Speaker 1: You see, something's going to happen. What's going to happen?
Speaker 2: What I.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to the Occult Rejects. Today we're joined by Jen Sanki, author of Manifesting by the Moon, a Guide to Lunar Magic. There are a lot of books and conversations out there that treat the moon like a symbol, an aesthetic, or a vague spiritual backdrop, but Gen's work approaches it differently, and Manifesting by the Moon the Moon becomes a rhythm, a structure, and a working magical system, a way of aligning intention, emotion, ritual, self awareness and action with the changing phases of the lunar cycle. The book is framed around using the moon as a guide for self discovery, transformation, and manifestation, and it builds that path through foundations like spirit, mind, body, deity, tarot, herbs, oils, incense, crystals, and phase specific practice. Jen is a professional witch, teacher, tower reader, and speaker who's broader work centers on helping people recognize their own magical potential, deepen their personal growth, and manifest their desires through spiritual practice. So today we're diving into lunar magic, not just as an idea, but as a discipline, what it is, how it works.
Speaker 1: Why the moon has remained such a.
Speaker 3: Powerful spiritual force across traditions, and how people can actually build a meaningful practice around it. Now, before I introduce the rest of the panel and the guest, I would like to make an announcement. We want to remind people about the website. If you're into reading, we have tons of information by multiple contributors, and we got t shirts up on the site if you're interested. Fun fact, the art is all based on the eyeball. All right, that's enough outemy, enough announcements. Let me introduced the rest of the panel, and we got Teresa re joining us today again. We had her on on a week or two ago. I had a blast with her. I thought she was awesome as hell. She introduced me to Jen, so I figured why not bring her on again. So Teresa, please let everybody know what's up with you and where they can find all your amazing work.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much. Glad to be here again. I had I had a blast last time, and just for folks who are listening in, Nick had me at ICP. But that's a whole nother story. So I'm a music fanatic. That's one of my things. But I'm also known as the Tarot Lady. I've got a ton of books out there. I write about terror, I write about astrology, all kinds of other things, and really the best place to find me is always my website, the Tarot Lady dot com, and you'll see me on social media. My handle is always the Tarot Lady, although on one or two places someone else grabbed the Tarot Lady and they're not really using it. So this is the real deal.
Speaker 2: You'll know.
Speaker 4: Just my website will tell you where I'm at.
Speaker 3: A awesome Thank you so much, Juse, I really appreciate you. Me in it again and then man himself the storyteller Robbie Marks, What is going on, sir?
Speaker 1: How are you hello?
Speaker 5: How's everybody doing thing? It's good to come in and hang out for a little bit and see what's going on. I am Robbie Marx. I'm an artist illustrator.
Speaker 1: I do a lot of.
Speaker 5: Research into symbolism and ancient history, and if anybody wants to check out my veryous stuff my website for my artworks, or my metamind cast podcast or any of the various things I do you can check out my link tree which is link tree r.
Speaker 1: M A r X.
Speaker 5: And I wanted to mention a lot of people have been asking about the Pink Floyd t's that I did, and I did just get a limited number of those in. If anybody wants to him, just hit me up. So yeah, and it's great to be here. Thanks for having me on.
Speaker 1: Nick.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that artwork you did be for Pink Floyd was authorized by Pink Floyd and David Gilmore, correct too.
Speaker 1: Right, Oh yeah, yeah, that's gangs to do it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, all license.
Speaker 1: I'm so jealous. Good for you, man, Good for you.
Speaker 3: And finally, Jen, thank you so much for making it on the show. Anything that I might have left out or anything you'd like to promote, Please let everybody know where they can find all of your stuff.
Speaker 6: Yeah so really, website is stardust wander Taro dot com or just google gen Sanky everything comes up. I also create Taro decks. I have a couple of decks out now. I have Stardust Wanderer Taro, which is very sci fi. There's space, pirates, gods and goddesses, all of those things in it. So that's a really fun deck and then I have another deck that's Enchanted Forest Feelines, and then the next one I'm working on is Goblin Whispers Taro, which I am obsessed with. David Bowie, Oh yeah, this is all my eighties movies. This is about we sleep, all eighties movies.
Speaker 2: So Labyrinth, Dark Crystal, all of that.
Speaker 6: So all the goblins are inspired by by that.
Speaker 2: So I'm really excited for that deck. So that's just a little bit. I'd liked it.
Speaker 1: You did a Pirates one that is really cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Space Pirates.
Speaker 3: Space I remember is the old show and showing my age Ice Pirates. Remember that movie from back in the day. Probably not. It was like pirates are out of space, like fighting over ice. It was really weird. You remember that, right, That shit was weird as hell. Yeah, that was one of those kid movies that that like stuck in your head. You're like, what did I just watch?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Right, right right? You probably watched it again anyway.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, totally dude, that's funny, you remember that.
Speaker 1: Sorry about that random, random.
Speaker 3: Thing, but uh so, Jen Uh, I guess kind of the same question. I always ask the people that are into the occult and this stuff. Uh, and you know, for people, I guess, meeting you for the first time on my show, if they have not heard about you, I guess, like, who are you?
Speaker 1: When?
Speaker 3: What first drew you into tarot, witchcraft and all this stuff? How did you get into this?
Speaker 2: You know, I've just but I.
Speaker 6: Was, you know, the weird kid in the woods looking for fee, making the spells and with the sticks and the rocks and you know, trying to find all of the creatures in the woods to talk to, you know, And then it kind of rolled into you know, media. So if there was a song, a movie, you know Stevie Nix I, you know, saw and you know she was just wonderful and fantastic and witchy, and I'm like, I want to be like her, and then it moved it just any of the movies, any reading, any you know, And I always took around. I like to say that my segue was that she was your own adventure books because like you knew, you know, and it's like then you cheated and you looked ahead of time, so you were, you know, a fortune teller that you could tell the future because you.
Speaker 2: Can look up page two and then if you die, you go to the other page. You know, I know everyone did it, but it really was that I was alone a lot as a kid. I was you know, my parents were.
Speaker 6: Not you know, parents really just wasn't fun for them, so they just didn't do it. So I was really alone a lot, and so it was just you know, anything that was weird and buerky, and I just.
Speaker 2: Gravitated, gravitated towards.
Speaker 6: And I also had a lot of friends that I talked to, and as I grew up, I realized that not everyone can see the.
Speaker 2: Friends that I was talking to. So that was that was a very big defining moment. I'd say I was probably like it's like.
Speaker 6: Between eight and ten when you're you know, I'd be like, oh, you know this, you know, they say, oh, it's your imaginary friend and everything, and they would just discredit me. But I'd be like, no, there's Susan over there and she doesn't have an arm.
Speaker 2: Something happened to her in a in a you know, a mill or something.
Speaker 6: But she's really nice to me and she tells me things and people would be like, who, where, what have you been talking about.
Speaker 2: I had this other woman.
Speaker 6: I called her the white woman because she was very pale and she would always tell me when things were getting really rowdy in my.
Speaker 2: House and to hide my closet.
Speaker 6: So I she would wake me up and she would tell me to go like point to my closet, and I would always run and hide in my closet.
Speaker 2: Nine times out of ten, somebody was busting through the door, drawn ki or both or whatever, and they can find me because she would tell me.
Speaker 6: So that was always, you know, and I thought everybody had that. I thought everybody had, you know, things around.
Speaker 2: Them like that. That real. But as I.
Speaker 6: Grew up, I got my first Tara dec when I was twelve, pre internet, so I had to learn it all by myself, the hard way, with the little White book, and you know, it just.
Speaker 2: Kind of went on through there.
Speaker 6: I was homeless at fourteen, so relying on my magic, my intuition, all of those things.
Speaker 2: It was kind of you had to do it. I had to do it.
Speaker 6: It's either I was going this way or that way, and thankfully I chose magic over you know, nonsense.
Speaker 2: I mean there's always a level of nonsense, but you know, there's always nonsense.
Speaker 6: So so yeah, so, I mean at that point on I had met my husband and yeah, well now he's my husband.
