Speaker 1: Now your host for Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 2: Tim kayamkiy Hi everybody, and welcome in to Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. It's the twenty twenty four National League Championship Series, your Los Angeles Dodgers and the New York Mets. After splitting the first two games at Dodgers Stadium, the series now shifts to New York Game three tonight from City Field.
Speaker 3: Walker Bueller on.
Speaker 2: The mound for the Dodgers first pitch coming up at five to oh eight.
Speaker 3: Between then and now, we have a lot.
Speaker 2: To get to here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, you're gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts to get his Game three pregame thoughts. We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup with Walker Buehler on the mound. David vasagoes one on one with a guy who wishes he was pitching in this postseason. Clayton Kershaw banged up with the bat toe. We'll hear from Kersh coming up in about forty five minutes. We've got your Dodgers magical moment. Shortly, we'll check in with Kirsten Watson. From sports and at LA and in just a few minutes we will check in with Steven Nelson and Rick Monday out out the Gallpin Motors Broadcast booth. Well Monday at Dodgers Stadium. It was Game two, a game that got away from the Dodgers early and they just couldn't come back. Ryan Brazier got the start as the opener. The first battery, Face Lindor took him deep for a solo home run, and just like that, the Mets led one to nothing. Landon Na got the second inning, and that's when the wheels fell off of the Dodgers. That gave up a one out double to Tyrone Taylor Mets a two nothing lead. Three batters later, after an intentional walk to Lindor, Marfiento's hits a grand slam Mets a six nothing lead over the Dodgers after two innings. The Dodgers bullpen game didn't exactly go to script like it did in the NLDS. The Dodgers offense, they were down a gonna have to chip away. In the fifth, they finally got on the board thanks to Max Muncy.
Speaker 3: They need to make him work.
Speaker 4: He's at sixty one pitches the met bullpen isn't very deep and it is tax so you want to get going.
Speaker 3: Max Munsey charges up right field.
Speaker 5: Max Monsey's max power halfway up the pavilion, a solo home run, and finally the Dodgers breakthrough. Mounsey's second home run of the season was a pullet.
Speaker 6: To right field.
Speaker 1: It's house six to one.
Speaker 3: Solo home run for Monsei.
Speaker 2: That's the top tier play the game, sponsored by Arco Quality Topsier Gas for less.
Speaker 7: In the sixth, the Dodgers a chance to have one.
Speaker 2: Of those big innings put a crooked number up on the scoreboard. Mookie Betts a leadoffs walk, Ti Oscar Hernandez, then walk Freddie Freeman reached base. Dodgers had the bases loaded for Will Smith, who popped out to seconds That then brought up though Tommy Edden with the breath of fresh air.
Speaker 3: Moment of the game.
Speaker 4: They're loaded with one out for the inning. Seemingly slipping away, Edmond rolls it to first underneath.
Speaker 8: The Lonzo in the right field.
Speaker 5: Mookie said, Ty Oscar behind them, Tommy Edman comes through a two runs base hit.
Speaker 4: It's now six to three back.
Speaker 5: To back games in this series mod A two strike RBI not for Tommy Edmund.
Speaker 2: Two runs single for Tommy Edmond. Dodgers down six to three. Here comes the comeback and that was the fresh air moment of the game. Brought to you by a Tar Mechanical. Looking for reliable heating and air conditioning services in southern California. A Tar Mechanical is your trusted partner. It's a breadth of fresh air. Their service is more than just a solution. From the moment you call to the completion of your projects. A Tara Mechanical delivers friendly on a service at a fair price. The next batter, Max Munsey walked the reload the basis Dodgers had something going what Keiky Hernandez grounded into a double play in the thread A golden opportunity missed for the Dodgers.
Speaker 3: They leave a runner in the seventh.
Speaker 2: They had another chance in the eighth Inny, but Kik popped out to end the threat. With runners on second and third, Dodgers dropped Game two of this NLCS on Monday, seven to three. The Dodgers were one for nine with runners in scoring position. They left ten runners on base. The top five hitters in the Dodgers lineup including show Hey combined zero for nineteen with nine punchouts. However, the Dodgers need to get ready as they headed to New York to continue this series Game three on the NLCS. With this thing tied up at a game apiece, Walker Buehler gets the ball in Game three to night first pitch at five oho eight and with more we head out to the gallopin Motors Broadcast booth in City Field and say hello to Steven Nelson and Rick Monday.
Speaker 7: Guys.
