Speaker 1: Yea ripped of news, need advice, you don't have? Run is just as fast as we can show. Shooter's gonna help coming man.
Speaker 2: This is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martinez. Welcome my friends to the only show.
Speaker 3: If it's kind. We're here to solve problems, answer questions, take complaints, try to make your life a little bit better. Hope everybody had a great Memorial Day. I know we did talk about hall though. My goodness. If you're out in Elbert County, Douglas County, I think Castle Rock got nailed. We had so much hail it was crazy. We once again had probably two and a half feet of hal on our deck. I have never seen so much hail in such a quick time. It was like a white out. We still have piles of hail in our yard as of this second. So if if you're out there, I want to bring this up real quick. Make sure you call a roofer before your insurance company unless you know you have damage. Of course I'd call Excel Roofing, but you want the roofer to look at it, call up somebody on the referral list to check it out. If you're wondering if you had damage. If you call your insurance company and you do not have damage, it still goes on your clue report.
Speaker 4: That's not good.
Speaker 3: Whenever you make a call to him, it goes on your clue report and they think you're a nag and nanny. Even though that's the coverage we pay for, it actually counts against you. So watch out for that. If you have been ripped off. You do have any questions regarding virtually anything out there? Three h three seven one three A two five five three zero three Martino. We've been solving problems, answering questions, taking complaints for close to fifty years right here in Denver. We love what we do to the tune of hundreds of millions of dollars in exchanges and reff and cash and pretty much you name it services. We have done it all in studio with me, my lovely wife, Suzanne, Kelly answering your phone, Shannon running the board, Deputy Scott over there ready chopping on the bit to go after a problem, to solve something for you.
Speaker 4: And Deputy Chopper.
Speaker 3: Chopper, you were a police person, right, a policeman, and you were actually a helicopter pilot for Denver Sheriff's Department or Denver PD, Denver PD, Denver PD. So did the Sheriff's department have helicopters or no, No they didn't.
Speaker 4: Did they pay to train you?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 3: The dev PD did? Yeah, so they paid the whole thing. I was lucky, Yes they did.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's really crazy.
Speaker 3: Getting a helicopter's license is definitely a big feat. All right, three oh three Martino three three seven one three eight two five five. I'm going to go to Cheryl here in one second. Did anybody see Macron Macron get slapped? Oh yeah, Mark, Wow? Man, his old lady came out and gave him the beat down, the beat down, little tune up, Mark, yep, she tuned him off. Have you ever seen anything like that? Guys? I mean right there on the airline.
Speaker 6: And his reaction was price.
Speaker 3: His reaction was like, my old lady just bitch slapped me in front of the whole world. That's what his reaction was. That when he saw the cameras were rolling, that is the funniest reaction I've ever seen. I don't care if you like the guy or not. Someone should call the authorities. Now, can you imagine, let's just turn that around. Let's say they caught Macron slapping his wife like that? What do you think would happen? Do you think he'd be stepping down as president or whatever he is?
Speaker 4: What do you guys think?
Speaker 3: I'm totally curious on this one. He would get some sort of diplomatic community. I think they'd make him step down. My god, can you imagine? Yes? What do you think, Suzanne? Uh, the tables were.
Speaker 7: Turned, there'd be a lot more noise about that and a lot more uproar about it.
Speaker 3: He ran the headline on Everything, CNN, Fox, Everything for at least almost a twenty four hour news cycle on that. That was pretty impressive. Man, I'm dying to know what he did. Did he get caught like Bill Clinton? Was he doing something in whatever they call the Oval office or maybe on that fancy jet they have. I mean, what's going on there when you're slapping your husband in front of the world. I would assume something happened that was pretty gnarly.
Speaker 6: They might need to call betterhelp.
Speaker 4: Didn't they say they were playfighting? Shannon?
Speaker 3: You run a lot of shows. Someone must have been talking about this. Did they say it was just all for fun or something stupid?
Speaker 8: I can't get past the conspiracy that that's actually his father.
Speaker 4: That was his father.
Speaker 9: It's a good one.
Speaker 3: Look it up. Yeah, well isn't she quite a bit older than him. He was the school teacher and he was like a student or something. Weird. Uh huh, yeah, I mean something bizarre like that. It's just very odd stuff. Three O three seven one three eight two five five Cheryl, What is going on with you? Cheryl?
Speaker 10: What is going on with me?
Speaker 5: Is actually from my daughter N see and I see E y.
Speaker 3: Would Yeah, you don't have to, Yeah, you don't have to spell it out. What's going on with your daughter?
Speaker 10: She got scammed big time to cash app.
Speaker 3: Through cash app. And how did she get uh scammed through cash app?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 10: I asked her for details, and she was so distraught, overwhelmed, she just couldn't give me the detail.
Speaker 3: How much did she get scammed out of?
Speaker 11: Pardon?
Speaker 3: How much did she get scammed out of?
Speaker 11: You know?
Speaker 10: I don't know. She just, like I said, she was so overwhelmed. She didn't want to talk about it, so I could let you call her. I informed her that I have contacted you because you do incredible impossible.
Speaker 3: I've got a few questions here for you, Cheryl, just tell me the answers you know. Of course, So she didn't want to talk about it, But yet she called and told you about it, right, Yes, So when she called to discuss it with you, did it put her in a bind to where maybe she needed to borrow money or something along those lines.
Speaker 12: She has no money.
Speaker 10: It just took everything from her.
Speaker 3: It took everything. So are you going to lend her some money? Is that kind of what happened?
Speaker 10: I can't.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you're not going to be No, I was.
Speaker 10: You know what that means.
Speaker 3: I got you. I was a little nervous, and maybe she was just trying to get some money from you.
Speaker 4: But I could be on the wrong path here.
Speaker 10: Us not do that sort of thing.
Speaker 3: But you have no idea how much money they took from her. We don't know if it was one hundred dollars or one thousand, and we don't know how they took it, or what the purchase or the transfer was based on it all.
Speaker 13: No, we sure don't.
Speaker 10: I say she was so elbowhelmed, she just didn't want to talk about it. She was in panic attack.
Speaker 4: Well then why don't we do this?
Speaker 3: Why don't. Why don't you give her number to Kelly and we'll see if she wants to come on and talk about it.
Speaker 10: Oh, I would love that.
Speaker 4: Okay, So hold on a second.
Speaker 3: I don't want to give her number out over the air, so I'm going to put you on hold, Kelly. Let's do that. Let's see if we can't get in touch with her daughter, and then we'll go from there. We had a caller probably two or three years ago. It was during COVID and it sounded just like that. That's kind of where I went. And it turned out that the daughter not only one time, but multiple times. Cheryl, I'm not talking about you, this is a previous caller. That's how she would get money for drugs from her mother. Something would happen. She got mugged one time, she got scammed one time, she couldn't do this one time, it just didn't matter. Was over and over and over, and bottom line is we figured out she was just putting her mom together. So I'm glad to hear that's not the case here. Let's reach out to her and see what we can figure out. Maybe we can help her out. Three oh three seven one three eight two five five three oh three Martino, will be right back.
Speaker 14: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 4: All right, three oh three seven.
Speaker 3: One three A two five five. You need help, we got two lines open three oh three Martino. We'd love to hear from you. Any questions, complaints. Maybe you just want to expose a bad landlord or a bad contractor three zero three Martino. Kelly's working on getting Cheryl's daughter on We're not quite sure sure where that's going. By the way, right around noon, Susanna and I are going to head over and meet with the caller on Friday. And I'm not going to recap the entire thing, but my spidey senses went up when she was talking about someone and we're just going to make sure everything's cool.
Speaker 7: Well, to clarify Mark, we're not going on Friday.
Speaker 6: The call came in this past Friday.
Speaker 3: We're going today.
Speaker 6: We're going to go today.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then Dmitri's got a hell of an update, I guess coming up at ten thirty along with the something with Auto Nation, and I'm gonna go to Maryland in just a second. But you know, think of Paul the water man and anybody that sells water systems, I think in the back of our head, until I met Paul, I honestly thought they were all just, you know, fearmongers. Remember the guys way back in the day. They'd come out and they'd test your water and now it's got everything, you're gonna die And they'd tell you a twenty million dollar system.
Speaker 4: And that was kind of the entire model.
Speaker 3: It was almost like the Hoover vacuum people, door to door, whatever they were called. So what's interesting, though, is as I met Paul and actually found someone that's not only a plumber, a master plumber, but I mean that's all he ever talks about, thinks about.
Speaker 4: I'll get text from them all the time.
Speaker 3: So this morning, when I got out of yoga, I go and pull up my newsfeed and I'm looking in on one of them Fox News, like third story down and I had to text pall this. But it's crazy. Beer drinkers beware. Scientists find forever chemicals exceeding EPA limits in American bruise. They actually did this study all over the world, Canadian beer, Mexican beer, and included for some reason, we have more forever chemicals in our water here, meaning in our beer the American brands compared to like Mulson, compared to Corona, anything made over there. Now I realize some Mexican beers might be made here, but the ones literally made in Mexico forever chemicals. I mean, this is like second or third headline. They're saying the local water supplies is getting so bad. I mean, once again, I go back to the fear mongering when these guys advertise. But it's crazy thinking now when you drink something in a water system wouldn't help you at home. If you're having a beer, it simply wouldn't be able to take it out. It's not like you can pour the beer in a filter and get rid of the chemicals. But what they could do is actually make these big breweries. I don't know if Cores is one of them. What irritates me they don't go on to say in this article you know which ones had these major p files that are above EPA standards. They just simply don't go into it. But what really gets me is the EPA, if that's the case, should step in. And I'm just using an example. Of course, I don't think it's Corese, I don't know who it is, Budweiser, and it's not just one. It says multiple. They should make them get filtration systems. If their product that they're canning is literally over, I don't understand how they get away with that. How in the hell do they get away with that? In fact, Kelly, do me a favor. See if you can get Paul real quick. I'll jump to these calls. But I want to ask them that if there's p fis like in a can of soup left and right, is Campbell's allowed to sell that damn can of soup? I mean, maybe he doesn't know the answer, but that article reading it is massive. It's like, if you read it, it's crazy, and I'm trying to find twenty three different beers, and the team beer is.
Speaker 7: Fruit in North Carolina, California, and Michigan. Mark, we need to protect our beer drinkers in America.
Speaker 15: That's right.
Speaker 3: Look at that North Carolina, California, and Michigan had the most elevated levels of p fis. They found a strong correlation between p fis in municipal drinking waters and levels in locally broadwater. Now, once again, I'm gonna say this if Castle Rock, for instance, and I don't know if they are or not, I'm using this as an example. If some municipality their water is over the EPA limits, Am I crazy? Or aren't they supposed to fix it? And why that's driving me nuts is because this whole beer situation, but I don't know the rules. And then if so, if they don't have to fix it, they just have to attempt Well that's ridiculous. Why even have an EPA level then just to let people know they might die eventually from these p fas.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's really crazy like that.
Speaker 6: And I wasn't sure Mark from the article.
Speaker 7: Were they just talking about the bigger breweries like course they don't mass production or like these little craft breeries that you and I we frequent.
Speaker 6: You know, I wonder trace by Faw's there.
Speaker 3: I would like to know if the breweries that we go to, if their beer is there. You know, all we'd have to do is literally have it tested. Most of them. You just get some to go, get a can of beer to go, and then send it off to be tested. You know what, that would be interesting.
Speaker 6: I wonder if Paul the waterman can test it.
Speaker 3: I wonder if Paul can tell us if we got them three or four beers from different breweries. Watch people that know who I am when I'm in the brewery. Now, they're going to be like, no to beer.
Speaker 16: Go?
Speaker 3: Yeah no, Marilyn, what's going on with you? And Abby? You'll be next?
Speaker 17: Hey, you've got your new business.
Speaker 3: My new business? What's that?
Speaker 4: Marylyndill?
Speaker 12: Filtering the beer until they get their act together?
Speaker 3: Well, it's crazy. They should come up with something. Yeah, but it looks like it's from the municipal water. But what's your questions?
Speaker 17: My questions are I have two home projects I want to do and I have no idea what the cost would be.
Speaker 12: I'm interested in a tub.
Speaker 17: To shower my bathrooms in good shape. The floor is in good shape. And the other question is I would like a new sliding deck door, and I need the whole.
Speaker 12: You know, the whole deal, Like, well, here's why.
Speaker 11: You put it in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, of course. So I would use two different companies for the door. I would get two bids. I would get one from K and H Home Solutions and one from Gravinas. We just got one from a nick over at Gravinas and we love it. What I liked about the process both companies did. They have different levels of quality. So depending on if you're trying to match basically what you have in your house, they're gonna have something like that.
Speaker 4: Let's say you have a house.
Speaker 3: In Highlands Ranch, they'll have what I refer to as a builder grade door, or if you want something fancy, what I really liked on the one we got. You know how most sliding doors have one latch, so they just connect into one latch. This one actually connects at like six different points. The only way you would break into this is throwing a huge rock through it, I mean, which you know isn't impossible to do. But you're not going to jimmy the door open, which is kind of cool. So I would definitely get I'd get two bids from them, and listen, Kelly could give you the numbers or Suzanne.
Speaker 4: But seriously, Marylyn, you have both of them.
Speaker 3: Come out.
Speaker 4: Go ahead.
