Speaker 1: The right quist.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Playoff Baseball is back and with it an annual postseason tradition.
Speaker 3: Scam is back. Baby.
Speaker 2: This is Sax and Cakes in.
Speaker 4: The a APPA go with Proway.
Speaker 2: Dodger legend Steve Sacks is joined by your favorite Dodger pregame host, Tim Kates. If you want to talk Dodgers, get in on the show on eighty six six nine, eighty seven two five seven now while the Dan Patrick Show streams on the Ihearts radio app. We've been banished to the Internet until this Dodgers playoff run concludes. Here they are broadcasting live on AM five to seven e LA Sports. It's Tim Kates and Steve Sacks.
Speaker 3: It's Sax and Kate's and AM jobs not finished. Dodgers up three games to one, but still one went away from securing a burn again in the World Series. Thanks for being with us on this Friday morning, October eighteenth, saxon case in AAM live and local. Are you're a home of the Dodgers Ampire seventy LA Sports. They close out Game five later on today right here on AMPI seventy. First pitch at two to eight from the Gallpin Motors broadcast with Jack Flair, and he'll be on the mount. In a close out game, left hander David Peterson will go for the New York Mets, who have their backs up against the wall. And I love reading the headlines in the New York newspapers this morning with the Mets and Yankees boasting the postseason. The Yankees getting the top billion, of course, and they blew a big one last night in Cleveland, and the ninth inning to see the Mets in New York down three games to one. They are all but riding off the Mets and talking about what a great year it was. But another year of coming up short for the New York Mets, and another year of not winning the championship since nineteen eighty six for that franchise. I just need to take care of business, no sax. You know this. A three to one series lead is great, but the last thing you want to do is let this team win a game because next thing you know, they're back in it and they can win one more and then force a game seven. You got to squash them like a bug.
Speaker 5: Listen, you are a long ways away from the promised land of you know, taking a little break and regrouping and getting ready for that world series. You're a long ways away from that. You got lots of work to do. And believe me, the Mets are here for a reason and they're not going away easy. I promise you they're not. So it's gonna take everything to beat these guys. But you know what, no better time than the present. Don't bring this back to La and settle it there. You've got to do this in New.
Speaker 3: York, all right. You mentioned it last hour. You've got a marketing opportunity and an idea. I've been sitting there in the commercial break, sitting here waiting and wondering what in the heck is this and how much money could be made?
Speaker 5: Well, I think you got an opportunity. Maybe get Tracy on this, good marketing specialists. Look, we know you like Toms, right, Yes, I think you do like a crossover with with one of the uh with one of the Dodgers. Like we we know that Yamamoto has gone through some some very tenuous times since he's been over here. We heard that he likes he uses tombs. You use Toms, right, Tim, And your tummy for Toms is is kind of like where you start it Yamamoto, the fact that he likes Toms too. You could do the fact that it tastes good, yammy yummy for your tummy. And you get how this can all work between you and Yamamoto. I love you could sell a version of the Melties of the Tombs. I use Toms as candy. I mean I I they taste so good, they're crunchy, They're really good. Look at you could do a version of the of Toms over in Japan and sell it. You know, you can call it the the Tomamoto you know, something like that. And you could do him and you together here in the United States with your tummy and Timmy and Yummy and all it works. And if you get a specialist on this, you can get a great deal with Toms. Jump on the back of Yamamoto and letter Fly. I think you guys can do a joint venture together.
Speaker 3: I love this idea one thousand percent, and I love it completely behind it, And I wish you wouldn't have said it on the air because now everybody's gonna run with it.
Speaker 5: Well, it's a no brainer. Come on, I Yamamoto loves Toms.
Speaker 3: There you go, imagine this commercial. Ya'm a moto on the mound. The crowd is cheering of a play by play announcer talking about the game is on the line. Well, his eyes are gazing around the stadium looking for help because he's on the mound. And he finds me in the stands And I got a box of tombs, and I look and we make eye contact and he nods. I nod, and he grabs one, puts it in his mouth. I grab one, put it in my mouth. Yes, we start chewing and we both nod, and next thing you know, he strikes out the hitter.
Speaker 6: It's Derek.
Speaker 3: It's a commercial for you.
Speaker 5: I love it. It could be a quick thirty second spot. Yes, you don't even have to say anything. Yes, so there's no language barrier problem. You just you know, it's all done by you know, by vision, and it's it's it. It drives the point home, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: The toms do the talking. We don't need to say a word.
Speaker 5: No, you don't have to say anything.
Speaker 3: I don't speak Japanese, he doesn't speak English. Well, let the tombs do the talking.
Speaker 5: It works, Tim, I think you got something. I hope Tracy Murray is listening right, Yes, Tracy get on this and make her work this and this is great sexy.
Speaker 3: You are genius.
Speaker 5: I don't know how I come up with this stuff, but it's just I guess it's by osmosis. If you're around it enough, it'll rub off, it's so obvious.
Speaker 3: Well, anyway, since you came up with the idea, I'd like to have you in the in at least in the commercial. Yeah, maybe maybe you could be in the background, you know, as he's on the mound looking for help with the bases loaded.