Speaker 4: All right, Tim Kates, We're here in brisk in cool Flushing, Queens for Game three of the National League Championship Series, the all important Game three, Rick Monday. Because you look at a series tied one one and a best of seven series all time, the winner of Game three has gone on to win sixty nine times out of one hundred, so basically seventy percent of the time a winner of Game three goes on to take it off.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you know what I think about those numbers? Absolutely s on Flushing, Flushing, because it means absolutely nothing. I mean, yeah, it's fine if you look at the bookwork, but I'll guarantee you neither one of these teams is looking at well, you know in postseason history, therefore no you play the games. And for Walker Bueller, this is a huge start for Walker and for the Dodgers. Didn't understand, okay, fine, they just got through splitting the two games at Dodgers Stadium. That was a nice, friendly crowd, a lot of electricity. Well, it's going to be negative electricity as far as the Dodgers concerned in this ballpark here tonight. So get ready batten down the hatches, because the last time the Dodgers were here in New York playing against the Mets, there was not a semblance in the world that the Mets would be around in October anywhere except in front of the television sets in their.
Speaker 4: Own homes, and the Dodgers swept them out of their own building back in May. But since then, the Mets obviously the best team in baseball, and lately at home they've been terrific. They've won fourteen of their last sixteen here in Queens. But on the whole home field av this postseason across the league, moll it really hasn't mattered. Home teams are sixteen and fifteen, just one game over five hundred.
Speaker 8: I think homefield advantage goes with the pitching that you have that's on the mound, and that's exactly what it is. Both managers in fact, earlier today talking about the starting pitches, well, all the whereases and their fours and the odds and what's the starting pitching. And for Walker Vieler on one sign us have a reno going for the Mets on the other side, Okay, who's going to hit and who's going to score some runs? Dodgers have been able to do that. Interesting enough to Steven as we look at this lineup, Dave Roberts changing it a little bit, Yeah, he moves Tascar Hernanez from the fourth spot down to five, and he moves Max Munsey to where the Dodgers will have two lefties in a row, Freeman batting third, and for Mounsey he will batten the fourth spot. Interesting there too, And for Gavin Lux that hip flexer is good enough for him to be in the lineup tonight. He'll be at second base and he'll bat in the number six spot.
Speaker 4: And Will Smith also down to seven. Given his struggles, he did hit the ball hard toward the end of Game two. There have been some better passes, but the production has been lacking by far for the Dodger backstop.
Speaker 3: And here's the thing.
Speaker 4: The top the order in game two, top five a combined er for nineteen doesn't matter, home road, a warm night, cold night, bullpen starter. When that happens, you're not gonna win postseason games. It didn't happen for the Dodgers of Game two. They're hoping for much better tonight in Game three.
Speaker 2: Back to you, TC, all right, thank you, Nelly's counting down to first pitch. Dodger fans, get you that game game day meal on and Shaky's Pizza parlor. Yeah, what are your Shaky's Pizza, Chicken and the mojos right now, Shaky's dot Com coming up here on Dodgers on Deck. You're gonna hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts. We will check in with the David ma say who as we speak is on the field getting you the very latest information.
Speaker 7: We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup.
Speaker 2: But up next to you, o Tani Rewyan, and we'll hear from Kirsten Watson from Sports and at LA.
Speaker 3: We'll lead you up to first pitch.
Speaker 2: Game three of the National League Championship Series Dodgers and Mets from New York.
Speaker 3: First pitch at five oh eight. Thanks for being with us.
Speaker 7: I'm Tim Kasi's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: Is Loronzo Casino, Dodgers on the Dodgers on deck y'all on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Mets from Queens, New York. Game three of the NLCS. Walker Bueler on the mount, first pitch coming up at.
Speaker 3: Five oh eight.
Speaker 6: This is the Otani.
Speaker 2: Rewhy Well showy Otani was over in Game two of the NLCS on Monday at Dodgers Stadium as the Dodgers fell to the Mets seven to three. This series now tied up at a game of peace. So Tani rewind brought to you by eto ins Oiocha, Japan's number one green Tea and the Tea that showy Otani loves and drinks Availabia local diso stores target at eto In dot com. That's I t O e N dot com.
Speaker 1: This is Keirston's Corner. It's Kirsten Watson.
Speaker 2: And Kirsten is live at City Field before Game three of this NLCS and the roster looks a little different for Dave Roberts Tonight's.
Speaker 9: Yes, it is so when you look at Taioscar Hernandez as well as Max Munsey. So Tioscar today is going to be batting fifth, Max Munsey is going to be batting fourth, and so Dave Roberts said, the reason he wanted to do that is because the Mets have Sevarino on the mound today and he likes the matchup against lefties a little bit better. So the hope is as he gets deeper into his outing, he will be seeing more lefties than he would be seeing alrighty, So just by switching Tao and Max, he feels like that's kind of a good situation for them.