Speaker 2: He's a many boy friend at the time, and he we had a baby hit seventeen, and we just kind of went for it. We started business and throughout all that, the moon, Tarot and all of the witchy stuff just stuck with me and that because that was my base. That was always my base. So brought.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's a story right there, very quick version. Yeah, No, that was great. This is very interesting.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: You know, as you mentioned like the Witchway books, right or something like that. Just recently, I feel like you mentioned something like that where we get to choose your own adventure.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I saw that recently on some social media appor that were going on, saying that people that were big into those tended to get into like kind of occultism and spirituality as they got all the whole, which is very interesting.
Speaker 5: Yeah, them right.
Speaker 3: Over here, DC, I mean, the way they we're breaking it down kind of made sense. It's like, you know, the magician is always looking to see which way can get him to where he wants to go, and like that's what those books are basically about, you know, like trying to figure out how to get to you know, whatever you're looking for.
Speaker 2: Right, and you get into the future.
Speaker 6: You know, you go to too or you're going to page thirty seven and like, which one am I going to do? And the one that you die? Of course you don't go that way. And then it's like I feel a magical like I just I could have been dead here I am writing through that she is looking for it.
Speaker 2: Well, I will say that, Oh.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, no, go ahead, go ahead. I'm just gonna say those books were after my time. By the time those books were coming out, I was into all kinds of other things, so I was too old for that. So I missed the whole choose your own adventure thing. So I'm a little jealous now hearing this.
Speaker 5: Well, I was going to say that when you when you take those books after you've gone through numerous times and you start to become familiar with them, it almost puts you in the position of like analogous to the Watcher class, kind of like where you're kind of able to see the whole picture of the presence of and and well. And that's what I was going to say in regard to the lunar turnings. As you moved through your life, did you start to see that the moon was causing and affecting certain things cyclically in your life. That led to this idea of this lunar kind of expression.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and it was really how it affected me first. And I started noticing and I was born.
Speaker 2: On a full moon. Full moon ares, so yeah, that's fire, and so I knew that.
Speaker 6: I knew that I was born in a full moon, and so I anytime I saw the full moon, before even knowing any anything else.
Speaker 2: I noticed that it drew me in.
Speaker 6: And as I was going through different stages of my life, I always just paid a tension. I didn't know the names of the thesis, I didn't know what they did, but I always looked.
Speaker 2: I always was like, what's going on? And I would see that maybe it was like a first quarter moon or.
Speaker 6: You know, or maybe it was a dark moon, and I'm you know, I would just kind of naturally put it together like what was happening during those times? And then as I did terror readings for the public, I started incorporating that in like when I do readings.
Speaker 2: I'm very much I'm not like this is this, this is that.
Speaker 6: It's more of like, you know, we're going to figure out a plan, and you get homework most of the time. So I started just trying it out with some of my clients, Like, you know, there's the last quarter moon coming up, and you've been working towards this, what really big action can you take? And helping others to kind of incorporate those phases into their life and seeing it how it changed their life, you know. And so my clients were kind of my guinea.
Speaker 2: Pigs because I was kind of honing this and check and seeing how I wanted it to flow, so to speak.
Speaker 1: That was great, Thank you. What was it that? I guess?
Speaker 3: There's a lot of books on the moon, for sure. I think what made you want to write this book? Like, what did you think this was going to offer that other ones don't?
Speaker 6: So really, you know, I always talk about using the word manifesting and even using that on my cover because the word does have a lot of eck attached to it.
Speaker 3: I was going to ask about that word later on. So if you want to get into manifesting, that word now you'll answer some of my questions already.
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah, yeah, let's do it.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 6: And a lot of people they think of manifesting and automatically we're thrown into this universe of pastels and lights and love and you know, and I wore my shirt, my my live laugh of body shirt because it always gets somebody who's into that like stuff very you know, and.
Speaker 2: There's nothing wrong with it, there's nothing wrong with any of that. But when when a group of people are taking a word and they make it so it's they make themselves profitable, and they make it that, you know, hit word and you know, manifest in three days and you'll get everything you want. And really, if you're just making a wish, you know, doing no action, just making a wish, nothing's going to happen.
Speaker 6: And there are certain groups that are just like, yeah, if you want to manifest it, just be it. Just throw it out into the universe and the universe will provide. No, the universe doesn't give a fuck about any of that. They're like, they're going on their merry way, just like the Boon's going on. It's merry way, and at least you're actually doing something.
Speaker 2: It's just going to pass by and nothing's going to happen.
Speaker 6: So there are so many people that see that word and are like, oh, yeah, probably not going to do that. So I guess it's my very tiny, little small way of trying to change the meaning of that, not especially the meaning of the word, just the connotation of it, and that you know, with the look at it, it means that you've got.
Speaker 2: To put in some work, you have to do the things.
Speaker 6: And yes, you can manifest you can bring stuff into your life, but it's it's not going to just fall into your life. And then being able to kind of provide different tools so that you can't say, well, I manifested.
Speaker 2: And nothing happened. Well, if you didn't read my book and see all the stuff in it and the thing in all the things available to you is to make that actually happen, then I don't want to hear it, you know.
Speaker 6: And it's not lovelight, it's not rainbows, it's not light language at you, it's not beeby boom boot, it's.
Speaker 2: None of that's going to work. So that's not what manifesting is.
Speaker 4: And manifesting I'm going to butt in a little bit here too, because I've definitely got something to say about manifestation. Let's see these people doing these manifestation things and you know, writing their books and YadA YadA YadA about it, But what a lot of these people leave out these people who are manifesting all these things that they're claiming they're manifesting. Is a lot of them have a lot of privilege, you know that they are coming from. Maybe their spouse has money, maybe they're aarons have money. They don't know what it's like to be out on the street and down and out and down to your absolute last cook in the house. They do not know. And so it's and by the way, I had times in my life where I was extremely poor. Climbing out of poverty isn't just me sitting around going home and visualizing the McMansion. It took me years to get out of poverty. Hard work, discipline, magic, ritual, all of that. I had to throw everything at it to get out of poverty. And so a lot of these people that talk the manifestation, they have a tremendous amount of privilege. They have resources that a lot of other people don't have. And to tell somebody who's really poor, just hey, go ahead and like positive thinking and it's going to make you get all these things, that's bogus because it doesn't work like that. If we don't think about the systemic things that create real hardship for people and make it hard forward them to crawl out of their you know whatever. We're not doing them a service. We are selling them a pipe dream. And I like to think not only do some of these people, well, first of all, pipe dream sell, fear cells, pipe cream sell. If someone tells you he's coming oh yeah, the cars say he's coming back, that sells. But if you are someone like taking a book like this and saying, okay, well you want to manifest something, Well, here's the magic, here's the cycle shit to follow, and here's the practical things you have to do in your day to day life. Well, people do think you're a big fricking bummer, and you're not. It is you have to have practicality with your magic and with this manifestation thing. The other thing that gets me really really mad when we talk about the privileged stuff too, is they also have sometimes this advice that's so unrealistic about you can manifest anything you want. Okay, well, I want to manifest right now that I'm going to have a relationship with MAT's Michelson, because I think he's fine. First of all, in order for me to have a relationship with Mad Michelson, who is a gorgeous man, probably married. I have no idea. I would have to divorce my husband. He's gorgeous, he's rich, he's successful. I would probably have to get fit, and I hate to exercise, so that ain't going to happen, and I'm going to continue eat my candy. I would have to then move to Hollywood or where the hell this man lives. I would have to do a whole lot of things because Matt Nicholson is not going to show up at my door no matter how much I do the manifestation work. So when we also are giving people this idea and you can get whatever you want, that's focus because I can also guarantee there are a lot of other people who want to get with Mats Michelson. So now are you telling us that we're all going to get a piece of him? How does that work? It doesn't make sense. So when I think about again, some of these people who are proposing this stuff, they've got a lot of privilege. They've never been there, they don't know what it's like to be down and out where they're really able bodied, They've got everything going for them, or they have access to something that or they're not being practical. I get really really bat out of shape of it. So manifestation, do I believe in it? Yes, But do I believe that what some of these people are teaching is right? No, the secret is pretty bogus. Also, the other things that I have a real issue and that I'm going to shut up is how they say, well, if you're ill, you brought that onto your negative thinking. That is bullshit.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you.
