Speaker 1: The sun is shining, not a cloud in the sky.
Speaker 2: We wouldn't know because we're so happy inside.
Speaker 3: Some people.
Speaker 2: On some skis, but we would rather sit on down and talk some movies. We're the Avid Indoorsmen. Come listen to our show. We're the Avid Indoorsmen at home are on the go. We're the Avidendorsment. We hope you love it, so come on in and stay.
Speaker 1: We'll do our best to make use my the indoors Man.
Speaker 3: What's happening? I'm Rob Line, Chris, I'm Bug and we are the Avid Endorsment. Hell everyone, Hello, how are you? Sir?
Speaker 4: Email pal? I'm doing pretty well.
Speaker 3: I feel like great.
Speaker 4: Nothing's new to stop it, keep going, stop it.
Speaker 3: You look fantastic.
Speaker 4: I recently it was shorn. Yes, I can tell that helps.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: I don't know that I look less bald, but I don't look more bald. You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: You certainly don't look more bald. Yeah, you know, yes, it looks though. It looks tight high tight.
Speaker 4: Words used to describe me actually on several occasions, both both one of them. Yeah, no, neither are really true. Honestly, yea, honestly neither.
Speaker 3: How are you I'm good man. You know, had a few weeks off. I finally went back to work. We did the country music Crew.
Speaker 4: Yeah, how was it?
Speaker 3: It was pretty fun man. Actually Kelsey got to come out that which was cool. However, the day before we were supposed to go, we actually the morning we were supposed to go, she got super sick.
Speaker 4: Of course she did.
Speaker 3: And so then it was like scrambled to change flights. Thankfully, we were going in a day before we needed.
Speaker 4: To go in nice. Nice, so we.
Speaker 3: Had a day. Yeah, we had time that we could have enjoyed in Cosmeo for a day, but she was super sick. Thankfully, the next day she felt better. Because the travel day sucked. We had to spend a bunch more money to not have a direct flight. Get up at three in the morning. God, and yeah, it was brutal.
Speaker 4: You're like, baby, I know you're not feeling well. Are you ready for?
Speaker 3: Are you ready for? Yeah? But at least when we got into Cosmeo it was beautiful.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Nice.
Speaker 3: We actually went into the ocean for a little bit, which was nice. And that morning it was negative twenty. So to go from that, yeh, that was perfect.
Speaker 1: Time.
Speaker 4: We got eighty degrees.
Speaker 3: It was like one hundred degrees switch it was actually three, like you know, yes, just it was brutal. So we got there. That was great. The cruise was super phone. She she wasn't on last time, so it's really nice to have her.
Speaker 4: That's lovely.
Speaker 3: And yeah, one very funny story. We're doing our show. We were the last night. Okay, so they were on for seven days. They had been partying, they'd been having a good time. We're on at six point thirty and at nine it was just like and that nine o'clock show. By the end of the show, I was looking and I saw the most sleep people. Oh yeah, in one concert I've ever seen in like the fifth row stage right, there was only like six people left in that row, and five of those six people were.
Speaker 4: Out to be fair lady, probably no.
Speaker 3: They were sleep and one lady was like, mouth open just and we're doing like sea shanties at the end, and I was trying not to laugh.
Speaker 4: Bet did that make you think of back in the day, though, because that to me, that sounds like the true cruise ship.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, dude, so many sleeping folks. It's funny, but usually it's really old.
Speaker 4: And there you know these people had been put through.
Speaker 3: The late show and it was the last one, so I totally get being tired. I was like fighting down.
Speaker 4: The older I get, the more I'm like, yeah, yeah, I understand, I get it. I want to be gone. Good for you for trying, like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, oh for real. One of the nights I was planning on going and was too tired.
Speaker 4: At nine guys, I don't know. So they have changed.
Speaker 3: Oh big time.
Speaker 4: That's so good. I love that.
Speaker 3: But it was fun and now I'm back home for a while.
Speaker 4: So I love it wonderful. Well, welcome back. Have they been checking out any movies.
Speaker 3: I have been checking on some movies, Thank you for asking. Of course. Big news in the movie world the Academy Award nominations came out.
Speaker 4: Yeah I haven't even as much as I should. I love it.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I was still in the ship when it came out, so I dove into that one day and one of them was for a Real Pain. Nice. So yeah. It's the new film written and directed and starring Jesse Eisenberg about how he and a close cousin of his played by Kieran Culkin, go to Europe take a tour that went to different World War Two sites in homage to their grandmother who had passed away, and she was a Holocaust survivor. Acting was great. Kieran Culkin won a Golden Globe. He's now up for an Oscar for his performance. I'd imagine he's the front runner. He was a standout in that movie.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Interesting character too, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Just like, yeah, it was kind of all over the place. You didn't really you couldn't like put him in a box. Jesse Eisenberg is basically playing what I assume is most himself. He does it quite a bit, like yeah, filled with anxiety, kind of nerdy, kind of funny, but really good too, Like I feel really good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm with you. I feel like sometimes when people do that, I'm like, I will kind of play it off in my head and then I'm like, but that's still really impressive.
Speaker 3: Yeah, or whatever. And it all came from his brain, which is even more impressive.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's incredible.
Speaker 3: I really enjoyed the film and it's currently streaming on Hulu, So if you guys want to check it out, it's on the Hula machine.
Speaker 4: That's what I was going to use for my streamer, So head start for all you guys, it's a wonderful film. It's super fun. I'll just say everything you said. It was great. I loved it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, nice, beautiful. What was the last movie you watched.
Speaker 4: I went to the theater and I watched a movie that was not short. It was called The Brutalist.
Speaker 3: You did see it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we went went, We did get sodas. I know we talked about that on the last part, So I want to update everyone did it was wonderful?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 4: Super long movie. Uh, you know, sharp edges. A lot of people would call it unpleasant, but I actually liked the movie quite a bit. That was a joke about brutalism, got it? Yeah, well okay, well don't don't even crack a smile, no worries. It wasn't a good joke. I get it. Sorry. We talked about cruise ships.
Speaker 3: I'm right back and right there.
Speaker 4: This movie really three and a half hours long. It is long, but there's an intermission, which I actually like that. We talked about it. Yeah, three and a half hours. The intermission was fifteen I think.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what I was asking. Cool.
Speaker 4: I believe that was right, and it even like says on the you know, on the film and on the screen.
Speaker 3: Does it have like a ticker?
Speaker 4: It does, which I love that they do that. I think that's super smart. But yeah, not like a super pleasant movie obviously.
Speaker 3: I mean it didn't see it's heavy.
Speaker 4: It is really well acted though. It's a super interesting story. I was interested to learn it's not really a true story. It's an amalgamation and then like some some fun touches put on a kind of true story. It sounds like, but really interesting story just about you know, an immigrant. I don't know if they ever say where he's from. They do, yes, I think that's right. Yeah, I think that's right. Anyway, they come over after the war and they were you know, their Jews, so they you know, were displaced and they were split up from their families and all the things. And he's a big like the brutalist is a reference to architecture, and he's an architect, and it's just about him like making his way, dealing with past trauma in the new world and like where there still is you know, prejudice and things. It's very timely in that way. Interesting. We have two movies that are coming out right now about this various thing, which is kind of interesting. Yeah, I mean different, you know, parts of that story, but part of the overall story, the kind. The first half is really really good and super intriguing. The second half is also good, but just like they lost me a little bit, you know, just because it's a little long maybe or something. But super well acted. It's a great movie. It's up for Oscar, and I think it's the favorite. I wouldn't be surprised for our best picture. Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised. If we're talking about it again. It's great. Flisty Jones is awesome in it, and I feel like it's been a minute since I've seen her, So that was fun.
Speaker 3: Same.
Speaker 4: Adrian Brody is the lead and he's wifle.
Speaker 3: He seems like he's the front runner.