Speaker 3: I'm in Fort Collins, Fort Collins. I know I think Gravenus goes out there. I don't think K and H goes out there. I do not now the other one I'm trying.
Speaker 17: You're willing to go out on the limb and and give me an guestimate of what I'm going to be looking at if they come by for.
Speaker 4: The sliding door.
Speaker 3: If you end up with gravinas, I can tell you twenty five hundred up to five thousand, depending on the quality of the door you want to.
Speaker 17: Get, Okay, and that would come with the guarantee for a while.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah. The warranties are great. But that's installation. That's everything. And the way they did the installation is incredible. We have hardwood floors and they just they just sunk it in like it was built with the house. They do a bang up job. They do a great job. Now I'm the tub, the shower. What I want to do is I got to take a break here. I'm going to get somebody on and I'm going to put them someone on our referral list that does tub the showers and they apparently have a screaming deal going right now. I want to see I want to see how much that would be. Let's put them on spot. Hold on three oh three seven one three eight two five five, Kelly, I would like you to get Nick with renew Home Innovations on and tell them I'm gonna put him on the spot. I don't mind telling them for a tub to shower conversion for this uh lady on the phone. So let's try to get him on real quick. And I still do want to talk to Paul. We do have full lines. I promise I'll move through these phones as well. Abby, You're gonna be next unless five an expert on and Samantha followed by you, Wow, it's female day on the Troubleshooters show. Maybe I maybe it's my sexy voice right baby? Could be? Could be everybody?
Speaker 14: Hold on, go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 15: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 14: Time for an insurance check up, free no obligation comparison call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies.
Speaker 15: Find out now three all three seven to seven to one help.
Speaker 14: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two all.
Speaker 3: Right three O three seven one three eight two five five. Abby's got an issue with AutoNation and a construction company.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 3: And then Samantha has a problem with AutoNation or hopefully we have a fix with Dmitri and then uh Maryland. But Kelly, we can free up Cheryl on one. We just I got to talk to her daughter to help. She's got no other information at this point, so let's free up to that one line than real quick Paul doubting uh waterpros dot net. Look, man, I'm not trying to turn this into a commercial for you, brother, so this is more of just being a straightforward expert. I sent you that article early this morning, and I started thinking about it. If you opened up a can beer, a can of coke, or a can of ginger ale or anything anything, and you find out that wherever it's being made, they are exceeding the EPA's limit for p FIS or forever chemicals. Isn't that when the EPA is supposed to come in and shut down the facility? I mean, what the hell's supposed to happen there that There's nothing I'm going to do at home to get p FIS or plastic out of my beer, right, I mean, I'm not going to pour it in a strainer for God's sake.
Speaker 18: Yeah, that's that's where you think the EPA would step in and definitely want to close it down based upon the testing. But the problem is is that this was all done after the fact, so you could probably bet that you know now the ep is aware of it, since the testing was done afterwards. It just goes to show you that, you know, you would think these companies would, you know, filter the water before they make the product.
Speaker 15: That's where I'm going.
Speaker 18: But you're not doing that.
Speaker 3: When they say it exceeds the EPA standards, who cares? And then, you know what, shame on Fox dot com or foxnews dot com for not saying, who the hell these companies are? I mean, why the hell are they not telling us what beers have a crapload of plastic in them.
Speaker 18: Well, I think they said they come from one of them at the state of Michigan.
Speaker 3: No, they've listed the states, but they don't list to Damn well Michigan, isn't that Milwaukee?
Speaker 17: No?
Speaker 18: No, there you go, Miller Bear, you would think correct.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know, man, I don't want to say it, and it's not true. But how come these people don't even tell us who it is? But I want to go back to this real quick. Here's the question if Castle Rock or Lyttleton or Parker Water or whatever it is, if they have over the limits that the EPA posts, are they not forced to do anything? Or that's it, It's all cool.
Speaker 18: The only thing is that what happened to them is that they would be fined, that those fines are been pushed out extended for another two years. So basicly not that's going to happen. And the reason thing isn't that technology right now to remove that on a large scale like a water municipal water treatment plant.
Speaker 3: That's crazy, man, it's crazy. I think these breweries and stuff should be made to literally do something. Paul, I mean, really, you got a system for less than what is it thirty six hundred, thirty seven hundred bucks. It gets rid of the p fives and softens the water, does everything you know you think of a brewery or something that can't lay out. Now, granted, they're going to have a lot more flow, so the system would have to be bigger than that. But my point is, you know, we're not talking earth shattering amounts of money here in order to protect the public.
Speaker 18: No, you're absolutely right, And you know, it's funny about it. A lot of those breweries have their own quote unquote waste treatment plan inside, you know themselves, you know, so they have to take steps. Yeah, the filter what they're putting back out, So it would only make sense for them to you know, filter the water before they make the beer.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know, it's crazy. Paul, I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: If anybody out there has got any questions or you want a system, we bought ours from Paul many years ago.
Speaker 4: It's a great system.
Speaker 3: Like I said, under thirty seven hundred bucks for the entire freaking house, not just a point of use. Everything will be safe at least there except for the beer you buy it to grocery store. It's just amazing to me, Hey, Abby, what's going on with you? Abby?
Speaker 17: Oh?
Speaker 11: Yeah, this is actually my name is Robbie.
Speaker 3: Oh Robbie. I'm sorry we got it typed in wrong. What's going on on, Robbie?
Speaker 11: Yes, So November of this past year, there was a sewer line collapsed at the Autoation parking lot in North glind And it's the sewer backed up into my house and it's a rental so I had to have a restoration company come in. I had to have it rebuilt AutoNation. I just received a letter from them saying that they are not responsible. They had a construction company working in the parking lot at the time, and I've received a letter from them saying that they are not responsible either.
Speaker 3: Why are they saying why are they denying liability?
Speaker 11: They said that that sas there's been no evidence submitted to support are insured, was negligent or struck a ligne at the location resulting in damage, therefore your claim is denied.
Speaker 3: So they're saying they didn't strike a ligne, it just broke in. AutoNation saying they struck a line. Is that basically what's going on? Yes, Now let me ask you this. You said it was a rental. I assume you had a rental policy on it, not a typical homeowner's policy, correct, And what aren't they covering? So, in other words, besides the deductible, what aren't they covering?
Speaker 11: My insurance company said they will not help at all because it was an outside issue. It was not isn't something that happened within my house. But they are not helping me at all either. So I feel like my hands are tied and.
Speaker 3: This is horrible of them. Yeah, this is a really bad situation. How much damage is there now? And where does the property sit right now? I assume the restoration company got rid of the water and dried it out or where does it stand?
Speaker 11: Yeah? So I did how it stickxed right away? So they had to come in and pull everything out that the sewer had touched and then had to hospitalize sentitize it. And then I did have it rebuilt because I've rentered in there and to get them back in there quickly. And so yes, I am.
Speaker 3: And how much do you have? How much do you have in it so the house is back to normal? Correct?
Speaker 11: Yes it is?
Speaker 3: And how much do you have in the entire process of getting it there?
Speaker 11: It's forty thousand dollars, So.
Speaker 3: You got forty grand in there, and you submitted claims to both and they both declined it. How do you know, just out of curiosity if you'd do what makes you think the construction company actually did it with the exception. That's what AutoNation said.
Speaker 11: And that's all I know is what AutoNation is saying.
Speaker 3: And what are they saying like they were digging up the parking lot or why why was construction even there?
Speaker 11: Well, I do not know the deta health of that.
Speaker 3: Did you actually see the construction? I know you said it was a rental, but did you witness it?
Speaker 11: I did not. There's the back parking lot. It's fenced in, so I do not know where the construction on the parking lot was happening.
Speaker 3: Boy, that is uh, that's curious. Let's do this, hey, Kelly, let's get I want to talk to two people with Samantha. Number one. I want to talk to Brian it compass real quick. I want to ask him something and then I want to get in Ohbrian, I want Bradley on because that might be where.
Speaker 4: This kind of ends up.
Speaker 3: No, no, let me think about that. Get Brian on first for me. All right, I would be so upset. You get two people. Go ahead, Chopper, you're chomping at the bit there, say something. Go ahead, Robby. Oh, Robbie, I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I keep calling you the wrong name because it was put in there wrong at first. I got you now, though, Robbie, So let me put you on hold. Okay, I'm gonna get I want to get Brian on real quick. Who was your carrier, by the way, travelers, all right, hold on, all right? Three oh three seven one three A two five five. We got two lines open three zero three Martino. We're gonna get an expert on there. I'm trying to think. I mean, there's no doubt it's not her fault. She's forty thousand dollars out, which really sucks. We gotta find the right person to get involved and help her out on this. Somebody broke that sewer line. Someone is responsible, and it's sure as hell, isn't Robbie.
Speaker 14: Hold on, go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com past cent until you're contenth time for an insurance check up free, no obligation in comparison. Call Compass Insurance, paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one.
Speaker 3: Help.
Speaker 14: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 3: You know I'm watching literally the headline President Macron wife appears to shove him in the face before getting off play. Now, anybody that has seen the video that is not appears at what point? At what point do we just start making stuff up? Now? Okay, granted she might have punched them and then that's where the disconnect becomes. But there is no doubt she reached over and shoved hit punched him in the face. It's remarkable. And then, like Susann said, that look deady gives. That needs to be on a Christmas card. Everybody they know that look is absolutely unbelievable. Now I digress. Brian Burns, Compass Insurance, Hey man, I got a couple questions for you, Brian.
Speaker 19: Yeah, so.
Speaker 3: Robbie has got a rental. The rental is located near an Auto Nation dealership. They had construction going on in their parking lot. Something happened. The sewer line actually broke. Hey, Robbie, how much water are we talking about? By the way, I mean, how much was it like flooded? Like an inch of water in the basement or kind of give me an idea of what the flood looked like.
Speaker 11: It was probably about three inches.
Speaker 3: Three inches, so it was a lot of water. Were other homes flooded as well?
Speaker 11: I did give a letter stating there were four houses that were affected.
Speaker 3: And all of them. Are they getting the same denial letters?
Speaker 20: I you know, I do not know who other people are.
Speaker 11: So, Brian, you have more information?
Speaker 3: Yeah, So, Brian, a couple things on this. What I need from you is one, would that have to be flood insurance in a case like that if she was using her own insurance?
Speaker 21: Yeah, that's what I mean. Based off of your description, that sounds.
Speaker 3: Like, yeah, that was a sewer line broke and it flooded in there. Now she's got a rental property and they declined it. The AutoNation said we're not going to pay anything or turn it over to our insurance because it was the contractor's fault. The contractors saying Nope, we didn't hit anything, we didn't bust the sewer line. So I would what would you do at this point, She's forty thousand into this, Yeah, I.
Speaker 21: Mean I think your only option maybe is to suit both of them. I mean, but again, that's not small claims, So no, you're going to have to get an attorney to deal with this. But someone, I would say, between the two of those, someone's liable.
Speaker 19: You know.
Speaker 21: I think there's no way she's going to get anything on her on her current pulse because there's a flat exclusion for flood unless she had flood insurance. So but yeah, they're not going to cover that, so she's not going to have that option. So I think I would consult an attorney and just find out which of the two or both do they think they should go after.
Speaker 3: Well, I would think at this case they'd have to go after both. It's crazy. They're just both pointing the fingers at each other, like, oh, even though all the construction was going on, and oh, by the way, the sewer line broke. Oh, and by the way, it flooded five homes, it was none of our faults. I mean, that's just the craziest damn thing I ever heard, Ohlen, I had.
Speaker 21: A client with a similar circumstance. They didn't deny though, but it was the same kind of thing. Someone was working on a sewer line about a half block up and it absolutely flooded this house, and you know, she had to kind of battle back and forth, and all of a sudden, the insurance company picked it up for the contractor that was doing the work.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it had to be the contractor. I mean, what could AutoNation possibly have done sides hire the contractor?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 3: That would that would just all of a sudden break a sewer line. I mean it's unheard of. Or you know what are they saying that a tree grew through it at the exact same time they're digging up the parking lot.
Speaker 4: I mean, that's absurd.
Speaker 22: I totally agree.
Speaker 21: All right, contractors ultimately the one that's going to be at fault in this, and you know, even Auto Nation I would have thought when they had the work done, they would have requested to be additional insferred on the contractor's insurance.
Speaker 4: So I got you.
Speaker 21: Either way, it would lead to the same place.
Speaker 3: Either way would lead unless they hired a contractor that had poor coverage. If any I mean, we don't know. You would think a company the size Auto Nation wouldn't be that dumb. But let me tell you, from all the years of doing this, nothing surprises me. Brian Burns, Compass Insurance, I appreciate it. By the way, the insurance help Center. These guys are absolutely great. They can generally save you money. If your homeowners just came in or auto and everything's gone up, call these guys. He'll shop everybody. Susanna and I have been using Brian and the gang at Compass forever. Go to quote Compass dot com, Quotecompass dot com. Now, Robbie, here's what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna try to get on Marco Bendinelli. He's an attorney that might want to sink his teeth into this. Let's run it by him. After this three h three seven one three A two five five, we are going to have one line open in a second. Let's get that filled up. Joanne, what is going on with you?