Speaker 4: So that I never sat around thinking, oh, gee, I really want to be poor, or oh I'm so negative. I've always been a positive thinker, but I still had to crawl my way out of poverty. So that is bogus and that's my rant, and I will shut up now.
Speaker 5: Well, And to add that, I think that you know, ultimately the idea of manifestation as an artist, and I'm constantly creating something out of nothing. It's it's an alchemical process. But within the individual, you know, if the if the creator made us in the model of himself, of itself, then we are indeed creators as well. So if we focus our minds and we push towards and work, that's the thing you got to put the work in in order to make these things come about. So it's a matter of the focus, you know. And this goes back to like the book The Secret that was the big pop hit, which goes back to The Secret Secretarium, which you know is an older kind of manifestation book. But even when you go back to like Osiris, who his fourteen parts represent the parts of the moon, with one missing being that new moon. It says specifically that as he moves through the heavens in the masculine form, because he was an ander John, that he puts out matter like almost like this malleable It maybe like the ether per se, but it's it's this thing that we can as individuals grab a hold of and turn into something. You know, it's malleable. And if we look around us in day to day life, every single thing has been the creation or the manifestation of someone, you know, from our computers to the you know, the headphones, to the woods, everything that we have in existence, someone has taken the time to put the focus in to bring that thing into our reality. So manifestation, I think is just really kind of a common part of existing within the physical and and you know, we can use these cycles and and this this malleable energy that the moon is scattering thereabouts in order to you know, and what Madam Blovatsky, you know, she says the moon is the siderial lunatic and she's in that sleeping crystallized form. It's like the idea of decomposition for the purpose of creation. So, you know, back to the moon again. But yeah, I think it's just the these natural cycles within physical reality that if we learn how to participate with them, that it you know, just like agriculture planting the seeds on you know, the new moon to draw the plant up. So there's it's it's commonly just mixed in and you know, the mysteries of vices. It's it's uh, it's just the reality that we coexist with.
Speaker 1: You know, Thank you, Roy.
Speaker 3: There was something I did want to ask real quick because I saw it in the chat, and I do think I think this might be interesting for people that aren't really into this stuff that much, because I was surprised myself once I started getting into magic. Somebody mentioned on the side something about the man in the moon going on, Like why is that phrase used when it's you know, a feminine thing the coming across you know, once I started getting into I guess lunar stuff or even Kabala. There is male deities associated with the moon, isn't there besides? You know, and I don't think a lot of people realize that. I think they always think it as it's just feminine. So is that your experience that that you've have you worked with male deities that would normally be associated with the moon?
Speaker 6: Jen I have the thing, there isn't a lot of uh, you know, information, you know, and and it's one of those things like you start bringing it up and people are like no, no, no, and it's like you you try to source as much as you can. And as I was kind of going a deep dive door with all of the moon stuff, I had a lot of very science y a lot of stuff from antiguity and then.
Speaker 2: Luel It's like, we need to shorten this part up, like it was the fun part. I love.
Speaker 6: I loved doing the research. Honestly, I got so lost in the research of it. And you know, a lot of a lot of the deity.
Speaker 2: That were male.
Speaker 6: It just didn't it didn't hold because it is considered so feminine that people just just hyper focused on that. And that is really where they went with it, and I have, you know, kind of worked a little bit here and there, and then it's even nailing down the different like the names, because they changed so much and some are completely different, and that's always that's kind of one of my things too. I want to really start I want to dive into It's on you know, it's on the list of things You're like, oh, this is really interesting, and you know, one day I'll research that more. And I think that it's very interesting because just in Deity in general, people just kind of automatically, I think, conditioned to associate different things with the male female.
Speaker 2: So I even actually wanted to kind of bring in a couple.
Speaker 6: Of free in the male moon phases, and they wanted they were really more like, you know what, let's keep it, Let's keep it with you know, the female, because that's what people are familiar with. So my my hope is that one day kind of do more of an advanced moon magic book and so I can really dive into that because I think it's fascinating and I think it's very untapped and there's a lot that you can get from that and even combining and working you know, just when we work with other things, and we work with a male and female and just just even combining that and energies of that, I think there's it's just a different level of magic.
Speaker 2: I think you get too at that point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just give me a new idea for a new topic to do myself. Male deities is so smooth.
Speaker 5: The moon, well, you've got yeah, you've got addists, You've got many cosyrus. I mean, there's there's a whole plethora of deity male deities that are associated with the moon. But the thing is, when you go back into that ancient world, a lot of these ideas were very hermaphroditic and the idea. Yeah, so it depends upon that. And it's like cosmology itself, you know, depending on the angle and where it's at in the sky, it has different energy and associations. So you know, I just I think it's it's very you know, it's very just a non non sexually oriented per se. It becomes more holistic.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean it's such an interesting topic and you can really and I and I was starting to side quest a little too hard with it.
Speaker 2: I had to put it down for now and kind of get into it.
Speaker 6: But that's it's definitely just you know, like I said, just it's kind of everybody just is intersects. Like you said, like it's all just this one deity, and then once you combine that again, it's like I just feel like it's a whole different level of manifestation that you can go on and you just have so you almost have double to tap into in different energies and working with that and seeing how those energies feel to you and how you can work with them.
Speaker 2: So I think it's definitely very interesting. And I did, you.
Speaker 6: Know, touch on just you know, it's mostly just female, but I did. I did tap into some that most people don't work with and how to work for them and you work with them, you know. I have a ton of you know, recommendations too, like people want to start really diving into different different types of the deity and all that. So I've read all these other books and really cited a lot from them so that I you know, they're just trusted resources and I think, you know, that is really important when people are looking for.
Speaker 2: Books online too, and I'm side questing and you know, just citing those you know, looking at that looking at the back of the book and seeing that there's you know, eight pages of the bibliography, questions, there's all these things that means that this person took the time and read through them and source them, and then Llewellyn on top of it did it as well. And you know, I think it's really important to do that with any books, but especially when you're working with the and stuff. I think it's so important to just source your material because there's.
Speaker 6: So much stop online right now that yeah, it's kind of scary, and people are just making their memes out of it and just quoting all these things. That's crazy, and so you know, I think it's just so important to do that because you're just gonna dampen your magic if you start using all that AI sop.
Speaker 2: That's just what it is.
Speaker 4: I don't can be starting on that topic.
Speaker 1: I know it is.
Speaker 4: You will be ranting all day, all day on this podcast, will be doing nothing but ranting. You're you're touch of the hotspots.
Speaker 5: Primary I know.
Speaker 2: That's why I'm gonna.
Speaker 3: Even the bibliography of citations is even stuff I've been incorporating into my own stuff when I when I do my own solo shit, it's because, uh, for two reasons. One, if you're actually interested in what I'm talking about, you can go read that stuff and find more detail because I'm not covering all of it.
Speaker 1: I'm just taking snippets.
Speaker 3: And to show that, like I'm just not pulling it out of my ass and making it up, you know. So I think that's actually very important. It's something I've even wanted to do just with my audio, not even a book. But uh yeah, I uh, I think, uh, it was something I think you and Robbie both kind of said, uh, you know, and then then after this we'll go into another question. But I do find it interesting though that I think when you kind of like look into moon deities, if you come across female deities, there seems to be a lot explanation about why.
Speaker 1: But then when you look into the men, it.
Speaker 3: Seems very like it doesn't seem like as much as they had to work off of, but like why, you know, So I do find that interesting something maybe to think about.
Speaker 1: But uh, yeah, what do you think? Or yeah?
Speaker 3: The next three questions I had was on manifestation and you just wipe that out. So why was the moon the right framework for this work rather than some other like magical structure.
Speaker 2: Because the moon's always is always there, no matter what, no matter when you can look outside and you know with of course it's the new moon.
Speaker 6: You can't really see it, but you know it's there. It's familiar everybody. You know, even if you don't care about what the moon does. If you see a beautiful full moon, you're looking at that, or you know you got one of the quarter moons and it's the cheshire cat look, you know. I mean, people are always they notice it, they know it's there.
Speaker 2: So it's so.
Speaker 6: Easy to learn these phases. And it doesn't need to be complicated. And that's something that I have four kids, you know, we own a business and all of those things, so I don't have time always to do three hour rituals.
