 7: That is so cool.
Speaker 3: She's about to be on TV here about to do every TV station. Is that video if you have Yeah, if you haven't seen it, I know Selena you played a clip of it there, but go watch that video and it's such a cool moment from this past weekend.
Speaker 5: I have a snippet on JV morning shows there you.
Speaker 1: Go the JV show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 2: We just talked to Nesa, who is amazing, Like she's we're now fans of her, especially after a Saturday's game with the Dodgers Giants. Then in La she performed the national anthem and Spanish, despite what Dodgers organizers told her. They said, uh uh what SUBJV show?
Speaker 10: This is Richard centerfel I actually went into a Google rabbit hole not so long ago because of this star spangled banner thing. I found out that this has been around since nineteen forty five during the Roosevelt administration. This was the thing to try to create better relationships between Latin America.
Speaker 3: And the US.
Speaker 10: And you know, honestly, you know, major props to this young lady doing that, stepping up and you know, doing this for like, thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we didn't get a chance to talk to her about that. But did you know, did you guys know the history behind that version of the anthems? It's what he said it was. It was created in yeah, nineteen forty five and very cool. Yeah, they did that, the entire thing. Very cool. So if you miss that, go back and podcast it because super cool. To have her on and she's from the Bay area.
Speaker 2: From the Bay all right, So I'm trying to distract from what's really going on. Gram you lost the box of Chuck Muggs.
Speaker 3: What happened? Oh look, the JV show Chuck mugg is a very coveted item for JV show listeners. You can win one every morning we give away one or during our what the Bleep Game seven oh five, be here tomorrow morning for your next chance to win one. And what had happened was okay. So Saturday morning, my wife is like, we need to finally tackle the garage in our house because we moved into our new house in the end of December and I didn't have closets building that house, and the moving guys like, where do you want to put this stuff? I was like, I don't know, I'll have a place for it. Just put it in the garage. So our garage has just been stacked full of stuff. You can barely walk in there. And so we're like, okay, let's start going through some stuff. And we started compiling a bunch of stuff that we were going to donate to the goodwill. I have a lot of old clothes and all sorts of stuff, and I'm like, this is great, We're freeing up some space, all right, and start loading up my Forerunner with it, just stacking stuff in there. Well, one of the boxes that was already in my car was a box of JV Show chuck mugs. We had brought it with us to our great resort and Casino pool party that we hosted a little while back, but we ended up leaving it in the ARTI bus because you know, we had a few tequila shots and like, we just forgot it there and we were going to give them to some listeners at the pool party, and we forgot it. So it's just been sitting in my car and I keep meaning to bring it back up here into the studio, but I've you know, I don't know, I just forget in the mornings. So I had a big box of JV Show chugmuggs in there. Well, my wife just sees a half field box. She doesn't see what's in it, and so she starts putting some of the other household items that we're going to donate to the Goodwill on top of them in the box. So then we drove over to the Goodwill and made just like a very large donation of different goods again, clothes and clothes and stuff. And I think I was even the one that carried the box over, you know. I was like, don't worry, I'll get this big box. And I carried that over and dropped it off and then we we drove away. It wasn't until yesterday morning when I looked around in the car and I was like, I should finally bring that box of chugmunks back up to the studio. Then I realized my car was entirely empty. Not a on a box could be a scene. Now look, I guess here this could go a couple different ways, right, because I can't get them back once it's been a while to go buy them. Yeah, do you think the good Will is putting? They're they're going through each item determining if it's something they can sell or not, or if it's something that they got to just get rid of. They open up a box of JV Show Chuck mugs. What do you think their fate is going to be? Do you think they hit the shelves of the store and at what price? Or do you think they're like, what the hell is this garbage? And they just threw them away.
Speaker 2: I feel like they definitely make it onto the shelves right and still in the packaging, they're like plastic. They're wrapped in plastic and all that brands spanking you the price tag maybe a couple.
Speaker 3: Bucks the dollar ninety nine years.
Speaker 2: Here's my thing, though, don't when you donate things, don't they then distribute it to other goodwill locations. So like these are going to end up in like Arkansas and like Oklahoman. They're gonna be like, who's the baby show?