Speaker 12: Okay? I replaced a fence sixty feet of fence in my backyard with the wood fence, replacing it the same way. And I was about a week ago, and then my neighbor who shares maybe a quarter of the fence in back of me, decided he needed to spread it with this dark chocolate brown, and it has leaked through to my side. Also, I just not want to know what my rights are.
Speaker 3: Wow, he he painted the fence and by doing that?
Speaker 4: How bad is it?
Speaker 3: Joanne? I mean, is this I guess I'm trying to figure out. Is it worth the battle? If I came out and just eyeballed it? Is it like this beautiful, brand new fence you paid for just has streaks of black or brown? Or I mean, how bad is it?
Speaker 13: Yes?
Speaker 4: It's that bad.
Speaker 12: Every almost every picket, Yes, every picket has running Uh you know some of the brown ringing running down because he sprayed it. And when you spray, of course you can't you go through every slat every Yeah, of course not all every Did you ask him?
Speaker 7: And that.
Speaker 12: I haven't yet because he has I think he's out of town. I left a message and what would you like? That's just right now. I'm not complaining about anybody. I'm just want to know if I have any rights.
Speaker 3: Well, you definitely have rights. He destroyed some of your property or he you know, not on purpose, but you do have some rights. What I'm trying to think of. What's a remedy though? So if I could wave a magic wand what would you want to happen?
Speaker 12: Well, number one, I would like to have those pickets replaced. I know that's off the wall.
Speaker 3: How many pickets are we talking about?
Speaker 12: Two, four, six, eight, ten, twelve, fourteen, sixteen, eighteen, twenty, twenty two, twenty four, probably fifty maybe maybe maybe forty?
Speaker 4: How long was the entire run again? Sixty feet?
Speaker 12: Sixty feet? And I paid three thousand dollars for it, So.
Speaker 3: You're saying about well, hold on those second you're saying, probably about twenty percent of it needs to be redone or it needs to be repaired.
Speaker 12: At least, yes, and maybe yeah, twenty twenty five?
Speaker 11: Yes, all right, hold on, I know that that.
Speaker 3: Probably I want to go down this with you and figure out the best course of action on this. Three oh three seven one three eight two five five one line open. We're trying to get Ben Denelli on, so you tight Robbie. A lot more coming up right here on the Troubleshooter Network.
Speaker 14: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing Dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. Comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one.
Speaker 3: Help.
Speaker 14: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Yeah with you you needed, that's who you don't have. Come run ins as can. Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 19: Come man, This is.
Speaker 2: The Troubleshooter Show Now Tom Martinez, Welcome, Welcome to the only show of his kind.
Speaker 3: We're here to solve problems, answer questions, take complaints, make your life a little bit better, educate you name it. By the way, you should join us on YouTube. It's the show behind the show. In fact, I just put a poll up. We were talking during the break. I saw a pole pop up on one of the news stations and the poll was very interesting. It basically said this ready. It basically said would you be upset if you were asked out on a date? And this I think goes for women. I don't see this going for men. I'm sorry, call me whatever, But would as a woman, would you be upset if your date pulled out a buy one, get one free dinner and that's why he brought you to that restaurant? It was all based on the free coupon, Suzanne. Prior to us being married almost thirty two years, if on our first date I brought us to a place that was a by one, get one free coupon, would it have mattered.
Speaker 7: I don't know if it would have mattered, but I do think being twenty something and going, why does he have a coupon compared to being well, you know, away older now.
Speaker 3: Like okay, yeah, that's wise.
Speaker 6: It makes sense, you know. So maybe it depends on the age of a woman.
Speaker 3: I don't know. See, I guess it depends how it goes down too, because if you like kind of oh, I'll tell you where I really love to go. I'd love to bring you out to Taco Bill and then you find out when you get there it's because the Rockies just hit a home run and you get free tacos, although we know that doesn't happen anymore. So that was a horrible example, the Rockies are the worst thing in the world. Now Joanne has an issue with their neighbor. Hey, Kelly, help me out here. What is going on? Brad O'Brien nor Bendinelli. Neither of them available, not yet. Oh my god, are you dead?
Speaker 23: No?
Speaker 3: Your voice sounds horrible. No, it's uh no, what are you Okay? I haven't heard you talk.
Speaker 24: I'm fined.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, Okay.
Speaker 24: I'm working on getting Bend and Ellie and and and getting Oh brien, Oh you haven't answered me back again.
Speaker 3: You want to go home?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: Okay? Three oh three seven one three A two five five, ask once, shame on, don't ask one.
Speaker 4: Shame on me at ask twice, Shame.
Speaker 6: On her talk about it.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, let's go Hey, Depity, Dimitri, what do we got going on here? Then, Robbie, you still got to hang tight. We're trying to get our attorney on. In fact, let's do this, Kelly. Let's free up Robbie and keep Joony on for a second. I want to get more information from her. But let's free up Robbie until we get Bend and Ellie. He's the only one that I know that's going to give me straightforward advice on this case.
Speaker 4: And when I say.
Speaker 3: That, would he actually take it on or his firm based on what we know. That's what I'm hoping. And when I say take it on, I mean do it and then basically split up whatever they get back at attorney's fees. In other words, not hourly. Let's see here, Deputy Dimitri, what's going on?
Speaker 18: Man?
Speaker 13: Hey, Mark, you may remember that on Friday, Sam called us because she has a twenty seventeen Jeep that's been overheating over and over and over for a whole bunch of years. And Sam has been dealing with automation getting it fixed. I believe most of the time. Sam, correct me if I'm wrong, But most of the time you're getting it fixed under your used car used car service contract, right.
Speaker 11: Yes, most recent times?
Speaker 13: Yes, yeah, And so not surprisingly, the car overheated again, and now they're hold.
Speaker 3: On, hold on, let me. I want to jump in here because I'm looking at something that's crazy. So basically, it looks like she bought this vehicle, the car in twenty sixteen when it was brand new. Then basically in twenty twenty one, here's where the problem started. And every one of these times, and I'm going to read the dates real quick. They're all every one of these is an overheating issue? Did you bring it to AutoNation every single time?
Speaker 20: Every single Okay, listen to how.
Speaker 3: Inep these people are. And that's my opinion based upon what I'm staring at. So she brings it in for overheating. She brings it in nine seventeen, twenty one, nine eighteen, twenty three, ten three, twenty three, ten thirty, twenty three, one twenty five, twenty four, seven twenty two, twenty four, eight six twenty four, eight seven, twenty four and five seven twenty five. Everyone is like thermostat, then the radiator, then the radiator cap. How do you sell a radiator? On nine eighteen, twenty twenty three. Okay, tell me how this happens, Auto Nation, and tell me if I'm missing something, either of you on nine to eighteen. According to what I'm staring at, she brings it in and they replaced the radiator. Then fast forward less than two weeks, she brings it back and they sell her a radiator cap. Are you telling me they sold you a brand new radiator? I don't care if it was paid for by you or by the service contract, but didn't replace the cap.
Speaker 11: They said the radiator cap. When I took it in October, it was that so they had to replace it.
Speaker 3: But I'm saying they just did the radiator two weeks before that.
Speaker 5: Really that's the radiators.
Speaker 13: Many radiators don't come with a cap anymore. From personal experience, I had my radiator replaced about a year and a half ago, and you didn't do a new cap separately. Oh, it had a camp. I ordered all the marks from Stevenson Toyota the radiator to meetri.
Speaker 3: You literally just made my point. You a layman ordered all the parts, including the gap.
Speaker 13: Yeah, that's what I had to do, all right.
Speaker 3: So go ahead. Where do we stand now? When you called in last Friday, it was overheating again. Yes, And now they're saying it needs an engine.
Speaker 11: Right right, So they are saying it was a manufacturer defect on the block, yeah, and saying I need a new engine. But they're saying I have to pay for the engine.
Speaker 3: Now why it says you have it says warranty. Yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 11: The warranty says that they weren't machining my heads when they were replacing the heads.
Speaker 20: And that it's on AutoNation to do that.
Speaker 11: But originally, when I talked to AutoNation, they said no, that I'd have to pay for the engine. But since you guys reached out to them, they've now come back and said that they'll pay for half of the engine.
Speaker 25: I'll give me.
Speaker 11: That's a lot lower.
Speaker 3: That's great, and I'm going to tell you why it's great, and then I'm going to vent a little. It's great because you bought this in two thy seventeen and now you're going to be roughly what six thousand and sixty five hundred out of pocket for a brand new engine, right.
Speaker 11: They're offering me. Now, i'd pay about.
Speaker 3: Thirty eight hundred, thirty eight hundred.
Speaker 4: I can't say that's a bad deal.
Speaker 13: That No, the engine comes with a three year, one hundred thousand mile warranty. Yes, smoking deal.
Speaker 3: That is a smoking deal. But I just I'm glad they did that. But I do need to say I have never out of any of my stores in the past, and we did a ton of head gaskets over the years. Not one time, not one time, did we not send out the head to get it milled at a machine shop, not one time, because you'll go through head gaskets left and right.
Speaker 13: But we don't know. What I have not been able to ascertain is if those head gaskets that were installed by Ordination were brand new. If they are brand new, they just need to be checked for straightness, and they did not require.
Speaker 3: Well that's fine. You still once again, though, you send it out to a machine shop. And I don't think I've ever sent a head out to a machine shop that doesn't end up getting milled. I don't think one time out of maybe one hundred. Now maybe that's a machine shop.
Speaker 13: Even a brand new head.
Speaker 3: Uh, well, no, I wouldn't send I don't I don't know, Dmitri, I don't know.
Speaker 18: We don't know.
Speaker 13: I Photonation put in brand.
Speaker 3: New heads or why would they put in a brand new head.
Speaker 13: Though, Well, because they're a dealer and they have access to new heads, and an insurance company is going to be for the well service company is going to be paying for it. I think it's moved, because it is moved, but I am They have now discovered a bump on the mating surface of the engine block itself. Yeah, which is why they now say, hey, we got to replace the entire engine block with a long block from the manufacturer.
Speaker 3: Well, and once again, the issue I have here is, and I'm just going off of what you guys sent me, head gas get replaced on one, twenty five head gas get replaced on seven, twenty two head gas get warped. I mean, it's like bam, bam bam. It's like crazy, and and they did everything else leading up to it. But the fact she's getting a new engine for thirty eight hundred bucks is a hell of a deal. These guys did come through and in my opinion, made this right because you're going to have basically like a brand new power train.
Speaker 13: Okay, awesome, Well.
Speaker 11: Thank you guys so much for everything you've done.
Speaker 3: Yes, thank you, Sam Dmitri. That was a great deal.
Speaker 13: Thanks. I think this might make Sam feel much better. Sam. Let's say we got them to agree to repair your existing engine. I wouldn't do that, even if they did it for free, because as this engine has suffered so many overheating events, it's not long for this world.
Speaker 3: No, it really isn't even beyond that. Thirty eight hundred bucks for a new engine parts in labor is a hell of a deal. It's a hell of a deal.
Speaker 11: One of my only other little friends is I really don't want this location doing the work because they've they've shown a history of incompetency.
Speaker 3: Well, I agree with that, but I don't know. I don't know if I else. Hey, hey, hold on, I agree with your premise. I agree with your premise, but I don't agree given what they're offering to do. You let them do it. You let them do it for the thirty eight hundred. I wouldn't. I wouldn't whine or cry over this deal. As long as they do it and the engine's good, it's going to be great. Now if they do it and it overheats again, ah, that would be something.
Speaker 4: But I don't see that happening.
Speaker 5: Wonderful fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let them do it. I mean, Dimitri, you would agree on that, right, You let them do it? At this point?
Speaker 19: Yeah?
Speaker 9: I would.
Speaker 13: I mean, they stepped up. They're going to pay for half, and they're going to keep the uh you know, they're going to keep that the used car warranty company out of it, because I don't think that we've ever found one that's good to deal with.
Speaker 3: Well, I agree, though, I agree why they said no on it, because that's how we know they didn't send it out or they should have sent it out. In fact, Dmitri brought up an interesting question that I would like to know the answer for. I'm going to put you both on hold. Hey, Samantha, I do appreciate it, and we really appreciate Deputy Dmitri getting that done. They wanted fourteen thousand dollars roughly. Now she's getting a brand new engine thirty eight hundred bucks from the dealer.
Speaker 4: That's a hell of a good deal.
Speaker 3: And as Deputy Dmitri said, she's got a three year, thirty six thousand mile warranty. Hey, Kelly, for giggles, get me shared in auto tech. I do want to ask, if you buy a new head, do you have to mill them. I don't know the answer, and I'd like to figure that out. Three oh three seven one three eight two five five. We're gonna have a couple lines open three zero three. Martino, you've been ripped off taking advantage of need help.
Speaker 4: Just like Samantha, give us a call.
Speaker 14: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 15: You don't pay a cent until you're contenth.
Speaker 14: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your.
Speaker 3: Home with Remax Alliance.
Speaker 14: Three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 3: All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five three zero three Martino.
Speaker 4: We got some lines open.
Speaker 3: If you've been ripped off, or if you've been taken advantage of, maybe you've got a problem with the landlord, maybe you got a problem with the contractor. We got some lines open. I got two deputies sitting here, sitting here, perched, ready to go kick some ass. Three oh three Martino. Jeanie, what is going on with you? Jeanie?
Speaker 5: So thanks for getting me on. Absolutely, I'm just going to get my paycheck.
