Speaker 1: A six fifty five KRCD talk station. Of course, Polko music means we're gonna have some fun. You're in the fifty five karassee morning show. I love celebrating everything German because you have a great time at German events, without question, it's always gummultli kite, and somebody knows all about that. Mike Kaisel, who is one of those German guys. Welcome to the program. Mike, it's a pleasure to have you on. Man.
Speaker 2: Ah good Morgan Brian, It's always a great time when I get to be on with you and I see you at all the different German events as well.
Speaker 1: The time, Man, what a great time. And Lord knows, in these trying times, you know, politically and socially speaking, we need a place where we can all come together and collectively have fun, which is what all these German events are all about. God blessed. That is what gimutli Kite is. So, Mike, that's what it is.
Speaker 2: What.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's start with before we get to the event, which is the Canteen beer Garden keg tapping, which is already sounds alluring to me. Tell my listeners about those German guys. You can find them on face at Those German Guys or go online to their website, Those German Guys dot com. What are you guys all about?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, you know Willie, my partner, Willie g. You know, he he grew up in Germany, his dad was in the military, lived in Stuttgart. My dad's side of the families from Munich, my mom's side of the families from Hanover, Germany. Actually in over the Rhine. My great grandfather had a grocery store where the drinker he is and over the Rhine that was his grocery store in eighteen forty.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So we have a lot of German tradition with Willy and I and those German guys, and we started this just to promote everything German and Cincinnati, all at different clubs, all the different events. So you know, we post stuff online, we get a lot of events, and you know, it's just all about the fun and kmukleikite like you said, Brian, and you know, we just try to share the fun and make German fun and cool.
Speaker 1: So, I mean, you support all of the various German clubs, and lord knows, we've got more than most people are even aware of. I mean the obvious ones come to mind, like colping, but you're not wed any anyone given group. You'll support every october Fest that comes down the pike, regardless who's hosting it, that kind of thing.
Speaker 2: We go out and we volunteered a lot of these different events as well for the different clubs. You know, you have Germania, Liberty Home, Dona Schwaben and Coping as you mentioned. So yeah, we partake in all there. So like Dona Schwabin Schwabinfest, Willie and I were in the book, it's those German guys pouring beer for them and and your buddy Joe Strecker was there with us too, so we all had a great time.
Speaker 1: Of course he was there. Nobody's more German than Joe Strecker. Anyhow, well, you go, well, Mike, I guess before we move out of the event, we're going to talk about today. You do events throughout the year. Is this an organization those German guys dot com that like welcomes new members or is it just you and your buddy there which do this promotion on your own? How does that work?
Speaker 2: Well, actually, we are going to start accepting members on it that was one of the things that we have in the work. So we're going to make those German guys. We're going to have a beer stuba at Moreline Logger House and it's kind of not really a club, more of just a gathering, so just trying to bring everybody together. We don't want to have meetings and get it all confused with all that stuff. We just want to have everybody get together, drink beer, share the comuglic height, which is what the German culture is supposed to be without all the headaches.
Speaker 1: Well that's wonderful, and you do have access for I understand from your website to some of the new German beers. And I'm intrigued by an event you have called strong beer Fest. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well that's a well in Munich, Germany. That's the second largest fest in Germany next to Octoberfest. And it started out as a way for the people you know, fasting during Lent and everything like that, and the strong beer, which is stark beer in German. Strong beer it's like seven percent APV or higher and they used to drink that, you know during Lent. Oh yeah, interesting thing with that is yeah, like you know, a quick story, uh, Polaner Salvatore is the first Stark beer, and you know, the monks were drinking that, and then the spread by monks, and you know they thought, well, you know, maybe we're breaking cannon law here by you know, drinking this beer. So they sent a keg of it to the Pope and Rome. And by the time the keg had got there, the beer had spoiled, and the Pope was like, he took one drink and he's like, if you guys want to drink this, you're fine. It's not going to violate any Canada. Well, so that was the beginning of Stark Beer Fest.
Speaker 1: Oh that's hilarious. That's actually a great story. I'm glad you told it. So come here coming up? What the Canteen Beer Garden keg time and Canteen Beer Garden on Harrison Avenue, Is that what we're talking about?