Speaker 3: We will mo this is a nice mug. I'm gonna put my Grandpappy's ashes in it, put it up on the map. Yeah, I don't. I mean, I don't know. I mean I guess if you if somebody goes shopping in the nap a good will store and let us know and see some chugmugs on the shelf, could you buy them for us? We'll pay you back, Graham.
Speaker 5: This is not good for our brand.
Speaker 3: No, that's what That's the one thing I was most worried about. People are going people that are shopping at the good will are gonna go like nobody even wants their JV show chugmugs. Look the shelves are full of them. In here, they're stocked full of chug mugs. Nobody wants these stupid things.
Speaker 2: Right and from here on out, anyone who wins, What the bleep? If you're complaining about not getting your chugmug on time, it's because Graham gave them all the way to the good rye.
Speaker 5: It's not my fault anymore.
Speaker 3: Donated donated most of them. At least it was a donation somebody out there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but there are some of our listeners who were even willing to pay money.
Speaker 5: Probably to us.
Speaker 3: Well, now they can't pay money to go get one. Just soon buy the naple, big will. It's right there off saw School. Wait, No, is that what street is that?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Whatever?
Speaker 5: Are you gonna try going back to find them?
Speaker 3: I'm busy that day.
Speaker 2: At least go back in a few days just to see if they made it on the shelves.
Speaker 3: I am curious to see if they are if they make the store shelves.
Speaker 6: How sad, there's just gonna be like ten of them back to back.
Speaker 5: Find up.
Speaker 3: I think there were more.
Speaker 2: No one's good, my.
Speaker 3: God, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Box of Sprtful The JV Show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 8: Good morning, Graham, Selena, and Jess. This is Gable from Richmond checking in because I called in sick for work today. I'm really tired of all my coworkers. So now I'm listening life to you guys while i'm install karting making extra money. Thank you a good morning.
Speaker 3: I love that he called in sick because he's so sick of his coworkers. Yeah, that's good.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 3: They have that thought every single day, the same.
Speaker 2: Yeah, drap myself in here.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 1: The JV Show on Wild ninety four.
Speaker 2: Nine, we were just talking about Graham accidentally donating a box of JV Show Chuck munks to the Will and NAPA. I think that people in Arkansas that see the JV Chuck mugs are probably gonna be like, oh my god, awesome, because aren't you guys number one in Arkansas. That's a good point.
Speaker 3: I just checked.
Speaker 1: So yeah.
Speaker 3: Stone was saying that Goodwill items donated they can go to stores nationwide, so they might wind up on a on some shelves in Arkansas. And I did just check this morning. JV Show number one in.
Speaker 2: Our Okay, that's what I thought.
Speaker 3: Okay, So people would know. They'd be like, oh my god, free child, bud Well, not free, but you know.
Speaker 2: Cheap childun Also, this morning we were talking about backing into parking spots.
Speaker 17: Good morning JV Show. This is a gameble from San Jose. I just want to chevem in on the backing into parking spots. I just want everybody to know whoever backs up into parking spots is a psychopath. All right?
Speaker 5: How good?
Speaker 2: Does it makes sense? It kind of tracks, it does think so I feel like I'm back in a lot.
Speaker 3: The debate is, the debate has raged all morning long. That's the we'll end it there.
Speaker 2: Well, we're not done with the bates because now scientists have waiged on the toilet paper debate.
Speaker 6: You guys, a scientist has settled the over or under toilet paper debate once and for all. Before I tell you the correct way, obviously, I need to know how do you guys have your toilet paper in your home?
Speaker 2: It's over?
Speaker 3: It has to be over un correct way.
Speaker 5: I do under.
Speaker 6: That might be a Mexican thing, because I just I always saw my mom do it under, so I do it under.
Speaker 2: Mexican thing. They don't really have toilet paper in Mexico. Oh they do. They don't have the respects. That's what I was thinking. But like I've been to plenty of Mexican households, over is the correct way.
Speaker 6: Well, I do under, And according to scientists, the under position is the safer and more effective.