Speaker 3: So you're trump sorry you're trying to get your paycheck? Yes, Now, why would someone withhold your paycheck?
Speaker 20: Well, it's kind of a long story. Basically, I was going through a Walmart money card. It was hacked by closed the account or so I fucked Walmart just put a block on it. Everyone, I'm calling and calling and coling. This is back in April, and.
Speaker 3: Well, hey, Jenny, let me ask you a question. So you worked for a company, or you work for it? Now, what is that company?
Speaker 5: It's Carl's Junior in Pubble West.
Speaker 3: Okay, So you work for Carls Junior. When you would get your paycheck weekly or bi weekly or whatever, what would happen to that paycheck?
Speaker 4: Would it automatically go to that cash card?
Speaker 11: It would have.
Speaker 20: However, I was only there for two pay cycles. Okay, I since then got a better job.
Speaker 4: That's fine.
Speaker 3: So the second pay cycle is that the only issue or both of them?
Speaker 20: Both of them and a total up to one hundred and sixty six dollars and seventeen sacks.
Speaker 3: Now I'm to assume at this point it's really not their fault because they tried to transfer it, but Walmart blocked it because it was hacked, right, correct, So.
Speaker 20: Everyone who I was calling on the daily almost for the Walmart card. Here's the kicker. My call route state refund went to the supposed closed account. However, they kept rejecting my employers so.
Speaker 3: I'm just curious. I get it. But on the closed account, on the closed account, did you ever end up getting your tax refund?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 26: I did.
Speaker 3: That's good. But so basically what.
Speaker 20: Everyone it was closed?
Speaker 5: However, they said, oh it was just a block, but you got money.
Speaker 3: There are some so in other words, people could fund it, but no one could take money out of it.
Speaker 22: Correct.
Speaker 20: Well, I was able to take money out.
Speaker 11: I had to go to a Bambart.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I gotsch improve you or you.
Speaker 20: Yeah, and they they kept rejecting my employer's deposits. So I don't understand how that happens.
Speaker 5: Well even with.
Speaker 3: Well, hold on a second, Jenny, Jenny, I don't understand how that happens either. But I am curious on this. Like if you go in and talk to your old manager at that Carl's and say, hey, I still haven't gotten paid.
Speaker 4: I mean, what do they tell you?
Speaker 3: Call HR? So then you call HR, and what does HR say? I mean, can't they just write you a check?
Speaker 20: That's what I'm hoping for. I gave her a new account. It's a savings account that I don't use through a credit union. I didn't want to give that information out because I never use it. I'm just trying to, you know, accumulate money in it.
Speaker 3: But Jenny, Jenny, why why can't they just write you a physical check and hand it to you. Do they not do that? That's what I'm asking.
Speaker 20: Apparently they don't, because I asked that. I was like, can't they send me a check?
Speaker 3: So they only do either ach or they do some form of a direct pay. I mean there's other companies, big companies that do that, so that's not that's not that crazy.
Speaker 20: Okay, But I did give my old manager the new account number for my safe, so I don't want to touch.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you can depot Susanne. Do you know if you can deposit directly a check directly into savings?
Speaker 6: I would assumed, So I don't know, but I don't know why you couldn't.
Speaker 8: I think you can.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how else would you get money in there?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I must just transferred from another account?
Speaker 3: But so what did they say and how long ago was that? Jenny?
Speaker 5: The last pay period was April.
Speaker 20: Twenty first, Okay, that's what it's been over.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is getting ridiculous, I'm saying, but when did you give them the new information?
Speaker 20: Oh, I gave them the new information that I have it all documented in text.
Speaker 3: Like how long ago? Just roughly a couple of weeks a.
Speaker 20: Month, probably about May ten.
Speaker 3: May ten, so ten, Now that's almost twenty days ago. Hey, Chopper, you want to go make a call over there, real quick, no problem, Yeah, yeah, hold on, so hold on. Get the Carl junior manager's name Kelly on one, and then get her name, Jenny's full name. Chopper's gonna call over there just see if they just can't write her a check or who to call. You know, it's been a month. All she wants is four hundred dollars that she earned. I mean, let's just try to get this figured out today. For the life of me, I don't know why they just can't write her a check now or just overnight. Aht into that savings account. She's got something I understand. Yeah, all right, hold tight, Jenny, hold tight now real quick. Kevin calking, Hey man, this is a little off the grid. It's got really a call brought it up, but it's got nothing to do with to call itself. Kevin. If you buy a new head, do you have to machine it or is a new head ready to go.
Speaker 23: A new head should be ready to go, A new.
Speaker 4: Head should be perfect to the specs.
Speaker 3: Now in any time, I think we've had this discussion over the years, I can't remember one time I ever sold a head gasket without sending the existing head out to be checked and basically milled. I mean, it's just like a normal thing, right, I'm.
Speaker 23: Driving back from the machine shop right now. We just dropped two of them off.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I mean that's just what you do. You never would do it without because I mean, you can't look at this with the naked eye and see if it's flat. For God's sake, No.
Speaker 23: They ninety nine percent out need to be surfaced.
Speaker 17: You know that.
Speaker 23: If you're going to take the chance for the one percent, you're asking for trouble.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but in this particular case, the dealership appeared to have done it two or three times. Now it needs an engine. But regardless that that, I don't want to get back into the call. They actually made things right. But for the life of me, I.
Speaker 23: Just that's don't want to be resurfaced because it takes an extra day, day and a half. Yeah, so you have a car sitting in your bay to our part waiting for the head to come back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, literally, so the service manager. No one's happy about that if the shop's busy.
Speaker 21: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The other thing, the other thing that you did remind me of. I have had machine shops call up and say, hey, we found a crack or something, so then we do have to buy a new head.
Speaker 23: Absolutely, Yeah, we get them checked every time. You can't tell by looking at him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, Hey, thanks Kevin.
Speaker 3: I just I wanted to make sure that on a new one more than anything. I didn't know if people sent those out. All right, three zero three seven one three A two five five. Any problem you have, we'd love to talk to you. And Chopper is going to go make a call over to Carls Junior and I'm hoping in five minutes he reports back with its handled and then he can have Tom's dinger. All he wants a whole lot.
Speaker 14: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 15: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 14: Time for an insurance check up, free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 3: All right, threeh three seven one three eight two five five three zero three seven one three a two five five. You know. Discount Bath they are great people. I just have to talk about them for a minute. If you were listening during the commercial break, Suzanne startled the hell out of me, So I messed up there commercial. But here's what's great about them. You're talking great stuff done at a discount price. They can do the whole bathroom. They can help you with ideas. In other words, if you have a big tub and maybe you want to get rid of that and just have that walk in shower you already have, get that remodeled and take that extra space and make a bigger closet or a longer vanity, you name it. They can imagine it and they do it at a discount price. Or if you just want a old tub to show hour conversion, they can knock that out all day long. Discount Bath dot com. That's discount bath dot com. All right now three oh three seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 4: We do have lines open for the first time today.
Speaker 3: If you have any questions you need any help, three zero three Martino. And by the way, as I always say, that number works on and off the air. You can also email us at Helpi troubleshooter dot com. Any updates over there for you. Scott, you've been pretty You haven't been that busy lately. Huh, we haven't given you a lot.
Speaker 8: No, I haven't been that busy. The only update I.
Speaker 3: Have was what was it?
Speaker 8: It was a call last week? Oh it was the caller had had a missing check from Wales Fargo Mortgage for thirty one.
Speaker 3: Dollars for thirty one dollars, Right, thirty one dollars dollars. We're going to tack that on to our four hundred million, right did what was it though? Did you get it handled or well?
Speaker 8: He got a letter from Wells that said, have any questions, take this letter into a branch and they'll just issue you a check.
Speaker 3: The check got lost? Oh okay, no big deal, And that's amazing someone called us over thirty one bucks. But what's funny is like, how what was his question to us? I guess I don't get that part. In other words, if he got a letter saying go into a branch, why.
Speaker 4: Did he call us? Or did you reach out? Then he got that letter?
Speaker 8: No, I think what happened is he spent an hour and a half at a Wells Fargo branch because they couldn't figure out how to cut him a thirty one dollars check. Then the letter said if you don't respond by a certain date in June, he's just going to get turned over to the State of Colorado, the Great Colorado Payback.
Speaker 3: Yeah, then eventually let's do that. That's the easiest for thirty one bucks. Yeah, that's kind of crazy when people got to argue about thirty one bucks. So that was a little nuts Hues And when you freaked me out during a commercial, I'm sorry, Mark, What would you say is the most awkward moment in the last ten years on the air?
Speaker 7: Yeah, that would have been when you swore on the air a few months ago.
Speaker 3: Remember that I have not sworn on the air this year.
Speaker 7: Oh, I thought it was just a few months ago. Remember No, Oh, I think you're wrong.
Speaker 3: No, first of all, it was last year. You were all startled. I startled myself, is what you're saying. Yes, I realized what I said. I forget what I was so worked up about my biggest one. And I don't think anybody was with us at the time. We're going back so far. Is when Tom and I were screaming at each other at the top.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, that was awkward.
Speaker 3: I mean the top of our lungs. There was no one within this floor that probably didn't hear us. Yeah, And I'll tell you what it was about. It was about a John Doe lawsuit. What do you do when you get served a John Doe lawsuit? And what that is? If people download music back in the day, like through Nabster, or download movies, download something like that, they can actually the people that own that intellectual property can actually go too listen to this. They can actually go to your Internet service provider and ask them what IP it is, and they take that information and they draft a lawsuit and send it to John Doe because all they know about John Doe at that very given time is what that IP address is. Of course, your internet service provider knows who you are, who the address is, so they basically end up through court records, having to give those documents over through motions. So it was getting sued as a John Doe. And I don't remember the exact argument. I think I think Tom was saying, you can't sue a John Doe, and I knew, for damn sure you could sue a John Doe all day long under multiple different reasoning. But that happened to be the one on the call. I it escalated into what it was was amazing. It was damn good radio.
Speaker 7: Hey, remember the Bentley bath guy was really awkward.
Speaker 6: Mark, that was uncomfortable, Martino.
Speaker 3: This dude was sitting right across if you're looking at Troubleshooter, if you're looking at Troubleshooter network on YouTube, right where Scott is Bentley bath Man. This guy was sitting right over there. And he sold this lady a walk in tub, a walk in tub.
Speaker 4: The problem was she couldn't walk in it. She was a wide load.
Speaker 6: We went out to her house.
Speaker 3: I measured her bottom literally and it was a wide load. It was larger than what the door was on the walk in tub. And Bentley sold her the tub in her own house. Literally looking at her, she was so big I'll never forget this. Her recliner was a double sized recla it was one chair. She never fit in a regular recliner. She was big. And I say that because of how stupid Bentley had to be to sell this woman just walking bath. She literally can't get in and he charged medicaid for it. Somehow Medicaid got paid for this thing. So I forgot what Suzanne was saying. I forgot why that he was dumb coming in.
Speaker 7: I mean, that's what I was just gonna say, Like, if he was stupid selling that, he was really dumb coming in here, trying to defend himself.
Speaker 3: He was walking into a hornet's nest selling something. She literally couldn't use that company name, right. I think they're still around.
Speaker 6: That was a very awkward day.
Speaker 3: So he comes in and Tom, I forget what he said, but when you talk about unglued, Tom said, you son of a bitch. If that was my mother, I'd punch you in the head. And he Tom jumped up, and Bentley's sitting there, and I'm sitting where Suzanne's sitting and I'm like, damn, is time gonna jump over and bunch him. I never seen Martino that furious. Of course, he didn't lay a finger on him. And then whoever our board op was was like, this is escalating and went to break immediately.
Speaker 15: And then Bentley sat there.
Speaker 6: Mister Bentley bath. He stayed really cool and calm and collected. He stayed there yellow.
Speaker 3: And finally I'm like, I think I need to escort you out of this building.
Speaker 4: Brother.
Speaker 3: I can't believe he just sat there. I'm sure he was shell shocked, but he did. He sat there. It was That was remarkable. Everybody holds tight.
Speaker 14: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three o three seven seven to one. Help you'll I think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 3: All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five. We do have some lines open. We'd love to hear from me, you've been ripped off taking advantage of We got a couple hours to go. We're going to be sitting here kicking ass I got two deputies, the one right now choppers out talking to Carl's junior and surprisingly he's not ordering food. He's trying to get a lady's paycheck. So we're going to check back in with him in a few minutes. And meantime, we had a caller, uh First Hour, A nice lady called up First Hour Nick and asked this, and I said, I was going to get you on real quick, but then we got so busy it just didn't happen. So I told Kelly or Susanna, gets you on now. But she had a pretty simple question. I'm going to put you on the spot. Though she's already got new countertops or she's happy with her bath through countertops or flooring. The only thing she wants done is the old tub taken out and basically put in a shower. That's what she wants. I would assume a load, a load threshold or whatever's normal, so you know, not to not say you got to give an exact estimate for her, but if it was a normal sized tub if you will, and you have different price ranges. I know you were in studio last week and we talked about that. But give me a low side to a high side on doing just a conversion like that, no flooring, nothing else. So I assume that's basically the tile taken out, the old stuff, the pan, and then whatever the fixtures look like.
Speaker 4: But on the low end side, what are you thinking?