Speaker 2: You know, I have time to do our long spells.
Speaker 6: And I really wanted to make it practical and I wanted to make it doable. You could go to the dollar store and buy all the shit you need to do it to work with the moon phases.
Speaker 2: It's easy, and that's really what I wanted to do. Especially when people are first starting, it's overwhelming. And again go online and you see these beautifully curated feeds, and you see these spells and you see all this, and I always say done is better than perfect. Just do it. If all you're doing.
Speaker 6: Is looking at the full moon and just like I want to get rid of this and that.
Speaker 2: That's great, that's fine, hun.
Speaker 6: But as you do that, you're going to see that things might be changing for you and yournset, mindset might be changing a little bit.
Speaker 2: And you're all right, well, what things if I do something on the new moon?
Speaker 6: It's such a segue to magic, just like kind of taro, you know, is.
Speaker 2: Like the segue to divination. Most times, it's just easy.
Speaker 6: To use and it doesn't have to be complicated. So's that's why I really liked.
Speaker 2: You know, I really wanted to create this book, and why I like working with them money.
Speaker 4: So I have a question too. So you guys were talking about deities. Now, I'm a very non religious person, even though I have a lot of religious crap around here. Listen, I'm not religious. Everyone knows that. So you know, for me, with the moon, working with the deity is not something I do. I work with the moon phases and with astrology, the astrology is everything. But I've been you know, I started with astrology before I got into tarrll. So do you feel that you should work with the deity or is just doing the astrology fine? Do we need to incorporate the lunar phases or simplify? I mean, because there's so many different ways you could go. What someone like me who says, you know what I don't I'm not going to pray to a deity mass Nicholson.
Speaker 2: That's it. That's it.
Speaker 6: And you know a lot of times, you know, most people that are just starting, they don't even know what that is. They don't even and or they come from a traumatic religious background and they're.
Speaker 2: Like, I'm not working with any God, God is anything. I don't want anything to do with any of it.
Speaker 6: That's fine, And honestly I put all of this information in there for you too, again, like choose you're an advenger, decide what you want to do. All right, Well, I am gonna work with deity, I'm gonna or I'm just gonna work with the astrology of them.
Speaker 2: That's totally fine. It's whatever works for you.
Speaker 6: But I do courage you to try it at least once, you know, maybe turn it out, just see because sometimes you're like, yeah, this isn't for me, and it's not, you know, and I make it so that it's a part of your moon alter during the moon phases and all of that. And you know, even if you want to have an alter, you don't. You really, Again, these are all tools. They're just all of these things to help you along the way to organize your magic, to focus your magic. You know, you work with deity, you're just getting an extra magical boost, you know, like kind of having like a spiritual team.
Speaker 2: It's just kind of adding that a little more flavor to it.
Speaker 6: And if you don't want to work with them, or you don't resonate with that, don't, don't.
Speaker 2: Just it's fine.
Speaker 6: It's it's not gonna going to effect your manifestation because that's all within you.
Speaker 2: That is all you.
Speaker 6: And as long as you're doing that where and paying attention to how you're feeling and do and and shadowy stuff is going to show up as well. And that is a that is a given. And a lot of people don't want to fully manifest. They rather do the you know, oh, I'm going to spend ten grand on this manifestation coach, because they're going to tell me what to do. And they told me that if I didn't put in money, I'm not going to get money back.
Speaker 2: That's a that's a pet peeve of mind. And I know people who.
Speaker 6: Do that like I specificly, and I've seen them drain people's bank accounts for that.
Speaker 2: So that's such a that's an ick of mine. But if you, like I said, if you, if you.
Speaker 6: Can go to the dollar store and buy everything you need and you don't even want to work with Deity, or you print out a picture of you know, Selene and put it just next to your computer, I'm happy with that.
Speaker 2: It doesn't have to be you know, perfect, It just needs to be happening.
Speaker 6: You're taking that action by even working with the gods, are trying it out.
Speaker 2: You're taking an action seeing is does this work for me? Does it not work for me?
Speaker 6: And then you get to know yourself more as you try out all these different tools too, and that's really important because once you know yourself, it does make your magic more focused and easier use.
Speaker 4: I do like that you said that you don't just spend ten thousand dollars on a coach to manifest things, because that is so weird to be and what they're doing is they're the ones who are actually manifesting things, testing me, right, They're going to listen, Yeah, whatever your hustle is. I'm not going to totally judge that, but I would feel like that ten thousand dollars, man, I could invest that well.
Speaker 5: But they're also they're also taking your idea, your imagination in regard to what you think manifestation is in order to achieve that and manipulating it so that they can take your energetic force that is the mover of money, you.
Speaker 4: Know, like vampires.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you're looking that to them, like you you're okay, you send them that ten grand or whatever, like you kind of are giving your agency over to them at that point. And then it's like, okay, well, I don't trust myself, I don't trust my intuition, I don't trust any of these things.
Speaker 2: And for some reason they think they can trust that person. But it's just one.
Speaker 6: It's just trying to kind of get away from that. And I feel like the more we talk about what really manifestation is and that.
Speaker 2: You have to do the work, you can give them all the money you want and it's.
Speaker 6: Not going to do anything for you, you know, it's just it's not. It's they're going to send you some Google documents and they're gonna be like, look, this is a win. Look, this is a win, and it really isn't because at the end of the day, nothing's going to happen. You're gonna be out ten grand and they're going to be in a vacation in Tahiti or something.
Speaker 4: And you could have taken that ten thousand dollars, invested it and with compound interests over the years, made a crapload of money instead, which is now here's my practical side coming up, which doesn't sound very mad, but I mean, you could have done that instead, and or you could have started your own business. You know, there's so many things you could have done with that ten thousand dollars. Instead of paying for someone else's vacation.
Speaker 3: Ten thousand dollars, you could have sorry, sorry, go ahead, go ahead.
Speaker 2: No, no, no no.
Speaker 6: And I've actually tried to kind of there's a couple of people that I knew, somebody who continue she does it now, and I've actually talked to some of these clients and I just would be like, listen, you know, because she wanted me to helper but at that point I was like, this is disgusting.
Speaker 2: I'm not doing this, But.
Speaker 6: I would tell these people if you have to go into debt, if you cannot pay your bills, this is not manifesting, This isn't helping you. What can you take this money, like Teresa said, and what.
Speaker 2: Can you do with it?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 2: How can you use it.
Speaker 6: In a way that it's going to multiply that it's going to actually move you forward.
Speaker 2: What's that big action step that you can take and use for that?
Speaker 6: And once you explained it to them in a different way instead of getting all caught up up in the frills and the sparkles and the rainbows and all that, then they were like, oh, oh yeah, okay, wait, yeah I can't do that. What am I thinking? You know, my kid needs their preschool paid for the next year. I could pay that the whole year off and then I can work on something else. And so sometimes the people use lose that practicality online because they just see all of the glitter, all of like that person posting like oh here's my my my fancy purse, and here's my vacation and here's that, but they actually don't even own all that stuff. They just take it for the picture and like somebody they're poor and they're like, oh, look at my purse, and then they put it back when they're done.
Speaker 5: But that's yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Can I also say too, why is the manifestation coaches always focus on material goods? Why is it always about ugly? Let me just say this out loud. It is ugly. Why do I want a ship grown purse with someone else's will go on it? I don't, And I mean why is that always like pushed towards us like this is what we should want. It's so disgusting, Like I don't want a luxurification.
Speaker 1: I have no interest.
Speaker 4: Yeah exactly. I want peace of mind. I don't want to worry. I want security. And by the way, jug the go at five three four three, which I love your name, said, you know it sounds like church when giving these people this money. I mean something you can go ostein. What the hell do you get nothing? But he's got through giant church money. Just trust, I mean just trust that I think that stuff that well, that's spending on that stuff or or the constant like focus on I'm gonna do this manifestation work just to have all this might, well, now what now you've got the money, what are you gonna do. Are you gonna be like al Musk sitting on it being an asshole, or you're gonna take that money.