Speaker 3: How your wrist.
Speaker 6: Well, no safer as in like germs wise, like you're not getting you're not contaminating things as much as you.
Speaker 3: I'm worried about that getting contaminated. It's already contaminated because I'm wiping. It's already a contaminated area.
Speaker 6: Apparently with the over method it requires like a secondhand to touch the role instead of just one.
Speaker 3: Because I'm washing my hands after all of this traiser, you're not washing the.
Speaker 2: Toilet paper roll. You'll transferring whatever's on your hands to the toilet paper.
Speaker 3: But you know, abody that touches the toilet paper should be washing their hands afterwards, right.
Speaker 5: But you're not washing them before.
Speaker 6: So in between your business and the washing of the hands, stuff happens that contaminates.
Speaker 2: The toilet papers.
Speaker 7: Twelve.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: It just feels like there's germs involved. There's germs everywhere.
Speaker 3: There I'm calling bs on this.
Speaker 6: No, I'm here for this. I think we should all just switch over.
Speaker 2: No, I never, I can't. And I hate when something like my man will go and he'll replace the toilet paper roll, which doesn't happen very often, but if he does, it's always like the wrong way. Oh, it just irks me.
Speaker 3: I'm still I got to go back to the understanding of how there's more contamination the under roll. There is still a piece of the role that is still showing at the top. Whether or not you're grabbing it from here or grabbing it from there, I'm still bringing a second hand and touching some of the role there.
Speaker 6: I guess their reasoning behind it is that with the under method, it allows you to pull the toilet paper and then either like and then it off, Yeah, rip it off with one hand, or like, Hi, can it against the wall if you need to, But when it's when.
Speaker 3: It's over, you can also handed rip.
Speaker 6: But if you but when it's over and you pull it, there's more of a chance that it's going to just continue to like spin and you have to use the other hand to stop it.
Speaker 3: The spin rate is exactly the same no matter which way it's facing, that's physics.
Speaker 2: It spins more when it's over. I would probably not on board with his Graham because you love I mean not that you love science, but like you're very like scientists, factual type of guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah. But the thing about science is it is constantly evolving and willing to be disproven. That is science. It is not hard and fast rules. That's what I think a lot of people mistake about science. They think this is the thing because science said no, science is ever evolving and always open to being disproven. That is the point of science, is that you can gather enough data to find a new thing.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 3: People are always like, well, science said this during the pandemic. Well science was evolving during that, you know, like science is ever evolving. Let's just okay, But first of all, but the spin rate of toilet paper, no matter which way it's facing on a role, is exactly the same.
Speaker 6: They see, It's just you know, it's more effective, it's it's cleaner, less contaminated.
Speaker 5: If you're doing the under what from a bud.
Speaker 2: I'm not I'm not with what the scientists are. They're clearly just some people who have done the underthing their whole life and they're trying to find a reason about why that's the right way and.
Speaker 3: Want to stir up some debate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is supposed to settle the debate. It's just it's making it rage even more.
Speaker 3: It's just.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: The JV Show on Wild ninety four nine for nine in.
Speaker 2: The Bay is number one hit music station, the JV Show. I'm Selena. Oh, Jess must have run out to the bathroom. It seems like an emergency.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she had that look on her face. It was red and all sweaty. Yes, and she was kind of clutching the backside of her pants and whatever. It was not good.
Speaker 2: But we were just having a toilet paper debate. Very fitting since just is back in the bathroom. But we got some talk backs.
Speaker 3: Hey guys, the phones are pretty much what a toilet paper thing. I go by the US patent which says to go over and under. Thank you guys. Wow, the official actual rules, the official toilet paper patent says this is the way that it's just the little picture.
Speaker 2: You're back from the bathroom, just you, guys.
Speaker 6: Like there's a dog in the hallway, right, I was running back here from the other studio.
Speaker 5: By the way, not the.
Speaker 3: Bathroom, sure, right in.
Speaker 5: Front of me.
Speaker 6: Had to jump, almost broke my ankle right now, it might be sprained.
Speaker 5: Actually.
Speaker 2: Anyways, that's a whole lot of story for saying you had a bathroom EMERGI yeah.