Speaker 4: Guy pierces in this, and I hope that he wins an Oscar for his performance. I don't even think he's I don't think he is either, but I think he is one of my favorite performances I saw that year for sure. So yeah, it is super good. It is long, it is you know, heavy, it's all those things. But I should still see it in the theater, right, I think so? Yeah? I think so? Okay, great score too. I really liked the score a lot. I thought it was beautiful. So yeah, I think you'll enjoy it. I think others will too. Just know what you're getting into. I guess sure, what have you been streaming?
Speaker 3: Streaming? I finished the whole season of land Man, which is on Paramount Plus. I think I had brought it up when I had started it. Yeah, I love it. Yeah, pretty great show. It's all done now. So Billy Bob Thornton is great. Ali Larder is really great. It's the best thing I've ever seen her do, aside from the whip Cream Bikini and Varsity Blues.
Speaker 4: Which obviously is number one. I mean, great call.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but she is like really good.
Speaker 4: So she was in it more than we thought too at the beginning. Yeah, because at first you were I think you had only seen her on like face, right, it was like the first Yeah that's right, okay cool. Yeah, And so.
Speaker 3: She becomes a main your characters lovely, but John Hamm is a small role, Demi Moore has an even smaller role, but everyone's good. It's basically talking about what it is to be an oil man in Midland, Texas, and some stuff gets glorified.
Speaker 4: For sure.
Speaker 3: The one thing that I like about this more than the other Tailor Sheridan shows, especially Yellowstone. These people are for the most part good and you can actually root for the main characters. Yeah, it's not like there's nobody you could root for. The people that you do root for are still super flawed, you know, kind of like breaking Bad or something. But yeah, if you're looking for a new show, definitely has some drama and some funny. It's worth checking out. It's on Paramount Plus. I would recommend.
Speaker 4: Love that very fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how about you.
Speaker 4: I just want to say one thing real quick about a real pain. Did you do you know that the lady in their group was Jennifer Gray, because I it took me forever to realize that's who it was. I was like, who is this beautiful lady? I was like, oh, duh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like a long time, you know, because you think of her from Dirty Dancing. Yeah, and she had clearly gotten her nose done and so then it was like kind of hard to recognize her after that. It was such a characteristic of her face. But yeah, she was wonderful. I was like, yeah, see.
Speaker 4: More of her. I want to, you know, I don't know, like.
Speaker 3: So pretty much the only person I recognized out of the other you know cast.
Speaker 4: Sorry, that was just an aside. I went again to the theater, so it's not streaming exactly, but I saw one of them days. Have you heard about this movie? This is the Key, Key and is a movie that came out. It was it looks kind of like a Friday and like a What was the other one? I said, a little like booksmarty kind of or something too, only I guess they're older. Anyway, it doesn't matter. A pretty fun movie. I had a great time with it. It's definitely like a buddy comedy between these two ladies. You know, they have ups and downs, but are both like kind of badasses in their own way while they're trying to figure things out. There's a such I'm not even gonna tell you who it is. There is such a funny cameo part in this that you were gonna love that. I can't wait till you see it because it's so funny. It's not exactly a cameo. It's a small part, but it's really really great. Tons of people show up in this that are super super fun and it's like, I don't know, it felt like I thought it was gonna be zanier than it was, but it was also more heartfelt than I thought it was gonna be. So it wasn't like that's not a bad thing, if that makes sense. But I really liked this movie. I thought was funny and I thought like these two ladies were great together and just a great time it was. It was wild.
Speaker 3: It looks really fun. Well that's good. I'm glad you enjoyed it.
Speaker 4: That's a good time for sure, and a very different vibe from the brutalist.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we didn't back, but that would have been an interesting day for sure.
Speaker 3: Yes, that would have been Yeah, but it would have been a long day, long back to backing. Yeah, anything, but it was fun.
Speaker 4: So check out one of them days. It was a good time. Nice, I will Yeah, Well what do you think?
Speaker 3: Roy?
Speaker 4: Sorry, I forgot I asked you first, and then I got scread. I'm pretty dumb. You guys can visit us as always over on the Twitter Machine where we're at the Abbot endorsment with a Z, or go to Facebook dot com slash the Avonidorsment. We're also available on Instagram and TikTok. I believe all over the place at the abindorsement there as a whole guy guy. That's the one I'm on sometimes. But yeah, come check it out. But if you really want to be part of the crew and hang out the spot to.
Speaker 3: Go patreon dot com slash the have It endorsement. It's a great time on Patroon. We love our patrons. We give them lots of perks, and one of those is getting a shout out right here. So let's give it up for Marsha Grisiac, Mary Fox, Nanette Walkley, Johan Brosta, Jackie Houston, deb Olk and Noel Flores. You guys are so wonderful. Thank you for being so cool. And another perk we'll give our patrons is an extended version of every episode and we usually do a top five draft that pertains to the movie we're talking about, and for this one, we decided to go with our top five rich kids in Movies draft.
Speaker 4: Hell yeah, this is gonna be fun. There be fun ones. I can't wait.
Speaker 3: There was. We kind of went off the beaten path, and I'm hoping I'm hoping you didn't as well, because I feel like you probably just thought of all the one side.
Speaker 1: Ah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: We'll find out. We'll find out. I don't know, Okay, but it'll be a great time. But we're here today to talk about a rich kid movie that we just desperately love. I think is the fair way to say it? Right?
Speaker 3: Do you think?
Speaker 4: Do you think it's fair?
Speaker 3: I think so.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I'm pausing because I need to look up nineteen ninety fives. I couldn't remember what here it was. It never pulled up. But we're here to talk about Billy Madison, and we had to get a man who I've seen personally argue between shampoo and conditioner in a bath. A man who has drawn on his mid torso area, a smiley face whilst in the sun while drinking a Dacre or two. Just a beautiful man. So let's welcome him. Let's bring back Maxwell Fellshime.
Speaker 3: What's happening in Maxophone?
Speaker 1: Bitch? It's good to see you too.
Speaker 4: How you been good?
Speaker 3: To have you back? Good?
Speaker 1: I've been good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I have been good. What have you been doing?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: Jeez, it's been a while. Uh playing music.
Speaker 3: Like you do?
Speaker 1: Took the Nevada bar exam. That was weird.
Speaker 4: Yeah you did?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 1: I passed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love it nice.
Speaker 1: It was horrible. I don't recommend.
Speaker 3: You don't have to worry unless you have to do that.
Speaker 4: Even if I go to Lot never taking the bar, So I'm good.
Speaker 1: You go to law school in Wisconsin, you don't have to perfect there you go.
Speaker 3: How long was that process for you? Like you, I would imagine you had to studied for a long time A year wow.
Speaker 1: From when I like started out all the stuff. Yeah, I started a little sooner than most people just because I was also working when I did it. But totally it was way different than the last time I took it. Like the studying stuff is way more advanced.
Speaker 4: So that was yeah, like actual programs and stuff, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it like learns from what you're learning and wild wicked advanced. I just had like books in a weird class before them.
Speaker 4: Sure that's cool, man, congrat.
Speaker 3: Well, good on you man. That's very impressive. U.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, hanging, I'm playing a bunch of music we've got We've got some dates here. February seventh, we're going to be in Rochester, Minnesota, opening for Nerdy at the Chateau Theater. February twelve, you'll be at the Showboat Saloon for the Steak Night Invitational in the Wisconsin Dells.
Speaker 3: And are those with the box then as Oh no.
Speaker 1: The Steak Night one is Adam Gruel and the Space.
Speaker 3: Burritos burritos nice?
Speaker 4: Yeah, nice? And then the People Brother's Band February fifteenth at the Green Room in Minneapol.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I love that little little Valentine's weekend treat for people here in Minneapols. Yep.
Speaker 1: I learned early on I cannot play a gig on Valentine's Day becaus there's a lot of problems. Next day is all good?
Speaker 3: You were like, I have learned.
Speaker 4: I do it the next day.
Speaker 1: Yes, smart, smart, good thinking.
Speaker 4: Never, I can always take every one of those anyway.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: Well, you have a website, right you or directs people to you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Themaxophone dot com. It just goes to my Facebook page.