Speaker 5: Or maybe in the end, like behind the I'm like behind you know, doing the doing the clock on Yamamoto. And at the very end you just kind of like tip your cap back and wink with the with the thumbs up. Loves it closes out the commercial.
Speaker 3: I love it. This is a genius idea. And if anybody out there dares to try to steal it, wow, shame on you, because I am going to be all over this. I've already got a text in to Tracy to make sure we get this thing going for twenty twenty five seas.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 5: Tim, I'm excited for you. I'm excited for you.
Speaker 3: I'm excited too, because now my brand is going to be global, not that it was even outside of the Burbank area, but now it'll be international. This is gonna be fan Japan.
Speaker 5: Can imagine your trips over there and you and Yamamoto trapesing around Japan in the off season promoting Toms Tomamoto.
Speaker 3: Can you believe that Saxon I am a man that loves to endorse Japanese cuisine Zenhi Sushi, which you can find at Ralson next to the deli counter in the local supermarket. And of course eto in oocha green tea, which is the official green tea of Sho Heyo Tani that he loves and drinks. So yeah, I got that going for me. Now little tombs with Yamamoto. Oh I love this. I love this, Hey Tim.
Speaker 5: As an aside, now we've put in place, you know the fact that you're going to have this great marketing blitz with Tom's, which is a no brainer. When I got asked, this is just you and me talking nobody else, nowhere else. When are we gonna hear you know, shoe hey o Tani come up with a speech in English, a full on rendition because we I don't even know if we get a word here and there. But I mean he has been here for a while. I will bet you that one day, very soon, we're gonna hear like some acceptance speech when he gets maybe his MVP or something like this, and he's gonna come up with a very wordsmithy whole speech. I mean, brilliantly crafted in English with perfect pronunciation. What if that happened, wouldn't that be such a cool thing that he splashes on the American public?
Speaker 3: It would be awesome. And I think we may get something like that if the Dodgers knock on Wood can get to the World Series and god will and are able to win four games and get another championship. He gave a little mini speech after they clinched a playoff spot or clinched the division. I forgot which time it was, but he said just a few words, just a man of few words, and he said only a few words. Yamamoto to his credit in the inaugural press conference that he had back in December, I believe it was. And when he signed out of Dodger Stadium, he had a statement prepared that he that he memorized and read in English. And apparently I think he's got a sister in law or brother in law that teaches English over in Japan, and it helped him with it, and so he has been very eager to learn English more now that he's with the Dodgers. And you know, these players speak very little English. They know the baseball lingo. I'm sure, I mean you would know this actually around the game with international players, even Spanish speaking players. You know, there's the universal language of baseball that you can communicate with. And then slowly they start getting used to speaking English, right, Yeah.
Speaker 5: Of course. And you know, Spanish is a pretty easy language to learn. I'm not so sure that Japan is an easy language. Japanese. But wouldn't it be funny if Joey was up there on the mic and say, Okay, it's time to let the cat out of the bag and he just starts wrapping his stuff off and if in English and it's perfect, that would be I would love to see that. But yeah, I don't know how tough Japan is a Japanese, but I think it's a lot tougher than say, Spanish.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I just googled it really quickly, and there's a couple of versions of Japanese tombs out there a company called Gota Tua ten is a company that produces basically the equivalent of Toms over the counter over in Japan. So we got any Japanese listeners right now that would help out.
Speaker 5: See, you've already got a great Japanese flair, You've got a great Japanese accent, so you can do this.
Speaker 3: I appreciate that. And you know, maybe if on the international scene as far as this commercial we've already created now with with Yamamoto on the mound and taken the tums, and we both wink at each other. Maybe at the end in the English version we both say, you know, the tagline in English, but over in Japan, the two of us and I can learn this. You know, I'm very I'm very smart. Exactly, I can learn the tagline and we can say it in Japanese Japanese. Yeah, And I mean, gosh, well, how about how about.
Speaker 5: If Yamamoto says it in the English over here and you tag it over there in Japanese. Perfect, perfect, done and done. The crossover is this is this is ridiculous. It's so easy.
Speaker 3: Look at us just spitballing here, just brainstorming, just brainstorming. I love it, I love it all. And the Dodgers still need to win one more game, by the way, they still need to take care of business in Game five of this NLCS and NLCS, by the way, which the Dodgers have outscored the Mets thirty to eight overall in this series. And think about that six runs came in that one loss to the Dodgers or the win over the Dodgers back in Game two. The Dodgers have outscored the Mets in the two games in new Games three and four already twenty to two. The Dodgers are sixteen for forty eight with runners in scoring position. Dodgers have walked thirty one times in the first four games. And the other big number that has come out of this NLCS is tied to Max Munsey reaching base twelve consecutive played appearances in a row, home run, walk, walk, walk, single, walk, walk, home run, walk, walk, walk, and a single and finally got out late in the game last night to end that streak. And to put it in perspective for those of you driving around listening wondering what does that matter? Twelve consecutive plate appearances that ties mister October Reggie Jackson for the most played appearances in a row without getting an out in the postseason. Max Mounsey and Reggie Jackson now in the same breath.