Speaker 5: And you're gonna So I was going to say that, No, not at all, not at all. When you get into the idea of manifestation and the idea of mercury and the idea of bringing these things about, you also have to realize that mercury is the god of liars, travelers, and thieves, and they, the ancient murkers, were the merchants, and they would pile goods at crossroads for mercury, and if anybody stole it, they were cursed. But that moves into the modern idea of the because it's mercury the murker, the mercantialism turns into the merchant class, which gives us the ideas of these things that we want. They're using our imagination to manifest for them because they know how to interject these things into our mind. So these are powers we have to take back for ourselves and into the natural turning of what you know reality you really is versus the things that were being kind of given to affect our sensibilities.
Speaker 6: You know, I'm just gonna go on all of them and say this is mercury coded and leave not even saying.
Speaker 2: I do what I'm talking about.
Speaker 4: But I'm like, oh.
Speaker 2: See, you don't pay attention, but it is. And and.
Speaker 6: You know, the manifesting, like Teresa was saying, how you even talking about talking about in the book, And it's not it's not.
Speaker 2: It's not physical things. It's not unless you're like trying to physically feel better.
Speaker 6: You know, a lot of the times, even when say you do want to manifest a new house or something like that, that's something then usually you're doing first, I gotta work on my finances. That could be a whole working on your finances, going through pass to try to like get that organized. The next one could be, you know, getting your house organized. And I said you to organize your house through the moon phases. That's a great way to do it, to kind of keep you in line and give you that focus because again I side quest and I'll be in my room with three hats on reading a book from ten years ago when I shouldn't be in my kitchen.
Speaker 2: You know, it's just this is what I do so, but you know, if you go by the phases and you just make a loose outline, and again, it doesn't need to be complicated. And that's really what I tried to make, really a point in my book too, is just do it. Just try it out, see what works, see what doesn't.
Speaker 6: And when that shadow stuff is popping up, work on it, pay attention to it, do something about it. You don't have to dive in the deep dark hole of nothingness and be gone.
Speaker 2: But they're popping up for a reason. And you may get through half of the moon cycle and all of this shit's popping up and you're like, oh my gosh, I don't know if I can keep going.
Speaker 6: You know what, you've done all that work prior, and this is why it's showing up now Like it's working. It's working, can keep going, you know, doc like just cook it with a stick.
Speaker 2: A little bit and you don't have to like go awful Nanzi on it. And then before you know it, you're you've really changed your mindset and you you you're learning to trust your intuition as well. And again that's such an important part.
Speaker 4: Of all of this.
Speaker 3: Sure one thing I wanted to kind of touch on. I've mentioned a little bit before with other people that on the show, but I do like to bring it up because I don't think it's something a lot of people realize too, And it wasn't even something I really noticed too much until I got into practicing myself. A lot of rituals and stuff really depending on how you're doing it. And I guess what kind of like, you know, school of thought you're from, does all focus around which way of the moon is as well, like if it's waxing and waning, it's depends on what you're gonna do. I don't know if there's anything like maybe you could kind of touch on with that, you know, to give listeners an idea of like how you would use it.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 6: A really easy thing to think about to consider is if you want to bring something in you want to work in the waxing phases, so the new moon to the full moon waxing, So even that, what do you want to bring in, Like it's that type of action you go to the full moon to the dark moon, it's waning. Waiting is really kind of getting rid of what isn't working, and that.
Speaker 2: Could be something that you were trying in the waxing phases.
Speaker 6: You just you get to that waning phases and this isn't really working for me, get rid of it, you know.
Speaker 2: And you can change it up.
Speaker 6: Then the integrating and that's again when also that mindset change you're noticing, Okay, things are changing, you're shifting.
Speaker 2: How can I work with this now?
Speaker 6: So that's a very easy way to think about it if you don't really if you're not familiar with the phases, and then you know, as you get used to them and you start to get more familiar, then you can kind of critique it and get more detailed with certain things and and kind of go from there.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Now, kind of like I also know from my own experience, sometimes full moons or new moons themselves can be used, might even be looked at a little bit more importantly stronger than others. How would you go ahead and like, you know, the full moon or new moon. Would you say anything different about that than what you just said?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 3: Would you consider like the samples the waxing of the waning just at its max?
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean I think you know there are the main kind of the main moon phases that we have that most people know the new moon, the full moon, and you know a lot of times the dark moon, like all like those are the ones everybody seems to know and are familiar with, so they do carry a bigger energy and it's the kind of the beginning of things. The new moon is the being, it's when it's coming back around and that's when you can start. It's dark like you know, ry We was saying, like this planting of those seeds, like that's when we're kind of getting ready to do that, and we're planting those.
Speaker 2: Seeds what we want to grow through the phase, through.
Speaker 6: The cycle rather and the full moon also is that release. You know a lot of times people release during that time, but you can also still manifest at that point.
Speaker 2: But sometimes, you know, you have to let go of things to bring in things. It's just making that energetic space.
Speaker 6: In my book, I actually have I want tarot cart associated with each phase, and for the full moon, I have the sun.
Speaker 2: And the moon for that balance, because I like to focus it more on that balance because again, you're in that middle of the what are you letting go of? What are you bringing in?
Speaker 6: Would we need to make space for what is the moon shining on again, those shadowy parts that maybe need a little bit of attention. What is that sun shining on you that you're showing to people and how you're presenting yourself. Is that how you want to be presenting yourself, you know, to the outside world, or maybe that shadow you know, that shadowy part is kind of sneaking in there and you need to kind of redirect, you know, get yourself straight. So I think that those are a little bit bigger just because of the energy of them. But I also do think it's bigger because people are more familiar with them as well.
Speaker 4: So I have a weird question for you now. You guys got me thinking. So you said, you have a moon in Aris and you're born near a full moon. I have a moon a scorpio. I'm born near an eclipse and near a full moon. Do you think that the phase that you were born in is where you're going to be more powerful with your manifestation work. I don't know if that makes sense.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 4: No, I mean I've always told that I should you should never do magic on the eclipse, and I'm like eclipses, So I mean, what do you feel about that?
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 6: And I do have a chapter in the end about eclipses and all of that, working with that because it's such a hot topic and people have so many opinions on it, and for me, I explain it like it's a two way radio.
Speaker 2: You know, you have your little twenty in my head. This is how it looks in my head. Anyway.
Speaker 6: It's like a little twenties, you know, two way radio, and you got your nice little jazz music plane in the background. When the eclipses come through, it's just turning that dial up a little bit.
Speaker 2: That energy is getting amplified. And it depends on.
Speaker 6: Is it a partial eclipse, is it a full eclipse? About how high that's getting turned up?
Speaker 2: And we can use that energy and it's.
Speaker 6: Not something to be afraid of because you know it's happening again.
Speaker 2: Astrology. It's all there for as long as you want to look it up. There it is.
Speaker 6: And a lot of people really are like, oh, it's chaos.
Speaker 2: It's chaos magic, it's this, that and the other thing. There's nothing wrong with chaos magic, and we know what we're getting into. If that scares you, educate yourself on it. Read a book on chas magic. Understand it a little bit, but it's just focusing your energy. You know that it's going to be that eclipse moon. That energy is going to be amplified. You choose am I going to use it? Or am I not going to use it? And I always say use it because why the hell not? I mean, why why wouldn't you?
Speaker 6: But some people are afraid of it, and it's mostly because of other people, and they go online and they're like, don't do this, don't do that, don't do that, and that is really a reflection on them and their fears, and it's like, why are you letting somebody else's you know, fears and mindset affects your magic and what you do.
Speaker 2: Decide for yourself again, try it out, see how it works for you. If you work with it.
Speaker 6: And you're like, yeah, it's a little too much, I'm not ready for that yet, that's fine. You get still work through it just as you would any other moon, and that's and it's not going to dampen your magic at all. Or you work with it and you amplify a little bit. It's your choice, but it's not something be afraid of. It's not something that's just thrown onto you and you're going to be tailspinned in you know, tower moments.
Speaker 2: I'm all over the place. I mean, sometimes they need to happen, so they happened.
Speaker 6: But I definitely don't want people to be afraid to try to work with that magic.
Speaker 2: And you're you know, if a moon is in your sign, that your.
Speaker 6: Moon sign is, and I do talk about that too, and it's very easy to figure out the moon sign as if you don't know what it is.