Speaker 4: Oh that's right. But it's got all the gigs and stuff, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Someday I'll make a website.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you going it? Readirects? What what more do you need?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Go to the Maxophone on Instagram. It's all on there too.
Speaker 4: I love it. That's wonderful. Well, boys, we're here to talk about a lovely little film that I think is gonna have one of our longer quote sections. So maybe we should just get into it because I wrote a lot down. Yeah, we're here to talk about Billy Madison, like I said earlier, but Rob, will you get it started with just a rough synopses?
Speaker 3: Yes, manchild Billy Madison has been a spoiled rich kid all his life and spends his days drinking and partying. When his father, Hotel Magnet Brian, becomes fed up with his son's irresponsible ways, he issues an ultimatum. Since Billy passed all the schooling thanks to his father's influence and bribes, he must retake and past every grade in twenty four weeks. Otherwise the business will be turned over to Brian's conniving associate Eric Eric.
Speaker 4: Nice Nice read, Nice read thanks to to Roe's mottos. So, we've had a few of these lately where it's been opposite of what we expected. It's really been on a left field. This one's remember this one.
Speaker 1: I thought it was really bad when it came out. Was it really had really bad reviews and Adam Sandler was super sad about it, Like, yeah, I dount hated him.
Speaker 3: Yep, Like Cisco and Ebert. I don't think they really warmed up to him until Punchdrunk Love. Really sure, Jack and Jill No, No, But he got panned for the first like fifteen movies.
Speaker 4: It was really for them, right, I mean, guys, but you're not shooting high. Yeah, critics, I didn't love it. It's at a rock so on forty it's tough. Audience members did.
Speaker 3: It's rough.
Speaker 4: They nearly doubled that up to seventy nine, which that's even a little lower than I would have thought honestly.
Speaker 3: But I mean, you know, if you're seeing it for the first time, I mean you weren't around back then. Like I totally get it. But you know, people our age or love it.
Speaker 4: Well, let's find out what we think. It's time for our hot take.
Speaker 3: Honting, that's a hot take. That's a hot take.
Speaker 4: I got the sunburn.
Speaker 3: Now I have a smiley faced sunburn on my belly.
Speaker 4: Nice. Good job, good job, good job, good job. I would go first. I love this movie a ton. It was one of my favorites back in the day. I feel like we were like the perfect age for this movie, honestly, like it is a classic. He could do like basically no wrong to me. He was just a weirdo in the best way. Some caveats, Some of the language doesn't hold up super great, you know, like we make fun of the kid with a stutter they can't read. That's not awesome, but it is funny. And then yeah, there's just a bunch of other stuff that doesn't hold up great. But it's old, you know, So what are we doing? I don't know, it gets as we're doing. But there's so many bits in this that have been around in my vernacular and amongst my friend groups. You guys included yea that, like Honest to God, are like throwaways in this movie, and I kind of forgot they were even from it. You know, like some of them just so so fun one of and it just like the throwaway bits are so funny. And that is a literal throwaway. Is the Bradley Whitford throwing the stapler and anger and hitting his assistant. I did not remember that, and it it like the music they have under that is so fun Like the whole thing is just so funny. Anyway, I love this movie a lot. I think it's super super hilarious. It obviously hits me with nostalgia from the time, but truly, truly my hottest take. I actually have a few for this one. Why would he want to take over this company? He's living the life. What does he need to take over this company? Also, we're just gonna give him the company if he graduates hike school.
Speaker 1: What are we doing?
Speaker 4: That's crazy? And finally my last one, Eric pulls a gun on him and threatens to kill him and then gets to come to graduation. I guess he got you on the butt. So they were probably like, it's what it is. But yeah, I don't know how realistic this movie.
Speaker 3: So yeah, yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: That's my hottest take. That's all I got.
Speaker 3: Oh hot take, Buddy Scorching, very similar take came out at the perfect time for me. I loved it when I was eleven, watched it over and over and over, and yeah, one that me and my friends would quote constantly. I can't hear the word chlorophyll yes without immediately thinking moaphil. It was written by Adam Sandler and fellow SNL Tim Hurley and looks like it was directed by Tamra Davis and she did a bunch of music videos back in the day. And then some silly comedies like CB four. She did Half Baked, another movie that I quote pretty regularly, and saw that she I merely does TV.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: I was pretty ready to uh, kind of crap on this movie for being dumb and sophomoric, but just for the nostalgia and the quotes alone, I can't do it. I still love this movie. It takes me right back to when you know, almost a teenager, and like you said, Adam Sandler, he just could do no wrong for me when this came out and the CD they're all gonna laugh at you. Yeah, Like I just listened to that over and over and over and it was just like he had my sense of humor nailed down perfectly. So yeah, hot Take. I still really enjoy this movie. It was really fun to rewatch.
Speaker 4: Hot Hot Take. Hot All right, MAXI what do you got baby? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I mean it's exactly the same hit me perfect right time, as like right when I was like, oh I can like a R comedy. Great, this is so it's like it was the next like level of dirtiness that was just like that's what I want at that age, and prim Adam Sandler, same thing had all the CDs memorize them. This is probably the movie I've seen the most in my entire life.
Speaker 4: Wow, because I watched it all.
Speaker 1: From when I was a kid, Like anytime friends were over, if there's nothing we would just it would be on. And then like even through college, I kept watching it and I even had like a drinking game for this movie that we would play. So I can't remember all of them. So there was a social every time they did everyone. Every time someone said, oh do Hill rules, you had to drink. There at the end, there's the part where they're chanting, and that's like no one ever survived this whole game. Whenever the penguin was in, I know that was one of them. Whenever Chris Farley was in, that was one of them. So there's the part at the end where they meet. There's something great ones when he graduates to do a big social. But the biggest one was if you quoted it before the thing happened in the movie, you had to drink. So that was the one that ever got everyone because everyone wanted to do all the quotes and stuff. That's kept people from talking throughout the whole thing. Uh, there's maybe some other ones, but I think that was most of them. Yeah, so like all through college and then I probably watched it like once a year just for funds, like I'll put it on and I don't know, it's so good, and since I've seen it so many times this time through, I decided to at the end, I went and searched out all the deleted scenes because I I remember I had seen one of them. It was like a kickball game between him and all the staff at his house and they're playing kickball, and I don't remember when I saw it, but I'm like, oh, there's deleted scenes out there, and I went to watch him most of them. It makes sense why they cut him out, but they definitely made like, you know what, how when Nita's always hitting on him, it was much more like aggressive and moless like her.
Speaker 4: She was just going hard.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, oh, yeah, so more like way dirtier like hitting on him and then she like gets mad at anyone who's like like a love interest. It's pretty funny, it was. That was kind of the funniest plot line that got deleted. But other than that, yeah, yeah, I love that. But yeah, I love, love love this movie. And you know, you say you want to hate on because sophomore and stuff. I'm sophomore, so I love it. Yeah, I can never hate this movie. It's to me, it's it's nearly perfect. It's so funny.
Speaker 4: But I love that.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I say, I stay stuff from this all the time. And now I'm in a weird position, like since I do music, there's like younger kids that I play with and stuff now and I will say this and they'll just be like and I have to explain. I'm like, and it's so many habits. I'm like, you haven't seen mads. Oh man, guys, it's good and I have to explain this scene and it's just not good and you have to explain it and it's just like.
Speaker 3: No, you can't trust me.
Speaker 4: It's great And that's so stupid. You're like it is, but that is part of why it's so fun. I don't know, and the your generation.
Speaker 1: I think this is really probably a super offensive movie too, like you talked about. So I'm like when I say this is my favorite movie, this best movie, like they're gonna like think less of if they I'm just kind of like not telling anyone. So I'm just like, if you know, you know, if you.
Speaker 3: Don't whatever, I'm a product of my time.
Speaker 1: Leave me alone. Yeah, I definitely have like jokes that I tell people and if they laugh at it, then we can hang out. Like so it's like a kind of a litmus test movie.