Speaker 5: How about that? Isn't that crazy? And you think that at some point there'd be like, oh, you know, the umpire would kind of screw him on a call and that'd be strike three. Because he's doing all of it at the same time. Usually you can, you know, kind of like squeeze out the walks or go on to just this hitting terror. He's doing all of it, and he's going deep and he's doing the singles. I mean, how do you do all of that, you know, in one big swoop. That's just really hard to do. As far as I'm concerned, Max Muntzy's doing it.
Speaker 3: The twelve consecutive plate appearances, eight of them were walks. That's discipline at the plate. That's being unselfish and knowing that, you know, I can go out there and hit a home run, I can drive the ball, I could slug, which he's known for, or I can go out there and just do whatever it takes to get on base, whether it's a home run a single, which he did. But eight of the twelve appearances were walks, and after the game last night here's Max Munsey talking to the media about his accomplishment and the Dodgers being one went away from going to the World Series.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was good up and down the lineup.
Speaker 7: We're just staying within ourselves, haven't get an approach and not trying to do too much in the bucks.
Speaker 2: For you, I mean, twelve state dot Bat's getting on base and you think about that. Were you aware of that and just kind of what was that, say, just the QUALITYBA bets you've been having personally.
Speaker 7: No, I definitely wasn't aware of it, you know, but it's obviously really cool for me. The most important things that means I'm getting on base, giving my teammates a chance to drap me in create and havoc doing anything I can, and uh, you know, to me, that's just the most important thing is that I'm having good at bets and being able to get on base for my guys.
Speaker 6: That's how important.
Speaker 7: One against Kinatana guy who likes to get guys to chase to not checks.
Speaker 6: I'm standing after New York walks as you made the laws.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and that was kind of a battle of you know, who was going to give in first. He wanted to get us a chase, so we wanted to get him through strikes, and uh, you know it was just, uh, who was going to be more stubborn? And uh, you know, I feel like we we were about last on that.
Speaker 6: And what's the feeling of the clubhouse one one away from the World Series.
Speaker 7: It's it's oh, right now, you know, we're shouting out tomorrow as an OL series, we have prepare, prepare the right way, do everything the right way, and play our game and go out there and try to get a win tomorrow.
Speaker 6: You know, you guys are playing such complete baseball, right know? Is this the most complete you've played all season? Do you think? Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know, Uh, the most important thing is just everyone's you know, understanding the role.
Speaker 6: I'm not trying to do.
Speaker 7: Too much and well yeah, I have an entire group of guys that are buying into that mindset.
Speaker 6: It becomes pretty special. And that's what we're able to do right.
Speaker 5: Now, approach wise as a team, and how this scene is kind of the team wide approach payoffs.
Speaker 7: So far this off there was yeah, you know, there was definitely some talks about it, but I think the biggest thing was understanding, you know, more in depth why that is and uh, you know, it's it's it's being aggressive on balls in the zone, not taking balls in his own and you know, not swinging out of the zone, and uh, you know, I think that's just a deeper understanding for us and understanding who we are as.
Speaker 6: A team and what what certain pitches we.
Speaker 7: Can hit, what pitches we can't hit, And you know, we've had an entire lineup being able to buy into that.
Speaker 6: What does it do for the team to get a leadoff homer for the game from moll Tounty. Yeah, it was huge, you know, I think it was.
Speaker 7: It was bigger for show just hitting a getting a hit with no one, no one on base. You know, it's a I don't know, pretty wild wild numbers, but yeah, it was a you know, big start for us.
Speaker 6: He got a good fish to hit, didn't miss it, and definitely electrified us. How big we'll have to close them all tomorrow?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean, you know, obviously it'd be huge, But like I said, in our mindset is it's an OH series. You know, we got to go out there and then and play it, play it the right way and do things the right way.
Speaker 6: And that's what we're finding on doing all right.
Speaker 3: There's Maximunze after the game last night sounds a lot like Mookie Betts locked in one one game to play. Still, well, it's an O series. We haven't done anything. We haven't accomplished nothing yet.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Do you notice the thread that runs through the team is when you hear interviews, you know, you had they have their own flair and whatnot, but they all seem to be, you know, in the same space. There's there's not somebody that's getting over their skis. There's not somebody that's not realizing the moment. There's not somebody that's underestimating what's going on. They they get it. This team gets it. And that's this is a This is isn't just something that's patchwork together. This is something that's been been been groomed for a while, you know, and now you're seeing what, you know, the culmination of everything that they put into this team. The right people, you know, the right practices, work ethic, all those things come together. And that's what you're hearing right now through the microphone when they interview these guys. You can sense it. You can see what's going on through the team, because this isn't something that was just you know, put together yesterday.
Speaker 3: I truly believe you've gotten this attitude now from this team. This buy in attitude from everybody on the team, from Kershaw to all the way down to Tommy Yeman to everybody on this team is because the failures of the last two year and because a lot of these players are either looking for their first World Series championship coming over to the Dodgers like a showy Otani and they're hungry, or you've got players that have tasted the championship before in a Max Munsey, a Mookie Betts of Freddie Freeman, and they want more. They tasted it and they want to taste it again. The World Series champion.