Speaker 5: Back to the toilet paper, Albert.
Speaker 10: Harris dress for a while, I'm Mexican, and it's always over.
Speaker 2: No one's on your side, jest.
Speaker 3: Ess it had a theory that it was a Mexican household thing where you put the toilet paper hanging under on the role. But their mom, Albert says, that's not a thing.
Speaker 5: Well, my mom's been doing that for forever. So that's where I got it from.
Speaker 2: My mom's been doing over so Mexicans. Your response to that, well, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Your guys' family.
Speaker 13: Should It's all the stuff you need to know what's hot in music, movies, shows, and the most talked about stories happening today in the Bay.
Speaker 6: Trending is sponsored by Stanford Medicine Children's.
Speaker 2: Health Access to Excellence. Can we go back to talking about Kanye's name change? I told you last week there, yeah you. Last week there were some new documents that showed that Kanye's businesses were listed under a new name, yay Yay, we are, but we're like, Okay, I guess Kanye changed his name again, which is what we would expect from Kanye Ye. Well, apparently Kanye did not legally change his name again. I guess he was filling out the online form and they wouldn't let him move forward until he put something in the first name fields and the last name field. And since Ya doesn't have a last name, he's just Yay, so you put yea again and that's how he got there.
Speaker 3: And we were like, does an ice cube on that? Yeah? Did he legally change his name to just be singular like that? No first no last name? I think, I think, don't we have to have a last name?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I think legally he's Yay West, but he doesn't want to go by that. He's always just gone by ya, got it, you know, So he just thought I'll just put ya yay. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 2: Pretty crazy news this morning about r Kelly. Remember we talked about R Kelly last week. There are some claims made by his legal team that, look, we need R Kelly out of prison. He's got to be on home confinement or something, because there is another inmate that came forward that say, hey, prison officials came to me and they told me that they would, you know, work out a deal with me if I oft R. Kelly WOA pretty crazy information and he seems to have proof like this is coming from the other inmate's mouth and he was like, look, they asked me to do all these other fights, Look at all these other assaults I did, and that's because officials asked me to, you know, for certain favors and things like that. Well, now we're learning this morning that on June twelfth, as R. Kelly's in solitary confinement, a prison staff member instructed him to take additional medication caused him to overdose, and he's rushed to the hospital the next day because he woke up feeling really faint and dizzy. He tried to get up and fell to the floor. He lost consciousness. So he's rushed to the hospital and they you know, run all these tests and they found out that he was given you know, an amount of whatever medication that could have killed him.
Speaker 3: So that do you think that was the offing attempt?
Speaker 2: I don't know, or maybe there's more officials conspiring to get rid of this guy.
Speaker 3: Or it was just a simple misunderstanding and it was an accident.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: He just felt lightheaded because he's not doing well in there.
Speaker 5: It doesn't say an accident.
Speaker 2: I don't know. But the timing of it is pretty weird considering, you know, all the other court documents that were just filed last week trying to get him out of there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, they're the the jailhouse like informant thing. There's one thing I listened to a lot of true crime podcasts. There's one thing that you can't put that much stock in is the jailhouse informants because they are looking to cut a deal themselves usually, and that's how you get a lot of They'll say damn near anything to get themselves a better deal, and so you get a lot of these confessions or I heard this guy confess, or did he told me when we were sharing to sell that he did this. They're just saying that because they used that as a bargaining chip to get themselves a better deal. So I can't put a ton of stock in what it's being said by guys on the inside that's also true.
Speaker 2: So I guess we're back to square one. I don't know, but he was. He was actually rushed to the hospital and he could have died according to sources. So very scary, Graham, what do you have?
Speaker 3: Very scary? Like we're so sad for r Kelly who's in prison.
Speaker 2: I mean, no, I'm not like that awful things. No, but like i also don't like wish death on anyone.