Speaker 16: You know, that's that's a good question, and that's usually what most people are always concerned about, you know, is you know what kind of price plan? And what I can tell you is this based off of the different types of materials I've seen. I've seen shower replacements be as low as ten to twelve thousand, as high as you.
Speaker 27: Know, twenty and then but people find themselves somewhere in the well yeah, I mean, we know there's showers out there that are easily eighty thousand, right, Yeah, But.
Speaker 3: You're saying just for a for a normal tub, the lower end's going to be around that ten grand.
Speaker 16: Yeah, that's going to be your your price performing materials things that are going to be at an aggressiveness point. But again, the more you do, the more features you add, that obviously can affect that those numbers and those are just general numbers. Everything is based off the homeowner's needs. Do they need a zero threshold?
Speaker 17: You know?
Speaker 4: Tell me about these then?
Speaker 3: What are these things we see advertised on TV where they come in, they grab the old tub and they put in this big piece of plastic that's like a walk in shower. I mean, for lack of the better words, that's isn't that what they do? It's like one big poured piece of plastic and then they just kind of put it in there. Am I crazy? Or do they advertise that stuff like late at night, at nicked night and all that?
Speaker 16: So you're what you're alluding to is a curlic shower system and there curlic shower systems typically they come in you know, sixty by ninety six with walls thirty thirty six by ninety six and a three wall kit. But they are just like you said, their plastic products. Yeah, you know, and for an affordable tower system, that's kind of what you what you're going to.
Speaker 4: Get in the what do you think something like that runs?
Speaker 3: I mean, like what you know after all the BS you watch these commercials, you like, you don't even know what they're by the end. I mean, I really don't know if it's a walking tub or a shower or whatever, but something like you just said, one of those three wall systems, where would they generally come in all in? Because it still costs the same to basically pull out the old tub and get everything ready. But that's got to be a lot cheaper than having a tile guy or someone that understands porcelain. And I don't know how the plumbing looks on that is that like one connection and the fixtures are built in. It looks like a pretty turnkey deal, but honestly it looks cheap as hell.
Speaker 16: Yes, and again I think in all companies have benefit to them product wise, that everybody has to choose what product they want to offer to consumers. I don't sell in a coach shower. I know that a lot of companies do, and good for them.
Speaker 3: I tend to like either, yeah, you're not in it's just not your game.
Speaker 18: Yeah No.
Speaker 16: I tend to like to offer a product that's going to add a little bit more of value. Yeah, and again I'm not saying.
Speaker 27: Anything derogatory about those products.
Speaker 16: Those are your price performing products.
Speaker 17: Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, And I appreciate it. That's what I was kind of looking for there. So you don't know where they start at. I mean they got to be to be more than five grand still.
Speaker 16: Right, Oh no, no, you're they're gonna be much more. They're gonna be twelve to twelve to twenty on the company.
Speaker 3: So they're actually they had that cheap stuff actually cost more than if you went in there and did something nice. I mean, you know, I'll say it like it is. Yeah, that's crazy and nick I gotta, I gotta do it. That music means it's time to go. All right, people, we got another hour coming up. Get your calls in now three zero three seven one three eight two five five three oho three Martino.
Speaker 14: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up. No obligation in comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty.
Speaker 1: Two, ripped tough news you need so you.
Speaker 5: Don't have.
Speaker 15: Run anxious.
Speaker 1: As fast as we can, show Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 12: Come man.
Speaker 2: This is the Troubleshooter Show Now, Tom Martinez.
Speaker 3: All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Welcome to the show, the only show of it's kind. We're here to solve problems, answer questions, take complaints, make your life a little bit better. I just got a text. It's kind of funny you guys.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 4: Susanne, of course remembers Dan Miller. Deputy Dan.
Speaker 6: I love Deputy Dan.
Speaker 3: Deputy Dan. We still keeping communications with. In fact, I haven't played racquetball with him for a long time. He switched to pickleball. He's kind of more of a pickleball player, where I'm more of a racquetball player, although I do like pick a ball. And I know he's listening, so I'm busting this chops there. But he mailed I'd still remember I had to measure the Bentley bath. Lady, you still owe me a beer over that one. We were over at her house and she was pretty big and we had to literally measure her for what we were doing with Bentley Bath because he sold her a walking tub she couldn't walk into, and I didn't want to go measure her, so I talked Deputy Dan into going over in measuring her backside. And there he is with this measuring tape measuring her and the guy Bentley really screwed him now, big time, absolutely big. But anyhow, I digress. We've got a Deputy Dan. What's up? Man? But anyhow, we got lines open. I'd love to hear from you. Three oh three seven one three eight two five five. I think we finally got to Metri up. Are you there, man?
Speaker 9: I am here ready to go when every guys need anything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're gonna head over after the show to see that lady that called in on Friday, Violet, Violet. We're gonna go over and see Violet. I had Tom talk to her for a little bit and his eyebrows didn't raise like mine did, so I'll be curious the true assessment when we get over there. What did you think mine are still up?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I can't.
Speaker 9: Yeah, something smells, something really really smells. When that guy wouldn't come on, wouldn't talk to you even on the phone, not just on the air, but you wouldn't even take a call from you.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I found that weird too, And it was because in her mind it was because he was military, which is kind of, you know, bizarre. I don't know, but we're going to find out today. Hopefully everything's okay for people to don't know what the hell we're talking about.
Speaker 4: Stories pretty simple.
Speaker 3: She called in with the car question on Friday, but the car question was somebody she can't really leave her house. She's an older lady in her eighties, and basically, this guy named Michael's helping her out, and Michael sold her car for her. But then she got a text from Michael saying, like, the guy's not happy with the car. We might have to give him his money back or something along that line. And then as soon as I heard that, I'm going, who is this Michael? And we start asking her questions, and then we learned that she's going to give Michael power of attorney, and I was like, well, once again, who is this Michael. The only good news I remember, Dimitri, is at least she got Michael from And Michael could be the best guy in the world. My god, he could be a great volunteer that's going to help out. But with the whole car thing and her really not knowing what was going on with the money with the car, then saying that Michael's lawyer was drafting up a power of attorney. I'm going wait a second, and her husband died? When did her husband die? It was like a year ago, Mark, And she knew you big time. She must have called in all the time. Yeah, she was like, where Suzanne today? And that was Friday, right, So you know exactly who I'm talking about.
Speaker 6: I know, Violet, sweet lady.
Speaker 4: Yeah, very sweet lady.
Speaker 3: So hopefully we can get to the bottom of that and hopefully there's nothing the faery us going on. I wanted to get Henry Brettzon since we're a little slow by the way. Three three seven one three eight two five five. Hey, Henry, I sent you pictures of my house. Have you ever seen so much al in your life?
Speaker 25: You know what, It's been a rare occurrence, but I think I've seen that maybe once or twice, and it almost looks like snow banks.
Speaker 16: It's pretty impressive.
Speaker 3: And we still had them around the house. In fact, we still do right now where some of the rooflines come together and all the snow dumps here. We've got a pile that's still probably two three feet. It's absolutely insane. Did this hail though, in what areas did it hit? I know there was one in Colorado Springs, but I'm talking more like Douglas County.
Speaker 4: We're who should be looking.
Speaker 25: Yeah, so there was some pretty substantial hail in Castle Rock. We saw like an inch and inch and a half two inch tail.
Speaker 3: Oh that's roof damage. Yeah for most that's roof damage, right.
Speaker 25: And yeah, absolutely there's some little pockets. I don't have that hail map just right in front of me. I think there's about four areas kind of in that Castle Rock area across that stretch.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe up to Monument Yeah, and Monument too.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So I know Elbert got nailed. I mean, I couldn't believe it. In Franktown, man, I have never driven well with the except of a white out, I have never driven to where I can't see. I was lucky. I was still in our neighborhood. We were going to head up to Castle Rock to get some dinner, and it just hit so fast. Thank god I turned around because by the time we got home.
Speaker 4: Well you saw it. I sent you that video.
Speaker 3: But that hail proof roof once again that you put on our house man, no problems whatsoever. Some of our gutters came down, but you guys sent somebody over yesterday and they got all our gutters put back up.
Speaker 25: Answeet glad to hear that. And then just for all the homeowners listening, remember it's super important to have a company out there first before your insurance to verify if you have hail damage. So what I recommend is that you give someone like Excel roof and a call will come out there just verify if you have hail damage and if you should file an insurance plans.
Speaker 3: Well, explain why that's important, though, Henry, explain literally, why is it important to call somebody like Excel before your insurance company.
Speaker 25: What happens is the insurance they won't they won't put the will claim on your record if you just call, but you're putting them on notice, and so it's telling the insurance company, hey, this customers a more high risk than the other ones, and that will it'll get a claim on your record in some cases, and it'll cause your rates to go up. So it's really best to make sure you don't have damage first before having the adjuster out there.
Speaker 3: According to Compass Insurance, if you call up period and have them come out and check your roof for damage, you're on the clue report just like you said, period. End of story, and you do start looking like high risk. You know, someone goes to shop you and or you go to shop other insurance companies when your homeowners renews and they look at your clue report and all of them share information to this. It's like a credit report and they see, oh, this guy has called up every time at HAILS. So he's called up four times and there's never been any kind of issue as far as damage. But he's sure looking for damage or she's sure looking for damage. How many roofs got hurt in Castle Rock, Henry. Have you guys have been out there on the ground. Is it pretty bad or what happened?
Speaker 25: Yeah, we've been out there and it's a little like the main focal point probably is a couple of hundred homes.
Speaker 3: Where is it? You know what neighborhood is it? Like the meadows is it? I don't even know, Plum Creek, Red Creek.
Speaker 18: Yeah, it's let me.
Speaker 25: I have it up here on my phone.
Speaker 23: It looks like.
Speaker 25: Right by Palmer Lake. Oh wow, Palmer Lake had the worst hail. Yeah, so there's a neighborhood in there, you know what.
Speaker 3: Pretty smoked. Susanna and I are literally going to Palmer Lake to meet this older woman. She lives in Palmer Lake. That's crazy. I'll eyeball around and see, uh what I see out there. But if they had one inch hal, that's got to be massive. That's more than just roof damage.
Speaker 25: Yeah, that wasn't just one inch hal. That was one have in jail, in jail right there in Palmer Lake. And so that's the main focal point.
Speaker 3: You guys gotta be You and your dad got to be sitting around just rubbing your hands together, going hale. You're probably the only people, well you and every other roofer that love hail, right. The rest of us are like, oh, not another hailstorm. But man, if you're in the business, you gotta love a good hailstorm, don't you.
Speaker 25: You know it's good for business.
Speaker 23: But we don't want to.
Speaker 25: We don't want to wish you know, harm, No.
Speaker 3: Of course not like no, of course not. But it's like an auto mechanic. You know, he wants the bad engines to come in the transmissions that are going out, and it likes bad break jobs alternators, of course they do.
Speaker 4: But anyhow, excel.
Speaker 3: Roofing, Henry, I wanted to get you out exactly for that reason though, I wanted to see where it hits, so pretty much Elbert County, so out in Elizabeth Franktown, which I lived through was insane, and then going all the way up to Palmer and then Castle Rock. These guys will come out, they'll look at your roof, they'll tell you whether or not you've got to claim and to call your insurance company. And other than that, I mean, that's what you need. Don't call your insurance company. First, you get the free advice from excel Roofing. They've been on a referral list for like twenty five years. And what I love about them is you don't pay a cent until you're content. And honestly too, Henry. If someone did sign a contract with you, then all of a sudden change in their mind for whatever reason, as long as you guys didn't have materials delivered, you guys let people out of the agreement, don't you.
Speaker 25: That is exactly correct, as long as we do not have materials ordered there.
Speaker 5: Yep.
Speaker 25: And there's there's calation seeing nothing.
Speaker 3: There's roofers right now knocking on doors in castle Rock saying here, sign this so I can go check your roof for a free hail check. And people don't realize they're getting tricked into signing a contract right now.
Speaker 4: So if you're out in castle Rock, mark what's that real quick?
Speaker 25: Most roofers have a twenty to twenty five percent cancelation fee that's super important for homeowners. And know I've seen it even go as high as thirty percent.
Speaker 3: That's crazy.
Speaker 25: Sign with the roof for at the door and they decide that, hey, this is a sleeze ball, we don't want to go with them, and they switch to another contract contractor We've seen people get sued over that for that cancelation fee.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they usually win if it's very cautious.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And the other thing is you bring up something for everybody out there. Maybe you're listening to this and you sign something a couple days ago, you do have three day right to rescind. In Colorado four stuff sold.
Speaker 4: Door to door.
Speaker 3: I don't want to confuse people but that's one of the things. It's for also gym memberships and a few other things. But if it's sold at your house by a company coming to you, you generally have three days. You also have it on certain loans, but really you're certain financing, I should say, but that's one of the things too. So if you did sign something and all of a sudden you're going, I didn't like that roof, or you have three days to give them that written notice, you got to look at that contract and figure it out, because most roofing companies are not like Excel, where they're going to let you out of the contract.
Speaker 4: If you don't want to do business with them.
