Speaker 1: Five o five at the five k r C the talk station.
Speaker 2: Happy Monday, say.
Speaker 1: Vation, I'm the dude, man, I'm not.
Speaker 2: I am Brian Thomas, host to the fifty five HEREC Morning Show, and in there s Jafstrekord, executive producer responsible for the line up, which includes, of course on Monday morning, former Vice Mayor of the city since Sinny Christopher Smith and joining the program at seven thirty two event his spleen in what we call the Smith Vent, and of course Monday Monday with Brian James, stock saying made a comeback last week? Why is August volatile? Question mark, I'll answer that question. Got a couple of articles we've done to dive on into with Brian James, Every average consumer, This is sad Reality six nine in credit card debt and get ready for nasty layoffs topic number three with Brian James kind of depressing news there. Your phone calls are always welcome here on the vitybove Kearsey Morning Show. I appreciate hearing from you if there's something you want to talk about. Got a situation unfolding in Israel with the Defense Minister claiming that Aron's ready to make a large scale attack any day now. We'ren delivering hundreds of ballistic missiles to Russia. These are the shorter range and satellite guided ballistic missiles, which apparently are very difficult to shoot down. Frightening stuff. And we've got a bunch of rockets landing in Israel from Lebanon, and the big concern is that Israel is going to be surrounded by the Huthis and the Hamas and the Iranians and whatever other entities out there are looking forward to attacking Israel, perhaps simultaneously, which is truly truly frightening. Anyhow, this one area of conflict going on in the world. We got the Ukrainians now in Russia reeling a bit of bit from that. Not quite sure how they're going to hold that region, but some viewing it as a well a shot of inspiration to the Ukrainian citizen rooms since they've now entered Russia, expanding the field of conflict there. Keep your popcorn out on that one. Again, not exactly uplifting information, considering the massive loss of life that's going on in that area, and also the four of the fact that it has forced all of these previously disparate interested countries that all hate us into each other's arms, which is not a great thing in terms of global politics. As we face this November election, wondering and wondering and wondering, why are we going to find out who Kamala Harris is and what she's going to be running on by way of platform, because thus far she has no updates to her campaign site and no information about what exactly it is she is going to run on, no policies, continues to have no policies on our website. By being in the president or race for well more than three weeks in office about four years, which has drawn some criticisms. You know, oh, it's kind of funny, some funny things going on in the world to Kamala Harris. But sadly, in spite of the fact that we don't know what she's running on, there's two new polls out which show that she has surged, and everybody's speculating is this an exhalation of relief among Democrats that Joe Biden's no longer the nominee or is it really truly support for Kamala Harris. And I find it difficult that it would fall into the latter category, since we don't know about really anything that she is planning for the country by way of policies in the future. Is she going to be continuing to bide administration's policies? Are you at or off now then you are four years ago? Kind of stuff. We don't know, no idea. But in spite of that, what do we got here. One of the first major surveys released since Kamala Harris took over Joe Biden in that coup, a'tah now leading Donald Trump by four points in three of the crucial battleground states. Is the New York Times Siena College poll one of two that came out that's kind of positive for Kamala Harris, would asked if the twenty twenty four election were held today, half fifty percent of respondents in Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania said Harris, forty six went with Trump. The director of Santa College Research Institute, a guy named Donald Levy, said, staved it's a new race across the russ Belt background of battleground states now that former President Donald Trump is facing Harris instead of Joe Biden. Harris had opened up a lead of four points in Michigan, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania with strong support from women, younger voters, blacks, and those with college education. However, Trump continues to be seen by voters better on the economy and immigration, still better than Harris, but smaller margins than Trump had over Biden. So again, is this more exuberance over Biden not being on the ticket or actual support for Harris and her policies. I find again it difficult to be the latter. Harris leads according to voters on abortion and protecting our democracy by wide margins. This guy said, Okay, abortion is not a federal issue anymore. And the idea that democracy is under threat. I think you can look to the Democrats for that, because they're more about controlling every element of your life than the Republicans. It's a typical party division.
Speaker 3: Got it.
Speaker 2: Crack up out of this one. On that note, Vice President Kamala Harris in Michigan, trying to appeal to the auto workers, She told United Auto Workers inside the United Auto Workers Local nine hundred hall in Wayne, Michigan, are you ready? We just want fairness, We want dignity for all people. We want to recognize the pride all people have to ready, freedom and liberty to make choices, especially those that are about heart and home, and not have their government telling them what to do. Really, the party of the administrative state and regulation and micromanagement of literally every aspect of her life she wants. She's running on the this is what she claims to be running on. I'm sorry, I have a huge, huge, huge measure of skepticism on that one. Moving over to the Financial Times, in the University of Michigan Rash School of Business poll, the first monthly poll to show Democratic presidential candidate leading Trump on the economy. This one's kind of a bizarre pole. All of them are considering. Trump still polls that better than Harris on the economy, and generally speaking, forty two percent of voters that they trusted Harris more to handle the to me compared with forty one point difference there than Trump. Trump's numbers unchanged from this same polling from last month, Harris got a seven percent improvement compared to Biden's numbers. Again, Harris versus Biden. Biden was shot. Everybody knew it, so just simply changing the names has resulted in an increase on this one. Accord to Eric Gordon, professor at the University did the poll. The effect that voters were more positive on Harris than on Biden says as much about how badly Biden was doing as it does about how well Harris is doing Americans In this poll, still citing inflation is the biggest concern. That sure survey showed only nineteen percent of voters believe they are better off today than they were when Biden took office. Again, has has Does Harris have different policies? No idea, presumably not. This new survey shows Harris maybe able to distance herself from Biden on economy issues. Of those surveyed, sixty percent said she should either are you ready she should, which she hasn't done yet, either break completely from Biden's economic policies or make major changes to his platform. Silence is deafinitly from the Harris camp on that just one in four registered voters rated economic conditions is either excellent or good. Forty two percent said they would be much or somewhat better off if Trump won another four years in White House. Thirty three percent said they would be much or somewhat better off under a Harris presidency. So you go over from her improved numbers regarding trust. They trust Harris one percentage point more than Trump on the economy, and yet when you look at economic conditions and whether or not they'd be better off under Trump, and Harris he clabbers her by almost ten percent. How do you reconcile those numbers?
Speaker 3: Gordon?
Speaker 2: The polsters said the pole's good news for previously anxious Democrats, but their worries aren't over yet, because voters still see themselves off with Trump as president, better off rather, most Otters think their interests first in grand policy questions second. Exactly the fools, the one that's not looking out for his or her own best interest, and apparently Donald Trump, in their hearts and minds, puts them in a better position than Harris might. Trump also polling better in this one than Harris. On some specific economic issues, particularly trade, forty three percent say voters trust Trump more to handle economic relations with China, compared to thirty nine percent who go with Harris on that one issue. So odd numbers strange. And maybe she'll roll out policy positions that will allow us to figure out, one way or another whether she's going to continue with the Biden's words or Biden's policies rather than come up with their own and here's where she got it. One of the places she got herself in trouble. Social media can be harsh a cruel mistress social media. Kamala Harris ex account at a video of her on Friday promising to bring down prices if she's elected president. Here's her post, vice President Harris when I am When I am president, it will be my day one priority to fight to bring down prices. I will take on the big corporations that engage in illegal price godging. I will take on corporate landlords and unfairly raise rents on working families, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera, to which the uproar was, you're elected your vice president of freaking United States of America. You're already positioned of power and influence. Why don't you do something now? Why do we have to wait till after January when you get inaugurated? Legitimate questions one observing a stuteley. If you haven't done anything about it so far, you won't start.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: What has she been doing for the last three and a half years. Facts don't why, but apparently she does. Another noted someone tell her she's in office. Now, why hasn't she done any of this before? Now legitimate and the other one where she fell into it the other day being mocked online because she made rally goers present photo IDs government issued photo IDs in order to gain access to her rally.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: On Friday, her campaign sent on an email advising that only confirmed RSVPs would be admitted to her rally. Email on those RSVPs list must present a matching government issued photo ID in order to be admitted to the menu. Many observe that she is anti voter ID requirements, calling them a racist in the past. This is sort of a mirror image of what happened here locally when the left, Democrats, etc. We're all complaining that voter ID was racist, and yet the end of LACP requires you to show a government issued photo ID in order to vote in the presidential election. I did just that back when Christopher Smith and was president of the local ENDAACP chapter and back when I was a member. So there you go. How do you reconcile that? Well, I guess you don't have to if you hide in your basement and you organize a campaign strategy that mirrors are that mirrors Joe Biden's twenty twenty strategy of just simply hiding and not answering some of the more difficult questions facing you. Let us see here zero res carpet cleaning. Yeah by two, get two, bogo by one yet one currently going on. You pay for two rooms of carpet cleaning, you get two for free. It's wonderful, a chance to get your house super clean. They refer to it as insanely clean. That's because these patented dr water to clean the carpets with no harsh chemicals and no residue is left over. That stuff and the other guys will leave the residue, and of course your carpets will then act like a magnet to attract more dirt. That was ZR Water patented. It is so head on over the website schedule your appointment at zero res sinci with an eye zero ressins he dot com. It's easy to do. Schedule the appointment right there. I think with the bogo in the coupon code, you get that two rooms for free that you pay after you pay for two. So easy to schedule online. Click the link right there or call them up at five one three four six three fifty four forty five. That's five one three, four, six three fifty four forty five.
Speaker 1: As Biden drops out.
Speaker 4: They're making it sound like they believe Kamala Harris is a great politician.
Speaker 1: Klay Travis and Buck Sexton.
Speaker 4: No one really could possibly think that day at noon on fifty five KRC the talk station, Hey, if you're listening to me right now, twenty.
Speaker 2: One fifty five per ce DE talk station SAD News to report this morning, I learned over the weekend the passing of Elmer Hensler, founder of Queen City Sausage. An amazing, amazing guy Elmer was. I loved Elmer for the I just even fausted it online. The man spoke his mind. You never ever ever had to wonder what was on Elmer's mind, because he was quick to tell you exactly what he was thinking, how he felt about it, and in sometimes very savory and saucy language. But he was just absolutely wonderful business man. He quit school eighth grade to get in the meat business, and he had never turned back. He acquired every one of the independent sausage makers and meat packing companies over the years and ended up buying out his competition. Got the the recipe for the winner of the world to wait it and use that for the hot dogs, just in his motto. And this is something that I had so much more spec for Elmer for. And I've been to that plant so many times over the years when I was speaking for them, and I missed doing that. But still a great product. Still buy it in the Thomas household. Just decisions made regarding advertising, and I can't fault anybody for whatever reason they do that. But enjoyed the relationship all that last soer and I enjoyed the friendship that I made with all those folks down at Queen City Sausage. But never cheapen the product.
Speaker 3: We meet.
Speaker 2: Prices go up, of course, he might have to adjust the price of the Queen City Sausage. But he insisted on superior quality meet inside the sausages. And that was one of the reasons why he survived after so many people fell by the wayside, mushy, disgusting, gross, weird tasting sausages out and hot dogs and things like that out in the world, never ever, ever with Queen City Sausage. So he just and the praise for Elmer Hensler and the man he was all over social media father, husband, my brother, a heart as big as the sky, described US Sheriff Jim Neal supported many Cincinnati charities, never sought the notoriety. He just wanted to help out of course. Uh, well, I hear on the Morning show. Will miss Omar Hensler? I know I'll miss him. Felt like he was a dear friend and enjoyed his company when I had the opportunity to spend time with them. So rest in peace and prayers to the the folks at Queen City Sausage as well as his family and uh and friends five three, seven, four fifty, five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three. Talk with Pound five fifty on eighteen and t phones if you care too, love to hear from you. What else is going on?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Ben Carson had some interesting comments about Kamala Harris. He was interviewed the other day bright Bart News Saturday interviewed doctor Ben Carson. Had doctor Carson on the program many times here and Uh, they're outspoken black conservative.
Speaker 3: Yes, they do exist.
Speaker 2: So obviously the campaign for Kamala and the Democrat Party know that they're in bad shape because there was a reason that Kamala got so a little support she was running for president during the primary process. Yes, that is correct. The reason she dropped out is because people found out who she was. So the lesson that they've learned is, let's not let people know who you are. No press conferences, no sit down interviews, not even a softball sit down interview, a one on one with pre prepared questions na A. And nothing on her website either. This interview, I guess over the weekend. It's has been twenty days and it's longer now. No interview, no press conference. She wants to stay hidden as much as she possibly can because, as Trump said last night, she's not really capable of doing an interview without having all the aids, the teleprompter, and people will find out very very quickly what's going on. So they're planning on trying to keep trying to push and push extend things. He explained, Trump campaign has to bring out the points about Kamla and about Waltz, about what they believe, what they think, and what they've said. Good point from Ben Carson quote, don't just necessarily tell people what they said, show them what they said. I think this'd be very powerful to get the point across. You only need all those things when you're trying to make something match. It's like when you tell lies, you've got to try to remember what you said before so you can make it match. You don't have to do that when you're telling the truth. Yeah, Matt Boyle asked him, so do you think the Harris and Walls campaign are trying to pull a con of the American public basically like they're trying to lie their way into the presidency. Carson says, it's quite quite clear that's what they're trying to do, and so they've done in the past. The very fact that they tried to hide from the American people, the condition of Biden tells you all you need to know. Anybody who would do that is not someone who can be trusted. And would you trust them in the future of the country, with the future of your children and grandchildren, all the people coming after. They've already demonstrated that lying is their second nature to them. I don't think so close. Quote, thank you, Ben Carson. I hope that sinks in to the American voters. Foreign exchange. Something that should sink into you is your bottom line and you want to save money with on your automobile repairs. If you have a traditionally imported foreign car from Asia or Europe, Foreign Exchange is the place to take it. It will be fixed. You will get a warranty, full warranty on both parts and service service we conducted or done on your car by an a S certified Master technician. Austin has assembled a fantastic crew of highly trained and skilled mechanics. They have data access, junior manufacturers technical information. They'll treat you like family, and when you walk out, you're going to have more money in your pocket than you would had you taken it to the dealer. Guaranteed just my oil changes in my under warranty cars over the past tease, I've been going there for almost a decade, easily save more than one thousand dollars, probably closer to two thousand. I could add up how many oil changes I got. I know exactly how much I say, because I saved like a two inn dollars for every oil change. And that's just one illustration the kind of savings you can get at Foreign Exchange, Westchester. That's the Tylersville Legs. It off seventy five East two Streets. It's a short little jog east on Tylersville and you hang a right on Kinglin. You are looking at Foreign Exchange Westchester Final online at Foreign xpoorm theletter x dot Com five one three six four four twenty six twenty six. Please tell them I said Hi. Five one three six four four twenty six twenty six.
Speaker 5: This is fifty five KRC, an iHeartRadio station between the lines.
Speaker 3: Far beyond legal and ethical limits and under the surface is.
Speaker 6: Dangerous or disruptive to the existing status quo cost.
Speaker 1: Ben Bowling, Matt Frederick.