Speaker 3: I think, yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Love it, love it all. Right, Well those were hot takes by everyone. Let's go and talk about our performance.
Speaker 3: Let's name the dude the dude.
Speaker 5: I'm the dude, So that's what you call me, you know that, or his dudeness or duder or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
Speaker 1: Next, so he got for the dude, that's got to be Adam Sandler. I mean, yeah, I think I'm with you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I think you're right.
Speaker 1: He's so funny in this I don't know, and he carries the movie and he's in like every scene, and.
Speaker 4: He has always been able to tell the line of like, yes he's stupid, you know, like all these things right, but also he has the sweetness about him that like you like him even if he's being a moron. I don't know, Like he does that so well, I feel like this is like his.
Speaker 1: I mean, I know, it's his second movie, because I think he did that like Overbord or whatever it's called first.
Speaker 4: Before this too. I think was it Okay.
Speaker 3: Maybe it was it was ninety four because we tried to do it last week. Yes, that's right, couldn't find it anything.
Speaker 1: It's like this and then it went happy Gilmour after this, but like he slowly like deluded himself towards like much more family friendly and you could tell he had much more like studio notes and like this needs to be more broad appeal, and it just declined for me. And this is like the one where it's just like pure like this is what I think is funny. This is so stupid to me, but I love it. It seems like it's his most pure like self expression. And that's why I love this one like more than almost anything in the way he acts in this one, like it totally got way labor And then he made a comeback recently, I think with some of his more dramatic movies and stuff.
Speaker 4: But for sure I love that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's one of a kind. Just the balls you have to have to go in and out of voices like that and so ridiculous. It's just yeah, just like one of.
Speaker 1: The deleted scenes, he's doing like pull ups in gym class and he's just doing that noise with every put up is so funny.
Speaker 4: That's great. It works every time. I love it.
Speaker 3: It totally works. It shouldn't but it does. That's great.
Speaker 4: Corrects well, nice, queen, sweet for the dude. Then it sounds like, let's go talk about some of these other proks. Let's name the Tucci the Tucci. Hello, who do you got for this one?
Speaker 1: Max? I had Bradley Whitford so good. I mean I had like honorable mentions and stuff like prag Chris Farley and I didn't write her name down the female lead, uh, And I love Norma John but he's like the perfect bad guy. And apparently this was supposed to be Philip Seymour Hoffman and he got the role and then he turned it down and like Adam Sandler called him personally to like ask him why, and he's like, he just said, I just didn't want to he didn't want to do it. He didn't.
Speaker 4: I'm just out. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then so then Bradley Whitford got it, and I don't know, I think he's great. I mean, I yes, Philip Seymour Hoffman could maybe be.
Speaker 3: I mean, he can play a mean guy, but.
Speaker 1: This dude's like so like cartoon weasel, Like he's just like over the top, like no one could ever be that bad. Like it's great, It's perfect for this absurd movie.
Speaker 4: I love that pick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so totally, yeah, yeah, I just recently saw that Adam Sandler was in an interview talking about that how he was trying to convince Philip Seymour Hoffman to do it, and he's just like no, but I'm glad you liked my audition. It's so funny. Anything Chris Farley is in, he's gonna either be the dude or the teach for me. He can do no wrong. He was funny every time he was on screen. And for sure I quote him the most too from this movie.
Speaker 4: And yeah, I love I love that's great.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 4: Teresa Merritt, we already mentioned her. She's so good.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, she.
Speaker 4: Just like calls him on his stuff, like you can tell that her and him are very close and have been for a long time. You know, like almost that mother figure that's going on.
Speaker 3: She's just wonderful, creepy mother figure.
Speaker 4: But yeah, indeed, indeed. And then special shout out to Norm MacDonald and Mark Beltzman. Oh they were so deadbeat friends. They were great. They were just so funny.
Speaker 3: They were great at so I didn't know at the time, like I wasn't into a Christmas story growing up, but that's that's so Darren McGavin is Brian Madison and yeah, so I didn't know him at all like back then, but apparently he was like a pretty big name that at the time. The one person who did not work for me at all and I always thought it was weird was the principal.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Josh, most of I never.
Speaker 3: Principle right, Yes, dude, the whole wrestling thing and a different I'm still horny just like like I never I was just like that dude, you're scared us, scared us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do love that part at the end where he's like he's like, are you okay? And he just keeps rambling on. He just like walks away. He's like, I'm kind of hungry.
Speaker 4: So great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he weirded me out since for thirty years.
Speaker 4: Another person who I mean we mentioned but who also made me feel weird for different reasons, Bridget Wilson Sampris just she was.
Speaker 3: So pretty on her Oh hugeush?
Speaker 1: Is that the love interest?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Veronica Cavon.
Speaker 1: Spy was really weird.
Speaker 3: She was, Oh, I like true, Miss Slippy, Thank you get older, Miss Slippy.
Speaker 4: Miss Slippy was high for the.
Speaker 3: Putting the glue on the face and it's like Miss Slippy in her dancing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's so good.
Speaker 3: She was a lot.
Speaker 4: She's wonderful.
Speaker 3: And then the you know, they have the hot mom you're like kind of into but then she's like the mucus queen and queen is yours. That was always weird.
Speaker 4: That's strange, strange. Yeah, there's a bunch of great people. Yeah, I think that was all I wrote down though.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Sae. Well, let's go and pick our favorite scene, and let's choose the dingus das is quite simple, really, Dingus Dingus.
Speaker 2: I can talk about my dingas all night long.
Speaker 4: Max, what's your favorite? Very difficult. That's a hard time with this one.
Speaker 1: I have three of them and I don't know so the one I want to pick is just because like I don't know why, this like makes me laugh so much, and I watch this is one where I'd like rewind it and watch it over and over again. Is when he just it makes no sense. He just does that dance on the stairs, like the music starts.
Speaker 5: You.
Speaker 1: It's so funny. It makes no sense, like it's just all of a sudden he hears music and then he does this dance and then walks away. It's so funny. And I probably watch that scene like that's one where all like like we gotta watch it again, or like.
Speaker 4: We'll just like throw.
Speaker 1: But otherwise it'd probably be like the end of the decathlon thing. I don't know if that's all one scene, and you know, it's kind of like a culmination, but I love that and and the just that whole thing we can talk about. The only other one I had was like the dodgeball scene. That's kind of like the very like one of my very first ones, like right when that starts work because he's just like his first day and stuff, and it just like it's it perfectly shows like, oh, this is an adult in great school. But I think I'll stick with the dance on the stairs.
Speaker 3: That's amazing. I had definitely thrown on there. The end of the decathlon. Yeah, that's so funny. But for mine, I just said anytime Chris Farley's on screen the who would eat thirty bag lunches and then he is just sitting there and just laughing as he's laughing too, so good mouthful of food, just laughing. And I did the that whenever I would have to like take my shirt off or something.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, I think that's the character you revert to back in the days when like you were drinking and we were in like Robin start mode, like.
Speaker 3: You talk.
Speaker 1: Ye, like when you fell through the stairs. You're definitely.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, help me, yeah, huge, huge, huge.
Speaker 1: He's your inner, He's your inner, He's like inside of you, like even he's a part of it.
Speaker 4: Absolutely.
Speaker 3: Billy Madison was the movie you've seen the most. Tommy Boy is the one I've seen the most, Bye by a lot.
Speaker 1: That's how I have.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what do you got?
Speaker 4: Well? I mean I also had the Decathlon. I'm with you guys on that for sure. This one is such a small scene on a rewatch, but I laughed at it so hard and I do think of it every time, so I guess I'll have to at least put it out there. But the flame, the flaming bag of poop, it also happens right away Oh yeah, it's so funny. And I thought that was the funniest thing that had ever been put on film. I think the.
Speaker 3: First absolutely like, this is brilliant.
Speaker 4: It doesn't get any better, dude.
Speaker 3: From from the cut, cut his dad, that's right, dad saying I sure hope he can find what he's looking for. And then it's the cut.