Speaker 3: I mean, why people would want to do business with somebody that doesn't want to do business with them, I don't know. But that's Henry Brandt's three oh three seven six one sixty four hundred. Just call up, they'll come out. They're honest. They've done my roof done a ton of roofs for tom. The one they sold me is helproof. I don't even got to check it anymore. Literally, we'd have to have like three or four inch hal before I would even have any kind of damage. Except I did have gutter damage. They took care of three oh three seven six one sixty four hundred or excel Roofing dot com Air a hold type. We'll figure out what's going on with that contract. We got some lines open three zero three Martino three oh three seven one three eight two five y five.
Speaker 14: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 15: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 14: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation in comparison, call Compass Insure paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 3: All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five three oh three Martino, you need any advice? Been ripped off? Taking advantage of if myself and the deputies and Suzanne and Kelly can help you.
Speaker 4: We have a list of experts.
Speaker 3: As you know. A referral is dot com. Where else can you get free legal advice three zero three seven, one three eight two five five. Now let's go to Era Era. What is going on with you?
Speaker 5: Hey, how you doing Tom?
Speaker 3: I'm doing good, Era.
Speaker 13: Well, I had.
Speaker 5: A tractor come out to do some remodeling in my bathroom and he messed things up, really really bad, and every time we tried to talk to him about it, he's like, oh, we're going to fix that. And so now I have two bathrooms that are pretty messed up, and I'm not sure what my legal rights are to make sure that he doesn't put a lean on my home. He wants to charge me for this stuff. I just got the invoice from them. I fired him this morning. So I'm just kind of like, what's my recourse for being able to say, Hey, you know you didn't do this. We're gonna have to rip it all out. The stuff that you did is going to need to be repaired.
Speaker 3: When did he do the job?
Speaker 5: When did he do the job?
Speaker 3: When did he start?
Speaker 5: Well, the first one he started at the beginning of this month.
Speaker 3: Okay, so I mean not even a month ago. So on let's just call it five to one. So on five, when he comes out and does one bathroom where he starts on him both at the same time. He did the first bathroom, and then when he finished that out of curiosity, why did you have them do the second one if you weren't happy with the first one?
Speaker 5: Oh, it was fine at first. Oh man, I started noticing where the baseboards are all buckling, and now the floor itself is buckling. And he had already started on the second bathroom.
Speaker 3: Okay, is he willing to fix what's going on? And when you say buckling, I mean like, what kind of is it? LVT? What did he use for the flooring?
Speaker 5: Yeh, he used the LVT And it looks like when I look at the pictures of before it, because I'm one that keeps track of jobs as we're going, it looks like he removed the old tile and there wasn't anything underneath it and they just put it on whatever that old particle board was.
Speaker 3: Okay, So they didn't use so they didn't use the proper surface. So when you brought that up to him, let's just talk about that first bathroom when it started buckling, what did he say?
Speaker 5: He said, it's the problem is with the floor, and he filed a complaint with floor and decre.
Speaker 3: He's saying, the problem is with the actual materials the LVT.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, but.
Speaker 4: Yet he didn't use.
Speaker 3: He didn't use I can't think of the name of that board underneath there, whatever it.
Speaker 5: Is, it looks like it's just all it is is like particle board. And this house was built in nineteen seventy. It's probably from back there. There was at one point because when my son, who the master plumber, came in to put the toilet, the first piece popped up and he said, well, I know that that floor underneath it was good because I tried to push through it with my finger and I couldn't.
Speaker 3: I wonder if his water gotten through to it.
Speaker 5: Since he's done it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, since he's done it, I'm trying to understand even if even if he just went over at least as smooth prep material of some kind, even if the underlayment was just particle board or what was there just plywood, I mean, it shouldn't still buckle the plywood shouldn't buckle up on it. It's almost like something else is wrong or somehow water got under it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know that that could have happened.
Speaker 3: Since let's get I want to ask. Yeah, hold on, Suzanne, hefer get big bear on for me. I'm going to ask him about that. But let's let's move on from that part. So it's happening regardless if it's a material or not. But if it is a material, let's say he's correct, then they'll come back and they will pay him to redo it and give him new material. I don't know how long it takes. Is someone from the manufacturer already called you and are going to come out and look at it?
Speaker 4: Or what.
Speaker 5: I called Lauren decor because I didn't want the file because he filed the complaint and I wanted the complaint filed under my name, Okay, And they said they have a whole legal department that will come out and check that out. That one's already been paid for.
Speaker 3: Okay, But have they come out and checked it out yet.
Speaker 13: No.
Speaker 5: I just did this this morning. I got a second call.
Speaker 3: I got you so and you paid for that project? Is that the only problem with it? The flooring?
Speaker 19: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Okay, so the second.
Speaker 5: One flooring, well, it's the flooring and the baseboard.
Speaker 3: Well, because it's moving with the flooring, right, yeah, yeah, okay, Now let's go to the second bathroom. What's going on with that one?
Speaker 5: Well, but when they put the tile down, it's these little octagon ones that have to be grouded in between.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can picture it.
Speaker 5: Some of them are, yes, some of them are so close together. It's so not uniform that there's no way you could get tired, you could get out in there. And they're saying, oh, this would all be fixed once we grout it, And I'm like, I had another guy, tile guy come out, and while he was very professional and saying I don't like to talk bad about anybody else, yeah, and I was like, could this have been done better? He said absolutely, Wow, these need to have grout in between them. Or did he say it was hold on, hold on and looked at because they also did the shower floor the drain is above.
Speaker 3: Did he say, hold on, era, era, hold on, just I want to stick to one thing. I'm the tile did the guy that came out the expert. Did they say it was industry standards so or not? In other words, it could have been done better, he would have done it better. But was it industry standards or he didn't even say that, or did he say it was a horrible job?
Speaker 5: I say, I think, yeah, he didn't say it's a horrible job. Okay, but I have other people in the construction business who have said it's.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got you so, But he still hasn't grouted that.
Speaker 5: No. I stopped him because I'm I am concerned.
Speaker 3: What else does what else does he have to finish on that project? So we know you don't like the tile, and it hasn't been grounded, so you're going to hire someone to reset it, I guess, and then grouted. Is that kind of where you're at.
Speaker 5: Probably all wouldn't have to be ripped up, And the way he puts the shower drain in, it actually can't because the water would sit on the sides of the drain.
Speaker 3: Because where where is it.
Speaker 5: It's in the center of the shower.
Speaker 3: Okay, And you're saying the pan just doesn't all till to the center. I mean a lot of showers have it in the middle.
Speaker 5: The tile is lower than the drain, so it wouldn't drain into it. It would It didn't. It's not level.
Speaker 3: So it's if you pour a bucket of water in there, some water stays standing.
Speaker 5: It's going to stay standing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, I mean it's going to you're saying it should at this point, right, I mean it does. I mean, in other words, you could show him that it does it by pouring water in there.
Speaker 5: Well, it's not sealed, so I can't pour water in there to show him that.
Speaker 3: I see, but you're by eyeballing it. It's pretty it seems like.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's almost a finger. The tile is a finger, almost a finger with below the drains, and it should be If anything, if it's not going to be level, the dream needs to be lower.
Speaker 3: All right, So what else has to be done in that project?
Speaker 5: Well, the problem with that is that if that all has to be ripped up, then all of the bett bracker board, all of the weedy tile, tie, floor, shower pan, Yeah, all of that will have to be replaced.
Speaker 3: All right, hold on, I'm going to get one of our experts up a big bear Robert Bremo with big boar floor, big big bear flooring. Anybody. I got to take this break. I got dragging in there like throwing what is that finger? That better be your index finger? I see there. You better hold on. By the way, this hour brought to you by Frank Duran, the real estate man. How I love the you know Frank made U so much money in our house in Red Hawk in Castle Rocky was unbelievable. His secret sauce is crazy. He's just really good at what he does. He sells more homes in one month and most realtors in the state sell in a year. Frank Duran Holmes dot com.
Speaker 14: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 3: You know Nick and the gang at renew Home Innovation. They love doing bathrooms. I mean really, let's get down to it. If you need a quote on getting your bathroom done, just a tub, the shower conversion, or the entire bathroom, these guys will give you a great price. Check them out at renew Home Innovations dot com. In fact, Nick was on the show today and they have got some of those conversions starting at under ten thousand dollars, which, for you know, if you shop around, that's pretty cheap, believe it or not. So once again, if you are getting quotes on bathrooms, you're crazy not to reach out and at least get one doesn't cost you anything. Renew home Innovations dot com. Now I've got one of our flooring experts up, Robert Bremmel. I call him Big Bear and his company's Big Bear Flooring. Hey, Robert, what's going on man?
Speaker 28: Not much, just enjoying the beautiful day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is nice out hey our floor by the way, you did a real bang up job on that. Man, We couldn't be more happy. The new hardwood is gorgeous. It blended in with the stuff you sanded down. We love how much time and effort you took into the colors. But just great stuff. But let's talk about er real quick. She had a contractor come out and do her bathroom and one of her main complaints actually two bathrooms, but on one of the bathrooms they put down LVT and it's buckling. My understanding is LVT in a bathroom doesn't necessarily need an underlayment.
Speaker 4: Is that correct?
Speaker 3: It can go right on plywood, or because it's in a moist area, it always does need it. What do you know about LVT because what happened is very shortly after he put it in. In fact, how long after era did it start buckling?
Speaker 5: It's been out three weeks now.
Speaker 4: Three weeks after he put it in, it started buckling.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And then not only that.
Speaker 5: Well, when they put the toilet in, it buckled. When they when they put the toilet in, it.
Speaker 3: Buckled just around the toilet area.
Speaker 5: One of the pieces that the toilet was was secured to popped up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but wait a minute, why couldn't they just fix that one piece?
Speaker 1: They did?
Speaker 3: Oh okay?
Speaker 5: And then another piece started buckling a couple of weeks.
Speaker 3: Later, just right around the toilet again or where.
Speaker 13: Yep?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 3: And did they fix that one? Is that all fixed now?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 3: So it keeps coming back up, and then all.
Speaker 5: The baseboard started buckling too.
Speaker 3: Okay. But Robert, just off of what you know right there, do you have any insight.
Speaker 28: There's been I've heard a couple of different things there. One they could have and we set toilets on top of LVP all the time, even though it's not suggested to do so, we still have done it, not had any prositian buckling. It could be that they drove the holes too tight for the toilet fixture boats to go through, and so it's actually not giving it anywhere to move, so it buckles. That floor has to have a quarter in space around any heart surface or any permanent service.
Speaker 3: So that would be an installation issue, not a product because what the people are saying is it's a product issue.
Speaker 21: Yeah, it could be.
Speaker 28: Now the product issue would only come into consideration. I don't think it is a product issue at this point after hearing what she said, but would be if it was in the center of the floor or something. And even then it would have to have some movement from underneath to where it was called letting the tongues break or the grooves you know, not hold together. But it sounds to me like it is something that when they put the they drilled the holes for the bolts for the toilet, they might have it too tight.
Speaker 3: Got it, And which makes sense. It's just too much pressure on it.
Speaker 28: Yeah, and that's easy to figure out they pulled the toilet up to be able to see and that then they that's a really easy fix.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, I get it. That's what I wanted to know on the LVT. I mean, it just doesn't sound like a product efect to you.
Speaker 28: No, and it doesn't need most of them. I just looked at pull into Core's website. All of their lvps are water resis water proof. Yeah, you don't need a moisture barrier on any elba.
Speaker 9: It can go right on the plywood, yes sir, Yes.
Speaker 3: Sir, so either concrete or plywood, yes sir. Yeah, all right, Hey Robert, I appreciate that he's with Big Bear Flooring. He's great guy. Anybody out there, any flooring. This is the guy. They've got stuff for fix and flips or you know, a million dollar homes, you name it, take into it. What they did on the hardwood in our house is just gorgeous. Three oh three nine three three say two seven. So here's what I'd like to do. And ra am I saying your name correctly?
Speaker 4: Is it ar a ara O? Got it?
Speaker 9: All right?
Speaker 3: Do me a favorite.
Speaker 5: He also blamed the product.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I get it, I get it, but we've got a few things we got to digest here. What I'd like to do is get the guy's information and see if he would come on with us. You got a problem with that, all right? Hold on, Kelly, get the contractor's info before I start asking about his name and his company name and everything else.
Speaker 4: Let's try to get him on. I want to see what he's willing to do.
Speaker 3: What I'm afraid of is basically she fired him, and that's what he's going to stick behind. So we got to figure out what the damages are and move forward. And Bill's got a question on a contract too. Hold type, Bill, I promise your next three oh three seven one, three eight, two five five.
Speaker 14: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 15: You don't pay a cent until you're content. Wait time for.
Speaker 14: An insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty.
Speaker 3: Two right three oh three seven three eight two five five over three hundred million dollars cash, merchandise exchanges refunds literally gotten back over a forty five year period. Right here. If you've been ripped off or taking advantage of you, or someone has taken advantage of you, we want to hear from you. Three oh three seven one three eight two five five. I want to get back to this because there's a few things going on here with this tile. I understand the job's not good, Kelly. Did we try to get to this contractor we did?
Speaker 6: I left him a message?
Speaker 4: Did he have a normal message?
Speaker 6: Or it was automated?
Speaker 3: So, I mean it doesn't say hi, you've reached youever.
Speaker 24: Doesn't say the name of his company or anything like that.
Speaker 4: So when you fired him, what exactly did you tell him? And when did that happen?