Speaker 2: Freddie Freeman in the lineup and for Freddy this cool weather, I can't imagine it's good for his akle.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you know, as we've been talking about it, when it comes to Freddie Freeman, he has been doing everything in his power to be out there, and so you know, we saw him go from the night game to a day game on Monday, and I think there were some question marks if he's going to be able to do that turn around because he's talked about how it takes like four hours for him to get ready. He did it, They did come. He did come out a little bit late in the game, but just more of a thing due to the score. So he had the off day yesterday, was doing treatment with Bernard Lee, getting his body ready. So he wants to be out there for all of these games. He's doing everything in his power to do just that. I think now that we're in New York, the temperatures have dropped here quite a bit, so it is really cold. It's like in the fifties now, and so it's with any injury, you want to keep your body warm, and so he's going to have to battle with that of how do you maintain keeping your body your inkle warm when it is really cold out. So it might pose another element, but Dave Roberts said, the biggest thing is they're just going to take it day by day. That's all you can do. And he does feel optimistic that he's going to be able to post every single day because that's just who Freddie is.
Speaker 2: To be honest, Walker Bueler, we know who he is and what he could do in the postseason.
Speaker 3: He's done it before in the year's past.
Speaker 2: Walker Buehler gets to start tonight and the Dodgers need him to be Walker Bueller of old.
Speaker 9: Yeah, he's gonna have to go out there and be the ace of this team as we've been seeing, you know, and he's he loves these big situations. We talked about it when we were in the NLDS, how you know, it's a big game and he can step up and he wants to be that guy. And you know, if he looks at the results, he would say he didn't feel great about that outing. They were definitely positives in regard to settling in and being really effective, especially after the kind of the one inning went a little haywire, primarily due to the defense though, So he wants to come into this one. He wants to have a really solid outing for his team. They know that, you know, moving forward, this is the NLCS. Everything is essentially a must win, and he wants to set the tone for his group today. And especially as much as I think we can all say there were a lot of positives in his last outing, he wants to see positive results in this one today.
Speaker 2: He needs to put up zero's that's the most important thing. Kirston We appreciate it. We'll check in with you after the game. Brought to by Cars for Kids, the easiest way to get rid of.
Speaker 3: Your old car.
Speaker 2: Donating today your car can be picked up tomorrow. Donate now Carsfrokids dot Org. That's cars with the case still to come. Here on Dodgers on we'll dive deeper this pitching matchup. David Maddego's one on one with Clayton Kershaw. But I'm next we'll hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts Dodgers Mets, Game three of the NLCS, first pitch of.
Speaker 3: Five oh eight.
Speaker 7: I'm Tim Katsus Los Angeles Dodgers audio notes.
Speaker 1: Well, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers Hunt game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and the Mets.
Speaker 2: Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues as we leave you up to first pitch, Game three of the National League Championship Series Marongo Casino Resort and Spot Grand Slam for good times, Walker Viewler and Luis Severino. The pitching matchup, first pitch coming up at five oh eight. Let's head back out though to City Field and here for the Dodgers kipper.
Speaker 6: Any questions for Dave Dave? Can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 1: Can you talk about the pressure in the dugouts with Dave Roberts.
Speaker 10: From you, oh sheets of Flaherty there first to second outings, it really seemed like they have settled in. What do you need to see from Walker today to have similar success in set the tone?
Speaker 11: I think with Walker, yeah, I think actually, you know, I thought he threw the baseball fine his last time out. We just didn't play good defense behind him. I think to the question of what I'm looking for, I know the emotions aren't going to be too big for him the stage, I think it's more of how he's obviously commanding the baseball, the fastball, the secondary pitches, but most importantly is kind of how those hitters are seeing him and just seeing it at bat's the quality of contact, the swings that they're taking against Walker. That's kind of for me telling you know, what's more to come, and so that's what I'm going to keep an eye on.
Speaker 6: Go to Jack in the second row on the left.
Speaker 4: Dave Well went into Flo Been Max and Taoscar and then dropping Will to seven.
Speaker 11: You know, with Will I just think that just give him a different look. I don't think he's swinging the bat great, and so just to kind of let the game get to him a little bit later. You know, Severino's typically been a much better verse, right, and so just to give some lefties more cracks at him, and that's kind of the impetus behind that. And yeah, I just I like the way Max is taking a bats and I feel good with him kind of moving up a.
Speaker 3: Rung, go to the second row on the side middle aisle.
Speaker 12: Darren ains KKW, what's going on, Dave. We're in a similar situation in Game three in San Diego. How would you like to approach this Game three differently than you did last week?