Speaker 2: Monday, Smither Event, Monday seven thirty Money Monday with Brian James, and of course opportunity to phone into the fifty five CARCEA Morning show if you feel like doing it, feel free to do it because I'd love to hear from you. Five one three, seven four nine, fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two to three dog Pound FI fifty on eighteen and T Funds. Of course fifty five krseea dot com gets your I Heart Media AMSE. You can stream the content and the podcast wherever you app to be, whenever you happen to be there. Tom Brankman take on the Railroad Money for property tax relief interesting proposition once you get six hundred million dollars out of the one point six billion dollars, so in a separate fund to generate interest and pay property taxes for every single homeowner or business owner in the entire city. So sounded strange to me, but Tom's making a good play for it, and they're out there gathering signatures I think affected today, so you will have a say on that. It will be a ballot initiative and maybe on the November ballot. So check out the podcast their fifty five care se dot com. It looks like out of state customers buy a lot of our weed here in the state of Ohio. Dispensaries say a large chunk of the recreational sales coming from out of state. Estimates between forty and fifty percent of all sales here in the state of Ohio to out of state buyers went for sale first time ever yet last Tuesday. Now it's reported and I'll give credit to the enquirre on that one. Ohio don't track out of state customers, but dispensaries are required to check state IDs. So workers contacted by the SINSINNY inquire you know, anecdotal evidence they say, while most customers do pail from Ohio, residents from Kentucky and Indiana right behind Ohioans. According to Jason Lettman, co founder of Brown County based one hundred Percent Labs, He said some places thought it was about fifty to fifty or at least forty percent of out of state customers buying the legal weed here in the state of Ohio. Details provided to the inquire by a place called Nectar. Westwood Dispensary made about four hundred sales last Tuesday alone. Of those Tuesday sales in Westwood, forty percent of ours were from out of state. Most of those were from Kentucky and Indiana. Hmm, shocking, probably no one. So yeah, they expect that to continue. But weed here in Ohio is more expensive than Michigan's. Separate report from wcp oh tailor NEMO Thank You Flower here is about five times more expensive in Ohio, and edibles are almost double of what's available in Michigan, according to UC blue Ash Economics professor Kashar Gimmer.
Speaker 3: Close enough anyway.
Speaker 2: According to David Gregg, chief marketing officer of Illicit and From the Earth Dispensaries, claims that prices will remain elevated for the next several months. But that's normal based upon what has happened in other states. As they said, it's like a blackout dates in terms of like going to Disneyland on the fourth of July or going to a cannabis dispensary on four to twenty. This whole first month or two is going to be feel like four to twenty and you're going to have all these just huge rushes as people want to buy cannabis. So what typically happens cannabis market makes a switch from strictly medical, it's a recreational. So the demand huge demand, and it is difficult to keep up with supply. Obviously, economics kick cake kicks in and that's why prices are higher. But give it some time, he said. Sometimes it happens three, four or five months. Sometimes it happened at about a year. But overall, the trends always go down. The price always comes down as more suppliers come in. Prices go down as supply kind of meets demand. So there you have it. Expensive weed in Ohio not stopping purchases, though driver hospitalized after a pickup truck crashed into a Butler County vitamin shop. Fairfield Police sat talking about this one. They responded to him Mother Earth on Pleasant Avenue about two thirty in the afternoon Sunday for report that a truck drove into the business. According to Captain Rebecca Irvin, speaking of Fox nineteen, a light poll was also knocked down in the crash. The driver transported to Mercy Hospital and stable condition and expected to be okay. Fortunately, the business was closed at the time. Building inspector on the scene and a company en route to stabilize and secure the building, they said over the weekend and Duke Energy was also notified. Circumstances of the crash remain under investigation. One more here at lea person is in hospital in the hospital after shooting occurred in a bar in coal Ring Township Sunday morning called the according to the Corring Township Police spokes Princeton Helen Tracy norn Against, speaking of Fox nineteen, Another spokesperson from the police, Jim Love, reported officers called to Pitton Road, nine thousand block to the six twenty nine bar in response to the shots fired at twenty minutes after two in the morning. They got there and no one was there. I was just started getting calls from three hospitals with three different victims, one taken in a privately owned car to Mercy West Hospital. Police are not stated the severity the injuries North They indicated if they have arrested anyone, and not clear if the shooting happened inside or outside of the bar. Not identified anybody at this time. So far, it's going to under investigation. So basically what we have is a shooting. Five thirty five fifty five KRCD talk station. Get in touch with Zimmer Heating and air Conditioning. You have your serf, your air conditioning unit probably yes in this time of year, or of course your heating system inspected and serviced by the folks at Zimmer who for three generation have been taking great care of their customers, making sure everything is working to highest standards and that you are as comfortable as you can be. That's addition, at the third generation folks at Zimmer Heating and air Conditioning trust them. They are the Greater Cincinnati's leader in twenty four hour day, seven day a week emergency service. And if you need a new unit, a new air conditioning unit. Again, the cool Carrier comfort rebate still being offered by Zimmer. That's savings up to twenty one hundred dollars on a carrier unit. They invented air conditioning carrier did so you can be confident in carrier to cool your house and of course confident with the folks at Zim are taking great care of you. To schedule apployment. Learn more about the company, but also schedule Appoyment's so easy to do. Just go to go Zimmer dot com. That's go Zimmer dot com.
Speaker 5: This is fifty five KRC an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: Join your rets for a three game series in a division by.
Speaker 2: Forty on a Monday, and a happy one tillya. Brian Thomas. He welcoming phone calls if you'd like. I do have a stack of stupid to dive on into Ian Bluo calls. But the number is five one three, seven four nine fifty five hundred eight hundred eight two three to talk or hit pomp FI fifty if you have an AT and T phone to.
Speaker 3: Do just that. Let us see here.
Speaker 2: Stack a stupid start in Florida where we usually end up and spend most of our time during stack of stupid. Amen, Joe Florida man killed during your dispute over a handicap parking space and a disabled homeless thanks and a disabled homeless men had been charging the slaying. Jonathan Arius gunned down after he and his wife and friend drove it into a Sarasota parking lot during a weekend getaway. Arius of Orlando pulled his truck into one of two handicap spots in the lot to unload fishing gear. Richard Minor, sixty six, a disabled amputee, was living in his car parked in the other handicap space. Minor questioned Arias about parking in the parking space, asking if they were disabled. Apparently, the situation escalated when both men exchanged words. According to local reporting there, Arius's wife and friend left the pier. Witnesses said Minor began calling after them. At some point, Arius decided to leave. As he pulled out, Minor yelled at him for driving in the wrong direction. Arius got out of his truck, approached Miner's passenger side window, when more words were exchanged, and Minor doused him with bare spray. When Arius came around to the driver's side window, Minor fired several shots at Arius, killing him. Do what the hell Miner being held in Saracena County Jail on charges of murder and aggravated his soul with a firearm.
Speaker 3: Jeez Louise.
Speaker 2: Resident of a Scottish island have been told they have to travel several miles to get their packages after Every's sole home delivery driver resigned. Some customers have to make a forty mile round trip from their homes to collection points to get their packages. Break down in the Every delivery service on sky Race and Rang say those are different Scottish islands, parenthetically, leaving customers with no alternative but to go get their own packages. Everyell hired a self employed driver to take packages from companies such as Maitland, Next Vented and Amazon, as well as others, to customers homes on the islands. Now they're now being dropped off at a central collection point post office. Residents only informed about the change when they started to receive text metches is asking them to pick up their packages when they expected them to be delivered. They get thousands of parcels every day, and when the post office in one area was closed in the afternoon, many of them were rerouted to the next nearest post office. A ferry journey away for folks living on this island. Also reported the one post office, more than six hundred parcels were still waiting to be collected. All it's the value of one single employee. Otherwise sparsely populated area, I guess, but sucks to be you if you're living there is but I can conclude from that one go to Philadelphia. Wear a helmet, please. Motorcyclist. A crash involving a motorcycle and an ice cream truck left a mandad on Saturday night, please, said. A motorcyclist was thrown from his bike after colliding with an ice cream truck at the intersection of H Street and East Hunting Park Avenue at ten pm. Man pronounced dead at the local hospital, identified as twenty two year old Ramon Santiago. Ice cream truck was being driven by a seventeen year old boy. According to authorities, no other injuries reported, no charges announced. Crash under investigation. It's kind a question mark. How it ended up in the stack is stupid. Other than giving me an opportunity to mention that if you have at least a ten dollars head, please place it into at least a ten dollars helmet. Motorcyclists fun times. Being on a bike is a great thing. Crazy people out there, and there's also crazy motorcyclists out there, So I use it as an opportunity to admonish my motorcycle riding friends. Don't be that guy or gals the case maybe, although I've never seen a gal riding a motorcycle on a wheel stand going ninety plus miles an hour down seventy one like I have on several occasions with guys riding motorcycles. Yeah, you're the problem, as well as those well automobile drivers out there who don't pay quite close enough attention to what's going on around them. By forty five ifty five care see talk station. Thank you for allowing me that event. See here Pressed Agentteriers get your kitchen remodeled pressed Esi Interiors. They've been improving the way families come together in the kitchen for more than thirty years, and they is John Ryan him kitchens where families get together for all of life's events, where a big or small, it's the heart of your home. And they require a level of customization that can only come with time and experience and getting to know your customer. And that is exactly what John Ryan has and does just almost exclusively kitchens for north of thirty years. He works with you from the beginning to the end, and it's a perfectionist when it comes to doing kitchens. He did an amazing job on my kitchen, and I certainly know he'll do the same for you, considering the number of kitchens he's done over the years and the success of his business. You can visit him online. Just go to presstsee one two three dot com. That's Prestige one two three dot com.
Speaker 4: When I used New CNN, viewers would say, I'd be open to what you said if I hate your ugly stupid face.
Speaker 1: Glayne Travis and Buck Sexton. Day at noon, I'm fifty five krs the talk station in these crazy times.
Speaker 2: There's peace of mind in security, security for our country, for our leaders, security for our families. By forty nine on a Monday, and a happy one to you back to the stack, oh stupid. Remember fifty five krc dot com for podcasts and to stream the audio directly from the website, or get your I Heart media app so you can listen wherever you happen to be, whenever you happen to be there. Uh, person, I just can't believe this. A person snatcher was sentenced to seven years imprisonment for dragging a person described as a popular California bakery owner and activist to her death while fleeing away in a getaway car. Twenty year old Ishmael Jenkins Birch found out on Friday that in the death of Jen Angel, who was forty eight, he pleaded no contest of voluntary manslaughter and second degree robbery court of the family and friends. In a statement, the sentence was the best possible outcome oft of the current legal system in this political climate. We know that Jen would not want someone involved in her death, whether complicit or not, to waste a waste away in prison for decades, and we take some comfort in knowing the Ishmael as a chance to repair some of the harmoniest caused. Defense attorney and Bells told the local news there, San Jose Mercury, that her client would honor her this woman's memory during and after his imprisonment. Ishmael, his family, and I are so pleased with the compassionate humanity the Jen Angels community and friends showed toward ishe Mail. We are so hopeful that the conversation about restorative justice will continue within the Oakland community. This woman fatally wounded February sixth last year in downtown Oakland when a thief broke into a car while she was in it, grabbed her purse, and then ran to a getaway vehicle. Angel jumped out of a car ran after the thief, but was knocked down in a struggle, snagged by the getaway car door and dragged more than fifty feet before falling into the street and hitting her head. Birch quickly identified as a driver linked to a secondary robbery nearby that day. Angel died three days later at the hospital after losing all brain function of being takeoff life taken off life support.
Speaker 1: Jeez, seven years.
Speaker 2: No Joe, this was Oakland, but it could have been in Hamilton County. Well, that would have been his bond, would have been our bond. This was after he played had guilty to manslaughter. Authorities reportedly announced a criminal case against a girl for allegedly shooting and killing her sixteen year old boyfriend. The victim, David Anthony Vargas Acker, fatally shot July thirtieth when he, the girl, and a friend were playing with a gun Gordon, Orange County Sheriff's Office in Florida. Family said a gofund me campaigned to raise money for the funeral legal fees. He was only sixteen and had so much more life ahead of him. He was always full of joy, brought laughter, happiness, enlightened every room he entered. David had brought the gun to the home and the eleven hundred block of Easton Street. Deputies reportedly said that ended in tragedy. In the early morning of July thirty. He his girlfriend and the gun were pointing it at each other and posing with it. Girlfriend pointed it right at him and pulled the trigger. She's now facing a kind of aggravated man slaughter of a child. Authorities arrest their last Wednesday. He was the fourth of six children.
Speaker 1: Doing idiot things because they're idiots.
Speaker 2: Planning on graduating early from high school and working alongside his father as a contractor. Oh Chip says in an instant Facebook message, per snatchers should wear helmets. No, the victims of perse snatchers should wear helmets. The snatcher is the one that got seven years. The woman whose brain got smashed in during being after being drugged by the car was the woman who should have had the helmet on, So maybe we should all walk around wearing helmets. Twenty four to seven, We got to Williamsburg, where a cafe under siege on social media. The bathroom's wall and door have dozens of signs warning customers not to poop in the toilets at this cafe.
Speaker 3: Why are you doing that?
Speaker 2: No poop, No to everything except for tinkle and small amounts of toilet paper. The pipes can't handle, it, reads one of multiple gargantuan signs hanging in the Social House cafe. An artist who works down the block was interviewed said she had to rush to the store because she had to make a major to purchase or a deposit in the toilet, but she saw the signage and she left. The variety of vocabulary all the way they came up to say is don't poop in this toilet really hammered it home for me, this woman told the Post. She also posted pictures on x which went viral with as a time of reporting a couple of days ago, over six point three million views. One user observing a place that sells coffee but you're not allowed to poop is diabolical? What are the co owners of this place? The social House? William Somerville said the idea that customers couldn't let nature call in his cafes bathroom, well not true, in spite of the twelve signs up there saying that they can't do that. He claimed the messages in an effort to deter people from flushing tampons or other machine made products down the toilet's pipes. So the toilet repairs cost the business more than ten thousand dollars last year alone. Apparently the pipes have reached the end of their useful life. So in spite of what it says, he says it's for other reasons. And finally we go to Duncansville, Pennsylvania, where at a Meadows Family Fun mini golf venue they had to call animal officials to the scene. When a mini golf course workers found out that while there was a live animal in the claw machine, you know you put money in the claw grabs the stuffed animal. Apparently, well there was a live one in there. Pennsylvania Game Commission showed what they found. It was a woodchuck aka groundhog hiding in with the stuff prizes in the machine. Court of the news reporting groundhogs live near rocky outcrops from valley bottoms to alpinut or alpine tundra, but they avoid dense forest, also described as surprisingly quick and good tree climbers. Fin approaching the machine to investigate, not play z sgw zufuto. That will be the officer from the animal control units saw the stuffed animals move and the groundhog then popped its head up amongst the prizes. Officials called the vending machine company to unlock the machine so they could safely remove the woodchuck and take him back to his natural habitat unharmed. Now you mentioned Pucksatani Joe, and that's actually the photograph they add included with the article from like Getty images. They say, this is not the groundhog that was found on the machine. This is actually a photograph of Pucksatani Phil five fifty six fifty five cares of thetalk station plenty coming up in the six o'clock hour. I welcome your phone calls and appreciate this them, so you can feel free to do that regardless. I'll be back after the news history as it happens. If you want to make America great again po.
Speaker 7: Trump minutes away at the top of the hour. Fifty five KRS the talk station keeping you informed. Dad's up to date now now.
Speaker 8: More than ever, I like thing up to date on things.
Speaker 1: Fifty five kr Z the talk station.
Speaker 2: Hey six so five you're at fifty five CARCD talk station. Very happy Monday to you, Brian Thomas. Inviting phone calls if you care to do so. I'd love to hear from you. Maybe something going on in the world you'd like to talk about. Feel free your exchange ideas here on the fifty five KRS Morning Show five one, three, seven, four nine, fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two to three Talk found five fifty on at and T phones at again fifty five krsa dot com where you can get the podcasts and stream the content of the show real time or listen wherever you want. Podcast page is right there for you to access at any time of day on the iHeartMedia app or through the website. Let us see here coming up with the fifty five carsite Morning Show.
Speaker 3: It is Monday.
Speaker 2: We do a Smith event on Monday, former Vice Mayor of the City of Cincinnati, every Monday at seven thirty today, no different from the regular schedule. We'll here from Christopher then and Monday Mondays. Brian James follows that with some.