Speaker 3: You already paid for one bathroom, I assumed did you pay anything for the second bathroom?
Speaker 5: Just for the sub floor they did, I mean there weren't like some of the stuff that they did. They did a good job on but they're no good at floors and tile and yeah, so they had to redo the sub floor in the second bathroom. They probably should have needed to do that in the first one too.
Speaker 4: Well maybe so they did a good job with that, keep going.
Speaker 5: I mean, as far as I know, with a good job. It looked like a good job. But I'm not a contractor.
Speaker 3: Well, how much have you paid him out of the entire projects? I mean, like twenty thousand? How much have you paid them?
Speaker 27: No?
Speaker 4: Four four thousand totals? So the one bathroom was for was how much.
Speaker 5: The one bathroom was twenty six hundred? Let's see, I've got these right now.
Speaker 3: That's amazingly cheap. That's so cheap I can't even believe it. So he did the tile. What else did he do in that bathroom? Not what else is wrong with it? But what else did he do.
Speaker 5: In the main bathroom in the first one?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the first one.
Speaker 5: He regrouted the tild Yeah, for the shower, did a great job with all of that. There was some drywall repair in the wall behind the toilet. They did a good job with that. He painted all right, and then they did the floor. Those were the big things.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And then in the second bathroom. How much have you paid them? And how much would that job be.
Speaker 5: Okay, let me just.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to figure out what your damages are because your original question was you're afraid he's going to lean the property.
Speaker 5: And you know what, I've just realized I never signed a contract with something that the main bathroom, the total was two thousand and five forty six.
Speaker 3: God, that's so cheap, it's crazy. You can't even get a contractor to show up for that now, and then how much on the second one?
Speaker 5: Looking at that right now? One thousand and five and fifty six for this for the how much one thousand and five fifty six for the subfloor.
Speaker 3: The sub floor, just for the subfloor, and then then there's more money for the actual.
Speaker 4: Tile, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I have you know what, let me I want to take a different approach to that was.
Speaker 5: Not any of the supplies, though I bought all this I got you.
Speaker 3: You paid for that.
Speaker 4: You're paying him for labor.
Speaker 3: So where it stands right now, you're saying you've got to start over on certain things like that first bathroom, the floor, and redo the sub floor. How much money does he want to go away?
Speaker 19: Uh?
Speaker 5: He just sent me an invoice.
Speaker 3: How much is it?
Speaker 5: I think it was forty six hundred and change.
Speaker 3: Forty six hundred. So he's saying he's done that much work. In other words, if you paid him the forty six hundred bucks, he'd walk away.
Speaker 6: But she's already paid him for a grand I thought, she said, Mark.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but she's asking, aren't you. But he's asking for another forty six right, yeah, so he wants a total of eighty six. All right, hold on three oh three seven one, three eight two five five, Bill, I promise I'll get to you. We're almost done with her, and then we'll move on three oh three Martina, go.
Speaker 14: With a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 15: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 14: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Ript need so you don't.
Speaker 13: Have to.
Speaker 1: Runs as can no shoot is good.
Speaker 12: The help come man.
Speaker 4: This is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 3: No Tom Martine, welcome my friends to the only show of it's kind. We're here to solve problems, answer questions, take complaints. If you've been ripped off, if you need help with a contractor or possibly a landlord, or possibly a bad tenant you need to evict, we are here to help you. Three oh three seven one, three eight two five five three oh three Martino. And please, if you're listening to a podcast, tell everybody, tell your friends. We help people in every single state out there. You can email us at help at troubleshooter dot com twenty four to seven help at troubleshooter dot com, or call that three oh three Martino phone number anytime when we're on the air, it comes directly to us. When we're off, sometimes we answer it directly, but generally you'll leave a message and one of us will reach back out to you. Now, we were talking to Aras. She had a contractor come in. She's not happy with the work. That's the bottom line. The floor's buckling. She paid four thousand dollars for one bathroom. The contractor started working on her second project and she's run into issues. Bottom line, she doesn't like it.
Speaker 4: Ara, you fired him.
Speaker 3: As you put it this morning, he's trying to collect four thousand dollars. More So, your original question, though, was can he put a lien on the house? Is that really where your question is going?
Speaker 5: What is my legal responsibility? What to paying him and also to get reimbursed for crappy work that he did.
Speaker 3: Well, if he's going to put a lien on your house, he's going to initiate everything. So in Colorado, a lien's pretty straight forward. He's within the timeframe. It sounds like they have to give you a ten day notice within they have to give that to you within four months of the last time they worked in your house. So he can give you the ten day notice, then he's basically files a lien, and then he has six months from the last day that he was in your house. So let's say it was May first. He's got six months from May first to send you the ten day notice to actually file the lien with the county. Then he's got to take you to court and win and get a judgment to perfect the lien within that six months, or he's got to file the case within six months. But that's where you'll have the argument with the judge. You're actually in the best position right now. Now you've got to put together your defense because he's basically going to say this lady wouldn't let me finish, and I did four thousand dollars worth of work and she didn't pay me. That's basically what he's going to say, right Suzanne.
Speaker 7: Hey, Mark, My question is is there anything the contractor had to do in order to file this lien, Like does he have to have a signed contract with his client and that kind of thing.
Speaker 3: No, okay, no, he does not. He can file lien just based upon the work he did in there. I mean, I guess if she was going to have a defense saying, hey, he's never been in my house, never did any work, but the contract's going to have very little to do it.
Speaker 7: Remember a few months ago with a woman her daughter signed the contract, but used her but used her mom's credit card for improvements on her mom's home. But the credit card company sided.
Speaker 3: With that's fine, but that's not a judge a credit card company very well, okay, yeah, it is. A credit card company only cares about if there was fraud. When it came to the credit card. They have nothing to do with the judgment. Okay, So that's what this guy will have to do now, aara, when you go to court, if he actually does all that stuff and you have a court date, and you show up the court date, you need to have something from a contractor or from some experts saying, hey, this job was horrible and it was not up to standards, and we understand why she didn't pay him because the guy couldn't even build a drain. For example, you're on the drain was higher than the tub pan, meaning the shower would never And here's pictures of the floor buckling because the toilet was down too tight. Here's pictures of what the flooring would have looked like in the second project that was crooked as hell. I mean, you're gonna have whatever evidence you have, then the judge is going to render a decision. I mean, that's how it's gonna work. So he's got to serve you the ten days.
Speaker 5: Okay, and he's got six months to do that, if I understand that properly.
Speaker 3: No, he's got four months to actually file the lean. But before he can file the lean, before he can file it. He's got to send you a ten day notice. He's got to send you that ten day notice and file the lean after ten days, within four months from the last day he was at the job site, meaning your house. Okay, then within six months from the last day he was at your house. He has to fight file the actual lawsuit. Now it doesn't have to fall within six months. In other words, he's got to file it within six months. The court date could easily be a year away, but that's where the perfection of the lean would come. He actually gets the judgment. Now we got a valid lean. Now he could foreclothes on your house, if you know, if it worked out that way, or you would simply pay him whatever he's asking for. If that's how the judge ruled. Does that make sense to you? It does so, Really, the ball is in one hundred percent his court. Thank goodness, you didn't pay him on the second bathroom, being as how the first one still has problems and the second one looked horrible. I still don't understand how a guy could build a shower or a tub even to where the drain is higher than the rest of it. The drains in the middle and it literally you're telling me it literally sits higher than the rest of it, and he considers it done.
Speaker 5: Yeah, until I pointed out to him, he sause, oh, no, we know that needs to be raised. But when I had the other tile expert come in, he said, to raise this, it's going to damage what's underneath from being waterproof.
Speaker 3: So basically he should have it needs to start over on the pan. How do you find this guy anyhow? Honestly used hurt cheap. I never heard of getting a bathroom done for twenty five hundred bucks. Oh, I keep forgetting she bought all the materials, but still that's very cheap on labor and everything. You must have kept the same cabinets and stuff like that.
Speaker 4: Right, Well, I.
Speaker 5: Got all my own. I the demo, any demo that happened in that first bathroom was friends of mine. So all they had to do was come in.
Speaker 3: So they came in and dropped in a cabinet, dropped in and put the floor in. Okay, okay, all right, well you got any more questions any of the cabinets? The uh?
Speaker 5: I did, but now I don't remember what it was.
Speaker 3: That's right, you got the number, honestly, So that's it. You got to just sit back wait for him to serve. A lot of people don't kind of know those timeframes. So if someone tries to lean your house, for example, seven months after the job's done, or even five months or four months in one day, I mean, they're not within the timeframe. And they also have to give you that warning of ten days. Now a lot of people will get that ten day warning, and then that's when a deal will be cut because the homeowner gets afraid of that. And I mean, you're only talking four thousand dollars, so I assume he'd only take you a small claims court. It'd be crazy for him to hire an attorney to go to county court over four thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: It would be insane.
Speaker 3: So if he takes you to small claims court, that's good because you're not going to have to go through discovery. You're not going to have to do anything. It's two people that aren't attorneys discussing to a magistrate or a judge or possibly an arbitrator or a mediator in coming to a conclusion. I mean, it's pretty straightforward. Who's got the witnesses? Who has some pictures? I mean it could go either way. This guy might be able to prove to the judge, well, I would have fixed that if she gave me the opportunity to fix it. That's one thing you got to be nervous on if you never gave him the opportunity to fix it. So you better prove to him. Look, he had to fix this other bathroom five times. He couldn't get it right. I I lost any respect for the guy in his craft. Three zho three seven one.
Speaker 15: Three eight two five five.
Speaker 3: We got lines open.
Speaker 4: I'd love to hear from you. Three zero three Martino.
Speaker 14: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much you're covering jet Dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 3: All right three O three seven one three eight two five five you've been ripped off and taken advantage of. We'd love to hear from you any questions. It's a great time to call three oh three Martino. We were talking during the break. I gotta fly to see our sun and Chadron, Nebraska. Man, it's a small town, under five thousand people, and I was looking up what airlines fly out of there, and the only thing that flies basically from this area, it doesn't matter if it's Centennial or DIA is Southern Express Airways.
Speaker 4: And it's cheap enough.
Speaker 3: Listen to this. It's like eighty nine bucks. Let's it's a two hundred bucks round trip if you drive this Shadron. How far is its ues in it's.
Speaker 6: About I thought it was five hours fifteen minutes, so.
Speaker 4: It's five hours plus.
Speaker 3: We have learned the one thing bad about electric cars, these little rural towns like this one. I mean this, Chadron's under five thousand people. The next closest decent sized cities a couple hours at least an hour and a half, and charging becomes an issue. There's definitely no superchargers there. Yes, we could take our little charger we have and plug it into a wall. Somewhere, but that takes that could take a day or two to charge a car, and I'm not kidding. So one of the things you can do, just talking about that real quick is you can find a campground if they have a fifty amp and plug it in through a fifty amp. But then generally you gotta pay for a night at camping. So I'm gonna fly out.
Speaker 5: So I did the.
Speaker 3: Dumbest thing ever. I don't know if anybody out there has ever done this. I look up the company I'm so used to looking up company, and I never heard of this, Southern Airways Express. Never heard of it. So I look it up and I'm like, wow, the price is right, eighty nine bucks fly out of DIA. It's a one hour flight. So I happened to google Southern Express Airways safety record, and I really wish till this day I did this. Just the other day, I wish I didn't, And it says in March twenty twenty four, the FAA proposed a three hundred or two hundred and eighty thousand dollars penalty against Southern Airways Express for allegedly operating aircraft with an unqualified pilot on thirty two commercial flights. Also, a letter from a mayor to the US Department of Transportation raised concerns about Southern Airways Express allowing planes to fly overweight, endangering passenger safety, pilot shortage, and pay concerns. Pilots who've worked for him have raised concerns about the airline safety practices, citing a pilot change.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's been nice knowing you, market, it's been nice being married to you for thirty plus years.
Speaker 3: In low pay and lead and they say the airline has pressured them to fly regardless of weather condition. And then there's staffing issues and then employee reviews, and it's pretty crazy. So I've never looked up an airline that has a safety record from less than like eight months ago.
Speaker 4: That seems really bad.
Speaker 6: Do they allow luggage or what?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can have a carry on, I mean that is kind of what it is, but I can't parachute.
Speaker 6: Let's buy you a parachute just in case.
Speaker 3: It's kind of weird and then you go. But still it's the safest method of flying. It would be very strange if someone that fl for him was listening to this show as I'm talking about here and welcomes me aboard. That would just be uh, that would be absolutely.
Speaker 4: Crazy, Scott.
Speaker 3: You ever flew on an airline that you've never heard of before? This might be the first airline I have ever flown on that like literally doesn't have a name. We've all heard.
Speaker 18: Yeah, I.
Speaker 9: I don't think so.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I was looking at the website and that Southern whatever airline.
Speaker 3: Yes, you know, as much as I used to bitch about Frontier, and really I don't bitch about him anymore, they've kind of Once you learn to fly Frontier, I mean, you know, it's not that bad.
Speaker 6: Once you learn the system.
Speaker 3: Yeah, once you understand what to do and what not to do. I mean that all you can eat past folks for what would we pay for it this last time?
Speaker 6: Bucks?