Speaker 4: Yeah so good. But it's like a minute and a half or something like, but.
Speaker 3: It's yeah so good, Oh dude, And we've all quoted so many of those in that.
Speaker 4: Like the old lady, Oh my god, the.
Speaker 3: Old lady, the old man, everything that they say.
Speaker 4: That's a good.
Speaker 3: Don't tell me about business woman.
Speaker 1: Oh should we just try to recite this whole movie ourselves? Oh my, I seriously think this is one. Maybe maybe I could.
Speaker 4: It's up there for sure, certainly with a little bit of prompting, I could like, yes.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The only other one I threw down was the peeing your pants bit because that was actually that kind of sweet and it was you know, had all the ghost quotes with that as well. And yeah, the Sloppy Joe scene, just because I cannot think of anything else when Sloppy Joe's are mentioned. I made him extra sloppy. Yeah, so so good.
Speaker 4: As someone who worked throughout my school time, I said that as a lot, a lot, and I never felt bad about it. Yeah, did you guys know I was voted favorite lunch lady of the two thousand and two senior class. That's that's not a joke.
Speaker 1: In high school, Wait, how do you you they had students working as lunch lady.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I worked with my My mom was a lunch lady and I worked with her and me and another guy and we worked there, I don't know, for like four years or something.
Speaker 1: That's inconceivable if that happened in our school, like they would get either heckled or they would give away so much.
Speaker 4: Stuff like oh yeah yeah, yeah, I was out like a little We had this. It was like you get burgers and like candy and stuff. That's where we worked. It really wasn't a big deal, but yeah, they as a joke. They voted me a favorite lunch lady when I was a junior, and I liked it nice.
Speaker 1: Is there pictures of you wearing the uniform and stuff?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Probably somewhere. I had to wear a hairnet and that's when I had lots of Oh yeah, I want to see those pictures so bad. I'm sure I have them somewhere. I'll try to dig them up next time i'm home.
Speaker 1: Put them into the episode right here.
Speaker 4: I don't think I'll make it all of them, but maybe we'll see. But yeah, I wore a hairnut and I had just all the hair at that point.
Speaker 3: And so lunch Lady Land, when Adam Sailor did that, you must have loved that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, I didn't listen to his albums as much as you guys did, so, but yes, I did know about it, and it was talking about a lot, so yeah, sure, anyway, that's neither here.
Speaker 1: One of my go to karaoke songs is medium Pace. They rarely have it at karaoke, but if they do, amazing because it starts out so beautiful and slow and no one really knows. Maybe you'll see a couple of people be like oh no, but then he goes from zero to like a hundred in one.
Speaker 3: Sentence, and it's amazing.
Speaker 1: From that word on, everyone's like what.
Speaker 3: Yeah. If they don't know what it is, it really tracks. It's really funny.
Speaker 1: It's hard if you don't know what it is.
Speaker 4: Wonderful. That's a watful. I want to do karaoke with you so badly. Okay, any other scenes we feel like we have to bring up. There's so many little.
Speaker 3: Bits in this, but I mean I feel like, so yeah, so many things are gonna come up in quotes. But I feel like we all kind of talked about the end of the Catholic and I feel like that's probably like then for that, the climax for that. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Nice. Well, let's move on to this quote section.
Speaker 3: It's time to show me the money, Show me the money, show me, show me.
Speaker 4: Show me. Uh well, Max, you might as well say a few, because I have a crap ton, so go for it.
Speaker 1: Oh man, there's so many I'm gonna like. So some of the ones that I think are like I could quote this whole movie and I do it all the time. One that I do all the time, especially like when playing music, if anyone like plays something awesome, I just do that one where he's like, he's good, it's all crappy and.
Speaker 3: Then he's just.
Speaker 1: I do so many times that one. The one I do a ton is like it was it's like an eight R line, but it's like there's a part where his buddy he's like talking to his buddy and as at one of the graduation parties and he's just spraying this kid with oh my god, I talk about all the time in the in the eight r is the kid going like are you mister.
Speaker 4: Mister?
Speaker 1: I say that all the time when like weird people.
Speaker 4: Say so many of these I don't even know you. It's like so fun that yeah, yeah, that's.
Speaker 1: You want some of this milk sideburns. I say that a lot o Yeah, obviously the goo I throw a ton of goozer very often anytime I'm like like saying the letter are or if I can't im like are you going to the.
Speaker 2: Time?
Speaker 1: And then I always finish it. Yeah, I always finish it. The other ladies will.
Speaker 4: I'll be a snack pack.
Speaker 1: I do that one a lot. I do a ton of like I'm glad I called that guy and I'll let someone else read the whole quote from the principle, but like that one, that one's perfect for it. And that dude is a writer from Sara Night Live. Like you can tell I can't remember his name.
Speaker 3: Isn't that downy?
Speaker 1: Isn't that that might be might be, but he I know, he helped write skits on his albums, and then he's also in a bunch of like Norm McDonald movies and stuff, and he was like he was the dude who is Jack Handy? And yeah, yeah, yeah, you can tell that line is like a writer's line. It's so eloquent, but like it's so funny and just so skate.
Speaker 4: Well, there's some funny that'll come up later that's really fun.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Those are kind of the main ones I got, but like this whole movie, like I don't know, it's like infinite, so many quotes that I use all the time, and it's just like any there's like certain things that trigger some of them or situations and it's like automatic, like I just it just happens. It's in my subconscious, so do this is one of things like if I have dementia, I'll remember songs and probably quotes from this movie like those are burned in way deep in the.
Speaker 4: Scenes, and I'm such like a parrot about it because if someone like you said, if someone says like are you know or something like, I'll just go right into it right like that's the on rap into.
Speaker 1: You know, Like I said, it's weird. I'm never like around people, not that many anymore, who finish it or know it. So it does lead these really weird parts where I say this thing that makes no sense, and like these, what.
Speaker 3: Why did you say that makes sense? You're scaring us? Yeah, dude, pretty much. I don't say it very much anymore, but I used to a lot, and it was that Veronica fun. It's one P eight I know from experienced dude, if you know what I mean, I know you don't, well, not me personally, but a guy I know him and her got it on. Wait, No they didn't know. They didn't. No, no, they didn't, but you could imagine what it'd be like if they did. Right, everybody on good, great grand wonderful.
Speaker 4: No yelling on the buck I'm screaming. No yelling on the bus always got me too. I loved it so much.
Speaker 1: I have a Mendela effect on that one. I have been forever saying great Grand trick of the day, and I watched it again. Oh that's way wrong. I don't know why that was that one, but I was like, oh, that's completely wrong. I've been misquoting.
Speaker 3: That one for so Yeah, that's funny.
Speaker 4: Does he say that about the banana later?
Speaker 1: Grand wonderful? Oh he does, that's where it comes from.
Speaker 4: I wonderful today. That's funny.
Speaker 3: Hey, look, everybody, Billy Peter's pants. Of course, I peed my pants. Everyone my age piece and pants. It's the coolest. Really, Yes, you ain't cool unless you pee your pants. Hey, look, Ernie Pete his pants too, all right. That kid is so funny, by the way, that little chubby kid.
Speaker 4: Yea, he was gres.
Speaker 3: He was so funny. Dude, yeah, so funny. And you can just hear like, yeah, but the if your pants is cool, consider me Miles Davis. Guys, that was the grossest thing I've ever heard in my life. That was great Today was always hor And then he gets the ear bowl and he's going on and on about it he can't hear, and then it ends with so hot I want to touch the heine. That was always I swear to God, I'm sick. I can't go to school. If you're going to stay home today, you can help me shave my arm pits.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I'll go to school.