Speaker 2: I'm sure Teresa has plenty of resources for all that good stuff.
Speaker 6: And you know you can also like I'm Aris, so I know an Aria's full moon.
Speaker 2: I'm doing. I'm doing all the things like if I'm going to go out any moon, it's going to be that one.
Speaker 6: And because I want to, you know, I want to reach my magical potential. I want to harness what I can and if I want to manifest something big, I'm going to use that cycle to do it because I know that it's it's.
Speaker 2: My I'm familiar with that energy.
Speaker 6: I'm like, my my body, my spirit, all of that is familiar with that energy.
Speaker 2: So I'm going to work with it. It's great to work with to strengthen your intuition, to strengthen your magic.
Speaker 6: If you want to try to work on different you know, divination maybe you haven't tried or different you know, work on some of your Claire's during that time.
Speaker 2: That's a great thing to do. So yeah, utilize it, like if it's there for you, use it, use it.
Speaker 4: I thought so too. So but what is everyone's moon? And now now you know so we've already established it. We both have warrior moons moon and areas of moon and scorpio.
Speaker 5: What about you, guys, I'm Scorpio.
Speaker 2: That's moon.
Speaker 5: Ever, so I was going to say, now, when you look at the moon as far as cyclically, the odd thing about it, you know, she's called Madame Bolvotsky calls her the siderial lunatic because she rides in both day and in night. And when you look at the eclipses themselves, whenever you're going to have a full solar eclipse, that it's always in a new moon and the new moon, and you can't see it until the eclipse is happening. So there's something intrinsically interesting about that phase of the new moon and the planting and the pushing forth coming out of the decomposition, you know, which leads to the resurrection and the and the higher forms and yeah, yeah, it's uh just but as far as the deity, you know, the moon itself is a force that is prehistoric. So kind of all of these ideas of these various moon deities, either male or female, are built on the inherent understanding of humanity incurring those cycles and kind of the ideas that have been built around it into the way we think about it in moderns.
Speaker 2: You know, definitely, definitely.
Speaker 4: Take what you're moon and you gotta tell us.
Speaker 3: I'm actually in Aries and my moon is in Leo. Yeah, and I think it's also my rising sign is Leo too.
Speaker 1: I got a lot of fire.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm a Scorpio with my moon and Scorpio.
Speaker 4: So do you know the best reading I ever had in my life was from someone who was a Scorpio Moon and Scorpio, Scorpio, rising Scorpio.
Speaker 5: It's it's, uh, the well, they it's the bottom of the bucket. We're in the water, we're swimming in the depths of the darkness, so we're kind of participating with those you know, divine feminine energies that are represented indeed by the moon.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm a Sagittarius rising.
Speaker 4: Fire fire, so you're fire a fire fire fire, and then Glorpio scorpio. What's your ascendant.
Speaker 5: Scorpia, so your triple score. I'm a triple scorpio.
Speaker 4: Just my friend who did that reading? And I'm a Gemini mona scorpio and lib rising, so a lot of air.
Speaker 1: Liesome.
Speaker 4: Sorry, guys, I've been in here.
Speaker 1: I did, I did. I did want to try to get a little.
Speaker 3: Bit into U maybe a little bit transition into more of I guess kind of like actual ritual practice or things that you would like, you know, from theory going into practice when one starts building a relationship with the cycle, Like what are actual tools that you would help I guess suggest to start a relationship, a concrete relationship with the moon, you know, and I think one of them you might suggest a moon journal, correct.
Speaker 6: Yeah, absolutely, and really a moon journal to just at first before you even start anything, is how do these how do these phases phases feel to you? And recording that, like actually making a moon journal about that, I mean, you can write your thoughts and feelings on each one that's going to still.
Speaker 2: Give the flavor of that, but how how are you feeling?
Speaker 6: Because as you are starting your moon manifesting journey, knowing how you feel during the phases is really important. And then adding on even the astrology to that. You know, so so today what is today made give us Sagittarius? I think, let me look, let me looks to me, yeah it is okay. Yeah, So even looking into that and seeing and as you know, and just kind of looking it over even after that cycle's over, and taking time to learn the first half of my book is all just kind of building the practice and learning it. We're so conditioned to do everything so fast right away. The second I think it's so important to take the time to actually get to know what you're doing and how it makes you feel.
Speaker 2: We can do things all day long. We can do spells, we can do ritual, we can do all of those things, but if you're just being performative, it's not going to go anywhere. And again, by doing that, you're also deciding what works and what doesn't. And I suggest a little bit different spell work.
Speaker 6: All of that to try and see what works for you, and you can tweak it, you know, if I suggest a red candle for something and you're like, you know, I'm really feeling that blue candle today, then use it. Then do that, But why why is that blue color attractive to you today?
Speaker 3: Like? Is it?
Speaker 2: What about it is lighting you up? Why? How can you use that energy? Is that something that you can create.
Speaker 6: An action step out of and it just kind of all leads into it. If you take your time and you slow down and you pay attention to what's going on. If you do a spell or you do ritual, write about how you felt after it, write about how or you know, just to see how you felt and if it were if it seemed to work. Wait a couple of days, see if you notice any signs. A lot of times you'll start seeing signs.
Speaker 2: You know, people see numbers, colors, animals, and you see that popping up. And every time you do something, you know, make sure you know why you're doing it, just as you set an intention, why are you setting that intention? Some people set intentions that I've seen because they think that's what they need. You know, I need, you know, I need that Louis Vauton purse.
Speaker 6: So I'm setting that you know, intention for that, But why do you need that what are you going to do with it? The thing's ten grand and all it's going.
Speaker 2: To do is sit in your closet because you're gonna be afraid to take it out. Why do you need it?
Speaker 4: You know? Oh?
Speaker 6: Well I really want it because I saw so and so had it, and I think.
Speaker 2: That makes me feel rich. If I had it, that.
Speaker 6: Would make me feel that would put me in the right money mindset, you know. And again you're like, wait a minute, wait a minute, when you actually sit down and think about it for a minute, which is so stupid.
Speaker 2: I have to tell people to sit down and think right, like, think about what you're doing, because we are so used to just just doing whatever as quick as possible. So I think if.
Speaker 6: People are starting, it's just take it slow. Learn about all of these things, learn about what feels good, what does it and a think something doesn't resonate, always try it at least once, because you never know down the line, somebody else might be like, oh, you know what, I really wanted to try this ritual, but I don't think it's going to work for me, And you could say, well, you know what, I have an idea for you. It didn't work for me, but it may work for you, and it's always about passing and sharing and others.
Speaker 2: It's always it helps, and I think that's important when you're starting practice. Really and it's really the dumbest, most boring answer ever, but isn't it all. It's going the most not I'm sorry, I'm not gonna shoe unicorns out at you and confetti. It's really and you just have to You just have to just learn and start and know what you're doing and why you're doing it.
Speaker 3: You know, one thing I did want to add to something that you said about, like, oh, maybe choosing the blue candle. I don't want to get off like to science and nerdy when it comes to this, but like things that I have covered on the show, like stuff with colors and stuff with like certain herbs and you know how they actually affect your cranial nerves. I do wonder could a perfect example. Sometimes people may not know this, Like for me, there may be times where I want to eat carbs and it's not because I'm a fat ass. It's because my body's actually telling me you need sugar right now. Or I could be eating pickles because my body is like, you need salt and electrolytes, and I'm not you know, it's just an association, but it's making it feel better in that sense. Could the colored candle because of what that color does somehow telling you this is what I'm looking yes to ease, that this a feeling that I normally get with this blue candle or with these herbs that I normally smell, is going to give me the release I'm looking for. So maybe that's why sometimes you may actually pick those things over suggested stuff, because your body or your mind already has an association with what that color of those herbs are going to do for you. So I do think there might be you know, I believe it or not. When I was a ceremonial magician, I was very much to the point like everything you know, can't can't deviate. But I understand now, you know, after years of doing it. I you know, I do understand going off and trying your own thing and what worked for you, And I just wonder if that has something to do with it.
Speaker 6: That's all absolutely, I mean, we feel it in our body, and we need to feel it in our body. That's a part of our magic and who we are. And you know, all of that and I kind of god have broken down in my book mind, spirit, body, and I have that for each phase because I want you to like encompass.