Speaker 11: This one right here? I think for me, it's uh, I feel great in the sense of, you know, certain guys in our pen have had considerable time off, they're arrested, and I guess trying to continue to manage this game with urgency if it makes sense, And that's obviously dependent on the first couple few innings. But yeah, I feel good with Walker throwing the baseball tonight and the guys kind of behind him. So yeah, it's an important game, you know, so if you're looking at it as a five game series, that's kind of how I'm looking at it. So to win this first game is really important.
Speaker 2: All right, there's Dave Roberts down the dugout, brought to you by Service Titan. Dave Roberts wins in the playoffs by.
Speaker 3: Being ready for anything.
Speaker 2: If you want your contracting business to succeed, you need to be ready to let Service Titan help you be prepared.
Speaker 7: Service Titan dot Com.
Speaker 2: When we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll get the very latest from our Dodger inside, the best of the best, David, I say we lead up to first pitch, Game three. The NLC has Dodgers and Mets. I'm Tim Kates's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino, Dodgers on Deach on your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 2: It's a Dodgers and Mets Game three and the National League Championship Series Series title, a game of piece. Now it's in New York for Game three tonight. Walker Bueller on the mount, first pitch coming up and.
Speaker 1: Five away, joining Tim Kaits on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 6: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 2: All Right, Dave, city Field, New York, Dodgers, Mets. What's the light before Game three?
Speaker 13: Well, number one, it's a lot colder than what it is in Los Angeles. They're expecting the temperatures with the windshill to be in the upper forties at first pitch, which is coming up at the top of the hour. A lot of fans on the concourse. They feels like they're getting into position tim to really make City Field rock. They are well behind this Mets team that has had a magical ride to the NLCS. They're having Darryl Strawberry throughout the first pitch to Dwight Gooden. I've seen John Franco, I've seen Chris Christy, I've seen the Mets owner Steve Cohen, and more importantly, I think the Dodgers are going to see sho Hey Otani and Mookie Betts show up when it matters that offense.
Speaker 2: In Game two, the top of the line first five hitters well documented ozover nineteen nine punchdowns. They were one for nine with runners in scoring position, ten runners left on base in that game.
Speaker 3: They had their opportunities.
Speaker 2: David even though they were down six to nothing from the get go.
Speaker 7: This Dodgers' offense needs to get going.
Speaker 6: It really does.
Speaker 13: And talking to players that have played against the Dodgers this season, they told me going into the postseason they believe the Dodgers were going to have to score five or six runs a game to win to get all the way through, and it's proved out to be true. It was really encouraging that Dodgers were able to score nine runs without hitting a home run in the first game of this series.
Speaker 6: And JD.
Speaker 13: Martinez was telling me back in La that this ballpark at City Field plays really big. We always hear about Petco Park, but this is not an easy place to hit the ball out of the ballpark, and the Dodgers cannot go back to that routine. Mookie Bett, speaking of routine, talked about it in his press conference earlier today. He's gone back to taking four or five hundred swings yesterday to try to get back on track.
Speaker 14: I mean, just the same thing. I mean I've been probably for the whole playoffs. I've probably been taking, you know, a couple hundred swings a day, and did it again yesterday. I'll go do it again today and so I'm probably taken away too many, but you know I'd rather do that, And so I mean, really is just being good with my plan and getting some good swings off. But you know it's gonna take all of us and hopefully I can get up in a spot and help us win.
Speaker 13: Trust me, Mookie had more energy around the batting cage than during his press conference. It feels like he just got off the bus and was ushered into that interview room. But being around the team, the Dodgers are ready. The biggest thing is ken Walker Buehler stopped from putting up or having the opposition put up a crooked number against him.
Speaker 3: David is driven by four.
Speaker 2: If there's one thing we like, his choice to find yours with the four F one to fifty gas hybrid all electric tough. This mark can only be called f one to fifty. You mentioned Walker bueler, David, how long do you think that leash is on Walker out there tonight?
Speaker 13: Well, the Dodgers need some length out of him. I don't believe Dave Roberts is going to go out there with a quick hook. They're going to be patient, let the game breathe a little bit, But really, Tim, the Dodgers have to not just play with urgency, They've got to manage with urgency. I feel like this is a very pivotal game in this series, especially after the Mets came to LA and took a The Mets have the home field advantage, and if you give this crowd life, if you give that team believe they can beat you, they are very dangerous because that's basically what they've been running on, no pressure and a lot of belief that they can shock everybody and take down the Dodgers.
Speaker 2: All right, David Gray, stuffill check back you with you in just a couple of minutes. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, We're gonna hear from Clayton Kershaw. We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup, but I'm next your Dodgers magical moment. It's a Dodgers and Mets Game three of the NLCS. First pitch at five o eight. I'm Tim Kas's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's a Dodgers and Mets or leading up to Game three the National League Championship Series, Walker Mueller and Luis Severino. The pitching matchup, first pitch coming up in five OW.