Speaker 5: These young guys, these guys that are coming up, Caspiraus and and Enriquez and all these guys that are coming up now they're in the locker room and they brushing around with Clayton Kershaw and trying in and these guys like this that have been there and done that before. You think that doesn't make a difference, It is a huge difference and a huge advantage. I mean, you know, you're talking about Clay. This is the first time Hall of Fame guy on the ballot, no question about that. Yeah, I was fortunate when I came up at Garvey and Lopes and Say and Russell and Yeager. I had all these guys that were proven winners, and you know what, it made a huge impact on me. This is how you do it. Okay, they say a lot without saying anything, because these guys are watching them. They're watching how they work, They're watching what time they get there, what time they leave, how they carry themselves. These things are just huge for a team. The undergirdings of the team are built on these examples, and that's what the team is getting to enjoy.
Speaker 3: I can just envision a young Steve Sacks nineteen eighty one. There you are watching these guys who are veterans do their thing. You're a young guy on this team helping them out as well, winning a World Series championship. You were just like aspiras. You were just like a landing neck. You were just like Enriquez. They're you know, wide eyed, i'd imagine, but also just sitting there being quiet, not saying anything, but soaking it all in.
Speaker 5: Remember that these guys are are in the locker room with many of the players that they watched on TV and were idolizing. That's the way it was for me. And when you go in there and you're around these guys, you're almost like beside yourself. So what do you do? You just shut up and you observe, and you you're like a sponge. You just take everything that you can in And uh yeah, I mean I was. I was almost timid to even say anything. I just wanted to be in there and felt lucky I was there. So these guys are feeling that, and these guys are being able to enjoy these benefactors giving these guys these great tips by not even saying anything to them.
Speaker 3: Maybe Dodgers one went away from going Back to the World series eight sixt six, nine eighty seven two five is Steve Sacks. I'm Tim Kats want you to be a part of the show. Between now at eight o'clock, we were giving away a two hundred and fifty dollars gift card to the Dodgers' clubout store, a Universal City Walk, a great spot to get anything Dodger gear related, hat, T shirt, jersey, customize a jersey. They got it all if you're looking for it postseason gear, maybe even World Series gear. Yes, Dodgers one went away from punching their ticket. You can get that gear with a two undred and fifty dollars gift card there were given away the one lucky Dodger fan between now at eight o'clock eight sixty six ninety seven, two five seventy. But you got to be part of the show. Eight sixty six ninety seven two five seventy. David Vassa Next hour, Steven Nelson, Next hour You next right here at MFI seventy LA Sports, SAX and Kate's and Am are your home with the Dodgers M five seventy LA Sports. Dodgers a three games to one one lead in this NLCS after winning Game four last night, with they tend to to win over the New York Mets. Game five coming up this afternoon. Morogo Casino Dodgers on deck. Gets it all started at one o'clock, first pitch at two aids from the Galpu Motors broadcast. Both Jack Felherty on the mound. Left hander David Peterson will go for the New York Mets as the Dodgers have a chance to close things out today in this series and then get a few days off and get ready for a World Series matchup either against the Cleveland Guardians or the New York Yankees, who will wait in the American League, and they've got a game later on today. If the Dodgers can win today, sexually, I don't want to put the car before the horse here, but let's just you know, in theory, if they win today and close out this series, they would have a week off before the World Series, which is scheduled to begin next weekend. So weekend, next Friday, next Friday to be exactly, so a week from today.
Speaker 5: I was wondering when exactly that was going to start.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so that would be next Friday, would be Game one. Game two would be on Saturday at Dodger Stadium. Games one and two at the Ravine because they'd have home field. But if the Yankees, who are up two games to one in this ALCS, can close out the Guardians with a win today and tomorrow and win this thing in five Major League Baseball to their credit actually doing a smart thing, which is rare, they will move up the start of the World Series till Tuesday. Smart, but only if the Yankees close it out by tomorrow in five games, then they'll have Sunday Monday, and Game one would be on Tuesday, rather than everybody sit around for six days to start a World Series. No good, really good job by Baseball to put that in there. So if they can close it out in Cleveland, if the Dodgers can close it out in New York, they'll move up the World Series to Tuesday. If not, it is scheduled to start next Friday, most likely at Dodgers Stadium.
Speaker 5: Okay, so we're talking about today. Is the what today? The eighteenth? Today's e eighteenth, right, So yeah, that would be smart. If they can both close it down today, then you start Tuesday. Yeah, that'd be a good thing to do. So I hope they can get that done. How about that game yesterday with the Guardians.
Speaker 3: WHOA, the Guardians were up and the getting Judge and Stanton had back to back home runs to take the lead, and then the Guardians I thought the game was over. Me too, I thought it was completely done. I thought, yes, here we go, the Dodgers could win. We're gonna move up this World Series because both teams are gonna close their series out early. And lo and behold, the Cleveland Guardians come all the way back and tie it, and then I think they win it an extra innings last night.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so it's you always hear, well, you know what, if Judge is on, probably gonna win. If Stanton's on, they're probably gonna win. If both of them are on, you got no chance. No, it didn't happen.