Speaker 3: Oh just the back to school, to school to prove to that that I'm not a fool. Yeah, I did that all the time. If there is any attempt for either contestant to cheat, especially with my wife, who is a dirty, dirty tramp, I'm just gonna snap. That guy's whole backstory is amazing. And then when you look at the decathlon, like the Jeopardy categories and it's all like my wife Trump and there's like six of the categories about his cheating wife. And then I'll end just with oh my god, old man Clement's hate sheer he comes, Who the hell is it? What do you want? Judas Priest Barbara, it's one of those flaming bags again. Don't put it out with your boots, Ted, don't tell me my business, devil woman. Call the fire department. This one's out of control. Back poop again, he called the poop. This is the best night of my life. Oh get you damn kids for this.
Speaker 1: You're all gonna die up to that.
Speaker 4: He's like, you're all gonna die, like he puts the the schwab before it.
Speaker 1: Dron like that costume on that guy is so funny, perfect, it's so good, so good.
Speaker 4: Gee, I can't wait till I go to high school. Don't you say that don't you ever say that, stay here, stay as long as you can. But the love of God, cherish it.
Speaker 3: You gotta cherish it. You know, the cheeks just like.
Speaker 4: Oh my God, it's so good, so very intense, really really good.
Speaker 5: God give me.
Speaker 4: The answer is really great. I love that anytime he.
Speaker 3: Just screams basically, it's also she puts the clothes back on.
Speaker 4: Yes, Also the beginning part when he's like I think Eric says some snotty line to him and he's like a shut up, and then he's just like sawry Daddy, I always cracked it up.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 4: The line that we haven't said, that we've all you know, danced around is the mister Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever heard. At no point in your rambling incoherent respond were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now tummer for having listen to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul. Okay, that's simple wrong, would have done just fine. But okay, the.
Speaker 1: Last sentence is what makes it so funny for me. Make God have mercy on yourself and.
Speaker 4: Make God have mercy on your soul.
Speaker 1: In my brain, I do the shampoo line every time I use shampoo every time.
Speaker 3: Every time. I love it.
Speaker 4: Every time shampoo.
Speaker 3: My wife.
Speaker 1: My wife has a friend whose last name is Swan, So every time I see her, I like, stop looking at me.
Speaker 3: Every time looking at me. That might be the quote of the movie, like a million times's like, yeah, never gets.
Speaker 4: Old, stop looking at me. Also, when they break out in song, it's so funny because you can break a speirit. You can even do you have any more? Come?
Speaker 3: More?
Speaker 4: Come more?
Speaker 1: Come more?
Speaker 3: Come more? Come?
Speaker 4: Do you have any more?
Speaker 3: Come? When the clown gets up, I bet you thought that I was dead. I haven't ridged my head.
Speaker 4: So good. I love that whole scene. I should have said it actually for that. Let's see. Uh so it's the last day third grade and you have your teacher alone in your tent. What do you want to do? Well? I can think of three things I'd like to do. One would involve some ice cubes and a nine iron. Two would in club, would include a buffalo, really live or stuff preferably stuffed for safety sake, of course. And three we bring back those ice cubes and switch it over to a pitching wedge and then just just to crack me up.
Speaker 1: What did you imagine they were doing that stuff?
Speaker 4: I have no idea hitting ice cubes with the clubs. I don't know they wanted a little more water. I don't know.
Speaker 3: But dude, when Carl then comes in, I say that, good Car, I say that quite a bit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yes, Carl, good to see you. Absolutely comes up. Oh that's really fun.
Speaker 3: Another one that I would say quite a bit is.
Speaker 4: Did you see that guy's bills?
Speaker 3: Yeah? They were weird looking.
Speaker 4: Uh, that silly penguin is back. It's too damn hot for peng Wind just be walking around out here. I got to send it back to the South Pole. Call the zoo.
Speaker 1: Very often, do the business, yess.
Speaker 4: Also Newdi magazine day was a lot brote mye a lot magazine? What day is it?
Speaker 3: October's magazine?
Speaker 1: So there's this one outtake scene that was really weird there. I don't know. I just thought of this, probably because of the pigeon dunch things. But they were like in it was in grade school and they were in a locker room like changing like gym class and Ernie's all like covered up, and there's like one of the o'doyle kids and some of the other kids are like making fun of him or whatever. And then Billy comes in because they're like making fun of him because I guess because he has a little wiener. And then Billy Madison comes in. He's like hey, and they're all like staring, and he's like, what's up, dude, how's it going? What's up? And then this little like nerdy African American kid walks by and they're all like looking at him, and then Billy Madison like shies away into the locker.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: I think they kind of because it was weird to beat him with kids making it room.
Speaker 3: So funny though, Yeah, it makes sense why that is really funny.
Speaker 4: That's really funny. Another one I really liked was the old lady when she's just just like, what is a horseshoe? What does a horseshoe do?
Speaker 1: Already?
Speaker 4: Horse socks? Is anybody listening to me? So good?
Speaker 1: I do that, anybody?
Speaker 4: It's just so dominant. I love it so much.
Speaker 3: I'll turn this damn bus around. That'll end your precious field trip pretty damn quick.
Speaker 4: The redness that he achieves and that is really he's just like in his mouth. Ah, we mentioned chlorophyll at the top, but that line is so good. And then when he follows it with you, No, I will not make out with you.
Speaker 3: I learn not to make out with you.
Speaker 4: Whatever I said so many times in inappropriate moments. No, I will not make out with you. It's out of nowhere. Love it. Oh, really good stuff. That's a lot the schloppy. Joe's kind of said that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we kind of mentioned that. There's something we've mentioned already, but oh my god.
Speaker 4: It's just just watch the movie.
Speaker 3: I like them all, watch them. Well, let's let's move on. Let's move on to bugs boohoo moments, the crying game. I probably should have put one in there because maybe back in the day you found some stuff I can't admit. I mean, it's usually this last time. So that's why I'm going with zero.
Speaker 1: Yeah, me too, I'm gonna be super shay. Yeah, I'm just trying to think if there's even any maybe like the Ernie where he have oute but that's the only thing that.
Speaker 3: Is funny though.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I was worried before watching this. I'm happy to report it was none. It feels appropriate that there's okay, yes it does. I feel like we'd really have to be looking ourselves in the mirror a little bit for like, what are we doing here?
Speaker 3: Pal, come on now?
Speaker 4: But yes, there was a nun. This is a zero. Let's go through and get some movie trivia thoughs. There's quite a few of these. During the school bus scene, Chris Farley turning bright red in aggravation was improvised, and according to Adam Sandler, Chris, before filming the scene, down six entire cups of espresso, and he would do that in most of his other movies to maintain his trademark manic energy.
Speaker 3: I had heard that with Tommy Boy too, like he would just have like fifteen cups of coffee and just like he was just crazy.
Speaker 4: I would die, I think, yeah, yikes.
Speaker 3: But well they only got to thirty three true.
Speaker 4: Chris Barley's quote the good, great grand wonderful is the same quote that his character gave in Airheads, which we the aforementioned, which that was fun, uh turing the dodgeball scene, which we maybe should have brought up to because that was pretty funny. Now you're all, that's right, you did? Yeah, yeah, now you're all in big trouble. Adam Sandler hit the kids with the dogball as hard as he possibly could. They had to edit away to cut away quickly after each hit, so they didn't show the children crying.
Speaker 3: So bad. It's so bad, but it was so funny.
Speaker 4: You can tell he's given it.
Speaker 3: He's given it as all for sure. But just the were like, well we got to and it wasn't any like nut shots, Like he was just getting these kids in their legs.
Speaker 1: And I just have another quote we never texted me when she reads that story about a dog.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, you get your find that talk. Yes, let's get a recess or whatever. Time for recess?
Speaker 1: Uh colors the duck blue?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I love the blue tuck. Frankly, I just wanted to see a blue tuck. She's like, it's a great talkastic.
Speaker 3: Yes, but miss Slippy's car is green. Okay, sorry, but.
Speaker 4: The kids did I have one more? After he did hit him like crazy with with the dodgeballs. But the kids did love to play with him, often jumping and tackling him and stuff, so they were having a nice time. I guess so. Bradley Whitford apparently has never seen this movie after it was released, or didn't for a while, and according to his brother, people would just often walk up to him and shout business evics, and he said he was very.