Speaker 1: Eight Hot Dog who went to It's time for the hawfe Magical Moment. It's Magical Magic presented by Hawfey Hot Dogs.
Speaker 2: We go back to twenty twenty in the Bubble in Arleington, Game three of the NLCS Dodgers taken on the Braves and what a first ining it was for the Dodgers.
Speaker 6: Dating on three and two.
Speaker 4: The bases are loaded, there goes to Carouse Hill and there's a fly ball to center field that's well hit and it's a.
Speaker 6: Grand Slam home run Max Monsey. It is eleven to.
Speaker 2: Nothing and we're not finished with the first Max Munsey with the Grand Slam. It was an eleven run first inning. They wouldn't put up any more runs on the Indian, but they would go on and win the game fifteen to three, as the Dodgers would beat the Braves in seven games of the National League Championship Series back in twenty twenty. This Hofey Magical Moment brought to by Hofey Hot Dogs a soak ou treasure for over one hundred years is at hoffeybrand dot com. Find out where you can purchase Crave Delicious Hoffey Hot Dogs. Will we continue here on Dodgers on Deck. We will check back you out, Rick Monday, as we are leading at the first pitch Dodgers and Mets Game three of the NLCS, I'm Tim Kats's Los Angeles Dodgers All your network.
Speaker 1: It is Lorongo Casino, Dodgers on Dodgers on Deck. Y'all on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Mets from Queens, New York is the NLCS shifts back East. Tied at the game at peace, Game three coming up Walker Buehler on the mound, first pitch at five to eight. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by zench handcrafted sushi made fresh daily on side. Pickup Delicious Sushi before the game at Rouse and other local supermarkets near the deli counter.
Speaker 1: And now joined by David Maas saying, here's LA Dodgers broadcaster and World Series Champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 13: Rick, the Dodgers and Mets getting set for Game three. The NLCS and the temperatures are a lot different than what they were in Los Angeles. How much will that play into tonight's game.
Speaker 8: Well, it depends on the pitches that are thrown. And I say that with a chuckle, but I'm very serious about it. Here's the other thing that we hear a lot, and we'll talk about it more. But Steve and Nelson were doing the broadcast, I would imagine is that temperature's kind of drunk. It's not a big deal. But who has an advantage If there is an advantage, you hear a lot well on colder whether the pitchers don't get as good a grip on the ball, in particular the breaking ball, if it seems a little slick or not. What about the hitters, Well, you don't like to get chanmmed even when it's one hundred degrees, much less if it's in the low fifties or in the upper forties, which it may be. The other part two is a little breeze blowing in. One of the things that I noticed here this afternoon is that the Mets were working out on the field. In particular, I watch outfielders, and what they did is they had a couple of coaches. One was soft tossing to another coach that had a bat in the batting gauge, and they had their outfielders into the outfield. An interesting drill because hey, keep in mind the breeze. Going to get to that in a second. But what they would do is that they would be in their fielding position of the outfield with their head down, not even watching. They were going off the crack of the bat because it was relatively quat here at the stadium at the time, and only at the crack of the bat would they look up and then pick up the base bawl the flight of the baseball, and then run to the spot try and catch the ball as well. One of the things that I observed, and looking at the flags here earlier, we'll see if it changes the wind atop the stadium down the left field line, the wind is blowing directly in towards the infield. What I noticed that in the outfield drills is that the wind was beating the base balls down, the fly of balls down. If it had altitude. We'll see how that possibly effects played tonight.
Speaker 13: Also another factor with the cold weather is Freddie Freeman's right ankle. Is that something that could be a concern for the Dodgers.
Speaker 8: Could be about the hitp flexer of Gavin Luxeu's in that lineup. Also in tonight's ball.
Speaker 6: Game, it's going to be interesting.
Speaker 8: You know, we can do a lot of whereases and therefore, but you know this is this is the Big Apple, if you will, and this is Dodgers and a team from New York. Oh it's not the Yankees, it's the Mets. So you don't get to the Yankees. I feel will win that series against the Cleveland but this is going to be loud. It's going to be raucus. And that home field advantage we talked about so often and for postseason play for the Dodgers, well that home field advantage right now goes to the Mets because they've got three in a row here in this ballpark.
Speaker 13: How important is winning this one for the Dodgers to be able to get him back.
Speaker 8: It's huge, and I think it's huge for Walker Ruehler to be able to have a good game and then possibly, you know, be ready for a World Series. But the Dodgers have to win three more so to the Mets from that standpoint, But New York if we look at some things though, too, David, you know, we start to look the Mets one both up their games the Nation League Division Series here at home. So if we're going back what they've done here at home, they've won now fourteen at last sixteen they played in their home ball burn.