Speaker 3: They were both on, and the Guardians still won walk off home run in the tenth inning after a two run home run in the bottom of the ninth and he one. And I'm gonna be completely honest with you. I like to think I follow baseball. I like to think I know who who's on these teams. I look at the Cleveland Guardians and I'm like, who outside of Jose Ramirez. I'll be completely honest with you. I didn't know who this Noel guy was who came off the bench, and I guess they call him mister Christmas or something because of the Noel last day. I mean, I know Austin Hedges has been around for a while. Yeah, I mean, I'll be I just don't know a lot of these Kwan's been around. He has been an All star. I believe so yeah, I know him.
Speaker 5: He's a good hitter.
Speaker 3: I just don't know a lot of these Cleveland guardians. Yeah, I mean yeah, I mean if if you're in the markets where we like to thrive in LA and whatnot, Cleveland is not a big market. It's a big team though. I mean, they always do it. They always seem to be in the mix, even though they don't spend the most money. And uh, but they got a good organization. But uh, you know what, the Yankees are just stacked too. Boy, they are a stack ball club. So I think it's gonna be bleak for Cleveland.
Speaker 5: But you never know.
Speaker 3: Fingers crossed and the Dodgers can get to the World Series, and somehow the Yankees could get to the World Series. It's it's gonna be something special.
Speaker 5: Well can you imagine that this is gonna be phenomenal if both teams get there. You got East East coast, West coast going at it. I was talking to some of my friends last night New York. They're following the Dodgers closely because they fear the Dodgers. Yeah, you got to hear the sentiment back from New York and some of the people I know back there they're saying, man, I'll tell you what. We want to get to the World Series. They're huge Yankee fans, but getting there against the Dodgers is gonna be almost impossible. They look at the Dodgers and they think they they can't compete with them. That's I mean, this is a Yankee some of the Yankee fans.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I thought you were going. I swear I thought you were gonna say they're cocky and they think they could be the Dodgers, and they're.
Speaker 5: Like, whoa, you guys are stacked. This is gonna be tough.
Speaker 3: I love it. All right, let's go out to the phones, Kenny and Tarzana. Kenny, hopefully we got to you before you got to your workout, because I remember that comment you made yesterday.
Speaker 1: Oh well, I was just about to go for a walk. But I do appreciate that. Thanks for the concerns. There you go, Kim. So anyway, first of all, I'm glad you mentioned the Yankees guard Exactually, Guardians had a great pitching staff and class is best relieve in baseball. He hasn't been million in the playoffs, but that was just an epic game yesterday. I agree with you. Yamamoto. I appreciate both of your objectivity because you guys not only can talk about the gad like questions certain things. I don't know why we took that moto so and well off we I wanted to ask about interference call on k K said such a big lead. The announcers didn't copy on that. Can you tell me why? Looked like Kik just swung the bad and I don't know why he was called the interference fight the gig, all.
Speaker 5: Right, appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you has called for interference, Tommy, I've been stolen second base right to Yeah. It was late in the game and the bat I think from Kei K was a bad of frustration because he got a couple of strikes called early on, at least the first one I don't think he agreed with, and after that it kind of felt like he was lost at that at bat, at least mentally, he was frustrated with with the homeplate umpire and on that strike three I think he swung it should have been strike three anyways at the end of the the end of the inning, but they called him for interference because he leaned over the plate, right. That's that's the interference.
Speaker 5: Part right, and it's a it's a subjective thing for the umpire. Of course he makes that decision. But yeah, he kind of leaned over there. But no big deal. I mean he can't get that lost and you know, let it go. Yeah, this is uh, you gotta look at the big picture here.
Speaker 3: I kind of feel like we're nitpicking there. Kenny and Tarzana, Jim and san Diego. Next up here on Saxon, Kate's in the am as the Dodgers are one game away, one win away from going back to the World Series.
Speaker 8: Excellent.
Speaker 9: Hey, what a privilege to talk to you, Steve SATs one of my heroes. Love the Three always. I chose the Three just to be like you, but unfortunately couldn't be good to talk to you guys.
Speaker 4: Hey, and also Steve, shout out to your son, Thank you for the sacrifice, your family, thank you and ultimately paid the ultimate sacrifice and just want to recognize that to.
Speaker 10: You.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're rolling.
Speaker 9: I'm I'm flying up the Sacramento to this morning, Steve, So maybe you could pick me up about Southwest Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll do it all right.
Speaker 9: Good anyway, Just curious about a couple of things. One, why pull Yamamoto so early? I know it's the whole third time through, but uh, you know, now we don't have Evan and we don't have uh brianan tonight.
Speaker 4: Uh you know, how do you feel.
Speaker 9: Like the Dodgers are going to cover that with those two big arms out pitching thirty pitches a piece?
Speaker 3: All right, appreciate it. Jimmy again, if you don't see sexy circle in the airport there for you just hopping an uber or a taxi, Yeah.
Speaker 5: Come over. My address is well, I've better I say that.
Speaker 3: He mentioned the bullpen Blake trying last night through twenty three pitches, Evan Phillips through thirty four pitches. Phillips should be available because he hadn't pitched in forever and that was the first time he had pitched in this part of the series in New York trying last night. It was the second of back to back games that he pitched, So most likely he's not pitching three days in a row unless out of complete necessity. But you've got arrested, Michael Kopek, who did not pitch last night, You got arrested. Ryan Brazier did not pitch last night. Daniel Hudson hasn't pitched since Game one on Sunday. Anthony Bonda hasn't pitched since Monday. Brent Honeywell's available for long relief. Ben Casparius, I'm assuming he is available, and Land and Knack if it's a ballout, is certainly available.