Speaker 3: I'm just seeing where we're at right. California man arrested at the end of last week after being on the run for thirty one years. Seventy nine year old Ronald Keith Harvey. He escaped from SCI Dublin back in nineteen ninety four and he's been eluding law enforcement ever since. He was serving time for running a large scale marijuana grow business. He had some firearm charges to go along with that. The US Marshalls they have never let this case go, I guess, And they say they recently got a new tip and they arrested Harvey, who was living in Nevada City. I've always wanted to go to Nevada City. It's such it looks like such a cute little tally. Yeah, it looks like a cool spot. Anyway, that's aside the point. But he's been living on he's been living there one year. Yeah, the US Marshall said, Harvey has about four years left on his original prison sentence from back then. Do you go through the if you got four years left or you busting out of prison now making some big escape. I get it when you're serving life, like what do you have to lose? Like if you had life with that, without the chance of parole or something, Yeah, I'd be trying to escape every other day because what do.
Speaker 2: I have to lose four years? I'm waited out this guy.
Speaker 3: I feel like you could make it and FCI Dublin's not exactly some it's no you know San Quentin. Yeah, but anyway, so he has that left on his remaining sentence, so they'll have to decide he's going to have to serve that time plus any additional sentencing they want to tack on for the you know, escaping for prison and running away.
Speaker 2: From oh my god, the last stressful life like but.
Speaker 3: Not if you saw Nevada City, it looks so cute and quaint to like, I just want to go there in the little downtown and like, just go. It just looks like a great little town.
Speaker 2: Speaking of San Quentin, you told us recently that they're doing a bunch of like new things there and they're getting a podcast, studios and all this stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're making some major upgrades.
Speaker 2: I was just on Instagram a few minutes ago and I saw a video. I guess over over the weekends, they had a daddy daughter dance for some of the dads that are incarcerated there, and so for like one day only, they got to feel, you know, not like a prisoner, but like a real person, and their families got to come and they got to dress up in their suits, and they gave their daughters flowers and they just spent the night dancing and there's food and stuff. I thought that was really really, that's pretty cute.
Speaker 3: I mean, at the end of the day, prison has to be a punishment, but it also has to be about rehabilitation, because these guys aren't going to be in there forever and they need to be back and be productive and active members of the community and society.
Speaker 5: Oh, really quick, you guys.
Speaker 3: To see if you can try and make a transition.
Speaker 7: About I was just say, oh.
Speaker 6: That was that's so sweet that they're doing that.
Speaker 3: The radio seg this is a tough one.
Speaker 5: And join me at David Buster's and Daily City.
Speaker 6: You guys, I'm gonna be there for the Bets and Boom listening party that we're throwing.
Speaker 5: There's gonna be food and drinks and little gift bags and a lot like that.
Speaker 3: Daughter day.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we get to dance together to Benson Boone's new album. Now, we have a limited amount of tickets. I don't even know if I'm supposed to be telling you this, but I'm telling you anyways. We have a limited amount of tickets that we're going to have at.
Speaker 5: The door, So just show up early. So it's four to six pm today, Daily City.
Speaker 3: Do you a first come, first serve situation or like get your check book out situation?
Speaker 5: People don't care check books.
Speaker 2: Yes, four o'clock Dave and Buster's Daily City.
Speaker 3: Be there, nice, have fun and meet Oops. Right, yep, yep.
Speaker 1: The JV Show on Wild ninety four nine, the.
Speaker 2: Toilet paper debate is raging on, and we bring this up because scientists have waged in just telling us they said the correct way is the under way.
Speaker 18: Hey, jes, I am also Mexican from a Mexican household, and I don't wipe just kidding it.
Speaker 3: Is over. I did do it over.
Speaker 18: But what about in the station, since you always go to the bathroom every day, is the toilet paper over or under?
Speaker 2: That's a great question.
Speaker 3: If there's one person in JV show that spends the most time in the bathroom, it is Yess. And so what's the toilet paper situation in the ladies room here?
Speaker 6: Just to clear things up, I don't go number two in public or at work, but when I go to the restroom here to go number one is under.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty under it under.
Speaker 2: I feel like a lot of times when I go in there to tinkle, the toilet paper isn't even on the roll. There's just like rolls on top of you. They're only like on top of the role holder because everyone's too lazy to replace them.