Speaker 9: Kind of.
Speaker 1: Scary sounding topics.
Speaker 2: Now stocks did make a comeback, He'll answer the question or try to why is August volatile in the stock market? Sadly average consumer has twenty nine dollars in credit card debt. And finally, third topic with Brian James, get ready for nasty layoffs, which suggests I can pivot over to Harris's speech to the United Auto Workers. I mentioned a quote from her earlier up there, trying to get the and there's a lot of them. Detroit based United Auto Workers has approximately one million active and retired members, obviously carrying a significant weight of influence. Do they or are they represented adequately and properly by Sean Fame, the President of the United Auto Workers, who is full on for Kamala Harris and Tim Waltz. The so the folks that want to continue the edicts and mandates to force you into an electric vehicle. Electric vehicles which don't require as many automobile manufacturers as an additional internal combustion engine. While the internal combustion engine is the only thing that's making any profits for any of the United Auto Workers. They're losing literally millions of dollars on these vehicles, and yet they continue to press them. The only reason they are even affordable, by any stretching the imagination, or even desirable, is because the government mandates edicts and of course incentives in the form of tax credits for the manufacturers and of course the credit for you for buying one. She's out there championing, in her words, the collective and the right to bargain for wages and working conditions. Great, you have to have a going entity and concern for you to effectively bargain for more wages. Coming out of COVID, all the United Auto Workers got a huge increase when they renegotiated their contracts because they're still making internal combustion engines. But oh, maybe not so much. And I love this quote from Harris. I mean, this is the exact opposite of what she stands for. We want dignity for all people. We want to recognize the pride all people have to freedom and liberty and to make choices, especially those that are about the heart and home and do not have their government telling them what to do. Who's under fire more than the automobile industry in terms of having the government tell them what to do. How do we force people into electric vehicles? Let's make the cafe standards impossible for the internal combustion engine to meet. Meanwhile, demand for the internal combustion engine remains significant, and the demand for the EV market is well, maybe increasing only slightly, but not enough to make them profitable for the automobile industry. Pivoting over to Solantis, which is laying off two four hundred and fifty production workers in Michigan because it's replacing the classic RAM internal combustion engine truck with evs. How's that working out for the unions? Congratulations, you got to raise, You're fired. According to the editorial board of the Wall Street Journal, Silantis is showing what the real green energy transition looks like. Friday, the automaker announced plans layoff these twy four hundred and fifty workers in Michigan while ramping up their electric vehicle production. As a consolation, the laid off workers will receive a generous parting gift in the form of some benefits and some compensation. They point out carmakers are struggling to sell these higher priced cars as consumers pull back after three years of inflation. Thank you Bidenomics. What's Harris's going to do to bring down prices? I just throw that out there because she says she's going to and people are making fun of her because she is in elected office right now and has the ability to drive whatever policy proposals she plans on implementing if elected president, but apparently won't do it now. I'll leave it for you to decide whether there's anything that Kamala Harris as president or currently vice president can do to lower prices. Rich labor agreement that stilanis Ford and GM struck last autumn with the on at autowork workers is raising costs. That's the benefits they got as a consequence of collective bargaining, which she's in favor of. But the companies need profits from gas powered trucks to subsidize the money losing EV line of cars. Hence Stallan has scrambled to slash costs. Last month, the company announced BUYOUTCES salary workers in the United States this past Friday, laying off those twenty four hundred plus production workers in Warren, Michigan, where it produces the classic Ram fifteen hundred pickup. As it rolls out the new electric model, workers can send a thank you card to the UAW President Sean Fain, And there I go. That's the point the journal makes that I made before. Are the workers, those one million active and retired workers really benefiting from the current administration or would they benefit from harris administration. Harris is not backing off EV mandates or cafe standards forcing people into electric vehicles. It's all part of the grand design. As my listeners know. It's noted here. Car companies scrap the old models when they come out with new ones. Makes sense. I've been doing that for years. But making electric vehicles requires fewer workers than gas powered cars, SOA is taking advantage of those manufacturing efficiencies. The problem and tragedy for the workers is that the decisions are being driven by government mandates rather than market choices, going back to not having government tell them what to do. For the American families that Harris seggested to the United Auto Workers this past Friday, EPA's new emissions rules will effectively require companies to produce one to two electric trucks for every gas powered truck as soon as calendar year twenty twenty seven and a four to one ratio by twenty thirty two. Look at California alone, those mandates are even more aggressive, banning the sale of new gas powered cars by twenty thirty five. You will have no choice that your government taking away right and telling you what to do, Kamala Harris. Fifteen states have adopted California's ev quotas. Minnesota included Tim Wallas, governor there, imposed those over strong opposition from his own state's auto dealers. And of course, I think by extension, the workers who make the automobiles, notwithstanding what the President Sean Fain says on their behalf. Kamala Harris also support a banning new gas powered cars nationwide by twenty thirty five. When she ran for president in twenty nineteen, that didn't go over real well for her candidacy.
Speaker 3: Now did it? Question?
Speaker 2: Does she still want to get rid of those cars by twenty thirty five? Will anyone ask? Well, maybe someone will ask, but she's going to have to give them the opportunity. Look at the UAW speech this past Friday where she's talking about freedom for the American family and not having their government tell people what to do. She, of course didn't take any questions. Neither did Tim Walls, So we're going to be left in the dark again, and continuing this theme that we're observing, Kamala Harris adopting Joe Biden's hid in the basement strategy of twenty twenty. Democrats, for their part, claim this green energy transition is going to create millions of jobs, but the evidence so far suggests otherwise. The reality is that government will end up supporting workers who lose their jobs and can't find other work, which is why the Democrats are pushing to expand the welfare state. Maybe that's the journal's conclusion, but what other conclusion can you read? They're invested, the Democrats are in getting every man, woman and child hooked up to something from the federal government. This is the reason you continue to vote for it. Once you get something from the federal government, no one ever wants it to be taken away. Even though you were able to manage your life up until the moment in time government made that money or service available to you. Gee, what did we all do before all these programs and plans came into place. It's going to be doing just quite. I just find on our own making our own decisions around our own kitchen tables or dinners, as the case may be. Stillanis is offering laidoff workers fifty two weeks of unemployment assistance and fifty two weeks of what they call transition assistance, plus two years of health coverage on top of the state unemployment benefits that they'll get already. The journal notes that, yes, that is generous, and maybe they're capable of doing it. I don't know how, But what are the employers who aren't able to afford that type of benefit? Got to know, there's multiple multiples of tiers of suppliers and manufacturers in the automobile supply chain, many of which many businesses won't be needed in an electric vehicle world. I'm sure there's some company out there that makes alternators. They aren't going to be needed. So I don't know how this works within the United Autoworkers Union. And maybe people are just being quiet. Maybe you're a a bridge autoworker Union guy realizes orgal realizes the electric vehicles are a pathway to their unemployment, and they well should. This is something that's so open and obvious. I don't know anybody could come to a contrary to conclusion. But the president of the UAW thinks this is all rosy and great. Who's in the bag? Six fifteen fifty five kc DE talk station five point three, seven four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three talkou five fifty AT and T phones and another number to call. Plumb Tight Plumbing for all your residential plumbing needs in the Greater Cincinnati area from Dayton all the way down to northern Kentucky and everywhere in between. That's Plumb Tight Plumbing's market. And that's where they're going to help you out with a truly exceptional customer service. Licensed plumbers doing the work, and it's always fair and ethical pricing. They'll never say or anything you do not need. Great about communication, great about follow up, and they do it all from drain cleaning solutions or UH receding toilet you got a leaky toilet or leaky fass water heater replacement, they do that, of course, some pumps, basement backups. They do all facets of residential plumbing, and they live by the motto plumbing done right. Use them many times over the years, and lots of my listeners as well. Trust me on that it is plumbing done right. Find them online learn more at plumtight dot com. Tight is T I T E plumtight dot com. The number is five one three seven two seven Tight. That's five one three seven two seven eighty four eighty three.
Speaker 10: Fifty five car the talk station when you're away six twenty here fiftybouve K City talk Station. Very Happy Monday to you. Feel free to call as I suggest, and I go to the phones right now. I five want three seven four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two three talk see what Ken's got this morning. Ken, thanks for calling the program this morning. Happy Monday to you, Oh.
Speaker 11: Happy Monday to you. Hey, I just wanted to give a call because I was listening to you and I just wanted to share with you that they're not serious about this whole green New deal. And the reason why I say that is I used to work at a power plum that sold electricity on the grid. However, if they were serious about us transitioning all of these cars, that the first thing they would do is they would update and just absolutely boost the electrical grid right now. If every car, if every car went on electricity starting today, the grid could not handle it. You know, it's sort of like you could California, sort of like California where they were making all these mandates and during the summer they had all these blackouts because you know, they couldn't handle it. They couldn't handle what they're already presently needing. So this is really just a scam in order to get everybody to relinquish their rights, their controls, their way of living. And unfortunately, they want everyone to go into nice apartments. Nobody should have their own home with land. Everybody should be using public transit to get around, and we should have these all little two bedroom apartment type things for you and your family, which you're only supposed to have one kid. It's really just control. Because if I remember a number of years back when I was working, you know, at the power plant, I thought, if they're serious about this, they have to seriously, seriously upgrade the electrical grid, and they're not. They're not.
Speaker 1: Well to the extend tells me, well, well what's your take on this.
Speaker 2: So, to the extent, anything in the electrical grid is being upgraded it's just the focus on the power source, which is you know, solar and wind. So they're trying to put more green energy onto the grid, but the grid itself is what is taxed. It can't manage. I mean, you have to add all this additional power and then move over. What about all the artificial intelligence farms that they're building, these giant, massive facilities that consume just in cities worth of electricity. We can't meet that demand either, So you're right, I mean, more transmission lines, higher quality lines. Obviously you're gonna need electric vehicle charging stations. We've already allocated what eight billion dollars to install charging stations over the back in twenty twenty one, and they've only done what eight of them or.
Speaker 3: Something like that.
Speaker 2: I mean they yeah, it's ready fire aim. So maybe right, more about control, because if you end up with an e vehicle that you can't charge, you're stuck. You can't leave. Maybe they're trying to prevent more people from fleeing states like Minnesota, New York, California, Illinois from the perils of Democratic administrations which have ruined people's lives when they try to leave and go to places like Texas, and Florida. If you can't drive there get there, you're stuck, aren't you?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And can you afford a house? It's an excellent point. Is anybody reminded of Agenda twenty one on us? It's a it has been mentioned a long time, but that's basically, if I recall correctly, the plan stuff people in small living spaces, concentrated population centers, relying solely and exclusively on public transportation that is purely local. I mean, if you think you're going to take a train at a dodge in this new future, look at what California is going through. They've have all the subsidies and all the ability in the world to do whatever the hell they want in terms of building green Agenda items, and billions have been spent on a high speed rail system that hasn't even got off the ground. Again, Yeah, they're the victims of their own you know, regulations and rules and lawsuits. There's a lot of environmentals out there, you know, throwing lawsuit roadblocks in the way of having that one built. And it's you know, it's a joke. You think there's going to be a return on that investment. Are they going to end up making money on it or is it just a big giant hole in which taxpayer dollars are going to be thrown into support to support it even if it gets built, or when ultimately it gets built, if it ever gets built. So, yeah, you're stuck. It takes me five minutes to refill my tank of gas. I can go three hundred and fifty miles on one tank of gas, and if I have to fill it up, it only takes me a few minutes and I'm on my road again. Another three hundred and fifty miles six twenty five fifty five KSCTY talk station CJ and John hang on, I'll take your calls right out of the gate. I am out of time in the segment, and I want to mention Susan. I loves the camp because she is a fantastic woman in her own right. But she's the one you want to work with on mortgages. Mortgages. She's with Cross Country Mortgage. So whatever state you're sitting in, even Puerto Rico not yet a state, she can help you out. You can help you buy a house if you're a first time buyer.
Speaker 3: Work with her.
Speaker 2: My daughter did. It was a great experience for my daughter and her boyfriend. They got in and out in about couple of days with financing. They're on their way living their love life. Beautiful little house. They just love that place, and I'm so happy for them. It's just so nice that Susette was able to help them. And they've got great customer service, and that's where she's she really shines that. Plus her experience, you'll love working with her. And she's got like thirty five years in the mortgage business. Never a junk fee, never an application fee, great rates at a low cost. So whether if you want to get equity out of your home and put some of that money in your pocket for whatever reason, or even reverse mortgages if you think that's a good idea. If it involves mortgages, you're in the best possible hands with Susette Low's camp. To get in touch with her, you can even call her outside of business hours. She'll get back with you very quickly. She's great about that. It's five one three three one three fifty one seventy six five one three three one three fifty one seventy six. Shoot her emails. Should get right back with you on that as well. SU's that dot Low's camp, Los E. Kamp Susette dot Low's Camp at CCM dot com, fifty.
Speaker 7: Five KRC dot com.
Speaker 2: Six thirty Heavy Monday at Local stories in front of me. But I have a couple of dollars online. We're gonna go with them first. John is first by about five seconds. CJ hang on to get you next. You don't mind holding for a moment. John, Thanks for calling in this morning, and happy Monday to you.
Speaker 12: How are you doing today, sir?
Speaker 2: I'm doing as well as can be expected. I always say, you know, everybody's got problems in the world. Yeah, mind campail in comparisons, so other than the global problems over which I have little no control, everything's great.
Speaker 12: Well, no, I agree with that. So first I had a comment about the election. I think Trump's biggest problem he's going to have right now is not the fact that people are going to vote for him. It's that, now that Biden's not in it, Democrats that actually hate him so much but we're going to vote will vote for her just because they're low information.
Speaker 2: Yes, and the built in hatred against Trump that the media is instilled in literally everybody over the past six plus year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, definitely definitely.
Speaker 12: And then the other thing was, this is a question and I just wanted to hear your response on it. You as a lawyer. I've got my own thoughts on this. But did you hear about the UK Police commissioner I guess it was Friday of last week going into the weekend threat main American citizens over social media posts that he will work to extradite in the UK.
Speaker 2: Yeah, metropol and Police Commissioners, Sir Mark Rowley, he will extradite US citizens and bring them to London for our online postings. And we have the right to free speech that they don't enjoy in the UK, clearly, but as what I post here in the United States maybe making its way into the London area generally subjecting me to extradition. God, that's a frightening prospect, isn't it. And you can really get arrested for almost anything you say, as long as it can be perceived by some idiot in the world as inciting violence or otherwise racist or whatever other list of damaging posts that they can come up with over there. And I suppose that'll be just a question of whose ox is being gored?
Speaker 12: Right, Well, my initial thought on it was you know, if I'm in London and you know, they have geopen thing and make a track where your location is and all that that. If I'm in England as an American and I post something, okay, sure I don't agree with it, but their laws are their laws. If I'm here in the United States and it just so happens to bounce across the pond, yeah, good luck, because we fought that two hundred and fifty years ago and we sent them back.
Speaker 2: Excellent, point man, excellent.
Speaker 1: I'd say bring it, show right well. And you know, if yeah, bring it, let us see what happens.
Speaker 2: Go ahead and post something rude and obnoxious that would be protected here in the United States under our First Amendment, and see if any law enforcement official in London endeavors to extradite you there. If our United States government does not work to oppose anything remotely close to that scenario and work hard to protect the Americans right to the First Amendment, then you know the fixes in and we are screwed. That's my take, John, Thank you so much, CJ. Thanks for holding me here. Welcome to the program.
Speaker 9: You know, I was not going to call about that, but kind of fits into what I was going to say, you could see I don't know if if Trump is what's going on with Trump right now? It feels like the last three to four weeks has been very, very very soft in regards to who Trump is. Trump six years ago would have been all over that story. That would have been the top of every single pressing that Trump would have put something out almost challenging that story.