Speaker 5: So yeah, there you go. The Dodgers are well positioned. It's never going to be all the time. Yeah, would you like to have trying and they're well rested. Sure, but you know, like you got the other guys in there that can knock it down too, And you know, the Dodgers are looking at this thing probably that maybe we don't have to be in a position like that that the relievers aren't gonna make the difference. It's the offense is gonna propel us and maybe get another blowout. Every win the Dodgers had against these guys, they've blown them out. So that's got to be a comforting feeling for that picture, for that pitching staff, including the bullpen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no doubt they're gonna be ready to go the bullpen in case they need to cover anying. So let's just hope Jack Flaherty is able to deal like he was, and you know, limit the amount of outs that the bullpen actually has to cover in this possible close out Game five. Alexandria in Long Beach is next up here on Sacks and Kates in the am. Good morning, Alexandria, good morning.
Speaker 11: Can you hear me?
Speaker 3: Okay, we hear you in all of LA here is.
Speaker 12: Wonderful. Thanks guys for taking my call. I am a lifelong Dodger fan. I grew up in downy, California suburb, but Los Angeles fell in love with the Dodgers and the back in the day of Ron, says Steve Garvey, Davey Loakes could steal them like nobody else and live in Orange County today has been going to the Dodger games, tracking it up the four five throughout the summer at the NLDS, at the NLCS, and yesterday at ten am, I bought my ticket to go to the World Series Game two. This team is special.
Speaker 9: They're going all the way, I hope.
Speaker 3: So, Alexandrew appreciate the phone call. I love the positive vibes. I love the fact that you're ready for overall series. I am secretly, you know, starting to map out the World Series and what the schedule is going to look like, and how excited I am for more Saxon Kates in the am. And yeah, I just hope it's not a long layoff. I hope they can keep rhyding this momentum. The last thing I want this Dodgers team is to have a six day layoff.
Speaker 5: Yeah games, Well, you know what they had five days, you know, previous, so they've they've able to They're able to get over that hurdle and you know that stigma right there. Hey, it's been too long though, We've already done that. But Tim, just think by then, by then you'll have your you might have your your your thumbs deal worked out. Yeah, and you might be able to display that. Maybe some remote cameras here can televise over there in Japan and you can get this thing off the ground.
Speaker 3: I'm all in. I've already exchanged text messages with our sales departments. So the awesome the ball is rolling so to speak here for this idea, and it's completely your idea and I love it and I appreciate it, so.
Speaker 5: It's so good. No no worries.
Speaker 3: Let's go to Scott, who's in North Carolina. Hopefully doing okay after what is transpired there the last couple of weeks.
Speaker 10: Scott, how you doing, Hey guys, good morning. Thanks so much for doing this show man. It keeps me connected out here on the East Coast.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 10: I'm a lifelong Dodger fan. My granddad took my dad to Evatt Stield. My dad took me to Varo Beach when I was a little boy, and Steve, you were so good to me man. When I was like eight years old. It was the spring after your eighty six All Star season and I got a picture with you. You gave me a sign baseball, and that baseball is now in my son's bedroom and we pass that along, hoping to someday take him. Can't go to Vero Beach anymore, but hoping to take him out West sometime the next few years. But you meant a lot to me Man as a kid, and I really appreciate how kind you were.
Speaker 5: So thank you, Scott.
Speaker 10: A couple of things. Curious what you guys think, why shohe hasn't been attempting to steal really at all in the postseason. I think maybe he got tagged once in the Padre series and then also, which of the two teams in the AL do you think would be the better matchup?
Speaker 6: And uh and why?
Speaker 10: And thanks for taking my call.
Speaker 3: Thanks Scott, Thanks for the nice words towards Saxon. Appreciate Scott show. Hey, Otani not stealing bases in the postseason. I mean they're scoring runs in bunches. I don't think it's necessity at this point. And I wonder, I mean I don't. I don't think it's the cold. I mean, he's he hasn't been on base a lot. Well, I take that back. He has been on base on the last two games, awful lot.
Speaker 5: A lot of it's been circling the bases.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a great point. Run first to home on one of those situations as well when he scored, and we talked about he was running almost like in slow motion last night. I mean, if you need him to steal a base, I'm certainly, I mean, he can steal it.
Speaker 5: But yeah, and remember the games have been blowouts, you know, pretty much, right, and so you know I kind of sometimes think about, well, you don't want to, you know, put him at risk and he gets hurt and whatever. He stole over fifty bases this year, so throw that one out. I mean, I think he enjoys that part of the game because he's such a dominant power guy. You know, whether it's on the mound he's striking people out, whether he's leading the game off with the home run. I think when he gets a time to have some fun and run the bases like he did we saw him last night, or you know, steal fifty bases, I think he loves that part of the game.
Speaker 3: I'm more worried about him getting hurt. Fouling pitches off his legs.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he did it again last everywhere. I mean, he hits himself in the chest, he hits himself in the back knee. Yeah, he hits himself in the front ankle, he hits himself everywhere. Last hits him itself on the doink. I mean, he's just this dude is like fouling. He's a palorama with whip him everywhere.