Speaker 13: It's amazing how when the Dodgers swept the Mets Rick here at City Field back in May. That's when their season turned around. After a team meeting held by America's DH JD. Martinez and Francisco Lindor.
Speaker 8: Yeah. Yeah, And there was a glove that was tossed into the stands also by a metsa reliever that came in. What I want to see tonight for the Dodgers is high fives.
Speaker 13: Love it, Rick, And maybe you and I can high five at the end of the game too.
Speaker 6: We've never done that.
Speaker 8: We'll just wave goodbye.
Speaker 6: Okay, sounds good.
Speaker 13: We'll send it back to you in the studio ten, where it's nice and cozy and warm.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is nice and cozy and seventy two grease here in the studio, I, me and Colin you just hanging out and enjoying this overcast afternoon here in southern California. Dodgers fans and hanserd listening experience how by downloaded the iHeartRadio app and listening in an HD. It's all power by Lacare Health Plans serving all Angelinos Lacare dot Org. Still to come here on Dodgers on Deck, we're gonna get you.
Speaker 3: A preview of this pitching matchup.
Speaker 2: Reckull be back with Steven Nelson, get you those keys of the game. But up next, we're gonna hear from the future Hall of Famer himself, Clayton Kershaw leading up to Game three of the NLCS Dodgers and Mets.
Speaker 7: I'm Tim Kats's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunt game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and Mets leading up to Game three of the NLCS. Walker Bueller on the medveldime deepend of the pitching matchup coming up in just a couple of minutes, first pitch at.
Speaker 3: Five oh eight.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Baseball is presented by Children's Hospital Los Angeles. When you need the very best care for your child, go to Children's Hospital Los Angeles, rank number one in California for pediatric care.
Speaker 3: Find the right doctor.
Speaker 14: It's c. H. L.
Speaker 3: A dot Org.
Speaker 1: David and now what will likely be vassa fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 7: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high and tight.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 13: I'm joined right now by the two headed Monster a Brent Honeywell.
Speaker 6: And Clayton Kershaw right left.
Speaker 13: Two headed Monster Honeywell, thanks a lot for joining in me and this guy, Clayton.
Speaker 3: Kershaw, Thanks for having me.
Speaker 6: Kershaw, thank you for recruiting Honeywell.
Speaker 15: Yeah, Honey's a good time. So I just thought maybe he'd died a little bit to our interview, But so far not a sort what happens he got stage fright, maybe so so hey, he seems.
Speaker 13: More nervous now than he did when he saw that snake on the step of the dugout.
Speaker 15: Yeah, Honey's got a good heart about him, good good heart beat about him. But yeah, that snake didn't even phase him. He was too locked into the ball, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: I feel like a snake doesn't phase you.
Speaker 13: I feel like you're a type of guy that might have like five pet snakes at home.
Speaker 16: No, he had the best seat in the house. It was in the best seat in the house yesterday, front row, right in front of Dog.
Speaker 7: He almost got Danny.
Speaker 6: Danny never saw him, never saw him, never saw him. Have you ever seen a snake at Dodger Stadium? Kershaw?
Speaker 15: That was a first for me. Ever seen that before.
Speaker 6: I didn't know.
Speaker 15: I knew someone would grab him, but I didn't want to be a part of that. Yeah, I didn't know who it was.
Speaker 13: Hey, there's always a purpose for everybody on this team. You guys have really come together. What can you say about what Honeywell did for the team going into Game three and the rest of this series, the way he competed and kept the game where it was.
Speaker 15: Yeah, he pitched great. You know, I think you know he loves to compete and obviously been out for a couple of weeks, so to come in there and get three innings for us was huge and you know, kept us right where we were and we had a chance in the ninth, which was the goal, you know. So it obviously lined up our pen for these next three games, because playing three games in a row, you can't just use the same guys over and over again. So that was huge for us and it'll set us up for the rest of the series Big Time.
Speaker 13: I'm curious if honeywell, how much of a rubber arm he has? So you pitch three innings, how quickly can you turn around?
Speaker 16: I turned around. I can turn around. I mean, it's you gotta do what you gotta do in October, you know, is.
Speaker 6: What it is.
Speaker 16: You go a bunch your business the right way, learn from guys like Clayton, and you continue to go about the same thing you've done all year long, helping the team win any way you can and let the chips fall.
Speaker 6: How much have you learned from him?
Speaker 16: I've learned a lot from him.
Speaker 3: Today was the first day we played catch together.