Speaker 2: The whole thing. We're embodying all of it.
Speaker 6: And that is why I'm always like, yeah, try it out, see how it feels. Because there are things that we're familiar with and we might not even know why we're familiar with.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, exactly.
Speaker 6: You know there's a reason, and why ignore that, because you know what, that might create a whole new pathway to manage a magical part of yourself you didn't even know existed and until you did it, you wouldn't even know. And a lot of people have that, and again, it's it's even going back to the intuition.
Speaker 2: A lot of people don't trust it and they have. There are so many people I've met that are so intuitive, but they refuse to acknowledge it. Yeah, and you're just like, dude, you're so magical, like you could just like change everything, and they're like, I don't know what you're talking about. I want nothing to do with this, and it's almost like this is such a waste, being a waste, But sometimes I do against so you know, it's definitely. It's it's frustrating when you see that in somebody else, but we can't, you know, so we provide tools. Right again, it's providing the tools.
Speaker 6: I give herb suggestions, I give candle suggestions, I give crystal suggestions for that reason, because I wanted to light up something in your brain somewhere that you haven't used in a long time, probably since you were.
Speaker 2: A little kid. Because when we were a little kid, we were.
Speaker 6: Magical af and it was conditioned with us as we got older, and you know, and and all these people, you know, Aunt Joni.
Speaker 2: Was like, you know, stop talking about that. It's not real.
Speaker 6: And you're like, oh, what do you mean? And then you stop talking about it, and that's squashed. But years later, you might be wanting to work, you know, work with the moon, and you see this amethyst crystal and for some reason, like you're like, I absolutely love this crystal. This makes me feel so calm, this makes me And when you were little, you probably drew little purple crystals and you didn't even know it, right, like, so it does all tie together, and it's kind of going back to them, and by by working through the phases to even harness your intuition, even to harness your magic.
Speaker 2: That's something you can do again. It doesn't need to be a physical thing.
Speaker 6: And I feel like it's even more effective when you start working with just Okay, this moon phase, I'm working on my intuition.
Speaker 2: This, you know, this moon phase, I'm going to work on my divination and all of that. So as you move along, you.
Speaker 6: Really tap into that and you tackle any of these shadowy aspects that come up regarding that. You know, you may be working on Tara if you have, you know you're interested in it, but you haven't really done it.
Speaker 2: But you watched a movie and you know, Graham A Gretchen said, don't ever touch those. There's evil. They're the devil, you know. And I mean me as a kid, I would have been like, woo, let me see it. But some kids are like, I can't touch those anymore. But we may be really good at it because they're you know, very intuitive.
Speaker 6: But you know they were so conditioned not to touch them. Well, guess what, maybe now you can pick it up, play around a little bit, work on that during this moon cycle and see where it takes you.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much. That was great. You kind of touched them a little bit.
Speaker 3: You include deity crystals, herbs, oils, incense, and taro in lunar work. They are these like supports, amplifiers, gateways, essential parts of the practice. How do you look at that stuff when you incorporate that into your magic, and.
Speaker 2: It's kind of all of those, And it's all of those because.
Speaker 6: By giving you like physical tools to use, as far as taro, ritual, all of that, it is a part in helping you again to incorporate rate that whole practice into your body and become a practical part of your day. Even if you're doing if you're working with every moon cycle, or even if you can just start by pulling cards every day and it becomes a part of your routine, then it becomes a part of who you are and how you see the world. You know, as tower readers, how many times have you like grabbed a deck like I'm trying to decide between A and B. I'm gonna pull a card boom doup. It's like flipping a coin. If you can flip a coin, you can do divination. You can you know, and you're flipping poins to make decisions.
Speaker 2: Why don't you and your cancer, you know.
Speaker 6: And and it's it's when you start breaking it down like that you realize, like, oh, I'm using magical tools every day. You're you're blowing out the candles on a birthday cake.
Speaker 2: Hopping and you what do you to sit again?
Speaker 6: Sit back and you're mindful, and you start thinking about these things.
Speaker 2: I've already been doing all of this.
Speaker 6: Do you have to you know, stir your tea or your coffee in the morning three times?
Speaker 2: You don't know why you're doing it?
Speaker 6: Oh, you know what you're subconsciously, you know, stirring intentions.
Speaker 2: Into your day and you might not even know that you were doing it. So you're already kind of using these things. But I'm going to give you more stuff to use if you choose to and to try out and sometimes to have like these physical things to do, like doing this well, maintaining a moon altar again. It keeps you in that magical focus. It's it's that focusing, that magic so you can stay on task because we're all squirrelly. Yeah I am, you know, So it's it's being you on task.
Speaker 3: I think that's something I've even said myself. I'm glad you brought up the altar. I was going to get into that a little bit, but I think you kind of really touched on it enough here A lot of times for me when I used to have my ulta set up, It's just something I realized after practicing for a while. For me, it seems like all those things are just really keeping mind mind kind of on point of what I was really trying to do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I have all these associations.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to start thinking about like, you know, what is my cat doing in the other room.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. I'm going to be really focused on all these little specifics.
Speaker 3: So I think that all kind of helps, like even keep it honest, like mind fucking yourself just to stay on track.
Speaker 2: Yeah oh yeah, oh, you're just constantly tricking yourself into doing the.
Speaker 6: Things I mean, and even the way of course. But the affirmations, right, And that's another thing that people are like, oh, these are so dumb and whatever. But psychologically, when you see something repeated, it sits better.
Speaker 2: So I include a bunch of affirmations. I said, put them on your phone.
Speaker 6: There's apps that they will you can schedule them to pop up like every hour or every whatever, And just by looking at that affirmation, and it has to do with your intention, it's reminding you. It's that, oh, yeah, I'm doing this. Yeah I'm going to be successful in getting this house or whatever.
Speaker 2: But the more you see it, the more it's familiar, the more it takes away.
Speaker 6: It softens the edges of something that seems very scary. Like you know, if you just are like, Okay, in a couple of months, I'm getting a new house, and that's it, that's overwhelming, Like that's a lot of business happening.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of little steps.
Speaker 6: But if you take it and you're breaking it down and you are getting into the idea, you're envisioning it like it's already happening, it softens and it makes it more doable. It makes it more like it's already happened at yours. You've created that path.
Speaker 2: Now you just have to do the things to get there, right, So I think it more again, grounded, more practical, more doable.
Speaker 5: I have a question, So does your book go into the aspects of the dream world at all?
Speaker 2: Yes, dreamwork, Love, dream nice.
Speaker 6: So that Yes, I do have a couple of exercises in there, and I do talk about that, because I mean, that's a whole other realm of magic that you can tap into and use.
Speaker 2: And you're passed out, and so you know, I really have to do anything except either be in that dream world. I mean, there's work to do.
Speaker 6: You want to set those intentions before you go to sleep, and I do encourage people to that are starting to work with deity by trying to start working with them in your dreams. Sometimes I feel like it's a little more accessible that way. It doesn't make it so like oh, I'm lighting this candle and you know, for a hakaate and there we go, and that's it.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 6: It's kind of bringing it into that practical space, like Okay, I'm going to go to sleep now and I'm gonna put that intention. I always ask questions of whatever deity I'm working with, and most times I will get an answer, whether it's in the form of just an answer or an animal or colors again.
Speaker 2: Those color associations, those different associations.
Speaker 6: You may have had a dream in the color that blue is popping up a lot, and so you go to do the spell work and you're like, blue, why again, You're channeling.
Speaker 2: That energy, so there. I mean, there's so much you can do with dreams and then creating a dream practice as soon as you wake up. My advice is write it down immediately.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, for sure, for sure.
Speaker 2: Breathe, do not peep, do not do any of those things.
Speaker 6: Do you either do voice totext it's super easy, or you jot it down, draw a picture if you don't have your glasses on, whatever you need to do, but get it down before you get up, because that's when it.
Speaker 5: All and it's disappearing as you're writing it down. Yeah, because it's so Yeah.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 6: And the more you do it, the more you know, I feel like you're just your brain's a little more conditioned. You get a little bit more time. But the minute you start moving around a lot, it's done. So you can even if you get three words out of that, they can be really profound and.