Speaker 3: Love for a while. Oh dude, he's had this whole run like West Wing and like.
Speaker 4: Adam Sandler said that Billy is the closest I've ever come to playing myself, which is brave to say, honestly.
Speaker 3: But yeah, that's kind of what Max was too.
Speaker 4: Though he co wrote the script, Adam Sandler also ad libbed a lot of his performance. Uh and the director Tamara Davis said that it was important to let Adam be Adam and choos right. They nailed it. When Billy Madison apologizes to Danny McGrath for being mean to him in high school, Danny crossed Billy's name off the people to Kill list, you know, the eight other people left on the list, well crew members of the movie. So I thought that was fun.
Speaker 3: I love that, And we didn't even mention Steve Bmi. He was so great and then he just puts the lipstick on. You're like, yeah, yeah, really, Glad, I called that.
Speaker 4: Guy, call that guy in the famous insult that the academic to Caathlin Judge gives to Billy after giving his speech, he tells him everyone in this room is now dummer for having listened to you. Jim Downey would often say this for real, apparently to Chris Farley whenever he pitched sketches in the writer's meetings. So that was a lie that you would say, which I think is really funny, especially having heard like David Spade we'll talk about Chris would be so nervous before those pitch meetings and would try to come up with something funny and it just never was, I guess, and it was all like a running bit, really great stuff.
Speaker 3: Let's see.
Speaker 4: In real life, Adam Sandler's mom is a nursery school teacher and this is her favorite movie of his way to go Mom, okay a get lunch, Lady Land. We already mentioned from They're All Gonna Laugh at You. One of the students mentions the video game Mortal Kombat, which is a funny scene in himself. But of course Bridge in sanpri Has plays Sony Blade in the film adaptation in ninety five, Mortal Combat was great and I'll hear nothing nothing against it ever, Unlike Billy Adam Sandler donkey come sucks. I disagree. I think it's like the most coherent thing he says ever in the whole movie. Unlike Billy, Adam Sandler went to NYU for college and he studied the method acting at the Strasburg Institute.
Speaker 3: So that's so nil that he did that before and then he does is yeah they do.
Speaker 4: I hate Kershieven, I hate all of you. I love that line so much. Oh god, the whole when he's talking gibberish and he's like, nice to see you, Billy, and he's like cabba he.
Speaker 3: Yea, look, it's so great.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was all I have. Cool. So, Tamar Davis was not the original director. Stephen Kessler was hired at Sandler's request. He began the film and after three days on set, Kessler was fired because they couldn't get any good material out of Sandler and they were running behind. So yeah, Universal brought in Davis because they liked her work on CB four.
Speaker 4: It worked. Yeah, I could see this crew not being easy to work with, you know, for everybody, so that makes yeah.
Speaker 3: Charles Bronson turned down the role of Billy Madison's father. Wow, it'd be interesting. Can't picture that really? Sadler originally wrote the role of Eric for Bob oden Kirk, but Universal wouldn't allow it. They didn't want Adam to use the movie as an excuse to invite all of his friends, which he would later do in all the other movies You said the Philip Seymour Hoffman bit Leslie Nielsen was offered the role of Brian Madison, but he disliked the film's humor and past interesting. Bridget Wilson Sampress was only twenty years old during the filming, and Universal thought she was too young to play Veronica. They wanted a slightly older actress to play the role. Carla Gugino was suggested, but Sadler felt he had more chemistry with Wilson Sampress. That was all I had. Cool, Did you have anything else?
Speaker 4: Max? I know?
Speaker 3: Uh, well, will there be a sequel?
Speaker 4: Judgment day not a direct sequel, but maybe they're making Happy gilmore too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. I feel like he's like I don't know if he would touch this one, but like he's pulling out, Like I feel like he's moving towards like dirtier stuff. Maybe it's now that his kids holder or something like in his later years, I'll go back to it. And if he's doing happy Gilmore too. I mean maybe what would the plot I feel like to be going back to college or something, going to.
Speaker 4: College, back to college, like he's been rolling the.
Speaker 1: Company and he's going to go get a college degree.
Speaker 4: Yes, sounds fun.
Speaker 3: It'd be like back to.
Speaker 1: School with Rodney Dangerfield kind of like some some like but one of my.
Speaker 4: Karen, you know, foreign conglomerate is going to buy his father's business unless he gets a college degree and figures out how to say or something.
Speaker 1: Or like now Carl's dying, so he has to actually take the company. Good to c was that part of it was he was giving Carl the company.
Speaker 3: And he was he was going to be a teacher.
Speaker 1: Maybe can't get his he can't like get his teaching degree until he gets this goes to college. Sure, that'd be funny, like he's all like straight and normal now and then he goes back to college and drinks and reverts to like old Billy and then has to fight his way out.
Speaker 4: To find your joy again, Billy. They just hand him sun tan and he squirts a smiley face on his belly. It's like I'm ready.
Speaker 3: I'm ready. Yeah, i'd watch it.
Speaker 4: I'll check. We can figure something out something where it would work.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well, uh you guys want to play a game. Yeah, I made a game. We did a quotes game. I decided to make a quotes game.
Speaker 4: Guys.
Speaker 3: I don't remember what we ended up calling it. What were we calling it? Bukes something? Uh So, I'm going to say a quote from a film, and I want you to give me three things. You're gonna give me the title of the film, the actor who said it, and the character name. Uh So, you can get three points for each quote. If you get any of those wrong, you don't lose any points, but the other person can come in and answer for those points. All of these from a bunch of movies or just this one. Oh, it's from ten different movies, and all of them will have something in common. When you know the theme, you can ring in at any time for a point. So here we go, nam, Oh yes, you ring in with your name? Thank you? Good so I know he was ringing in. Good call you guys. Good to go.
Speaker 4: Yes, all right, let's do it.
Speaker 3: Number one. Am you people go back to your shanties, Bukes, Bukes.
Speaker 4: That's Shooter McGavin from Happy Gilmore.
Speaker 3: And the Accurate.
Speaker 4: I can't remember his.
Speaker 3: Name, but yes, you have those right five Chris four?
Speaker 4: I remember what I should know it?
Speaker 3: What Pepe pete? Max?
Speaker 4: You know it?
Speaker 1: I want my brain, says Chris McGovern. I don't think that's right.
Speaker 3: You're close, you got You're close. I'm gonna give Max half. I'm gonna give you two points. Uh it's Christopher McDonald donald.
Speaker 4: Oh what's Chris though? Hey, look at it?
Speaker 1: Done right.
Speaker 4: I'll take that.
Speaker 3: You got it?
Speaker 4: People go back to your shafties. We had him do a cameo for us Max when we did Happy Gilmourt was the best, the best we did. It was very expensive.
Speaker 3: He still goes all out on shoot with Shooter McGavin. It's great. Was it like it was a couple. It was too It was more than we should have spent, but we really want.
Speaker 1: I had some friends for like their cey to release show. They got one from Gilbert Godfred so he put a He just yelled, yelled about their band.
Speaker 4: That's really cool.
Speaker 3: That's pretty great. All right? Number two? Are you keeping score? Beats?
Speaker 4: I got it?
Speaker 3: You got it cool? All right. Number two, that's something that could have been brought to my attention yesterday.
Speaker 4: The wedding singer Sandler.
Speaker 3: Correct, it's a.
Speaker 4: Bobby Heart. It's definitely hard.
Speaker 3: It's very close.
Speaker 4: Oh, I got it, man, Bobby.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what what is it be? It's hard. We'll give you all three.
Speaker 4: Rob These Sandler movies, is that what we're working with.
Speaker 3: They're all Adams Nice. Yeah, so you got another point, but I mean it was pretty easy. Let's go to number three. I am very very sneaky, sir Max Max, uh.
Speaker 1: Mister Deeds.
Speaker 3: Yes, the character it's John cro Nice. I would have never don't.
Speaker 1: I don't think character is I'm not going to think of it.