Speaker 2: Correct? Correct? Cantina Ka and t I n e uh. The owner Peter Schuster, He's from Germany. He makes a lot of different dishes from scratch. It's a charming, cozy little restaurant. It's tucked away. It's kind of like where Crosley Field used to be.
Speaker 3: And like I said, many of the menu items he has he makes from scratch. Last month he had a gulash that he made and actually we topped the keg of Weltonberger ten point fifty and he actually used some of the beer from that in the gulash.
Speaker 2: So you got to check out his students. Absolutely fantastic. And we do the keg tappings there the third Thursday of the month, and you know, since we're kicking off Octoberfest season Peter, this week, it's this Thursday night at Cantina. We have shot in Octoberfest that we're going to be doing the keg topping and we do that and we have a lot of different fun and games and Peters also has a costler Richen which is nope porchup mashed potatoes and sauerkraut as the featured menu item this month.
Speaker 1: Oh you got my mouth water And with that, let me man.
Speaker 2: I know, I'm sorry, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: No, that's okay. It happens all the time, you know, And I love Octoberfest season, which we can talk about a little bit here, but because a lot of the German club will come into the studio and with them they bring all of the fare you got your pastries and your sausages and all the other wonderful German food, and I get to eat it in the morning. So just looking forward to those guys going to the studio. They're all welcome anyhow, So what time does this events? When is it? What time does this event start at the canteena beer garden.
Speaker 2: This is this Thursday, five thirty to ten pm. And like I said, we normally do the keg tappings on the third Thursday of the month at Cantina. And that's kind of like the other thing with those German guys. You know, we go to different organizations and we do different events at different places such as Cantina. We used to do the tag tappings at Mecklenburg Gardens. Unfortunately Mecklenburg's close, so we move them to Cantina. So we need to support our German restaurants and things like that in the Tri State. You know, we've lost quite a few of them. So Cantenan is really a great place to go, and you need to check it out. He does a great brush stook, which is breakfast on Sunday morning. It's a traditional German breakfast with the soft boiled eggs, you know, cold cuts, cheeses and you know he also has omelets and things like that. But he also serves as traditional German breakfast on Sunday mornings as well well.
Speaker 1: Joe Strekord, just to ask some here, are is canteen of Beer Garden by any chance open? Uh for lunch during the weekdays.
Speaker 2: Uh, I'm not one hundred percent sure on the hours on that.
Speaker 1: Okay, maybe I didn't want to put you on the spotlish.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's okay, you.
Speaker 1: Just had because Joe said the bunch. I'm just thinking, well maybe just maybe down the road to some day we could have a listener lunch there and help support that uh that that that restaurant, but any of that. So if a Jill put a link up to your your website on my blog page, pickbove Carcy dot com, so folks can follow you and learn about all the other events you're going to be doing throughout there, and you do some things coming up including what I the us AA Ohio Steinholding Championship is that is that coming up down the pike here?
Speaker 2: It is you know, only the Germans could come up and make a sport out of my beer. So imagine this, you have. You know, a group of people, they're standing there at a table, you know, facing the table, there's a leader dimpled beer stein there full of beer, and you pick it up and you hold it straight out with your arm completely straight and you see who can hold up the longest. So that is Moskruz Stemmen, which is Moss, which is the Steinkruge holding, you know cup and Stemen Holding, So that's the steinholding. So more Line is actually the host of the State of Ohio championship for steinholding. There's other fourteen other states in the US Steinholding Association that have a state championship, and the state championship is going to be at more Line October twelfth, and there's competitors coming from all across Ohio. They're going to competing at Moreline Loggerhouse for the state championship. And you know, we have prize and stuff like that. And then if you can imagine the WWE Championship belt, we give those away to the men's and women's champion. Yeah, it's a who it's a great time.