Speaker 13: And you just don't see that this time.
Speaker 1: And the reason why I called.
Speaker 9: Is I was not a big jd jd Vance guy for VP.
Speaker 11: It could be perfectly.
Speaker 13: Honest, I thought that.
Speaker 9: Somebody else would have been a much better candidate, such as Glen Younkin or somebody else.
Speaker 11: But after watching jd.
Speaker 9: Vance yesterday, let me tell you something.
Speaker 11: You know, you hit the target.
Speaker 1: When there were no.
Speaker 9: Harrods x posts running around talking showing this clip of jd Vance for that clip of jd Vance, those interviews that he did yesterday were top notch and it was a really you know the the Democrats like to use the term masterclass, that was truly a masterclass and how to deal with the media, how to dodge a question without dodging it and returning back right to the focus of who the true competition is here, and that is the crazy beliefs that Harrison walt own.
Speaker 11: And he did that time and time.
Speaker 9: Again yesterday, and he was very his intelligence really shown. And he should be on CNN, MSNBC, CBS.
Speaker 13: ABC, NBC all the time because.
Speaker 9: He does a really really good job of handling media that is not favorable to.
Speaker 3: Him, that was.
Speaker 2: At least stays on message. He gets the policy points out every single time. And that's one of the things that I will observe that Trump of late has not been doing. He's back to name calling. I mean what's reported anyway, and it's you know, you're not going to score any points with anybody by just calling her an idiot or whatever. You need to point out that what we know about her, and that's her record, it's demonstrably as far left as possible. It's what's ruining the economy. It is as far away from what she uttered in front of the United Autoworkers about freedom of choice and making decisions without government involvement as a person can possibly be. So yeah, stay on issues, everybody I've ever I've read so many articles about this over the past since Kamala Harris has come out as the anointed person the coup. A'tah, everyone say Trump, you need to stay on message, Ben Carson's talking yesterday. Don't just necessarily tell people what they say, show them what they've said. He's not think it'd be very powerful to get the point across. In other words, you've got documents, you have exhibit, you have a record, get it out there in front of people. Quit calling names, quit making fun of her or mentioning her race or all the stuff that doesn't really matter the American voter, and point out why she's joys going to be miserable and terrible for our country. In the direction that goes in more power for government, more control, more people hooked up to the umbilical court of government, fewer choices when it comes to things like what kind of stove you by, what kind of car you drive, all of the above everything. Her record is solid and she can't walk away from it, as much as she seems to be trying to. Notice her website doesn't have any policy platforms. Notice Kamala Harris doesn't do interview. Notice she'll speak to the United Auto Workers and then turn her back around the mainstream media or anybody else out there that once ask her a simple question, she leaves, how long can this last? How long can it last? How long with American people put up with it?
Speaker 3: It's a good question.
Speaker 2: I know she's enjoying this honeymoon because Biden isn't around anymore. Sigh of relief from the Democrats. So you immediately embrace someone who is going to adopt or has adopted even further left wing policies than Joe Biden and real quicker. I know over and I Corey, hang on, I will get your call next. This is what Biden said the other day. They're focusing on, you know, Nancy Pelosi, and Biden admits pressure from Democrats contributed to his decision to drop out.
Speaker 1: But I found this more telling.
Speaker 2: When I ran the first time, I thought of myself as being a transition president. They he talked about. I can't even say ow old I am. It's hard for me to get that out of my mouth. But things got moving so quickly it didn't happen. And the combination was that I thought it was critical issue for me maintaining this democracy, whatever the hell that's supposed to mean. But things got moving so quickly it didn't happen. Is that him speaking to the former Biden, the moderator, the centrist guy, the guy that could reach across the aisle and negotiate deals. That certainly isn't the Joe Biden we got now, isn't He was overwhelmed with leftist agenda and maybe that was what was moving so quickly. I couldn't be who I wanted to be. My puppet masters basically pushed out an agenda that was farther the left than I ever thought could happen. But here we are, and look what it did to me and my electability, not only my cognitive decline, but also maybe the policies that put us in this sorry position. Six point thirty eight fifty five krc DE talk station USA Premium Phone, the great product that it is. It is worth a call to the USA. Simply call to make an appointment so they can come out and for free inspect to your home to see if it's under insulated or of course, and if it is or doesn't have insulation because your home is built before the mid seventies, give you a quote for the price of putting the phone in the exterior walls. Highest R value phone in the market guaranteed saving substantial energy savings. So all things being equally, you run your air conditioner x hours a month compared to BUFF after USA insallation to before you got money in your pocket. The product ultimately pays for itself. The federal Government's going to give you twelve hundred dollars for insulating your home with USA's premium phone, and USA is going to give you a free attic insulation if you pay for the phone in the walls. It's the right thing to do. Comfort and savings guaranteed from USA, plus that extra twelve hundred dollars incentive from our lords and masters in the federal government. It's worth the call. Five one three three eight one three six two six three eight one foam online US insulation dot net.
Speaker 5: This is fifty five krc an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 10: I'm John Waalsack, host of the new podcast Missing in Arizona AIRCD talk station.
Speaker 2: A very happy Monday to You're gonna go shape the phones. Corey's been on hold kindly so five on three seven four nine fifty five hundred eight hundred eight two three talk Corey, Thanks for holding up the break there.
Speaker 3: Welcome to the show.
Speaker 11: My friend, Hey, good morning, Brian.
Speaker 3: Hey.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 14: One when the other caller said there about the stuff going on UK for the free speech, do you think for a minute that Merrick Darlin would love to extradite a conservative to England for quote hate speech. I think you'd do that in a heartbeat.
Speaker 2: I You see, That's probably where I would come down to what I anticipate will happen versus what should happen, which is the full the full Biden administration or Trump administration or any administration. We have a first Amendment, right, they sward uphold the Constitution, They swirl uphold on behalf of all of those whom they represent, meaning they shouldn't cooperate with UK or anything in terms of extradition for speech.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 14: Well, back to the reason I called earlier. Caller was talking about the really not serious about the Green New Deal and the energy and all that. Well they come out I work for It has something to do with that Honda plant battery plant being built in Jeffersonville, Ohio. The the long plan for that plant is only four years and the only reason that plant is getting built is from all the subsidies from the government to build it. Right, and also all the finished product, although rails available, will be shipped by truck. That's ninety semis a day to go between Jeffersonville to Marysville, Ohio.
Speaker 2: Or it's or Corey maybe one hundred and eighty semis a day if they use electric semis.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 14: But they had the option of rail and they're they're not going to use the rail, which to me of the shows that they're not serious about it. Anyway, That's all I had for you.
Speaker 1: I appreciate that.
Speaker 2: Or they're just interested in maybe trying to keep some of the union jobs that go along with this EV transition in the form of union truck drivers, since there'll be few of those needed when we get rid of the internal combustion engine as well. Six forty five fifty five kres City Talk Station. Feel free to call in the meantime, let me mention twenty two three my favorite gun store Route forty two between Mason eleven and find them online at twenty two three dot com. The number twenty two followed by the word three spelled out great shop. They're awesome at what they do selling firearms. They have a huge selection and they have accessories. They have AMMO. They have knowledgeable staff, they have a gunsmith. They have an indoor range, which is better than anybody else's out there. It's my favorite indoor range. It's so comfortable to shoot on. You get the range safety officers minding people's p's and q's. It's very clean, it's a welcoming range, and they also have classes glasses galore at twenty two to three, so I had never shot a gun class to the experienced shooter classes, everything in between, including concealed carry classes and swag available. So if you have never been to twenty two three, you show up and use their range, you get some free swag. If you've been to twenty two three, bring someone who hasn't been, you'll both get some swag while supplies last. So check it out and get a little extra benefit of being in the best around. That's twenty two three again on Route forty two between Mason eleven, and again online at twenty two to three dot Com.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC the talk station. If you're a proud American, that means if someone comes after your family, you gotta be ready.
Speaker 3: That's why you need the Megan.
Speaker 2: Clouds to increase a day I'll go up to eighty one overnight, clouds will remain and dropped to sixty A sunny day tomorrow with a high of eighty three, clear overnight sixty three, and a sunny Wednesday with a high of eighty seven fifty eight.
Speaker 1: Right now, let's hear about traffic.
Speaker 15: Conditions from the UCF Tramfics Center. Nearly sixty percent of Americans waiting on an organ transplanter for multicultural communities give the gift of life. Sign up today to be an organ donor. Highways in pretty good shape this morning, no major time delays to deal with into or out of downtown. Had a broken down eastbound seventy four and seventy five. They are now rolling again. Chuck Ingram on fifty five krs the talk station.
Speaker 1: Six forty nine.
Speaker 2: Here I fifty five KERCD talk station. If you went our Monday going to have Christopher Smith and former Vice Manor of the City of Cincinnati, as we do every Monday. He'll be on at seven thirty for the Smith event coming up a little more than an hour. Brian James for Monday Monday and a variety of topics with him. We get three segments of Brian every single Monday. I always enjoy talking to you and sparking Sminster's kind interesting conversation. I call her about the the United Kingdom, the Metropolitan Police commissioner there, so police will not necessarily confine their arrests for speech crimes just in the London area. In the United Kingdom, that'll be extraditing you for your online postings which make their way into the UK market. Right now, they've been hit with a whole bunch of violent protests over immigration policies, including attacks and arson directed at immigration centers. Fueled they claim by false reports spread online that the person responsible for an attack at a Taylor Swift concert dance event, leving three girls dead and others wounded, was done by an illegal immigrant, when in fact it turns out it was an eighteen year old British citizen born to Rwandan parents, so second generation immigrant, so it was not one of the newly arrived illegal immigrants. So if you post something online sturing the pot of division involving what racial divisions or maybe your anti immigration doesn't matter. They claiming they're going to throw you in jail because you've spread disinformation. But what when do you find out whether the information you've been given is real or not right. I'm certain that somebody out there in the world posted something saying that this was an illegal immigrant. Now where did they get that information? Did they make it up? Had they read it someplace else. It's rather confusing because you know, the information drips drips very slowly. Consider the attempted assassination that Donald Trump. We still haven't gotten all the answers from the United States Secret Service. What about a position on that. I've had listeners call me in saying there were three gunmen there, that it was, you know, a coordinated attack that you know, we really you could get arrested for that if you spread that kind of thing in the United Kingdom. But we don't really know yet whether it's true or not.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 2: I don't believe there was more than one shoot there. Personally, I don't know what happened behind the scenes. Some suggest maybe that this punk kid murderer was recruited socially isolated, you know, and his very limited presence on the internet, you know, sort of raising eyebrows of like, hmm, that's very unusual for a twenty year old to not have much of a social media presence, Was it scrubbed, was it erased? Have they not found it yet? We don't know. So at what point are our utterances considered, you know, speculation, conjecture, actual factual information. Just throwing something out there to see how people react. That's what free speech is all about. And when you get this kind of like, for example, with the assassination, all of these conspiracy theories popping up, you'd think the government would be quick to dispel them by releasing information and letting us know what the truth is.
Speaker 1: But we don't. So I don't have it.
Speaker 2: Analyzing the United United Kingdom's laws on the books, committing these so called crimes by offering up your opinion online. What about the fifty one so called experts who said Hunter Biden's laptop was Russian collusion, Russian disinformation. Rather, there are people that went online and said, no, that's nonsense, this is real, And it took about a year, but we all found out within fairly short period of time, however long it was, that no, in fact, it was in fact Hunter Biden's laptop. Now, prior to that, maybe if you're in the United Kingdom and this involved a yacht, United Kingdom related issue, You might have been arrested for denying what these fifty one so called experts said. You'd be arrested and then oh, well, we'll unring that bell later when we're all told the truth. Same thing goes with the Russian collusion. Donald Trump colluded with the Russians. Well, we found out that was all fake. It was made up whole cloth by the Democratic National Committee buying off the Steele dossier, having it created. Now, if you if you went online and committed the crime of saying that Steele dossier wasn't real and that Donald Trump really didn't do that stuff, maybe if you're in the UK, they'd arrest you. But then the truth ultimately comes out. So how does one gauge what's criminal in the United Kingdom and what's not. They hate Elon Musk. Elon Musk does not post what is on X. He provides a vehicle for people to offer their assessment of the current climate, and some assessment may be vitriolic. The mere fact that it's vitriolic that some people might react and believe it to be maybe a racist statement or a divisive statement. Musk has no control over that, nor should he. It's a free speech platform, and we do enjoy the right to free speech in this country, regardless of what Tim Waltz might say or Kamala Harris might say. We have a First Amendment, but this United Kingdom it got all springs from the Public Order Act of nineteen eighty six, which prohibits any expressions of racial hatred defined as hatred against a group of persons by reason of group's color, race, nationality, citizenship, ethnic or national origins. Section eighteen specifically includes any speech that is in their words, threatening, abusive, or insulting circle the word insulting. Does your intent in your post have to be insulting or is it just how one random dude or someone in elected capacity in the UK perceives to be insulting? But no, And arrest does not have to be based on a showing of intent to stir up racial hatred, but can merely be based on a charge that quote, having regard to all the circumstances, racial hatred is likely to be stirred up thereby in a world where we have the Internet connection and we can stir up racial hatred based upon events that never happened. United States, Hands up, don't shoot, It's pretty easy to stir it up. So the reaction from those easily offended by something that might not otherwise necessarily stir up racial hatred stirs up rachel hatred because they want to, so they can go after the person posting this random not necessarily you know, abusive post. The after effect justifies the arrest for the prior post. Scary stuff, folks, truly scary stuff. Six fifty six fifty five KRC DE Talk Station Stick around. We got plenty to talk about in seven o'clock hour, including Christopher Smithman joining the program at seven thirty.
Speaker 1: I'll be right back as it happens.
Speaker 5: Anything stop, Donald Trump.
Speaker 7: Nothing minutes away at the top of the hour, fifty five KRC the station.
Speaker 2: Seven oh six to think about Curiosity Talk Station Ever a Happy Monday, Our Money Monday coming up in an hour, Brian James, and of course at the bottom of this hour Christopher Smithmen from our Vice Mayor of the City Cincinnay with a smither event. We will learn the exact same time what's on Christopher's mind this morning in about a half hour. I'm always curious to know what's on your mind too. If you'd like to call love to hear from You five one, three, seven, four, nine fifty, five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three Talk Time five fifty on AT and T phones. Of course, in the last segment, we were talking about the United Kingdom cracking down on what they believe to be offensive speechs and extraditing people from the United States into the United Kingdom to criminally process them and prosecute them for breaking the rules that exist in the United Kingdom, which clearly do not apply to the United States, given that we do have a first Amendment threatening abusive insulting posts based on a charge that, having regard to all the circumstances, racial hatred is likely to be stirred up. If someone is stirred up as a consequence of your post, then you get to be arrested in the United Kingdom. And it's noted the Biden Harris administration has been a proponent of censorship in blacklisting for years. So the one two punch comes. If you go ahead and vote for the Harris Walls ticket, you're going to get a whole lot more of the same. Now, they've got a problem here in the United States because of that tesky Second Amendment and the Supreme Court precedents multiple of them, which protect even the foulest of speech. It's a question of time. If there is time for additional speech in between cries of violence or anger or stirring the pot of rioting, looting, etc. If there's additional time between the utterance and the time that the rioting starts, then there's protected speech involved. Go back to the Brandenburg decision, which I've talked about multiple times here in the Morning Show. Yes, you can inflame racist clan members with evil, vile, really unjustifiable attacks, and it's protected. And it's protected because you know, that helps us figure out who the idiots are in the room, so we can talk more about their hatred and show how it's wrong as a as a position period, I mean, for a variety of reasons. More speech comes out when well utterances are made that some consider to be hateful, hateful perhaps, but inviting a welcome discussion on that underlying hatred. That's the beauty of free speech. And John Turley pointed this out in his recent op ed piece, which you can find over at the Hill. A Harris Walts administration will be a nightmare for free speech. So on the heels of the UK locking people up for social media posts. Back in her failed twenty twenty presidential bid, Turley Rights, Harris ran on censorship and pledged at her administration in her words, will hold social media platforms accountable for they hate infiltrating their platforms because they have a responsibility to help fight against this threat to our democracy.