Speaker 3: You definitely got those two rights. I don't know Dukes. His name was Emilio Lopez.
Speaker 4: That was not up here at all for me.
Speaker 3: I was going to say the butler. Yeah, yeah, two points, all right. Number four, I just want to make people silky smooth, Max, Max.
Speaker 1: Nobody messes with the Zoe Hand.
Speaker 3: I'll give you that. It's you don't mess with the.
Speaker 1: Okay, said by Zoe Hand played by Adam Sandler.
Speaker 3: Boom, Three points.
Speaker 1: I love that movie so much that's one of that one I think is like another one where he got to do whatever he wanted and like wasn't.
Speaker 4: A crazy.
Speaker 1: Bananas and it tells you like you think it's normal at first, and then it like just like flips realities out the window and you're like, oh, okay, that's what this is.
Speaker 3: And then he catches a fish with his butt cheeks.
Speaker 1: And the guy runs on the ceiling and like defies grab.
Speaker 4: Like an Israeli army like or something doing crazy.
Speaker 3: All right, where are we going to? The number five?
Speaker 4: I've got six Maxes five and a half.
Speaker 3: This is close. This is close, you guys, and some of these are tough. Number five. I float his boat, he sinks mine. I float his boat, he sinks mine. Five four three yuks, two mugs.
Speaker 4: Punch drunk love No Adam Sandler.
Speaker 3: Five four come on, let's go. Yeah it is Adam Sandler. He gets a point. Do you have any guesses? Max? With that kid?
Speaker 1: Probably what's it? I don't know what it's called Adam and Steve, Oh, it's not Adam. It's the one with the chuck.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's right, that's one of them.
Speaker 1: I've never seen the movie, but yeah, I now pronounce it.
Speaker 3: You chucking there. I'm gonna give you chuck because that is who said it nice, that's the character. But I'm not going to give you Adam and Steve because it was I now pronounce you checking.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, I never seen the movie. I know the concept of it.
Speaker 3: I did it just because I can't quote that movie. But that one sounded like you know, you know it's Kevin James.
Speaker 4: That movie. It's interesting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not my favorite.
Speaker 4: There's one really anyway?
Speaker 3: Which one was that one?
Speaker 4: Boats? Yes? Go ahead, yes you are number sold boats specifically.
Speaker 3: Max uh bes gonna get this one really fast, so just be ready. It's never six. Nothing beats a first kiss.
Speaker 1: Max, Max fifty first states.
Speaker 4: Yeah, damn it him up.
Speaker 1: I just jumped it either get no, not said bye, Adam Sandler, it's not okay, it's not okay. Scoop it up. Blea grew very more.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then do you know where her name? Well?
Speaker 4: Max should technically get a chance first?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Max, you know the character? What?
Speaker 4: No, No, okay, what the hell is it? Uh? Lucy Lucy?
Speaker 3: You got it? Maxcot want Lucy whitmore? Yes? Max got one, and you got to.
Speaker 4: Sean asked, so funny, and then so I was trying to come like do one of his quotes supplement. Yeah, that'd been hard though, probably tough, especially without the lisp.
Speaker 3: Right, let's go. Number seven. Temper is the one thing you can't get rid of by losing it, Max, Max anger management by.
Speaker 4: So much.
Speaker 1: Jack Nicholson, Yes, do.
Speaker 3: You remember his name? You'll remember when I say it. You're like, oh, yeah, but Bukes, do you know what his character name? No, I don't think I too, doctor Buddy Rydell.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh, yeah, but I wouldn't have thought. Oh I watched that one quite a bit. That was probably that was probably the last one of his like goofy comedies. Yeah, yeah, yeah, all right. Number eight, No son of mine is going to play any foosball Max.
Speaker 4: It's pretty close on the edit that I'm gonna the water boy. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Kathy Bates, Yes, yep. Mama, mama, mama.
Speaker 1: Maybe they said it at the end when like her husband came back.
Speaker 3: When you look, when you look up the quotes, it's under So that's three for Max. Nicely done. Max is winning some high quality H two.
Speaker 1: I mean, really focus my thoughts all right.
Speaker 3: Let's go to number nine. I wipe my own ass.
Speaker 4: Bukes, Bukes, big Daddy.
Speaker 1: Yes, I mean I don't remember these actors.
Speaker 3: I know, dude, can you remember the character name though?
Speaker 4: Yeah? What is it?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 4: Three? Godzilla one? Forget what? Forget what he names?
Speaker 1: You know he named himself a weird name.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Oh, I just came up with it, damn it.
Speaker 1: No, I don't know. I can't think of it.
Speaker 4: I don't know the twins that played him though, either.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think I would have gotten one of their the first name, but it's Cole or Dylan Sprouse. And for whatever reason, Dylan was in my head.
Speaker 4: And Frankenstein was his like pretend name.
Speaker 3: Right close Julian nice? Nice?
Speaker 4: Nice?
Speaker 3: But I think daddy? Yeah, yeah, you got and got the one point? So where are we going into number ten?
Speaker 4: Maxus twelve and a half. I have ten? So I.
Speaker 3: Oh, man, number ten. This is me. This is how I win.
Speaker 4: Bukes Bukes, uncut him, cut jobs cut Joms Adam Sandler, Yes, I know what his name is?
Speaker 3: No chance, Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Lexi or something. I know.
Speaker 3: No, do you have any guess on what he.
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: I would have never gotten that his name was Howard Rattner.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, close.
Speaker 3: So Max got it by half, got it by half twelve and a half. You absolutely deserve it. But do you want to know what the bonus is that I'm going to give you the bonus? I've never seen so many dead hookers in all my life, Max.
Speaker 1: Dirty work.
Speaker 3: Yes, I did it because I knew Max would get the bonus.
Speaker 1: I don't know nor McDonald's what's his character name in that movie? I want to say it's.
Speaker 4: What is it?
Speaker 1: I can't think of it.
Speaker 3: Aim was Mitch and apparently Adam Sandler just had an uncredited thing as Satan in it.
Speaker 1: Fun Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, hacinating.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's funny, but nicely done. Max. You're gonna tell us how we do the top five Rich Kids and Movies draft.
Speaker 1: But weeks, did you give yourself a point for getting the theme?
Speaker 4: I think I did? I think so. I don't really know. It doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: You're the winner, Max is the winner.
Speaker 4: You're the winner. Baby, Oh my god, I save the day. I guess.
Speaker 3: That's perfect. But yeah, he'll tell us how we do our draft here in just a little bit.
Speaker 4: But that's just for our patrons, that's right, if you want to become a patron, you going to patreon dot com slash they have an endorsement right now and support us there. It's ton to fun to come check it out. If you want to support Max and go see him play some music. February seventh, he'll be in Rochester, Minnesota, opening for Nerdy at the Chateau Theater. February twelfth at the Showboat Saloon and the Wisconsin Dell's for Steak Night Invitational with So Fun the Buried Space Burritos. I don't remember the first name, Bruel, damn it.
Speaker 3: I was so clear, like gruel, gruel, like more gruel.
Speaker 1: Sir, like other form of gruel that I'll tell you fine, Oh no, okay.
Speaker 4: February fifteen, don't go to Urban Dictionary. Everyone the Green Room in Minneapolis with the People People Brothers band. Yeah nice, buddy, thanks so much for coming on. It's always such a blast to have so much fun, fun, super fun. But yeah, stay tuned. We'll have another great movie coming up soon. And that doesn't today for Billy Madison, I'm Robs. Thank you guys so much for listening. Until we talk to you next time. In Joey the great indows.
Speaker 3: Side of shining.
Speaker 1: Cloud in the sky.
Speaker 2: We wouldn't know because we're so happy inside. Some people row a boat or put on some skis, but we would rather sit on down and talk. Some movies were the evid Indoorsmen. Come listen to our show where the evid indoors Men at home, bow on the go, where the Evidendorsmen.
Speaker 4: We hope you love it so, so come on in and stay.
Speaker 2: I will do our best to make use my wre the ev indoors Man