Speaker 6: That this is a big day.
Speaker 16: Not to get too young here, but I watched him a lot growing up.
Speaker 3: I think we're the same age.
Speaker 16: Yeah, okay, uh he uh.
Speaker 6: I've learned a lot from him.
Speaker 3: IVE watched him.
Speaker 16: I've watched him pitch for a long time, and I asked him a little bit about the slider and rest was kind of history with that.
Speaker 6: Nice No.
Speaker 15: I mean, I think the thing that I like about Honey is that we were just talking about it is. You know, there's so much stuff right weight, room wise, training, room wise, that we do pitching to get us on the field and pitch, but like nobody really talks about just just throwing, you know, just throwing a baseball, and that's what Honey does. And I just said, I think I think I should throw more like maybe not as like max effort, but just like more endurance based throwing, just to get your arm going, gets your arm going, he said, he you know, he feels better, like he played catch today and he said his shoulder and elbow felt better than it has been in a long time, just you know, just because he threw three ing's yesterday and you keep your arm going. So I think there's something to be said for that, like tissue tolerance of your arm. And you know, obviously every everybody in baseball is trying to figure out how to keep people healthy now, and maybe maybe you just go back to as simple as just playing catch for longer and less intense periods of time.
Speaker 13: Before Game two, I saw you guys playing catch as well. He was throwing his screwball to you. Any chance you teach Kershaw the screwball.
Speaker 16: He's got the he's got the hook, dude, the hook. The hook's only when he's needed his whole career.
Speaker 6: You see it. It's a well of the goasts.
Speaker 15: Man. I don't think my shoulder can throw a screwball. I don't think my shoulder moves that way, especially after surgery. There's no way I could throw a screwball.
Speaker 13: Clayton Kershaw and Brent Honeywell are joining us before Game three of the NLCS. Honeywell, did you hear the big breaking news on Big Fox Sports yesterday?
Speaker 6: What happened?
Speaker 13: Kershaw was on with the big guys a Rod, Big Poppy and Jeter and broke the news that he's coming back next year.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's old news, That's what That's what I thought.
Speaker 6: I didn't know anywhere.
Speaker 15: That's what I thought. I didn't think it was news. I thought, just what do you think I'm gona do? Hang out to get surgery and hang it up. I mean, I don't know. It's just like, yeah, I didn't know I was breaking anything.
Speaker 6: Well, I mean that was the first time you said it publicly.
Speaker 15: Okay, I didn't know I had to do that every year?
Speaker 8: All right?
Speaker 15: Coming back old No, I'm the same age as you do.
Speaker 13: You have a Honeywell clause. You got the player option? Do you have a Honeywell clause in your contract.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I only pitch if Honeywell pitch. Yeah, yeah that would work. Well, it'd be good.
Speaker 16: Hey, I got my first day with your first start.
Speaker 6: Back this year.
Speaker 3: Sure it is wait to go man.
Speaker 6: Hey, thanks thanks for setting it up.
Speaker 13: Your new Kenley Jansen, your Kershaw's new Kenley. Thanks a lot, guys for stopping. I told Kershaw when he leaves, I leave, so I'll come back next year.
Speaker 15: Wow, you heard it here first, guys, Dave as back next year.
Speaker 3: We'll have to.
Speaker 15: We'll check out the contract situation, but we'll double.
Speaker 6: Check it's not great. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 2: All right, Thank you guys, Brent Honeywell Jr. And Clayton Kershaw. Very cool to get both of those guys. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers' audio broadcast. When it's game night, it's Group nine at Shaky's dot Com. Or leave me up to first pitch Dodgers and Mets coming up, we'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup is Game three of the NLCS. I'm Tim Kas's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers on tack on your Home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 2: Dodgers a Mets Game three in the Nationally Championship Series. First pitch from Sitneyfield, coming up five away, and.
Speaker 1: Now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching.
Speaker 2: Matchup presented by your Southern California Toyota Dealers, turning your trail dominating off roading dreams into reality in the all New twenty twenty four to comas hear Toyota.
Speaker 7: Dealer today, they make it easy.
Speaker 2: Luis Severino on the mound, thirty year old right handed out of the Dominican Republic, ten season in the Big Leagues, nine years with the Yankees, then he took the train over to the Queens, New York. Has now been with the Mets this last year. Made thirty one starts during the regular season eleven and seven with a three ninety one erray and one hundred and sixty one punchouts. Two starts so far in the postseason last time out six innings, three runs, six hits, seven strikeouts against the Phillies and the NLDS Walker Buehler on the mound, making it back this season after his second Tommy John surgery. Made sixteen starts during the regular season, was one in six with a five thirty eight er ray. He's made one start in this postseason, allowing six runs on seven hits, striking out nobody, and a Game three start against the Padres down in San Diego in the DS. It was his first postseason starts since twenty twenty one, when he took the mount in Game six of the NLCS. He has not registered a postseason win since the World Series Game three against the Tampa Bay Rays in twenty twenty.