Speaker 1: There's that pesky threat to democracy.
Speaker 2: October twenty nineteenth, Harris spoke directly to Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg, insisting quote, this is not a matter of speech free speech. This is a matter of holding corporate America and these big tech companies responsible and accountable for what they are facilitating. Simply offering a town square platform basically where you can say what you want and be judged accordingly, and inviting additional speech that might be contrary to whatever to your utterance is that's bad. They provide a vehicle for that free flow of communication, and somehow they're supposed to be held accountable for every utterance on the social media platform.
Speaker 3: See.
Speaker 2: The only difference is here is you've got this social media company in between. If that person was standing out on the street, maybe on a soapbox with a megaphone, they could do whatever they want and say whatever they want within some legal guidelines, but that are very, very very broad. They're all about that though. And again, at any given moment in time, something could be deemed a lie on social media, only for us to find out later, usually sometime down the road, when the government is incapable of keeping the information to itself, it feeds out to us and we find out what they have been telling us and what has been censured on censored on social media, as the truth was in fact the truth, it turtly points out. Benjamin Franklin warned founding Father. In those wretched countries where a man cannot call his tongue his own, he can scare, he can scarce call anything his own. Whoever would overthrow the liberty of a nation must begin by subduing the freeness of speech. Without freedom of thought. There can be no such thing as wisdom, and no such thing as public liberty without freedom of speech, which is the right of every man, or in modern times, every person.
Speaker 1: That's what we want here in America.
Speaker 2: Do you remember the Disinformation Governance Board that was shut down after the public found out about it? The Orwellian Ministry of truth is one federal judge described it funding blacklisting operations, tarting groups and individuals who opposed views. Remember Lois Lerner and the irs going after conservative organizations, Eric Holder's Department of Justice FBI arresting moms and dads at school board meetings because they're concerned about their children and what their children are being taught.
Speaker 1: Speech folks.
Speaker 2: Biden made censorship a central part of his legacy, accusing social media companies of killing people his words for failing to increased levels of censorship. Does he really believe that Facebook or I mean, I'm not go defend Facebook acts, any of the social media platforms are responsible for killing people. That's the same argument they make with firearms manufacturers. Somehow you can make a lawful product that's protected by our constitution, and the manufacturer is somehow supposed to be responsible for the unhinged violence someone using a firearm to commit a crime, which is a crime. It's written there in the books. You can't murder someone, whether it's with a baseball bat or a firearm. That's a law in the books. Somehow the firearms manufacturers is supposed to be accountable for that. Somehow the social media platforms are supposed to be accountable for some utterance from the literally millions and millions of people who participate in the social media every single day. Hell TikTok's got half of every single American on its account. Not gonna defend TikTok either. Tim Waltz went on NBC supporting censoring disinformation, declared quote, there's no guaranteed a free speech on misinformation or a hate speech, and especially around our democracy. No, there is, mister Waltz. I know you're not a lawyer, and it's reflected in that stupid, stupid, stupid utterance prior test before Congress on the censorship system un of the Biden administration. The committee's ranking Democrat, Delaware's Stacey Plaskett, declared, quote, I hope that all members recognize that there is speech that is not constitutionally protected, referencing hate speech as an example. That sentiment echoed by Senator VN. Cardon, who is a lawyer. If you espouse hate, you're not protected under the First Amendment.
Speaker 3: Wrong. That is wrong.
Speaker 2: Hate is not right, I'll admit, but you're allowed to espouse it here in a nation with the First Amendment. The Supreme Court has consistently rejected the claim of Governor walt and these others. For example, thanks to John Turley, me of this one because I was not aware of or remember the twenty sixteen case of Matalvi Tam where the Court stressed that this is exactly the position. This position strikes at the heart of the First Amendment. The Court wrote, speech that demeans on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, religion, age, disability, or anyother similar ground is hateful. But the proudest boast of our free speech jurisprudence is that we protect the freedom to express the thought that we hate. So no one defends the hatred, but I'll defend the right to free speech, and I'll certainly defend your right to remain out of jail for making what some perceived it to be hateful utterances while others perceive them maybe not so much. Or even these so called disinformation utterance that Tim Waltz talked about. What is disinformation? Folks, again going back to the fifty one so called experts in the fields of you know, cybersecurity and Russian influence pedaling saying Hunter Biden's laptop was not Hunter Biden's laptop. Hmmm, disinformation maybe again. The Steele dossier a lie made up by the Democratic National Committee bought and paid for disinformation for you to say it was wrong and false. Man, they're still hard at work, folks. We know that the FBI and other lettered agencies were embedded inside social media companies. It's one of the reasons Elon Musk bought Twitter and turned it into X fifteen excuse me fifty five KRC, the talk station. Feel free to call, love to hear from you, and love for you. Get in touch with emy Federal Credit Unit. It's a great thing to do. To bank with Emory. They've been around for eighty five years. Nineteen thirty nine is when they first opened their doors, and they're in a celebratory motor Emory, and that means they're well celebrating by offering you some very great specials, including special discounts and book events. You're not going to miss any of them. So I'm gonna recommend you head on over to the web page where you'll find out information about this special celebratory event that's boosting your savings deposit with a certificate rate as high as five point two percent for six months five point two six months awesome rate. That's just one of the ways they're celebrating by helping you out, which is what they do all the time when you bank with Emory. To learn more about the benefits of banking with Emory. To learn about the restrictions that apply to this limited time five point two percent six month certificate rate. Emery FCU dot org is the place to be. Emory FCU dot org ANMLS number four zero one zero eight seven, federally ensured by NCUA Equal Housing Lender.
Speaker 5: This is fifty five KRC an iHeartRadio Station.
Speaker 1: Seven twenty.
Speaker 2: If it's about KERRC talks that you look for to Christopher Smith and joining the program as I always do at seven point thirty. Feel free to call if you'd like. I love hearing from you. Five one three, seven four nine, fifty five hundred eight hundred eight two to three Talk and U Sad Mornings were all manning the morning the pas of Elmer Hensler. He's the founder of Queen City Sausage. Just an amazing life story he had, according to the Queen City Sausage website. He died peacefully at his Cincinnati home early Saturday morning, at ninety four. They said Elmer's life theme song was the Sinatra classic Mileway, and he lived every day with as much vigor and determination as possible. They say Elmer will continue to be deeply miss. An amen to that got to know Elmer really well over the years, and I just thought the world of the guy.
Speaker 3: He was hilarious.
Speaker 2: And it was one person in the planet who you knew exactly what he was thinking at the moment he was thinking, and it was Elmer Hensler, because he would let.
Speaker 3: You know he was a great guy.
Speaker 2: Heah deal with a saucy tongue, but I don't mind that kind of dearly miss Elmer Hensler. And don't cheapen the product was his motto. And I say that out loud, just sort of hoping and praying that those who've taken over the management of Queen City Sausage will still live by Elmer Hensler's motto, do not cheapen the product. You can find cheaper cuts of beef out there, and other cuts of pork and the ingredients that go into Queen City Sausage, but Elmer Hensler would never go cheap. He always insisted on the best. And I hope that continues anyway. Morning, the passing of a Cincinnati business icon. He started eighth grade, he quit school, started Queen City Sausage, and then I'm buying out pretty much every other manufacturer in the city. Over time, he knew how to run a railroad. And yeah, I was talking earlier this morning. As everybody's observing, Kamala Harris no policy. She hasn't come out on the record, she's not tanking questions. This is like day twenty two on the Kamala Harris Watch. When will she be speaking with reporters? When will people have a free flow of back and forth communications with Kamala Harris. Well, if you don't know what she's running on, she's kept you in the dark. And she may be as far left as she's lived her life, or she may change gears. I'm not thinking that that's going to happen. But one thing we do know about Kamala Harris, she was responsible for the border and all the cities are doing with this insanity created by the open border. Thank you, Kamala Harris. You had control over that for three and a half years.
Speaker 3: Nothing.
Speaker 2: She's over there talking about how when she's elected president, she's going to lower the prices of goods out there, and of course social media blows up and says, wait a minute. You've been around for three and a half years. You're an elected capacity right now, why do you why are you forcing us to wait? You're telling me what the infirm Joe Biden basically one foot out the door. If not both, you can't do something about it. You got to these grand ideas you want to elaborate on exactly how you're going to lower the price of goods and how are you going to how are you going to crack down on these so called evil corporations who you allege that are price gouging. Yeah, the laws of supplying de man are way outside the realm of any company's ability to jiggle prices. But on the border of New York is struggling because more and more of their illegal immigrant prop population is stated to be sixty five thousand at least. Once they're out of their time in shelters, and sometimes while they still have time under the current laws to stay in the shelters, they're moving out and moving into tent encampments on the street. Some citing the fact that there's so much violence and drugs, unruly behavior, human traffic, and going on inside the city run shelters that it's safer for them to be outside in tents, obviously causing a bigger problem for New York than already has. I was looking at Brightbart's reporting on this and they pivot over. Not only is New York having a huge problem, they try to put limits on migrants that they can. Massachusetts Governor Marra Healy has been trying to limit the number of right to shelter laws that their state has, shifting weightless prioritizing actual residents in US military veterans who are homeless and putting them ahead of migrants, trying They've been suffering from criticism for several years now because they've been putting illegal immigrants ahead of their own citizens in the veteran population. Costs to the state shelter system one billion dollars.
Speaker 1: Illy said to local news.
Speaker 2: We've been saying for months now that the rapid growth of our emergency system shelter system is not sustainable. Massachusetts is out of shelter space and we simply cannot afford the current size of the system. And that's when I ran into this fun fact corner to the Center for Immigration Studies, the population of illegal immigrants in Massachusetts alone three hundred and fifty five thousand. As I mentioned, they already spent a billion dollars in the state shelter system. They say the cost is going to start soaring to one point eight billion annually by twenty twenty six, just right around the corner. But that's just housing. It doesn't include the cost of feeding, clothing, educating, giving free medical and legal aid to those in the shelter system. Nor does it include other social services like food stamps, Medicaid, and the cost of other such programs. It is blowing up budgets. It is unsustainable, unaffordable. Thank you, Kamala Harris. Borders are under Biden administration. Welcome to probably four more years or more. Seven twenty five fifty five krc DE talk station stick around Smithvent with the Smith event coming up next. After I mentioned Colin Electric for all your residential electric problems needs upgrades whatever it happens to be. If it's residential electric, you're the best possible hands with my friends at Colin Electric, Andrew Cullen and his team of licensed electricians that are great at customer service, you'll get a ten year wiring warranty on everything that they do for you. From the simple outlet installed or rewiring your whole home, the whole home generator wiring alecxis controlled LED lighting and surround sound. They've got that and they can do it tons of LED lighting solutions. As things are awesome these days compared to the way they were when they came out. That's why I went with LED cans of course installed by Colin Electric. Absolutely love them so for any residential project, you're in great hands. Colin Electric find them online. Learn more at Cullin CEU and Cullen Electriccincinnati dot com. They enjoy an A plus with a better business beer with good reason five one three two two seven four one one two five one three two two seven four one one two.
Speaker 8: Fifty five KRC between the lines Harby UH weather time five to increase today, We'll go up to eighty one degrees fivey overy.
Speaker 2: Night downe a sixty sunny sky Tomorrow eighty three sixty three every night with clear skies and a sunny Wednesday eighty seven sixty or fifty eight degrees.
Speaker 3: Right now, it's time for traffic from.
Speaker 15: The UCUT Tramphics Center, and here at least sixty percent of Americans waiting on an organ transplanter from multicultural communities give the gift of like. Sign up today to be an Oregon donor. North Bend seventy five. Break lights between Buttermilk and Kyle Sappen seventy five. Just beginning to slow past the Reagan Highway northbound fourth seventy one, not bad at all, between Grand and Downtown sap Pen seventy one, looking good two.
Speaker 1: Through Blue Ash and Kenwood.
Speaker 15: Chuck ing ramon fifty five KRC the talk station, seven thirty.
Speaker 2: Monday, Hey, regular listeners, know it is that time a week we get to hear from the former Vice Mayor of the City of Cincinnati, man of clear thinking, logic and reason, and a guy with an opinion which he offers every Monday at this time, Christopher Smithman and the Monday Morning smith a Van Christopher, welcome back to the program, my dear friend.
Speaker 3: It's always great talking.
Speaker 13: With you, Brian. It's always always good to talk to you, and I had a great time at listener lunch. Let me start there, and it was great to see you and see everybody's faces. I want to say to you that our friend Elmer Hinsler passed away Saturday morning or Friday night. What a great leader, businessman, A person who had an eighth grade education, built a one hundred million dollar company, A legend across the region, across the country, considered him a good friend. I don't think the family would mind me saying I was with him about a week ago on August the first we sat on his back porch, had a cigar, had a great conversation. And I tell you he will be deeply missed by me and so many other people. And I'll leave this subject matter with this. This was a great American who built a company by working hard, something that is thoroughly missed in this country. It was had nothing to do with race, had nothing to do with gender, I had nothing to do with anything. He treated everybody fairly. What Elmer Hensler wanted you to do was work. And one of the greatest gifts he gave me was teaching me how to live. Here's a man at ninety four who found himself in Florida with friends and family, traveling around like he was twenty five years old.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, tough question.
Speaker 13: He just showed us how to live.
Speaker 1: He did, and he's surrounded himself and I got to give him prov for this.
Speaker 13: Now.
Speaker 2: Of course Imer a wealthy man, he was, but he had like a twenty four to seven nursing staff, all these beautiful nurses that took great care of him. He would post pictures of him and whatever nurse was with him on Facebook all the time. Always had that excrement eating grin on his face like he was just loving life all the way up to the end. Man, that was Elmer.
Speaker 13: And I know you appreciate all of the advertising that he has done over the years with your family, with your father, with you, with the station. He was a big supporter of your listening audience. And I just extend my love, my deep gratitude to Donna, Greg, the entire Queen City Sausage employees, family and friends, well him. You loved him, You're listening audience loved him. I'm going to continue to eat.
Speaker 1: A sausage, continue to promote.
Speaker 13: His sausage, and I just want to give him a salute this morning at the beginning of my screen day.
Speaker 2: And I appreciate that because I feel exactly the same way. And while they haven't advertised on the morning show for quite a few years now. I still loyally buy the products because they're the best. I mean, there's no question about it. I've been through the plant, I know how they're made, I know what they're made with, and I confidently buy them and eat them because I know you can't find a better product. And you know, hell, I'd speak for them in a heartbeat if they wanted to come back on. But it is a superior product, and I hope they continue that. Elmer Hensler promise to his loyal purchasers that he'll never Achiepen the product. That's what made it so great and that's why people love it so much.
Speaker 13: You are so right. I wanted to just pivot Brian Thomas into our students or headed back to school. Some across the country started last week. Teachers definitely started last week. We'll see students going back this week as our students go back to school. First, as I said before, the greatest way out of poverty, into the middle class, into the upper middle class, and into wealth is still getting a good education period.
Speaker 1: In spite of dropping out of school in eighth grade.
Speaker 13: That's rights and people, you know, there are people who can do this, but that's not for everybody. People need people have to go in young people focus on their grades, get their own work. But what's missing in our schools is the pledge allegiance. In my opinion, what's missing in our school is deference to God. That's what's missing in our school. And these are all things that I had when I was a student every morning pledge allegiance, right, So what we're what we're turning out now are people in my young people who have this disconnect Brian Thomas to our country. And so I share with schools and leaders who are listening those private schools in particular that can make sure that their students understand that we live in the greatest country in the world, that they make sure that that's a part of their curriculum.