Speaker 5: I think one of them is under, one of them's over. Maybe I don't know, to be honest, no.
Speaker 3: Rhyme or reason to anything. Okay, never mind, but.
Speaker 2: Jess, you are in there a lot. You have a huge portion of the show every morning. That's such a such I why K why K.
Speaker 5: I hate you guys?
Speaker 2: All right? So the new pope, Pope Leo, he's got a lot of famous family Apparently. This is according to a new report for The New York Times, they went and did a deep dive into the pope's ancestry in collaboration. It's in collaboration with genealogists at American Ancestors and the Cuban Genealogy Club of Miami. They went and they did some digging, and they found that there is one common ancestor born around six generations ago.
Speaker 3: That's a long time.
Speaker 2: That likens him to Justin Bieber, Okay, Madonna, Angelina Jolie, Hillary Clinton, like, way way way down the line. They have some common relative.
Speaker 3: But it doesn't mean they're direct line from all. It doesn't mean all these people are direct line from this person. They're somehow related to someone that was related. And then we're going back six generations possibly that's a long time ago.
Speaker 5: Do you do you wonder, like what celebrities you're linked to? I don't think back generations.
Speaker 3: I mean there's got to be if Pope Leo's got Fever, Donna and Angela, everybody you've ever heard of, Pope Leo's got all of them, and there's got to be somebody in yours, Like if you went back enough generations you're gonna if you go back enough generations, we're all we're all sharing a common ancestor.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, that's disgusting.
Speaker 3: Well, explain to me your origin story, because a lot of them they just say there was a suggest these two people in a garden.
Speaker 2: That's true. I guess we're all cousins. Then, ew, what, well that's not cut.
Speaker 3: I mean, you guys tell me that's yours. Well, yeah, I guess so version of the events that didn't happen. But okay, so you go back far enough, right, aren't we all?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we knew this pope was cool, justin Bieber's cousin. Isn't it kind of weird? And you see pictures of him and he's wearing like a white Sox hat. Yeah, in the pope outfit.
Speaker 3: They're like, ever should have elected a pope from the United States? What were we thinking? Guy's wearing a ball cap. It's not very popey of him.
Speaker 5: All Right.
Speaker 2: We tried to talk about this a few moments ago, but I feel like we laughed through it. Jess is actually going to be doing something really cool later today. Let's give just another chance for those who missed it to explain what's happening.
Speaker 5: So today at Dave and Busters in Daily City.
Speaker 2: You guys, we.
Speaker 6: Are having an official wild l four to nine Benson Boone listening party.
Speaker 5: And I'm going to be there.
Speaker 2: Everyone get to wear like those one piece jumpsuits.
Speaker 3: No, you have to be able to land a backflip to get.
Speaker 5: In a jumpsuit, none of that. No, you don't have to do You're.
Speaker 3: Going to attempt a backflip on stage at this event?
Speaker 5: Definitely not.
Speaker 6: No, I will actually unlive myself if I try that.
Speaker 3: Do you think you get to do a backflip?
Speaker 5: No, I can't even do a front flip.
Speaker 3: It's easier to do a backflip. What about the champoline, Yeah.
Speaker 5: Okay, maybe I think so. I think I've attempted a front flip.
Speaker 2: I would never try that.
Speaker 3: I think we should get like a small thin mat and each of us try back from the bill.
Speaker 6: Barely do a cartwheel okay, sidetrack okay, yeah. Listening party and Simboo listening party today and that'll be at David Buster's and Daily City four to six pm. And you didn't hear it for me, but if you get there early, get there around four.
Speaker 3: We're going to yourself the spot.
Speaker 2: Extra tickets, Yeah, to get in cool. So if you don't have tickets, now show up at four. Jess is gonna get you in. Okay, We hang out and surprises, listen to some music.
Speaker 3: They gonna like to slip you a twenty dollars bill or something No fifty optional.
Speaker 2: Fifty zero zero dollars. Nice. Well that sounds like a lot of fun, all right, So hang out with Jess tonight. You're at four pm David Buster's Daily City
Speaker 1: The JV Show on Wild ninety four nine