Speaker 3: Facing the New.
Speaker 2: York Mets for the first time this season for the sixth time in his career. Dodgers Baseball is bright to by Eto Wins Oiocha, Japan's number one Green Sea and the Tea The showy Otani Loves and drinks available at local Diso stores, Target and Eto in dot Com. That's it, Oe n dot Com, Dodgers Mets. We're fifteen minutes away from first pitch. He's a game our next. I'm Tim Kasis, Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: As we were saying.
Speaker 1: This, is Marongo Casino Dodgers on jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's a Dodgers and Mets Game three of the NLCS. Walker Viewler on the mound, First pitch coming up at five, OA, Dodger fans and hands. You're listening experience by downloading that iHeartRadio A It's free and listening to Dodger games and HD. It's all powered by LA Care Health Plan serving all Angelino's Lacare dot org. All right, let's head back out to Cydney Field before first pitch.
Speaker 3: The two guys on the.
Speaker 4: Call, Stephen Nelson, Rick Monday, late star in Queen's tim an eighth eight Local time after a one to eight local time start for Game two in Los Angeles, and the Dodgers and Mets their attire a little more layer tonight. As you look out at the pregame warm ups, Rick Monday, I'm curious how that impacted your mind as a player, when you went from a warm weather location to a cold weather location this time of year.
Speaker 8: I think it depends more on the pitching. From a defensive standpoint. You know there's a little breeze coming in. Is the game it was about to unfold coming in pretty good from left field if we look at the flags at top of the of the stadium, So it's going to add a little bit of a wind chill factor, if you will. A lot of pitchers talk about they don't get as good a grip or good as feel on the baseball. They feel a little slick. Well, if you're a breaking ball pitcher, does that affect you? And one of the things I'm going to be looking at that We'll all look at the first inning and here are the numbers on the first inning. For Walker Dueler, it has been a nightmare in the first inning of three fifty seven batting average against four home runs in the open again. And for Luis Severino, who's going for the Mets the first inning, just a one to sixty four batting average against him. There's not been a ball hit out of the ballpark in the first inning. And for sever Reno made thirty one starts during the regular season.
Speaker 4: This is a fascinating pitching match of Walker Buehler for the Dodgers Luis Severino for the Mets. I mean, it wasn't that long ago these two were the guys who got next Rick Monday in baseball, they were the ones who were going to send to be among the upper echelon the Walker Buelers case, he was in the top five pitchers of the majors for a good stretch. Severino finished third and Sion voting back in his breakout season for the Yankees in twenty seventeen, and then both mostly because of injuries on both sides. For Severino and Buehler, they took a downturn in their career and now it's been on the path to discovery. Sever Reno is basically an approve it season his first year coming across through different borough pitching for the Mets, and Walker Buhler he's on the cusp of free agency. So the fact that they're pitching here on the postseason stage is somewhat poetic. They were always supposed to be here. Their routes here were was not a straight line for either of them.
Speaker 8: But here they are. And Walker Bueler a little bit different type of a pitcher. You know this not in the upper nineties, one hundred miles an hour. He's made that transition. But here's the thing too, He's been on the stage before. Walker Buehler has sixteen career postseason starts, and one of them that he's had this year. Okay, gave up six runs in the second end of the game against the Sandigo Bundres, but he didn't have any defense behind him in that one inning. After that disastrous inning, it was Walker Buehler at his best from that point on.
Speaker 4: So it to be Buehler and seven Reno and leading off the game. Sho, hey Otani, tim as we get it back to you. Everyone is well aware of his widening splits when it comes to with hitting with runners on versus hitting with the bases empties over nineteen with the bases empty. He's been over in the first inning in every single game this postseason as well. So the Dodgers would like him to get the offense off to a much better start in Game three than they had throughout Game number two.
Speaker 3: All right, thank you, Nelly.
Speaker 2: Fifty one degrees at first pitch, you're gonna be cold at City fields. In comparison, it was seventy three degrees for Game two on Monday. Walker Bueller on the mound in sixteen postseason starts in his career, a two eer in ten starts at home on the road, six starts for a Walker Bueler in his career in the postseason, an er near six.
Speaker 3: Hopefully that'll change tonight.
Speaker 2: It's Game three of the NLCS Dodgers and Mets from Cityfield.
Speaker 3: First pitch when we come back.
Speaker 2: I'm Tim Kates has been Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck on Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.