Speaker 3: Amen to that.
Speaker 2: And it also provides a springboard for discussion. Why are we saying the pledge of allegiance? You know we did that when I was in elementary school. I remember a teacher forced us to sit down, pen in hand and write out the Pledge of Allegiance as we understood it, the words to be. And you know a lot of kids at third grade or whatever had the words wrong, or they didn't know the whole thing and they couldn't write it down. That segued into a discussion of each sentence in the pledge and what it means and why we say it every day. What a wonderful learning opportunity that is. That's not what the left wants though, they don't want a strong America. Let's pause, we'll bring Christopher back. More Smith event coming up after I get to mention my friends at Affordable Imaging Services who will do an image, an MRI, CT scan and co cartogram ultrasound lung screening car already act scoring for a simple fraction of what the hospital imaging department's charge. Nothing more expensive for any for any one of the scans I just mentioned. The most expensive you can get is an MRI with a contrast, and it's only six hundred and forty five dollars, which includes the board certified radiologist report that you and your physician are going to get within forty eight hours. That's the most you can pay. An MRI with a is like thirty five hundred to maybe one thousand dollars. Any one of these scans can cost you literally thousands of dollars, and I don't know what your insurance company is going to pay on that, but most people are stuck with some form of out of pocket liability or an upfront deductible you got to cover before the insurance kicks in. Whatever the case may be. You're going to spend more on that than you would for the entire image at Affordable Imaging services. And yes, you have a choice when it comes to medical care. You always have a choice. Heck and ultrasound it affordable imaging is only two hundred and fifty bucks. And how about that lung screening ninety nine dollars. Yes, a much better deal. You're not going to sacrifice anything by way of image quality or the rate. I'll just report, So go where you want and save huge money. Five one three seven five three eight thousand, five one three seven, five three eight thousand Online it's Affordable Medimaging dot com.
Speaker 5: This is fifty five KARC an iHeartRadio station for Doug Goode, the.
Speaker 2: Fifty five pair c DE talk station. Brian Thomas here with Christopher Smithlin with the smith Event. Christopher, the mike is yours have out.
Speaker 3: Of my friend brother.
Speaker 13: Let me share with you that as students are going back to school I'm asking parents to do their homework when it comes to voting. We have too many voters that are showing up to cast votes early because early voting starts soon in October in Ohio. So I want voters to do their homework, learn about the candidates, learn about the issues prior to going to the poll and casting a vote that is not too much to ask. Stop being dependent on getting a sample ballot at the door and just voting straight down. Learn about what's happening in your community and go informed. So in my scleen event this morning, I think it's appropriate to say, do your homework, spend some time. Candidates that will not answer questions read alert. Candidates that candidates that will not answer questions read alert.
Speaker 1: Are you speak about there.
Speaker 13: Well, i'm speaking of the vice president, I'm speaking of anyone. But yes, I'm saying, if you're unwilling to sit down and just answer questions about your platform, here's what I'm going to do. Here's my vision for the county, the state, the city, the federal government of the United States of America. However you want to paint the picture, if you're unwilling to answer those basic questions, and I'm going in to vote, I'm saying, read alert Brian Thomas, and I think it's fair. I believe that my first my First Amendment and Second Amendment rights are on the ballot. I think inflation is on the ballot. I think oil expiration is on the ballot. I think that anti Israeli is on the ballot. There are lots of things that are on the ballot that I'm saying as a voter times you can be most selfish. I'm also saying that if you have people around you who are eighteen and are not registered to vote, register them to vote. And my last point about this subject matter is if you don't vote, shut your mouth. I don't want to hear it. Don't complain on November sixth if you didn't show up and participate in the political process. And those who say you don't like the outcome and you're going to leave the United States of America, lead now, those of you who say you don't like our country, lead now. Go to Canada if you want to go there. Go to Poland if you want to go there. It doesn't matter to me. If you don't like the United States of America, take a one way ticket, get out of here. That's what I'm saying, Brian Thomas's morning. I get so frustrated because I talk to people who will say, oh, man, I'm so fired up, I'm so geeked about the upcoming election. But I've never voted, or my husband has never voted, or my family members don't vote. What are we doing if we're only allowing thirty percent of registered voters across the country. And that's why to cast votes and decide who the president of the United States is, who's your county commissioner, who's your Hamilton County prosecutor? Who I support? Melissa Powers? Who's your sheriff? Which I support? Sheriff Neil who's running for share? But if you're not doing your homework, Brian Thomas, how can you then turn to the students who are going back to school and say do your homework?
Speaker 2: Well, I, like I often say, Chris, or you can call me looking for an argument. I agree with you completely. The only problem is, and here's my just observation of people in the relationship to politics, is that you know you and I and folks of our ilk my listening audience, those who stay in touch with media who serve different outlets looking for you know, alternative points of view. You know, whether it's it's liberal or conservative. There's a whole mixed bag of sites you can go to, many of which you are going to have to go to directly because I defy people go ahead and post an article, post it on Brightbart. It could be one hundred percent accurate. If you put it on Facebook, no one's ever going to see it. So you got to be able to go to that site yourself. But you know, people like you and I we do that all the time because we eat, sleep, and breathe politics, and so it's easier to stay up to speed and know what people are campaigning on and knowing what they stand for, or the silent ones who don't utter a syllable about where they actually stand Kamala Harris. Most people don't allocate anytime during their week the things political. I mean, I remember when we had, you know, younger kids, and you got to deal with the school issues, you got sports after school, you're going back and forth. You know, you're exhausted after you're eight, ten, twelve, fourteen hour day or whatever.
Speaker 3: You I'm home.
Speaker 2: You're lucky if you have a family dinner last thing you're going to do is sit down and immerse yourself in politics. Usually you're going to go into Netflix and binge watch your favorite show for a while to relax, which I understand. But people need to put time in their lives to take an active interest in politics. Unless you do that, you're never going to be truly informed about where any given candidate stands on the positions.
Speaker 13: Absolutely, one hundred percent, Brian Thomas. You know, I'm thinking about inflation, and I'm thinking about kids going back to school, Brian Thomas, And I'm thinking about those families out there that are trying to buy a nice pair of shoes for the kids, or book bag or lunch pail, or a nice shirt or a nice pair of jeans from stocks and clean underwear T shirts. They're families out there, brother, who are really struggling to put food on the table, and now they're being pressed against the wall to make sure that their children look nice on the first day, second day, or third day of school. Look, my hats go out to American families who get up every day, work two and three jobs to put food on the table, close on their kids back, and I salute them this morning as the greatest Americans. But they have to understand that the public policies that are coming down from the federal government are absolutely impacting their ability to buy those needed school supplies for their children. And make that connection on November fifth, and we will have a landslide federally, statewide, and locally. Meaning I'm watching the federal government pour our oil reserves onto the market. As you know, I'm a financial planner. I'm watching those oil prices drop, making gas diesel cheaper as we go into the November fifth election. The problem is, first of all, we're giving up our oil reserves. Number two, we're buying We bought that oil, some of it down at seventeen and twenty dollars a barrel is now near eighty dollars a barrel. So at the end of the day, when we get on November sixth, right when we say by low fail high, we'll be buying high, trying to pull back in those reserves that we use in order to influence this election coming up. Don't get hoodwinked by seeing lower prices right now when you're pumping your gas, because I'm sharing with your listening audience, we've got a federal government that is pouring our oil reserves out in order to keep those prices.
Speaker 2: Lower while denying us access to additional drilling than and other access to resources that would make us energy independent, all the name of this so called green New deal. And yet while they scream about green New Deal and the earth dying or whatever, here they are pumping in well oil into the system that we sit on in case of national emergency simply to make the price go lower when they're the ones that buy design caused the prices to go up.
Speaker 5: Wow, it's.
Speaker 13: It's the truth. If you live in Pennsylvania, right, you live in Ohio, you live in Indiana, you live in Kentucky, Just give me the West Virginia, you no there and you go. Man, Which candidate do I think with focused on oil exploration?
Speaker 12: Right?
Speaker 13: Would who's gonna not throw coal right out of the window?
Speaker 1: No coal?
Speaker 13: Which candidate is going to make sure that the people that are in my state are working in this space called oil exploration. My point is that look and figure out which candidates really support these things. So if they're against racking and you live in Pennsylvania, I don't care what your governor says. In Pennsylvania, I don't care how many ways he says it right. They want to say all of these wedge issues like abortion are on the are on the table for the election. That's what they want. They want to have wedge is I'm saying, my pocketbook is on the table. My ability to get up every day, fill up my tank, go to work, have a job, pay my basic bills, maybe take a basic vacation with my family, buy clothes, food, shelter, pay my rent, however you want to define it. That is really what is on the ballot. And they're trying to put us to sleep and have us focus on white black issues, LGBTQ plus issues, things that are not relevant in my opinion, as we're talking about the basic needs of Americans going into twenty twenty five, people are really hurting. That's not an exaggeration. People are suffering and hurting because they cannot buy their medicine, their social Security checks aren't going far enough, they can't pay their rent, They're having serious at their grocery bills every week are crisis. That is what is actually on the ballot. If you keep listening to this nonsense by these politicians that you don't do your homework, you'll get confused on the election day on November the sixth, Your life will never get will still not get better for the next four years.
Speaker 2: Well, you hit it out of the park as always, Christopher Smithlan couldn't agree with you more by you better off now than you were four years ago.
Speaker 3: You can go ahead and ask yourself.
Speaker 2: A question all day, Christopher, until next Monday, my friend, unless we don't talk, I'll look forward to talking to me again on Monday. And God bless you, sir, have a great week, and thanks best to health in your family. Seven fifty to fifty five krs. The talk station a recommendation and a strong one to call Peter Shebier, Kellaway and seven Hills and his team. If you need a buyer or seller's agent, that's where you need to be the best possible hands. Since a Hey's number one real estate group, their mission is to give you the five star experience that they give all of their fault clients. And they are great at what they do, There's no question about it. That's why he's the top producer around. And the Instant Offer program, which is my favorite, just because I've been through the process of selling a house and I can understand why you wouldn't want to do it. Showings, cleaning, staging, dealing with buyer financing, blah. Peter Sharee understands that that can be a headache and hassle. That's why they have an instant offer program. Call them within forty eight hours of senior house. You'll have a cash offer, meaning you can settle in less than three weeks from today, moving on with your life without having to paint or do anything, not lift a finger. That's that's one of the wings that Peter Shop you can give you the five star experience, also ways of maximizing the sale price of your house. If you hire them for a seller's agent, you're in great hands, the best possible hands. So call them. You can call them at five one three seven zero eight three thousand five one three seven zero eight three thousand. Learn more about that program and the other programs they offer by going to the website where you can learn more about the group. It's seven zero eight three thousand dot com.
Speaker 8: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: President Trump says new Clay Travis and Buck Sexton a solid odds on favorite.
Speaker 7: Today at noon on fifty five KRC, the talk station.
Speaker 2: Eight oh five at fifty five kr CD Talk station. A very happy Monday to you. I always enjoyed this time on a Monday because we get to talk finance and investments and planning for the future and what in the hell is going on with the stock market. Welcome back Brian James from All were Financial for another edition of Money Monday.
Speaker 1: Good to have you back on my friend. Hope you had a nice weekend.
Speaker 3: You too.
Speaker 2: I hope it's been good for the Thomas family as well. Absolutely, canning. We have a bumper crop of tomatoes and others and we've been canning, so we spent all weekend canning tomatoes.
Speaker 3: Good time. I'll get you through the through the next nuclear fallout.
Speaker 2: Absolutely yeah, planning ahead right, homegrown tomatoes stocked away for down the use, down the road use. And we did the numbers on this one. I hate to admit because I always think of things in terms of dollars and cents, and I looked at it like a regular can of you know, canned tomatoes, what you would pay at the grocery store and the court of can tomatoes that we made from our own efforts and labor, and after you pay for the cans and you spent a couple of hours, you know, washing and cleaning and the skinning and yah YadA YadA. I'm not sure the math. It really works out to the homecanner's advantage. You can get a cad for a buck fifty at the store.
Speaker 3: But but it's about the friends you make along the way. It's the pride.
Speaker 2: It's the pride of growing in and doing it yourself and all that goes along with it. Anyway, didn't mean to go down that road necessarily, but stock market. I thought we were all going to die when the Japan market crashed and then ours followed. We lost so many points off the Dow and the various other markets. But after one week it looks like most of it's been regained. What is going on with the markets here.
Speaker 3: Brian, Brian, what's going on with the markets?
Speaker 6: It's the same thing that's been going on forever, which is a short term terror and then long term met So we took a big dive on last Monday so we couldgo today. It kicked off with the NIK then now the Nick and Japan isn't what it was in the eighties, right, It's still still a powerful, large economy, but there was a while where we thought, you know, the post war economy in Japan in thirty forty years ensuing World War Two through the eighties, we thought that was going to be the end all be all that we should all drive for, right, But ever since then, you know, in the thirty forty years since then, since that peak, we've seen a very different story. So Japan's a large economy, but it has a lot of challenges that the United States economy does not have. But when you know, in a lot of cases when it comes to investments and market indexes and all those, you know types of things, when one region gets a sniffle, somebody else gets a cold. And so we saw a huge reaction on Monday to the in the overall stock market. Plus there there's always this underlying sense of doom, right. We always feel like we're we have two ten toes over the ledge and we're about to go over the cliff.
Speaker 3: And a lot of times you know that the herd.
Speaker 6: Is simply looking for a catalyst to say, you know what this is it that's the gunshot. Everybody panic, And that seems to have been what happened Monday, because right if you went to sleep last Sunday and woke up this morning and didn't read any headlines, you'd think the market did nothing. The dal Jones is down abou zero point six percent over the week. The S and P five hundred is just about perfectly flat as we're sitting here right now. So as long as you didn't read the headlines, it ended up being a big old nothing burger.
Speaker 3: Now, did you have you know?
Speaker 2: I know you're a financial planner and you quite often joke about your job being more about talking people off the ledge and actually your involvement with you know, actively managing funds and trading stocks and like, but keeping people in the mix rather than fleeing when the market has a tank. That's the worst possible time to sell. You shouldn't sell when it's down. But do you have any personal experience with someone saying Nope, had enough, I need to get out of this. It's only going to get rockier and worse as as as we move forward.
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 6: Absolutely, And it's natural And as a financial advisor, your naive if you think you should be able to avoid those times, that's your job. So yeah, I got the phone rang a decent amount last week of people just kind of checking in. Most people simply react to it is that it's almost like they want to make sure I'm going to pick up the phone because think we've talked about these things before. We've built a financial plan and we stress tested it, meaning we put together your goals, here's what you're trying to accomplish, here's the resources you have, and here's what it looks like if nothing bad ever happens.
Speaker 1: Again.
Speaker 6: Now let's do the whole process again, but let's stress test it, meaning, for example, let's take away twenty percent of your financial net worth. Doesn't matter how it goes away, but let's just pretend that that happens on day one of retirement. The market takes a hit, you gambled it away, or there are some kind of health problem.
Speaker 3: I it doesn't matter. Let's just do the numbers again.
Speaker 6: If your plan can handle it, then we can say, look, we have stress tested you can handle this much pain, but not that much, so we know where the limit is. If your plan can't handle that, now we got to go back to the drawing board and figure out how to either increase the amount of resources we have, which means maybe working longer, possibly saving more.
Speaker 3: It never means let's look for better performing investments. Right.