Speaker 3: Late in the game, when he fouled it off his back left knee ish area there. That was something which is hard to do as a left handed hitter. He was in pain. And then the next thing he took he was hobbling, hobbling, and I let out an audible oh no at home, because I'm thinking, gosh, this is the last thing they needed in a blowout game as it was, is for him to foul a pitch off his leg and now to have a bone bruise for the rest of the post.
Speaker 5: I see him fell off the fellow that off his back knee, and then he gets out. He hobbles on the next on the next pitch, it's kind of hard to, you know, stabilize himself. He kind of rubs his knee a little bit, and I'm just thinking, man, right inside there where he's doing that little rub on his knee, that thing's worth seven hundred million bucks, right that has a lot of donuts. Man.
Speaker 3: It's very Kirk GiB and it's not severe as an injury. It certainly that's as Gibby had, but uh, limping around there in the batter's box. Eight sixty six ninety seven two five seventy. Coming back, get to more of your phone calls. Eight sixty six ninety seven, two five seventy. David Matt Saint George is at the top of the hour from New York. He had a long night last night, deep into the night. I think he was on the air until one three in the morning, New York Time, Wow, doing Dodger Talk, celebrating the Game four win, which we're doing this morning, and getting you ready for Game five of the NLCS. First Pitch and the Calvin Motors broadcast, both coming up at two o eight right here on your home of the Dodgers an FI seventy ELA Sports, Sax and Kates in the AM's a M five seventy LA Sports Live and Local during the Dodgers playoff run, which is one went away from extending to the World Series, as the Dodgers have a three to one series lead, a win to in New York and the Dodgers are punching there and take you to their fourth World Series in the last eight years. He is Steve Sachs. I'm Tim Kate. Thanks for being with us. David Vast will join us next hour. Stephen Nelson will join us next hour as well. Go back out to the phones one in Menafee. Thanks for being patient in joining us here on A five seventy How you doing one?
Speaker 11: Hey, I'm doing good.
Speaker 1: How about yourself?
Speaker 3: Good doing good?
Speaker 6: Thanks?
Speaker 11: Hey?
Speaker 9: One?
Speaker 3: Go ahead one.
Speaker 1: How's it going guys?
Speaker 5: Good?
Speaker 13: Hey?
Speaker 11: I just wanted to say that I think we got to continue to trust in the boys, trusting Dave Roberts, and how about trusting and Andrew Friedman going out and picking up Tommy Edmond coming off an injury and just being the best hitter in the lineup right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's been fantastic, batting clean up last night, setting the table for the bottom of the lineup to extend to get those six hit bats for shohy Otani and Mookie Betts at the top of the lineup, and oh yeah, producing as well, driving in runs. I mean, I don't mind Tommy Emmen hitting clean up. The rest of the way is hey, Tim continues to do that.
Speaker 5: Can you imagine this someday Tommy Edmond in the future saying, remember those prolific Dodger teams in the postseason when it really counted, Yeah, we had a guy who hit over fifty home runs that year. Guess who hit clean up in the postseason?
Speaker 6: Me, I's try it.
Speaker 3: This guy.
Speaker 5: I love it.
Speaker 3: This guy right here also playing short stop for you and can play center field if you need me. Israel in Rosemeat is next up.
Speaker 10: Israel Good morning, Hey, good morning, guys, Kate's and Sacks.
Speaker 14: You guys are the best in the morning. I love listening to you guys, and I'm really excited about just hopefully our boys can finish it off today.
Speaker 1: I'm a little bit, uh, a little.
Speaker 14: Bit nervous, you know, because we're one way, one win away from the World Series. But I was just kind of going over your thoughts about what what do you think our bullpen can do today. I know that the arms are tired, but I'm really excited just one win away from the World Series and four wins away from another Dodger Chap Baby.
Speaker 3: Yeah, is real appreciate it. Yeah, the bullpen's in a good situation. Thanks for the phone call. The bullpens we talked about is in a very good situation with probably all hands on deck outside of Blake Trying. But I guess if you were to tell Blake Trying we need you for a.
Speaker 5: Bat, he'll jump in there. Yeah, absolutely, give me an opportunity. He'll say he.
Speaker 3: Is wired like that. And even though he's thrown thirty four pitches in the last two days. Yeah, I don't think you'd have a problem getting hot real quick and going out there and getting in a bat maybe facing a Pede Alonzo whoever you asked him to do, or whatever you asked him to do. All those guys, I mean to hear all of them talk about we'll do whatever it takes. And our role was a closer before when before I came here, I was a closer of the White Sox of Michael Kopek. You know, I'm a I'm a former closer and Blake trying and you know, and did it for so many years in Oakland and with the Nationals, and that's my role. They don't care.
Speaker 5: You're not hearing anything. Well, this is what I do. Yeah, you're not hearing any of that. You're hearing like, what can I do? That's what you're hearing. What can I do now?
Speaker 3: And it's the selfish attitude, selfless attitude that has been a big part of this Dodgers team. Robert and Fontana is next up here on Saxon Kates at the Am on his Friday morning leading up to Game five. Are you doing Robert, Hey.