Speaker 2: They can be used to steps. They can be used to create an affirmation or the dream work, and then they usually have to relate to whatever you're you're doing at the time or whatever question.
Speaker 5: Right, depending on your attention for the purpose of the dream.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, absolutely try it out. And that's even before you even do any of the.
Speaker 6: Stuff, you know, try drewing dream work and seeing how that feels for you. A lot of people will hard before bed, and you can even ask the question of that car dream.
Speaker 2: You take the card over at your bedside table or under your pillow.
Speaker 6: I'm for own way too much, so I lose all my cards. They'd be everywhere, or my cat would take off with them. So usually you put on my bedside table, like under the lamp. But even doing that.
Speaker 2: Is a really great way to kind of focus some questions you have, but something you are going to get stuck or again, if you have something that's bothering you, then you want to work on but you're not really sure how to. That's a great way to get answers for that.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Nice, nice one thing I did want to get into maybe before we still wrapping it up because I think, Teresa, you only have like another twenty.
Speaker 4: Minutes left too, right, Yeah, I gotta get.
Speaker 3: My sorry about that. How do you incorporate taro into your practice?
Speaker 6: You know, Tara just kind of was through everything I do. It's just how it is.
Speaker 2: But in the book, I do assign a Tarot card to each phase, and again that's just to focus your energy to kind of give you us a jumping point. If there's another card that seems to work for you, then you absolutely use that. Or if it's a card that works better for your intention, if you're working for you know, if you want to work on an intuition during your cycle, if you want to pull the Magician or the Harrifont, then do that, you know, I mean during whichever is. But it's definitely great again to.
Speaker 6: Help decide your action steps and a lot of the I have a ton of tarost s breads in there with question to kind of correct you and guide you. Again, it's keeping you focused.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm here with the you know, I'm like the mom and moan to keep you focused, like, hey, you need to do this, you need to let's do this.
Speaker 6: This terror spread just to focus that energy. Are you staying focused?
Speaker 2: Is this really still what you want? Because it can change? All right?
Speaker 6: Well, shit, everything just changed, and I don't want that it is my intention anymore.
Speaker 2: And I do just keep going because that means it's working. That means shit's doing what it needs to do. Don't stop, keep going. But you can use the terot spreads in the book to be like, Okay, I'm going to now refocus what I want to do. Let's pull some cards on it, because you don't want to get too much in your head because then again you're going to get overwhelmed and you're not going to do it.
Speaker 6: And I just want you be able to keep keeping on. So by using Taro, it's that again, that magical focus. And then if you pull a card and there's some sort of a symbology in the card that's poking out for you again, why is that sticking out for you?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 6: Why am I looking at that? Why is that plan Chet and the emperess really poking?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: Why am I? Folks hyper focused on this right now?
Speaker 6: So then this can bring you into our right Well, let me let me research that a little bit.
Speaker 2: Let me see why that's there? You know, why why is it there?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 6: That Actually if I use that, I can create a new action step. So it all like all roads leads that and it's all about you know, focusing that energy and where it needs to go.
Speaker 2: And then as you're doing it, you're also learning more about Taro and if you're going through you know, the phases and for some reason, that cycle is all about the symbology. You're going to learn a shit ton about Taro's symbology.
Speaker 6: And that's always the great thing because we're never stop learning, and that's the thing that's never going to stop learning. We think we know a lot about it, but he mentioned something and you're like, oh, danmn, I'm going to go check this out.
Speaker 2: Now, I'm going to go read about that. And that's the best part about it. And that's why I put a whole bunch of recommended reading in the back.
Speaker 6: Because I want you to go on all the side quests and I want you to get all the knowledge that you can get to be the best you can be, and to understand yourself. Because you understand yourself, you're going to understand that there's a lot better too. And once we can really understand others more, I think that just makes makes everything easier. Sometimes not easier, but at least you.
Speaker 3: Know, yeah, very well said, thank you. Did any of yous have any questions? Before I ask one more? To wrap it up? Anyway's good? Jen, What is the one thing you hope people take from this book?
Speaker 2: I that you can do it?
Speaker 6: And that again my my phrase, and you'll hearm you say, is forever is done is better than perfect.
Speaker 4: Just do it.
Speaker 6: Even if you get my book and you flip to one thing and that's a taro spread, just do it. I think that everybody needs to realize too, that that they're all mad.
Speaker 2: You're all everyone's magical.
Speaker 6: Whether you practice theatay or not, whether you do tower or not, you do it within you.
Speaker 2: So you can utilize these.
Speaker 6: Tools to make yourself, your your your magical self stronger.
Speaker 2: And I think that it's worth a shot. Why not at this point in everything, why not harness your magic. It's worth It's definitely worth it. Like, try it out.
Speaker 6: A lot of people talk to the like, you know, if it's worth trying or doing, Just do it.
Speaker 2: Just just give yourself that space to do it, and and giving yourself that grace and the time to do it, like give your take some time for yourself to teach yourself about yourself.
Speaker 1: Does that make sense?
Speaker 4: It makes total sense, right? Or you know, life sucks and if you want something different, I'll throw everything at the wall in order to do it. I'll play anything. It's like punctuay, sign me up, crystals, yell get it, Okay, wait this long, do this. I'll do everything.
Speaker 3: Why not?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 6: Yeah, right, exactly, look jug the goat nutes.
Speaker 2: You know, you never know it's going to happen.
Speaker 6: And you know what if if in the end you're like, none of the ship's for me, I don't want to do it. But in two weeks you meet somebody and they're like, I'm really struggling.
Speaker 2: I need some focus, I need some direction. You know what to do? You say, Hey, I read this book, I did this thing. It didn't work for me. Why don't you try it?
Speaker 6: And that person may open up and blossom and be the best person ever.
Speaker 2: And it didn't work for you, but you help somebody else.
Speaker 6: And if that's not a great thing, then I probably don't want to.
Speaker 2: Know you anybody. Then I probably don't want to know you anyway.
Speaker 1: So thank you so much. That was great. That was awesome, Jen, Thank you so much for coming on. Teresa.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much for suggesting her amazing guests that really had a blessed Jed. Hopefully maybe get you out in the future and sing with you. Teresa, real quick before we wrap it up, I'll let everybody kind of replug their shows and wherever they want to advertise. Teresa, please let everybody know what they can find you in all your amazing work or anything you like to promote.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you can find me, excuse me at the tarot Lady dot com. That is my online hub for everything. It'll all worlds lead there. I have a new book coming out on May fourth. It's called The Book of Astrological Returns and it covers every life cycle from the Sun to Pluto and Chiron in the notes as well, So definitely check that out. And you know, if you pre order the book, I also have a free class for folks on how to read any return chart. I'll go to my website, hit the taro Lady, hit books, hit the Astrological the Book of Astrologic Walkers. Oh my god, Marcello is you're a lover and then scroll down and you'll see where they enter the information for that free class.
Speaker 3: Awesome, thank you so much. That is really cool with that class. That's great stuff and missed up. Robbie Marks. Please let everybody know where they can find you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, for sure, Robbie Marx. You can check out my link tree which is link tree r M A r X and that'll pull up my social media, my Patreon, my podcast, my et sec. You can check out my art as well as my website. And yeah, thanks for having me on. This was a fun one.
Speaker 3: No, thank you Robbie and Jen. Please let everybody know what's up with you. Where they can get that book and everything.
Speaker 6: You can get it wherever Booster sold, Jen Sankey, startus Finder.
Speaker 2: Taro and there says I guess and I am so honored for that. And I'll look.
Speaker 6: Teresa's a book tour as well, and I went to her last one and it was wonderful when I got to Huger in person, and that's what's the best effort. And yeah, so start as Wandering Taro everywhere can find my debt wherever.
Speaker 2: A lots of new stuff coming out, so definitely.
Speaker 6: I play a lot on Instagram, so start as Wandering Taro and Instagram check me out.
Speaker 3: Thank hello, Thank you again so much for coming on. I really had a great chat. This was a bless and like I said, hopefully we'll get you on again in the future for something else. Thank you everybody in the chat. That was awesome stuff. Leve all the comments and everything said in there. That's why I go live and until the next one, everybody be will later