Speaker 6: We're always in the best performing investments according to someone's risk tolerance. There's no reason not to be. But it's just really a matter of having your eyes on the prize toward the end and understand what it will look like in the good times, but most importantly, what it will look and feel like, Brian, in the bad time.
Speaker 2: And that's the most important value of a financial planner from my perspective. You have all the algorithms you can run, those various now paes, and what the future looks like based upon any given circumstance. I mean, I had that done for me, and you know, gives me some comfort knowing that, yeah, if it takes a big hit, you're at least going to be able to pay your bills, Brian, so don't worry about it too much. That's I mean, that's peace of mind, right, I mean, that's really what you're looking for with in terms of your financial plan for the future.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, And I would say I don't bring much value in terms of setting people up with investment plans, right. We put a lot of time and energy into that, but there's an awful lot of options out there for that. The value of any financial advisor is more in perspective. So as I've done this for thirty years, and so what that means is that I have thirty years worth of conversations with with terrified clients, crazy situations either related to the market or maybe somebody's personal situation, and the perspective and the value and an advisor is somebody who can basically say, hey, look this is how I this is how other clients got through this. This part stinks, but here's some levers you can pull, and these are different, different approaches you can take to address the issue, whatever that happens to be. I'm not worried about, you know, artificial intelligence and all that stuff taking over my job because at the end of the day, people still want to make eye contact with somebody who can make them feel better about things by helping them see the forest for the trees exactly.
Speaker 2: So, and we have that many years experience. Of course, you've seen some pretty substantial ups and downs in the market over the years. Pivoting over what the hell is it with August? I know that's we were going to cover this topic in this segment. So why is August?
Speaker 13: What do.
Speaker 2: They described as one of the most dangerous months in the financial calendar, according to the Guardians reporting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's just a.
Speaker 6: Lot of things that happen in August, and historically speaking, this all these these are these headlines are kind of click baity, right, we want to get five balls on screen so we can sell advertising. But there's a lot of history that kicked off in August two thousand and eight probably being the biggest one.
Speaker 3: That's when that's when we started to have a little bit of chaos.
Speaker 6: Of course technically started earlier that year, but that the roller the top of the roller coaster ride back in two thousand and eight really started in August, and just just some different things. Historically, this is when when the original Gulf War began and that triggered an oil crisis in you know, thirty forty years ago, and just it's just something for people to grab onto to say it is August.
Speaker 3: I want to control things.
Speaker 6: Therefore, here's things that happen in August, and I'm going to assume they happen again. It's a dangerous way to think about it. A lot of times nothing happens. Pick a random year and probably nothing major happened in August, but there do happen to be a lot of events out there historically that did have an impact.
Speaker 2: Well, it is kind of I mean, you know, did anybody expect that, I'm just saying to invade Kuwait when he did? I mean that that August was the date that he chose to move into Kuwait. I mean, it seems fortuitous. It has nothing to do with August. It's just whatever timing he decided at the time. But there are a lot of It just seems to me, you know, sort of just perchance that August was a date when something bad happened. It wasn't because it was the month of August that had happened, correct.
Speaker 3: And that's not the only thing too.
Speaker 6: I mean, there's August typically has a yes, yeah, that the historical events are largely coincidence, but some other things that go along with August. You have lower trading volume, and this is literally because because there aren't as many traders moving dollars around. It's vacation time, right, everybody's dealing with somebody who you got haven't gotten an email back from because they're on PTO. Well, that happens in the stock market too, meaning that portfolios don't move around as much. And I'm not talking about you know, I'm talking about literally globally, across the across the entire world. The stock market is based in New York City, of course, the largest chunk of it anyway, So anybody who wants to trade American stocks is going to deal with the American calendar. A lot of Americans are on vacation, so little things like that do have an impact on the market.
Speaker 3: There's just less activity. And there are also there's a number of other economic data releases.
Speaker 6: There's a whole bunch of things that come out in terms of a Federal Reserve reports, and it's just it's just a bigger quarter for that kind of information to drive the market, and that can have an impact as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's the article points so that to that point, the month of August is when strains become a parent that can lead to crises in September, so the reporting you're talking about, the red flags that are being waived, and then you know the aftermath is inevitable and that's obviously the following month in September.
Speaker 1: So let us pause.
Speaker 2: We'll bring Brian James back to talk about our credit card debt not looking real good considering the average consumers total credit card debt.
Speaker 3: One.
Speaker 2: Get that and we'll also get ready for nasty layoffs. That'll be topic number three with Brian James coming up first. A word for talking about money, a real money issue is you're in medical insurance. You know how much money you're paying every month, and you know what your out of pocket responsibility is, maybe your co pay, and that is substantial, so substantial. There are a lot of folks out there that won't even get a monthly or rather pay a monthly premium because they can handle the out of pocket responsibilibility that they would have, like say, un an Obamacare plan. There are better ways, and that way is to work with a team that covers. Since the John Rolman and his team, they pride themselves on being experts in healthcare, not just health insurance. They work with hundreds of insurance companies thousands of different healthcare plans, which allows them to customize a plan best fitting your individual needs. He's a medical insurance broker, meaning he works for you, not the insurance companies. And since he has this diverse group of insurance companies and policies. He can find the best solution for your specific needs. And I emphasize specific because they look at every person individually. You, your family all are individuals and each person may in your family may have a different policy or a package of policies. Same thing with businesses, they look at each of the employees. They can even improve your business's bottom line and make medical insurance affordable to those well your employees who can't afford it. Talk about employee retention. Can you imagine that the benefits of having dollar one coverage for your employees. Yeah, that'll create some employee loyalty when they can afford it and they can. Working with Cover Sinsey, it's just a phone call. There's no obligation to you. Just initiate the conversation to find out how much money and better coverag John and the team can do for you. That's five one three eight hundred two two five five five to one three eight hundred call to learn more about cover Sincy in the team and to fill out a form to start this process. It's easy to do. The website Coversincy dot.
Speaker 8: Com fifty five krc A twenty.
Speaker 2: Fifth about KRCD talk station Brian Thomas with always Brian James do on a Monday Monday Uh, obviously reflective of something that I can say that you don't have to agree with me. Necessarily better off now than you were four years ago. We see that the United States collectively Americans oh one point one four trillion dollars on the credit cards, with the average average credit card balance now six three and twenty nine dollars according to TransUnion, UH and more falling behind on their payments. This is not a pretty picture, Brian James, considering how high the interest rates are in credit cards these days, most notably right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's not an ideal situation if you're one of those people with the average of sixty three hundred dollars sitting on a credit card. And the thing to remember, right, because I get a lot of people confused about this. People will sheepishly tell me that, well, we have money on a credit card, but we pay it off every month. Well good, Then you don't have money on a credit card. You're just you're using it as a payment vehicle. So we're talking about people with rotating balances, meaning they don't pay it off and they're paying The article doesn't say much about interest rates. But the whole reason the credit card industry exists, of course, is for the banks behind it to ultimately get loans out there at sixteen, seventeen, eighteen percent, sometimes twenty seven to twenty eight percent, because people forget that I got that sign up bonus, I got my miles or my rewards or my whatever last year, and now it's just a credit card and I'll just throw somem dobt on it.
Speaker 3: No big deal. That's what they're hoping for.
Speaker 6: That's why they give you all that upfront stuff, because they're going to make an enormous amount of money on the people who cannot pay those balances off. And we're just at a part of the economic cycle where people are needing to find money in extra places just to get the ends to meet correctly.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess what to do.
Speaker 2: I mean, obviously manage once finances where they can rely less on credit cards. But it's easy to say, but practically speaking, when your grocery bill has gone up twenty percent or whatever the inflationary realities around us, some people just can't do that.
Speaker 1: I imagine.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it can be tough, but you know, it all starts with knowing where your money goes in the first place. Yeah, sit down, sit down and look at look at your checking account. This isn't hard to do. Look at your checking account. And if you're using the credit card for everything, that actually that's a good thing. It makes it it makes it easier, at least under to see where things are going.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they do provide those breakdowns, and I know it is. I'm not much of a credit card user. Obviously, I use my credit cards you have to, most notably for online purchases and that. But I like to lean on cash because it helps me stay within the confines of a reasonable weekly expenditure. You know, if I have if I get five hundred dollars out, it's got to last me the whole week or whatever. That's one of the reasons why I typically pay in cash. But if you use your credit card, they break it down by category. It's like, Okay, where am I spend? Where were I spending that I shouldn't be spending?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: You know, It's like, I know there are luxury items in here, Let's see where they are and see what percentage of my monthly expenditures going to things that I might be able to cut out of my expenditure list.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's exactly right.
Speaker 13: Now.
Speaker 3: I learned this.
Speaker 6: I learned that completely by accident because I'm a little I'm in the opposite of you.
Speaker 3: I'm a bit of a financial hacker.
Speaker 6: I want to connect things that I'm going to do anyway and have it benefit me somehow. And so what I'm speaking of is rewards. Well, we did twenty years ago. We set up a credit card. It was through Fidelity and they still have them, that paid two percent into a five twenty nine plan, and we used that.
Speaker 3: We swiped it for absolutely everything we could.
Speaker 6: I've heared that pay for the company lunches and all that stuff that was going to get expense and everything. And that ended up being I'm not exaggerating, bright it was close to forty thousand dollars of rewards plus whatever the market did on you know, this is two decades of market growth here too.
Speaker 3: So but as I was doing that, that was my goal.
Speaker 6: As I was doing that, I realized that the Fidelity would spit out a little spreadsheet that would say, here's what you spent at the grocery store, here's what you spent on streaming stuff, here's the cell phone bill, all of that stuff. So anyway, the moral of the story is to get back to our point, understand where you are, and you may already have the resources you need to do that we're not talking about. You know, this isn't the eighteen hundreds where you need to go over the big giant ledgers and dig all these transactions out. You probably pull it up on your phone, know where the dollars are going and figure out where you can trim back.
Speaker 1: And can I make fun of Starbucks right now?
Speaker 3: Of course we knew that every week.
Speaker 2: Every week somebody sends something to be off airs, like you really have a thing about Starbucks, Like, come on, it's just that I recognize I can get a far better value and an equally good cup of coffee if I'm making it myself. I save so much money because we are coffee drinking in the house. If every one of the cups of coffee that was drinking our house was purchased from Starbucks, I'd have to get a second mortgage.
Speaker 3: I mean no, I.
Speaker 6: Yes, and I'm the same way, have the same thought. I have to allow for the fact that I can smell the difference between Starbucks coffee and gas station coffee.
Speaker 3: I cannot taste it, so therefore I'm going to save those.
Speaker 2: Dollars well and making it home. You get to pick your own bean. You can go with dark roast or maybe a regular roast, a Columbian. You get your own choice. It's all far less expensive. So thank you for yet another opportunity to point out an easy place to save a lot of money. Coming up here to get ready for nasty layoffs. I hope that's a clickbait headline. More with Brian James one more money Monday here this morning, eight twenty five. If you buy KCEB talk station Fastened pro Roofing, I can tell you without question, Fast and Pro Roofing are great, great people generally speaking, and they're awesome roofers. They do superior work. So if you're looking for an honest reputation company and it's difficult to find those in the roofing businesses, I've pointed out for years and years, it's Fast and Pro Roofing should be default number to call. You can get second opinions, that's fine, but you're going to get an honest roofing assessment from Fast and Pro That's where it all starts the free roof inspection. Hopefully they come down off your roof and they don't give you a quote because nothing needs to be done, but they will give you some idea about how long your roof has in terms of remaining life. That can help you plan for the future. Speaking you know things of money when it comes to doing the work. Though, if you need a new roof and you're going with a shingle roof replacement, they'll give you the upgrade, the free upgrade to the pro fifty year certainty landmark shingle. That's peace of mind. And if you need custom work done, like custom metal work maybe around your bay window, box cutters those are a different type of gutter they do. Those also do regular gutters. Gutter guards are a great thing. Can have them do independent of any roofing work, siding work and other exterior projects, all done by the true craftsman at Fastened Pro Roofing, locally owned and operated since nineteen ninety nine. Honest start with that they enjoy an a plus with a better business. Bero, please tell them, Brian said, how many call for that free inspection? End quote five one, three, seven, seven four ninety four ninety five, seven, seven, four, ninety four, ninety five online Fasten fast e n fastenproroofing dot.
Speaker 8: Com, fifty five KRC.
Speaker 2: The Simply Money compan nine first one and weather forecast claudy day to day with a high of eighty one CLOUDI overy night down is sixty Tomorrow sunny skies with a high.
Speaker 3: Of eighty three clear overnighteth sixty three.
Speaker 2: For a low in a sunny Wednesday with a I of eighty seven sixty three degrees.
Speaker 3: Right now, let's see about.
Speaker 1: Traffic from the UCL Traffic Center.
Speaker 15: Here these sixty percent of Americans waiting on an organ transplanner from multicultural communities gift the gift of life. Sign up today to be an organ donor. He spent two seventy five. That's just a bit of a slow go pass an accident near Hamilton Avenue. They're over on the right shoulder southbound seventy five continued slow through Lachman North, found having as buttermilk into downtown. Delay times have dropped under the ten minute market. Chuck ing ramon fifty five ker seat the talk station.
Speaker 2: AY twenty nine for the goive KCV talk station Brian Thomas with Brian James, one more segment of money Monday, and we do it every Monday. And change in the market conditions at least for workers, saygabye to the four day work week and remote work, Brian. This is some of the red flags being waved now since jobs reports going kind of south on folks.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so we're hitting a part of the economic cycle where things are slowing a little bit.
Speaker 3: And this again, this is not at all to be I hate this headline. Frankly, we're good.
Speaker 6: We're not going to work on the weekends, those kinds of things a little bit feer.
Speaker 2: I got a kick out of that Samsung, for example, telling you executives to show up on Saturday or Sunday to help boost the company's business. I wrote boo hoo next to that, because I practice litigation for a Chicago law firm and you just work at work six days a week regardless. So we was just you know, telling people to show up, get your butt into work, and get some bill will hours on. That's what was all about. And yeah, no sympathy at all. It's all about the.
Speaker 6: Profit margin and if the workers are at the machines, we can make profit.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 6: The key point there was that in that particular part of the headline was was Samsung executives.
Speaker 3: Well, if you're truly an executive for a big.
Speaker 6: Company like that, you're pretty much working nights and weekends anyway, because the emails come in.
Speaker 3: We're not talking nine to five people.
Speaker 6: So but any case, what's happening here the things that the average person might be able to expect.
Speaker 3: There's just some reduced flexibility.
Speaker 6: So companies are becoming a little bit less accommodating with these flexible work arrangements, whether that is build your own schedule, or if it's the location, whether.
Speaker 3: You're working from home or remote or so forth.
Speaker 6: They're just feeling that companies are no longer feeling like they have to offer those things in order to hire people. Since the economy is slowing a bit, there aren't jobs everywhere, so you're no longer going to have you know, we've had this situation here where we will have the very first question out of potential employee's mouth is what's the schedule like?
Speaker 3: And can I work from home?
Speaker 6: So if you are truly a career oriented person, you're going to need to be a little more flexibility on those kinds of things.
Speaker 2: No doubt about it. I was laughing because the market conditions and the demand for labor was a huge not that long ago, and we of course had it's extremely low unemployment numbers United autoworkers. We're able to leverage that to their advantage and negotiate a huge, huge increase in their pay and benefits. And I noted that Stilantis just laid off about twenty five hundred of those newly minted salary increase folks. And that's the reality of what's one On the autobile industry. They're laying off people who make internal combustion engines because the because of the EV mandates.
Speaker 3: So yeah, and the big industries like that.
Speaker 6: Employers get employees get treated a lot like just any kind of other raw material rights just in time delivery of human labor, just like steel or coal or anything else.
Speaker 3: Well, isn't it funny?