Speaker 13: Good morning guys.
Speaker 3: Nice talking to you, guys, talking to you too.
Speaker 13: Call in man, you gotta get Freeman. A lot of CRITI man picking up Tommy Hemmons you know the tree line, it's the job he's doing betting three twenty four and the you know bet he's fourth, the guy with the shortest status, and how he's stating fourth. Oh man, that was a very beautiful pickup of him, no.
Speaker 3: Doubt about it. Yeah, Tommy Emmon two for six last night, drives into three runs, batting clean up, playing shortstop. The guy's name is not Corey Seeger, He's not six foot four and can hit thirty plus home runs a year. His name is Tommy Edmond, and he'll do whatever you ask him to do. And last night batting cleanup, he absolutely did that. And you know right behind him Keith aery Nandez two for five last night. You know Max Munsey getting on base four times. Then that's a pretty nice little trio to have outside of the top three that's already in the lineup. And then if you can get Will Smith back to get going, had a hit last night, drove in a run. I mean he's bat in seventh right now. That's a deadly one through seven. If these guys keep doing they've been doing the last two games.
Speaker 5: Tim, I'll tell you what's another wonderful thing as well, And you don't like to point this out because you want him there. But we haven't even talked about Freddie Freeman today and this is one of the best players in the game. Yet the team goes out doesn't miss a beat. It's not that you know you don't want Freddy there. Of course you want him there. This is a much better team with him in the lineup, but you have a chance to patch that over and not miss a beat. Look at Munzie. Twelve times in a row. He's been on base and playing a pretty good first base as well, so you know need Freddy back. But that shows the depth of the club.
Speaker 3: It tells you why we're not talking about Freddie Freeman not being the lineup last night is because as you mentioned, ten runs last night, twelve hits going deep, Honey and Mookie Betts, so the offense was checked and then as you mentioned, Max Munsey did his job at first base. There was nothing that was glaring, there was nothing that stood out where a play wasn't made, and you're like, ah, where's Freddy at where's Freddy Freeman? So out of sight, out of mind in a good way last night, so he can get off his feet and the Dodgers don't skip a beat on the field, but at least that ankle, because you got to start thinking about the World Series. I again don't want to look too far ahead, but you have to think about Freddie Freeman the ankle some time off. Maybe it's gonna be a good thing. It will be another week removed from that initial sprained ankle. It's a positive.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I want to see the X rays on that ankle.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm no doctor. It is the worst sprained ankle in the history of the world.
Speaker 5: It's got to be the worst. I mean, I don't think you know paratroopers jumping out of planes straining their ankles.
Speaker 3: As bad as they never saw anything like this bad one. Yeah, they're gonna put this in the Smithsonian. Is one of the greatest sprained ankles in the history of the world.
Speaker 5: You know, when they talk about a high ankle sprain, I don't know how high is a damn ankle.
Speaker 3: My ankle's pretty You can't even see how high it is. That's not high.
Speaker 5: Is that like on your ship? Yeah, what does that mean?
Speaker 3: It's it's huge. Reggie in La it's next up here on Saxon Kates in the morning, Hi, Reggie, how you doing all right?
Speaker 8: All right, great morning. I think it's crazy to think that last week we had questions about our starting pitching. Isn't that crazy that we weren't sure that they were going to come through it? When you watch Yamamoto, I mean, this is a guy that I don't think we've even seen the best of them yet. He hasn't even developed on that veteran savvy that we see some of the other pitchers. I mean, as soon as next season, we may not even see anybody to get hits off this guy. And the scene that's kind of hitting, especially the Mets trying to save their best pitcher for a pivotal game and for him to get rocked like that, I think the Mets are in trouble. And I think you're gonna have a problem hosting that that Pennan party tomorrow night.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll find out. Reggie appreciate the phone call. Uh it's uh. I mean they're sitting on Shaman and last night I don't know who it was. Maybe with something on Dodger Talk I was half asleep, and uh, maybe with something on TV said, you know, are the Mets thinking maybe Sean Manyah on short rest, bring him out for Game five today. That was on TV and John Smoltz said, no, you can't do that. It's too short to rest for Mananaya to go back out there. He may not have that same success that he did against the Dodger.
Speaker 5: Maybe a difference, Maybe a difference now next time they face Sean Manyah.
Speaker 3: Alexandria and Long Beach. Congratulations, you won the gift card to the Dodger Clubhouse store a Universal City Walk.
Speaker 5: You guys do the best.
Speaker 12: Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: Dodger great energy. Yeah, love it, great fan. We appreciate you. Alexandrew will get all your information. Congratulations, you got a two hundred and fifty dollars gift card to the Dodgers' Clubhouse store at Universal City Walk. As the Dodgers postseason gear is there and hopefully soon World Series gear, T shirts at sweatshirts. You can get personalized jerseys, custom jerseys. You can get Dodger jersey's already there. They got everything Dodgers related in their official clubhouse store of Anti seventy LA Sports. Congratulations to Alexandria. Come back, David Vasse, Stephen Nelson. Time for your phone calls and Steve's keys to a game five win, possible clinching win for the Dodgers. Later on today, First Pitch at two eight, where You're home with shoe Otani and the Dodgers Anfi seventy al A Sports