Speaker 1: Oh, Mike, a couple of years he just stepped in. I targeted it up. But you just said, yeah, I was going to ask you if there were men's and women's divisions on this, recognizing some of the problems we're having of late with men and women, uh, in terms of categorization or self identification. But there are men's and women's diet.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yes, there's men's and women's. Tim Plannard, who's the three time reigning men's champion, he you know, he usually holds for about twelve minutes something to yeah, oh, I know it. This is crazy. I mean, there's a whole culture of steinholding out there that most people are probably not aware of. But this is a big deal. We had thirty men compete last year for the state championship and every twenty women.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a see. You know I always joke around her, say it truth that not a day goes by on the morning show I don't learn something. And you know, I've been working with these German organizations since I've been on radio, and I don't ever recall talking about this being such a well organized event and well participated in a serious event. I suppose I could add, how about that, Yeah, well, well maybe you're round for that one too. You can hear you're always here, welcome here in the fifty five Cassey Morning Show that spread the info about the German heritage and tradition, all the events that go on. We're blessed. We are so blessed to have such great German culture and to be able to celebrate it here at Greater Cincinnati area.
Speaker 2: So yeah, no doubt and if I could quickly.
Speaker 1: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: In order to compete for the state championship, you have to win a qualifying event. There's different qualifying events throughout the tri state and Moreline Loggerhouse has a qualifying event on August thirty first, so you can qualify there. At five pm, Greg is also going to reveal his October pasidentdinnaty menu which includes rotissery chicken, and the famous hour craft balls, and he has a keg pappy and at six pm of which is more Line's October Fest Best Beer, which is the same type of beer served in the Munich Beer tents. You know, it's a fantastic beer made by more Line, as all the beers at more Line are fantastic, So you need to come out that and that's August thirty first at more Line Loggerhouse. We have the keg tapping and the qualifying Steinholding event that you need to compete in to compete in the state championship if you'd like to win a WWE championship type belt. It says State of Ohio Champion for Steinholding.
Speaker 1: And of course ESPN eight THEO will be covering that event. I'm sure, well, you joke.
Speaker 2: But they have the last two years we've been on the Espno, I did you not Brian.
Speaker 1: There the last two years.
Speaker 2: Not having Yes, so we are playing and it does it. It was on the show and they've been there the last two years, Brian. They are planning on hopefully coming back as well.
Speaker 1: That's great.
Speaker 2: You kind of stepped it in.
Speaker 1: On that one. Oh, that's okay. Just Trekker City's actually tuned into it before, so I was caught in my effort to make a joke. Mike. Those German Guys dot com. You can also go to those German guys on Facebook. You'll find them right there. And uh, Mike, thanks for everything that you guys are doing throughout the year to celebrate all things German. And we'll get my listeners interested in that. The information we put on my blog page fifty five Carsea dot com and hope to see you there, brother, and hope to have you on again real soon talking about more events coming up.
Speaker 2: I appreciate it, Brian. It's always a great time, my friend.
Speaker 1: Have a great day you too, anytime. Coming up on eight nineteen fifty five cars the talk station, of course, coming up on Judge and Andapolitano at the bottom of the hour, and first word from my dear friends at Bud Herbert Motors. They're going to take great care of you. But Herbert Motors if you need any kind of law and equipment or you need lawn equipment service, they service everything they sell and fifth generation family and are operated but Herbert Motors. You're working with a Herbert family member. They are proud of what they have done for the past seventy five years, helping folks get the right equipment for their need and only selling the best possible brands on the market like John Deere, x Mark Steel and Haunt of Power Equipment. They have some great specials going on and they will deliver to you the product whatever you buy, ready to rock and roll. Unlike my experience with a box store where you're not working with a family member and you got to take the damn thing home. Put it together, only to find out a conks out as you first try to cut the grass for the first time. Now, but Herbert Motor is going to give you something running ready to go, and you too, will be cutting your grass before the truck even leaves the street. That is, assuming you buy a mower from them. But they have all kinds of equipment. I remember, but Herbert used to point out, and it's so true, the most expensive tool you'll ever buy is a cheap one. That's why I was so happy to hear when I bought that Honda mower. It's the last one I'll ever have to buy made that well, And of course that's why but Herbert Motors came Is it Cincinnati's hometown dealer again for more than seventy five years. Budhebert Mootors dot com. The number is five one three five four one thirty two ninety one five four one thirty two ninety one.
Speaker 2: This is fifty five KRC, an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: When you're way through our twenty twe