Speaker 2: I mentioned Starbucks without consulting the article first before I mentioned in the last segment, Starbucks said that last week that traffic to its shops has slumped, especially among customers who weren't regulars. According to the CEO there hm hmm. Challenging consumer environment, flexible spending right discretionary spending. That's what people tend to do.
Speaker 6: We don't do as many of those things that you know, when things slow down a little bit, we do tend to pull back on those things we don't really need. So yeah, just like you, just like Brian Thomas, a lot of people are making coffee at home as opposed to what they were doing in the past. And we've seen that elsewhere too. Right, So McDonald's has brought back some of the cheap items on their menu. These are the first signs of what I think is this. This is the death knell of the inflationary era that we're in. Prices aren't going to go back to where they were, right, We're not going to do that. That's not how things work. But at the same time, I think we've reached the point where even the profiteering part of the inflationary cycle, where companies go, you know what, our costs went up five percent, but I bet we can raise prices by ten percent. Nobody's going to complain they were right. But I think we're now seeing the pushback.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you know that that has an impact, and I think, you know, there may be something positive built into this and I've joked about it before, but we all know fast food's not good for us if it gets priced out or we look at it and we say, you know, I used to pay three dollars and now it's eight dollars.
Speaker 1: I'm just not going to do it.
Speaker 2: And going back to your point about us making our own coffee and maybe I'll just buy a pound of hamburger and fry some up at home.
Speaker 6: It's not that tough, right, Yeah, and that's again your house decision. Yeah, and hopefully we will see we will see that. I hope it remains to be seen whether people are really willing to take that step.
Speaker 3: But yeah, that would be that would be a nice trade off.
Speaker 2: So the boiling this down is that you should expect fewer concessions from the would be employers or current employers in terms of whether or not you continue to do remote work or have to come back into the office, and getting more concessions from your employer maybe more difficult in this more challenging environment kind.
Speaker 6: Of, Yeah, those are the most Obviously, you also might be hearing about higher performance expectations. They might be coming and saying, look, we need a little more, we need more productivity.
Speaker 3: Out of this workforce we need.
Speaker 6: We just need more better work, better quality outcome, and all those kinds of things. You also may hear your employer be pushing you to pick up new skills. Rather than going out and hiring a new employee. They may want the existing employees to learn how to do new things. You also could hear about potential pay cuts or possible You might hear your employers start talking about, what we think things are going to get a little stagnant for a little while, so we need to cut here and there. No more you know, no more coffee budget for you folks. You got to pay for your own well.
Speaker 2: I guess in terms of making on more responsibilities, that makes you indispensable to a company, or more so than if you're someone who's unwilling to take on some new roles and responsibilities. I mean, the idea is, you want to become invaluable, you need to secure your job and be willing to be that person who can be counted on, especially if you're younger.
Speaker 6: Make make them notice that you're not there that day. That is, that's the only way this isn't you know In nineteen forty nineteen fifty, where all you had to do was show up at the factory every day and work hard and you'd have a pension. That's not how it works anymore. You have to increase your net worth by increasing your income, which means you got to know your worth and increase your worth.
Speaker 3: Amen to that.
Speaker 2: And finally, I have to ask you this, and I don't know if you've seen any figures. Over the course of the pandemic and more and more people working remotely. Now, I know my wife's productivity has gone up because she no longer has forty five minutes on either side for a commute, doesn't have to worry about or enjoy, as the case may be, the chatter and the banter in the office talking with friends over a cup of coffee that reduces productivity. So in her experience, her productivity has gone up. But generally speaking, have you seen any figures on productivity for remote workers, because I know there's a lot of concerns that people are just you know, faking their you know, their mouse movement and buying one of those mouse mover pieces of equipment you can get on Amazon for a few bucks and not minding the store, not doing their business, maybe getting you know, home, you know, cleaning done or laundry done in lieu of actually working. Have you seen any numbers about that productivity levels.
Speaker 6: I can't say specific numbers, Brian, but what I would say from talking to clients who own companies and are making these types of decisions, I can confidently say that if it were pro beneficial, beneficial to productivity, then we'd be leaning into it. We'd be looking for more ways to be more flexible. So I got to say, if I have to choose between are workers more productive when working from home or are they more productive in the office, I got to lean toward the office because no one's talking about let's find more ways to keep people working from home.
Speaker 2: Valid point. Plus, you need to FaceTime with the boss. That helps your future and your career.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, And then again that's what it's all about, especially for you younger folks.
Speaker 3: FaceTime is extremely important. Get out there and increase your worth.
Speaker 2: Brian James, appreciate all worth loading out every Monday for a few segments. I always enjoy talking with you. I'll bring it back next Monday for another edition of Monday Monday, and between now and then, best of health you and all your loved ones and the folks at.
Speaker 3: All Worth sounds good.
Speaker 2: We'll talk to you then, take care of my friend eight thirty seven fifty five KRCD talk station and something. I hope you never hear you have cancer. I heard that from my doctor. Actually doctor is plural.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: Once you hear it once and you can't unring that bell, you got cancer. What are you going to do about it?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 2: I turned to OHC at the behest of my friend Joni, who gave me a strong recommendation, Brian, just get in touch with OHC. And I'm glad I did, because you know, here, I'm coming up fast on four years cancer free. I just pray that I make it to four years. You know, it's a little every little bit counts. But that was the treatment protocol they put me on and the here I am and I'm glad that I was in their care and you will be too. They surround you with everything you need. They're always there with the latest and leading edge treatments and clinical trials, bringing innovative treatment obents to the options through their patient. They simply have one approach that surround you with everything you need to focus on beating cancer, which is what you and your family are going to care about the most for more than thirty five years. They have great cancer doctors there, so I would recommend you put your health in their hands or get a second opinion. You've already got an opinion. The number is eight eight eight six four ninety eight hundred eight eight eight six four nine forty eight hundred. Find them online go to ohcare dot com.
Speaker 5: This is fifty five KRC an iHeartRadio station one.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC DE talk station. You feel free to call.
Speaker 2: Segments left here five one, three, seven four nine, fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two to three talk found five fifty on EHT ANDT phone and of course fifty five KRC dot com.
Speaker 1: Get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: Had Christopher smithment on the program earlier, as we do every Monday at seven thirty doing the Smither vent so always an enjoyable segment. I love talking to Christopher, and of course started off acknowledging the passing Elmer Hensler, Cincinnati business icon, an amazing, amazing guy with an amazing story.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: Christopher's of course talking about the virtues of education, and I agree with him whole heartedly. It is the key to a financial future and success. But if your guy like Elmer Hensler, you drop out at eighth grade and you hit the ground running. And that's what he did. And basically the sausage king here in the city of Cincinnati. He made the best product and bought out all of his competitors over the years, ninety four years, and he was at the top of his game all the way up to the very end, just loving life all the way to the end. So anybody who knows Elmer or new rather Elmer, knows the kind of guy he was. And I always respected Elmer for his candor. I just guy did not pull a punch ever, and he of course had a demonstrably superior product with his Queen City Sausage. Never cheap in the product. Elmer Hensler, Rest in peace, great guy. Anyhow, we're still we still don't know what Kamala Harris is all about. I started the other the Morning Show talking about that, and remember what she did support because we know that, and we don't know where she is is now. Her campaign website remains completely void of anything by way of policy. Now she promises that you know, in the coming weeks she's going to be rolling this out. But we're getting very close to the election in early voting, so wouldn't it be nice to know what she's all about before you go ahead and vote for her? And I don't know how it is. I mean, we've got a couple of polls. Out of these newer polls, she got slammed on social media. Okay, here's a policy she could roll out right now. She said, when I am president. This is on her ex Twitter post. When I am president, it will be my day one priority to fight to bring down prices. I will take on big corporations and engage in illegal price gouging to find that for me, would you please? I will take on corporate landlords and unfairly raised rents on working families unfairly. So you're gonna do a deep dive, case by case analysis of that, In other words, interject due process into the equation. How complicated would it be. Let's say she thinks McDonald's price gouging big corporation price gouging. You're gonna have to prove that. And what is illegal price gouging in a free market where McDonald's is in competition with literally every other burger chain on the planet. There's only so much they can do. Corporate landlord's unfairly raising arounds our working families. Yeah, well, and taking care of their properties too. They don't do that much. And city Sinceinnat has been reeling with that problem for decades. Now go after a corporate landlord. They're out in some other city or even country. It's tough to track them down. And when you finally track them down, they just simply change the corporate structure, transferring ownership to a different LLC, and you get to start the process all over again. Good luck with that. Imagine doing that on a case by case basis. But the follow up point on social media was, well, wait a second. If you're going to bring down prices on day one, if you get elected president, you're already vice president of the United States of America and effectively president given where Joe Biden is in terms of the cognitive ability, how about doing it now? That was such a slow moving softball that everybody and his brother cracked it out of the park. What has she been doing for the last three and a half years. Facts don't why, but apparently she does. Why wait until you're president to make that happen? If you haven't done anything about it so far. You won't start now. Another astute observer pointed out, someone tell her she's in office now, why hasn't she done any of this before?
Speaker 13: Now?
Speaker 2: Legitimate question. So you know it's with that background, No, none of her own policy except what we know that she has, you know, embraced previously. You know, Medicare for all, green new Deal, defund the police, banning fracking. All of this was her stated campaign pledge back in twenty twenty, rather twenty nineteen or twenty twenty. And of course she's been in office now for three and a half years. You know what her policies are, the administration's policies, and she's not moving away from them. And yet we have two polls out Harris more trusted on US economy than Trump according to the Financial Times, University of Michigan Raw School, a business poll. And then you pivot over to this New York Times seeing a college poll with the headlines New York Times poll Harris leads Trump's in Trump in three battleground states. I think the polls reflect a little bit better landscape for Trump than the headlines reflect. But nonetheless, I mean, considering everything we were talking about with Brian James, credit card bills through the roof. People can't pay their bills. Christopher Smitha was all over that subject matter this morning. But poor families out there that can't afford groceries and they've got to send their kids off to school. They're struggling to afford you know, the basic necessities for a kid to get in a school and go to school each and every day. You know, clean clothes and the supplies. Are you worse off now than you were four years ago? And yet some people getting duped by this dodge, dip, duck, dive and dodge strategy the Harris campaign is engaged in. It was effective for Joe Biden. Are you going to allow it to be effective for her? Five fifty five hundred eight hundred two three talk odor Exit great products. Odo Exit eliminates the odors that are plaguing your world, whether it's a human odors, bathroom odors for example, sweat, mold, mildew, smoke, food odors, whatever the dog rolled around in or was sprayed by like a skunk spray. They have a product to deal with all of those with a one hundred percent satisfaction guarantee if it doesn't eliminate the odor. When you use otor exit as directed, they give you all your money back to learn more about which product you need to buy, to learn about the products themselves. Generally, to have all of your question answered, there is a toll free number. Just consult the website. It's odor exit dot com od O r XIT. You can read the guarantee. It's right there on the front page. There's a little search engine you can find out where it's sold locally. But go ahead and order at otor exit dot com. If you do it before three o'clock in the afternoon today, you'll have it on your doors tomorrow morning overnight delivery, and then you're on your way to an odor free environment. They work as products work on everything except the stench of politics. Odor Exit dot.
Speaker 8: Com fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: More time for the weather. Cloud increased day.
Speaker 2: We get a cloudy day with a high of eighty one and a cloudy night with a little of sixty Tomorrow sunny skies in eighty three, with clear skies overnight dropping to sixty three.
Speaker 3: Wednesday's going to be sunny as.
Speaker 2: Well, with a high of eighty seven closing out at sixty eight. Right now, let's hear about final traffic from the UCL Traffic Center. Nearly sixty percent of Americans waiting on an organ transplanner from multicultural communities give the gift of life. Sign up to be an organ donor today. No delay passed, what's left of an accident and he's spend two seventy five ATRA Hamiltonay Avenue.
Speaker 15: They were over on the right hand side southbound seventy five at an extra five and an out of back run northbound seventy five. Just a couple of extra minutes needed now between Dixie and downtown. Chuck Ingram on fifty five krc the talk station, Hey, fifty.
Speaker 2: One, fifty five KRCD talk station Tomorrow being Tuesday, Bright Part inside Scoop eighth five for that every Tuesday, and the Daniel Davis Deep Dive at eight thirty. Enjoy those segments, and I hope you do as well. Always find the segments at fifty five kr SE dot com, including my conversation with Christopher Smith and of course Brian James at you five kr sea dot com. Get that iHeartMedia, a fc can stream wherever you happen to be and back to those two polls, which you know, I mean, I know Kamala Harris is enjoying this honeymoon period, this sigh of relief from all the Democrats who knew that Joe Biden wasn't electable. But you know what she stands for and what she's running on, and none of it, well, at least we think what she's gonna run on. She does have a record, which is what Trump and his team should be focusing on. Someone gave Jad Vans huge props earlier this morning about how he's able to stay on focus, stay on message, and you know, and and well get the message out about what the Trump team stands for, what it is running on, and all the terrible components of the Biden administration. Donald Trump of late, you know, gets a lot of press form just calling Kamala Harris names, and of course calling Timmy Timmy Wall's names as well. And that's not what we need now. Whether Trump is actually attending these events and actually talking about policy to the extent he is, he's not getting any credit for it in the mainstream media, nor should anyone expect that to happen. But if he doesn't call names, then they won't report on that component of what he's messaging on. So that's my only criticism right now at Trump is that he's got so much going for him in terms of the economy and the record from the Biden administration that he should be sticking with that. And apparently Jade Vans is doing a good job of that right now. But this New York Times Siena College, what does it say when I asked the twenty four election were held today, fifty percent of respondents in Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania going with Harris. Forty six are going with Trump. How is this possible? According to the Don Levey, the director of the Santa College Research Institute, it's a new race across a Russbelt battleground state now the former president Donald Trumps facing Harris instead of Biden. Harris has opened up leads of four points in those states with strong support from women, younger votes, Blacks, and those with college education. Yet Trump continues to be seen by voters as better on the economy, better on immigration, but by smaller margins that he had over Biden. So, knowing nothing about what Harris is actually running on, just merely substituting Harris for Biden has given people some sort of I guess feeling that Harris is going to do it better on those those extraordinarily important issues, most notably immigration. How could you score Harris better than Biden on an immigration unless you want to lay the blame for him for putting the responsibility in her hands. The other one Financial Times University of Michigan Raw School a business poll, forty two percent of voters say they trust Harris on the economy, compared with forty one percent who go with Trump. Again the numbers unchanged for Trump, Harris's standing jumped seven points on that one, merely because she's not Joe Biden, even though she hasn't articulated a different vision or path through the future beyond what Biden has given us and she has given us Americans still citing as inflation as their biggest concern. Survey showed only nineteen percent of voters believe that they're better off today than they were when Biden took office, and you're saying the mere substitution to Harris makes things better. Of those surveys, sixty percent said she should either break completely from the president's economic policies or make major policy changes to his platform, proving my point she hasn't articulated different vision. At this point, we are only running on what we know about her, which is the antithesis of what the surveyed folks sixty percent of one, which is moving away far away from the current economic policies of this administration. So, you know, confusing results built into the poll. I'm just surprised that just merely subsidiing Harris for Biden has resulted in as much of a jump as it has. We'll wait and see how things move forward and if she comes up with any policy points she wants to actually run on. If you bought karrs dot com, getry I heard media while you're there, Tune in tomorrow for the Bright bart Inside Scooba The Deep Die. Thank you Joe Strecker for all that you do produce in the program. I appreciate it, folks. I hope you have a wonderful day, and I hope you can stick around. Glen Bee's coming right up.
Speaker 6: Come Al Fight, Fight Fight.
Speaker 1: This is where you get the very
Speaker 7: Latest twenty twenty four fifty five KRC The talk station