Speaker 3: Three hundred bucks for all you can eat to fly anywhere Frontier flies. I mean there's a lot of you know, there's a lot of red tape to get around there, and you got to you gotta understand the system. Once you understand the system, you can't get a better deal than that.
Speaker 6: So true, Mark, I just I don't mind Frontier at all.
Speaker 3: I don't mind him at all anymore.
Speaker 7: Going to Las Vegas I don't know if i'd like it going over to Germany or something that far.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they don't, but it would be crazy. I think their longest flight's probably like I would guess.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 6: They fly down to Cankun. Don't they take them to Cancun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we flew them to Cancun, and I think they fly. They fly maybe to the Virgin Islands. They fly to a few places like that.
Speaker 13: Yep.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 9: Airlines, Mark, Yeah, I'm just reading a story about how Southern Southern Airways Express Grand Caravan made an emergency landing on a freeway about a year ago.
Speaker 4: That's great, Thank you, Stee.
Speaker 6: We appreciate that.
Speaker 3: Thanks de Yeah.
Speaker 9: Following a following a following a shattering noise that the engine made, according to reports from the airplane, Well everybody survived, and I see a picture of it. It ran into a guardrail. Could you imagine everybody made it?
Speaker 3: Can you just imagine being on a plane and like literally the Captain's like, all right, we're gonna land on the highway or something. I mean, it would just be so surreal. It would probably all happen so quick. The bottom line is you're either dead or not right. They say, there's no such thing as a bad crash if you walk away.
Speaker 11: Right.
Speaker 9: But you know what's really disturbing is it looks like he landed facing the wrong way on the freeway.
Speaker 15: Hey, well he came.
Speaker 3: Onto oncoming traffic. That was probably the guy the FAA said was unqualified to pilot that aircraft.
Speaker 7: Mark there's only what one so I know that's been in a plane crash do you know who that is? Or a plane wreck exactly, so you're kind of well seasoned.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was in a plane crash. Did you know that? Well, d you would have never known that we were coming back. So growing up my parents, my dad had like he started with a little one fifty two, wanted to learn how to fly, and then that was kind of his passion. On the weekends, we had a one fifty two. Actually we had a one fifty, then a little one fifty two Sesna, then a one seventy two, then a two to ten. You basically just kind of keep upgrading. I mean that's just how these pilots like doing it, I guess, and then you kind of work your way up. But we were in a bonanza coming back from far up coming back from Phoenix, and we were going to land in Albuquerque and then Albuquerque basically to Oklahoma. Tulsa, Yeah, Tulsa, and a friend of mine came with me. I wasn't in my house anymore. I was living in an apartment. I had a friend named Heath, and he was going to come with me on it. So it was my mom and dad in the front and Heath and I in the back.
Speaker 4: And where we go to land? This sounds so crazy, man. Everything was great.
Speaker 3: We go to land in New Mexico and my dad had only been flying that plane for maybe a month or two. And almost any small plane you land basically you stall when you land. I mean that's kind of landing. And this was the first plane that he owned that had RG retractable gear. So you get so used to the stall buzzer. In the Cessna one seventy two and the two ten, the stall buzzer goes off when you're landing. I mean almost every single time, the stall busser will go off. Well, the alarm that was going off in the Bonanza was the gear's not down the and he my dad thought it was from the stall buzzer because he wasn't used to this plane. So we literally bellied that sucker right down the runway. But what I learned is, I mean, they're kind of made for it. I mean, it's absolutely insane how we just all got out.
Speaker 4: You would think there'd be a fire.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they had the fire truck out and that kind of stuff, but it happened so quick and we all walked away without even a scratch. That's crazy, Mark. But they had the jack the plane up, so listen to this. Within twenty four hours d they jacked it up and they had to check to make sure. I guess the prop was good enough to basically get us back. Like if it hit the ground, it probably would have been a deal. I'm not going to pretend to know anything about an aircraft. I'm just not going to. But if the FAA signed off on it and a mechanic signed off on it, that we could literally fly it back home to Tulsa. So they literally like jack the plane up, got the gear down, and the next day we took off and landed in Tulsa. Man, it was crazy. But so I'd like to thank you for bringing up my crash while talking about possibly crashing this weeks.
Speaker 7: Is of you being in two crash in one lifetime, I would assume are very very slim.
Speaker 3: Did you ever fly any sketchy stuff?
Speaker 9: Dy uh Yeah. I flew AIRFLOWT a few times in Russia and that was an interesting experience. What's it called you lift to tell about it? AEROFLOWT never hurts their giant national airline. Now, by the way, Southern Airways flight to forty two also made a highway land hold on three oh three seven three this one in Huntsville, Alabama, five five.
Speaker 14: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 15: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 14: Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 15: All right, three oh three seven.
Speaker 3: One three eight two five five. You know it's not funny, but Dimitri was actually reading about a second issue it was back when was a you were saying d in the seventies on that airline.
Speaker 9: I think it was in the early to mid seventies.
Speaker 3: And on that one it crashed in it sounds like people died.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I think everybody died. They were about it was a larger plane. There were about sixty people aboard.
Speaker 3: So at some point Southern Airlines I did remember reading this. Southern Airlines did a bankruptcy, and I don't think it was all that long ago and became Southern Express Airlines. And I don't know how much the people are still in. The one that I'm going on is Southern Express, and I think Southern Airlines, I don't it's got to be the same company. And it might have been through a Chapter eleven they changed names, or maybe they were simply trying to get out of their safety record. I don't know, Like if you change your airlines' names, Chopper, do you know anything about that, Like if someone's got a bad safety record, like an airline, and then they changed the name, did they start over with a safety record?
Speaker 6: I really don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know either. I mean, that would be a very interesting thing. They they did a bankruptcy on They filed a chapter eleven on September twenty eight, twenty twelve, and emerged from bankruptcy in twenty thirteen or fourteen. And then Southern air took delivery of these passenger to cargo converted aircrafts. I'm not sure how all that went down, but anyhow, that's who I'm flying. That's unbelievable. You said, these singers, they seem to have this.
Speaker 9: Yeah, they seem to have the same name. So it's called Southern Airways. And the one that made a highway landing last year is called Southern Airways. And the really tragic crash in seventy seven that's also Southern Airways. Wow, their flight two forty two. There is even the wiki Wikipedia page about it. So I kind of researched this as a joke, but obviously the second crash encounter, that's certainly not a joking matter.
Speaker 3: No, it's crazy, man, terrible tragedy, and it was you know, it's wild. Someone said never look up an airline safety record. I mean, I figured that's the.
Speaker 9: Sound of advice. Well, the good thing is und advice.
Speaker 26: It's going to somewhere in.
Speaker 3: Nebraska, right, Yeah, it's an hour. Yeah, it's a single engine aircraft, and there's plenty of places. The last fla you know, you can land in any cornfield without a problem. Exactly, So is there any chopper? Is there any truth to this?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 3: Are you safer in first class than you are in the back? I mean, if a plane crashes and it doesn't, are you safer in the front of the plane where first class is compared to the back or honestly, there's no difference. I think there's no difference.
Speaker 26: It really depends upon how the crash is going to happen, you know, if he's going nosey in or.
Speaker 3: I mean just like an emergency landing, like like, does it matter where you're at?
Speaker 4: I probably do. It all depends on how that plane comes.
Speaker 26: I keep on asking market. Has anyone ever survived because they didn't have their food tray up?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I know that landing. But you can see turbulence and how that could throw your tablet away, yeah, I know, or your food all over the place. But now all you have to do is literally, like Frontiers, I can take my tablet open the little back thing like the little uh kickstand, and it fits right in their seats and I can literally just watch my tablet. I don't even have to use the tray now, Yeah, I I just don't have that fear now about a single prop versus a double prop. And I asked that because this little plane I'm going to be on some single prop. If you have a double prop, one of the engines can go out and you can still fly with plenty of power on the second one.
Speaker 26: True if the pilot is up on his emergency procedures.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you're supposed to, I mean that. Yeah, without saying.
Speaker 6: You you would think that.
Speaker 26: But I would rather be in a single prop really and lose the engine then worry about the experience level.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but these are commercial pilots.
Speaker 9: Yeah yeah, Okay, but remember how they just got fine.
Speaker 5: Pilot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, imagine D's reminding me they just got fine here for unqualified product. Now, okay, listen, this one's crazy. We're going to help out. Skip Skip. I'm going to take a break and we're going to come back. I actually have an expert up, believe it or not. I cannot believe we have you ready for this, folks. Most people have never heard of this company. I had to look it up. AIRTV. We have an air TV issue, and we actually have an air TV expert that's gonna help us.
Speaker 14: Right after this, WO go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 15: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 14: Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 3: All right, three O three seven one three A two five five. So Skip, you've got a problem with AIRTV. You got the whole thing set up and for people that don't know, AIRTV is like a hybrid, and I'm going to go to an expert ATOM in a minute. He used to work for Sling years ago and part of his job had to do with AIRTV, so he knows the product. But basically, Skip, what's going on is you got all the way through the setup and Adam, he's got it connected to the internet somehow, and he's also going over the airwaves and skip. What is the error message you're seeing? You can't get any locals right right?
Speaker 19: See the air messages is let me let me get my paper out here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what's it said?
Speaker 19: That is that air TV box? Can I authentic?
Speaker 5: It is?
Speaker 3: It can't authenticate? So does it allow you to see anything at all?
Speaker 19: Yeah? I will watch everything around, just the local the local stations like likes YO, CBS, Fox, NBC, anything that has to do with Denver, I'm not able to see.
Speaker 3: But wait a minute, are you saying, hold on, hold on, skip? Can you see like a different market of Fox? Or you simply can't get Fox?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 19: I what happens, Marc?
Speaker 3: That's a straight it's a straightforward question. Can you get Fox? But you can't get Fox thirty one Denver?
Speaker 27: No?
Speaker 3: No, he doesn't get to locals. So, Adam, what do you know about this product? AIRTV? And am I correct saying it's a hybrid?
Speaker 22: Yeah, I mean basically what it does is that it's almost like a router for your over the air channel. So you have an intent on your house, you put that into most The simple way is you plug at the wire from the antenna straight into the TV. But then it's you know, you have a limited you have to go back and forth in between all your other programs like Fox News or Food Network or anything else. What AIRTV does It actually allows that those channels to be integrated into the other programming through Sling TV.
Speaker 3: So it glues them all together in a menu.
Speaker 19: Correct.
Speaker 3: Actually, in theory, that's a hell of a good idea. So in other words, I always wish like Netflix, HBO, Max, Hulu. I always wish like everything was right there where you didn't have to exit one app and go into another. But regardless, that's what this did. It glued some of the national stuff with the with the network. Why would he be getting a no authentication error?
Speaker 22: Well, I guess my question would be, is this is this a new problem or is this you're setting it up for the first time in the experience game problem?
Speaker 19: Uh No, I've had it. I've had since twenty two anyone. And what happened is that went in and I did I could the case and the data, and then when I went back, I had I had no uh no, uh local chattels. So I don't know what what that did.
Speaker 18: Okay, yeah.
Speaker 22: I mean, the best case scenario, or my recommendation is is that on the back of your air TV there's a small little hole that's a reset button that that you can reset and kind of reinstall it. Yeah, use the paper clip and reinstall it, because it sounds like if you cleared your cash, you might have cleared out some of the information so it doesn't recognize and so you're gonna have to reset that reatast it to your account. So it would be my recommendation.
Speaker 3: So Adam, when you set that up, it must ask for a ZIP code in order to figure out your locals or how does that work?
Speaker 21: Yeah?
Speaker 3: It does, So skip that's what you got to do. On the back of it, you say, and get a paper clip and you can reset it. You know what we're saying. Then you'll go through the setup up and it's going to ask you information about the locals. But also make sure that intenna is hooked up to that device, because if the intenna's not hooked up, it won't find the locals.
Speaker 19: Know it sucked up. It sucked up because.
Speaker 3: Then just reset it. I think Adam nailed its.
Speaker 19: Adam, I could die. I could pay you to come over.
Speaker 10: And help me.
Speaker 3: No, listen, all you have to do, Skip, All you have to do is get a pay per clip and hit reset and then go through the menu to set it up. And it's going to work for you. There's no need for you to pay anybody. If it doesn't. If it doesn't work, call back then maybe we'll figure that part out to help you.
Speaker 19: Okay, okay, because Mark, I just want to let you know that that I have gone into the back of the box and there's no little hole of poke.
Speaker 15: Where is it?
Speaker 3: Adam? To give them a better explanation.
Speaker 22: There's so depending on whichersey do you have, there's a there's I mean it's small. I mean it is the only thing that you can fit in. There is basically a paper clip.
Speaker 23: Yees, so it is.
Speaker 22: It is very small, and it's meant to be that because you don't.
Speaker 3: Want to And it's on the back of the box in yep, poke that in and uh and it's tiny as hell. It's not a button. The button's in the hole, So skip, go look for it. You can always call back in and then Adam, real quick, should I give your number out for all AIRTV issues ever?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 22: Have them, have them, have them call, slaying the call.
Speaker 3: Are you sure you don't want to become our AIRTV expert? Kelly sign yes, Kelly saying yes, yes, I want the phone calls. No, seriously, Adam, I do appreciate it big time. Thank you. All right, listen, we've got a lot of cook and we'll be talking to you tomorrow right here on the Troubleshooter Network.